Speaker 1: The views expressed in the following program are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect the views of SAGA nine sixty am or its management.
Speaker 2: It's Wednesday, and you know what that means. Ringside Heat is on the air, a news talk Saga nine sixty am your favorite podcatcher anytime you'll want, ladies and gentlemen. My name is Alex tan host, the producer of the show. And if you're listening to our first run broadcast, hey, I hope you're having a great lunch right now. If you are listening later on at five pm or nine pm, well I hope you're having a great drive home and or drive to work whatever it is you're working or whatever like that. But hey, you know, it is nice to be a part of your day here on a Wednesday. I ain't that for sure, Chico who you can follow what Coca collects.
Speaker 3: I think, uh, some people may be listening to us to lull them to sleep as well, you know, because because of our sultry, sweet, smooth sounding voices.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 2: And by the way, a little fun fact and this is probably gonna age myself as well in front of the listeners. But back in high school, there was a site called Asian Avenue. It was a very early social media networking site and that that was like a precursor that like Facebook and other social media platforms. But then my handle for that was sweet Sound n P Noise. Hmmm, fun fact to who I don't know, but that's cool, fun fact to me. But yeah, great, yeah, and hey, you know what you can call you you you can follow rather the show at Ringside Underscore Heat, you can follow this sweet Sound NP Noise at lex stand Media now because I don't use that handle anymore.
Speaker 4: But you know it is uh.
Speaker 2: Has been a very eventful weekend for Raw and SmackDown this past weekend and also particularly in the independent scene.
Speaker 4: At least I got myself back into the independent scene.
Speaker 2: We'll talk a little bit about that later, but first I do want to address and talk about SmackDown and Raw over this past weekend and into the Friday and Monday rather which technically is the weekend, not the weekend. But anyway, well, let's start off with the elimination chamber qualifying matches. I will say, first of all, good choices right now to to begin your elimination chamber qualifications on SmackDown, we had the women's Elimination Chamber qualification match and it was Tiffany Stratton who came out as the victor in that and as the first qualifier, and at the end of the night, Randy Orton is uh is the one that earned the spot in the Elimination Chamber. Second night on Raw, it was Rhea Ripley winning her match and one l a night. Yeah, yeah, who did qualify for the Elimination Chamber in a really really good two to three weeks that he's had so far, at least the best two to three weeks in recent memory for the megastar.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, oh yeah, Okay, didn't mean to just yad out, but that's LA night for you.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So, ever since he came back what was it at the Royal Rumble, Right, that's when he came back. Yeah, I'm just baiting you into the as Now. Ever, since he came back at the Royal Rumble, I was concerned that it would just feel like same old, same old. And you know, at this point, part of me is kind of skeptical that WW Creative is going to give him anything to chew one, just because he's had so many starts and stops. I mean, some of that is kind of due to injury, but some of it is also I think they the WW just has.
Speaker 4: Like they've they've had limited success with his pushes.
Speaker 3: But I will say, after him being back for a couple of weeks, now I'm optimistic. Plus I mean, I will say also, you know, I would be I would be remiss to say, Eric, oh my gosh, I'll try again. I would be remiss to not mention the injury to bron Breaker. That it was unfortunately broadcast right at the beginning of raw. Uh we found out that during training, Uh, bron Breaker injured himself and he has I think already had the surgery for uh hiaidd hernia. I think it hiated hernia. And I hear that that is several months of recovery.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: The word is indefinite absence for now.
Speaker 3: I now doubt that that bron Breaker will be part of WrestleMania at all. But this opens up the opportunity for people. You know, when somebody goes down, somebody's got to pick up the baton. And uh, you know, unfortunate for Brown Breaker, but you know, we wish him well and everything.
Speaker 2: Well, we know who's not, well, we know who's not going to be at the elimination chamber, at least as an illegal competitor. That would be Austin theory because La Knight defeated him.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's right, at least four now right, you never know how wrestling can shoehorn him in or anything. But I also can see Logan Paul being the one to qualify for the elimination Chamber because first of all, he's just he will take those chances, and he's probably going to want to take those chances with his body in the elimination chamber first of all, And so he's and also that he's also got a I mean, he's a heat magnet. It doesn't matter if he's in wrestling or if he's like, you know, commenting one word on what he thought about the super.
Speaker 4: Bowl or so we'll hoppot show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a heat magnet and people are going to want to boo the hell out of him no matter where, uh where, where you are on uh you know, where you priceally feel about him, you're always going to want to do the guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I mean, circling back to La A Knight, I think that this gives L. A. Knight an opportunity. Uh of course.
Speaker 4: Uh. I don't know what if WW had something.
Speaker 3: Planned for him before this unfortunate injury to bron Breaker, But I think this does open a little bit of a door for L. A. Knight to do something special mm hmm.
Speaker 2: And that's and and as you said, it's it's been a long time. It's it's it's it's due time for uh for L. A. Knight to be able to do something special here because uh, we've seen L. A. Knight over the past I guess three four years since coming out of the pandemic and uh uh and uh uh what was the what was the probo that really got him on the map outside that like once he left the Maximum Male Models and Maxine Dupre Uh he had I forgot about that. Yeah, uh he's he did say something about him having a map and shows you you know, uh where where where look at Paul can stick all those bottles of prime.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh my gosh. I mean they had a good feud. I think for that a little bit.
Speaker 2: And that's the reason why I see Logan Paul uh entering the elimination chamber to continue that storyline with l a Knight. The only thing is that the Vision right now has been well unfortunately decimated by injuries. I mean you had you had Seth and now you have Braun again. That's going down. Uh well, bron Breaker rather uh and then you and uh and Austin Theory lost the match as well.
Speaker 4: I mean it's and that's.
Speaker 3: Been another start and stop because that guy had a pretty impressive return being revealed as well. I guess these days one of many masked men in black hoodies.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: But yeah, so that that was kind of like when when that was revealed, Austin Theory was under that hood, and to me it was a kind of uh okay, right and then but now a couple of weeks after, or a few weeks after, maybe over a month since Austin Theory was revealed to be under that hood, have you.
Speaker 4: Seen anything much since then? For him? Not a whole lot.
Speaker 2: Oh, not a whole lot, because because that's the thing is that at the time, bron Breaker was the one that people wanted to push. Yeah, ron Breaker is the one that has the most clout within the Vision. If whose name is not Logan Paul and you could Steven say that bron Breaker even had more of momentum than Logan Paul because not a big because yes, he's supposed to be the heel, but he's actually being cheered as you know, while he's been his heel persona.
Speaker 4: And of course you know that happens.
Speaker 2: When that happens in wrestling, especially when it happens in WWE, you're going to shoot right to the top.
Speaker 4: That's true.
Speaker 3: Now, this of course begs the question who is the here we go again masked man under the black hoodie who attacked brow Breaker at the start of the Royal Rumble and who then.
Speaker 4: Attacked Who was it? This week? It was the Vision? He attacked the Vision, So yeah, a mask man.
Speaker 3: This time it came out with gloves on raw So it kind of like I think during the Royal Rumble, whoever that mask man was bare hands, had tattoos. So there's like there's a lot of different speculation that's going around out there. I think there they added gloves to kind of add the options of who it could be revealed in the end because I think that it almost doesn't matter who it is in the lead up because they're probably trying to still put together the pieces of the creative and and I'm not really sure what to think about this, Like, do you have any theories on the masked Man thing?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, first of all, the theory would be with the with the gloves that they didn't want to leave fingerprints that you know, forensics could pick up on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, unless Leslie Nielsen comes back from the dead and investigates just like he did Undertake Ever Undertaker, I don't know if we're gonna get in the investigation.
Speaker 2: Do you know what He's be great if if Liam Neeson could actually be Beggar could actually get it and start start investigating all this. Oh gosh, it would be such great continuity with both WWE's universe and the Naked Gun universe.
Speaker 3: I gotta say, I know, I love how Potpourri this night is going already.
Speaker 4: H I think that I think that I was.
Speaker 3: I was kind of entertained by Leslie Nielsen investigating like the Undertaker versus Undertaker mystery and is this the real Undertaker?
Speaker 4: We haven't seen him in months? Where has he been?
Speaker 3: Like? You know, there was a bit of nineteen ninety four gold there as it was as I was moving to Canada, so so that that was that was pretty entertaining to me at the time, even though I've still never watched any of the Naked gun movies.
Speaker 4: I was entertained by you have to watch it.
Speaker 2: It's it's the it's the I mean, you know Leslie Nielsen's dead humor.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and again I was entertained by him in the w w F Yeah exactly.
Speaker 2: And so just think about that, just over the span of three movies, him being not him, him him being like the most competent dim wit that you could ever find.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh. Well yeah, I don't know how he got here.
Speaker 3: But uh yeah, the mask, the mask man, Uh that that attacked the vision?
Speaker 2: Yes, well that's the other thing too, is that I think I heard Cole and Graves when they were calling the rumble that that comment about a comment, how about that that he was that that bron was the bron breaker was taken out with a stomp.
Speaker 3: Yes, And that is the key element, that's that they're putting on as part of this mystery, which was kind of similar to how I think Austin theory came back in with a stomp too.
Speaker 4: I don't I don't remember. It's it's a little con aloded for me right now.
Speaker 3: But the obvious answer would be Seth as he returns from injury at some point. But I think they wouldn't make it that obvious if it was Seth hmm.
Speaker 4: I like.
Speaker 3: So this is why there's rampant speculation out there as to who it could be, all sorts of different answers. I think a fun one would be if the rumors of Chris Jericho's returned to the WWE are true. I don't know what the motivation would be, but I'm sure Jericho could talk us into the house.
Speaker 4: I'm sure he could better than and it would be a better moment than it was me. Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, there's no higher power, but I mean I would I like it to be Jericho, sure, but after the excitement of seeing an icon come back, you know, if if they don't have a great thing like explanation for it real quick, then I'd be like, Okay, another him, just for the moment WWE thing.
Speaker 4: Mmm, you know, I just hope they have something planned that's like nice. You know what?
Speaker 2: You know now that you reminded me about Jericho coming back, that also possible. Yeah, possibly possibly coming back. That reminds me of Jericho's return back in what the two thousand and seven, two thousand and eight era and of the you know, in the middle of the ruthless aggression with the parallelogram tron that they had and the whole save me thing and that went on. I would have loved I would have loved back the day. And for those wrestling fans who are listening right now who may remember Jericho's initial debut in nineteen ninety nine, he talked about how he talked, He talked, He cut a promo with the Rock of the Ring and talked about how how Jericho is here to you know, to you know, to bring back wrestling because this WWE, w W f RAW has been failing and I'm the one that's.
Speaker 4: Gonna bring that that that's gonna save it and bring it back basically, right.
Speaker 2: I wanted to hear him do that exact same promo, but with Randy Orton in the ring during that time, that time of his return. Uh. And I can't quote it all right now because it is obviously it has been a long time since that promo is around, and but you can find it on YouTube and everything.
Speaker 4: So but to be able to echo that.
Speaker 2: And maybe maybe, just maybe if Jericho does come back, maybe he can call. Maybe maybe he can grab different bits and pieces of different debut re debut promos that he's had, so you could say about like, you know, I'm the man of the millennium, I'm here to save w W E E raw.
Speaker 4: Uh you're just you just made the list and yeah, maybe.
Speaker 3: That sounds interesting, but a little convoluted. Free Let you know how convoluted my brain is. Yes, but we have the audience at WB is of course not just you. It is a bunch of children, so they have two answers to their audience. You are not the sole audience, So I think they would make it more simple than that for sure. Uh So, yeah, do I want it to be Jericho in the mask in the masked hoodie thing? Yes, just because I can't think of much else to resolve this, can you?
Speaker 4: Not really right now?
Speaker 2: But I'm actually interested to see what will happen next.
Speaker 4: But what we are going to be discussing next? Hold on, hold on.
Speaker 3: They did eliminate some possibilities on Raw. Okay, because there was some doubt over who it could be. In a lot of like a long list of suspects, it could have been a member of the Vision themselves, because you know which sellins yes, yeah, or one of the underlings to derail Brown Breaker and kind of like flip turn and like join Seth when he comes back. But then now it can't be Logan Paul because Logan was the one chasing the mask Man.
Speaker 4: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: I think Braun may have been chasing into as well, so I don't think it can be them. I think Theory was the one that the Mask Man screwed over last Monday. On Raw this past Monday, so it can't be Theory anymore, which I kind of thought it could have been. Some people were even thinking Adam Pierce because he has that beef with Brown Breaker, But on Raw they clearly showed that as Logan Paul and whoever else from the Vision followed him to chase the Mask Man, Adam Pierce was on the other side, like hashing it out with Hayman and down the aisle, So it can no longer be Adam Pierce as well. So they eliminated quite a few possibilities on Raw.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, I'm glad that on one and I'm glad that it's not Adam Pierce because as much as I think he can still go and get himself into the ring, I think he is actually in a good position right now and right now and the of course, the less the least amount of strain on his body in the wrestling business that he can do at the moment.
Speaker 4: So yeah, he's good where he is. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, heck if I was, if I was Adam Pierce and Nick Alldus, I wouldn't give up those GM positions either. You're getting w w E pay for not having to take bumps amazing.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, I think I think all this really wants to suit up though in terms of wrestling gear.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: I mean I I think he's also good where he is.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, I mean I mean he's I mean he and Mickey have you know, he and Mickey are making a good life for themselves with with this wrestling business.
Speaker 4: So that's right.
Speaker 2: And uh, before we go to break, I do want to say that we are, you know, as we are on our way to WrestleMania and Elimination Chamber. Uh. There is one promo on Friday Night SmackDown from February to sixth that I think that we need to talk about, and it's uh, we did mention that we were anticipating that Drew McIntyre was going to respond on behalf of his own WWE title reign and also the quality of ww SmackDown.
Speaker 4: And we'll talk.
Speaker 2: About that and analyze that a little bit between the two of us when we come back from the break on Newstak Saga nine sixty This is Springside Feet back after these promotional considerations.
Speaker 6: Wait, this is the riddle and you're listening to springsideyas.
Speaker 1: Stream us live at Saga nine sixty am.
Speaker 4: Dot ca.
Speaker 7: Yo.
Speaker 8: Bro It is Vince Russo Man and you are listening to Ringside Heat bro It News Talk Saga nine sixty am.
Speaker 2: And welcome back to Ringside Heat on News Talk Saga nine sixty am, your favorite podcast. Sure anytime you'll want, Ladies and gentlemen. My name is Lex Tan, hosted producer of the show. Follow me at lex Tam Media. Follow Ringside Heat at Ringside Underscore Heat on all of our social media platforms.
Speaker 4: Follow Chico at Coca Collects.
Speaker 2: He is our wrestling memorabilia collection expert and TNA wrestling expert as well as well. You know he likes to wave his hands from side to side, as many many people to the ww universe do, because you know, we believe in Joe Hendry, and Joe Hendry is the WWE NXT champion.
Speaker 3: Couldn't have into a nicer guy mm hmm and wait for him to match up against people to make some more entertaining songs.
Speaker 4: Mm hmmmmmm hmm.
Speaker 2: And well, you know, actually, something that I realized the other day is that you know, you know how he bought those two Fender Redondo California series guitars uh back back last year, one red one and one black one. I just realized by looking back at what well Elijah Slash Elias did during his WWE run, that was the exactly The black one was the exact guitar that he used on w w t V.
Speaker 4: Very nice, don't you feel special?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 4: Exactly. The red guitar I called it my Beautiful Lady.
Speaker 2: But the black guitar, I'm gonna I'm gonna call it Elias and I'm gonna walk with it.
Speaker 3: There you go different places. Because w WE stands for World Wrestling Entertainment. Yay, World Wrestling Entertainment.
Speaker 4: Yay damn right?
Speaker 2: Speaking of World Wrestling entertainment, Yeah, one little before we get into the the nitty gritty of the of the w WE Championship. Just one little fluffys that you wanted to point out, and it shows this well about like the whole idea of Vince McMahon not liking wrestling, not liking the world the word wrestling, even though that's exactly what you know he he purchased from his father back of the day.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah so uh.
Speaker 2: An interview with a podcast called Wrestling Epicenter, w w E creative director uh former creative director of hon Air Promotions, David Sahati commented on the WWF name change to w w E because of the legal speak with the World Wildlife Fund And Uh, I know, man, I'm just lett It's like whenever people are climbing to see in Tower for the w w F, and I'm thinking, well, like, there's a part of me that wants to see you know, Chris Jericho and the Rock and Drew McIntyre and all those guys climbing up the stairs of the cea In Tower.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'm not over it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't blame you.
Speaker 2: I don't blame you, but this this might even aggravate it more because David Sahati uh at what I said. At one point when he and Vince and the rest of the team were making the logo change, he says, quote, Vince wanted to just wanted it just to be called w E World Entertainment, and I'm just like, it doesn't work w w E. That they said it again, Vince wanted it just called we like World Entertainment, and.
Speaker 4: I'm just like, it doesn't kind of work.
Speaker 2: We That conversation lasted for about a month before we settled a w w E.
Speaker 4: I kid you not, it made no sense.
Speaker 2: It did not, And so it's just it's like, imagine a world I mean, like it was. It's already weird thinking that, you know, we we're living in a world where the name WWE has lasted longer than ww F World Wrestling Federation, and thinking of all those years ago, if.
Speaker 4: It was w E, that's just that just w E.
Speaker 6: Like what yeah, I mean, it's too I get what Vince was trying to do in a sense where he's trying not to just pigeonhole it into.
Speaker 3: Just wrestling, like just wrestling, yes, right, But the thing is it's also the core feature of the commodity yes it is, so you shouldn't fully deny it. And that's where I think Vince went too far and in a whole lot of years of sort of trying to go away from that too much. So I mean, through whatever like scandalous things happened to get Vince out of there, it was almost kind of fortuitous for the company that's his baby, because you know it. I think WWE post Vince has course corrected very well on some things, including sort of proportionally like how much you honor the wrestling side the core of your product.
Speaker 2: And I think my favorite moment of that course correction was when Cody won the championship at wrestlming Ia forty, which we were there for obviously, and Michael Cole going through the history between him and Cody and watching Cody come up in the business and knowing him as a little child and seeing where Cody has what Cody has become at wrestlman Ua forty, and he capped it off with the words, damn it, I love professional wrestling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yep, yeap, and and who knows what we're going to see come from Michael Cole's statement. Also when gun Through retired John Cena right right, and and Michael Cole's call was, what is it professional wrestling has just what is it? Has just not destroyed, but has has just conquered sports entertainment or something like that when when he when he put John Cena out.
Speaker 4: That's the call that that Cole made.
Speaker 3: I thought it was interesting that they went that way, because, I mean, they're never going to not be sports entertainment. In fact, WWE's the best at at, you know, balancing the elements of the pro wrestling physical storytelling side and the other types of entertainment that they mix in with it exactly exactly.
Speaker 2: And it's and that term has actually leaked out into the rest of culture, whether people understand it or not, because figureciating that's sports, that's entertainment, ice dancing, that's sports entertainment.
Speaker 4: NFL has become that too in many respects.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, exactly, especially with the commercials, the halftime shows, even though you know, the halftime shows are kind of questionable in uh in quality over the past couple of years, depending on who you talk to, and uh uh and and and and and just even like even in even in Major League Baseball, there was a time that I mean just ten years ago, the benches were clear just because you flipped the bat during the d a home run. Okay, fine, eleven years ago, but ten ten years in a couple of months, yes, but h but now it's but but now Laddy Guerrero hits a Grand Slam home run against the Yankees in Game two of the a L D. Yes, he flips the back back to the uh, back to the dugout, and nobody, nobody on the New York Yankees has you know, you know, uh will you know, have sort of umbrage to it. And I think that's and and and that's because they all understand that this is sports entertainment, and this is it's it's it has to be entertainment just as much as it is a sport, which.
Speaker 4: Is something that love of me haden.
Speaker 2: Vince McMahon knew, Vince mcmannon understood before anybody else did. And uh uh And speaking of uh, you know, entertainment, sports entertainment within WWE, uh the fact that this response from w B SmackDown from Drew McIntyre talking about the about the the jabs that cm punk and Roman Reins took against SmackDown and the w W Championship last Friday. Uh and Drew himself exactly, And I think that is I I think that's a I think what they did has been a great mix of both of the sports entertainment sides.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think it's been a good back and forth, a little bit of tit for tat promo wise, and yet they kept the actual WWE Championship scene intriguing and kinetic and dynamic because Drew tried to start SmackDown to give that impassioned promo, but who cut him off during the entrance. Cody Rhodes beat him up. They had to get pulled apart. Drew had to walk to the back to kind of lick his wounds, and then we see him down the line and the show. He tried again and he almost got to speak some words, but who then attacked him a Jacob too, and that I found that really cool because they kept that story alive while also then allowing Drew to come out a third time and finally getting his words out.
Speaker 4: And they were some good words too.
Speaker 2: And I've got the quotes here actually said Drew did say I came here tonight, so it's someday to say and damn it.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say it.
Speaker 2: First of all, Cody Rols and Jacob Fatu should be banned from the Elimination Chamber qualifying matches for attacking me like cowards. So I call bs on that. Sammy's aying you believed he was gonna win the Big One. So many people believe Sammy was gonna win the Big One. But I crushed him. It was broken dreams for him. And that's what's gonna happen to anyone that gets in the ring with Drew McIntyre. And let's talk about Monday Night, Cmpunk and Roman Reigns. I heard what you had to say, guys, and quite frankly, I was disappointed. Yeah, the OTC and CMPUNK for such big superstars came across to me is very very insecure. I mean they would take a dig at me and the other one would defend me by just telling the truth, shutting down their argument and talking about me doesn't upset me.
Speaker 4: I don't care.
Speaker 2: I don't care talk about me all day long. What frustrated me was trying to make this brand at this title feels second rate for the SmackDown Roster. If you didn't see that as a declaration of war. If you don't wrestle every match that it's your last match, I'll show you the door. As for this title, what did you say, Punk? The man makes the title, The tittle makes the man. This man has been through hell to get this title. This man never quit when times got tough or went part time. I would never go part time. I was there when the world shut down eight banquets of crap and earned this title. However, the men that made this title, the Sam Martinos, the Hogans, the Brett Hart's, the Shawn Michaels, the not Dusty Rhodes. They'll dig it at the Roses, the Triple h Is, the Stone Culls, the Rocks. Real men, if you try to lie to yourself and say that this isn't that eight the number one title, I would look you straight in the eye and call you a bold faced liar and Roman, I get it, bro, I know why you picked Punk. On one end you have a two hundred and eighty pounds Scottish war machine, and the other hand you have that tattoo sociopath fragile Phil nice so Good, who always one fall away from his career being over with out there Samoan.
Speaker 4: Army, I'd kill you. You made the best choice for you.
Speaker 2: So of good luck at WrestleMania when you two are there out there acting like a couple of little.
Speaker 4: Boys and Aura farming me.
Speaker 2: I got entire rosters claiming over each other to get in that elimination chamber for the right to face the number one champion, the undisputed champion, and the real best in the world in the minlevit of WrestleMania.
Speaker 4: Man, that's a good mic drop right now. Yeah, it's so good.
Speaker 3: And while you look up in a supplemental way, Cody Raheem Rhodes is clap back at the start of the night, I'm gonna, I guess while you look that up, I'm just gonna comment on Drew as well, because, uh man, it was so good.
Speaker 4: I mean it was so.
Speaker 3: Like well executed, like you know, two failed attempts and then finally third times a charm and he gets the right shots out while maintaining his storylines that are ongoing on SmackDown, and.
Speaker 4: It continues his whole stick.
Speaker 3: He's so consistent as a truth teller, you know, and wherever you fall on that the brutal truth that Drew shares like it continues here. I almost feel like he kinda he kind of swung his character in the face direction on Friday, just with his words, like it's it's like he's still a bad ass who's uh, for lack of a better term, a prick, but he's in that moment like to me, he felt like a good guy, Like he felt like I want to rally behind Drew McIntyre.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, and that and and with the with the And that's the thing when you have, uh, somebody who can cut a promo that well, yes, of course here we've seen uh instances of a turn and a turn and a turn in the same in a single promo Chris Jericho versus Shawn Michaels back in what two thousand and three, Sure, during the highlight reel, But uh, when you have somebody like Drew McIntyre.
Speaker 4: And that's the thing too, is that I also personally.
Speaker 2: Didn't like the fact that they did cut down the w W Championship for the World heavy and Roman himself like helped make it all the more prestigious with that, with the year's long rule that.
Speaker 4: He had, so it was very puzzling to me. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: And it's and and so when you think about like, you know, yes, the World Heavyweight Championship, Yes, the Big Gold Belt.
Speaker 4: People know what the Big Gold Belt is, and.
Speaker 2: Yes it's the The belt itself is supposed to echo I guess in a sense the feel of the Big Gold the classic crumbline Big Gold that and some design elements were based on historical things too. Yes, yes, But at the same time, this is still a different championship lineage altogether.
Speaker 4: At least I was going to have that too.
Speaker 3: That the WWE Championship is where all the history has been amalgamated into, right this World Heavyweight Championship that Punk is holding and is trying to like, you know, prop up as the better one. Of course right now it may be perceptibly better because of the two people feuding over it.
Speaker 4: That's another topico discussion.
Speaker 3: But that World Heavyweight Championship has zero lineage, Yeah it does. It was made up because Roman couldn't work monthly mmmmmmmmmmmm exactly.
Speaker 2: And when you have Drew McIntyre finally winning a championship, the World Heavyweight Championship in front of the in front of the seventy thousand at WrestleMania, but then losing it five minutes later, you know, I mean, that's one thing.
Speaker 4: That that's one thing, and.
Speaker 2: I would think that he may have had a hunger to get that belt back, but now that he's got the ww championship on around his waist, that is that is the championship that has the lineage, that has the history of as he said, the Sam Martinos, the Rocks, the not Dusty Roads, the uh, the Heartbreak.
Speaker 4: Kids, exactly, all of that stuff. That's that It makes.
Speaker 2: It gives me something to boo both seam Punk and Roman reigns, for which I didn't think that that would be possible between those two guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think that's not very wise to go that direction. I mean, I love the back and forth, right, it's like, you know, we're bringing out some real passion now and we're actually sounding really passionate about it too. But I think it's weird framing for the World Heavyweight title that's supposed to be like the main event of night two. I mean, to me, it's still gonna be the main event of Night two because those two names are just huge and it's like a dream match. Yes, Like at this point it is you know, like years, like ten years after they first like came in, you know, or when the shield first came in because of Cmpunk apparently. So yeah, I mean, it just to me like they already have enough heat between Punk and Rains. I don't know why they had to take that dig. But now maybe even accidentally, maybe the ww Championship is getting more shine again now even without.
Speaker 4: Those two names. But because of those two names, that's a weird thing.
Speaker 2: Well, here is another thing that could actually work in the favor of all four men who will be competing in the there's respective championship matches that and five men five could be could be, But that's something that I want to actually speculate on when we come back from this break on the radio on SAGA I sixty Am. This is Ringside Heat on New STOK Saga I sixty back after these formostional considerations.
Speaker 9: Hello everyone, this is former Pro Wrestling Slash Sports Entertainment referee Jimmy Corderos, and you're listening to the new voice of Pro Wrestling Slash Sports Entertainment in the GTA, Ringside Heat right here on News Talk SAGA nine sixty am, No.
Speaker 1: Radio, No Problem. Stream is live on Saga nine sixty am dot ca A.
Speaker 4: Hey guys, I'm Shan Spears and you're listening to ring psicheat.
Speaker 2: And welcome back to Ringside Heat On News TALKSAG and I sixty am and your favorite podcatcher, Lex Tan at Lextan Media, Ringside Heat At Ringside Underscore Heat and Chico at Coco Collects and ladies and gentlemen, we are going to be talking about the WWE Undisputed Championship uh and uh who is involved with the championship matches?
Speaker 4: Uh on the way to WrestleMania.
Speaker 2: But first before we get into what I think could happen, uh, in order to determine who is going to go up again and go for Night one, Night two to main event WrestleMania, which championship match will do? That, I will say something that I love the fact that you know that uh, that WW is making some fandom cannon as well too, so Cody Rhodes jumping on jumping Drew Mcatyre during his entrance McIntyre rentre running through the backstage area, road stormed into the ring and grabbed the microphone and he's and uh he and he cut his promo and Drew and he said, as the biggest WWE fan.
Speaker 4: I was excited.
Speaker 2: But when, but why, when this amazing moment has concluded? Is my name the first name that comes out of your mouth. It's simple. It's because people know what WrestleMania means to me and what I mean to WrestleMania. And besides, I heard it was going to be a you know what measuring contest. Well, they're both glad. I'm not in it because I didn't get the name, the nickname Rahim for no reason, in essence canonizing the Cody Rahim Roads meme that that that has been going on social media.
Speaker 3: I love the Nation of Domination meme that they like kind of photoshop Cody into like where he's part of the nation, so his skin's a little darker.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then there's another meme that goes out that like when Cody enters, it's like, you know, like imagine when he takes off his robe and you see this and it's like one of those Samoan tribal tattoos on like one shoulder.
Speaker 4: It's just it's meme gold.
Speaker 3: And the fact that Cody was so impassioned that he had to include that in the promo was was just fire like it was so fun and and you know what also, and I think Bully Ray said this on their radio show, but it reminded him or maybe no, no, sorry Mark Henry, sorry Mark Henry. When when Cody went off like that on Friday, it reminded Mark Henry of his dad, Dusty, because Dusty would look he had these like fiery passionate promos where and then apparently and not man as an insult or anything. Apparently, according to Mark Henry, he kind of heard a little bit more lisp coming out of Cody, like when he was all shouty and passionate.
Speaker 4: It's kind of funny how that that turns out.
Speaker 3: I'd have to listen back to it again, but it's just interesting that the kind of things that came out. It was a good Cody promo too, one of my favorites from him ever.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it sounded aggressive, not plotting, not too clear shay like he's been so like safe and very like uh like like a clean politician, Like I feel like that's the way he's been delivering his promos. But that was just fire on Friday, and I loved that side of it.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm exactly.
Speaker 2: And I think that's what taking the title off of Cody Rhodes has been able to open him up to because you know, he has to be, you know, the flag bearer of the company. Uh when he's uh he already is a flag bear of the company, but he is, you know, with the championship, he is effectually the guy that that represents the entire uh, the entire w w E to the rest of the world because it because yes, the w w E Championship, especially with the big w W logo on on on the plate, uh, is more recognizable then you know, the big gold, the the the the current w w E Big Gold with you know, the smaller w W logo on it. But uh, next this coming Friday on SmackDown, it's going to be a trip threat elimination Chamber qualifier match between Cody Raheem Rhoades.
Speaker 4: Uh uh.
Speaker 2: Uh what uh jaj caught to and Sammy's ay and uh and and here's the here's where I speculate now, jumping upon that, jumping off of that, rather, here's where I speculate could happen. Whoever uh the Jrew McIntyre's uh WrestleMania opponent may be. They are gonna be as equally offended by c them Punk and UH and Roman Reigns cutting down the SmackDown brand and cutting down the ww title that they are, that they're all uh clawing at the heels in order to get a chance to wrestle for at WrestleMania. And because they'll take it personally, they'll take it personally. All my life, I've been wanting to hold the w W Championship and you guys just cut it down like that on your show.
Speaker 3: No nah, right, And so I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Who knows, right?
Speaker 2: But uh, but but whoever that whoever the number one contender will be, it will it will start to boil over, uh in a kind of in a more semi organic way than it would for a Survivor series. And it would boil boil over so much that Nick all This and Adam Pierce would have to.
Speaker 4: Get together and get those get the contenders together and.
Speaker 7: Say, all right, you two team match player, Yeah, exactly, tag team match between the raw main event, the SmackDown main event, for the for the for the honor of closing out WrestleMania, and uh and and the women get.
Speaker 4: Well, now that's that's another part of it. Too.
Speaker 2: But that is a that that that is one thing, that's one way that you could actually put that match together and have that that that kind of heat with the with with both made events and with each and with each of the content as well, because uh, you know, you had.
Speaker 4: Many of those instances back of the day where you know.
Speaker 2: In in anticipation of the WrestleMania match, you get you have Stone called Steve Austin teaming up against teaming up with the Rock to take on you know, Kurt Angle and and Triple H or something like that at a raw and they have to work together and then after they work together, they study that they.
Speaker 4: Go and they turn on each other. So that could also bring.
Speaker 5: Back a h an element of that classic uh storyline beat that may not have been employed as much over the past few years.
Speaker 3: Cool as the idea, maybe, I don't think it would blossom into something like that until a few months after WrestleMania meaning Crown Jewel per se.
Speaker 4: Okay, I feel.
Speaker 3: Like the World Champ versus World Champ thing wouldn't boil over until they get to wherever Crown Jewel is this year and they do the Crown Jewel Championship because it's champion versus champion. Person gets to be named Crown Jewel Champion for the next year, has the ring, you know, and that they wear that big belt for the moment, but then you know, it stays in Saudi or whatever in the WWE experience place. It does give an intriguing way to get into that this year. I think that's where it would pay off more so than WrestleMania. I like, I can see where you're going, but I also am I guess this would be an exception to this, but I'm tired of can they co exist? Hmmm, it's such a such an overused trope. Well, there's a lot of passion in this one.
Speaker 2: That's the only thing is you don't even have to answer the question of can they co exist?
Speaker 4: That's something that doesn't have to be that doesn't even have to be asked.
Speaker 2: All is is that All it is is that they're both that that that they're that that they have bad blood with each other because of words that that have been said, uh in passing. And that's the way that that that that those emotions will be able to you know, boil over in a ring and uh and and and and to be able to see that and to be able to see that happen, you don't have to even say, as he said, you don't even have to say, can they co exist? It's like who the who? Who the hell wants this match? Who the hell wants the uh the uh the prestige?
Speaker 4: More basically, yeah, I I.
Speaker 3: I also don't think they're gonna do that because I don't think they want to diminish Night One's closer. I think that would not do any service for whoever ends up in Night One. Okay, I think that would not be good for their product. So I think the payoff is more something like a crown jewel down the road, because that's like nuclear heat for that, whereas before it's just they just randomly stick together the champions. So I think that's where the payoff needs to be. But that's just one opinion, of course. I think that it does lend some intriguing elements to the w W Championship, since it has neither Roman nor Cody currently attached to it. Sorry since Roman is since Roman and Punk are such strong attention getters that it kind of by default has knocked down the w W Championship a little. This puts some heat back on it. So maybe in a roundabout way, this is what they're trying to do.
Speaker 2: It's pretty cerebral, actually yeah, and it's and because of that, maybe that there is something that Triple H, the cerebral Assassin himself, might be cooking that maybe we don't know about him.
Speaker 4: Maybe we don't.
Speaker 2: Anticipate yet because you know he is. Yeah, maybe he is cooking something that we don't know. But we're almost out of time here on the radio. I just want to say I would love to see in terms of a championship match. I know that more story needs to be evolved so far, but uh, I would love to actually see uh Live Morgan picking Stephanie Vakaer as her opponent for WrestleMania.
Speaker 4: Who you think though? I think it would be fun.
Speaker 2: Number one, I think the match would go really well between those two. Number that's the that's the first thing. Number two.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: It was just really really entertaining to see.
Speaker 2: Uh Stephanie speaking to Live in Spanish and Dominicasterio saying, uh, you know what, I don't think I should what she said because, according to Denise Alcedo, h Stephanie Vakaier called her a cheap tramp so.
Speaker 3: Ah, yes, I agree, I want Live to pick Stephanie ultimately.
Speaker 4: I think that would be a great Mania match.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: And then because I think that Jade Cargill it doesn't quite fit. Would Live, No, it doesn't. No, No, I think Jade would have to face someone like if Beyonca Bellair is finally ready with her finger and coming back, you know, like if she's ready to come back. I think that's a way more salacious storyline.
Speaker 2: But who else could it be other than Beyonca bell Air though, because it's just that it's uh, who among the current people yeah that are actid Yeah, because it's it's just you can't We've already had I've already seen that several times already, and at least like the well, the whole Naomi thing and all that, like they're like the future was Naomi.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But at the same time, I don't need any more Bianca bell Air at the moment.
Speaker 3: I would say, I think I'd be fascinated with Bianca coming back because I don't think she and Jade had their their resolution. I think it was I think it was Jade and Naomi a couple of times, and then they they went separate ways because Naomi then won the Women's World Championship before having to you know, before having to give it up because she got knocked up.
Speaker 4: So but yeah, I think I think Jade and Beyonco.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, but Jade and Beyonca.
Speaker 4: To me, that's what.
Speaker 3: I imagine the w W Women's Championship is going to be at WrestleMania. Of course, there's a whole chamber match of possibilities.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: Sorry for Tiffany Stratton, but I don't see her being in that title picture this time.
Speaker 4: No, I don't think so either, not this time either.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know though.
Speaker 2: That's well, I mean that's what remains to be seen, and you know, maybe w W will have a good build up as well for the women that they're already building for the men at the moment for their championships. So it's uh, it'll make elimination chamber uh a lot more interesting as we go along.
Speaker 4: I mean, I mean there's.
Speaker 3: There's also it's in Chicago, by the way, it's that as part of this pl sorry to cut you off there that on Monday it was also made that there's two matches actually that we didn't get around to mentioning yet with two Chicago residents that happened to be man and wife. Yes, they're involved in championship matches. Do you remember what those are?
Speaker 2: Well, we'll just do it real quickly because we're out of time.
Speaker 3: Okay, So you got a j Lee goaded Becky Lynch into defending her Women's Intercontinental Championship against aj Lee. So that's going to be a fun matchup. And then the other one is something that to me could take a twist if WW wants to take the risk. But Finn Balor is once again challenging CM Punk for the World Heavyweight Championship in Punk's hometown of Chicago. The obvious outcome is Punk winning in his hometown. However, if they want to do a little hot potato, they would have six weeks after Chamber to get the title back on Punk and resume the feud against Roman.
Speaker 2: That would be an interesting way to go about it and give actually Finn Balor a championship for that that that that lasts more than twenty four hours, But we'll speculate on that as we go along. Following the Road to WrestleMania. Thank you to Chico at Cocaclex. Thank you to you for listening. I'm Lexan at Lexan Media. Follow the show at ringside Underscore Heat. We remember the things you probably forgot.