Speaker 1: It's the Lapsed Fan Wrestling Podcast with Jack and Carnac e O and JP Sorrow.
Speaker 2: We've got an exciting Christmas program lined up for these folks.
Speaker 1: We've been to a little boy that here.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: That we ever, it's an artificial tree. So I did artificial job at trimming. Kindness is only exceeded by our inability to adjust hollow.
Speaker 4: The third wrangling here the Lapsed Fan got a price.
Speaker 5: For the meon dollar Man.
Speaker 2: Even Santa Claus and.
Speaker 5: So no say it's not so.
Speaker 4: Off, and we're back to the twenty twenty four TLF Christmas Show. It's an unwrappening, is it not? Boss?
Speaker 3: It is?
Speaker 2: It is an unwrapping. It's an uncomfortable one. It's uh, it is it is?
Speaker 4: This one thing we can say, is it is?
Speaker 1: It is?
Speaker 4: It is the most wonderful time of the year, both globally and here at TLF h Q, where we've been in receipt of your very generous gifts for months and months on end, almost a year going in some cases, and the generosity continues to absolutely blow us away, as well as the creativity and the heartfelt diversity we get of gifts from you. Know, half naked pictures of Michael Hayes to canned pudding from England Kent.
Speaker 2: Well, not just canned pudding, but canned meat and kidney pudding.
Speaker 4: The next gift of Christmas comes to us from the homie one of the day one, mf Rs Christian Hollister. Hey, there we go all the way from North Carolina. Christian has been a longtime supporter and someone we can always count to see in person when we go on the road.
Speaker 2: Yeah. One of the gifts, Yeah, he gave me a big championship belt for WrestleMania AWA World title. Yep.
Speaker 4: Looked right up to us after the show in Philly and presented us with tremendous items. So see you we're opening up here. Wow, this is a great grab bag. What going on in here? What going on? Has this reached the point for you yet? Mama Sarrow where it's a little disturbing that people do this for us.
Speaker 1: Well, I didn't know what to expect, and I was delighted that people care and send pictures presents at Christmas time.
Speaker 3: But some of these are kind of you know, I would say, inappropriate.
Speaker 4: Yeah, wow, that's his wrestling fan As it gets baby that's his wrestling fan as it gets. Wow, look at this we have on Blue Ray DVD War Games eighty seven in Blu Ray quality, or or at least made into a Blu Ray. That's great. Of course, folks remember the art of war games in bashirty seven. No one will. That's why that is great stuff. This supposed to be the whole tour gred American Bash Tour from Jim.
Speaker 2: Crockett was is that that Wargames? Is it the Wargames vhs on on here or is it?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 4: It also shows the Bash on the back, which tells me that it's more than just the Wargames match That Wargames VHS just shows that one match.
Speaker 2: It says great American Bash andy seven, So that's very interesting.
Speaker 4: Also, Christians saw fit to lace us with the WWE DVD collection starkad the Essential Collection eighty three to two thousand. I remember when this puppy came out. This is when they were really in there, like we bought WCW and here's everything over again. Yep yea for the first time on DVD. That's tremendous great. I don't have this one, so that's great. The best of in your house I mean we're talking they don't. We're talking Brett Hart's Bulldog Triple H versus Stone Cold from Buried Alive, which we just talked about it on the show. We did Shawn Michaels Undertaker at Ground Zero and the Rock versus Mankind at Saint Valentine's Day Massacre. It's a three disc collection covering ninety five to ninety nine in your house classics. So great to have this one on the shelf as well. Good Friends, Better Enemy, his Boss?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what about uh uh? Nature Boy, Buddy Rogers and Ahmed is Amed?
Speaker 1: He worked?
Speaker 2: I do know something like that? Fifteen classic showdowns?
Speaker 4: That wow, the original colisem collection History of the w w F Heavyweight Championship in the clamshell casing with Yeah, he's got the hoof stash and everything. My understanding is his mustache smelled an awful lot like cigars. His mustache would smell like cigars from what I yes.
Speaker 2: Yes, that too.
Speaker 4: That'd be a very what they say, well, you know he smoked something. Wow. Look at this, Well, what the hell is this? It's a print out of the w CW credit card which was short lived with Kevin Nash, and it appears to be autographed, and it's like a it's almost like an ad that they would have distributed for the credit card that's absurd with big sexy on it. And yeah to apply, I call one eight hundred WCW card and this is somebody.
Speaker 2: Hey, you know what this card subject to change?
Speaker 4: I wish. And finally from the man Christian, it's a newspaper clipping.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: This is the Lubbock Avalanche Journal, which I can only assume is Lubbock, Texas. And on October thirtieth, nineteen ninety eight, in section C, the paper ran an article just too sweet, diehard wrestling fans follow action in the ring in heroes career moves. Oh my god, this is just like a someone just saved this because it was a wrestling article that's wild, and you got a Nash all over it. It's got a picture of kids watching in their living room.
Speaker 2: Of course you know they're excited.
Speaker 4: And you know, any chance, Mama Sorrow that you could read for us, if that it's legible to you, Just above the fold that article there, starting with the big red letter there.
Speaker 3: Okay, just too sweet?
Speaker 5: Will Haul and Nash make up?
Speaker 4: Will anyone go over the.
Speaker 3: Good guys win die hard. Wrestling fans follow action in heroes career move Who is the hero?
Speaker 4: That is the question. We've been asking that for ten years. I'll be your heroo.
Speaker 2: He hero?
Speaker 4: Maybe could you read just the first paragraph for us, if you can see that of the article itself? Yes, what does it take to be not at all?
Speaker 2: Do the taste to be a mean?
Speaker 1: Thirty name?
Speaker 2: Men?
Speaker 3: Happy? Your hero all the time.
Speaker 2: It's like lunch.
Speaker 3: Usual, only your hero. A professional wrestling contest, uh huh is vaguely like watching any other sporting events.
Speaker 2: Vaguely.
Speaker 5: They get jecked out in team apparel, yell at the top of their lungs, and even bring homemade signs to cheer on their favorites.
Speaker 3: But forget who has the lead rushing record or which for her back has thrown the most interceptions. Wrestling fans have more important things to worry. Uh. Will Scott Hall and Kevin Nash repair their broken friendship and become tag team partners again? Will the Steiner brothers see I do I and quit fighting each other? Will anyone ever defeat Goldbird? These are the questions the mom keep wrestling.
Speaker 2: That's Whoopie Goldbergs.
Speaker 3: No, No, she was never a wrestler.
Speaker 4: Thirty years ago.
Speaker 3: Twenty five. No, it's about thirty years ago. What is this, nineteen ninety eight.
Speaker 2: Ninety eight, So, so it's twenty six years ago.
Speaker 3: It's before two thousand, twenty five, twenty five, coming up.
Speaker 5: This right after this Christmas.
Speaker 3: Yes, these are the crush questions that keep wrestling fans.
Speaker 4: On the edge of their seats MM.
Speaker 3: And the stories that have made wrestling surge in popularity in the past. In the past few years, they've made it in the past few years. Die Hard fans don't just know the characters.
Speaker 2: I'm a Diehard film. I like Diehard too as well. I'm famous Diehard.
Speaker 3: Three matches that may all break their careers. You're old Matt Vickery.
Speaker 2: Uh huh uh he's he's gonna get it. Oh, it's his turn. Love it is the.
Speaker 4: Ex Ryvak's brother.
Speaker 2: I like watching it, you said, yeah.
Speaker 3: I like the signature moves and the trash talk. Keeping up with the storylines between wrestlers is part of what Ki's Vicker.
Speaker 2: And Vickory fan. He said not.
Speaker 3: Victory become so familiar with the sport that he can often predict.
Speaker 2: Who will win each.
Speaker 6: Like a fan, Victory knows each wrestler's full file, along with the signature moves that send Cross into a frenzy.
Speaker 3: He probably even grant a demonstration if requested.
Speaker 4: Well, let's not request that. That's a wonderful reading, and we want to thank you for uh bringing us back to nineteen ninety eight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is this all wrestling in the year.
Speaker 4: No, I believe this is a normal newspaper from Lubbock, from Lubbock, Texas. Yeah, I believe it's a Texas newspaper. As you'll see, there's the Anne Landers column.
Speaker 3: Oh store.
Speaker 4: Correct, some wedding announcements. Uh, here as is accustomed. Yeah, what young child doesn't like Halloween? P.
Speaker 2: Eight eight.
Speaker 4: That's pretty Yeah, yeah, that's that's an investment. Television brings up weighty issue wrestling, acquiring followers of alley. So this has continued. But yeah, this is like in nineteen ninety eight, wrestling was really hot, and so every newspaper in the country was like.
Speaker 2: Hey, people like wrestling.
Speaker 4: Let's figure out why these idiots are watching that, And so that twelve year old was held out. That's the unfortunate example. Well, Christian, you want to thank you that's a great box full of a lot of fun. And they were really fortunate that you put this in our hands, as Mama Saraw was on hand to read it, because that's one of the finer renditions you're going to hear better than and we you know, we we know a lot about dramatically reading newspaper articles from thirty years ago. And that was a wonderful performance. So Christian, Merry Christmas to you and yours thanks for all the years of support and listenership, and we hear we'll see you next time on the next installment of the TLF Christmas Show.
Speaker 2: Plaser production of the LAP Entertainment Group. Its content is intended for private use only. We want