Speaker 1: You hear us talk about ways to unlock VIP membership through your Apple account in the Apple Podcast app and also through Patreon or Spotify. To unlock a full VIP membership with full access to archives and ad free website and customizable podcast feeds that are compatible with the Apple Podcast app and many iOS and Android apps, along with streaming ability right from our ad free mobile site, go to pwtorch dot com slash go VIP. That's pwtorch dot com slash go VIP That'll give you all the details on everything you're missing out on by not being a VIP member, the whole array of VIP exclusive podcasts like The Way Keller news bulletins, our post pay per view roundtables, The Fix that I host with Todd Martin, Everything with Rich and Wade, and an array of other shows with different hosts and different themes, along with unlocking our archives dating back nearly four decades nearly two thousand. Pro Wrestling Torch weekly newsletters over two decades, a podcast on demand dating back to the mid two thousand, starting with pay per view roundtables of fascinating retro radio shows, including many that I hosted in the nineteen nineties and an AD free website. Exclusive content on that website only for VIP members written and audio, and a lightning fast, smooth, AD free VIP mobile site for all of our content. Don't miss out on all the benefits. Treat yourself to a VIP membership PW torch dot com slash Go VIP go all the Way Go VIP, PW torch dot com slash Go VIP Now. PW Torch brings you the wage Keller Pro Wrestling Post.
Speaker 2: Show five years ago.
Speaker 1: This week on the Dynamite post Show, I was joined by Tyler Sage from PW Torch. We talked about Lance Archer's victory over John Moxley, was that his last big singles win, Also Britt Baker against Nyla Rose MGFF, bringing Nick Gage in to challenge the Painmaker, Chris Jericho, Chobo Garrau being paired with Onriday l Edelo, the enthusiasm of AW crowds, and whether AW could overtake Raw in the weekly ratings battle, and more. Over two hours nearly two and a half hours of analysis from five years ago. This week here on the way Teller Pro Wrestling Post Show five years ago, Dynamite flashback for Sunday, July nineteenth, twenty twenty six. The show originally live streamed on July twenty first, twenty twenty one. Well, Tyler, that was quite the adrenaline rush of very close to a show. My only description I had time for in my written report was JFC exclamation mark. Wow. Lance Archer, the new IWGPUS champion, beating John Moxley, who got stuck to barbed wire after being slammed off the ring apron threw a couple of tables and curled up barbed wire. That was not the most amazing spot of the match, one of the most And I don't want to glorify it because it seems to me like possible per palysis when Archer dropped, slammed, choke slammed Moxley onto the back of those two chairs that were set up and back to back, and they just didn't give you know, I mean, it just feels like the spinal cord could break or something. I think mine would, but Moxley seemed fine. They cut to crowd shots.
Speaker 2: I'm not alone. They went up to a close up.
Speaker 1: Of a fan who was like, oh my god, this is part of Aw's brand and this crowd. John Cena would not have had to do any heavy lifting to get this crowd warmed out. Oh my god, this is what wrestling pro wrestling experience is meant to be.
Speaker 2: Like, if you're in the building and that energy level.
Speaker 1: Made you know, clunky spots here and there irrelevant, you know what I mean, you don't want to just accept them and not try to get better, and you want to have a roster that minimizes them. But like when you have a crowd this into everything, practically, you can like not be super smooth and perfect. So yeah, Archer the new champ. I mean, that's that's a headline coming out of the show. Your thoughts, well, actually nick age might be for some people, but your thoughts on the main event.
Speaker 3: Yeah, First of all, I'm surprised by your reaction. I know it seems to be whenever I'm on the show there's some sort of death match in the show, because I think I was at the on the post show with Britt Baker and thunder Rose after their their epic battles. So I'm just like kind of surprised by your reaction. But you know, I think that's good. I think the live Crab really helps, like you said, gloss over some things that may not be the most ideal way to present your product week in and week out. I think you've stated that well, and you know this work for me. I'm I'm a once ever listening to he knows, I'm a I'm a fan of this type of wrestling more than others. And that spot that you described, yes, was you know, that's I'm shouting out expletives in my in my house, hyping up my report here because it is just like something that especially you know, if you have not watched crazy wrestling all the time, and that's the spot that gets set up a lot but doesn't actually fall through because yeah, it's too crazy to actually do. So yeah, that was that was there. I kind of lost your initial question because I was taken back by your your opinion of which I'm happy with. But yeah, I mean, yeah, it was a adrenaline Russian. I think this is a good sample for next week. I don't know how much Chris Jericho is gonna let Nick Age do, but that type of wrestling, I doubt there's gonna be light tubes or anything like that, but it might be a lot for two weeks back to back, So I'm kind of curious see how they they treat that and where that'll be and how that'll be booked. But uh, but yeah, this is a W's brand and the live crowd, Yeah, I mean, much much harder for this start to finish than than it was earlier in the week in the same city. Not not the same fans, I'm gonna guess, but yeah, I know it was. It was a stark difference, and I think that is something that Tony CON's gonna be very happy about and try and try and be a little tip in his cat.
Speaker 1: And let me be clear, this is not my favorite match. This is not my favorite kind of match, but I can watch, like I don't know a lot about much of anything about like European soccer football, But if crowd's going completely apesient crazy, I mean, I'm gonna you can pull me in, you know, if if everybody's just so yeah, I mean, some of the violence, it's like, you know, the Jabin with the fork, it's just like, I mean, it's it's not I've seen some wild death matches in person, going back to Bruiser Brodie and Crusher.
Speaker 2: Blackwell and Matt Dogva, Sean and I loved it.
Speaker 1: So it's not like I'm like a snob about It's just that's not like my favorite thing. And I think there's been some garbage wrestling that I've seen, you know, some ultra violent matches. It just felt like garbage wrestling. It felt excessive, you know, tax, and like, I think that's kind of played out.
Speaker 2: Did we get tax in this match?
Speaker 3: So it can be done.
Speaker 1: It can be done, people, That's my point, Like you can do this kind of match and not go to some tired cliches. We didn't get fake beer bottles, you know, like the you know, the breakaway like, so this is just really well done for this style of match, and like I said, the crowd elevated it like crazy. I'm not a fan of blows to the head, you know, with whether it's FOURD objects or not. I mean, I just think people need to be careful about that. And you know, the bloodlust and adrenaline and feeding frenzy of crowd heat can drive wrestlers to do crazy things. And there's a list of VCW wrestlers who didn't make a page fifty who were feeding into that, so you know, I mean that's up to Tony Kahan to a degree to you know, I'm just trying to pour a bucket on this, but you know, let's let's let's not Let's keep in mind, you know that wrestlers are people too, and this kind of crowd reaction is is addictive, and you know it can pull wrestlers into and promoters frankly into booking these types of matches a lot, and so you know, just be real careful. But the thing about this is it I mean, yes, there was some no selling a crazy big moves, you know, middle finger to whatever the paradigm shift spot was and all that, but it felt like they really made what they did count, like I it was. It would be crazy to say they didn't get gratuitous, but it didn't seem gratuitous for gratuitous sake.
Speaker 2: We'll see what happens next week with Nick Gage.
Speaker 1: So yeah, my minitor reaction and again, I'm just pulled into any kind of you know, crowd going nut situation. When it works, it's not about you, it's it's it's about is this product working. And it was just a wild ride, you know, Dynamite's a wild ride. I mean, the way they were into Britt Baker and Nila ros everything, you know, I mean Jericho at the beginning. I mean, you know, they're in a groove, and I think ratings should keep going up with the core demo. You know that just that eighteen to forty nine maybe up to you know, the twenty five to fifty four number doesn't get talked about as much. Advertisers love that one too, and you know w B's you know, that's not their Their strength is more, you know, older people above age fifty five, and you know, kind of legacy fans who are loyal to the brand. And then there's obviously kids. You know, they market the kids, and aw is just going, Oh, there's that whole middle zone advertisers love, let's super serve them, and I feel like they're doing that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would agree. I mean that's you know, the zone that I'm in personally, and you know, I don't let my let my I don't know biases right the word, but you know, I definitely prefer watching this every week then I do, you know, I mean Raw was okay a couple of nights ago. Is better than it has been, but you know, it still feels a little bit more like a slog the third hour does that, so it's not to be a versus thing bit. I mean, I think all your points are about there.
Speaker 1: Well, I wrote in my report at pw torch dot com and my final thoughts on the show right before logging on to do this, it's such a contrast to what w B is doing. Even if even if w B was doing what they try to do immaculately, which they're not, this is just a whole different breed of pro wrestling. I mean, the segment with Pak and Androtti and stuff like that never make WWTV, you know, there's just too much Spanish. But it didn't matter. They could have bounce between German and Russian. And the way the crowd isn't do it in the authenticity of it, and the cool characters and the fact that they seemed like genuinely expressing real feelings, not reciting memorized lines. It pulls me in, you know. So yeah, I mean, so it was a lot of fun. Well, let's introduce ourselves and not talk too long before we get to phone calls. This is the Wade Keller Pro Wrestling post show for Wednesday, July twenty first, twenty twenty one. I'm Wade Keller, host of the program. I'm the founder, editor publisher of the Pro Wrestling Torch weekly newsletter and the website pew toorch dot com, the most frequent guest in Steve Austin podcasting history, and also a host of many free and VP exclusive shows throughout the week, including yesterday's Tuesday flagship The Way Keller Prossing podcast that's a separate feed from our post shows. Both pop up when you search Wade Keller on your podcast app. When you search wad Keller, subscribe to the Blue Show and you can hear Jason Paul from Promissing dot and joined me for discussion on a wide wide range of topics, a lot on a big weekend for WWE in particular, and that just crazy Carrion cross situation and in much more. We went well over two hours, in like two and a half hours, So that's available for you if you haven't hit download on that yet. But tonight we're here to talk exclusively about a EW Dynamite with my cohls. Tonight Tyler Sage from the Podcast of Honor podcast. I was gonna say VP exclusive, but we have moved you to the PW Torch Daily Cast lineup coming out of the Pandemic Here and Ewan Ryan Sullivan do a great job with not only covering ROH news and events and TV shows, but also tons of exclusive interviews over the past year and a half. Tyler, welcome back to the coast here.
Speaker 3: Hey, thanks, happy to be here. And yeah, thanks for the playgain. We're on daily cast now so every Thursday or show drops, so very excited about that. Thank you for the opportunity of their way, and yeah, it's been great. So yeah, let's uh, let's talk to me.
Speaker 1: So can you say the what is the most populated city in the United States?
Speaker 4: Tyler?
Speaker 3: It's in New York City, Yes.
Speaker 1: Not North Like Cody Shavani struggle to say, that was a fun moment. I thought this. I bring that up in part because I thought the announcers seemed to be having fun tonight, and I felt that last week too. I think kind of like Kenny Omega, shines is a heel playing off of a live audience more than playing a bunch of empty seats or scattered fans in you know, an outdoor venue. When there's like that real feedback, he seems to thrive and whatever it could be other things to going on that that are that are you know, just adjusting his charac I think Rashavani X caliber. Despite the travel, which could make Ross especially grumpy, it feels like they're having more fun. Maybe it's a result of Ross just sort of kicking it up a gear after slipping up with Adov dynamite thing or variety of factors. But they I don't know, hear things. I don't know how well they get along, you know, after the show's always but or even during the shows, as we hear sometimes. But this scene, it's it's it's more fun when they all seem to be having fun. And I thought, you know, there it wasn't excessive, they didn't make it all about them, but there was a looseness and a chemistry between them tonight with some some fun moment, especially given Shavani a hard time at different times, and I thought the flow is good. I think their chemistry has improved. And your quick thoughts on that, Tyler, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I agree. I think just like you know, when you think about people that you work with, your coworkers, how easily can you kind of save them? And Excalibur a couple of times here with finishing sentences that Ross and Tony couldn't finish, and it didn't feel like there's malice behind it. It felt like he was really helping them out and and then they thanked him. So yeah, those little things go a long way to show you that they are on better footing than they were maybe you know, six months ago, three months ago, something like that. So yeah, I agree.
Speaker 1: Yep, all right, So we have our phone lines open right now. We're live about twenty minutes after Dynamite ended, and we invite you to join us. So if you haven't called in yet, but you're listening to our live stream, give us a call. We'd love to hear from first time callers or people coming back now that crowds are back, which certainly you know understandably is the case for a lot of you and of course are regulars. Also, our phone number is three four seven two one five eight five five eight. That's three four seven two one five eight five five eight when you call, push one on your keypad. If you would like to be brought onto the show, you can also email us at Wade Keller Podcast at pw torch dot com. That's Wade Keller Podcast at pw torch dot com. If you've done I loaded our show late Wednesday night or sometime on Thursday, and you want to know how to listen live. It's commercial free and available to stream live after Dynamite goes off the air. Roughly five minutes after it goes off the air, we go live. You can find a link to that at PW torch dot com in my report on Dynamite. Same thing applies as Friday after SmackDown and next Monday after Raw. You can also follow us on Twitter at pw torch and near the end of the show I put up a tweet there with a direct link to the live stream also, and if that all fails, you can just go to Wadekeller Post show dot com. That's a homepage and navigate to the live stream. So multiple ways to find us, and we invite you to join us for the live portion. We are hoping to hear from one or two of our on site correspondence. One of them said there might be a conflict after the show where he won't be able to well, so we'll see how it goes. I did hear from one of them that the Nick Gage announcement was He said about half the people knew him and half didn't, you know, which sounds about right, just in terms of an AW crowd. You know, I think people can watch AW and not have watched you know, Nick Gage documentaries, understand what his story is, but about half the crowd new. I venture to guess it'd be a lot less if John Cena had dropped his name on RAW on Monday. But it was super intense, so we'll get into that. I want to hear what you guys think of that. Also. I think that is the end of the plugs for now, so let's go ahead and begin to bring some other people into the conversation. Your time is valuable. Go vip and listen to our show's commercial free a nice streamline listening experience. Pw Toorch dot com slash go vip for full details on a commercial free listening experience, and with a full VIP membership, you can create custom feeds for individual shows or groups of shows by theme, and also unlock nearly four decades of archives and access our ad free website with VIP exclusive content. Pw Torch dot com, slash go vip. Your time is valuable, and that's one of the reason since we offer v I P membership PW Torch dot Com slash go v IP, we will start with We'll go with Nick and Bradleburrow first. Nick, You're so patient, always waiting for so I'm gonna bring you on early here and get your thoughts on things. Go ahead, Nick, what do you think of dynamite tonight?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: Well, thank you for for for for getting me on. Hi, Tyler, how are you doing. I want to thank you for all your r O H information. It's really helping me on my hits and missus Anyway, I want to know who still makes metal garbage camps? The only use they have is in wrestling matches. Yeah, there's something to that, you know, I see you metal garbage can go. Oh that thing is getting bent. Just I think this show is great. I thought, you know, yeah, I mean the last match could turn some people off. It's not my superstyle, but I can take it now and then, especially with someone like Moxie Moxley, who you know that's his thing. And I'll really compliment aw because when they did the split screen, I refused to call it picture and picture. It was during that was mostly the time Moxley was setting up the tables, he was throwing chairs into the ring. He was It was kind of like they used that moment to do all the stuff, to get stuff set up, and then they got right back right before he jumped and he squished his ankle in the in the chair. So it's like, you know, it was it was perfect. That's the that's what she should use a commercial break for the crowd still into it. But you as the viewer, aren't really missing anything super super serious. I just thought I thought the whole show was just they took it up and down. I just thought it was I thought it was great.
Speaker 1: They are getting better at what they do. I mean, that's just, you know, a year and a half ago, they weren't as good as they are now at doing a live TV show with all the little things that WWE has mastered and polished to a point of it seeming sterile, you know, and two formulaic that is not an aw problem.
Speaker 2: And they made this.
Speaker 1: You know, they make a lot of things work that were clunky. You know that we would have been pointing out a year and a half ago, Tyler, There's there's more, you know, there's there's more elbow grease put into some of the between match segments. There's more pizazz in terms of the presentation of the product, but they haven't sacrificed the other stuff, you know, the promos and the matches in the angles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree, And just on you next point on using the commercial break, I mean, it's it's formulaic in a good way that AW typically does the kind of slow you know, like for example, another example and I the Blade did most of his uh you know, offense during a break, and then as soon as they came back from break, Orange Cassidy got his comeback and the crowd popped, and it just makes the show feel a lot more lively. And uh yeah, it just just those little things work really well. And having set the you know, promo packages right before the break to get you excited for the following week, and just setting up matches week in and week out effectively, it's just uh yeah, it's good stuff by then.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Nick, back to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The I also, I'm really happy they got Travo to be with Andrade now. And it's i whether they originally thought, Okay, Vicky's the one and this is going to be great, or they changed, you know, they jumped off one horse and jumped onto another mid stream. It works because he's a guerrero. I mean, it just it it brings in someone much better for Andra da without. Oh, we made a big mistake with Vicky. We gotta we gotta make it, make a big change. And I agree with you completely that whole segment the Spanish. I'm not a Spanish speaker, it didn't bother me. I thought it was kind of cool that because they're in Texas, probably a quarter to a half of that audience speaks Spanish or at least some Spanish, so that they got a reaction to the pure Spanish from the from part of the audience. So you were like, Okay, I don't know what he said, but it was something cool because and then they had the guy, and then they had uh Penta's guy translate, and Androtte got most of what he needed to say out in his style, and he actually kind of seemed to own it. Yeh that he Okay, I'm not the best English speaker, but it doesn't matter because I'm Andrade l L L eat alone, you know. I mean, it's just I thought that was great and Chavo in a nice suit. I just think I think it was. I thought it was a perfect transitioning andrade up the ladder a little.
Speaker 1: Bit is Uh, how would you explain Tyler the face heel dynamic in that segment where is it a pickum?
Speaker 5: Is it?
Speaker 1: Or are we being steered in a real direction?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I think Andred is is pretty solidly the heel. Now, Tavo did give me big keel manager vibes which went in there. It was like, wow, you remember me, This is great. I don't think that was all.
Speaker 1: The talents unbelievable.
Speaker 2: You guys are great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like that weird, a weird way to get heal heat. That was and that was my point, like, you know, bailing out of the ring at the end, clearly on RAIDI is a heel the way he's cocky. You should be listening to me. And they're like, you know, we're not, you know, Pak saying they don't work for me.
Speaker 2: We're a family.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's it's such a What I loved about that, except for Chavo, was the clear heel face dynamic, Like I don't want Pawk to be a tweeener. I don't want penton Ry Phoenix to be like well, it's circumstantial depending on who they're who they're facing. I like, give me clear cut reasons, because that's what's fun. It's it's I mean, yes, cheering wildly for spots and big moments. Of course, that's a great part of pro wrestling. But I want to have I want to like some people and dislike some people, just like when I watch sports, and this gata to me. I asked you because the Chavo thing did throw it off a little, and I want Chavo can be a really effective, annoying, cloying, annoying, whiny heel. He's not the coolest guy, and Androtti's like the coolest guy, So I'm not one hundred percent sold on Chavo yet either, other than relative to Vicki, it's it's an upgrade. I want to see how he kind of matures into this and it isn't just sort of the kind of plane speaking, you know, whatever, whatever he was before. Like, I want to know what actually has I get. They're trying to make Andrada, you know, build on the Guerrero history, and there's so much of what Tony Kahan, you know, lived through the Monight War era and beyond, and he really wants to kind of recreate special moments like that.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: I think it's smart to a degree, but I want to see Chavo grow into this spot as opposed to oh my god, you remember being I'm so happy to be here and you guys are great, which is kind of the vibe I got.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree, and I have similar reservations on Chavo in general, but we'll see. You know, I don't know. If it's not working, maybe they can do where Andrade is, you know, treat him unwell and then I don't know what you do with him after that. But uh yeah, I think it'll be a week by weekend and this is definitely a course correction that needed to happen, so I think he'll get the benefit of doubt for at least a couple of weeks because he's not Vicky. So you know, I think AW has showing the ability to pivot and either use characters or repackage them in a way that that uses them to the best capacity. So we'll see where it goes. But you know, I give them the benefit of the data at this point. With with with the characters that they introduced.
Speaker 1: Well, Tyler, would you rather have chav will come out and be like, thank you everybody for remembering me.
Speaker 2: I bet you think I'm grateful, but I'm not.
Speaker 1: I don't care about it any you know, Like and Pivot's just immediately from that that star reaction A, He's back to don't even think for a second that I care what you think about me. Like, just go a heel on him. I mean, the fans would love it. They'd laugh, they'd smile, and then they boo for fun like I would have done that. Like that's the only thing about the segment that you know, I don't know. I mean, we can see where they go with him, but I don't think there's a lot that Chavo did to help the dynamic other than he can be the English speaking version of what Andrade just said.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I agree, And I think you know, if I were giving him bullet points, not scripting him, I would tell him to, you know, be like, oh, this is the big you never cheer for me like this before, so thanks for finally doing it, and then like turn on him that way that he never got the respect he deserved, and then Dry gives him respect and go that whole angle and turn to do a heal instantly, I think would have been much better course, because you know, it's been so long since it's been a major character on you know, wrestling television, that you could basically establish him instantly as that kind of character and it would work and we'd have memories of him. But this new character would be establish pretty quickly. And I think, you know, they'll have to do that next week or the week after, and then it'll feel a little foreign and then we'll and then we'll finally accept it four weeks from now. But yeah, kind of an odd.
Speaker 1: Start on Nick anything else for us.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just I think it's it's a great battle for Andrade to be in because he can have If you do two matches each, you've got six matches against great opponents for him, all of all four you know who can move and and just you know, they all seem to lay it in pretty hard. And it's just I'm just excited about seeing that whole dynamic work out and seeing the fights. I mean, I uh, it's just going to be fun to watch. And uh, I think as long as the a W keeps promoting fights ahead of time so that you know what you might be getting, I'll appreciate that, unlike all the surprises you get on WWE that that it's like, huh what who? I wasn't expecting that, you know.
Speaker 1: But they're not putting they're not putting them out there in the ring to have good matches. They're they're they know they can have good matches, and they will have good matches, and that's awesome. But they're giving them this storyline, this backstory that feels real and it feels relatable. So now they're more to it than just look at those cool moves, because that's not enough, Like it's I want it. I want it to be part of every you know, just about every you know feud, like yeah, good good more than confident wrestlers, excellent athletes doing great work, but don't say, well, the smaller guys who do great wrestling, we'll just put out there to kind of give fans like that at dose, but then we'll give these other people the real good promos like no, you can actually combine those two things, And it seems like that is what they're doing here. They're they're building on Andreiday's cool factor and presence and finding a way to support to support him and make the fact that he's not speaking English cool and part of his gimmick or not, not that he's not speaking any but that it's not his strength, that that doesn't seem like something that he now has to feel insecure about. And in WWE, it's just it sucked out the bravado that he had because he felt self conscious because of the position he was put in, and that is not the case now.
Speaker 5: Yep, yeah, I agree with you, and that's all I got. I just it was a great Oh, I guess I really, I thoroughly had a great two hours.
Speaker 2: Awesome, thanks and I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: All right, byebye, yeh, take care.
Speaker 4: Hey everyone, longtime PW torch commist Sean radikin here to let you know I've rebamped and renewed the Raticant Worldwide podcast for twenty twenty six, a weekly VIP exclusive. Every week, I break down four or five of the biggest trending topics in pro wrestling. I also present my analysis, providing insight that helps you understand the story better or see it another way. Then maybe is the controversial takeout there? Then I bring on a special guest for the second half of the podcast. Sometimes it's a wrestler or someone else who works in the business. Other times it's a guest analyst who brings their specialized point of view at a particular key topic.
Speaker 3: In the news.
Speaker 4: Recent guests have included Bronson Reid from WWE and PCO. One of my areas of specialty is the Japan wrestling scene, so I often cover a big topic from Japan with PW Torch's own Alan Farrell, Kelly Wells, and Chris Lansdell. I don't just cover the news. I don't just riff on the news or give a standard hot take. I'll bring my decades of studying this industry and talking one on one with dozens of rest and promoters to each week's show, so you understand not just what's happening, but the context of why get ahead of the news, get ahead of the pack with racking worldwide only at PW Torch VIP.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Hitting in London, Ontario. Next, go Ahead Hidden. What do you think of Dynamite tonight?
Speaker 6: So just a contra point to the main event. This is exactly the sort of match that made me stay away from.
Speaker 3: A lot of other promotions.
Speaker 6: And let me just say I don't mind Violin matches, Randy Orton versus Make Foley, Triple H versus Make Foley, make Fully versus Edge. Those are all still matches I go back and I enjoy from time to time. But this match, and I think I said it last week as well, didn't have a story. And this is one of w This one of aw's flaws that continues is something they haven't corrected, is they'll give you this, They'll give you a match like Baker versus Rosa, with a very poorly told story for that one. This and in this one, almost zero story for a title that belongs to another promotion. Now I'm not trying to, you know, be contrarian or needlessly trash AW because Dynamite is the only show I watch and or at least week to week, but just imagine what this match could have been had there been some good Mike Foley level storytelling For weeks on end within AW Cannon, like the only story was, hey, remember the death match. They had another promotion that did an air on any of the same television networks that the current fan base is used to right so frankly, I mean I when it began, I went for a bathroom break. Then I came back. I did get into the match like I would a generic spotfest, But then I thought, do I really want to see any of them get their rast's kick right now? Do I feel for Lance Archer or John Moxy the way I felt for Triple Agent that I want to see this asshole just get his ass kick, Just drive him into thumbtacks or you know, root on Mick Buley. You know, I don't want him to retire, et cetera. I wasn't feeling that. I'm like, Okay, match is over.
Speaker 3: He lost a.
Speaker 6: Title that I don't really care about. So yeah, I know I should tell about someone more acquainted with New Japan explain.
Speaker 1: Well, that's no, no, your your your your point of view is valuable. You don't you don't have to defer to somebody who has watched a bunch of New Japan to have the feelings you had. They trust me, ae W and TNT do not only want people who know and are familiar with and love New Japan to watch Dynamite, So your point of view is absolutely essential to their growth. So ty I've got something to say to that. But Tyler, I want to get your take first.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think you know all your points two, I would just say that you know the matches you were referring to or you know, big pay per V matches that were kind of the keystone of the company at that time, and this is this was a match that you know made event a TV, but it was for a belt that you know, it's not part of this company. If if John Moxley was AW World Champion, I think this match would have had that build up if if he was going to drop it. So I just think it's it's you know, what the match needed to be. And an AW style right now is to put on like a lot of top tier matchups that don't have a great story week by week. I mean, for example, Malachi Black and Cody Rhodes is going to be on TV and in two weeks or through whatever it is, and I thought that was going to be it all out you know, probably still will be. But I think it just depends on you know, what you're looking for. And I don't think this match was ever booked to be a great story that people are gonna remember for a long time. It's more of a you know, people talking about the match after the show being like Wow, that was a crazy match for TV, and then we'll kind of kind of fade off in the memory it was kind of the plan. That's just kind of my my vibe on is that this is just a way to keep a hot product week in and week out by having matches that are exciting but maybe don't have the greatest story going into it because they don't have time to build those that many matches over and over again. But Wade, what was your tape?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that this was a TV made event. This wasn't a major pay per view match. And what I like about Dynamite in contrast to w is not everybody who faces everybody is wrestling each other because there's a personal feud that's long running and has multiple matches. This I like the variety of reasons that we see matches in AW and it's like in w TOBE, there's like, I don't know, I'd have to sit down and like think there's a real little more, but it feels like probably eighty percent of them happen because they're a major they're involved in a major feud that will culminate at a pay per view, and fifteen percent is some other title title match, but not a few of some kind and five percent is like, you know, just to humiliate somebody. And with AW, it's like there's like, you know, probably six or seven main reasons matches take place are pretty evenly divided. Some of them are intense feuds. Sometimes it's up just a contendership match or a showcase match, or it's there to let somebody shine a little bit against somebody who also gets in you know, some spot sometimes too many, but in the end it's there to kind of feature with the star, and it's a backdrop and a buffer between other matches. Like my point is, there's lots of reasons matches happen. And one of the things about the AW brand that I like that is an adjustment and I'm I'm a voice often on the other side saying AW, be careful that you don't make people feel excluded from this special club that a lot of hardcore fans take great pride in. Who are the first to wear Bullet Club T shirts before every dork was wearing them, you know, whatever their attitude is about that, they're always on the cutting edge. They're the Bellweather fans, the influencers, the cool kids at the lunch, you know, the cool lunch table. Aw sometimes caters to them in a way that I think does make others feel excluded.
Speaker 2: So I have to be careful about that. And I bring that up.
Speaker 1: Because I think it's a legit hindrance to their growth at times, or you know, I think it has been and it could continue to be. However, sometimes you don't need to know everything to know this is a big deal and it's cool and there's something at stake here because there's five to fifteen thousand people going absolutely that'tch you crazy for it, and they go balls out and they're cool characters and they're battling over a championship that you don't know a lot about. But the announcers have enough credibility with you that if they tell you it's important, then there's a history to it. You're like, all right, i'll watch. And that's why I feel about, you know, a college basketball game now and then on a rainy, you know, Saturday afternoon, like, well, I don't really know, I don't even know where this college is, and I'm not a huge college basketball fan. But if the crowd's going crazy and I hear an announcer voice, I trust I'll get into it, especially if it's like, you know, the fourth quarter and it's close. So to me, it's like I like that a you. But it is an adjustment because it's different that matches happen for different reasons and not just mostly one reason. And if it's a good match and the characters of charism and the crowd super into it, I think you can get away with it. So that's kind of my framing of it.
Speaker 6: Hidden I would I would concede that if it wasn't a Texas deathmatch. I just don't. Yeah, I just don't see any reason for this speaking of death match, like takeaway, Fine, if you want unique competitors, two charismatic individuals competing for a foreign title, which is you know, still a prestigious title like I've seen Russell Kingdom shows like that. They do a good job. But I don't follow the product, you know, as closely as I need to, and I just don't get away it's a death match. But like for a death match, I want to see I want to be able to feel like I'm emotionally invested in I just wasn't emotionally invested in this. And Monsley is my favorite wrestler of the past, probably decade or so, and I don't know, but anyway, I'll think I've said my piece on it. I want to move on to the UH to another similar related point. What are your early thoughts on Wheeler Utub from a character standpoint? I don't know who he is. I mainly just know him from reading the the Dark reports on the Torch. I don't know why he's suddenly friends with Orange Cassidy and yeah, Calbert says he's the protege of Orange, but I don't know how much training Orange gives him. And I'm like, when did Orange become a trainer and when did they meet? Show me the moment they met, and like his style is so different from Oranges, but how does this fit?
Speaker 2: I don't know?
Speaker 6: So what are your What are your thoughts here?
Speaker 1: Tyler over? Are you first on that one too?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So I've been a fan of Wheeler for I don't know a few years now, and he was in when Ring and Wonner came back from the pandemic. He was in their Pure tournament and worked a couple dates with them, and they did not sign him, which I think they should have. So you can go to the podcast of Honor tomorrow and listen to my thoughts on that. But yeah, I think he's I think he's really good. And this he's definitely shoehorned into this because Trent is hurt, gonna be out for a while, and obviously they wanted to have the three male members of of the Best Friends, and he just kind of feels shoehorned in because he's a good worker. So yeah, I mean, I don't think there's a lot of good storytelling there and and and it shows and yeah, I mean I think that's probably the low marks from a presentation standpoint on the show is just the presentation of a Wheeler in that story and then kind of that blade orange cat all of this. That was kind of the lowest I had on this show. So I wo'd agree with you that, you know, Wheeler's good. He's kind of a job to the stars right now and it gets a couple of spots in and looks athletic, but you know, he's a guy kind of reminds me of like Lee Johnson or something that'll lose a bunch and then and then be with that group and and and maybe become somebody down the road. But yeah, so it's it's it's it's not good explanation of just uh, it's a This is one of the things where don't even explain it, because that's probably better than trying to shoehorn it in and explain it when half he announcement doesn't know what's going on.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I think they don't get a great grade for explaining who he is and why he's hanging out. I mean the they sort of try and come own. Now you can see why the best friends want to hang out with him? What they best friends just want to hang out with people who are you know, undersized but fit and athletic. Like what I don't get that? Like why you know, what is it that we know about the best friends that makes his ring style something that would make them then also friends. So yeah, I mean this is not a strength of aw when they decide, hey, we want to get this guy some TV time. He's good, he can give some good matches and he's a small guy, but he can make he can he can make the smaller part of the ae W roster not just obviously seem small, but work their style and keep up and be competitive. And I think that's why he's there. You know, he's trustworthy and in the ring and out of it, and you know whatever, whatever the reasons are that people end up getting on dynamite and that's there. So yeah, I mean, but it's it's fine, it could be better. But sometimes you know, it's not like they're just ignoring it at all. It's just not a very good explanation. But I think he's good enough and the story that they tell with him is good enough that I don't see it as like a pulling down the show or anything like that. It's next level coverage that you come to expect from the PW Torch brand. No AI, no rookie perspectives, no unfounded rumors, no clickbait, no deceptive headlines, just high quality writing, breaking news, and fascinating flashbacks every day at PW torch dot com. Pull yourself away from the evacuous social media experience that I know many of you regret once you get lost in it for minutes, if not hours at a time, and settle in for high quality PW Torch branded wrestling coverage.
Speaker 2: Hitting A.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I want to bring up something that I that I briefly mentioned last week, but I think today it applies as well regarding the uh, the Elite and the Hangman Page and Dark Order segment. So I think, well, first of all, I thought that, you know, Omega is getting good heat, which is not something I expected, and and Page is getting you know, same reactions he got prior to the pandemic. So I like that. I think Page has a little bit a little bit ways to go in terms of mic work, but I think you'll get there. My problem, I think is there are too many Dark Order members and they aren't exactly jobbers either, Like they're not on the level of the social outcasts in in WW a few years back, like they you know, they've challenged for championships before. So like the Elite, I feel just aren't having enough moments to get enough heat or enough you know, or generating enough sympathy for Hangman Page with you know, beat down or something like that. That Dark Order just kind of runs out like this giant army, like like they're like and they's so you know, there's just so many of them that just feels like, Okay, there's nothing that the Elite can possibly do short of just try and isolate them backstage, which you know, good luck with that because they always kind of hang out together anyway. Social distancing is not thing for them. So what are your thoughts on just this psychology. I know the crowd eats it up, but to me, it's like, I would really like the elite to kind of get a little more heat because we know Page is gonna win in the end, but there needs to be a better story told here, like better, I mean marginally, because it's already pretty good. But this is just like the perfectionist in me saying this.
Speaker 3: Tyler, your thoughts, Yeah, I mean I personally have an issue with it. I think it's my issue would be similar but not exactly the same, is that the run ins, the way the segments end have been kind of the same with the Dark Order in that same method. So I do think, you know, the Elite trapping them in a room and having Page on an island and getting keen on him, you know, on the lead up to maybe the multiman tag match would be good or something like that. You know, changing it up in general is good, but you know, I guess I just don't view the Dark Order as a threat, even as you know, even if they were, you know, ten to five Dark Order to Elite members I think the Elder books so strong that I would I still feel good about the elite to odds there, so I think that helps with me not being too worried about it. And yeah, I mean, I guess we'll talk about it later or now. But I'm not so sure Page is going to win this. But that's just my opinion. Maybe we can save it for later if we need to. But what do you think?
Speaker 1: I I'm not sure, but I feel like the crowd would like to see it. I think Omega is doing a good enough job right now with Kallous that it just some of it's going to come down to the lay of the lane. I mean, unless they just have it locked in and they absolutely know where they want to go after that and after that. But I think crowd responses are gonna have something to do with and they are on a a what is it politicians say, A listening to her when they when they are going to declare their candidacy or there's some tax reason they can't yet or something. I can't remember the details on it. But I'm gonna go on a listening tour. But I'm not running yet. AW is on a listening tour, you know, I mean, I think they want to know what's working, what's not. You know, what options do we have with wrestlers who show up and sign? I mean see them. Punk rumors are blowing up, Daniel Brian rumors are blowing up. So I mean, if CM Pump gets signed or Daniel Brian gets signed in their baby faces, Kenny Wagus should keep the title and they should make lots and lots of money with those matches. First, if Punk's gonna come in as a heel and be some anti aw person that you'd be great antagonists for Hangman Page, for instance, Danie Briand should be a baby face. I'm not gonna entertain that notion. So that's my point, you know, I mean, but it's it's two good choices, because I think Kenny's doing a good enough a good job now. He seems to be putting some thought into his wardrobe and his hair, and it sounds weird to say that, like, well, who cares. Well look at him for a while, he looked like he woke up from a nap and didn't care.
Speaker 2: And it's like now.
Speaker 1: It looks more major league. It just it does. He's a more polished act and all that stuff adds up and makes a difference and it so anyway, yeah, I'm final canny keeping it.
Speaker 2: But Hayman pitched as.
Speaker 1: Far as the number of Dark Order members, I mean, the crowd pop for them tonight. You know, I'm not a listening tour too. You know, it's not all about what I think. I mean, I want to listen to what crowds react to and the dynamic with Hangman and Dark Orders and for everyone. But I'm fine with it not being a faction that you can name everybody because it I don't think it's they're not. I mean, John Silver is sort of the star of the group, but I mean Cocabat is like a good talker and a veteran and he's had TV exposure in a lot of companies, but he just sort of stands around, you know. I mean it's it's more about the some of the parts than it's more about the whole than the individuals that make it up. So anyway, I don't know if I answered everything, but I hit any follow up to that are closing words.
Speaker 6: You make some good points there. I just wanted to respond to one thing regarding the uh the Chavo Guerrero appearance. I was my first full year as a wrestling fan was oh four when Chavo is a strong made card, so I do have a soft spot for him. I'm not sure how I feel about him managing Andrade. I don't think he oozes enough charisma or is good enough on the mic. But just regarding your your the babyface heel dynamic, this is what AW does all the time. Anytime someone makes a debut, they're always a baby face. Look at Miro for example, right like, he was just total I am all elite, screwww, all that sort of stuff. So they just kind of let them go. They're like, Okay, you, I don't care if you're managing freakin' Adolf Hitler. Right now, you're going to be a babyface and and then next week, let's do the heel stuff because you know, the crowd knows that the stuff's all fake anyway. So that's just another one of my pet peeves of AID. They just kind of let people I think vent a little too much when that venting can be done on podcasts. But yeah, otherwise, thank you guys very much for for taking my call. I really appreciate it. Uh, stay tuned for the Rampage hits and missus, which Wade was kind enough to let me handle starting August.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got Rampage coming up, Tyler. You know about that, I do.
Speaker 3: It was a shameless plug time or what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go for it, go for it. Oh thank you by the way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, so thank you Wade for for your give me the opportunity to do the Rampage post show. I think we're gonna do a rotating UH co host and we'll be either be exclusive or adding on to your SmackDown post shows and it'll be me in a guest host just recapping and talking about Rampage like we do here on UH for Dynamite or for Raw for SmackDown. So more details account that's kind of the rough picture right now. So yeah, very excited for that.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We will have coverage of Rampage at PW torch dot com, PW Torch VP dot com for our VPP members, on our ad free website, and UH audio coverage of it afterwards. So it is impossible for me to host the SmackDown post show and watch Rampage and do you know the normal reaction and we'll see I mean, you might be stuck with the thunder of a e W. Or it could be like this really cool tight hour that they just make. You know, this this really exciting, musty program that shows up smacked on every week. We'll see and you get the uh, the feast or famina of of that situation, Tyler.
Speaker 2: So looking looking forward to that, all right?
Speaker 3: A lot?
Speaker 1: Oh no, go ahead, I.
Speaker 3: Was gonna say, a lot of Nick Camarado made events. I'm very excited for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe the acclaimed will make make a return. Yeah, they've they've they've gone missing from Donamite.
Speaker 9: That is all right, need an extra dose of positivity in You're Wrestling pod. Will come join me Alan forel Over in the Progress Paradise at Peterboo Torch vip as we mask on the bright side of wrestling and focus on some of the great matches and shows from around the world, be it the US, Japan, Europe or Mexico. There's always a place for wrestlings past in the Paradise too, and we've done fun historical shows such as the We Love Liger series celebrating the glorious career of Jusian Thunderliger and our eye was there when shows where our guests will join me to talk about a classic bout that they were in attendance for. We love variety and you can expect lots of it at the Progress Paradise. Detailed pwof Torch VIP subscription information and a list of all the VIP benefits is available at pterwrew torch vipinfo dot com. And yes, all VIP podcasts are compatible with popular podcast apps on iPhone and Android devices, or you can stream them directly from our ad free VIP mobile site. See you in the Paradise.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Alex in Montreal, Quebec. We'll travel around Canada here, Alex, God hear from you again?
Speaker 2: What do you think of that?
Speaker 7: Hey?
Speaker 10: Wait, hey Tyler. Overall, I enjoyed the show. I thought last week's was a bit the w's booking of Love. Lance Archer, not just recently but like since he's come up. I mean he's basically always been kind of like built up as this monster who gets like, you know, pretty hot, and then he is there to be taken down. So whether that's by Cody, by miro By, I'm sure he's out at least one or two more at once in there. But yeah, it's right by Moxley as well. So this isn't actually his first time fighting Boxley and ae W. They fought at the Anniversary show in twenty twenty around October. And this week I got the feeling and I knew.
Speaker 6: It was going to happen.
Speaker 8: I knew he was going to win tonight.
Speaker 10: Because they have the Road two Special this week. They were really making him come over as as a babyface, as kind of like a hometown boy, as someone who's his whole life really hard. And Jake Roberts some commentary on Elevation this week that you know, also really put over Lance Archer that you know, he's fighting for what he deserves kind of saying. And those two things, the Road two Special and the Elevation Special just clicked in my mind, like it's happening. They're going to change the title this Wednesday, and I'm going to be happy for him because it also happened in his hometown in Texas, and it was just to me, a beautiful booking. You know, you like him getting knocked down.
Speaker 1: Oh sorry, your connection went out, so I thought you might have been done. Go ahead and finish your thought.
Speaker 10: Oh okay, No, I was just saying it was just the beautiful booking tonight. I thought with giving Archer this kind of timely win, because had he lost this time, I think maybe it would have been, you know, a bridge too far, one too many big losses, and he needed a significant win in ae W. And I think going over Moxley, I mean that's a feather in his cap that he can kind of have with him and hold proudly for quite a while. I think he can get a lot of juice out of that for for several months at least. So, yeah, I was just so happy with the booking and having Archer finally get his first major significant victory and his first major not really feud, but yeah, his first major real victory over a significant other character opponent in AW. So Yeah, just how have you felt about his booking so far? And did you feel, yeah, this was the right time, they made the right call.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Are you surprised by the title change and then what Alex had to say about you know, kind of a contrast to do to be you know, I mean even this week, you know, book the hometown guy to win and let the crowd enjoy it. Your your thoughts on that and just kind of a larger story arth that Alex brings up about Archer's role in AW and how they utilize him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was probably about sixty forty that was gonna you know, Maxley was going to retain. You know, that's more so to do with who does New Japan want to hold that belt? And you know, who do they want to have on New Japan strong? Could they get Moxley to work on that? It was that allowed all that sort of stuff. But yeah, so I was, you know, mildly surprised when Archer got the win here, but I totally agree that he needed to win here. I mean, I you know, I was going through his whole history and I can't think of one major win that that Archer has had. And you know, the most impressive thing that Archer has done is he's that I could think of without him losing, was him just getting instincts face a couple of times a few months ago and a every other time he's been on the losing end of the feud. So and uh so, yeah that was good and and and he up to this point has kind of been like every big guy in the eighties and w w F versus Hulcogain just kind of to everybody else. He was just that big guy that you know, was kind of a gatekeeper and like guys level up, like Miro and and Moxley and and and all those sort of guys, and you know that that's a good spot to be in. And he was booked in a way that one win here can you know, make him kind of a big time player again, which is good. And and I think, you know, at least in the past, I've been a little bit more negative than probably most people about having all these extra company belts, you know that that aren't AW belts, But I think it's a good use of when you have a different company's belt and you know, someone can lose it. It's not that big of a deal, but it can put somebody over, which is a net positive. So those are just kind of all my thoughts on on Archer. But yeah, I think he's been booked appropriately in my mind, and he's kind of being eated up here for you know, for someone to probably beat him down the line. I think this is about his apex within AW and I think that's totally fun.
Speaker 1: Alex anything else, Yeah, sure, I.
Speaker 10: Thought Jericho and Sean Spears really over delivered tonight. I thought that match could be like solid decent and it was that, And I thought a bit even better than that, the spots were pretty clever. I really liked the way they built up to the ending with Spears going into the chair in the corner and then just taking the Judas effect. So, you know, I wasn't very excited when we first announced these kind of like five labors of Jericho, But now after that performance and knowing that he's probably gonna put everything he can into making Nick Gage look like legit next week, I'm wondering if we could be in the midst of seeing kind of like a pretty special run from Jericho's character in aw because I thought tonight was a really strong start to this match series that he's going to have. So, yeah, what did you think of that match? And do you love Sean Spears as much as I do? Yet wide And uh, yeah, that's that's kind of my question there.
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, if I'm getting the kind of crowd reactions that Jerich was getting, I want to just wrestle every week. I mean, what that's I mean, it's got to feels so good for Chris to be in front of this these this generation of fans who are reacting to him.
Speaker 2: I think he's getting the.
Speaker 1: Best reactions of his career right now, which is saying something. And I've watched him dating back to him and Lance Storm in those you know, teeny bopper rock and roll express style intro videos for Smoking Mount Wrestling when he first debuted as a rookie, and so yes, I think if they throw somebody with different styles out of each week, and nick Age is certainly a surprise, uh, then that that's fun because that gives him a chance to do a real wide variety of things. I can't believe mg UF said, you know, it's the labors of Jericho, not Jericho going into labor. But based on his physical appearance, I can understand people being confused, like I can't believe this stuff MGF gets away with.
Speaker 2: That was amazing.
Speaker 1: And yes, when I watched Jericho's matches, it you watch to go what if I were a young wrestler, what would I be watching about the things Jericho was doing that I can learn from Because he's fifty years old, he's not in the best shape of his career, and yet he's doing really smart things structurally and timing and milking moments, and they're just you know, it's not about being as smooth and great of an athlete as he was fifteen or twenty years ago. That's that's not a thing, but it is study and watch and understand. You know, He's going to bring people up a level through efficiency and cleverness and being a ring general. And I thought there were some examples of that in this match. I didn't I'm blown away by the match, but yeah, I think it was more than it probably should have been if it worked somebody with Jericho smarts and and the brilliance of Sean Spears. Uh, Tyler, your thoughts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree with all that. I also think if I'm Sean Spears, I probably try and defend my character a little bit beforehand. I'd be like, do I have to do a head shot and then C four and you kick out of that? I would have maybe eliminated the head shot with the chair because I just kind of devalued John Spears even more so. I Mean, I know he's not the top guy in that group, but yeah, I thought that was a little much of a of a kick out there. But yeah, I Yeah, I mean, obviously Jeric was gonna win this, and I think the match was better than it had any right to be, to be honest, and yeah, I was just well told. It wasn't you know, the best work match everybody. Yeah, it was just the classic thing of you know, the story going into it, and you know, like that long term story that works, and this whole journey for Jericho, it's just it's just working really well. And you know, to go meta a little bit, what he signed in what mark of twenty eighteen, right or twenty nineteen, and you know, I think he signed a three year deal, So this could be some combination of him before he goes on tour with Fozzie in the fall, because I know those dates are confirmed, and you know, maybe his contracts coming up and he wants to have a good run and then you know, knowing Chris Jericho, he's you know, he's a mercenary and he'll he'll go to the highest bidder. So I would not be surprised if he took the money and wanted to have a good run here on the way out and wanted to be a big surprise at WrestleMania and Dallas next year. Or something like that if the contracts work out. But yeah, let's just be totally speculating. But you know, I think I think that's why we're seeing this intensity, that he's milking this this you know, like you said, way, I think it's the best reactions ever gotten and he wants to enjoy that.
Speaker 1: So yeah, Alex, anything else for us.
Speaker 10: Sure, just before I go this whole q T. Marshall thing. So the last two weeks he's had under one minute segments, which it leads me to believe that I think Tony Kahan has probably seen that, you know, this whatever this is with the actory, this faction maybe are not exactly a bust, but it's not working to the degree that maybe they were hoping for. And I'm wondering this kind of apology that he's promising that he will probably get or try to get out of Tony Shavanni next week is some kind of setup for Tony Shavanni bringing in someone to take out QT, to get like come up, to give them some come up and for you know, spilling coffee on him on National TV, or if someone's going to come to Tony Shavanni's aid and take out QT and kind of just it's not Bury the faction, but in a way, just give us a nice, conclusive goodbye to this story, because I just I don't find QT that compelling as a television character. And give him the time that he has been getting on TV lately, and how short that is. I think they're probably seeing that too, or maybe that's just me projecting my own desires onto what I want to happen. So yeah, just you know, I guess what I'm asking, What are the chances of QT taking a Shining Wizard from Brian Danielson A like.
Speaker 1: For Oh my god, I'd love for that to be like, see, I'm punk showing up. How dare you pick on Tony Shavanni Qt, Marshall, I want to see you on pay per view. And by the way, it's a protein shake. We have settled that dispute. It was not coffee. I'm pretty sure it was some sort of some something a little thicker than it than coffee. Point of contention solved. I guess, uh, Tyler, I mean, you know, yes, it's less than a mint. QT. Is is that still less than you know? Thirty forty five seconds too long of the factory? Do they belong on a w dark Is it TV time well spent? And are they doing too much with Shavanni as fun and gregarious as you know, the announcers joshing around and the birth Baker thing. Are they overdoing it or or I'm saying this like not even having a strong stance myself, I'll show my hand. Or is Tony like a good asset in this way? Like people like him and you know he plays well off of you know, wrestlers, and he's he gets sympathy, so you know it's it's fun and it's harmless and it's a small segment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do think it's too much time for QT personally. You know, it just seems like him in the Factory are a definitely a darker dark elevation act at this point, which after losing the feed to Cody, and I don't know who could come out that would look better for doing it, you know, if it's I would see someone like Derby or Orange Cassidy that level of someone that would come out and make the save. But even though it's just like a cute little story to make them, you know, look good for thirty seconds, So I don't even think that's worth it. For anybody, But yeah, I mean, and then when it comes to Tony, I think you probably keep it to one segment a week of him being either in the ring announcing someone bringing them in, or you know, being backstage and being kind of the someone that someone attacks. Yeah, I mean, I think it works. They've they've kind of led off a little bit. He was doing it three four times an episode a few weeks ago, and they've kind of let up a little bit. So I think they're in the right track with him. But I think he's a very sympathetic character in those roles and can work and when he gets cut off or even when he talks back a little bit to like someone like Don Kallish or Kenny Omega, I think it works well. So I think what we saw tonight was a pretty perfect use of him week in and week out. You know, maybe some weeks to use him a little more of, some weeks a little less, even it out across the weeks. But yeah, I think I think he's a valuable asset in that role.
Speaker 1: Very good Alex, always good here for you. Thanks for calling.
Speaker 10: Thanks guys, take care yep, you two all.
Speaker 1: Right number If you want to try to jump in three, four, seven, two, one, five eight, five to five eight, push one on your keypad when you call if you want to be on the show. Did you know that you can enjoy commercial free versions of all of your favorite Weight Color podcasts and people you Torch daily casts on Spotify. Just go to patreon dot com, search PW Torch and subscribe to a VIP membership tier. You get a seven day free trial by the way to kick the tires a bit and see if you like the service, and then sync it with Spotify and you can listen to commercial free versions of our free shows like The Way Keller post shows, the Weightkeller Podcast, Flagship Our Flashbacks, and also the PW Torch Day The cast lineup again all commercial free and nice streamline listening experience, but with third tier membership you can also unlock all the VIP podcasts, including Everything with Rich and Wade, The Fix with Todd Martin that I host with Todd every week, The Wade Keller News bulletins, post pay per view roundtables, and an array of other VIP exclusive podcasts with different hosts and different themes. Check out the lineup. Go to Patreon and search PW Torch and subscribe and sync it up with Spotify or stay within the Patreon ecosystem. Either way works. Go to Patreon and start your seven day free trial. We'll go next to Chris in Mount Palne, Newfoundland. Chris staying in Canada. Here.
Speaker 2: Good hear from you again. I want you to get down to it.
Speaker 7: Hey, gentlemen, you know, I think I like this a good deal less than most of the callers tonight. Not that it was bad or anything. It just it didn't really do for me what the last few episodes have done. I'm a bit worried, honestly. Just the trend here ECW showed that there's a heavy limit to the number of people who are willing to watch these hardcore matches. And it's not my thing, but I get that it's a lot of people's things, and I'm not going to begrudge anyone what they enjoy. But we had the Strap match a couple of weeks ago, we had this match this week, and now next week we've got what's going to be even more violent than what we saw this week. And that's three weeks in a row of matches that just would never make it onto a WWE program and I'm wondering is it too much.
Speaker 1: Nick age? Is gonna be too much for a lot of people? I mean, I am I am curious, you know, because do you pre record him? Or or am I buying the gimmick too much? Like is he going to violate live television standards like you know, Rush Rush and r Oh like violated r O H's like guidelines, Like I mean, I've heard that about it. It was just like you know, he's told, you know, don't do this and don't do that, we don't do that here, and he just does his own thing. Like is Nick Gage gonna be like that? And and or is there just gonna be a level of awe and respect and oh my god, look at this. I'm on TNT and I'm in the ring with Jericho. You know, yes, sir, you tell me what I'm gonna be, you know, like I don't know, I'm am I buying the the myth, the legend of in the nick gauge too much, or as Tony Shavani said, you know, there's a certain form of dose to b champion who you can check in with as far as that stuff goes. So no, I I mean I think your your voice, Chris in your waving a caution flag here is important. Like I watched this and it's like, hey, it's an adrenaline rush. The crowd super into it. It was a title change. I thought what they did mattered. They did more than they should have, you know, from a physical toll standpoint for my taste. But you know, we didn't get thumb tacks. There weren't a lot of There weren't some of the cliches, uh and and so all of that. You know, but you know, when nasers are going, I don't know if that's Moxley's blood on Arch or Archer's blood on Moxley or whatever. It's like every six weeks is probably good for good enough for this to be part of your brand. It might just be happenstance with you know the MGF Jericho Labor's Jericho thing that that this fits in. And Nick Gage is sort of you know, a hot get so bring him in. But Tyler, Yeah, I mean it's a uh there's a potential that this goes too far. Next week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I would say not not a shameless plug for GCW, but you know he's he's going to getst Mac Coardona this Saturday, Nick Age is and I would say, you know, if you're not watching that show, you can easily follow what's going on Twitter. I would say the level of violence of that match is going to be, you know, more than we see on Wednesday Dynamite is just because they're going to be you know, there's not gonna be light tubes on Dynamite. I can almost guarantee that if there is, I'd be absolutely shocked. But I would say Cardona has basically asked for certain things not to be part of it, that the pizza cutter and things like that. So I would say the level of violence of that match is a good barometer of like, Okay, how much of a work or is this guy? How much of a shoot is this thing going? So, you know, I tend to lean that that gauge is a professional. It doesn't appear to be the way if you look at the documentaries things like that, but I think there are certain things, you know, bond the scenes. You know, I just think if there's there's implements that are used, like yeah, kindowstick, tables, chairs, all the stuff, he's going to go as hard as he possibly can on Jericho, and that's known. But I don't think he's gonna pull out a pizza cutter and slice Jerika's neck open or anything crazy like that. So I do think that's a low bar.
Speaker 1: But yes, I agree.
Speaker 2: I hope you're right, Tyler.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so, oh yeah's totally thing with them. But uh yeah, so I just think it'll be extremely violent, more violent than this. But I think Jericho and Engaged kind of know the limit of it. And there's there's certain things that I think Gage will will respect. But yeah, you to your overall point, yes, this is going to be more violent than this week. That's why I was surprised by Waye's opening comments here because I don't think you'll be saying the same thing next week, if I had to guess. And I do think for people that aren't me, which I'm very cognizant of, you know that it almost you know, it's a big match, but something like that almost needs to be like a special thing you watch on you you buy on pay per view to experience, and that's on you. But yeah, we'll see where they go. But yeah, I do think the majority of the idens if you want to grow it and grow and grow it. I don't think this type of match every week is a positive.
Speaker 1: I think I think there's going to be a temptation with the crab response and Tony's own you know, declivities towards this kind of thing, to overdo it. And I think it's important to go. This is good, but it's like ice cream. It's not breakfast, lunch, dinner, seven nights a week, like, let's spread this out and we'll see, you know what, Again, it's two weeks in a row, three weeks in a row, I mean, especially this tonight and next week, I think it's it's time to take a month away, you know, or longer from weapons causing bleeding. With the level of apparatus violence that we saw tonight and we'll surely see next week, unless there's some sort of sweerver, you know, they do something different than we saw tonight, and maybe they's something. You know, I don't think you bring nick Age in and don't deliver his brand a violence, but it's Jericho, and you know, he might want to put his own spin on things, like maybe he gets a wall to Jericho on him, like ten seconds of match, just hold it like for ten minutes and nick a just taps out and then he's the king of hardcore.
Speaker 2: I don't know, all right, chrisying.
Speaker 7: Action wriker, I don't know good Like did aw look at Jimmy Usso winning a title after the arrest and just go, oh yeah, hold my beer that you shouldn't have been drinking like just I don't get you bring in a convicted bank robber instead. I don't know anyway. I want to agree with Nick, which apparently we do quite a lot with his his praise of bringing in Chava for Andrade. I think you need Chava is highly underrated in terms of what he can do. He's acceptable on the mic, He's got a character that people believe in, people know who he is, but he's not going to steal the show. He's not going to be somebody who takes the spotlight away from Andrade. He also speaks English perfectly, which is huge because Andrede obviously doesn't. So I think that's going to be an underrated decision, is bringing him in. And I really like the fit there, and it also does get them away from from Vicky the worry that I have. And this it's a weird one that just came to my mind. But is it possible to listen to the fans too much. I've noticed that Tony Kahan likes to listen to what's being said online and on excellent podcasts on PW Torch, and just he changes things really quickly, and they just so happened to match suggestions that have been made on the Wade Keller Pro Wrestling post show. And I'm just thinking, right, there's a possibility. We know WWE doesn't do it at all, but it's starting to seem like maybe AEW is doing it too much that they're they're lurching from one fan suggestion to another. And there's a reason that people like me don't own wrestling promotions is because we're not good enough at it. And if he keeps on just changing things like, Okay, the Vicky Guerrera thing work, But if he keeps making all these changes because the fans online want it, he's missing the fact that the vocal minority aren't the ones that he needs to be selling to.
Speaker 2: I think you have to go case by case.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think if if somebody says makes an argument not against something, but against something with the reasons behind it, and you think to yourself.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I went with that because of that.
Speaker 1: But that's a good point and it matches up with the crowd reaction and my own judgment of how this is playing out. Let me call an audible.
Speaker 2: I mean more, I give him.
Speaker 1: Credit for that. If he's like, well, I like it, I believe in it, and I think all these people are wrong. But because they're saying it, I'm going to pull the plug on it. That's not good. I mean, he's got to go with his own judgment. But if he is, if he's willing to adjust and admit to himself or not admit but deny it but still make changes however he wants to rationalize it, if he adjusts on the fly, I mean, that is going to save him a lot of money and it's going to serve fans. Well.
Speaker 2: I don't think you should react to a thread.
Speaker 1: On Twitter, you know of you know, four people just get under your skin and now to spite them or to listen to them or whatever, you overreact. I think you can overcorrect based on a really small sample size. So to me, it should be you know, an argument that's artfully stated, like every single one on this show, or or or because even in your mind you kind of doubted it and you weren't sure if it was gonna work, and some opinion sort of then tips the scale towards okay, let's adjust this was a risky move. I kind of feared it might not work or or I didn't see it coming. I thought there would be chemistry and there wasn't. Like so good, that's that's good. But yeah, I mean, I think I would give advice to any promoter and any person on earth, you know, spend less time, especially your public figure. Spend less time worrying about a couple dozen people who are really loud and sometimes trolls and are insincere telling you things just because it makes their day if they get a reaction out of you, Like I would, you know, separate yourself from that and go for a go for a walk or a jog instead, and and you know, just do what you do and confident in it, and have some trust to people who are actual people, actually people you know, with credentials to give you the feedback. And I, you know, I hope Tony. I think Tony's surrounded by smart people and listens to people he trusts when it comes to changes he makes. Tyler you're not on all that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I kind of have a two pronged approach. I think first that wrestling and professional wrestling on television is such a unique beast that it is something that is on TV week to week and you can you can change it on the fly that you can't do with a you know, a scripted television show. You know, for example, Loki was a very popular show on Disney Plus, and you know that show was written and filmed months ago. And if you're the showrunner for that show and it's the recap for episode three and some some reporter has a great point, you're like, oh my god, I wish I would have known that I was switching it because I think that's a great point. And you know, it's just wrestling is unique where you could take good points for people that you trust. And I'm not saying that's what happens, but you know, if there's good ideas out there and they're free out in the ether, there's no reason not to implement them to make your product better. Is you know, I think it's just smart business if it's someone that you trust and you know, and you also think it's a good idea. If you're the business owner or the promoter. And then two, you know, Tony still, you know, knew at this, and he you know, admittedly was a fan and was a hardcore fan and had lots of subscriptions to the sites out there, and you know, he hasn't hit the ten thousand hours or the three years or whatever number you need to be an expert in something. You know, I think in you know, five years from now, I don't know if he'd be as inclined just because as a human being to be open to as many suggestions and change on the fly. As as humans get older, we get more aggressive towards change. So I think he's just in a perfect point of his life to take feedback and he's just you know, in that zone right now. And I'd be surprised if me as open to it down the road. So it is kind of my two pronged approach to that for that situation, and pessimistic, but pref the.
Speaker 2: Fair assessment of human nature. Yeah, Chris, anything.
Speaker 7: Else for us, just a couple of quick hitters. The Unwanted Female Canine reference streak is up to ninety five weeks, as jay I did it during the entrance for the Britt Baker match, and I think, wait, I'm surprised you haven't mentioned this before. It is set foot in the ring, not stepped foot in the ring. Oh yeah, people need to stop saying stepped foot.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know I I every year I vowed to be less annoyed by things that people get wrong, you know, and now you've just added something to my list that wasn't on my radar. So thanks so well. Now'll be tortured by something new.
Speaker 7: Until one of the many services.
Speaker 1: Yes absolutely, U. Yeah, I'm I'm letting that. I'm letting that settle into my brain here or is this it set in my brain? Oh? No, thanks Chris, no worries.
Speaker 7: Thanks guys ever, good evenings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, take care.
Speaker 11: Hey everyone, Greg Parks here. You've probably heard me hosting Wrestling Night in America after pay per views and also co hosting the Tuesday Flagship with Wade Keller. I also host a VIP exclusive podcast every week called Greg Parks Out Loud. In this podcast, I delve into a single topic for around twenty minutes, perfect length for one of your daily commutes or while walking the dog. A couple of my recent episodes included a look at TNA as they moved to AMC and WWE and AW injuries for the year twenty twenty five. You can listen to VIP podcasts with a VIP membership on many platforms, including on Patreon, Spotify, the Apple Podcast Native app on iPhone and CarPlay, just about every popular iOS and Android podcast app out there, and even stream right from the ad free pw Torch VIP website. Full details on VIP membership at pw torch dot com slash go VIP As an added bonus, VIP membership means you won't hear this commercial again or any commercials, as commercial breaks are skipped right over on the VIP podcast feed. In addition to all the commercial free VIP podcasts, check it out. We'd love for you to join our community and unlock access to all our VPP exclusive content.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, go to Brian to Boston and then probably wrap up there with Javier with Summer on Table Discussion.
Speaker 2: Brian, welcome back, which you think it out of my tonight?
Speaker 8: Hey guys, I hope you're having a good night. I thought I thought Dynamite overall was pretty good. The main I have a couple of minor points, but I'll get to the big major point and wanted to get to first. The britt Baker is Britt Baker is probably my favorite wrestler in all of the w The Britt Baker and Island Rose match was actually really good. I mean I wouldn't quite give it four stars out of five, but maybe like three point five three point seventy five. That was a really good match, and I was glad to see her get the win. It was good for what it was. But my concern a little bit, I mean, is what they're going to do next for her and afterwards, because I'm assuming they're going to have her in a fairly long title reign. I mean, the obvious play I think for all out would be for her to face thunder Rosa. You know, but I'm less certain about that because thunder Rosa got her ass kicked badly by Dianna Parosso It's Slamniversary, so that kind of lowers are stock a little bit in my mind. But you know, I mean, after Nyla Rose and maybe thunder Rosa, if they decide to go in that direction, I mean, who else is there for her to feud with? I mean, Jade Cargill no. I mean, you could go to the root of ty Konti, but that's.
Speaker 12: Not really.
Speaker 8: I mean, and Syria Deed doesn't really have much personality, to be honest, or at least she hasn't been given enough for it. I mean, you could do Red Velvet as a few, but I don't think she's quite ready for that yet. So I'm just wondering who who they're going to have her feud with after, you know, if they go to the obvious route with thunder Rosa. I mean, I mean I had my own thoughts on the subject, but I've already talked about that, so I kind of wanted to shift gears a little bit on that. You know, they they have these working partnerships with Impact and nw A. Maybe they should probably try to lean more on that. I mean, the Camille I believe that's her name, that new nw A Lendon's champion. I've heard good things about her, and I mean, you know that there's a lot of other female wrestlers that Impact. He could use Rosemary Havoc, I mean, Deanna Parrazzo. That match has been teased. I just think Aw's got to look for something. I mean, they've been doing enough shopping around on the male wrestler bid with you know, Daniel Bryant potentially now CM punk. They got to find women. I know there's not many of them, you know, because WWE snapped up all of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Bran, let me let me, let me jump in. Yeah, I want to jump in and get Tyler thoughts on because Jason, Paul and I talked about that on the flag Ship yesterday. You know that the I was a little more down on the depth chart of the established characters who can wrestle and be credible heal opponents, especially as Jason pointed out, for for Britt Baker, she goes babyface. Tyler, give give your assessment of things. Brant ran down a lot of names in a W and elsewhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would agree. I think that the signed Exclusive AW women roster is you know, pretty pretty short. I mean we've had the same like six women kind of in the same spot. If they're not a you know, like someone from n W, A like Kinder Rossostrenad someone like that. So you know, I think I think the easiest course of action is you know, what you allude to is signing talent, and you know there's you know, I don't know whether they're available, but you know Ruby Ryo whatever her name is going to be, or you know the Iconics, both of them, whatever their names are going to be, as as they're on the another kind. But you know, something like that some star parer from the outside that WWE is released and have that be a big time match for Britt Baker. But you know, I think the top you know, sixth women that we've seen and discussed here minus you know Shida, it is just kind of stale and overdone because all those matches have been overbooked over the last couple of years because that's all they had. And getting you know, fresh matches from other companies is great. You just kind of know the result when you have some impact that's not a champion going against your champion, you know that that match is kind of established. So I think getting big signings as big as you can get within the women's division and putting some resources behind that. You know, the division has improved, but you can always make it better. And if there's someone out there you can sign that is going to give good quality matches like a Ruby Riot, I think that's the way to go to get a big match.
Speaker 1: Bryant another topic for us.
Speaker 8: Ruby Riot would be a decent signing, but I'm not as high on her as you are. I mean, she maybe that's because the WWE thing just to find her down, but I mean she'd be a solid signing, but not someone I would want really headlining at pay per view. I mean the I mean, there's an obvious choice out there for like the top one that I don't think I need to say whose name that is. But you know, there's a lot of baggage there and you really and you really have to you really have to get something in writing, you know, to say if you screw up, I can fire your ass, you know that sort of thing. So I mean, I I do tend to think that signing will happen at some point, but you know, if I'm Tony Kahn, You've got to be extremely careful with how that was handled.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I.
Speaker 8: Mean Ruby Riot. I mean, there's just not a whole lot out there as far as women are concerned, you know, as far as free agents, and I mean Ruby Riot's probably the cream of the crop, even though she doesn't excite me at all. But as far as another topic is concerned, the main event was good, although personally I thought the women's title match should have been the main event. But it was nice to see, uh, it was nice to see Lance Archer get a win he was about to do for that. I was actually kind of hoping to see Ethan Page tonight, you know, maybe make an appearance after the Darby Allen match or something. But you know, I don't think this show was It was good, but I don't think it was quite as good as it was last week, with the exception of the Britt Baker match, So I mean, there wasn't a whole lot that. Yeah, I mean, the the Andrade uh that triangle thing was pretty good. But yeah, my my main concern is, you know, are they like booking too much too soon? And you know, I my main concern is, you know, you got to shore up that women's division. You got to do something if that all right? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Cool? Yep, I know, And I think you know, the idea and we've heard it from a few callers of you know, how does this compare to last week's show. I'm hesitant to do that as a rule all the time, because you can get yourself into trouble, Tyler, if your goal is how do I make this we show better than last week's. What I want to see is aw just get in a groove, get in a lane, and have not this wild variance. But know who they are, and I mean here, they're booking a couple of weeks ahead, you know, I mean we got you know, Cody and Malachi Black. They're advertising that for a couple of weeks out. They've got a full line up for next week's show. There was there were no Young Bucks tonight. There was no Cody in person. There's no Malachi Black there. They have depth to not over expose their stars. So some shows are going to have more things that somebody likes than others, but they know who they are and they do. You want that a small standard deviation, especially downward. Every once in a while you have just a kick ass, amazing show due to variety of you know, angles and promos and matches that just click and all that. But what you want is a hot crowd and have you know, around half of your top guys and around half of your mid carters on you know, each show in some form or fashion, but keep everyone else fresh by not over exposing them. So I stand back a little more and go all right, is this a good show within the realm and standard deviation of what they're doing now and other major concerns or flaws or bad habits on this show or are things moving in the right direction? And so my assessment is like yes, I mean even I'd have to sit down and scroll through both, you know, shows to kind of remind myself, and I could grade and go, well, this was a you know, eighty seven out of one hundred. In last week was a eighty nine out of one hundred or something or you know whatever. But I don't think that should be I think Tony Kank get in trouble trying to just one up himself each week. And I don't think a good show with a hot crowd should be it should be framed negatively. If last week was a slightly hotter show with a slightly hotter crowd, that also played more to what your preferences are in wrestling. So that's kind of my take on something Brian said, but also what a couple other callers had said about this week compared to last week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree, and you know, I think, you know, you want to have some metric that you're going by, either something that's that's subjective or objective. But you know, if if I were Tony, I would say, you know, did do we have the best wrestling show on national television this week? That probably be a small goal, the sort of hand goal to be like, Okay, I have a guest Tyler.
Speaker 1: I think Tony thinks his show is always the best show on cable television.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so yeah, there you go. That's a good, good bench work to hit every week for him. Then I would say so, But yeah, beyond that, you don't want to you know, if you do that, then you're going to have you know, you'll have a you'll have Daniel Brian come in and attack q T. Marshall just to have a hot show instead of saving that for the right moment that I'm going to be remembered long term. And yeah, so you know, I think, like what you say, just the show consistent, is it relatively hot? Is it you know, is it just going in the right direction? Like you said, I mean, it's it's such a subjective thing, like I said, pro wrestling so weird that you know, you just kind of know or you don't know if a show is on the right trajector or not the right trajectory. You know, before AW, it was the debate of hey, is ROW better or SmackDown better? And you know, it kind of goes that way for six months and then kind of flip all of a sudden, you're like, oh, this is actually the better show now. And that's kind of how I feel when I judge shows like with AW. You know, it's been a long run here where it's consistently been the better show, and they've been good week in and week out. A very rough subjective view, but yeah, if you can be a week to week, it's a dubious thing because I can't tell you if this show is better than six weeks ago, but I can probably tell you it was Gorden last week, and that probably proves that that's kind of a losing debate within your own head that doesn't really matter for the quality of the show.
Speaker 1: Any guests on Tony Kahn's announcement next week big annuncement about a future event.
Speaker 3: It's probably some sort of it's either their first stadium show sometime in next spring or summer, so they've booked, or at some sort of cool venue like Arthur Ash.
Speaker 1: I would imagine I'm thinking it's going to be a UK based pay per view. To me that I think that's I mean, I know it's been talked about, but telling that to your national audience, that seems like that'd bring Tony Kahan you know, into the ring or you know, on camera for a rare dynamite appearance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's good call.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 1: If you're listening to us on the Apple podcast app, on Spotify or any other app that allows you to rate our podcast, please take a moment to give us a five star rating. It really helps us in the algorithm and helps them know that you recommend us to others. Just look for a place to rate the show on Spotify, on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you're listening to our shows, and please click that five star rating, and of course, thank you so much for listening. All right, let's bring Hobber on a people Torch VIP podcaster to talk about what we haven't talked about yet. There you go, Hobre, how's it going.
Speaker 6: I couldn't even hear that.
Speaker 14: I couldn't even hear that. Hey wait, Sage, here's it going.
Speaker 1: Well, let's let's try it again here, Let's.
Speaker 3: See okay, there there?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 10: Yeah, it broke up.
Speaker 14: I had like one note and death and then one note. It was like probably connection issues.
Speaker 2: Uh the uh?
Speaker 14: The podcast isn't being brought by it brought to us by Peacock, is it?
Speaker 1: No? No?
Speaker 14: No, because that would have cleaned some of the technicals things that we've had.
Speaker 7: In the path.
Speaker 5: Yes, uh the uh.
Speaker 14: I thought it was a good show. I enjoyed it. They did more on that Texas Death Match that I thought they were going to going to.
Speaker 8: Uh, since this.
Speaker 14: Would be for the IWGB Championship, I US Championship, I did not think that they're gonna go you know, do as much as they did. I do have to say they did say this was held by New Japan rules. New Japan's a twenty count, not a ten count. Moxley should still be champions.
Speaker 1: Well, it is our Texas death match. New Japan has a twenty count and a regular match. But if you're in Texas and it's a Texas death match, does that over does that override the New Japan twenty count?
Speaker 14: I mean, do death matches even have counts on the outside.
Speaker 3: In does New Japan match have a either knockout or submission? That was also a weird stipulation. I thought for a new Japan style match.
Speaker 1: I think you were stuck to Barberie where the match should be over. I don't care what country you're in, uh so.
Speaker 14: The Mercy world, the.
Speaker 5: Don Uh.
Speaker 14: But but outside of a little uh niggling uh problems with with those rules, I thought it was I thought it was well done. I'm mildly concerned that Hickeleo is the next one up.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 14: Hickeleos a very young wrestler. He had I'm strong he hasn't really done anything to really Uh. He had one really good match.
Speaker 10: With Fred Rosser.
Speaker 14: But outside of well, one and one atrocious match that I hated.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 6: But outside of that.
Speaker 14: You know, uh, it is interesting to see him be the next challenger for for Archer or the first challenger for Archer.
Speaker 1: What what do you think the point of that is?
Speaker 8: No, who.
Speaker 14: I mean? I think it would be a good test for him, for for for Forkla, it will be a good test for him. It's just because he's I don't know, it's just like he hasn't really done anything. But maybe even front of a big crowd like this, we'll see what what you know, what it is and I think it's just basically gets particularly a more experience. He's technically should be an excursion right now because he did graduate from Young Lion status, so it's it'd be a good and you know, a good a good test. It's all kind of but you know, from someone who's watching Strong, it kind of feels weird that, oh, he's already getting you know, a shot at you know, an i w GP title already, but you know it's I think it depends on how the match turns out next next.
Speaker 3: Week, I think right next week.
Speaker 14: Yeah, so I am interested to see what he does.
Speaker 3: But it is there anyways, like an olive bration to get Tom a tongue and tongaloa to to have like a young Bucks feud and the future point it's some sort of olibrations in the family.
Speaker 14: Well, because I was thinking about that because with a White showing up on Impact, I actually recorded the New Japan Pride podcast today, but I hadn't finished edding, so I'm like, let me watch this to see, you know, so I could include whatever happens, and obviously a lot happened, uh in respect to the UHT the h to a New Japan title. Uh, because with the whole j White thing. J White had been in New Japan talking about uh, well mainly on Impact. Uh Kenny Omega and the Good Brothers have been like referencing Bullet Club like that they were Bullet Club, and then in New Japan, J White had been pushing back on it. I wouldn't be surprised. I thought I was gonna have an impact, but I would not be surprised if we do get Tama Tonga and Tonga Loa in some way shape or form at aw SM at some point cool.
Speaker 3: I think that solid match. Yeah, bullet Club story going and uh yeah, I think it'd be a good use of count.
Speaker 14: And I And the thing is, I feel like this has been early because I know there's gonna be a New Japan a w and probably with Impact Super Show at some point down the road. I was thinking, like a year down the road or something, because I'm seeing a lot of like pieces being moved, you know, to to strengthen that. Uh you don't think that that might be what he's announcing, like a like a Madison Square Garden show for next year, where with New Japan and aw Tallent.
Speaker 1: I think that is in the realm of reasonable speculation.
Speaker 2: I'll put it that way.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think we have a better, better authority on that. I just don't think a w would need them to sell Madison Square Garden at this point. They're not They're not Ring of Honor. So I think if you're gonna do that kind of show, I think you do that like next summer in you know, at MetLife Stadium or you know, Soldier Field Older or somewhere like that. I think I think you go all out and do a huge stadium show and prove that you can do it and maybe you had your bets with with talent from from New Japan and elsewhere and have a super show. But uh but yeah, maybe you know, I think.
Speaker 14: Is negotiatable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean I think that's it's always. Yeah. I think if it's open to it, and that's like you know a fantasy you know, fantasy match factory. Basically, it should always if it's possible, it should always be looked upon as a as an option.
Speaker 14: And the did they mention before I bring this up in case I missed it? Did they mention Kenny Omega's defense of the Impact World title at all?
Speaker 1: It's so weird. It's it's it's it's like NXT and B. That's just a there's not a consistent, you know, rule that you can explain in terms of what does and doesn't get acknowledged.
Speaker 14: Yeah, that upsets me more than because I don't need them to constantly be talking about oh, he's also impact titled the championcause I have heard some people you know, talk about that at everything, you know, them referring everything he's doing an impact. But he did defend the title against Sammy Callahan, one of their top guys, in a you know, brutal hardcore match, some of the one we ended up getting to Night with a too. You know, two times in one week where I saw someone get stabbed in the face with a fork uh uh and uh and and even pizza cutter uh in the Kenny Omega match, and you would think, you know, and you know, if you're following the Kenny Omega character and you're a Kenny Omega fan, you're following him from promotion and promotion. I mean, I don't need them to say, like describe what happened in the match, but at least the line saying, you know, uh, he's beat up because of you know, he did defend the title last week, and it feeds into the narrative of he's busy and he's doing a lot of other things. He goes, oh, he just defended one of his silence this week, and you don't even need to call impact by naw. Yeah, but at the very least, like, you know, yeah, do something to support the people who are following the Keny of Mega story and are following the Kenye to make a brand is supposed necessarily the aw and Impact grant. So yeah, that that kind of you know, rub me a bit the wrong way.
Speaker 1: I'm with you on that. I'd like to see, like you said, there's a happy medium between whatever Tony's avoiding for whatever reason and and just what they did tonight, you know, and and you know, just an allusion to it is is enough. So it seems like it's it's you know, as we say, cannon, you know, And I think an otomy.
Speaker 3: If I was a premier restor account, I would prefer to talk about another company before I let my top guy wrestle at twenty eight minute hardcore match. I think one of you know, those two options, I'd rather just say impact once for for thirty seconds as opposed to lend my guy who potentially get injured. That is, uh would cause major problems with an ongoing storyline if he got injured. So it's it's supremely odd to me.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 15: The the other thing I have the one thing about Tony Condam notices that he he tends to strike while Aaron is hot, because like, all of a sudden, you know, you're.
Speaker 14: Hearing Nick Gay's uh, you know name out there because of the documentary and stuff, and you know, I was thinking, I wouldn't be surprised if he like a couple of weeks ago, I wouldn't be surprised if if Tony Conan didn't like at least do something with him. And then they dropped his name, and then all of a sudden he's on on the show, and I'm like, you know, I'm surprised.
Speaker 1: And I.
Speaker 14: I don't know, I was thinking that with all the talk about, oh man, this matches, you know, grantually brutal, its gonna be, you know whatever, I wouldn't be surprised if you have a straight up psychologically found wrestling mask and then M Jeff come out all angry and it's and then nick Case says, Oh, it's because I respect him, but I don't respect you, and then unleash just some of the you know, hardcore stuff onto m JF that sort of thing, so that people still get something of what they expect from Nick Cage, but it's on MJF and that Jericho in.
Speaker 3: That h So like the Nick Kay's character, he's all about getting paid, getting money, So that would work if he was like a mercenary role. I think that would be supremely funny. I would be I would be all for that story.
Speaker 1: I would I've not ruled that out. I'm chuckling at at the concept of it. But I also I think there's a chance that there is a curveball come in our way as far as that goes as opposed to, you know, just the painmaker getting getting down and dirty like Sammy Callahan.
Speaker 14: And and and and stay on Jericho. One of the things that you meant you mentioned earlier on the on the call uh Way, you mentioned that that Jericho is having like one of the best runs of his career and the best reactions career. What I found amazing is that he is imagine what he could have been if he didn't have two companies working at cross purposes against.
Speaker 1: Him, I know, I mean in a way that made him who he is. You know what I was sort of cliche. You know, I am who I am because of all the hardships I've been through. But I don't know that he is as good as he is at this age, doing what he does the way that he does it. If his journey wasn't his journey, you know what I mean. So that doesn't mean but hey, would you trade him being a bit you know, a I don't know, Like I think the legend of Jericho has has meshed well with his ring IQ and his immense ego is immense drive that's based on his you know, his ego and it famous people need to have an ego to bother with all the crap that comes with being famous. You know, money is money doesn't bring you happiness, but you know, fame can satisfy an ego and then money comes along with it. I think all that came, you know, all that has come together to make him who he is. And I think if his you know, best friend was a promoter and he got booked, you know, over pushed and was a centerpiece act and didn't have things headwinds working against him. I don't know that at age fifty he is who he is. And I don't know that he did went and did proved what he proved in Japan and took a chance, you know, with aw although he was paid well to take that chance. So I don't know. I mean, what do you think of that, Tyler?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it's hard to say, I mean to get not to get too philosophical, but like, are any of us who we are without the exact path that we walked down? So you know, I kind of lean more towards you of like, Yeah, if Jericho was you know, born a ganya right to bring it home to you, Wade, I don't know if he'd be the person that he is today versus you know. I mean, not that he didn't have advantages. I mean, his dad was a professional athlete who's you know, had had good genetics to be a professional athlete and just had to drive because he, yeah, did not get all those breaks when he got into the business. So yeah, I think if he had been given lots of opportunities easily, I don't think he'd be the person he is today. I think it's pretty easy to agree.
Speaker 13: With, ay stuff. Do you ever watch a WWE and think it used to be better?
Speaker 16: I don't know, josh Sometimes I think it used to be a whole lot worse.
Speaker 13: I mean, whether it's WrestleMania main.
Speaker 16: Events, old dudes at the.
Speaker 13: Top, too many titles.
Speaker 16: Or women's wrestling.
Speaker 13: We're here to answer the big question, is it worse or better?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 13: Join me Joshua.
Speaker 16: White and me Stephanie Chase.
Speaker 13: For Worse or Better, part of the pw Torch Daily Cast line up, dropping on Monday nights.
Speaker 16: Search pw Torch in your podcast apps such as Apple Podcasts or Spotify to subscribe for free or get a commercial free version with the pw Torch VIP membership. Check out pw torch dot com slash go vip for details and going vip.
Speaker 13: Worse or Better Finally, something for wrestling fans to do on Monday nights.
Speaker 2: Have you heard anything else you want to?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 14: The uh? Well, keeping on? You've been saying way. One thing that I've picked up you've been saying a lot lately on various podcasts and stuff is you've been bringing up that it's not about you, and you've been saying that phrase a lot, and I love it because it goes to show that lately we've been seeing a lot more different types of stories and a lot more different types of wrestling styles coming to the forefront, and so there's more for everybody who has like their own, you know, favorite style. So I think that, I mean, that's one thing that's been exciting about about wrestling, and like, if you don't like what ww' is feeding, you go to AW. If you don't like something in AW, then you know you have other options.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's I mean, there's nothing wrong with different visions for what progress and can be. And the goal is it's not about doing just one vision and being angry that they're not doing that. It's about whatever choice you make, whatever your vision is or your your style, just do it well and do it in a way that's respectful to the eyes audience and respectful to your wrestlers and doesn't feel mean spirited and doesn't feel spiteful.
Speaker 2: But enough about money not raw.
Speaker 14: Uh Yeah, I was, I was thinking about starting with a joke about you know, losing Keith Lee losing in his hometown and uh booking another champion to lose to you know, somebody else that, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Don't think we had to explain that copy or I don't want to give you your time.
Speaker 14: But yeah, no, no, no, no I'm saying no, I'm saying I was trying to come up with something earlier. But you know, it was like there was just such a good show, you know. But you know, so the one thing that wasn't to that kind of felt a little bit like clunky to me was the whole androde uh, the androt stuff. Yeah, it seemed like you had more to say, but then, you know, because it seemed like he was going to say more in English, and then that's when he's so over to Spanish. For the most part, everything he said in Spanish was either rephrased or repeated by somebody else with the with the one exception that he did, Androda did say that when I look at you two, referring to Penta and and Ray, he did say I see two men that are drowning. One of the questions that was asked that he asked is, uh, you know, why are you working for pack And since uh, Daniel formed, that's kind of been asking my question, what is it that drives that puts these guys together? Did they ever explain that because you know, pack is talking, oh you know, he didn't work for me, their family, But I've never ever felt that that that that had been established.
Speaker 1: I think that's a good point. I mean, I think it's it's a little bit of a kapa. But when when an act is together long enough and fight side by side, eventually that that origin story is probably not vital if there's just if it's just sort of you know, baked in that they're a group, or it's you know, burned into the screen, you know, it's burned into pock And and Penton and Phoenix that there's an alliance there. And I think if if you don't explain it early on, yeah, I mean I criticize it, but eventually, if they're just together a lot for a long time and they fight side by side, it sort of just becomes Yeah, it just burns into the screen as that's that. That's a thing, even if it would have been better to establish why earlier.
Speaker 3: Tyler, Yeah, I agree, it's it's a little bit of a cop out, but it was not a big question that I had personally, so it doesn't you know, I didn't have the same reaction it kind of got the then diesel and fast and furious treatment. You know, I pack would have held up a corona and said their family been all about it. It's basically all the only experation we got. So and then on your point with the Andro, I got the same feeling too that he was going to speak more in English, but the crowd kind of got loud, and he I think he pivoted to Spanish to kind of regain control. So he didn't get not that they were gonna do a what chant or something like that, but I felt like he thought he was gonna lost lose control, so he switched to Spanish and he regained control. And you know, I think this is a good litmus test for Andrade, you know, in front of a live crowd speaking you know, on the mic, which he hasn't done for you know, a long time, my n x T days. I guess it would be the last time he did that. And I thought he Uh, I thought he passed that with flying colors, and uh, I think he did a good job pivoting and maintaining control. So I thought that was a good sign.
Speaker 1: Haaber, We've got Brian or outside correspondent who just called in and standing by, so anything you want to wrap up with and then we'll jump over to him.
Speaker 14: Uh, yeah, that's yeah, that's fine. Uh. I just had something, but when you said that, it went out of my head.
Speaker 1: So doesn't come back to hoaer Does it come back to you if you say it in Spanish? Probably not? Okay?
Speaker 2: All right, you can email mail banks you.
Speaker 6: Have a look for.
Speaker 14: All right, so I'll be able to look at for the broadcast should be hopefully it'll be up tomorrow if I get out of work early enough to editing.
Speaker 1: I'm looking forward to it. No shortage of topics. Thanks over here, I get it. Yep. You two iPhone users, If you're listening to us on the Native podcast app on your iPhone, you can unlock our commercial free versions of our free shows by searching PW Torch in Apple Podcasts. You'll see a charcoal grade logo that says PW Torch VIP on it. Click on that there's some free samples of VIP shows and you can unlock the entire VIP lineup, which includes VIP exclusives plus commercial free versions of the free shows, by searching PW Torch in Apple Podcasts and clicking on the PW Torch VIP logo and then activate your three day free trial and after that you can become a VIP member using your Apple account. It's that easy. Enjoy a streamline and listening experience to our free shows and unlock all the VIP exclusives, including our post pay per view roundtables, the Wade Keller news bulletins, Everything with Rich and Wade, The Fix that I host with Todd Martin, and a variety of other VIP exclusives. Just search pw Torch in your Apple podcast app. All right, great, let's go to Brian or onsite correspondent who experienced Dynamite tonight. It's been a fun week, Brian, thanks for taking time to talk to us. I know it's it's been a long and fun night for you.
Speaker 12: Oh it's been amazing, sir.
Speaker 1: So to talk about the crowd tonight?
Speaker 2: Was it was every seat filled?
Speaker 12: No, every seat was not filled, but it was far more electric than Monday.
Speaker 1: Yeah? Was there any And We're only going to keep you for a couple of minutes because I know you've got a lot going up, But was there anything that jumped out as the okay? Okay? Was there anything that jumped out as the biggest pop of the night or did it? Was it just sort of a pick I'm among like six or eight.
Speaker 12: Definitely the finish for the whole night was absolutely amazing, Like I could not be happier.
Speaker 2: That I was a part of the main event with Moxley and Archer.
Speaker 12: Just the end, the whole end.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, what was there anything that didn't seem particularly over at some point? Did they? Was there ever a point where the crowd just sort of exhaled It was like, well, okay, this is fine, We're not super into it, but we can catch our breath.
Speaker 12: Danni La Rose, Actually the half the crowd left?
Speaker 3: Oh really the.
Speaker 12: Villain is supposed to be d M d And really, yeah, it wasn't half the crowd left.
Speaker 1: Were they into Wheeler Utah like as a face or a heel or cheering the action? And then it seemed like they really got into the sting Orange Cassidy exchange.
Speaker 12: They really did. There was a love of sheered just on the general premise. As far as Orange Cassidy, there was a lot of electricity that was actually a really good match. It was actually one of the best of the night. Yeah, as far as crowd reaction.
Speaker 1: And we just talked about the Andradde segment, Brian and the way the fans, not that they hijacked it, but that they might have affected the cadence of what Androtti was saying. How did that work? Like were because Javo got cheered, Androida was acting like a heel and then you had obviously Pawk and Penton and Phoenix as as babyfaces there. How to talk about the EBB and the flow of the crowd response to that roller coaster of Hey, it's Javo and then all of a sudden it kind of turns into a back and forth with kind of a more heel face dynamic.
Speaker 12: Well, you're in Texas, so the Androtti response was kind of mediocre. You got Javo and that was a ridiculous response. I think we all lost our minds. I didn't expect it. I don't know if anybody did taking the I think the big deal was at all three of the death Triangle, what they are that was kind of a really exciting part. The exchange was a little bit, but I think that the fact that it was in Texas and you had, like the Spanish there was a lot of Spanish speakers there. Obviously as a result of being in Texas, you got a big pop, more of us probably than we're expected understood, so that it wasn't as much of a need now probably on TV it probably was, but as much of a need to hear live. It wasn't a big deal like as far as explaining it, because we had an all got the whole idea. But it was really exciting, and I will actually say I kind of wish there was a bit more interaction and kind of fizzled, that's the best way to phrase it, because they kind of attacked a ring and then there was just kind of a no climax. And that's the best kind of way that we were all hyped up, we were all fucking excuse me, we were all full of energy, we were all powered up, we were all ready to go, and it was just kind of like that was kind of the end of it. Yeah, yeah, but it kind of felt like I missed opportunity.
Speaker 1: Tyler.
Speaker 2: Do you want to jump in with a question?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you said you were present on Monday for RAW. Did I hear that correct?
Speaker 5: Yes, sir?
Speaker 3: Okay, So I guess it's kind of a general question, but you know, I guess the audience. You know, did you feel the audiences were similar or is this more of the eighteen to forty nine demographic? You know, were the more families at the raw show? And if they were, you know, the demographic that was there tonight, I don't know. Do you think they were as excited about the product on Monday as they were tonight? Or is it just like light night and day difference on the excitement.
Speaker 1: What Tyler's asking is you are you the only person who went to both shows?
Speaker 12: Well, okay, so my best answer to that question, there were families. There were I was actually around quite a few children and families, But I will tell you I was at both shows, and there was a more impassioned feeling tonight, if.
Speaker 3: That makes any sense.
Speaker 12: It kind of seemed like the best way to explain this is that we were all trained to do what we were supposed to do Monday. Tonight we all got to experience what we were really reacting to.
Speaker 1: Interesting.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mean it was just they they gave us reasons to be excited, they gave us reasons to be pumped up. They gave us questions, they gave us enthusiasm, they gave us adrenaline. Monday was kind of like, Okay, we know what's going on. There's John, there's Keith Lee, we know the points that we're supposed to get excited. Tonight was different. It was we all kind of just reacted and there was a lot of reasons to be like questions and pumped up and like I was fired up.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 12: By the time the nine event hit, I was full a general And that's why I'm losing my voice right now.
Speaker 1: What was it like from a live fan experience, because one of the negatives that we hear about wrong SmackDown and this goes you know, pre pandemic, is you know, the fans are there as props, but there's all this filler, you know, the ring entrance and then four minutes of just the music fading and a wrestler standing in the dark, or they do some sort of content costume contest, or it's just there's no flow. This feels like with the with the split screen and the flow of the show that it almost you might forget you're at a TV show. But I don't want to put words in your mouth there. You know, talk about the contrast Monday versus Today, and that in that respect, that is.
Speaker 12: One hundred was so accurate. Like we sat there and watched I think it was shameless, and we watched lash Lely in the rain Monday, solid five minutes, just dark, like they were just bouncing around staring at the screen. It was absolutely That's really actually a very accurate kind of a description of what the difference of the experience is. Like I had no idea when we were at commercial and when we were not tonight, Like there was just something going on all the time. Okay, I took that back. Just Roberts was like joking with the crowd a little bit here and there when it was an obvious commercial break or they were prepping. But I mean, there's just a there's an energy, And that's the best way I can explain it. Like you know you're on TV. You know there's a TV show on Monday, and I think they did a good job Monday, but I think they did a phenomenal job tonight. And that's the best way I can probably divide it two. Like I was full of energy. I'm full of I've been doing this like I'm forty three. I've been doing this since I was seventeen. Going to show and tonight I was I'm losing my voice talking to you because I was. I was that enthusiastic. It was just it was fun. It was a normal wrestling show. It was there was a lot to get excited about. They did a great job of pumping you up, leaving it hanging when they needed to.
Speaker 8: It's a weird It's weird.
Speaker 12: Yeah, because I love both products. But I don't know, man Like, if I had to pick one of the course of the last three a's, there's definitely one that I would put.
Speaker 6: On some.
Speaker 1: Admit it. You love Nick bar Batty when he co hosts with me on the Wadekeller Post shows. Well, now you can listen to him every week on The Nickys Club, a v IP exclusive podcast. Here's Nick to tell you more.
Speaker 17: Hey, wrestling fans, It's Nick bar Batty and I'm back with the Nickys Club, the place where the family of Nickys comes together for big laughs and sharp takes on WWE for WrestleMania rumors, to surprise returns. I got you covered. The Nicky's Club, where the wrestling feels like the coolest club in town.
Speaker 1: Nick Barbatti wants to be part of your pro wrestling life every week, so why not let him go vip pw torch dot com slash go vip for full details on signing up. We're compatible with patreons, Spotify, Apple Podcasts, and just about any other iOS or Android app out there. You also stream directly from our ad free VIP website. The Nikki's Club waiting for you every week at pw torch v I.
Speaker 8: P.
Speaker 3: Tdler anything else you want to ask, Nothing that isn't super leading on my end, So I think I'll pass now.
Speaker 1: I'm curious.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was just like, I guess it's more of a continuation from my previous question. And you know, I think we've all been to w W shows, and you know, now everyone's been to the aw show yet. But I guess it's more of my continuation of like the families and things like that. Is I can assume the answer here, But you know, did it feel like the crowd in general, not the people you're with, but the people you're around, the chance and things like that, they were more engaged than maybe AWE crowd. And that's the leading question. I know, but you know, we've been there. It seems like a lot of people who get tickets because they know it's the w W and they don't really know the product. And I guess, like in your opinion, was that a huge difference in the knowledge of the product on when you were there Monday and when you were there tonight with the live crowd.
Speaker 12: Well, I think I think she's my interruption. I think the knowledge of the product, I think they kind.
Speaker 8: Of see here yourself.
Speaker 12: As far as families, there were families from me both times. I was there with a friend, the same friend both times. I had a phenomenal time both times, and me and my buddy were joking up. And you know, I guess after you've done this for a while, you kind of partict certain endings. But I can tell you that we knew where the finish was on on Monday, and we did not. There were a lot of fall finishes. You surprised us as fans tonight, and that's I think maybe the difference as far as fans and the family aspect. Man, there was a girl behind me standing on chairs standing her daddy shoulders earlier tonight, and that was not happening on Monday. And the rules were a little bit strangely more strict tonight, Like you didn't even walk in with anything. They didn't want you to have tonight that they did a good job of making a good atmosphere. They did not tolerate any kind of excess. But it was a good family atmosphere in both ironically, probably a little more strict than the WW. But I think the best answer to the question is I think everybody was. Everybody that presented attendance was as enthusiastic as you could ask them to be.
Speaker 1: Did Tony conn appear on camera at all tonight, bright or I mean not on camera in front of the fat ye I missaying that? Yep, So Tom, what do you have to say?
Speaker 12: He was really trump for the show. He actually pre showed. He told yout Marshal to go back in the back. QT was doing the insult the crowd thing and he's super awkward. That guy looks like a skater punk and.
Speaker 8: He's super awkward.
Speaker 12: But he came out and he really got everybody pumped up for the show. It was about maybe a minute and a half before the actual dinament went on air, but he got everybody excited. It was the entire crowd was chanting Tony, so we all kind of gave him some props just for giving us a product, But it was exciting. I think it was a little unexpected that he did come out. He was on the mic for probably three minutes and talking about all the things they have coming up, kind of hinted at some reveals that maybe we don't know about, which I may or may not have an idea what that is. But it was really cool. It was he I actually never said, made him show his face, and in my opinion, it was kind of cooler to see him do it before the camera went on than Vince doing it after.
Speaker 1: Yeah, was there anything before or after dynam might that you saw that just like noteworthy enough to pass on to us here that stood out to.
Speaker 12: You well being alive, I don't notice this got this made air? But did and you, maybe a better versen asked than me, did the presentation of the belt to Lance from John Mox? Did that make air?
Speaker 1: Tyler? Do you remember?
Speaker 3: I don't. I don't think it did. That's yeah, yeah, I mean that.
Speaker 1: The only reason I hesitate is I was, you know, yeah, talk about it because I was, you know, scrambling to finish up my report and get set up for the podcast. So I was trying to think if I if I, you know, noticed it or not, So yeah, talk about it, maybe don't.
Speaker 12: Well he was outside the ring obviously, Arthur did his celebration and then came in the ring and kind of got in the rest face the belt or the title, whatever you want to call it. We sit in the corner and he went and grabbed it and presented it to him. I actually have a photo of it on my phone. But it was one of those moments where it's like those of us that are like the hardcore fans that really were waiting for this moment, like to see this rematch. It was like it was a very subtle thing. He just handed it to him, kind of nodded and rolled out the ring. But it was a it was a moment that those of us who really appreciate the moment of about you know what, that's how.
Speaker 7: You do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think MAXI was still stuck to.
Speaker 1: The barbed wire.
Speaker 12: Wasn't a fanfair thing.
Speaker 1: Moxley was still stuck to the barbed wire when they went off the air. I'm pretty sure. So we definitely didn't see that now that you describe it.
Speaker 12: Yeah, okay, so that was after after air. That was a cool moment, Like I guess it was for us or for our benefit, but he actually handed him the belt kind of nodded and then rolled out the ring, and you were like, man, that's that's the kind of stuff that we as fans just kind of wait, like you don't have to like each other, but respect.
Speaker 3: That's cool.
Speaker 12: And he rolled out and it was really a really cool moment.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 12: It did have to be a big thing. It wasn't like we're the best friends of the world, but it was really cool. I actually kept a photo of that. I don't think a lot of pictures it shows.
Speaker 1: Yeah, cool, send it along if I'd like to see that. Anything else you want to add, Brian from your experience tonight, anything either on camera fan chance, or something that was taped or happened off camera or for dark or whatever. I mean, just an anything else you want to share that stance out that you think listeners will like to know about.
Speaker 12: I think that sends it out to me is the most that the passion of the fans. The difference tonight and I think you got wrestling fans. I think Monday you got people who got tickets or people whose kids tucked them into buyolent tickets. I think tonight you got wrestling and showed honestly. Yeah, I mean that's the best possible way I can explain it to you.
Speaker 1: Very good, Brian, thanks so much for taking time this week on both Monday night and tonight talking about your in person experience. It's it's great when you canna.
Speaker 12: Thanks for having me man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean we can go to two shows like this back to back and uh and talk about it and contrast it. It's it's really interesting, so appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Don't be a stranger.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 2: Know when you go to another show and then call in anytime.
Speaker 12: Well do sir? Thank you?
Speaker 1: You bet Before pushing play on the way Keller Pro Wrestling. Post shows, check out pw torch dot com and our TV review section and skim through a full rundown of the TV show if you didn't see it. That's your way to get an overview of what happened before you dive into our in depth analysis of the key happenings on the show.
Speaker 2: That's pw torch dot com.
Speaker 1: You're home for live TV coverage every Monday, Wednesday and Friday with my TV reports, and also check out our NXT and Impact coverage on Tuesdays and Thursdays, our Collision reports on Saturday nights, and of course our live pay per view and PLEE coverage on weekends. All waiting for you at PW torch dot com. All right, Tyler, we'll wrap up here just with a couple of e mails or a few meals that cover topics we didn't cover in great depth or some points of view on it. We're talked about Chavo. JB from Detroit said, I really like the adjustment aw mad tonight Ivan Chavo being Androtte surprise and having him as a representative rather than Vicki just seems like a.
Speaker 2: Better fit to me.
Speaker 1: This is yet another example of AW understanding when something isn't working and quickly pivoting from it, taking Offenser Man. My only critique might be that Chavoll struck a bit too much of a baby face tone in his promo as Andretti's representative. But I'm really intrigued where they go with this Andratti Chavo death wrangle feud to decide who is the true face of Latin American wrestling, and I think there are many interesting paths they could take. Which is always a good thing. As a side note, I wonder how long WW and AW can sustain these weekly surprises. This week being NICKI has always loved the show and go vi, I p Nick Gage and Chavo Guerrero. I mean I expect to say those names are the same sentence this week in regard to national television.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is uh and to say there, you know, even a year ago, if that those guys would have been big surprises, I think I would have been like, I don't know if that's a big surprise either of those guys. So, uh, how things have changed? Well, yeah, it's pretty it's pretty a basic interesting.
Speaker 1: Oh go ahead, I'm sorry, good good.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, any part. We talked a little bit about that, But I think the point I wanted to talk about on that if you didn't have anything was the constant surprises on both shows. And yeah, I mean I think that's kind of what we talked about earlier with the you know, grading each show week by week, and you're gonna if you do a big surprise every week, is gonna lose it's uh, you know, it's gonna you're gonna have the mission returns and uh at some point you're gonna you know, you're be uh, you know, chasing that and it's not gonna be good. Yeah, so they should be careful with that. And Bush shows do and you can't build. You gotta build a product like Aw's doing right now, as we've discussed all night, built on stars that you see every week and that you like, and not be relying on, you know, big stars to come in and save the day. So you know, yeah, that's my only point on that, all right.
Speaker 2: Dodd James Clemson.
Speaker 1: Interesting email here, he goes, I am proud to say I'll be at Fight for the Fallen next week. Watching this show tonight and hearing your on site correspondent has me so hyped for it. I'd like to contrast my excitement by telling you about my week. My wife was out of town for the past week. So on Friday I did something i'ven't done in years and gave SmackDown a try. Edge was cool, but I was checked out and I cut it off. By the women's match on Monday, I was pumped up to see Johnson's reaction up money in the bank of someone who grew up a huge fan of John Cena. So on Monday, I did something I haven't done in years and gave Raw a try. Sina made me cringe and I was out before the riddle match was over. My point is that there's I don't know if people remember the Gong show, but he's ringing the gong early on the on Ron's back down here. My point is is that there's no way I'll be giving w B a try and again again anytime soon. On the other hand, I'll be driving two hours on a Wednesday next week and I can't wait. AW is doing everything right, and I agree with Todd Martin stots the past few weeks. I really think ae W is gonna win this thing. And by the way, I said what Todd said the night before in the Post Show in so many words, I'm Todd's a leader of many things, but he copied me on that one. Unbeknownst to him. It was actually just great months thinking alike. But a couple of weeks ago on the Post Show, I just said I think AW should be aiming for and I think is on a path to surpass Raw in the ratings, and the next day on The Fix, Todd said the same thing, And so yeah, I think this I watched this product. It was thank you for your time and let me know if you need me next week. I'll be in touch, James. So I do watch this product, and I see their numbers last week which went up, and the network partnership that they have, the decisions they're making in terms of the talent they bring in, you know, wild cards like Nick Gage, the sort of sense of just having tentacles everywhere New Japan impact NWA. They feel like they're actually part of the progressing community and that's gonna create more fierce loyalty with the first million, then grow to your second million. But I think they're doing enough. Like the second million is about the Young Bucks wardrobe, like getting so good in so high end and Kenny looked like looking like he didn't wake up from a nap, but he's got his hair done and he has sunglasses that don't look like that he bought him as on a whim at Walgreens while checking out, and you know it just there. They're doing this. The other stuff to had some polish, some pizazz, some prestige to the to the presentation of the product. While that was five p's Paul Hymnna be pro, So I do think, I mean, after what we saw this week, and I mean I like Raw was fun for me for my job, Like I you know, it wasn't a boring show. There was a lot that happened, and but I don't think it was a product where you go, wow that Vincent Mann was saving it up. But boy is he changed course and corrected course. So AW just feels like a show that is on the rise, kind of like Raw did when it was about to Ober take Nitro. So anyway, yeah, Tyler, your your thoughts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and if I can get a shameless plug for myself, I think that same week was it three weeks ago or so that Todd said that on The Fix and had his whole argument I think on that on that if you look at my report for that dynamite, I think in my final thoughts for the show, I kind of I don't think I said explicitly, but I think it was pretty close to saying that. I don't know how AW doesn't beat WWFU to keep this up. So I think all great minds think.
Speaker 1: So what you're saying is to say, you're saying Todd's playdist and he didn't give you credit and he read your report and what the next day, I mean that is that what you're saying explicitly just started.
Speaker 3: He had just started following me on Twitter. So I don't know if that's the correlation or not that he uh just just kidding god, But uh yeah, I'm with you one hundred percent. And you know, I think how fast things turn that. I think a lot of people are coming to that realization. Obviously, you know, you're you're an influencer in the space, and so are people on the torch for for certain demographics, and you know, I think all the fact that a lot of us are coming to the same conclusion right now is definitely says something. And the crowds are just like other discussions tonight, it's you know, if aw keeps on this trajectory, in WWE keeps on their trajectory, I mean, just look at WWE after SummerSlam, like they're building two matches that you know, Lash is going to beat Goldberg and Roman's going to beat John Cena because he's going to go home a movie and then like what do you have built up until you get you know, to the Royal Rumble, Like you just got a whole bunch of nothing planned, and it's just not a hot product, and you know, that's a small issue in comparison to things. But and then when you look at someone, you know, if there's any if there's a wrestling fan who's I don't know, seventeen to thirty right now, I'd be just absolutely floored if more than ten percent of them prefer WWE to AW if they're watching both consistently, and that's you know, that's the long game. And Tony Kahan and company have to keep this consistency up. And you know, I think they have a lot more advantages than WWW. You talked about this a lot through through throughout all time. But you know, he's not working for a you know, a network like you know, WW is set up, and he is independently wealthy or his father is at least, and he can keep going for this as long as he has a passion for it. And I don't think that's gonna stop anytime soon. So I think it's a much different situation than that's dealt with with Ted Turner and Bischoff back in the day. So yeah, I just don't see how if things stay the way they are exactly, I just don't see any way, aw doesn't win win this thing, and you know, winning is a different example that you can have two shows that are you know, huge, you know, media platforms, especially with the way the media rights are going with sports and things like that. I don't necessarily think the WWE is going to die or anything, but yeah, it's the first time I felt like this in my lifetime. So that is it's quite something.
Speaker 1: Well, when ww went under and people said they'll you know, they'll never be another competitor, you know, it was the end. You know, that just won't happen. And I you, I don't know what show and what date over the years, but many, many times I said, someday, there's going to be a really smart, passionate person who knows wrestling with money, and there's going to be a network executive who remembers the Monday Night Wore era and all the money that was made and all the fun they had, and this can happen, you know, And I mean I I it wasn't inevitable.
Speaker 2: It wasn't you know, just destiny.
Speaker 1: But it's not shocking that somebody who loves wrestling who also has money or knows someone who has money, you know, whatever it is, would that that would coincide with a network being hungry for for you know, live programming with a proven track record. And it took you know, it took twenty years, but it happened, you know, and you know TNA struggled and to fill that space, and I you know, talked to Jerry Jared on a regular basis and the lead up to the NWAT and A being launched and his heartbreak on the weekly paper re format numbers when Jay Hossman was telling him things were doing really well and they weren't and he spent money that he didn't have as a result.
Speaker 2: It was like a he wrote about this in book. I mean, it's just it was.
Speaker 1: It was it was a hand of mouth, you know, struggle. Let's let's go paint the barn in Nashville. Like it was a completely different level to startup than what Tony Kahin's working with. So you know it. But but you have to have the right idea. And so I want to read this email because this this fits to what we're saying. Jimmy and Stockton, California says it seems like aw AS an organization is quick to adjust. Christian working with Jungle Boy instead of immediately being inserted into the title picture and Chavo Garrel replacing Vicky two recent examples. But tons of individual wrestlers are improving their physiques, Powerhouse Hogs, Evil who know pretty much the entire Inner Circle except Jericho, their gear and their presence, and I think it really helps aw feel more major league. I know it's not super compelling podcasting, but I sent along a picture of Hobbs tonight versus when he started on Dark. Have you noticed this as well? And wait, if there is time? What were you thinking with the promos from Death Triangle and Andrade? Could you follow along? Do you think they do? You think that they showed fire and charisma? Thanks Yan, guys do and everyone go VIP wrestling is awesome now and PW Torch does a dope job breaking it down.
Speaker 2: Thanks Jimmy.
Speaker 1: I might use that as a pull up quote vi IP they do a dope job. Love it. Yeah, we talked quite a bit about detri Anglanta Drod. I just I didn't need to know what they're saying. I thought, I'm not saying it was a perfect segment, but it the perfect segment is like NXT here's a question, and here's the scripted answer, and then there's an awkward pause and the next question like and I like NXT, but it is a WWE. You know, there's a level of ww BE production. I like a little chaos, you know, a little what's gonna happen next, and who's supposed to talk and who's gonna step up? And there was a little bit of all that, and it felt like there was legit pride on the line and logical things being said in response, and it felt, you know, impromptu. It felt extemporaneous at times, and so that made it better. I mean, yeah, the adjustments. You know, Christian and Vicky are you know a Vicky and Chavo and and Christian are are a couple of good examples there too. And yeah, and then I talked about ring Geer, you know, and and physiques too. You know, Kenny looks like he's in better shape now, Tyler than six months ago. Just physically. He looks like he's you know, cutting back on carbs or whatever.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 1: I don't know, it's a cliche, but whatever. He was eating too much of and not training enough during the pandemic. It's like he looks like he's an elite athlete again instead of a guy living off his laurels. So a lot of things are coming together and it all adds up and it all matters.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree on all friends YEP.
Speaker 18: Searching for more great pro wrestling talk, then join me Jason Powell host him the three weekly Pro Wrestling Boom Podcast. Each week he'll hear the latest news and analysis for me and my team at pro wrestling dot Net along with other pro wrestling media members. Plus, the Pro Wrestling Boom Podcast features long form interviews with notable names in the pro wrestling industry. Subscribe and iTunes, Stitcher, Downcast, and all your favorite secondary apps, or visit us directly at PW boom dot com. Once again, that's PW boom dot com.
Speaker 1: Very good? All right? Uh, Craig no City here says, I don't think it's a very good sign that a secondary title from another promotion headlined over Brick Baker's first title defense. I got that it was a Kadok Texas deathmatch, but why not have these matches on different weeks so that Brick can get the headline spot in aw really needs to get more of its women's Division on Dynamite. She is yet to appear on Dynamite since losing the title. Taekonti was last featured on April twenty first, right velvet on June fourth. No good reason I can think of as to while this talent continues to be relegated to YouTube shows. Tony Khn really needs to figure out how to balance women's appearances and matches on Dynamite as opposed to men, so more female talent is featured. I think if he had a better roster, he would be more comfortable of women. I think he'd feel it's a bit of a self fulfilling prophecy. It's it's part of it's his fault for who he hired and then the character development of the women. It doesn't seem to be an area that he's as excited about. It doesn't seem to be as you know, plug and plays as some of the male talent that he's acquired. So I think it's a lot of factors, but this is not equal time for each gender, you know, and Britt Baker, now the Rose is not John Moxley. It's you know, like Texas Death match versus a regular match. I mean, there's all kinds of reasons that match headlined. And I mean I try to be sort of gender blind in the micro sense on a show and say what match belonged on last and regardless of gender. Yes, it's a new japan secondary title compared to your women's title. I get that argument. But Moxley's a bigger star than anyone else we're talking about, and neither Rose In Britt Baker could have could have headlined to Dynamite. But I don't know, I don't know that anything can follow what they had planned with with mox and Archers. So I mean it's I'm open, I'm open a conversation on this, but I just I think until the women's division and the development of the characters improves, it's not a charity, it's not a social cause. It's it's about ratings and profit and getting a big TV deal. And you know, so I think you can be critical of the groundwork Tony does to make the women important, but if he doesn't have the depth and importance to a women's match, you don't just out of charity or social you know, some social cause put them on after a match that has more marketability. So that's my take. Yours, Tyler.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm pretty aligned with you. I think if you look back, you know, at least these last you know, this week and last week, I don't definitely don't think that the Baker Rose match was better than you know, the Darby Ethan Page match or the you know, the main event that we saw tonight, and you can probably go back many weeks and you know, I was probably a little lower on that match than than than most of our callers. I thought the last you know, five minutes were pretty good, but I thought I thought the crowd almost turned on it there in the middle when it was kind of a slower paced match. So, you know, I think putting it in the main event spot uh. You know, I just don't think the history that those two have had together, you know, bell to bell is very compelling for a main event, and I think Tony Khan understands that and that if it's the right opportunity, I think he has no problem headlining with women. But yeah, the real thing you can point Tony khn is is nine he's a point uh you know, uses his wallet and get some talent with within a w to bolster the women's division. I think that's the the critique you can use against him right now, because yeah, I'm with you. I don't think you need to put women in spots that is gonna that are you know, it's gonna make them look bad and forever tarnish their brain and when they can get better on less viewed, more hardcore fans that are going to be more forgiving than if you put them on, you know, three matches on every week and then you just lower your whole division because they're not worthy of TV, and then people tune off because it turns into a you know, Monday night rawl like thing where you know, okay, well there's three women matches and maybe they're not the best entering work at this point because the talent's not there or not developed enough. And yeah, I'm with you. I mean, if if it was there, and if they were compelling matches bell to bell, I think they would get as much time. Tony seems like a guy who puts the best matches he thinks he can put on, no matter what. And I just think the division needs bolstered from a talent standpoint, and there's a number standpoint too. I mean, if you just look at the men versus the women who are signed. You know this is bound to be the case, and I think that's the critique you can make, and hopefully it was rampage. Maybe there's more of a commitment to have more women's matches on, you know, you'd have at least two every week and see where we go. But I think hiring more women, training more women is the critique, not the amount of time on TV. At the moment for me personally Zach.
Speaker 1: And Texas around out here, my brain is still trying to process everything. I saw Nick Gage, Schevido and the Teas of under Ida having to find partners to fight Death Triangle, Mox and Archer actively trying to murder each other in the main event, and then Hawk, Who's huge son, stepping up to Archer. It's just such a different world. For Monday Night, Darby and Orange Cassidy were selling their butts off, Britt going for the Eddie spot on the title match, and Vicky saying the hell y'ar was fantastic by the way. I love that now the Rose got it wrong. You don't beg off when you throw the belt to the person you ag knocked out. I love that she blew the whole thing. The whole show was great. I'm just sad I couldn't make it to see it happened in person. Zach in Texas? What's your excuse, Sack? So, I don't know if I don't if you have anything to say on that, but there was a lot to digest on the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would say to defend Zach, Texas is a big state. We don't know where in Texas he's from, so uh for the travel why he couldn't make it, I'll defenseac there for you. But yeah, you know, I think we talked about everything on there. I think the only thing that not get brought up at all was because the Kazarian gallows match, which I think had no reason to be brought up by anybody. So I just want to make sure we talked about that just for a second before we ended here. But you know, I thought I thought that was also kind of a pivot for for Tony Kane w I don't think that character has been working very well. It's been kind of random, and to see him just kind of get beat up, and you know, he wasn't part of that dark Order scermmerce at the end there. I don't know if that signaled anything to you that they're piving away from that character for Kazarian. But you know, I don't think it worked for me personally. But another example of a pivot a smaller, you know, lower card guy switching. But yeah, I mean I think what Zach is saying is just kind of a chorus throughout the evening of it's this is this is why the show is so much more different than what WW is producing. And I think that it's kind of the highlight of this week of uh, you know, a dynamite versus raw and what have you. It just you can feel the difference, and it helps to to do what should like this because I feel like I'm not a crazy person having those opinions, because it seems like it seems like a lot of people at least in our ecosystem here I feel the same way. So that is reassured.
Speaker 1: And you know, another pivot is Kazarian not getting mic time right now. You know, I thought I thought he was just like it was just over the top. It was you know, self important and too intense and like like you just it. Yeah, it was just it just didn't the tone was wrong. I don't think the instincts were there, the delivery was heavy handed, and and it just wasn't It didn't fit, like I like him being more the the the uh not the sharpshooter.
Speaker 2: What what is it?
Speaker 1: He just kind of running in and it hit people and then running away like whatever's term I'm thinking of? I can't think of, but it's just yeah, just kind of sniping people on the sidelines, I guess, and and that's fine. But again there was a backstory there, but the right thing happened in the match. You know, I don't think kaz Kaz is good to have on your roster, but you don't build them up to more than you know what he's doing now or what he's been doing.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 1: I think in TNA, with a more limited roster, he got more of a push, but he was never a top guy even there for a reason. So he's a good utility veteran. And the crowd you know, reacted to him was a hot crowd. But I think Tony, you know, shows he's got pretty good instinct for how far to push someone, even even if they aspire for more. Sometimes you know, they just the the charisma, the promo skill, you know, whatever there's there's a certain spot that you fit and you know they're trying to cast do something different than you know, s ceu and and that's fine, but you don't look at Tony making decisions going my god, he's not correcting course and this isn't this isn't working very often.
Speaker 2: You know, you see more course correcting and that's.
Speaker 3: A really good thing. Yeah, I mean, just to just finish that off, as you know, that's not an important story on the on the show, but that's even getting the same sort of delicate touch of you know, pivoting when things aren't working from top to bottom on the card. And I think it just shows a holistic approach to the to the booking all around, which is you know, a positive sign for sure.
Speaker 8: So go ahead, you.
Speaker 1: Say, you know that last segment you're just listening to and the next one that you're waiting to listen to, those can be one second apart. With a VIP membership, you can unlock our commercial free versions of our shows. Pw torch dot com slash go vip tells you how to do it. That's pw torch dot com slash Go VIP options exist within the Apple Podcast app using your Apple account through Patreon, which, by the way, you can sync up with Spotify or just about any iOS or Android app. With a full VIP membership, you can customize the feed for individual shows and clusters of shows and themes. Go to pw torch dot com slash go vip for full details on all the options to listen commercial, free and with upper tier options. Unlock our vip x Loos, a podcast run throughout the week every week.
Speaker 6: Happy.
Speaker 1: I remember what he was going to say, so close with that he said, I was going to ask for you think things are going with Androtti and Death Triangle. If destri Angle stays together, it is ANDREDI going to get two guys, maybe form and new in Goobert Noble's faction. If Androtti, if Androtti's entreaty ends up working with pent In Phoenix and takes over Death Triangle instead, does Pop find two guys or do Penten Phoenix split up? It's like eight questions and two sentences, Tyler, what scenario do you think they're headed towards?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I think the ideal scenario is for you know, whatever Loss and gobernables guys that are available, and there's lots all across the world in New Japan and Ring of Honor, even with that might have some expiring contracts at the end of the year. Here, I think Androde getting some of his his Tranquilo friends, if you will, makes more sense than him stealing away Ray and pen to from from Pak. So, you know, I see death triangles sticking together here. I don't see anyone turning on them, and you know, I would anyone that joins and Dry at this point I think would be an addition, not someone that's already on the roster. You know, I could be wrong about that, but I still think I can't think of anyone in the roster right now that's in a you know, a prominent role that I think fits with him to be, you know, a hinchman for him essentially, So I think something outside would fit for him. But beyond that, I see, I don't know. I mean, I like that with this that I thought that he was not calling them out last week. I thought it was more of like, hey, I would like talk to you and join forces maybe, but it was definitely.
Speaker 12: A call out.
Speaker 3: So I don't know. I don't have a super good read on that, but I like that I don't like I like that I don't can't exactly pinpoint what's going to happen weekend and week out. I think that's a strength of mid card feud like this.
Speaker 1: Tyler tell people I can follow you on social media and a little bit about your cast that they can listen to now for free.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you can follow me on Twitter and Instagram at Ring of Tyler and every Thursday on the Daily cast feed you can listen to myself and my co host Ryan Sulivan on the Podcast of Honor where you Guessed It talk about Ring of Honor and we you know, break down the weekly television and if there's big shows coming up. So now they're more on a more regular basis. They're doing a pay per view almost every month now to end of the year, so we will get you primed and ready for that. I think there's a college tonight who talked about how we keep them informed with Ring of Honor, So that is our goal here is there's a lot of wrestling going on. So if you need to be informed a Ring of Honor, you give us a listen every Thursday and we will do that and about every other week we have a guest, and we just for tomorrow's episode, we talked to Dak Draper. He is an up and comer within the business. I think he will be a major player in you know, three to five years and another company who are sorry, Oh.
Speaker 1: He was great on mad Men. Just a really bad joke ahead.
Speaker 3: Yes, and he's got a dog named dog Draper, so that's even more of the Don Draper reference there. But yeah, he's on the show, so he's a great listen if you want to kind of buy stock early on wrestlers, I think we're a good resource for that. And yeah, so we're talking Ring of Honor and a little bit of other stuff, but yeah, give us a listen there, and then you can always read my alternate report for aw Dynamite opposite of yours Wade every Wednesday, and then for Rampage, we'll get better information than I did tonight. But somehow you'll be able to listen to the Rampage post show that I am a part of in coming weeks, So more information to come. But yeah, you can follow me in all those places, excellent.
Speaker 1: You can follow me on Twitter at the Wade Keller. You can follow our brand at PW Torch and of course check out. As Toler mentioned, pw torch dot com live TV coverage, live paper coverage, lots of TV show reviews and hits, and missus columns, breaking news and more.
Speaker 2: Awesome.
Speaker 1: Well, we got roughly two and a half hours out of a to hour wrestling show.
Speaker 2: That's always good news.
Speaker 1: That means we've got good collar support, a lot of topics to delve into, and our on site correspondence. If you are attending a future Ross SmackDown or Dynamite, email me. We're filling in the spots on a regular basis. I think we've got Cleveland for Friday. Someone finally got back to us, so I think we're gonna line that up, but it's always good to have more than one, and then Kansas City I think is still a gap. Otherwise we're filling up the weeks that follow. I think Pittsburgh two. I don't think we've gotten anyone on Pittsburgh or Tulsa. So anyway, if you're going to any future shows, let me know. Wade Keller podcast at pw torch dot com. We can bring you on when it's convenient for you to spend five minutes or fifteen minutes with us talking about what it was like in the building, what happened tof air, crowd response, all that good stuff again Wade Keller podcast at peakw torch dot com. Check out The flight Ship for in in depth conversation with Jason about about raw money in the bank, SmackDown n XT tomorrow Wage talk to Impact or maybe not much our I think it was Impact that we clothed with. That was a Tuesday flag ship on the Blue Logo Show. So you can go right to that now if you haven't listened yet, just search Weight Teller if you haven't fan subscribed to the Blue Logo Show.
Speaker 2: In addition to this The Right Show.
Speaker 1: Thanks again, Tyler. We'll talk to you soon, So take it. Your time is value. Go VIP and listen to our shows commercial free, a nice streamline listening experience. Pw torch dot com slash go vip for full details on a commercial free listening experience, and with a full VIP membership, you can create custom feeds for individual shows or groups of shows by theme, and also unlock nearly four decades of archives and access our ad free website with VIP exclusive content. Pw torch dot com slash go VIP. Your time is valuable, and that's one of the reasons we offer VIP membership pw torch dot com slash go VIP. You can participate in the Wadkeller Prog Wrestling podcast by emailing your question or topic to Weadkeller Podcast at gmail dot com. You can also participate in the way Keller post shows by emailing Weadkellerpost Show at gmail dot com during or write after Raw, Dynamite or SmackDown. Let your voice, let your opinions be heard on our shows via email Weightkeller Podcast at gmail dot com for the flagship and Weadkellerpost Show at gmail dot com for our post shows. It's next level coverage that you come to expect from the PW Torch brand. No AI, no rookie perspectives, no unfounded rumors, no clickbait, no deceptive headlines, just high quality writing, breaking news and fascinating flashbacks every day at pw torch dot com. Pull yourself away from the evacuous social media experience that I know many of you regret once you get lost in it for minutes, if not hours at a time, and settle in for high quality PW Torch branded wrestling coverage. Admit it, you love Nick Barbatty when he co hosts with me on the Wadekeller Post shows. Well, now you can listen to him every week on The Nickys Club, a VIP exclusive podcast. Here's Nick to tell you more.
Speaker 17: Hey wrestling fans, It's Nick Barbatty and I'm back with the Nicky's Club, the place where the family of Nicky's comes together for big laughs and Shark takes on WWE for WrestleMania rumors to surprise returns. I got you covered, the Nicky's Club, where the wrestling feels like the coolest club in town.
Speaker 1: Nick Barbatti wants to be part of your pro wrestling life every week, so why not let him go vip PW torch dot com slash go vip for full details on signing up. Compatible with patreons, Spotify, Apple Podcasts, and just about any other iOS or Android app out there. You can also stream directly from our ad free VIP website, The Nikki's Club waiting for you every week at PW Torch vip. Did you know that you can enjoy commercial free versions of all of your favorite weight color podcasts and PW Torch Daily casts on Spotify. Just go to patreon dot com search pw Torch and subscribe to a VIP membership tier. You get a seven day free trial by the way to kick the tires a bit and see if you like the service, and then sync it with Spotify and you can listen to commercial free versions of our free shows like the Waykeller post shows, the Weightkeler Podcast, Flagship, our Flashbacks, and also the pw Torch Daily cast lineup. Again all commercial free and nice streamline listening experience, but with third tier membership, you can also unlock all the VIP podcasts, including Everything with Rich and Wade, to Fix with Todd Martin that I host with Todd every week, the Wadkeller News bulletins, post pay per view roundtables, and an array of other VIP exclusive podcasts with different hosts and different themes. Check out the lineup. Go to Patreon and search pw Torch and subscribe and sync it up with Spotify or stay within the Patreon ecosystem. Either way works. Go to Patreon and start your seven day free trial. If you're listening to us on the Apple podcast app, on Spotify or any other app that allows you to rate our podcast. Please take a moment to give us a five star rating. It really helps us in the algorithm and helps them know that you recommend us to others. Just look for a place to rate the show on Spotify, on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you're listening to our shows, and please click that five star rating, and of course thank you so much for listening. A PW Torch VIP membership doesn't just give you add free access to these shows and a ton of other VIP exclusive podcasts throughout the week, but you also gain access to our unmatched vast library of wrestling history, our contemporaneous week to week coverage through our progressing Torch weekly newsletters dating back to the late nineteen eighties, along with streaming and download access to hundreds of retro radio shows from the nineteen nineties, including some of my interviews with wrestling's top newsmakers in the nine and also our podcast library dating back to the year two thousand and three. There's no larger, longer spanning pro wrestling podcast library than that that comes with a PW Torch VIP membership. Now approaching twenty years of podcasting, go vip and dive into our post pay per view roundtables are covered with some of your favorite eras of wrestling, top name long form interviews, and special format podcasts that we've done throughout the years. PW torch dot com slash go VIP. We have a streamline sign up for me and you can pay it with PayPal or directly with your credit card or debit card. In one or two minutes from right now, you can be a VIP member and diving into our library. PW torch dot com slash go VIP