Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped up.
Speaker 2: You need advice so you don't have.
Speaker 3: Come running as fast as we can.
Speaker 4: Shoot is gonna help come.
Speaker 3: Dix.
Speaker 5: Is the Troubleshooter Show. Now, Tom Martino, Hi.
Speaker 6: Tom Martino here, welcome to the show. What's going on in your life? We have a lot happening here and welcome to the show. We have our guest today, let me. I don't know if they're both there, but we're going to bring him in right now and I am going to sit.
Speaker 7: Nick is not in Tom.
Speaker 8: Kevin Culkin was shared an auto tech.
Speaker 6: It's you, I see you and Marcus up? But Hi, Hi Kevin? How are you doing? When Will Will?
Speaker 8: Will Jeff?
Speaker 9: Make it today?
Speaker 3: Not today?
Speaker 10: Tom?
Speaker 6: Oh? Okay, that's fine. So we have Kevin Calkins shared an auto tech.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 8: Today's car Day, by the.
Speaker 6: Way, so we we call it car Friday. And you can call in about anything though not just cars. Three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five keV, what's new in the car biz?
Speaker 9: Anything? What's new?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 11: Nothing?
Speaker 7: Really, you know, start quiet down a little bit. It's our normal slowdown period. So it's just kind of nice.
Speaker 6: When you say slow down because it's cars have a shoulder season two right, not too hot?
Speaker 7: Yeah, no, you get a nice sixty seven of your day. No weather, no water, no anything, just cars love it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, and uh Mark's just putting on his headset, so he's there, Suzanne's there, Kevin's there. Get your calls in three O three seven one three talk seven one three two five five. But I want to emphasize three oh three Martino three O three six two seven eight four sixty six because that we can answer twenty four to seven, which is pretty important. So we can take your calls. Now, Let's see who's on the line. If anyone, and if not, well, will continue our discussion.
Speaker 9: But we do have Andrea who.
Speaker 6: Wants to talk about a flood and homeowner's insurance. Okay, Andrea, what what's happening?
Speaker 9: Andrea?
Speaker 12: Hi, So I was just calling.
Speaker 13: We have insurance. We have insurance Hartford Insurance for a homeowner's insurance. Yes, and we had a flood on August thirtieth, and it was a streak going system that came through the announcers window basement and flooded our completely our basement. Our insurance told my mom shouted down, so that they don't cover it. I thought maybe because she's an older lady.
Speaker 12: Do you know why they said? The clause says that homeowners doesn't cover flood or earthquakes.
Speaker 6: That's right, But what's considered a flood. Let's let's examine that. A flood is considered any water that hits a horizontal surface and flows into the house. Now this is very tricky because if you had a storm, for example, that broke a window, like hailstorm that broke a window, and the water came in the window, it would be covered. Let's say the water was coming down the wall and went behind the windows where there's caulking, it would cover it. And here's the deal. It would cover any kind of water. But if a hail for example, or rain, or a broken pipe or a sprinkler system or anything hits a horizontal surface first, which not the roof though we're not talking about the roof, we're talking about a deck or the ground, then it could be considered flood when it flows from outside in.
Speaker 9: So that is why they're not covering it.
Speaker 6: How much damage I'm telling you, They are telling you the truth. Now you didn't want to hear that, but I promise you they're telling you the truth. Well, let's put it this way, if you don't have flood insurers, because they said the same thing to Mark and Suzanne when hale melt accumulated on the deck, melted and flowed into the house. They said, oh no, this is not going to be covered because it's not the hail damage, it's flood damage. And Mark had flood coverage. If he didn't realize he had flood coverage, or Susan didn't realize he had flood coverage.
Speaker 8: They would have never gotten it covered.
Speaker 6: So are you positive you don't have any flood coverage.
Speaker 12: Yeah, no, we don't have flood coverage. But as you say, a horizontal flood, it did come from the ground and I'm shoot straight through the windows and all that.
Speaker 9: And that's what I mean.
Speaker 6: So when it hits the ground, which is horizontal, right, and it floats or and it can be slanted, and it doesn't have to be perfectly fat, But when it hits something first, except for a wall of vertical surface, if it hits the ground or the deck first and flows into the house or a porch or something or a patio, it's not going to be covered.
Speaker 9: How much damage are we talking about?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 12: Well, how much much? This is Tom Martine high?
Speaker 6: Oh my, how much? Oh my god? Was this a finished basement?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 6: Man, I really don't see what you can do.
Speaker 9: Wow, you're just gonna have to.
Speaker 14: Miss it just a We removed all the dry water. We go the carpet avoid mold. And I didn't want to cover anything. I mean the velve for the sprinkler system is right by the window that it came in from.
Speaker 6: Yes, well, now hold on a second, hold on a second. Old wait wait, wait wait? Who analyzed the loss? Who analyzed it? Who said it was a flood? Was it the adjuster? Did anyone come out and look at your home?
Speaker 12: Yes?
Speaker 15: We had.
Speaker 12: I think for my mom's program. It's called home Smart.
Speaker 9: What's home Smart?
Speaker 12: It's just like, I don't know, I think just for something she paid additional into, like monthly for her home.
Speaker 9: They cover like that deal through Excel.
Speaker 6: Oh that sucks Jesus.
Speaker 9: Is that what they're talking about? Insurance? No, No, what homeowners insurance do you have? You got to have Matt look at that policy and some would coverage you have. We want to refer you.
Speaker 6: To somebody to look at your policy to see if you have coverage. Now what home smart is. Home Smart is a home warranty. It's not insurance. But I don't know. If the valve broke, maybe they do cover it.
Speaker 9: I don't actually, I don't know that.
Speaker 12: So so if we have a problem, if we have a problem like that, then they'll they'll send somebody out and see that. It's like if they'll help coverage. But they came in that morning and they said that they won't. That more than likely people in Colorado don't have the flood insurance.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but I'm not talking about it, and we're talking about two different things. Dear.
Speaker 6: Home Smart is a home.
Speaker 12: Warranty, Yeah, yeah, a resturate They don't.
Speaker 9: Cover any kind of flooding period.
Speaker 6: Home Smart though, would cover maybe the valve, I don't know. And the cleanup? Did home Smart cover anything?
Speaker 12: Nothing?
Speaker 6: Okay, Mark, what do you know about home Smart?
Speaker 9: Oh, I'm just reading on the internet page right, And what do they cover? Well, it's a repair plan. If an appliance break, so repair the appliance. I don't think they.
Speaker 6: But remember it's remember what we think about all home warranties and and basically they don't cover pre existing they don't cover lack of maintenance.
Speaker 9: They don't cover up basically what actually broke. I missed that first part. There are sprinkler valve. I don't even know if it would cover that. It's the main valve going into the house.
Speaker 14: Was it pol or was it just like the it's the supply line that comes from the home to the velvet box. And it wasn't a velve.
Speaker 6: It was oh wait wait, the supply line for the sprinkler system or for the water.
Speaker 14: Sprinkler system.
Speaker 6: Okay, because if it was like the utility these line you can cover.
Speaker 9: It covers home smart does not cover a sprinkler system.
Speaker 6: So okay, Well, man, I hate giving you this bad news.
Speaker 9: Why don't you cut?
Speaker 6: Why don't you get a hold of Paragon Services? Yes, Paragon, And what Paragon does is they they will look at your policy to see if you have coverage. Because even though they say you don't, I don't know really where it happened. It might if if let's say that valve is right next to the wall, and let's say it came in.
Speaker 9: From the vertical wall and not from the ground.
Speaker 6: We we you know, you got to split hair sometimes with these warranty. Excuse me with these insurance companies. So hang on, we'll get you that number. Do you have that number?
Speaker 9: Handy mark uh seven seven to six zero zero two zero, I believe or find a one referrale liss dot com.
Speaker 6: Just type in Paragon, Yeah, referless dot com, Paragon, waterpros dot net. The best water systems at the lowest price is right now. Thirty one ninety five gets you a whole house water softening and a three filter reverse osmosis system at the kitchen sink for drinking water. These two systems by water Pros, which is the lowest price around, is still over four grand, but plumbers would cost fifteen sixteen eighteen grand for these two systems. You get them for thirty one ninety five, both from waterpros dot net. Three oh three eight six two five fifty five four. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 9: Help.
Speaker 6: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance. Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven to one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 8: All right, now we're going to uh.
Speaker 6: We're gonna go to the phones, but we also have some updates and uh, first though, I want to get Sandy. One month ago she had an issue with Panels and I think market pro Bid Energy was gonna help. Probidenergy dot Com is one of the solar companies we endorse, and Sandy, do you have a follow up for us? Do we need to get Mark on or do you have a follow up?
Speaker 9: I say we need to.
Speaker 16: Get Mark on.
Speaker 6: What happened?
Speaker 17: My follow up is Mark finally came over and his company took pictures of the critter guards.
Speaker 16: That that was the.
Speaker 6: Issue, the right right that you paid an extra seven hundred and fifty dollars for these critter guards. What squirrels got under it and did three thousand dollars in damage to your solar system right.
Speaker 17: And so we you and Mark and I talked about suing the people that install the critter guards, but there's no guarantee on them, so you guys weren't sure that I would win.
Speaker 8: That's right.
Speaker 12: The meantime has come.
Speaker 17: Out and taking pictures of the installation, which was so poorly done. He said, there's gaps all over. So I feel like I can sue this guy because I need to pay for five panels that were completely unrepairable because of the squirrels. So that's three thousand dollars.
Speaker 9: Wow.
Speaker 17: My question to you is should I approach this guy, the installations company, and see if if we can settle or.
Speaker 16: Is that going to get Yes?
Speaker 6: Of course, always, of course, always in my opinion, Why why wouldn't you at least try, right, because the guy might think? Now, did did did Mark Kunkle at probid energy dot com when he inspected the system? Did he give you an estimate of repairs?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 16: Three thousands.
Speaker 17: He said, there's five panels that are completely undera.
Speaker 6: Well, you know that. That's good news. And Mark will tell you why the King of the King of Small Claims Court. That's right within small claims court. So you can go to small claims court. Now here's what you could do. And Mark, I want you to weigh in on this. Should she first try to negotiate something or or file and then arbitrate?
Speaker 9: Why would you know what she's done so far?
Speaker 8: But nothing?
Speaker 9: She just had an expert. Why wouldn't you call them up and say, hey, it's not working. Now that the expert told you, what's her with it?
Speaker 8: So you're saying she should at least talk to them?
Speaker 17: Right first, he knew that it wasn't working. I asked him if he would the installation person, if he would come out and repair it, or and he's gotten out of the solar panel business and refused.
Speaker 9: Just now, are you talking about hold on?
Speaker 6: Are you talking about the guy that sold you the system?
Speaker 16: Yes, he sold me the business.
Speaker 9: Well, I don't know if he's out of business.
Speaker 8: It depends.
Speaker 6: Did he have an actual business that he dissolved? Tell me tell me you said he's not in the solar business. What business is he in?
Speaker 8: I don't know it.
Speaker 17: It's the best way mechanical and so they do other things. And he's gotten out of the solar part of it, he said so.
Speaker 6: So, so he did he did everything he did the system plus.
Speaker 9: The critter guards?
Speaker 6: Yes, okay, and so you had a solar system installed.
Speaker 9: Five Site says he still does all this right while we're talking about this, Kelly, try to get this guy on and are.
Speaker 6: You calling it best way? Did you call it?
Speaker 9: It's best way mecch dot com, bestwaymch dot com.
Speaker 6: Okay, mechanical, Okay.
Speaker 16: Okay, mechanical.
Speaker 9: And his name is Brian okay.
Speaker 6: And he said, well, so is he so at least call him. Here's what I would do. I would call him and say I called Tom Martinez. He had an expert come out. The expert gave me an estimate what it will cost to fix. I need you to pay for it. If he refuses, you're going to go to small claims court and get a judgment. Okay, That's what I would do. Okay, And then meanwhile, hang on because we're going to try to get him on the line. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Dave, what's happening with you?
Speaker 8: David? What's happening? Welcome?
Speaker 18: Hey, I bought a biometric safe on Amazon two years ago, and I got to notice earlier this year that there was a recall. But I had the damn the biometric system of the safe and then take pictures and send it to them, and they were going to send me a new safe.
Speaker 6: Now, when you say biometric, is it a fingerprint?
Speaker 19: Yees?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 8: Why what?
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 20: What?
Speaker 2: What do you mean?
Speaker 9: There was a recall.
Speaker 18: Apparently the biometric would just anybody could put their finger on it and it would open up the safe. Oh so I had to I had to take a screwdriver.
Speaker 6: And who told you? Who told you to take a screwdriver.
Speaker 9: And do that?
Speaker 18: Uh? All Safe through Amazon told me to do that.
Speaker 6: No, they actually told you to do that. And then did they tell you to send it back?
Speaker 18: No, they just sent said send the pictures back and then we'll figure out how to get you a new safe.
Speaker 8: Okay, So where is it in that line right now?
Speaker 18: Well, I sent them pictures like two or three times, and I haven't heard.
Speaker 9: Did they still sell that exact same if? On Amazon?
Speaker 18: They something very similar?
Speaker 9: Well brand saying what I mean, I understand there's been an update because of the problem, but is it the same one?
Speaker 19: Yes?
Speaker 9: It is, then I would order it. Then I'd put the old one in the box and send it back for a refund.
Speaker 18: I never thought of that.
Speaker 19: That'll work?
Speaker 6: I mean, will they do that? I mean they're going to see it's destroyed. They're going to say you destroyed it?
Speaker 19: Mark?
Speaker 9: You think so? I've never had anything?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 9: Is this one of the preferred merchants at Amazon?
Speaker 6: Mark?
Speaker 9: Doesn't it have to be a certain merchant for them to do this. It's got to be generally, it's just got to be Prime. Do you have prime?
Speaker 6: Sir, David? Do you have Prime?
Speaker 19: Yep?
Speaker 9: And Mark?
Speaker 6: You actually have done that with defective products?
Speaker 19: Well?
Speaker 6: Yeah, of course. Did you get an RA or anything return authorization? Or just did it?
Speaker 21: No?
Speaker 9: I just send it back saying it showed up broken. Oh no, no, no, no, no, that's not.
Speaker 8: Going to work because you can see where he destroyed it.
Speaker 9: It doesn't matter it showed up broken. I mean, David, listen, just listen.
Speaker 6: Who are you dealing with it at Amazon? Somebody in India? David, When was the last time you talked to him?
Speaker 3: How long is it?
Speaker 6: How has it been so you you took these picks? When?
Speaker 9: How long ago?
Speaker 19: Uh? Probably earlier this year?
Speaker 6: Okay, that is that's too long. If you called back right now and said I want my safe, or or do an email saying, look, you said I needed to get rid of this defective fingerprint pad and you would replace the safe and there was a recall.
Speaker 9: Do you any email saying there was a.
Speaker 6: Recall or any record of talking to them about the recall?
Speaker 19: I do.
Speaker 18: I've got I printed out their their response, I've I've got good.
Speaker 19: Good.
Speaker 6: Then what I would do is send an email with that response saying I would really say this, I need to get a replacement, or I am going to take legal action. I mean, at least give them another chance.
Speaker 9: What's the brand of it?
Speaker 18: It's called a safe, A w E S A f E.
Speaker 6: Have they ignored you or do they say when you called, do they say okay, we're going to get you the safe and then just ignore you?
Speaker 3: Or what?
Speaker 9: Tell me how it works?
Speaker 18: Well, the last time I called them, they said, well, why didn't you call earlier? And I said, well, I when I got the notice, I you know, butchered the safe and then sent you pictures and then sent it to a safe as well, just like the direction said. And I haven't heard back from from a safe. So I've contacted probably Amazon's two or three times, and so I've got the paperwork and everything on that, but it's.
Speaker 6: It's the safe people. Was it Amazon or the safe people you've been talking to.
Speaker 19: Amazon?
Speaker 9: Yeah, they're usually.
Speaker 6: They're usually and and you can't get a number for this for the merchant?
Speaker 9: Who is the merchant? What's the name again?
Speaker 19: Aw safe?
Speaker 9: Just get the new one.
Speaker 6: How do you sell it?
Speaker 9: How do you spell it?
Speaker 19: I know?
Speaker 3: Mark?
Speaker 9: That's a w Okay, do it again?
Speaker 6: Please?
Speaker 19: A W E s A f E.
Speaker 6: Okay now oh oh okay, now listen, here's here's what I'd like you to do. Mark has a great idea. Just call him one more time and see. I just think that really, what's the difference? You want one anyhow?
Speaker 19: Right? Yes?
Speaker 9: Okay, man, they're and they're going to credit it anyhow. I mean they are. I knew someone that had a keyboard to Logiti keyboard for about a year and it broke and they did the same thing. Not that I condone it.
Speaker 6: Okay, listen, okay, try what Mark is saying after you call him.
Speaker 9: I mean, there's one more call. Is not going to kill you.
Speaker 22: Hey, Dave, I have a question on your safe.
Speaker 9: How big is it is that?
Speaker 22: A walk in safe or like a bread box safe. Is it a big like a walk in safe? Like a closet safe?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 18: No, no, still two guns safe and I can open it with a key.
Speaker 6: But oh my god, a walk in safe? Do you really think Amazon would deliver that?
Speaker 8: Come on online?
Speaker 7: Gosh? If he sends a pictures to as safe there is a recall, they'll take care of it instead of Amazon.
Speaker 8: You looked that up? Did you look that up?
Speaker 7: keV recall at a safe us dot com. Send the picture there with your information?
Speaker 6: Okay, why don't you deal directly there? And it's called it's recall.
Speaker 9: But guys, understand, when you send it back to Amazon, they're gonna simply make that manufacture or whatever they're referred to as that don't anyhow.
Speaker 18: Yeah he's right, Yeah, yeah, I did send the pictures back to a safe and they just ignored me.
Speaker 19: So wait. And then then I followed up.
Speaker 6: With can we get a number for all Safe? I tried to find one. I couldn't find one.
Speaker 19: Yeah, I couldn't either.
Speaker 9: Most of these companies like that. I mean, they just go to China and have them built and throw a name on them. There's no one to call.
Speaker 18: I will order another one and send it back. I didn't even think of that, but I'll take my chances on that one. But can I share a quick story with you?
Speaker 8: Go ahead, all right.
Speaker 18: So we were camping ten years ago. We bought a camper toilet from Amazon, and we get up into the into the mountains and we build a little shelter for a toilet and we open it up and here.
Speaker 6: It was used.
Speaker 7: Oh you wirre.
Speaker 9: I told you they'll take anything back. Oh my god, Now are you sure someone didn't use it? And you didn't know? No, that's unbelievable.
Speaker 18: There, and we opened it up, and it's like, you've gotta be killed.
Speaker 6: Now, I have another question when you say used, Oh.
Speaker 9: Please, you could not get any more graphic? All right, I was going to sign a number to it. Well it's got to be number two.
Speaker 19: Yep, yep.
Speaker 9: Where did that ever come from?
Speaker 1: Anyway?
Speaker 9: Number one and number two I don't know, jeez.
Speaker 6: Anyway, the other day when I was at the station, doc was so disgusting. I think it was number three, but I'm not sure. But if there is such a thing, I'm just kidding. We got more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Three old heymes seven one three a two five five. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contenth time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three O three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three A two five five. Let's let's talk and see what's going on here. Now here's the deal, uh, Kevin, I uh, I want to talk to you basically about where I gotta find the text, all right, Kevin.
Speaker 9: When it comes to.
Speaker 6: Getting ready for winter, somebody wants to know about the the belts, and that that super belt whatever it's called.
Speaker 8: How do you know by visual?
Speaker 6: They don't want to just have to go to a shop every time, although I told them you'd do it free of you if they swung by, But can you visually look even though they were told that, even though it may not have any cracks or visible where that time can have its toll.
Speaker 8: So how do you know, well.
Speaker 7: Time I'll have it's told, but it's also it shows up visually. So yes to boss, I mean, I.
Speaker 6: Mean like, can it be appear to be fine and just old, then you should change it?
Speaker 7: Okay, now because you start getting cracking, they say six or seven cracks per ans or something in the in that belt is about time to change it, okay.
Speaker 9: So in other words, you just look and this with hoses, how.
Speaker 8: Do you tell?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 6: Don't you feel a hose as well as look at it?
Speaker 7: Absolutely, you look for soft spots. You know they'll have little aneurysms if you will in the hose and you can feel them.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 6: So so if you're if you're gonna feel your hose, you gotta make sure that they don't have soft spots or tears yea uh.
Speaker 7: Or sometimes you could feel and it kind of cracks when you squeeze it. So it's it's getting brittle as well.
Speaker 9: So the hose can be brittle.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you want it to feel like rubber. I mean you don't want it to have any any inconsistencies, all right.
Speaker 6: Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 9: That went right over everybody's head. But it's okay, No it didn't. Oh, I'm just it was just a very sad attempt.
Speaker 6: Oh, come on, and especially I shouldn't do it wearing this shirt.
Speaker 9: I mean, it's terrible. All right.
Speaker 6: Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Okay, let's talk to you about your problems, questions and complaints.
Speaker 9: Let me grab the callers here.
Speaker 6: And and they're they're really okay. There's really a lot going on with the solar thing, not just from this company, but bums in the solar business. So what I'm saying is we have a solar we have solar endorsements.
Speaker 9: For a reason, it was so.
Speaker 6: Difficult for us to get good solar people, and so you know, you know redrocksars dot com and then Probidenergy dot com.
Speaker 9: I just want to mention that.
Speaker 6: And by the way, while we're talking about solar, I found this out the other day and and I found this out from fix at twenty four to seven, from George the owner, and I found it out from Brook uh. George the owner of fix It and then Brook the owner of Red Rocks and pro Bid Energy told me, so, okay, you get a solar system. If you have a solar system, you're generating free electricity. You may as well take advantage of it and try to get as much on electric as you can, including your heat. So they have these hybrid furnaces now that do both gas and electric, and it'll go to electric when you have it, and then it goes to gas in case you didn't get sun or something like the best systems eight eight eight Heating dot Com does those, by the way, they do a great job with those high efficiency hybrid electric slash gas three oh three seven seven zero two seven seven six. That's eight eight eight Heating dot Com now speaking of solar. So we tried to get Kachina, We tried to get the best way on and they're not around. You left a message, Is that right? I think she's there, Kachina. I don't know she's in there. Is she hitting the mimosas? What did talk to about Sandy? Let's call you back when we can find out. We're gonna put someone on this. I'm gonna give this who.
Speaker 9: Did leave a message for best Way. Okay, I'm going to give this to us.
Speaker 6: Since he's here with me again, a deputy, a scrapper, I'm going to give this to him so he'll contact Kelly. What we're gonna do is try to get ahold of the best way and see what the.
Speaker 9: Hell are doing.
Speaker 6: And speaking of deputies, let's go to our chief deputy. I don't know why I'm calling him chief deputy. Maybe because he's a doc. Deputy doc?
Speaker 9: What is going on? You have a question?
Speaker 16: Yeah, hey, Tom, I just don't know who to take to a small claims cart? Where are my buddies? Got a ticket for parking in a no parking zone in my development. I went to the office to find out what was going on. Very response, not going to believe this, was we don't put up no parking zones because you're supposed to know that. You can only talk on the main streets and Matt the side streets. There's no good.
Speaker 6: Wait a minute, Wait a minute. Who told them that we don't put up no parking.
Speaker 16: They told me that they have do.
Speaker 6: It's a law even at private on private property, right mark, don't they have to post it?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 8: Yes, don't you remember we had that?
Speaker 9: I know what apartment complexes they do? This is crazy. What's the name of your place?
Speaker 19: Doc?
Speaker 9: What's the uh?
Speaker 16: T T A W A T E R S.
Speaker 9: Say the first party?
Speaker 19: Again?
Speaker 6: Have a T A V A teas and tom ta A T A V A.
Speaker 16: Do I uh do I SUV the uh the h O A or Tony company?
Speaker 9: Well, it'd be the towing company. Did they get it back?
Speaker 6: Well no, no, would it be the towing company or would it be the apartment complex?
Speaker 9: Mark, let's think about this. Well, who took the car?
Speaker 6: Yeah, but but.
Speaker 16: They put a boot on it?
Speaker 19: Yeah?
Speaker 16: So when when he got out of the house? When you know when he left?
Speaker 6: And is this the guy who lives there?
Speaker 16: No, no, it was one of my friends.
Speaker 8: That was oh okay.
Speaker 6: And and but where did he park? Did he park in an assigned spot and guest parking or where?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 16: Guess on the street?
Speaker 8: There was no wait, they.
Speaker 16: Said, there's no signage and just both Wait.
Speaker 6: Wait did you just say on the street?
Speaker 16: Yeah, you know, on the street.
Speaker 6: Wait a minute, Doc, did the apartment complex.
Speaker 2: Do the boot?
Speaker 16: They called it to it?
Speaker 6: How can they if it's on a public street?
Speaker 16: Well, that's why I'm calling you.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, there there's something weird. No no, this is a public street. We're not talking about inside your development.
Speaker 16: It's a street in the development.
Speaker 6: Then it's not a public street. Okay, here here, here's the answer. I just looked it up. All property must be posted if you're going to toe a car, all property, and it must be conspicuous.
Speaker 8: It must be conspicuous.
Speaker 6: I personally would go after the management company and the toe company both. It must be Are you sure there are no signs anywhere in the development. Now the sign can say the sign can say parking for residents only. It doesn't have to say no parking.
Speaker 16: There are no They told me there's no signage because they would have to put up too many signs, and that, well that's tough stuff.
Speaker 8: That's tough. And you know what I'm telling you. They're wrong.
Speaker 6: They're absolutely wrong. It must be signed. It must be signed. So I don't get it. Now, Wait a minute, Wait a minute, Wait a minute, wait a minute. Are you in the city of Denver, City and County? Okay, yep, must be now I think it's elsewhere too, but I know for sure it's city and County at Denver.
Speaker 9: We got more, We got our time. What Mark, I'm asking them what road was it?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 19: No?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 6: Oh you mean inside the development? Are you looking on Google? Yeah? All right, we got to take this break, though, we'll come right back with it. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one.
Speaker 9: Help.
Speaker 6: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Okay, let me get this uh, let me get this here. Okay, all right, so Deputy Doc, I'm not going back to but he's got a case here. I think Mark, you looked on Google? Did you find anything?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 17: No?
Speaker 9: What I'm trying to figure out is what street the guy parked on. I'm not so sure all these streets are part of the complex, That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Well, if they're not, it's a slam dunk, then then then he wins, hands down. But if it's part of the complex, it we're all either way, they have to be posted.
Speaker 9: Well, okay, So if it's a Denver city street, it's got to be posted for towing. Yes, okay, well then it's a slam dunk, yep.
Speaker 6: And then also the city streets and private part lets, everything where a towing is involved.
Speaker 8: Ross. What's happening?
Speaker 6: Let's talk to Kevin Calkin, our expert today shared an Auto Tech what's going on?
Speaker 23: Ross thirteen. I had it into Honda dealership since like one of the cylinders has only twenty five cush or whatever and they're recommending replacement.
Speaker 19: Engine.
Speaker 23: Used to say, yes, the question is.
Speaker 6: You're you're you're cutting you're cutting out bad right now. But okay, just just keV, we need to take this after the break and there's not much weekend you bro. I'm sorry because it's it's just yeah, it's just too much right now to get your voice and before the deadline.
Speaker 9: But we will come right back to you, So.
Speaker 6: Hang on right. I'm Tom Martine three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. It's car Friday, but we'll talk about anything you need help with.
Speaker 9: Stick around on the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 6: Go with a sure Thing Denver's Best rufer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contentha time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Rip of News.
Speaker 2: Need advice?
Speaker 1: Who you don't have?
Speaker 3: Run anxious as fast as the can.
Speaker 4: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 3: Come man, this is.
Speaker 5: The Troubleshooter Show. Now Tom Martine, Hi.
Speaker 6: Tom Martino here, three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Today's Friday, Car Friday. But you can call about anything you need help with, and we're here to help you. That's what we do each and every day, and let's what do you say? We go to the funds. We have Kevin talkin with us in the studio. We have some we have Deputy Bow in the studio. We have Mark and Sues in the studio, and I'm here at the at my home studio with Deputy Dimitri. We we have a whole host of people. I'm going to talk to Ross now. And he was ending that last hour and he was talking about his twenty thirteen Honda CRV might need an engine. So let's go there, Ross, why don't you talk about the situation? Go ahead.
Speaker 23: So the CRV that we have has low mileage about forty eight thousand, I'm sorry, seventy eight thousand. Took it to the dealership that tested one of the cylinders and said the compression was only twenty five percent.
Speaker 16: Should be Oh my gosh.
Speaker 6: Wait wait, how's it running? How's it running?
Speaker 16: Not good?
Speaker 23: That's why we took it in.
Speaker 6: Okay, got it, Okay, keep going.
Speaker 23: So the question is their options were a used engine for about eight thousand or a rebuilt engine for double that, and we're thinking maybe just trying to sell it. Is there a market for cars like that that need.
Speaker 6: I mean you mean with no, Let's take it one step at a time. First, is there a market for it? It depends if somebody what's the body like, what's the interior like?
Speaker 23: It's an almost excellent.
Speaker 6: Okay, somebody might want to put an engine? What did you say the Kevin? What do you what do you think those of those prices? I would never do a new engine, but a rebuilt what do you think a little tough?
Speaker 7: The problem with the used one? You're not going to find one with less miles than you have on the car. You know it's a ten year old car.
Speaker 6: How many miles sixty?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 6: Wait, wait, okay, so what do you mean, Kevin? You mean if he buys a used engine, it's going to have about, okay.
Speaker 7: The same or more miles than what he has. Now you know there's not.
Speaker 6: Going to if he rebuilt the one rebuilding the one in the car?
Speaker 7: Is that odd that it's it's you know that that he's having this problem with this mileage? You know I would definitely get a second opinion. We've had him where the valves are misadjusted, the valves hanging open and losing compression. A simple valve adjustment fixed it. Have they given you a definitive reason as to why the compression was low?
Speaker 19: I bet?
Speaker 23: Are you still on the phone?
Speaker 16: No, yes, uh yeah, I don't.
Speaker 23: I don't. My wife took it in, so sure, I don't know what the definitive reasons.
Speaker 6: Well, do you do you trust him? Do you trust the people? Let's start there.
Speaker 23: Yes, a smile high Honda.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but it's very, very odd a car with those miles high Honda.
Speaker 9: Okay, and have you been going there for a while? Yes, that sounds kind of high, even on that used engine though at eight thousand, I mean, the damn vehicle's worth about, you know, ten to twelve.
Speaker 7: Yeah, depending on the miles and the warranty you're getting, I mean you're probably I would say closer to five to six is probably a good good range for use.
Speaker 8: You're not gonna get much.
Speaker 6: You're not going to get much money for this car, you know, without Well.
Speaker 9: My point is so putting the money into it. I mean, at what point, I don't know, Kevin, At what point do you just say, hey, well, yeah, the car's not worth it.
Speaker 7: Well, but you know, when you go and look at and do it, and they're forty grand it's it just looks better and better all the time, you know, because in great shape. So I would get a second opinion because that's that's very low miles for an engine failure for that Honda.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so Kevin will give Will you give a second opinion on that cat?
Speaker 7: Absolutely?
Speaker 9: So why don't you try that?
Speaker 7: We're in liquid basically cold facts and Wadsworth, can you drive the car?
Speaker 23: I think drivable? I think the Manuel said not to go over fifty miles.
Speaker 7: If it was I would be I wouldn't drive it too much. Only you're gonna damage catalytic converters, everything else if you're going to keep it, because it's it's rough fuel coming through.
Speaker 6: But how much would have cost to get a tote over to you?
Speaker 7: You've probably one hundred hundred and fifty bucks to toe it.
Speaker 19: Okay, all right?
Speaker 6: And what's name is certainly it's certainly worth doing getting an opinion?
Speaker 9: What were you going to ask? I'm sorry.
Speaker 7: The name of the Kevin share it an auto tech?
Speaker 19: Okay, all right?
Speaker 23: Yeah, I just don't know if we want to. You know, if they said the rebuilt would go and be almost double, so even if you took six that's twelve thousand.
Speaker 9: That's too much.
Speaker 7: That's too much for that car. But yeah, you may not need a motor. I would look into it a little bit more.
Speaker 9: But I just want to say this in general, and then I want you to weigh in on it.
Speaker 6: Mark and Kevin. Okay, let's say you have an older car like this, but it's in pretty damn good shape and you can't afford a new car. You can't even afford you know, you know, and another used car would just be another used car. And you like this car. What would be wrong with investing some money in it and then having it, having it like, uh, you know, be buried a little, but you're going to keep it.
Speaker 9: What's wrong with that?
Speaker 7: I didn't there's anything wrong with it, you know, as long as you make you know, as long as you're happy with the car, who cares what it's worth?
Speaker 19: Well?
Speaker 9: I think at one point, maybe not in this case, but if the vehicle's worth ten thousand in the repairs or twelve, you'd be insane not just to buy a used one for ten thousand. That's running.
Speaker 6: But what makes you think if you could do a really good repair and get a really.
Speaker 7: Depends on so you get a ten thousand dollars used car and you buy a motor three months later than what Yeah, see that's what Martin mark.
Speaker 9: I mean in this case that shouldn't it be close to that?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Okay, but but you yeah, but then you know, however, well you're gonna have the line.
Speaker 9: Okay, the cars.
Speaker 7: I don't know it's more than dollars.
Speaker 8: No, look, good question.
Speaker 9: I don't know where the line is. I think you assess the tranny. You assent. A lot of it is budget oriented. I mean, really, you guys bring up a good thing if they don't want a car payment or whatever, but they do have cash out.
Speaker 7: Of pocket that insurance, license plates and everything.
Speaker 9: But Kevin needs to look at everything when he brings it over. I mean, think about this. How about you get over there. You put eight grand into it for an engine, and a month down the road you need to transmission. Then a month down the roads you need new cats. Then you need this, then you need that. I mean it used to get full eyeballs on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Jay has a comment on this. Go ahead, Jay, what do you think? Go ahead? Jay?
Speaker 19: All right?
Speaker 24: Yeah, that's pretty low mileage for that kind of problem. I would want to have somebody look at the valve train see if a camp follower it didn't come apart, or the timing somehow isn't where it needs to be. That's pretty low mileage. Honters are very, very reliable, and I would really want to have a good deputy.
Speaker 9: Same symptoms, Kevin.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, Yeah, he's got a valve hanging open, and that's why the compression's low.
Speaker 9: And that's how do you fixate. You just do a valve job only.
Speaker 7: Well, no, but I've seen him where the valve adjustment is so far off it's too tight, so it doesn't allow the valve to close all the way I got you, if it's not been properly maintained and valves adjusted and everything throughout its life.
Speaker 9: Let me tell you, guys, both the story. Kevin will remember this. But here's a really good reason Jay to actually get it over to Kevin for a second opinion. We had a dealership in Colorado or in Castle Rock. They actually said a diesel engine was one hundred percent shot. It was shot. The guy needed an engine, and they said it wasn't out a warranty or it wasn't covered by warranty because he didn't do the oil changes on time, even though it was under warranty. It got towed to another dealership because I kept telling them, get it somewhere else. This doesn't sound right. It was like a twenty twenty three f three point fifty diesel. Okay, And ultimately you know what it was, you remember.
Speaker 7: I forget, But they took care of it.
Speaker 9: They brought it to another dealership. The engine was completely fine. It was the flex plate on the transmission, in another word, and it was fully covered by warranty. So the dealership were just a bunch of ignorantuses. Hey, Mark, can you handle this break? I have to run for a second. Okay, got his pizza must be there. Don't lie to us more, coming right up.
Speaker 6: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real Estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino three three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five Okay, So I want to continue taking your calls, answer questions, take complaints, and let's.
Speaker 9: See we will what do we leave off with?
Speaker 6: I think we're starting new here, okay, because I think we just basically exhausted that engine thing with the twenty thirteen with possibility. So Pat has an issue with a dealership at twenty twenty three Chevy Colorado.
Speaker 8: Is that what you've bought.
Speaker 9: There or what's going on? What's going on?
Speaker 1: Pat?
Speaker 25: Good morning, sir? Yeah, I bought a brand new July first of twenty.
Speaker 6: Three, okay, And what's the issue?
Speaker 25: It's got a paint flaw in the driver's door, you know.
Speaker 9: What I I mean, what does that look like? Put some color on that.
Speaker 25: It's got four little specks under the paint on. Uh yeah, about six inches up from the door handle.
Speaker 9: You mean almost like they painted over something that wasn't sanded properly or what Yes, sir, that's just what.
Speaker 25: They acknowledged it as well.
Speaker 6: Let me ask you something here, what what are they refusing to fix it.
Speaker 25: No, they they had their collision guy was happened to be in there at the time, looked at it.
Speaker 6: It's on the driver's side door, Yes, sir, so.
Speaker 8: You see it every time you walk up, now, right, got it?
Speaker 25: Every I get it?
Speaker 19: Ye?
Speaker 6: Would I be able to notice it if I was walking up or is this something you have to know?
Speaker 7: Is there?
Speaker 20: No?
Speaker 25: You probably wouldn't.
Speaker 6: Okay, So anyway, keep going with what they're proposing, because cause unfortunately, when you buy stuff, you buy it under warranty and they fix it. Uh, there's but but I don't know where you're going with the story, So keep going. Uh.
Speaker 25: Their collision guy found a couple of more respects down on the rocker panel, and yes, they did offer. Well, yeah, we'll get it in and fix it. I went over to the dealer or to the fixed Gerber collision and uh, oh yeah, we'll blend it to the back door and blend it to the front fender. And you just, uh kind of wonder.
Speaker 8: When you said Gerber, is that the one they're using.
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 19: Y okay, Yeah, it's adjacent.
Speaker 25: To their lot.
Speaker 9: So you know, I think you need to let them try to fix it for you. Man, that's where you're going.
Speaker 8: That's exactly right.
Speaker 25: Well, do I don't want a carfax for a minor blemish?
Speaker 26: Do I?
Speaker 9: I don't think they share show on Carfax? Yeah, Carfax. A lot of people don't realize this car on that from insurance companies.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 6: But also sometimes dealers would report something if they wanted to warn others because of a warranty where where they excluded it from warranty or something, and they want to let you know it's not warranted anymore. But I will tell you that you're not going to have a problem there with that. But but let me just let me just address the elephant in the room. You bought a new twenty twenty three Chevy Colorado, and now you're thinking, I don't want it fixed, I want a new one.
Speaker 8: Is that what you're thinking? I mean, let's get right out with it.
Speaker 25: Is that what you're okay?
Speaker 19: Beautiful?
Speaker 9: Oh good?
Speaker 8: Because some people some people are like that.
Speaker 6: It's like, I don't you know, I didn't buy something to be fixed, to be repainted, you know, I bought it to to be new. But but I would say body shops are pretty good nowadays, they really are. And at least you give him a chance to see and if they screw it up, then then you, uh you got something.
Speaker 3: To go on.
Speaker 16: Well I suppose, but uh yeah, I just I decided.
Speaker 25: I'd wait for a hailstorm or something later down the road and get it.
Speaker 9: Oh you're not gonna do it?
Speaker 27: Then, No, I don't.
Speaker 9: I don't think a hailstorm is going to fix that.
Speaker 8: Man, bro he's meaning, he means not TI.
Speaker 9: I'm saying, is hail damage where he said that those areas are. I don't know why anybody repairing hail damage on the hood or the roof or anything would be down by the rocker panel, for example. It's gonna cost you money out of pocket at that point.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but I think what he's go aheads.
Speaker 25: And that's fine.
Speaker 19: Yeah. I just don't want to mess with it.
Speaker 25: Okay, it the last one, the last Colorado I had. I drove for twenty years.
Speaker 6: May I ask you something? If you don't want to mess with it, why did you call? I'm just curious. What were you wanted to know about?
Speaker 25: I struck a deal with the new car sales manager. I just I just wanted a little bit of cash. Sixteen hundred bucks is what we settled on he offered a thousand.
Speaker 6: Oh you mean like like like a sight allowance they pay me to go away.
Speaker 9: Yeah, no, it's what is called man.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, it's really good. But if you settled on sixteen hundred, are you calling just to see what we think about that?
Speaker 25: Noh, we settled for the sixteen hundred and the nine hundred or the smart shield whatever that I paid for that.
Speaker 19: I can't youse.
Speaker 9: What is a smart shield?
Speaker 19: Oh?
Speaker 1: You mean that.
Speaker 11: Sort of mocking glove on the paint?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that that's ridiculous. Yeah, so are you going to get a refund on that?
Speaker 9: I love when people buy stuff or when people sell stuff. No one really knows what it is. I mean, they have no idea. It's a smart shutter. Okay, how much is that? So let me kimmy.
Speaker 6: I asked you something, sir? Are you asking if you made a good deal? So you got a refund on the paint protecting and you're getting sixteen hundred in cash?
Speaker 19: Is that right?
Speaker 25: That was the agreement that we struck and uh, a couple of weeks past, I called he doesn't work there anymore?
Speaker 9: So were they saying they're not going to give it to you.
Speaker 25: Well, they sent me to their new new car sales manager, and who happens who happens to be the same salesman that sold me the truck, and they don't answer calls or text mess.
Speaker 9: All right, Bo, give him a call. Do you have anything in writing or an email saying they were going to do this deal?
Speaker 19: No? I don't, I don't.
Speaker 6: I think I think it's a great idea, and you should. We should call over there and talk to the new guy.
Speaker 9: Well, I would forget them. I don't know, Kelly, grab info. Let's try to get the guy to come on and talk.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're gonna call right now. You can first, we'll try that, but then I want to give it to Bo. All right, Now, let's uh, while we're here, let's see who else do we have here? We have John, who has a question on a sixty six forward?
Speaker 9: John, go ahead, what's happening? What's going on?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 28: I tell you guys all the time, I love your card.
Speaker 19: Is it's fantastic. I'm looking next.
Speaker 28: Weekend to pick up a nineteen sixty six Ford F one hundred. I tell you guys all the time about car stuff. So I'm just wondering, like, my dad drove this truck. It's been my dream truck since he's passed away, of getting another one of these. The guy started a restoration process. He's not quite finished with it. He's done new breaks, new windshields, cleaned out the fuel system, new fuel pump.
Speaker 19: Cleaned up a gas tank.
Speaker 28: I'm just curious what should I look at when getting this to make sure I do it and fix it right and keep it running.
Speaker 19: For the rest of its life.
Speaker 7: Is he working on the body at all? Or is the body in good shape?
Speaker 19: The body's in fairly decent shape.
Speaker 28: It's got the patina paint job. It's got a couple of small dents and one on the passenger side. But I'm not worried about the body. It's more of the engine. It's the three fifty two VA. It's got a four belt carborator.
Speaker 19: He says.
Speaker 7: It drives really well, a little load.
Speaker 28: Up, a little bit on the freeway. It's got the four speed transmission. So you know, as I start my restoration on it, what should I what should I get on that?
Speaker 7: Well, it seems like he's got a good start on if he flushed the fuel system, the brakes, and everything else. That's where you start on these. So I mean, you get a really good start back driving it, you'll be able to tell more, you know, whether you need to rebuild carburetor or you know, any kind of engine work, I mean, any idea of mileage or anything on it, or anything done to the motor.
Speaker 28: He's not sure the motor is all original. There's no no changes on the motor. From what I've been told. He's changed the jets out on the carb but he thinks the needs a rebuild. That's kind of where he's leading off, sir. So that's kind of where.
Speaker 19: I'm picking it up.
Speaker 9: Would it be better to convert it to I mean, if this guy wants it original, I get that, But would it be better to convert it to fuel injection?
Speaker 7: If you get someone knows how to rebuild a carburetor, carburetor's fine, Yeah, I mean, if you have an opportunity, I would do a compression test on it. That's the only concern I would have.
Speaker 28: Working on carburetors.
Speaker 9: Since I was nine years old, I've been what what color is it?
Speaker 28: It's that robins a baby blue color?
Speaker 8: Ah, I just posted a red one. I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: I I was trying to guess it was gonna be read. But anyway, that's what it looks like. Those are cool body styles.
Speaker 7: Yeah it is, ye an, it all solid killer.
Speaker 15: It's all solid killer.
Speaker 19: Nice.
Speaker 9: Interesting.
Speaker 28: Well, I'll look at the carb for sure.
Speaker 19: Yeah.
Speaker 7: No, I would do a compression test. That's the only concern I would have.
Speaker 19: How much?
Speaker 9: How much are you going to pay for it?
Speaker 19: Oh?
Speaker 28: I'm actually trading a fore Runner for it, So an older fore Runner?
Speaker 6: Are you gonna are you well the fur Runner last longer? Are you going to like restore it or is it restored?
Speaker 28: It's it's the restoration started. The body definitely needs new paint, needs a new interior, but the engine and everything looks really good on it. So that's kind of where I.
Speaker 19: Was picking it up.
Speaker 28: And like I said, my dad had that truck. I loved that truck when I was growing up, and I wanted to get one in it. So that's why I want it.
Speaker 19: And I hardly drive. I have a work.
Speaker 28: Vehicle that puts ninety nine percent of my miles on it, so I only drive about one hundred miles a months.
Speaker 6: Very cool, man, I mean, hey, you know, more power to you. I love that kind of stuff three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. All right, so, uh, I want to tell you that one clear Choice garage door speaking of cars will come out and do inspections in garage or they come out twenty four to seven if you have a problem. They're great people for not just openers, but doors themselves. A lot of people don't know that. And uh, these guys are great for service. And I use them all the time, well not all the time, but when I need them. One clear Choice Doors dot Com seven two zero three seven zero thirty nine eighty seven. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Tom Martine, Hey, Mark, you brought something up that I hadn't thought about in a while. But you said, if Pizza, oh, if Diddy, if p Diddy has something, uh has something to do with Clinton, then P Diddy's gonna end up dead too.
Speaker 8: You're right about.
Speaker 9: Epstein's on suicide watch. Remember Epstein like apparently killed himself. How many people didn't somebody to study when people have got to remember exactly the circumstance too. The circumstance was somehow the cameras got turned off while it happened, and somehow he got a hold of a belt which he never should have had. I mean, it was the craziest cover up ever. And now P Diddy apparently is on suicide watch. And the only and what I said, Tom was you know if Clinton was ever over to P Diddy's mansion like he went to Epstein's eye, Yeah, yeah, yeah, He's going to be taken out.
Speaker 6: Soon now because somebody did a I remember somebody did a study one time of all the people involved with the Clintons over the years in controversies that ended up dead.
Speaker 9: Do you remember that? What do you think's going on with Trump right now? That they're taking so many potshots at him?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 9: You don't think this has didn't you hear what Hillary said the other day, He's like, oh, we've got to eradicate him or something like that. I'm paraphrazy.
Speaker 6: Well I'm not, okay, but do you remember, like the guy in the park that committed suicide, that was involved in one of their controversies or scandals, and.
Speaker 8: And somebody look it up because.
Speaker 6: I remember reading the Clinton scandals, the Clinton scandals and suicides and and and almost everyone involved in Clinton scandals had a problem with well, not a problem with suicide. They was they were dead, they're dead.
Speaker 9: Some of them had some of them had carra Yeah, there's a lot of different ones. I'm looking. A guy actually did some kind of chronicle on it named Larry Nichols. I might go watch it now.
Speaker 6: Now, Pat, is this the one with the silver the Colorado the paint job?
Speaker 19: Is this?
Speaker 6: Kachina saying she spoke to the sales manager. Yes, okay, Kachina, you spoke to the sales manager at Mike Maroney Chevrolet where he bought it.
Speaker 29: I did.
Speaker 9: And what did they say?
Speaker 25: He wouldn't come on the air, but he basically offered to me directly with Pat to discuss it.
Speaker 8: Yes, to make an appointment with him.
Speaker 6: Well that could be good, yeah, Pat, You know, Maroney's not a bad outfit.
Speaker 9: We don't give many calls on him at all.
Speaker 19: Man.
Speaker 6: No, So if I were you, i'd call over there to the guy. His name is Peter and and you know, remind him that we just talked.
Speaker 9: Okay, Yeah, call there right now, ask for Peter Man. She just got off with him. Literally, good job.
Speaker 6: Very good.
Speaker 25: Yeah, he's the guy that I've been texting and trying to call.
Speaker 6: But uh, do me a favor, call him and call us back and see if you know what what what.
Speaker 8: The reception you got?
Speaker 19: Okay, do it?
Speaker 6: Three oh three seven one three talk seven one.
Speaker 8: Three eight two five five. Levi, what's going on?
Speaker 6: Levi?
Speaker 9: You're calling for a friend?
Speaker 19: Levi?
Speaker 16: Yes, Hello, what's going on?
Speaker 23: So?
Speaker 15: Yes, So, my friend she had bought a car twenty ten gmc Acadia for eight thousand dollars with a little over twenty one and twenty three thousand miles on it in relatively good conditions, and so she took it to a mechanic to get it looked at.
Speaker 8: After she bought it, or before she bought it.
Speaker 20: After she bought it, okay, And so the end of the story, she thinks that her mechanics messed up.
Speaker 6: Promoter, Oh jeez, why did she take it to him to begin with?
Speaker 15: So it was stopping every now and then her car, and so she wanted.
Speaker 8: Ticking like it was stalling.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I think that's what it is.
Speaker 8: Okay, And how does she think he messed it up?
Speaker 15: So one of the things that she had noticed was kind of the car mileage originally started at one twenty three thousand. When she got it back, it was over two hundred thousand.
Speaker 6: Wait wait, wait for wait, wait, wait from what to what? From what mileage to what?
Speaker 9: Mileage?
Speaker 15: One only three thousand to two hundred thousand?
Speaker 6: Now, how long did he have the car? Two or three years or what? What are we talking about?
Speaker 15: So she she said she had he had it for around two weeks.
Speaker 9: Well, there's no way you can put that many miles on in two weeks.
Speaker 15: Yeah, and so that that's kind of what she's well.
Speaker 9: Even I don't even understand this.
Speaker 6: There's no way seventy thousand, eighty thousand miles what is the seventy seven thousand miles were put on in two weeks?
Speaker 15: Yes, and that's that's what she's kind of works.
Speaker 9: Well, guys, what do you think is going on?
Speaker 6: Seriously?
Speaker 21: Did I have no control model?
Speaker 9: What's that?
Speaker 30: Did he replace the engine control module? Do you know the nature of the repair that the car?
Speaker 6: Why? What would that do?
Speaker 30: The engine used a used engine control module. It will have the previous cars miles programmed into it or just.
Speaker 7: Not programmed properly.
Speaker 8: Wait wait wait could that have ken?
Speaker 7: It's possible, sure, depending on what components he swapped.
Speaker 9: Yes, Uh, Deputy d' you're tricking me. I didn't know you knew about cars.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, okay, so that's a possibility, Kevin, Could you tell what's going on here? Obviously there wasn't seventy seven thousand miles.
Speaker 7: Putting in the car. You'd have to get history. What did they do? What did they replaced?
Speaker 6: They?
Speaker 8: Did the mechanic charge her for anything?
Speaker 15: So no, so he did not charge her for anything.
Speaker 31: But he had like an invoice of I think it was roughly a little over six thousand dollars for.
Speaker 3: Cards.
Speaker 6: Wait a minute, Wait a minute, Wait a minute, wait a minute. He fixed her car that she just bought for eight grand and charged her six grand.
Speaker 15: So she hasn't paid the money.
Speaker 8: But what did he say?
Speaker 6: I put six thousand dollars worth of parts in your car?
Speaker 15: I think it's more he did a estimate what it is?
Speaker 6: Okay, so LEVI he is saying to her to fix it. It's gonna take six grand.
Speaker 19: Pretty much.
Speaker 8: Yes, she but is the car.
Speaker 6: Still stalling since she got it back or did she not go ahead?
Speaker 15: So it's worse off than she initially set it off for and so she pad actually go and get the car? Get it, toad, and she is back at her house.
Speaker 6: Now, Okay, you need to take it over to Kevin, because really this doesn't make sense. A mechanic in two weeks cannot do this much trouble and he can't put There's no way that that many miles were put on it? Was the odometer correct? Does how does she know she had one hundred and twenty three thousand miles on it?
Speaker 31: I guess in the the information of which she bought it.
Speaker 6: But did the odometer did the odometer sync with what was said on the odometer statement? Did she actually look at her odometer to see that there were one hundred and twenty three thousand miles on it when she dropped it off and then Kevin correct me if I'm wrong. Do mechanics usually write down the odometer when you drop a car off?
Speaker 7: We we actually take pictures and post them with the invoice.
Speaker 8: LEVI, we need to talk to her directly.
Speaker 7: Yeah, estimate habit milads on there for the vehicle?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Does does the initial drop off have a mileage on it?
Speaker 15: I'm not sure that I could definitely have.
Speaker 6: Her Okay, have her call it. We would love to talk to her now that we know the basics. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three A two five five go with a sure thing Denvers Best Roofer, Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Wait time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one.
Speaker 9: Help.
Speaker 6: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talk three O three seven one three eight two five five. All right, let me get to these and uh and we're we're having a lot of good car calls today, which is really good. But this one is not about cars. Go ahead, Daryl. I'm gonna probably have Mark answer this.
Speaker 9: Go ahead, Darryl.
Speaker 27: Okay. So I've never heard this question be opposed, and I, God forbid, I hope nothing ever happened.
Speaker 14: But if Trump was to be either killed.
Speaker 27: Or wounded, where he wouldn't be the candidate, it would be the candidate.
Speaker 6: You know what I thought about that yesterday. I swear to God, I was thinking about that. I said, they're so hell bent on killing him. And I thought, and I say they, I don't mean, you know, necessarily opponents. But here's the deal. I don't know who would be candidate if he was killed. Everyone would assume it would be advanced, but I don't think so.
Speaker 8: I don't.
Speaker 6: I think they'd have an emergency convention or something. I don't know, Mark, if you haven't.
Speaker 9: I don't know how that would work, man, I really don't. I guess it would all be on how much time before the election.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's never happened in history, right, I don't think so I want to ask Chad. I don't know if Chad's going to answer this or not. Anyway, what uh yeah, I mean, like I said, everybody talks about it, and it's it's it's you know, it's a trying to do what's happening.
Speaker 27: And then yeah, I was.
Speaker 16: I thought it out yesterday too, so I guess great mind.
Speaker 9: You know what's crazy is how normalized it is now. I mean, this second time they tried to kill him. The guy's hanging out at his golf course once again, the authorities something happened. I don't care what anybody says, but like, you don't even really hear about it on the news. The next day, Clinton's opening her big mouth about how he needs to be taken care of or whatever. But it really so the third time, like I don't even think hell, at some point Fox News won't even report out it. It's they've just desensitized us to him.
Speaker 6: If a nominated candidate for president dies before the general election, the process for replacing the candidate is typically handled by the political party who nominated him them the party would follow its own rules. The Democratic Party, the National Committee would convene to select a replacement. The DNC's rules give authority to the Committee to do it. They do not. They can hold a new convention or simply.
Speaker 8: Select a replacement.
Speaker 6: Now the Republican Party would take a similar approach. So what they're saying is the National Committee of the party would select someone or they would have another convention.
Speaker 16: So basically, just like they did with Cabelia, they just.
Speaker 27: Put her in Biden's spot.
Speaker 28: They just put her there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well with Kamala, that's exactly what they did. They what they did was they the committee selected her.
Speaker 9: But he was a little further because he wasn't dead. Biden actually gave her his disaminations.
Speaker 8: I understand that.
Speaker 9: But the committee could have still voted.
Speaker 6: To have an election, you know, I mean, like not a primary, but a convention. Uh. Again, So we have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show three oh three seven to one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Stick around and you will have more show on car Day.
Speaker 9: So stick around.
Speaker 6: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real estate Man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped.
Speaker 2: News mean ad, that's who.
Speaker 3: You don't have? Come running just as nass.
Speaker 2: As we can.
Speaker 4: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 3: Come man, This.
Speaker 9: Is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 5: No Tom Martino, Hi Tom Martino here three all three seven one three talk seven one three eight.
Speaker 8: Two five five.
Speaker 6: We're solving problems, answering questions, taking complaints of making your life just a little easier. All you have to do is call us. We're happy to do what we can do for you anytime. So it's car Day and we have Kevin Colkin in the studio with us from Sheridan Auto Tech dot com. And this hour brought to you by Frank Randereal Estate Man dot Com. You know, I'm to god. We had two neighbors, one used Frank, one didn't. One house sat and sat and sat hardly showings. Frank's sold within three days. That is such a true story. In fact, they were family members. One was using a friend, the other one used Frank. True story. I mean, I can tell you this goes on and on and on and on. We have another neighbor now selling a house, still sitting there, not one showing, we said, Frank durand the real estate man. But you know what, these people, here's what happens. People have people who have people who know people who know people. Right. It happens not just by the way, with real estate people. It happens with mechanics, It happens with lawyers, it happens with investment advisors. Well, I know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy, or my next door neighbors, second cousin's best friend, you know. And yes, sometimes knowing people helps a little, or having connections. But I you gotta go buy reputation anyway. Frank rand the real estate man dot com three or three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Rachel's calling Rachel's the one who leaves I called earlier friend.
Speaker 9: And we were a little confused about the whole thing.
Speaker 6: But he said, you had a problem with her car, and I just want to get to that right now, and so let's talk to let's talk about this Honda CRB. Rachel, you think the mechanic messed up your car? Okay, and will go ahead.
Speaker 9: And you said you brought well, here's what I don't understand.
Speaker 6: You brought your twenty ten gmc arcadie excuse me, a kadia into this guy with one hundred and twenty three thousand miles, and when you got it back, it had an it had it seventy seven thousand more on it.
Speaker 32: It went over the two hundred miles.
Speaker 11: It said two.
Speaker 6: Well, do the math, Okay, then do the math whatever the math is.
Speaker 32: Yeah, it put I'm like, how could that happen?
Speaker 9: And I just bought this How many miles is it?
Speaker 19: Though?
Speaker 9: Is it hundreds or like thirty?
Speaker 6: No, she said two hundred thousand over two hundred thousand miles.
Speaker 9: That's not what she's saying.
Speaker 32: Hundred Wait, no, yes, it went over the two hundred thousand miles.
Speaker 9: Yes what she said, Mark what No, she's saying her adometer rolled over two hundred thousand miles. I'm asking, was it it one hundred and ninety nine thousand. No, it was that one hundred and twenty three thousand, she said, right, Rachel, Yes, so so do the math.
Speaker 6: You're saying he put eighty thousand miles on it?
Speaker 32: Yes, he put at least eighty thousand or above.
Speaker 6: Well, that's impossible though, in two weeks and two weeks.
Speaker 9: Lit'sen to the math.
Speaker 8: Listen to the math.
Speaker 6: If he drove seven days a week in two weeks, fourteen days, two hundred thousand miles, folks, do the math.
Speaker 9: It's impossible.
Speaker 6: No, not two hundred thousand. I mean eighty thousand miles in two weeks. Yes, okay, wow. And he had to have driven every day, and he would have put on five thousand, seven hundred miles every single day. Do you really believe he did that?
Speaker 32: I don't know what he'd done.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm just joshing it. Are you sure? Are you absolutely positive? It had one hundred and twenty three thousand miles on it?
Speaker 32: When I went back it had over the two hundred.
Speaker 6: I'm not asking that, I'm asking when you dropped it off? Did you actually go ahead?
Speaker 32: But I dropped it off, it had thank one hundred a little above over hundred and twenty three one thousand miles and you.
Speaker 6: Looked at the odometer to verify that? Or are you going by your purchase documents?
Speaker 32: No, no, I'm glad by my purchased document. But I only had the car for three months a night and go out of town with it.
Speaker 8: I get it.
Speaker 6: But here's what I'm asking because this is is it possible that your purchase document said it had one hundred and twenty three thousand miles on it, but it actually had more?
Speaker 9: But you never really looked at the odometer.
Speaker 32: No, no, it didn't have more. I looked at to a dometer because I also took it to get another inspection. I have the inspection from where I bought it, and I also took it to get another inspection.
Speaker 6: On my own. And when you took it before you bought it, did you take it to get an inspection?
Speaker 19: I did.
Speaker 9: Let's grab it's let's grab her VIN number. I'm going to run a car fax on it. Let's do that.
Speaker 6: Yep, let's do that. Okay, hold on, okay, Rachel. So, Rachel, are you so you're saying the guy ruined your engine?
Speaker 15: Basically she's done something?
Speaker 8: To my end, did you talk to him about it.
Speaker 15: I told him, I.
Speaker 32: Said, welcome it. It only had a little above once.
Speaker 16: Say, well, he didn't.
Speaker 32: He just took his head that he didn't know. He just put his shoulders up and put down.
Speaker 6: There's no way, there is no way. There is no way he put the mileage.
Speaker 9: I might have reacted that same way if you told me I put eighty thousand miles on your car in two weeks. There's no way. How do you even argue with that? There's no way, no way, I know.
Speaker 32: And then he had another GMC truck working on it too in his garage.
Speaker 9: Oh maybe he switched switch swapped the same one you had.
Speaker 16: He had a he had another.
Speaker 32: I have pictures of it.
Speaker 6: Is it the same color the other GMC?
Speaker 9: Let's get her Vin number, get let's let's pick this up after I run.
Speaker 6: It put Let's put her on hold three all three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five hold on now let me see. Now it's Marvin's turn. Marvin, what's going on?
Speaker 27: He ain't doing good? Get glad to take give me through your time. I had something. Finally, you got to go on vacation a couple of weeks ago and we called Expedia to set everything up and everything looked good. This was, you know, months ago.
Speaker 6: To get what did you set up? I need to know what you set up with Expedia? What did you do?
Speaker 19: Flight?
Speaker 27: A flight from Denver to Cosmel and Cosmo back to Denver.
Speaker 6: Okay, so you booked a round trip, yes, and you did it through Expedia?
Speaker 19: Correct?
Speaker 8: Okay, got it? What happened?
Speaker 27: We got to the airport and just before we boarded the plane, the lady said that we don't have a way to get back and and what we said, what would This is all set up like six months ago? And she said, yeah, American Airlines canceled your flight back from Cosmeo to back to Dallas. That's been canceled.
Speaker 8: Wait, wait, what do you mean?
Speaker 6: What do they mean? What do you mean they so they're the ones but so so Expedia booked it for you. But but you're saying that the airline canceled it.
Speaker 16: Correct.
Speaker 6: Why did the airline cancel it?
Speaker 27: They had some type of flaw.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 27: I didn't go into the details to find out why, but there was the reason. I think they didn't have enough people flying back or something.
Speaker 6: Okay, So what is that? So what happened? What happened?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 27: We we boarded our plane to Houston, I mean to Dallas, sorry to Dallas. And then from Dallas we went to Cosmel and at Cosmel we've done on the phone making more halls to get a trip, a flight to get back, and uh the fins United got us a flight back to Houston and then from Houston to Denver.
Speaker 6: Okay, if United got you a flight back, did they charge you again?
Speaker 27: Yeah, we didn't. We had to get that flight back on.
Speaker 9: Our own because the original American.
Speaker 6: Oh wait, the original one was American?
Speaker 19: Yes, oh it was.
Speaker 9: So basically, they need to refund you or Expedia?
Speaker 6: Yeah, so are you going to get a refund because the American canceled the flight?
Speaker 27: Yeah, and now American canceled the flight and they don't have my information. So they contacted Expedia and told Expedia that the flight was canceled. And that was, you know, like four months ago, and so Expedia didn't contact us to let us know that the flight coming back was canceled.
Speaker 6: No, I get it, I get all that, But now let's talk about today. Is Expedia willing Is Expedia willing to refund that part of the trip to you.
Speaker 27: Partially they want to get back. Uh let's I haven't written down, but two hundred and eight dollars per person back.
Speaker 9: Okay, well, well, hold on, hold on, bro hold on you.
Speaker 6: I hope you took it.
Speaker 27: The money, yeah, I didn't touch it yet.
Speaker 6: It's it's being sent, okay, Marvin, Marvin, Xpedia is refunding to you what it costs them or what it cost you originally.
Speaker 8: You want them to refund.
Speaker 6: What it actually cost you for that last minute ticket? Is that right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 27: Because there it's their fault for not contacting us or they didn't make any attempt to get another flight for us. We had to wait till the last second to get it.
Speaker 6: I don't think it's their fault. I think it's American Airline's fault.
Speaker 27: Well, American Airlines notify four months ago.
Speaker 8: Four months ago.
Speaker 6: Oh wait a minute, I didn't know that.
Speaker 8: Holy crap.
Speaker 27: The whole thing was set up. The date.
Speaker 6: No, no, you don't.
Speaker 8: You don't have to give me dates. You don't have to give me dates.
Speaker 9: Now, I understand.
Speaker 6: I understand why you're upset with Expedia, Kate.
Speaker 27: That was set up months ago.
Speaker 6: Okay, does Expedia take responsibility for the delay or for not the delay, for never notifying you. Do they take responsibility?
Speaker 27: They didn't. I didn't. They didn't give me an answer to that.
Speaker 6: Hey, Mark, Mark, Mark, I want to I want to talk to Mark about this.
Speaker 9: Mark.
Speaker 6: When I booked through Expedia, the airlines commuted communicated directly with.
Speaker 8: Me about delays.
Speaker 6: So why did you not get communicated with directly by the airline.
Speaker 27: Because the airline didn't make the flight with me the flight they made the flight.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 9: Sorry, that's generally not the way it works.
Speaker 8: No, that's not the way.
Speaker 6: I'll tell you personal experience. I always book through Expedia. Once I make that reservation with Expedia, every single note on that flight is sent to me directly from the airline. I'm telling you absolutely positively. In fact, I just booked flights for me and my daughter, and I booked flights for my son somewhere else, and I booked it through Expedia, and I am getting notes on that every time there's a change or a notation. I'm telling you that that even get ready for your flight or.
Speaker 8: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 6: And Marvin, I here's what I think. I think that this is my hunch that American Airline did communicate with you, okay, because we got nothing.
Speaker 27: I've got all the stuff on the computer nerds, the printed up that.
Speaker 6: Is now, I'm not talking about printed up either yourself. Either you got texts or you got emails. Now listen, you might be the one that app but that slipped through the cracks, But I doubt it, Marvin, or accidentally put in the wrong email or something.
Speaker 8: Marvin, Marvin, I promise you.
Speaker 6: I have made so many flights through Expedia, but I don't know.
Speaker 27: This is a surprise to me too. That's why I was wondering what happened here, because we never got any notifications.
Speaker 9: But they did. Did they refund your stuff?
Speaker 19: No?
Speaker 6: They gave him two hundred dollars a ticket. Well how much did he pay for the ticket?
Speaker 8: About that?
Speaker 6: They're refunding his ticket, But what he wants is how much it cost him for the last minute trip home?
Speaker 9: You know, I take him the small claims why not? Why the hell not?
Speaker 6: And what claim they never notified him?
Speaker 9: No claim they owe that.
Speaker 6: No, it doesn't even.
Speaker 9: Matter about the notification. He had to make it at the last minute. I wouldn't even bring up Mark the LACKLST notification.
Speaker 6: Mark, listen, I think you heard the whole thing. Okay, four months ago. I heard that the cancelation was made. Yeah, if they notified him four months in advance. If they did that, your flight home is canceled. He could have made arrangements four months ago.
Speaker 9: I understand. But you're totally missing what I'm saying. If he files, how much are you looking for? What's the difference between the last minute and the original how much?
Speaker 8: Let's let's come back.
Speaker 6: Hold on, let's come back and talk about this and find what is exactly the difference between what they're offering and what you paid.
Speaker 8: We got more coming right up.
Speaker 6: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Ali, Tom Marsino here three oh three seven to one three talks seven one three eight two five five. All right, so, uh, what's going on? Let's go back to the phones. Mark, you were asking a question of this caller and you wanted to know the difference, and I do too, So let's talk about that. You have you booked with Expedia four months before you left. One of the legs of the flight was canceled back home, and that costs you a lot of money because you had to buy a last minute ticket. They never notified you. You say they didn't. And Marvin, what is the difference from the they want a refund two hundred per person?
Speaker 8: What did you have to pay to get home.
Speaker 19: Because of the whole thing?
Speaker 27: I had to buy another night at the hotel.
Speaker 6: Now, no, no, we're not going to get into that right now. I need to know the plane ticket. It's not going to be a candy store.
Speaker 8: Okay.
Speaker 6: How much was the plane ticket going home?
Speaker 27: One thousand, one thirty two dollars and ninety four cents.
Speaker 6: Each total, And the total they're refunding is about four hundred give or take four hundred and sixteen eighty Okay, so you so there's a difference of about six hundred bucks. Now, Mark, what were you going to say there's a difference of about six hundred.
Speaker 9: Well, I'd take them the small claims court, and my whole purpose here I would actually pay at another couple hundred bucks for the hotel night as well. But they're not going to hire an attorney and show up at small claims Court twice, one for the mediation and then one for the actual court case. Over one thousand bucks. It's going to cost him a couple grand just even do that. So I think you're going to get paid before you even show up for mediation.
Speaker 27: That's right, I thought, because i'd have to pay lose lose a day's day also.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I just want to warn you. Okay, I agree with what Marcus saying, but I want to warn you on something. They can bust it up to a higher court just to discourage you.
Speaker 9: No, they're not going to be able to do that. Why because his only claim is going to be breach of contract. The only way they're going to be able to bring it up to a different court is if you go over the seventy five hundred dollars threshold or if you're quoting some kind of federal law.
Speaker 6: Now, Marvin, here's the deal. Yep, I I really think Now I'm not. I still think you'll win. As I said, I agree with Mark, but I really believe they did contact.
Speaker 8: It would be it would be.
Speaker 6: Outrageously unusual that that airline did not contact you or your wife four months ago. Every single time, I mean, I get little messages like your flight's coming up. Do you know how weird it would be. Listen to this. If Expedia booked flights and then had to relay messages between the people and the airlines, it would never happen. So anyway, good luck on your quest. Let us please call us back and let us know what happens. Okay, Now, Mark, did you do that car fact she had on her car?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm trying to figure out out.
Speaker 6: We're trying to figure out she said the mechanic put eighty thousand miles on her car in two weeks. We think it's impossible. But Deputy d did find where it was sold at auction, and he said when it was sold at auction, it did have well, just sum it up, you say it did have one hundred thousand miles on it.
Speaker 30: Yeah, I just did the conversion that from kilometers to miles. So in September of last year, it sold it a dealer auction in Brighton, Colorado, and it had one hundred little over one hundred and twenty two thousand miles on it a year ago.
Speaker 9: See, but I'm showing in Nebraska July thirty, first of twenty three, it had one hundred and twenty three thousand, four hundred and eighty five.
Speaker 21: That's consistent.
Speaker 9: Well, that's consistent, right, Yeah, I mean, I just I have no idea. There's one thing I do know is the dude didn't drive it eighty thousand miles. I don't care what anybody says.
Speaker 6: That's what happened. I think. I mean, he didn't do any repairs. He just did an estimate.
Speaker 9: So I don't.
Speaker 8: I have no idea what happened. I have no idea.
Speaker 9: I wonder once again though, if she is hitting the kilometer button or he did on her dash, Oh, what.
Speaker 6: A good idea.
Speaker 9: Now where'd you get that? That?
Speaker 6: That's a that's a good possibility. Where'd you hear that? Did you just think of that?
Speaker 9: Actually? Kevin and I were talking about that.
Speaker 8: Hey, Rachel. Rachel, this is a digital display, right, I'm.
Speaker 32: Not understanding that did.
Speaker 9: Okay on your O dometer? I just want to ask this.
Speaker 6: Then, on your O dometer, can you switch between kilometers and miles? I don't think, well, what's what's what's the conversion on those?
Speaker 9: I haven't done the math yet.
Speaker 15: Two hundred thousand kilometers is one hundred and twenty four thousand miles.
Speaker 6: That's exactly what happened. That's exactly what happened. And then that's why that's exactly what happened.
Speaker 32: When I told him about it, he act like he didn't know. I told him, I'm gonna go get somebody to come and get my car.
Speaker 19: So I went.
Speaker 6: Because he thought you were not, he turned off.
Speaker 32: He turned it off completely to where I told the guy that went with me to get the car to check the mileage, and he couldn't check it because the place I left it at they turned off the domino where I couldn't read the migage.
Speaker 6: No more, you still can't, Rachel, You still can, Rachel.
Speaker 32: I don't know what he did. Then I'm gonna have to get somebody to come and try to turn it on.
Speaker 6: To where Rachel would you do me a favor? Just get it checked out by a mechanic. Can you still drive it? Can you still drive it?
Speaker 32: I can't really drive it?
Speaker 6: But I wait, wait, what do you mean you can't? What do you mean you can't really drive it?
Speaker 32: It's not really it'll move a little bit, but I think it's going to leave me if I try to drive it, maybe a mile or two, it'll price stop.
Speaker 6: Rachel, I don't believe. I don't believe this mechanic did anything. I don't think it hurt you. I think you bought a car that was a piece of crap. Okay, well, I think someone You need to get someone to check it out that we trust to find out exactly.
Speaker 8: And we do have some people that can do that.
Speaker 6: If you want to, they'll do it. They'll look at your car, but you've got to get it over there. And I would suggest you go to Kevin and share it an auto tech. Kelly, you can give her that off the air. I don't think I can. I can sit through her marking down the address and all that. So three oh three seven to one three eight two five five, Larry, what's your question on car insurance?
Speaker 9: Larry Well.
Speaker 11: I've been kind of going around around with State Farm. Wants to know your opinion on State Farm. But I've been with them forty fifty years.
Speaker 19: Now.
Speaker 6: Well, then I know, for one thing, you're paying too much. But keep going, keep going.
Speaker 27: Well on any.
Speaker 11: Auto insurance company. So my wife had a wrecklesser car, small seeing seventeen year old christ for PACIFICA. Yeah, turned seventy miles. We're going to buy it back as a salvage vehicle and fix it. And they're just I'm disputing their value of the car. But the way they base their value is they say an they go out, you know, one thousand miles or something, trying to find equitable.
Speaker 9: Now you're so.
Speaker 6: You're disputing the total amount to begin with, right.
Speaker 18: Well, the amount that they value the car.
Speaker 6: And well, that's what I'm getting in other words, in other words, your car was totaled, and how was it totaled?
Speaker 11: Wells, because it's an old car.
Speaker 8: How was it totaled? How was it totaled?
Speaker 6: Was it hail damage or an accident?
Speaker 11: It was an accent?
Speaker 8: Okay, got it?
Speaker 6: Hold on and I'll come right back to you that we have places you can go to double check that.
Speaker 8: Three o three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 6: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your trouble shooter three L three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. So I want to go back to the phones here and figure out what what we need to.
Speaker 9: Tell this guy. Let me just get this here we go, all right, So.
Speaker 6: You had a question on car insurance. You said you don't your car was totaled. You don't like the total of the insurance company is offering you. This happens all the time, Larry, not unusual.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Well, I just want to find out from you and and the and the folks there what other insurance companies do so. They state Farm says that I have to if I want to dispute their valuation of my vehicle and what they're going to pay me to keep it, I have to find a vehicle within five hundred and thirty miles of Denver. I have to find a told.
Speaker 9: You invoke the appraisal clause. And your best way to do that is with a company like Petty Details. They'll do everything for five hundred bucks. Let me a plaything, but you don't have to free as well if if it's a correct value.
Speaker 6: But you don't have to. You do not have to go buy their rules. They don't make the rules. Okay, it would be ultimately decided in a court of equity if it was, or through the appraisal process, which means you get an expert and they get an expert. It doesn't. Don't listen to what they say. But remember this. I think one of the complications you're going to have is that they value the car twice, once for you to get a check which would include sales tax and the other if you want to buy it back. Which value are you disputing both of them?
Speaker 11: Well, the buying back, because that's what the pain is. I want to keep the car.
Speaker 6: But before but usually they tell you this is what we're going to pay you for your car, right, but then they but then they say, if you want to keep it, this.
Speaker 8: Is what we're gonna do. There's two different figures.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and the first figure was thirty two hundred and the second figure, but I want to keep it, is twenty six hundred.
Speaker 6: Okay, which one are you disputing?
Speaker 19: Both?
Speaker 18: Let me let mean I'm not necessary, I'm distributing that.
Speaker 11: But the question I.
Speaker 6: Have I understand, Larry, you want to know, you want to know how, But Larry, I'm asking a question again. If you were to get a check for that car, do you believe it's worth the total value, not the value to keep it, but the thirty two hundred bucks or whatever they do? You think it's worth more than that?
Speaker 19: I do?
Speaker 11: Okay, that's I'm not Tom.
Speaker 19: Can I just go ahead?
Speaker 6: Go ahead? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Do all?
Speaker 11: So the other part of say firms, I.
Speaker 9: Know what you're going to ask, do all insurance companies do it the same?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 11: The answer is no, okay, because they want exact same year also, which makes some sense.
Speaker 6: So I found, well, of course you have to find the exact year you're making model in mileage.
Speaker 11: Now what did you say there?
Speaker 9: Year, make model and mileage.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and so I did that, but I didn't find one exact samere How how many vehicles are you going to find it's a Chrysler PACIFICA. How many vehicles are you going to find at seventeen years old, same model and like mileage. I found this one. Listen to the super Root dealer on the Repo road.
Speaker 6: Larry, you're older, Larry, Larry, here's what I'm saying. Listen, Larry, you obviously didn't hear what I said. You don't have to do that. You don't have to find a vehicle. You just have to have an expert appraisal of your vehicle prior to the accident. Yes, comparable yet, Larry, comparables are part of it, but not the whole story. Sometimes it's impossible to get a comparable. What you need, and I'm going to say at one more time, is an expert appraisal. If you're going to fight this, however, your car, you get a first, you get you get an opinion free of charge from the expert. Then if you want to go further and fight it, it's going to cost you about five hundred dollars, but you can get a free initial What he will do is say, you know what, Larry, that's a pretty fair price.
Speaker 9: Take it. That won't cost you anything.
Speaker 6: So if you want to do and by the way, if he says that, then you better believe it because there's no one better. So you should go to this site and mark give him the name of the site, please.
Speaker 9: H well, referral list dot com and then search petty details. Thank you what kind of details, petty? P E T T Y Yeah, petty call him up like like Tom said, they'll give you an honest evaluation if that offer is fair or not. The other thing you got to remember, if that initial offer is fair and you want to buy it back and you don't think that offer is fair, he can help you negotiate that as well.
Speaker 6: That's right, So just call him first and call us back if you have any questions. I'm Tom Martinez Moore coming right up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance Pain too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out Now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom martinro Denverregen dot com themself Therapy get out of Pain. I can vouch for them. They're great people. Denverregen dot com. Okay, so listen, Tracy, you what is this uh problem you might have.
Speaker 9: With a tenant?
Speaker 33: Go ahead, Tracy, Yeah, Tom, I have a tenant that's signed in eighteen month lease. They still have eight months remaining and they're having some concerns with crime that's going on around them. They're over in the Dayton Triangle. Yeah, young family suite. You know, we want to really work with them. I do not have an early termination clause in the lease. I know it's not required in Colorado, right, so they are trying to say that, you know, we're playing to work with them. Relist it right away, get them out as soon as I can, and then in their lease, but they wrote a question that without that, they are giving notice as of October thirteenth, Are they still required to pay rent through the end of the lease.
Speaker 6: Well, technically yeah, technically yes, I mean, but the practicality is, as soon as you rent it out again, yes, sure, they're not going to let you take damages, So you can keep the security deposit for breach, and you can probably go after them for whatever it takes, not for the re renting costs, but when you get a new tenant in there, if it costs, if it if it took three months, you might you might be able to go after them for the three months. You can't just sit on your ass and collect the whole thing. You can't collect the whole thing. That's you got to mitigate your damages. That's the bottom line.
Speaker 33: Yeah, that's not my plan at all. Like I'm already setting up showings, but as soon as I have a new tenant in there, yes, I'm gonna end theirs for sure. They don't have to pay till the end.
Speaker 6: Right, But so basically you're doing it the right way. But the practicality is you may not be able to uh collect from that at.
Speaker 9: All, even if you get a judgment. It's very difficult.
Speaker 6: Kevin Calkins shared in autotech dot com. Thanks for being here. I know we had plenty of epity Updasy didn't.
Speaker 3: Get you, but we have another hour.
Speaker 9: Brother. Oh my god, oh my god.
Speaker 6: Don't don't you say Tom, don't you dare say it? Don't don't you call me Biden? Oh my god, I admit I made us go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free. No obligation can be Garrison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped up.
Speaker 2: New need that's who you don't have?
Speaker 3: You come running just as fast as we can.
Speaker 4: Show Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 5: Come Max is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 6: No Tom Martino, Hey Tom Marcino here, Welcome to the show. I apologize if you were listening at the end of the last hour and made it sound like we're going away. Uh, and it was the end of the show because I lost an hour. Anyway, I got Deputy D with me as a follow up. So Deputy D was talking, let me, let me get there you are. So we were talking about the appliance repared he paid for a part. The guy came out, why don't you explain the original problem? What happened?
Speaker 9: Go ahead?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 30: The caller Bill indicated that he hired Duncal Appliance Repair to come in and fix his washing machine. They diagnosed the issue and he paid them two hundred dollars down payment to come back and repair it.
Speaker 21: They came back to repair it.
Speaker 30: It turns out the part fit but couldn't but couldn't be plugged.
Speaker 21: Into the electrical hearts.
Speaker 30: It would cost five hundred dollars to buy an electrical harness, so he declined to do that. He wanted to get a refund of his payment. So I got a call back from Mark at Duncompliance Repair and he said that next week he's going to process a refund for everything, but the seventy seven dollars diagnostic fee.
Speaker 6: Do you believe it?
Speaker 21: I believe. I don't have any reason not to believe.
Speaker 9: Okay, so let's.
Speaker 8: Did Bill say he'd call back and let us know?
Speaker 30: Yeah, I told I asked Bill to call me sometime in the week after that to let me know if the check did not arrive what what?
Speaker 9: Out of curiosity? Why next week?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's why I don't know.
Speaker 30: But well, Mark from Denco Cis Repair said that it will take them several days to process a chair. Really, it sounds like the check is issued somewhere else. Oh and so I asked him if he's comfortable with committing to mailing it one next week, and Mark was confident that it will be mailed in the game.
Speaker 6: We're gonna check that you're Are you suspicious? Mark? Basically?
Speaker 9: Actually, I'm not because how much was it?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 21: The refund is going to be one hundred and twenty three dollars.
Speaker 9: I can't imagine a company would lie over a buck twenty three. But we've seen it all man, We've had people promised twenty dollars refunds that never hit.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, all right, anyway, so right now, that's a good one.
Speaker 9: He popped his cherry on that one, didn't he know?
Speaker 3: He did one.
Speaker 6: Before one earlier. But let me you're right though, I should do the uh the old.
Speaker 9: Ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding. Hold on, Oh, I don't even have that up and run. It sounds more like it.
Speaker 6: Thank you, my you know, I don't.
Speaker 9: I don't get it. Like lately my dinger has been surprised when he rings that he doesn't go to his own door to answer it.
Speaker 6: There we go, all right, Hey, mark this lawsuit on for me.
Speaker 9: Hey, it's the end of the show. Time to go nice seeing you Kevin?
Speaker 6: I did I gave I gave him a shout out goodbye.
Speaker 9: He was away at the door.
Speaker 6: You guys, Okay, Greg, what's going on now?
Speaker 9: Hold on?
Speaker 8: Greg?
Speaker 3: Was this?
Speaker 6: This is a follow up from when Greg give me an idea?
Speaker 1: Here?
Speaker 24: Earlier this week?
Speaker 16: I called in about an engine that needed to.
Speaker 34: Be replaced in by twenty thirteen GMC terrain Denali.
Speaker 6: Okay, and what happened? What did we tell you?
Speaker 19: You?
Speaker 16: You had said?
Speaker 34: I called different companies on your referral list, got prices and since we talked the re manufactured engine with a four year warranty, one of the shops dropped the price from ten thousand to nine thousand dollars, which is making my decision more difficult. Now do I do I replace the engine? Do I get a new used car?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 6: Do your Let's have Kevin analyze this. Kevin, what do you think?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 7: How much do you love the car? I mean, that's where you got to start.
Speaker 16: I like the car a lot. It's in good condition.
Speaker 34: And once again, you know, out the door on nine fifty six dollars, if I get a Reman engine with a four year warranty.
Speaker 9: Is in that V six?
Speaker 19: Yeah?
Speaker 7: No, but you were kicking it around pretty hard at ten or eleven, so nine why wouldn't you just jump on it?
Speaker 19: Yeah?
Speaker 34: And that's why I wanted your your you guys's professional opinion and.
Speaker 9: Being that tonalie that.
Speaker 19: Loaded.
Speaker 9: Yes, and as you indicated.
Speaker 8: You you really loved it. You really loved it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 16: So no, no, thank you. That is perfect.
Speaker 19: Thank you.
Speaker 24: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Now listen, I hope things go well for you. A lot of times, you know, people, uh they you know, they spend money on an older car, but you know, but look at those GMCs will go a long way, uh, especially with a new engine. So thanks for calling back, Greg, letting us know three all three seven to one three talks seven one.
Speaker 9: Three, eight, two five five.
Speaker 6: You know, Kevin put it succinctly last hour of the hour before saying, you take the car what you have and add to it what you're expecting to put into it, and then you have a total price even if you're buried in that car, if what you're investing is less than it would be if you bought another car or the same and you're just buying someone else's problems. Again, you have something you know. Now it doesn't always make sense, because Mark pointed out, well, then what happens with this or that? And you can be buried to where it makes no sense where So what you do is you take the money it will take to fix the used car that you have.
Speaker 9: Now you got to assume the used car you have.
Speaker 6: Is a great body, great tranny, or that the future money will be worth it.
Speaker 9: You're going to keep it.
Speaker 6: And then you compare the money you're going to invest to what that money would buy you on the used market. And I think the point you were making, Kevin is why not put ten grand in a good car.
Speaker 8: That you love?
Speaker 6: Yeah, because if you go out and buy another car for ten grand, what are you going to get for it.
Speaker 7: You don't know till you get it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and with.
Speaker 6: That ten and now this is especially so by I should caution when we are talking about engines and doing them the right way. I don't think I put ten grand into I don't know whatever.
Speaker 8: You know the whole front end.
Speaker 9: You know what I mean?
Speaker 8: If you have an old engine.
Speaker 6: You got it, you got In other words, we're talking about engines and trannies. Those two items are the biggest items. Yes, and those two items are the ones where you consider should I invest or should I do a used carp But yeah, and a lot of people love what they have.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 6: I've never kept a car long longer than I mean I wanted to. I've always wanted to, and I never did. I always tell myself I want to.
Speaker 9: Anyway.
Speaker 6: Now, let's do our follow up with uh uh, let's see I. Oh, no, we don't have another FOB. I thought I thought I had Bo. You didn't have any follow ups?
Speaker 9: Did you did?
Speaker 19: Bo?
Speaker 9: Le Vers?
Speaker 6: He's still next to you suits.
Speaker 9: I'm still here, Tom, but BO did?
Speaker 6: Didn't we put you on some earlier today?
Speaker 9: I thought I did?
Speaker 7: I think Kelly handled it?
Speaker 8: It was the dealership that's right, that's right, okay.
Speaker 6: So in any case, Kevin, I have a text for you, let me find it here. Speaking about buying used cars, that.
Speaker 8: Check up I win. We get a lot of questions about that checkup.
Speaker 9: For one twenty.
Speaker 6: What do you do as far as the transmission goes Kevin for a pre buy inspection.
Speaker 7: Well, basically, all you can do with the transmission is pull code, see if there's any history of any codes, get a fluid sample, see if there's any you know, major debris in the in the Yeah, the transmission and a test drive. I mean, an experienced mechanic can feel things that are not right, you know, But as far as a deep dive in the transmission, there's nothing you can really do for.
Speaker 6: That, okay, So basically there were you know. So basically you.
Speaker 8: Just give it an educated guest based on the fluids and.
Speaker 7: All fluids and the electronics, if there's codes being sad or anything, any history of codes.
Speaker 6: And then the mileage itself.
Speaker 7: Right, exactly, There's a lot that goes in it, but the main thing is having a qualified technician drive it. He can tell what the transmission's doing and not doing.
Speaker 6: All right, So Mark, you want to talk about a bike car wreck.
Speaker 8: You're a cyclist. What happened?
Speaker 9: Mark?
Speaker 35: Yeah, it was Sunday, August twenty fifth. I was just I'm not here in Strasburg and I was just riding my bike down to the post off to get my mail. I thought I'd throwing a few more blocks. So I was riding east on Cofax and I remember a white truck passing me. And the next thing I remember, I was being wheeled into an ambulance.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, So you went out completely?
Speaker 35: Oh yeah, Now was this a hit?
Speaker 6: And runner?
Speaker 9: Did the guy stick around?
Speaker 35: Well, he was pulling two trailers, and it was the second trailer was really wide, I guess, and that's what caught me. So he eventually turned around I heard. So I see this is all hearsay now because I was out, so I didn't really have troub any any chance to defend myself by what happened. They just take took me right straight to you see health trauma center.
Speaker 9: So you woke up in the ambulance.
Speaker 35: I was just being wheeled into the ambulance and that's when I woke up.
Speaker 6: Let me ask you something, is that a creepy feeling or what I mean, I've heard of people blackie.
Speaker 35: I had no idea. All I knew was my back. I just said the guy said how are you, and to say, oh, my back hurts.
Speaker 9: And how are you?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 35: By the way, well I got four busted ribs on our white side and they're slowly healing. But for you know, for a couple of weeks here I was in just a whole bunch pain, you know. So anyway, okay, so what is your question? Yeah, well, I'm just kind of tangled up in your rockets for your rock.
Speaker 8: Did they tell what did they get the driver?
Speaker 19: Uh?
Speaker 35: Yeah, but I have no idea who he is?
Speaker 6: Wait wait wait wait wait wait? How do you know they.
Speaker 35: Got him Adams County? Okay, it's uh, since highway since Colfax is Highway forty in Colorado State Patrol, that's their jurisdiction. But somebody one of the Adams County Uh, Adams County, Yeah, that's right, one of the Adams County deputy told a friend of mine that it was that, that it was me. But I'm still wad wait.
Speaker 6: Wait wait wait wait wait yeah, I'm totally confused.
Speaker 8: Wait wait wait, just wait, when did.
Speaker 9: You learn all of this.
Speaker 6: So you get out of the hospital, How did you even did the deputies come to talk to you? How did you first learn they even had a report?
Speaker 35: Well, there's there's not a report yet. That's the problem.
Speaker 6: Okay, tell me then, what did you learn and when did you learn it?
Speaker 35: When I got out of the hospital, a friend of mine who knows a couple of the deputies, he told me this.
Speaker 8: What did he tell you?
Speaker 35: He told me basically that I was whacked out, you know, and he uh, okay, So the deputies gave him my bike to Keith because my bike was my bike's.
Speaker 8: Kind of the deputies gave your friend your bike.
Speaker 35: Okay, he knew he knew a couple of the deputies.
Speaker 6: Okay, but here's what I don't understand. Did someone call the deputies? Did they happen upon you? Did the driver call?
Speaker 35: I mean, what's I don't know? Oh, there was oh yeah, somebody, Oh somebody saw the accident and they called nine one one.
Speaker 9: Okay, So Adams County was called to the scene.
Speaker 35: Either at yeah, both Adams on. Adams County was called to the scene, and since it was on colfax, they had to call Colorado State Patrol okay and who?
Speaker 6: Okay, So, Adam, hold on, A friend told you that Adams County Sheriffs and state patrol were called to the scene. Okay, okay, Now they went to the scene. Did your friend say they found the driver?
Speaker 35: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 3: What do well?
Speaker 6: Okay, what do you he?
Speaker 35: Someone told him that the driver, since he had two trailers and he was going to turn back, you had to go way down the road to find a turnaround place.
Speaker 19: Who I don't.
Speaker 6: Oh, then how does your friend even know this?
Speaker 9: Listen? May I ask something?
Speaker 6: Mark?
Speaker 9: Did you suffer a head injury?
Speaker 35: Actually? No, my head was fine.
Speaker 6: So you're not having trouble processing my questions because it's very simple.
Speaker 9: I don't mean to make fun of you. I'm asking this.
Speaker 6: Your friend said this driver had to go down and turn around and come back.
Speaker 8: How does your friend know.
Speaker 35: This, Well, he knows a couple of deputies.
Speaker 8: The deputies call them. Did you call the deputies?
Speaker 6: Did you call the Sheriff's department?
Speaker 35: I couldn't call anybody. I was out.
Speaker 6: I'm talking about.
Speaker 35: Now, Oh yeah, well they.
Speaker 6: Okay, just hold on, I got to take a break. I'm getting old. I'm getting old. Right now, because I'm trying to figure out. If I were you, I'd be at the state patrol or at the office saying I need details on this accident on such and touch a date.
Speaker 8: Here are the name of the deputies that.
Speaker 6: Were there period. Why aren't you doing that? More of this coming up? Kevincalkin shared in autotech dot com. Thanks for being here. I know we had plenty of deputy updates you didn't get.
Speaker 9: Too, but hey, don't we have another hour? Brother?
Speaker 6: Oh my god, Oh my god, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contenth time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Tom Marchino, who you're troubleshooter? Welcome to the show. Are we still on? Guys?
Speaker 9: Is the show area anyway, Tom, Now, so.
Speaker 6: Listen, So Mark, basically you need details about this accident.
Speaker 9: I mean you want someone.
Speaker 8: To go after.
Speaker 6: When did this exactly happen? It was August twenty fifth, you said, okay, but this is too long. They still don't have an accident report.
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 35: I I've been contacting them. I gave them an email address.
Speaker 31: You see.
Speaker 35: They okay, you see, Hell has sent me some into that. They want all the intel I can get on mine, my insurance and the other driver's insurance. So I'm still waiting on this car.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 9: I want to get John Fuller on.
Speaker 6: Hold on a second, just hold on, let's please before the end of the show, get John Fuller, see if he can talk to us right now?
Speaker 8: Hold on, Mark, what's going on with you?
Speaker 6: Katie?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 15: Tom?
Speaker 10: Yeah, they called me back. There's top tier moving company and they promised a full refund four thousand, ninety eight Gallary.
Speaker 8: Now, wait a.
Speaker 9: Minute, have you talked to us?
Speaker 8: Have you talked to us before?
Speaker 25: Never?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 6: Okay, you you started as if we were already talking. Okay, So Katie, you had a bad mover, and why would they be refunding money? Tell me about your did they ever move you.
Speaker 10: No, they never moved me. This I could if I can't, sol did it was a deposit four thousand and ninety eight.
Speaker 6: Gal, you gave them, You gave them a deposit.
Speaker 9: Yes, when did you do.
Speaker 8: This, Katie?
Speaker 10: July twenty twenty four.
Speaker 6: You paid a deposit, a four thousand dollars deposit roughly in July.
Speaker 8: Okay, in July to move where.
Speaker 10: He moved from Crossfield, Tennessee to Portland Park, Colorado.
Speaker 6: From Tennessee to Colorado. Okay, Now where did you find the mover?
Speaker 10: It was just on the internet. I was just trying to get Okay, and what's their name, top Tare Moving Group, LLC?
Speaker 9: And where they located?
Speaker 8: Florida?
Speaker 10: Right, I think that Florida.
Speaker 19: Yep.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you're not going to get your money.
Speaker 12: That's what the attorney said.
Speaker 9: What attorney?
Speaker 10: I talked to an attorney that was a friend.
Speaker 29: Of my neighbors way back and Crossow.
Speaker 6: I'm just saying, Katie, I'd like to help you, but it's likely these people are like cockroaches. They come and go, and they're all in Florida. And you went to the internet and you got suckered and you paid a deposit and they never showed it up.
Speaker 9: Is that right?
Speaker 10: Well, I tried to cancel it. They sent me an email that said that I could cancel it and get a full refund as long as I canceled it a week before the move. I didn't even have a house yet. I was just trying to get an estimate.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know, And they said, I know what they said. They said. Listen, they said, you have to pay us a deposit.
Speaker 8: We'll give you an estimate.
Speaker 6: If you decide not to go through with it, we're going to refund your money, right exactly. Yeah, veteran owned.
Speaker 10: We take care of widows and veterans, widows of veterans. My husband was a Marine Corps Vietnam veteran.
Speaker 9: God, this makes me sick.
Speaker 6: You know what? Who wants to take a stab at it? I want to still call them? Do you still have their number?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I got their number. I sent your team the email with their phone number and.
Speaker 8: Us forward down.
Speaker 21: You do it, Tom, I'll call him up.
Speaker 1: Bo.
Speaker 6: I want you to give him hell.
Speaker 21: I'm good at that.
Speaker 8: She was told she needed to make a deposit to get an.
Speaker 6: Estimate, right, okay, day just just I mean, I don't mind exaggerating a little. I mean, I mean that, and I mean, like you, people are going to jail.
Speaker 9: We're gonna make sure of it.
Speaker 6: And I mean, obviously we can't make sure of it, but we're gonna try.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 9: This is wrong and they're they're in Florida.
Speaker 6: God almighty, when will people learn about this?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 8: Okay, hold on, thank you.
Speaker 19: Bo.
Speaker 8: Bo's gonna take this information.
Speaker 6: Three oh three, seven to one, three eight to oh wait, John Fuller is on.
Speaker 9: Let me take him real quick, John, Thank you for being here.
Speaker 19: John.
Speaker 6: Listen, this guy's riding his bicycle down the street, down the road. Next thing he knows, next thing he knows, he's being put into an ambulance with massive injuries.
Speaker 19: Okay.
Speaker 8: This was in Uh, this.
Speaker 9: Was in August.
Speaker 6: Okay, at the end of August. His friend told him that Adams County Sheriff's Department and the State Patrol showed up, and his friend also told them.
Speaker 8: That they talked to the driver.
Speaker 6: Mark can get zero information from anyone at the State Patrol or the Sheriff's department. Okay, zero, They've done no report. What does he do?
Speaker 26: Was there an ambulance involved listening to the er right, Yes, there's got to be dispatch records. I mean you say there's nothing, but there's.
Speaker 6: No no, no no, and not about the hospital he wants to know about.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I know.
Speaker 26: That's what I'm saying. There's got to be dispatch records to get the police to the scene. The ambulances just don't show up by themselves. Scoop somebody up and head down the road generally speaking their will, and a police presence at the scene, and they didn't get there by themselves, There'll be a dispatch record and you can go you know, you can go through either a foyer request or you know, contact them directly, and there will be some record of that.
Speaker 16: Deal man, May I.
Speaker 6: Ask something bold?
Speaker 9: May I ask something bolder?
Speaker 6: Mark was severely injured and he has no information. If he came into your office or called you, let's just say, randomly, and he told you this, would you is this something you would take on on speculation and try to.
Speaker 9: Find out the information to see if there's.
Speaker 6: Somebody to go after or would you have him do that first?
Speaker 26: No, we would be happy to do that work for And that's what we do, Tom, is investigate and figure these things out. Every single day as long as he wasn't at fault and he didn't get a ticket for his role in the accident, we are there to step in and take over and handle every single aspect of this.
Speaker 6: Hey, Mark, Mark, did you have you retained an attorney yet?
Speaker 19: No?
Speaker 35: I haven't, but I've been thinking about it.
Speaker 21: Okay, listen what I called you?
Speaker 6: Listen, Mark, John will never hold you to it unless you decide you talk to him.
Speaker 8: I want you need to talk to him.
Speaker 6: When he starts calling the state patrol and the police or the Adams County Sheriff's apartment, They're not going to give him the old soft shoe.
Speaker 35: Yeah, I did, okay, state number. I did get a case number, and I still have him been able to get it.
Speaker 6: All right. I want you to call John Fuller here's his number, seriously now and then and then we'll give him your number as well. Three oh three five nine seven forty five hundred.
Speaker 8: All right, hold on, Canina make sure he gets that.
Speaker 6: Go with a sure thing Denver's best rufer excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation in comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. All right, three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five Now Katie, listen, Katie?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 6: I want oh no, we put somebody on that, and I just want to say something. I've gotten several texts from this same from people who have been victimized by this same mover.
Speaker 8: So who should I pass it on to? Did we give this to bo?
Speaker 19: So?
Speaker 3: Bo?
Speaker 6: I'm gonna I'm gonna send you some other victims. But I want to concentrate on getting Katie her money back.
Speaker 8: Let's go to uh.
Speaker 19: Uh.
Speaker 6: Chris has an issue with his breaks on a two thousand and four uh two thousand five titan.
Speaker 8: Go ahead, what's going on?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 19: Yeah? Tom, I've had I bought my truck brand new, and I've always had a problem with when I do a panic.
Speaker 6: Wait a minute, this is twenty this is twenty years later. Right, this is a new truck you book, right.
Speaker 19: Yeah, I bought it, but I've had the problem ever since. Okay, I bought it, and every time there's a panic type breaking situation, the breake goes all the way to the floorboard, like there's there's no more pressure on my pedal anymore. I'm just wondered if anybody knew anything about it. I have.
Speaker 6: I mean, this has been going on for twenty years or ten years, I'm sorry for ten years. No, no, it's no, I'm sorry, it's it is almost twenty doesn't stop.
Speaker 19: It does stop, but the pedal of the on the brake goes all the way to the floorboard. There wasn't any.
Speaker 7: Heaven, Kevin, youk have you done anything too? I mean, this was like it from day one or ten years into this.
Speaker 19: I mean, actually it's it started when I first bought the truck, and then then they had a recall on the brakes, which I have done, and it still continued.
Speaker 6: But as Mark asked, does it stop you even though it goes all the way to the floor, do you stop?
Speaker 19: It does stop, but it's not one of those break screeching type stops. It's just kind of like barely stops.
Speaker 9: Does it pulsate?
Speaker 19: No, it doesn't unless I let up on the thing and kind of hit it a couple of times when the pressure comes back on.
Speaker 7: Have you had brakes done to it since you've owned the car? And did that change anything?
Speaker 19: On the recall? They had a break issue when it was first kind of new, and I took it in and they fix that, but I still had that problem.
Speaker 7: But have you ever replaced the brake pads in between that and now.
Speaker 6: It's been twenty years?
Speaker 7: Well, I don't know. I'm just asking because they've been proved breaks in twenty years. That's why I'm asking.
Speaker 19: I have fifty seven thousand miles on a car.
Speaker 7: Right, so you haven't done any new breaks to it's.
Speaker 6: Fifty seven thousand miles in twenty years.
Speaker 19: Yes, sir. I don't get out of the house bunch anymore.
Speaker 6: Oh man?
Speaker 8: How old are you?
Speaker 19: By the way, I'm seventy four.
Speaker 6: Shut up, you're not and you don't get out of the house.
Speaker 19: Why I retired at fifty three?
Speaker 6: Oh man?
Speaker 19: Okay, so I'm at home most of the time.
Speaker 6: Okay, listen, listen, Kevin, can you would you be able to tell by driving this thing and taking it for a drive and all that.
Speaker 7: Well, yeah, we should be able to. But it seems to me this pedal fade, it just could be a quality issue in the brake pads. You know, upgrade the pads.
Speaker 6: To something else, Chris.
Speaker 9: It could be so many simple things.
Speaker 3: Chris.
Speaker 6: Where you located, even though you don't get out of the house much at seventy four?
Speaker 19: Your fart where you wad?
Speaker 6: Okay, go over to go man. You know he's at Colfax right west of Wadsworth Shared.
Speaker 9: And Auto Techular And every time you slam the brakes on. I mean, he's can duplicate this, right.
Speaker 19: It's got to be a panic. Like some kid walks.
Speaker 6: Up between the heart.
Speaker 19: It's called a heart break, a real heartbreak.
Speaker 6: Okay, you know what, Let let Kevin take a look at it, Kevin. Could it be something like a fluid prop you know, it.
Speaker 7: Could be a fluid flash. It could be you know, just better pads. I mean, it could be a lot of different, small, very minor things.
Speaker 19: I've had all my fluids changed twice in that time period.
Speaker 6: Okay, Well, Chris, listen, when it when you're when you're when you're seventy four. It's always a good idea to change your Lewitz brothers. Hey, we're gonna have Kevin. We're gonna have Kevin. Take care.
Speaker 9: You gotta go over there seriously.
Speaker 6: And it's three oh three, four five, five seventy two forty two or forty two seventy two. I'm sorry, it's yeah, three oh three. Don't make fun of me, guys. Three oh three, four five, five seventy two forty two. Got more coming right up? Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey, I don't know what happened to.
Speaker 9: The studio camera.
Speaker 6: It went off three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five so listen. Uh, guys, your camera. I don't know what happened to it, but I don't see I killed it.
Speaker 9: Oh okay, anyway, you said it was the end of the show.
Speaker 6: Jay's got a Jay's got a comment on the break issue.
Speaker 24: Go ahead, Jay, Hey, Tom, Probably what's happening is when he moves that pedal really fast inside his master's cylinder, the fluid is being bypassed. It's going right past the plungers because there's not much else that can do.
Speaker 9: Why do you think it's doing that.
Speaker 24: I'm going to guess the rubber on those plungers is possibly manufactured a little too hard, or.
Speaker 6: It's twenty years Oh no, it happened. Never mind, he said it was happening from the beginning.
Speaker 24: If it's manufactured a little bit too hard, it's not going to expand out against the cylinder walls. And if you do it good and hard, it might just push the fluid right back past them, and that would cause exact thing. And it's the only thing in that system really where you can buy pass fluid without losing fluid onto the ground. So I fowre him. It can't hurt put a you know, twenty twenty year old rubber products aren't that great anyway, Probably might as well put a master cylinder on there. And I haven't called you back and tell you it's all better. A bet it was.
Speaker 6: You know what that's that's a good idea. That's a good idea. Really, we appreciate it very much.
Speaker 9: Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five. He he's always chiming chiming in.
Speaker 6: And he should be a deputy as well, because he knows so much about the car stuff. So try to talk.
Speaker 9: Him into it sometimes.
Speaker 6: Sus Deborah, what's going on with you in this bissele cleaner?
Speaker 9: What's happening?
Speaker 3: H Hi?
Speaker 20: There?
Speaker 29: I had dropped my cleaner off to Well, first of all, i'd called the company. I was having some problems with my cleaner that I had used once. It wasn't is it.
Speaker 9: The big green machine or something like that?
Speaker 29: Ah, jeez, I don't remember.
Speaker 9: Okay, yeah, I understand. It's a it's a carpet cleaner, right, yes, yes, okay.
Speaker 29: And it's so tanks one that puts the water onto the carpet and then another change, right I have that one?
Speaker 19: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, So what about it?
Speaker 6: What about it.
Speaker 29: You're having better luck with yours than I had it with mine. Well, the first time I used it, it didn't suck up any water.
Speaker 9: That was you got to have that that plastic part in the front. It comes off and then you can pull those two rollers out. If that thing is not snug right, you won't have any suction.
Speaker 29: Yep, I did that. I had other people look at it, and it just it would not pull anyone anyway.
Speaker 8: So what are you calling about?
Speaker 6: How old is it?
Speaker 16: It was?
Speaker 29: I used it once.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but how old is it one?
Speaker 6: How old is it?
Speaker 29: It's? Oh, my gosh, maybe two years old.
Speaker 9: Is it still under warranty?
Speaker 23: It is?
Speaker 29: And this is where the problem lies.
Speaker 9: What's the problem?
Speaker 29: I called? I called the company and they told me to take it into my local warranty shop here, Yeah, you know, warranty work. He took it in, the guy told me he couldn't fix it, and he was sending it back to the company. Well, that was back in early early spring, and he had given me a warning then that this company is not very user friendly to deal with. He dealt with them in the past, and it took forever to get warranty work back from them.
Speaker 6: So the repairman. The repairman was just factory authorized, but he didn't work.
Speaker 9: He wasn't with the factory, right, he was authorized.
Speaker 18: That's correct.
Speaker 6: Okay, So did they send it back or not?
Speaker 29: They did send it back.
Speaker 9: And you're not hearing anything. Is that the bottom line?
Speaker 29: I'm not hearing anything. He's not hearing anything.
Speaker 8: All right, hold on, Liz, I'm going to give this to Deputy D.
Speaker 6: Hold On, Kachina, get the information from Deborah for Deputy D, and let's see what he can do. Okay, folks were out of time, and you know what that means. That means that we're gonna say goodbye and coming up. I'm gonna have my goodbye video. I love that goodbye video. Thank you for being here. We'll be back here on Monday. And don't forget to call three HO three Martino with help, information and referrals.