Speaker 1: All Time.
Speaker 2: Initials Invitational presented by Saint Paul Federal's.
Speaker 1: Credit Uniah Thanks to Saint Paul Federal Credit Union. Let's go around the room. Let's meet the competitors. This is quarter final number six. This is his Initials Game five thirty one. We have a five people already through to the semis, and a whole bunch of people like Marne and Parish waiting on wild cards. We'll go through the new rules for Dave and Amelia and Frank in a second, but let's go around the room. Hawk. What happens at Halby or Amelia and actually why not? Zach? You can read it, Zach. What happens if you or Amelia's Antonello win today.
Speaker 2: Emilia and I are sponsored today by our friends at Seventh Avenue Pizza. You can head on over to your local Jerry's and Country Market stores and take advantage of these seven ninety nine sale going on at all on all Seventh Avenue Pizza, and you've either Amelia or I win today. You can tweet at Meat Sauce one and take Seventh Avenue Pizza through the end of Sunday, and one lucky winner will win one hundred dollars to put towards restocking your freezer with Seventh Avenue pizza.
Speaker 1: All right, Zacho is the what Zacho is the eleventh seed? Amelia is Seed thirty three. But this is about the year of the upset. You're of the upset. A lot of big ones this year. Dave Schwartz is here. Dave, you are Seed thirty hawk. What happens if Dave win?
Speaker 3: Dave sponsored today by our good friends at ABC American Building Contractors. And if Age, I'm sorry if day you told me not to do it. Anyway, If Dave wins today, tweet at Mark de perrishon tag at ABC will help through the end of Sunday One lucky win is gonna win a one hundred dollars Visa gift card.
Speaker 4: Oh, Frank's up ready, Miss Frank stretching stretch though, let's go.
Speaker 5: You know, it's like a wrestling match of you. I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 1: We're ready, miss getting ready. That is Frank Fasceolero. He's the twenty second seed, Chris. What happens if Frank Fascelero wins today?
Speaker 3: Frank is sponsored today by It looks like Gold's gym look at you goodness, but also by Great Clips. If he wins today, you can swings at Marty Gellner and tag at Great Clips today through the end of Sunday. One lucky win is gonna win one year of free haircut at Great Clips. Salon good luck.
Speaker 1: Frank, Thank your friend. Chris, you are the fourth seed. We've already seen the two seed, John krisol go down. Let's see if you can hold your rank today, Chris. What happens if you win? As quarter final six?
Speaker 3: As always, I'm sponsored by Radco and ragdcud dot Comfy when you get ten percent off your.
Speaker 1: Entire order now through Monday in store online.
Speaker 3: At radcud dot com when you use a promo code Initials discount does not apply toppers, but everything else it does. Come see me today noon to one at the Plymouth location of Radco. Thank you, radcoch It's Radco.
Speaker 1: You can buy the home version at Initials Game dot Com. Versions four and five available. You can also play this all over town if you go to Initials Game Live dot com. You can go play at bars and breweries all over the Twin Cities. It just started a week ago. It's badass.
Speaker 4: Go check it out.
Speaker 1: It's superl that's initials Game Live dot Com.
Speaker 4: Don't care.
Speaker 1: Here's the new rules for you. If you haven't heard it, sounds like you guys have listened to some of these, but the new rules is here. In the past the last two years, if you get zero, you are out of next year's tournament as well. You disqualify yourself. That is still the case. If you get zero, you are not allowed to play in twenty twenty five. If you get one in the past, that guaranteed you a spot. Now it just makes you eligible to be in the bracket next year. Two points guarantees you a trip to next year's tournament, so two locks you in the next year. The other difference is wild cards, and that's another reason why Marnie Gelner is here. Parish is your wild card leader. He has four points but did not win because Tatum Ever beat him, so Parish, if it ended right now, would make it to the Semis with a wild card with four. Everybody else with three is also currently a wildcard, and that includes Marnie Gelner. So Marnie just doesn't want two more people to lose with four in the last four games, so she's cheering for all of you to do well, just not get four and lose. Yeah, there's a lot of things going on here, but wow, you could argue one of the biggest things now is the jackpod because we have to potentially give away seventy one foulars. Now, it's time you go to see the Federal Credit Union initials jackpot.
Speaker 3: That's Paul, that's right, the Saint Paul Federal Credit Union initials Jackpots currently seventy one thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: You're looking to buy a new car.
Speaker 3: Maybe save money in your current Carlo and do it with Saint Paul Federal Credit Union now offering Carlan rates is low at six point two nine percent apply to day at Saint Paul fu dot org slash campe in federally insured by the NCUA.
Speaker 1: All right, so as always it goes up five hundred dollars every week thanks to our awesome, awesome partners at Saint Paul Federal Credit Union. It's such a cool bit. Seventy one thousand, all time record by a mile. The all time record was thirty one thousand, five hundred that Carl won a couple of years ago. But it's up to seventy one thousand. If you get one letter in the right spot, you win two hundred and fifty bucks, which is still pretty sick. But if you just tell me both of them, you win seventy one thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: In your life's going to be different.
Speaker 1: Now, Amelia, since you are the lowest seed, we let you decide. There are four packets remaining. They were in the Saint Paul Federal Credit Union vault. You guys just saw me take them out of the vault. Packet two, six, eight.
Speaker 4: And nine are the remaining numbers. Which one do you want? No, No, don't pick that one.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go too.
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 7: Two, yep, that's the one that I wanted a number two. We're a couple. You can say, that's such a good size. So sweet, Okay, he's so loose, like it's just always unflappable.
Speaker 4: Oh no, So Amelia, think about this.
Speaker 1: What if the person who is calling it right now picks the right letters, yes, and you win somebody seventy one thousand dollars, But that make your life. If you pick six, eight or nine, they don't win.
Speaker 7: Anything, and they're a wccov R for life. That so solid as long as the show's on the air, Let's see.
Speaker 1: What is your name and where are you from? Good morning?
Speaker 4: Hi, I'm DJ from Saint Michael.
Speaker 1: DJ from Saint Michael. How are you DJ?
Speaker 4: What's going on? Man? I'm good to read you guys. Good.
Speaker 1: You have a shot at seventy one thousand dollars. My guess is you have to at least take Amelia out to lunch if if she wins you seventy one thousand dollars. With seventy one thousand dollars change, would it change your life? Or are you already filthy rich?
Speaker 4: Filthy rich? Oh? You're filthy rich?
Speaker 1: Okay, so this is just fun money, charity, a new boat or something, Okay, DJ, Saint Michael for seventy one thousand dollars, What letters are you guessing?
Speaker 2: I'm going to go with TEA as in uh tire and C as in car.
Speaker 1: T as entire and c as in car so TC as in twin cities TCR like. Okay, you're going GC bruh. Shot at seventy one thousand dollars, DJ.
Speaker 4: And Saint Michael.
Speaker 1: Did Amelia win him at least two hundred and fifty dollars? Did he win maybe seventy one thousand dollars? Does he have at least one right with t.
Speaker 5: C?
Speaker 1: I like those too, Sorry, DJ, All right, So here's what if it was DJ. So you picked a good packet, because I would argue, if I was a Power Trip listener and I called in to try to win the money, this is one of the three combos I would guess every single week.
Speaker 4: This is one of the golden combos.
Speaker 1: What is it doubles SS? I would argue, that's one of the two or three you should be guessing all the time. But now it's been used, so now you might want to take a year or so off from guessing SS. But I promise that. But anyway, SS are the initials for game. You're like everybody five thirty one you guys, you mark, Everybody remembers the rules. You yell out your name. Your name is your buzzer. You have to pronounce the answer correctly. If you ring in and somebody is getting the five seconds to think and you know the answer, yell out your name. Remember, you get kind of get in line if you want best out of twelve moves on, here we go, everybody ready, Here is number one of doubles. Clue number one, the second word could be considered very misleading. Clue number two involves friction. Clue number three known for streaking. Clue number four often involved in showers. Dave, Yeah, soaps, Come, I love Dave Schwartz. Sound good about that one too. He's also been here for an hour and we haven't mentioned the show the Bear once, and that really disappoints me.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, it's one.
Speaker 1: Of the best Schwartz out for number one. Clue number five often only briefly appears, sometimes for only a fraction of a second.
Speaker 4: Clue Clue number six.
Speaker 1: These produced light and are associated with wishes. Frank Hawk was first.
Speaker 4: Shooting Star.
Speaker 1: Yes, shooting Star. Of course it's misleading because those aren't stars. There's what not stars. Shooting Star gets Chris on the board we got starting here. It was very close, right, Hawk gets one. Here's number two of doubles. Clue number one connected to entertainment. Clue number two emerged in the last thirty years. Clue number three is a connection to Disney. Clue number four features algorithms and personalization. Clue number five involves original content. Clue Clue number six prime Zach yep, streaming service. I just said prime. I didn't even get to the rest of the Prime application. Those are all streaming services.
Speaker 4: Man, there's so many things for SS. Yeah, there's so many things. Yep.
Speaker 1: I wish I could get one of them. Streaming service. Gets Zach Halperson on the board and it's one to one, all right. Here is number three of doubles. Clue number one involves three or more people. Clue number two involves eliminations. Clue number three features commands or instructions.
Speaker 4: Amelia yep.
Speaker 5: Simon says, yes, all right, she's on the board.
Speaker 1: We have a three way tie. Amelia Antonello, Zach Alberson, Chris Hockey Mars.
Speaker 4: Is cheering for Amelia.
Speaker 1: Here's number four of doubles. Clue number one over two thousand years old. Clue number two considered dark brown. Clue number three is a liquid Clue number four, often bottled clue number five, but also often found an individual, single use plastic package. Yep, Sacha sauce, now smelling sauce. No breaks out is out. We're down to Amelia, Dave and Halverson. Here's the final clue, Clue number six, originally from China. This is Dave was first.
Speaker 4: Soy Sauce.
Speaker 1: Soy Sauce gets Dave Schwartz on the board, and we have a four weight tie.
Speaker 3: We are in trouble.
Speaker 1: Brother all right through four. Hawk has one, Zach has one, Dave has one, Amelia has one. Frank, there's still eight to go. There's number five of double s. Clue number one are often relatively slow. Clue number two can involve the use of water. Clue number three could be a person, although the modern term isn't. Clue number four these are used and found primarily in public spaces. Clue number five they have wheels. Clue number six they have brushes and a Frank was first straight sweeper. Yes, we have a five way tie that was almost at.
Speaker 4: Once was going on.
Speaker 1: Frank was the quickest and loudest. And again it helps to yell too, but I think Frank was first start screaming on the board. All right, well, all of you then officially not eliminated from next year's tournament.
Speaker 4: We can all move past that.
Speaker 1: You're all at least eligible for next year. Five way tie through five. Everybody has one. Here's number six of double s. Clue number one is an indicator. Clue number two are not equal between genders. Clue number three. There are different systems around the world.
Speaker 4: Rank go for it. Shoe size.
Speaker 1: That's right, Frank goes and takes plea staring me down size right right at me. I liked see the other thing I like about Frank. And part of it's because Wheel of Fortune is on right after you. Guys always watching the Wheel, always watching Channel four.
Speaker 4: I get it.
Speaker 1: But street sweeper shoe size. I like how you're slowly pronouncing it correctly. You're doing it like a Wheel of Fortune contestant. That's the correct way to do this, so you don't screw it up and miss standards.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: You're nailing it, Frank. I love it all right. Frank was the last to score, but he's gotten the last two and taking the lead.
Speaker 4: Well done, Nice job, Frank, and.
Speaker 1: We're we're at halftime through six. Frank has two, everybody else has one, and Frank, you're automatic in next year's tournament. Here is number seven of doubles. Clue number one often designed. Clue number two requires maintenance or grooming hawk yep ski slope. That's right. That was extremely go wow, that was early. Chris good one, Holy cow, all right ski slope. Chris back into the lead with Frank. Hawk and Frank both have two. Everybody else just one back with one five items to go. This is as tight as it gets. Here's number eight of doubles. Clue number one features holes. Clue number two can be glass or plastic. Clue number three is most often cylindrical.
Speaker 4: Zach yep, salt shaker.
Speaker 1: That's right, everybody's battling today.
Speaker 4: That is.
Speaker 3: So many possibilities for every.
Speaker 1: And we have three people with two, four items to go. Again, as tight as it gets. Hawk has two, Zach has two, Frank has two, Dave and Amelia both with one. Four items to go. Anybody's game to advance to quarter final number six and Marnie is loving this because it looks like getting four and losing is almost impossible.
Speaker 4: But we'll see.
Speaker 1: Here's number nine of doubles. Clue number one can be found indoors and outdoors. Clue number two involves exposure. Clue number three is involuntary. Clue number four is harmful.
Speaker 4: Huck yep.
Speaker 2: Secondary smoke Zach, zach, second hand smoke second hand.
Speaker 1: Nowhere, Oh, that's a huge swing. Secondhand smoke might be the difference. But Chris is killing himself.
Speaker 4: I don't know you can recover from that Hawk. You should quit.
Speaker 1: Second hand smoke. It's Zachary the lead man.
Speaker 7: One more all right, this is an exciting radio progress as tight as it gets.
Speaker 1: All right, Zach takes the lead with secondhand smoke. Hawk has to Frank, has to Dave and Amelia one back with three to go, or sorry, two back with the three to go. Lots lots of time though. Here's number ten Zach's and the lead of SS number one. These are also cylindrical Clue number two, not exclusively, but they are most commonly red. Clue number three. These often end up on the ground.
Speaker 4: Clue number four.
Speaker 1: Can be collected and analyzed as evidence yep or three seashells no hawks out for the rest of number ten. Clue number five often features a plastic.
Speaker 4: Zach shotgun shell.
Speaker 1: Shot gun shell and Zach takes a two points lead.
Speaker 4: Shee's and crack.
Speaker 1: That was gigantic zach o shotgun shell. No. Well, so a million Dave. You two are mathematically out to win, but you want to get that second point that guarantees you in the next year's tournament.
Speaker 4: Technically, if you get the.
Speaker 1: Next two, you are still an outside chance of holding a wildcard. So three's kind of the key. But the situation is as simple as this. Zach has a two point lead over Frank and Hawk with two to go, So Frank, you need the last two to tie Hawk, you need the last two to tie any other combination including Zach. Just getting number eleven and Zach is the winner, So Zach going for the win. Hawk and Frank need to run the table. Here's number eleven of doubles clue number one. These are considered small. Clue number two commonly inexpensive clue number three. They are placed inside of something yep, stocking stuffer. That's right, not over for Chris or stocking stuffer and is not fun. Yeah, that's the two point swing. It would be four to three the other way. Fun, but it's not on for you yet. You can overcome secondhand smoke by simply getting number twelve.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 1: The situation simple is this. Zach, you get this, you're moving on. Chris, you get this, and you force a heads up tiebreaker against Zach, and that's the fourth point for both of you, which would piss Marnie off.
Speaker 4: Go Dave, Frank.
Speaker 1: If you get this, you are tied for three points and would be eligible technically still for a wild card with three quarterfinals to go, so you would still be in the mix. David Emilia need this point to guarantee a ticket to next year's Initials Invitational. Zach going for the win, Hawk going for the tie. Here's number twelve of doubles. Clue number one. This can be literal or a metaphor. Clue number two suggests danger, disaster, or decline. Dave, Dave slippery slope. Oh wait, guess that was phenomenal fits both clues.
Speaker 4: That's there's nothing wrong with the best guesses.
Speaker 1: I've heard fantastic guests. But Dave Schwartz out for the rest of number.
Speaker 4: Twelve was over. I thought that was too.
Speaker 1: Clue number three can involve impending doom. Clue number four can involve an abundance of water.
Speaker 5: Amelia yep, sinking chip Yes, Zach runs.
Speaker 6: With Amelia walking it off shot, Marny's cheering because nobody got four, Zachary, how do we not get that second.
Speaker 1: Secondary smoke versus second hand smoke was the two point swing, and that's the difference between Chris and Zach. Zach gets four. Chris, you're so eligible for a while card though. It's not over for you yet either. But Zachary with the win moving on to the semi finals. What happens now, Zach, Well, all.
Speaker 2: You need to do is tweet at mead Sauce one and tag Seventh Avenue Pizza through the end of Sunday, and one lucky winner will win the one hundred dollars to put towards in your freezer with Seventh Avenue Pizza.
Speaker 4: I feel so terrible. I'm happy with it, but yeah.
Speaker 1: It's just there's been multiple examples of that in this tournament, though, where somebody put something on the border just as slightly off and swings the other way. It's a two point swing that happens. Shoot, you can't feel bad about that. Well done, everybody, everybody played great.
Speaker 4: Want to start to that one. I don't know we had a one v one one one. I don't remember the.
Speaker 1: Last time we had a five way one point high crazy Dave.
Speaker 4: Look, you have one point.
Speaker 1: You're not automatically in next year's tournament, but you already brought us all wild jerseys this morning. Bribes do help? Oh great, So I'd love to come back three hundred and sixty five days to bribe.
Speaker 4: Keep bribing you.
Speaker 1: That's fair. I appreciate that. Yeah, but you are in the pool, but a million, Frank, automatically in a next year's tournament because you each had two points. Yeah, this is real bad for the bragging rights. Now something, you're tired.
Speaker 5: You looked at me last night, he said, it's on now. I love you, but I'm there. Was he talking about here to compete?
Speaker 4: I had something else talking about initials? What happened?
Speaker 1: Talking about it yourself? She rejected you and listened to the podcasts.
Speaker 4: It's off.
Speaker 1: No, this is another one of those. I thought everybody played well today. Again, we've had a couple of games where the whole group plays well, but somebody's got to win out of the group.
Speaker 4: Today it was Zachary.
Speaker 7: I felt really good about Slippery Slope, no reason. What was it last year? Well, big fart?
Speaker 4: That was last year?
Speaker 1: Hey? Better than soap scum? Yeah, like you started off rough and you finished strong, No big deal.
Speaker 4: Yeah was terrible. So, Frank, how are you feeling, Frank? Too solid?
Speaker 1: You can't you can't feel bad.
Speaker 4: You know what's so weird?
Speaker 7: I I mean, I had a vision of shotgun shells just literally on the ground after he said that, because I knew it, and that one kind of threw me. You can't you know, I found after you played for a while, you can't get hung up.
Speaker 4: You just got to keep getting.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 5: I it's like when you said red, I'm like, is it R E A D? Is it something like that? And then your mind starts going in that direction.
Speaker 4: So you listen too many shows, You're over thinking.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 4: I love it. I know you do.
Speaker 7: Can I say shout out to Chris and all the good people at Wing's Financial any Dina. They told me that they actually don't do much work and just listen to the game every Friday morning, and I'd like, I'd like to support that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 1: And we hear that a lot that meetings on Fridays are often delayed until this game is over, and I appreciate the businesses that do that, or the classrooms when it's in school. I've heard a lot of teachers over the years let their kids. I had a guy once tell me that basically he runs detention or you know, like kids that get in trouble and have to like go to his classroom Friday mornings that they play every Friday, kind of as like, hey, I know this is technically punishment, but let's uh, let's all be positive and have some fun and play this game and keep trying. Yeah maybe, but at least they can hopefully they're following the rules and paying attention. And it's awesome.
Speaker 4: You're making the world smarter, no doubt proof.
Speaker 5: So what what places are playing the Initials Game? Which bars are doing it?
Speaker 1: Do you say that just rolled out last week at Falling Knife? It was there last night as well, but a whole bunch are joining all the time. So it's Initials Game Live dot Com. They're adding them all the time, so we're going to have them all over the Twin Cities. So for you, that's great.
Speaker 4: It's super fun.
Speaker 1: You can go play. I get to play it because I don't write the clues. I get to go play.
Speaker 4: Are you good at your own game? When I'm solid? Yeah? Solid?
Speaker 1: But it's actually kind of cheating. I don't want to go down that rabbit hole. But I've seen the list of everything it's which sounds impossible because it's like, well, how can you know everything?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 1: Certain combos are so rare, and I've seen the list of like the twelve things that I think there are almost the only two things that have that combo. So if that combo pops up, and one of those combos did pop up last week at Falling Knife, and I'm like, oh man, I can like seventy percent of the possibilities, that's just not.
Speaker 4: Fair when you should find some drunk people and make up that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is there a combination that I knew? I liked you, Frank, now.
Speaker 5: You've given them ideas. Is there a combination You've never used.
Speaker 4: A whole bunch of them?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Really, nothing with a z y x q.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: Those might be it, but like very few use very few bees. It's a lot of them are tough. There's like six or seven or eight letters that are just toxic.
Speaker 7: Do you walk around and like you'll see us signed for something or some high water hw and then like your mind my phone.
Speaker 4: I just can't escape it.
Speaker 1: No, twenty four hours a day. Zachary can't escape it either, because he's moving on to the semi rats.
Speaker 2: When he goes Zach and Hawk, you got a wild card chance here. I hope to see you there.
Speaker 1: I think Chris is gonna have a pretty good chance. We've we again. Today's another It's hard to get four and lose, it really is. That's why Perish is a lock. But everybody else, like Marnie and Chris with three. I think I think it's gonna be close. I think we're gonna have to do that random wheel and see who gets to go through to the next round. We're gonna see. Marnie was thrilled when I mean I got that last point. All right, you guys are the best. Love having you guys on. Thank you next year.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Frank.
Speaker 1: Emelias Antonello, Dave Schwartz.
Speaker 4: Uh, nine to noon is next.
Speaker 1: We're back five thirty to nine on Monday morning. Everybody have a great weekend.
Speaker 3: West sass Saple, what are you?
Speaker 1: Ford s