Speaker 1: Bill Cunningham, the great American. Of course, Leland Vitters is with News Nation every night Monday through Friday at nine pm Eastern Time, and he's in touch with what's happening in the world and the great correspondent now and news anchor himself, and once again Leland Vitter, Welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show. And I checked out your website, of course, which is a lot of good information on it about warnotes dot com. But more importantly, there seems to be I've sensed this many times in the past. The war drums, the toxins are sounding, and I hear the thump, thump, thump of some sort of war happening with China on many fronts. And I had one of the commentators on News Nation also throughout many of the publications talk about it's similar to what happened with al Qaeda in which they declared war on us. We didn't know about it until they hit the Oral Trade Center. Is there a sense that we're something horrible is going to happen in the future. I saw Larry Fink at Blackrock recently give a talk about he is frozen with panic about what might happen on many fronts. Do you have a sense that we're at war with China and we don't know it yet.
Speaker 2: Well, we were in the Cold War with Russia for decades, so I think that may be a better analogy. But certainly the Chinese view challenging America as their destiny, and America, by dint of its greatness and how we were formed, don't believe in challenging anyone.
Speaker 3: We by definition believe in.
Speaker 2: Fair you know, playing by the rules and fair play and better tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's not something that Chinese believe it.
Speaker 1: And of course Jao Ping doesn't have a midterm election coming up, doesn't care much about the polls, doesn't care much about descent. And when I look at this Chinese relationship, I look at southern border issues with fentanyl, and I look at one hundred thousand Americans dying, and we can talk about addiction, and they're certainly fueling that. I look at the purchase of thousands of acres of land around military bases, I look at hot air balloons. I kind of look at the fact they got ninety five percent of our pharmaceuticals are made there. And I look at the fact that the malware and our water systems and companies. Allegedly there's millions of pieces of malware all over the grid that's going to shut down. At one point, one commentator, I heard them say, we're not going to be able to have water, we won't have electricity, we won't be able to communicate. Skies may be filled with planes falling, And I'm looking at this going are you kidding me? This was never the case with the USSR, in which they had missile technology and that was it. They were never an economic power. In fact, the GDP of Russia is only about two point two trillion. Ours is about thirty trillion, not even close. China is about eighteen or nineteen trillion. And so why would they have done all these things in preparation for what unbeknownst to us?
Speaker 2: I think it is unbeknownst to us. We knew about it, we just didn't do anything about it. So appeasing China and getting brunk on cheap nikes has been a bipartisan issue. Being effeckless towards China is a bipartisan issue.
Speaker 3: By that, I mean both parties engaged in it.
Speaker 2: The Chinese are setting up to challenge US supremacy around the world. Now you ask exactly, you know, what is their end goals? They want to replace the United States as the world superpower. Obviously, the United States has been doing everything possible to allow that to happen over the past thirty or thirty five years. So if Donald Trump is actually sort of serious about confronting China and doing that, China is not going to go away easily.
Speaker 3: Therefore, it is going to require.
Speaker 2: A spine of steel by Donald Trump to be willing to endure some pretty significant hardships here at home and difficulties here at home. That is not something in the past that he has shown a willingness to endure.
Speaker 1: And in fact will the American people. You know, China, good or ill are all pulling in the same direction. And if you don't pull in the same direction, you're get a pullet in the head. And so that's a in China, if you're an average citizen and keep your head down, U don't protest, don't walk in the streets, don't post things that government may not like. You can live your life. And they're pulling in the same direction. America, hardly ever, except nine to eleven, maybe into World War Two, we pulled in the same direction. We have disparate forces going left, right and otherwise. And I guess that's one of our strengths but also one of our weaknesses. And I harken back to the comments you I think you played it, or maybe it was Croma a few days ago of Kevin O'Leary, mister Wonderful on CNBC, and he said that essentially we should have four hundred percent tariffs on China, he said, because they're thieves and liars and cheats and thugs. He said that Chinese will literally steal thousands of dollars from individual accounts, they will exploit child labor and slave labor, that they engage in mass extermination of the wigers and the obliteration of Christian and Catholic churches. And I look at that, and I'm thinking, what would be the impact if China said, Okay, we're going to deal with Malaysia and Indonesia and Australia and South Korea and Japan. I don't see that happening either, because despite the fact that we have different forms of government, that those so called nations countries in the Asian sphere will want to be more like America. Than China, and so I won't say you and I because we're in the news and we know what's going on. But the average American doesn't understand the precarious position in which we now find ourselves. When mister Wonderful and even Elon must say the same thing. They're cheaters, liars, they're communists. They'll do any they don't create anything, they steal. Is that an that definition on the inir view?
Speaker 2: Sure no, But it is the responsibility of the President of the United States to explain that to America and to explain why it matters.
Speaker 3: And to not sit around and bloviate about everybody cheage.
Speaker 2: Everybody's cheating this we've been ripped off by the Japanese.
Speaker 3: In the South Koreans dominions.
Speaker 2: If you want to bring America and if you point out after nine to eleven, George W. Bush did it, obviously after Pearl Harbor, Franklin Roosevelt did it.
Speaker 3: George H. W. Bush did it around the First Gulf War.
Speaker 2: If you want to Robald Reagan did it about confroning the Soviets. If you want to be clear eyed and have moral clarity about a common enemy that America faces and the sacrifices that are required to confront it. Americans will respond, that is not something Donald Trump has done, nor shown a willingness to do, nor.
Speaker 3: Shown the commitment to do so.
Speaker 2: If he would like to do this, which I think is a noble and necessary effort, then he's going to actually have to have some message discipline and be willing to endure the hardships longer than five days of this last tariff debacle and decide that he is going to be a wartime president That requires something different. You don't get to have as much fun as you do when you're the president the way he was twenty seventeen to twenty nineteen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you think?
Speaker 1: And every now I look at the market, the gyrations up down two thousand and seven points, up, down, up, and it's going to continue. I watch every thing that I can, and I fear, and I may have told you this before Leland Witdertev News Nation, that I fear something bad's gonna happen. I mean really bad. And if something really bad happens is gonna come from China, maybe Taiwan invading Taiwan. They have encircled that island that they don't need Taiwan for anything, but it's it's a nice diversion from the problems inside China, which are massive. And so if that happens, then the word order is completely thrown into because in a chaos, because China only imports its energy, imports its food, they have one point three billion people. They got to be fed, and the world's gonna cut them off completely. Now we're in a real crisis. And do you have a sense is that why you put together warnoes dot com? Do you have a sense something bad's gonna happen later this year?
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, Bill, we're only one day away from something bad happening in the world, and you normally worry.
Speaker 3: About the wrong thing.
Speaker 2: Okay, there's not a lot of people who had a pandemic on their twenty twenty Bingo card I started as you point as.
Speaker 3: You point out before, by China.
Speaker 2: The one thing that's happening that is terrifying and should terrify Americans and should be a real wake up call to the administration is, for the first time in my lifetime, at times at a time of economic uncertainty and upheaval, people are running away from US treasury bills right, right, Typically in times of economic upheaval, people run towards safety, towards the full faith and credit of the United States government. It's known around the world as the safe at dasset US treasury bills. And now in this time of economic unheaval, people are selling that should scare everybody, and it should. It should be a wake up call to the administration that they need to become serious and disciplined.
Speaker 3: In how they're dealing with.
Speaker 2: The reputation and the statements about what the US does and the sea sign and oscillation by the administration, and the undisciplined nature of Donald Trump's communication is not doing them many favors.
Speaker 1: In fact, several days ago, I think it was Tuesday, that's when he said the ten year treasury note is dipping and going down because more and more people, and then the yield's going up because more and more people are dumping it, including communists, Red China otherwise, but also American domestic users are dumping the ten year treasury note, which is the safest haven in the world. And now maybe it's not the safest haven in the world. It's not the wand it's not the Chinese currency. I look at the Russian ruble that's completely in the tank. And I look around the world and I just sense something bad's gonna happen. And I don't know. I hope somehow Shijao Ping says, you know what, let's let's trike a deal because we're gonna quit stealing intellectual properties. We're gonna have a functional court system where American companies that come here and have it is spook and get something resolved. We're gonna institute property rights for individual individual Chinese citizens. And I can't conceive of communism changing anything's possible. But then I don't. I don't think Donald Trump has lots of abilities, a lot lots of things, but communication to the other side, to the Democrats, is not one of his strengths. Uh And And so I don't see Senator Adam Schiff, and I don't see Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer saying, you know what, we're gonna work with the president. I can't conceive of that occurring. And I hope both of us are wrong and this thing works out.
Speaker 3: However, this is so, this is Adam Shipp's fault.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't understand Donald Trump ran to be president You don't get just to be president when things are great and you get to go.
Speaker 3: To the Super Bowl and play golf of Tiger Woods.
Speaker 2: Well, you have to be president when things are bad and you have to bring the country together.
Speaker 3: And he he has not done that.
Speaker 2: You said you hope that Cheesing Ping makes all these deals. The only way chi Jing King makes all these deals is through coercion by a strong president. Ronald Reagan it okay, and you know he did it by the way, with Tip O'Neil as the Democratic speaker. Okay, George W.
Speaker 3: Bush did it.
Speaker 2: Franklin Roosevelt did it. This is when leadership is required, This is when moral clarity is required.
Speaker 3: These are serious.
Speaker 2: Times, and I think for Trump supporters that this is the time to say that now Donald Trump must show that he can lead in difficult times. He can get a place on Mount Rushmore if if he pulls this off. But it's going to require having somebody other than Peter Navarro running around telling us all that the Earth's flat.
Speaker 1: I kind of look at it this way. Every president was given a honeymoon except this one from twenty seventeen. They had no honeymoon. Had the FBI, the CIA dismantling his presidency, and now he gets elected by a wide margin, and that I'll hear from the Democrats is a threat to democracy when Trump wins and we freely elected a president that the office party will not work with in any way, won't won't sit down with him, will not talk with him. Now you can blame Donald Trump, and I say the opposition party has a duty as Americans to say, okay, let's not reflectively oppose everything he does, everything, no matter what it is. When he said in the State and the addressed to the Congress, if I cured cancer, you Democrats wouldn't like it. And of course that's exactly the case. He can do anything in this Democratic party in the mainstream media is not going to give him any credit. And so I don't know, maybe a curse on both their houses. But we only have a minute remaining. I want to ask you this one. I have this story which is like saying the sky is blue. Chuck Todd of Meet the Press and NBC admits that the media would rather lie than help Donald Trump. And I look at this story, and he gave this report that we always would cover up the mental deficiencies of Joe Biden because we thought by covering it objectively and fairly and truthfully, it might help Donald Trump. Does that offend you?
Speaker 3: I live in Washington, Nothing really offends me.
Speaker 1: I thought this story of that, Okay, this is you know, the sky's blue. Okay, I get that. But I've been saying that for a long time. Many conservatives have that the mainstream media is in the tank, whether it was Obama or Hillary Clinton or Biden, and they're going with hooks and claws at Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: Fair and now conservative media has talk radio and Fox.
Speaker 3: News and the Daily Wire and.
Speaker 2: Elon Musk's X and all sorts of stuff. Again, I come a dish from a slightly different perspective, Bill, I judge.
Speaker 3: Everybody by the same bar. It's what makes news nation different.
Speaker 2: And if you want to be the president of the United States, you get judged on your results, not on whether or not the Democrats are out to get you, not whether the Democrats are working with you, not whether Republicans are sycophantic towards you.
Speaker 3: Just on results.
Speaker 2: It's it's a very simple dynamic. And you know you love sports, as do I.
Speaker 3: When you're when you're having to cry about the refs. You're usually losing. When you're winning, nobody cries about the refs a fact of.
Speaker 1: Life, except the refs in this case have one hundred dollars bills in their back pocket and they're for the other team. And that's what Chuck Todd said. One of the one of the gold plate NBC faces of NBC News said, uh, Chuck Todd, but hold.
Speaker 3: On, hold on, I'm built. This is what I think it's funny about conservatives.
Speaker 2: Everyone said Chuck Todd was a liar and in the tank and on and on and now and and hated him by the way, I think he was in the tank, and I agree with his assessment. But now that he says it, he's somehow been absolved of all those things.
Speaker 4: Oh no, no, No, he's saying it because he's saying it because he got fired at NBC and now he's trying to find a way in in trying to find a way to be relevant in the Trump administration time.
Speaker 3: Well, he's not saying.
Speaker 2: It because he sat it out of his self present innovation, not because he believes it or because he didn't thinks he did anything wrong. So again, I don't think, to my mind, most people in America are sitting around talking about Chuck Toad. They're sitting around talking about their four oh one case, whether their kids are going to have a better job, their job. The feeling is you point out of discontent and uncertainty in America and that's something bad is gonna happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that coming back.
Speaker 3: To the president.
Speaker 1: That doesn't come back to the media, also comes back to the Congress, to the Senate. You know, everything split up the leader of the country as Donald Trump, but the Democratic Party has never accepted it. They never will. When he wins, it's a fault of democracy. When he loses, democracy is working. That's that's my viewpoint. Well, anyway, once again, warnotes dot Com Leland Viddert to News Nation Monday through Friday at nine o'clock Eastern time, and once again, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. Thank you Leland's fun. Bill God bless you. Let's continue with more and yes, we hope to have an objective media. We know we don't have, but their power is dissipated to such a great extent because of the lies told by the mainstream media. Bill Cunningham News Radio seven hundred WW