Speaker 1: I opened the sports page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six nine.
Speaker 2: The games Mike the Bulldog beyond you on JR R. Bulldog Sports page brought you by a rock the bank or cash giveaways. Don't forget those will kick back in. I had nine oh five this morning, your first chance to win one thousand dollars just for rocking on the job with Jay R R. Well Bulldog. I guess there was good news but ultimately bad news last night with the return of the Frondie for the Magic.
Speaker 3: Yeah eight If Franz did return and actually looked good. He played twenty four minutes, led the Magic with twenty points. Of course, he missed the previous twenty games with that torn stomach muscle. But man, the Magic. It may be close to panic time for the Orlando Magic. They got blown out one oh one to seventy nine at home by a bad Portland team.
Speaker 2: And when the Fronz.
Speaker 3: Was looking good in his return, I'll tell you who didn't look good last night and looked very frustrated. Pallo bank Care had one of the worst games of his career, just eight points on one of fourteen shooting. One of fourteen shooting the Magic just do not look like themselves right now.
Speaker 1: They really don't. I told Pat earlier. Dog Got told Pat earlier. We just got the fronds back. Now you just need to give all them time to mesh again. This is everything's timed out perfectly. We're going to have a rock star team. Just do the three point drill like I said yesterday, where you just take two days to shoot three Could.
Speaker 2: We do an experiment? Just would you guys agree to an experiment as long as it doesn't evolve my magic signs? Oh it does. I'd like you to just put those back where they were just for the weekend to see if it gets in the winning track.
Speaker 1: There's only been two games, five game losing streak.
Speaker 2: Now we got to do something to try to break this jinx. They're staying out.
Speaker 3: I have a theory. I have a theory about the Magic. You want to hear it. I think they've lost their identity. They're no longer the dominant defensive team that they were early in the season. And I'll say this, yes, Palo and Franz are there the Magic's two best players, but the player that sets the tone for this team and the player that they need the most right now is Jalen Suggs. Guy's one of the best defenders in the league. He's on the perimeter, he's their point guard. I think they miss him more than they miss Palo and Franz when they were out.
Speaker 2: Just my theory.
Speaker 3: The theory point, we should definitely try the put the signs back in the garage.
Speaker 2: We're just we're just asking just for the weekend, Taco, see if it works. Just found them. They've got the Pistons tomorrow night. Let's see if they can get the win. I did want to point out, Taco. I didn't want to forget to include this the Lightning or playing your favorite team in NHL tonight. Oh this Chicago Blackhawks. Yes, sweet, I love it.
Speaker 3: We couldn't name one player.
Speaker 2: Hey, Bulldog, are you gonna make it out to the rolex this weekend?
Speaker 3: I am not gonna make it out to the rolex this weekend.
Speaker 2: Okay, well we're gonna We're gonna head over to the track tomorrow. Oh good for you.
Speaker 3: How cold is it gonna be over there?
Speaker 2: My fifties during the day in your sixty.
Speaker 1: Bright Sonny, Okay, not bad?
Speaker 2: Cool cool.
Speaker 3: The Jacksonville Jaguars controversial, confusing coaching search. Looks like it's come to a conclusion. They're reportedly gonna hire Tampa Bay Bucks offensive coordinator Liam Cohen. That was reported late last night by ESPN. You want to talk about a two day sag at Cohen originally pulled himself from consideration for the jag job, then agreed to a contract extension with the Buccanteers that would have made him the NFL's highest paid coordinator, and then he changed his mind after Jacksonville fired their unpopular general manager Trent Balke. He wins the afternoon, and so he re engages with the Jaguars, goes to Jacksonville yesterday, talks to the owner, Shad Shod Cohn, and now it appears he is the new head coach of the Jaguars, and I think he could be a good coach for them. Obviously he was with the Buccaneers one year. We saw what Baker Mayfield did in one year under Liam Cohen. I mean he had a passer rating of one hundred and six point eight, which was a franchise record, had a career year forty five hundred passing yards, forty one touchdowns. So maybe the Jaguars have found a good coach here, but it took some deey. You gonna talk about soap opera? Wow?
Speaker 2: What about the what about the Dallas soap opera? Right here, it looks like it's come down to Brian Schottenheimer or maybe Kellen Moore.
Speaker 1: I think they're leading towards Schottenheimer. I believe that's just I think they should have just kept McCarthy.
Speaker 2: Quite frankly, you know, I tend to agree with you, dog, I do. It's just you know, ah.
Speaker 3: Are you guys ready to make our picks for the weekend NFL Playoff Conference Championship weekend? We got the Commanders at the Eagles in the NFC, and of course in the AFC, we have Buffalo at Kansas City. Let's start with the NFC Washington at Philadelphia. Eagles are favored by six. By the way, uh, Taco, you do prize picks? Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What about what about Saquon Barkley. One hundred and thirty rushing yards is his projection? And you know what I might go. I might go more than that.
Speaker 1: I think I would too. I know that's what they projected. I heard somebody else say go more dude.
Speaker 3: Right, yet two hundred and something in the snow last week. So I think the Eagles. I would love to see the Commanders and Jayden Daniels in the Super Bowl, but I think Eagles at home. You gotta take them, don't you. Okay, dog has the Eagles? Pad who do you have?
Speaker 2: I'm only going to take the Eagles because they're at home. But after watching the Commanders last weekend do their it's hard to bet against them, man, dude, it is hard.
Speaker 3: I think they have the worst I think they have the worst rushing defense in the league. So you would think Satan is gonna go off.
Speaker 2: Just something's got to give.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go. Uh you know what, I'll go Commanders.
Speaker 2: I'm going Redskins, Okay, all right, just.
Speaker 1: Just because I have Buffle jal to the Redskins.
Speaker 3: Buffalo versus the Kansas City Chiefs and of course the NFL officials, right, the Chiefs do have the officials on their Chiefs are favored by two. I'm taking the bills here, I'm with you taking the bills, and only because I've become annoyed with the Chiefs. I'm done with the Chiefs. I root against the Chiefs now because Patrick Mahomes is a flopper, and then of course they always get the publicity with Tata and now Caitlyn Clark's a fan of the Chiefs. So I'm going Bills because of my annoyance level with the Chiefs.
Speaker 2: Pat, you're going Bells to I've been at the annoyance level with the Chiefs all season, so why stop? Now, Let's go Buffalo.
Speaker 1: I'm in a tough place because you guys know, I've always been a Chiefs fan that I picked at the beginning of the year of the last five like four or five years, and but I kind of like the Bills to finally get their day where they beat Mahmie in playout.
Speaker 2: I gotta go Chiefs. Sorry, Okay, all right.
Speaker 3: By the way, did you see the NFL is considering a NBA style flopping rule because.
Speaker 2: Of my home.
Speaker 3: I don't think flops on the quarterback roughing the passer penalty.
Speaker 1: I don't think that the Rafts are going to be as lenient with them this time because they're getting so much heat, and I'm telling you, I think I think they're going to not be in on the chief side as much. And speaking of a uh the heat. What about Magic. Maybe we get Jimmy Butler. Oh God, he's not gonna want to come here.
Speaker 3: That's just what the Magic need. Come on, Diva Player. To really really set the franchise on fire, I had to try.
Speaker 2: Mike the Bulldog Pionkey, the host of Open Mic one ninety six to nine, The Game on a Jason Nest weekday mornings. Hey, he takes time out of his show to join us each morning here on jr R for the sports page. See you Monday, dog, oh oh, listening to JRR at work.
Speaker 1: Leave us a talk back and tell us where are you listen on the job and we'll play it back on the air. Download the free iyeard radio app now at double jr R dot com.