Speaker 1: Well, that didn't work as I intended. But Hi, everybody, welcome. It's Game Last Mornings. It's gonna be a heck of a show. Jan's app but we're figuring it out. I'm Jeff Greb, your host from giant bomb dot com. Thank you for tuning in. In this episode, we're gonna be talking about a plenty of news, including PlayStation fans raging over video games going elsewhere. It's gonna be a good one because we have Jesse Norris on the show. Jesse, how are you doing?
Speaker 2: I'm goooning, Jeff, how you doing?
Speaker 1: You know it it is? You got in some heat with those fans. I didn't even know. I didn't know who Chong was for the good or audience. I hadn't paid that much, okay, and you pointed that out and they didn't like it.
Speaker 2: It's got a whole transmog system. And by the end of the game, I had three different panties. I had a couple of bras, and you can just wear those if you want, Like, you can still have all your ads and do anything you want. But you can look super cool, you can look naked, you can look weird as shit. It's got it all okay at a giant clam head where the eyeball was the pearl.
Speaker 1: I like the sound of that. That sounds fine, nothing wrong with it. People should sho yeah, and you you liked wuchog that I loved it. Yeah, yeah, this is you know, if it's another sort of souls like.
Speaker 2: Right, and they are they are not shy. It is one hundred percent a souls like they call it ve like there. It is that genre with their own twists on it for the combat and stuff.
Speaker 1: What made this one work for you?
Speaker 2: It's insanely well balanced, and I know a lot of people have been saying it's really hard, but it is a game that is super focused on very quickly respecting to match an area, so you can at any point just go into the enormous talent try press X on a node and everything after that you get everything back, including like your weapon, upgrade parts and all of that, jump to a completely different weapon that works better for this area or fight. And just if you don't do that, it's super hard, but if you do. Incredibly well balanced while still being very difficult, has a super cool story with an incredibly difficult to get proper ending that you can only get a New Game Plus, but in this one, you're so goddamn powerful new Game Plus that I was flying through the game the second time. Yeah, it just it hits. It ticks every box to the point where as someone who absolutely adored Liza p I think it's just a little better because it's a little better balanced at launch where they haven't actually had to go back and change anything.
Speaker 1: Very okay, cool to hear. I beat Donkey Kong Binance over the weekend. That was a good game, really fun ending, really recommend people, you know, see it through a lot, a lot of cool stuff in that game. Now I'm like, all right, what's the plan of attack for the rest of the year, Like, what's the plan of attack for like taking on the getting caught up on games. I'm I'm Expedition thirty three. That's it. I'm going back to that. That's that's the move over here for me. YouTube is a new stream. I did YouTube not go to the right thing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it started, it's different. I was on the other one. I was like, oh, it's still not live, but it is it is a live when there's two hundred people there.
Speaker 1: Okay, there we go. Yes, it might have been the wrong thing was hooked into restream everybody, So sorry about that. Yeah, yeah, hopefully let everyone know ahead over there, all right, good deal? Yes, So yeah, I definitely I'm gonna probably start up Expedition. Well, I'm gonna continue Expedition thirty three. I'm about five hours into that game.
Speaker 2: It got absolutely amazing title.
Speaker 1: Everyone just seems to really appreciate it.
Speaker 2: So I eat it three weeks before release an embargo, and so I had like a full month of not really being able to talk to anyone about that game, and it told me insane because the story is so good. So it has been very nice to feel a little validated, because you never know, a lot of people are always like, hey, you're just all given the same scores, or they get very mad if you're an outlier yep, hire, or and like do you just want everyone to feel the exact same way? I don't understand, but yeah, on that one was like, I absolutely love and adore this and think it's amazing, And it felt a little validating to then see, oh yeah, pretty much everyone else has as well.
Speaker 1: Yep. That's one that just seems universally appreciated.
Speaker 2: Written by a venture capitalist who just was like, I want to do voice acting, and then was like I also like writing yeah, and then wrote one of my favorite stories.
Speaker 1: Over and now finally contributing something. So good job. Venture capitalists should go do other things and then to stop doing the other thing. All right, let's explain what we do here. This is a giant Bomb. We're a small team. We try to make cool stuff. We can do that with your help. If you go to giant bomb dot com slash join, go there, become a premium member, gets you ad free shows, gets you some extra goodies, and it really helps us do the things that we like to do over here and empowers us to stand on our own, which we really appreciate. As far as this show goes most weekdays, I Jeff Grub will help peace your gaming life back together. That includes breaking news and me even some of our own original reporting. For all these topics, I'll get the input of a bona fide expert who will make me look smart. If you are watching live on twitch welcome, You can always listen to the show later on podcast feeds by searching for Game mess Mornings or find the RSS feed on giant bomb dot com. You can also catch the show later with chapters and timestamps on YouTube. Hello YouTube, All right, we have a lot to get into, so let's start the morning mess with PlayStation fans rage over Sony's new multi platform focus. This is from Martin Carlson at Game Reactor.
Speaker 2: Where have we seen this before?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Right, it's I feel like it's a rerun, but all the characters are different. The era when games were exclusive to their format is now a concept that is increasingly living on borrow time. Microsoft has loosened the reins and made a big splash with Fortsa Horizon five on PlayStation five, which is reportedly the best selling game of the year for the platform, and in August It's Time for Gears reloaded, adjoining the PlayStation five roster as well, which was once considered completely unthinkable. Sony, on the other hand, has been more restrained around its own brands, but launched Lego Horizon Adventures on the same day for PC, PlayStation and Switch, something that may now change as it intends to appoint a new position within the company with a focus on multi platform. So that's the story here, right, that's someone There's a job posting from PlayStation saying we need someone who can help us really figure out our multi platform strategy. That seems to be the bulk of like what the language around there. I don't know if there are any more details I looked. I didn't see much else.
Speaker 2: Now it's pretty much just like job description mentions Xbox PC switch. It mentions Xbox more than Switch, which of course has gotten that fan base all, you know, And it is a full slate, and it's like it'll never be the full slate from anyone everywhere. That doesn't make sense. It's too expensive and not everything's going to sell. But yeah, when especially with hell Diver's Marathon coming, who knows about fair games, that game will probably need to be everywhere if it wants to succeed. And they talk a lot about their mid year strategy, which is it's not going to be day one, but three to five years down the line, when games are not selling anymore, how can we make more money off of these? And a cheap port is easier than a remaster, it's easier than anything to just hey, these are all PCs, especially next gen Xbox's whole and deb environment is literally just going to be PC. Let's get it over there, get a bunch more sales. It won't hurt our platform because it's already stopped selling there, so why not. But it's not gonna be everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I feel like on this show and in conversations that we've had and just elsewhere, this is old news at this point, Like we've said for a long time, PlayStation is also going to have to keep moving in this direction because that they've been looking for growth, and we know they've been looking for growth because they've said as much, and they've tried a bunch of strategies specifically to grow. Like it's a successful company. PlayStation undersell me. It makes a lot of money. They want to make even more. And the plann was live service games, and we've talked this to death. That didn't work, So what else can they do? The obvious thing here is well, what like the hang ups about putting games elsewhere before seem to have vanished or don't matter anymore at the very least, And we can make a lot more money if we do that. It's working for Microsoft. We sort of can't leave that money on the table for PlayStations because we need to grow from somewhere and there are people over on Nintendo's consoles. There are people on Xbox consoles who will buy our games now.
Speaker 2: It's the kind of realizing And I think a lot of people who play games and even cover games don't really like the exclusives sell Nintendo platforms. They don't sell other platforms anywhere near as much. It's not that they can't. It might be the thing that gets you to upgrade and stay in the ecosystem. It's like, Okay, I'm finally gonna get PS five because it's got returnal and I really like how smart games like. There might be people like that, but they're not gonna they don't jump between the platforms anymore. They're not dropping their library and going elsewhere. They might also get a system if they didn't have it already, but they're not leaving. And so the bad part of not having exclusives is a lot less than it used to be, where even like PlayStation is fifty percent micro transaction field and that's not their games. Generally. They are fully reliant on being the default third party. That's kind of what their strength has always been. And I know, like the exclusives really pushed us and the Game of the Year talk and all that type of stuff. Because it's it's super interesting when you're in this hardcore Niche yeah, but as Matt Piscatella says all the time, ninety five percent of gamer is by one maybe two a year, and if you're above that, you're in this little tiny portion of the actual audience. And so they just need to get every little bit of that small portion now because it's not like everyone's super successful. Everyone's making a ton of money, which makes all the firings that much more annoying. They're just looking to grow. They just needed to go up. That's the entire system, and this is one of the only real ways left.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think, you know, I was talking to Mike about it, and he's like, you know, I think if like a series of exclusives can still sway people to like purchase a system. And even in that case, he said, and I think you were kind of saying the same thing. No one's leaving their home base. No one's leaving their home platform and leaving behind the twenty years of games that they've purchased at this point that all work on these consoles to one degree or another. And even in that case, it's like, okay, well that's let's say, that's your strategy. That's big, expensive and risky, and at the end of the day, you're still leaving that money that you could be making from the other consoles on the table, and they're just not going to do that anymore. So the audience sort of freaking out about this is I mean, like, I mean, you said we saw it before, or what happened when this happened with Xbox, people screamed and shouted and nothing changed and here we are anyhow, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were doing the it's an experiment of four. The experiment was extremely successful, and so they started doing a lot more, or they continued doing the things that they were already doing in the background and didn't cancel them. It's it's just a very the industry changed a while ago, and these companies are very big and games take a long time to make, and so now we're seeing the shifts more publicly that had happened internally a while ago, like Sony shifted to mus as their growth thing, Microsoft shifted to it. Because everyone's in a war for your attention span more than anything. So it's, uh, it's weird.
Speaker 1: It I think there's one aspect about it though, that that is like, I understand why some people get upset a little bit, and that's because these console companies still act in a lot of ways like they are your like exclusive relationship, and they are like, oh, you know, you get all these benefits if you come into our ecosystem, which is why you have to pay for online and that's why. And you know, we've kind of bundled a bunch of stuff in this online package, so actually you're probably gonna want to pay. You know. I got the bill for PlayStation Plus Premium the other day, one hundred and seventy dollars for annually, and I was just, holy crap. I'm like, I kind of want to just do this because to make sure I still have online for playing PlayStation Network games. But I guess I should. I'm just going to cancel and I'll go look at the other thing. And they're still like, hey, we provide all these upsides to you coming to us, and so people are like, oh, okay, well we'll buy into that, we'll have a relationship with you, but you have to make us feel special if we're going to spend all this extra money on your online service and really a lot of money on your console up front. You got to make us feel cool about that, make it feel like you are paying extra attention to us. And then this makes it feel like, oh no, that's not real, which of course it never was real. It was always It's always been a strategy. You always been a business strategy, and so people kind of reacting to that and feeling like, oh, man, I wasted all this money or whatever. I spent all this money and I thought I had something special and I didn't. I get that, but also like you were fooled by a marketing tactic.
Speaker 2: So it was always silly, like you're not special for buying into something. You might be a group in a community and you have friends and all that type of stuff, but with everything pretty much always just comes down to list warring, and this ends list warring essentially.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I saw some like PlayStation accounts do the thing that some Xbox accounts did on social media, being like, hey, I'm unbranding myself from PlayStation going all in on PC. I guess the Xbox guys rebranded to PlayStation. The PlayStation guys are rebranding to PC, and hey, more power to you. You got to get out there do your thing, guys. But Yeah, it is a momentary pain that isn't even real, that's all just in your head. And more people playing these games is actually going to be better for games overall, all, right, same side or same coin, different side. Gears of for Eeday, and State of d K three are all are coming to PlayStation three or excuse me, PlayStation five. According to rumors, I like they're really going to scale these babies down. From Alex Hopley at Game Reactor, Gears of War e eday And stated K three looks to be look to be set to join the upcoming list of PlayStation five games from Xbox. For a while now, Xbox has been delivering its exclusives on PlayStation, from Indiana Jones in The Great Circle to Forts the Horizon five. The expectation is growing that soon after an Xbox first party title releases, it'll come to other platforms now. A report from MP First points to Gears of War e eday And stated d K three coming to PlayStation as well. I mean, here's War with the reloaded coming to PlayStation. It always felt it was like it was leading to this, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Everything they do that is like online multiplayer focus just makes sense. Yeah, I don't think State of K two really had micro actions. I'm guessing three will. Gears of War always has multiplayer stuff, which will be very big in Mexico, like always. So yeah, like pretty much anything they didn't do a vow, they'd haven't done South of mid Night they sell them, like Starfield and stuff like that, where I do think that eventually they will, but always case by case on what makes the most sense. Who can do it themselves versus who do we have to pay to get to do it? Like Ports Horizon five made sense to pay Panic Button to do it because they probably made that money back like twenty times over now. So a lot of times it's just the bandwidth on the team internally, like we see with Sony, they bought Nexus just to really try and help them be able to get more stuff to more places, and it's worked really well. So yeah, I would expect pretty much any big multiplayer game they have. The next Halo multiplayer that hits could be everywhere because people still people who love Halo Infinite and still play it a lot, are begging for it to come out on PlayStation so that they can have an infusion of new players.
Speaker 1: So let's not worry about the power or the porting or any of those pains that would be for developers to figure out. What do you think makes sense for Xbox to bring to switch To? Is it just all everything they possibly can or there's some games that I like, would Forts Horizon five also kill on switch To?
Speaker 2: I'm curious switch To hasn't been like an enormous social game, but they got Minecraft on there. That's like Nintendo pretty much sees Minecraft as like first Party. It's so big over there. I'm curious anything I think that's more Arcadie and less shooty murdery like Forts. The Horizon five makes a lot of sense. See a Thieves, even where it's a cartoony violence. I do think that you've got the built in kid audience there. If they do ever do New Banjo or anything like that. I think those types of games keeper from a double Fine oh sure, who have experience publishing all over the place. Like I think those games make a lot of sense. I don't know that like, uh, well, they're definitely gonna do Call of Duty because that's just is a given. They'll figure out some way to get some form of call of Duty on there, because they signed a contract saying they would. Outside of that, I think they'd probably focus on the things they have that are seen as like more family friendly first, and like everyone else, they seem to be waiting on dev kits.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yes, I think that MICROSOFTOMST certainly didn't get deaf kits early, right, because Nintendo would be like, it's almost yeah, well like even that kids like, we're friendly, but we're not that fround. I'm gonna give you this stuff early. We don't trust you that much. Yeah. I think that we have people point out the lack of analog triggers for switch to would make forts Horison five a pain, And yeah that's right, man. Sports of games with those triggers and the four feedback end the triggers feel so good. It's man, it's a bummer. Wish that thing had analog triggers. Me too. Let's see here. Uh okay, so e Day stated K three. I mean we haven't seen much of these games in a while. Do you think when they get when they reappear, when they get re announced, reintroduced during Pear's Where Egg they follow it up, do they talk about PlayStation at that point or is this something.
Speaker 2: I think they'll they'll talk about the game, they'll say it's play anywhere down with game Pass, and then when all the things come up, it'll just have a PS five logo.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think kind of like the point now, the Indiana strategy, right, what they did with the Indiana Jones will probably kind of apply.
Speaker 2: Go not giving it to Jeff opening Night Live and having him do one last thing that really pisses off their fan base. Yeah, that was outside of that. Yeah, I think they're just at the point now where it's like, hey, it's all going to be here, but if you buy it from us, you get it in your PC as well, if you have that, or if you sign up for game Pass, like dozens of millions of people do. But it's also the same thing with PS plus Premium. They're like more people are signing up for PS plus Premium than ever. Like when money gets tight, people are going to start shifting to subscriptions more than eighty dollars games Like it seems the next Battlefield.
Speaker 1: Might be all right, those stories out of the way, it's time for a break. If you want to skip these, if you're listening to podcast version, you go to Giant bombdab dot com, slash Join. It's yet ad free episodes of this show and more. Uh, you didn't do that though, so we're gonna go to a break. All right, we are back five people didn't have to sit through the ad because I don't have those ready to go, and then Jan's out, and what do we do when he's out. We just kind of have to make do wing. It's game as mornings. I'm Jeff Greb. That's Jesse Norris. We're getting back into it.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Sega Atlas leaker teases Persona three reload appearing in Nintendo Direct. This is from my Nintendo News. The inevitable appears to be happening in that Sega Atlas is preparing to release the excellent Persona three reload for the Nintendo Switch to The news comes courtesy of Reset Era member Lola La. I don't know how to say that name, and I'm not gonna try. That would be easier to say the this, who apparently has an excellent track record when it comes to Sega Atlas leaks Persona three reload, launched back in twenty twenty four four PS five, Xbox and PC. The news is that the game will feature in the next Nintendo Direct presentation and will presumably launch later this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it was this year.
Speaker 1: What's that?
Speaker 2: So I would be surprised, I'm I'm not. I wouldn't be surprised if it was there, But I remember when it came out like it didn't feel close when it was shown at the Xbox Show. People were Then news came out that it might not be that close because especially they've done so much lately, and that one is a full remake from the.
Speaker 1: Ground up type this is Persona, this is Persona three reload. This is the one that is already. Is that? Are you?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yes, I was thinking of four.
Speaker 1: Yes, I know I got in like a three load and honestly like not impossible that that could pop up somewhere like a Nintendo Direct. But I think they'll probably in Persona three reload first, get that out later this year.
Speaker 2: And then forgot that wasn't on switch already.
Speaker 1: Yep, not on switch. The probably would have been a little rough on Switch one maybe before. That's never stopped in when you're right, Sega Atlas. With the Persona games, they do seem to want to like act quicker than they have in the past, Get a project done, get it everywhere, don't take ten years to do that. So yes, this is probably right. That Nintendo direct sounds more and more plausible for this week. I mean they could announce it either day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they always announced it, like what a day or two beforehand sometimes if it's not a huge.
Speaker 1: One, most two days before if it's not something massive massive. Yes, although they've done day before and they've done where they didn't announce it at all and that was a direct. Any we have no idea what's gonna be, but it feels like they should have, you know, if it's Persona three reload and this the rumor is like this is where maybe Microsoft shows up with something at this point, and we got to get dates for Metro Prime four and a bunch of other stuff. That seems like a pretty big direct to me.
Speaker 2: But yeah, the consoles sold a pajillion. Now they just need to just keep giving new reasons for their hardcore to keep spending.
Speaker 1: And they just put out the Mario Party DLC, which has turned people away, scared everyone off twenty dollars for.
Speaker 2: This online it's offline only for like the Bowser TV moto said about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we noticed, we did our stream and we were trying to do it, and we went to the support page and it's like, no, you can play this online on the Nintendo support page, and that's not right, that's not accurate. Although I did it, I did actually really like the camera popping up in regular Mario Party. That's a good way to play that game. Yep, Okay, so direct probably this week. I feel pretty good about that. I'm hoping, really, all I need is the Metroid Prime for release date. Give me that and I will be satisfied. But I'm also hoping for some surprises, things that we weren't expecting. There's you know, this Persona three reload that makes a lot of sense. I do think the timing makes a lot of sense. For Animal Crossing. There has been some rumors for that, although there's also been rumors to be like, no, that's not gonna happen, so that's gone back and forth. I'm just like, I don't need a ton of new games. Just give me like one maybe smaller surprise for later this year, and I think they're gonna have really so direct.
Speaker 2: There's so much coming out already as is, Like, I mean, one of the bigger things they announced Portland's four for it right.
Speaker 1: Yes, Portland's four, and that's that's gonna be like a week or two weeks after.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like there's already enough big game. I think that's one of the main things that we always end up focusing on first party, especially with Nintendo, because they've had so many amazing games ever the years. But as an actual platform, every single platform has way more games than any one person could ever play in a lifetime just coming out over the next year or two.
Speaker 1: Uh, what do you think if Halo comes to switch to what form do you think it takes? Because we were talking about the last thing. Oh yeah, of War and State of the K three coming and it's like, you know, Halo still hasn't made the leap yet, but if it does, the Master Chief collection feels obvious on one side, but on the other side, that relies on the backward compatibility that they've done a lot of work for on Xbox in some ways, and like, I don't I.
Speaker 2: Just don't PC version.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 2: It's really big. It's like one hundred and fifty gigs and it doesn't have micro transactions, so it could. But if they're always ROI focused, then just Halo Infinites multiplayer. Yeah, makes sense because that's the works on Xbox One. That's gonna work fine on a switch. You would imagine. It's never plug and play. It's never easy to code anything. But when you're looking at what can I port and make more money off of, it's gonna generally be the newer thing with micro transactions.
Speaker 1: I know, yeah, any and I wouldn't. I wouldn't hate Infinite getting another chance to shine.
Speaker 2: I like that game a lot, Infinite in the state it's in and has for two years that was launch. That eighty seven would have been an eighty nine and people would still have loved it. It just took way too long to fix it up.
Speaker 1: Yep, absolutely all right. Hollow Knight's Silk Song will be playable next month that games come. This is from Oisten Kunke. Yeah, I'm sorry, I don't know I'm saying that name wrong at GameSpot. No, there's still no proper release date in sight for Hollow Knight's Silk Song, but European players will soon get the opportunity to find out for themselves if the elusive Metroid Vinga is actually real or not. Xbox has released its lineup for games. It will be showing off during this year's games Com, held between August twentieth and the twenty fourth, where sure that Attende's will be able to try out upcoming rog Xbox ally or the rog Xbox ally x well. The handhelds will include games like Roadblocks Cfieves to try out Box Yes, Roadblocks, that's right, and a demo for Hollow Knight's Silk Song is the big one here that will likely draw some big cues. You're going there, You're gonna go line up right now.
Speaker 2: We don't have to line up. One of us gets to go in early with all the press, but it seems like there's so many more press going this year. Last year we had three spots in the just go early and check everything out. This year we got one. So our editor in chief John will be going, creator of There, I'll throw this one in for one cheap plug. Creator of Console Wars, the card game. He'll be going. And it's funny because he has zero interest in Hold Night, So I don't even know ifoo bother looking at it. Of course I will try, but I'm guessing their booth is the far and away the biggest. Last year, it'll probably be similar to that again this year, though I am curious. Last year they had like fifty games. This year they have twenty. But I'm hoping that means they have a bunch for each game in the same space instead of one or two for the fifty games spread out all over the place, because it made it a lot harder to see anything. Yeah, I am excited. I think games calling is Colown's an amazing city paint in the ass to get to Amazing City games calm is huge and as long as you're there, is press very fun because you get to do a bunch of like, right, I'm gonna go here and look at this at this time, and not I'm going to stand in line for three hours and then get to play this for twenty minutes. Yep, pipe of stuff. But still it's a hell of an experience.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So this will be the first time that Hollow Night's been playable since Mike Minatti played it at an E three or a GDC seven years ago, maybe longer. It's in that range. It's been a very long time. Uh, you were joking before, like, eh, maybe it'll be the same demo that he played, and they haven't actually updated anything. That'd be funny. I'm very curious to like to actually see people compare and contrast and see what's happened over that time. I get the sense that like a lot of the improvements that they've probably have been spending years on are like actual refinements and just trying to get this game perfect. Because one, they could spend the time because how and I continues to sell and I'm sure that it's able to fund the team to a certain degree.
Speaker 2: It's been in game pass forever, so I probably still can keep getting money from.
Speaker 1: That, right. And then two, they just had such a positive reaction to the first game, they want to follow that up and make it just make it have a similar reception, and that's got to be very challenging, very difficult. But I'm looking to see what people say once they finally get their hands on it. This game's coming out this year, so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they said in June at the Xbox saying it'll be out when the Allies out, and the Allies out in October or November. It's going to be out one of those months. So before I think I said before Winter is like the only thing we got from Team Jerry. I'll let you know, if I am able to get my hands on it. I enjoyed the first one. I remember their Void edition had like fifty almost fifty bosses. Maybe this one has one hundred and fifty. And that's why it's taking so long.
Speaker 1: You know, it might be Yeah, probably, I'm sure that's what it is. Okay, Yeah, I'm like I said, looking forward to see what people say.
Speaker 2: It was February twenty nineteen. I looked it up when I wrote the news earlier February twenty nineteen when this was announced.
Speaker 1: Man, that's great, okay, so yes, So then six or six years ago it is like probably when Mike was playing that thing. All right, It looks like Mortal Kombat Legacy Collections release date has leaked early. This is from Jim Norman at Nintendo Life. We've been eagerly to anticipating more news on digital eclipses Mortal Kombat Legacy Collection since it was revealed last month with a twenty twenty five release window, and well, nothing has been officially shared. It looks like a more specific release date might have accidentally leaked via the Xbox app. No less thanks to IGN for the heads up. As noted on the r slash gaming leaks and rumor r slash glar. The Xbox App briefly had the upcoming collection listed for the twenty ninth Slash thirtieth of September due to the magic of time zones over the weekend, though there was no official from Digital Eclipse. The app listing has since been reverted back to the thirty first of December twenty twenty five, a placeholder while they wait to actually announce the real release date. You feel like this is one that could pop into that Nintendo Direct. Now that I'm like reading this, it's like, oh, yeah, this could still be there.
Speaker 2: That makes sense. It'll probably be a game's calm normally by then a lot of stuff if it's coming out anytime soon, you wouldn't know already. And they keep calling Xbox App just a store, like the when the publisher filled out the info, they didn't leave release date and they accidentally went to live.
Speaker 1: Maybe the person checking was like using the Xbox App on their phone to get to the stop.
Speaker 2: Mayb yeah, because you can actually see the store there now you couldn't before. They had to take out cloud streaming and remote play because otherwise Apple wanted an app for every game that's right, that was.
Speaker 1: An astabsding thing to learn.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those these companies are great. Yeah, it makes sense. Digital Clips does really good work. I'm excited. Yeah, well Model comback inn be pretty fun to go back to if you're just like looking to see fatalities and stuff.
Speaker 1: Mostly for me, you know, and it's Digital Clips, So it's going to be the you know, digital museum with all the interviews and for as much as like we don't know about the way games are made in general, when we do learn about how games are made, I think we often get the perspective of developers in Japan and developers on the American West Coast, maybe some other pockets here or there. That tends to be what we see. These are people from Chicago making games, or it had been from Chicago for a very long time when they were under Midway and all that stuff. I think nether Realm is still in Chicago, and it's that I just kind of we're in the Chicago the greater Chicago area actually is probably what it is. I'm like interested just to see that side of things and what it was like to make games in the nineties in that place and go like test these arcade machines at local locations and establishing that scene and what it all fans felt like. I'm a huge fan of how Digital Eclips does their interviews, real journalists doing, asking real questions and vetting this information and presenting it in a way that feels well thought out, considered. And Mortal Kombats is such a ripe thing for The games are interesting, The stories of the games are interesting, like behind the scenes, and the people making those games are interesting.
Speaker 2: So yeah, very excited about the media around it too, with the movies and all the various things they've done. There's so much to cover.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I said, well, it could show up at Nintendo Direct. Of course, EVO is this week. It's going to show up. That's what's going to happen here. So that's like the perfect fit for this game and that audience. And yeah, okay, so yeah, we'll probably get some news at EVO and I'm looking forward to that. Uh sweak It In live broadcast set for August to fifth. This is from Salamano at Gamatsu Konami will host its third sweak it In live broadcast on August fifth at four am Civic time. We'll make jam get up. The company announced you will be able to watch it on YouTube. The broadcast, which will run for one hour and thirty minutes, will feature various new information, the details of which were not specified. Speaking In one and two HD Remaster Gate, Ruin and Done In Unification Wars launched for PS five, Xbox, PlayStation four, Switch and PC. The esteam blah blah blah back in back on March and then it's coming to switch to, or it did come to switch to on June fifth. A new title, Sweaking in Starleap, is currently in development for PC, iOS and Android. That's the weird and mobile one. Yeah, they're probably doing even more with sweaking in those games. I think did all right when they came back, and I think they were like, hey, we were back in the game. We're Konami. Now we're here, get used to it. It's like, okay, this is neat.
Speaker 2: There. It's weird having Konami back. Yes, they talkative that first, Yeah, like they were super talkative at first. I've actually had a really hard time getting in talk into them for No Solid Delta and then games coms happening, and so I'm just curious. They're everyone's super busy but it is. It's nice.
Speaker 1: Always been hard to get a hold of Konami though.
Speaker 2: That's no, they weren't super talkative at first, which was weird. Yeah, it's cool seeing them back as I have so many fantastic IP and hopefully they treat them well. It is kind of annoying. I get why. Kind of annoying. The next thing's mobile focused, but you know, yeah, I can do.
Speaker 1: I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if all of these companies that have these RPG franchises are like, let's have our own bejo Yo kind of kind of game. I mean, say, gat List did that with Persona recently. It's not been well received, but I get the thought behind it, like let's do our own one of those. And just because it hasn't been well received doesn't mean they can't fix it over time.
Speaker 2: I mean that's going to work that it doesn't. It hasn't made a ton of money.
Speaker 1: Exactly, it probably has made a butt ton of money, and so yeah, so we can and could totally try to do that. I guess I haven't paid much attention to Starleep. I don't know if that's how they're doing this. Frankly, I don't care, but I think sweak it In overalls as this thing. It does feel like, Okay, Kunami's on that level. It's not just the Middle Gears or Silent Hills. They are also doing Castlevania, which I think for them would be right below like Metal Gear in terms of importance. So they're doing Castlevania as well, at least that's the rumor there is that the run back of Castavania game. I think we probably hear about that maybe before the end of the year.
Speaker 2: With how hot Metroidvanias are, it would be weird to not have a Vania.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, exactly and then say okay, and they're even doing sweak it In, and you know, there's a very loyal fan base for Sweaking In, so that makes sense on its own. But for them to be like, yo, this is gonna be We're gonna kind of treat this like a mini version of what we're doing with Silent Hill and have a couple of things going at once, Yeah, that's potentially exciting. I do wonder, like, for an hour and a half what they could possibly have to say, but no, everyone does.
Speaker 2: I guess it's just people sitting around on a couch going over shooting the shit. It's not going to be anything tight in gameplay focus. I would imagine vibe. It's the twitch audience stream more than the YouTube audience.
Speaker 1: Yea, exactly? Uh all right? Skate Reboot has over one million sign ups for latest playtests. This is from Blair Marnell at GameSpot. EA's upcoming Skate reboot was announced just over five years ago, but the long wait apparently hasn't diminished interest in the game. Over one million players have signed up for the latest Skate playtest, and that's a milestone for EA. According to EA, the eye popping represents the biggest playtest they app have been number I think is what this should say. Represents the biggest playtests sign up in the history of the company. Although sign ups are currently closed, EA indicated that everyone who registered for the current playtest will get their invitation by the end of July. The original Skate was released in two thousand and seven, but the series has been on ice since Skate three and twenty ten. They've really put out Skate, Skate two and Skate three and three years. I guess that'd be four years.
Speaker 2: Wow, that was that, Jen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's just how things worked back then. Huh uh. In twenty twenty, EA announced, God, it's been that long, that's Skate Reboat Reboot was in development. At that point, they didn't have anything, so it makes sense. It's sad that long.
Speaker 2: We've got a couple of guys and we've told them, hey, start thinking about making a new skate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not even like start thinking about making the studio to make a new skate.
Speaker 2: So it was like Ubisoft and splinter Cell, it's like, we're we're gonna do this. We'll start it soon.
Speaker 1: Uh so we are uh gonna find out more about like what people really think about this game if a million people are going to be playing it soon.
Speaker 2: But if they have nda is nothing a leak like that in Meadowfield.
Speaker 1: Of course, it's it's a lock box and nothing can escape it. Yeah, I'm curious because what I you know, I like the concept overall, but I'm not a skate person really. I was a Tony Hawk person. So when I hear like, okay, skate, We're gonna build this kind of game where people can hang out online skates to me, yes, yes, something like that. But it's like it's like people, you know, skating on the corner, going to the park and skating, hanging out and trying things and throwing whippets.
Speaker 2: You're not it's not like an actual skater culture game.
Speaker 1: I think it's gonna come with the package. Yeah, it's gonna come with the game. Absolutely. I I like the idea, But I'm I'm curious and I'm skeptical that the people who have been begging for skate to return, the hashtag skate for people, are they going to dig this direction for the game. I'm I'm thinking probably not, and it might. It might kind of blow up in their face a little bit. Now, that's not to say that they won't get used to it or come around to what this game is. I think there's a chance of that as well. But I think coming out of this test you're going to hear a lot of people going, oh, this is not what I wanted when I was asking for another skate.
Speaker 2: They might be helped quite a bit by Tony Hawk bringing skating back with one exam Like, it had been so long and the last thing we had was Tony Hawk Pro Skater five. It's been long enough now where I think something different, especially if they do have some dumb fun like Hall of Meat file stuff, especially for streamers, so I'll laugh and goof around and that pulls in a bunch of young people.
Speaker 1: Right, I mean, honestly, I think you make this game, and you make it PROCs chat and you are far.
Speaker 2: Ahead of the extraction elements where you get a skate into an area and you're being chased.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, I think if it's becomes a little bit of streamer big game, that's actually a good thing for skate. But again, I don't think that's what the skate fans are asking for.
Speaker 2: If you also have the these are really cool hard skate levels over on this side of the game, and then there's all the shit that pays for it over here, Like, I think that would probably be the best way it would work.
Speaker 1: Right, And making people want to like socialize in that game is the key to making that all work. So can they pull that off? You know, I'm hopeful. I'm ready to see it. This is definitely a game I'm rooting for. I want to see skate well and have that fan base be happy. We'll find out more soon, all right, let's see here. UK Games Trade Body issue statement in regards to Steam's removal of adult games. This is from Ben Lion's a Game Reactor. But really the story is that UK UK I E which is I think the group says that's not is that Peggy? Do they run Peggy like eighteen? I think that's them. Anyway, They're like, hey, you should trust those ratings instead of having credit card processors make decisions for you. That's essentially what they're saying. But really their motivation is pretty sure, they get money every time someone has to have a game rated, and so they want the ratings to be the final arbiter because that can give is the source of their power.
Speaker 2: And for pretty much everything else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so right, and it should be that way. That's the whole point of this, of industry self regulating and self rating their content, which is what this would be. Certainly that's how we're in the United States. Maybe it's maybe this is an official government organization in the UK. I don't know. But the whole point of this is so that people can buy the weird stuff if they want. If you want to go buy the Gooner games, if you do want to go buy the Steam games with people's butts showing, you can do that, and then we can have a rating there that tells parents this is not for your kids, and the whole system works. That's the idea, and it kind of protects people on all sides of the spectrum, and the credit card company is kind of kind of thrown a wrench in those works. And you know, obviously those the Collective Shout group, the one that's lobbying the credit card or organizations to do this in the first place, are getting their way here. There's also been a side of this jesse where people are now calling up the credit card company and trying to say, hey, you will listen to Collective Shout, listen to us as well, and that's been turned into a little bit of a movement on like the r slash Steam subreddit in some other places.
Speaker 2: They are collectively showed voting yes.
Speaker 1: They are collectively shouting at the group that has listened to Collective Shout. And I think that's probably the only way that this is gonna change. I think they have to feel a little bit of pressure. It's got to be for more than a like a week. It's people are gonna have to like actually actively continue calling up master part.
Speaker 2: Jernie Sanders behind it, saying we must allow people to buy the guna.
Speaker 1: Games exactly, yes, And I think he I think he did say that was a Yeah, that was a that wasn't you That was just a quote that we had there. I We'll see. I think we're like the credit card companies are used to listening to these organized groups and it will take a minute to like get through to them, because I think what's probably happening right now is people are sending stuff in or calling and probably just talking to a chatbot. They're probably just talking to.
Speaker 2: In in India that's just like, Wow, you've really given me something to think of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they just click and go back to their lives. Do you do you do you feel like they can make some headway here with this kind of pressure from some organizations saying hey we've already got discovered, and people go into the credit card companies and saying hey, please don't do this.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think a lot of the pressure will end up coming from the major publishers who are going to realize that it won't stop at sex games. Yeah, they worm their way in with the weird nine thousand year old anime Princess Uta Games and then come for everything, come for the violence and they'll they'll go for anything that isn't up to their values whatever they determine that should be. And so the actual big companies will realize, they'll go after it and it'll die pretty quickly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's checkpoints. It's like you always see your vote with your wallet. Well, that's not possible here, Like that doesn't that's not how this would work.
Speaker 2: And you can't even go and buy all the Hentai games you want right now, they're just gone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and like in the people as pointing out, like on Itch, they just completely wiped out anything that had like adult the adult tag, and that means if it's a game made for adult sensibilities, mouth washingty and down. Now. They also said that they're going to go through and look at these games again, like mouth Washington is probably going to come back. But that's not the point. This is still like hurting that game and hurting everything else.
Speaker 2: But and it wasn't just taken down you can't buy it, it was you don't even own it anymore. That whoever getting people.
Speaker 1: Yes, I don't know if that's happened across the board.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it happened a lot.
Speaker 1: Yes. Yeah, it's frustrating because it's supposed to be. We get all the bad things to the free market, right, you have to like go out there and get a job or else you'll starve to death and you won't have a place to live. And you're like, well, you know, free Marke if you if you want those things, go get a job, go figure things out. And then when when you're out there in the market, vote with your with your dollar. And it's like there's also the bad side of people being able to go in there and actually just say no, we don't want the free market to operate, and we don't want people to actually be free to make decisions for themselves because we know better. It's like, well, what the hell are we doing here? Why are we putting up with all the terrible things that capitalism has raw? But if we're not even gonna get the full breadth of the benefits, uh, And that's certainly what has happened here. And it's like it's because capitalism has never really worked that way. It has always been controlled by people in power, and this is another example of that. And they're just trying to make their shame your shame, and they can go to hell and they will be.
Speaker 2: Ah they will do yeah, I mean they will yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, So we'll see. We'll keep following the story. I hope it's I hope Itch and Steam are working in the in the background to make some stuff happen here. But I think public pressure is gonna be the real thing required to get there.
Speaker 2: There's not that many people at STEAM, which I think also makes a lot harder when something like this happens. They don't have the manpower to really go through and figure it out. They're just gonna go take out you'd swaths.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean they'll they'll go like hey, and if the people don't like this, they'll have to organize themselves and do something about it. That is the valve attitude about everything, and I think that that's what they're hoping will happen here or help.
Speaker 2: They should just use some AI. It'll be fixed in a minute.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Cool thing, cool thing that we have to deal with. All right, that does it for the headlines. Let's get to the poll question for Actually, you know what, we didn't do poll question because it was Friday and we're doing the bomb twelve now, so we have a new pole question. We'll get to here in a moment. Before we do that, though, Jesse, why don't you tell peoplehere? They could find you on the internet what you have going on and all that good stuff.
Speaker 2: You can find everything we do at xbox era dot com where Xbox Era on YouTube our big thing outside of going to Games Calm, where thankfully we had a very successful fan bribe. Because it's very expensive to get out there, they go to Console warsthegame dot com. It's a funnel little card game that you and if you have some friends, which if you're a huge console warrior you might not, but if you want to make fun of them you probably do. You can go bite there.
Speaker 1: Excellent, all right, new poole question, are you going to try that skate beta? We'll get that posted up on YouTube dot com slash at jab bomb, get the community tab or posts. They're changing things over there. It's one of those you'll find it. Vote in the poll. We'll get the results of that. Talk about talk about on the show on Wednesday here on Giant Bomb. Speaking to giant Bomb today, we have Monday mornings. Honestly, it's definitely not gonna be morning because I have to do something Monday afternoon. Pissed with grub Mike said, hey, go go download this and get it working because I can't. So I got it working. Uh Jans out. So we can't do more Riven or anything like that yet. So instead me and Mike are gonna check out the missed parody game Pissed from the makers of micro Shaft wind Blows. You're gonna we're gonna check that out, and it's starring John Goodman, so I'm really looking forward to it. And then later Mike will have Mega Man Monday evening, Gaming's Gaming at Mike's at night. I'm never gonna not mess that that name up. That'll be happening at eight pm. Who knows what he's gonna be playing. We just let him run wild over there. It's gonna be a good one though, because Mitch owns mondays here on Giant Bomb. All right, I think that covers what we have going on. We've done the show, we've done the headlines, we've done the poll, I guess, so remind people about the Big twelve or the Bomb twelve if you did not listen to the show on Friday. Every Friday, now we are gonna gather up the twelve games that matter the most of people in this moment. We did that, we posted it. It went really well. I will put another call out for hey, what is your game right now today? Respond to that. I will use that to inform what the Bomb twelve is going to look like. I keep wanting to call it the Big twelve, which is a mind organization. It's pissed, Yeah, always has been though, right, it's never not been pissed for the last thirty years.
Speaker 2: Of course. Yeah, just walking around pissing on everything. There's a theme.
Speaker 1: I'm expecting pissed to be a real nightmare. Actually, I'm expecting the humor just be rancid. Yeah, I'm looking forward to it, all right, Jesse, thank you so much for hanging out with me today and talking about video gaps. I really appreciate it. Thank you all for a Thank you all for listening and watching. You're the best audience in gaming. Until next time, have a good one, take care of yourself, and goodbye.