Speaker 1: Pet Tree Wine brings you.
Speaker 2: Basil Rothbone and Nigel.
Speaker 3: Brooks and the new adventures of Sherlock Holme.
Speaker 4: The Petrie family, the family that took time to bring you good wine, invites you to listen to doctor Watson tell us another exciting adventure he shared with his old friend, that master detective Sherlock Home. And right now, I'd like to just briefly mention an idea you autify tomorrow night, just before you sit down to dinner, just for yourself.
Speaker 5: A glass of.
Speaker 4: That good pet Tree California Sherrif Petrie Shechffy is the perfect before dinner wine. It's cheerful, glowing amber color, looks festive and this sort of lends an air of importance to the accase.
Speaker 5: And as for the.
Speaker 4: Wine itself, just taste it at Petrie sherry, not just ordinary wine, no sir one sip and you know that wonderful sun ripened grapes went into its making, yes, and you know that Petrie Sherry was carefully watched over every step of the way. Incidentally, Petrie makes two kinds of Sherrif regular sherry and Petree Pale dry. If you're not sure just which kind you and your friends will like best try them both.
Speaker 1: Don't buy one, buy two.
Speaker 4: But when it comes to sherry or any other wine for that matter, be sure you always buy Petrick. And now I'm certain our good friend doctor Watson's waiting for us. Let's go and enjoy it.
Speaker 3: You are, it's about too until two minutes as.
Speaker 4: Always, Well, this is one doctor's appointment I'm eager to keep.
Speaker 6: I should say so, my boss, drow up the usual turn, make yourself comfortable.
Speaker 5: Thanks well, doctor, today's.
Speaker 2: April the first?
Speaker 4: Did anyone try and play any jolts on it?
Speaker 3: But I'm happy to say that nobody not. As in the story that.
Speaker 6: I'm going to tell you tonight, But in April Fool's dead prank certainness called the bullseye.
Speaker 4: I see you have the dispatch box out again, doctor, then refreshing your memory, Yes, I tell him.
Speaker 6: When I tell you the adventure took eighteen hundred and eighty one, I think you will agree.
Speaker 3: That after such a lapse of time, a man can hardly rely on memory alone.
Speaker 4: Eighteen eighty one, And I said it must have been one of the really early it was.
Speaker 6: Indeed, in fact, the exact it took place only a little while after Sherlock Holmes.
Speaker 3: And I had first met and had taken up lodging for Giller.
Speaker 4: How was the great detective in use earlier found mistress?
Speaker 3: Me give you an example, my boy, I've shared the bigest.
Speaker 6: Sweet lodgings with him for over a month before I was even certain of his profession, the knowledge of which I learned from my awe and astonishment.
Speaker 3: But our first adventure together took place.
Speaker 4: That was the one you call the study in scar wasn't it?
Speaker 3: After memory?
Speaker 6: But even after that adventure, I found myself wondering at times what I let myself in for sharing lodgings with a strange companion. Because in one of those moods of doubt and confusion that my story begins. Late one March evening, I found myself the neighborhood have figured in the circus. It was cold and the steady drizzle of rain had dampened my spirits.
Speaker 3: I took the glass of wine.
Speaker 6: And the sound of music would put me in a better mood and confirm with the bottle, I entered the Criterion restaurant.
Speaker 3: As I sat with a glass of.
Speaker 6: Rare vintage poke at my elbow, the Orchester playing a dreamstars waltz in the background.
Speaker 3: I couldn't help thinking of the last time that i'd been there.
Speaker 6: It was a night time met a young medical student by the name of Stamford. He was the man who first introduced it through Sherlock Home. Suddenly I put a tap on my shoulder. I turned, and to my amazement, once again, the young Stamford was turning before.
Speaker 1: Or should I say, doctor Watson, how are you my dead chef?
Speaker 3: Hello, Stamford comes to dark.
Speaker 2: Thanks.
Speaker 1: I'm goad to see that you're not holding any grudge against me.
Speaker 3: Why else would I do that?
Speaker 5: For introducing yidish.
Speaker 1: Clark Holmes, I've reproached myself ever since. I think he's as mad as a.
Speaker 3: Heap centric in fact, elims that he is eccentric. But he's an extremely interesting fuller. He'll make a big diff for himself as a private detector. One of these days you'll see if I'm not right stuff.
Speaker 1: I saw something about him in the paper the other day, The Last and.
Speaker 3: Gardens of Yes, Yes, it was quite brilliant.
Speaker 6: I must for the times with like a fiend as a rule, in case the ex sets in the days of the time rely on our sofa, Harget, I think a word on moving a muscle from morning to night.
Speaker 1: I think he takes himself too seriously. That's how would you like to join in.
Speaker 3: A little plot pot against home?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, just the rag. You know we thought it'd be rather fun. We Thursday and night. We were just talking about it. I'll call him over thirdy.
Speaker 7: Maybe i've seen him before something I'm sure you must have done.
Speaker 1: He's been around at the hospital, and anytime you go in the British Museum you'll find him there. Nice fellow, but don't de doe.
Speaker 5: Yes, Stamford.
Speaker 1: Oh, this is a friend of mine, John Watson. This is James Murphy.
Speaker 3: How do I think? Don't see you at the hospital?
Speaker 8: And I know I've seen you, doctor wats Oh, sit down and come and join us.
Speaker 5: Thank you man.
Speaker 1: I was just telling Watson about our little plot.
Speaker 6: Oh you mean about look here, I'd like you for us to realize that Holmes is a very good friend of mine.
Speaker 8: Oh, don't worry, Watson, this is all in good fun.
Speaker 5: Don't you realize what the date is? Tomorrow?
Speaker 3: First three April kids, April Fool's Day. Oh no, I see you're going to play an April Fool's Day joke on on home. Yes, that's our plans.
Speaker 7: Well it's hardly our plans, camp, but it's very lady Anne Parkinton's idea. You see, Holmes is very rude to her when she visited the hospital recently and she wants to, you know, take him down a peg.
Speaker 3: And this is enough. But I must say he isn't planned to be rather elegant to time. Well, what's what's the plan?
Speaker 8: We'll need your health, what's you must be careful not to get the joke away.
Speaker 7: I'll bet you a fiver that Holmes falls for the whole story, Black and Sinker.
Speaker 5: Now here's exactly what we're planning to do.
Speaker 8: Lady Anne is going to call on.
Speaker 5: Homes at fat to speak of the boys to see me in my professional capacity.
Speaker 9: Surely, my dear man, you didn't exist was a social call. That's too rude to me at the hospital the other day.
Speaker 2: For that that was the point I was trying to make.
Speaker 3: This need to take this churmant ready follow the most comfortable room.
Speaker 9: Thank you, doctor Watts.
Speaker 2: And now what can I do to help you?
Speaker 9: You've heard of the Elfinstone Emerald?
Speaker 2: Oh, yes, yes, indeed a magnificent stone, a very considerable value, an heirloom in your family. I believe, yes, mister Holmes.
Speaker 9: I keep it in a wall safe in my bedroom. This morning, when I had occasion to go to the safe, I discovered that the emerald had been.
Speaker 3: Stolen Scott shocking business. Of course, you want us to Homes to recover it.
Speaker 2: Oil and remarkable deduction, I did, sir, Lydianne, are any work in the safe? Do you observe any signs of it having been tampered with?
Speaker 9: I think it's rather stupid to shit and answer questions here in Baker Street. Why don't you come up to my house in Caveny Square and examine the safe for yourself.
Speaker 2: You are a detective, aren't you? Just now? You accuse me of rudeness. I assure you that mine, at least was unintentional.
Speaker 3: Come, come, come home.
Speaker 9: I can promise you a substantial.
Speaker 3: Fame after Homes.
Speaker 2: I'm a struggling practitioner and a new Professionally, my poverty, but not my will concerns.
Speaker 9: I pay thy poverty and not thy will you see I can throw it my Shakespeare at Tom, mister Holmes, my carriage is waiting to gentlemen, let's drive over the Cabindy square at once shall This is the wall safe.
Speaker 2: Mister, home difficult and safety track for an expert. You paid the emerald in it last night, you say.
Speaker 9: Yes, when I went to bed, and this morning it had gone at homes.
Speaker 6: This is a good occasion to use that magnifying glass that you're always fit about.
Speaker 2: Instant occasion, my dear doctor. That's why I brought it with me. Mm hmm. That's very interesting.
Speaker 6: What is this safe?
Speaker 2: Was opened by an experts? The sign if it's having been forced?
Speaker 5: Hello, what a bit of st there's.
Speaker 2: A peculiar tarnish hom steel knob. It was obviously handled by someone whose fingers are habitually stained with chemical. Amazing home, I mention, my dear doctor, what does that dolly do?
Speaker 3: My good one.
Speaker 2: I should like to examine it if I may.
Speaker 5: But of course.
Speaker 9: What this is the most beautiful April fools apro and I've ever played.
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 6: He has food and thinker that's the same. I'm beginning to feel guilty. I can't help feeling a bit disloyal.
Speaker 3: If it's all in fun, temper and mister Murphy listening.
Speaker 9: Yes, the next door in my drawing room. I'm sure their ears are positively glued to the keyhole.
Speaker 3: Her homes of a comes there.
Speaker 2: The windows haven't been tampered with. We may presume, therefore, that the thief did not enter by an upstairs window. Lydia Anne, Yes, this room is not being touched since you discovered your loss.
Speaker 9: Oh no, I told the servants to leave it exactly as it was. Well, I can't set.
Speaker 2: You blendy figure that. Uh, the thief was a tall man with.
Speaker 3: A long stride. Come, come, come, homes.
Speaker 6: I know your methods, but there aren't Dennis footprints on this carpet that that you can identify, even with your magnifying.
Speaker 2: I've studied many kinds, and I've never seen one yet that was committed by a flying creature. As long as the criminal remains on its two legs, there must be some some typing displacement can be detected by a keen observer. I assure you that the match on this carpet indicate that the thief firm was a tall man with a long stride.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: This is a protagoash five tobacco dag tobacco that cells that opens the mount.
Speaker 9: Now, really, mister Holmes, how can you possibly identify an individual tobacco.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's poppied mine intactus even written a monograph on the subject. Now one more look at the face? Hello, what's this part of you? But it was it trace of Robin lydy Anne. I suggest you get in touch with Scott and jab at once. You mean that you've solved at home, I mean, not your doctor. But I can give you a reasonably complete picture of the thief. And that picture is so individual that I'd be surprised if it would fit more than one man in London.
Speaker 9: Right, this is pure magic, mister Holmes.
Speaker 3: Please describe him to it.
Speaker 2: Well, he's a tall man, the wit, this pride indicates that.
Speaker 3: And he's then what enables you to tell that.
Speaker 2: His footprints have made a remarkably like indentation on the nap of the carpet. Thief devils extensively in chemicals, as indicated by the tarnishing of the knob on the safe, and the faces of rosin would suggest that he plays the violin. Also the smokeshag Tobacco has a great practical knowledge the ways of combination, locks, and he's obviously in close contact with the criminal classes. How do you know that, mister, Well, he wouldn't see the famous Sternalis. You have to dispose of it through some trustworthy sense.
Speaker 6: Yes, it's a very comprehensive picture, Homes. I almost feel about you the.
Speaker 2: Thank you, doctor. I'm sure there's only one man in London and it shouldn't be hard to trace him.
Speaker 5: I agree entirely, mister Holmes.
Speaker 9: Doc to Watson, I think the joke has gone far enough.
Speaker 2: Joke, what do you mean just to talk quite right?
Speaker 3: Homes and thinking there's only one such man in.
Speaker 6: London, You've just given a perfect description of yourself.
Speaker 9: April, fool, doctor Temford, mister Murphy.
Speaker 10: April, come along here into the drawing room.
Speaker 9: Everyone, let us drink a glass of wine. Mister Holmes, who were so graciously forgiveness that the little trick we played on him, And also to doctor Stemford thought of the.
Speaker 3: Whole idea, no hard feelings with Homes, no doctor.
Speaker 2: It was a rather and doubting experience.
Speaker 3: And Murphy told me about the plan. I just couldn't resist joining him.
Speaker 1: Oh, here you are, Holmes, here's a drink.
Speaker 2: Thank you, dampan You know, Murphy, do you No? I don't think.
Speaker 5: How'd you do? How did you like the little game we played on you?
Speaker 2: It was rather a salutary experience. I suppose you gave them all the details to build up the picture of me.
Speaker 6: Hey, Dotr, I did Holmes annoying some of your methods. You tried to plant every clue that you.
Speaker 2: Would pick up A very neat job to an incidentally perfect example of the dangers of deductions based on purely circumstances evidence. I shall profit from this little lesson.
Speaker 4: I must say it was worth a fortunate Emeralds to see your face homes when you realize you're done well.
Speaker 3: A jokes over now, by the way, where is lady Anne?
Speaker 7: I believe she said she was going to fetch the offinstone emerald. She thought you might be interested in seeing it.
Speaker 2: It probably feels the sign that yourself I wounded.
Speaker 5: Back to you.
Speaker 1: Oh here she comes? Now home?
Speaker 2: What's happened lady the emerald?
Speaker 1: It's not where I hit it this time.
Speaker 9: It's really stolen.
Speaker 4: Doctor Watson's story will continue in just a few seconds, so I've just time to remind you that there are many, many different types of wine. But if you want one wine that's fine for almost any occasion, then you want Petrie California's sherry. Petrie sherry is fine before dinner, of course, but Petrie sherry is good after dinner too, and it's the perfect wine for cocktail time or anytime friends drop in. Everybody will love the real heart of the great flavor you get in every sip of Petrie sherry. And you can serve Petrie Sherry.
Speaker 1: Proudly because those letters P E.
Speaker 4: T R I spell the proudest name in the history of American wine, Petree Wine. Doctor Watson, your April full Day plot kind of backfired on you, didn't, It's.
Speaker 6: About to tell it was the perfect example of the fit bit.
Speaker 4: What happened next? I suppose Sherlock Holmes went into action once again.
Speaker 3: It's about all. It tadened my heart to see the change in the.
Speaker 6: Poor I confess I've felt rather ashamed of my part in the prank, for I could see that Holmes his pride had been hurt, but now with a definite crime before him, the difference was amazing. He suddenly became a dynamo, galvanized in action.
Speaker 3: As he stood there parting question.
Speaker 4: It was like yourself, you were this fresh hiding place. Both Mercy and I did yes.
Speaker 7: After we left our deliberate clues on the safe, we went with Lady Anne and saw us to creak the emerald and the top drive her dressing table.
Speaker 9: We thought it would be all right there. After all, as soon as the joke was over, I was going to put it back in the stage.
Speaker 2: I think I might just plan before we questioned the servants, would be for each one of you who were in this April funesday Frank to submit to being searched.
Speaker 4: Tone, surely you don't suggest that any one of us took the emeralds tip and I don't.
Speaker 2: But if any one of you fall are not guilty, this will be a splendid way of proving your innocence.
Speaker 6: I say, steady at homes to not suggesting Lady Anne stolen emeralds.
Speaker 2: Ah, mister, I'm suggesting nothing. That I may point out that the recent vogue for the insurance companies, it's provided another interesting motive for these so poor I resent your insinuation. It's out right, Lady Anne. If I'm to recover your emerald, I must please consider every divisibility. The search is the most immediate practical action. Perhaps you'll retire into the next room, and I persuade these gentlemen to submit to being searched.
Speaker 9: Very well, but I think you're in danger of making a fool of yourself.
Speaker 6: One.
Speaker 5: Oh wait, don't don't go, lady Anne. Search won't be necessary.
Speaker 7: What do you mean, Murpha, I must throw myself on your mercy, Lady Anne. I confess that I stole the Emerald Mercy after you put it in the drawer, lady, and I slipped back into the room and took it out.
Speaker 3: Murphy. That's a criminal action.
Speaker 5: I know it, but I'm poor.
Speaker 8: I need money desperately for my mathematical research.
Speaker 5: I knew the Emeralds prices. I couldn't resist the temptation to take.
Speaker 7: Advantage of a joke. Yeah, lady Anne, here's the stone. Please don't prosecute me. Please, don't it been my ruin?
Speaker 2: May I exact in the emerald en? Thank you?
Speaker 9: Well, mister Murphy. I won't pretend that I'm not deeply shocked. I must ask you to leave my house.
Speaker 8: But you won't prosecute me, will you. It was a moment's temptation.
Speaker 9: Noah, No, I won't prosecute you home.
Speaker 3: What are you doing with the emerald?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm something of the distant ways of thieves. I came on this case, but it prepared to test the emerald when I found it. Now a top of this acid from this vial.
Speaker 9: So, mister Holmes, what are you doing? You into the step?
Speaker 2: Noah, not, it's a true emerald?
Speaker 3: Ah, good lord, the ascidating to the stoness.
Speaker 2: If it was shugar, that means it means, lady, and that mister Murphy has just impeddaled his honor, his freedom to steal a singularly beautiful fake.
Speaker 9: Mister Holmes, this joke turned into a nightmare. Is there a way of covering my emeralds?
Speaker 2: I hope so, Lady Anne, I've been taking steps in their logical order. The servants have all been questioned. We've searched mister Stamford.
Speaker 7: And mister Murphy's most humiliating experience made me feel like a criminal.
Speaker 5: For personally, I was only too thankful to submit to a search. This time. I knew I had nothing to worry about.
Speaker 3: You yourself, Dadia. I knew you've considered to being searched by the police. Maktron that Home sent forth only.
Speaker 9: Because he threatened to set for the police if I didn't. Oh distasteful though it was, I'd rather endure that than have this story on the front.
Speaker 2: Pages of the newspapers.
Speaker 1: And in spite of all these rather unfriendly proceedings, we've got exactly nowhere as regards finding the Emeralds.
Speaker 2: No Stamford. But we have at least eliminated the possibility that the thief is secreting the jewel on his person.
Speaker 3: Still somewhere in these two rooms stay.
Speaker 2: Home, I think so. Though there is one remaining possibility, and that is that the fake stone was substituted for the real emerald sometime before all of you engineered your April fools their joke.
Speaker 9: Oh no, mister Hee, that's not possible. I know it was the genuine Emerald. I took of the safe this morning.
Speaker 2: How can you be sure the substitute was an excellent imitation about a chemical test such as I performed, It would be hard to be certain.
Speaker 9: I can tell you why I'm certain. Last night Papa came to dinner and brought a mister Vanderlder of Amsterdam. He examined the stone, and you'll agree that a dual expert like that couldn't be fool.
Speaker 2: That's true, Lady Anne. And what did you do with the emerald after mister vander Lder left?
Speaker 9: I locked it in my safe and went to bed. I didn't unlock the safe again until doctor Stamford and mister Murphy came here this morning.
Speaker 3: That's settled. The real emerald is still hidden somewhere in these two rooms.
Speaker 1: But where that's the question.
Speaker 8: I must say, it's completely mystifying.
Speaker 2: Well, let's go back to what we were all doing at the exact moment you came into the room, Lady Anne and informed us at the loss of your stone. Now we were we would drinking toast to you, and it uh, Lady Anne hard thinking is well, it's thirsty work.
Speaker 9: I'm so sorry. Let me get you something a glass of court No, no.
Speaker 2: Thank you, but iya, I observe that you have a remarkably comprehensive assortment of the curves. I wonder if I might have a glass of cream demond.
Speaker 3: Oh, of course, I'll get it for it. Cream them all from the middle of down home.
Speaker 1: I knew you were eccentric, that is.
Speaker 9: It's awful it clings.
Speaker 2: As I picked it up. I thought it Dane, there's something inside. Allow me, Madam, thank you. I'm sure you would mind if they wastelessly cur on the aspidestra so dy Anne, allow me to restore to you the Elphinston Emerald Scott, a fantastic ingineers the one safe hiding place in the room. Where could a green gem be more effectively hidden than in a bottle of green? The curved?
Speaker 5: Who stole it?
Speaker 3: Who substituted the fake stone?
Speaker 9: Frankly, I don't care.
Speaker 3: The gem is restored.
Speaker 9: That that's all that matters.
Speaker 2: I prefer not to go to court.
Speaker 9: Neither you nor i, Mister Schola Colmbs would show up in a best of light, and my father will disapprove of this whole. Austair, I'm afraid just.
Speaker 2: As you wish they did.
Speaker 6: Am.
Speaker 2: In either case, I should expect your check for my services in due course.
Speaker 3: Here we are to cut here and again Stamford.
Speaker 1: But you come in and join us for lunch, please, watching, but I'll keep the cabin go on. I actually have patient this afternoon. A rare and delightful experience for a young doctor.
Speaker 3: You've probably known as rare and delightful.
Speaker 2: As I plan is for a young detector based down there, I quite understand, and I'm correspondingly grateful to you.
Speaker 1: If you're you're profitable, so I'm glad it was profitable for you. Personally, I feel pretty stupid about the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Well, goodbye, goodbye or goodbye to.
Speaker 3: Night Onst Square can be remarkably quick.
Speaker 7: I'm afraid my conscience won't let me too much talking doctor, I'm hardly ashamed of myself.
Speaker 5: Well, thanks for leftoff.
Speaker 2: I'll leave you Chap loves and cohnsense you'll join us for lunch Murphy, But no, that's about it, and says, come on, what happens off the nice of you?
Speaker 3: Oh, come, come, come, Murphy. Any one of us can make a foolish mistake. It's just lucky that you didn't have to pay for yours.
Speaker 2: Steve wishes the David, Yes, the three please disaways you? Does this debut please you? Excellent?
Speaker 3: Thank you George, and as hungry as a hunter, how about you, Murphy.
Speaker 5: I'm afraid I have very little appetite. This whole cases upset me dreadfully.
Speaker 2: You mustn't take it so much to heart. Matthy and by the way, doctor, i'd like to have your opinion on the case. Who do you think stage the theft of the emerald to defect the office?
Speaker 6: To me, Lady and Parlington did it herself to collect insurance money if she hadn't.
Speaker 3: She's insisted on your finding the thief. But you needn't worry, old Chap. You'll get your fee.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm sure, though I'm not worry about the fee. But I assure you Lady and did not engineered that broad today you you mean it was Stafford and tell him who was responsible? My dear Murvey, But how should I know, Comma Murby, Let's not sense any longer. You did an excellent job, a superlative job.
Speaker 5: I was almost sorry to disappointed for you. I don't think I understand your herds.
Speaker 2: You do, Marvi. You're a splendid actor too. I was so deeply touched when you were a parenty stone, a fake Chuel and all the time you knew that the rital one was safely hidden in the bottle of Clane demark be abstracted that your leisure, you scoundrel.
Speaker 3: Would you mind telling me what's going on here? I'm completing absolutely in the.
Speaker 2: Dark Elliot's obvious, My dear doctor, the imitation Emerald was a brilliant copy.
Speaker 8: What makes you so sure of that, fight, dear, because his April.
Speaker 2: Fool's Day hoax was only conceived yesterday, or that is what you wished the other to believe. Such a superb paced gem could not have been made at such short notice. Therefore, it must have been prepared by someone who knew about the hoax before it was arranged. Now, my dear doctor, when Stampers told you about the plan last night, whose idea did he say it was? He told me that was Lady and Parlington's plessis then, and yet Lady Anne referred today as Temper's idea. Obviously, you, my dear Murphy, presented the plan to each as the notion of the other, and so only you could have arranged the real theft behind the hoax. I repeat, a splendid job, mister Holmes.
Speaker 7: May I I also compliment you on your cleverness and frustrating my plot.
Speaker 3: Look here, what is all this, One of us a criminal, the other's detective.
Speaker 6: It's offering each other complimens as if you were in the same profession.
Speaker 2: The dividing line between the criminal and the criminal investigator is than you might imagine. My dear doctor, how very true.
Speaker 8: My dear home, would you consider coming over to my side of the lion.
Speaker 5: Together we did make an unbeatable team.
Speaker 2: Are you flatterining? Nevertheless, I must decline your offer, mister.
Speaker 7: Murphy, or pity on your side of the line, You'll never be a rich man. By the way, if your edification my name is miss Murphy, those tampard insists on thinking it is, then what is your name?
Speaker 3: Coundrel?
Speaker 5: Your friends says the word scoundrel so much better than you, doctor my name. My name is Mercury.
Speaker 2: Indeed a spelled m u r t r y no D.
Speaker 5: I mean, I have so much couple with my name.
Speaker 7: People will either misspell it or mispronounce it. I'm afraid I'll have to begin calling it the way looks m O r.
Speaker 2: I A r t e y Mariatti, Mariatti. I shall remember that name. I have a feeling we shall meet again. I trust that we shall.
Speaker 7: You've won the first brown Shellock Holmes, I admit that, but I believe that a return match is indicated.
Speaker 2: I shall look forward to it.
Speaker 5: Mariatti.
Speaker 2: Now, doctor, I can't stand your bill for flaring knockers or a lutch. Shall we a good?
Speaker 8: That was a pretty hectic April Fool's Day.
Speaker 3: I know what to see enough money if you like it, I.
Speaker 4: Don't blame you, you know, I sure hate to have someone come to my house and pull a trick like that on me.
Speaker 3: Do you have a pictures emerald you feel? Maybe?
Speaker 6: Store?
Speaker 3: Are you kidding?
Speaker 4: I would know the difference between a precious emerald and a piece of green glass. But when it comes to ruby's that's something else.
Speaker 2: Oh, you would know a ruby when you're sure, because the ruby has exactly the same color as a glass of Petrie California port held up to the light.
Speaker 6: Mister Buel, you can find more excuses talking about Petry.
Speaker 3: Wine than any man in the entire world. Believe me, excuses.
Speaker 4: I don't need an excuse to talk about Petrie wine. Why there's a wine that actually speaks for itself. If I may borrow a phrase from Shakespeare or somebody does, not the wine quite like Petree wine, because only Petree wine is made by the Petrie family, and the Petrie family has been making wine for generations they've been handing down from father to son, from father to son years than years of knowledge and experience, the fine art turning luscious grapes, the clear, fragrant, delicious wine. Yes, And because the making of Petrie wine is a family affair, those letters P. E. T R I on a bottle of wine are the personal assurance of the Petrie family that every drop of wine in that bottle is good wine. You never miss with a Petrie wine because Petrie took time to bring to good wine. Well, doctor Watson, wats the prescription for next week?
Speaker 6: Well, next week, miss about tell I'm going to tell you a rather unusual story. It concerns a series of strange disappearances and a murder with defant reason. And yet it was a case that shelock homes sold without ever meeting any of the suspect.
Speaker 4: I call it single a fair The disappearing scientists, Well, I'm sure we'll all want to hear that one.
Speaker 5: Doctor.
Speaker 6: Oh, I'm sure we're gonna Before you go, mister Botel, I want to urge our friends that will do all they can to save on the use of all wheat and rice products and also fats and oils. There are millions of families lipless, starving.
Speaker 3: To death Europe nature. They're not being asked to give them our food. They're just being asked to take it easy on certain foods so that there will be some left for them to buy. I know there isn't one person listening to me tonight who would knowingly let anyone starve.
Speaker 6: And remember, unless you do help, thousands of little children will starve. So please, let's share a meal and save life tonight.
Speaker 4: Sherlock Holm's Adventure was written by Dennis Green and Anthony Boucher, and was suggested by an answer to Nincer Arthur colon Oil's story. A study in Scarlet music is by Dean Fosterling. Mister Rathburn appears to the courtesy of Metro Goldwyn Mayor and mister Bruce with the courtesy of Universal Pictures, where they are now starring in the Sherlock Holmes series. The Battery Wine Company of San Francisco, California invite you to tune in again next week, same time.
Speaker 2: Say the station.
Speaker 4: Cherlock Holmes comes to you from our Hollywood studio. This is Harry Bartel saying good night for the Petrie family. For a solid hour of exciting mystery dramas. Listen every Monday on most of these same stations at eight o'clock to Michael Shane, followed immediately by Sherlock Holme.
Speaker 1: This is the mutual broadcasting