Speaker 1: It's nice Eyes.
Speaker 2: Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 3: Now. One of the disadvantages of doing a talk program from eight to midnight is that it's difficult to watch what's going on on television during my program that I'm doing from a to midnight. And tonight the first interview in thirty five days. We are well one third of the way to November fifth, from the time that Joe Biden dropped out as the Democratic nominee. So tonight, finally there was a so called interview on CNN. Now, I have not watched the entire interview, so I need to rely upon my listeners a little bit. I will tell you that during the news breaks, I was able to been about a little bit of the interview. I'm also reading and have been able to read some of the reports of what happened during the interview. I'm looking at the Washington Post, I'm also looking at USA today, and I'm relying upon all of you. If you watch the interview, love to hear from you. Was it a tough interview? What I saw, it wasn't very tough. Okay, it was like little softball questions from Dana Bash. But that's we'll see. If I missed them tough, tough questions, Let's bring it on. But my question was what question. I mean, in the unlikely event that Vice President Harris and governor the governor of Minnesota would be willing to sit down and give you the opportunity to ask them questions, I mean not so much. Governor Walts. I mean, he's the vice presidential candidate. He gets sort of a free ride. But the courage vice president Vice President Harris has always been the last person in the room with Joe Biden, and it seems as if she's changed some of her positions, kind of some of her important positions. So if you watch the interview, was it tough? Was it hard hitting? If you want to give me your reporter, I appreciate it. The interview, the question and answer portion of the CNN interview, which I think was on for an hour. According to national political reporter of the Washington Post, May Reston, I wonder if she's a descendant of Scottie Reston of the New York Times. The question and answer portion of the Harris Walls see in an interview clocked in at just over twenty seven minutes, not including any of the introductory remarks from Dana Bash during the interview. I guess President Trump posted on truth sanchal as you would expect boring. And then one of the tough questions that were asked by Dana Bash may rest in reports is though Harris said she's the best person to do this job at this moment for all Americans, regardless of race and gender. She did say she had an emotional response to a photograph of one of her grand nieces watching her speech from the convention for the photograph was shot me from behind, highlighting the youth, race, and gender of her grand niece as she watched Harris, potentially making history as she delivered the speech accepting the Democratic nomination. Harris is quoted as saying, I did see that photograph and I was deeply touched by it. It's the back of her head, her two little braids, and then I'm in the forefront, in the front of the photograph, obviously speaking, and it's very humbling. It's very humbling in many ways. A tough question from Dana Bash. According to Joey Garrison, who is a reporter for USA Today, he doesn't say what he is, whether he's but he's a reporter for USA Today. Said, Vice President Kamala Harris defended her evolving positions. By the way, these are no longer referred to as flip flops as they were for Mitt Romney back in twenty twelve. The headline says, Kamala Harris. Kamala Harris addresses flip flopping takes on Trump in seeing an interview with Walls. Well, the CN interview really wasn't with Walls. The CNN interview was with Dana Bash of CNN. But that's okay. So Vice President Kamala Harris defended her evolving positions. That's a word. See, semantics are very important in America these days. It is not a flip flop. If it is if it is done by a democratic nominee, it is an evolving position. An evolving position is something that people have thought long and hard about and they have decided to basically polish up the position. It's evolving. It's something that is evolving. You evolve into something greater, you never evolve into something less. But it defended her evolving positions, not her flip flops on Board of Security and Climate Policy on Thursday, while promising to appoint a Republican to her cabinet. I did not realize Liz Cheney might be available for the Democratic candidate, but either she or Adam Kinsinger, I'm sure would be more than happy to step up and accept that, promising to a point a Republican to her cabinet. During her first sit down interview since becoming the Democratics, the Democrats twenty twenty four presidential candidate, I referred to that as the immaculate nomination. It's miraculous when you think about it. Never campaigned for the position, never secured a single vote, never had a campaign head quarters anywhere. I don't think there was ever a Harris for President bumper strip printed before, which then wouldn't have been. But it worked out that Joe Biden basically threw up on his shoes when he had his debate with Donald trumpet late June, and the Democrats concluded at this point, oh, this dog won't hunt, this horse won't ride, And then there was a pressure for the president, the current president, Joe Biden stepped down, and of course the beneficiary of that would be the vice president, Vice President Harris. The interview was seeing an anchored this is now coding and Joey Garrison of USA today, I would see in an anchored Dana Bush was recorded in the afternoon, So this was not a live interview. Okay, that's what I just learned there. Because it's not a live interview edits can be done. And I don't think that the Democratic Party is concerned that CNN would edit anything out of context. But if there was a flub, it gave them the opportunity to edit it. So it was not a live interview. Was recorded in the afternoon during a campaign stop in Savannah, Georgia, amid sustained criticism. It's not just criticism, but it's sustained criticism from Republican rival Donald Trump's campaign over Harris waiting nearly five weeks to take formal interview questions from a reporter. I'm sure they were tough questions. That longwait made for higher stakes than a typical candidate's conversation with a prominent journalist, particularly with election day now sixty seven days away. Oh, this is a countdown. Harris, who was surged in the polls entering the twenty twenty four White House race, still has not held the press conference since she took the torch as the Democratic nominee after President Joe Biden dropped out of the race on July twenty first. Yep, Joe Biden just decided I'm done. I've had it. He dropped out. He was not pushed out. There was no coupe here. This was just sort of a natural evolution, like Kamala Harris's evolving positions. Democratic vice presidential nominee Tim Waltz joined Harris for the interview, a move that it attracted more scrutiny from Republicans. Although a joint interview with a running made follows precedent, Republicans critics argued that her first interview as a candidate should have been solo. Those darn Republicans, darn, darn, darned Republicans. Okay, if you watch the interview, if you have anything to comment about the interview, love to hear from you. Six seven thirty So what I watched It seemed to be a softball question. Now again, I can only watch during the break, so I may have seen it out of context. I give you that possibility. We'll get to some of the issues that she dealt with, and we will take a break. Six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty six nine three one ten thirty. This presidential campaign is going by day after day. Pretty soon it's going to be time to vote. Well it, we'll be time to early vote even sooner than that. So at this point, obviously the afterglow of the Democratic National Convention continues. Certainly in the CNN interview tonight, I don't think there was a tough question asked if you want to contradict me on that, and you saw a tough question. Loved the chat about it back on Night'side after this.
Speaker 2: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go to the phone calls. Let's see what Dot in Medford says. She's a pretty good observer of politics, DoD Did you get a chance to watch the interview?
Speaker 4: I did, Dan, I had it on kind of mute until they did the talking and then I put it up. But evolution is a wonderful thing, Yes, wonderful. She isn't involved on every single point, I mean, fracking even you know everything. She's all for everything that she was always against. And it was a very frivolous interview. Dana Bash was just kind of skirting the issues. And if she asked a question, especially of him. Uh, he just ignored the question and went on to Tutor's horn. And that's all. It was about tooting their hands. It was really boring.
Speaker 3: So was there a tough question that at any point that.
Speaker 4: I didn't see any tough question. No. No, she was just kissing up to them with her smile. You know, I mean, so obvious they're in the pocket.
Speaker 3: I mean, well, I think I think that there was one question which was asked, and there was a very long answer that I watched, was how did President Biden tell you that he was Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know. It was on a Sunday and her family was the I.
Speaker 3: Think they were having Were they having big breakfast?
Speaker 5: They were they and they.
Speaker 3: Were doing I think they were doing puzzles, if I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 4: Oh they did, they did, and then the kids wanted more bacon, so she she got the piano and she cooked more bacon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what a what of?
Speaker 4: I mean, really, you.
Speaker 3: Don't believe that that really happened. Such a cynic. God, I can't believe it.
Speaker 4: I know it. It's just a joke.
Speaker 3: So did they say what sort of puzzles were they doing? What were they doing?
Speaker 4: Just mentioned no no.
Speaker 3: I wish that she that Dana had pressed her on the details, because on a Sunday it could have been a crossword puzzle, or maybe they were doing a puzzle of the map of the United States and with the children finding all the different states and where they're located.
Speaker 4: That's I mean, all these grand nieces, they're all coming out of the woodwork, these cute little kids, and they just serve in ar of their irante. Oh my god. Oh it's just it's just sickening, sicking. Well, but anyway, that's my impression, dear well.
Speaker 3: As always, you don't hold back, and that's what I like you. You're a good critic. I thought i'd be honest with it when I was listening, and what happened is during the break, I can flip the TV on, bring the audio up, and I thought to myself, we're talking about pancakes on Sunday morning, and I think of the context, and we thought about that was the morning that President Biden called to tell her that he was going not to run, and her first question was, but are you sure?
Speaker 2: Are you sure?
Speaker 4: And did he also mention I got the boot? Nancy Pelosi et cetera they're all on my back.
Speaker 3: No, it was his decision. It was his decision. There was no effort to force it, Lovely, it was a spontaneous decision that he woke up. He had said that under no circumstances would he leave unless unless God told him, Almighty God, don't just what No.
Speaker 4: Of any God. There was no mention of any God. All they talked about was evolution and pancakes. Yeah, yeah, and pet cakes and bacon.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Did she say in the interview did Dana did Dana presser at all on were they blueberry pancakes? Or were they?
Speaker 4: I think even Dana was a little amused.
Speaker 2: By the whole thing.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying is that that would have been that probably would have been the toughest question. You know, she could have phrased it this way, Madame Vice President. I know that you had a busy few weeks, but do I know the American people are concerned and are wondering what sort of pancakes did you serve that day? Were they chocolate chips or were they blueberry pancakes?
Speaker 4: I think everybody, I think everybody wants to.
Speaker 3: Know, yes, exactly. Thought it's a pressing question that that Dana started to drill down on and yet she didn't have the follow up question.
Speaker 4: You know, it was about the most serious thing that was discussed.
Speaker 3: Pancakes.
Speaker 4: Okay, banks, breakfast, Yeah, okay, Dan.
Speaker 3: All right, good nuys Okay, pancakes. Well, that's good to know that on a Saturday, on a Sunday morning, pancakes. I wonder if she'd gone to church that morning. I hope that Dana asked that question, or if they at least had prayed Ken in Florida. Ken. It sounds to me like Dana really put her feet to the fire tonight.
Speaker 6: Oh Dan, you know what, it's past my bedtime. I didn't think i'd call you toime. I you tell me stop watching Fox News and watch now CNN. The other perspective, I'm going to tell you a DVR itt and uh, I wasn't getting ready for bed. I feel nauseous, and it was Can I make a suggestion? It was pathetic.
Speaker 3: Can I make a suggestion, if you feel nauseous, put some pancakes. Make some pancakes.
Speaker 6: Oh yes, Yes, the big question at night was pancakes. You know, Dan, I'm gonna make a confession. I love blueberry pancakes and I will put extra butter until my new diet starts on Monday Sunday. And it was you tell me, Ken, you know, don't just watch you know Fox News. I had trouble finding CNN, but I did DVR it.
Speaker 3: Well, remember you're in Florida, so I can understand that. No. The reason I think it's important for everyone to watch both Fox and the CNN, and to watch CNN is to see how the stories are treated differently. Now, Dana Bash apparently tonight subjected the Vice president to a withering interview.
Speaker 6: Oh it was it was what's the term? It was intensive? You know, uh, you know, you know what struck me. She actually was apologetic when she was asking the questions. She she shrunk and said, I'm sorry to ask this question, but you know what.
Speaker 3: Well, that's she didn't have the courage to say, Madame Vice President, I apologize in asking you, but can you share with us the American people whether or not on those pancakes they were blueberries or chocolate chips.
Speaker 6: Yeah, nailed it. I mean we're making we're making jokes of it, but Dan, on serious issues. It was exactly that tone. And you'll watch it. You know tonight after midnight, it was pathetic.
Speaker 3: Will it help me go to sleep? Can? That's my question? No?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 6: No? Uh me?
Speaker 3: When I finished generally, when I finished my program, I'm a little psyched up, you know, because the the program is over and the adrenaline is still flowing, and I just sometimes need something to kind.
Speaker 6: Of do you like to be amused before you go to sleep?
Speaker 3: Mildly?
Speaker 6: Mildly, I'll admit I was. I was tipping a little bit of Jamison before my four month hiatus from that.
Speaker 3: Well, that's that's for medicinal purposes. I understand that you need not have to.
Speaker 6: It was awful, you know, you know, it's even worse. They did the CNN panel after all.
Speaker 3: Oh, I saw the panel. They looked very pleased with how it went.
Speaker 6: Oh, they were all thrilled. They were thrilled. She can because Kamala can do no wrong. You know, she cannot answer the real hard questions and I can now wait and again, we've gone over this. I won't talk much longer. We've gone over this many many times. Donald Trump is a jerk. I don't like the man. I like his policies and his leadership. She cannot lead our country. It's very, very obvious to see that. Listen to her talk. She had to have her vice president to what did somebody call it her vice friend? Support person or support or.
Speaker 3: Comfort a comfort blanket? Right?
Speaker 6: Comfort person? Can she cannot lead our country? And I think I'm gonna say I'll close with this because I want to go to that and you're done talking to me. I think that Trump, like you did in twenty sixteen with Hillary his polls. People don't eat polls under whatever.
Speaker 3: They're undervalue, underestimate.
Speaker 6: So Dan, I just it was horrible and gee, she did it. She did it, She.
Speaker 3: Did her She subjected herself to scrutiny.
Speaker 6: To you know, and tough. You know, Dan, we all struggle with those tough breakfast questions. I I love eggs over reads, do with you know, cornbef hash, you know. But if you want to question me to our home fries or we toast, you know, then we get into a totally different, you know, topic when.
Speaker 3: You're talking about when you're talking with the vice president of the United States, important issues facing the world. Obviously, I don't know if there was any question about Ukraine or the Middle East foreign.
Speaker 6: There's no foreign policy questions.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, that's that's that's good. That way she would not make a mistake. That's that's I think important. However, for Dana Bash not to drill down to find out what type of pancakes, I can't believe that on a Sunday morning with her with her nieces and nephews there and other of her and I.
Speaker 6: Think that's going to be the top headline and CNN tomorrow it's going to be the pancake what do we call it? Pancake Gate? You know your right? He's a good Dorchester guy and from my alma mana universe Fort Island.
Speaker 3: Right, I didn't really did you grew up in Dorchester? Yes, she did, as far as natives of Dorchester would say, Dochester.
Speaker 6: Good Dorchester University or Island. I graduated maybe year ahead of me. What's his name, Doug M. Hall? Well, no, no, I'm drawing a blank, the gray hair. He's great politically, does all the maps. But he's a h John King, John King, John King. You're the guy I didn't realize. So he's got like me?
Speaker 3: All right? Okay, yeah, well he could again that could be the subject of the next interview, and they could they could, They could do that for an hour just to talk about you know, what are you gonna have with pancakes? Now, I will remind you Ken, you are allowed to call a second time tomorrow night, because tomorrow night we will do our final, not our final, but our presidential poll. We always do it at eleven o'clock.
Speaker 6: On the last, so I had to call after eleven.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I appreciate that I may this time.
Speaker 3: No, I understand that we'll just you know, take it easy in the jamison and then you'll still be with us.
Speaker 6: Well, I have two more nights of James and the four weeks off, So Dan, I appreciate you give me extra time. I probably not many callers, so no, no, no.
Speaker 3: You're analysis analysis was spot on and again you're I. I view you as an undecided voter, and I wanted to see if you were.
Speaker 6: Swaying by wait wait it again.
Speaker 3: This performance tonight?
Speaker 6: Oh oh, you watch it and you tell me if I'm wrong.
Speaker 3: It was all right?
Speaker 6: I want to I want to delete my CNN app on my phone or it was awful.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna let's see let's see what others said. Let's Let's see what others say, I gotta go do it. Talk soon maybe tomorrow night after eleven, talk to you later, Paul.
Speaker 6: Is it the breakfast poll.
Speaker 3: No, it's it's the it's the eleven o'clock Night Side twentieth Hour Presidential Paul. We do it on the last Friday night, but done it in March, April, May, June, July, and tomorrow we do in the.
Speaker 6: Last part breakfast pull what the vice president would select. Okay, well we could turn out eleven night. Now you got before I call?
Speaker 3: Okay, thanks, man, talk to you all right, Love you too. Man, all right, were gonna take quick break. I got a bunch of open lines here, which is crazy. Okay. Some of you must have watched CNN the the SmackDown that Dane and Bash put on Vice President Harris asking her about what she had for breakfast on the morning that she found out that she would be the nominee of This was an important moment in the Immaculate Confirmation proceedings. Six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine, three, one ten thirty. Let's light it up. I want to hear from you. And if you watched it and you think that the vice president did a great job. I'd love to hear from you. I did not watch it in this entirety, but the portions that I watched during our breaks, it didn't seem like the hardest, the toughest interview that a candidate. Would seem very reverential. Almost. If you could look up the word obsequious in the dictionary, that might apply as well. Maybe you have a different adjective you'd like to apply. We'll be back on Night Side right after.
Speaker 2: This with Dan Ray on WBZ, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 3: Well, we go to Laurie in Idaho. See if Laurie has a play by play report of the hard hitting Dana Bash interview tonight with the Vice President of the United States. Laurie, did you get a chance to watch ce An end tonight? Oh?
Speaker 5: Hell no, that would be allen hour of my life. I could not get back.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, it would appear. I I dipped in and out of it just when there were breaks during the nine o'clock hour and I found out that it was taped. I didn't. I thought it was going to be a lie.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I knew that. I heard that it was taped ahead of time. I heard that yesterday. I think, why.
Speaker 3: Would they tape it ahead of time and not have it more spontaneous.
Speaker 5: That's a rhetorical question, right, Yes, yes, you're very sponse.
Speaker 3: Your first brought according to USA Today. Bash pressed Harris on her positions that have changed as a twenty twenty four presidential candidate compared to her time as a US Senator in California and when she ran unsuccessfully in the Democratic presidential primaries of twenty twenty. For example, Harris was a lead Senate supporter of the Green New Deal legislation, but now has distanced herself from some of its most aggressive measures. She previously said she supports a ban on fracking to extract natural gas. Oppose is such a band?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, Harris responded, And this is a very thoughtful response. I think the most important and most significant aspect of my policy perspective and decisions is my my I think grammatically she's incorrect there. She should say are my values? But let me see, I think the most important and most significant aspect of my policy perspective and decisions are my values? Have not changed, haristote, Bash, Okay, that's it. On the border, she denied her position and changed in securing the southern border. She's always been I think, right, you know, shoulder to shoulder with Trump on the border. Has she non? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh yeah, yeah, No.
Speaker 6: JD.
Speaker 5: Vances is gonna have a ball with her. Oh my god, he's gonna be between and Trump.
Speaker 3: She said she plays to a point a Republican to her cabinet if she's elected. I want to take a guest she hasn't disclosed that. I'm I'm i mean breathless anticipation there. But who do you think it would be? Mitt Romney or Liz Cheney?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 5: Change, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Adam Kinsinger could be a dark.
Speaker 5: Horse possibly, Yeah, but you know, she could have another you know what, what did she call him? A transformation or whatever?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I do.
Speaker 5: Have a question for her, though.
Speaker 3: Yes, what is the question you would like to ask? Vice President?
Speaker 5: Were you using a luxury motor coach for your little ground tour through Georgia instead of a yellows school bus?
Speaker 3: She loves school buses. Everybody was using that, Yeah, everybody sort.
Speaker 5: Of a fancy motor coach.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, you know, I hate I'm sure Secret Service probably uh insisted. But that's a great question. I hope there will be some other questions for the vice president. When do you think she'll do her next interview.
Speaker 5: When she's forced to?
Speaker 3: No, I'm talking about a date certain here, Laurie.
Speaker 5: I don't think there's anything any such thing in her campaign.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, well she's she survived a pretty tough interview from data Dana. Jake Capper and Dana Bash were actually very fair, uh in the Biden trunk debate in late June. Oh yeah, okay, I do think they were fair. I don't know that Dana was fair tonight. Not to press her on whether or not the pancakes were blueberry pancakes or chocolate shirt pancakes. Unacceptable accepted from a from a veteran journalist like that. That's a question we the American people need to know.
Speaker 5: And the saddest thing about the time of year, they couldn't have a log on the fireplace.
Speaker 3: Yes, I know.
Speaker 1: Oh god, Oh well, Harry, Yeah, I hope you're going to call us tomorrow night in the eleven o'clock hour, because we will have our presidential poll poll night tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Night, last Friday of August. So we did it in March on the last Friday of March. Last Friday of April, last Friday of May, last Friday of June, last Friday of July. So this will be our sixth poll, and this will be the first one without our fk in there because he called us today, his name off our off our poll, so we cannot pull for our Holy kidny.
Speaker 5: Well you're bigger than I thought.
Speaker 3: Holy Kiddy. Oh. I appreciate your calls as always, Thank you so much for checking in. All right, good night, all right.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 3: I want to know, it seems to me that this is when I thought people would be pretty creative tonight and they would have some questions for the vice president. So I'm gonna just keep these lines going and you can join the conversation at six one, seven, two, five, four to ten thirty, or you can join the conversation at six one, seven, nine three ten thirty. Now, if your call after fifty five, I don't think you're going to get on. So if you want to get on, now is the time to call. What question? If you had been Dana Bash, would have you asked the vice president tonight? I know I would have asked what type of pancakes? Once? Once she leaked uh and made the mistake of disclosing that pancakes were being made and served when she got that call from the from the President that he was not going to be a candidate. I mean that pictured a warm family setting to me, and it showed me what the vice president is all about on the Sunday morning, cooking pancakes for her family. Just a beautiful picture in my mind. Join the conversation back on nights Side. Feel free, love to hear from you. And if there was a question that you heard Dana Bash ask, assuming you watched the CNN debate and you can remember the question and you think it was a good one or a tough one, I'd love to hear from you. We'll join the We will get more phone calls right after this quick break on Nightside. We're coming back quickly, dial quickly.
Speaker 2: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World, Nice Side Studios on DUMBZ News Radio.
Speaker 3: One other recent change your position by the Vice president on the border. According to USA Today, Harris also denied that her position has changed in securing the southern border. After opposing the construction of a wall of the US Mexico border as a twenty twenty presidential candidate, Harris backed bipartisan border legislation pushed by the Biden administration that would have allocated unspent dollars to continue the construction of a border wall, among a host of other messures. So she's now saying that she was in favor of a border wall. News to me, Well, let's keep going here as we head towards the midnight hour. Ross is in debt. And Ross, did you have a chance to watch to see in an interview tonight?
Speaker 7: Uh? Yeah, I did.
Speaker 3: Which is it?
Speaker 7: Well? I thought CNN kind of blew to the opportunity, you know, in what way? Well, for example, she came out last week with an economic plan. Yes, and okay, let's let's look at the teeth. Where's the teeth to this. You want to give twenty five thousand dollars for new home buyers, yep, you want to do away with college along get said, Okay, that's those are all wonderful things, but we have this little thing called her death. Said, So, I don't know why the interviewer with CNN didn't touch on things such as that, like, let's get some let's get some clarity here.
Speaker 3: Well, clarity is probably not something that the Vice president really wants to engage in At this point, I'm hoping that in the Vice president's economic plan, there might be let us say, I don't know, a half a million dollars for every American talk show host. That's That's one of the planks that I'm hoping she might. It might make me feel much more warm and fuzzy. Told her if she would just put that plank in there.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I've got I don't have a problem with her. I was hoping that the interview would pull out some clarity, like let me get to know you. You know what I mean, like we we all know Trump. I mean, it's pretty much black and white. It is what it is.
Speaker 3: It's the question about that. I'm beginning to wonder whether or not. And I know you're going to think I'm nuts when I say this, but I've said it before. I'm beginning to wonder if Trump really wants to lose this election. I just think that when.
Speaker 7: You know, tackle the Capitol again, Well.
Speaker 3: I hope not. No. But what I'm saying is, if if he were to win the election, he would have to spend the next four years governing. He would be at the end of that term eighty two if he loses the election, Okay, if he loses the election, he can always say he won, he was president for four years, and then he can say in his own mind that he was robbed twice and he can spend the rest of his life thinking of him as some sort of a victim or a martyr. I don't know. I just think it's insane when I'm hearing.
Speaker 7: I mean, the only thing I know shoes with him. Thing I know is I think she's a smart lady, a nice lady. But I'm just not getting the whole what path are you walking down? Making sense?
Speaker 3: I just well, I think I think that she's hoping and I think the Democrats are hoping that they can basically say, she's a joyful person. You saw a lot of joy at the Democratic National Convention, and if we elect her, she will not be Donald Trump and uh, and everything will be right with the world. And you know, of course, the question that I would want to ask her is where have you been the last three and a half years?
Speaker 7: Exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we realized that the vice presidency is not a high profile position. But remember she had the interview with the NBC anchor Lester Holt, and he asked her, and I probably He asked her if she had visited the border, and she looked at him and said, no, but I haven't been to Europe either, and then she kind of laughed. Do you remember that that interview?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I do, I do, I do.
Speaker 3: And you can see that Lester Holt is a very serious journalist, was looking at her like, what is that all about. I mean no, and I haven't been to Europe either, And she could have said she's never been to the South Pole. I mean whatever, but guess what.
Speaker 7: Well, the best thing to do is go hug a tree and save a whale.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would think so, I'll go hug a whale and save a tree one or the other, you know. Thanks, Thanks Ross.
Speaker 7: Enjoy your long weekend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna not only have a long weekend, I'm gonna have a week's off week off next week two, which I'm looking forward to. Thanks for Ross, very nice. Thank you man. Talk to you soon. Have a good one. All right. I can still get a couple more and if you like, If you don't, that's okay. I guess there's not a lot of excitement for the vice president. Let me go to cat and Ipswich Cat. Did you get a chance to watch Seeing End tonight?
Speaker 8: No, I didn't. I was out watching tennis and the Red Sox.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Red Sox. They left their bats at home tonight. They lost to nothing.
Speaker 8: I know, what can you do? But here's my question for Yeah, Tamila Harris. My question is where and when did you exactly work for McDonald's Because I'm not buying that she worked there while she was in undergrads. I'm not buying it. I worked at McDonald's when I was in high school. I hated it, but you know, it was like something I had to do. And then I went to like a very elite college, and I was like the poor person. I found out that all not only did I work in a basketball place in high school, but all these rich kids did too.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, I think I think McDonald's is kind of a high school job. Now, I don't know. I don't know if she's specified that, but you know, maybe maybe she did.
Speaker 8: She difically said she worked there as an undergrad, and I don't believe that at all. Okay, But the other thing I wanted to comment on you were talking about, how like see, I don't know if it was your the call that you just spoke to said that. People say, oh, well, you know, Kamala Harris is a joyful person. Like yeah, okay, well I am too. But you know, lots of us are joyful people. But that doesn't mean we're up to running the United States.
Speaker 3: No, no, no. But what I'm saying is that the message. You know, all I was saying was that the message that I watched when I did get a chance to watch the Democratic National Convention, everybody it was joyful. I mean, that's fine, they were joyful, but that doesn't that doesn't solve our problems. I mean, you know, there's some serious problems around the world, and I'd like to see policy positions. That's why I'm having some fun with this this hour tonight. And I and when I think that Dana Bash spent some time asking her and allowed her to go on about baking cooking pancakes on Sunday morning, it's absurd that, you know, data Bash was fair along with Jake Tapper during the Biden Trump debate. She was I mean, it was like she just put on a school pursuit and dove into the tank. Tonight. You know, maybe there was a tough question there. I don't know. I don't know, but I didn't hear any And I've spent an hour asking people who might have listened, and no one's telling me any sort of tough questions. And I think that the Harris campaign knew it. That's why they went to CNN. They certainly aren't going to go to many She's not going to do many interviews, and that one only lasted about twenty seven minutes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, but if the American.
Speaker 3: People buy that, and that's what the American people are going to vote for, well, then then the Democratic consultants have called the right, have the play that will win, have a happy, happy convention, and then and then avoid the media.
Speaker 8: You know, one thing I am enjoying that, you know, James Carabell, I love that he you know, I don't agree with him all the time, but he knows what he's talking about.
Speaker 3: All right on that point, on that point, we will. We will end the evening. Thanks, Thanks, Kat, I appreciate your call so much.
Speaker 8: Thank you, talk to you soon.
Speaker 3: All right, everybody want to thank Rob Brooks, want to thank MARIAA. My name is Dan Ray. We have spent the evening together I hope you've had a few smiles and a few laughs, and we will be back tomorrow night. Remember we will have our presidential our August end of August presidential snappole tomorrow tomorrow night at eleven o'clock. My name is Dan Ray. This is Nightside. All dogs, all cats, all pets go to Heaven. That's my pal Charlie Rams, who passed fourteen years ago in Beeboy. That's where all your pets are who had passed. They loved you and you love them. I do believe you're going to see them again. Hope to see you in tomorrow night on Nightside. Please tell your friends about Nightside. Have a great Friday, everyone,