Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Psychic Teachers. I'm your host, Deb.
Speaker 2: Bowen and I'm Samantha Fay, and.
Speaker 1: We're so excited that you are with us for our monthly question, answer and Comments episode. So take a deep breath, make a cup of tea, and listen to some of the wonderful questions and comments that we've gotten from folks. Samantha, I'm going to get us started.
Speaker 2: Sounds good.
Speaker 1: I've been a truth seeker all my life, questioning everything since I was a little boy. I learned the value of being grounded in nature and meditation. I recognized that I was different. I was very empathetic and felt things deeply. I have been a student of various religions throughout my life. I recently completed a six month course on gnosticism. Although your podcast resonates with me, I find life so complex. You two have courage for the path you're on. I'm still searching. I enjoyed the episode of Gnosticism, but it left me with more questions and the feeling of life being very complex. Your voices also gave light, and that's a good thing. Oh. I love this comment. Here's my take on this. You I, all of us who are on whatever paths we are on at any given moment in our lives are seekers and we always will be. I don't know that there is ever a definitive this is it answer, at least not for me. And so when you move along your spiritual path, note the changes, pay attention to them, honor them. You don't have to accept everything you're learning. There is nothing that is absolute in the process that I think we go through. I think of this adventure of learning about metaphysics as peeling an onion. There is always another layer. Remember in high school when you look at the cells of an onion under a microscope and you saw that there were cells within the cells. That's what this is like too. So be kind to yourself, be patient with yourself. I can't tell you enough how important I think it is to journal about your experiences and your learning process. One of the things if you take a class with me, that you hear me say every single time is try writing down what your journey has been up to this moment, and then keep records as to how that journey grows and you evolve and you learn as you read and study more and look at the world through a variety of lenses, and what an exciting adventure that he.
Speaker 3: Is, well said, and you know what, dev, I want to always be a seeker too. It's boring to have all the answers.
Speaker 1: Oh, I can't imagine even thinking that I might have all the answers. I'm even other questions exactly, and I think that's so much fun.
Speaker 2: I totally agree, beautifully said Okay.
Speaker 3: Our ex Wood says, Ever since last month's full moon, I've had sudden, intense thoughts about a guy I used to know when I was much younger but lost touch with. I haven't really thought much about him in a good fifteen years or so, but these thoughts were so sudden and intense, and I couldn't shake them for weeks. I felt an inner nudge to handwrite a letter, but of course my logical brain kept trying to brush off the thoughts and throw in every doubt imaginable. But since I kept getting a nudge, I asked my guides for a sign that I should write and mail the letter. I asked for a red songbird if it's a no, a yellow bird if it's a yes but not right now, and a green songbird if I'm good to go, and for good measure, I also asked to see a version of the car he used to drive in early nineties beat up blue Ford station wagon. The next day, I'm second guessing myself and kicking myself that I asked for a green songbird? What green songbird am I going to realistically see in the winter? So I was like, girl, calm down, maybe you'll see a.
Speaker 2: Picture or something. Just trust the process.
Speaker 3: Two days later, I'm driving to a store to run errands and got stuck in a ton of traffic. I was annoyed, but actually had a quiet moment to sit still. So I turned on the radio and the Beatles song and Your Bird Can Sing started playing. Then I hear the line and your bird is green. It stood out as if there was a spotlight on that one line. I got chills and had to laugh. I thanked my guides, adding the last thing I expected was a song lyric thank you, and I heard her response back, well, you asked for a songbird, what did you expect? As I finished my errands and came out of the store, I was shocked to see parked right next to me an old, beat up blue early nineties forward station wagon. So I wrote my letter with my best intentions and mailed it out. That same night, I had a dream visitation.
Speaker 2: With this old friend.
Speaker 3: It abruptly interrupted a nonsense dream I was having, and suddenly it was as if we were dropped into this space, just the two of us having coffee, and I couldn't see anything beyond us on the table, as if we were in a bubble. It was super vivid and sudden. The first thing I said was whoa, how did we get here? He just smiled, and then I said, oh, it must be because of the letter. He seemed confused and said what letter. I said, I just emailed you a letter today. He said, wow, you did all that, and we were just having coffee all this time. The only dream visitations I've ever had were from close relatives that passed I'm curious if you've ever heard of people having dream visitations with people who are living or maybe my old friend has passed on and I didn't realize it.
Speaker 2: I would love to hear your thoughts. I have heard of.
Speaker 3: People having dream visitations with living people. I've experienced that myself. I think it's fairly common and it tends to happen when one of the two people in the dream is going through something really troubling, sad, or stressful, and often their heart chakra reaches out to that invisible web that connects us all to anyone that has loved them or cared for them or thought about them, to kind of pull in that energy of extra light and positivity and good hope and prayers. And I think that's what you were being called to do. You had a bond of love that connected you at one time, and he's relying on that bond of love to help them get through a difficult time. I hope you get a positive response from that letter. From the signs to the dream experience of the nudge, that's a pretty amazing experience.
Speaker 1: And I have one more thing to say about that. I think of myself as being pretty well versed in Beatles music, and I don't know that song, so I'm going to go look it up. So thanks for that.
Speaker 3: What do you think about the dream visit? Have you had a dream visitation with a living person?
Speaker 1: I have, and periodically. Of course. My perspective is that in a dream like that, I'm seeing a part of myself. That person doesn't represent someone else, that represents a part of me because that's that YOUNGI in perspective of how our dreams work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's a very authentic dream interpretation. I think it has to depend on the emotion that goes along with it. For her, she was pulled out of another dream and then plopped into this vivid space. I think you have to look at the feelings that accompany those vivid dream experiences and ask is this symbolic? Should I look at what aspect of me is reflected in this friendship or the personality of this person, or do I feel like our souls were actually meeting and having a cup of coffee together?
Speaker 1: Exactly? Thank you for sharing that. That's great, Okay. Our next one says My family and I moved from the city about five months ago. Since living here on acres of land, I've been meditating out in nature regularly and feeling more in touch with my spiritual side. My four year old son has become very interested in crystals, so we've been learning about them together. When I first moved here, I was seeing a lot of positive signs that made me feel like we'd made the right choice with our move, but there have also been some eerie experiences. My four year old said at first that his room felt spooky at night and that he felt there were many eyes looking at him. My two year old woke several times crying at night night, had nightmares, and started saying things like his lamp was talking to him. I have since placed a Himalleian salt lamp in each of their rooms as night lights, placed an amethyst by their bedsides, which I say a small prayer over each night, and have smudged the whole house several times. They seemed to feel safe and generally fall asleep now. I've also had my own spooky experiences when up with my baby at night, I consistently felt a spooky energy in one corner. I also began to fall asleep while nursing her in the rocking chair and was awakened by whispers in both ears. This one felt almost like someone was kindly waking me, so I didn't drop the baby. When sleeping in my own bed, I was roused by what sounded like a shout in the house and sent my husband to investigate, but none of the kids were awake and there was nothing in the house. He had not heard the shout when sleeping with my baby in my bed. One night, I woke in sleep paralysis, sensing that there was a negative energy in the room, and while still dreaming, I struggled to sit up and told it to go away. The most startling experience I had was sleeping in my bed alone in the early morning. I was roused from sleep by something saying pss urgently in my left ear, as if it was right at my ear. I could feel it. I was again in sleep paralysis and was struggling to get up. I called a local psychic, something I've never done before. I felt a bit silly telling her my experience, as I was still skeptical. She validated my experience and told me she didn't feel the presence had been evil, but she thought I was awakened to my intuition and picking up on spirits. She told me I needed to set boundaries. Since then, I say a prayer every night before sleep, asking for God and my angels to protect me and my children from being scared and let asleep peacefully. I also found a hematite ring that I bought years ago and have been weighing it when I sleep. I haven't had another sleep paralysis episode since. Overall, I have been feeling more in touch with my spirituality since the experience, and have delved deeper listening to your podcast, meditating, speaking to my guides and angels, finding crystals, and really believing it all this much more. I feel open to awakening further. However, I still feel spooked at night and can't seem to shake it. Once it's dark and I'm getting ready for bed, I can't help but feel a bit scared and feel that I am being watched. I lay awake in bed with a racing heart, trying to soothe myself. Cognitively, I feel I need to let go of the fear because I sense that I'm actually feeding or even creating the energy. Perhaps I'm almost inviting it there because I am still thinking about it. I'm curious about your interpretation and any advice you might have for me to shake the spooky nighttime energy for good. I love it when people answer their own questions.
Speaker 2: It makes our job so much easier.
Speaker 1: It really does. Don't feed the energy. I am sure that having come from the city and out into the country that is energetically a big difference in your life, not only physically, but energetically. Nature will take care of you being in that natural world is a wonderful thing. Feed that energy instead. You've done some nice things that are very helpful, and I think anybody moving into a new space might want to do smudging and clearing and setting up boundaries and some crystals and so forth. All that's good things to do. But also it's important to invite in energy that is helpful to you. So some positive crystals, not just hematite, but some positive crystals like your Himalayan salt lamp and some amethysts is certainly good. And just believe that you are safe and protected and that you live in a bubble of light and changing your perspective will help a great deal, and I think then you'll feel a lot safer. You don't mention that your husband has any feelings of not being safe, and so you might you talk to him about this sort of stuff. You might see why he feels safe and how he might help you feel safer. And I think also as a parent of young children, the anxiety of that is also plays into to your concern about where you live. No matter where you live, so send out some trust and belief and believe that you will be fine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree, And I also agree with what the local intuitive told her, because it's true. Very often when you start to waken up to your intuitive abilities and you're really getting on that spiritual path, you will have experiences like this that do feel scary, But if you look at the examples, they're not terrifying. The few times she's been woken up, it's usually been to protect her or wake her up so she can be safe with her baby. So it might even be positive.
Speaker 2: Energies that are there.
Speaker 3: But there is something a lot of intuitive researchers think that this also enhances a woman's intuition. We always hear that pregnant women tend to be more psychic during that time. Well, they think it could be because the heart chakra is so wide open, and that's the bridge chakra that allows everything else to awaken and work. So it could go hand in hand with the move into nature and you know, really diving into your motherhood and having the new baby and all of that. But Deb's right, the more that you trust in yourself, trust in your own energy. You said, could I be creating this or feeding this? And Deb said yes, And I would agree with that too. So if you have that power to create this or feed this. Remember you have the power to create anything you want, and that includes a peaceful light sleep.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 3: All right, we're going to take our very first quick break of the show.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: Hi, everybody. Here are a couple of events that I've got coming up, and I so hope you'll join me. On Saturday, January thirty. First, I will be at Dancing Moon Books and Gifts in Raleigh, North Carolina. I'll be there for an afternoon workshop about my new book, Crafting the Wheel of the Year. If you can get to Raleigh, I would love to see you. You can get information about the event at Dancingmoon Raleigh dot com. And then on Saturday, February seventh, I hope you'll join me and my co author of Crafting the Wheel of the Year, Claire Gelder, for a zoom workshop that focuses on the Celtic holiday of Imboke. I'll discuss the cultural and spiritual aspects of the season, and Claire will teach you great crafts. You can register on my website, Debowen dot com. Thanks everybody, Welcome back.
Speaker 3: Our next one says I recently began connecting with spirit and my mom came through, but her physical body is still here alive Earth's side, which is confusing. She had stage four cancer when I was younger, went through brutal treatments, and has been in and out of remission my whole life. In the dream, she told me she left her body because it was no longer right for her, but that she'll see me again in future lives. She was apologetic and expressed so much love for my children that she's never met. Is something like this possible? Could another soul be in her body?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: I've tried researching souls leaving the body before physical death, but I haven't found anything that explains this. Oh, Dad, remember when this was such a big topic, like forty years ago.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: It's called the walk in and there have been a lot of books written on walkins. And I don't know where I stand on that. I have to be honest, I don't want to believe in the concept. I don't want to believe that you could have a mother, a father, a partner, a child, a best friend, whatever, and they go through something traumatic and their souls like peace, I'm out, and some random new soul comes in and you're still married to that person or being parented by that person. I don't want to believe in that, do you Nope, Mark, Oh yeah, I don't really want to either. But to this listener, if you do a quick Google search of Walkins or walk in Souls, you will find some of the old books that they might be out of print by now, but you can always try archive dot org orthriftbooks dot com. I would like to think that your mom and the soul of your mom is still in her field pysical body, but there might be a part of her, a piece of her that she's had to keep hidden away because I don't know. There's something about going through cancer. I call it the ghost that haunts you the rest of your life. It's just always in the back of your mind. And maybe there's just a part of your mom that she just has had to tuck away to be able to feel safe in the world. And maybe that's the part that you are encountering in your dream a.
Speaker 1: So our next one says, Ever, since discovering your podcast a few summers ago, I have become a devoted and grateful listener. I cannot wait for Mondays to arrive. Thank you. Like the two of you, I am an educator specifically, I teach high school choir. I would like to share a practice I have developed for our classroom since becoming a listener of your show. Perhaps other listeners will find it useful. I have set up a crystal grid on the high shelves above our room, five points with five crystal stones, each one chosen to help direct, soothe, and make the most of the abundant all over the place squarely teenage energy in our classroom every day. The grid consists of rose quarts for love and heart connection, tiger I for self confidence, blew appetite for motivation, creativity and self discipline, Amazonite for harmony and communication, and black thermaline to deflect negative energy, protection and reduce anxiety. I regularly remove the hard working grid to give all of its components a rest in the magical stands off the island of the coast of North Carolina. I then recharge them for a little while in the sunlights, so that on the same shore before putting them all in that cozy crystal family pouch, they are ready to work again. In addition to the crystal grid, I regularly cleanse the perimeter of our classroom with selenite. While playing ambient music of four hundred and thirty two to five hundred twenty eight hurts. After cleansing with the music still playing, I then sprints the perimeter of the room with moonwater to infuse our space with love, respect, harmony, and productivity. All I can say is it works. My students are all intelligent and talented, each in their own way. I truly believe the grid helps them to be the best versions of themselves. They are kind, supportive, and absolutely lovely to each other. I am profoundly fortunate and grateful. First of all, I have to tell you how much I love this. What a lovely thing for you to do. And you probably don't want to get caught because you may.
Speaker 3: Remember our listener from last month, the teacher who got in trouble in the Catholic Height school because one of the was it. The vice principal said it was demonic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know. Soon I would urge you to be careful. But conversely, I want to go off on that tangent Chris. I don't want to bring that into this. But this is absolutely lovely, and I will say this, your students are kind, supportive and lovely to each other, partly because you believe they are, and when they know that you believe that of them, they respond in kind. You are creating far beyond rocks, far beyond sprits and stuff, far beyond hurts and ambient music and all that stuff. All that's great. I love it, I do it. I think it's great. But it is your intention. It is your willingness to see the love and loveliness of your students that creates that beautiful energy in your classroom. It is you who is creating that. And don't not give yourself credit for that.
Speaker 3: Eight men and the crystals just helped to amplify that intention and love that you bring to the class every day.
Speaker 1: Exactly. It's an absolutely wonderful thing, right, move it on.
Speaker 3: Our Next one says, I was listening to your show and heard you say that a lot of your Christian friends were surprised that you believe in reincarnation. I wanted to share story. One of my earliest memories is of standing near the kitchen stove as my mother was cooking. I was around three to four years old, and I said, Mamma, when I die, you don't have to cry, because I'll still be me. I had never heard the word reincarnation and had certainly never heard it on TV. I am seventy four years old now, and this happened in nineteen fifty four. Later on, around nineteen seventy, I had one very vivid past life memory of living near a western town in a clapboard house where my days were filled with drudgery. It then segued to being in a town which was very dirty by today's standards and nothing like they were portrayed in the movies. At the time, I was standing on a box and speaking to a group of men and women about why women should be allowed to vote. I was then grabbed by some men and actually tarred and feathered and put on a horse. The memory ends there, but it's still vivid, and oddly enough, I didn't vote until I was over fifty. I hope this is my last life, loll, but I'll probably sign up again. I think we all have said that, right, We hope this is our last one, but probably not.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: A lot of my Christian friends do not believe in reincarnation.
Speaker 2: I always do.
Speaker 3: I've had experiences like this listener has shared, and gosh, if you just look at Brian Weiss's work and nothing else. I don't know how you can walk away from his books and not believe in reincarnation.
Speaker 1: Me either, our brand, Blankenship's work. I mean, you know, how can you not?
Speaker 3: How can you not and bringing up Brin Blankenship. If you just go to a past life regressionist and have that experience for yourself of seeing it and feeling it, that's a very profound experience that teaches us this isn't our only go around, but it is our only go around as this unique incarnation. And I think that's really important to stress. You know, we will never pass this way again, as Samantha Fay as Deb Bowen, we will be someone different but still our same essence and soul. But I think it's important to remember just how beautiful this one perfect life is that we're living.
Speaker 1: True absolutely, And I've said this on the air before. I had a past life regression experience where I was able to name the person I said I was, and dates of birth and death and where she lived. And she was a real person.
Speaker 2: She was a real person. You can't make that up. You researched it. She actually existed.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I mean she really did. I can't say that I was her but I can tell you that the woman I said I was was a real person. We think we off on a whole tangent Samantha about the concept of past lives at about time and how really in past lives are a we in parallel, parallel, on and on and on it and on it goes. When I read this piece about the listener and her speaking out for women's rights to vote, so thank you for if that was really what you did, and that was you, thank you for doing it. You know, here's to you.
Speaker 3: I totally agree. I was thinking about her poor mother in nineteen fifty four. Can you imagine if your little child was like Mom, if I die, don't worry about me. I would be terrified.
Speaker 1: I'm sure Mom in nineteen tventy four would have been absolutely.
Speaker 2: But what a wise thing to say.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. My next one says, I am going on my first ghost hunt in a haunted prison yikes, in the UK soon. I'm excited but apprehensive. I've not done anything like this before. I've had quite an emotionally draining year, so feel fairly vulnerable, but don't want to miss this chance with two family members as I am heavily interested in spirits, contact and consciousness. They give you an evy machine, a spirit board, and a pendulum to work with. Are these safe and good tools? I'm mainly nervous about using the spirit board. Do you have any advice for a good experience, Any tips for psychic and spiritual protection, crystals to wear or not, thoughts of questions to have a stay away from before and after care. Yeah, I do have some suggestions. When I was involved for some years with a paranormal investigation team, we had a lot of important guardrails and caveats and protections that we used and I and a lot of trust among us, and research that we had done extensively before we went into a location, yes, where rocks. My job on the team was to be the team's psychic. I didn't carry any equipment, but other thos certainly did, except I carried the following. I had a piece of termalated quartz in my left pocket, and I did that because the black turmaline helped to act as a shield and protect me and the courts amplified and allowed important information to come through. So I had a balance of that energy in my left pocket. In my right hand, I carried a compass because compasses will often spin on their own volition when there is psychic energy going on in a space. And then I had a notepad and a pen with me, and that's what I took. EVP machines can be very helpful. K two meters, for example, can measure electromagnetic impulses in a room. I don't know any psychics who use spirit boards anymore, depending on the light and working situation. I don't know about necessarily a pendulum. Not necessarily that's a bad thing. I just don't know about using it while you're working. Don't be in spaces alone. Walk with a team member to do your part with other folks. If you're not comfortable, get out, go leave. It's a team in my group. When we have reached points in research where we felt like this was not okay, we have shut the research down and gathered our tools and equipment and left. Certainly, put a bubble of light around you and your team at while you're before you start the investigation, and then when you got out of there, smug yourselves. Go home, take your clothes off, put them in the washing machine, get in the shower, and watch all that energy physically off of you as well. We always did that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's important because you don't want to bring any hitchhakers on.
Speaker 1: You really do not. It's fun to do this kind of work. It's interesting. I've seen a zillion TV shows where everybody's faces look green and people screamed and hollered. That's just terrible and it's rude. Ghost are people too. Be polite to people on the other side, if you feel like they're there, be kind. If you ask a question, give them time to answer. You don't fire questions at them so fast. Give them time to respond. You may not be able to hear it, but the machine may pick it up. So ghost of people too, be polite. Think of that you're going in someone's home.
Speaker 3: Looking for to a haunted prison. I can't think of anything more hellish than being a ghost in a prison.
Speaker 1: I would agree with that, But this was also where these folks lived for a very long time. It was still their home.
Speaker 2: True, No, that's true. It just I would hope that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would not go on this haunt with this Gale. I wouldn't go. Not that I wouldn't go with her, but I just wouldn't go. I just don't want to go to any haunted prisons. That's just me.
Speaker 2: Your hanted prisons scure me.
Speaker 3: And I just hope that someone in these groups that are to worrying can help maybe cross them over if they want to be.
Speaker 1: The one experience is Samantha and I had together because Samantha wouldn't go any more after that. That was Samantha's primary focus was to get that woman crossed over, and she did. She did.
Speaker 2: But I just hate that idea of someone being stuck.
Speaker 1: You know, it makes me sad, it does, It's very sad.
Speaker 3: I agree that tormalated Qurtz's great to any black tormaline, any blackstone is going to be really wonderful for protecting your energy.
Speaker 2: Pyrite is also a really good one.
Speaker 3: Because it works to steal in the energy that you've created. So before you go into a situation like this, you might want to visualize yourself cleared and completely surrounded and filled with the light of universal love, and then steal that image that intension with a pyrite that tends to be really really helpful. In the nineteenth century, they used to carry amethysts for protect against ghost isn't that interesting? I didn't know that Byron wrote about it in a poem after he had gone on a ghost thing.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, yeah, so it.
Speaker 3: Is called the All Healers, So Amathys might be good too.
Speaker 2: Maybe So all right, nixt.
Speaker 1: Good luck and be safe.
Speaker 2: Okay, I totally agree.
Speaker 3: All right, we're going to take our last quick break of the show and we'll be right back.
Speaker 2: Welcome back.
Speaker 3: Our next one says I was listening to your September Q and A show. On that episode, Deb had commented on your friend Gene not coming through to her. You responded with a response from Gene. Shortly after that, you responded to a listener question with an intuitive response. And all the years I've been following your podcast, I don't remember either of you responding with a message from spirit.
Speaker 2: I don't know why, but it was so meaningful to me.
Speaker 3: I remember in the past you have said you thought it was important for us to seek our own messages. I suppose it just seemed exciting to hear you using your gift.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I've often wondered what downloads were called before the word download came into our consciousness. To my knowledge, it's a relatively new term that came with computers.
Speaker 2: I could be wrong. Thank you. Both for being there for us.
Speaker 3: You are both such a special part of my life. Well, thank you for sharing this. You know you and I made a conscious effort not to be all psychic on the show.
Speaker 2: Do you remember that that was a long time ago. We were like, we need to stop.
Speaker 3: We stopped doing the call in live readings, and we just kind of stopped sharing our intuitive nudges and instincts because we thought, well.
Speaker 2: We're teachers.
Speaker 3: We're supposed to be teaching people how to do this, not just kind of I don't want to say.
Speaker 1: But exactly. We didn't want this to turn into a dog and pony show. And also what our intuitive abilities and hits maybe on a given situation is not nearly as important as your own about your own situation, And so we made, as Samantha says, a conscious effort not to do that, very very rarely. And I think you responding with a message from Gene was your way of trying to comfort me from the fact that you didn't talk to me. I do. And I think this is a great question that Scale's asked about downloads. I think maybe messages. I'm thinking back to things like I've read by Arthur Ford or Ruth Montgomery or inspiration.
Speaker 3: A lot of them would say I had some inspiration or an AHA moment. But I do love the word download because that's exactly how it feels when you get an intuitive hit. It's as though something has just been dropped into your head or downloaded into your computer brain.
Speaker 1: When I saw the psychic the medium in gladston Bury with the Spiritualist Church, her question to me was, will you let me see actually worded it? Will you take a communication from somebody? What's the way she works? Oh? I like that, Yeah, will you take a communication from? And it was from my mother, and of course the answer was yeahs.
Speaker 3: It is so important to ask that though, because we've gotten the nose. How many times have we done readings and people are like, yeah, I really don't want to.
Speaker 2: Hear from her?
Speaker 1: Oh? Absolutely, Oh yeah yeah again. Part of this is just politeness and respect for both the person for whom you're reading and the person who might like to be coming through. Although I can't speak so much to that because I'm not the medium, but certainly it is true that you have to have permission.
Speaker 3: Which people is not true. I've seen debdu mediumship. She chooses not to be a medium. Just had to say that.
Speaker 1: Well, it's you know, I leave that world to use land choice. It is okay, thank you all, moving on down, okay, all right. The next one says, when I was twenty seven, I went on a wilderness retreat from my business school program that was grounded in indigenous cultural practices and teachings. For five days, we camped in nature and participated in ceremonies meant to connect us with the land and the unseen world. One night, in the stillness of the dark, I awoke to an unmistakable presence. The air in my tent felt charged, alive, and my chest grew warm and tingly, as though I was sitting before a small fire. Then, in a dim glow, she appeared, a silver haired Indigenous woman crosslegged on the floor right beside my bed. Her form was solid, like a live person sitting right beside me. I was nervous, terrified, but I couldn't speak. I was afraid, so scared I didn't move. I had never encountered anything supernatural, and I was not a believer in woo woo. Over the next fifteen minutes or so, my terror slowly dissolved into the warmth of her presence. She radiated the same steady, comforting energy of a grandmother, inviting you to sit close and listen to her stories. Though she did not speak aloud, I felt her message clearly, Everything is okay, you are safe, follow this path. She stayed there quite a while, glowing in the dark. Then just as gently as she had come, she faded away in the morning. When I told my friends, they asked if I had been dreaming, But I knew the difference between a dream and something real, something sacred. What I experienced was no dream. It was an encounter with a guiding, reassuring spirit, an elder whose presence has never left me. After this encounter, I explored indigenous teachings and called utural practices, befriending many teachers who would host sweat lodgest ceremonies and solo time on the land. She was always with me, encouraging my path. Even now, twenty two years later, when I need grounding or courage, even in the corporate world, I call on her. That night opened me to a world of spirituality, of guidance, and of mystery. And I know without a doubt that I met a soul who was very real. She may have spooped me out of my skin initially, but she changed my life. Whoo, been there, done that? Understand it? Believe it. How wonderful that you have her with you.
Speaker 3: I mean, that is such a great example of what our spirit guys do for us and with us.
Speaker 1: As we have talked many times on the show, that my primary guide presents as a man from a southwestern US trie and he has been with me since I was a tiny child. When I was very small, and I would describe him to Mama, she thought I just had a really great imagination. I'm like, oh no, he's like way real at the foot of my bed. So I have no doubts at all about this person's story none. What I would invite you to do is to remember to say thank you every time she appears, to not necessarily ask anything of her to help you with or do, and keep in mind, and this is not just for this listener, but for so many people. We think of this land mass that we call the United States as being one country, and it is, and within it there are more than five hundred and fifty other sovereign nations, each with their own culture and beliefs. And languages and practices and rituals and spiritualities. And I love that. I love that there is so much to learn from so many different folks, and so many nuances of different belief systems. And so I just invite you folks to think about, if you're being called to connect with the indigenous peoples of this land mass, that you really do spend some time really doing some research and learning and asking to be guided. Thank you so much for this. I'm very happy for you and your connection to this guide.
Speaker 3: I love that our next one says I have heard two people, Gary Wayne and doctor Larry Allison, who are both Christians, say that we should not pray to angels, but only to God. So does that mean that when we ask for help from archangel Michael, is that considered praying? And if so, what do you feel about that? I'm feeling torn about it. I pray and talk to God every day, but I also ask for protection from my angels. I'd like to hear what you have to say about that.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 3: I mean, deb I'm gonna definitely ask for your input since you were raised more traditionally Christian, since I was in the raised right, and we're both that's both Christian but very different. Yes, because Catholics are taught we can pray to lots of people, we can pray to saints, we can pray to angels. God's like the CEO, you know, That's kind of how we were taught. There's like a hierarchy of structure. So when I started hearing my Christian friends saying, oh, you can't pray to angels, you can't have an intermediary, you can't even have an icon of a Mother Mary, all of that stuff, I was like, what are you talking about? Because in Catholicism we're taught there's a saint for that, you know, Deb, And I did a show called There's a Rock for that. Well, if I had a Catholic podcast, I could do a show called There's a Saint for that, because there is. Did you know, Deb, there is a saint who is in charge of bowel movements?
Speaker 2: No, I kid you not.
Speaker 3: And I want you to imagine being a saint, living a saintly life, performing miracles here, performing miracles after you die, and you finally get sainted and God the CEO gets down and says, thank you so much for your service. You are now the patron scene of number twos. That would not be a very happy moment, would it.
Speaker 1: Well, but wait, okay, wait, I'm laughing, and I'm laughing at the way you're delivering this. I'm not laughing at the angel. Conversely, I bet you there are millions, maybe even billions of people on this planet who should, could perhaps need to connect with that angel. I'm ecaying. You know it's not a bad thing. Don't laugh, it's true.
Speaker 2: No, I know, it's a real thing. I get it.
Speaker 3: But yeah, so there's a saint for everything, and so we are taught that there are many mediaries and many people that we can pray to. By the way, it's Saint Bonaventure in case anyone does want to pray to the scene of vowel movements. Okay, I think that even if you don't want to look at it, I don't even know if I look at it as praying to Archangel Michael, I look at it as soliciting his help.
Speaker 2: What terminology do you use for that?
Speaker 1: Well, you know, the one time I have talked to the Archangel Michael, I told him I as a friend of yours, remember, yes.
Speaker 3: And I didn't like you needed to submit reference letters.
Speaker 1: Well, I felt like I did, because you know he didn't know me from Adam Sauskat.
Speaker 2: That's not true.
Speaker 1: Well, you know it is true. But in any case, so I didn't pray to him. I just asked him for his help. In the Protestant world in which I grew up, you prayed to God, and you prayed to Jesus. You didn't pray to Mama Mary, nor to the Holy Spirit. But we pray to Jesus and God because they were the guys who could do stuff. And today's way of thinking in the way that I believe that notion of sending up prayers goes to wherever it needs to go to whatever energy is connected to the question. So it's not just to a God or to a goddess necessarily, although it can be and has been, so I say it is much more broad than that. But again I don't know about the angel thing. I don't pray to my spirit guide. I don't pray to him or them, because there's a team of them. I ask again for guidance and help and assistance, but it's not prayer in the same way I think that this listener means prayer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I mean like I talk to them, I solicit their help, but I don't really pray to them.
Speaker 2: I do pray to this.
Speaker 3: Idea, idea of God, Goddess. The Creator is really what I call it, our creator, and I ask for help. But I think it's important too, just to echo back to our last question. I always pray obviously for my family and my friends and you and Joel and the world, but I also pray for my guides, and I ask that the Creator looks over them and acknowledges the good work they're doing. And I think that's another way we can give back to our team of helpers their prayers too.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Look, anyone who's guiding me or you, deb can you imagine they need our prayers?
Speaker 2: You bet they do help them to help us. Amen? Can I get an amen?
Speaker 1: Okay? Our next one says, Hi, ladies, I'm a fairly new listener and just love your monthly email episodes. They help me feel like I'm catching up on all I've yet to learn. I am in the process of getting divorced. It's amicable and we will be co parents for a long time. So I spend a lot of emotional energy channeling empathy and compassion towards all involved. My question is about items gifted to me over twenty years of marriage. I have a jewelry collection now of gifts for my soon to be ex husband, which are beautiful and I love, but are all tied to moments in time with him. I'm not trying to forget the past. We have plenty of good times to be proud of, and I'd like to be able to wear these pieces again without feeling the emotional weight I feel with them now. Is there something I can do to change the energy around these pieces so I can feel comfortable wearing them again. I'd also like to pass them on to our children someday, so I really do want the energy around them to be about love and living from peace and not disillusion. Well that's lovely.
Speaker 2: I love this question.
Speaker 1: I think this is just wonderful. Guess what I would suggest to you give yourself some time, put them away in some kind of a lovely container for safe keeping, and I don't know how long I mean by a bit, until you feel like maybe the time has come to pull them back out and give yourself permission to have some nostalgia and some reconnecting with the pieces and just trust the timing and the process of that, but give yourself a break from them, put them away, and then pull them out later. And I recommend this not just with a situation of the divorces this listener is talking about. But I had to do that with some of my mother's jewelry when she died. I put all of that away for safe keeping and just couldn't look at it even. I mean, I had my mother's wedding rings and I couldn't even look at them without crying. And so after maybe I don't know, maybe six months of her year, I opened that container up and sat with each piece and thought about it and looked at it, and eventually pulled out a couple of things that I thought might be okay, that she might be all right with me wearing, and that I would feel comfortable having close to me. So be kind and patient with yourself, and indeed, certainly put this stuff away for your children. That's a great thing to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it really is, because I think in divorce, I think what is so important when you have children together is to remember that you divorced that person, you didn't divorce the family. And I think the children need to hear that and see that reflected. So to just eradicate every photo of that person, every memento from the home, is got to be shocking and jarring.
Speaker 2: To the kids.
Speaker 3: Just to even think about this and write this question down to me shows that this listener is going to handle this separation, this divorce with such love and respect, and that is just going to trickle down and help the children to heal so much better, you know, because we have to always remember that those children were conceived and created in love, and just because that love didn't last does not mean those children aren't loved completely by the both of you and something else. I always try to tell people going through divorce. If you put down your partner in front of your children, just remember you are putting down half of your child, because your child is made up of you and your former spouse. So when you criticize that former spouse, you are criticizing half of your child. And they hear that, and I think that's really important. So to do all of this with that love and consciousness is so so important. I agree with your idea, Dub of kind of putting it away for a while. You can get a nice little box and fill it with some loose sage or some lavender for peace. You can put some nice crystals in there, some rose cords, or some pink opal or some blue lace, ag it for good communication, and then put the pieces of jewelry in there for a little while, and then yeah, bring them out again. I'm holding onto all of that. I'm holding onto my wedding dress. My kids want to use pieces of my wedding dress. Some one wants to use it in her wedding veil, and the other two would like to remake pieces of the tool into their children's christening gowns, you know, years and years from now when they meet someone.
Speaker 2: And hopefully have a child.
Speaker 3: So there's lots of beautiful things you can do with those happy memories. I had a friend who had a beautiful wedding engagement band set and she went and tried to sell it, and you just don't get what it's worth when you try to do that, And so she had all the pieces pulled out and took it to a jeweler and had it made into another necklace, which I think is a really cool idea. It symbolized the love transforming into something different and new. But I do want to add this before we close out, deb And You're not going to know what I'm talking about, but I think some of our listeners will. Kim Kardashian and Kanye West, including his new wife, celebrated Christmas together this year with their children.
Speaker 2: People, if they can come together, we all can come together.
Speaker 1: So I have to tell you, miss smart Elec. I do know. No, let me tell you. I don't know who all those people are, but I do know who Kim Kardashian is. And here's fout. I saw a post on Facebook this has been some years ago about this person and I wrote something like, who is this? What is this about? And I think it said something like in a world of whatever, be a Kim Kardashian And a friend of mine wrote, Deb, in your world, you need to be Stevie Dick's not Kim Kardashian. So I do know who she is.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: Well, not to get into it, but Kanye West said some horrible things and is like the poster boy for how to be a terrible ex husband. If they can come together, one can come together in peace.
Speaker 1: One would hope that would be true.
Speaker 2: Can I get another?
Speaker 1: Amen? Aim and blessed be well. We've had some great questions and comments for this episode. Thank you all so very much.
Speaker 2: This has been great.
Speaker 3: We really appreciate you guys taking the time to send your questions and stories in. Remember if you want to send in a question or a story, all you have to do is email us Psychic Teachers at gmail dot com. And before we close out, Deb, we got a lovely email from a listener over the holiday break and they said, this listener wanted to do something to support us, and what could they do? Do we have a Patreon page and I said, no, we do not, but if you do want to support us, one thing you could do is give Deb's new book or my books a review on Goodreads or Amazon or wherever you read your books. It really does help us. Or if you have time, review our podcast wherever you listen. All those things really really do help support and grow our show, and we're so grateful for you when you take the time to do that. We hope you have a beautiful week filled with your own magical signs and connections to your guides and angels and lots of peace and love to you.
Speaker 2: Be the light for yourself and others. Take care, everyone, Thank you for listening to Psychic Teachers, your podcast for seekers, light workers, mystics, and magical thinkers.
Speaker 3: If you like the show, please tell a friend or leave us a review Wherever you listen to your podcast.
Speaker 2: For more information, check out our.
Speaker 3: Facebook page Psychic Teachers, or our websites Samantha Fay dot com and Debbowen dot com.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening and have a great week.