Speaker 1: Boy.
Speaker 2: Tricia went into a panic last night around I don't know what was it, six o'clock or so last night, six fifteen, six thirty, and the hailstorm came.
Speaker 3: It came.
Speaker 2: It struck us in Cedar Park and she and I were sitting there and I heard it. I go, that's hale. I never seen Tricia move so fast out to the driveway to get her car.
Speaker 3: Moved, you, guys. I they always say it's skin of hail. It never hails. It hailed last night, and all I could do was stand on the porch and look at my car. Couldn't get my car in the garage. Just look at my car get pelted by hale. Yep, got teeny tiny hail. Not one bit of concern for my old Jelapi. He didn't care about it either. Why was I going to care?
Speaker 1: I don't care.
Speaker 3: I felt like pulling mine up as close as possible to the house. I at least protected one side.
Speaker 2: She was laying on the hood to protect the taking this taking blows from Mother Nature raining down on her.
Speaker 1: She's like hugging on Briscina.
Speaker 3: I've got you, I've got your baby, I've got you. But I'm telling you I never believe the hale reports because they always talk about it baseball size hail. We got a little notice three in size hail. It's all, yeah, yeah, this is the one time I don't worry about it and it actually hails.
Speaker 1: It gotcha.
Speaker 2: I haven't heard if it was any bigger around town or even either, but it came down yesterday, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: We got some weird You know, it's not gonna be even the night in the nineties again for over a week.
Speaker 3: I know, we have a cold front.
Speaker 1: Ca all take it.
Speaker 3: I mean it's gonna be on Sunday and Monday, low nineties, but all the rest of the time eighties. Like we have chants of rain three or four days next week too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe we'll get more hail.
Speaker 3: I got, I hope not. I got to order one of those things that covers up your car since I can't put mine in the garage, one.
Speaker 1: Of the like domes not in the bottom.
Speaker 3: It's like a dome, or it looks like the blankets like you can buy it. That's the actual size of the making model.
Speaker 1: So what are you gonna do. You're gonna go out and put it over your car? Every time they predict hail.
Speaker 3: Every time I get one of those notices with.
Speaker 1: My old car, I'm gonna drive to the hail.
Speaker 3: You want it to get ding Debts some insurance money for it, and then drive it around ding dep.
Speaker 2: It's the sticker. We got more coming up on Austin's eighties station. What three point one?
Speaker 1: And you know what?
Speaker 2: A score is written music for music for movies, not just any movies. Listen to the sum of the music the movies that he has written the musical score to Beetlejuice, Batman, Sleepy Hollow, Mission, Impossible, Men in Black, Spy Kids, Spider Man, Alice in Wonderland, Dark Shadows.
Speaker 1: That's just a fraction of the of the movies that he has done the music for.
Speaker 3: Maybe Oingo Boingo is just his launch pad.
Speaker 2: Maybe so, But wow, he's seventy two years old. But what a talented guy. Yeah, I mean, that's impressive.
Speaker 3: So what would be super cool is if they did a documentary about him, because I recently watched a documentary about John Williams.
Speaker 1: Oh that guy's amazing too.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, all of the incredible movies Jaws, Star Wars that he just to name two huge ones that he wrote scores for I would never think I'd be interested in hearing that backstory. Yeah, it's incredible.
Speaker 1: He also I think John Williams also did Saving Private.
Speaker 3: Ryot Oh, he did, like any movie in the eighties, practically, practically he recently passed away, didn't he, Yes, not too long ago.
Speaker 1: Danny Elfin's like, there goes my op. He's gone.
Speaker 3: He's like, I'm number one now. Sure, that's amazing.
Speaker 1: All right, what's first thing made you laugh today?
Speaker 3: All right? I know life can be tough, y'all, but you still got to wear deodorant. Not negotiable, not a negotiation there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true. Boy.
Speaker 2: I tried some deodor I'd had to give it up, some deodorant that didn't have aluminum in it.
Speaker 1: And it doesn't work.
Speaker 3: No, it doesn't. It's more of so. I didn't know until recently. There's like an anti perspriant and a deodorant. You know, there's two different things, right, Yeah, and sweating the deodorant stops to smell, right. I think the aluminum is part of the perspirant. Yeah, there's a funny commercial. Now I smell like persp. I took away my dude, my anti persprint now is smell like perspate.
Speaker 2: Coming up, we got the story we love and also Trisha's about to lose her mind because of a new Wendy's hamburger.
Speaker 3: Y'all, what in the world. It's disgusting and I can't wait to try it.
Speaker 1: We'll tell you about it.
Speaker 2: Coming up on Austin's eighty station what O three point one and streaming at one O three to one Austin dot Com. Trisian's got the story we love in just a moment.
Speaker 1: Don't forget.
Speaker 2: You can always text us anytime at seven three seven three zero one ninety six hundred We Love Hearing from you again. That's seven three seven three zero one ninety six hundred stories We love.
Speaker 1: Problem the Delestra holds studios Everyone's favorite reportter Trisha Delicia.
Speaker 3: All right, So Ryan Reynolds anything he touches seems to turn to gold. Right. He is paired up with National Geographic for a nature show. How it's not celebrating most amazing creatures on Earth, It's celebrating Earth's biggest losers. It's called Underdogs, and it's a five episode series narrated by Ryan Reynolds, showcasing animals who are on the very base level of the food chain.
Speaker 1: Is this show stars the shrimp? It might, yeah, I mean the shrimp is at the bottom. Everything wants to eat the shrimp, the.
Speaker 3: Shrip, the poor shrip. It showcases these low level creatures. They're bizarre mating strategies because nobody wants to mate with them. They're surprising superpowers of deception, horrible parenting skills, and completely gross behaviors.
Speaker 1: Is this like a spoof or is this real?
Speaker 3: It's real. These animals, these creatures that they're going to be talking about, are real. But of course it's going to be funny and entertaining earthworms. Yes, just the basest, basest animals, the lowest ones on the food chain.
Speaker 1: That's funny.
Speaker 3: I think it's gonna be hilarious. And then green Day wrote that the song for it, which I yes, which I think is very interesting. Like one of the examples that they give stuff you've never seen before, a cave in New Zealand that glows brighter than a bachelor pad under a black light thanks to the glowing butts of millions of mucus coated grubs. Oh, it's just weird, random stuff like that. And I am totally here for it.
Speaker 2: That's pretty funny, especially coming on the heels of Tom Hanks and with the Americas.
Speaker 3: Yes, when everything was incredible and amazing and majestic and awe inspiring, and now we have nasty mucus grubs.
Speaker 1: That's funny. I know.
Speaker 3: It's a National Geographic, I don't. I don't know when it's going to be out yet. There is a trailer out so you can go look at the Underdog's trailer. But yeah, as soon as I know, I'll let y'all know. Oh, premiere's June fifteenth on National Geographic.
Speaker 1: That's a good midsummer type of thing.
Speaker 3: Yes, right, And instead of assembling, instead of calling it the team of superheroes like that that shot the Americas, the team is called the super Zeros.
Speaker 1: Guys with iPhones, right, that's it. The whole thing was shot on an iPhone.
Speaker 2: Somewhere out there. My old bachelor roommate is having a good laugh. Why my allroommate Phil said something funny to me. He said, Sandy, there's a couple things certain in life, death taxes, and that Dave from Wendy's will always come up with a new type of hamburger. He was mesmerized by how many hamburgers Dave could come up with.
Speaker 3: The concoctions of combination.
Speaker 1: So every time he turned around, Dave had a new hamburger.
Speaker 3: I think this is one that Dave would be the most proud of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Dave's no longer with us.
Speaker 3: I know would be the most proud of. And here's what I'm going to tell you. Let me tell you from I'm totally grossed out by this.
Speaker 1: This.
Speaker 3: I feel like this is just will kill you death in a box when they hand it to you, and at the same time, I cannot wait to try it.
Speaker 1: Tell everybody what it is.
Speaker 3: It is called a grilled cheese cheeseburger. Basically what it is is you have in out of a top bun and a bottom bun. You have all of the middle cheeseburger components, the cheese, the lettuce, tomatoes, the meat, and then the buns are actual grilled cheese sandwiches. So you have four pieces of bread, you have the grilled cheese sandwich, you have the cheeseburger stuff in the middle, and then you have another entire grilled cheese sandwich.
Speaker 2: I just would love to know, Like when they were having brainstorming meetings at Wendy's.
Speaker 1: Is like, any go any idea for a burger? Yeah? I got one.
Speaker 2: We just think of this a grilled cheese on each side af the burger?
Speaker 1: Love it? Do it? Get it going? I know.
Speaker 3: So they're trying to say that maybe Sonic and five guys have a version of this that they've already been doing. But it's not. It's not to this level. It's not an entire cheeseburger on the top and the bottom.
Speaker 1: Okay, now, this is only available to our neighbors to.
Speaker 3: The north in Canada right now Wendy's in Canada.
Speaker 1: I don't know if the Canadians are going to go for this.
Speaker 3: I mean, I feel like it's a lot for the Canadians. It's too much.
Speaker 2: Do you want to start with gluttonous menu items? You start in the United States of America. You don't go to Canada.
Speaker 3: You test it here and then you spread it up to Canada.
Speaker 2: But you go to the most obese country in the world to try out these types of things. Yeah right, yes, Oh I bet rfk's just rolling over. Ohs be about to explode?
Speaker 3: Yep about that.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's why it's not here.
Speaker 3: Oh, maybe shut it down. Yeah, thing's red.
Speaker 1: Will you eat that burger when it gets here? Dude?
Speaker 3: I feel like I want to try it. There's no possible way I could eat a whole one, even at half a one. I don't even know for sure how it would get my mouth over the whole thing. Right, But for some reason, I feel like it's like the ultimate patty melt.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, you love a grilled cheese.
Speaker 3: Shit, I do love a grilled cheese, and I love a Patty melt. And I feel like this is like the super charger of a Patty.
Speaker 1: Melt, a Wendy's. There's something else.
Speaker 3: I find it interesting that you're a very kind of snobby about this Wendy's grilled cheese cheeseburger, yet when you go to McDonald's you get three burgers at once.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm a traditionalist, trash. I don't go I don't chase trends. I don't chase trends, never have never at all. If there's a trend out there, I'm going the other way.
Speaker 1: Always. I don't chase trends.
Speaker 3: It's the sheer quantity of food, the amount of food and calories in this one. Girl, cheese, cheeseburger. I feel like it rivals your what is it? A quarter pounder?
Speaker 2: Which cheese? And two big Mac? Big Mac, two cheeseburgers, And yes, exactly.
Speaker 1: And sometimes that's.
Speaker 3: Not enough, right, that's the part that I can't believe that then you're still hungry after eating all that.
Speaker 1: What really satisfies me is two big Macs. That's perfect. They ever do it? Buy one, get one free to look.
Speaker 3: Oh God, are you a little embarrassed by saying that?
Speaker 2: Nope, I'm a red blooded American loves a big Max.
Speaker 3: You got to get a heart attack.
Speaker 2: No, I just don't eat them all the time, but I do love one. I crave them sometimes the combo. I recently snuck a Big Mac in And you don't even know about.
Speaker 3: Snuck it in?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 3: When you told our daughter not to tell me that you had one? And she told me anyway? Little did she really he did? What does she say? I don't even know how it came up. Somehow McDonald's came up. She's like, I'm going to tell you this, but dad told me not to tell you that he had his combo the other night. And I go, first of all, thanks for telling me.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Second of all, why in the world would he want you to keep it a secret from me. I didn't want any grief about what you're getting right now for me.
Speaker 1: Yea, and I ate it on the way to the gym.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And then she said, you threw the wrapper away at the trash can at the gym. I guess I run it pretty tight ship.
Speaker 2: I didn't want to get caught. I brushed my teeth because I didn't want to get caught with Big Mac on my breath. Let's stay with us more coming out on Austin's eighties station. What O three point one. There is a connection between the day that Michael Jackson's hair caught on fire while filming a Pepsi commercial and the day that he died, A really weird connection.
Speaker 1: That's weird, all right, we'll get to that during Carrot Out.
Speaker 2: Karen, just a second Texas anytime at seven three, seven three zero one ninety six hundred and give us a follow on Instagram at the Sandy Show official.
Speaker 1: Trist you ever been of the country of Liechtenstein.
Speaker 3: No, the of Lichtenstein, I have.
Speaker 1: It's one of the smallest countries in the world.
Speaker 3: Did you know that when did you go there?
Speaker 1: Nineteen eighty three with my parent, with my mom and my sister, my aunt.
Speaker 2: All right, my aunt, my mom's twin sister, was living in Germany here my uncle was stationed there, and we went and visit. And one of the trips that we took was Austria, Switzerland and Liechtenstein.
Speaker 1: I'd like to know a fun talkt about them.
Speaker 3: Yes, please?
Speaker 1: They have won ten Olympic medals, all in the same sport Lichtenstein.
Speaker 3: Am I supposed to guess the sport?
Speaker 1: No, you'll never go?
Speaker 2: Okay, alpine scheme, Oh okay, tiny country, great skiers.
Speaker 3: Great, all you have to do there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, pretty much. CHRISA.
Speaker 2: Have you ever heard the old wives tale about pregnant with women with heartburn and they're more likely to have a hairy baby?
Speaker 3: Ooh, a hairy baby?
Speaker 2: Like have you ever see a baby with a full head of hair? Yes, chances are that mother had heartburn.
Speaker 3: I mean, is it true? Were you going to tell me they've proven it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they did a study trying to disprove the old wives tale of heartburn means you're going to have a hairy kid.
Speaker 1: Nope, it proved it true.
Speaker 3: Are so please know that my friend Claire, when her daughter Sarah was born, and Sarah is like twenty five now, when we were standing at the window looking at her in the little in the little cradle in the nursery, the baby right next to her full head of thick care. We named that baby Rico Swabe. And we have talked about baby Ricos Swabe so many times.
Speaker 1: Really, yes, that's funny.
Speaker 3: And then there was another baby next to Rico Suave who I don't know, must have been having some breathing issues or something. But it looked like you know what on a cake plate, the cover that goes over the plate. It looked like the cover. It had a little like tunnel shaped whole head out and they had the cake plate over his head. I'm sure it had something to do with it. It was just sitting on top of not touching him, just like his head was the cake.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And his last name was Espinosa, Caked Espinosa. We have talked about Rico Suave and Caked Espinosa for years, wondering how they're doing.
Speaker 1: I wonder what they're doing, I know, but that.
Speaker 3: Baby had a full It's like they put moose in that baby's hair. I mean it was such thick hair.
Speaker 2: Well, they proved that heartburn and hairy babies are both linked to a women's estrogen level.
Speaker 1: Oh, so did you You didn't have much heartburn when you were pregnant.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't it all. And our baby was bald to the point. She was bald for so long that you kept asking is she going to be bald like me? I was worried me while you shave your head.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean I got plenty of hair. I shaved my head, but I don't have any on top. I would look ridiculous. And she's got great hair. R she's great hair. I wish you'd take better care of.
Speaker 3: It, right, Yeah, I just want to brush through it every once in a while. Yeah, that's what I need her to do.
Speaker 2: Finally, you said you would care about this amazing factoid about Michael Jackson the day that his hair cut on fire when he was filming the Pepsi commercial. Right, it happened, and eighty two days after he was born. He died nine two hundred and eighty one days after it happened, right in the middle of his light.
Speaker 1: Isn't that wow?
Speaker 3: Two huge events Yeah, that's crazy. Who sat down and figured that out? That's even crazier.
Speaker 1: Big Michael Jackson fan, I guess. So wow. Is that weird though?
Speaker 3: Do you remember where you were when you heard Michael Jackson died.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It was on my dad's birthday and they were visiting, and I came down stair. Here's my dad was watching TV or reading TMZ and he said, Michael Jackson died. Ye.
Speaker 3: Really, Yeah, I remember it because your parents being there. Landry was almost a month whole at month old. That's the first time I left her since she had been since she was born. And I was getting a manicure and a pedicure, sitting in the spot chair watching TV, and you and your parents were home with her. I remember exactly where I was.
Speaker 1: That's wild, I know, wild thing. That's care. Don't care.