Speaker 1: Taco shows, the good, the bad, and the games, the highlights and unfortunately the low lights that stood out this past week in the vast scene we called humanity.
Speaker 2: This is one on one one w JR, Orlando's rock station. Hey, I want to give you a reminder, another chance to win Metallica tickets this morning. We've been doing this all this week for you. Say we played Feature, which happens at nine o'clock, but up till nine you vote on the U. Say we played Artists of the Day, which today is the Clash. I saw that listeners suggestion again, So three clash tunes jr R Facebook page. Pick which one of the three choices you would like played back at nine. That automatically qualifies you for the Metallica tickets.
Speaker 3: Again, you're voting on the clash. Somebody's just randomly picked to win those tickets. Okay, hopefully it's you.
Speaker 2: Right. All right, let's plow through the bad stack here. Then we'll get over to mister good News himself and the Good News Network, which she'll be accessing here shortly.
Speaker 3: I assume I'm having a little issue with her right now. All right, go on with your bed. Let's get the bad behind us people. All right, I mentioned this earlier this morning. It's an update to a story from back in twenty twenty four January of twenty twenty four here locally, you remember the thirty year old woman who was shot while in bed with her young children in what initially was thought to be a home invasion. Also in the bed with her was the father of the kid's thirty two year old Sean Range. Well, fast forward to now he was also shot, by the way. Yeah, he was shot in the arm and injured, but not killed. Unfortunately, Porsche Streeter was killed. The children who were in the bed were unharmed as well. Fast forward to this week. Sean now has been arrested, as well as his buddy Benjamin Garman.
Speaker 2: Who is now allegedly arrested as the shooter. I guess these two can coct today. Hey, we need to get rid of her. Let's make it look like a home invasion. By the way, Nick me in the process, so it looks legit.
Speaker 3: And you know, the one thing that we really haven't discussed that that's sad is those two kids had to go through that. Yeah, now they lost mom already, Now they lose dad.
Speaker 2: Dad's gonna be in the slammer probably the rest of his life, and they had to witness that. God.
Speaker 3: I hope they have good a good aunt and uncle or a good grandparents, somebody to take them in.
Speaker 2: It's crazy.
Speaker 3: This is crazy, so they don't get in the system. Wind up on drugs. You know, I'm doing crazy tricks.
Speaker 2: Speaking of drugs, we go down to Singer Islands where I just had them tricks for drugs. Flor mother is facing manslaughter charges after her five year old son died after ingesting meth and fetamine in the hotel room. Mom leaves kid with the babysitter. In the hotel room, kid grabs a bottle of apple juice from a nearby table takes a drink from it. The babysitter told police that the boy immediately said it tasted weird and spit it out. The boy then started to shake and shiver and was cold to the touch with rashes forming. The babysitter said he thought it was an allergic reaction. The man told cops that he began to perform CPR when he noticed the boy became stiff and his head was tilted down. It took about an hour before anybody said, hey, let's call the nine to one to one emergency line. By then it was too late. Mom had put meth in the apple juice for whatever reason and left it out of the reach of the kid, and they.
Speaker 3: Didn't call the authorities because they didn't want to get busted for it. God, that five year old gone save the kid. Sure you're gonna get some charges, but saved the child.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mom, Heather Opsnicks. But when you're all methed up, you don't really think about that. I'm assuming she was probably out trying to score more meth while the babysitter was with the kid in the hotel room. How about this Donna Elkins over there in a bavard holding the two young boys who were fishing behind her house.
Speaker 3: We tell you we did an extensive break on her earlier in the week.
Speaker 2: What come on, lady, did you all hear this? You probably saw it on the local news. She comes ranting out of her house in a fit of rage because these two teenagers are fishing in a pond behind her house. Just one problem. The land they were on wasn't part of her property, which is what got her so upset. In fact, they were thirty five feet beyond her property and out on a peninsula extending into this pond in this neighborhood. I'm glad film was running. You know a camera was running when this happened, because you watched the footage and just say, lady, what do you think it? Even the husband comes out and grabs it was a pellet gun, but the kids didn't know this. Even the husband comes out and grabs the gun from her while she's on the phone calling nine one one. She told the boy she's gonna blow their heads off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're fish, They're not out causing trouble.
Speaker 2: This rocket scientist in Fort Myers searched on the Internet search phrase dent in baby's forehead a day before taking the critically injured infant to the hospital. Investigators said shown up Hashsprung and Alexander Ransom had brought the baby to the hospital, but when interviewed separately, had different stories as to what happened. Basically, they dropped this kid on its head and the kid experienced a serious head injury, and they didn't do anything about it.
Speaker 3: Rather, they just tried to google what was going on. And hey, if we've all had a mistake as a parent. You know if you drop your baby on the head, it's not your fault. You made a mistake. Kids now in critical condition, not sure if kid'll make it or not.
Speaker 2: Remember I told you when our daughter was born.
Speaker 3: You know how you have that bottomless pit in your stomach that something's gonna happen. I'm talking about when you drive home from the hospital, you're thinking, I'm not worthy that we have a life in our his And then we put the baby on the on the counter in the little what do you call that, the barrier, the baby seat carrier, the one that you know it kind of rocks Carson stell off and upside down. Jesus, we were freaking, but everything was cool. Quick Google dent in baby's head. No, it was quick.
Speaker 2: Let's go back to the hospital. Exactly. Sad news in Medford, Long Island. Fifty nine year old guy who operates a cat sanctuary dead as well as fifty nine cats. I'm sorry, sixty five year old guy and fifty nine cats dead in a fire that broke out in that cat sanctuary. He was trying to save as many cats as he could when he perished. One hundred and fifty cats did make it out and survive. Christopher Arsnaw perished in the flames in that earlier this week, and then we gotta be done soon. I got two more to go here, suspecting custody in Dallas after he walked up to a bride to be who was in town from Oklahoma celebrating on a bachelorette party with some friends. They had just wrapped up their party and were walking to their ride share. Yeah, this guy walks up to the bride to be and punches her square in the face for no reason whatsoever, just drops her, Oh my gosh, shattering her nose, broken teeth, concussion, just uh.
Speaker 3: Put him, put him away and for a while. This guy's sick. And I gotta throw this one in here too. From last weekend. This Miriam Yaami who uh crashed into the family on the sidewalk in Brooklyn, killing a mother and her two children, Uh for her reckless driving.
Speaker 2: And yeah, hey, back to the bride to be.
Speaker 3: I bet you're going to hear an update on that story that something was set at a bar or he he.
Speaker 2: Knew the ex but there's no reason to do that Oklahoma and in town in Texas, and he was coming from the opposite direction.
Speaker 3: I caught you, but I'm telling you, I think there's something more that's gonna come out of this.
Speaker 2: Wow. All right, do you got the power flush? You're ready? I do? Are you ready to flush it all away?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Please before we head over to the good News. Now, this is from Taco's bathroom at his house. Just it's so impressive.
Speaker 3: And might I point out Pat didn't even have that pot as we call it, that lever all the way up. That power flusher just got rid of all those dirt bags. Let's go to the Good News Network.
Speaker 2: Is it working for you now? Yes? And to getting major pop ups now? Though all right, here we go. This part of the feature is very thin on any kind of details.
Speaker 3: You know what, Sunshine Coast recycles wastewater to irrigate farms instead of dumping it.
Speaker 2: You see what in the river.
Speaker 3: That's a good idea, not to dump wastewater into the river over there, Sunshine Coast. That's like Aussie, right, Australia, I think. So if you want more, you can click on the store yourself. Oh, let's go pop ups. Oh my gosh, A record number of seven hundred and thirty six thousand, sandhill cranes. Pat, they flocked to Nebraska in the spring migration. Guess what, no bird flew bow so you can get that Ribbi in the.
Speaker 2: Sky story is astound what rabbis.
Speaker 3: Rabbi and the sky i say, Ribbi and Pat just everything's gone squirrel ready?
Speaker 2: Is adhd is just Ribbi ready? Wow? This one who cares about that a three year old.
Speaker 3: Found an ancient Egyptian scarab seal at the sight of David and Goliath's battle. Can you believe that a three year old, you know, just a little kid playing a dirt you know, probably shouldn't be He's gonna get worms or something that fuck, But you know that kid found a three year old or the three year old kid found an Egyptian scareb that's like a little fossil picture that it's worth a lot of money. He's got college tuition, has something framed it might know here you go for reference. I think it's like they were old coins, you know, like they trade that for pharaohs and stuff. Okay, pooh, I'm sorry for pals a Kazakhs down. We don't hear that much unless it's borat uh. They have an effort to restore the last wild equine species, huge boost man. One hundred and fifty of these horses. Now they were down there like one. Well there had to be two, you know, birds and horses. Oh they got your road runner in there. Yeah, Oh my gosh. A forty nine year old becomes the first to swim the English Channel and then it says, quote, nothing is impossible. It just doesn't sound like a good idea. No, you know, they had a boat. They're cheating, not cheating. I don't want to take away from old Blindy, but it's like, you.
Speaker 2: Know, they have a boat going.
Speaker 3: Okay, stay straight, turn left, the other left, you know, doc, Yeah, shark not in the channel?
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, okay, Well she gets a pal. There's this thing. Uh oh, your wiener dog made it in there too.
Speaker 2: The Good News Network was missing for eighteen months and they're not sure it's domesticated anymore.
Speaker 3: And I said I wasn't gonna do it because they wasn't home. But the Good News Network says, Valerie the winder Dogs survived eighteen months in the Australian bush to make it home. So I guess Valerie's home again. Look look a little Valerie. Now you get a face with the name. See you're in the she's in the arms of the owners and it's she's not like eating their faces off. Uh, there you go, Vallery Powell. And then last but not least, we all think rats gross.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: In East Africa, rats have prevented four hundred thousand new cases of the deadliest infection that's out there using their super sense of smell. So these dudes, look at this guy, he just has like a pet rat shoulder infection. It's hold on, it's uh, it's in Africa, probably the age.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know for effective rat smell aids, but uh.
Speaker 2: Here you go, you rat smellers pal. I think we'll close on that. You gotta learn not to ask for more information. In this segment, Lynchen Taco's commercial free workday rock block coming up there.
Speaker 1: Let you Taco on the man, download the iHeart Radio app and listen anytime anywhere.
Speaker 2: This is j r R. All right, go to when it