Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan Ray. I'm tell you easy Boston Radio.
Speaker 2: This just then, this, just then, Trump's pulling out of New Hampshire. Sam Medler joining us. He is my friend, the freak from the left coast, the moderate from Hollywood, which makes him a reactionary in those hills. Sam Mettler, my friend. Thank you for joining us here on Night Side.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Gary.
Speaker 3: I am punchier than Rob Nikovich tonight.
Speaker 2: Well that is terrific because we're gonna have a great show. We just you know, Chris Pauer. I do not Chris Pauer is was on the wire. He was on True Blood, played the He's great.
Speaker 3: Oh ya ya yea, yeah, yeah, yeah, yah yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: So you know, I'd love to have character actors on. We just had him on for an hour. He was great. Folks, listen if you're just joining us now, listen to the podcast tomorrow on the iHeartRadio app. By the way, we've got the Trump Harris Big debate coming up on September tenth, right here on WBC. You can hear it. It'll be from Philadelphia. You can also listen to it on the iHeartRadio app. So, Sammy, what do you think must see TV in the tenth how's it gonna be, Buddy, I cannot wait for that. I think it's gonna be It's gonna be great.
Speaker 3: Gary, I have to watch my language on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Hey, Rob, stand by stand by with uh with the with the the bleep button.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be No, I'm just gonna say the letter S. It's gonna be an S show.
Speaker 2: Of course it is.
Speaker 3: It's it's oh boy. These these are not two polished old school debaters. No, you know that you might see coming you know, out of Oxford or one of our own Ivy League schools. This these are are two very unpolished politicians.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. That's why it's gonna be great. It's gonna be its hell. That's what I opened I gotta tell you. I opened up the show saying, on one side, I cannot wait because it's gonna be like watching reality TV, it's like watching the Kardashians. On the other side, the mature Gary goes, oh a screwed.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, it's it's I'm not confident with either of these two, you know, holding the nuclear codes.
Speaker 3: Actually I'm more confident with Kamala holding the nuclear codes because I know she would never use them even if we were under nuclear attacking. I know, I mean, I I do not. I don't trust either these two with domestic or foreign policy. I think that somewhere in between we would have an excellent foreign policy. You know, Trump is far too isolationist, right doesn't believe in NATO, which is just foolish. You need friends in the world, gear you do, and and and then and and she is a waiverer. She, you know, in this CNN interview, she tries to have it both ways with saying, uh, you know, Israel has a right to defend itself, but on the other hand, the Palestinians have a right to be safe. And it's like what so who and how? I mean Biden does the same thing. I mean, they're very angry and ISRAELI is a very angry at net Yahoo too, I mean, because of the six kids that were just killed.
Speaker 2: Of course. I mean, but let's I want to stick to Harris for a minute. And no, no, that's okay, I mean that's I cry. I mean, I just it may it brings tears to your eyes whenever you know something you hear about another body. You more bodies being found as a result of what's happened in the Middle East. You bawl your eyes out, But you know, with Harris, you're right. Why isn't it okay to say I changed my mind, for example, with the sanctuary cities. Just so back in with the question with Databash, I think she asked about the sanctuary cities how she was for them, and then she says, well, I still maintain my position, but I feel this way. Why can't people say they changed their mind? What is wrong with that?
Speaker 3: It's so easy to say that I've evolved, you know, that was that was X amount of years ago.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: And my policy, my policy now is this, And no one, no one ever wants to be wrong. No one ever wants to admit that they, you know, have a different opinion that they than they used to have. I mean, it's it's actually, you look stronger when you admit that, you know what, after facing X amount of years and and the following moments in history, I've I've changed my mind, or I've grown, or I've you know, I'm in a different place now.
Speaker 2: I mean, Sammy, it's so simple because if you say I was a member of Congress and I didn't have a lot of experience, but after being in the White House for three and a half years, I have witnessed things and therefore I come to a different conclusion. That's all you have to say. You don't even have to admit you are wrong. You just say, look, I have a different viewpoint based on my recent an experience. That's it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you don't have to you don't have to go that far. You can say my policy, my policy is this, right. I mean you can go back years and and and look at what I've said, right, but this is what I'm saying right now.
Speaker 2: Right, There's no doubt. There's no doubt. And here's my Trump's greatest strength is her weakness, and her strength is his weakness, because if you look at the fact checking him. You know, with the CNN interview, there was a couple of things like maybe she was borderline on this or that, but she was pretty much in the ballpark on everything. But it was uh, it was lack of eye contact, it was wavering. And then you have Trump that comes out and says, yes, the Earth is flat and made of cheese, you know. I mean it's it's like if she could say things as emphatically as he does, she'd be in much better shape.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you've you've heard this, but a president should make a declarative statement. Yes, I do. I agree, And she is an armor and and I have have tried, because I'm an omor from way back. It's okay to pause in the middle of a sentence, but when you it looks like you're grasping for anything.
Speaker 2: Mm hm.
Speaker 3: And she, by the way, she kind of is grasping for anything because she is not very good extemporaneously. Donald Donald, excuse me, the former president, because I don't know. I'm in a thing I shouldn't. I shouldn't come him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you hang out with aviator.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's right.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, you know Bill shadd what else is in.
Speaker 3: And oh yeah, I Donald and I were at the same hair transplant doctor in the waiting room. Yes, he was reading Highlights magazine and I was engaged in people there you go, yeah, you know, he says things, and he says them in a very forceful, declarative way, and people who don't care to really go into the details go, you know what, God bless him. And then there's you have to look at what's actually coming out of the mouth, and a lot of it's awful, some of it is true when and when it's broad right, because he's not a policy guy. Right. He doesn't speak in specifics, neither of them do. You're not going to hear many specifics in this debate, Gary, You're gonna hear generalities. Question well, and I think they're going to talk more about the other than they will talk about themselves.
Speaker 2: Ought to be mud slinging, there's no question. And I think she'll be very good at it.
Speaker 3: Do you think she'll be very good?
Speaker 2: I do because and you know something, And I'm gonna tell you why, Sam. Okay, I'm going to tell you. We're gonna take a break, and I am going to tell you why I think she'll be good at slinging the mud and why the Democrats want all the mics to be on all the time. That's next on WBZ.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray Live from the Window World night Side Studios on WBZ News.
Speaker 2: Radio, Gary Tagway for Dan rag toon I. Sam Methler is our guest political analyst, Hollywood producer.
Speaker 3: Moderate and my I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for your reply.
Speaker 2: You know what sucks. When you get older, you give a tas three minutes ago and then you try to remember what it was. No, here's my thing is when I've seen Kamala speak when and she did it at the convention, and I understand she has a teleprompter and so forth, when she gets pissed and she doesn't think she's fine, and that's what she did as an attorney, That's what she did as a DA You get up and you go right now. So she gets on a roll against Trump. She's not gonna try to be nice like Hillary did. Hillary's problem is she was smiling and she was trying to be nice and it just didn't work. If Kamala gets pissed during this debate, it's gonna work for her. And I think that's that when she tries to think and try to be too articulate and get everything correct, it screws her up. She's just gotta go and if you get something wrong, you get something wrong. That's that's the Tagla take on that.
Speaker 3: I disagree entirely because, Okay, because I have watched I have watched the Madame Vice President speak in interviews, her extemporaneous where she doesn't have the questions ahead of time.
Speaker 2: And in the gase passionate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, she's she's got trouble with ex temporaneous speaking. And it's not I mean, she's an eloquent woman, right, I mean she can speak well. She gets tongue tied, she gets anxious. She looks for not the right words, but the right policy, or to say something and say nothing at the same time.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 3: Trump doesn't care if it's a lie. Right, he doesn't care what he says, right, he just says it. She cares about what she says. She's a careful person even and she'll have a couple of cand lines that she'll you know, repeat over and over again. Kalm a jerk, Colom a jerk. You know, she'll she'll be up there, you know, the podium, repeating back all the things that she has to that she has to say about them. But you know, if she doesn't know the questions ahead of time, she has a big problem. You know, they both have big problems, right, because she doesn't have a record to run on, right, she has Biden's record. She has Biden's record to run on. And people are not happy with Biden. They're not happy with inflation, they're not happy with foreign policy. Whether by the way, both people who are pro Israel both and people who are pro Palestinian are unhappy with Biden both. Biden has one of the lowest approval ratings of any president, although now his approved rating is decent because he dropped out.
Speaker 2: But she Sam, let me ask you. I want to hold you there. But on the Israel thing, how do you win in that situation?
Speaker 3: Oh? My god, you don't.
Speaker 2: That's it. I mean, that's when you say when you don't the Palestinians the israel Is, I mean, how do you win? You know, because you side and you want to have peace.
Speaker 3: Gary, I don't know what they could do with with playing to both sides without looking to play both sides. They're doing a lousy job of it. Whereas and they have to keep and this is you know, this is how you play it, Gary, You play it truthfully right the palace. There are many Palestinians who are victims, and they're victims of Hamas, right, And Hamas is a terror organization, right, And so you can you can absolutely uh say, uh net, Yahoo is not doing enough to get the agreement done. But you have to talk about Hamas and how disgusting they are, right, I mean they just killed You know, Israel doesn't try to kill civilians. Civilians are killed in combat, right and quite the contrary, Hamas goes for civilians. And that's I think that's the only way you can play it, you know, blame it all on net Yahoo, blame more on Hamas.
Speaker 2: And butt Yahoo and they point to the elections. Is not going to change his mind.
Speaker 3: No, I mean you just have to move on. I mean you also have to say, it's very difficult for an outside country to tell another country what to do, how to conduct a war. It's also difficult to say no to an ally that's important to us, as any of the NATO allies. And so I just don't. I think we can't. We can't legislate what happens in someone else's country. I mean, we can just keep ongoing by providing support for any kind of peace.
Speaker 2: But do you see do you think then, to continue on your thought about how some of Biden's problems she inherited, or the reputation of Biden she inherited, can she differentiate herself enough.
Speaker 3: When no, when she says that she was the last person in the room, right, for decisions being made. It's awful hard to run from that record, right, And I think that she has to has to have to do something to say I'm not him. And when I say him, I'm not talking about Trump.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about that.
Speaker 3: There's no question, right because you can, like, I mean all everything that I guarantee you, most of what she's going to say is she's not him, and most of what he's going to say is I'm not her.
Speaker 2: Well, that's what politics has become. Though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's terrible people.
Speaker 2: It's not why you should vote for me, it's why you should not vote for them.
Speaker 3: Well, I would say that was the case in the last election, no doubt. But Trump had a message in.
Speaker 2: Sixteen, make America great again.
Speaker 3: He sees me in twenty and no, no in sixteen, right, right, and uh and and the border and et cetera, right and and uh uh uh the economy right, So he's he's got to say because the numbers were better in the economy, so he can absolutely say I'm going to go back to We're gonna We're going to go back to the economy we had before Biden was in office, and she before Kama was in office. Correct, Right, that's what he has to do. But he can't just do that. He has to you know, call her names because he's a child.
Speaker 2: But right, well, you're right. I mean he if he had followed the playbook, he will have had back to back turns.
Speaker 3: Uh. Yeah, all you have to do is shut up.
Speaker 2: And follow the playbook. Just listen to presidential. Yeah, just be Sam, thank you, be presidential. You've never said anything more intelligent, my friend. But be presidential. It's so true. Just be presidential.
Speaker 3: And he started off, he started off in his inaugural speech being unpresidential. Right, everyone thought, oh, he's elected, he's going to become presidential.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, No. And then you have Arlington, the whole Arlington Cemetery, and the list goes on and on and on and on.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean Arlington, Arlington, I'm I am, I am some Well, because I'm I'm very moderate, I have mixed feelings about Arlington. Uh you know what those family I understand. Now you know what you know what they think is Biden, right and Harris. The families, they can't stand them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the families mean for people. Just to be clear, The most recent issue is Trump was at a grave site. Of a fallen soldier. The family requested he be there and take pictures, which he was. He was helping out the family. He was appeasing the family.
Speaker 3: So well, I will say it's a politically it was a political move, but he had permission from the family.
Speaker 2: It's what he is the point. So you're saying there's a gray area there. I agree. I didn't think that was egregious as calling a dead soldier a loser. Yeah, Okay, that's that's the one where I'm like, okay, I mean.
Speaker 3: That's just terrible, awful, disgusting, terrible. Yeah. But you know, Biden looked at his watch the entire time that these people had when the bodies were brought back and he met with the gold Star families I'm a tarmac and looked at his watch multiple times and then lied about it. I mean, that's pretty horrendous.
Speaker 2: That's bad too, absolutely all right, Sam, So, I mean no, I was going to say, but does any of this mean that Kamala may not be a good president or that Trump may not be a good president? And that's what we're going to discuss coming up next to WBZ. Sam Medler is our guest.
Speaker 1: It's night side with Dan Ray on wb Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Welcome back Gary Taguin for day tonight. Sam Medler joining us here, the moderate from the West Coast, political analyst, Hollywood producer, friend of Gary. That's all you need to be tuckics of politics right here. And the reason we have Sam hon is because I think he is one of the most objective people when it comes to talking politics and looking at both situations. So Sam, as I mentioned before the break, yep, just because Harris has had the track record that she has, does that mean she'll be a bad president.
Speaker 3: No, it doesn't, but you will be.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, why.
Speaker 3: Don't bring this up?
Speaker 2: Let me, let me, let me just I'll give you, give you time to chew on it. Because last night we we had a presidential historian on and we talked about presidents who everybody thought basically were going to suck.
Speaker 3: And they didn't, right, like Hoover. I'm not Hoover Truman. Did he talk about Truman?
Speaker 2: Talked about Truman, Yes, of course, yeah, Truman, Yeah, yeah, no, And then he went on to mention a lot of presidents from the eighteen hundreds that I had never even heard of. But that's another story. But but this was Lincoln.
Speaker 3: Lincoln was another one. People thought he was a stiff.
Speaker 2: Well, but here's here's the thing. When it comes to this, you need to have a moment. You know, Eisenhower had a moment during the war. He didn't really have a moment when he was there as president. You know, things were going great. So Lincoln had a mom.
Speaker 3: What Gary, you were You were absolutely correct. Legacies are built on adversity, right, And frankly, I don't want to have I'd rather have a boring president and not have trouble that the president has to pull us out of, you know, after you know, look at nine to eleven, right, I mean, if Bush hadn't gone into Iraq, and I mean w not not to God rest his soul, Herbert Walker Bush, but if Bush hadn't gone into Iraq, he would have finished off as a president with a legacy of I'll say a certain amount of heroism, right, because immediately after that tragedy he was spectacular, by the way, as was Rudy Giuliani. If Rudy Giuliani had had, you know, walked into the sunset after nine to eleven, he would be remembered as the greatest mayor of all time.
Speaker 2: I think about that often every time something comes up about Giuliani and Chargers and not having money and this and that, I go, what happened to this guy? He was the hero? Yeah, now he's crazy?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, oh yeah. And you know, listen, there were hints of it, There were hints of it prior.
Speaker 2: But he had in the moment like that, you know, and w had the moment.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, But you take.
Speaker 2: A look at presidents and are they are if they listened to their advisors, if they do their job, handled the role. Could she be successful?
Speaker 3: Could she?
Speaker 4: Sure? Do?
Speaker 3: I think that she's got it? No? And I only base that on how she's been as vice president?
Speaker 2: Sam with vice president? Yeah, did you know that?
Speaker 3: George?
Speaker 2: How about George Bush, the Herbert Walker? Did you did his vice presidency tell you he was going to be as a president?
Speaker 3: His demeanor did?
Speaker 2: Okay, I got you?
Speaker 3: But but but but but she no, he was just you know, Bush is a true moderate and and and a lovely human being, but not like the strong strong and and and when he said no new taxes that really sunk him. But but uh kama, madam, Vice President. I keep calling them by their first names, and that terrible. At least I do it to both, So I'm not sexist, but she uh has had the most turnover, I believe of any vice president and record staff turnover.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's interesting, and that it just says a lot as an executive or as the chief executive of her office, to lose.
Speaker 3: That many people, and most of it, if not all, of it was due to her not doing the very basic stuff in terms of reading, her prep right, being prepared for interviews, not taking responsibility. And so yeah, I mean, so do I look at that, and that gets me concerned. You know, you look, you look at a guy like Bill Clinton, right aside from his dalliances, he was a chief executive before, right, he was a governor. Most governors make good Most governors make better presidents because they've already been and mayors.
Speaker 2: R they've run an organization, agreed, the.
Speaker 3: Chief executive she is not. And you sort of can tell in the way she's.
Speaker 2: You know, that's a very good point, Sam, I mean it's not. You sort of can tell, as you put it that way, You can tell, right, yeah, right, she's been. She she's been a co star, not a star. Yeah, she's a coast star, not a star. You know. And then you know, even when you look at like the governor from Philadelphia, from Pennsylvania, when he speaks, that guy's a star and he's a governor. Yeah, you know, and he's just so okay about Trump. Is there anything that would lead you to believe that if Trump selected, things would be better this time around? And COVID decide he had no control over that. He said some stupid things, but take the pandemic out of the equation because he didn't have any control over that.
Speaker 3: Oh he wants shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me, fool me one hundred times. I need to be put in an institution. No, there's nothing that you can say to make me think that he's going to be presidential.
Speaker 2: Ever, how about good enough? How about that? How about better than Kamala? How about better than Vice President Harris?
Speaker 3: I think as a chief executive he could be better, but as a human being, he's not better. And the media hates him, and so there is this there is this anger, and there is this divisiveness, and both share blame. He shares more because as the president he needed to be a bigger person and that divide is not going to come from him nor from the media. This is what I think is Kamala's most most important role and most important job I should say in this debate is to convince people that she is everyone's president, that she is moderate enough that the most important things you care about, she's got you. And that is tough because of what's going on in the economy, especially right and people listen, the groceries are expensive, gas is expensive. But she's got to find a way. And I don't exactly know what that is, right, And it's not I'm going to end price gadging because that's not the real I mean, it's it's like communism, and it's not the reason why everything is up.
Speaker 2: When she said that, I squirmed. What about if interest rates come down? Part of the election?
Speaker 3: Oh, that's I mean, that is interest rates huge deal. People can't buy houses. I mean, the thing is and I know Nicholas Christoph had an excellent opinion article on the thirty first in The Times New York Times, right, which was Saturday, and he quoted Bill Clinton and Bill Clinton learned something that his wife Hillary never learned, right, and it was that you can demean Trump, but don't demean his voters, right right. You know he said this in the in the DNC convention Clinton, you know, and God bless him. He's the last president to reach across party lines. He said, I urge you not to demean them, meaning people that Trump supporters, not to pretend you don't disagree with them if you do, but treat them with respect. And Kamala can't sound two oh my friends. Yes, my friends used to call it fiddy what fiditti, which is high falutin in other in other vernacular. Yes, yes, she can't sound. She can't sound like an elitist. And she has to understand why people vote for him and tell them I get why you vote for him, right because you think that he is going to do X, Y and Z, right, but he's not. And I am, and this is how I'm going to do it.
Speaker 2: She's really trying to go for the middle class. Obviously, a tax break for new parents four million, four hundred thousand for a child. Do you think that's going to translate?
Speaker 3: She keeps saying tax breaks, which is something that Democrats don't like to talk about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you're saying that she should continue that. I mean, that's what she talked about, absolutely, right.
Speaker 3: I mean, the only way the government can really help people is by letting them keep their own money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, uh.
Speaker 3: And and and and then maybe that they have more money to pay for the groceries that are too high, and maybe things will come to competition, breeds, lower prices, price controls, don't. I mean, listen, Trump is not conservative at all, right, tariffs. No conservative believes in tariffs.
Speaker 2: Right right, right, right, right right right.
Speaker 3: And Trump's and no conservative has ever been as isolationist as Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: True. Do you think Trump's wavering on abortion and sending it to the state wavering? We're not wavering, but no, But I I mean because some people want like a ban across the board, and he says, no, leave it to the states.
Speaker 3: If you don't think Trump has paid for an abortion or two in your time, I mean, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Right, I'll get letters, send them to me.
Speaker 2: Will forward into your buddy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he he does not. He is not a pro life guy. He's not a conservative.
Speaker 2: He's not He's no, he's not a conservative. You're right, I mean, you're right. I mean he is business wise. He wants tax breaks for the rich.
Speaker 3: But you know, right, right, But he's not a social conservative.
Speaker 2: Oh god no.
Speaker 3: And and and he will do whatever he can to stay off of the abortion stuff because it is his Supreme Court that overturned Roe v.
Speaker 2: Wade.
Speaker 3: And it's it's he's just kind of keep saying, it's the States, it's the States, it's the states. I'm not for a national band. It's for the states to say. And the Republicans have gotten too far because true conservatives really don't believe in getting in people's personal lives. Right, But there's there's a lot of religion in republics.
Speaker 2: They have to handle the religious right, and that's that's where they have to appease that. And and there's no doubt about that. Sam, I'm gonna wrap things up. I want to talk about the rules coming up for the debate. And also we have a touched on the border, and I have an opinion on that. Sam Metler, the moderate from Hollywood, continues after this in WBZ.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan ray Mine from the Window World night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: Political analysts Sam Medler joining us, also Hollywood producer in Front of Gary back here on night Side. We're going to take calls coming up at eleven o'clock after the eleven o'clock news. I want to know what you think of the debate rules and how it should be run, and Sam and I are going to talk about that and also get to the border here too. But from what I understand and what I've read in regard to the ABC debate that's coming up on the tenth, Sam, the Harris camp wants unmuted mics, you know, open season. The Trump camp wants the muted mics and wants a little more decorum because they want to protect their guy from himself. You need a studio audience, I mean the CNN. You need a studio audience. Come on. And I'm okay that they don't have to you know, they don't have to talk to people in breaks that they have to. You know, they have to be big, you know, they have to be grown ups and do this thing on their own. But I want a studio audience, and I want unmuted mics. What do you think.
Speaker 3: I want unmuted mikes? Absolutely right now she has uh said they will keep their mics muted, but uh, you know that could change, but I don't think it will because I think that the you know, ABC wants to control things and not have them get into shining fights and and you know, have the debate taken up with with you know, childish crap.
Speaker 2: Well, we can't trust them, I guess is what we're saying. We can't. Well, we can't trust him, we can't trust him, you can't trust him.
Speaker 3: But you know, I think she would still do this, you know, I think.
Speaker 2: Would Jabs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she would try to bait him totally if if she if she, I mean, the smart thing is to try to bait him by the way, uh and and and yeah, and and just let him look silly grasping. I don't know if she has that in her. Yeah, I don't know if she does.
Speaker 2: Dude, I think she can. I think she. I think she can. I think she can play Gabber a little bit.
Speaker 3: Telca Gabbert tore her apart, I know, and uh, Donald Trump is note Telca Gabbert.
Speaker 2: She could learn from that, though I don't know. I think she has to. Quite frankly, I think her supporters expect her to do it and to get somebody. And I don't even know Sam I mean, does let me ask you this, does the debate matter as far as the undecided? Are there any undecided?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 3: Yes, this is a tough This is a tough election, especially if you are a person who is saying, I don't like either of these guys, but I can't afford done right right and and they're just a lot of people like that right now. And I think that that's not what the polls are showing. He's more trusted on the economy as much of the baggage. And I can listen, I can't. I can't take his baggage. It's awful. I'm not voting for him. I'm not voting for her either, by the way, But I mean he comes with a lot of emotional baggage, which she doesn't. But she has to convince people that she's going to bring this, you know, economy to where they even if she doesn't have the kind.
Speaker 2: Of power to do right. But I mean, if they lower interest rates, doesn't that help the economy?
Speaker 3: Hell yeah right, it's lower them.
Speaker 2: I mean, it doesn't really matter who the president is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. I I I think that they have ABC has good debate moderators as well. I mean, I think I think you can I think you can trust well, I'll say David Yure especially, he is very very close to the VEST. He's not a guy that editorializes the news very much. I think Lindsey Davis, I think.
Speaker 2: A little bit. But what do you guys to the left?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, yeah, I mean she I remember when she tried to tie Trump to the KKK. And it's just you know, listen, there's plenty to say about him in you know, his ill tempered racial talk. It doesn't matter what he's talking about, by the way, it could be wish people, could be black people, it could be Latino people.
Speaker 5: I mean, he he does discrimination exactly, but you know, he's not connected to the KKK.
Speaker 3: And uh, it's uh. I think she's a little a little left. But guess you know, guess what the ABC has George Stephanopolis, who should never be a debate moderator, right, I mean, he was Clinton's chief of staff. Do not all all of these people that are on the news now they're from political.
Speaker 2: They're all that's It's like the ex athlete. The ex athlete goes into the booth, the x politician goes behind the desk.
Speaker 3: Yes, the the ex athlete. You can tell, you know if if Poppy you know, is covering the series and the Socks are in it, you know he was rooting for the socks.
Speaker 2: The ramifications are not as bad, Sam, exactly. We gotta go, buddy. It's always great to talk to you. Thank you for the insight, thank you for the objectivity. Best of the fam, uh and with you and we will talk to you soon, my friend.
Speaker 3: Good night Boston.
Speaker 2: He is Sam Mettler. He is the moderate from Hollywood, the only one out there, and we love him here at WBZ. Your call is coming up next. How should the debate be run? What do you want to see? I'll let you know what the rules currently are, let me know what you think of them and should they be changed at six one seven, two thirty on wbz's Night Side