Speaker 1: And now your host for Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, Tam Chase.
Speaker 2: Hi, everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 3: Hope you're well on this.
Speaker 2: Still hot Monday night here in southern California.
Speaker 3: The weather has just been tortures.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers oh eighty six and fifty seven on this season, first place atop the NL West after taking two or three from the Guardians over the weekend. The Dodgers Homestead continues tonight with the start of a three game series against the Chicago Cubs.
Speaker 3: Walker Buehler on the mound.
Speaker 2: First pitch from Dodgers Stadium is coming up at seven to ten. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, including your chance to win sweet tickets to our Zenschi Sweet Life Challenge that's coming up in thirty minutes. We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. We'll hear from Mookie Bets, David Vess say, we'll check in. We'll hear from the manager team Rob. We got your Dodgers Magical moment Shortley. Kirsten Watson from Sports in at La we'll stop buying. In just a few minutes, we'll head out to the Kalpin Motors broadcast both with Steven Nelson and a Rick Monday. Well. Yesterday at the Ravine, Flarity showed he was an ace, while Otani continued to amaze Jack Flerity acquired at the trade deadline.
Speaker 3: He has been great for the.
Speaker 2: Dodgers, and yesterday probably his best outing yet. Seven to the third innings did not allow a run while scattering just four hits and striking out six along the way.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers offense.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, needed to turn around the line before it got going, and in the fourth it did.
Speaker 3: Mookie Betts a lead off triple.
Speaker 2: Two batters later, Max Munsey walked, next batter Will Smith and RBI single that scored Mooking. The Dodgers were on the board up one to nothing. Then the fifth the Dodgers added to that lead as show Hey Otani absolutely unloaded on a Tanner byby fastball.
Speaker 4: One ball and no strikes two show haird one nothing Dodgers batting in the fifth and show Hey swings and hammers one way down the right field line, that ball's.
Speaker 5: Gone home run shaw Hey Tenny number forty six. Oh what a monster.
Speaker 6: Blast over the visiting bullpen. Incredible as the show rolls on here at Dodgers Stadium, whoa did he absolutely mash that four hundred and fifty feet.
Speaker 2: Off the stadium club down the right field line, landed in the loge is forty six of the season. That is the top tier play of the game sponsored by Arco Quality, top tier gas for less.
Speaker 3: Dodgers up two to nothing.
Speaker 2: Then in the eighth, the Dodger's still with a two to nothing lead when they added to that back thanks to Max Munsey stretched.
Speaker 4: By ghosts in here comes the one O and Max. It's a high fly ball left center and deep fsball heading back to the walk. Gone Maxwell swinging the silver hammer on a hot Sunday afternoon. It's home run number twelve for him. I'm a solo shots and the Dodgers now lead.
Speaker 7: Hit three to nothing.
Speaker 6: Omposer field home run four, Max Monthly twelve home run of the season for a month seed Dodgers a three to nothing lead.
Speaker 2: Later than inning, Chris Taylor in RBIs single scoring Will Smith and the Dodgers, with two runs in the eighth took a four to nothing lead. Evan Phillips would go for the ninth after Michael Kopek pitched an inning and a third following Jack Flerty Phillips would put up a zero. Dodgers shut out the Guardians yesterday four to nothing on a steamy afternoon at Dodgers Stadium. Jack Flerity has twelfth win of the season. He's now five and one as a Dodger. Showey Otani tying a career high with his forty six home run of the season. He's now at forty six home runs and forty six dolen basis with the win, and now Dodgers now eighty six and fifty seven. They are six games up on the Padres in the NL West, six and a half games up on the Diamondbacks Division, and Tonight the homestead continues was the first of three against the Cubs. Walker Bueler on the Mountain with more, we head out to the Galpit Motors broadcast booth on the steamy Monday night and say hello to Stephen Nelson and Rick Monday guys.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 8: Tim Gonna be back at Dodgers Stadium three more games in this penultimate home stand for the Dodgers, and they'll come against.
Speaker 3: The Chicago Cubs.
Speaker 8: And mo The Dodgers have won what fourteen of the last nineteen, coming off a big series win against the Guardians, taking the last two games from Cleveland, and here we are set for what is unofficially known as the Rick Monday Bull.
Speaker 3: That's what you're going with, That's what I'm going with.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean, obviously the majority of your major league career with the Dodgers, when a World Series ring with the Dodgers, but I think a lot of folks remember you patrolling Wrigley feel.
Speaker 9: I'll tell you what. I knew it was hot, but I didn't realize it was just that hot.
Speaker 8: My brain's fried after yesterday.
Speaker 9: You know, it is one thing, and this series, I mean, the Dodgers don't take it for granted because basically, if you look at the Cubs, their backs are against the proverbial wall if they have any hopes of being in postseason playing. If you look at the wild Card, I mean, the Cubs standing second place in the Nation League Central but nine games behind them with Walker Brewers, that's an impossible number to make them. Question is can they make up five games in the standings in the Wildcard of the National League. So these are desperate times and the Cubs come in they had not been hitting, and for Walker Buehler would like to continue that mode because he's starting for the Dodgers tonight.
Speaker 8: You talk about the Cubs, the offense went ice cold on its homestead, especially this last series they had against the Yankees over the weekend. They won yesterday to avoid getting swept. They only gave up six total runs to New York their entire weekend, and they still lost the series because they had just seven total hits. But the pitching staff has been performing well for Chicago, so we'll see what kind of battle that presents. What has been the most encouraging thing about in your eyes, of what you've seen from the Dodgers the last few games here, you know, the first three games of this homestand and going back now on a week and a half.
Speaker 9: I think everybody's talking about Townty, no question about it. I think of another guy that's Jack Flaherty. We saw him. I mean, you talk about additions the Dodgers made this year, and for Flaherty came in picked up the win, his twelfth of the season, making his twenty fifth start. That was on Sunday, and what a breath of fresh air he has been able to provide, not only in keeping opposing teams down, but also giving the bullpen a rest, and they came in to the weekend series against Cleveland in desperate need of a breather.
Speaker 8: Jack Flaherty has ascended to the top spot in the Dodger rotation. He has been pitching like an ace all season long, whether in the Tiger uniform or Dodger uniform.
Speaker 3: He's not the.
Speaker 8: Only Harvard Westlake Wolverine here at Dodgers Stadium for these next three games. The Cubs starting centerfielder Pete crol Armstrong went to Harvard Westlake as well. Of course the return of Cody Bellinger. A lot of things to look forward to over these next three nights at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you, Steven, as we call you down to first pitch, Dodger fans game, your game day meal on at Shaky's Pizza Parlor. What are your Shakiest pizza chick in and Mojo's right now at Shaky's dot Com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, We're gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts. So we will visit with David ved Say, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. Don't forget we got your Zenshet Sweet Life Challenge coming up in less than thirty minutes up next, So we'll get you here, o Tani, rewind and we'll hear from Kirsten Watson. We're leading you up to Dodgers and Cubs on this Monday night. First pitch is seven ten. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Kaks's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: It's Lorongo Casino, Dodgers on, Dodgers on deck y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Cubs started a three game set Walker Bueler Kyle Hendricks the pitching matchup in this series opener from the Ravine.
Speaker 3: First pitch coming up at sevent ten.
Speaker 1: This is the.
Speaker 4: Rewhy and now the Wine and the Payoff Pitch Show. Hey swings and lifts it in the center field. That's down for a base hit, slicing a little bit toward left center field. Otani, He's got a hit.
Speaker 7: That's his one.
Speaker 4: Hundred and sixty first hit in a season, and that is a new career high. For show Hey Otani and show Hey swings.
Speaker 6: And hammers one way down the right field line, that ball's gone.
Speaker 5: Home run, Show Hey Otani number forty six.
Speaker 6: Oh what a monster blast over the visiting bullpen. Incredible as the show rolls on here at Todgers.
Speaker 2: Stadium, Show Hey Otani goes two for forty Yes today home run number forty six at Absolute Monster Blast RBI number one hundred and one. Otani now had forty six home runs and forty six dolen bases for shy of each and becoming the first fifty to fifty player Otani ran brought to you by Eto Winns Oiosha, Japan's number one Green Tea and the tea that showy Otani loves and drinks available at local DISO stores, Amazon and eto win dot Com.
Speaker 3: That's it, O e n dot Com.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 2: Hey Keirson now joins us from Dodgers Stadium on this Monday night. Is the Cubs are in town for the start of this three game series. And before we get to Walker Buehler and what his start means tonight for him and the Dodgers, a big day for Mookie Betts says he is going to be the nominee for the Roberto Clemente Award for the Dodgers.
Speaker 10: It really is, and it's you know, this is one of those things where if you are chosen to be your team's nominee for this award, that means a lot because it means everything you're doing in the community and how you're being represented and being seen by your teammates, your colleagues, things like that. So is this a huge day for Mookie beds He When he spoke to the media about the nominee, he talks about just one, how honored he was to be nominated, but two about the work that he his wife, Bree, his cousin Unique, all the work that they have done together with the fifty to fifty Foundation, and how meaningful this has been to support the community, to support children, whether it's in academic settings, whether it's on the baseball field, things like that. So, you know, for him, he was just saying, obviously with a winner's mentality, I asked him how they're going to celebrate this nominee and he goes, we celebrate when we win. You know, for him, if he wins the award, they will celebrate, but right now they can recognize all the hard work that they've punted it, but that they have put in. And he even talked about how this is something that's always been instilled in him since he was a young boy. He was saying he remembers when he was younger going to school and his mom and dad always saying to share his snacks, and you know, things like that are kind of a way of how he was giving back when he was younger, and now that he obviously has the means and the platform to do it on a much larger scale. So this it's very it's something very special for him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no doubt about that. That's a great honor for him.
Speaker 2: Tonight the Dodgers started a series with the Cubs, and for Walker viewer, this is a start. They really need to get something out of him, and Dave Roberts needs to see something if he wants to be a part of this October roster.
Speaker 10: Right, Yeah, it is, And for Walker it seems like, especially when look at the last few outings, one the results have been good, but two he's talked about how they've been building blocks. So the hope is for today to be, of course another building block for him, but it's also about showing just that compete and we've been seeing that. I think it's fair to say we've been seeing that as of late, as how he has been throwing really competitive pitches. But Dave roberts Day was talking about how, look, yes there are nineteen games left in the regular season, including tonight, and what he's looking for in players, it's every pitch, it's every at bat. You can't give him up at this moment. It's what it's the decisions you're making on defuse because right now it's about preparing for October. Look, this team has big goals of playing until the very end of October. They want to be in the World Series. We've seen how the last few years have been handled and they don't want to go out that way. So when you're looking at things right now, he actually really celebrated landon Nag and showing that you know, he is someone who he is putting it all out there right now. He's competing and he's showing that how he can compete on the big stage. We've been seeing it in bits from Walker Bueler. It seems like that's been one of those kind of final things that's been clicking into him as he's been leveling up his play of games. So for these guys, he just wants to see a continuation with that because a spot on the postseason roster is not a guarantee, and they know how Walker can perform in the postseason. So now it's about preparing him to do just that that he is a part of that conversation come October.
Speaker 2: We let's see what he can do tonight, Kirriston, we appreciate it. Well, check out with you after the game. Dodger Fans enhances you're listening experience by downloading the iHeart Radio app and listening in HD. It's all powered by la Care Health Point and serving to all Angelinos lacare dot org. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck will dive deeper this pitching matchup David Besse.
Speaker 3: We'll check in.
Speaker 2: Of course, we'll hear from Bookie Betts, we'll get you an injury report, and we'll hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. Next Dodgers Cubs. First pitch is seven ten on this Monday night. I'm Tim Kasis, Los Angeles, Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Cassino Dodgers Hunts on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this hot Monday night here in southern California.
Speaker 3: As we lead you up to first pitch Dodgers and Cubs.
Speaker 2: Marongo Casino Resorted spy a grand Slam for good times. First pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 1: This it's the LA Dodgers Injury Report.
Speaker 2: Presented by UCLA Healthy, official medical partner of your Los Angeles Dodgers. To Oscar Hernandez, still bothered by that right ankle on which you got hit by a pitch on Friday and night. Could have been in the lineup tonight, but gonna wait another day. Should be back at the Dodger starting lineup tomorrow night. Gavin Stione on the i O at the right shoulder inflammation. Clayton Kershaw did throw today. He's on the ie L with the turf toe in the left big toe. Tyler Glass now on the IL with the right elbow. Ten to night is Bruce dark Carreterol on the iel at the right hamstring strain. He's scheduled to come back in the next couple of days tomorrow the return of Yoshinoba Yamamoto off the iel has first start since June. All right, let's head back out to Dodgers Dadumen checking with the Dodgers skipper.
Speaker 3: Anything else for Dave? Do you think a questions for Dave?
Speaker 11: Dave?
Speaker 1: Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 3: Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 1: In the dugouts with Dave Roberts?
Speaker 12: God, it's gonna be one of the warmest, honest evening games on record.
Speaker 2: How does that affect that the daily ritual and maybe even the pace of the game itself.
Speaker 8: Amending you dress a little lighter today?
Speaker 13: Yeah, I think it reminds you of I think seventeen the World Series, where it was really hot ball flies because the air is lighter. We've cut back on on field work the last days to give everybody a break, so that's one part of it. I'm wearing the shirt that's Children's Cancer Awareness Month, so that's an ode to the kids fighting cancer.
Speaker 8: That was ask you doing today.
Speaker 13: Tasker's doing well. I was out there watching him run, take ground balls, fly balls, watch him throw. You know, we'll see how he comes in tomorrow. I'm hopeful he can be in there tomorrow, but you know that's more of a training staff decision right now.
Speaker 7: Insight on the ammotive booking today.
Speaker 13: I heard about it. It was it was good. I think that you know, he's ready to go, so I don't I'm not going to put too much wade into the bullpen. I know he's anxious to get back on the mound and he's got somewhere between fifty and sixty pitches tomorrow, so you know, we'll see how that plays out.
Speaker 2: All right, there's Dave robert down the dugout brought to you by Service Titan. Dave Roberts is a Titan in the zone right and he's got a plan before his team hits the field. You need one for your growing contracting business too. Let Service Titan help you implement it. Learn more at service Titan dot com. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we will check in with the David say get to all the latest. So we lead you up to first pitch Dodgers and Cubs of Tim Kates's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue All Season log.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Cubs on this Monday night start of a three game series. As the homestay continues, Walker Bueller on the bound first pitch coming up at seven ten. The umpiring crew for tonight's game is brought to you by Fred Looyer Insurance, celebrating fifty years of providing reliable and affordable car insurance for you and your family.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 7: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger inside there, David Bassi, all.
Speaker 2: Right, DV twenty four hours ago, a little more than that, we were talking here on Dodgers on Deck and you said you didn't expect Taoscar Hernandez to be in the lineup tonight for this series opener.
Speaker 3: In fact, he's not in the lineup.
Speaker 12: Yeah, just by what he was explaining to the trainers yesterday as he was going through his drills. It just seemed like certain movements gave him discomfort and even pain. So it wasn't surprising when we saw the Dodgers starting lineup that Teoscar Hernandez was not in it.
Speaker 7: That doesn't cause alarm for anybody.
Speaker 12: Dave Roberts was out there earlier today just watching him run as he heard in the last segment. But if he wakes up tomorrow and the foot pain and discomfort is not what it was yesterday, I'm sure he'll be back in there.
Speaker 7: If not tomorrow, then on Wednesday.
Speaker 12: And also that's the day that Bruce star graderol is expected to be activated.
Speaker 2: David Walker Bueller gets the start tonight. It's a big one for him, isn't it.
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 12: That is I feel like he still has to prove himself that he deserves a spot, and the Dodgers playoff rotation. I know it looks a little thin right now, but the Dodgers are getting Yamamoto back tomorrow, and the Dodgers are going to get Tyler Glass now back probably when they return home from this next road trip. And here's what Andrew Freeman had to say last week about his thoughts of what he's seen from Walker Bueller so far.
Speaker 14: I mean, we've talked about this a lot, you know, even when you're scuffling there for a little bit, his stuff was very similar to where he was in twenty twenty one. And you know finished, I don't remember top five in the sye. It was just about execution which gets to the delivery can be a little bit off, and especially as you're you know, feeling your body again and going through that normal pitching routine every five days, every six days, challenging to execute at the level that he executed before, but knowing that he was capable of it and excelled at it in the past always gave us the confidence that we'd be able to figure it out. And these last two have been really promising on that front. His ability to mix pitches and execute have been a huge part of why he's pitched so well, and we're really excited about where he's at.
Speaker 9: All.
Speaker 7: Right, let's see where it goes from here.
Speaker 12: Like I've told you before, Tim's I feel like Walker Bueller's confidence is getting better and better, growing each time he pitches. And I've talked about behind the scenes how he's kind of chatty and has that swagger. Well, I saw it again this afternoon when he shouted at me to get out of the clubhouse.
Speaker 7: So he's back.
Speaker 3: He's back, and speaking of back, Cody Bellinger's.
Speaker 7: Back, Yeah, he is.
Speaker 12: It was great to catch up with Cody Bellinger, who had a great tenure with the Dodgers, starting with his Rookie of the Year campaign in twenty seventeen and also his MVP season in twenty nineteen. Cody was one of the more clutch Dodgers during that period of time. And you know, we talked about those days a little bit this afternoon, and he said, we just had such a special and tight knit group coming up and going through some of the heartache and obviously the elation of winning the World Series in twenty twenty and going to the Dodgers first World Series since nineteen eighty eight in twenty seventeen. He's been plagued by some injuries to him and he admitted that, you know, the broken finger has affected him. He had a broken rib running into the brick wall at Wrigley Field earlier this year. So he's had a good season two sixty three, fifteen home runs and sixty RBIs, but he obviously believes he could have had a better year if he did not have those injuries.
Speaker 7: And he said, you know, you.
Speaker 12: Hear old timers talk about when they wake up in the morning and they're playing at Wrigley Field and they checked the flags whether or not they're blowing in or they're blowing out. He said, that's not an old timer thing or an old school thing. He does the exact same thing. He wants to see those flags and where they're blowing in at Wrigley Field, he said. Wriggly Field is not for the faint of heart to be an everyday cub because it can frustrate you a lot when you hit the ball hard and it's just a fly ball at the warning track.
Speaker 3: No doubt Dave appreciate it. Davids driven by Ford.
Speaker 2: If there's one thing we like his choices, fine yours with the four to half pine to fifty gas hybrid or all electric tough this mark, yep, you only be called f one fifty. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll get your magical moment. Dodgers comes first pitch at seven ten of Tim Kates's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Cubs on this Monday night, Walker Viealer Kyle Hendricks a pitching matchup of the series opener, first pitch at seven ten.
Speaker 9: I do not about that.
Speaker 7: Who wants.
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfeing Magical Moment. It's Magical Magic Phone, presented by Hawvey hot To House.
Speaker 2: Fifty nine years ago today, September ninth, nineteen sixty five, Dodgers Stadium, Dodgers taking on the Chicago Cubs. Just light tonight, a night in wood Sandy Cofex was perfect two and two.
Speaker 11: The Harvey Kane one strike away Sandy into his wind up.
Speaker 7: Here's the pitch swung that in missed the perfect cane.
Speaker 3: On the scoreboard in right field.
Speaker 11: It is nine forty six pm in the City of the Angels, Los Angeles, California, and a crowd of twenty nine thousand and thirty nine just sitting in to see the only pitcher in baseball history de Herald four no hit, no run games. He has done it four straight years and now he capped it on.
Speaker 7: His fourth no hitter. He made it up perfect game.
Speaker 2: He was the first left handed pitcher to throw a perfect game, the first pitcher to throw a perfect game at night.
Speaker 3: It was his fourth no hitter and his first perfect game.
Speaker 2: He becomes the sixth pitcher at the time in the modern era of baseball, the eighth overall to throw a perfect game September ninth, nineteen sixty five, fifty nine years ago. Today Sandy Kofax's perfect game. This hockey magical Mooman brought to by Hofey Hot Talks, a so cal treasurer for over one hundred years. Visit hofeybrand dot com to find out where you can purchase Cravelicious. Haffey Hot talks all right, who wants to live the Sweet life in a Dodger game? Eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy is his ench Sweet Live Challenge eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy three contestants right now, tell me the fresh player of the game. If you're correct, you're going to a Dodger game to live the sweet life. Lead you up to Dodgers and Cubs. I'm sim case. This is Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Lorongo Casino, Dodgers on, Todgers on deck y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball, Dodgers and Cubs on this Monday night.
Speaker 2: Walker viewer Kyle Hendrickson pitching matchup to start this series.
Speaker 3: First pitch at seven ten.
Speaker 1: This is the Zenchi Sweet Light Challenge one lucky winner and a guest get to watch the Dodgers from the Zenchy Sweet all made possible by Zenchi Sushi, Fast, Fresh and easy.
Speaker 2: All right, we have our three contestants. Just tell me who the fresh player of the game will be tonight. If you're correct, you're going to watch a Dodger game in the five seventy LA Sports Sweet. Junior, you're our first contestant. Which player are you picking tonight?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 4: I gotta go with Tony?
Speaker 3: All right, no problem going, all right, Good luck to you, Junior. Matthew is our second contestant, Matthew. Who you going with?
Speaker 7: Freddie Freeman?
Speaker 2: Freddy Freeman. Good luck to you, Matthew. Jerry is our third and file contestant, Jerry.
Speaker 3: Welcome. What's your guests? What player? I'm going Mookie Mookie Betts. All right, good luck to you. Jerry.
Speaker 2: Matthew and Junior are three contestants of the Zenchy Sweet Live Challenge said by Zenci Handcrafted Sushi, made fresh daily on side. Pick up Delicious Sushi before the game at Rouse and other local supermarkets near the deli counter.
Speaker 3: Still to come.
Speaker 2: We'll get you the keys of the game, but we head back out to Dodger Stadium. David Vasse standing by with a very special guest.
Speaker 12: We are live at Dodger Stadium as the Dodgers and Cubs are getting set for Game one of this three game series. And we're joining right now by a huge Dodger fan and a great man that looks out for everybody and their recycling needs in this state and in this county, and that is the great Mark Pastrella.
Speaker 4: Mark.
Speaker 7: Great to have you back at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 15: Thanks, David, It's always good to see you. It's great you back here at Dodger Stadium in support of our home team and LA County communities.
Speaker 12: Mark just want to let you know that we do appreciate what you're doing here today to celebrate these Dodgers Dream Team athletes who are helping keep their ballparks and neighborhoods clean by recycling beverage containers.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 15: I want to thank all the young athletes, their families and coaches for participating in our tenth annual Beverage Container Recycling Challenge. The top three teams are here tonight, David. Together they recycled over three hundred pounds of bottles and cans and redeem them for more than three three hundred dollars in CRV value. It's a great example of how small actions can add up to significant benefits.
Speaker 12: Yeah, Freddie Freeman has been telling about it all season long, and I heard he's excited to meet these kids.
Speaker 15: Well, I'm excited to see Freddy two. What a great example of a community member giving back. You know, Ella County is working to ensure that our communities are thriving in a safe, clean environment, and clean and sustainable environment, and we know one of the best ways to achieve that is encouraging the public to repractice the four hours David Remember, reduce, reuse, recycle, and rethink. That includes cunning back on waste by shopping smart and buying only what you need to decrease waste going to landfills. And it also means recycling bottles and cans or even better, choosing reusable containers to reduce screenhouse gas emissions, conserve our natural resources, and keep La County clean.
Speaker 7: Mark you mentioned.
Speaker 12: In just a few months, these teams recycled over thirty eight hundred pounds of CRV beverage containers for thirty three hundred dollars in CRV value one nickel and dime at a time. Can you tell us why this is so important to our communities?
Speaker 15: Absolutely, and again thanks to LA County and all the community members that are working hard together with the Dodgers' Dream Team athletes to make a little effort go a long way.
Speaker 3: We all need to do our part.
Speaker 15: And last year, twenty six billion recyclable bottles and cans were sold in California and over seven billion still ended up in the trash. David, it's ridiculous. That's like throwing away almost four hundred million dollars recycling bottles in Kansas. What I call a triple play. You keep neighbors, neighborhoods clean, you fight fight global warming, and you put money right back in your pocket.
Speaker 7: Hey, that's a winning play, right there, triple play.
Speaker 12: Mark Pistrella is our guest from LA County and we want to thank the Los Angeles County for its environmental stewardship. How can our fans do their part and where should they go for more information? Mark?
Speaker 15: Thanks David again, please follow the four rs. It's a great step. First step, reduce, reuse, recycle and rethink and another way to keep communities clean. Is helping prevent illegal dumping. You can report illegal dumping anywhere in La County by calling the Clean La hotline at one eight eight clean La, or by downloading the works app mobile app on your smartphone. You can also find tips and information of all kinds ways to keep communities safe, clean and sustainable at cleanala dot com.
Speaker 12: That's Cleanala dot com. Markpistrella and his Dodger blue Hawaiian shirt. He's got his fancy La County blue hat on today. Thanks a lot for the time and hopefully we can continue to do our part like you've asked, and Freddie Freeman has supported absolutely.
Speaker 15: I want to again want to thank Freddy for his support and I want to thank you, David for your support all these years. You made a difference in La County.
Speaker 1: Hey, I love that.
Speaker 7: Thanks a lot for the time, Mark, and enjoy the game.
Speaker 12: Okay, thank you buddy. Hanging there there, he is the man Mark Pistrella from La County. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 7: Tim.
Speaker 12: I know you got recyclables on your desk piling up as we speak.
Speaker 2: Well, we got rid of those today, Dave, but appreciate it. Dodger fans start your future to California Community college. Financial aid is available to help you with tuition, books, and sometimes even the rent. It's time to take that next big step. Classes can fill up quickly, so enroll today at I can go to college dot com. Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll get you a preview of this pitching matchup. Stephen and Rink will have those keys to the game. But I'm next well here from Mookie Betts Dodgers Cubs first pitch of seven ten. I'm Tim Kase's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers incomes on this Monday night, Walker Vieler, Kyle Hendrix, Aficchi Matscha from the Ravine. First pitch coming up at seventy ten. Dodgers Baseball is presented by Children's Hospital LA. When you need to rive the best care for your child, one place to go. Children's Hospital Los Angeles rank number one in California for pediatric care. Find the right doctor at CHLA dot org.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vasse fielding Insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 12: Earlier today, Mookie Betts was nominated as the Dodgers representative for the Roberto Clemente Award. Mookie, flattered as always and humble as always, spoke to us in the Dodger dugout earlier today.
Speaker 16: Uh, when I was a kid, you know, my dad, my mom and dad really, I mean they really instilled it in me, you know, my whole life. I mean even from giving my snacks away in school. I mean, whatever it is, you know, just making other people happy always brings joy to me.
Speaker 7: Lookie, do you look at yourself as a role model?
Speaker 12: And are you aware of that just in your daily dealings with people and the way you carry yourself on and off the field.
Speaker 2: No, not really.
Speaker 16: I know that there are kids out there that may, you know, may look up to me as a role model, but I don't. I don't see myself as that. I mean, I'm a flawed man, just like everyone else is, and I just try and do the right things, and you know when I don't fix it, and but you know, other than that, I just, like I said, just try and do to do the right thing and make people happy.
Speaker 12: How much do you know about Roberto Clemente and what he did, and obviously his name carries a lot of weight. Is that just an honor in itself to be nominated.
Speaker 16: I think it's just honoring itself to be nominated. To me, he did so much and I mean it's it's kind of unexplainable. So just to know that I've done a quarter of the things that he did, I mean, it's a blessing.
Speaker 8: Much like as you've gotten more comfortable here in l A, Like, how much is some of the community where you've done kind of helped with that part?
Speaker 3: It just kind of connected you to this community.
Speaker 16: I think it's done wonders. You know, COVID really helped a lot being able in a way where I could have created an opportunity for me to give back to the communities. And you know, once I was able to do that, I mean I feel like I really became an La native, you know. And so now that I'm really kind of embedded in it, embedded in the community, I mean, it's a blessing to know that, you know, everywhere I kind of go, there's some fan or someone I can bring a smile to and you know, that's that's that's what makes it fun.
Speaker 12: A lot of a lot of times, you when you go to the plate, sometimes fans are cheering for you. How are you able to be able to acknowledge them and still be on deck or go to the plate and still be able.
Speaker 3: To perform.
Speaker 16: Just that switch being able to turn it on and off. You know, I'll make sure I h when I hear kids yelling and what I try and give them a little wave or give them something just because you never know I was that kid, you know, and so just to just to get a wave or to get a ball or whatever it is that I think that's something that those kids, you know, will remember and and all it takes is one you know, it takes you may save one kid's life or whatever it is. And you know that's a that's feel like you've done.
Speaker 17: Something you kind of touched on it. But you have good people around you in your life. Is this a validation of what they do and what they've done for you and what you do for the community.
Speaker 3: Absolutely?
Speaker 16: Absolutely, I mean that surround I feel like I've done a good job in surrounding myselveral people that I like minded that they'd love to give back and love to make other people happy. And so I feel like our team is we all had the same goal, and that's to affect other people in positive ways, in many different ways. And so my team is amazing and this is definitely shared with them for sure.
Speaker 4: Mookie.
Speaker 12: The magic number for you guys to clinch the division is at thirteen. Does it feel like this is within reach and becoming real again?
Speaker 1: Ah?
Speaker 16: Yeah, But I mean you know that that we just gotta when playoffs starts, that's that's when we have to play Dodger baseball, the best version of Dodger baseball. And so obviously, yes, we do want to keep going and winning and getting that number down, but you know that number doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: Man, we got to playoff start.
Speaker 16: We've got to be ready to go.
Speaker 12: Mookie Bets always looked up to Kobe Bryant. Kobe always talked about the journey being the most rewarding. We'll send it back to you in the studio, Tim, All.
Speaker 3: Right, thanks a lot of DV Mookie Bets.
Speaker 2: Congratulations to him for being nominee for the Roberto Clemente or Dodgers Baseball is Brought to you by our friends in Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio Broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night at shakys dot com. Or lead you up to first pitch Dodgers and Cubs. We'll dive deeper to the pitching matchup next. I'm Tim Kasis, Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers saying comes on this Monday night as the homesteak in to use the first and three against Chicago.
Speaker 3: First pitch coming up at seven.
Speaker 1: Ten and now before the Dodgers hit the dineck, we look at the pitching.
Speaker 2: Matchup presented by your Southern California Toyota Dealers. Turn your trail dominating off roading dreams into a reality in an all new twenty twenty four Tacoma.
Speaker 3: See your Toyota dealer today. They make it easy. Kyle Hendricks on the mound. He's had a rough year.
Speaker 2: The thirty four year old veteran right hander three and eleven with his six sixty elray. He's in an eleven season now in the big leagues of Southern California. In the Night of All with the Cubs twenty first started this season. He's twenty sixth appearance. Last time out five innings, two runs, five hits, five strikeouts and a loss to the Pirates. He's making his eighth career start against the Dodgers. He is three and three with a five sixty eight er ray. The Dodgers saw Kyle Hendricks back on April fifth at Wrigley Field. The four innings, five runs, eight hits that was a no decision. Walker Buehler on the mound for the Dodgers. This is a big one for the thirty year old right hander. One in four, five sixty seven. Era made his twenty twenty four debut back on May six against the Marlins. He missed all twenty twenty three and was out since June of twenty twenty two, recovering from Tommy John surgeries. Made just thirteen starts of this season at the big league level, trying to figure out if he can get back to the Walker Bueller of old. Last time out, five innings, two runs, five hits, six strikeouts and the no decision against the Angels. He took a next step, got bit better than he was to start before that. Against the Cubs, He's a combined one in two with a three eighty six ERA in six starts five starts against them in twenty seven strikeouts. He has faced them well a couple of times last year in twenty twenty two, was last one, being May eighth, looking for his first win at Dodgers Stadium ever against the Cubbies. So it's Walker Bueller big test for him tonight. Kyle Hendricks looking to get a strong finish to his season for the Cubbies. First pitch is fifteen minutes away. Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Speedy Cash, official sponsor of every LA Weekend. Find out more at Speedy Cash dot commerce stop in an LA area Speedy Cash store.
Speaker 3: He's in the game.
Speaker 2: Our next, I'm Tim Kason's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Mean you have to first pitch on this Monday night. Dodgers in Cubs, Walker Bueller Kyle Hendricks. The pitching matchup. Dodger fans en hance. You're listening and experience to all Dodger games by downloading the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: It's free.
Speaker 2: You can listen to games in HD. It's a great listen on the go, taking on your mobile device, on your tablet, in your car. It's all powered by Lacare Health Plan serving all Angelino's Lacare dot org.
Speaker 3: All right, let's head back out to the booth. Steven Nelson, Rick Monday, guys.
Speaker 8: All right, TC chat with you one more time with Rick Monday before we talked with you for a first pitch. Well, one last thing on Sunday's game. Have you ever seen a baseball hit where Otani hill six?
Speaker 9: No, not even back practice. I don't know if I've ever seen a guy even standing on the first base back pick up a baseball and hit it that far. I mean off the facing of the stadium club. First of all, you know that's about a five and a half to ten dollars camfare from home plate to begin with. But I mean the trajectory of the baseball. It was awesome. We don't see Otani stand and admire a lot of home runs that he hit.
Speaker 7: He stood and.
Speaker 9: Admire that one. A trying to hopefully will it fair fair? But then the fact, I mean, go ahead, look at it. I mean that is that was a monstrous home brow.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Well, due respect to the stack cast robots, I think four to fifty sold that one short. Whatever the case, it helped the Dodgers get to win to help show Hey stay on pace for fifty to fifty. He's right now on track for fifty two and fifty two. Again, he's already in uncharted territory. Nobody's ever done this what we've seen from a power and speed standpoint, and he's got nineteen games left in the season to make even more history. The Dodgers want to win games. That's what Showey said he does. If the history comes, it's great. He wants to win ball games. They've won a couple in a row. And trying to get the Dodgers on the right foot tonight, moll Walker Bueller coming off in another encouraging turn for him.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and the hip injury that he sustained really he said the last start that he had that was not an issue, and that was in Anaheim, went five innings a no decision, but he was able to have command of the strength zone and he was able to get the breaking ball over consistently. And I really look for a better outing even for Bueler tonight, because he understands now. Look, he's pain free, he can have full rotation in his delivery. I think he's gonna be right on top of his game.
Speaker 8: He'll face a couple of old friends with the Dodgers. Starting tonight for the Cubs in right field and batting cleanup Cody Bellinger and batting six Michael Bush at first base. It's the Dodgers and Cubs to blue chip franchises, not just in baseball, but in all of sport, and we get to watch them clash for three games.
Speaker 3: All right. First pitch is coming up.
Speaker 2: Dodgers start the night eighty six and fifty seven, best record in baseball, one game better than the Phillies. Dodgers six games up on the Padres, six and a half games up on the Diamondbacks. Both San Diego and Arizona idle tonight on this Monday, so the Dodgers a chance to pick up a half game on both. First pitch is next, Dodgers and Cubbies walk Rebueler on the mound, enjoined everybody.
Speaker 3: I'm tim Kates has been Wrongo.
Speaker 2: Casino Dodgers on deck on the Los Angeles Dodgers Audience Awards
Speaker 1: Six