Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan Ray. I'm WBS Costin's new radio.
Speaker 2: All right, welcome back everyone. So I'm aware of what is going on in different places. And if you go to any of the websites, put into your browser forever Stamps, and you will see that there's a bunch of companies that are selling roles of what purport to be US stamps at much reduced prices. And it's almost unbelievable. So, for example, if you were to buy one hundred currently at the post office US first class postage stamps, there's sixty seven cents apiece. So if you're going to buy, let's say a roll of one hundred, it works out the sixty seven dollars. Pretty simple, man. Just going to buy a little book of twenty of those stamps works out to I think it's fourteen dollars and sixty cents. I bought a book of stamps yesterday at my post office. But I was intrigued by some of these offers that I see on the internet. Pretty simple, just put in forever stamps and they're offering a roll of one hundred stamps for thirty two dollars and ninety nine cents a role of it's deeply discounted, about fifty percent for the most part. So that caused me to call an acquaintance from about a year ago, Danielle Scrogi of the US Postal Inspection Service. What exactly, Danielle, is your title with the Postal Department? Is it inspector or are you up there in the administration if you know.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying, Yes, no, how you darn I'm a postal inspector, so I must relation with the Postal Inspection.
Speaker 2: Service, gotcha? So I know that you're pretty skeptical about the legitimacy legitimacy of these stamps, and we had a great conversation this morning about this. So how concerned should people be? This is? This is kind of complicated because I guess theoretically some of these sites might be legitimate, but most of them are not. And how does an average person who's looking to save a few dollars navigate these sites? It's overwhelming, to be honest with you, all these different sites and you don't want to, you know, buy counterfeit stamps. How do you avoid it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a great question. You know, we definitely want our customers and people to know that there are a ton of counterfeit stamps out there, unfortunately, and so I understand that people are looking online for a good deal, and you know, you might see blocks or bricks of stamps as we call them, significantly discounted, and usually I'm talking anywhere from twenty to fifty percent off the face value, a very big discount, you know, being sold out in social media marketplaces, econmas sites or even third parties and websites all over the place. And that's usually a tailtale sign, not in and of itself, of the deep steep discounts, that what you're purchasing isn't legitimate. You know, the Postal Service we have forever stamps, right, we have a set value, and so you know, we don't have stamps go on sale on Black Friday. You don't see that, you know. So when you see that, as a consumer, you need to be very skeptical that you might be purchasing something that's completely counterfeit. And so though again that's probably the biggest red flag is the price in itself.
Speaker 2: So I'm on the US Postal Service website, which I believe is legitimate USPS dot com, and it has, for example, some really interesting stamps. This one here Hank Aaron stamps and it says forever seventy three cents. I thought that the further stamps were sixty seven cents. Are they going up to seventy three cents soon?
Speaker 3: They're currently seventy three cents right now. They're probably we just the Postal Service just announced in July of twenty twenty five it will be going up another five cents if the board governors approved that. I believe that's in the work, so they will be getting more expensive. But to your point, this is another reason why, you know, I mean, times are tough for a lot of people, and so you know everyone's looking to save a buck. But I'm here to tell you that this is not the way to do it. The only way that you can definitely know that you're buying legitimate stamp sock is when you do buy your stamps from USPS dot com or from you know, one of the approved postal providers. And there are some legitimate big box or warehouse retailers that you can purchase stamps at and get a very slight discount. But again, they're not going to be anywhere in the twenty to fifty percent off range. That's just again a huge red flag.
Speaker 2: So right now, I was mistaken. A single first class stamp today costs seventy three cents correct, Okay, And so that's when I bought my Oh I see that's where it comes out to fourteen sixty okay, gotcha. So so I thought I was buying stamps at sixty seven cents at the post office. No, I was spaying. And they're going up in July to what seventy eight.
Speaker 3: Seventy eight cents?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: The Postal Service announced earlier this year that they were thinking to increase that and it's going to the Bard of Governors and once it gets approved that it'll go through in July.
Speaker 2: So here's a dumb question. Why is the price of Why has the price of stamps gone up so dramatically? And if I'm asking an area that puts you into thin ice, you can tell me that's a thin ice area. It seems to me that it wasn't too long ago that stamps were more Forever stamps were like twenty five cents, thirty cents or am I having a mind block? And if we're twenty thirty cent forever stamps not only back in the last century, but well back in the last century. If you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I'm a law enforcement officer. It's a little out of my lane. However, I will say that, you know, I feel your pain there. You know, I feel like everything is getting a bit more expensive. But I want to remind people that the postal Service is completely self funded. We are an entity that only takes money from our revenue and our products. You know, we are not taxpayer funded like other agencies are. And you know, I always tell people if you travel internationally, not if you go up to Canada and you ask one of your neighbors to the north how much it costs to mail something across the street, it's north of a dollar fifty at this point up there. So again I understand that it can be sticker shock for people and to see these increases, but by and large, you know, our postal service keeps things, as you know, low prices. We possibly can to stay competitive and so you know, but the times are what the times are, and so the increase I guess was necessary.
Speaker 2: Well, I know that a lot more people the idea of actually getting getting a handwritten letter. I remember someone once told me that they received a nice thank you note from George Herbert Walker Bush Bush forty one and they were thrilled that. You know, he would write handwritten notes, and I sometimes still write handwritten notes. But obviously the days of people writing letters have been overtaken. But it's easier to do emails now. All of that which is fine, has so I guess the amount of mail that gets dropped into the post office boxes is diminishing. It's not becoming even though we have more people, it's diminishing. A lot more people now are sending Christmas card greetings. I had more friends of mine who always would send a Christmas card that that's going away. So that's putting a lot of pressure on any company, including the post office. Now, you did say that there are some legitimate big box stores who maybe stockpiled stamps at some point in the past and they can sell those. Do you know, off the top of your head from my listeners, which ones a legitimate that they can go to if they can get a little bit of a price break legitimately, or are you not in a position where you could disclose that.
Speaker 3: No, the best way they can do is navigate through the USPS dot DOUG site and go to Approved Postal Providers. I believe you can type in your zip code too, and see locally what approved vendors can sell you books of stamps at a flight discount. So that might be the best way that people could go and find that information.
Speaker 2: Are those those places that you have to visit? You can't order them? I guess that's why you're putting your zip code in.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, so this would be if you're like a costco or someplace and you want to pick up stamps while you're there. I believe they're one of the approved places. So again, these are going to be places that you are already walking into to purchase other things. But the list again, it's under the Approved Postal Providers tab under the Postal Services website.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I'm looking for it and having a little bit of a difficult difficult finding it. There's a shop here, I see there's a shop dropped down. Nope, I don't. I don't see that, So I'll have to navigate that more. Let me do this. Let's take a break and we'll come back and I yeah, we can't. Yeah, just I put into the us PS. It was the search button to proved postal stamp providers that came back no results were found. But that's okay. I'm sure it's here somewhere. We'll figure it out. Let's uh, let let's see if folks want to ask you some questions. Not often we don't get a postal respect. I think what I want to follow up on is, okay, if people do have these stamps, you're telling me that you folks have machines, have abilities, as I understand it, too, discern whether or not the stamp is a legitimate stamp or whether it's a counterfeit stamp. And you told me also that a lot of these are coming from overseas. So I want to talk a little bit about those things. And then if you want to take some phone calls and people want to call, we'll take some phone call. Not we'll We'll let you go. But I just want I don't want my listeners to be scammed out of anything. It's as simple as that. We'll take a break. My guest is US Postal Inspector Danielle Scrogie. Six seven two five ten thirty is the number six one seven thirty. If you have a question of common if you've ever bought postal stamps. We're not going to take numbers or names or anything like that. But uh, and if you want to ask a question, you're more than welcome to do that as well. We'll be back on Nightside. Not often do we get someone from the US Postal Inspector Inspection Division to join us. Ben Danielle has joined us now twice. Last year when we were talking about the postal mail carriers, the mail carriers who were being robbed and their keys were being taken from them. We'll get to all of that. I promise. We're coming right back on Nightside.
Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan Ray on w Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 2: My guest is Daniel Scrogie. Daniel Danielle has Danielle, I think you've intimidated people here. The phones are quiet.
Speaker 3: You tell you have found out the answer to your I found out the answer to your question too. Where people can go so on USPS dot com. When you go in there, you can use one of the tools for locations to find a postal facility, and you can actually narrow it down by different parameters, and one of them is a national retailer. So if you type in your zip code and you kind of you know, tailor it to what you're looking for. If you want something outside of a post office, you can go ahead and do that, and then you can see there. I see stop in shops and Walgreens and those types of places are popping up.
Speaker 2: So people can they sell stamps the same price as the post office?
Speaker 3: Right, I don't know that off the top of my head. I know that that people can definitely get them there though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, no, I know that most of those retailers. But again just in terms of trying to get people somewhere where they can get a little bit of a break on these stamps. So you told me that if people do go out and buy these, I don't call them black market stamps, but stamps that are not through the US Postal Service, that your postal machines have the ability to detect fake stamps, counterfeit stamps from actual post office stamps. Correct.
Speaker 3: There's a variety of ways that we can use to detect counterfeit stamps. Our machines are also have the capability built into them. So again, and what I wanted to make sure people know is you wouldn't know it by looking at these they become very sophisticated and very very good that it's very difficult for somebody that doesn't know what they're looking for, and even quite frankly somebody who does to with the naked eye determine what is real versus what is counterfeit. That's how good they've gotten.
Speaker 2: So if the machine kicks out the letter with the stamp attached and says it's a counterfeit stamp, does that get returned to the center. If I happen to make a mistake and drop my letter to you in the mail and I forget to put a stamp on it, which I'm done, occasionally it comes back it says, you know, inadequate postage, and I you know, So what do you do when you find What do you think the post office is likely to do? Because I think what you said to me was that you don't have an obligation to return that to the person and tried to use a counterfeit stamp. Correct?
Speaker 3: Correct, So yeah, so you're absolutely right. In July of twenty twenty three, there was a change to the Domestic Mail Manual, which is our postal bible, so to speak, and within it it lays out all the regulations that the Postal Service holds themselves to and again in July of twenty twenty three, they change those regulations to say that mail with counterfeit postage would be considered abandoned and disposed of at the discretion of the Postal Service, so the item would no longer be returned to the sender as they once were. So if that happens, you know, consumers will have to seek recourse from the vendor that they purchased their counterfeit postage for because the Postal Service won't give them relief.
Speaker 2: For that right. But what I'm saying is, if let's say someone uses I don't know five counter counterfeit stamps to pay five bills, if it's it's conceivable that all of those bills, instead of being returned to the to the sender who has used the counterfeit stamps, if the machine kicks those those letters out and those letters, those those letters are disposed of or I assume shredded. Uh, you're going to all of us realize that some of the people that you had intended to send your payments to they're not going to get their payments. So you're going to get double charged the next month and and that's going to cause more complications in your life. So this this the word of advice that you give here is to is to be careful. I do have one caller and I'd like to take her. If you'll stick with me, we'll see if we get a couple more on the other side of the news. Can you hang with me for a little bit, Danielle sure? Okay? Danielle Scrogie Scroggy excuse me. Sproggy is a US Postal inspector, And again, I don't want people to get ripped off. At the same time, I went into this to try to find out what information and if it was true that there are ways in which you could save some money. Look, I still mail letters and I put stamps on letters. This might force me to as the price goes up, might force me to change my attitude toward it, but at least for now, I'm still a stamp guy. We'll be back on night's side right after the news break. Feel free to ask a question, make a comment, and if you've been successful and use some of these stamps and you'd like to, we're not tracing numbers or anything like that, so don't worry about that. Six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty six, one seven, one, ten thirty Back on night Side right after.
Speaker 1: This night Side with Dan Ray. I'm w BZY Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. Eric with me is Danielle Scrogi shrogy Again. I'm getting better on this pronunciation. Yeah, I apologize us postal inspector. So we'll get some phone calls here and again I ask you to be polite, as you always are. My listeners are always polite. We'll start it off with Janice in Lynn. Hey, Janis welcome. You're on night Side. You're on with Danielle Scrogie.
Speaker 5: Go right ahead, Yes, good evening, Dan and Danielle. I My father used to collect stamps back in the age and nineties, and once he passed in the two thousand, he you know, left him and so the family we're all like, well, who's gonna take them? So I did, and very interesting ones, but they're you know, old, and they're like, you know, twenty two cents, thirty two cents, twenty five and then I gave everybody in the family a hole pile each of them and we've been using them for years and I hope that's still Okay, I mean these are not used ones. They're you know, the big sheets, and then I just break them up and use them. But they have to put a lot on an envelope.
Speaker 2: Well, so they have a value that they have a number on the stamp. So let's say it was twenty two cents when it was purchased. And so what you're saying is, can you use three of those stamps today? Three times twenty two would be sixty six plus a penny stamp? I assume you could, Danielle.
Speaker 3: Again, this is a question mostly for a postal employee. I am a law enforcement officer, but so but I mean again, I would imagine as long as they are legitimate, and are you are fixing the correct amount of postage to it, and you're all set as far as I.
Speaker 2: Don't think, let me jump in here and try to help you out here, Danielle, I don't think, Jennet. You're not saying, can you take a twenty two sense stamp that was bought thirty years ago and slap that on a regular envelope and they would you would have that twenty two cents would not cover what the charge is today.
Speaker 5: You understand that, right, Yeah? I put like four of them on there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I think that's I think that's fine. If you know they were purchased legally, they have a value on them twenty two cents. If you go to the post office and you you know, there's different denominations. If you have to send a package, and you know, of course a lot of them know, they just meeter it. But if you have to send a letter and it's you know, eighty seven cents because it has some extra weight on it, they'll give you a they'll sell you a sixty seven cent stamp and then find a couple a twenty cents stamp of some sort. Yeah, they'll they'll do that.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The other problem I have is every time I send like a cod, especially when my nieces and nephews were in college, I send a birthday cod with cash and if on them they never would get it. It was like every time I mail one up, they never got them.
Speaker 2: Why would you send a card with cash? How long ago was this Janet?
Speaker 5: This is back in the like O six seven around there.
Speaker 2: But now, yeah, this this Danielle might be able to talk about. Go ahead, Danielle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, again, I'm always trying to do my due diligence to protect everybody. And I really cannot stress enough. How do not mail cash? I have to tell my own father not to mail my children cash, so I feel the pain there. Do not mail cash. It's just you know, you know, somebody gets sticky fingers and they take the year out that money. It's just not worth the risk.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't mail my things in wind anymore. I usually mail them in Peabody or Evily or somewhere else.
Speaker 2: So you have better success.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 2: The other thing too, is that they're also by the way, you have to be careful when you send a check. And Danielle and I have talked about this before in the year, and I think she remembers it very well that there are check washing schemes out there where they literally they were stealing keys from postal workers, uh, and they were going in and as much as many envelopes as they could and then if they found a check. Whenever I send a check to anyone, I always wrap it up inside a piece of paper because I think the easiest thing in the world for someone to look at a at an envelope, hold it up to the light and say, hey, that's just a check. Now. It might be five five dollars or might be worth five hundred dollars, so you got to be careful about that.
Speaker 3: I use them.
Speaker 5: I use special envelopes that you can't really see it. And I do still send out checks because I have to send them like the city for like XI tax and things only pay one. I do make sure you can't see through.
Speaker 2: All right, Jennet.
Speaker 5: Okay, Jenne, Well, thank.
Speaker 2: You very much for calling. Very nice call.
Speaker 5: Thanks, Okay, have a good evening you too.
Speaker 2: Let me go to Patricia in Brighton.
Speaker 8: Hi.
Speaker 2: Patricia, you're on with Danielle of the US Postal Inspection Division.
Speaker 6: Yes, thank you for taking my call.
Speaker 8: Welcome.
Speaker 6: I would like to relay as briefly as I can an unfortunate experience I've just had in March. On March first, I mailed four pieces of mail which were payments, one to Verizon, one to National Grid going to different states, one to the IRS, and one to the Massachusetts Department of Revenue. Both of those governmental payments were I paid certified mail. All four of those envelopes were returned to me about March twenty six, with a yellow sticker on each one. I think it was National Grid and Verizon came together, and then the certified mail pieces were returned to me, all with the same curious sticker it said not deliverable as addressed, unable to forward, and all the addresses were absolutely correct, So I notified. I looked online the USPS Investigation Emergency Department and spoke to someone there who took all the information. I don't know if it was ever investigated. I do buy my stamps at the post office. And shortly after I spoke to that individual, my local post office supervisor called me and I re explained everything and subsequently wrote a summary like a letter to him, and then I brought him the actual envelopes to show him, and he said, this was bizarre, That's what he said. And he and another supervisor had no explanation at all, and they actually repaid me for the certified meil. So uh, it caused with my vendors.
Speaker 2: That's good service. But let me ask you, did you did you get I assumed that those were tax checks? Did you when the when the mail came back to you, the checks that you had sent in in the envelopes?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 6: They weren't all the checks and the four envelopes were all there.
Speaker 2: It was but fair. Now were you able to send those? Have you resent those? You know?
Speaker 6: The governmental you know, tax payments? I didn't want to, but I I paid them online, which is totally not what I want to do, but I did that, and then I had the postal. My local post office supervisor said she really wanted to try sending the national grid to see if it went through. And it took a while, but it did arrive.
Speaker 2: But Danielle, this makes no s sense to me. Could have it been could have it been some person in the post office that didn't know what they were doing?
Speaker 3: I mean, yes, I don't know. This would be a delivery issue, so I'm not not my wheelhouse. But definitely seems curious. I've never heard of something I haven't done before.
Speaker 2: I am glad, Patricia that you said you did. You did speak to the to the supervisor at your post office and he was willing to uh resend the materials for you at no no additional cost, which is the least he could do. But it was the kind that that at leasia got to him. You made a friend at the post office.
Speaker 6: Right, I guess just that one National grid was payment was sent, but I paid the Verizon bill at the Verizon store, which you can do, but the certified mail, no, we did not send them.
Speaker 2: What are you going to do on future bills? You're still going to get your Verizon bill in your National Grid bill? What are you going to do? Are you going to continue to send a check or I'm going.
Speaker 6: To Yes, I'm going to do there.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I hope you have better luck with it this time. It's a pain of the neck. I don't like to give my my authority to any of these companies to automatically withdraw money from my credit card because I know I don't either credit credit card number. Danielle, you, I hope you understand what we're saying that you know this is not a post office problem, but you give your credit card to all these companies and gives them authority to to hit your credit card on a monthly basis, you know, it's it. It troubles me.
Speaker 3: I don't know how it sounds like you try to do the right thing.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: One of the things I do recommend if people want to do just what you did, you know, send it in a higher class of mail. This this case, it says you sounded like you sounded certified, so you can track it or you know where it goes, and so you can kind of keep eyeballs on it. But yeah, we also recommend you.
Speaker 6: It never left Massachusetts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, and again I apologize that happened, and that would definitely be a delivery issue on their end. And it is curious. I'm at that, you know, I'd.
Speaker 2: Like to make Patricia was a pretty good investigator and she got to the bottom of this and she got something to act on. And so Patricia, I congratulations. Keep me posted. You know, you call the show any night and you can say, hey, Dan, remember this, Patricia Brighton, I sent that check and it got through. Yeah, no problem. And Rob will give you my direct line if you want to hold on. You call me during the day and bring me up to data or any of this, because I'm I'm interested in you know, what happens to my listeners. You listen to my show. I want to make sure that you're not taking advantage of anyone. So hang on. Rob will give you my direct line and give me a call back and let me know if this male situation has got straightened out for you.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, thanks very much.
Speaker 2: Hang on, Patricia Robill give you my direct line, and that goes to any listener here on Nightside, particularly folks who have a problem like this. Danielle, I got a bunch of lines here. I promise I'll let you go at ten o'clock. You're a great sport. Let's see what people have to have to ask. I got Phil, Mike and Paul coming up right after this break on Nightside.
Speaker 1: You're on Nightside with Dan Ray on WBZ, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get back to the calls. My guest is Danielle Scroggie, US postal inspector. Let me go to Mike in Florida. Mike, did you and two or three others in here? Go ahead?
Speaker 9: Mike, Okay, Hi, first time cailer. I've been a listener of WBZ back when they were the Spirit of New England.
Speaker 2: I was still the Spirit of New England. There's a lot of applause from our virtual studio audience. What's your question about it? Mike? Thank you?
Speaker 9: I enjoy yourself. I was wondering are they gonna I hope they don't take away the free matter for the blind where blind people like myself can order can mail stuff, whether it be in braille or talking books or anything like that, for free. They are they thinking of cutting that out? Do you know?
Speaker 3: I do not. That would be probably a question for a postal employee that works of that stuff. I don't. Unfortunately, I'm the law enforcement arm so I only know really the criminality and use of the mail, and I can talk on those topics, but I don't. I know what you're talking about, and it is a great service. I don't have any information on.
Speaker 2: That though, I think, Mike, I would have known that we have a lot of callers like yourself who are either non cited, blind, whatever word you prefer, and I kind of imagine that they would shop that sort of mail from going through. I hope not, and if they ever do, I'll do I'll do a I will not be as friendly as the post office as have been with Danielle Tonight.
Speaker 9: Let me put it like that, Okay, okay, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: About whereabouts in Florida? Do you live east coast, west coast? Whereabouts?
Speaker 9: I live in the east coast. I used to live in Aventura, but now I live in Pembroke Pines, which is near Fort Lauderdale. I'm more sure when they're broadcasting myself. I keep up with what's happening in radio all the time.
Speaker 2: Well, thanks Mike, and thanks for keeping up with night Side. Keep in touch. Okay, okay, thanks Mikes. You good night. Let me go next to phill in Boston. Fill you next on Nightside, Danielle SCROGI, you go ahead, Phil.
Speaker 4: I don't know the lad the sense of mail, the national grid. I had similar problems, but I don't I agree with I'm impressed that you said you don't like the autopay because I don't like it either. I'm kind of scared of it. But the bottom line is I call up and they have an option where you could call the number and you could pay that month because I was getting sick of going to the post office, and you pay that month and even confirmation number, and so far it's worked out at that end. But unfortunately I've had trouble getting my mail in a PO box on my addresses I have both. The bottom line is I didn't get two tax bills on two different quarters, and I just obviously I didn't know I hadn't coming you did, Bill, I teamalized that money. And I'm not huming about her now, but I was at the time one more thing the old box. Every one of the six months or a year, I buy him for a year. My year was up. I have not known that you're supposed to put a yellow god into the p O box to let you know, hello, yeah, whatever. And I didn't get it, so I didn't pay it. Then when I walked up to the post, I said, excuse me, I said, well, that box of souls of somebody else?
Speaker 7: What are you talking about?
Speaker 10: I said, so, So I was going for a pretty I think I think, Phil, in all honesty, I think that you got to take that up with the local, you know, manager in your whatever.
Speaker 4: My luck. This gentleman, he's a real good guy and he's been there front. He helped me out. He called up. He sold my box with some other guys the day before. He called it guy. This is a time sense that very important to me.
Speaker 2: With all Right, Phil, we're a little off topic todight, and I to other calls, we might want to be on topic. So I'm going to let you go. But it sounds as if you have successfully navigated that issue. As I have every faith every faith and confidence you'd be able to do. Thank you. Yeah, have a great one. Good night. Let me get too more in you're going to go to Paul and andover Paul, you're with Danielle Scroge. Go ahead, Paul, Hi.
Speaker 7: Dan, thanks a lot for your program. I really enjoy it and have listened to it for years. Thank you, Mike. My question for Danielle is I don't know if this is their area of expertise, but is this service delivery service objective. I'm out here in Middlesex County and use the Middlesex Post Office a lot, and lately, not lately, but for the past few years, the service seems to be about two days locally in Massachusetts. But then on the other hand, times I get things from California in a matter of three or four days. So it's really the post office we have here in the United States is the best in the world. But I like to know officially, though, if you if you know it, what the service objective is? Uh? And in terms of distance from the post office, yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know that. There's a rule of thumb here. Go ahead, Danielle, go ahead.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And it's still bad because a lot of your callers are calling in by delivery issues and that's not my area. Yeah, so I unfortunately I can't. I can't answer that for you, and I apologize.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think, I think, Paul. What you got to do is just go down to your post office and find out. I realized that there seems to be a turnover in some of the local post offices. But find someone down there who is pleasant enough to talk to. Uh and uh and and take that issue up. I'm amazed too. I can send a letter and it can take a week to go uh, you know from where I live, ten miles away. Uh And Yet I can send a letter to someone in California and two days later they'll call me up and say, hey, I got your letter. It's it's one of those mysteries of life, Paul.
Speaker 7: Reliably, if I mailed something out here in Massachusetts that gets there in two days, I know, yep, Okay, that's I.
Speaker 2: Mean, that's the good news. Let's let's let's let's.
Speaker 7: Me one day.
Speaker 2: But now two days, yeah, well it's slowed down a little bit. Hey, Paul, I got to run wanting it one morement. Thank you much, appreciate your call, good night, Thanks for your comments. Michael in Boston, Michael got room for you. Maybe one more, but I got room for you. Go ahead, Michael.
Speaker 8: No, I don't think Danielle is going to be able to answer my question is related to this last gentleman in terms of the service.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 8: I think the government announced about a month and a half ago that, uh, they recognize the problem of the post office and they're going to restructure the system. Didn't we hear that about a month and a half two months ago? Dan?
Speaker 2: Uh? Yeah, I think that the Postmaster General has been relieved. I think he was appointed by Trump back during his first administration, and I think that that was an indicator that maybe there's some the changes coming. Let me put it like that.
Speaker 8: You know, well, I hope it's going to mean better service. I really don't like mail that doesn't show up but will show up six weeks later. I'm wondering, where is that letter at the post office that it's not delivered for six weeks?
Speaker 2: You know what, I can only describe to you. I don't think Danielle is able to answer that. I can only tipscribe to you. It's one of the mysteries of life. And hope, hopefully we can get rid of some of the mysteries of our lives.
Speaker 8: Okay, well, I hope they straightened themselves. Okay, I do too.
Speaker 2: I like the post office. I want them to be in business. I think it's important. Michael. Appreciate you, Carl, thank you.
Speaker 8: Very much, Thank you.
Speaker 2: All right, We're going to try one more. Mary Lou. You've called very late. I can give you about a minute. What do you got.
Speaker 11: Just wanted to know why I would have to pay the postage against for an envelope too. Actually that was sent with the proper address return address, hold on yads, and then when I bring it back to the post office, they recharge me and it was their mistake.
Speaker 2: Here's what I got to do, Mary Lou. I'm going to get another gentleman by the name of Steve Doherty, who Danielle knows very well. He will be able to provide us with someone who can answer some of these delivery questions and frustrations. And I promise you will get that scheduled in the next couple of weeks.
Speaker 11: Fair enough, Oi, Doki, Thanks all right.
Speaker 2: Thanks Thanks Mary, very appreciate it. Danielle, you're a great sport. I think you have given people up some caution and advice tonight on these these these these stamps, like your mother's mother's told us, if a deal looks like it's too good to be true, it probably is. Thanks so much for joining us, and whenever there's another postal inspection issue of any consequence, feel free to call me because you are always a great guest. Thank you so much for tonight.
Speaker 3: Awesome, Thanks much, dam.
Speaker 2: Thanks talk soon. Okay, we will get that post office person for some of the more general questions a little a little bit later on in the next couple of weeks. Back on Night's side, right after the ten Today is the anniversary, the twelfth anniversary of the Boston Marathon bombing. I want to talk about it on the other side.