Speaker 1: It's nice eyes.
Speaker 2: I'm going easy Boston News Radio.
Speaker 3: All right, I want to finish up with distracted driving Bob from Glouces to Hell through the news. So before we go to the twentieth hour, we will just play a little overtime here at the ten o'clock hour. What you can do, Rob is put Bob's call into the ten o'clock hour. Let's go to Bob in Gloucester. I'm assuming it's distracted driving Bob, right.
Speaker 4: Yes, I was driving back to school. This is some fifty years ago, and I got a ticket on the highway and outside of Binghamton, and so I went back to college and dug up some information about highway safety and all this stuff. And so I went back to Barhamton for the court appearance, and I went looking for the courthouse and it turned out to be this guy's little trailer burgo whole trailer, and the judge lived in the trailer. So I was like, I was kind of spooking at night too. I said, I got any folk, come on in. So the big fluffy, overstuffed chair where I sat, and then a big over said sofa where he sat at the other end, and the cat sat next between us. So I started going on about highway safety and this and that and you know, and how much everything should cost. And he was very patient and then and then finally he said, well, I have a story. He says, when I was about your age, which would have been about twenty twenty five, he says, I was driving up outside and we had a good time in town, and and I don't know what happened, but I was so drunk. I went over at a kind of a ledge or whatever, and he ended up in a lake with the front of the car pointing straight up, in the back of the car was in the in the water. This is like a model key car.
Speaker 3: This is a judge.
Speaker 4: Now, this is a judge. Taught me the story. Yeah, I said, this is kind of a cool experience. And so so then I said, well, oh, he says, but you know, your story is a good story. But I don't see any thing in my jurisdiction that could let you out of this ticket with just doing that kind of the study and being a good guy and showing how much stuff costs and proposal and all that stuff. So that's a good idea. But and then he says, let me give you an idea of what I'm looking for. He says, would you happen to have a headlight out on your car? So I said, well, no tail light though, I said, okay, well I'm going to let you plead guilty to a lesser charge. And it saved me a ton of points, you know, and U So I was happy, and I was ac static that I had this experience in the middle of almost in the middle of them. It was lovely, it was dark.
Speaker 3: What school were you there?
Speaker 4: Experience? So about to meet you on the radio, Dan, It's unbelievable. You're a legend.
Speaker 3: What what sort of what sort of what school were you going to up there that you got? University of Buffalo? All right, all right, okay, that's great school.
Speaker 4: I still kind of hang out there a little bit.
Speaker 3: What you but you're calling from Gloucester. Well, Bob, this is your first time call. This is your first time called. Is this your first time these nights, it's amazing how many new first time calls we get. I really appreciated you taking the time to call, Bob. Thank you so much, and I look forward to your second call here on night side. Okay, thank you, thank you very much. All Right, now we're going to go to the twentieth hour. Okay, the clock has started on the twentieth hour, Rob, you can put him put Bob's story attached it to the to the eleven and this is now our twentieth hour, and I will just want to take a moment for those who do not know what the twentieth hour is. The end of the week. We always try to pick a topic which maybe make people think through the weekend. Okay, and I have a topic in mind. I'm going to get to that. But first, as always, I like to let you know what we've talked about this week. It's almost an opportunity for you to reflect on how much you've missed and how much you've heard here on Night Side. We started talking this week on Monday night at eight o'clock with Major General retired Robert dz about the situation of the Middle East. Talk with Jeff Bellows about blue bikes being free the next I think a few days, talk with Jason Rohner about Project Skydrop. He was the guy that put the beautiful for twenty six thousand dollars gold vays that someone found up in Irving, Massachusetts. Talk with Kevin Kadeima. I hope that's pronounced from Aki Weather about Hurricane Milton. Talked with Carrie White of Milton about the MBTA Community Act, which was heard by the SJAC on Monday, talk with Jason Greenberg the first anniversary of Tennis on October the seventh, he flew back. He had five members of a family who were impacted by October seventh, two of whom were killed, two of whom were held captive, two children who were released last late last year, and his cousin who was still being captive. And we talked to in the eleven o'clock hour about that as well. During Tuesday, we talked with Kelly Lynn Marquis about what dog shows can teach us. Talk with Sean Dahl about space weather northern lights. We saw some of those the last few nights. I guess I'd looked out last night. I couldn't see a thing. Talk with Massachusetts Fire Marshall John Davin about Fire Prevention Week, and talk with Adam O'Brien about the bankruptcy of FT six FTX. Remember Sam bankmin freed, the guy who's spend a lot of time in jail. Apparently some of the people who were defrauded, are actually going to get a good portion of their money back? Did an hour with Matt Hills about the MCAST and why the MCAST graduation requirement is a good thing. Question two. Talk with poster Dave Paleologus about the latest obviously that on Tuesday night we were four weeks from the big election twenty twenty four Wednesday night. Talked about Breast Cancer Awareness Month with doctor Harold Bernstein. Talk with Alberto Vassalo about the president and CEO of El Munda Boston. Talked about the passing of the Great Louis Tiant, a good friend of mine as well, a really good guy. Talk with Matt Belk of ACI Weather about not of fact you weather with the National Welfare National Weather Center down in Norton about Hurricane Milton, which was hitting at that very moment. Talk with Nicole Puso about a b free clothing drive for folks who have disabilities. And talk with nine o'clock hour Kelly Doner, she's a Republican candidate for state Senate down on the South coast about this EBT card abuse. We did an hour of a tribute to Louis till on to ten and at eleven, we talked with We talked about a controversial interview which should not have been controversial, which a CBS Morning Guy Tony de Cooppolo. I thought to Coppel did a really good job. We talked. You can listen to any of these, by the way, this weekend, just go to Nightside in Demand. And then last night talked with Chad Finn of The Boston Globe about a new Celtics book nineteen forty six to president. Talk with John Lenihan, President and CEO of Zoo New England. You can donate your cell phone your use cell phones that actually help the planet. Talk with doctor Roger Korb Coorb about Sober October. Roger Koub excuse me, talk to George Koob, I'm reading it incorrectly here. Talk with George Coop about Sober October. And talk with doctor Helen McKibben about World Mental Health Day. Talked last night with Steve Clark at the Mass Restaurant Association about question five they reposed to that question. You can listen to that over the weekend as well. You can listen at any of these hours on Nightside on demand dot com. Talk with Linda Ugelo about glossophobia, which is a fear of public speaking. And we talked about the political fight over the hurricane relief efforts in Florida and elsewhere, not only in Florida primarily, but elsewhere as well. Then tonight we talked with Dianne Bear of the Boston Globe about a bagelfest in New York with An Hadley about that one hundred innings baseball game that will start tomorrow at nine o'clock at adams Field and Quincy. If you're interested, talk with Kelly Bulkeley about dream analysis. We will have doctor Kelly Bulkeley on at some point so you can talk with him as well. Talk with Lieutenant Rndy Sutton about scams that are now going on for taking advantage of people getting them to contribute money to help hurricane victims. And guess what, if you're going to make a contribution, make it to a charity that you're familiar with, whether it's the American Red Cross, the Salvation Army, Samaritans Purse. There are a lot of great organizations out there. Nine o'clock hours tonight, we talked about getting cell phones out of kids hands while they were in school. We had a great, great conversation with an eleven year old Rosie from Everett. Her mom called in really interesting young lady, and we talked last hour about distract the driving. When we come back, I'm going to talk about an interesting experience I had this afternoon. I'm not going to tell you where, but I am going to tell you the story. And I want to know how many of you identify with how I felt at the end of the story, or how the person I dealt with at the end of the story. I want to get right back to this, so I don't want to break up the train of thought. But this is one that I hope will light up the phone lines because I feel really strongly about it. This is not a traditional twentieth hour story. This is a story that I thought, said to me, people are giving up, Americans are giving up. That's the question I have. And my question to you is are you giving up? I'll tell the story and then I'll ask you to apply the story to your life. I hope no one in this audience is giving up, as this woman seemed to suggest to me today she was. I'll explain it coming back on night Side.
Speaker 2: Now back to Dan Ray Live from the Window World night side studios. I'm WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 3: Okay, do you remember the movie Animal House when John Belush she was rallying the members of Animal House and he talked about giving up, and he toured them and he said, did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Now he was not correct historically, obviously. However, however, he raised a question of when do we give up as a country. So today I met a woman who I thought was giving up, and I'm going to tell you the story. I'll tell it to you quickly, and I want to hear if you have the same reaction to it. I'm in a supermarket this afternoon. Okay, I'm not going to tell you the name of the supermarket. It doesn't matter. They're all the same. They all are getting rid of the lines with cashiers because they want to have us go to all these machines and they I guess this is probably some venture capital or equity company that comes in and organizes efficiency. So anyway, there's only two lines open, and very reluctantly, which I never do, I do very rarely. I needed to get back here to do the four thirty, to do something at four thirty I reluctantly went through the checkout do it yourself checkout line, which is frustrating. Okay, I don't like it. I think I'm taking someone's job away. So a woman, maybe my age are a little younger, but certainly someone who should have known better, came over and said, you know, how do you like the machine? The system? I said, I think it's horrible. He said, it's taking jobs away from people. So her reaction was, well, you know, what are we supposed to do? I said, well, I said, I'm only amusing it because they only have two. What they do is they force you. They force you because they are not enough clerks or cashier lines where you can actually go through and have a conversation with someone. You got to go and use the machines that are there, which again saves them money and you're doing their work. So the conversation continued, and I said, you're going to make me a customer of another supermarket. Oh, why would you do that? They're all the same, I said, Well, I don't know if they're all the same, but I'm not happy with this one, I said. And I'm not happy. It's a story that I go to regularly I'm not happy with your app. She had the same attitude. She said to me, well, their app is just as bad as our app. This is like a representative of the store. And I'm saying, well, that's really not a way to sell me on the store. I mean, I may go try the other store, because I know that your app stinks, and I don't like the idea of being forced to check out my own items here in the supermarket. But I'm not going to stand in line for thirty minutes when you should have three or four lines open. So finally, she said to me, well, what are we supposed to do? She says, it's inevitable, And this is the line that killed me. She said, Europe's doing it. They're doing it all over the world. We can't resist. And I thought to myself, what a pathetic approach to I said, how long you worked here? She hadn't worked there that long. Her spirit was broken, probably in about less than a year. She's probably not listening tonight. I'm not going to mention the store. I'm not going to mend her name, mentioned her name. I'm not going to do that. I don't ever do. But I felt really sorry for her because I thought, your spirit is broken. Your spirit is broken. You have a job, you work for this company, and as opposed to agreeing with a customer and saying, you know what, I actually agree with you. But it's my job and I'm going to try to do as good a job as I can. No, the spirit was broken. So here's the question. Is your spirit broken? Are you giving up? I don't know in what context? Are you giving up because your job is horrible? Is your giving up? Are you giving up? And you're not going to vote in the election because it doesn't make a difference. But if you've given up, if you were with John Belushi an animal house, of course not. We never give up. We're Americans. We should lead the world. We don't have to follow the world. And I just had that instinct today talking to this poor bedraggled woman working in a supermarket on a Friday afternoon, and all she could say is it's useless. We're gonna have to follow the The whole world is doing this, meaning the whole world is going to automation. It may or may not be true. It may or may not be true, but I think that there is a way for us to fight. It is a way for us to be Americans first, last and always. Whatever the world's in trouble, they call on us. They don't give up. We don't. We don't give up. So that's what I want to talk about. Six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty, triple eight nine to nine, ten thirty. I want to know, amongst my leg my nightside listeners, have you given up or are you willing to fight for what you believe in, whether it's having cashiers at your local supermarket and not seeing their jobs liquidated by some private equity company that has come in and bought the company. We've all seen it happen, all of us. You know, when we started working, many of us of my vintage thirty or twenty five or forty years ago, there was a human resources in your building, and if you had a problem with your insurance, if you had a problem of any sort, you went to the human resources office. Now, just about every company in America there's one human resource person for however many companies, and they live halfway across the country. I'm not given up. I'm not happy about it, but I'm telling you right now we have to turn this around in America. It's as simple as that. If we're going to roll over and be played dead like the rest of the world, who is going to save the rest of the world when the time comes to save the rest of the world. Who was going to save our lifestyle? Who was going to pass on our lifestyle to our kids? We cannot give up? Remember the words of Belushi. Did we give up? With the Germans? Bomb? Pearl Harbor a little off historically, but I loved the spirit of Animal House. Buck in Gloucester.
Speaker 4: Hi, Buck, how are you hey?
Speaker 5: Dan?
Speaker 6: I'm super And that was an incredible line in Animal House, wasn't it.
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 6: And yeah, buddy, listen when you read what you have for the whole program, it's unbelievable. And I tell you you're in a league of your own. There's nobody in the nation that does what you do as wonderful as you do. We're lucky to have you based in Boston and this area.
Speaker 3: Way too kind Buck, but I appreciate.
Speaker 6: It's not hyperbole, Pale, But yeah, no, I've not given up in any way. And we're the same age about you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: And d.
Speaker 6: But you know what, I'll share this though, the most riveting I think I've ever heard. It was it Bob Goldberg. It was his last name, Goldberg, who his relatives were killed.
Speaker 3: In Jason Goldberg. Yes, Jason, thank you.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry. It's Jason. Yeah. And that was probably in all the years I've gotten to listen to you, that was probably the most riveting I can ever ever remember. And if you, if could I just say that Christmas is seventy seven, my sister and my.
Speaker 3: By the way, we were both mistaken. It's Jason Greenberg. I apologize Greenberg. I have a friend, I have a couple of friends whose last name of Goldberg, but no, it's Jason Greenberg. And in Boston he had five relatives who were impacted by October seventh in Israel, two of whom who were killed, an eighty year old grandmother, her twelve year old granddaughter, two children taken captive who were ultimately released, but their dad is still in captivity, his cousin, and that's why he's going back, and he went back on Thursday yesterday.
Speaker 6: I would like to share very briefly why this touches me a little bit more than most Americans. Happened to be Christian, but I went to the Holy Land's Christmas of seventy seven, my sister and my two parents. Okay, I was living in New York. They were coming from a native of Maryland. But when I was there, we were with a group and we went to this one location to have lunch. And I saw guys playing basketball. And I played in college, you know. I said to my mother, I said, I'm gonna go. I don't want much, I'm gonna go play basketball. And I played pickup. I played pickup basketball these guys, like it was in New York City where I was living at the time, right and uh. And then there was groups of soldiers wherever you were, you know, going and uh, I.
Speaker 3: Said, soldiers.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, uh huh yeah. And when I got off, when we landed at Tel Aviv, right yeah, I mean yeah, Well there was a soldier with a machine gun. I mean, you don't see that in America back then. Okay, So I said to my sister Deborah, said, Deborah, I want to take a picture with them. So I said, can I take a picture with you guys? And just like you're indicating, I thought they might we're on duty. We're on duty.
Speaker 7: No way.
Speaker 6: I went to they said, yeah, come here, I'm six five. They put their arms around you and everything. It was just great. So yeah, yeah they did and and and what it did is they know that I was an American and they had this bond with America. They know it. And then and then the last thing, we were in a hotel, Okay, and there was a party going on and we politely well, you know, I just looked in. I was politely watching, Hey, wait for us to come on in, come on in and dance. And I went in. I was dancing with these fantastic people, beautiful women, them twenty seven years old. But you see, this is this is why with the love that I got from being in Israel, Okay, that's why I could picture myself being at that party. If I happened to be there, I would be so welcomed to dance and and enjoy myself. I could have been mowed down like all of those people. You know, I don't, Yeah, I don't feel that. It's it distracted from me. I had identified more because of that. Now my sister, God bless hers, he's passed on still my parents, so that trip was more beneficial or more pressure than ever, you know what I mean. And and I really love our Yeah, I really love our Jewish brethren. And there's every Friday a friend of mine in New Jersey's he's pretty devout, you know, as a Jew, and we always give a messagebat shaloon. Okay, every every Sunday we met him work and we've done that all not that every Sunday, every Sabbath of their Friday, you know. But thanks for letting me share that. But and I appreciate it. And and Dan, you do such a dog one good job. No one should ever take you for granted. Okay, and you keep up the great work.
Speaker 3: All right, good night, but have a great weekend. And again kapoor to our Jewish listeners. Again, we can't give up. We can't give up. We have too much. We can't give up. And I felt so sorry for the woman who I spoke with today because her spirit had been sapped. It was like, she says, what use? She says, the whole world is now going in this direction. She's absolutely correct, But we have to we have to stand strong and do it whatever way we want in America, because as I say, if we give up, who will the world called call on the next time that there's a dictator? Who wants to roll over countries were the world's last best hope. And I just felt today in talking to this woman, I said, I hope that whatever Malise she has been infected by, and whether she's been beaten down from other jobs, but just to think that, well, the rest of the world is doing and so we have no choice. We always have a choice. Back on night Side, here comes the news at the bottom of the art. Let's keep it rolling.
Speaker 2: You're on night Side with Dan Ray on w Boston's news radio.
Speaker 3: Okay, back to the phones we go. Let me go to Nick in Boston.
Speaker 5: Nicky, how you doing good? I just want the good. I just want to first day, I agree with Buck do you. I love everything you guys do. I think you do a great job. But yeah, no, as far as the uh you know, self checkouts and and and all the other automation, uh, I think I think everybody's blind to the bigger picture and uh, you know, just it just puts money in and the bigger guy's pockets, and you know, eventually everybody's nobody's gonna have a job and be able to support their families, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I just think that it is it's sad to see. And I was really sad. Uh, you know, talking to this woman today, I just thought to myself, do you she gave up? She's given up. She's just waiting for the company to tell her that, you know, she no longer is needed. That they they're putting more you know, you know, house self service machines so that none of the customers will will ever deal with a clerk or someone of the cash writers are get.
Speaker 5: Right right, and she's given out, and she's probably thinking, well, you know, I have a job. It's like, okay, well you do now, I mean for about five ten years in the future, I mean, and then what are you gonna do?
Speaker 6: You know what I mean?
Speaker 5: We need these jobs, you know, you know, it's just people gonna need need a way to support their families. And you know, I don't think AI. Yes, it's convenient at times, but it really does nobody better than you know, the big guys, the big companies, the corporations, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and again, we can't roll over as a country. I mean we have to find that. You know, if if every supermarket is saying to themselves, we're going to put in self service machines and again, whatever it is. I mean, there are things that make sense. I can remember when they took the toll boots out of the Massachusetts Turnpike. Okay, okay, you didn't need to stand in line while people were getting change for their fifty cent toll. But look, why not give the customers a choice if the customers want to go through the traditional line, have enough line so the customers are comminated. Don't give up yet, and right, well, I'm.
Speaker 5: Glad, and you're right, and you're right. They do force you. They force you. It's busy, and they only got two cashiers open. You know, there's a line of ten people, and then the self check. Because I'm with you, I refuse to use them unless you know, I mean, there's times you go in these stores and there's no cash heres. It's crazy to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've gone into recently to a CBS and there's no cashier, and then they'll be you'll see, you'll see an employee and you'll say the cash is done for the day. I wanted to use the automatic machine. No, I don't want to use the automatic machine. I'd like to be cashed out and then somewhat reluctantly. They'll come over and they'll say, you have a CVS card. Yes, yes, that's some problems. They're laying people off. This is all These are the tonight Boeing ten ten percent of their workforce laid off.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's it's sad.
Speaker 6: It's sad.
Speaker 5: Well, we got to keep fighting and fight by getting by getting the message out.
Speaker 6: I'm hoping that Rob.
Speaker 3: I'm hoping that Rob can find the John Belushi cut about the German's bomb bombing Pearl Harbor. I don't know if you can do that, Rob, but if you can find that, I think we need that to to get everyone's spirits back in back in order.
Speaker 8: Here, Okay, there you go.
Speaker 3: All right, Nick, thank you so much for your call. I appreciate it, my friend. Never give up. We won't quit. I won't quit. Good night, keep on keep going here. Let me see where we're gonna go next to Joe and Lynn. Joe, I hope you never give up.
Speaker 7: No, I have mixed feelings, but let me tell you a good thing. First, Market Basket, the head of the Market Basket called me up after I had I lost my toilet paper. I forgot to get it out of the you know the thing. When they were helping me, one of their managers came and brought it to me. And that's unusual. And I said, I got to call this guy and thank him.
Speaker 3: I successful. Every time I've been to market Basket, I don't see any of those stupid self check out machines.
Speaker 7: No, I mean they do. They do have a few problems then, like some people can't speak English. And mister Dumoise thanked me and he said, if you ever have any problem, you just write us or call us. And I'm going to make a few suggestions because they have an ATM now in one of the banks with a telephone if you don't have an earphone, and I'm going to suggest that because market Basket ATM has an earphone, they don't charge you for taking money out. And that's a compliment. I'm going to thank him, but more a wonderful story. I hate these self services.
Speaker 3: I know there.
Speaker 7: I went into a CBS to get batteries. There was only one person in there. I can't believe it. It used to be full and McDonald's was the same way. There's a McDonald's in Boston. They have the robots now. It's horrible. Dan, I just wanted to let you know, thank you very.
Speaker 3: Much, Joe. We can't quit. It's as simple as that.
Speaker 7: Okay, I know, but voting it's another thing. I have mixes. But all right, I'll let you go. Thanks, thank you, have a great weekend.
Speaker 3: We'll talk soon. Okay, thanks, Joe, appreciate it. Let me get Laurie in here. We can't quit, Laurie. We cannot quit.
Speaker 9: No, we can't.
Speaker 10: And so part of me thinks that everything that's all hot and magic goes around comes around. The are going to suffer with this stuff.
Speaker 5: And I don't like.
Speaker 10: I don't like abusing the people who have been there and done there and done work for all these years to some stupid machine, which really, if you use those those automatic machines, there's always somebody that has to just sit there and baby sit them. Every way, why not exactly.
Speaker 3: But what they're doing is that they have one person who's babysitting for all of these people, and going through the machine sometimes is not as fast as waiting.
Speaker 5: In the line would be.
Speaker 3: Everybody would be happy. You don't have market basket out in Idaho, but we have.
Speaker 10: But I miss it.
Speaker 6: I do miss it.
Speaker 3: Oh my God, and guess what this staying true to the values and they will be rewarded in the long run.
Speaker 8: By yes, that's my point.
Speaker 10: I think everything kind of comes around. And I'm just gonna say really quickly, your Rosy hour was amazing. Unfortunately I was attached to the stove and I couldn't call. But you know, you're missing one big component of that hour or that interview was not just her and her mom, but you.
Speaker 6: So there you go, Laura.
Speaker 3: I so appreciate it. I was. I was amazed because I've had parents, you know, put children on the phone before, and oftentimes it's like very quiet and monosyllabic answers. She was just the opposite. She was so confusing. And I'd like to take that interview, that that phone call and just say this is the best of my show. I've been doing it right.
Speaker 10: Lea, and that interview, at that phone call, that that phone call, that interview wouldn't have happened with what you put out there.
Speaker 6: And so you get a big kudos for that.
Speaker 3: For you. You're the best. You're the best. Keep your eyes open for your mailbox. Okay, we'll talk soon.
Speaker 5: Good night, Laurie.
Speaker 3: All right, let me get one more in here before we got to go to break, and then we will go to break, I promise, Eileen, Eileen, go right ahead your next on night side.
Speaker 4: Hi.
Speaker 11: Well Hi, I also like Market Basket, but closer to where I live is Trader Joe's and they have no self checkout on The employees there are so super friendly. I've never, you know, been in a store where people were more helpful and help helped you find what you're looking for. And they saved my life today because they give out free samples of food and I forgot to eat lunch, so the free sample helped me very much.
Speaker 3: Well again, look at the advertising that you just gave them. I have not named the store that I'm that I'm so disappointed in today, Okay, because they're all the same. Right there is even my my Roach Brothers, which I like a lot. They have set up some of these automatic check out machines. Uh and for the person who has one item, okay, that's fine, but but they always you always have lines that move pretty quickly. They basically are trying to teach us how to how to be good little consumers. And I don't want anybody trying to teach me how to be good little anything? Okay, will Well.
Speaker 2: Trader Joe's.
Speaker 11: I love that store. Trader Joe's, that's my store. They're cheaper than the other supermarkets. I don't know how they do it. They give out free samples and their their friendly.
Speaker 3: I have been to Traded Joe's occasionally, but I will make a point of it to go there more because of your phone call. So therefore the free samples they gave that they gave you today for lunch got them a lot of good publicity, that's for sure, Eileen. I will talk to you over the weekend. Thank you so much. Okay, okay, okay, thanks Dan, coming back on Nightside very quick break here, I promise, and then we'll wrap it up. Uh six two, five, four, ten thirty. The only line open right now actually a six one seven. Fill those up and we'll be all set with coming back on night Side.
Speaker 12: War's over Man Weirmer dropped the big one?
Speaker 3: What over? You say over? Nothing is over until winter Side it is? Was it over? Win? The German's bomb proner?
Speaker 13: Hell No German Briganity's rolling now back to Dan ray line from the Window World night Side Studios on w b Z news radio.
Speaker 3: By the way, baseball, it'll be the Dodgers versus the Mets, and I don't know if it's gonna be the Yankees. Well, we'll be the Yankees, but against the you in the Guardians, I should say, oh, the Tigers. So we have some old school baseball coming up as we hit towards the World Series. All right, let's keep rolling here. I got two lines open if you want to sneak in six seven? Are we giving up as a society? Are we giving up as Americans? Are we saying it doesn't matter? It always matters? It always matters. Glenn, you were next on nice that Glenn, want to get you in two more in goo? Right?
Speaker 8: Hey, yeah, I think we're giving up. I'm trying, so I think that's what's wrong. Now the one here I'm wanting to die on. I was telling rob Is to get a human being to come to the telephone. I love it like today. I won't say what it was. I called a consumer group that helps find people. I must have went through you want to talk about voicemail? Hell, Finally, I was almost in tears. I finally heard my favorite words, hold on while we'll represent, while we bring and I'm.
Speaker 7: Like, thank you God, that's all I wanted.
Speaker 8: You know, I'm like, you know, I was.
Speaker 14: I was on the other day on a trying to get some some help, and I dialed and and said, you know, through the whole thing, and it could punch it this punch, that punch that finally said, your call is very important to us.
Speaker 3: You are there to be uh your way, your call the number one, meaning you're you're going to be next. I was off for thirty minutes. I was still called number one. I just got off.
Speaker 8: I know. That's what I went through today.
Speaker 3: And your call is very please, your call is very well, it copy that important.
Speaker 8: To you if you know what it is exactly. Thank you you read my mail.
Speaker 3: Gotta gotta keep. We cannot give up, man. It's a simple as I felt so badly for this this I.
Speaker 8: Like the guy that who's the gun. He said, I want you to go to the window and you mad as hell, and I'm not taking this anymore now.
Speaker 3: That's we could have had that one. I just thought that tonight John Belushi and Animal House was was the was the way I felt today, is that we're not giving up with the Germans. Bomb Pearl Harbor. He's on a roll.
Speaker 8: That funny Germany.
Speaker 3: Thanks thanks to have a great weekend. Okay talk so yeah you too, thanks man. All right, let me keep rolling. He I got some open lines. Come on, it's finish strong. Going to go to Janet in High Park.
Speaker 8: Janet welcome, How are you fine?
Speaker 1: How are you? Damn? First time carler another?
Speaker 3: First time?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 3: I love it when you first call.
Speaker 1: I agree with you. One last Saturday, I went to my my regular store. There was not one cash here there. They closed the customer service. I was in. I was the tenth person in line on the automatic. There was one of I was on one side, people on the other, and I had three things. It came to one hundred and five dollars.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: And I finally went to a guy at the produce and I said, you need to get somebody over here with three things. I didn't spend one hundred and five dollars. He said, well you, uh yeah items. You must have tripled the doubleware. Well, there's nobody here to help us. This is my first time doing this and it's gonna be my last. So you need to get somebody over here to help us. Okay, we're all screaming, screaming and hollowing to get somebody here. Why are you customer service closed? Where are the cashiers? Can you tell me where they are?
Speaker 6: Or?
Speaker 3: I love your spirit, Janet, I love your spirit.
Speaker 1: Nobody, he said, Well, nobody's schedule them in. Well that's not my problem. Okay, that's not my problem. This is a big, big corporation store. What is the problem with the store. Every time I come in here, there's always something wrong?
Speaker 3: You know what. Let me ask you, Janet, you've showed such passion. What store was this?
Speaker 1: I'd rather not say.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's okay, that's okay.
Speaker 1: I'm the struth from my house, all right.
Speaker 3: I get it, I get it, I get it. No, I do, Jenne, And I love your call. That's your first.
Speaker 1: Call, you know, Dan, I'm not giving up, but I am not going back to that store. Okay. If you can't have people to commendate customers, then nobody needs to come here. That's the way I look at it. Okay, I'm with you.
Speaker 3: Totally, Janet. I got to run because I got two more. But do me a favor. I want you. I want to hear your next call as soon as possible, and I want you to.
Speaker 1: Oh you will, Dan, you will, but I will not put the I listen to you every night. I said, Oh my god, do I have to call it because I am not going back to that store. I don't care what the prices are. I am another store not far that I can go to.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you, thank you, thank you. I got to get you more in I'm going to run.
Speaker 1: I'm the next weekend and be safe.
Speaker 3: You too, Right back at you. All right, let's keep going here, James, and Boss, you gotta be real quick for me. James, go right ahead.
Speaker 9: Dan, this is Shim Griffin, an old friend of yours. I want to thank you for a woman's extra you right about traded, Joe said. Joe's open a great place on five hundred and fourth Street. It's fantastic, a coffee square, fantastic. And I want to thank you for doctor Frankie. I went to his office. He talked to me. He asked me to bring the X rays to Stoneham. He can't do anything for me, but I'm deep gratitude to you for everything. You want to say, Go ahead.
Speaker 3: He'll always try to help you. He's a great doctors.
Speaker 9: A great man. He gave me some good advice, but he kind he said he can't health. The outhrighters saw the neuropathy. I'm eighty four and I'm not giving up. I know you were for a long time, and I don't call her the show much. And I'm going to end this by saying I want Trump for four more years and Jay thank events for eighth after that.
Speaker 3: Okay, I think a lot of people feel that way. Hey, James, we'll talk again.
Speaker 9: Call more awesome, please, just God, it's gonna happen. And if you give me a call sometime, you have my number, all right.
Speaker 3: Thanks James, I will you have mine as well. We'll talk soon, Thanks James. Let's last call it the week goes to John up and the North Shore. John, I'm not so much time I get left, but we got to be quick.
Speaker 12: Oh okay, so that's good. Prince of all, Dan, I'm humbled to be on your show. You're a wonderful, wonderful radio host. And thanks for you know, tackling these hardcore subjects. The lats of ten callers seem to be about a microcosm of the subject that you brought up originally. Yes, interpersonal skills are awesome. And it's always great to hear wonderful stories about good interpersonal skills. And yes, certainly keep a business local, and that's certainly what builds the cyberca this country. If I understand your question correctly, it was the overall economy until our people can't give it economy.
Speaker 3: John, is this your first time calling?
Speaker 6: Yes it is.
Speaker 3: Well. First of all, thank you. First, I'm flat out of time, but you gotta call more often. And I'm looking forward to your second call.
Speaker 12: Okay, Oh oh, gotta get a word in Andre.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately I'm flat out of time, John, I got ten seconds left in the show. It's midnight. Okay, we'll talk next week. And uh thanks Jean, gotta go. Folks. You gotta understand the clock stops for no one. All dog thank you, Rob, thank you, Marina. All dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. That's why Pal Charlie Rais who passed fourteen years going February, that's why all your pets are our past. They love you, you love them. We'll see again on Monday night of a great weekend. Everyone go Patriots,