Speaker 1: Hey, Happy Friday, everybody. You are listening to the world famous Ben and Skin Show. Ben Rogers, Jeff skin Wade, Christina Krae, Cornbread, A Little Baby, Cornbread, Ray and Kevin K. T.
Speaker 2: Turner.
Speaker 1: We are heading into a weekend. I hope you have great plans this weekend. Coming up in about ten minutes, we take a look at the Beninskin wayback machine and we revisit an old print call that involves Bain and Skin that's coming up here momentarily. This segment's brought to you by Andrews American Pizza Kitchen. It's located in Plano, Texas. It's off Preston and Plano Parkway. They've mastered Dallas pizza, Dallas style, pizza, Chicago style, Detroit style, tavern style, in New York style, and readers of the Dallas Warning News voted at the best pizzeria in all of DFW.
Speaker 2: So that speaks volumes.
Speaker 1: Here we are on a Friday of your foodie You're gonna be out and about this weekend, and you're like, Ah, could use some pizza. Why not go to the place. The one location in all of DFW that was voted best in town by Readers of the entire newspaper, The Dallas Morning News head to Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen and in Plano again Preston and Plano Parkway. But right now it's time for Kevin.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 4: Uh saw this the other day. This is just some things that it's about, some like societal norms, some things that are normal. We've just done our entire life. Like you know, most people, you should say yes sir, no, sir, yes, ma'am, no, ma'am right, things like that, polite.
Speaker 2: But that's a little different.
Speaker 4: I found some that are interesting that I just got five that I thought you guys would like. Okay, Uh, do we have to have QR codes instead of menus at every place?
Speaker 1: Now you're saying, COVID's over, Why can't you just get menus?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've wondered that at times. I'm like, all right, some people have really leaned in on the ease of that. I'd still like a menu. I prefer a menu. I bet the main reason they did it they don't have to, you know, have the We've trained people now to do this and they can. They don't have to, you know, have the expense of printing new menus.
Speaker 3: It's probably easier to update.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and instead of having to print like ally batch of menu and people.
Speaker 4: Are already on their phones anyway, Well this is MAYA thought would be, let's just print fewer menus, okay, and then we also can have the QR code and have both. Most people have both.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you ask, if you ask for an actual menu, because trust me, I have an eighty two year old with me when we go out right, she wants a menu.
Speaker 2: I think that's I think I'm thinking about. That's what I'm thinking. I'm thinking about our elderly here.
Speaker 1: You have an eighty two year old that wants a menu and then immediately complains that she can't read the menu. If it's like the other eighty two year olds I know, Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then ask, hey, just order me something right, it's so excuse me.
Speaker 1: You know what else, though, can really backfire on a restaurant is and it's one of the hardest things to keep clean as dirty menus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I get I get that. Yeah, and you laminate it. And I understand. This place was disgusting. Man.
Speaker 1: We went to when I visited my son at Bama, we went to someplace like Rock and roll sushi or something, and the menus were all double rock albums. Oh interesting, And so you actually opened the album and they had taped menus on to them.
Speaker 2: That's cool.
Speaker 1: On the inside, I like that.
Speaker 2: That's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: One of my favorite spots is brass Ram and they'll bring you your check and an old book.
Speaker 2: Oh nice.
Speaker 1: They's got a bunch of old books. And so they put an old book down. It's got your check in it, and so it's like the placeholder or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, did.
Speaker 4: You get an Imagine dragon roll?
Speaker 1: Why do you ask that? I just like one of the one of the sushi rolls, say dragon Roll imagine dress. No, no, no, I'm doing I'm not doing a D's Nuts joke.
Speaker 2: No, not this week. I'm taking the week off from these nuts. Turner the last.
Speaker 5: One that's come up to me in public about three different times and social settings at parties, people are like, hold on, you need to do that D's Nuts joke you did last week.
Speaker 1: So you're saying you're at a party, someone sees you from across the room. They work their way over to you in a crowd.
Speaker 2: And sea of people to get to you, to visit with you.
Speaker 1: About that joke.
Speaker 2: What was the name of that pistons?
Speaker 1: Gage player is also suggesting that he's been to multiple parties in the eight days since he dropped that dract. Hey, hold on, hold on a second. I just saw Kevin Turner. I'll be right back. I gotta go ask him about this joke.
Speaker 2: You know, like Michaelangelo, I'm party dude.
Speaker 3: That was at one party he was at and was there when they asked about it.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, he was there. He was there, Thank god, someone was listening. And then I fell from the second floor. That's terrible. I had a lot to drink, so you know the QR code. I was just thinking about our elderly.
Speaker 4: But you know when the when these threads happened online and people start weighing in, and they usually got interesting responses. When I saw is I'm just gonna read this. I can't stand when people say to respect their elders. Some of the nastiest people I've ever met are over the age of seven. You don't deserve to be respected when you're an ass to everybody. Good job that you've survived to be a dinosaur. Respect his earned, not given.
Speaker 2: Okay, So do we have to respect our elders.
Speaker 1: I think you should go in with a with a mode of respect until they give you a reason not to exactly, But I think that should be the case with all people.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, it is pretty common if if you straight people you know or is different. But strangers that are old, I can't say that I've had a ton of great experiences right because they're done.
Speaker 1: And they're grumpy. But the older they are, the more eft up they are too. The man the world they lived in was more effed up up and man, it is such a cliche, but they do not want change. And if there's one thing this world does, it's changed.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Number three here blessing people when someone sneezes. We don't have to do that. Do we bless people when they fart? That's so much.
Speaker 1: Dude, that would be so good if somebody farts, Oh, bless you zoom time.
Speaker 3: You should right, it's just the other ends.
Speaker 2: I'm wondering, what does the sneeze bless you for?
Speaker 1: It does remind me. It does remind me of the classic Steve Martin joke when he says someone asked him do you mind if I smoke? And he responds, no, do you mind?
Speaker 4: If I fart, yeah, it's like it's I don't know, it's it happens like it there, it's that they went through something.
Speaker 2: Oh god, bless your soul, you've been through so much. Or if you're the first guy to you'll bless you. It's like, Okay, this guy's overdoing it. He's trying to be the polite one.
Speaker 1: That is a dumb tradition. But the fart, though, no one ever farts, it goes yeah. Sorry, there's a lot of palling, of palling in the air. The thing about blessing a sneeze too, is that sometimes, like you guys have seen it with me, there's multiple sneezes. Yeah, and so do you have to here is a three sneezes in a row? Do you get three bless youes?
Speaker 2: What are we doing? Yeah? I don't know what. Why did that even start? I don't know. I have no idea. All right, putting a napkin on your lap?
Speaker 1: Where else would you put it?
Speaker 2: I don't know, but I'll say it. If you put in your lap, it's going up on the floor a lot.
Speaker 1: If you're not coordinated. The three of us we're all elite athletes. I don't know what you're talking about. Thrusting while eating. I don't understand why it's moving a lot of nervous energy. Yes, and then I lastly, a birthday card. Why can't I just give you the gift? Why do I have to get the birthday card?
Speaker 3: They never read it anyway, It.
Speaker 2: Just it seems pointless.
Speaker 1: Yeah at this point, yeah, I think the card and the gift together beating. Maybe the card is in lieu of a gift.
Speaker 4: But you ever had to stop and just to go get the card? Oh yeah yeah, I hate doing that right. Yeah, and now they're like seven dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's outrageous, dude, don't like it at all? All Right, I mostly agree with Kevin on that. Do you agree? Hit him up Kevin dot Turner at iHeartMedia dot com