Speaker 1: Scams are so funny because some of them are really obvious scams and some are like a little bit more clever. And the reason I bring it up is because this has been going around for a year, maybe close to two years, And basically it's a Facebook scam that says you have won one thousand dollars and people will click on this and it says you will then need to enter your credit card and you will then get a thousand dollars and it's all from the Dave Ryan Show. And we got another one of these. Somebody wrote this morning and said, hey, is this a scam? And they were smart enough to realize it was a scam, but it just is so badly written. First of all, it has a picture of the Dave Ryan Show and it's the wrong it's me laughing into the microphone. It's not the right one. And then it has a link that says congratulations to the chosen winner. Dave Ryan Show give away one thousand dollars, exclusive only for thirty people. After a successful registration, please immediately send proof of registration a screenshot. Do not miss this opportunity comma. If there is no response in registration, we will cancel you as the winner, which is written by somebody who almost knows how to write perfect English. Yeah, but not quite, because you would never say, I mean, we would never say, for example, congratulations to the chosen winner. That's not what we would say.
Speaker 2: Sounds kind of that's a robot.
Speaker 1: Well robotic or maybe somebody who speaks I don't know, Russian, sure or Polish that they're very close. Yeah, but we would never say congratulations the chosen winner. And we would never say, do not miss this opportunity, comma. If there is no response, comma, we would say, do not miss this opportunity exclamation point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that we don't have thirty thousand dollars to hand out to.
Speaker 1: Me, No, we do not, and it just goes on some more. Just like register now, you will be directed to our sponsor's page. Please continue to register to avoid Each winner must go through the verification stage and the car details serve to make sure you are the person we chose and are truly valid. So again, it's I'm glad that people are onto these things. Yeah. Is it true that sometimes you answer your phone, your cell phone, and you go hello, and somebody goes is this Bailey hass And you go yes, and then the rumor is they record you saying yes yea, so they can use your voice to get your credit card company to believe it's you or something like that.
Speaker 2: Just why I just never answer a phone number from something I don't recognize. Yeah, never ever, if they need me, they'll leave a message, right. Yeah.
Speaker 3: There's also no way that the credit card company can just like give approval for information based off of someone.
Speaker 1: Saying yes though probably true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, way too many other things you have to confirm than just an automated yes yes. It's not like they're like, all right, so your last four of your social is one, two, three, four barely says yes yes.
Speaker 1: Now that's not how it works, you know, right. That's from Katie. Thank you, Katie. Oh would knock over James?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I got my big standa boots on today and all I did was like move my foot and I hit a bunch of shit off this shelf.
Speaker 1: There's a we clean that shelf off about two years ago, and I threw so many board games into the trash outside, but it's refilled.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 1: It's really as yeah, next one and here we go. It is from Santana Maho. They say, Hey, Gang, random topic. I just noticed I never have a phone in my dreams, nor any electronics, and I have dreams almost every night. I'm in my thirties. Of that makes a difference. Do any of you ever have any phones in your dreams? Yes? I have a dream moderately frequently every month or so where I have to call a phone number and I keep screwing up the number. Then I get to start over again, then I still screw it up, and it's on my cell phone. So yeah, I do have technology in my dreams sometimes, Bailey.
Speaker 2: I don't, but it just makes me think of like Netflix shows nowadays all have phones that they like show you the text messages popping up, and but then like a TV show that doesn't have phones in it at all, it never occurs to me that they don't have a phone. I never think about it because it was just like an extension of your self at this point.
Speaker 1: Okay. They also go on to say, I wanted to agree with Allison in the last episode, the drunk slow most bit we're entertaining. I've attached slowed down audio from the Minnesota Goodbye from August fifth. I thought it was funny when you were all talking about painful stories. Take care and happy holidays from Audrey. I love your name, Audrey. Let's see if I can get this to function correctly here and it might take a minute for me to pull up proper audio channels. So let's see if this works. Okay, you ready, here we go.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, I have gotten an IUDN and that hurts like a bit? What a bit? No?
Speaker 1: No, no, you gu sorry? And I U D A I U D yeah ivy okay.
Speaker 2: Now I D And it hurts like a bit? What it hurts like?
Speaker 1: So slowing down audio makes you sound drunk, and it makes it sound funny. You write that down for next week, Jenny wish that's kind of funny. I think it's Santana, or actually your name is Audrey, but I wanna let you know, Santana. Somebody is hacked into your email and is using it and her name is Audrey. Oh gosh, all right, delete on that one. And let's see. Here's one trying to think of a Christmas gift for my daughter, and this is addressed to weather girl Jenny in the morning zoo okay, uh, my daughter and her boyfriend who love the outdoors, hiking and exploring new breweries. I get these Instagram ads from Rio. Do you know anything about them? They are scratch off Adventures and they both have Minnesota and Twin Cities decks of scratch offs. Now I've seen this, it does pop into my Instagram. It'll say something like I've lived in Minnesota my whole life and I never knew about this, And it'll show like the Apostle Islands and you scratch them off and you go on this you know, Minnesota adventure or you go to the headwaters of the Mississippi or whatever it is. And I've seen this deck of cards. I don't I haven't bought them because Susan is not an adventurer and I'm certainly not going to go by myself. So do you know anything about these? Jenny?
Speaker 3: I actually have never heard of those before. I feel like those kind of things, if it's specific to like having to travel somewhere, you have to plan more for that, Whereas like I've seen, like the date Night books, where you scratch something off and you do something in that moment that's a little bit easier to do. I feel like travel would be kind of harder, But I can't. I've never done it, so I can't speak for it. It could be a super cool gift.
Speaker 1: It looks kind of cool. It's if you go to reach Internationaloutfitters dot com. I think that's where you can find it there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's called the Minnesota Adventure bucket List. Okay, it seems I mean, it seems cool, but it's sixty five dollars, So just keep that in mind. Where I feel like I could just google places to go in Minnesota for free.
Speaker 1: Right. My second option is to buy them a Minnesota park pass, but I honestly don't know what that means, Jenny, do you know if it's parking or camping or what.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's just access into the pass or into the park, So you have to pay a fee to go into any state park. So that'll give you access for a year round. I think that that's a great gift. Now, actually got all of us on the Morning Show that one year. Yeah, and I'm sure, I'm pretty sure me and you are probably the only ones who used it, because I think she got it for Drake too. But I loved it because then we don't have to pay the feed to get in every year and it's I think that's a good one for people who go hike and do things outdoors.
Speaker 2: You could get them that and then get them I don't know, some kind of hiking gear or some kind of thing, so it's not just like here's a piece of paper, but like here's a piece of paper, but also here is a nice little jacket to wear hiking or something like that.
Speaker 3: They do do the National Park passes as well, which is it's not that expensive for the fact that you get into national park for a year. I think it's like eighty five bucks. It's called America the Beautiful Pass. Okay, So that gets you into any National park anytime for a year straight as well. If you want to do something more than just state parks.
Speaker 1: And I ask you a question that's kind of on topic, but little off. You're a big hiker, Yeah, do you use hiking poles?
Speaker 3: I brought them when we went out to Seattle this summer and did a bunch of hikes like in the I don't know whatever mountain range. I think cascades, and honestly, they were more inconvenient than helpful. The only time that it was ever helpful was when we did a hike that was pretty steep, and on the way down my knee was hurting, so I used one pole to kind of help me on the way down. But I don't know, I find them not very beneficial.
Speaker 1: I'm the same way. I took them. We hiked one hundred miles with the boy Scouts in twenty seventeen through the mountains of New Mexico, and I took them and I never used them once. I kept them strapped to the back of my backpack because I thought I might need them, but I never needed them. But I see people out it's kind of funny. I will see people out walking on a flat sidewalk with hiking poles, and it's like, I don't think you need them at all. And I do see people hiking in Colorado with them, But I think for the most part, you really kind of don't need them.
Speaker 3: I think it really depends on the terrain, the steepness your knees, because like I think, if you.
Speaker 1: Have been healthy, you probably don't need them yet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I mean I'm healthy and I have a bad knee, So like, I agree that for the most part, I don't use them. But I think that there are certain hikes that I probably would find them beneficial, like if it was some snow or ice or something like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, I hiked Downpike's Peak about I don't know, seven or eight years ago, ten years ago, and I use them going down because what you're doing when you're going down is thump, thump, thump on your feet and your knees, and it would take some of the pressure off. And they definitely did help. Good luck with that, oh, she says. My third option is to buy them a pub pass for twenty five bucks and they get a free beer at twenty five local breweries and bars in the Twin Cities until next year. That sounds kind of cool. For twenty five bucks you get a free beer before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've gotten that. And to be honest, I would do the State Park one over the Beer one because the Beer one, it's they're all so spread out there and they don't cover like every brewery that is, you know, in the state. So you'll be like, oh, here's one brewery in Waconia, and then here's another in Woodberry, and then like one in Minneapolis and then another one in Coon Rapids, and you just don't end up going to them. So my dad gets them for himself and then never uses them. So then he hands them to me in the last few months of every year, and then I have two months to try and use it as much as possible. You just don't end up going to all of them.
Speaker 1: Do you ever, guy, Do you ever get like the girls hockey team from the local high school or the boys soccer team. They come by and they they sell you a sheet of coupons that are like, you know, two dollars off at Von Hansen Meats, or four cents off a gallon at Holiday or save twenty five dollars at you know, Furniture World or whatever, and you go, wow, that looks pretty cool. I always buy them because I all my kid went and my kids sold shit door to door for scouts and volleyball and whatever, so I always try to give back. Those are the only solicitors that I will welcome at my house. I have the sign out front that says something like, don't knock, don't make it weird, no soliciting. But I will buy stuff from kids, but you never use them. That's my point is you save these and then a year later you find them in your junk drawer. Oh and they're expired.
Speaker 2: Yeah, even like a pizza coupon. I forget I have a pizza coupon. I'll buy pizza up the wazoo and then I'll be like, oh oops, so I just eh, but the state park pass, I think that's valid. I like that one.
Speaker 1: Okay, cool. Now I'm not going to read the whole thing, but I will give you a little background on this email and tell you why I'm not going to read the whole thing. Our friend Patty who listens to the show and always helps out with highway cleanup, and she's in the Ukulele Club and she's wonderful. Her and her husband Scott have been listening forever now. We saw her at Ukulele Club the other night and she said, I wrote you, guys an email about a horrible wedding speech, and you don't have to read it because it's really long. I'm not gonna read the whole thing because you weren't kidding. It's really long, but I'm gonna read part of it. So here we go.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: One of my favorite things to listen to is Worst Date. Wednesday, I was at a wedding and it made me wish you had a bit called Worst Wedding Wednesday because this event was worthy of a similar recap happened in another state, so nobody will hear it. Here we go. The groom was the son of good friends of mine. Bride works for a company that manages social media influencers, so she clearly wanted an instagram worthy event of her own. The tone was set early when I found out that the groom, a sweet and humble guy, had only one request that his two sisters be included in the wedding party. The bride said no, and they were not included.
Speaker 3: WHOA, yikes, that's not nice.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, okay. The day before the wedding, my friend, the mom of the groom asked the mother of the bride what time should we be there and if there were specific instructions for us to line up for the ceremony. The mother of the bride said, you got the invitation right, it's all in there, So she basically treated the mother of the groom like another wedding guest with no further information provided. Ooh, I got pissed already. Yeah, okay. The dress code was formal, and the invitation specified that all wedding guests were to wear black, no exceptions, presumably so the bride would stand out in her white dress. The result was an event that looked more like a funeral than a wedding. They asked the guests to wear black people, no exceptions.
Speaker 3: Black and white weddings. Yeah, but it's I'm pretty sure it's like you have to wear black then, because you can't wear white woods.
Speaker 1: Okay. The wedding venue was at an all inclusive events center, with a chapel building and a separate reception hall next door. The floors in the chapel were polished gray cement, the walls were white, and the ceilings were super high, so the effect was a big, open room with an echo. There were only about one hundred and fifty guests, so we didn't fill even half the room. A few flower bouquets were placed on the cement floor in the center aisle at the end of some rows, and a large floral wreath hung at the front of the chapel, but that was it. No other decorations. The flowers were all white. There was no color, warmth, or charm, just a very huge, wide, open, bare room. Okay, we're not done yet.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The couple sent a group text to all wedding guests at noon the day of the wedding to remind us wedding starts at four pm sharp. It said you must arrive by three point fifty pm because the doors are closing at that time, so please plan accordingly. We made sure we were on time. At three fifty, came and went. The doors were open because a lot of guests came through the doors that were supposed to be already closed. The ceremony didn't start until four to ten pm. The sound system for the wedding was a couple of speakers on a large in the back of that gigantic room. The bride chose to walk down the aisle to the traditional wedding march, but the first twenty seconds of pre recorded piano music were muffled coming from those janky speakers. Somebody adjusted the sound and it got better, but by then the bride was already halfway down the aisle. All I could think of was, why didn't they do a sound check for this bride who was so specific about so many things leading up to this event. This seemed like a pretty big deal to miss. Now we're not done yet, and I'm actually enjoying this more than I thought it was. When it was tiging for the bride's brother to be doing a Bible reading, he had to get up from a seat in the front section of chairs, walk wall the way over to the far right side of the room, get a microphone stand carried to where the pastor was standing all the way on the other side. He placed the mic literally five feet in front of the chair he was sitting at. Why it wasn't there before the ceremony. Then when he finally started talking, he was so far away from the microphone that he might as well have not been using it at all. Luckily, this sound echoed so much in that cavernous room that we could hear him just fine without the mic. But again, why was there no audio crew or sound check to avoid this type of situation. That's one of my pet peeves is people who won't talk into the microphone. Yeah, I see it all the time. You got to get your fucking mouth right up on the fucking microphone for it to be fucking heard that.
Speaker 2: Or they're like, oh, I don't need a microphone. I have a loud voice, and you're like, not loud enough.
Speaker 1: Well, writer, People who go I hate microphones. I'm sorry, we'd like to hear what you're saying exactly. So you get people who are like, okay, so everybody, thanks for coming, and it's like, no, put your fucking mouth on the fucking microphone.
Speaker 3: You need to be nice because some people don't like to be on a microphone.
Speaker 1: Shit, you get your job. I don't give a fuck. That's your job. That's your job. You're a speaker, get your fucking mouth up.
Speaker 3: You like a speech at a wedding, and a lot of people are a maid of honor or the best man, and they fucking hate giving speeches. Andrew was one at his brother's wedding and he was so nervous and he did fine, but he didn't speak right on the microphone because it's not his forte no.
Speaker 1: And I get that, And I'm kind of being a dick on purpose to be funny. And I thought I was kind of funny. Good bit, good bit, But I don't know. It's just one of those things where it's like, okay, talking to the microphone. We all want to hear you. Now, she goes on longer than we have, Because I'll be honest with you, I gotta leave in five minutes to go to the gym. Now, I'm not making that up. I really do. And she's got probably another fifteen minutes of content for this Wedday. So we might continue this on Monday because it really is very interesting and Patty, thank you. I can tell you had a good time writing this. And she does talk about speeches that went on way too long, way too long. So we'll come back on Monday and finish up this email from Patty. That is it for the Minnesota Goodbye. I'm heading over to Snap Fitness. Have a great day. By the way, no money up front at Snap from January first through the fourteenth. So you want to get in shape, this is your year to lose that weight. Get in shape Snap fitness dot com slash KDWB and it's it's more affordable than like the big, huge, big box gyms with the climbing wall and the stuff that you'll never use. Ryan Show at KDWB dot com is the email