Speaker 1: What just happened?
Speaker 2: A move, no singing, a lot of singing. One of my favorite RHCP songs, Beautiful Dude, really beautiful. Thank you man.
Speaker 3: That was one of the better fades we've had on the station. Submitted skins show nwe some point one the Eagle. Thanks for hanging out with us today. We got lots to get to. Man, a restaurant that's been around the dfup for a long time has filed for bankruptcy, and we need to talk about tex Mex restaurants. I think we're going to do that for the big finish, just in time to get your belly all excited for the weekend. We'll do it right before dinner time. But what we do like to do is give away BFD tickets. That's coming May twenty fifth. It gonna be big. We're gonna have Marilyn Manson Chavelle. It's at dose Eki's Pavilion. It's big, big bill, lots of great acts on it. We're gonna be hanging out there and we'd like to hook you up. So what I want you to do is to use that free iheartapp. You should have it already. I mean, we tell you to get it all the time. You could stream the show to use podcasts, and there's a talk feature. And on that talkback feature you click a little microphone you can leave thirty second talk back messages. The third person to leave their name, their phone number, their email address, and the answer to this question which local team did. Ben almost talk himself into following, and then by the end of the segment he had already checked out on him.
Speaker 1: If you were.
Speaker 3: Listening, you know, and the third person that can tell us that leave their name, their phone number, and their email address.
Speaker 1: That's what we do.
Speaker 3: We hook people up who listen, So listen all the time, engage with the show. Use that iHeart app and everybody's gonna be happy. But right now it's time for this juicing your news.
Speaker 1: Hot gods, if you live, come.
Speaker 2: Stay on top in the shovel shut.
Speaker 3: Oh here, it's freefy news right now.
Speaker 2: Joe determined the death of Gene Hackman and his wife. That'sy as you know. They passed he ninety five, her sixty five. And they're saying, and by they I mean officials. I'm not sure who actually makes the call on this.
Speaker 1: It's not the guys from the Woody Show.
Speaker 2: They're saying he had heart disease along with advanced Alzheimer's and that she had died about a week before he did. Oh, so she was up there and he was wandering around the house for a week, probably not knowing. She died of something called the haunt of virus h A n TA virus. And it's weird because they're normally found in rodents, but they can spread via four forms urine and droplets and saliva. Oh and also blood, so the big five. Hard to tell how she got haunted virus?
Speaker 1: What do you mean by hard to tell?
Speaker 3: Like, there's no way to tell how she got haunted virus? Wild speculation, Yeah, you're saying from here in Dallas, you can't speculate because you can't see if there's feces droppings on the floor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it could spread through that. So if one of the dogs was messing around with this is a rat poop outside.
Speaker 3: This is why you got your fake medical license revoked the reporting on this. Yeah, you're saying one of the dogs was rooting around in rat boop, it's possible, and then licked their her face.
Speaker 2: That the dog that died in the kennel had had an operation recently too, So.
Speaker 1: That seems unrelated. That seems entirely unrelated, and you tried to connect it to make it juice here.
Speaker 2: You know, it's just one of those things where it's a Friday and these sad stories, you know, they can bring you down, and uh, I don't want to be brought down, but we have closure.
Speaker 3: I don't think you're that down because you ever gave Gene hacked me the credit he deserves.
Speaker 2: Dude, I'm one who say he's Gene not a hack Man. All right, Well, I kind of saying that too. He's always been good.
Speaker 1: That's so good, dude.
Speaker 2: If there are any arcade businesses out there, they should make hack Man and it's his face just.
Speaker 1: I would love that.
Speaker 2: And I know there's a lot of arcade businesses that are looking to mix it up a little bit. Yeah, to stay with the times.
Speaker 1: How is the arcade business doing?
Speaker 3: I have? You know, I've got a critique of one really yep, was it one of those bar ones.
Speaker 1: It's a bar and an arcade.
Speaker 2: So it's no longer my go to for that type of thing because I've you know, Richard Richardson now and it's uh, you know, free play arcade over there. But I love free play. It's wonderful. Yeah, But the last time I went to Barcadia, they had redone it to where they'd gotten rid of a lot of the classics and put in more modern arcade games, and I just didn't have the same vibe.
Speaker 1: They're trying to be hipster Dave and Busters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess, and that's fine, But I still like a place like that that I've spent so much time in so many years of living in Dallas. I'd like you to keep, you know, Galaga, Super Mario bros. One. Okay, pac Man, you keep some of that stuff that I liked.
Speaker 3: I do think that Galagha is my favorite old time stand up arcade game.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me think about that.
Speaker 2: Asteroids was gone too, but heard about it.
Speaker 3: H And I have that cocktail version. I should take that up to Rollertown and brew we're invested in.
Speaker 1: That's a great idea. It's got my cabin name all over it. Does that matter?
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: Let's just pop it in there.
Speaker 3: It's a cocktail version, so it sits down and it's got every game on it, like a thousand games. No one's going to walk up to it and go, oh, oh, well, we can't play that. It's got a different name on the side of it is. Okay there, It's okay with me. It'll get so much action. Okay, I'll sit there and play Gallup like a old day while drinking mango have Anaro sours. Yeah, you can set your beard down, all right. So here's what I need. I'm gonna need the light farms Giant or somebody in light farms of the truck to.
Speaker 1: Help me move that over there. Yeah, move that over there. Okay.
Speaker 3: But it's got it's got Galiga, Miss pac Man, Donkey Kong, It's got all of them. And so you just said Galiga the best in up video game. It's my favorite. It's right up there.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I mean I can't. I don't have a list prepared, but that might be the number one.
Speaker 3: There's very few things that happen in a video game that says exhilarating is when that one spaceship grabs your other ship and starts to pull it up, and you know I'm about to have a double heater coming.
Speaker 1: At the mask.
Speaker 3: So good, that is great, and getting it right before the bonus round reading.
Speaker 1: I'm getting all the.
Speaker 2: Points working your farm muscles as I did.
Speaker 3: Used to love the Boner round and what it did to my forearm. But you know that that certainly is in the mixed. Miss pac Man was better than pac Man. Miss pac Man was a great game.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I like Baby Pack.
Speaker 3: I love Donkey Kong. Yes, Donkey Kong. Yeah, yes, dude, what do you mean? No, No, it's good, it's good. I don't have it on the pantheon of pac Man and Asteroids.
Speaker 1: Oh, I would do Donkey Kong over pac Man all day. Yeah. Pac Man and Asteroids are bad graphics because they're so new.
Speaker 2: And I just have emotional connections. My grandparents had asteroids arcade in the back room.
Speaker 3: It is pretty great though, on Miss pac Man to have the little vignettes and just see how the family's doing. Yeah, and my grandpa had henrhoids, but I don't feel attached to it.
Speaker 1: I think you're very wrong on Donkey Kong Kevin.
Speaker 2: Uh, No, I think it's great. Do I had it on game Boys? You know, like it's frustrating my guys getting hit by a barrel here, you know. Yeah, Christina, what's your favorite stand up arcade video game?
Speaker 1: I immediately thought Burger time.
Speaker 3: Hey, is it that the name of the burger place? McKinney.
Speaker 1: Is that what the game is called?
Speaker 3: I never heard of it. Oh, okay, it sounds like something only happened in Cranbell.
Speaker 2: No, it's actually a game frogger.
Speaker 1: Okay, fast?
Speaker 2: What was uh?
Speaker 3: What was the one where you flew around on a camel? It's it was an Ostrich and it's joust.
Speaker 1: Joust. Joust is badass.
Speaker 3: You got to land that Ostrich on top of another Ostrich, you know what I'm saying. And then you just like that game rocks dude, Yeah, you got it. You gotta get the thing to get the Ostrich flying. There was a we used to go to fun and games at richardson Square Mall. You No, you did too, And they had a double stand up game. It was one v one and it was football and it was x's and o's and it had a roller roller ball. Yeah did you ever get the okay? And and it riched your hand up like where your fingers what's the part of your hand where your fingers going.
Speaker 1: To the hand Dallas hand taint, hand taint.
Speaker 3: You would be you'd be doing the rollers so fast and get it going. And then there was a little sliver between the rolling ball and the thing, and your hand would get caught in there or the edge of your you know where your fingers go in your hand, and it would rip it up and you would get cut, and then you would get the haunt of virus inside inside your hand.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I have a couple quick stories from our good friend Andy Samberg from the SNL after party stuff. So he remember the singer Robin. He's the Robin that he's mentioning.
Speaker 1: Here at the after party.
Speaker 4: I was taking a picture of Beck Bennett and Beck the singer. So I was taking that picture, and Robin, who we know because we did a song with her but I haven't seen in years, walked up to say hi to Beck singer, and I, drunkenly as a joke, was like, Robin, not right now, I'm taking a picture of the Becks, and she went okay, turn around and walked away, and I was like, wait, no.
Speaker 1: I don't care about the Beck picture.
Speaker 4: I want to say I and then she was just gone and I never saw her again. So I'm very hopeful she knew I was goofing and that I wasn't being a huge toll for no reason.
Speaker 2: They said that so many people and all these after parties and they had like overfill rooms and things like that. They were like, I didn't get to talk to Jason Saday kase I will fortune was I know it was there, just didn't get to talk to And the one time he had a chance to talk to Rob and he's doing a bit no right now, I'm taking a picture. He felt bad about it now. He was also talking about how he was kind of pissed because he had to work all week because he had to do that digital short that it took a lot of time and they had a bunch of handlers and things like that. And this is about the concert rehearsal from Friday Night.
Speaker 4: I have a funny Backstreet Boys moment.
Speaker 2: Great.
Speaker 4: I was being ushered around for rehearsal by a woman who was working for the show, and I was like, I really have to go to the bathroom number one. Everybody relaxed, okay, and she was like, you need to be on stage now. You need to be on stage now, and I was like okay. So we walked over where the bathroom was and one of the Backstreet Boys was about to go into the bathroom and she was like, he needs to go, we need him on stage, and he was super nice and he said hello, and he was like, oh, we're doing your song because he knew the thing about Brooklyn nine nine. And I was like, oh, that's so awesome. I went to the bathroom, quickly left, went out on stage, and then stood there for forty five minutes and Backstreet Boys went on and rehearsed before us, and I was like, oh, man, he must think I'm a piece of shit.
Speaker 2: So anyway, I apologize for that.
Speaker 1: I bet he thought it was number two.
Speaker 2: By the way, it wasn't.
Speaker 4: I mean, if it was, it was the fastest number two in the history of humanity.
Speaker 2: It's like, he's gonna go to the bathroom first. He's like, no, the Backstreet Boys are on in front of you.
Speaker 1: What was that?
Speaker 2: On the Seth Myers and Lonely Island podcast one of the greatest podcasts ever created. It's amazing.
Speaker 1: Do you have some go to podcasts? What are they?
Speaker 2: I mean, I listened to pretty much the Ben Skins Show podcast a lot.
Speaker 1: We're trying to review it. Yep, I'm doing a lot of that.
Speaker 2: Seth Myers Liman podcast is primo.
Speaker 3: Ben's looking for a Stars podcast, dude, I'll get you one.
Speaker 1: I'm looking for a Lakers podcast.
Speaker 2: You do not need to go listen to LOL Lockdown Lakers.
Speaker 3: Hey, I'm pull in on the Lakers now. I'm gonna every time you see me, I'm gonna be wearing a Lakers jumpsuit. You're gonna come around on Austin Reeves, hummy. That's the more you watch him. This is not the time for this telling you. The more you watch him, the more you'll appreciate his game. Definitely a player and he's good.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: Coming up next, let's go around the sports Mark Cuban with some controversial comments. We'll do a deep dive on that next