Speaker 1: Friday Show coming up. Remember when you thought Jim Acosta had hit the top limits of insufferability. It was post really fake news because like at first when he was just fake news on that first one, and like, ah, that was what a moment. Like there were a few moments early in Trump's presidency. There was the initial labeling of Jim Acosta, Jim Acosta fake news. And if I remember correctly, that happened at the how are we going to handle the finances press or? Do you remember that they held a press conference and they had all what do they have? They had like all the papers in front of them. I remember, I don't remember the totality of what it was, but basically it was when they talked about the structure of how Trump's not going to be involved, his boys are going to do it. Here's what they're going to do, some stuff having to do with the hotel they owned in Washington there and and it was at that one where he earned his first stripe. And then not that long after was the famous Yellow Room press conference where Trump just sat up there for well over an hour just sparring with reporters. April Ryan Jim Acosta again, that's where he earned very fake news second stripe and I talked about it. I might you know, Jim Acosta should be naming children after Donald Trump? Had you, Russ, We work in this history industry. Have you had you ever heard of Jim Acosta? Really? I mean maybe you'd heard it before, but that name didn't stick with you until Trump labeled him, right, they didn't.
Speaker 2: Never heard of him? Yeah, I mean you know, he was the annoying guy from CNN who yelled at Trump.
Speaker 1: Yes, that was it, and then he got like he made Trump made you, bro. You you can tell it. You can even say that you made you by getting Trump. Fine, whatever, but if not for Trump, then not you.
Speaker 3: You're you were.
Speaker 1: His foil and everybody has to This is I mean, this is straight comic book one oh one, and I know it's du dau well, no, no, no, no, it's because comics. The concept that comics utilize is a concept from real life, or at least they used to utilize the inherent struggle of good versus evil. And yes, you can even murky it up right, And so you would have protagonists that are not altogether good people, which in a way is is a foundation of spirituality because you're you're you're only human, right. I'm trying to keep this as secular as possible. But but understand, and I know that some of you hate this. Understand that the best use and in character arc, which it was a consistent one in Hollywood. Look, we didn't even coordinate. We didn't even let me make sure Ross isn't screen and call. We didn't even coordinate this ross. What is the proper heroes arc used to be? As you understand it, because I this is, this is defined, this is something culturally we know.
Speaker 2: You mean a storybook like the hero's journey.
Speaker 3: Yes, the hero's journey.
Speaker 1: This is the most classic thing in life and in cinema and in comic books and books, in literature, you name it.
Speaker 2: Sure, you're sort of like maybe a nothing or a normal person. And then you have a challenge and you fail and you overcome it and then you succeed and you you you you know, you overcome whatever it was that was keeping you down.
Speaker 3: But you have to fail.
Speaker 2: For you have to fail, there has to be a struggle.
Speaker 1: Yes, doesn't that sound a lot like the Bible? Again, I'm trying to keep it secular, but but you know, because without and this is the trans and this is and this is why I think people, this is why this is what's roady movies too, because we're not going to do this thing, and that's how you end up with these uh you know, uh female superheroes that are are.
Speaker 2: That was the problem with Captain Marvel, right, yeah, or the problem with Ray and Star Wars yeah.
Speaker 1: Op from the jump, right, nothing to overcome, nothing to overcome, or if if there was, you know, in Ray, it's implied that basically your life sucks there and that's fine, but you don't you don't see it, and then there's no there's nothing past that. There's adversity, but it's always met on an equal footing and then eventually it's just it's far exceeded. So when when you're when you're looking at all of this stuff and and you look at those narratives, Jim Acosta was was one of the things that Trump had to overcome. And if you want to reverse it, right, because sometimes this is why we have discussions about who was actually who was portrayed as a but was actually right. You see those lists all the time. Then you can have people who, through the lens of political ideology, they see Jim Acosta as currently in that he needs to overcome him mode. I don't care how you view it. The one needs the other, the ying and the yang. So whether you look at it, you know from a spiritualist sense where you need to overcome and then you do so by you know, from you know, accepting Jesus and living your life and knowing that.
Speaker 3: You know you're always valuable fallible, that's fine.
Speaker 1: Or if you just want to look at purely from a comic book heroes arc these are classic elements that is, subconsciously people identify form opinions about like this is this is getting into some more deep divy stuff, but like, subconsciously we like to have somebody to root for and root again anst. Obviously, when it comes to politics, there's many instances where.
Speaker 3: We take it too far, but you still like to know who's who for.
Speaker 1: The same reason we're sitting there breaking down the uh the Philly fan Green Bay fan thing. Because life's complicated. It's not just some guy yelling the sea word at a woman. It's some guys yelling the sea word at a woman who's man and is pushing it on for like clout and and and requiring her to sit there and take more abuse like sometimes sometimes there's there's really it's very difficult to figure out who who the good people are. There's lots of movies like that too, lots of movies like that. There's no fight Club. There are no good people in fight Club. So that's where we get the anti hero and all this stuff. All right, Well, we're not gonna get into film philosophy and this stuff. I'm just pointing out that Jim Acosta should name a a family member after Trump as a thank you or you know, his estate. We'll see if he gets to stick around there doing some some chair shuffling on the decks of the Titanic.
Speaker 3: Over there, we'll tell you about that.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, we had a couple people pass away yesterday. We got to talk about I don't know who the third is yet, and what the hell is going on in Georgia. Uh did you see that? You see the video of the state senator there who was either either tripped over a stanchion took himself a soccer dive. That's not important. I don't care why he ended up on well, I care why he ended up on the ground. I don't even care if he played it up a little, it's how they got there. And if you don't know the story, and this is a Republican of Republican violence, that's what's even crazier. When I first saw it, I didn't realize that the speaker in Georgia was Republican and not a Democrat. Based on what was happening there and the reason why it is absolutely insane. So we'll fill you in on that so you don't have to get into the muck trying to figure it out. Also, of course, Pete Calender will join us at eight o five, So stick around back in just a few because there's there's a story about something Wyoming wants to do, so I'm interested, so I'm clicking on it and it makes a ton of sense. Then I see people mad at the state of Wyoming for for no reason I can understand, and then they have to in true Internet fashion, is if Wyoming was a person, right, and they're mad at this person for something else, they then have to go deep dive to try to find an obscure takedown point. And then, trust me, when I fill in what these two things are, it sounds crazy, I'll defended and I'll mock the people mad at and you'll learn something. We'll get into that here at six thirty five. Okay, uh, first this, I was reading this article this once as w r L looks like it's AP with some localization or whatever. No, okay, all right, no no, no, this one's this is just ril on the slug here, all right, Triangle residents brace for TikTok band impact amid uncertain future for local creators. So Sunday could be the day goes today though, and.
Speaker 3: Then what are they are?
Speaker 1: They are they waiting for? Try to find the timing here? When is the Supreme Court thing supposed to? Is that Monday? So it could you shut off Sunday but then starting getting Monday. I don't know what's going to happen. And but let me say this because the article is mostly them talking to North Carolina based TikTok creators, and they a variety of things. They talk to a woman who does parenting stuff, another one that does cookings, and the what's it called where they're doing the makeup get get ready with me or something? I am. So I'm gonna sound so old on the TikTok stuff because really the only time I dip in to TikTok is to talk about his political impact and stupid challenges where people are clearly trying to get other people killed. So, but I want to say is I don't begrudge the creators. It's hard.
Speaker 3: It's hard to.
Speaker 1: Build followers on you know, on on one of these platforms. It's just like it's hard to build followers and listeners or viewers and in in in any sense of it, unless you're Ross's Twitch channel, which blows up immediately. But hey, we can't all be that, you know. And so they worked and they built this and not and they when and when they built this stuff. Nobody I don't think anyone really seriously had the concerns that has has led to this. And and for every minute the company, the parent company, indicates that they're unwilling to even sell this thing, that they're not going to be able to do anymore in the US and would rather shut it down, it becomes that much more suss that if you ever got to look at the code, Holy hell, right, like what is going on? Like the concerns with behavior like that, you're kind of telling on yourself. But I also feel bad for people who either this is their primary income or it's a side thing. I don't know. I don't even know what normal follower numbers on TikTok are, Like what's the number where it could become your own job, your only job? Like what is that break even number? Because it's different on every you know, YouTube subscribers are far more valuable from a revenue standpoint than Twitter impressions, right, So I don't know what that is, but I thought it's usually high. So I don't think these are their primary jobs. Like one of the women here runs cooking one uh Gigi's kitchen. She has one hundred thousand followers. I'm assuming that's not that's not a full time job, but you know it's obviously creators with with with much more, and I feel and hopefully you've you've diversified on some other platforms. But also like, this isn't a decision. Just if this decision was just about TikTok, stupid and people keep eating cinnamon, so we need to stop this. But that's this is this is far different, and there's a lot of different opinions on this. But like even that one of the creators their interview, I mean her, she's like, yeah, it sounds like a valid reason to shut this down, and I'm I'm glad they're taking a critical look at it, and I really hope they're able to get a deal done, even as little interest as I have with TikTok in general, if they get a get a job, or get it done, sell it to I don't know, pick somebody here in the US and want to move forward, trying to get teenagers eat too much cinnamon whatever, do your thing, go along with it along the way. Uh yeah, okay, no, no, no, okay, So are those the Supreme Court is expected to release their TikTok.
Speaker 3: Band this morning.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, that's good. I could I always just assume it's Monday unless stated so it will happen before when the thing, So it will happen probably right after the show. Uh so we'll uh, we shall see, all right. It is that time of the year. It is that time of the year, Monday, of course MLK Day, right, but diration m okay, the holiday, the observant of the holiday. We will not be on the air Monday, just FI on that company holiday. And you know I you don't want to say no to the company, so uh and that's fine, because really Tuesday is what you want, like what happened to the inauguration? Because nothing will be happening in the morning. But and then you get you know, Black History Month, and every year, like clockwork, there is a story that we wait and see, you know how around Halloween. Eventually there'll be a frat or a sorority that hosts a party where people are running around with shoe polo shud every year like clockwork. Can't can't understand it. But also, I don't think we missed a year.
Speaker 4: Ross.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen our our annual story that we see this time of the year, you know, the one Acoday Radio for Oh it was down such a rabbit hole there, but I not remember what I teased for six point thirty. Oh, that's right, this audio, okay, or might make a little note for myself what's going on down in Georgia? So and this is his best I understand it. So I'm sure that if I lived in Georgia, there's probably a lot more behind the scenes, little nuanced stuff that adds a little flavor to this. But I think that we've got more than enough to get a pretty good understanding. And it starts with a situation that we have seen in the North Carolina elected official in General Assembly here. We've seen it at the congressional level obviously, and that is establishment versus upstart. Okay, and you have it on the Republican side, and you have it on the Democrat side. You got the squad, and then you got Pelosi, You've got the Freedom Caucus, and you've got you know, your your country club GOP or however you want to describe them leadership, and they butt heads. It's the reason that Massy was probably removed from his cushy committee thing the other day. They get pay because Mike Johnson, if you step out of line.
Speaker 3: This is what they do.
Speaker 1: And they always do it, even when you say that they're going to do it, they do it because it's them ruling with an iron fist. I'll let you make your own opinion as what your party does, but you know this scenario. So that's what's going on down in Georgia. You have the establishment Republicans, the old school Republicans, and you have some of these guys and gals who are you know, Freedom Caucus or outliers or whatever.
Speaker 3: And they don't suffer. They don't fall in line.
Speaker 1: They are they're very outspoken, and that is but prompted all of this because you have this dude from like northwest Georgia who is I don't mean this as an insult that boy is country af okay, but seriously, and he and I guess it was surrounding the.
Speaker 3: Naming of a building.
Speaker 1: For the for a former Speaker of the House who had passed away in Georgia. Again, I don't know all of Georgia's politics there, but and the Speaker of the House is a Republican. This state senator is also a Republican. But they are the opposite ends of that spectrum I just talked about, and so and also his name is Colton Moore, by the way, who's the senator who got arrested. He was attempting to attend the State of the State, the Joint Session, which is held in the House Chamber. Because I think people were confused by editor was trying to go in the House chamber. He was trying to go in the House Chamber because it's the larger chamber, which is why we.
Speaker 3: Went to the State of the Union.
Speaker 1: It's held in the you know, the House representatives at the federal level, and he was told he's not allowed to go to it.
Speaker 3: Well, he was elected.
Speaker 1: He represents I think it's about a quarter million Georgians, if that's what they're called, and he was going to go, but he had gotten a letter from the Speaker of the House saying that unless he did certain things, he wasn't going to be allowed to attend. John Burns is the speaker. Because when they were considering what is usually a pretty innocuous thing to have this the former now deceee Speaker's name slapped on the side of the building. He criticized the former speaker openly, and the old school people there they lost their crap, including Burns, And he sent a letter. And I don't know how any of this is constitutional, whether it's under the federal constitution, but more specifically under George's constitution, which I'll explain in a moment.
Speaker 3: He sent a letter to Moore saying that unless he.
Speaker 1: Apologized publicly and did it, did a literally one of the apologies in front of all the members. He had to burn said he had to go over the other chamber and apologize to all the represent and he said no, he said, I can say whatever I want you guys are proffering a bill thinking that this guy should have his name on something, and I think he's I think he was a jackass. And again, maybe War's right, maybe he's not, but it doesn't matter. And so butterert was this speaker that he barred him from being able to access where the Moore does his job because he was duly elected. But Moore shows up anyway, and he's not swinging fists or anything. In fact, he's he's he's you can tell he's very intentionally, slowly just moving his body forward trying to enter. And you have are they they called the door manager or something whatever, and you have all these Georgia State Police there, and the door manager kind of pushes his way back into him, and more whether he tripped over a stanchion there's like a little metal footing for this thing that's there, or the foot of one of the officers standing there. More goes backwards, and you know, people like it's exaggerated, but all like he clearly it started with the guy pushing him, is pushed to the ground, he gets up and the Georgia police, the guy who pushed him fades into the back the Georgia police surround him, they put him in handcuffs and arrest him. Well, in Georgia, it says no member during a legislative session, which they are in right now, or during a legislative you know, an event that was called into session basically, and the state of the state is an event called into session. They can't Georgia, this is pretty They can't get arrested, which is the law in a lot of states with the accept you know, they get arrested for murder and stuff, but for most things during any official capacity or time and up to fifteen days after I actually read the statute in Georgia something like this. You can't arrest people that are elected members that are attempting to do something that's part of their duty.
Speaker 3: There and you know, demanding.
Speaker 1: An apology of struggle session because he disparaged your dead friend's name.
Speaker 3: It doesn't work like that.
Speaker 1: So, I mean, what's going on down there is I understand it is pretty pretty bad man, and that's something the governor doesn't want to get involved because he's being a coward.
Speaker 3: He probably should will there be.
Speaker 1: Consequences for the guy, for the guy who shoved this. How about those police officers. This is why this is the concern people have with police officers, is because there are far too many instances where any normal person should recognize that what's happening here shouldn't be happening, and because you have powerful people telling you to do this, like the speaker of the house or the official they have some weird name for again, the door open or the door holder or something whatever they call it. The officer, the presiding officer is what this is. They literally committed assault. Now you got to ask yourself, does the assault rise to the level enough of being able to arrest the speaker? Probably not because of the way that the thing, but for the same reason that more shouldn't be barred from it. And the Georgia police that are that join in on this, no, they this is easy and if you don't understand it, you have an obligation to try to understand it. I read the statute. It seems very clear to me. And I'm not a lawyer. We had a Russhack before the show. I'm not a lawyer, but there's a lot of lawyers around there, and I think it's more a lawyer.
Speaker 3: He might even be a lawyer. The whole thing is.
Speaker 1: Pretty wild and uh, deeply disturbing for again for a number of reasons. Again, so there's not a lot of screaming, there's not even a ton of pushing because bors A keeping his.
Speaker 5: Hands down to Northwest Georgia, who duly elected me to be here today.
Speaker 1: All right, Yeah, so that's it, that's him and uh and just moments later he's in a handc huffs getting let out of there. Yeah, they get them themselves a little bit of a problem down there, Atlanta and Georgia. They're they're going to feature prominently in the show today with one other story, and that's the one I teased for you about. It's not the menu thing where we generally see that outrage. It's arguably arguably something a lot crazier man, a lot crazier. Uh And uh, well you'll tell you what we'll put we'll pair these two together. It's again, it's not the special MLK day menu story. Like every year, that is a thing where they decide, hey, let's have a let's have an MLK menu and then it's fried chicken and collar greens and you know, usually that kind of stuff and then everyone apologizes and and almost every I don't think I've seen a story where anyone wasn't just trying to be nice. I don't know about this one though. And we don't really have the promoter scene as much. I mean, I know it's around in the Try and the Triangle. Anywhere you got people and you know, concert venues or party places, you're going to see this stuff.
Speaker 3: You know, usually they put together.
Speaker 1: Very very bright graphic little little cards to hand out promoting parties, little posters you see. When I was in southern California, it's craps. Everybody's a damn promoter and they do parties. And I have to assume Atlanta's like this too. Ross Ross used to live in Atlanta.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, when I worked there was awful.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And you've got you've got some experience because doing Top forty, you've you've done a bunch of club parties.
Speaker 2: A bunch. I had a club gig Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Wow, three hours every night, open bar, early twenties, and I did it so much of the promoters were like they tried to get me to work with them, like as a promoter, They're like, you'd be great at this, And I'm like no, I hate this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh a good promoter, man, they make bank dude. But it's but I wanted to establish that just because a venue is doing so now the venue has obligation go hey, what are we reading you this for? But there's three parties. There's the you know, there's the venue, there's the promoters and slash artists if they're doing something like that, and then there's you know, everybody else, the customer, so to speak. So initially people saw what I'm going to delicately explain to you be for an event that was being promoted surrounding MLK Junior also including Rosa Parks, but a MLK Day event party, and it's it's clearly just a club party popping bottles, you know, people twerking and and a couple couple hip hop artists, uh three, they're listed on here and you know, so that's pretty innocuous. But what they chose to go with, Rossie, you've seen the Oh that's right, I texted you this morning. You've seen the flyer. Probably not the one you would have gone with, though, right if.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know I would have opted for something different, Okay, Like if that was me, if I took that gig and I'm like, yeah, let's let me be a club promoter. This is now my passion. I would probably went in a different direction than the flyer.
Speaker 3: The name of the event is.
Speaker 1: Good Lord all right. It's at a restaurant called Mela, which is a restaurant lounge.
Speaker 3: It looks you know, it's a club that also serves food.
Speaker 1: During the day. And then you get everybody in their bottle service. They they got hookahs and whatever. And the event is entitled first is MLK Weekend Celebration, So it's actually, uh, tomorrow is the event, and it's entitled he Scared of the Woman part, the thing, the the hats the other word for cats, okay, And the graphic is a photo of a dude, you know, in modern day like athletic clothing. He's got big gold chains around his neck and he is behind a woman who is splayed out in front of him wearing modern day tiny lingerie with a giant butt that this guy's behind. Right, you understand what's going on, and also when you think about the name, that'll give you a little insight into what they're indicating is happening there.
Speaker 2: And listen, man, they put a torque in Rosa Parks.
Speaker 1: I didn't even say that I had that was the listen and their heads are on the bodies.
Speaker 3: MLK is behind Rosa Parks.
Speaker 1: Ye, listen.
Speaker 2: I don't want to maybe that. I don't think that's her body, that's all I listen. It's that's Rosa Parks's elderly face. Yeah, that went with the old face onto like a hold up body. Yeah, directly behind her butt because she's bent over is MLK. I don't think that's MLK once again with the big gold shot.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm trying to read what's on the and the top of the flyer says scared of the P word yeah, which implies that there's something else.
Speaker 2: Like how does this get made?
Speaker 1: And this is the second year because you see the word reloaded god, which is also a pun. They had the same last year and I guess it just didn't make it into the news. Well this time it made it into the news. The only upside here, I don't know that this is an upside, but at least it's it doesn't twist it in this other thing. I'm pretty sure everyone from club ownership to promoter to artists are all black. So there's like it wasn't. Wasn't some white dude who came up with this, so we don't have to have that slice of this. But I don't care holy cow man, because the people who are upset are are obviously the black community, which I don't blame them. Now Here's the thing is is that any more offensive than dipping a crucifix in urine and calling it art? This comes down to whose ox is getting gored? But that just seems like a bad idea all around. So initially they went after the club. They're like, ah, They're like, we're going to cancel the club, and the club's like, there's a promoter he booked with us, which is half correct. But also if I have an if I rent out space to people, I don't care whether you're you you have an apartment or a condo that you rent like an Airbnb thing, or you you have a club and people you know book it for concerts. You ask, don't you I know you do? We were Russia? How many times have you worked with like Live Nation folks, and and where every step of the way, everybody's got to be on the same page on stuff, right for we have to like we do if we give tickets away or contest, we have to get it has to go through all of these different people because everyone wants to make sure everyone's gonna look good.
Speaker 2: There's so many departments, like the imaging and the graphics have to be approved, and like the yeah, the way you're gonna say things, it has to be just right, m the verbiage, you know, the words that you're gonna say.
Speaker 1: I've done, I would, I did. I hosted an event at kocabooth Amphitheater one time and it had you had sponsors attached, and I had a ten minute briefing on exactly how the sponsors how to mention them.
Speaker 2: Oh, they wanted to what orders we're supposed to.
Speaker 1: Be in you So if you don't know who the spikes are in uh NYC, they got a little bit of an issue. And you've probably seen video. Well I know we've seen video because we talked about that. One time. A news crew just stood by the turnstiles and one of the subway stops and just pointed a camera to watch. Like every other person either double load behind somebody's pain or you know, you do the hop right, you put your hands on the turnstile and then swing your legs over like you're a kid going over a fence or like it's a pomer horse or something, and then you ride for free, or you get your buddy to open the gate and you pop in a lot of different ways. So but it's a problem. And I remember the number they were saying in NYC that weren't pain and it was a substantial amount, and so they they decided to do the thing where on the turnstile there's just metal like a metal grate now, and at the top it's cut into like a spiky pattern. I mean, it's not razor sharp or anything, but if you were to put the palm of your hands on those spikes and lift your full body weight, you'd probably injure yourself. And they're like, there, that'll solve it. And now the news crew went down and it's everybody who has figured out that, well, if you just pushed the sides of the spike plates and don't put your hand on there, you can swing, or if you have gloves, and then they're just evading all the affairs again. So that's.
Speaker 3: That's working out pretty well there, and.
Speaker 1: I'm sure it costs them an absolute crap ton of money to go ahead and do that. Yeah, man, that's or see I'm looking at all the different pictures here. Yeah, he's got his hand to the side of the spike plates. I don't know how to describe it. And then he puts a foot where the reader is because it's kind of at an angle. And then I mean it's minimal athleticism. I even me today, I could probably swing myself over then, So they stopped literally nothing. Here's a guy who's using his sleeves to disperse the pressure where his hands are on the spikes, and that seems to be working. It probably took him like a year to do it, and a billion dollars. I don't even see what the price was. So a good job, you've you've prevented nothing. All right, let's get into this. So yesterday the final press conference for Anthony Blincoln happened. Okay, so the big State Department, bye bye, and it went went poorly, went rather poorly. So you have the credential State Department. There's three big credentialings. Well there's four, right, there's the Congressional and Senate credentialing. No that that's not really as much the White House press pool is the top dogs. The Pentagon press pool is number two in state department, Okay, at number three there.
Speaker 3: So it's it's.
Speaker 1: Competitive in how many spaces there are. But you have to generally, you had to meet certain requirements, be of a certain size and notoriety to basically be able to credential in there. And so you have two journalists. You have Max Blumenthal. I'm sure you've heard the name Blumenthal. Used to be New York Times or Post. I can't remember. It doesn't matter. He's in there. He's working for grey Zone News now. And who is the other journalist? Who? Oh, Hussani Husseini, Sam Husseini, Who's he's substack, but he has a big distribution and he writes for Atlantic I think sometimes and various others. All right, So why am I pointing these two out? Because here's how it was structured. So Blincoln was going to say, you know, hey, here's what I did a Secretary of State. Kumbayia. I was a little bit of a victory lap. But it had a dual purpose because of what just transpired or what is transpiring with what's going on in Israel. And so as part of it, he was giving his assessment of what they've done, but also laying out the Israel Gaza where they're at, what's the hostage thing going to look like? What do they and then after that it was gonna be questions. Pretty standard setup mirrors so many press conferences I've gone to to cover and everybody knows what's up. However, as soon as Blincoln started getting into what's going on these two reporters I'm making air quotes, starts screaming questions at him. And at first he's just like, nah, we'll do questions after. And now they start screaming accusations at him, and they had to be like physically restrained and moved out of there. Again, they're not to the Q and A thing yet and they're screaming genocide at him. They're clearly not engaged in journalism anymore. They are pro hamas protesters at this point. They're the same lunatics sitting around banning bagel donations at Columbia University, which will never not be funny, will never not be If you don't know what that is, I'll explain it again because I would want to teat you of this. On the list of things we need by the student protesters at Columbia University. They also had a list of things they don't need. And some of it's practical, like they're like, oh, we already have enough water, so maybe get us something else, but it's just randomly floating around on the do not donate list. We're bagels, which makes sense if you think about it, right, they're like, ah, that's too jewish, and it's just it's also so childish. But that's what these two and they're not young people who's saying. He looks like he's probably in your retirement age. And so he's sitting there screaming, criminal, criminal, Why aren't you in the Hague? Why aren't you in the Hague? Why aren't you in the Hague. The other journal lists too, are looking at him like what are you doing? And then Blumenthal starts screaming, and he goes, why don't you answer? We're a free press. So they tried to go that round. They're just a reporter doing that, whereas every other reporter was listening to it probably had their own questions, and by the way, I probably were questions that were very not you know, very negative, because they're all basically in the bag for this, you know, this anti Israel kick in the way that you see these stories emulate. And but no, they couldn't even wait and they're screaming at blinking Weich, don't get me wrong, and a love for Anthony blinkn running around. We made it one of his state ad missions to essentially promote and then you know, insane social justice stuff worldwide and then get money funded to it. You know, nobody, You have no idea how many woke NGOs have your money to run around in foreign countries and try to woke it up. Like in the same way that we felt it was our job to spread democracy, this administration thinks it's their job to spread wocism, which I think the voters uh weighed in on that back in November. So we'll see how that goes. Do you know the FBI shut down their DEI office already.
Speaker 3: I wonder why that is.
Speaker 1: Weird? I why you shut it down? You think they retained all records? That all thing's a mess.
Speaker 2: No, dude, I heard that we both had the same idea, So I read that yesterday. I'm like, dude, that paper shredder was like an old time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, all there's twenty dudes in a room right now, just sweating on their an eighth cup of coffee. Just like that scene in the firm right where Tom Cruise looks to the door that what's going on in there? Like nothing? Nothing is having a shred night. Nothing to see here? Crazy, But uh, these two should never be credentialed again.
Speaker 2: Am I wrong?
Speaker 4: Here?
Speaker 1: I have to think a death sentence for your ability to get credentialed in Washington or anywhere if that matter, but definitely in Washington, definitely.
Speaker 3: One of these high level.
Speaker 1: Is when you when you've decided you're no longer a journalist and you're an activist. And who's in he as an activist? It's not even close. Bloomenthal is he is an activist? I don't I never got to read he was as committed. But he is a giant moonbat. And you can't in the middle of press conference turn into one of these protesters that glues yourself to stuff. So what's crazy is both of them should never be credentialed again ever, and that the first the first thing that Trump's State Department's got to do is revoke those I don't know what the what the Biden State Department's done. But you can't do that. You're not journalists trying to get an answer. You're you're you're this performative stuff. Do you remember when and oh yeah, it was our old boy jimmy College, Remember when Jim Acosta wouldn't give the microphone back And that was a whole that whole event, just the just the smugness of it. But no, you're gonna wig out and have to get drug out like somebody getting extracted from a plane by by a.
Speaker 3: Team of security.
Speaker 1: And this I saw people were comparing it to what happened to that senator down in Georgia we talked about. No, these are remarkably different things. One of the first, the senator is an elected official who is mandated by his oath of office to attend these events.
Speaker 3: So that's one thing.
Speaker 1: This is a reporter who if he stays in his lane and does reporting, not only will get questions and even can yell over his colleagues if he wants, But you don't get to disrupt the whole thing. And and now you're not he's not even asking questions anymore. He's just screaming genocide, and and you should go to the Hagen stuff. Uh and uh I I don't. I've scanned like three stories this morn. I have not seen where they've they've said that they're pulling the uh you know, in a normal world, their outlets.
Speaker 3: Well, Hussein, he's independent, but Blumenthal's.
Speaker 1: Outlet would fire him because the you penalize the outlet too if they don't. It was a really really bad look. And uh, I I expect because we saw examples with Trump, it'll be handled a little differently should it break out. All right, coming up on the show, I mentioned the Washington Post there will get a little update on one of their employees.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: And wait till you hear what the city of la is doing. They just can't help themselves. And we'll even hear from Jim Acosta and Pete Callender at eight oh five he'll come up, so lots to get to hang on. Well, we'll well, what would you think is not worth your time? Not a good idea? Gun stores? Right, that's probably I mean, that's probably very lucrative if you can get through there. But I don't think I've ever been in a gun store where an employee, or for that matter of customer didn't literally have a gun at the ready, and there's a lot of ideos of people coming in and getting just blasted. Man, but that'd be up there. How about this one? How about a VFW post? You didn't it'd be a good idea to rob a VFW post. Obviously there's probably not gonna be as much money readily available to you. And there's the part where it's a VFW But that didn't stop two cretens up in come on Massachusetts. What is the name of the stupid town bill Billy Rica, Billerry, I don't care. I don't even know where it is in Massachusetts. But anyway, two people decided they were going to go rob the Bill Bill Rica VFW post.
Speaker 3: And actually I will say this, they went in there and they were.
Speaker 1: Able to, like the two of them, haul a safe out of there. But here's where the story gets crazy. They get the safe out and obviously the police didn't get involved, and they're looking for him, and then randomly, not the police, but rather some of the VFW guys, one of which I had a tow truck with the safe literally loaded on it and brought it back and then police had to go figure out how they got their safe back. There's a lot more to this story. And then I guess the police ended up finding the two. Yeah, they did arrest They did eventually arrest them with whatever information some of the VFW members provided. You know, who thought that was a good idea? Who thought going into a building that you know, is going to be at the very least filled with people have had basic training, let alone the types of folks that tend to hang out at a VFW right generally, generally in the VFW, the types of folks there because you know, I, you know, I, uh, every I had a lot of military service in my family and so, you know, including grandfather and two of my uncles and cousins and all the rest. I spent some time at a VFW. Especially if you live in a small town. The VFW is a hub for a lot of stuff. I've been too, multiple weddings at the VFW and where I grew up a lot of things. Generally, that seems like the it seems like the group who's not going to sit there and put up with it. The fact that these idiots got their safe left and somehow got the safe back, and then police had to code to them to find the suspects. I want to know the condition the suspects are in, because if the the other thing is you get a lot of retired guys here in the VFW and they're like, I don't got anything to do. Hey, you guys want to use our training to go track down these idiots get our stuff back. Well they did so good on them. All right. It's a little weird, weird story I saw there, but I love it absolutely all right, let me uh, I promise him, Jim Acosta audio, but I want to play the whole thing for you, and I'm gonna need a little more time. Yeah. Oh wait, Oh we have Austin Paul here, all right, well maybe he was in on it, Yes, Boston Paul. What's up?
Speaker 4: Bill A record? Bill a record?
Speaker 1: It's our I c or r I c A at the end, Bill a RecA.
Speaker 3: You know what you get?
Speaker 1: This is why we got you.
Speaker 3: Guys should be absorbed into some other state.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: Hey, if you were describing a poster earlier and I wasn't, I wasn't getting the picture, can you describe it against me? But a little more detail.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what I will email it to you.
Speaker 1: How's that?
Speaker 6: Ros?
Speaker 1: Ross.
Speaker 3: Did you post the link to the article?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 5: I did.
Speaker 1: Okay, if you go to Twitter Boston Paul, it's the link. A toddler found wandering around alone outside on the Jersey Shore. So how did that happen?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 1: Well, it went like this. It was let's see twelve thirty yesterday afternoon. So there's that the toddler had been under the care of a babysitter, that the family had hired. The babysitter. Oh lord, she's on one of these babysitting sites mom trusted. Oh she has a good rating too. She's thirty years old, elementary education degree, but I guess she has her own or she's pursuing an RN So now she's babysitting. So what happened? Well, police find this toddler and like, what the hell's go is there a toddler roaming around? They figure out where the toddler lives to go to the house. The babysitter is almost dead, not from a home invasion. She got into the family's booze stash and drank herself to the point she had to have her stomach pumped. So obviously at that point she to nighted. Looking after the toddler. Yeah, she almost died because she consumed so much alcohol. In fact, it was the toddler probably walking around and then subsequent police coming to figure out where the kid lives and coming to the house that probably saved her. Okay, now I'll try her profile. She was thirty, she's thirty five. Now she's been doing that for a while. Then that's scary stuff too, because it sounds like the family, Yeah, they had not used her before you people? Is that a thing? I guess. I don't have kids.
Speaker 3: I don't know how it works.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't When I was a kid, I don't remember all of our babysitters. But I don't think I remember any babysitter that wasn't known to my family. Do you We had a couple, we had a couple that were family friends, like the older daughters that were a primary, But I don't remember any babysitters that weren't in like where they didn't know them before you left your kids? Is that a thing that you do now?
Speaker 3: If you go on a.
Speaker 1: Website and there's a good enough star rating, you're comfortable enough leaving your kids with them. I'm just asking. I don't know and I don't have kids, and I could criticize how you do stuff, but that.
Speaker 3: Just seems insane to me.
Speaker 1: Like it'd be one thing if you had a very trusted family friend and their babysitter who maybe you didn't know, but you've known your friend thirty years and the babysitters worked for them for five years, and maybe you take a leap there. But hiring off the internet feels like like buying drugs on where the all the stuff's misspelled.
Speaker 3: Just the roll of the dice.
Speaker 1: But also it seems like a very efficient way for people who want to be caregivers. And I'm sure most of them are, you know, fine with your kids. But she's like, I'm in the Jersey Shore, I'm gonna I'm gonna party up, and you pay a membership fee to use the website. Well, that sounds like that website is gonna have themselves a problem. Nanny Nanny Laine issued a statement said we're very happy to hear the toddler is safe and the okay, so it was a neighbor, was the because I was trying to figure out because the toddler couldn't say where they lived. I guess a neighbor saw the police went over and was like, oh, that's the kid from there. Okay, yeah, they had tried the site for three days, so they didn't they din't't have trust in the site. They sign up for the site. Three days later they a complete stranger comes over like, here, watch our kids, and she almost died and your kid almost died. Oh yeah, there's a lawsuit coming there. Man, Holy cow. All right, let me get to the gym Acosta audio. All right, what is this? Some people said, I've used care dot com to find it, so I'm just asking again, I don't know, and I also don't know what those sites promise you from a vetting perspective. And then also you have to trust that the site's going to do it. So do you vet the site to make sure they're telling the truth. That's the part where it just seems seems a little strange to me. But because I can't you know, obviously, I can't remember when I was young, young, but I don't remember any babysitter that wasn't well known to my family ever. Ever, I remember that I felt bad for them. Oh we were a little rambunctious, but they handled it, so whatever, all right. Let me get over to the Jim Acosta stuff. So I'm not a fan of and you see it mostly with sports, but a lot of politics stuff. I hate going click in a video where somebody's up at a podium speaking, So it could be like a coach in a post game, or it could be Anthony Blincoln, or could be Joe Biden. It doesn't matter. And I click on it assuming I'm gonna hear whatever it is they're saying, because they haven't disclosed it, and it's just somebody with this with an Ai dub who's a poor writer. It's half the time, it's never even fine. It's clearly not real. I clicked on this Acosta video and there was a part of me. I'm so untrusting now that there's a part of me the whole time until he pulls the stupid sign out where I'm like, is this real? Is it? Because yeah, the guy's an ego maniac, but really, really, okay, it's clearly it is clearly delusional. What you're gonna hear a Costa say, I'm gonna play right here talking about how the media is the lifeblood of America and they're great and we're here and here's proof.
Speaker 3: Listen to this stupidity.
Speaker 7: I want to take a moment to talk about something President Biden said during his farewell address. He warned, the free press is crumbling in this country. I would add that's only if we, the people, let that happen. Journalists exist to seek the truth, to tell people's stories, to lift up voices that may not be heard otherwise, to shine a light on injustice, and to hold the powerful accountable. We are not the enemy of the people. We are the defenders of the people. Walter Cronkite once said, freedom of the press is not just important to democracy, it is democracy. I want to take a moment to show you something. A woman sent me this sign eight years ago. She carried it here at a march in Washington. She wrote on the back of the sign to me and the press here in DC, you have our support to Nora wherever you are.
Speaker 1: Right back at you, Oh yeah, we're We're not We're not there. We're the defenders of the people. Well, clearly the people haven't got the memo, and less and less of them actually believe that, and especially with you, sir, and you are no Walter Cronkite, how's that to quote another quote that is usable here and then this science so right, you think it's a legit sign. I'm so cynical. I think he had his daughter make it put some glitter on there, even if it is, because yeah, I did see some of those marches. Who the hell knows? Man, holy is? What is Jamal hate date night? Hold on, let's check this out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jamal, what's up?
Speaker 6: Well, just real quick, the press is the defenders of democracy, the podcasts are defenders of the republic. But Kingsey, well, my kids were children. I never had a babysitter. I'm one of those parents, Kasey that was always scared that something may happen like that when it comes to the drunk babysitter. The only people that have ever watched my children is their grand their grandmother, my wife's mother, and my wife's father because both of my parents passed away. So that was the only people who ever watch my children. Other than that. Of course, you know daycare, well Christian Daytare we send them to you know, we pick them up after work.
Speaker 1: But okay with my on the culture and says, you've never had your children, never had a babysitter, So that's a.
Speaker 6: You know, I've never had a babysitter. I've never had a babysitter never.
Speaker 1: Well, yes you have. There were relatives and daycare. So I thought you were so. I thought you were like never never so, And it's fine. I'm not criticizing you for it, but I mean, just don't know them. They don't count as a babysitter.
Speaker 6: No, their family, they don't count as babysitting. Your grandmother, your grandmother, and your granddaddy do not count as babysitters. And of course the school, because I want to make sure I say this because if you' somebody hear me say it, doesn't tell my wife. My wife will email me immediately. I'm not saying teachers are babysitters. No, Ma, daycare there not babysitters. They are there to educate and teach and stuff like that. No, we're adding tiing a babysit or someone like from an agency or the next door neighbor kid. No, never had them, and I will never have called baby city.
Speaker 1: I hear the best ones are on the dark web.
Speaker 6: Actually, so now see that those are the daddy that's the biggest hit in Daddy.
Speaker 1: Those are sugar baby. I just assumed those were babysitters that brought candy. That's something different, Okay, all right, well I'll do some research, all right, Jamal, have a good one there, yeah, Ross you heard that right. The dark web is where the best babysitters are film right there? So oh wait, no, hold on, that's for people who have a toddler fetish where they pretend to be babies, and that's that's different, all right, Yeah, should have research that. Speaking of research, Ken Boone's research in the weather.
Speaker 3: So do you have kids, Ken Boone?
Speaker 5: I do too, but they're they're in college.
Speaker 1: Well let me ask you this, would you did you ever hire a babysitter off of like a website and then just leave your kids with them? I never did that. Now there's a story where in New Jersey family did that, and they the babysitter almost died. The toddler's out wandering around in the cold. The babysitter got in the liquor cabinet and was put herself in critical condition drinking so much. Oh wow, And only the finding the toddler were they able to find hersh but I would have died. And it's like the family had never met her. They went on a website and just say all right, here's our kid, and then left and I don't know, it seems crazy to me, but anyway, all right, sorry to drag you into that, sir, no proper for other purposes, So ruin everybody's travel plans go.
Speaker 5: Yes, Well, we've got some some wet weather that's going to head in this weekend and then turning really cold as we look towards the early part of next week, and the possibility for some winter precipitation as we head toward the middle of next week. So sunshine today, temperatures into low part of the fifties. Clouds will roll in here tonight load to bit thirties. We have a chance of rain tomorrow, best chance through the morning, highs low fifties. We'll keep a chance of raining around on Sunday, mainly again through the first half of the day, highs up her forties. And then here comes that cold air, clearing skies and near twenty Sunday night, low thirties, Monday and Tuesday for highs with lows in the teens, and again Tuesday night into early Wednesday. If we're gonna see any winter precipitation, I think that would be the best chance to see something.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, let's let's hope we don't so, all right, thanks man, I appreciate it. Alrighty, all right, thought to kem boone here in the next hour. You know what, I think we have a strong leader for our get the wood chippers story of the day.
Speaker 3: Well we have, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'll let you decide. We'll we'll do a little contest kind of other thing. I'm gonna tell you two stories. When we return, you tell me who most needs the wood chipping. Okay, we'll do it next hang on, that's my confirmation. We got a lot to get into with with him. That'll that'll be at eight oh five. All right, well we got two stories. Let's pretend we only got one wood chipper and see who gets it, shall we? All right, let me start here. Washington Post pullets are prize winning cartoonists and obviously a seething moonbat TDS sufferer.
Speaker 3: Was arrested Darren Bell and he is where's he lives?
Speaker 1: He lives in Sacramento. And they they went in full like full kit and arrest of this dude over eight over What did he have? Okay? So what triggered it is somebody uploaded eighteen files of child porn, child sexual abuse. They ended up busting him allegedly. This is what the arrest report says, with one hundred and thirty four videos like tens of thousands of folk, I mean of just awful, awful, fully sharing this stuff is what they're saying online, all right. And it's ironic because Bell there's several of his cartoons where he was literally tackling like groomer stuff, and you know, the Nazism of Republicans calling people groomers, and you know, it's it is really weird how so many times we find ourselves going the loudest critics of people being critical are telling on themselves, and then the story turns out.
Speaker 3: To be true. We don't know yet. Here, these are just alleged. The arrest was made.
Speaker 1: They hold them on a million dollars bail though, and remember he was arrested in California. Also, they say that he was using an AI child porn generator. So that's that's a new thing that's now in my memory as existing. So that's awful. So so that's contestant number one. Contestant number one contestant number two in a moment, let me grab a quick phone call Hannah, what's going on?
Speaker 8: Hey, Casey Salla's calling because I'm a pediatric PA and I see new parents all the time who just needs all kinds of new parent advice. And one of the biggest things I tell them is like, do not use websites. Do not use Facebook pages to find a babysitter. Don't post I need a babysitter. Don't get anything. This is crazy. You can't bet people like that, you have no just because they have a background check just can mean nothing. It means they haven't been caught. I mean, it's just terrible. I've had two, like in the past five years to molest station cases from the in home daycare where it's you know, Susie from church is watching them. But you can't control nephew or grandson that comes in and out of the house.
Speaker 1: All the time. I mean, but you know that, and I know you know this, but you know the the idea that somebody's good, if somebody's gonna mess with the.
Speaker 3: Kid, there's a huge chunk of.
Speaker 1: That that's coming from inside the family right where you see these cases. So you're never going to be one hundred percent, but at least you got to on those folks, right, you gotta beat us. And I feel bad for people who literally just want to care for kids and are good at it and trying to expand what they're doing because and this this creeps it out. All right, Well that's uh, I'm sorry, but that's that's part of your gig and I hate that you have to see it. But yeah, this whole thing seemed weird to me, and I appreciate you calling in there. Oof, there's no there's no winners in any of these stories. All right, here is contestant number two for the chip.
Speaker 3: Are you ready?
Speaker 1: An Australian social media influencer has been arrested and charged by police after she was drugging her top. I guess he's one, the one, Yeah, he's one. She's drugging her own one year old. She to make videos and uh part some of the videos look like early on like she's trying to do the David at the dentist, But like, what's a one year old saying? But these are prescription drugs that she's misusing. She's using essentially her anxiety medication and you know the stuff they give you if you're afraid of flying and drugging her kid with it. But then she spun it allegedly into her kids having health problems. It's a.
Speaker 3: What's the what's the thing.
Speaker 1: Where you where you make your kids sick? Right, so you can get the attention that goes Yeah, Munchausen by proxy. It feels a lot like that. And so then she would make these weepy videos about how she's a single mom. She's just trying to raise this kid who's got all these medical concerns, and when she sticks on the camera, the kid looks like he's off, but it's because he's on all this medication. So I know, I don't know who gets the wood chipper there, man, somebody would drug their own one old for internet clout and you know, could have killed him very easily, could have killed him, or the dude with the AI child porn generator, or maybe we just need to buy more woodshippers. I don't know, man. Uh. She's charged with five counts of administering poison. I don't know how that stacks up in Australia, but they did. They did hit her with a with like a top charge of torture. You know what good I did the math and the math doesn't math. The math I'm referring to would be the number of minutes and or hours necessary for our next guest, Pete Callander and I to thoroughly go through the absolute slog that has been the last week. But we will make every every calendar midday's WBT. How you doing, brother?
Speaker 4: I am doing well, sir. How are you?
Speaker 1: I wish I would all. I wish we weren't drinking out of a fire hose every day.
Speaker 4: But I have a I have a stack of prep that is probably about two inches thick. Because I'm old school, I print out all of my you.
Speaker 1: Know, poor Ross has to cobble the document together every night. So yeah, so but yes, that's how our forefathers did it, damn it, That's how we dies so exactly well.
Speaker 4: But you know what you could like I hear hosts every now and again who run off of uh strictly like a laptop or you know, a tablet or something, and you can always tell when they're searching for the tab that they had opened for the article that they want to reference, because they're like really long pause and they're trying to find the tab and you can hear the clicking and stuff, and so well, so.
Speaker 3: Here's the deal.
Speaker 1: You don't I don't necessarily need a paper copy, but I need the word document because in a word document you have you can show the navigation pain and if you, if you if and so when Ross puts it together, like I'll send them all the links and then he'll grab whatever, like in my laptop in front of me. Now you still you still want to have paper of your computer craps, but and you post that, and on the left is just all of the headlines of your stories, so you just stare over the one you want and click over to it, whereas tabs are hard to see, but you can see the full headlines.
Speaker 3: So so yeah, I for the middle, I agree.
Speaker 4: I use Google docs. Google documents for that very.
Speaker 3: Thing right right here, right now, right because you sent it to me.
Speaker 6: So yeah, So.
Speaker 4: It's very helpful because it converts all the links into the headline so you can easily find. So I've got that open during the show in case for some reason I come across something that I slapped into the Google document. But that, like my Google document is now I think thirty eight pages long of just prep links that I don't ever get to because drinking from a fire.
Speaker 1: Hose, Yeah, that's exactly it. But there are predictive things in this business. And now I want to point out that Pete and I have not coordinated this conversation. I intentionally didn't do it, but I think that Pete will know exactly the answers to these questions. And when I talk about predictive events, if you've been doing this as long as you and I have been doing this, you know that when you hit certain milestones.
Speaker 3: Dates of the year, holidays.
Speaker 1: Weekends, specific things, that there is a type of story that you're just kind of waiting for. Okay, it's kind of you just you know, it's you know it's coming, like.
Speaker 3: Fourth or tween. Somebody somebody's losing there.
Speaker 1: I was just going to say, how okay, So, and again we have not coordinated this. What is the story around Halloween that you and I both know will eventually emerge on a college campus somewhere.
Speaker 4: What is it right somebody will have dressed in a culturally insensitive manner and outrage will ensue.
Speaker 1: Correct, absolutely one percent. What is the story that during it could be either as early as MLK holiday, but will have absolutely transpired at some point by the end of February. What is that story every year on the food front that we know is going to happen on the food front, Yes, yes, yes, yes, m OK or Black History Month a food oh yeah, story that will happen every year.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean there's going to be something involving, you know, inappropriate use of iconic figures and maybe insensitive events that.
Speaker 3: Command the mark.
Speaker 1: You're getting swayed because the one story we have, which no, no, no, there will inevitably be a story of a restaurant or a cafeteria that decides to do an m l oh.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah right, and they'll sell collared greens or something. Right, Yeah, They'll have a they'll have a menu that has culturally insensitive food on it, and outrage will ensue.
Speaker 1: Well, in most cases too, the foods is good, and in most of those stories, there's not. They were doing it to be mean, like there, right they they literally were trying to do it too, and it just it blew up. This year we went in a different direction down in Atlanta. I did not see this one referencing you didn't this I poisoned you a little with it because this is I didn't expect to see this one. So if you miss a part of the show in Atlanta, a promoter who had partnered with a venue was promoting a party which I can't read the name of, but the you know the bill, the little flyer for it has a a a modern in modern clothing, right. It has a dude with like athletic clothes and big gold chains who is right behind a woman who's bent over a table. Clearly you know what's going on. She's wearing a little nothing, basically little long and the name of it implies that that he they're they're using an alternative in that. And the heads of the figures are rows of old rosa parks from when she's getting the Congressional Medal of Honor the Presidential Medal of Honor, or not medal of honor, what's the Medal of Freedom. That's the photo from her on stage getting it. And it's that on the on the woman's body and MLK and the man's body. And they said, and it's the second year they've done this party, right, what's going on?
Speaker 4: So it's so then the name of the event, but I'll help you out with this one. Is he scared of the cat the kitty?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, yes, right.
Speaker 4: Reloaded so yeah obviously right, yes m LK weekend celebration.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 4: And it's at some Ethiopian restaurant, which they look just as an aside. They've come a long way, I would say, because when I was a kid, you would not ever expect to see an Ethiopian restaurant. I'm just saying due to the current events at the time, I feel like famine and yes, so the idea, yeah yeah, yeah, so the idea now, I mean, and I think it is very important that we honor progress where it occurs, because so many times in our political culture and in our society kind of at large, we never stop and recognize the progress that we have made. Particularly it's bad among progressives, ironically enough, they never think that we've actually progressed. And so I think it's important to note that that here they are now with restaurants in America, right, God bless America. So there's that. Now. The other thing here is that I like, I'm not sure who is in charge of this, like the restaurants as I understand it, has come out and said like we didn't do anything about this, like we just like both.
Speaker 1: And to have a party. You and I have worked in radio enough and and we're we have promoters, and we have a vent whether it's spoke and the amount of bureaucracy for us to do like a show, you know with a guess maybe we d PAK or something like. Yeah, everybody kind of knows what's going on. I don't think the restaurant's off the hook, even if they didn't plan it, because.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not saying completely.
Speaker 4: Right. I'm not saying they're completely off the hook. I don't know what the branding was like last year. Maybe this year is different or something. But also, if this isn't Ethiopian restaurant, I am assuming that the owners are in fact Ethiopian. I know that's a big assumption, but I'm just going to assume that they may not actually And so think about think about like somebody coming from another country, they arrive in America, they set up a restaurant in Atlanta, I assume, or a restaurant and club I guess, so they are catering to a clientele, right, think about when they are presented with this poster that they are not sort of steeped in the cultural ways of America of the last you know, thirty forty years or so, so all they know is what they have recently been exposed to culturally. So when they look at a poster of this sort, they don't see anything wrong with it. They don't see something And again this is not a defense to anybody that it is.
Speaker 1: This is, but you're in culture minutes, if you're in Atlanta for five minutes, you're gonna hear about mk no.
Speaker 4: I agree, yeah, yeah, yeah, down there, yes, absolutely, no, absolutely. But the idea though that this isn't sort of in line with the cultural norms, I think that might be a bit too much to ask somebody who's not from America, and they just they're exposed to the current cultural norm where this kind of imagery is. It's pretty normal. Not with the faces on the bodies obviously, but like this kind of use of the body and the selling of sex and promiscuity and all.
Speaker 1: Of that rightsolutely right.
Speaker 4: So they get presented with this this poster, even if they knew who Rosa Parks was by you know, by the photo identification, right, So let's assume that they knew that that was Rosa Parks. Think about it, that they are in this current culture and they would not recognize that this is egregious, right, That to me is an indictment if true. Again, I gotta keep saying, I don't know who the owners are, you know, what they knew, what their body of knowledge was about these uh, these historical figures. But if they were unaware and of who these people are, or even if they knew who they are, but they think that this is acceptable because of what they see all around them all the time currently, that's an indictment.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what, I'll meet you halfway on it.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I should do is I should have gone instead of see how long the restaurant's been there, you know, and they're about me?
Speaker 3: Yeah they're there twenty years?
Speaker 4: Then then yeah they should know better.
Speaker 1: Absolutely all right, I'll meet you halfway on that. And you know what I think it is. I think that they just have really poor planning when it comes to bar events in Atlanta.
Speaker 3: Did you see the story a few weeks ago or do I guess it was just.
Speaker 1: Before the bit we all kind of took our big vacation.
Speaker 3: Of the bar.
Speaker 1: It's just outside of Atlanta, and it's very rule. And if you look at what I do you do this when you want to look and get a sense for a place, do you ever go to like Google Earth and look at a street view or or if you're on there, if you click on a restaurant and on the Google and they they have photos, they have photos of what it looks like when there's a bunch of people in there, so you can get a sense of Do they have a bar, a nice bar to sit at. They have a pool table, even if it's not just I use it all the time. This bar, this one not for this one, but for this other story. So the bar and the other story from a few weeks ago. So it's pickup trucks, many of which have like blue collar you know, like Mike's plumbing all that, motorcycles and uh you know, dirt parking lot. And it looks like it looks like it's it's uh, you know, very very blue collar, probably a little rednecky. From the juke box and the posters that are up there, it looks like kind of place I'd actually like to go. And those are the places I like. So so they hire a band to come in and one of the singers in the band starts screaming about killing white people, and the owner didn't vet it well. And then it turned into the stereotypical where they were breaking pool cues to fight eGain, and it's the whole thing is insane. It's like I'm looking at the bar and I'm like that, and and every and every one of the photos it's a bunch of it's a bunch of white people, bikers and uh, you know, farmer looking dudes, and and so you brought in the Bill Whitey thing. And what was so funny is the old Eddie Murphy bit when he did the VFW.
Speaker 3: Do you remember that?
Speaker 9: No, but.
Speaker 1: If you can quickly find that he's probably doing something else but.
Speaker 4: The jazz singer Neil Diamond, he dresses up in black face.
Speaker 1: You have you never seen the old Eddie Murphy. You never seen the old Eddie Murphy of vf W skit from ESSENL. It's dude, it's one of they have. It's one of the So Eddie Murphy is part here. It is okay?
Speaker 3: Is that the is that the no, give me the hook? Is that the hook?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: Here?
Speaker 1: It is all right. So it's a there're a they're a reggae band, and so.
Speaker 3: It's it's all a bunch of old veterans. It's all a bunch of old veterans.
Speaker 1: And uh, and Eddie Murphy's guys go up there and start singing this hold on, hold.
Speaker 10: On, what fun my record?
Speaker 1: All Right? He did the meme, and it's like, that is our society now doing the meme. You saw Kirsten gillibrand Pete Hegseth did the meme the other day with the came for the plate of salad and all that. So I'm going to use this transition, probably a lot later than I should have. H What have you thought of the confirmation hearings? Do you think anyone's been disqualified or you think they're going to sound through?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think they're all going to get through. I think they're I think hag Seth was the toughest one to get through, and he did well. Yeah, he did well.
Speaker 1: Women, I'm sorry, I don't want to make this about women, but like Democrat women, you're not doing yourself any favors.
Speaker 4: No, No, it's uh, it's yeah, it's have you heard this term the long house? I you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: I've heard I've heard of reference from a Native American perspective, but I think you means so, right, So what is.
Speaker 4: It about the long house? And these remember the native cultures, the indigenous people who their their villages and their societies were governed and led by women. And so this is what is now kind of emerging, is this narrative if you will that uh, like, this is what the long house looks like? And uh, I mean yeah, like, I like there is a way to you know, express passion and uh and emotion and you know, lay into account for me or something. But there's also a line that you shouldn't cross when it turns into shrieking, you know.
Speaker 1: And you're telling on your stuff because you don't think you can compete unless you do that. That's what's that's what's crazy about it, right, Yeah, you have to do that even though your male counterparts are being equally as jerkish and bringing up irrelevant stuff, but you feel you have to do it at a higher decibel, right.
Speaker 4: And yeah, and that's the thing. We all know what these hearings are about. They're all going to get confirmed, it looks like, and what these hearings are about is creating the thirty second clip so you can send it out to your big time donors and then they all know that you're fighting for them and they'll throw you some more money. That's that's all these things are good for, I think at this point. I honestly though, the best one I saw was Rubio's Marco Rubios, where I guess because he is a senator and he has good relationships with the people that you know, he served with that it was actually a discussion about like geopolitics and American posture toward the rest of the world. It was actually very substantive. It was three hours long, but I enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: Why look, I watched a whole bunch of Democrats Republicans who were asking substantive questions. I appreciate that there's also Republican posturing, but it's just oh yeah, so all right, I got a roll. And by the way, shriek skull, Kirsten Gillibran shriek scolding hag Seth over drinking is hilarious. But that's for another day. All right, Pete, have a good weekend. Brother who wants to talk about exploding livestock? Raise your all of you, Okay, good, good, good good. But we're not gonna start there. But I'm gonna go there because, yes, even though I don't live in Wyoming anymore, that's where I come from. And uh, there's a So I follow the news and there's a there's an interesting story out there, and I went to go read it, the latest update on it, because it sounds like the thing's getting approved. And the comments were insane. People are upset, and they got all different things, and then they started pulling up old stuff and going, well, there's a way you can't trust wyomingites. They blow up horses. So don't worry. It's all gonna make sense.
Speaker 3: Here we go.
Speaker 1: So this is interesting. One of the things we know about the windmills, the big you know, the big wind turbines, is the blades have a lifespan, and when you take them apart, it is they generally just they it's landfill city, man. They're not reusing them. It's you know, it's the part of green energy that they don't dwell upon. You know, where it's eating all the eagles and then there's massive amounts of waste. But there is so what do you do with those blades? Well, some lawmakers in Wyoming had an idea because Wyoming has their own issue when it comes to energy production, albeit of the older school variety. If any of you have ever spent any time out in Wyoming around the Gillette area, they have mines, including the largest open faced coal mine in the world.
Speaker 3: And it's not close.
Speaker 1: In fact, if you're in Gellette and you go on the old highway like five ten miles towards Claremont and Flow where I'm from, which is like ninety miles away, you are presented with the that mine and it's right alongside the road.
Speaker 3: In fact, there's like a pull off rest stop.
Speaker 1: And then these and then there's a viewing tower. It's just and i'll describe it's like a platform for speakers or whatever. And you walk up there and you look down in this thing. When you look down, you see what looks like a regular sized dump truck, but it's so far down. It's one where you if you stood next to it, your head wouldn't come up to the middle of the wheel. And you and so on many occasions, me and my buddies a stare down into that thing just because I don't know, we're dudes whatever. But once you're done with that particular mine. And there are two where they start on a new hole. They have to backfill it, but they don't have enough earth to backfill it because there's the earth they took.
Speaker 3: But once they hit the coal and you can see the coal, it's pure coal.
Speaker 1: There's so much and that's all been extracted and utilized. So now what do you fill it with? Well, some lawmaker in Wyoming is like, hey, what if we we offer essentially a hole for them to throw all.
Speaker 3: Their stupid old blades in.
Speaker 1: We charge them a crap ton of money that and then we don't have to pay for, you know, having to fill it in with other stuff, and then we save money and make money at the same time. It's that fiscal responsibility in Wyoming I love so much. So who would hate on this? Apparently everybody because it's got the word coal in it.
Speaker 3: It's just the dumbest stuff.
Speaker 1: And then somebody decided to roll the exploding horse hand grenade. I have heard this insult for as long as I right, as long as I've been alive, as long as I paid attention to this stuff, and I realized people don't know about this very much. But let me, let me explain it. Really, it got some prominence here. I don't know about a year ago. I don't think we did it on the air, but in in Wyoming rangers forest rangers because of how dry it was announced that they would cease or temporarily cease uh A, something that they do, and that is blowing up dead horses. And I know true, you're like, what why would you literally detonate a horse carcass? Okay, they're not killing the horses. Are these are either these are horses that they utilize and then the horse dies. But they're up at they're in patrol cabins. A patrol cabins up in the Shoshone wilderness there. That's where these rangers come in. And if you've got a horseback country falls, gets injured, has to be put down. What do you do with the carcass? And you don't leave it? And the reason you don't leave it is because if it's in proximity to where you are, you're going to be in proximity to grizzly bears and wolves in a minute. So I'm not making this up. In fact, there is a there is little There are documents that you can get from the US Forest Service that give you a tutorial on how to.
Speaker 3: Blow up a horse.
Speaker 2: No, I encountered this, Actually, no I did. I'm being serious. So, okay, like two thousand and three, I took a job I was working in Omha, Nebraska. I took a job at a radio station in Salt Lake City and I drive through. Yeah, there was about I don't know, I want to say, fifteen to twenty minute span when I'm driving through Wyoming and it was just raining cattle parts onto my car.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's I remember, like fifteen the big thud. Damn, Like is that like a hoof? Yeah, it's free meat. So all right, I'm sorry that happened to you. That's that thing that totally happened. I'm sorry that happened to you. No, No, this is serious and many and we don't explain if we have a cow die.
Speaker 3: Here's the deal.
Speaker 1: On a ranch, you'll have what's called a boneyard usually and so and it's it's as far away from one where the higher elevation, but two you want it as far away obviously of where you're going to be on the regular. And while we don't explode a dead cow, we'll load them up in the front loader or whatever or whatever we need, pop them on, drive them out there, and then carcass there and you can burn them. Now I'm such a jerk. What I would do is I drop the carcass there because we don't have down that lower part the proximity. They're probably gonna get a grizzly bear down there. I get some wolves, but but I'm looking for coyotes, baby, So if we had a cow die, I'd be sad, but I'd also be happy cause now I'm gonna put that fresh carcass there and you show up and there's bones of cows. There's bones of cows, just bacon in the sun there from my great grandparents. Because we don't have a lot of critters that eat bones and antlers like you see it like North Carolina's got a lot.
Speaker 3: We don't have a lot of.
Speaker 1: Forest floor and so we don't like That's why you can find shed hoorns. I found a shed horns that's calcified. That's amazing. That's clearly from an elk from probably before I was born. They just don't go away. And I'd put the carcass there and then about two hundred yards away. There's this like this very random rise, little butte looking thing, and you can I can drive up on top of it and I go up there and at dusk and me and my buddies would just be sitting there shooting the breeze and then we just slay in coyotes man, which in Wyoming, even if you're not a resident, you don't need to tag for it. They're considered varmits. So yeah, and then eventually you gotta go and you hit it with the gasoline and you burn it, and you stand Aroundbviously it's control burn and then there you go. That's but they can't burn it when they're up in that stuff. So they literally explode the horse. And there is a guy. There's literally a guide to do it that the Forest Service publishes. I'm not making this side. In fact, I said it to Ross so he could confirm that it is a thing I did.
Speaker 3: I not send you any how to explode horses.
Speaker 2: You send me the PDF and it's like a blueprint of how to properly blow up a horse. And that reminded me of my drive through I know, my.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because like because I kid you not, You're like, why would why would you need a guy. It shows you where to place the explosives. But most importantly, you got to strip the horse first. Uh, if they're shod, you got to take those shoes off. You're going to get killed by a fly and shoe.
Speaker 2: Plus, you don't want it to be like those idiots in Oregon with the whale.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: That's why I'm so judgmental of the whale because obviously those rookies didn't know what they're doing. Now have I seen a carcass, a horse carcass, Yes, I have. I have watched it. It wasn't by the forest Service that did it. One of the ranchers did it. And he did it because it was a thing that there's a frigging guide showing you how to do, and he had some explosives. So what are you gonna do? And you know what, pretty efficient that. Don't get me wrong. You're still gonna have scavengers in there. But because it spreads it out and there's a couple other things you do where you kind of dig around there, you can you can mitigate a lot of the the predators from coming in. It's just it sounds crazy, but it's like it makes sense. If you understand trying to mitigate an encounter with the grizzly bear, which you don't want.
Speaker 3: None of.
Speaker 1: You want none of that. I've and down the lower part of the property. I think my entire lifetime, I saw only one brown bear. And I'm not even sure of it. I'm seventy five percent because he was so far away. But the body size was so big. It couldn't have been a black bear because they just don't get that big. And or we been a black bear that was in more of a browner phase, which we have a lot of in Wyoming. So yeah, yeah, there's reasons you do this stuff, and then people use as an insult and they don't understand that it is wild and it happens to this day. Okay, that we all learned something. And for those of you have a horse that's getting near the end, maybe you got some ideas. I don't know if that's legal in North Carolina. Look it up Ken Boon for the Weather Channel. Got he's got some weather here and you're not gonna like it anyway unless.
Speaker 3: You're a weirdo who likes to freeze.
Speaker 1: So what's up man?
Speaker 6: Not much?
Speaker 5: We do have some rain, that's gonna head in this weekend, followed by really cold air looking towards next week. Sunshine out there today, so a nice finish here to the week. Temperatures into low fifties this afternoon. Clouds expected to roll in tonight, low to mid thirties, rain tomorrow. Best chance will be through the first part of the day, the afternoon, I think, mad extu to see some sunshine. Temperatures tomorrow into the middle part of the fifties. Chance to shower Sunday to finish the weekend upper forties, and then he gets really cold as we head into early next week. Clearing sky's force on Sunday night. Temperatures on Sunday night head it all the way down to near twenty degrees thirty two for a high on Monday.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you sir, having good weekend you too. Yeah. Oh, and by the way, it's not just horses. Also, if they come across a moose or an elk carcass, they'll blow that thing up too. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Let's uh oh is that? How crazy?
Speaker 1: Is that what they're doing at Chris Christie's funeral when it happened? Come on, sir, I mean, maybe what if what if some dude road in his will that's what he wanted, would you have to follow it? Because like, what does it matter? He just wants to go out with a bang. See what I did there? No, okay, all right, we'll be back. Hang on three day weekend coming up, Jeff. I'm assuming for you as well, So let's make it a good one. What's up.
Speaker 11: Yeah, we'll get a good start to today's session. At least that's what the futures are suggesting a case. S and P futures are up forty Nasdaq futures or up two hundred sixty one in the Dow futures or up two hundred and thirty three. Just got a report that homebuilders were at work on a lot of new projects last month. The government reports housing starts surge nearly sixteen percent in December. A three percent increase was expected. The report says groundbreakings for multifamily projects were especially strong. The jump and mortgage interest rates sent pending home sales lower last month. Redfinn says pending sales were down four and a half percent from November. That was the biggest month over month declined since twenty twenty two. Mortgage interest rates moved even higher this month, so that could mean more trouble for housing sales. Now appears TikTok will be around for at least a while longer, even if the Supreme Court upholds the ban scheduled to take effect on Sunday. The timing of the band works in TikTok's favor. It comes on a Holly Day weekend, just ahead of Inauguration Day, and Donald Trump has said he will allow more time for the app's Chinese parent company to divest. American Express settled charges related to its sales practice. The company will pay two hundred and thirty million dollars in penalties. The Justice Department had accused MX of using deceptive practices to sell products to small businesses. Those practices were discontinued in twenty twenty one. United Healthcare will pay two and a half million dollars to settle charges that it violated the Telephone Consumer Protection Act by placing telemarketing calls to non members after attorney's fees or paid. The remainder of the settlement will be distributed to more than twelve thousand plaintiffs with valid claims, so no Hawaii vacations coming there In Casey. A new report is fueling debate over whether calorie labels are worth keeping. Researchers looked at twenty five studies from the US, UK, France, and other nations. They found that posting calorie information and supermarkets and restaurants has just a minimal impact on consumers food choices. Having the dietary information available resulted in an average calorie reduction less than two percent. One review says, that's like removing two almonds from a six hundred calorie meal.
Speaker 1: Casey, every little bit and every little bit, Okay, maybe a little more would be I needed there. Jeff, have yourself a good long weekend. We'll talk Tuesday, sir.
Speaker 11: Okay, you have a good one too, Casey, take care.
Speaker 1: There you go. Jeff Ellinger, Bloomberg News, oh man, oh man. All right. Let me.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna try to fit all this stuff in.
Speaker 9: All right.
Speaker 1: We have lost a couple Folk director David Lynch. You either love him or hate him. I like me some David Lynch, but it's those movies are going to be strange. Has passed away. Also. Bob Youuker, Bob Youker, Yes, everybody you know this.
Speaker 3: This thing is really getting.
Speaker 1: Kind of serious.
Speaker 3: No, I haven't been able to locate Vana White.
Speaker 9: And I was supposed to a Hi Andrey my good buddy.
Speaker 1: Because Ross has a clip involving wrestling for every potential news story. Why are you laughing? I was?
Speaker 7: I was.
Speaker 2: I was sad to hear of his passing yesterday, But as soon as it happened, I said to myself, I have a clip of him in the system with Andre the Giant from WrestleMania three.
Speaker 1: All right, hold on, let me.
Speaker 3: Finish your clip.
Speaker 9: You got me, you got the Giant, the only profession the wrestler was still undefeated and all Fulgan, I'm put to be it because now that did yes all his way up. That's why you're paying me for to keep you out of the tournament, Olgan. And you are and I know one thing, and that's why the people go to know through and that's why they go to remumber. You are the ex shopion.
Speaker 1: Hell are you there? You have it?
Speaker 3: I still haven't found.
Speaker 9: Yes, champion, don't worry about Vana White. Now I'll throw hidden all faminga is all the.
Speaker 1: How about getting here?
Speaker 3: How about getting your foot off my shoulder?
Speaker 1: All right? And because I don't want to cheat Rossa, and he has had a cut in the system for years, anticipating this day.
Speaker 2: As a kid, I saw that happen to Live a wrestling at three, and I'm like, I'm like, that guy's gonna kill Bob Buker. Yeah, and I'm like, man, Bob Buker, really he's really into Vana White?
Speaker 1: Why is that? Oh?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: And then of course you know major League. There's so many good quotes there, so very sad there. But yes, just as there's a fetish for everything on the internet, there's a wrestling cut for all the stories we do, uh clogging our next gen system