Speaker 1: Toby and Chili Mornings on Demand on ninety seven point one.
Speaker 2: Wash up out.
Speaker 3: Always a reason to feel good first thing in the morning, especially when you consider it's kind of a short week. Toby and Chilly in the Morning ninety seven point one WASHEFM is on. If you're feeling good about something this morning, we would love to celebrate it with you, So give us a call at eight sixty six nine two seven forty three sixty one. The talkback microphone works two for those of you who are signed in listening on your iHeart app Chili.
Speaker 2: Why are you feeling good today?
Speaker 4: Well, our house is getting painted, and I'm feeling good that it's it's really not as disruptive as I thought it was going.
Speaker 3: At least you're not feeling good because of paint fumes. A few'd have said that. I would have been like, do we need to have an intervention?
Speaker 2: Do you know what?
Speaker 4: There are no fumes? None, none, none, Really, it's odd, no and no, there are no paint fumes in the house. Maybe they've improved the technology of paint or the recipe for paint, but it's it's really not bad at all. The only thing that's visually disruptive is the plastic covering everywhere, which is good that they have it, because you don't want paint on your cot yeah, or your floors, but your stuff no so far, and I'm feeling good. I'm sorry that they're gonna be done today. So it's just a turn and burn.
Speaker 2: That's awesot exactly.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 3: Now who's doing the painting on your place? Prod a pro in the house. That is what I'm talking about right, Well, you know what I should call cert of protocum. Just paint my place and just not tell anybody and just have them do it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Will love that.
Speaker 2: Sure, they're going to charge me when I move out. Anyway, at some point.
Speaker 3: Why are you feeling I'm feeling good because it did not storm yesterday. I went through the day thinking that we were going to get like some rain and there were gonna be thunderstorms and that power might go out, and you.
Speaker 2: Know how it is when that happens, I start to stress.
Speaker 3: I'm like, okay, I got to get things done just in case the power goes out.
Speaker 4: That's why that's why it didn't storm, because you got ready.
Speaker 3: Well good, And then I'm wishing today for the same thing. I'm going to speak it into the universe.
Speaker 4: There's a chance of storms potentially severe onnes this afternoon again today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because if you work from home, that's bad. Mojo and I had to do some work from home because we have a holiday weekend, so I've got to meet deadlines. It's a pain, but anyway, you deal with it. Why are you feeling good this morning? You know where to find us. Give us a call and share with us. We love hearing from you, especially when you're feeling good about something, because that joy is contagious. But you know what else is contagious. The news Top Stories at the top of the hour. See what I did there.
Speaker 4: I'm choosing a positive headline.
Speaker 2: That's rare contagious in a good way. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So minimum wage increases are taking effect today in both Montgomery County and in DC, and we've got the details in just a.
Speaker 2: Few tou chance.
Speaker 4: Top Stories Top of the Hour, Top Stories presented by Celsius Energy Drinks.
Speaker 2: The Senates of vote rama.
Speaker 4: Continuing at this hour, Lawmakers voting on unlimited amendments to the President's so called Big Beautiful Bill. Now, Republicans have a self imposed deadline of July fourth, a suspect has been arrested in the shooting of Maryland celebrity chef to Bias stores On. Police say that twenty one year old Devin Spivey was one of five people involved in a November attempted robbery that left the chef and his girlfriend wounded. Minimum wage increases will take effect today in both Montgomery County and DC. Now Montgomery County rates will range from fifteen fifty to seventeen sixty five an hour, depending on the business size, and then in DC, non tipped workers will make seventeen ninety five an hour, where tipped workers will earn twelve dollars. Fairfax County's plan to convert the former King Abdullah Academy in Herndon into a new high school is getting widespread praise. The one hundred and fifty million dollar purchase will ease crowding at Chantilly High School, and the forty acre campus will come equipped with fields, three gyms, a pool, theater, and robotics lab. Metro riders can travel for free on July fourth, from five pm until closing, and to accommodate the large crowds that are expected, Metro is gonna be running more frequent trains, and parking at all Metro owned garages and lots will also be free on the fourth and Oregon just came out with their annual ranking of the worst cities for bedbugs. Chicago holds onto its title as the most begbut bedbug infected city in the United States for the fifth year in a row. But DC is sixth. Forecast for today, we do have a storm and floodwatch in effect. It's gonna be hot and humid, highs around ninety right now, seventy seven and only how.
Speaker 2: You doing today?
Speaker 3: Now that you got the news, We're gonna try to get you into a better frame of mind to take on this Tuesday, knowing that there could be some interesting weather. By the way, the news top stories at the top of the hour here at ninety seven point one watch FM. Next your morning mindset. Why because your mindset matters and we want to do our part to make sure you have a great day. That's on the way. Stay with Zobe and Chilly in the morning on this Tuesday here at ninety seven point one watch FM. Thank you so much for waking up with us, and now it's time for us to talk about you and maybe share something with you that could motivate you, help you get this new day started.
Speaker 2: Just a bit.
Speaker 4: It's called our morning mindset. Will we find a quote and share it with you to keep in mind throughout the day.
Speaker 3: Poet Lauria de Maya Angelou says, you can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. You can't use up creativity, the more you use, the more you have. Now what is my Angelou trying to tell us? That creativity multiplies through practice, So don't be afraid that you're going to run out of it. Just keep using it, use what you have, and then the more you will have Maya Angelo with some pointed words. On this first day of July, It's ninety seven point one WASHFM Toby and Chilly in the Morning. Hopefully that helped for you, And if you need to hear it again, you can on demand with the entire show on the Toby and chilipage at waschefm dot com. Coming up in just a few minutes.
Speaker 4: Well, AMC Theater is beginning today. Are introducing a new Platinum spot, which is a commercial that will play right before the main feature, which really begs the question, how do you feel about those ads before even the previews?
Speaker 3: That's right, commercials before the previews when you go to see a movie. Eight six six nine two seven forty three sixty one is the number. Talkbacks wide open too. If you'd like to add your voice to the conversation, just make sure you're signed into your iHeart app. We've got some thoughts, we'll share ours, and we can't wait to hear yours coming up next, you know.
Speaker 2: And I want to go.
Speaker 3: See F one in theaters in IMAX sooner rather than later. But this this could throw a curveball at things Toby and Chilly in the morning. It's ninety seven point one watch FM at eight six six ninety two seven forty three sixty one. Feel free to hit us up because there's something coming to movie theaters you need to know about.
Speaker 4: Starting today, AMC Theaters is going to be showing a new pre movie ad before movies, basically joining their competitors Regal and Cinema. So this is a way obviously for theaters to make money, right, But how do we all feel about seeing commercials in addition to the movie previews before the film even starts.
Speaker 3: I don't know Chili. You just went to see the new Pixar film with your family. Did they have any commercials? How do you feel about it?
Speaker 4: They absolutely did have commercials. And my gripe with that is whatever the ticket or the time is on the ticket, that's when I want the movie to start. So if it's a one thirty showing, then the movie starts at one thirty. I don't care if you do previews before that time or commercials by that time, but my expectation is one thirty. What about you.
Speaker 3: I don't mind the previews cutting in the time of the movie, you know, I think that's part of the movie experience. You go to see what's coming up. However, I don't need commercials added on top of that, which just prolonged things. I'm already kind of thinking about the fact that there could be three or four previews that I like that are probably fifteen minutes of a pop. Then you put in some commercials. That's just wasted time, in my opinion, commercials before the previews at the movies eight sixty six nine two seven forty three sixty one. Zach, what do you think? Thank you for listening to us in Alexandria.
Speaker 2: This morning.
Speaker 6: My thoughts on movie theater commercials.
Speaker 4: Wow, not a big fan of them, but just the sign of the times.
Speaker 2: And has under been not too long?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 4: It is what it is got to get eyes on advertising, Zach, you make a good point, But then how long is too long?
Speaker 3: And that's the question I have, because God knows, I'm not a stickler about things being on time.
Speaker 4: I'll give you one commercial, maybe two, then it's time to move on.
Speaker 3: We're talking about commercials before the previews, before a movie starts. Got thoughts eight sixty six nine two seven forty three sixty one talkbacks wide open two. If you're signed into your iHeart app, feel free to tap speak and send your thoughts to.
Speaker 2: Chili and I. We love to hear them.
Speaker 3: And in the meantime, we'll get to top stories at the top of the hour.
Speaker 2: The news you need to start today on the way in a.
Speaker 1: Few top stories top of the hour.
Speaker 4: The Senate is working around the clock in an effort to advance President Trump's Big Beautiful Bill. Now, there's no sign that the marathon amendment vote will end anytime soon. Meanwhile, Elon Musk says he will launch a new political party if Congress passes the President's massive spending bill. Posting on x Musk called the bill insane and vowed to form the America Party the next day. The DC Council is weighing a rule change that could impact former council member Treyon White, who is running to reclaim his Ward eight seat after he was expelled earlier th this year. Council Chair Phil Mendelssohn wants to allow the Council to remove a re elected, previously expelled member without launching a new investigation. Starting today, minimum wages are rising in both Montgomery County and the District. Montgomery workers will earn between fifteen fifty and seventeen sixty five an hour, while DC's non tipped wage increases to seventeen ninety five and tipped workers will now earn twelve dollars. Metro is going to be offering free rides July fourth, from five pm until closing, including trains, buses, and Metro access. With large crowds expected for Independence Day events, services will run more frequently and parking at all the Metro owned lots and garages will also be free. And according to a recent study, fifty three percent of adults feel stuck when they're cooking the same meals seventy percent one to add a twist, store try new dishes. However, barriers like lack of inspiration, time and cooking skills make it hard to switch things up. Forecast for today, we do have a chance of storms this afternoon. A storm watch and a floodwatch both in effect. Hot in humid highs around ninety right now seventy seven in Oakton.
Speaker 2: At six oh seven.
Speaker 3: You've got Toby and Chilly in the morning where you get top stories at the top of the hour. And a little bit ago, we were talking about commercials to the movies. They run them before the previews at the movies, before your actual movie starts. It causes a big time drag. One time you think the movie starts is actually not actually when the movie starts. So what are your thoughts on this commercials advertisements before the previews before a movie thoughts eight sixty six nine two seven forty three sixty one talkback microphone also wide open if you're signed in listening to us on your iHeart app where you've made us preset number one. Think you we'll get to that coming up in just a few aiplicationist. Little bit earlier, we told you about the fact that starting today, AMC theaters are going to run a premium commercial or a premium spot before the previews and before the movie starts.
Speaker 2: Now, there's a lot of opinions on this.
Speaker 3: At eight six six nine two seven forty three sixty one Chili, you said.
Speaker 4: I'm not a fan, but if you're going to do it, at least have the movie start when it's supposed to start.
Speaker 3: And I said, I'm not the biggest stickler on time, because well, Toby time is a thing. However, too many of them could be laborious.
Speaker 4: And that's even more time to eat all your popcorn before the movie even starts.
Speaker 3: Toby and Chilly in the Morning at ninety seven point one Wash FM, what say you of these commercials running before your favorite movies? Eight six six ninety two seven forty three sixty one is the number? Talkback is wide open?
Speaker 2: Two? ROBERTA Hello and Silver Spring thoughts. I'll tell you something, those commercials are so long and they're.
Speaker 4: Not instead of previews.
Speaker 7: In addition, so the other day I went to a movie and it was forty five minutes before the thing.
Speaker 4: Started, and therein lies the issue. ROBERTA. If it says a one thirty start, I don't want a two fifteen start.
Speaker 3: Barry in Waldorf thoughts on these commercials running before movie could be honest.
Speaker 6: I'm always late whenever I go to the movie theaters, so I appreciate them because I give you an extra about twenty five thirty minutes for me to get to their movie on time.
Speaker 4: So I like the commercial, Barry. It sounds like you're on Toby Time too.
Speaker 2: I will say this.
Speaker 3: Ever since they've started adding commercials and extra previews, I haven't missed the start of a movie in a minute, exactly. It never used to be that way. Toby Time.
Speaker 2: It is a thing Toby and.
Speaker 1: Chilly's nearly impossible question.
Speaker 3: And what is our question today, chiliamar The average person has at least nine of these that they never use.
Speaker 4: What are they?
Speaker 3: Eight six six nine two seven forty three sixty one? That's eight six six wasch FM the number one call? Now get the answer correct and you will go see Maroon five when they come to the area in November of this year, thanks to our friends at Live Nation CFG Bank Arena. In fact, the question one more time is.
Speaker 4: The average person has at least nine of these they never use? What are they? I'll give you a hint. It is technology related.
Speaker 3: If you want to see Maroon five, call now eight sixty six, nine two seven forty three sixty one.
Speaker 2: Get it right.
Speaker 3: Those tickets to see Maroon five in November and CFG Bank Arena thanks to Live Nation, yours with ninety seven point one watch FM and you're nearly impossible question for Tuesday, Toby.
Speaker 1: And Chilli's nearly impossible question.
Speaker 2: Hit me with that question again, poor favor Chiliamar.
Speaker 4: The average person has at least nine of these they never use? What are they? And the clue is its technology related?
Speaker 3: Good lord, you're playing for Maroon five CFG Bank Arena tickets up in Baltimore. It's in November. Thank you Live Nation for the tickets. We go to Chris in Rockville. Chris in Rockville, Hello, good morning and welcome.
Speaker 2: How are you good?
Speaker 3: Really good today? It's a short week. You know, we've got the fourth of July and whatnot coming up. Absolutely, you've got the question what is your guess?
Speaker 4: Oh, app do you think you've got about nine? You never used?
Speaker 6: Oh, I've got way more than nine.
Speaker 2: Yep, that's true.
Speaker 4: They take up a lot of like space and memory, Like why don't we just delete these things?
Speaker 2: Because we don't.
Speaker 4: Because we just never know what you might need it.
Speaker 2: That's very true. That's an excellent point.
Speaker 3: My phone is loaded with apps I don't ever use, but I downloaded it because once upon a time I thought I might.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 4: That's an excellent guest, Chris, based on your personal experience, and it is also the correct answer.
Speaker 3: Awesome, great, congratulations, You're going to see if Chia Bank Arena to see Maroon five in November.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Live Nation, Thank you so much. You are welcome.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Thank you for waking up with Toby and Chilly in the morning where the news is on the way. Top Stories at the top of the hour. I'll end up by the way. Don't forget another round of your kneeling impossible question from more Maroon five tickets tomorrow.
Speaker 7: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Top Stories, Top of the Hour.
Speaker 4: The Senate is powering through negotiations on President Trump's massive spending bill. Republicans are still hashing out key disagreements over medicaid cuts and green energy tax breaks. Now, two GOP senators have already said they're going to vote no. If it does pass the Senate, then it heads back to the House for a vote tomorrow. A suspect has been arrested in the shooting of Maryland celebrity chef Tobias doors On. Police say that twenty one year old at Devin Spyvey was one of five involved in a November attempted robbery that left the chef and his girlfriend wounded. The Justice Department is filing charges against more than three hundred people in a multi billion dollar health care scheme. Seven Metro employees face charges for faking injuries to claim benefits, and two hundred and forty five million dollars in assets were seized. The DC Council is going to be holding its final vote today on the Peace DC Public Safety Bill. It lets judges keep accused criminals in detention longer before trial, a move critics say undermines the presumption of innocence Virginians. Hey, now you are being reminded that every passenger must now wear seat belts no matter where someone sits in a vehicle. That law went into effect today. Drivers can only be cited for the new seat belt violation if they are pulled over for another traffic offense, and a survey of gen z and millennial Americans found that forty five percent would be embarrassed if someone saw their homes mess and thirty one percent haven't cleaned a room in over six months, and a lot of folks procrastinate cleaning, especially floors, which by the way, is a least like surface to clean. Forecast today we do have a chance of storms and a floodwatch later this afternoon. It's going to be hot and humid. I was getting up to near ninety right now, seventy eight and Stafford.
Speaker 3: And that is the news at seven oh seven it's ninety seven point one.
Speaker 2: Watch jef M.
Speaker 3: You've got Toby and chilly in the morning. This is not medical tourism. My brother hits our group chat and tells me that he intends to travel out of the country for medical care. Brings up the question would you go to an unlicensed to a really inexpensive doctor for a medical procedure. If you've got thoughts, you can jump in now at eight sixty six nine two seven forty three sixty one, or you can tap the talk bag microphone if you're signed into your iHeart app.
Speaker 2: Feel free to use it.
Speaker 3: Add your voice to the conversation that continues next with Toby and Chili in the Morning. Toby and Chili in the Morning at ninety seven point one wash FM with a question that comes straight from my family's group chat this morning, Chili, would you ever go to a cheaper, unlicensed doctor, say across the border in Mexico or up in Canada, if you couldn't afford proper care. The reason I bring this up is because my brother Todd is talking about going to Mexico. He wants to go have his tonsils out, and he says he's not having any success with the E andts in Boston.
Speaker 2: Area where he lives now.
Speaker 3: In the past, he has gone to have a tooth removed from a dentist in Mexico. But that was me Yeah, because he didn't have dental insurance.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: So but that was back in the day. I'm just curious, what do you think about this?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 4: You said unlicensed. We can't assume that just because they're overseas that they're not licensed. But it is very, very risky. The only way that I would do something like that is if it were literally life or death. Then maybe I would roll the dice. Yeah, like medicine to me is medicine. But like in America, we have certain standards of care Mexico, I don't know about the standards of care. I just don't know what advice to give my brother on this one. Other that I'm like raising a couple of eyebrows and he's asking for advice. I think he's just telling you, guys what he's doing.
Speaker 2: Good point.
Speaker 3: He did send us a picture of his passport and he says, I'm ready to go.
Speaker 2: So what do you think? Eight sixty six nine two seven three sixty one is the number? Talkback. He's wide open. Two.
Speaker 3: If you're signed into your iHeart app, tap speaks send, sometimes that's easier. Feel free to jump into the conversation. What do you think about going to a cheaper, unlicensed doctor if you can't afford proper care, Becca, Good morning in Arlington.
Speaker 2: So would you do it?
Speaker 6: Yeah? I would, especially if I needed urgent help and had no other options. Sometimes people are forced into tough decisions when healthcare costs are just way too high, even though it's risky.
Speaker 4: Thanks for sharing that, Becca, and also before we all judge, every single day people ask for medical advice from random folks on Facebook. So there is that.
Speaker 3: So what do you think would you ever go to a cheaper, unlicensed doctor if you could not afford proper care. Give us a call, you know the number. We want to talk with you about your thoughts. So feel free to jump into the conversation. Now we're listening, and in the meantime, stay right there because we have another one of your crazy first date stories to get to.
Speaker 4: Tina and false Church went on a date with a guy who brought his friend along. She had more chemistry with his plus one. Wait till you hear this story next, it's.
Speaker 1: Toby and Chilly's crazy first date.
Speaker 2: Tina and falls Church, what's going on?
Speaker 7: I went to a friend's wedding with my sister and her fan fiance. I was seated at the singles table and I noticed this really handsome guy, but it was quite brooding, not very sociable. But I had a great time at the wedding. I dance a lot, and then we went home. I didn't think anything about this at all, and I figure, you know, he wasn't interested, so I was quite surprised a few days later when I got a call from him. So it turns out he has my sister for my phone number. We agreed to me at King Viminion. He showed up. We at our date came and he showed up with a buddy. Well on the state. It seems like I was more comfortable with his friend. Our conversation was great, whereas the guy that originally invited me out was quite reserved, And so when the day ended, I was kind of disappointed. There was more. There wasn't any more connection with the brooding guy, so I did not think there was gonna be anything there. Okay, So he called a few days later just to say, Hey, it seems like you're more interested in my buddy. If you want, I could set you guys up, but I said no, I would really like to get to know you more. It seems like our phone conversations were a lot more productive. So we fell in love over the phone. We're being married now for twenty three and a half years and three kids later.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 7: Our wedding song was The Power of Love by Celine Dion.
Speaker 2: Sylbea and Chilly in the Morning.
Speaker 3: Hey, Chili, we've got tickets to see the weekend?
Speaker 4: We sure do. He's coming to town. In August and you can be there. If you've got a crazy first did story to share with us right now, let's become an instant finalist.
Speaker 3: Come on eight six, six, nine, two seven three sixty one is the number. Call right now. You could see the weekend. That show is going to be huge and we can't wait to hear your story. The news is on the way. Top stories at the top of the hour. Stay right there, Top Stories, Top of the Hour.
Speaker 4: Senators are working overtime to pass the president's massive spending bill, with Republicans still negotiating over cuts to Medicaid, green energy tax credits, and other key issues. The bill faces opposition from at least t two GOP senators and all Democrats. Meanwhile, Elon Musk says he will launch a new political party if Congress passes Trump's spending bill, posting on x, Musk vow to form the America Party the next day. Starting today, minimum wages are going up in both Montgomery County and DC. Montgomery workers will earn between fifteen fifty and seventeen sixty five an hour, while DC's non tipped wage increases to seventeen dollars and ninety five cents and tipped workers will now earn twelve dollars. The Washington Commanders hosted the full DC Council for dinner at Cafe Milano last night in an effort to build good will. Several members were seen leaving after discussing topics like parking and community benefits. Metro is going to be offering free rides July fourth from five pm until closing, including trains, buses, and Metro Access service is going to be running more frequently to deal with the crowds and parking at all the Metro owned lots and garages will also be free. NASA's live programming will be on Netflix this summer, so viewers can watch rocket launches, spacewalks, and views of Earth from space on Netflix. It's all part of NASA's efforts to reach a global audience, and new research from around the world reveals that cool people have surprisingly similar personalities now. According to the study, cool people share the traits of being extroverted, hedonistic, powerful, adventurous, open, and autonomous. Forecast for today, it's going to be hot and humid with a chance of storms later on highs around ninety Right now eighty and Springfield.
Speaker 2: It is eight oh eight.
Speaker 3: Now that you've got top stories at the top of the hour, it's ninety seven point one watch FM orre Toby and Chilly in the Morning.
Speaker 2: A little bit earlier, we.
Speaker 3: Were talking about the fact that my brother wants to go to Mexico to get medical care. He wants to go have his tonsils removed in Mexico because it's just expensive and the cost of healthcare can be expensive when it's not covered or it's not covered completely. So it got us thinking about when you would go get some unlicened care or maybe to a doctor who's not as expensive. Would you ever consider doing this for a procedure? Eight six six ninet two seven forty three sixty one is the number. That's eight sixty six wash FM. The number one talkback is wide open too. If you want to tap speak and send us a message and you're signed into your iHeart app. We're listening and we'll get back to your thoughts. Coming up Toby and Chilly in the Morning on ninety seven point one wash FM. The question is would you ever go to a cheaper unlicensed doctor if you couldn't afford proper care. The reason I ask is because my brother Todd revealed in a group chat with the family that he's going to Mexico to visit an E and T and have his tonsils taken out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we all know that saving money is the thing, but there comes a risk with that.
Speaker 3: Eight sixty six ninety two seven forty three sixty one is the number. Jerry left us a talkback message she signed into her iHeart app thank you for making us preset number one.
Speaker 2: Jerry, here's what you had to say.
Speaker 5: Excuse me, but heck no, I would not go to an unlicensed doctor. That's just too scary. Gush knows what they know and don't know. I like those people that know what the heck they are doing. Not that's saying all the doctors around here and know what they're doing. But it's better than not being safe.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Jilliamar your thoughts.
Speaker 4: I feel like Jerry's feelings are probably the most common.
Speaker 2: And now to Jeffrey and Laurel. Jeffrey, would you I.
Speaker 6: Draw the line at unlicensed I have no problem with medical tourism because if you can save money and get great care, then why not. But if I don't speak the language, it just seems way too risky.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 4: How do you know they understood the assignment?
Speaker 6: You got a ninety percent chance of awesome and a ten percent chance of ruins for life. That's just not worth it. You know, I'm going to play it very safe there, thank you. I'm not a doctor, but I play one on TV.
Speaker 1: What more Toby and Jilly head over to washpm dot com or the iHeartRadio app.