Speaker 1: To the thunder Buddies podcast where Cail can't hold his composure and I can. We're don't route it, Gil, Episode six, We're gonna give you some good stuff today.
Speaker 2: You have a great time.
Speaker 1: Number one with shout Claudia who fixed our audio issues because Gil, he's been streaming, but he doesn't know what.
Speaker 2: A noisegate is.
Speaker 1: And you're gonna have a better product and a funny one too. We're talking about the new kV eight hitting the game, new event drop him. We talk about the Snail released an actual statement about the anti jeat, no way yup and more. If you had to listen to the whole thing, because why would I tell you all the things we're gonna talk about, Why would you listen to it?
Speaker 2: Good to see how you doing, Gil, I'm good.
Speaker 3: I'm good.
Speaker 2: Any motorcycles outside, uh.
Speaker 3: No yet you bring it up now? Now they're gonna show up. It's about this time. So I don't know if you guys have noticed, but I like to cut Rev off during every one of his little intros, and I tried so hard to hold my composure, and he looked right at the camera in a way of like I dare you the laught.
Speaker 1: Okay, braw you audio only listeners, The video really adds an element to the podcast.
Speaker 2: Last week we had episode five.
Speaker 1: We talked about a lot of Reddit rumors and look, I'm very proud of how we handle it because Gail said it the best. We're talking about anytime somebody leaves the company, especially if you've been there a long time, you can get disgruntled. Now that doesn't mean stuff that that person can say would be necessarily wrong, but always good to take it with a grain of salt. At the same time, one thing that both Gail and I do like is transparency, and Guidgen shared a little bit of transparent.
Speaker 2: Then this big, long post we're not gonna make you'll.
Speaker 1: Go through all the dry details. Let's be honest. You're listening to this podcast. Who wants to read a four thousand word document by anti cheats? You don't, I don't, but we did because we love you. The shortness of it, though, is talking about their Viking anti cheat and how they've gone through other ones like the Easy anti cheat, which a lot of you, if you've ever been on Steam, are very familiar with that one, right, So all these are different tools they've used they've changed what they were doing back in twenty twenty three, and they even came out as far as to say and give the fact that they've had three hundred average band users.
Speaker 2: A month, and we get debate, is that a high number or is it a low number?
Speaker 1: I mean a game with a you know, one hundred and fifty thousand people on any given time seems low. But at the same time, I appreciate them sharing things of how since twenty twenty four January there's been almost ten thousand bands, so nice to see that. It still did not directly discuss some of the things that were brought up about the anti cheat, So if you are looking for that, you're not going to find the article.
Speaker 2: I'm go ahead and.
Speaker 1: Give you a spoiler. Yet no company would come out and really do that. The all teams in these departments are freaking out. You're gonna say what.
Speaker 2: But with all legal.
Speaker 1: Aside, it is still nice to see a post addressing what is clearly a concern in the community.
Speaker 2: Even it didn't answer everything, but yeah, there's your catchup work. Gotta what do you think?
Speaker 3: So if you guys weren't here last week, the allegations was that the anti cheat were they were illegally acquiring your files or your personal data or something. So that is kind of the rundown. And yeah, the whole anti cheat thing, I'm gonna be honest, I saw it come out. I laughed about it a little bit internally because we just talked about that on the podcast and a big thing on Reddit. So it was quite clearly them facing allegations without ever bringing up the allegations. It was very It was very we run a multimillion dollar business. People are saying stuff that either is true or isn't true. We need to face that. So let's just let's just conveniently come out with the post about how the anti cheat works and carl it transparency and hope that people stop alligating or accusing us of things.
Speaker 1: So, you know, I don't think the accusations will stop, but I still I guess, just as the player, I think it's always good if you're willing to be a little bit deeper in terms of playing the game. If you don't care, this deeply completely cool, we got something for you about thirty seconds. But I will say this, one other thing they added in there is they discussed player reporting, right, I know a lot of you who watch this because I know I'm in law of the war Thunder Facebook groups and man, if you ever want to just see like it's basically like an award ceremony. If everybody wants to brag up out every time they got banned, they just post screenshots every day of GUIDs abandoned people. But apparently, again this is what they say. Every single band that transpires is done manually. There is no like abusing the anti cheat or abusing the report system and just saying, hey, we'll get my whole squadron of one hundred and twenty eight people to report Nightingale TV. So read it's your own, you know, volition to side if you agree, disagree whatever.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: If you go and google the Viking anti cheat, bing it, whatever you kids are using these days, not glowing endorsements will appear. But other than that, I still appreciate a game company will to come out and say, hey, here's how our process is.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be completely honest. Kind of my job to know what's going on. I opened that post, saw a whole bunch of words. I said, that's a lot of words. Too bad, I didn't read them. Well, that's a lot of words.
Speaker 2: Too bad, I'm not reading them.
Speaker 3: I just I don't know it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. But you know what's not a lot of words.
Speaker 3: K V eight.
Speaker 2: That's two letters in a number.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good Kelly. Yeah, So, if you guys didn't see, they just announced today the new event that we're getting that starts on the sixth, so the day that this podcast comes out, So you should the pod if you're listening to this podcast on the day released. The update is live, the event is live, and spoiler alert. I don't like it for one specific reason. Not because not because it's a tank that we pretty much already have. It's it's not that, but it is enough. They're low tier. I think they said ranked two. Yeah, a ranked two Russian premium tank. It's a kV series tank. Everyone hates the kV one, you know how OPI. It feels at a low tier. Guess what you're gonna get that except a little bit different. So it's yeah, So if you guys didn't see, it's gonna be I think it's thirty thousand mission score. We'll get into that in a minute on how to do that. The actual event, but it is AKV eight. The real the real attracting factor of this Cave eight or this kV is the kV eight replaces it seventy six millimeter gun. I think it's a seventy six with a forty five, so it's a smaller caliber gun. And they add a flame thrower. So it's been a while. It's been a few years since we saw a flamethrower tank get added to war Thunder, But now Russia is getting the old kV eight, So we think, Rev, you're more of a low tier guy than me, more of a ranked two guy.
Speaker 1: This puts it in the same realm as the crocodile for the UK, and I'm gonna let you have the point you want to make because I'm not going to jump into the other trees. Look, I've said it before. I like collecting things of the game. I will say one it's real. That's usually a big thing for me and war Thunder. If it's not real, look at you so use battleship, I hate you, but I mean this is a real thing.
Speaker 2: They really used it.
Speaker 1: I mean I am always personally a fan of adding things to low and mid tier. I do believe there's more to flesh out there. Yeah, I would bring up the point of and you use them a little bit at higher tiers and men and low tiers.
Speaker 2: I don't find flamethrowers to be very effective.
Speaker 1: And what I mean by that is you could just as well run the same h E round and get a better shot at a better distance than what you would get from being close enough to use a flamethrower. I'd also point out that a lot of the lower mid tier maps are not designed to get you those close quarters anyway. Yeah, you know, most of the lower mid tier maps don't have these great, you know, close quartered like town spaces like you were playing a Vietnam when I was watching.
Speaker 2: You're saying, and while that does populate at lower levels.
Speaker 1: It's not super common, right, And that map has a massive town area that can be great for flamethrowers with those little ledges and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Would you run to that a lot necessarily?
Speaker 1: So look, I think it's fine, It's I probably have the same reaction that a lot of people had with the spitfire. I go, well, there's a bunch of kvs and related items in this VR area already. I'll put it this way, there's nothing about the kV eight that's gonna make it dominant at its tier. But if you like the Russian line, which is already really good, if you want to have a little bit of a change in your play style, because everybody knows the Russian ground, it's pretty much the exact same play style with that VR. This does change things up a little bit and that's nice. So that's what I would say about it. Am I excited, No, Am, I gonna go after it.
Speaker 3: Yes, Yeah, And what I'll say about the flamethrower tanks is I think anyone who's ever used them, I think there's only I think there's only two flamethrower tanks in the game currently, is the TOE fifty five, which is the eight to zero Russian Premium, which is a T fifty five with the retro fitted flamethrower on it. I think it's pretty good. But yeah, like Rev said, it's kind of whatever. It's They don't really get kills with it more than once every couple hours unless you're really seeking them out. I've gotten a couple of good double kills here and there on like spas or open top guys, but it's very situational I will say it doesn't hurt you to have a flamethrower, which is nice usually. So for example, the Churchill Crocodile was the original battle Pass tank from I forgot the name of the battle Pass, but there was. That was the one of the AH one g A one h A. Yeah, the the Vietnam era attack plane, and it had the Churchill Crocodile, and it had the Zippo riverboat for America. And you know, the flame throwers are cool, but yeah, in terms of usability, they're more of a gimmick than anything, as long as they don't hinder you. I think the main issue with this tank is gonna be the fact that they did it does it does actually kind of hinder you because it does replace a gun that you that used to be pretty damn good, even pinning low tier low tier German be like, is.
Speaker 1: The what's essentially the second gun if you're using a T six and similar br you've got that nice one and you got this little, you know, pea shooter attached to the side, and now the KVE eight is so you're gonna have the good armor that the heavy tanks have for Russia, because they do have a really good armor for the era.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh. In terms of weak points, again, I don't have it yet.
Speaker 1: I'm going to assume you're gonna have a massive weak spot on your front plate now though, where your flamethrower is, which again.
Speaker 2: Pretty it's actually andard slash predictable.
Speaker 3: It's actually coming out of your mantlet, so it's coming out of your your actual dirret, which is kind of neat. It's unlike the church. Yeah, so the crocodile it comes out of your front plate, but this one comes out of your gun manlant, which is pretty cool. So yeah, it'll have the survivability of a normal, normal kV series tank, which is nice. You're just gonna have less firepower and a very situational flame thrower. You know. Some people like to use the flame throwers for like visual concealment, because you could it really kicks up a lot of fire. But also also depends on what quality you play. If people have their particle distancy or density turned down, if they're playing ultra low, then it might not even work. And as we saw yesterday on my stream, usually the first time you use a flamethrower, it's gonna damn near crash. Your game. But once it does that, then you're fine. But yeah, it got it got me killed yesterday.
Speaker 2: It's funny.
Speaker 1: I made a clip on his channel where his FBS was between one fifty in the match.
Speaker 2: Pretty solid, good job you paid for that big boy ram.
Speaker 1: As soon as you tried to access those assets, you drop down to eighteen fps for that brief second and he died.
Speaker 3: Yeah so yeah, so I But to your point, it.
Speaker 1: Typically only happens like the first time you try to use it as you booted up the game.
Speaker 2: But I run into that. Yeah, it's very annoying.
Speaker 3: So yeah, if you get this thing the.
Speaker 2: Main issue, have you not brought it up yet? Scream it.
Speaker 3: I gotta get at least ten minutes into the pods before we talk shit about Russia again. Okay, My main complaint, and I think that's everyone's gonna main complaint, isn't gonna be the uniqueness of this vehicle. It's not going to be the fact that it's a kV or has a flamethrower. The main complaint is gonna be the fact that America doesn't freaking get a flamethrower tank and we had you know, someone might be able to quote me if I'm wrong, but just quickly going over it, and from my basic knowledge, we had the largest number of mass produced and put in the service flamethrower tanks across multiple wars and any other countries ever had. Every single country in World War Two had some sort of flamethrower tank. Why is Russia getting their second flamethrower tank when some countries that use them way more don't have a single one. And like, before I get into what America had, because you know people are going to say, well, I'm America, I'm biased, Let's talk about other countries. Other countries. Germany had like eight different flamethrower tanks. Italy had the little L three version with the flamethrower.
Speaker 2: You know, hious, that would be so funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it happen like it was exactly like people would love people love the L three. It's everyone's goofy favorite stupid little tank. That's the hideous Italian.
Speaker 2: Like TikTok scrolls and Instagram reels.
Speaker 1: Have you said, just that thing being goofy, dripping like a tiger.
Speaker 3: I exactly being silly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the flamethrower would actually make that more fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like what would like, come on, everyone's used a kV series tank. That's fine. No one loves the kV like they love the L three. Put the flame version of the L three in. People are gonna love that. Put it on a low BI. I don't know if that version replaced the main gun with the flame thrower. Even if it did, put it out a low put it at reserve. So many people are gonna be driving around just launching flames at each other like it's the medieval times. It's gonna be fantastic, like like, that's one example. You know. Japan, Sorry, go ahead, well you got the M three, Yeah, the M three US. Yeah, so yeah, that.
Speaker 2: Was in the MANTLEAD as well. I mean, I get, yeah, there's options.
Speaker 3: There's so many options. Japan had a Hago version with the flamethrower. Like I said, Germany had all loads of flamethrower tanks. Britain had flamethrower tanks.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Russia did have the kvs. They also had T thirty four's and the TOE fifty five which is in game, and they had T twenty six version two, which is a little bitty T twenty six. They had a flamethrower as well. The Canadians had a version of the Canadian Ram that had a flamethrower on it, you know, and then that's not that's just talking about World War Two. I mean America also had an M forty eight which was with the flamethrower, the N forty eight patent. It was called the M sixty seven zippo, and they had a version of the M one one three personnel carrier with the flame thrower. And then the main the main dog is the the Sherman Zippo. There were so many Sherman zippos out there, and why are they so against giving America some of their coolest We've talked about this on on the podcast before, but how they have such an issue with bringing in cool like like gameplay things and not giving it to the Sherman that had it more than anything. A perfect example outside of the flamethrower is the Sherman with the with the with the bulldozer blade. Why do we not have a Sherman with the bulldozer blade either? Like what's happening? Like it's I I try not to talk about Russian bias, but why are you gonna give a second country their most boring flamethrower tank when you could give another country their first flamethrower tank, especially something MEMI like an L three or an M three Stewart, or just bring the big dog Sherman zippo in, you know, Like, why are we bringing in the kV eight. Nobody cares. People are gonna get it because it's an event and it's a lower tier event and it has a flamethrower. But come on, it's just a kV Like, I know, I I hate. I'm with you.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: Look, it's a fair criticism, and I'd even go as far as to say, and if Guy Jin decides to listen to this, we appreciate you. But I would even say that if you're bringing in a Russian flamethrower, I personally would have rather had the T thirty four version. Ok. One, it's because the T thirty four is more versatile and usable at low ad mid tiers, it's more common, and maybe that's why they didn't. That actually the same reason I would argue for giving us the Sherman one, because how many of the Shermans, with the exception of the Swedish one, are basically all just copy and paste of each other. Yeah, almost every three point oh four point zero. That era, like, yes, you do it up with the easy eight. Eventually, you know, you get a little bit better with the seventy six. Then down the road you'll get pershings. But there's a lot in that range. In the very beginning, Gale played this game long enough. Remember when Shermans are basically it, that was all that you had.
Speaker 2: Now y'all got more variety. Please enjoy it if new player.
Speaker 1: But when Ground first came out, basically the US three was, hey, you will be ranked two through ranked four.
Speaker 2: I guess what you're in a Sherman.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's like five thousand different copies of it, So I would love to see them just hey, you go do something like this.
Speaker 2: Awesome, But that's almost sound too simplistic, like ask somebody.
Speaker 1: Like I'm telling you there other options beside the cav one that would have gotten voted as joint.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I'm gonna be honest. Every now and then when these events come out and it's like, you know, it's we're not the only people in the world. It's not like Wikipedia is banned, you know at the Guidgen office, like we're not the only people that can use Wikipedia. We they have to know that these other flame tow flamethrower tanks exist. Why are they gonna why the cav Like they have to understand the memes with some of these other low tier tanks, like the L three flamethrower. L three would probably be the fan favorite of this whole year, like it gets because.
Speaker 1: It's also running into that issue with I actually appreciate about war thunders. They do try to be as realistic as you can in a video game that includes everything from Arcade to sim So maybe from a balancing perspective that al through the flamethrower.
Speaker 2: Would be a little bit too ridiculous at low maybe it would.
Speaker 1: Maybe they've tested, they went, hey, this thing got thirty kills, five assists, and three caps.
Speaker 2: It never died.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but I will say this, even if the argument is that that still doesn't change the Sherman argument, or or the T thirty four argument or any of these other ones, because we have that already in things like the Crocodile and now this kV eight. Yeah, So I guess all we're really doing is, oh man, our lobster's to buttery or why so beautiful? Like we're so blessed with all these great things. You're not giving me enough of the great things. But I mean, truthfully, I do think there could have been better choices. And I've always seen these events in war thunder as they're specifically designed to pull golden eagles out of.
Speaker 3: The community for sure, right, yeah, which is fine.
Speaker 1: But you know, as we've talked about four, how many people are doing all eight milestones through grinding alone. Even if you just pick up one or two, that's bringing a thousand to two thousand golden eagles out of the general populace, which helps keep the price points of other items where they are. Right, Why does that harrier cost eight thousand golden eagles? Because they have events that take out your golden eagles, Meaning you're not sitting there with one hundred thousand unless you're just really really rich.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of time on your hands.
Speaker 1: And that's so I just all that said, if you're making those type of events, you would probably want the more exciting items.
Speaker 2: That makes me want to spend my.
Speaker 3: Golden eagles exactly.
Speaker 2: And I'm not saying don't do the events. I'm just saying, give me a better item.
Speaker 3: And then, and if you saw the kV eight you know dev blog come out today and you're like, well, I thought it was kind of cool. Don't don't don't be like maybe I shouldn't think it's cool. If you think it's cool, you think it's cool. And I don't think it's lame. I just think it was a missed opportunity to give another country a flamethrower tank that could have been way more exciting for a larger player base. It just seems like, you know, someone at Guigen gave the go ahead for the event vehicle to be a flamethrower tank and they're like kV eight or you know, like, oh, come on, you know, let's think about it for a second. But you know, maybe Guigen has a little bit of maybe they know more than we do, I would imagine about developing their own game, and maybe they have a reason for it. But I just I've been waiting for a flame thrower tank for America or another country for a while, and it is kind of sad to see a second one going to a country that already had one. But you know, it is what it is, and I would still recommend getting it. I always recommend putting a little bit of time in. You know, I'll make sure you don't miss the event. Vehicles even though they if they might not go for a lot. Speaking of the previous event that we talked about, the F six C, it is now available to be sold on the marketplace. A fair example of how much they're going for. It's about thirteen dollars.
Speaker 2: What are you doing? And that's only going to rise?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, it's only going to go up, So it's going to get higher.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so now do some Maybe you're out there and you don't care, like I have mine and I just like having it. But yeah, how much time and Golden Eagles did you spend to get that thirteen or eventually thirty? And I think that one's gonna go you'll go, wait another four six months.
Speaker 2: That's gonna be a nice pay point.
Speaker 3: I bet it'd be twenty five dollars and six months or something like that. But yeah, so like it's still worth getting. It's still worth you know, grinding out in my opinion, because it is a unique vehicle. And if you're someone who plays this game all the time and you've never done an event before and you're trying to think, I'm definitely going for it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: If if you're.
Speaker 3: Wondering, if this is my first event, should I do it? I always recommend just put a little bit of time in and do it, because you know, I've been playing this game for almost thirteen years now, and I will tell you there are some events I missed out on that I hate missing it. Every day that I see someone using it, I'm like, oh, I could have had that if I just put a little bit of time in. So the fomo is real, put the time in, get it. I think it's definitely worth getting. It is a unique one. At least it's different. It's not a correct copy paste. It's better than the battle Pass. It's you know, it's at least it's unique in some sort of way. You know, it's and.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I'm torn on that one, but yeah, I get where you're coming from. Like and there, I know a lot of our viewers, like she's in my community and yours. I swell if she's huge on the Russians, she's probably super excited with today's announcement because that's all she does is play mid tier Russians.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: So a hop I hope, I hope nobody heard the past like ten minutes like, oh, they just hate the kvaight.
Speaker 2: No, no, it's not about the kV eight.
Speaker 3: It's just about wanting more missed opportunity.
Speaker 2: I will go after the KB eight right like I want it.
Speaker 1: I think the only argument I really come is you look at like a Sherman flamethrower. I just think that would be used more than a KB eight flamethrower. Like, yeah, I guess the question I asked to you out there, if y'all are watching or listen to this podcast, reach out to us or put the comments on YouTube, would you actually add this to your lineup? That's the key one for me is what makes a plane, tank, warship, et cetera good and war thunder is whether it's an event vehicle a battle pass vehicle.
Speaker 2: Would you add it to your lineup? The spitfire we talked about.
Speaker 1: I get why people get disgruntled by it, but I would also have it in my air lineup. The KVE eight will be unlocked, used for hey, let me check out this cool thing I have, and then thirteen years later, when we're back here on this podcast, I'm gonna tell you that was the last time.
Speaker 2: I used the kVA flamethrower. Right.
Speaker 1: So that's why I don't see this that big of a deal because I don't see this something that would go anywhere on my load outs. It doesn't matter what I'm really doing. I don't see a situation for it. But at the same time, that doesn't mean it's not worth getting. And that's also just my anecdotal play experience. You might be out there going Nope, Rev, You're wrong. I'm gonna use this KVE eight for three hundred hours to just do nothing but burn you know, A and A see awesome.
Speaker 2: You have great time?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have a great time. I yeah. It's an event and it's forths getting and if you enjoy it, then you enjoy it. If you don't, then don't do it. But I yeah, it's I just think missed opportunities. I think Guy has been hitting that on the nose a lot lately as missed opportunities. But they're focusing on big updates coming soon. So if you guys want to know how to get the event, if this before we get into that, if you've never done an event before, I'll run through how to do it, because I don't know if we know we talk about this with the F six C same sort of concept. It's just a basic it's a basic market distinction event, so it's gonna be all you gotta do is play ground battles. I think rank three or higher I think is usually how it goes right, or use an event vehicle. You can use a lower rank event vehicle if you have a low rank event vehicle, but it's gonna be thirty thousand mission score. So mission score when you're in a game, it's the score next to your name. You've got to get thirty thousand of those. There are some bonuses the playing higher to your stuff, but just thir one thousand mission points, not crazy, thirty thousands, pretty decent amount. You can get that knocked out in a couple hours, even at a lower tier player, I think, and it's going to.
Speaker 1: Be would make One general complaint is if you're going to have something like a KBA be the event vehicle. Again, it's my opinion you leave the Golden Eagle price the same. However, it should have a point system based on where that vehicle is. You know, I think it's silly that, like my J six is the same level of grind as a KB eight, again being like a ranked two, ranked three. If I'm grinding for a four point oh tank, I should not be putting in equal effort to grinding for a ten.
Speaker 2: Point oh tank.
Speaker 3: Okay, interesting, some people.
Speaker 1: Might hate that I just said that, especially if you play high tier and I want my job to be easy. I also do it from the flip side, because if you primarily play nothing but four point zero, it takes.
Speaker 2: A hell of a lot longer to get those milestones done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot.
Speaker 3: Longer, that's fair. Yeah, I honestly I thought you were going down the route of if it's a rank to tank, you should be able to play rank two to get it. That'd be kind of neat because somebody.
Speaker 2: So I also would agree with that.
Speaker 1: I think it's kind of the same conversation, you know, like if we're going to make a baseline for and again, I think everything should be grinding for I think that's one thing war Thunder fans please be appreciative of that these events can be ground out because I come from games where there's a lot of things that there's a paywall and there is no get around the paywall, and so you to buy it or you don't have it.
Speaker 2: So I like that. The CAV eight has both options.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that said, you know, it's not something that we're going to take into you know, I'm not bringing it out with my T A t U D you know what I mean. Like, it's going to stay at its tier, so I think it should have a different grind path for that reason. But again I say that as the mostly low tier guy who spends more time than a high tier player to unlock a lot of these events, because if you score less at mid tier in low.
Speaker 3: Tier, and there also are going to be two decals that you can get with this event and a decoration that you can get with this event too, So those are spread out for the six stages, so you'll need it'll be two days for every stage, spread across canister and it's a fog too smoke canister. And then there's two decals. One that says four four five, which I think is I don't even know, probably whatever like bon Battalion. Oh was the tank number. It was the tank number four four five, So you can get the four four five decal and then srillic text that means nothing to have the player base. So those are your two decals that you can get those are spread out across the sixth the six UH stages. Each stage is two days. You'll need to get thirty thousand mission score each stage, and the first stage is just a trophy with the random award, and then stage two is one of the decals. Stage three is a random award, Stage four is it's the other decal, and then stage five is the smoke canister decoration, and then six is the tank and I'm there is also an upgrade coupon. You'll have to get five one hundred thousand mission score over those twelve days. Good luck. If you want to sell it on the marketplace, that will be the only way that you can sell it. So I think that pretty much covers everything. And if you want to track your progress, it'll be in the hangar at the top right. You'll just click the legend of Victory kV eight thing and it'll take everything you need to know. So if that's your first event, hopefully we covered how to do it, and if it's worth doing to you, I say go for it. I just think it could have been cooler. That's my final little note for it.
Speaker 2: So it could have been cooler, colder.
Speaker 3: Okay, and then you ready final segment, Well, you want to talk about the sales too. The sales also went live.
Speaker 2: The sales did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were I guess i'll in my brain we were hitting that effort. We talked about Infantry.
Speaker 2: Spoiler, Guys and gals, Infantry update.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so look it's May. We might as well say this. Neither of us are pushing you to buy packs. Nope, but May is one of the best most to do that. Yeah, I want to say it's ahead of time. Both of us have got discount links. You want to save you a little bit of money, good, we can help. Also, we both got cool decals. His actually just dropped. It's actually here. It's been about two years me knowing this guy. He's finally got a big out the game. So that's if you make a purchase, use on our code, you get the decal and you save three.
Speaker 3: So if it's not a sale, yeah, that's that's kind of issue. And yeah, so.
Speaker 1: On sales happening May seventh through the fourteenth, the guide in store sales, Go hot, go online.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so at the moment since the last time our last podcast came out April thirtieth, when the sales started, it was a thirty percent discount across all Golden across all nations for like everying modifications, pursing vehicles, purchasing backups, all that stuff that is still going until May seven, So you have until the day after this pot cast comes out. If you haven't bought all this stuff, all your modifications, all your talismans, backups, vehicles that you want to buy, make sure you get that bought because if you're listening to this in the first twenty four hours that came out, you don't have long so make sure you spend what you need to spend in game. However, on May seventh, whenever that sale ends, is when the pack sales going, So we don't know which packs are going to be on sale yet. Don't expect any new packs that came out in the last two to three updates, but the pack sales will go live. So it's usually about a half off. I think it's about yeah, it's a billy. I think it's about fifty percent sale on those pack vehicles. So if there's a pack vehicle that you've been really eyeing and you're like, oh, it's not on the sale, No, it is coming. They always run them in different waves so yes, the pack sale goes live the day after this podcast comes out, so keep an eye on that. Pick up a pack if you want. And yeah, if you use your favorite creators, don't have to be Me or Rev. But if you use, make sure you find someone's creator code.
Speaker 2: It does hold on here lies it has to be Me or Game. No, there is no other creator.
Speaker 3: What do you mean it's just not But yeah, it does. If you're gonna spend, if you're gonna spend money during this sale, use somebody's creator code, ideally mirror Rev, whatever you want. It does support them. If you want to steal a little bit of money from the Snail and give it towards your favorite content creator, even if it doesn't save you three percent, because you won't save three percent if something's on sale, but it does still support the creator. So support your favorite content creator. If you're listening to this, if you're gonna buy something, spread a little bit of love. Guide doesn't need any more of your money. It's fine. You're gonna give it more of anyways, So it's fine.
Speaker 1: Just a snail can't decide they will today.
Speaker 2: They didn't.
Speaker 3: They didn't give us a message after last week, so We're fine. We were saved.
Speaker 1: So for now I'm gonna get a secret DM like, hey, really need to stop podcast?
Speaker 3: Kick off that podcast?
Speaker 2: Yeah, weirdo, you never finished, Roger.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: The speaking of infantry, guess what it also is incomplete the infantry closed beta here in War Thunder.
Speaker 2: Not only is the battle droid that.
Speaker 1: Gail said that he would have standing with a T shirt on by the time we recorded this.
Speaker 3: I didn't say that, but I did say that.
Speaker 2: But infantry beta in war Thunder. Now the positives I'm.
Speaker 1: Going by what people are saying, you know, going by the greater group of what everybody's saying, who are doing the beta testing, full transparency, me and Gail to not do this run because they do it in the middle of the freaking week, and you know that's.
Speaker 2: Not always great.
Speaker 1: However, what we have watched from other content creators and talking to others is number one, does seem like they're making more progress on the actual weapons systems in terms of how fluid they work, how non clunky it feels. You know, if anybody's ever played some really clunky shooters, you know what exactly what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: I've done some more vehicle work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it also is not there yet, and especially when we look at it from the standpoint of stability and lag. And this goes back to what we talked about the first time, which has been over a month by the way, we talked about Imagery. We said, look, it's making great progress, but it doesn't need to be launch.
Speaker 2: Shit, it still needs time.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: And I think my opinion hasn't changed. Not that that's a negative for those who are curious about Infangery. I'm not doubting it. I still think it needs more workforce ready for the greater population to play it, but it has I think you did see progress from this versus the last closed beta, ye what you're looking for?
Speaker 3: Yep? I think, yes, this came out nowhere. It was like they announced it like like twelve hours before it launched it only it only ran for two days last week. Yeah, I didn't play it. I have a wife, kids. Can't just necessarily hop on and run a stream in the middle of the week because they decided to put it on a Wednesday or something, or on Christmas, god forbid. But uh, yeah, their whole focus this update of this, this beta test was removing some inertia feeling from the gunplay, which I think a lot of people probably appreciate that the guns I did hear from my other creators was that they did feel a little bit snappier, that they'd feel a little bit better, a little bit more smooth. I would say my main complaint that I heard from most of my favorite creators is because I hang out more in the North American sphere than I do the European creator sphere, and most North American creators I talked through, the main complaint was the fact that they don't run these tests on in a servers, so it's really hard to feel how good it's gonna be because you're playing at one hundred and fifty two hundred ping. I saw all the North American ccs rubber banding all over the place. The gunplay didn't feel like your rounds were hitting when you were firing them. All the normal guidgen server issues were really really like elevated during this because yeah, they're.
Speaker 2: Definitely tell that it was not a smooth experience.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and not taking shots that they're clearly in beta on, but that's an area we've not seen improvement on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's we talked about that a month ago.
Speaker 1: It's going to need extreme optimization, especially if they want to pull off the huge teams we've been talking about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I also think they announced you could read in this real quick. I forgot about this, but I think they did announce in that last beta release that they are going to be focusing on different game modes that have less people and one have more people, just so there's less bots. Because there were a lot of bots in this beta test too. I mean it seemed like half the kills people were getting, we're just you're just killing bots. They're not bots that are following people around like lost puppies anymore. But they were still populating the servers with bots, like they don't glad.
Speaker 2: They're not using the same bots as they do enable.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So yeah, I think we said this a month ago, six weeks ago, whenever we talked about infantry. I think the infantry could be very good. I think, I mean, we've heard internally from Guidgen that they're putting all their eggs into the infantry basket. That's the reason that creator decals took so long. That's a lot of the reasons that your battle passes and your events aren't as interesting as you'd like them to be, and while some other small things aren't getting tweaked and fixed as fast as they normally did. Is because it's all hands on deck to make sure infantry is getting developed in a timely matter. I imagine they're trying to push it by one of the Fall updates or the Christmas update. You really want to cash in on that on that time of the year. So I think they're all hands on deck to push infantry. I think, honestly, I think the maps look fantastic. I think the I think the the maps, I think the the art style is really good. I think it looks comparable to other Triple A games that are coming out. I think it looks pretty good.
Speaker 1: My issue I hate to just invoke names. It gives very battlefield vibes yesthetically.
Speaker 3: For sure, aesthetically yeah, or square.
Speaker 2: Not mechanically, but aesthetically, Yeah. It definitely gives those vibes.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And I think they only have two maps right now, so obviously they're probably working a lot is behind the scenes work, is probably working on other brs because there was another modern test. I don't know if they've scrapped the idea of starting out Cold War, but I was still in the depression. They'reupposed to start out Cold War, but supposedly it's I it's you know, I don't know. I don't know what's going on, and we've not seen anything of that time period yet. So maybe they're working behind the scenes to make more maps because you're gonna need more than two maps at release, and working on the other brs. But they've not said anything about that yet. But I honestly think it could be good. I think if you would have asked me eight months ago when I thought about Infantry, I said I would have told you it was going to be a massive flop and that they were doing the same mistakes they made with Enlisted and it was gonna be the same rehashed kind of shitty you know gameplay street.
Speaker 2: And he did say that, so don't ask him what he did say it.
Speaker 3: So so now I think they're really every single time they are making improvements, they've gotten a lot, they've gotten the rid of a lot of gripes that people have. It seems like they are listening to the player base, and I think it could be good. We'll have to wait till the next test, we'll see what the next one's gonna be. But I if Guidin is listening to this, I don't know how easy it is, but I would imagine half of the people that are play testing your infantry are North American players, and we would love to feel how good it feels to be a European player for once let us, because it's so hard for us to give feedback on how good it feels when you're running around at one hundred and fifty ping and it feels like your shoe is getting stuck in like wet asphalt every third step and you're getting rubber banded, and when you fire your gun it feels like it's not quite firing when you're firing it. It's like it's hard to really know how good it's gonna feel when you're playing at that ping. And I think it's about time this has been This has been the doctrine that Kayden has done with every event beta test they've ever done. They always run it on just EU servers and it's really tragic, and I think it's about time they change that and they acknowledge some North American players, But that's that's just a small Grape, and they did make improvements that it did look good. They're putting hopefully it keeps the game alive. Obviously, this game is not dying. It's one of the most fifteen most played games in the world. It's not going to just die. But I think we probably need Infantry to be majorly successful if we want our favorite game or one of your favorite games to keep going for another decade. We really need this to be good, and I'm glad that they're acknowledging that and they're putting the effort in to make it as good as they possibly can. So that's just that's my.
Speaker 1: Fact what Gail said, we needed to be as good as me and Gail you are are as a restart on a new game.
Speaker 2: Keep it together, guys.
Speaker 3: We also I am seeing that there was a there was a leak from I think the game files. If you're wondering going back to the uh the event tank, I just had someone send me this. The stat card has been leaked for the new event. It seems like the caveate is gonna be three point seven. It looks like for for realistic battles, so I was expecting like three three. It'll be about three seven, So just a little bit of a cliff from we.
Speaker 2: Get three three arcade.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so there you go. That's my that's my opinion. My opinion on infantry hasn't really changed, but I'm glad it's not getting worse. Same opinion. But no, no negatives, I don't think.
Speaker 2: Just bring down the room.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: And if you're watching this and you haven't died of depression, we appreciate you. No all for serious though, we do appreciate y'all. Hopefully you enjoy this podcast. We certainly enjoy making it. And yeah, y'all are freaking awesome. That's all we can really say. We have almost at two hundred followers, which is pretty cool. If you haven't hit that on the sub subscribe button on YouTube, do that. And if you're listening to Spotify, work to three reviews, now out to all you spaw.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's awesome. How many people are listening on the audio formats? You have that number on the top of your head. But yeah, we appreciate you guys. The last episode did very well. It seems like it's going to surpass the one before it. Every episode seems like it's doing even better than the one before. It, So thank you guys so much. We appreciate all the comments too. We have a lot of cool comments from people we might not necessarily hear about on our streams every week. So if you guys are guys that just listen to the podcast, we appreciate your comments more than you know. We try to reply to every comment, and we appreciate the feedback. Your feedback gives us stuff to talk about, gives us a different a different perspective because there are so many people that play this game, and there are so many people that have a unique perspective. No matter where you started out, what country you started, when you started, how much you've played your everyone's got a different perspective, and we would love to hear your perspective about anything that we ever talked about. So thank you guys so much for all the comments that you leave and all yeah, all the thumbs up, all the all the watch time and leave more and leave more. We want more comments.
Speaker 2: Yes, Home, Merciless Raper, snipe all of you. I'm calling you out. Yeah, I want five comments from all of you people who are listening.
Speaker 1: Still everybody's else turned off by now, but y'all calling you out?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we appreciate you. Thank you so much for episode six of the podcast. So we will see you guys next week for another one, maybe for a guest. We might have a surprise guest next week too, so you have that to look forward to. Maybe we'll see if he shows up.
Speaker 2: Is it the president?
Speaker 3: Is it the president? The President? What guidge, I'll work on that. Does his translator come with him or you want or you google it on the way? What do you want?
Speaker 2: Okay, well guess they'll have to be here next Get.
Speaker 3: Your a Babbel subscription, going learn Russian. We're getting guidging on next week. Okay, we will. We'll see you guys next week, next week the podcast. Thank guys for listening once again, and think you guys. Hope you guys enjoy the event, and we'll see you guys next week. M