Speaker 1: Five o five fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 2: Happy Monday, say your fire, Yes indeed, and many people are Happy Monday to you. Brian Thomas right here, glad to be good, to see Joe Streger, Worry belongs in the executive production booth, and a nice lineup. Always look forward to Mondays, and for no other reason. Then we get to talk with the former Vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati, Christopher Smith Van coming up at seven twenty every Monday, get the smither Vent and Monday Monday with Brian James back on the plate eight oh five for that one. As his tradition, Trump's tax plan. We'll talk homestalls apparently stalled mortgages or I guess, cooling off the sale of homes, thirty two hour workweek question mark, and looking at your phone at work is costing you money.
Speaker 1: That's with Brian James. As four topics.
Speaker 2: We'll hear from Buddy Levy or Levy with his book Realm of Ice and Sky, Triumph Tragedy and History's Greatest Arctic rec Rescue apparently an award winning author known for books on Arctic history. This one's about the aerial exploration to reach the Summit of the Earth. I guess I don't know blimpse or something. So anyway, we'll hear from Buddy on that. Let him explain it. It's his book. You'll be able to get a copy that at fifty five care se dot com, where you can also get a well some great stuff from Patriots Landing helping out veterans dealing with their well trials and tribulations. The beautiful workshop and the fun things that they make for folks, and the flag boxes and the new cross they've got there. I don't know what they're going to call it, but Jesus Cross, I believe is what it's called. But bottom line is this. All the craft products are made by veterans, signed by the veteran who made them, and Patriots Landings provides this wonderful environment for veterans to hang out together commissery, share their stories, get emotional support, and of course employment.
Speaker 1: So you're supporting a.
Speaker 2: Wonderful organization when you buy one of their products, and they welcome tours and folks that stop over and say hello. Real close to the ARC exhibit in Kentucky, Heavens Gain Ministries providing services for families who lose their babies during pregnancy. Really sad topic, but I'm glad they're there for those folks out in the world that really emotionally devastated from the loss of a child and needs services. And there they are, right there Heaven's Game providing those services. Congressman Warren Davidson doctor Congressman Davidson for a few segments. Check out that podcast as well, and of course every Friday Tech Fight with Dave Hatter uh and get your iHeart media by her here at fifty five KRC dot com. What is going on the world allway? Welcome phone calls, as I always do. Feel free to call five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three taco with pound five fifty if you have an AT and T phone.
Speaker 1: Where to start?
Speaker 2: How about immigration, calling it shock and awe, ICE gathering up record numbers of folks over the weekend and throughout last week. Government Deportation Force said it made nearly one thousand new arrests yesterday alone, four to a total about twenty four hundred. And I must note they obviously ICE knows where these folks are. The criminal illegal immigrants they're having such great success rounding them up. Clearly they know the location of where these folks.
Speaker 1: Are hanging out.
Speaker 2: Dozens of gang members, migrants tied to the trade, the Aragua Gang, convicted murderers, habitual drunken drivers, drug dealers, migrants charged with sex crimes, all among the twenty four hundred that have been picked up so far. And they are not done by any stretch of the imagination. ICE announced yesterday had begun target They had begun enhanced targeted operations, specifically in Chicago. In addition, the Army's wanted first Airborne Division said it was mobilizing troops for a military police battalion to help deal with the invasion of illegal immigrants invasions, the word the Trump used. Pentagon officials have said the additional military person will help the border patrol spot illegal border for crossings. We now have military planes being used to import migrants from the border directly back to their home countries. And got a side note on that. One Columbia talked to Big Talk, but they had to back off and get to that. In a second, illegal border crossings dropped thirty five percent in the first three days of the Trump administration, compared to the last three days of the Biden administration.
Speaker 1: Ah, how about that, it's the words getting out.
Speaker 2: Officials in Pema County, Arizona announced that they were shutting down two migrant shelters because no illegal immigrants had been caught and released into the community since Trump took office. Huh, elections, I guess have consequences. Trump's borders are tom home and over the weekend. Specifically, Yesterday, said that the moves are designed to send a message that the Biden days of leniency for illegal border crossing are row or quote. If we don't show there's consequences, you're never going to fix the border problem. ICE has been posting the numbers on its x account. They said they made five hundred and thirty eight arrest Thursday, five hundred and ninety three on Friday, two hundred and eighty six on Saturday, and then nine hundred and fifty six yesterday. They also logged or lodged rather seventeen hundred and ninety seven deportation detainer quest with other law enforcement agencies, which basically tell the law enforcement agencies out there when one of the wanted illegal immigrants is getting ready to be released from custody domestically, deportation officers will be there to pick that person up when they leave prison. So I say, averaged nearly six hundred arrest a day for the four day period, ninety increase over the pace under the Biden administration. There you have it, it's working. And as for Columbia, Columbian President Gustavo Petro he, well, you said that backpedal a little bit. He refused to accept deportation flights from the United States after Trump was sent them there. There's a couple of military transport planes that were sent to Columbia. Well, Columbia said, no, you can't land here. Well, Trump threatened tariffs and other message against Columbia, which resulted in Gustavo Patros saying never mind, never mind. White House confirmed yesterday Columbia's president had caved in his words of the statement to all of President Trump's terms, including the unrestricted acceptance of all illegal aliens from Columbia returned from the United States, including on US military aircraft, without limitation or delay.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: The statement went on to say, based on this agreement, the fully a drafted IEEPA tariff and sanctions will be held in reserved and not signed. Unless Columbia fails to honor this agreement, the visa sanctions issued by the State Department and enhanced inspections from Custom and Border Protection will remain in effect until the first planeload of Columbian deportees is successfully returned. Today's events make it clear to the world that America is respected again. President Trump will continue to fiercely protect our nation's sovereignty and expects all other nations of the world to fully equip operate and accepting deportation of their citizens illegally present in the United States.
Speaker 1: Just put an exclamation point on that one.
Speaker 2: So over the weekend, we sent two flights of Columbian illegal aliens. Patro rejected the flights, saying that the US cannot treat Colombian migrants as criminals. In a statement from Patro, I deny the entry of American planes carrying Columbian migrants into our territory. The United States must establish a protocol for the dignified treatment of migrants before we receive them.
Speaker 1: Huh, dignified well.
Speaker 2: In response to that, Trump said he ordered a twenty five percent tariff on all goods coming into the United States from Columbia, and he said he'd raised it to fifty percent after one week. He also ordered a travel ban in visa revocations for all Colombian government officials, plus allies and supporters whoops. Writing on social media, Trump says Patroos denial of these flights has jeopardized the national security and public safety of the United States. So I've directed my administration to immediately take the following, urgent and decisive retaliatory measures, according to Senator Marco Rubio, following President Patro's refusal except two re patriation flights he had previously authorized, Ruby immediately ordered a suspension of visas at the US Embassy Bogatah Consular Section. State Department said Secretary of Rubio is now authorizing travel sanctions on individuals and their families who were responsible for interference of US repatriation flag and operations. Well steps like that to get Patro to change his mind and accept, unequal without reservation, all of Trump's demands, and in fact, he tried to do a counter sanctions. Yesterday afternoon, patrostered a similar threat to Trump, saying he ordered his foreign trade minister to raise tariffs on import from the US by twenty five percent. Later, he went on a rant. He said he raised the tariffs to fifty percent. I have informed that you imposed fifty percent tariff on the fruits of our human labor to enter the United States, and I do the same.
Speaker 1: Well until you don't, eh, you know, got it?
Speaker 2: You got to telegraph strength. Trump's not going to play around. I mean, I think this is an important thing to note. You work with us, you take your people back. They're here illegally, they're causing a problem with our national security. Uh, or you suffer the consequences. Who's in a better bargaining position, Columbia or the United States. Yes, we do have the world's biggest economy, So say what you want about tariffs, but in situations like this, apparently they work. Five sixteen fifty five KARO City talk Station. Feel free to coffee, got something you want to talk about and I'll be back after these brief words.
Speaker 1: He pardoned.
Speaker 2: Everybody knocking out, though other talk shows can knock at the door, but only sean Heat to Shay have five twenty here at fifty five kre CD talk station five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three talk or pound five fifty on at and t pounds. So are Trump's policies regarding uh immigration and cracking down and getting rid of primarily the criminal element, sending the criminal element back to their countries of origin are those cruel? So Saith prominent Democrats and liberal media voices. That's reporting from Fox News claiming the deportation campaign is an act of cruelty. Someone who has very little credibility, Reverend Al Sharpton. He's on over an MSNBC, so nobody heard him say this, called Trump's immigration orders a civil liberties nightmare, claiming the ICE raids were racist and give leeway for agents to abuse migrants. Here's what the reverend had to say. When you look at the fact that there's a serious element of profiling here, I pauster a moment profiling is doing law enforcement. As I suggested earlier, I have a pretty solid belief that ICE knows very well where a lot of these illegal immigrants are. You know, they were given the cell phones and a tracking number and a court date, and I think they were, you know, when they were taken to the sanctuary cities wherever they landed in some shelter, their names and information are noted. But in a final analysis, you're looking for specific people. You know, one particular guy, maybe it's a Haitian immigrant, someone who committed crime. You know, he happens to be staying at this particular shelter. ICE goes and does their law enforcement work and looks for that particular person.
Speaker 1: Profiling. Yes, he is.
Speaker 2: The specific colors of skin, a specific country of origin, has a name, we've got his DNA evidence or something like that. You're profiling. You're looking for those particular people. Of course, there's a serious element of profiling here. He said that we're looking for people of a certain black or brown color. When we're looking at the fact that this is a president that has told law enforcement to be tough on people who don't even put their heads down when you're throwing them into a police fan. He's opening the doors for police brutality. So I assume that would go with Ice as well.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: He can assume that all day long. But yeah, in some cases, you will be looking for a specific black or brown person. You might also be looking for a specific Asian person, someone from the Chinese Communist Party who we know is here to do us no good.
Speaker 1: Whatsoever.
Speaker 2: You don't look for white people or black people if you're looking for an Asian CNN political combinator commentator Maria Cardona. All of it is focused on cruelty, she said, on division, on separating families and inflicting as much pain as possible in communities across the country. Uh, national security, law enforcement. They're picking up criminals, people with convictions, and its inflicting as much pain as possible on communities across the country. I hate to have to say this, but an unchecked, unregulated influx of thousands of people into communities that basically double the community's population in size overnight, that inflicts a lot of pain on the communities themselves. The mere presence of illegal immigrants taking resources and well valuable resources, most notably classroom space and shelter dollars. I mean, all of this inflicts pain on the communities. She happened to just focus on the pain that the illegal immigrants are putting on these communities once he ann political commentator named Kate Bettingfield. I think Trump seems to be sometimes quite gleeful in pursuing policies that are hurting young children or hurting young families. What about those young children who were traffic sold basically into slavery, were sexually abused by gangs and traffic to perverts across this country. A lot of those still involved in that. What about the pain that's inflicted on them? I just have to ask out loud because you know that WES view this from one just one sided lens and fail to appreciate that you know, there's more than one argument to be made here. We have immigration laws, the president is enforcing them, and get a load of this for those who do not like birthright citizenship. The Center for Immigration Studies, described as a nonprofit research organization focusing on immigration, release the report Friday. They're preliminary findings showed that there were between two hundred and twenty five and two hundred and fifty thousand US berths to illegal immigrants and counter, you're twenty twenty three seven percent of total births in the US that year, two hundred and fifty thousand, they say, to put the figure in context, those figures are greater than the total number of births in all but two states taken individually. And they also said that appears more children board to illegal immigrant parents than to legal non citizens and they suggest that twenty twenty four numbers will likely to be even higher given the surge, of course of illegal immigrants into the country of the Biden Mitigranate administration. So there's some real hard numbers on that now. I don't think it's going to change the situation that we see the reality of birthright citizenship. You know, I got one court ruling already said that, you know, Trump's order banning birthright citizenship is not constitutional, and I do believe that it's going to stand, and that's going to be the viewpoint of any other courts that address that issue, like.
Speaker 3: It or not.
Speaker 2: Five twenty five. If five cares the detalk station, local stories coming up. If you prefer to call, I prefer to talk with you, So feel free to do that, but regardlessly back after these brief words. As President Trump takes office under the orders I sawn today.
Speaker 1: A flurry of executive orders are flying off his desk.
Speaker 4: We are establishing the External Revenue Service, says, ignating the cartels as foreign terrorists organizable.
Speaker 5: Then the Green New Deal, and drill, baby, drill, keep.
Speaker 6: It here for the very latest.
Speaker 5: All of this will change starting today.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRS the talk station.
Speaker 4: Not thinking about radio think again, because more people are listening to the radio on iHeart today than they did five.
Speaker 2: Twenty nine at fifty five KRC Detalk station Monday, like it or not. At least count talked to Christopher Smithman in the seven o'clock hour and Brian James in the eight o'clock hour. Talk with you if you care to call five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two three talk or pound five fifty on eight and T phones. How Department of Transportation says it haul over twenty seven truckloads of concrete from Hilltop Concrete right there in near pay Corse Stadium while it lasts over to the construction side of the Daniel Carter Beard Bridge. First four two hundred and fifty qbic yards of concrete. We'll take between seven and ten days to cure, they say. After that's done, the next is what they call a closure for according to hot Department of Transportation, that described as bridging the gap between the new deck and the existing deck of the bridge. They said the cold weather has been challenging. The concrete requires temperatures above forty degrees to cure so Crows crews have used a series of forced air heaters and insulated blankets and tarts to keep the concrete at a constant temperature. They say the project completion is still on track to end in March. This is creepy a former underscore City Harrison Police officer facing voyeurism charges involving a minor. Miami Tauche Police Department SAT officers arrested Eric Gregory, who's forty five, of Milford after investigating complaining of voyeurism at a home on Elm Street back in January twentieth. Claremont County Prosecutor's Office is charged Gregory with two felonies alleging he filmed teenagers in a bathroom. In addition to the voyeurism charge, is also charged with tampering with evidence. Harrison Police Department news release said they've been notified about ongoing investigation involving Gregory. Gregory placed on paid administrative leave Harrison Police that he resigned on Friday. Previously worked as a park ranger for Hamilton County Park District. Also a certified Ohio peace officer. Currently in the Claremont County jail with a quarter of a million dollar bond expected to be in court January thirtieth. If you're not doing anything, thank you, Joe.
Speaker 7: The biggest douche of the universe, in all the galaxies, there's no bigger douche than you. You've reached the top, the pinnacle of douche dom.
Speaker 1: Good going, Deu. Your dreams have come true.
Speaker 2: Well played? Oh yeah, definitely. You don't think police officers get a pass in that, Joe. They get it worse. Yeah, there may be that police are investigating a double shooting took place in deer Park yesterday afternoon. An adult mijuvenile currently at a nearby hospital and critical condition, according to Deer Park Police Chief Dave Batten. Investigator said the shooting may have taken place in a garage of the home i BD forty block at Glenway Avenue at ten till three in the afternoon, right before the start of the football game. Incidentally to be a domestic related and there's no threat to the general public. According to the Deer Park Police in a press release, shooting still under investigation. We have limited details at the moment, so I'm sure then give credit to Fox nineteen for reporting on that one. They'll updated when they get more details. Let's see Adams County of a person dead after shooting occurred early Sunday morning in Manchester. According to deputies with the Adams County Sheriff's Office, forty seven year old James Land shot and killed by forty three year old Jason Strain of Bowling Green, Kentucky Sheriff's Office road. In a press release, deputies say they received several reports of gunshots heard in the area the three twelve East Seventh Street that looks like quarter to four in the morning or a quarter to five in the morning. Officers got there, they found Land suffering from fatal injuries. Witnesses described as suspects vehicle leaving the area where the shots were fired. Deputy said Strain had fled the scene was believed to be heading toward Bowling Green. State High Patrol intel traffic cameras helped locate the strains vehicle at approximately ten to thirty in the morning. Bowling Green Police Department conducted the traffic stop, took Strain into custody, currently behind bars in the Warren County Jail facing local charges and charges out of Adams County, Okay.
Speaker 1: Home of Harvest Home Fair.
Speaker 2: The park at thirty nine to sixty one North Bend Road in chivi Itt honors original settlers of Chivy who once called the land home. With more than one hundred and sixty years of history, Harvestomfair one of the city's largest events. The city wants to revitalize the space that coincides with the city's push to upgrade its Harrison Avenue business district less than a mile from the park, with an effort to attract more people and young families to the west side. City of eighty six hundred people, Revent comes after Shiviya. It was selected as one of two to fifty communities in Ohio to help celebrate America's two hundred and fifty birth fiftieth Birthday on July fourth of next year. Cities, villages, and townships and counties have the opportunity to be highlighted on the nation's semi quin centennial anniversary That's a mouthful and showcase their culture as it relates to the American history. In addition to hold of public hearings, Chiviot City Council allocated twenty five thousand dollars for a contractor to devise a park renovation master plan. The city Park Board will also work with the community groups that determine how new amenities could benefit community events. Among the recommendations and improved baseball field eliminate the former field and implement a slightly larger one, still designed for children. New playground for five to twelve year olds. Re located exercise equipment, Longer fitness trail. Apparently the exercise stations are staggered along a fitness trail. The trail will be extended in a loop around the park. Additional length is to be determined, but could be about a half a mile to three quarters of a mile. Permanent amphitheater allowing year round performance arts events including the use of harvest home fare, grand promenade and pedestrian connections. The pedestrian entrance on the north Bend road side of the park lined with trees and lead to a new tree surrounded picnic grove. A future pool and spray ground expansion, expanding the spray ground, splash pad and pooled on the southern edge of the park. Those they say are a long term goal, so nothing immediate on that one. And finally, additional parking on the western end edge of the park off Davis Avenue. So big thing is coming to Harvest Home. Glad to hear about that. I hope they have the money and I hope, uh, well, the community approves of what they're planning. Five point thirty five right now, fifty five cars to detalk station.
Speaker 1: What are just ice cold week and two weeks we've been having.
Speaker 2: And of course, if you have USA's premium foam and the exterior walls of your home, you didn't struggle with your furnace running non stop twenty four to seven. Well, insulation can solve that problem. You have a much more comfortable home, and you will save money every month on your energy bill. And the product pays for itself. That's USA Insulation and only ninety nine dollars a month interest free. There's a substantial likelihood that you can save more than the cost of the insulation on a monthly basis every time. Well, when you get your energy bill, you'll notice the definite improvement. Energy savings are guaranteed. You could be under insulated, or you could have no insulation in the exterior wall, so call for a free inspection. If you have insufficient insulation. The phone goes with your old insulation. If there's nothing in the walls, let me tell you you will benefits substantially. Like I always say, the ultimate no brainer pays for itself. You get a twelve hundred dollars energy tax credit next year when you're doing your taxes for this year. So everything is right about us insulation and the only thing you regret is that you didn't do it sooner. Call for the free inspection and free quote three eight one three six two six. That's five one three three eight one foam online. You find them at USA insallation dot net.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station, your.
Speaker 2: Stupid five on him too or hear from you five one three seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eight two three talk or a pound five fifty on at and T phones. Little Miami Brewery next Wednesday, the fifth of February, is that we're going to be for our listener lunch.
Speaker 1: You can make it.
Speaker 2: Milford is the town. Little Miami Brewery is the venue. We've been there several times and they always treat us nice, foods, good and I know the fellowship will be outstanding.
Speaker 1: So if you're not doing anything.
Speaker 2: Next Wednesday, about eleven thirty noon ish, show up at Little Miami and enjoy the the Fellowship Stack. A stupid time got to heart for CONNECTICU where police are searching for the suspect who opened fire at a twelve year old who threw a snowball at a car. Perien is the biggest core around this morning universe.
Speaker 7: In all the galaxies, there's no big adduce than you.
Speaker 2: Officers responded to the port of the shooting seven to fifteen pm when they discovered the injured victim court to the hard for Police. Juvenile victim reportedly struck several times, suffered from non life threatening gunshot wounds, and taken to the Connecticut Children's Medical Center. Hartford Mayor Major Police Major Crimes and Crime Scene Division launched an investigation into the incident. Lieutenant Aaron Biosper told USA Today that the incident happened after the twelve year old threw a snowball. Court to the local news WFSB, Connecticut, the victim was playing with a friend who was eleven, when the vehicle circled around and started shooting. Police were reviewing video and other leads to aid and identifying the car and the occupants. As of Friday morning, anyway, no one had been arrested in connection with the case. Really well go to Houston. Houston Police Officers Union had had issued statement after multiple officers were caught what they described as stunt driving in the snow. One guy posted on social media, Haymon brown, y'all look at the HPD man. Look they're out there doing donuts. What not eating donuts? Doing donuts? Remember it's snowed in Houston for the first time in like forever. What everyone's taking having some fun in the snow, including the cops seen doing donuts near a church on Houston's south Side snow covered parking lot and why not of the local RG Global church. Second video taking across town in a galleria area best Buy, where another marked police car is seen doing donuts in the empty parking lot. Video also appears to show another officers standing watch, so people on social media filming this. Before he began filming, one guy said he saw the police unit swerving around a shopping cart drifting. Houston Police Officers Union, in the statement, said cops love donuts lol. Police union, however, never addressed the officer's conduct and it's riding. Cameras captured a closed section South Loop near the Golf Freeway. Officers seen driving the wrong way down the freeway, turning and then turning again a total of six times. Houston Police, on their own statement, said, the police Department is aware of two videos circulating on social media showing Mark patrol units driving in the snow and parking lots. We take this matter seriously and are currently reviewing the incidents. One additional fact. Once additional facts are gathered, appropriate steps we'll be taken to address the situation internally. None of the officers have been identified publicly at least yet. Wow, cops can have fun too, can't they?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Just lighting up Francis, Amen, brother, Amen? And how about getting rid of the pain this year?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You know what, if you've been struggling with knee pain, hip pain, joint pain, arthritic pain. It started out a little bitty pain and you put up with it, and then the off joint pain started impacting everything in your life, from walking to climbing stairs, getting in out of the car.
Speaker 1: All of it hurts.
Speaker 2: Right, if you know what I'm talking about, and you've already talked to your doctor about maybe going under the knife. Here's some good news QC Kinetics groundbreaking treatments for arthritis pain. Long term relief is possible at QC Kinetics where they use regenerative treatments ortho biologic cellular therapies including PRP treatments. They can revitalize your joints without going under the knife. Thousands of QC Kinetics patients will tell you, don't wait, make the call. It's a free consultation. That first consultation is free to find out if you're a good candidate for these natural biologic therapies. They prompt your body to heal and restore the damage joints, and it's in it's in the clinic procedure. There's no downtime with this, so joint pain does not get better with time, so before it's absolutely debilitating. See if you're a candidate, call QC Kinetics for the free consultation five p one three eight four seven zero zero one nine five one three eighty four seven zero zero one nine. Finally QC Kinetics five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC Yellow.
Speaker 2: Five fifty here fifty five kr C detalk station. Back to the stacko is stupid looking forward to seven to twenty with Christopher Smith and I hope you are as well. Anytime you cannot listen live, feel free to head on over to the podcast page fifty five KRC dot com, cut and paste and send it over to your friends if you think that's an interesting UH story that they should hear about.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: Springfield. We got a Springfield, Missouri. I think police there arrested a man accusing of robbing, shooting at, and holding four juveniles at gunpoint. Accord to the probable cause davem In. The group was four, was ding dong ditching in the Edgewood Street area and approached the home occupied by forty year old Melvin Rankin. I think we got another award to attack on to the other two you gave out this morning. Joe, one of the juveniles, rang the doorbell twice until they heard a gun shot from the garage. The group fled and drove away from the area before noticing they were being followed by Rankin. Group hit a dead end. Rankin stopped, pointed a gun at the four juveniles and told them to lay on the ground. One of the kids said they were just playing ding Dong ditch, but Rankin demanded the and ultimately took the keys of their vehicle and left. Monday, January twentieth, officers arrested him during a traffic stop and conducted a search of his residence, where they found a twelve or twenty gage shotgun in his home, along with two handguns and a controlled substance in his vehicle. Officers spoke with Rankin's significant other, who said that when they heard the knock at the door, they observed through a ring camera a man wearing a mask and what they thought was a gun in his hand. She looked at ring footage earlier later again saw that the man was in fact wearing gloves. Rankin currently charged with six felonies, including first degree robbery, two counts of an armed criminal action, unlawful use of a weapon, unlawful possession of a firearm. Probable Cause. Statement also notes that rank Can have been under permanent GPS monitoring because of a first degree statutory rape conviction and being registered as a sex offender. Also been convicted of possession of a controlled substance, breaking and entering and driving while revoked.
Speaker 7: You've reached the top the pinnacle of dousdom. Good going due, Your dreams have true.
Speaker 2: Keep your finger on that button, Joe, keep your finger on that button. Why it's a good question. A Sacramento judge released Pulitzer Prize winning cartoonist Darren Bell from custody last Thursday, head of the February fourth court date, while prosecutors were adding more chound poor allegations to his case. Forty nine year old Belt forty nine year old Bell facing a number of conditions for release. More charges are being filed than in an amended complaint by the Sacramento County prosecutors, who now alleged the acclaimed cartoonists collected thousands of explicit images of children. Was being held at the Sacramento County Maine Jail in Louisville one million dollar bill since he was arrested a week ago. Prosecutors presented three new allegations at the hearing on Thursday. The bail hearing before Sacramento Superior Court Judge SHAWNA.
Speaker 1: Franklin.
Speaker 2: The additional accounts two of unlawfully possessing child sex content, third similar possession on charge on the day of his arrest. They also argued that for a search of all of Bell's electronic devices and a bar Bell father of four, from any contact with miners. Deputy District attorney prosecuting the case, Michelle Carson, alleged thousands of images, including of infants and toddlers, stored on Bell's computer, as well as other images believe creative the artificial intelligence prosecutor Carlson told Franklin that the District Attorney's and office investigators still must pour over and estimated two hundred thousand images. Public defender argued for his release, saying as no criminal record would be monitored out of custody in court. Also argued that with the seizure of Bell's electronics, his wife and family have been cut off from access to bank records, accounts, and other financial records. Said the national and international attention that came from the award winning, nationally syndicated cartoonist arrests eliminates him as a flight risk. Detectives set a tip from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children that someone had uploaded eighteen files of child sex abuse material to the Internet led them to Bell's home. They located one hundred and thirty four videos of child sexual abuse material, located and linked to the same account owned and controlled by Darren Bell. Cartoonists and leftist too. By by all accounts, he's a real left wing nut job.
Speaker 1: So how many awards? How many?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Definitely? How many wards would we give out this morning? That four, three or four well deserved each of them. And yes, Joe, Happy Monday. Five fifty five fifty five KR City Talk Station. More to talk about the six o'clock hour, and phone calls are always quite welcome, so feel free to ring up fifty five KRC Morning Show'll be right back.
Speaker 8: Your voice reshing your country for reasonable American fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 2: You've been here at fifty five Krcity Talk Station. Brian Thomas wishing everyone a very happy Monday. Like it or not, it's Monday, but it's a good time to betune at the fifty five Casey Morning Show. Of course, I always appreciate hearing from you. If you'd like to call, feel free. You've got a whole hour here to talk before we get to Christopher Smithman coming up for the next hour at seven to twenty. Former Vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati joins the morning show every Monday at seven twenty to vent his spleeing, hence the Smith event. Monday Monday with Brian James. Today we'll talk about Trump's tax plan, home sales apparently staged given the mortgages are running around seven percent, Is the thirty two hour work week going to be a thing, And finally, looking at your phone at work is costing you money? Brian James those topics atgainadaight oh five. Buddy Lovey with the book Realm of Ice and Sky. He'll join the program at eight forty. Talk about that. It's about triumph tragedy in history's greatest Arctic rescue. He's a writer about Arctic exploration, so this is one of a series of books that he's written. Again, that'll take place at eight forty. I remember fifty five Kersey dot com. Get your I heart media and stream the iHeartMedia content, including all the podcasts on my podcast page. Fifty five care Sea dot com. I'll just do this real quick. It's kind of an extension of the stack of Stupid. Britain yesterday said it would be forcing retailers to implement stricter age verification checks to stop children from buying knives. This after a teenager admitted to killing three young girls at a Taylor Swift theme dance event. The stabber the killer Axel Ruda Cubana. The knife attack in July described by as one of the most herring moments in Britain's history. At least that's the conclusion of Prime Minister Keir Starmer. They say it's triggered a public inquiry into the failings that allowed it to happen. Hum what could possibly did the knife get up and go start stabbing people on its own? Maybe the failings had caused this alex rue de Cabana's knife to spiral out of control to the point where he thought it was being an appropriate thing to kill three young girls at a Taylor Swift dance event. They say the inquiries expected to focus on why state institutions failed to act on warnings about the killer before his attack, but also focusing on regulations around buying knives.
Speaker 1: Court of the Article.
Speaker 2: British law requires retailers to have an age verification system to prevent those under the age of eighteen from buying knives, but also elements of those systems are not clearly The Fine Interior Minister of Ed Cooper said in Parliament that it was a disgrace at this guy, who was seventeen at the time of the knife, had been able to buy a knife online. So the government said yesterday would now mandate that retailers check photo identification of both the point of sale and delivery, and that deliveries can only be accepted by a person who plays the order. According to Cooper, it's a total disgrace how easy it is for children to get dangerous weapons online. It's also too easy to put in false birth dates. Parcels are often being dropped off in a doorstop with no questions asked.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Question.
Speaker 2: If not a knife, how about a cricket bat? Do you think there are age restrictions on purchasing a cricket bat in England?
Speaker 3: Joe?
Speaker 2: Because I know you can do some serious damage with a piece of lumber like that. You can smash in a human skull with that. You could kill someone with it. Look it up. I guarantee you there have been instances where that's happened. Chasing their tails, trying to ban everything that is used in a violent attack. The problem is the violence and the obviously mental health of folks like this. Moving away now, I know Donald Trump's you know, obviously with the Doze Department and all the efforts to save money. Wall Street Journal had an interesting take on this, and it is really just stunning to me how many people rely on the social welfare safety that we have in this country. They say, no, the press is reporting that Republicans in Congress are getting nervous about spending reductions in social programs as too politically risky.
Speaker 1: Oh no, we can't cut.
Speaker 2: That is a journal points out Republicans to realize how much mister Biden expanded the welfare state, meaning they can save money for taxpayers by shrinking income transfers to restore incentives to work for the able body, while still protecting the social safety net for those who fall into hard times. National jobless rate is down to four point one percent, off the late COVID era six point three percent that would be at the start of the Biden president presidency, Yet the welfare roles have not shrunk. Some eighty four point six million individuals enrolled in Medicaid, about a quarter of the population, a quarter of the US population. About forty two point six million Americans receive food stamps. Mister Biden, the Democrats use pandemic air as an excuse to turn Medicaid into another entitlement from the middle class. Congress finally entered a pandemic expansions in the spring of twenty twenty three. Yet there are still about ten million more people on Medicaid than before covid anneral federal and state spending on the programs has grown by sixty percent. Get a load of this figure. Annual federal and state spending is up to nine hundred and sixty three billion dollars, which is more than we spend on national defense. If they observe that one of the reasons the Biden administration led Democrats states ease eligibility verifications and use federal Medicaid funds to pay for other social spending homeless housing, food, and many refrigerators. They also let states use accounting tricks to bring more Medicaid money out of Washington. They said, consider California, where thirty seven percent of residents are covered by Medicaid. California has extended Medicaid to undocumented immigrants and waived asset limits for beneficiaries. Governor Newsom's budget forecasts one hundred and ninety billion would be in Medicaid and other health spending this year, and one hundred and nineteen of which will be picked up by the Feds.
Speaker 1: In other words, you.
Speaker 2: Taxpayers here in the Tri State are funding their massive Medicaid expansion, and they note that that one hundred nineteen billion picked up by you greater than Florida's entire annual budget. Biden officials apparently also boosted food stamp allotments and waived work requirements for able bodied adults. Recent journal report the case of an unemployed worker who were worried that accepting a job with a smallish paycheck would end his eligibility for food stamps and medicaid. Question how many more are like him not working? Refusing to work because the government benefits will be cut off doesn't understand and appreciate the reward that work carries just in and of itself, work as its own reward. Republicans have floated stifferent work requirements for welfare programs and fixing the accounting gimmicks that states use to scam more federal Medicaid dollars. Good ideas by our calculation, simply returning to pre pandemic Medicaid spending levels adjusted for inflation could generate more than ready for this one point four trillion in savings over a decade.
Speaker 1: I call that real money and progresses.
Speaker 2: For their part, they claim Republicans want to take food and healthcare away from the poor and sick. But the reality is that Biden's welfare expansions have mostly benefited those who can support themselves, but for any number of reasons, choose not to. And that's the sad and pathetic part about this, isn't it. We're not talking about someone who's disabled cognitively or physically. We're talking about people who are capable of working, and you simply choose not to. It's too easy. Did the benefits when in total, when you tap into the state and federal benefits you can get I think I've read figures. It's like making forty thousand dollars a year in a job. Oh, but you go to go to work.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Republicans need not fall into the trap of talking about this like accountants. This is a moral issue of helping people who really need it, but not those who don't. They call it a philosophical dividing line between the two parties that Republicans should stress as they pairback Biden's welfare blowout. Yeah, keep emphasizing that these are capable folks. It would rather you go to work every day and have your tax dollars support them. Six fifteen fifty five krres to the detalk station bill. I promise you'll be first out of the gate. Got to take quick break here to mention something that's affordable, and that's medical imaging. No, it's not affordable at the hospital. It's like five thousand dollars for a CT scan. No, you don't have to pay that. You pay six or four hundred and fifty dollars for a CT scan at Affordable Imaging Services. If you need a contrast it's only six hundred. Compare that to five thousand and multiple bills from the hospital. So you probably get a separate light on them for the Board Certified Radiologists report that is included in the low price at Affordable Imaging Services MRIs four ninety five, six forty five. With a contrast echo cardiogram's only four hundred ninety five bucks. So you go to Affordable Imaging Services because you'll save heap loads of money. Now you're gonna expect low overhead, but they have the same equipment that hospitals use, run by professionals who've been doing this for decades. Your doctor will find the images fine, as well as the radiologist report. I know my cancer doctor did. I'm going back again in April from a next CT scan. I'd like to save money. And note we're in a new calendar year for insurance, so this is probably all coming out of your pocket. And if you don't have insurance, UH, you need affordable imaging services. To learn more, go online check it all out at affordable medimaging dot com. You have a choice, so call them up and schedule your image. Five one three seven five three eight thousand and five one three seven, five three eight thousand fifty five KRC when the wildfires truck fifty about KRCD talk station. I hope you're having a decent Monday, anyway, five eight hundred eight two three talk to a town five fifty on AT and T phones as promised. Bill hung over there over the break, and we're gonna take Bill's call right now. Bill, welcome to the morning show.
Speaker 9: Oh thank you there, Brian. Uh, I will make got a couple of points. I go real quick, but uh, and I remember when Rush Slynn Ball came on in eighty eight. I went to Kyle see them, seeing your dad with to see them. Uh, the announced it. I got to meet Rush and I got to meet your following. It changed my life.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, it did.
Speaker 9: Yes and number two. Man, I'm telling you Rush was right. He's had a byle thinking in nineteen ninety h. The feminization of football's gotta stop.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 9: Oh man, you got all these women are running around there.
Speaker 1: I mean, what are you talking about.
Speaker 9: The feminization of football. They got all these women, you know, doing all this man stuff their chank. Next are going to have all the drag queens and everybody out their little ballet dresses freaking running up and down the field. Oh they're gonna look real pretty bent over. But man, they got to stop this feminization of football.
Speaker 1: Will get give?
Speaker 6: I mean, don't.
Speaker 2: I don't even know on what level you're talking about feminization of football. I didn't see any female, you know, even if they identified as men football players in the games yesterday.
Speaker 9: They're all over the play fair man, and what they're giving out little water bottles and then they're all there talking strategy.
Speaker 2: Oh come on, oh okay, you're talking about the color commentators and the announcers from the field and the the other they're.
Speaker 9: Pretty, they're nicely. Like I said, they're a nice looking lady, but they're still like tollmboys in the praternal We gotta stop it. We gotta get the man back in there. This is a man sport.
Speaker 1: We gotta keep it a man sport.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Believe I'll leave you to that position, Bill, because I don't necessarily share it. I've been on this planet fifty nine years, and I know a lot of women who know a whole hell of a lot more about the game of football than I do. They're fans, they follow stats, they follow players, they follow trades, they listen. If you've got the skill set to provide commentary, then what's wrong with having a woman there. I remember when it was you know, oh, lighten up, Joe. I remember it was controversial. They have women reporters and the men locker room, and and I just reminded me of a story. I went back, going back a lot of years as my I think my freshman year, our first year or second year of law school, got an opportunity when the fifty five cars was carrying the Bengals games back then and the bigger sponsors would get an opportunity to go on the plane with the Bengals. And so my dad said, Brian, do you want to come with me? We're taking I think it was the Oscar Meyer guys. So two guys from Oscar Meyer, my dad and I got the little spots on the seat. Flew out with the Bengals, which was wild in and of itself. Got to spend the evening with Dave Lapham, for example, was doing Co's color commentator back then. We all went out to bars and partied up the night before. Got to go to the game in Denver. Got to be in the press box, which was awesome. Went down to the locker room, which was awesome after the game, and I was when I saw one of the reporters. It was a woman reporters standing there and there's I'm tad, these guys are butt naked all over the place. And I was talking to my dad about that. He sees Key got of strains that women are allowed to the men's locker room. It's all this nudity around. They said, yeah, they've been allowed to do that for several years. So I saw this one female reporter, she had a microphone in her hand. She was interviewing one of the players, and her eyes were well, she was fixated on one particular area of that football player's body, and it was really obvious. You know how like guys stare down at a woman's chest from time to time and they get caught doing it. Yeah, she was slightly distracted. Anyhow, I personally don't have a problem with whatever California ballot initiative. They're going to leave the country, Maybe they want to succeed from the United States, at least that's what the ballot initiative is pushing for. Measure makes it an them if it makes it on the November twenty eight ballot, withold ask voters should California leave the United States and become a free and independent country. Apparently, the guidelines require fifty per center registered voters to participate and fifty and a yes vote from fifty five percent of voters, which would indicate a vote of no confidence in the United States of America. Measure would further show that the will of the people of California's become a country. Okay, report states. According the initiative's language, it would not change California's current government or relationship with the United States. However, this is almost comical. It would create a commission to report on California's viability as an independent country. Initiative estimates one time election related costs. The forming of a Commission on National Sovereignty and Independence would cost ten million dollars. Estimate that operating the commission would take another two million in annual state costs. So you're not really voting for independence, You're voting for a research study. Now, if California does become its own country, can we build a wall separating them from us? Keep those batcrap crazy leftists from invading our country? Just the thought six twenty five. But you five garre Se detalk station, local stories coming up, prefer hearing from you unless you got a thing about women five three, seven, four, nine, fifty five hundred eight out of eighty two to three talk. Get in touch with Fast and Proroofing. Give you the phone umber in a minute. You call for a free roof inspection and a quote on any work that really needs to be done. I kind of emphasize that every time. Because Fast and pro are honest, honest professionals. They'll never lie to you, try to say something you don't need. That is a real problem in the roofing business, don't worry about that. With fast and proroofing been around since nineteen ninety nine doing wonderful, wonderful, I would argue superior roofing work and exterior projects around your home. That's why I encourage people to check out the work at fastenproroofing dot com. You get some illustrations of beautiful things that they have done for homeowners in the greater Cincinnati area. Fasten Faste and fastenproroofing dot com. They, of course enjoying a plus with the Better Business Bureau and the roofing professionals at fast and pro are truly superior. So call them with confidence. You'd be glad you did. Fastenproroofing dot com. Here's the number five one three, seven seven four ninety four ninety five seven seven four ninety four ninety five.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 3: Sure up your radio.
Speaker 8: Here's a Sean Hanneday Morning minute.
Speaker 2: Five kr CD talk station Local stories. But you can call five one three, seven four nine to fifty five hundred eight hundred eight two three talk Incident happened this morning. Hamlin Canny Sheriff's Office investigating a shooting reporting the Sycamore Township this morning about the twelve forty five am nine to one one call from a woman who set her sister, twenty one years old shot and CPR was underway. Deputies from Sycamore Township Fire Department respond to the twelve thousand block A sixth Street. Fire crews took the woman to be north on an ambulance. A quart of the dispatch condition not available. It's not clear what led to the situation, I say, or if authorities looking for a suspect, one can only presume that they are. Sycamore Township fire officiers preferred all questions of the Sheriff's office. Sheriff's office currently had no updates, at least as the time Fox nineteen reported this this morning two hours ago. We've got to Adams County one person dead after shooting occurred a Sunday morning in Manchester Court of Deputies with the Adams County Sheriff's Office, forty seven year old James Land shot and killed by forty three year old Jason Strain of Bowling Green. Deputy said they received several reports of gunshots. Gunshots heard in the area of three twelve East Seventh Street at quarter to five in the morning. Police officers got there. That's when they found Land suffering from fatal injuries. Witnesses saw the suspects vehicle leaving the area where the shots were fired. Strain had fled the scene and was believed to be heading toward Bowling Green o High State Highway Patrol intel traffic cameras help locate the strained vehicle, and approximately ten thirty in the morning, Bowling Green Police Department conducted a traffic stop took him into custody, currently behind bars in the Warren County Jail facing local charges and charges out of Adams County. Deer Park police investigating a double shooting took place there on Sunday afternoon. An adult the juvenile currently at a nearby hospital in critical condition, according to Deer Park Police Chief David Batten, speaking with Fox nineteen invest good to say the shooting may have taken place in the garage of the home that's in the forty one hundred block at Glenway Avenue at ten till three in the afternoon. Police wrote in a press release the incident is believed to be domestic related and there is no threat to the general public. Details limited the moting moment and shooting is still under investigation. And before I get to Derek's call, we go to we have our award winner for this morning. First one out of three we got former City of Harrison police officer facing voyeurism charges in vall having a minor Miami Township Police Department said they arrested Eric Gregory, forty five, Milford resident, after investigating complaint of voyeurism at a home on Elm Street January twentieth. Claremont County Poscutor's office has charged him with two felonies, alleging he filmed teenagers in a bathroom. In addition to voyeurism, he's also charged with tampering with evidence. Harrison Police Department news release said they have been notified about an ongoing investigation involving Gregory. He was placed on a paid administrative leave, and Harrison Police say he resigned on Friday. He previously worked as a park ranger for the Hewan County Park District, also a certified peace officer. Currently in the Claremont County jail with a quarter of a million dollar bond expected to appear in court this Thursday. Yep, that's what happens. It's disgusting, is what it is. Derek's guy, Derek, thanks for calling it. Happy Monday to you, mister Brian Thomas.
Speaker 6: Happy Monday to you, sir.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 6: Me with the eight Sons all Eagle Scouts.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, I remember.
Speaker 6: I have a new theme sound for Uncle Trump.
Speaker 1: Okay, remember remember the.
Speaker 6: Skin show back in the seventy eight with welcome Back Hodder?
Speaker 1: Of course, can you ask.
Speaker 6: Listen Joe Stricken to play that once for me? Sure?
Speaker 1: He's shaking his head, Derek. We have limitations in the song library. What we have and don't have.
Speaker 2: It goes through this interesting and complex legal process, so we need to have to have rights and approval and all that kind of thing. And I can guarantee you that welcome Back is not among the database songs, so apologies can't make good on that request, Derek. But welcome Back, I suppose is an appropriate theme song for the Trump administration.
Speaker 3: He said.
Speaker 2: You can download it off Spotify if you know it, if you know what that means, then you can listen to it, I suppose on your own time. Thanks for the call, Derek, appreciate it. No Dad putting an exclamation point on that one. I sure miss my dad, but it does put a smile on my face. When Joe plays that sound bite, someone.
Speaker 1: Else will put a smile on your face.
Speaker 2: Peter Shabrin a team in color, Sabrie Group of Kellor Williams Seven Hills, greatest team of real estate agents ever collected. And they know life can change quickly and sometimes you need to move quickly, or maybe you just want to skip the entire massive hassle of traditional sales process, the staging, the cleaning up, the showing, the you know taking real estate agents strong recommendations like you better paint that pepto bismo pink walls to a neutral color that's more appealing. That'll improve the amount of money you get, Like I don't want to do that. Well, the Sabrine Group gonna make a cash offer on your home within forty eight hours of seeing it and can close as quickly as fourteen days after that. And it can't happen that fast. They do this kind of thing all the time. So if you have a property you need to unload in a hurry, call the Sabri Groove today. Go online to learn more about the team, what they can do for you, and they provide true value as your real estate agent, buyer or seller's agent. Seven zero eight three thousand dot com seven zero eight three thousand dot com can't remember that, Just google Google or search engine, Sabri Group, Cha b RS Groove, you'll find it right away. Or call them of course, same as the website. The phone number five one three seven zero eight three thousand.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 10: In today's Marketers Report, Havy Monday, Brian Hey, I want to talk about uh Rfkane, his upcoming confirmation and kind of clear keep things up that the drive by media won't tell everybody. The guy is not against childhood vaccines. He's against her. He's four informed consent number one for two. The premise behind childhood vaccines is a good one. It's just all the garbage that they put in these things as additives to make them enhanced, like aluminum.
Speaker 3: The problem is.
Speaker 10: When that builds up, it becomes toxic, and when you're putting these into these little people that are forming at the speed of light, it really creates chaos.
Speaker 3: To the system. And there was actually a literature review.
Speaker 10: That came out about twelve to eighteen months ago from the Cochrane Institute, which you'll remember from COVID. They approved the HPV vaccine before it came out, and then they went back and tried to figure out why all these teams were having such issues with side effects and deaths, paralysis. Then they found it was the build up of the aluminum.
Speaker 6: And then it became a twenty.
Speaker 10: Three page synopsis on all childhood vaccines. And I think that's just the scourge that RFK is trying to get out of this with his Children's Defense Network. So it's more of an education process and take the poison them for these things.
Speaker 2: Well, and you know, I agree with everything you're saying in Dwayne. Is it necessary to have aluminum in these vaccines for them to work? Is it a component of vaccine? Based upon what you're saying, it isn't. So why is it in there? Like why is that FD and c red dye in everything when it's been an own carcinogen for a while.
Speaker 1: We don't need it in there. Take it out.
Speaker 2: I get that, But this is exactly and if if they gave us all that warning information, and they sat down with you ahead of time and said, listen, this vaccine while we recommend it, and it is part of you know, my job as a doctor to recommend a certain vaccine. It comes with risks, and identify all those risks and balance them with the harm you're trying to prevent by the vaccine and let the parents decide what they want to do. I mean, that's the way it should be. But I've never heard what you're saying before, Dwayne. I mean I may have read in one of rfk's you know, musings or papers or conversations, but you know, I don't know that the doctor talked about that when we gave our got our children vaccinated. I sure don't remember when I got vaccinated when I was a kid, So no, they don't.
Speaker 10: And that's one of the biggest problems. But if they would just get that out, then I think there would be more confidence in the vaccines and you could see much, much less side effects. One really quick story. None of the three of our children were vaccinated. They're into their twenties. Our youngest ended up at a military academy, had to get fifteen shots. Ye, he's an offensive line, eighteen years old, three hundred pounds, fifteen shots in two months before he reported for basic training, got sick as a dog. So what does he think that does to a little tiny baby.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there is something to be said about that. But you know, the more information we have, the better decisions we can make. And you know, why would the pharmaceutical companies keep the information from us?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 10: That's the question that's been revealed since COVID. It really is.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm all in favor of the disinfecting light of truth and exposing and allowing these research studies to come out and provide us with the information we need in order to make that informed consent.
Speaker 1: You talked about.
Speaker 2: Excellent observations, Dwayne appreciated, you know, And I don't see any downside risk of RFK getting that position. I mean, I disagree with him on a lot of policies and a lot of positions he's taken, but none. I don't really have a profound disagreement with anything. He's going to have some responsibility over and no problem holding pharmaceutical companies accountable. And you know where might we be if a guy like RFK Junior was in charge of the ship or of the store when the COVID nineteen vaccine got rolled out. Apparently we didn't get the information, so we didn't exercise an informed consent when we stood in line or were forced to stand in line and get that JAB six forty five fifty five Kosity talk Station. Thanks for the call twenty and recommendation. Chimneycare Fireplace and Stove, do what Cribbage Mike did this fireplace started smoking? Uh Well, Chimneycare Fireplace's stove took apart the gas fireplace and found that their grandchild hit stuff or a great grandchild. One of the two stuffed toys up inside the chimney flew and they charred and caught fire, kind of roasted, and that caused the problem. That's dangerous, but that's what an inspect will reveal, and that's the problem. That's a type of problem that Chimneycare Fireplace and Stove can resolve. Excellent customer service. I heard it straight from the horse's mouth. In this particular case, Cribbage Mike just raved about Shane who came out to their place until Cara matters, And so an inspection can find flaws like that, problems like that, you mean need your fireplace chimney swept wood burners. That's an annual thing. You should have that checked out safety. You know, squirrel could have built a nest up inside your chimney blocking off the flow of air. Carbon Monoxide is a real problem. It's a deadly killer. So get yourself a carbon monoxide detector and call the Chimneycare Fireplace and Stove to check it out. And they start with the video camera inspection. You may have water damage you don't know about. Your lining could be cracked from a prior chimney fire. That is an extremely dangerous situation. They reline, they tuckpoint, they cap and damper replace, They inspect. So think about your safety and enjoy the comfort knowing full well you got a clean bill of health from the Chimneycare Fireplace and Stove. So whether it's a free standing stove or a self feeding wood waste pellet stove, they service those and inspect all of them. Heck, they can even build you a brand new chimney and fireplace if you want a plus with a better business. Burea has been around, locally owned and operated since nineteen eighty eight. Call my friends the Chimneycare Fireplace and Stove at five one three, two four eight ninety six hundred. That's two four eight ninety six hundred. Check it out online chimneycareco dot Com.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: Fifty here I fifty five kre CD talk station, Happy Monday. Try to make it happy anyway, always put the smile on my face on Christopher Smithaman joins a program that's coming up at seven twenty smither vent Monday Monday with Brian James at eight or five and Buddy Levy with the book Realm of Ice and Sky. It's about Arctic exploration. He'll join the program and eat forty and meantime. Over to the phones. Brandon's joining the program right now. Brandon, thanks for calling this morning. Happy Monday to you.
Speaker 9: Happy Monday.
Speaker 3: Grians down.
Speaker 11: Want to follow up on the caller just head about the vaccine education. I have kids that are now having kids, and I don't think it's more of the education because there's a lot of resources out there to see what these vaccines are all about.
Speaker 4: And you know the cause of the second you would have on the children, what my children are running into. It's more of the requirements by the pediatricians, they won't see them unless they are being vaccinated. And also the schools, so if you want to send your kids to schools, they're required all of these vaccines on a schedule. And really it's disheartening for my children that you know, want to kind of you do the right thing by their children.
Speaker 1: Don't they have religious exemptions for vaccines in schools?
Speaker 4: They do as well, but those are it's it's not the easiest thing to do. My my oldest child and his wife is stay at home mom, and she'd go homeschool her kids, but my daughter doesn't quite have that capability, so she's kind of left up to it. And even some of the local uh, like I believe that even Calbary Christian maybe I think they require the vaccines. So yeah, I've got one hundred certainly on that somebody else could call in and follow up.
Speaker 2: But well, you know, okay, like I assume they do, and I would think you should be able to have, you know, like this sort of concept of informed consent rejection of a vaccine. If you say, listen, here, I have all the research papers or here the pharmaceutical company who manufacture the vaccine has identified these risks, and I do not wish to subject my child to the risks associated with getting the shot.
Speaker 1: Ergo, we're not going to get it. That should be enough to get you out of taking the vaccine.
Speaker 2: As someone said, well what about the health of the other children, Well, the other children get the vaccine, they're not going to get whatever disease it is. You're you're you're choosing not to get a vaccine for I mean, I take the pressure.
Speaker 4: More comes from the pediatricians. I mean they are you know, they're getting you know, incentives for you know, having these vaccines treated all these children. It's it's a tough fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I don't get why a physician would refuse to treat a non vaccinated child. Again, I'm assuming if the preediatrician thinks it's a great thing to have the vaccines, that the pediatrician him or herself would be vaccinated, and that the vast majority of the patients going in and out of the facility would be vaccinated, and if they weren't vaccinated, then that was the parent's decision to not vaccinate. Ergo, there's no risk to people who have been vaccinated, So you know, this circuitous sort of logic and reasoning thing you go through and you ultimately conclude, well, if you're worried about getting measles, get the damn measles vaccine. Some parent might not have there, might not be too concerned about their child getting measles. They don't get it. Maybe that child will get measles, but if you've been vaccinated, you won't. It's actually a vaccine that works, unlike the COVID vaccine, which didn't prevent you from well getting covid. I'm just honestly glad Brandon that you know I got the polio vaccine as well. I mean, that's when you see rooms full of people in iron lungs because they can no longer breathe on their own because of polio and the massive amount of death that polio caused. See, I'm happy we had a polio vaccine and basically eradicated it from the face of the earth. Now, if it was an mr NA polio vaccine, maybe there are arguments to be made that you shouldn't take it. But old school is what I got and I didn't get polio, and I'm thankful for it. But I do agree. I think that it's important everyone does their own research. And I'll admit that you know that's because the physician might not be identifying these risks associated with vaccines. But a little bit of research on your own sort of can reveal things that you might not be or you may may not be told about. At least that's what RFK is kind of pushing at this point. Get the information out there so people can have an informed discussion with their physician. And I can't address the problem of physicians not wanting to treat you for not being vaccinated. That just doesn't make any sense to me. Six fifty five If you five Krscity talk station more to talk about enough top of their news plus Christopher Smithman at seven twenty.
Speaker 1: I hope you can stick around. I'll be right back your voice.
Speaker 7: Thank you for taking my call.
Speaker 5: Your country I refreshing hear it every day.
Speaker 1: Fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 3: This report is sponsored by.
Speaker 2: Seven oh six at least almost seven oh six here fifty five Karski Talk station in Happy Monday coming up to seven twenty from the Vice Mayor of the City of SINCINNT, Christopher smith Van. Every Monday at this time or that time for the smither event Monday. Monday fast forward one hour. We're gonna hear from Brian James on Trump's tax plan. Home sales apparently stalled because of the mortgage interest rates seven percent are hovering around. There will there be a thirty two hour work week, and uh, looking at your phone at work, Well that's costing you money, says Brian James. We'll get the details on that again in an hour. And then Buddy Levy with a book, Realm of Ice and Sky. It's about Arctic exploration. He's a big fan of Arctic history. So we're gonna get a history lesson from Buddy at a forty You feel free to call. I get a little time for Christopher Joints the program five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three talk pound five fifty on at and T phone. Not going to go back over it. But big, big, big few days with ice gathering up illegal immigrants. They are up to a four day total of nearly twenty four hundred gang members, migrants tied to the trendator Agua gang were picked up. I think of fifty or so of those convicted murderers, drunken driver, habitual drunken drivers, drug dealers, migrants charged with sex crimes among the sweep It just seems pretty obvious to me that Ice knows exactly where these people are. So you might find that good news, or you might be on the liberal media side and calling these policies cruelty. I know where I sit on that one. Anyhow, New sheriff in town on that new sheriff in town also giving optimism to US manufacturers. This is a rather interesting thing based on the fact that optimism has grown among the US manufacturing industry. There's an SMP Global Flash US Purchasing Manager's Index. They issued report a few days ago. US manufacturing sector experienced growth in January for the first time in six months. Factory output in hiring rows bully by the largest monthly jump in optimism in more than four years. Improvement in America's factories supported by a rebound in new orders, increased production. New orders in the goods producing sector rose for the first time in seven months. Output reversed the declines recorded over the past five months. According to report, firms expectations of output in the coming year continue to run at a level not to surpassed since May of twenty twenty two, buoy by optimism about the new government's policies, encouraging firms to take on staff at the steepest rate in nearly two and a half years.
Speaker 3: WOOH.
Speaker 2: Manufacturing confidence in January posted the biggest monthly improvements In November of twenty twenty, SMP's Global Factory Sentiment Index to a twenty two month high. According to the report, looser regulations, lower taxes, heightened protectionism were all widely cited, alongside a broader sense of improving economic conditions in the year ahead under the new administration. That didn't take long, did it. There is a growing sense of optimism Donald Trump's from making good on the promises that he made on the campaign trail, including the Department of Education, New sheriff in Town regarding litigation against departments of Education and book bans. Back in June of twenty three, Joe Biden announced the appointment of a book ban Coordinator with the Office of Civil Office for Civil Rights. The ocr tasked with informing school districts that prohibit certain books that they could be violating federal laws, claiming they considered certain book exclusions to be a threat to civil rights, particularly for LGBT s Q plus RWXYZ students and other minority communities. Fast forward to now that Office for Civil Rights announced the dismissal of eleven complaints related to alleged book bands and schools and rescinded guidance that suggested removing certain books from school libraries could violate civil rights laws. The new department leadership and the new policy. New sheriff in town said the decisions about school library contact should be Here's an interesting novel philosophy made at the local level by parents and school bards not regulated by federal civil rights offices. A blanking men, according to the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, Craig Trainer, and a statement by dismissing these complaints eliminating the position authorities of a so called book band coordinator of the department is beginning the process of restoring the fundamental rights of parents to direct their children's education. Amen The current ocr leadership determine that the issue of book removed as a matter of primal community judgments rather than civil rights. The new attorneys say that the books are not being banned, and they're not Rather, the school districts, working together with parents and community stakeholders have established common sense processes to evaluate and remove age inappropriate materials. Now we're talking about the school library, not libraries generally speaking. If you want some of these untoward, unsavory, and sometimes salacious books, go to your regular local library and check them out, but don't expect it to be found in the K through well probably six library, where a lot of these books are placed. Complay alleged the districts violated Title nine in Title six when they removed eight books. This is one from Forsyth County School District. And get a load of the pressure they put down on this Forsyth school district. This is under the prior administration. Mind you, they removed eight books containing sexually explicit material from the school library. Despite initial calls for dismissal from ocr's Atlanta office, the leadership in Washington over ruled the regional office and extracted a resolution agreement, basically a settlement agreement. According to the Department of Education, the agreement required the district to post statements embracing diversity, equity, and inclusion, and encouraged students to make Title nine and Title six complaints well with a new Sheriff in Town that agreement. That settlement agreement is now terminated along with any associated obligations. So they get their foot in the door. They sue your school, threaten you with all kinds of fines and complaints under these titles, and extract concessions from you which force upon a school district to start teaching things that otherwise wouldn't have taught DEI and encouraging students to make more complaints. That's just fought out, nefarious, but thankfully again new sheriff in Town and unleash Alaska oil. This is another complete reversal from the Biden administration. Donald Trump's executive action package will expand fossil fuel development in Alaska January twentieth, Unleashing Alaska's Extraordinary resource potentials. The name of the order calling on federal agencies to expedite permitting and leasing of energy and natural resource projects, prioritize development of Alaska's LNG potential, expand oil and gas drilling in the nineteen point six million acre Arctic National Wildlife Restue Refuge and also potentially the twenty three million acre National Petroleum Reserve.
Speaker 1: I love the name of that one.
Speaker 2: We named it the National Petroleum Reserve, and yet the Biden administration well effectively banned drilling in the National Petroleum Reserve.
Speaker 1: Makes sense out of that, if you can.
Speaker 2: Trump's action recives all regulations, orders, guidance, documents, policies. Another similar Aid agency actions promalgated, issued or adopted between January twentieth twenty one and January twentieth twenty five, erasing seventy Biden era regulatory actions in Alaska alone. The rollbacks and prioritization aim to accelerate one particular project. It's the Alaska Gas Line Development Corporation's eight hundred and seven mile pipeline funneling three point three billion cubic feet of gas per day from Prudo Bay to Nikiski and the Kenai Peninsula. Huge project. Apparently, it was initially submitted to the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission back in twenty seventeen. It got authorization to proceed in May twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: What day is it today?
Speaker 2: Also reauthorized in the Biden administration. However, in spite of that reauthorization, here's where rubber meets the road.
Speaker 1: Folks.
Speaker 2: Proponents maintained that seventy Biden executive orders related to asking Alaskan energy development ended up blocking the approved project. So the Unleashed Alaska Order from Trump chucks those regulations and rules and elevates that project to a priority that will be accelerated under his National Energy Emergency Declaration. So elections have massive consequences, and this is just a stunning reversal of the obstructionism that Biden created with his executive orders. I guess global warming or climate change or something seven fifteen right now if you five curious to the talk station. Christopher Smith been up next. First, a word for the awesome dynamic duo of dentistry doctors Fred Pack and doctor Megan Freue. You're in the best possible hands when it comes to dental care if you're being treated by doctor Pack or Freu. And with doctor Pack, it's all about cosmetic dentistry. He just absolutely is amazing and one of the best in the world when it comes to cosmetic dentistry. He's one of only three accredited fellows with the American Academy and Cosmetic Dentistry in the state of Ohio. That's rarefied air right there. When you see the before and after pictures of the work that doctor Peck has done over the years. It's mind blowing, it's life changing, exceptional dentistry on your smile. So if you're someone who doesn't like to smile, you're in the best possible hands. And of course doctor Fru's working on accreditation with the American Academy and.
Speaker 1: She is the best.
Speaker 2: If you don't like dentists, I love going to the dentist. I strongly encourage you to be treated by doctor Frue for general dentistry. Everybody loves her to death. She's the sweetest person around. Not to discount doctor Fred Beck. He's been my dentist now for more than a decade, the most state of the art clinic around, and the staff there are just absolutely wonderful. You're in the best possible hands.
Speaker 1: As I told you.
Speaker 2: To learn more, check them out online at Peck Peck, Pecksmiles dot com, Pecksmiles dot com, and please tell Brian said how when you called to schedule the appointment. It's five one three six seventy six sixty six six two one seventy six sixty six.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five kr an iHeartRadio station in.
Speaker 3: The wild.
Speaker 2: Seven nineteen fifty five KERCD talk station. Happy Monday always made extra happy because it is that time a week when you hear the Smither event. Former vice mayor of the City of Sin Saint Christopher Smithman joined the program every Monday at this time to let it out. Christopher, Welcome back, my friend. I hope you had a wonderful weekend.
Speaker 6: I did, Brian, thanks so much for having me on. And what a political week since the last time we spoke. All of the executive orders that have happened, so I think the press Corps is having a tough time keeping up. Yeah, everything that is happening.
Speaker 2: I actually saw an article on that after four years of Biden only sticking his head out of this, out of his whole every I don't know, a couple of months and only answering a smattering of questions, you got Donald Trump basically twenty four to seven talking to reporters and signing executive orders and getting stuff done. I mean, the illegal immigrant crackdown just is already netting or bearing fruit, with twenty five hundred already arrested in his first week in office. I mean, you know, I guess demonstrable proof that it can be done.
Speaker 3: Let's start there.
Speaker 6: Sure, I mean, we're talking about people that have come in our country illegally, So anybody listening or fact checking Smithman, that's what we're dealing with. We're focused on people who are criminals.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 6: So we're talking about gang members, murderers, rapists, robbers, people that are creating havoc in our community. What democratic mayor wants to defend keeping a rapist in their community? Brian Thomas, it's the most it is the most absurd thing, meaning everybody that has been shipped off, the five hundred or one thousand people that have been flown back to their country where pope folk who were all criminals creating havoc in the neighborhoods that they were living in. I don't understand this sanctuary city. Don't keep the criminals here. It goes back to that common sense approach that you and I talk about, And I'm just missing why any elected official would oppose ice removing a rapist.
Speaker 2: It boggles the mind, Christopher, It absolutely boggles the mind, especially a child molester. You know, if somebody like you or I was convicted of child molestation, we'd have to register, we'd be a registered sex offender. We'd have to, you know, report and identify our address and it will be on databases in various states. And I really don't think that applies to illegal immigrant child molesters, at least I don't think it does.
Speaker 6: But he just made your neighborhood safer. He has your community safer in the last seven days. And here's the reality of it is you and I know that most likely one of these criminals is going to do something right. But those those people that were moved out were preventative, like flossing your teeth, getting your teeth creak, meaning those people no longer exist to prey on your daughters, are to pray on your homes, or to pray on your dad's or to prey on the elderly because they have been removed from your community. I just, you know, as I've been watching the TV, it has boggled my mind that democrats, these are democrats who are saying you can have sanctuary in my city, as if these are not criminals that Ice is removing. Like that's the part that I can't get my head wrapped around. What is it about moving a removing a rapist or a murder And that's on the back of lakeln Riley, meaning we know that they've done these kinds of things. Why would a Democrat mayor stand in the way or a Democratic governor of removing the worst of the worst from their neighborhoods.
Speaker 2: Brian Thomas, Well, it's a groundswell of even Democrat mayors agreeing to cooperate with Ice or at least not stand the way. And that the reason is, I imagine, because their own constituents want these murderers and rapists and thieves out of their own neighborhoods. I mean, I mean the populace Democrat, Republican, independent, communist, socialist. I don't care what political stripe you are, do you want to be living in around a bunch of hardened criminals and rapists. I think most people would put aside politics and say no, not in my neighborhood.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 6: Right, meaning I want my daughter safe as she's going home, coming home from schools. Oh yeah, And so what that is what is blowing most Americans away who are looking at this meaning they're trying to act as if President Trump is separating somebody, some father from their children. Look, the reality of it is is these are people that were let out of some institution in their country and they're here with a criminal record.
Speaker 3: Gang members.
Speaker 6: I don't know if you saw that there was some gang having a party somewhere in the country, like fifty or sixty of them, and Trump's team the I showed up and arrested them all. They were basically saying, we're going to have a party. All the gang members were together, said well, we're going to arrest everybody in the whole room, as they did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks for consulting. Thank you for consolidating one location. Made it easy for us to arrest all fifty of you guys. Yeah, I did read about that. But yeah, twenty five hundred in just one week, or twenty four hundred in just one week. How they got almost a thousand yesterday alone. No, I call that progress, Christopher, getting the bad elements off the streets.
Speaker 6: I do too, And I guarantee you the local police officers in those communities are safer today because of it. That's the bottom line. And the community is safer. No one wants to pull over somebody from a gang from another country and they open fire on our peace officers. So this is making everybody safer. And this notion that ice is out grabbing dreamers. Meaning if you listen to MSNBC or CNN, they'll make their audience believe that Ice is pursuing somebody who is a dreamer, who's going to work every day's been here thirty years. There's no problem they're paying taxes. That is not what is happening. They're going after the worst of the worst. Brian Thomas and I applaud Ice for the work that they're doing.
Speaker 2: The agree amen to that. Well Green Christopher back for another talk right after I mentioned Prestige Interiors. That's John Ryan. It's his company and he will be the one helping you improve the way well your family comes together. And they've been doing it for more than thirty years. And we're talking the kitchen. That's is absolutely where families come together for all life's events big and small. The heart of your home and kitchens require a level of customization that can only come with time and experience and really getting to know you the customer. And that's exactly what John Ryan does. It works with you from the very beginning, initial design of final installation. And he is a perfectionist at his craft. He's been doing kitchens for more than thirty years almost exclusively. He certainly did an amazing job on our kitchen, and I know he'll do the same for you. Fun guy to work with, to a really sweet guy. To learn more about the business, visit Prestige one two three dot com A plus with the Better Business Bueral member the National Kitchen Bath Association. He is Prestige one two three dot com. Give John my regards when you call to talk to him about your kitchen five one three two four seven zero two two nine five one three two four seven zero two two nine.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: Jennal and I says the weather will be as follows today sunny Sky's with the high thirty eight, got a few clouds over night down to twenty eight, sonny again tomorrow forty four uh, partly cloudie overnight thirty two, and partly cloudy Sky's on Wednesday with another high.
Speaker 1: Of forty four nineteen degrees. Right now, how about traffic chuck from the UCL Traffic Center.
Speaker 12: Expect Mari and you see help, more clinical trials, more treatment options for personal life care, more chances to get you back to being you visit you See Health dot com. Cruise continue to work with a wreck inbound seventy four before you got the seventy five.
Speaker 1: There're on both shouldiers. Traffic's moving down the middle, but slowly.
Speaker 12: It's over a twenty minute delay from North Bend chuck Ingramont fifty five KR.
Speaker 3: See the talk station.
Speaker 2: Seven thirty on a Monday, and a very happy one to you listener. Lunch this next Wednesday. I'd rather little Miami Brewery in Milford. Hope you can join me and the wonderful listeners that show, but listener to lunch. Great opportunity for some fellowship and get out of the house and do something different for a change. Well, return back to Christopher smithmen doing the Smither event. Christopher, go on your rant. Let's continue.
Speaker 6: Well, brother, I just want to take a pause here as we as we move into Black History Month to talk about something that President Trump is doing that is absolutely connected to Black History Month, which is the dread Scott versus Stanford case of eighteen fifty seven. This was a slave, dread Scott, who was traveling with a physician who from the South then was in Saint Louis and appealed, actually sued the United States saying, hey, I want my freedom. I'm living somewhere where I'm not free, but I'm traveling somewhere that I am free, and now I want to have all the rights of an American. And from that case, even though the Supreme Court ruled seven to two, which was a very activist court. And I want to remind anybody who's listening google the dread Scott versus Stanford case, and any teacher out there who's listening, they should research this and teach their student because it was the birth, i would say, of the Republican Party, where Republicans were saying, listen, I'm fighting for the freedom of slaves, where the Dixiecrats in the South were saying they wanted the slaves. And here you have Dred Scott case here that really, you know, in my opinion, I think historians would agree, ultimately ended up with Lincoln being elected President of the United States and maybe even the wick that was lit for the Civil War. So here was a man who stood on his principles saying, hey, I'm down here in the South, I'm traveling up here in the North. I want my same rights as an American. He sued. It took eleven or twelve years for it to get to the Supreme Court. The reason I raised this is because as President Trump now is pressing forward on this notion that if you come to this country illegally and have a child, that that child is automatically an American citizen. And some of the discussion when this alter reaches the Supreme Court, they will be leaning on the dread Scott case right where you had a slave who was saying, hey, I want my freedom. But these two things are not connected, meaning under the Fourteenth Amendment, he was saying, I'm I'm in I'm in the same country. I'm from here. I've lived here my whole life. It's not like I was broad here, I jumped over something illegally, and now just for having a child in the United States, that child has this American American citizenship. I'm just sharing with you. It's very interesting how this case added most likely will be argued at the Supreme Court that the dread Scott case will be a centerpiece of that argument. I am inspired by this slave dread Scott, who said I want my freedom as an American. What a great American. A man who was a slave who sued a country and ultimately he did not leave, He did not live to see the fruits of what he did. But he really a fire Brian Thomas, Now you're a lawyer. I'm not, but I had I had to highlight this as the president is pressing this issue, which is directly connected to the dread Scot case.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and my recollection, and don't hold me to it because but just my recollection, it's been a long time since I read the dread Scott case. The Supreme Court determined that he was property and that by merely being in a free state that that not that didn't negate that doctor's proper vested property interest over a human being. I mean, the whole concept is really is horrific in and of itself, but that because he was deemed property in the slave states, that it didn't negate it when he went in through a free state. At least, that's my recollection, a horrific outcome.
Speaker 6: You were you were, you are right? But he showed an activist court right who were who were Dixiecrats? I mean, the reality of it is is that so many African Americans do not realize that the Republican Party at the heart of it were the was the party that was birthed and so ported the freedom of slaves. It wasn't the Democrats, right, And so you know, we can talk about Lyndon Johnson and what he did and kind of the pivot after that, But the reality of this is what I want to say to you, is that as we go into Black History Month, let's tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. So when you walk up to a Republican who's African American, don't turn your nose up. This is a person who understands that their freedom came from the birth of the Republican Party. And so many Republicans don't even know their own history. They don't understand it and can't and cannot tell their own story. But as I pivot in conclusion, brother, the pardons that happened by President Biden are the greatest corruption I've seen from a president in my lifetime. To parton his family in the eleventh hour before the before of now President Trump was sworn in, shows you the bedded corruption at the highest levels of the federal government that are that within the President of the United States with Biden, Kim partning shift the January sixth Committee, all of it is total corruption. And when I saw Senator Shift on Meet the Press this weekend, justifying his pardon but damning President Trump for partnering the January sixth as if he cares about cops. I want to remind every police officer that's listening to me, Look, the people that are running their mouths and acting like they care about police officers are the same people that were wanting to defund them and reimagine them. So now we have people now say, oh my goodness, I'm so concerned and I'm so blown away that the January sixth people were pardoned and there were police officers that were hurt coming from Shift, coming from who these are the people that have been saying for the last five to six years they wanted to defend on every police station in the United States of America, and they also wanted to reimagine it. It's amazing what a week does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is true, and yeah, Trump's won aiding on a lot of the Biden policies. And they're quick to also forget that the leftists are the ones that are terrorizing neighborhoods and burning buildings and throwing frozen water bottles and fireworks of police and injuring police and I don't recall the FBI doing a nationwide manhunt for all those folks that were storming the streets during ANTIFA and BLM and George Floyd protests, etc. I don't know that those folks were ever brought to justice for the harm they did to police officers. So there's obviously a big double standard on display here, Christopher, No.
Speaker 6: It's it totally is. And I think this fact that the January sixth Committee, as a fact, literally shredded, deleted all information regarding the committee's work. Who does that? So the current administration coming in does and even have the information to figure out what they did. And on the backs of it, all of them were pardoned, and including fauci I, meaning we could go through the list of everybody that was pardoned. But nobody who's listening to this has heard anything like it. Where a president in the last thirty minutes of his presidency partners his whole family partners to January sixth partons Senator Shift and clearly this was him. This is President Biden protecting himself. He was worried about the money that his family had laundered and was concerned about himself, so he was trying. He's trying to blunt not just those who they might go after, but it ultimately leading to the big guy. Well, people might not know who the big guy is, but all they have to do is read the emails and understand who the big guy is and the partners were about protecting his own behind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, my listening audience knows exactly who the big guy is, and don't think this is over. Merely because they were pardoned doesn't mean we can't get the truth out. And I have every reasonab believe that's exactly what the Republicans are going to do. They're not going to give them a free pass, and that the pardons also remove any of those pardon people's right to assert the Fifth Amendment be free of punishment, so they're going to have to testify they can't stand behind the Fifth Amendment. So I think the truth ultimately will still come out, and I think we're entitled to know the truth about these shady deals, so at least history can be a judge and maybe also revealed that maybe state laws were violated and they could be prosecuted under state laws as opposed to federal laws, which is the only thing the pardons extend to.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, and I never was shocked. Again as we go into black history, buff people fact check me that President Biden at the time with Senator Biden did the eulogy, right, what eulogy that President Biden do a former KKK.
Speaker 2: Membergon guy, Yeah, And I'm sitting here going is it that so many people don't know their history?
Speaker 6: Are they not being taught it in our school? Whether it's Dred Scott versus Sanford, or whether it is things like Senator Biden doing the eulogy for Senator Byrd out of West Virginia who was a KKK member. Now they said, well, he reformed himself. But here's what I want to leave you with. If the current president had done a eulogy for a former KKK member, tell me what you think mainstream media would have been saying.
Speaker 2: About him twenty four to seven, NonStop racist, racist, racist, racist.
Speaker 6: And that's the double standard that I'll leave you with in my rant. And I tell your listening audience and those who might just be tuning in for the first time, if I said something that isn't true, fact check me when I hang up. The reality of it is that the Dixiecrats are the ones that gave my grandmother, who was born in nineteen oh nine, born in Montgomery, Ablabama. The Dixiecrats are the ones that gave her hell. It was the KKK, the terrorist organization, the domestic terrorist organization that gave her hell. I'm shocked that Senator Biden, now former President Biden, gave the eulogy for Senator Byrd and you never hear mainstream media saying a peep about it. So if I'm saying something that isn't true. As we move into Black History Month, I want to talk about Black history, but I want to talk about all of it. So I want to talk about Dred Scott, which ultimately, in my opinion, gave the birth of the Republican Party, which fought for the freedom of slaves. It wasn't the Democrats, it was the Republicans. And I'll leave you with that thought.
Speaker 2: I appreciate your passion, Christopher Smithman, always do, and that's why I love heaving you on the city carsee morning Sure every Monday. I hope you have a wonderful week, Chris, for best to health you and your family, and thank you for saying it out loud, love hearing it.
Speaker 6: Thank you brother. People can follow me at vote Smitherman.
Speaker 2: At Vote Smithermoner, and I'm sure they will appreciate it. Man seven forty two here fifty five krsee the talk station joking up in the phone lines up. If you want to call maybe comment on Christopher's comments, feel free to do so. Five one three, seven four nine fifty five hundred eight hundred eighty two to three talk. If you have an imported car, at least from a traditional import manufacturer Asian or European, get in touch with Foreign Exchange. You get its service for less money than the dealer charges, in many cases a lot less. It's serious money savings going on at Foreign Exchange. Excuse me. I always recommend the Westchester location, which is the Tylersville Elegsit Office seventy five. That's where I go and going to continue to go with the imported cars that we have. My oil changes cars still under warranty has save more than a couple of one hundred dollars on that. And it's always mind blowing to me when I say that out loud. But that's the type of substantial savings you get from Foreign Exchange. Who's working on your car in ASC certified factory train mechanic that has access to your manufacturer's technical information, even do software updates and that kind of thing. From the exotic to the run of the mill. They service all imported automobiles and Tesla's. That's right, they've all been trained to service Teslas as well. So save your money. If you got a Tesla and it need service, let us see here. You can get information online Foreign xform in the letter X dot com. Again, I recommend the Westchester location where Austin is highly trained service techs will take the best possible care of you, treat you like family. So foreign X dot com form the letter X dot com to reach Westchester location. It's five one three six four four twenty six twenty six. Five one three six four four twenty six twenty six.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: Run a business and not thinking about.
Speaker 2: Seven fifty fifty five kr CB talk station for about KRC dot com. Get Tryheartmedia while ever they can listen to the iHeart content as say, a lot of content right from smart device, get a copy or get an item from Patriots Landing. Just an awesome outfit helping out the American Veterans. I got a wood shop there and they helped the veterans commiserate and connect with each other and work through and sort out the various problems that they have, but making these wonderful wood products that support the organization of course, providing jobs for veterans and volunteer opportunities, and also an opportunity for you to get well, uplifting and feeling great about yourself. Get a tour and head on over to Patriots Landing and just recommend you listen to the podcast and learn more about it, or head over to Patriots Landing dot org and check out the products that those wonderful people make. Heaven's Gained Ministries on the program last Friday, helping women who at families generally speaking, who lose their babies during pregnancy. Really sorry, sorry, thing that have to happen, but they got a great mission statement providing physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of families experiencing pregnancy loss. And they help people get caskets for the tiny, tiny infants, and also this port services. Really just a beautiful thing that they have going on over there. Congressman Warren Davidson was on the show last Monday as well, and you can hear what he had to say. And also, of course Tech Friday with Dave Hatter. Got to check that segment out and always listen to the podcasts if you can't listen live valuable information that can really keep you out of problems with Dave Hatter. Another one bites the dust, another lawsuit filed by climate activists. Yeah, climate activists and Democrats have been trying to use the judicial system to stop oil companies and put them out of business. Yet another of these lawsuits has failed. A Maryland judge dismissed two lawsuits accusing the world's largest oil and gas company of causing climate change. Judge Stephen Platt of the ann Arundel County District Court throughout the cases brought by anne Arundel County and the City of Annapolis through it out last Thursday, evening counties and cities should not seek to use the courts to achieve climate policies such as carbon emissions reductions. The judge added that he was persuaded by other state courts that have similarly ruled that local jurisdictions can't regulate global emissions. Cases of Maryland part of a broader nationwide effort that goes back several years to bring oil companies in before state courts, accusing them of knowingly selling products that cause global warming and forcing them to pay billions of dollars in damaging and damages which would effectively put them out of business. That County and Rundel County, Annapolis initiated this lawsuit in early twenty twenty one, one of the first jurisdictions to actually have a case like this. Judge plat ruling set back for activists who saw these cases as a key part of their fight to take down oil companies and of course, stop global warming. Nine states, including Washington, DC, and Puerto Rico, also have these similar litigations been pursued. Hm us Theodore Baroda's junior lawyer for Chevron. The Court's decision joins the growing and nearly unanimous consensus among both federal and state courts across the country that these types of claims are precluded and preempted by federal law and must be dismissed under clear US Supreme Court President and Arnold County spokeswoman Rhinetia Alfonso, in a statement, says the case was advanced at no cost to county residents, sheer edling. The law firm get a load of this is funded by left winging billionaire backed nonprofits represented both Annarndo and Annapolis. The firm, which has represented the majority of jurisdictions that have pseud oil companies for climate damages in recent years, didn't respond for requests for common from the Washington Free Beacon. Shocking, No one think about this. A city is going to stop global warming suing the oil companies out of business? Yeah, day of these people realize that petroleum products are used in a multitude of things that we well need to live, thrive and survive. Plastic for example, how are you gonna make it without oil? And since the Chinese Communist Party is belching out along with other massive countries like India and Turkey, belching out massive quantities of carbon dioxide and other pollutants into the air, we also breathe in the same air. You know, the wind blows and the world's climate is interconnected. So the steps by you know, one county in one state against oil companies aren't going to change the carbon production dynamic. Plus, as I was like to point out, it's plant food. We're trying to remove plant food from the environment at a significant societal cost. Thank god the judges out in the world that will put an end to this kind of nonsense. Seven fifty five fifty five KRCD talk Station after the top of our news. Money Monday with Brian James on Trump's tax plans, stalled home sales, mortgages, a little too much, thirty two hour work week not and looking at your phone at work costing you money. Those are the topics whore with Brian James after the news. Hope you can stick around.
Speaker 5: Your voice, Thank you for taking my call.
Speaker 3: Your country gives us all somewhat to think about.
Speaker 1: Fifty five krcs the talk station. This report is sponsored by Rapid Radios.
Speaker 2: RAPOS gets me ready for the day at all day involved and check in throughout the day. Fifty five krs the talk station eighth five. You're a fifty five KRCD talk station. Happy Monday time to learn stuff and things about money. It is money Monday Time every Monday at eight o five can talk to Brian James all with financially. He's a financial planner and follows these matters very closely because his job depends upon a whatcome back, Brian James, Happy Monday.
Speaker 1: To you, Happy Monday, right back at you.
Speaker 13: And it is just a great time of year to get out there and enjoy that sunny, gray weather, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Oh jeez, yeah, I'm at least we're kind of get some sunnies guys today. It's you know, when it's been so cold, you look outside and the sun's barrendwn and you think, oh, it looks great out there, and you walk out and you're hit with this arctic blast. That's just it's so deceiving and depressed, right, I know, I know. Anyway, moving over to I see the across the board, all the futures are down, and some pretty significantly a couple points down s and P five hundred, Nasdaq's down three point seventy four futures trading And any hint or understanding as to why that might be the case currently, Brian James.
Speaker 1: Well, I think we're we're sort of getting to the.
Speaker 13: Getting past the honeymoon stage of we've elected a business friendly administration. We've had a little bump from that over the past several weeks, and now we're just getting to a point where realizing that that it's not going to be as easy as electing somebody and then just smooths sailing from there on out. We've got some other things we'll talk about here this morning that are going to be coming out just a little bit on the less than happy side as far as business goes.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I started out the show this morning, or at least at some point, talking about this S and P Global Flash Purchasing Managers Index, which reports that the optimism among business people is really really high and they're expecting factory output and hiring it. It actually has risen over the past six months, and really a dramatic increase going all the way back to May of twenty twenty two. So I kind of thought that might be parlayed into an increase in the stock market. But anyway, yeah, well, and I think when things like that happen, the headline and the article you're reading, the market reacted to that a week or two ago, I think, so it's just now getting written up by journalists, and so the market is now looking at the pendulum swings back and forth. So then market now is looking at I think things that might be not quite so rosy out there, fair enough and pivoting over to Donald Trump's tax plan. I saw the tax Foundation dot org article. Some of it's good and some of it not so good. Most notably they don't like the idea of these tariffs and suggests that we'll really negate any of the benefits of keeping the tax the current tax rates in place.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 13: So we've got an administration, of course, that wants to stamp its put its own stamp on things, and that, as we've seen before, that relates to the relationships we have with other countries and the trade agreements that we have in place, and unfortunately, we've been through it before, so we've seen what the impact can be. But I think the main concern right now is that there's nothing One of the big things that Trump ran on was the price of eggs and getting things down and making things easier for American families and businesses and so on and so forth. But right alongside that he was just as vociferous about raising tariffs on companies that we do business with to affect different things he wants from each of these relationships. And there's really nothing about a tariff at all that will help lower costs. You're simply increasing the cost of supply, and you're tacking money onto the front end of things, and that has to trickle down ultimately to the consumer. So yeah, that's what the market is now starting to see in terms of the impact coming down the stream.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I mean to the extent they don't capitulate to what Donald Trump wants. And I used the Colombians, yes, the other day, their president Gustavo Patris said no, you will not repatriate my fellow Colombians in these flights and denied access to the country with two of these military flights, only to turn around after Trump threatened him with sanctions. So twenty five percent sanctions he threatened. He said, they're going to go up to fifty percent if you don't hurry up and start allowing these folks. And he did change his tunes almost immediately yesterday. Yeah, and it was pretty quiet too. He didn't really say exactly what had changed his mind. It was just all of a sudden, the problem went away and there was really nothing standing in the way. So my best guess is that someone internally got to him and said, if we stick on this path, ultimately you're going to piss off all the voters because You've just literally raised the cost of them getting out of bed and trying to live their lives on a daily basis.
Speaker 1: So that's just Columbia. We have yet to get to the big ones.
Speaker 13: Yeah, but you know, I guess, I guess we can declare to declare that that went went the United States way.
Speaker 2: So far, so so far well, and I think that's an illustration of maybe they need us more than we need them.
Speaker 1: I don't know what in that particular case. Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 13: That's why I said that's Columbia. We'll see what happens with our other larger trading partner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no doubt. It's most notably China.
Speaker 3: Correct.
Speaker 13: Yeah, well, we've been down that path before, so and there's more going on with China than just a trade imbalance. It's the way they do business that we're really trying to adjust our relationship with them, and so we're playing our own games with them. That's playing out as we see in the headlines every single day with who's going to buy TikTok?
Speaker 1: And first of all, I am not an international business law expert.
Speaker 13: I still am fuzzy on the idea that the United States can force TikTok to sell. I believe it's still TikTok's option to simply not deal in the United States, except that's going to cost an enormous amount of money.
Speaker 1: Oh, it is absolute.
Speaker 2: They're prerogative, and you know, honestly, I think the way the law was written, in the way it was passed, Donald Trump doesn't even have the authority to extend the band because there is no active buyer in play. That was a contingency for the ninety day. He had a ninety day extension provision in that bill, So if there was someone sitting across the table from TikTok and negotiating at the time the band went into effect, then he could hold it off for up to ninety days. Well, there isn't, and there wasn't yet he still held it up. So I mean, if they went into court and challenged his order stopping the ban from kicking in, I think whoever challenged it would win because there's no active buyer.
Speaker 13: Right at some point it has to be it has to go down the way it's written in black and white on a piece of paper, and there is no basis for how. We can't see how this is going to come out yet, but it's not matching up with the way the law was written. So but that's just an example of what we're going to the kind of battles we're going to see over the next four years as this kind of global business order shorts itself out over time.
Speaker 2: What's your take on the exempting overtime pay from income taxes. I saw that in the rundown, and I'm just scratching my head, you know, because he wanted to exempt taxes or rather tips from taxation, and as well not exempt he's also exempt social Security benefits from income taxes. You know, honestly, Brian James, I'm one of these people. There shouldn't be any exemptions or anything. There shouldn't be any carve outs or provisions in the tax code that manipulate our behavior. I'm a flat tax guy. Just pay X percent and call it a day, and don't fill out these massive forms and have to deal with a fifteen gazillion page income tax code. That's part of the problem of doing business. I mean, the tax laws are almost impossible to navigate.
Speaker 13: Well, I'm getting a message here that the into it people would like to have a word with Brian Thomas about his opinions he's sharing on air because they really like their turbo tax product that keeps people plenty confused and stuck to the idea that things have to be more complicated.
Speaker 1: Now, now I agree with you.
Speaker 13: I mean, I'm a simplification person, and at this point things have gotten so far beyond the ability to kind of control and predict. I would be very willing to try an entirely new tax system just to see if that can simplify things for people and make it more fair. Now you asked my opinion of the idea of taxing this and not taxing that. Those different headlines that are that are coming down the phone. First off, we those have to get approved, right these are these are still political promises at this point, and I would say that my biggest frustration with this is while the benefits to people who are receiving those things are obvious, it doesn't do any.
Speaker 1: Good at all.
Speaker 13: If we don't offset with the spending side of things, and we're simply reducing the amount of income we've got to pay our bills. That's you know, that's not going to help in the long run. That's simply a campaign promise. So I really want to see an adult version of how this is all going to come out.
Speaker 2: Hey man, And look, someone wrote in big capital letters spending because the conclusion from the tax Foundation article was that they estimate their proposals would increase the ten year budget deficit by three trillion dollars. And lord knows, we don't need a bigger budget deficit. And three trillion dollars is a lot of money last time I checked. And anything we can do to stop that from happening should be done. And that's where spending comes in. We can really cut spending and curb that sizeable deficit.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 13: One of the other impacts we just got done talking about is, remember, tariffs are going to have an effect here too. Tariffs and taxation are all somewhat hand in hand when we're talking about making sure this country has the ability to stay afloat. From a financial perspective, Tariffs are going to hurt are going to hurt people at the bottom of of the line here. And if we're again, if we're simply running up more and more debt because we want to be able to have the headline that we're not taxing groups who are struggling, then we have absolutely got to find a way to not spend those taxes in the first place. I haven't heard a single peep yet about the things we are not going to do anymore to kind of save on those different items.
Speaker 2: Stop funding shrimp on treadmill research. That can be number one and no one could argue with that. We're going to continue with Brian James in a moment talk about home sales. Apparently stalled mortgage is too expensive, thirty two hour work week and looking at your phone at work apparently costing you money. You can save up to well some serious money going with Zimmer Heating and air Conditioning. Zimmer Heating and cool and been around locally owned, family owned and operated for more than seventy five years. This is a proud, proud tradition at ZIM are taking great care of their customers HVAC needs. They service all makes and models and so if your furnace has a problem, they're the ones that give a call to You can also sign up for a maintenance program they got that extend the life of your HVAC store system with the experts at Zimmer Heating and Cooling, and they do it all including geothermal and heat pumps, gas furnaces. They are of course a factory authorized carrier dealer, but again they service all makes and models. But if you need a new unit, carrier is the way to go and Zimmer will take fantastic care you and it'll be done at a great price. Call him up, schedule appoymentuntil Chris Zimberbrian said, how when you do that? It's five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three, five to two one ninety eight ninety three. You can easily schedule appointment. To learn more about Zimmer, it's go Zimmer dot com. You can request after our service right there on the website, and of course schedule your appointment online.
Speaker 1: It's easy to do. Go Zimmer dot com.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRC dot com when the wildfires eight nineteen to fifty five krcdtalk station. It's Monday Money Monday. That's what we're doing right now with Brian James Allworth Financial. Uh moving over and you know everybody's looking around for the day when mortgage rates are going to drop so people can afford to own homes. And I guess we're looking at what roughly seven percent current mortgage rates.
Speaker 13: Yeah, so seven percent current mortgage rates, and that's been that way since about mid twenty three. So mortgage rates in this recent cycle, the average peaked around seven point eight percent in October of twenty twenty three, and we fluctuated around that ever since then. We've right now, we're kind of we've hit a plateau, right about seven percent or so, is what I'm hearing, and it's having impacts on, of course, people's decisions of whether to buy that bigger house or move to the next neighborhood. And you know, the things that we used to take for granted, we had low interest rates for so long that people would make decisions for their lives and their families without regard for what these uncontrollable numbers.
Speaker 1: What the impact was.
Speaker 13: Now I'm hearing about people making decisions to well, we have to stay put a few more years. We just we can't give up this three percent four percent interest rate on our mortgage. So I'm not going to take this job opportunity, or We're going to stay in the smaller house. You know, I've been doing this for thirty years, and I have not had conversations like this because we've been so spoiled for so many decades.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I imagine so, And you know, I'm sorry I lived through super high mortgage rates. You know, my wife and I bought our first home. I've pointed out before, we got a seven to twenty three balloon and had to do We paid three points to get it down to eight and an eighth. So it seems to me that the interest rate is not the thing that's the big problem, more so than the cost of homes went through the blanking roof. There's not an available supply of decent homes in an affordable realm, and COVID of course caused that as well. People were buying up real estate left and right, and so in inventory is not sufficient to meet demand. So I think we need more affordable sized homes, and I think more people could still buy in spite of the fact the interest rates currently seven percent.
Speaker 13: Right, And I think but another factor here, comparing those two time frames too. When you bought your house, we had just come out of you're speaking in the early eighties there, I believe in the nineties, oh nineties, okay, all right, so well, similar points. We had just come out of a recession. But the eighties were fairly strong economically speaking. And we, like you said, we didn't have the high prices of houses that we do now, right, and so the math the metrics are just completely different in terms of how you're going to make that decision. But I think I think we've just come out of a period where again people were so spoiled. We I think kind of became a little convinced that three percent mortgages are normal, not the absolute bottom rate we've ever seen in history, And I think that's causing a bit of hesitation with people thinking we're going to get right back down there pretty quickly, But as long as inflation is hanging around, don't. I don't see that coming really anytime soon, simply for the fact that we have to keep an eye on inflation, and we've done everything we can to get rates back down from intrates themselves back down from the eight nine percent range speaking of the federal reserve rates back down to the close to three percent rate, But that still is leaving mortgages because there's still a component of demand that drives where mortgage.
Speaker 1: Rates sit as well.
Speaker 13: So we got little ways to go there, and I think maybe some people are hanging on a little bit too long to the idea that it has to get back down to three percent before I can make a decision to affect my family.
Speaker 2: Well, do you recommend or is there a suggestion people not pursue like an adjustable rate mortgage. I mean, if you think the interest rates have maxed out and are going to ultimately drop, I know that might be a dangling care for some people to consider, but it's like me, going with the seven twenty three, we figured the rates would be down by the time we had to refinance or lock it in after seven years, and of course that's in fact what happened. So what's your thoughts on adjustable rate mortgages?
Speaker 13: So, yeah, I mean I think they can be I think, by the way, what you're referring to is these are called arms, adjustable rate mortgages. There can be a five year ARM, you can have a ten year ARM. Seven year basically means that you lock in your rate now and it's going to be somewhere in the ballpark of a market rate, but it will adjust to whatever that market rate is after that period has ended. So if we are sitting at a period which we kind of are right now where we feel like rates will be lower in the future. Again, we're not talking six months from now, we're talking several years. Armed. Yeah, then you can benefit by putting a mortgage in place that will drop if rates have dropped at that time. And yeah, I'm a fan of that. It's a little bit of a different thought process. Want anybody to do an ARM. You know, three four years ago, we were sitting in the opposite situation where rates were extremely low and your adjustable rate was going to go up on you in five years yep, And we had people kind of in a bit of a panic making sure they got it paid off or refinanced before that ARM came due. This is a little bit of the opposite where it can be. There are tools out there if you're thinking differently than three four years ago, there are tools out there that can help you. And I think it's a good thing to do, as long as it works within your overall financial plan, which sometimes has more to do than just money.
Speaker 2: Indeed, we'll pause, right and I'm bring Brian back to talk briefly. I'm sure about the thirty two hour work week, and then also apparently looking at your phone may cost you opportunities at work. Don't do that one more with Brian James. This money Monday. I'll be right back after these brief words.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC the Talk Station.
Speaker 2: We'll have a sunny day to day, a high thirty eight overnight, some clouds and a drop to twenty eight sunny skies tomorrow with a higher forty four during the day, partly cloudy overnight down to thirty two and on why it's going to be partly fidy and one up to forty four twenty degrees. Right now, time for traffic.
Speaker 12: You see up Traffic Center, expect more at you see health more twenty court trials, more treatment options for personalized care, more chances to get you back to being new. Visit you see how dot Com southbound seventy five continues slow through Bachman's inbound seventy four, but the lay times have dropped under the ten minute mark. Now between north end and seventy five there's a wreck. He's found two seventy five and seventy five. Trapping slows a bit from seven to forty seven. Chuck ing Vermont fifty five k see the Talk station.
Speaker 2: Hey, twenty eight fifty have KRCD Talk station. Brian Thomas and Brian James, doing Money Monday. Buddy Levy with the book Realm of Ice and Skies up next he's into Arctic expiration history, and that's what that's about.
Speaker 1: Brian James.
Speaker 2: Real quick before we get away from the real estate topic. It's just I saw an article about real estate insurance has just really gone through the roof. We apparently had two consecutive years of double digit increases in premiums and it just sort of it just brings into focus. Just because you can afford the mortgage payment, you got to remember maintenance upkeep insurance, which is a variable that it's going to you know, maybe go through the roof.
Speaker 1: Energy bills.
Speaker 2: I mean, who knows how much the price of energy is going to be, but you got to pay the heating and air conditioning bill every month, keep your electricity on. I mean, it's just so much more than I think people perceive you as a financial planner. Is this the type of thing you walk through you're soon to be maybe a home purchasing clients through to analyze this and what it's all going to cost on a monthly basis or an annual basis.
Speaker 13: Yeah, absolutely, And I would say we also talk about that with our current home owning clients because we're in an environment we haven't seen before. So, you know, it's one thing to look at what is the cost of me living my life right now. But the whole point of a financial plan is to have a feel for what it's going to look like in the future. And one of those elements is the fact that homeowners insurance and things like that that are going to get more and more expensive.
Speaker 1: Property tax.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, that's.
Speaker 1: Another one, right, Hey, you got a one third increase in your property tax? Can you manage that? Oh, it's just.
Speaker 13: It's just a spiral as the value of things go up, right that the value of your house as a whole has gone up, But so has the value of the plywood and the two by fours and all the other stuff in there. So your insurance company is looking to ensure not what you paid for your home, they're ensuring the replacement cost.
Speaker 1: So something happens to your house, it gets wiped off the face of the earth.
Speaker 13: What would it cost to put that house back in place, which is going to be a heck of a lot more than what you actually paid for it. Therefore, that trickles all the way down into the premium. So that's something to pay attention to to make sure you have a handle on what those expenses might be in the future.
Speaker 2: Hey man, one of the reasons get a financial planner, all right. I saw Bernie Sanders proposed it, and I think it got laughed out of the room as a suggestion. But a couple of weeks ago, or a week or so ago, some progressive senators were pushing for the federal thirty two hour work week. I know there's lots of articles around about bringing them back into the office to work, and a lot of federal workers are really angry about that and maybe just going to quit their jobs because they don't want to show up to work But thirty two hours as opposed to a full forty hour work.
Speaker 13: Week, Yeah, and I think that the important detail there. It's a thirty two hour work week proposal, but the important thing is without loss of pay. So, in other words, we're going to reduce output by twenty percent, but we're not going to reduce the income that these folks make. Now, this is not super popular. I don't see it seeing the light of day anytime soon. Even Elizabeth Warren came out, who's usually relatively in line with Bernie Sanders. She came out and thinks it's a terrible idea. She said, it's she thought it was an insult to the work that her staff puts in. So I don't think there's going to be a whole lot of popular And it was never going to see the light of day anyway, But even among the progressive side, I don't think it's going to be all that popular. The last thing the progressive side can afford to do is to work less if they truly believe the different things are trying to push more.
Speaker 2: Which was just a general reaction, like, what nerve you have to even suggest this at this moment in time. Pivoting over to our final topic today with Brian James. From all words financial, looking at your phone too much at work could cost you opportunities. Saw this Washington Post article.
Speaker 13: Yeah, this used to be a thing we worried about with our kids, right, So now it has snuck into the adult world, of course, and I don't think it's gonna too much of a surprise. But about fifty eight percent of US adults say they now realize that they use their smartphones too much, up from thirty nine percent in twenty fifteen and some other surveys indicate that the people are acknowledging. About two thirds of people acknowledged that they use their phones multiple times during the work day, and I would have to point out, ironically, some of them probably answered this survey that had nothing to do with work, but it popped up while they were looking at it. Now, I know one thing that happens, but I do have important notifications that hit my phone as our staff communicates with each other to help our clients and so forth.
Speaker 1: What I have to be careful of is when that notification hits.
Speaker 13: I know it's an important one because the way I've set my phone up, but I have to make sure that I ignore all the stuff that might be there but is not important, because that's how we get sucked into the vortex of getting distracted and I'll deal with the issue at hand, and then oh, look, there's better check what's coming out of Washington right now.
Speaker 1: Got to know that right at this exact moment.
Speaker 13: So it can be very tempting to especially when we're in the news cycle that we're in now, where there's information coming fast and furious that does have an impact on us.
Speaker 1: But we can't do anything about.
Speaker 13: So my suggestion would be the use the built in tools. Whether you're an Android user or an iPhone user, Android offers something called digital well Being that will help you manage the as often as your phone distracts you, and will help you keep an eye on how much you're spend, how much time you're spending. iOS has screen time apps. All these things have built in tools to help you keep track of it. But it's discipline. It's like anything else, Brian Thomas. You have to pay attention. You have to be willing to make the sacrifice. It will help you in your career. The last thing you want to do is have your boss catch you snoozing on your phone or heaven forbid one of the other headlines in here, it's now happening during job interviews.
Speaker 1: Your interview is just about over.
Speaker 13: If you're hiring manager sees you check your phone for no good reason.
Speaker 1: At least someone would actually do that. See you know my family.
Speaker 2: You need permission basically from my wife if you plan on bringing your cell phone out at the dinner table, and you better damn will have a compelling reason to do it. It has to be extraordinarily important. Otherwise, you keep your phone in your pocket, you don't use it at the dinner table. And yeah, we go out to dinner and it's just it's room full of people that aren't talking with each other. They're staring at their cell phones. I think we all need to engage in a sense of self awareness. I like the idea of the app you said that detracts the amount of time you spend on it, because I think if people realize how much time they spend on their phones and sort of stepped out them out of side of themselves and looked at themselves staring at their phone all the time, they probably would cut down on the amount of screen time.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 13: I think that if we use these tools for the right purposes, you can get a better picture of how you look from an arm's length away. You know, no different than if I start tracking my calories with an app on my phone, I will definitely at least acknowledge that I.
Speaker 1: Need to be a better adult than I have to.
Speaker 2: Brian James, I appreciate our conversations every Monday Monday, Money Monday, Money Monday with Brian James. Thank you to you and the folks at all Worth for Nashville for loading you out every Monday. Good to hear from you, Brian. I hope you have a wonderful week. We'll talk next Monday.
Speaker 3: Hey, we got one.
Speaker 1: We'll talk to you in February.
Speaker 3: I take care.
Speaker 2: Buddy Levy of the book ram of Ice and Sky. He'll be on the program next. We'll learn all about the Arctic exploration.
Speaker 1: I'll be right back.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 2: In today's Marketers Report Kate Cronin eight thirty eight, Here fifty five KRCD talk station. Been a very happy Monday to you. I am pleased to welcome to the fifty five KRC Morning Show. Buddy Levey, author of more than ten books, including a Labyrinth of Ice, The Triumphant and Tragic Greeley Polar At Polar Expedition, and Empire of Ice and Stone, The Disastrous and Heroic Voyage of the Karl Luke. His book have been published in eight languages, won numerous awards. You may have also seen him on the History Channel. He was on History's Greatest Mysteries host by Lawrence Fishburn, and also The Unexplained with William Shatner hosting Today we've got a new book to talk about realm of ice and Sky, triumph, tragedy, and history's greatest Arctic rescue. Welcome to the fifty five Case Morning Show, Buddy Lovey. It's a pleasure to have you.
Speaker 3: On today, Sir Bryan, great to be with you.
Speaker 1: Answer me this.
Speaker 2: This has been puzzling me for a lot of years. And you may like, Okay, you got more you need, you got too much time on your hands. But I've seen a number of documentaries about polar travel North Pole, South Pole and the period in time when these these adventures were made, these daring trips into frozen wastelands. What in the hell prompted people to want to seek the poles and put their literally their lives in peril to do it. Did they have that bad home life or something.
Speaker 8: That's a great question. Well, it was multi pronged, really. I mean, part of it was initially discovery, trying to find out what was there, because early expeditions we still didn't know what was at the top and bottom of the world. Certainly these were added to fame, fortune and immortality, because if you were the ones who could discover make these discoveries, then there were lucrative book tours and lecture tours, and you would also often you know, become feted in your own country, and so there was also a nationalistic pride to it. I mean, many countries were buying for the polls, so there was a lot of different reasons. But I mean, I agree, man, these were such daunting expeditions that it's hard to imagine now putting yourself in.
Speaker 1: Such peril, it really is.
Speaker 2: That's what's always puzzled me. Is I said, these guys had to have hated their wives or something. I mean, this is just that craft crazy. Anyway, it was widely reported at least. I think you've solved the mystery on this. Who got there first? Doctor Frederick Cook claimed to have made it to the North Pole in nineteen o eight, and then a year later, as I understand, Robert Perry made the claim that he had seen the North Pole first. But what did you uncover in Realm of Ice and Sky, the book you've just released.
Speaker 8: Well, you know, there's been arguments about this ongoing since the early nineteen hundreds when Cook and Perry first made the claims, but subsequently their records were found to be either altered or fabricated. And so when Roll Dominson the Norwegian went over the Pole in an airship in nineteen twenty six with the Italian hum Berto Noble, he made what is now considered and at least I find this to be true, the first confirmed reaching of.
Speaker 3: The North Pole.
Speaker 8: And so you know, like I said, there was fame and immortality were involved, and egos were involved in so there were lots of there was fabrication, and so you know, it ended up being this kind of ongoing argument and counterclaims, and it was national and international news for years and years.
Speaker 2: Well, these were these folks that you talk about in the book, Roland Aminsen and Walter Wellman. They flew to the North Pole in a blimp right airship, that's correct.
Speaker 8: And Wellman, interestingly was an American from Ohio who was the first to try and it was really I liken it to the first astronauts. I mean, these guys were called aeronauts, and Wellman was trying this in craft that were untested. In fact, nineteen oh seven nineteen oh eight he went up there to Spalbard, this archipelago north of Norway, halfway between Norway and North Pole, and gets in one hundred and eighty five foot hydrogen filled dirigible or blimp we call them now, and with a you know, a pretty small motor on it and tries to fly a thousand miles to the North bowle and what could possibly go wrong?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 3: And so yeah, these guys were you know, Wellman was.
Speaker 8: Really really brave and he and only a couple of other guys were getting into these craft which had, like I say, never before even been tested. I mean there were they had been tested in h in France and tested in other places, but not in the Arctic. So it was really a pioneering and courageous effort that you just have to marvel at the courage of these men. And you know, some claimed at the time courage and suicidal tendency.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Really, it's the first thing that went through my mind.
Speaker 2: Untested Eric and and going into frozen wastelins, and I presume at times the wind had to kick up pretty dramatically. So if you just got a little tiny motor and you're floating around and basically what is a balloon? I mean, how do you keep yourself on course? Would be a question I would have before I went up on the thing.
Speaker 8: Right, So you're hoping for the winds to be in your favor, and there were, you know, lots of study about what the winds were doing in that part of the world at these times. But you're absolutely right. Wellman and his crew were buffeted around and blown in circles, and they had a number of devices that they had used Wellman device to try to keep them on course, including these long cables that had hooks on the ends and weights and there were you know, being they were a five hundred feet long, they could help keep them tethered to the ice. But again this was all rather rudimentary and context. You know, the Wright brothers in nineteen oh three had only recently been testing the airplane. So one of the things I found really intriguing about this story was that while Wellman was trying this, the airplane and the airship were both buying for supremacy of the skies, and so no one really quite knew whether the airship, dirigible blimp, whatever you want to call it, was going to defeat the airplane, and so it was a really open question, and that part is quite compelling.
Speaker 1: Well, in any of.
Speaker 2: These various airship of dirigible blimp trips. Did they land once they got to what would be known as the actual North Pole or do they just take photographs from above?
Speaker 8: Well, that's a really great question. Sometimes they landed unintentionally, which is called crashing. But when by the time all Amansen and Nobley into the Fray, it's about sixteen years after Wellman and they are able to definitively photograph above the North Pole and photograph, I mean, they fly all the way from Spalbard north of Norway to across the Polar Sea, across the North Pole to Teller, Alaska and make a kind of dramatic crash landing there though they all survive, and so, yeah, it's a good question. The plan had been in a number of these expeditions to try this a great question, to try to land, to try to lower people down, either from the hovering craft or kind of like landing on the Moon, or to land tether there and then get out and do some scientific study on the ice. But conditions up there were never really conducive to making intentional landings. And so you do have a lot of drama in this story about crash landings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it was I wanted to gravitate over to a specific illustration that what is described as the disaster of the Italia.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 8: Yeah, So, after Amunson and Nobel, this Italian airship designer make a somewhat successful flight in twenty six for National Pride, Nobila decides to do it with an almost exclusively Italian crew and he makes it to the North Pole. But on the way back it can incredibly like a kind of hurricane and wins, and so they end up crashing on the ice and a number of people perish. It's very dramatic. The dirigible, you know, the control car shears away from the bottom of this dirigible. Many men are left on the ice and the others float away above them and are gone into the mist. And and Noblay and these nine other men are left on a floating ice flow for about six weeks with no one knowing exactly where they are. And it's really it's one of the most dramatic rescues in archaic history.
Speaker 3: And it's just incredible.
Speaker 2: How in the hell were they found? I mean, I presume, maybe you can correct me if I'm wrong, that they had no way of communicating. They didn't have like two way radios with the mainland or whatever.
Speaker 1: Did they Ah, But.
Speaker 8: They did so one of the men had the good sense to So this is also at the time that Marconi's wireless radio has been developed, and so one of the men had the wherewithal to leap from the crashing dirigible with a short wave two way. And they are, after a great deal of travail and innovation, are able to get communication with first of.
Speaker 3: All, with some farmer in Russia. Of all things.
Speaker 8: Here's their s OS communications and contacts the Italian government, which sets in motion this incredible rescue operation that involves it's a multi national rescue operation that involves Sweden, Norway, Finland, the United States, It's Italy and and all and all these different countries are vying to be the ones to find Nobule and his men, including dramatically, rolled Alminson, the greatest polar explorer of all time, who has retired at this time, comes out of retirement, hops in an airplane to go sweep in and save his arch nemesis Nobule.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: And then he ends up.
Speaker 8: It's a great, really Hollywood ending. I mean, what ends up happening with Noble or with Aminsen.
Speaker 3: I will give that away.
Speaker 8: He flies off, you know, with a number of men in this prototype airplane, and it's just wild what happens?
Speaker 2: Well, read all about it, I guess today, Buddy Lovey, author of Realm of Ice and Sky, Triumph Tragedy, and History's Greatest Arctic Rescue before We Park Company. Really, Chris, it's been fascinating, buddy. How is it you got involved in Arctic exploration? What drew you to it as a topic?
Speaker 8: Oh, that's a great question. I ended up going to Greenland when I was doing a bunch of journalism in the early two thousands, and I met a Norwegian woman who gave me a book called The First Crossing of Greenland by this man named free Joff Nonsen, who was a kind of protege of Amunson's. And once I started reading, well, first of all, once I went to Greenland, I was so struck by the landscape, the people, the you know, the topography, and it was just a very dangerous and foreboding place.
Speaker 3: And then I thought, oh, man, I got.
Speaker 8: Into the started reading about these Arctic explorers and I was just hooked.
Speaker 3: I couldn't stop. So there's my third book about the subject.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. Well, and obviously a very successful author you are. I'm sure my listeners is going to go to get one to get a copy of ram of Ice in Sky, which we've made it easy for them to do.
Speaker 3: Buddy.
Speaker 2: It's on my blog page fifty five KRC dot com a link to click on to buy a copy of the book and enjoy it. These people were absolutely crazy, Buddy, that's all I can conclude. Absolutely crazy. But man, would a legacy left man, Buddy, real fun. It's fun talking to you. Thanks for spending the time my listeners of meaning for putting this all down on paper.
Speaker 3: Hey, my pleasure, Brian really appreciate.
Speaker 2: It, My pleasure. Indeed, have a great week. It's eight fifty one fifty five KRC. The talk stations stick around me right back after these pree four.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 3: Steve Vere with us