Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, welcome to Pink Shade. It's Thursday, and that means it's pop culture and Bravo pop and Bravo as we call it. And I have a very special guest here. I'd say it's a pop culture maybe expert, a Bravo expert.
Speaker 2: It's Megan Weaver.
Speaker 3: Hi.
Speaker 1: Hey, Okay, Megan. First of all, you gotta say Mary Payne, not Mary, because you know it's goes together, it's double. It's a Southern thing.
Speaker 4: Well, hello, Mary Pain, how are you?
Speaker 2: It's hard. I know you're a California girl. How are y'all? There?
Speaker 4: You go?
Speaker 1: I know it's hard for non Southern nurse to get it, but sometimes I just let people call me Mary the entire podcast, and then I have listeners right in and go, why didn't you ever correct them?
Speaker 4: I'm like, I stand corrected.
Speaker 3: I saw that in your email and it confused me a little bit, but then I was like, okay, I guess that's how she, you know, wants to be addressed, So I didn't remember.
Speaker 4: So Mary Paine.
Speaker 1: In the South, everybody, most people have two names, and you go by your first and your middle name, and your middle name is usually somewhere along the line like a mother's maiden name.
Speaker 2: Situation, got it?
Speaker 4: Ok me Megan Catalina?
Speaker 1: Okay, Megan Catalina, Yeah, rolls off the tongue.
Speaker 4: It really doesn't.
Speaker 2: Okay, you guys.
Speaker 1: Megan has a new podcast, and I'm specifically interested in it because the name of the podcast is My Addiction and it's Megan and her sister, who's like a super talented, well known screenwriter.
Speaker 3: Right absolutely television film big producer. I mean she she's the real deal.
Speaker 4: She's a big.
Speaker 1: Wig, yeah, Marty. And so it's great because the two of you are sisters. You explain at the beginning, like your stepsisters, which you've been sisters since you were like seven, so it's not like you need to say explain.
Speaker 3: We've spent our whole lives together, so and raised in the same family with the you know, with the same parents. I mean I have had my dad, she had her mom separately, but you know, in the same household. So that's you know, that constituted sisterhood her sister.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and both of you have struggled through addiction, and you talk about the addiction in both your families on both sides, your blended family and it's fascinating. Now I've listened to two episodes. Have you had our three out yet? By third the third one?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the third one drops Thursday today, and we have Carl Radkeith from Summerhouse.
Speaker 2: On Oh Megan. That's great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's fascinating and talking to him was super enlightening and he was very honest and vulnerable and it was a great conversation and I hope that everybody tunes in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so on your second so your first episode is you and your sister Tat going through your story. The second one was Amber Childers. Now my question about that is, so she's your neighbor and we know her. She was an actress that was on the show you. I think she's been on other things. That's just what I know her from, right, But she was married to Randall Emmett, who was then not married but engaged to La La. And I know that from following your career. You did interior design work for La La when she was with Randall.
Speaker 2: Please explain.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I did Randall's house.
Speaker 4: Gosh, I don't even know how many years ago it was.
Speaker 3: I mean it was when Randall and Laala were together, and I remodeled and redesigned their master bedroom, bathroom, and their little girl's playroom, Randall's and Amber's little girl's playroom. And it turned out beautiful. And I love Laala.
Speaker 4: She was awesome.
Speaker 3: But yeah, so that's the history there, and it's just a coincident that now she lives on my street and that the Lala connection.
Speaker 4: Small world.
Speaker 1: But Abra and Laala, it seems to me from what you see that they're fine now because they have a shared shared enemy.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, they're very good friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they look alike. They look alike, don't you.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Amber's a redhead now, so they look a little different. But yeah, they have similar aesthetic qualities. You know, they're beautiful, and more importantly, they're both very kind and they have huge hearts and they're lovely people.
Speaker 2: Did Randall ever pay you?
Speaker 4: He did?
Speaker 2: Okay, he seems to be broke.
Speaker 3: We came up with a settlement, so okay, I guess you would call it.
Speaker 4: But yeah, that's water under the.
Speaker 1: Bridge, Okay, good, Okay, Well I remember that. Yeah, oh yeah, in my mind the things that I remember and then the things that I don't remember.
Speaker 2: It's not great. It's not great.
Speaker 4: Same girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Now, okay, I just I'm going to encourage everybody to listen to your podcast and you don't have to be so interested in the thoughts behind addiction. I think it's just so interesting. You and your sister. The conversation that you have is so natural, and then you have Amber on. You explain like she's my neighbor and she also is going through her sober journey as well, and you sort of talk about which is something I've touched on this podcast before. Some people had this whole theory of sober or California sober or whatever works for you. And I've talked to Randy So. Randy is a good friend of John Hill, and she just randomly was on ninety Day Fiance as like a friend of somebody that was on ninety Day Fiance and John Hill's like, my friend is on that.
Speaker 2: Show you cover. I was like, wait, what, So.
Speaker 1: I had her on because she is a like an interventionist specialist, and she was saying kind of what you guys were saying, which is, however, you're sober, to you what's important and you can't judge if somebody is like, well, you know, a couple of times a month I might do mushrooms, and that's certain in me or California sobers, I can still smoke weed that didn't turn out so well for like James Kennedy, you know.
Speaker 3: No, no, so yeah, recovery. Listen, we are not experts.
Speaker 4: I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm only eighteen months sober. My sister has a lot more time than me, and but we are not experts. We only can share our experience and how we you know, our walk through sobriety. I think that you know, recovery is not a one size fits all. I think that everybody has their own approach. And however you cannot pick up that drink or do that drug or whatever it is is up to you, and the best way for you to, you know, keep maintaining that sobriety is your that's your path, your decision, whether you're microdosing, whether you're California sober, whether you know whatever it is that you are abstaining from because it will kill you or ruin your life, do it however however it you know, however you can get that done.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think it was just a really really, really great conversation, and so I would agree. I want everybody, I want everybody to listen to it because it's really good. It's really well done, and I just like to promote podcasts with you like super great.
Speaker 4: We have a lot of fun, you know. The fact of the matter is that we do.
Speaker 3: You know, my sister is hilarious and we come from a very funny family and so that that chemistry is there, and it's it's not all about recovery and sobriety the podcast.
Speaker 4: You know, we talk about.
Speaker 3: Our you know, growing up and some fun stories about our youth, and we also talk to other people about their you know, stories that don't have anything to do with this this sort of you know, sobriety topic. You know, we do touch on it a lot because that's what we're you know, that's what we want to you know, get the message out. But we do have a lot of fun and there are you know, a lot of laughs along the way.
Speaker 1: I like the sister dynamic. I have sisters and I always let this sister dynamic. Now this is going to be weird, but I'm about to change the background because I realized to have all the background up.
Speaker 2: So here we go. Now it's better. That's so cute.
Speaker 1: Like the pink I had to put it because it's the pop and Bravo logo and I had the wrong logo up from earlier when I did a recap of the Valley. Okay, so anyway, now it's that was fun. That was really bothering me.
Speaker 4: It was distracting you. I was distracting me, and now I'm kicking the tables.
Speaker 1: Okay, so let's talk about you know, speaking of your podcast and Bravo, which we love to talk about. Like, Okay, addiction on Bravo.
Speaker 2: Is such a thing.
Speaker 1: There was somebody, DJ James Kennedy that is not even on my list because I forgot there's I tried to just kind of make like a list of all the addiction stories we've seen on Bravo, and I forgot about DJ James Kennedy. That was kind of a big one. So I've got Mary's son Robert Jr. On Salt Lake City. We have Liam McSweeney who's in and out of sobriety and suing Bravo over it. Currently, we have Margaret Josephs who's not an addict but has clearly stated always I don't drink. I don't drink at all, and she never does anything she's been very you know, I have a couple of friends like that, Like I've never tried it. I have so much addiction in my family. I have never wanted to have a drink because I've seen what's gone on with the adults in my life. I think Margaret maybe has a similar situation because of her mom.
Speaker 3: Maybe. I mean, I think, you know, I've come into a lot of I guess they call them teetotalers term for people who just don't drink.
Speaker 4: Some people just don't drink, you know.
Speaker 3: I mean it's a totally foreign concept to me saying, you know, there are people out there who just don't like it and just don't touch the stuff, which you know, Wow, I'm envious.
Speaker 1: And just like I've never wanted to try it. You know, I have kind of interior designer. My interiors is signer for my house. Comes from a long line of you know, Irish Catholic drunks. And she's just like, I saw, you know, my.
Speaker 2: Uncle do this.
Speaker 1: I saw these things as a child that I thought never, never will I do that Now. A lot of kids think that, yeah, and then they go to college and they drink or whatever. But she's just like, no, I don't care, like I don't miss it because I don't know. And it's foreign to me as well, because I come from a you know, big family people.
Speaker 4: Drinking nice concept.
Speaker 1: It's a nice concept to just be like, I'm just going to leave it right now. We have lou Anne, who's a kind of a case study because she had a kind of a spectacular downfall. You know, she punched a cop, went to jail, all the things, was court ordered sober for a year, didn't make it that year, had champagne darling at a cabaret. Then she declared that she knows that she shouldn't drink anymore on camera, and then was sober for a couple of seasons. Now she's back on Love Hotel and just drinking like it's no problem.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I noticed that on Love Hotel.
Speaker 3: You know, when when you are an alcoholic, you are acutely aware of, you know, other people's drinking habits. Yes, people you see on television. I mean, it's just natural, it's just sort of what happens. And I did notice watching Love Hotel. I was like, huh, I wonder if Shannon and Luanne are going to be drinking you know, alcohol, and sure, enough they are you know, A yeah, that's it's up to them. You know, that is their choice, your choice. I have no judgment around it. If they can control their drinking, my hat's off to them, you know. It's it really is an individual zone, yea to manage it. And if they have and if they think they have a problem or not, they you know very well just may have gotten out of control a couple of times and they had to face some consequences and and they're good, you know, to each their own. But yeah, I didn't notice the cocktails flowing on Love Hotel.
Speaker 2: Well it's like.
Speaker 1: My thing on that is, Yes, it's their individual thing. And if they had a problem for a while, now they fail, they have it under control, I think in my in my personal experience, that's you're always And they talked about this on Southern Term last not this current season, that season before was shep They were like, you're always bargaining with yourself, like, well, I'm just gonna drink beer or I'm just gonna And I just know from my own experience with my husband, like I told you, was this coming up this year eleven years sober, it was a lot of bargaining it was like, Okay, well, then I'm just not gonna have Martiniz anymore because that's the problem. Or I'm not gonna, okay, no more Scotch for me because when I drink Scotch on me, so I'm not gonna, you know.
Speaker 2: And it's a lot of bargaining and only.
Speaker 3: On the weekends never, you know, it's it's that's just that's the nature of the beast.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, And the bargaining Louis and we saw created a fose because she didn't drink anymore. I think if she wouldn't have just been so out and about with it on television. I don't drink anymore. I've realized I can't have one drink Da.
Speaker 4: Da dah, and then walked it back.
Speaker 2: And then she hasn't ever walked it back.
Speaker 1: She just all of a sudden was drinking again like we would like us Bravo, people aren't gonna. So that's one thing that's a case study. And then we have Shannon, who at the last reunion, when they showed clip after clip after clip of her clip of the last ten seasons reunions, of every single reunion, them talking about her drinking.
Speaker 2: Which sort of like we're like Goldfish Bowl, we.
Speaker 1: Kind of forget and then you go, oh yeah, they have mentioned it every single reunion. Say they mentioned that every single reunion Caring gets drunk and calls us and doesn't remember what she says.
Speaker 3: Oh god, that's you know, I got to just say it just to interrupt you for a second.
Speaker 4: That breaks my heart.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, it just it just it's it's the struggle is real, and you know it when.
Speaker 4: I watched those things and they keep talking about the drinking.
Speaker 3: And it just it really breaks my heart for those people. And I know Shannon and I adore her, you know, yeah, it's just it's really difficult. And I'm not here to say she has a problem or doesn't have a problem, but watching those things and watching all that happen on television truly just ooh, it really gets to me more emotional.
Speaker 1: I mean, well, you've been on television, so you know, you were on many seasons of Flipping Out, Jeff Lewis's show and his other show that he had, and I you've been on television, so you've got to be in my mind. And maybe if you've been on so long, you sort of lose that like they're recording what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, yeah, yeah, you forget that the cameras are there. You know, on the shows that I did on Bravo with Jeff and then you were talking about Hollywood Houselift was on Amazon free v. There we weren't There wasn't a lot of like drinking or parties or trips.
Speaker 4: It was all just you know, home run.
Speaker 3: No, but there were a couple of nights we went out and had like team meetings and things like that.
Speaker 4: But I would.
Speaker 3: Imagine that when you add alcohol to those situations, you forget, you forget even further, even more that there's a camera in your face.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I mean I know, I would.
Speaker 3: You know, if we were drinking on those shows and you know the cameras that you already forget that they're there, being you know, totally sober, But yeah, I would think that alcohol would even blind you and leave even even more that that's happening.
Speaker 4: So mistakes are made.
Speaker 1: And the Karen Hugre is rough because a lot a lot was on the various podcasts and people chatty was made about kind of the difference of like Shannon just flat up I was wrong.
Speaker 2: I made a terrible mistake. I could have hurt somebody.
Speaker 1: I'm upset about how my children view me, like all, you know, just saying all the right things and you know and really and meeting it and meaning it and trying to the court told me to do this. I'm gonna do that. I have no questions. I obviously made this mistake. And then the opposite was Karen Yuger just just double tripling down.
Speaker 4: Yeah that was nuts, man.
Speaker 2: With just well, everyone will see that I did nothing wrong.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, I'm not guilty.
Speaker 3: Like that blew my mind that she was, you know, dying on that hill of you know, it wasn't me and I it didn't happen, and I was I'm not guilty, and you'll find out.
Speaker 4: I was just like, this is nuts.
Speaker 1: And they would say to her like, okay, so we're you know, having drinks, and they would kind of make a big deal to poke at her to like we've got a non alcohol drink for Karen over here, and yeah, everybody's just being shady and I'll be back drinking with you, lady, Sue.
Speaker 2: Don't you worry. It's like, don't say that, You're got to have a trial don't.
Speaker 4: Say that not a good look. Not a good look.
Speaker 1: And then they go and they get they go to the first trial and they have it pushed. Now I have to think at that point they anybody knows, like I obviously am not a lawyer, and I know there's going to be bodycam. You can get a four year request to get that information and to know that it's out there, and still say, I'm not going to plead guilty beforehand, you know, to get a lesser sentence. And it was her third fourth, I think fourth, do you I They said.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I knew that they were multiple, but yeah, that body cam footage, that was nuts.
Speaker 1: And you know you have to think, really, there, before the grace of God, go on, how many times have I been drunk and said the stupidest shit and then to have it recorded and just have so much of it, not just like one thing, but just like over and over.
Speaker 2: And humiliating, humiliating.
Speaker 1: So you think all that that then she's going to be like, Okay, look I was in denial. Obviously there was a big problem that night. I guilty, I am sorry. I'm going to serve my time kind of like Shannon did. I'm going to do whatever the court asks me. I'm going to try to make amends.
Speaker 2: But no.
Speaker 1: At the reunion, they put out this completely fake, look like lifetime movie scripted scene of Rag walking into the room with her lounging on her bed and like all beige.
Speaker 4: That was amazing, Thank.
Speaker 3: You, rag full makeup, the wig, the all the things, you know, like a boudoir pic.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, and you.
Speaker 3: Know the back and forth and yeah, that was That was something else.
Speaker 1: That was so funny because je Giselle and Ashley and then were like, you could turn that off, like we got it. Yeah, Like this is so stupid because he's like, hello, Karen, how are you feeling?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 2: That is surprising you were going to model?
Speaker 4: That was so awful.
Speaker 3: It was it was It was so cringe to watch, right, You're just like shriveling up inside, going I can't believe they're doing this.
Speaker 1: And I love how they're like, please turn that off. We yeah, this is this is love.
Speaker 4: This is out of our misery.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I feel like and so like with jen Shaw being in jail, I sort of feel like she won't come back to Salt Lake City. Andy has said in things I've heard on the radio, has said enough negative about her, Like what she did was to take money from the elderly, isn't I that.
Speaker 3: Wasn't I mean, listen, a dui is no small you know, of course, no small misstep. But I feel like what she did for seems to me to be a lot worse, you know, and premeditated. And you know, this wasn't a mistake that somebody made, you know, having too many drinks and getting behind the wheel of a car, which is a huge mistake, don't get me wrong, but it feels like the other thing is just a little bit more serious to me, And I would think that's something you can't come back to or as a network, you know, condone or or forget.
Speaker 2: You stand behind it, see it behind it now.
Speaker 1: We also have another incident of questionable behavior on Salt Lake City when Heather Gay got socked in the eye by Ginshaw and wouldn't admit it. Now, so many people did not hear this. So it was that season at that particular reunion, and then the next season when Ginshaw was gone. The first episode they're mentioning ketamine.
Speaker 4: Oh I don't remember.
Speaker 2: That, Yeah, I know, see a lot of people don't.
Speaker 3: I was like, no, I didn't that, so, like, so they did ketamine.
Speaker 4: They were doing ketemine the nights she got hit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're doing it now allegedly, I don't know, allegedly allegedly.
Speaker 4: But it was so bizarre.
Speaker 1: They were under their breath saying it at the reunion and then on the first episode back after that or somebody said like, well, Lisa an kenemine and got hit in the face.
Speaker 2: I mean, they were saying it.
Speaker 4: I was like, I don't even know how you do ketamine. Is it like a pill or drink or do you I don't know. I don't know how you do. Kiddle me, but I know either. Yeah, that was also bizarre to me.
Speaker 3: There was something and I still like, I still feel like there's things that we don't know, and it just it all seemed very strange.
Speaker 1: I think they were just extremely fucked up on some kind of jug and they didn't want to say what it was.
Speaker 2: Allegedly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that leads us to Jack's which for all these years, no one's been saying he obviously is a coke head.
Speaker 4: I never he's totally pinned.
Speaker 1: I have never seen cocaine in my life. Now, my kids don't believe me. They're like, oh my god, you're like so crazy and like deadhead and all this stuff.
Speaker 2: I go, the dead Heads really aren't into the cocaine.
Speaker 4: They're not as.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like.
Speaker 1: I've never seen it, but I can tell when somebody's eyes are bugging out of their head and I had to get four nose jobs that maybe something's happening.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's it. To me. That was all pretty obvious.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: It was a I dabbled, you know, in the nineties in college. You know, it never it was never really my thing.
Speaker 3: But I mean even somebody who has never touched the stuff could could see something was going on. This sort of agitation and the sweating and the talking gust and you know, it just looked a little suss in my opinion. So I wasn't surprised. I wasn't surprised. When he came out and said that he, you know, has a problem. I was like, oh, well, finally, thank god, he's asking for help.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know, I've listened to Britney's podcast that she did after Jack's went on Alex Basker's podcast, right because she had Kristin on and she was like, I counted thirty two lies in that podcast, she wrote them all down.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Basically, what she said was she had to threaten his job with to tell production what was although I'm sure production knows to tell production, Yeah, what had happened, which appears to be something pretty serious that they're dancing around that with happened with him throwing something or you know, it's a bar stool.
Speaker 4: Or yeah, something happened in yeah right, pretty bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, And she told production and so his job was threatened and that's the only reason he went the first time he went to the mental place, which she said, within a week of being out of that.
Speaker 2: Place, he was back at it.
Speaker 1: So we're I guess we are going to see him go twice.
Speaker 2: And she even said, and watch what Happens live last night.
Speaker 1: She was like, I sure if he says he's sober, I mean, she absolutely does not believe it.
Speaker 3: That's too bad. Again, that's heartbreaking. You know, it's you gotta you have to want it for yourself. You can't, you know, as you know, you know with your husband, it's it's something that you have to only.
Speaker 4: You can do it, you know.
Speaker 3: And if you're going for your job or you're going for your partner or you're going to rehab or some sort of treatment facility.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm not sure how successful you'll be, you.
Speaker 2: Know, right.
Speaker 3: I hope his recent trip or if he went, was for himself and then he made the decision and it wasn't from the pressures of you know, the outside world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it just seems like the way she's talking is you know, he's doing it to say face, as we've seen him do. And you know, I really, at the core of it, I don't even know, in my non professional opinion, if substance abuse is Jack's main problem. You know, he's always been a habitual liar, right, compulsive even you know, I was trying to explain to Keisha, my co host. We covered The Valley over on Patreon, and she never watched VANDR Pump, so she's only watching The Valley. So she's like, I've only seen this guy for a season and a half and he seems like a liar.
Speaker 2: I said, oh my god, you.
Speaker 4: Got to go back Pumps.
Speaker 1: Speaking at clip packages, if they put that together, he was about the four things he bought at the grocery store.
Speaker 2: He's a sure.
Speaker 1: Everything for sure, and at the base of it, something there has made him like that, and then that I think he's a self medicating situation after that.
Speaker 2: You know, right, yeah, yeah, so many people on.
Speaker 4: Our shi anxiety. It is like watching just even watching Jack's.
Speaker 3: On vander pump Way, before even I got sober or anything. He just his freneticness gave me anxiety. Just watching him talk or being my being, you know, just in his state gave me such anxiety, you know.
Speaker 1: And then what we saw, you know, what we see now on this we only had three episodes this season of The Valley is some of his behavior is a little like triggering to me because I was reliving some of my past with what he's saying is, well, yeah I may have done that, but da da da, And okay, I may have done that, but don't forget the one time you did this.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of he can't just say I did that and I'm sorry. It's a lot of Okay, I got mad, but anybody else can get mad too.
Speaker 3: Deflecting, deflecting, deflecting, playing the victim. Poor me, you would do this too if you were me, right, So that's that's a big one.
Speaker 4: That's a that's attic talk.
Speaker 2: You know a lot of it is just straight up attic talk.
Speaker 1: And I was like telling Keisha, I was like, oh my god, he's taking zero accountability and trying to put it on Brittany, like it's Britney's fault.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but if you were me, you would do this.
Speaker 1: Too, Yeah, don't you know, like any guy, anybody react this way.
Speaker 3: And I think he even said that to one of his buddies. I can't remember who he was talking to, but I think he said, if this happened to you, wouldn't you be upset? And the other person said, yeah, wouldn't get physical, though I wouldn't throw I would throw things, but you know.
Speaker 1: And it's also the friends talking about like, well, if this isn't his rock bottom, I don't know what is. And it's also like, well, that may be rock bottom for you, but maybe it wouldn't because you don't know, because you're not an addict, so maybe it wouldn't be your rock bottom. Maybe losing your kids just gives freeze up more time for partying.
Speaker 4: I don't know, right, Yeah, who knows?
Speaker 2: It's so dark.
Speaker 4: I hope he's okay.
Speaker 2: I really do I do too, I really do too.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, let us discuss something a little more light that that is Love Hotel.
Speaker 4: I mean there's only one episode out right now, right.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's right, that's right. Yeah. I would you go on Love Hotel? Hell no, with those guys we're looking.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you why, because I'm too vain and I don't know what's happening with their makeup on that show. Beautiful Women and all of those girls are gorgeous, yeah, and the make Now, I don't know if it's the makeup or the lighting, but something is going on where.
Speaker 4: They don't look good. And it may have just been.
Speaker 3: That one night when they all maybe they were nervous and maybe they were sweating, and maybe it was the community, but it just looked like the makeup was leaking into whatever crevices we all have at this age.
Speaker 4: And I was just like, where's the makeup team? You need to blend and.
Speaker 3: You know, but it looks like they're having a good time. I'm in I'm into it, you know. I watched it thinking, oh, this is gonna blow. You know, I really didn't think it's going to be compelling it all. I thought it was just one of those you know, let's package this and sell it.
Speaker 4: But I can see that this is going to be a good watch.
Speaker 1: I think so too. And I was the same way. I was like, all right, it's on watch.
Speaker 3: Listen. I didn't watch Crappy Lake because I just couldn't. I couldn't do it. I couldn't do it.
Speaker 4: Was it?
Speaker 3: Okay, maybe I will And I was thinking this is going to be another one of those, but no, it really surpassed all my expectations.
Speaker 1: I have to tell you, you know, Okay, they're filming at the Grand Vilas in Cabo.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I have been to a Grand v Loas in Riviera Maya, which too, you've been there too? All inclusive, honey, All inclusive, honey.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I went there. I went there a couple of years ago, three years ago or.
Speaker 4: Something like that with my family. And it is the one in Plyet al Carmen.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, it's near Port of Iarta, is all I know.
Speaker 3: Oh the one I went to was in Plat al Karmen. But anyway, yeah, they're at the one in Cabo.
Speaker 1: So I there's actually a Grand v Loss that's closer to me. That would be can Kun, which is closer to me here on the east coast. But we went all the way to the one over near Port of Iarta, near that area because it was literally like half the price.
Speaker 2: So we're like, but it was. And I don't know why.
Speaker 1: I think the Cancuon one had just been on a TV show. But the grand Villas in the Porta Vota area, what is It's not rivi.
Speaker 2: Or a maaya, that's a can coon. It's something else it is.
Speaker 1: I wrote that down wrong anyway, it it was so nice and we've been.
Speaker 2: To as the kids were young.
Speaker 1: We went to a lot of all inclusives that were just you weren't even looking forward to eating because you're like, all this food is going to be disgusting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the drinks are watered down.
Speaker 2: And it's very low.
Speaker 1: But grand Vellas this I'm going to tell you right now, ten out of ten highly recommend for an all.
Speaker 3: Day same We love the grand Vellas and uh Plantelkerman, Yeah, that has that has to be the one I went to.
Speaker 2: There can't be that money now, you know.
Speaker 1: Speaking of what we were speaking of earlier, we have two sober people on this show that are both drinking, and me as somebody married to an addict, and you as an addict. We're not the only people watching this, just regular people who have nothing to do with anything who have followed Bravo are going to be watching to see if Leu Anne and uh Shannon are drinking. And they were not pounding drinks or doing shots or anything, but they were. I mean, lou Anne had a whole date around champagne, right.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, I know it's it's it's tough, you know. That's another reason I wouldn't do the show, Mary Payne, because it's I I can't imagine dating in that kind of way with a bunch of guys and being on vacation somewhere tropical U and not drinking. Yeah, those are You're you're on a tropical vacation and you're going on dates, multiple dates.
Speaker 4: Those are two of the things that you know, my.
Speaker 3: Sobriety has been relatively easy, but those two things have been are difficult for me. Dating and the going on a tropical vacation. You know, everything else has been pretty pretty much a breeze. So that is that Grand hotels not for me. So I can see why they're drinking.
Speaker 4: I get it.
Speaker 3: I get yeah, you know, the medicinal benefits of it, but Yeah, it's interesting.
Speaker 4: To watch that.
Speaker 1: It's funny that you say that, and I've said this on the podcast before that, and maybe you feel the same. My my husband, well, he doesn't understand going to the beach and not drinking. So like if we pack up to go to the beach for the day and we're at the beach and we have our cooler, he doesn't understand. If I don't have like three high noons in there. He doesn't I go because I don't want to sit on the beach and sweat and drink. I'm just gonna have water like it's hot. He's like, what, you could have a beer? Like, I don't want a beer.
Speaker 4: I'm with him.
Speaker 2: He doesn't get it.
Speaker 3: Oh, I would have a canned wine in two hot seconds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he doesn't understand.
Speaker 1: So it's so for him, you know, he'll be like every occasion is a drinking occasion, like what's wrong with you? And when we go to dinner and things, if I'll have a glass of wine, but when the waiter comes back hills, she'll have another one. I'm like, no, I don't want another one right maybe later. But he's he's even eleven years in he's still very attuned. I don't think he's like counting other people's drinks or anything like that, but.
Speaker 4: It's your enormy, you know.
Speaker 3: And to us alcoholics, you know, you're fascinating. It's we can't imagine how you can just have one glass of wine or not, you know, have a high noon on the beach on vaking.
Speaker 2: Yeah he doesn't.
Speaker 4: He doesn't facinating to us. Yeah, we don't get it.
Speaker 3: That's that's because that is actually normal consumption, you.
Speaker 2: Know, not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it should be, and you know we're envious of that, you know. I think I could speak for all of us that that is a you know, that's something we envy of, being able to you know, moderate and just be like everyone else, a normal person.
Speaker 2: Enormy.
Speaker 1: So okay, all right, leu Anne on this first episode at least has come across to me is a little annoying.
Speaker 4: Les.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she just comes across as so arrogant to me.
Speaker 2: This is my opinion.
Speaker 1: And I've met her in person before and she was fine, But I find her to be I met her during one of her sober periods actually, but she comes across them shows like, well, of course, all the guys are gonna love me, darling, you know, and they don't it's Real Housewives of New York actually, like, well, they don't know what the show is, so they don't care.
Speaker 2: Now, let's talk about these guys.
Speaker 1: I'd like to go through them and see if you I'm gonna give you hints and you see if you can remember what they are. Okay, So we have a guy named Nick. Okay, here are the red flags about Nick. Immediately, he's a crypto entrepreneur.
Speaker 4: I like that, Okay, I like, I remember reading that caption.
Speaker 3: I'm like, huh, that's interesting. He made like he could like who knows what could happen with him in his life levels?
Speaker 4: Okay, So there's Nick.
Speaker 1: All right, okay, and he had an upper ear piercing for no reason.
Speaker 4: Ooh, I don't like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everything he had.
Speaker 1: And also later we see clip of him later and he's got like a tank top on, and he's got what I call I'm referring to my daughter and also Harry styles, like the scribble tattoos everywhere, right, and I have tattoos, like I don't care about tattoos, but he's got what I say, looks like you just let a child drawl over you, which is like, yeah, little that little scribble all over Okay, yeah, yeah, so Nick, it's okay. He's crypto entrepreneur, which to me seems uh not correct, and has an upper ear piercing for no reason. All right, so okay, Now next we have Ralph. Okay, Ralph is sixty one. He's a sound system specialist from Nashville, has two young boys that are ten and eleven, so he obviously had like a second go round and had two little kids.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I think he's kind of cute, and i'd like to know what rock bands he's worked for.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I pay I paid attention to him because I have a background in music and working you know, the soundboard that he does at these shows, and I, you know, spend a lot of time at Nashville. My best friend lives there. So I like him. I think he's a good He's a front runner for me.
Speaker 1: I liked him, but I did really want him to start dropping names of the bands.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he probably can't do that. NDA's and stuff, but yeah, or he's or he hasn't done anything that exciting. But I think he's got some there's time, there's some kind we've got I think he's kind of let the cat out of the bag.
Speaker 1: Okay, but if you find anything out from your connections, you let me know.
Speaker 4: I'll let you know.
Speaker 2: All right, Now we have Earl, Earl the Pearl.
Speaker 1: Earl the Pearl was fifty nine and had some questionable shoes.
Speaker 4: Shoes.
Speaker 3: What about that tak top he wore that next morning with the sweat like, oh, he's sweet though.
Speaker 1: He was sweet and he came across at first like you were like, oh God, this guy's going to be a douche, but he wasn't.
Speaker 2: He's been married two times.
Speaker 1: He had a brief marriage when he was young, and then he had a long time wife that died of cancer five years ago. They didn't they you know, didn't freeze r eggs. They never had kids, and that was sad. And Shannon actually was really listening to him and was like, well, I'm sorry that she just kind of quickly went out. I bet you had a wife that was like twenty, you know, right, and then she he was like, actually, now my wife died and that was rough.
Speaker 2: But Shanna seems to kind of like him.
Speaker 3: Well he's so sweet, and you know, vulnerability I find is attractive, you know, and I think that he's laying it all out there.
Speaker 4: He's not unattractive.
Speaker 3: He needs to get rid of those tank tops and he needs to get rid of those shoes. But I think if Shannon does end up liking him, I'm not sure where this is going, none of us do. But she can give him a little she can give Earl the Pearl a little makeover.
Speaker 2: Just like she did touch. Yeah. Remember when she Janson she bought John Jansen some new teeth.
Speaker 4: I think, yeah, yeah, it's easy, we can all do that.
Speaker 2: It's a Ferragama loafers. Yeah, okay, then we have wal a while. A is thirty eight.
Speaker 1: He's an IT director from Providence, Rhode Island, not Rhode Island, Connecticut, and he says he was with somebody for five years. He goes to therapy and he really likes Ashley.
Speaker 3: He's cute and I like their chemistry, I think, and I love that he was with someone for five years. I think that shows commitment, you know, and he's not afraid of commitment meaning And I think that they're cute together. I don't know if she's feeling it, but I think they're I like them.
Speaker 1: I liked it too, and I'm also I'm always trying to geographically. I'm like, okay, so she's here in the DC area. He's a Providence, Rhode Island. That's probably a quick train ride. Philip is sixty three and investor from LA and we don't get much of him until later, so I don't know any backstory on him.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: We have Jay who's forty six. He's a marketing director. He's from Boston. And again, Gizelle is in my area and Boston is just up the East coast a little bit, probably a quick train ride. He has two kids. Gizelle likes that because he's already got his kids.
Speaker 4: Jay Jay Jay does he will black classes.
Speaker 2: Yes, that is who Gizelle goes on.
Speaker 4: The date with, right, Okay, got it? Yep?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then we have Jerry. Okay, Jerry is fifty seven. He's a retired carpenter and a surfer. Lives in Puerto Rico.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, I paid attention to him. I think he's cute.
Speaker 4: I like him.
Speaker 3: I find him a little boring.
Speaker 1: I'm wondering how he's a retired carpenter that retired to Puerto Rico to surf.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's something was not doing there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's a red flag.
Speaker 1: Mark is sixty one. He's a real estate developer from New York City. He says he has no television. He has five children. He was married for thirteen years now. He to me is like super good looking. He looks like like a male model to me, don't you.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I've been following Mark for Ages on Instagram. I was, what, oh, yeah, I think he's hot. I followed him on Instagram year ages ago when he restores brownstones and things in New York City.
Speaker 2: WHOA.
Speaker 3: So I always I follow a lot of you know Reno account Yeah, you know construction, Reno build design stuff. And I discovered Mark a couple of years ago or something, and I was like, he's like, he's hot, silver Fox.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And so when I saw him on the show, I was like, oh my god, wild have.
Speaker 2: You ever been in touch with him? Are there any dms? Nothing like that?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, you know, it burst my bubble a little bit because you know, on the these Instagram reels he does, his renovations are you know, are beautiful and these brownstones are beautiful. But when I saw him on Love Hotel and he was cooking at home. That kitchen he was cooking in looked a little little tired.
Speaker 4: And a little sad.
Speaker 3: I was like, maybe maybe Mark's not I don't know. That was a little little red slade for me.
Speaker 1: I need to go back and look at that because that stuff I was just kind of glossing over.
Speaker 2: I was just trying to get the background.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, the cabinets were like from nineteen seventy. The microwave was outdated. The stove he was cooking it just looked tight.
Speaker 4: And I mean it's New.
Speaker 3: York, but it just looked really tired.
Speaker 4: Sorry, Mark weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, doctor healed myself. Yeah, okay, did you.
Speaker 1: I thought it was interesting that Shannon said she's never really been in love before.
Speaker 4: I know, what about her husband? How what about David?
Speaker 1: And I understand that she's they've had a contentious time and David Badoura might be a little cuckoo alleged.
Speaker 3: But but in the beginning, you know the yeah, yeah, that was surprised by that too.
Speaker 1: That that yeah, and do you think that's like a that's like a that's a hindsight thing and she can't really maybe put herself back in the mind that Yes, she probably was really in love with him, and now the current situation has sullied it so much.
Speaker 4: I think you're right.
Speaker 3: I think that you've got a point there because I feel like even watching Housewives, when they were struggling and they were going to all those sort of marriage camps and things like that, I think it felt like she was really trying, and the vow renewal and I yeah, like I feel like she did love him, and I think she really was in love with him, And yeah, I think it's all the all the hard stuff that followed, you know, really hurt her and probably made her not be can't she probably can't access, yeah, you know, those feelings she had for him in the beginning because it's been so painful.
Speaker 4: That would be my guess.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. And I mean she did love John Jansen too, even though it didn't turn out so great.
Speaker 4: I think, so I think so appreciated.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I want her to find love.
Speaker 4: I wanted to find love.
Speaker 2: Me too, me too. So they go on these days, so Ashley takes wallet.
Speaker 1: They have this chocolate making class and he peels this cacao bean, which means he's ready for marriage. And I was like, the bean talk was too.
Speaker 2: Much for me.
Speaker 1: Then Giselle takes Jay with the glasses on the date, they do a tequila tasting and a twenty five thousand dollars taco.
Speaker 4: What was that?
Speaker 3: I think that must be in pesos?
Speaker 4: What is that? Besa?
Speaker 1: They didn't say besos, they said twenty five thousand dollars?
Speaker 4: What is twenty five?
Speaker 3: I wonder if we do the math, if net we're looking at like a ten dollars fifteen dollars dollars taco.
Speaker 1: Because they were like, They're like, it's got this kind of Kobe beef and this kind of caviare and then we've got the gold on top. And I was like, so you're telling me, for the sake of this show that probably didn't even cost fifty thousand dollars to produce, you're going to have two twenty five thousand dollar talk.
Speaker 3: It's just like, might if you have those glasses, you have those sunglasses? Twenty five thousand, right, That's all I.
Speaker 4: Can think about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I was like, if they presented that to me, I would be like, I don't I don't want to eat that.
Speaker 2: I don't like I got a.
Speaker 3: Paper n yu.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, just send me the cash, send me the check.
Speaker 1: So anyway, at the end of it, she says she thinks he might be a bit boring and she's leaving her options up and good, all right. Shannon takes Earl the pearl's wearing the shoes and they eat cheese, and we do see her drinking and doing cheers with one. They have all the wine glasses in front of them as if they're doing wine pairings with.
Speaker 2: The cheese, but we avoid that topic.
Speaker 1: She tells him about her dui and she tears up as it was a horrible moment in her life, and he says, who amongst us hasn't made a mistake in our lives. I don't judge her, and I think it's really sweet. I don't know if she's gonna leave her options open or just jump right in with Earle.
Speaker 2: I hope not. I hope she will leave her options. I do too.
Speaker 3: I like him a lot.
Speaker 4: I like that she's being open. I like you know.
Speaker 3: Again, I'm I'm rooting for her all the way. Let's see, there's you know, there's some other guys there, and I think she should explore the possibility with these other guys too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so LEU Anne takes Jerry, so they drink champagne by clamshell. Just no mention of any the fact that Leu Anne has said publicly she is a sober person and she created a foes. She's just gonna drink champagne. So it's just gonna act like we act like it didn't happen. So she did try to drop in a life as a cabaret darling. Oh god, she constantly tries to drop it in no matter what podcast, radio show anything you hear her on.
Speaker 2: We get it. You have a cabaretio. We all get.
Speaker 3: It self promotion, right, so you to get it where you can get it. I know, And I think she is playing this whole thing where she comes across like you said in the beginning, I think she's she's.
Speaker 4: Playing a character.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know how much of it is really who she is or who she thinks we want to see, you know. I think I think a lot of it is she gets a lot of laughs for this darling stuff and d D, and I think she's rewarded for that, and so she leans into it. So I think a lot of this on on Love Island or whatever, this is what are we watching hotel. I think that she's she's leaning into that character because everybody gets such a kick out of it, you know, And and maybe it's coming on. She's laying it on a little thick. So maybe a little dabble, a little dabble, do you But I.
Speaker 1: Do think, you know, she comes across like, well, I have a boat, and of course I know the sea because I'll have a a and that.
Speaker 2: And you're like, we get it, you're rich.
Speaker 3: I mean, okay, the guy rolled his eyes a little bit of that too. I caught like a little eye roll there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was interesting.
Speaker 1: She tried to drop in the life as a cabaret, but it gets overshadowed by the ball busting comments and the busting and the balls and the he talks about his surfing life in Puerto Rico. He wakes up, he surfs, and he only gets, you know, in a bad mood if the surfing isn't great, And she.
Speaker 2: Goes, I don't know. I don't think I could retire on a beach. I think I'd be bored.
Speaker 1: And then they walk on the beach for twelve maybe fourteen steps, and she goes, I'm done. She looks at production, like we did it, you got the shot. I don't want to talk to him anymore.
Speaker 4: I was like, whoa, I clocked that too.
Speaker 3: I was like, okay, this is you know again, that makes me believe that this is all a character an act, you know, this is not she's doing it for the you know, for the for the viewers.
Speaker 1: I will say that when we see they do like professional talking heads together, and we've seen Leuyenne and Shannon together, and I don't necessarily feel that leu Ayne is like a girl's girl or one that's gonna be like give you a pep talk. I mean I feel like more like if you go to the bathroom, she'll try to steal your boyfriend.
Speaker 2: You know, the situation, you know. But I did think she was being.
Speaker 1: Really nice to Shannon, like you know, oh, you're beautiful and you deserve love, and you know she's trying to Like. Also, I don't think she sees Shannon as any competition.
Speaker 3: Sure, I mean right, I think they would probably be going for different guys, and different guys would be going for them.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So after the dates, they meet back in this main area and they're kind of like are talking to other guys. Shannon is now talking to Ralph, and let's remember who Ralph is. Ralph is the sound system specialist that has the two. I'm having to keep looking.
Speaker 4: It's confusing.
Speaker 1: Then Giselle talks with Ralph, and Shannon is like, oh, she's talking to Ralph Nick with the scribble tattoos and the random high ear piercing.
Speaker 2: See now you and the crypto. Now you're concerned because of.
Speaker 4: The Yeah, I'm very concerned about this.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, tells Ashley you know, next time there's a date, like, I want you to take me on the date, which I think is sort.
Speaker 2: Of unattractive, right, don't desperate?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: I agree, And then Wilele says to Ashley, let me walk you to your room and no kiss, and then she's annoyed and she goes inside, but then he goes back to kiss her, and I was.
Speaker 2: Like, that was a good move.
Speaker 3: It was he's I like him. I think he's I think he's cute. He seems authentic to me.
Speaker 2: I like him. Now, the upcoming previews look really good.
Speaker 1: I didn't write them all down, but I'm surprised that Moore hasn't come up. Just in the Bravo world about this all the stuff that happened with Joel Kim Booster after it was over, speaking of intoxicated, got drunk at an after party and like dreamed on Shannon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I remember that.
Speaker 4: I was doing the radio.
Speaker 3: I think back then, and when that came out, there was with some headlines. There was some Headlinesesnon and that host. So far, so far, so good, like so far, it seems she's respectful and they're getting along. I don't know if we're I don't know if us as the audience, we'll get to see that whatever went down that that made the press. Yeah, I don't I don't, even, to be honest with you, I don't even remember what the beef was. But I know that there's something happened where he felt disrespected.
Speaker 1: He at the after party approached someone and was you know, drinking or whatnot, and was going off on how.
Speaker 2: Horrible she was.
Speaker 1: She kept production waiting, she was a nightmare to work with, said terrible things about her daughters and not good And and then I remember when uh uh Shannon, and uh, I guess just VICKI not Tamrow.
Speaker 2: We're doing the dose.
Speaker 1: Somebody goes and I guess somebody asked her about it, and she said, well, I thought everything. I thought, we had a nice time, and I was very surprised that he said all those things about me, and yes, it was very upsetting. And but you know, people that I had talked to in that world, you know, we're like, that's really stupid of Joel Kim Booster, because that's that's the way to never get another hosting John Bravo again.
Speaker 3: And you mentioned again, because you know, this is what I hear with my alcoholic brain, you said that he was at an after party drinking when ye when he unleashed on her.
Speaker 2: Oh, he like went live.
Speaker 1: It was like, okay, well he posted like get ready in five four three two one, I'm about to go live and tell everybody.
Speaker 4: So okay, well there you go.
Speaker 3: I mean that explains that, that explains his behavior, And I don't know if I'm buying it. You know, yeah, I think I've always I think Shannon.
Speaker 4: Was probably super respectful and did a good job.
Speaker 1: You know, I think if you're doing a show with four housewives, you might expect some diva behavior.
Speaker 4: So my makeup took a little longer. Sorry, you know.
Speaker 2: Also, and also also it didn't work.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I had.
Speaker 2: To pay for that lady to blot me exactly. Now the Valley, What are your.
Speaker 1: Thoughts on the Jesse Versus Michelle situation?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I mean, I listen, there are two sides to every story, and we are hearing both sides, right. So normally you're friends with one person, you know, in a marriage or separation or divorce dispute, so you always hear their side and you don't really get to hear the other person's side. And this you get to hear both sides, and I'm like, I don't know. I feel like both of them make really good arguments, and it seems like they're both you know, screwing up and also you know, championing, championing their kid, being their children's advocates.
Speaker 4: So I'm torn. I'm torn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So Keisha and I record together and she's very like, thinks Jesse is great, and I'm like, are you insane? And I don't think Michelle is the greatest either. I think, like you're saying, they both have problems here, but.
Speaker 2: Jesse, you know.
Speaker 1: When she said at the end of the episode, well he's just as bad as Jacks. I was like, Okay, let's walk that back. I think there probably are both narcissistic personalities that don't like they've been rejected by a woman. I think that's true of both of these guys. It seems Jesse really thinks Jack's is like super cool, which is weird. I think Jesse is very very smart. Where we with Jax that is not.
Speaker 3: The case, right, Yeah, Jesse seems like a smart cookie. You know, listen, they probably both have control issues, and you know, during a divorce or separation, you sort of lose you don't have control anymore over with that person or the outcome or what happens. So that's probably put them in both difficult situations.
Speaker 4: But I wouldn't compare Jesse to Jacks.
Speaker 2: I don't I would either.
Speaker 4: I don't see that. But you know, what do I know?
Speaker 1: Do you have thoughts on these men between the age of thirty eight and forty five having a boys chat with twenty guys on it where they just say whatever they want and think it's just gonna never get out with twenty people on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's weird to me, like very strange. It is it just go go be somewhere? Is it online? Are they chatting like on a you don't remember.
Speaker 2: It's like an imassage group chat. Stupid, stupid, and they.
Speaker 1: Think nobody's there, and then you know, Jesse's Jack Jax thinks that there's a mole.
Speaker 4: I was like, of course there is.
Speaker 2: There's not a mole. I just yeah, I picked up my husband's phone and looked at it, like, you guys are so fucking stupid.
Speaker 4: So dumb.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you got yeah, just go somewhere, go hang out at a restaurant, get things off your chest. You know, you have to say or do anything that can be recorded or seen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really stupid. Yeah, but it was.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh my gosh, Jesse's like Jack's my king is at camp, so I must take the mantle and find the mole. And the boy's chat. I'm like, you guys, at forty five years old, you need to stop with the boys chat.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, but it's a great show. The Valley's a great show. I love it.
Speaker 3: I mean, listen, I live in the valley, so I grew up. I grew up in the valley, so I recognize all those street signs and all those locations and the heats and when they what they reference and yeah, so I love it.
Speaker 2: Oh, now you and I talked.
Speaker 1: We were texting yesterday about Atlanta because I was like, well, I'm not caught up. I've been traveling a ton and so I'm not caught up. I'm one behind. But you caught up at least through the Kenya and brit of it all.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm all caught up. I am all caught up.
Speaker 2: Could you believe that? Said?
Speaker 1: Can you believe Kenya did that at her own opening of her own business that she was dedicating to her daughter.
Speaker 3: More importantly, more importantly, yeah, I mean horrific, Yeah, but more importantly, blew up her.
Speaker 1: Job, her main job, which is the show. Like she's been on a long time. She makes a lot of money on this show.
Speaker 3: And on since the very early days, you know, and for her to to do something so risky like that and you know, morally corrupt, I'm going to say it was a really really stupid move. You know, that's your bread and butter. She's crying that she's worried that her salon's not going to make it or be successful, you know, and you've got this backup plan or it's actually your probably your plan a being on Housewives of Atlanta and to put that in jeopardy very short sighted in my opinion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know, people are like, oh, well, they'll probably wait two seasons and bring her back because they are bringing back Phaedra. But I think the bringing Phaedra back is because they're like, hey, one of our stars we had to act, and it's very similar in my opinion, to what's happening on the Valley. They had to Jax goes away, so they're like, can we bring in La La and Sheena for a couple of episodes? I got we got to bring in some Ravo heavy hitters here to replace.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, yeah, yeah, probably. I love Pedra and can we Okay, can I just tell you I am obsessed in love My favorite housewife ever is Shamya Samia Shemiah.
Speaker 1: It's like we didn't even know you before because she was always on as a friend of.
Speaker 4: Love her.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine that house nine million?
Speaker 3: And I got to tell you I'm not mad at her decor, you know, for the over over the top you know, I mean, sorry, Mary Crosby, love you too, you know, talking about over the top decor. I mean, I don't know I can't get behind Mary's decor. I love her, but I did.
Speaker 2: It's a little willy Wonka.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a little much with the tall chairs, but shemi is I you know, it's over the right, but I like it.
Speaker 1: But also, don't you think, Meggan, if you have a space that big, yeah, you can't be you know, grays and whites and subtle tones and sectionals and and you know, because the space is so huge, every room is is like going to Versailles or something, so you have to sort of go with the style of the house.
Speaker 3: Maybe yeah, yeah, I think she's done or her designers, you know, has done a great job with the spaces. I love her girls hangout room.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the pink couches, you know.
Speaker 2: I love.
Speaker 1: On the first episode, she's like, I'd love to say my husband's in Nigerian prince, but yeah, it's HVAC.
Speaker 4: Again.
Speaker 3: Another reason I love this couple and them on this show. You know, he's an HVAC king and he apparently does like all the airports and you.
Speaker 4: Know goods she says.
Speaker 1: She said, like stadiums and airports. You're like, WHOA, what.
Speaker 3: A great niche she found, and that that business, right good for him and good for her.
Speaker 4: I think she's fantastic.
Speaker 3: I think she's the funniest portions great too, But I think Samiah is the dark horse and that little gem.
Speaker 4: We never saw it coming.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, I agree.
Speaker 1: So she came in and we were like, she's now the anchor of the show, Like, what's this avalue?
Speaker 2: That are your Like? It works? It works.
Speaker 1: They took their time, They took their time kind of retooling the show, and.
Speaker 2: It really works. I agree.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, Well, we are going to be done with this portion of the show, so there's gonna be a little bonus over on subscriber services Patron, Supercast, Apple, for anybody wants to hear more with Megan. But we're done with this, so before we close this out, tell everybody where they can find you and where they can find your podcast.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: My podcast with my sister Marty knocks In is called My Addiction and you can find it on Socials at my addiction pod. To follow us and to listen to it, you could anywhere you get your podcasts, Apple, Spotify, all those all those places. So there are three episodes up currently and the most recent one we uh talk with Carl Radkey from Summerhouse, which is fascinating and interesting, so that's where you can find us.
Speaker 2: That's great.
Speaker 1: I was kind of wondering if you're going to keep it along the vein of all women, but no, there's Carl.
Speaker 4: Oh, we've got it. We've got some dudes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, thank you, Megan, and I'll remind everybody to follow me on Instagram at Pink Shade Pod and that's it.