Speaker 1: Jed and I weather forecast said not bad today, just mostly cloudy skies going up to seventy five degrees. Just just like chanceer ring clouds every night down at fifty four. Mostly thaddy all day tomorrow, but with scattered showers and storms.
Speaker 2: They possibility seventy for the high, down.
Speaker 1: To forty four of a night with clouds and clear skies on Friday with zero percent chance rain sixty nine for a high.
Speaker 2: It's fifty three right now. Let's hear about traffics.
Speaker 3: From the U see how traffic center when it comes to stroke, every second counts.
Speaker 2: That's why you see help.
Speaker 3: This is the clear choice for a wrap up by saving treatment. Learn more and you see health dot com. Highway traffic really building fast and northbound seventy five and accident adds to that. Just before you got the buttermilk on the right lane, then the exit lane to buttermilk is currently blocked off. Traffic backs pass Turfway. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRS the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven forty fifty five kr s DE talk Station, We welcome back to the fifty five KRC Morning Show from the Clamont County Veteran Services Steve Bell.
Speaker 4: Oh it is great morning. The sun is up in cloud in the sky. Jennifer Ketchmark had nothing negative to say about this day. It's a good day.
Speaker 2: She never has anything negative to say.
Speaker 4: She said it was raining yesterday.
Speaker 2: Oh well, I don't know if I agree with that.
Speaker 1: Jensen the sales Department, and of course Steve is her account. So she takes wonderful care of Steve and the Clemont County Veteran Service Office. And you guys do great work. So let me start up by thanking you for the work that you do for the Clemont County veterans. It's such important work. And let us talk about Memorial Day. And because people often get Memorial Day and Veterans Day confused, and there's a substantial difference between the two.
Speaker 4: Daystes Day, let's let yeah, let's put the footstomp on substantial right, Yeah, absolutely there is. But you know, with less than two percent of the American public having served in the military, it's easy how the two could be merged together in their minds, especially when we tend to treat them the same.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think most people wish the American military, have good will for the American military, absolutely right. So anything having to do with military service or loss of life in connection there with I think that's why it's kind of merged together.
Speaker 4: Right it is, but there's also an education piece behind it. You don't want me going, Brian, it was great listening to you on some radio station you don't even belong to. You'd kind of go, you didn't.
Speaker 2: That would made me right? And so I had that happened.
Speaker 1: Actually I heard your endorse in the so and so, and I'm like, no, never spoke for them on their behalf. Ever in my life. That happens all. That's what happens all the time. It's like, what the hell were you listening to? You?
Speaker 2: Who I am? My voice is you can't discern me from somebody else. It's a compliment.
Speaker 4: However, it's in disguise because I did not understand your compliment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 4: So with the memorial in Veterra's Day, Memorial Day created after the Civil War, did you know we really don't know the absolute truth of the creation of Memorial Day. Really there are three different locations who believed they started Memorial Day.
Speaker 1: Okay, so this is like who's got the who invented the Phillies Chiefe Stake, California.
Speaker 2: Who's credit for it?
Speaker 4: Where's Waldo? And did he really exist? Right? So there was a an African American battalion down in South Carolina who after the war were decorating the graves of the soldiers. There's another place, I believe in Massachusetts, and one even I think Minnesota. So all of them, ten declaim were the origin of Memorial Day. And we really don't know the truth of where it started. It just happened to blossom organically and grow from there.
Speaker 1: So different cities or communities or organizations started honoring the fallen and then ultimately became a national holiday at.
Speaker 2: The right point.
Speaker 1: Correct, So the phenomenon caught on so much so that they decided to make it just one day. I suppose these were different events throughout the year. It never it wasn't a coordinated effort on behalf of a whole bunch of different groups that said we're all going to do it on this day.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: So when it comes to the federal level, like Okay, let's let's recognize Ayday, right, But it was just happened to be communities doing what communities do for their veterans that especially have expired in the time of war, which is really when you think about the definition, it's Memorial Day. You went to Uncle Bob's memorial service before we committed him to the ground, So therefore Memorial Day has been honoring those who have sacrificed their lives for the freedom of this country.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, and there's all kinds of you know, centuries old monuments that local communities established to honor their fallen dead. These are the war heroes from our county or from our community. So that's it's a nice thing that people are inclined to do that because they recognize the importance of military service and the ultimate sacrifice being paid.
Speaker 4: It is, but you can also you can also go wrong with Memorial Day.
Speaker 2: It's not just the but the barbecue. Girls.
Speaker 4: We can go to commercials all day long, but when how many church services have you been into? And the pastor says, all veterans rise, so we can thank you. Yeah, wrong, audience, wrong audience. But it's because the populace doesn't understand the difference, and we tend to treat the two holidays or remembrance days the same.
Speaker 1: Well, I think you've definitively pointed out the very very distinct difference between the two days. And we've got all kinds of events coming up, so we'll pause or bring Steve Belzer from the Climate County Veteran Service Office back and we'll talk about those events that are coming up. After I mentioned USA Insulation return on investments. The greatest thing about USA Insulation. You can go to the market and sometimes you have a return, and sometimes you'll lose money. You never ever ever lose money with USA Insulation's Premium foam and the extery walls of your home. Under insulated homes as well as uninsulated homes, you get true value from this product. Every single month, your energy bill will be lower, that's a fact. And every single day you will enjoy the comfort improvement that USA's Premium phone provides you. I mean, how many things you can say that pay for themselves, improve the value of your home and continue to provide you with that return on investment long after the product's been paid for. USA's Foam to the rescue on that made in Ohio installed in about less than a day for the average home. You want to find out about whether your home is under insulated call for the free inspection. If you know your home has no insulation in the exterior walls, call them for that free inspection. End quote three eight one three sixty two six three eight one foam genuine return on investment one that never fails USA's Premium foam and you get a twelve hundred dollars energy tax credit next year when you're doing your taxes online. Learn more at USA Insallation dot net.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KARC dot com.
Speaker 1: Chairman nine tells us the following about the weather today. You've got mostly cloudy skies, although I think they were sunning out there just a moment ago. Regardless, we'll say a high at seventy five and just a slight chance to rain, dry and cloudy over nine fifty four. Scattered showers are possible tomorrow. Otherwise cloudy and seventy.
Speaker 2: For the high.
Speaker 1: Partly cloudy over Thursday night with a drop of forty four and mostly clear Friday, and also zero percent chancerrain on Friday sixty nine for the high.
Speaker 3: It's fifty four right now. Traffic time from the uc UP Traffic Center. When it comes to stroke, every second counts. That's why you see. Health is the clear choice for rapid wife saving treatment. Learn more at ucehealth dot com. In Bend seventy four broken down near Montana, adds to heavyer traffic from North Bend South Found seventy five slows a bit through Westchester, then very heavy through Blackland North Found seventy five. There's an accident of buttermilk on the right shoulder backing traffic to Burlington Pike.
Speaker 2: King Ram Month fifty five.
Speaker 3: KRC Deep Talk Station.
Speaker 2: Seven nine. If you have KRC the talk station, hope you have it. A wonderful Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Let us see Judgent of file time at eight thirty fl We're preceded by Shane Jenkins, former January sixth defendant, the director executive directors stand the gap as well as the real j six and we'll hear from Corey Bowman, who came in second second yesterday the primary in the meantime in studio St. Buza from the Clemont County Veteran Service off Us already defining the difference profound it is between Memorial Day and Veterans Day, and so honoring the fallen soldiers is what we do on Memorial Day. I know there's all kinds of events going on in. Steve's got a list of some of the things that's going on that are going on, so Steve, let's talk about it.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thanks Brian. There is a lot of our Veteran Service organizations, we know them as a VFW, the American Legion, the dav and it just goes on and on. Right, many of them are hosting events at our cemeteries to recognize our fallen warriors by decorating the graves. So every county we support our Claremont County Veteran Service organizations with flags and markers to duly notate those graves and counter those individuals. So it's a great way for the community to get involved for Uncle Bob, aunt Joe, whoever it was, to just go out and help them decorate these grades of these wars.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: One of the things that I've observed about visiting grave sites, and I am not the kind of guy that's inclined to go do that.
Speaker 2: I'll be quite honest with you.
Speaker 1: I have instructions for when I die, you cremate me, put me in a plastic bag and take a tablespoon with you when you go someplace fun, and then sprinkle it where people are having fun because I figure a generation from now a nobody going to be showing up where I'm laid to rest, because they'll forget about me.
Speaker 2: And that's of course fad memories faded. I mean, I can't remember the name. Might you know?
Speaker 1: Certainly great great parents who I never knew. I knew some of my grant great grandparents, but I don't know where they're buried. I wouldn't be inclined to go. So are are you keep a list of veterans that sort of can be remembered by the community when they've their families have long since moved by and won't show up to remember them themselves.
Speaker 4: You know, we actually have volumes in my office from the Civil War of Claremont County veterans. That's great and it's just to read some of their actions. There was a gentleman I wish I could remember his name, actually did a book on World War One Claremont County veterans. There's some great reads in your county about individual families serving in the Great Wars. It's just I knew this family. I didn't know they had a relative that did X, Y or Z overseas for our nation. It's just so being able to go and locate these headstones and give them a moment of honor, it just keeps their their their name and that which they performed alive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, it's.
Speaker 4: Honoring our history as a nation we are. So I think it's it's fantastic. These organizations will gatter together, they have they'll have speeches, not long, but to talk about some of the veterans. Even the VVA, the Vietnam Veterans of America is going to meet at the I call it the Helicopter Park, Union Township Park and they're going to honor the Vietnam veterans from Claremont County there underneath the Huey Helllicopter. So it's just again on May twenty six, another great event of honoring those who have served our country.
Speaker 1: I know that the Governor's got the annual reef laying ceremony on the twenty first in Veterans Plaza to Ohio State House.
Speaker 4: I will tell you that is a very unique event in the If you've never been to the Veterans Plaza, it's on the backside of the State House and there is inlaid in the grass a stone of every county of Ohio, says eighty eight stones labeled with the county's name. That almost is a enclave to the very park itself, and it backs up to the backside of the State House where the species will go. And we will have service officers from every county. Oh wow, that will line their blocks.
Speaker 2: Oh that's cool. It is a neat event. That's rue.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So and the government brings the government. The governor brings a great speaker every year to talk about event. That's Memorial Day. What it is a gold Star family. Let's not forget them who have sacrificed their loved one for your freedom. So don't look down on it and don't forget them, because they're the ones who need the greater support. We thank God for Johnny Susie who gave their lives for our freedom. I think also the families who lent them to us that we could fight these wars.
Speaker 1: That's a really important point you made there, Steve. And I know, of course the Union Township Veterans Memorial Park exists as well. There's going to be an event there May twenty six, two pm.
Speaker 4: That's right, that's right, is.
Speaker 2: Five hundred crosses.
Speaker 4: Right, They will have the grassy, the grassy park. I won't use grassy Nolan because that always takes over running. We're waiting for this setup. But the grass that we filled with these crosses, it looks absolutely gorgeous. The Huey Hell is decorated as a medback flight, so it's it's it fits reminiscent of like MASH.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: So okay, you know MASH actually was an acronym.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Mobile Army Surgical Surgical Hospital. Yeah, if you gave me about an hour and a half, I wouldn't be able to remember it.
Speaker 4: But your listeners don't have the time. Brian, this is important, it really is.
Speaker 1: Steve Belto Clement County Veteran Services. Yeah, veterans out there, consult your Veteran Service Office. Whether you're in Cymemond County, you can do that. Hamilton County has them. They're all over the place. Butler County, Warren County, they do great work on behalf of the American veteran But in this particular case, I'm sure that each of these veteran service organizations and each of the counties will have events going on Memorial Day events. Horen't of the fallen soldiers, the ones who gave the ultimate sacrifice and service to their country. So God bless each and every one of them, and make sure you pause for a moment at least give them some thought on Memorial Day as it fast approaches. Steve, thank you for the work that you're doing each and every day and for your service to our country.
Speaker 2: Brian, thank you for partnering and helping us. Hey you kidding me?
Speaker 1: Love love love being able to help the veteran on this program, folks don't go away. After the top of the hour, news former January sixth defender Shane Jenkins, executive director of Stand the Gap and The Real Jay six, joins the program, followed by Jude Jennal, Paulitano, and Corey Bowman.
Speaker 2: Next hour stick Around at the top of the hour. Every day we discover something new and important
Speaker 1: The day's top stories on fifty five KRC, the talk station