Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, The Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: The Treasury secretary pick from President elect Trump Scott Bissentz, a money manager notably had been working with George Soros for a long time. Is given about fifteen million dollars of political costs to political cosses over the last few years, but all but three hundred thousand of it has gone two Republicans. In fact, he gave a million dollars to the inaugural Fund back in twenty sixteen. Was not really part of the first campaign or the first term, but apparently has been friends with Trump for a couple decades, close friends with the President Elect's late brother Robert, which is how they were introduced in the first place.
Speaker 1: Well, good for the New York Times because they're highlighting what is an issue for Democrats, and I think that a lot of times Democrats want to put their head in the sand and or their their fingers in their ears and go la la, la la la, I can't hear you, instead of focusing on where you're going wrong.
Speaker 3: I mean, the writing was on the wall.
Speaker 1: In twenty sixteen that they were focusing on the wrong things. You kind of thought that they would course correct and they didn't. And now you're losing a massive voting block in Latino voters in this country that they're pissed off. There are people that came to this country illegally but then paid taxes and paid their debt to society or what have you, and raised families and have played by the rules.
Speaker 3: And then you know.
Speaker 1: You had the latest administration basically open up the borders for asylum purposes. You had all these people cutting in line with the blessing of the Democrats.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The New York Times ties at least part of it to a push in the nineties against illegal aliens undocumented immigrants, and they referred to Prop One eighty seven from Governor Wilson, the effort to try to restrict benefits, and a lot of people in the mid nineties because of that said they would never go Republican again, despite their generally conservative views. They wanted to vote Democrat after that because Democrats were promising, Hey, we won't do that to you. We'll give you all of these things, we'll find a pathway to citizenship, we'll protect your families, etc. But for two decades nothing has happened. They have not passed comprehensive immigration reform. And I'm not saying that Democrats are responsible for that specifically, but they had promised that they would do it, and they never delivered on that. And then, according to at least the guy that was interviewed for this New York Times article, Jose Perez Gomez, lives in Fresno, eventually made furniture, enough money to buy a house, open a brick and mortar store, send a couple of kids to college, a productive member of Fresno society, he says, after two decades of them promising, never delivering, and then you get the crunch of the economy. Recently, he's like, I couldn't wait around anymore. I could not wait around for promises to go unfulfilled even longer, he.
Speaker 1: Said, friends and relatives who spent decades toiling in the fields, paying taxes, with no legal pathway.
Speaker 3: Suddenly in one.
Speaker 1: Year, millions of people come in with all the rights without having contributed anything to the country.
Speaker 3: So a lot of people, he says, field defrauded.
Speaker 2: And one of the things that we've seen is there there are some people in the Democratic Party who, post mortem after November fifth, are saying loudly, hey, we screwed up. We got to stop concentrating on social issues that don't matter and get down to we are the party of the worker, or however they want to put it, because there are people who feel left behind by the Democratic Party, and this is kind of.
Speaker 1: A racist thing when you think about it, which absolutely I don't want to use that word because I feel like it's comes with a lot of It comes with a lot. But when you think that all Latinos in this country want this, you are putting everyone.
Speaker 3: In the same group.
Speaker 1: And that's not the way it is not with any any specific person of any color or lack of color.
Speaker 3: You cannot loop people.
Speaker 1: In and think they are all thinking the same and they're all voting the same and everyone wants the borders thrown open because I'm Latino, like that is?
Speaker 2: That is awful well, and maybe racist because of the negative connotation is not the right term, but it is race based.
Speaker 4: That mentality is race based.
Speaker 2: I mean even Marcia Connan is the vice chairwoman of the Fresno County Democratic Party, quoting here from the New York Times struggling to understand why Latinos were not more concerned about Trump's recent promises to conduct mass deportations and possibly use the military to do so, because that's not what it That's not what would happen. Yes, I know he used it in a slogan for his rallies to fire up the base and eleven million people and deport him tomorrow. It's physically impos possible for him to do that. And maybe the Latino voters that you have been pandering to for twenty years understand that, or they're at least in the belief, like is mister Perez Gomez that he's been here for twenty five years, he knows he's way down the list of potential deportations based on what Trump has been saying.
Speaker 4: So that's the New York Times version. The LA Times.
Speaker 2: Also has an article today talks about how some farmers were big Trump backers, not the immigrants, but the farmers themselves who hire, in many cases undocumented workers to do the work in the fields and the orchards and things like that, and that this is now going to cause a problem for them finger quotes because the farmers are not going to have laborers to deal with, and the La Times version of this article, it's much more of a pitch for reforming the H two A visa program, which is basically the seasonal world program that allows people to come in as long as you have a specific timetable, and then whoever comes in on an H two A visa is also dependent upon the boss for food, for housing, for the safe working conditions, And the La Times wants to say that the current setup for an H two A visa program is a program or sorry, is a recipe for exploitation, because then it's simply the farmers that can choose to provide good accommodations or bad accommodations because they're taking advantage of which this system, which is still very legal, the H two A visa system, but just kind of a funny look at the two different versions of that same issue of in California's Central Valley, you had farmers and laborers voting for Trump in many cases, and that blew up some people's heads to think that that was possible.
Speaker 1: Hell, the Menandez brothers are going to appear in court via zoom, albeit in court for the first time in twenty eight years, and they could if their sentence is reduced to a voluntary manslaughter, they could get paroled immediately. Coming up on that hearing in December eleventh. We'll talk about that when we return. As people wait in the halls for their lottery chance to get into.
Speaker 2: This hearings, seen out in front of that courthouse is a little embarrassing, ridiculous.
Speaker 5: Happy Monday, guys, Shannon, just give Garrett the thirty five bucks. I mean nothing says I love you, or I like you or your good friend like money?
Speaker 3: Can I do say?
Speaker 4: Can I just a nice week? Happy Thanksgiving?
Speaker 1: Can you just give me money my way out of coming up with something thoughtful to.
Speaker 4: Get you me?
Speaker 3: Will you take the cash?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Oh no, I don't need the cash. I need to know what you think of me. It was worth a try. Yeah, I appreciate it. It's good thought though. Monday Night football.
Speaker 3: Monday Night.
Speaker 1: Oh, this is the game everybody had circled when the schedule came out for a couple of reasons. It's the Harba Bowl, of course. Jim Harbaugh John Harbaugh, facing off the third time in their careers. The two of the most competitive people on the planet grew up shared the same room for sixteen years. They have been competing and they're best friends, and so it'll be fun to watch. It was fun to watch and learn about when they faced off last time in the Super Bowl ten years ago. They're in New Orleans, the Ravens coming out ahead of forty nine ers on that one. So again there will be a very tense Jack and Jackie Harbaugh probably here in the stands tonight. This is also two teams that will be in the postseason, so it's kind of a strong AFC battle here tonight. So it's going to be a treat for everyone to watch.
Speaker 2: Some breaking news out of Washington, d C. Special Council Jack Smith is moving to dismiss the federal election interference case against President elect Trump because of the long standing Justice Department policy that bars the prosecution of a sitting president. But sixteen months after that grand jury first indicted him over his alleged efforts to unlawfully overturn the results of the election, Smith asked US District Judge Tanya Chukhan today to throw out the case ahead of the inauguration. Earlier this month, you remember, the judge had canceled all of the remaining deadlines in this case because Jack Smith said, I need some time to figure out the circumstances determine if there is any sort of appropriate case going forward. So again, as of this morning, Special Council Jack Smith moves to dismiss the federal election interference case against President elect Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: Did you know that the Mennonite faith is named after Menno Simons.
Speaker 4: I did not know where the name came from.
Speaker 1: The Meno Simons was a Dutch priest who left the Catholic Church to embrace Anabaptist theology. The Anabaptists were a radical group that rejected infant baptism, that only those who publicly profess their faith and Jesus should be part of the church.
Speaker 3: I love you Jesus.
Speaker 2: There's only about a half a million Mennonites here in the United States, but they could probably they could field a couple of football teams with that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know if they are they're sturdy people. Seems like a kind of an antiquated thing, doesn't it Like it was a religion, a sect from long ago.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe maybe I don't know enough about them. I don't either.
Speaker 1: So there was a line outside the Van Nuys Courthouse this morning in the six o'clock hour for people to get in on the lottery. If you got there between eight and nine, you were handed out lottery tickets, these read tickets to determine who would get to sit in the sixteen seats that have been set aside for the public in this status hearing in which the menendas brothers are not even in the courtroom.
Speaker 2: It's it's at your point, it's a status hearing. This is not exciting, it's not brand new information, and none of that stuff is coming up today. Ann Bremner is a longtime defense attorney and she was on CNN this morning explaining it's going to be kind of boring.
Speaker 6: The judge today has to basically decide to say, will that date work for the new prosecutor will that date work for everybody else concern and what's going to happen.
Speaker 7: There is going to be a request for a manslaughter where they'd walk out the door. Would it be a request to read sentence on homicide without special circumstances? That would be life with parole as opposed to without parole. They would go before a parole board and maybe be set free. There's all kinds of possibilities in this case, but it certainly has changed with.
Speaker 4: The new DA, and she's referencing the new DA.
Speaker 2: Nathan Hockman, of course, will be sworn in take office to Simbirth. Third, Yeah, so if this case was supposed to be the eleventh.
Speaker 1: Right, so, I mean he's already reviewing it obviously, But yeah, I mean that's the option. Either they don't go forward requesting that they voluntary means that they're out. They could be out on December twelfth, They could be out later on on December eleventh, depending on how the procedural stuff works and how long it takes, because they've already served more than enough time to satisfy that voluntary manslaughter sentence. If it's life with the possibility of parole, then they're eligible for parole. Then it goes to the parle board and the whole bit, and they get to talk about what angels they are inside for the past twenty eight years. By the way, Lyle's wife has filed for separation because of that affair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she actually wrote on Facebook that she and her husband have been separated for a while, and she clarified that they're still best friends.
Speaker 1: And family. Okay, she said, I can always separated. I mean he lives in a different place.
Speaker 2: Yes, I continue to run his Facebook pages with input from him, and I am forever committed to the enduring fight for Lyle and Eric's freedom, as has been so evident over the years. She says, I will continue to update you all on the progress of the case because I believe we all have the common goal of seeing.
Speaker 4: The guys walk free. I will never stop fighting for them.
Speaker 1: Was this the one that was hooking up with the twenty one year old girl from England?
Speaker 3: Or was that the brother?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: This was Lyle, Yeah, having the affair with the with the twenty one year old, which is I'm lost at how much access he has to women.
Speaker 4: I don't understand.
Speaker 3: Are you kidding?
Speaker 2: Well, no, no, I'm not saying that women don't want him, because there are plenty of crazy ladies out there. No offense to these smart and sane ones, but there are plenty of crazy ones out there.
Speaker 3: My question is have they complex if they want to save them?
Speaker 4: Right? Absolutely?
Speaker 2: But is he actually consummated this affair with this twenty one year old woman?
Speaker 1: I believe when you're not eligible for parole you don't get conjugal visits.
Speaker 4: I don't think.
Speaker 3: I don't think they've had sex with anybody, any of these.
Speaker 4: Women, well, not with women.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to go back to the Ray Lopez rule twenty eight, but we're all thinking it.
Speaker 4: Rule twenty eight. It's like rule three.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 4: Way to the list.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we don't even want to get into what rule twenty eight the Ray Lopez book would be. Yeah, people serving life without parole are not eligible for conjugal visits in California.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he's just having an emotional affair with this woman.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, I mean, or maybe there's like letter and email sexy times.
Speaker 4: So he's having literary affair with this woe.
Speaker 1: I kind of like that idea, don't you like going back to the old days of writing steamy letters.
Speaker 3: You know, before.
Speaker 1: Jet travel and other things like Captain like the notebook.
Speaker 4: Okay, now you're going too far.
Speaker 3: That's too Yes, that's a beautiful story.
Speaker 4: I didn't say it wasn't.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of correspondence there.
Speaker 4: He's trying to make me cry and that's not going to happen.
Speaker 1: I liked this headline today about the super volcano.
Speaker 3: Did you see this?
Speaker 1: No, The headline is super volcano show signs of waking up, which would plunge the world into chaos.
Speaker 3: Okay, I was like, sign me up.
Speaker 4: Where is the super volcano?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 3: I didn't click on it.
Speaker 4: Ah, you're just waiting for it could be anywhere.
Speaker 3: Well, I thought we could just tuck it away for strange science.
Speaker 2: Isn't there there's super volcanos like in Yosemite or something like that that we're waiting for.
Speaker 3: It's essentially a volcano on steroids.
Speaker 1: A super volcano, a massive volcanic system capable of producing eruptions thousands of times more powerful than a regular volcano, catastrophic effects on the global climate and environment.
Speaker 4: I'm listening.
Speaker 1: Yes, Yellowstone one of the most famous yellow volcanoes.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 2: Big breaking news is that Special Counsel Jack Smith is asking to dismiss the federal election interference charges against Donald Trump. The motion seeks to dismiss this case without prejudice, acknowledging the Justice Department policy generally prohibits prosecuting a sitting president. If the judge does that, it does leave open the possibility because it's without prejudice. Does leave open the possibility that prosecutors could again bring charges after he leaves office or after the White House term is over, but legal experts said it's possible that once he's in office, he could pardon himself, which would be crazy. But again, we're waiting for the super volcano, so anything can happen.
Speaker 1: He has super volcano, just so everyone can be aware, is the Sulfatara crater in Italy. But it wouldn't just have impacts locally, but for all of us, everybody living on Earth.
Speaker 8: We were right by the way you guys hit it right in ahead with this. Why we voted Republican. My wife's illegal. I voted for Trump. My whole family voted for Trump. We've been waiting for over twenty years for loss of change. The Democrats have promise and promise and nothing, you know, So we're kind of tired of that and that too. Just because we're not, you know, doesn't mean we want open borders, and that's what the Democrats don't understand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's kind of what those the articles were pointing out. So mathematically. According to a documentary that was made about four years ago called the World's Most Identical Strangers, it is estimated.
Speaker 4: That you.
Speaker 2: Have at least seven dopal Ganger matches somewhere in the world.
Speaker 1: I feel like that number goes to about fifteen hundred and change. When I'm in Orange County. I feel like everybody looks we all look alike, all look alike, we all look alike. It's bizarre or maybe just like a couple of things off, maybe just a couple of tweet it's like a twilight zone. Though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there is this, you know, recurring trend of celebrity lookalike contests that have been taken over the internet.
Speaker 4: They're not new. We've seen these before.
Speaker 2: People are trying to figure out exactly why we're seeing them again. Somebody suggested it's not necessarily a vestige of golden era of Hollywood, where we were doing Charlie Chaplin and Shirley Temple lookalike contests. One guy actually says that this is something we believe here in the twenty first century, that biology isn't destiny, and that our current society is defined by the idea that you could potentially do anything and be anything you want to be. Well, yeah, if your genes lined up in such a way that you look like Jeremy Allen White or Harry Styles without ever having done anything to be close to them or know them or be related to them.
Speaker 4: I guess you could be whatever you want to be.
Speaker 1: People get very territorial about these contests. There was a woman on X wrote I went to the Zaan Malik competition today, and no one will ever compare to that man's face card.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, Okay, people are mad at them.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: People get territorial over the people that they love in the land of celebrity.
Speaker 4: And then what do you do with it?
Speaker 2: I mean, we had a couple of guys that looked exactly exactly like Maverick and Ice from Top Gun down a Huntington beach that was wild, and they make a lot of money doing that because they I mean, their jeans lined up perfectly. Granted they looked like nineteen eighty six Tom Cruise and Val Kilmer, but they killed it, they crushed it, and they made money at it. There's a guy that's in this article who is a David Beckham tribute act. What do you do as a day David Beckham tribute act?
Speaker 3: You work out?
Speaker 2: Is that all you work out in front of people on stage and.
Speaker 3: I just you would have to work out all the time.
Speaker 2: Well, there's also that, but he said, usually if you're a double like that, it's smooth sailing. Until David Beckham gets thrown out of the game against Argentina during the ninety eight World Cup and everybody hates him and this guy and his friend who portrays Victoria Beckham because she looks like her. Apparently they were in a lot of trouble. They were getting death threats from half wits.
Speaker 1: Do you remember when we met Tom Cruise and Goose and I said to you that would be exhausting to live with, Like who are.
Speaker 3: Those people behind that? You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like what would make you want to do this for a living, pretending to be somebody else? It's got to come with a host of things.
Speaker 2: That is a quality that I think you have that not everybody does, which is the desire to know what's going on downtown, not just out in the suburbs, that you see everybody acting in a certain way at a certain event or such and such. It's that you want to see how did they get to where they are and.
Speaker 4: What does their normal day look like?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean we have what did they like around the dinner table.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: We had a we had a show Heyo Tani lookalike contest hosted by the Japanese American National Museum, and the guy, Joseph Ma was one of several contestants chosen as the winner by an audience. He won seventeen dollars and a prize from the gift shop. I don't know how big he is physically, but I mean his face, his haircut, everything does look like Shoho tani wow. And I almost think that depending on how famous the person is, that you look like you could be in trouble. That could be a problem. People start mobbing you while you're at the grove or something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like if you look like Lindsay or something circa two thousand and seven.
Speaker 4: The old Lindsay Loan or the new Lindsay Loan.
Speaker 1: God, I remember having to cover her court stuff and just the mob of people that those hearings would attract.
Speaker 8: It.
Speaker 1: It really drives home the point that you do not want to be famous. You do not want to be famous. Imagine not being able to go to the market or restaurant without people mobbing, staring at you, like super Goldfish syndrome of just being in a bowl and people's watching you.
Speaker 2: And then people call their friends and you're like, he's here right now, he's on Aisle seven.
Speaker 1: Like, yes, you want to be successful and make money, but in terms of fame, oh that's that does not look like a fun life.
Speaker 2: Here's the question I think is at what level is that when you know you've made it is when they start doing lookalike contests for you.
Speaker 3: But what does that even mean that you've made it?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 2: I mean, Glenn Powell is an example. Anybody over the age of probably thirty five would scratch their head and say, who the hell is Glenn Powell.
Speaker 3: He's a gad that's been in everything recently right recently?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The one that I most recognized him from was Top Gon Maverick.
Speaker 4: But he was also in something with Sidney Sweeney called Anyone But You.
Speaker 3: Yes, that was good. He was in The Good.
Speaker 2: He was in the New Twisters movie that came out, but they helped.
Speaker 1: Him in that movie where he played a different a bunch of roles, right like he was played a different a bunch of different personalities in Hitman.
Speaker 2: Yes, Yes, And on November twenty fourth, that's yesterday. A lookalike contest held at the Auditorium Shores Park in Austin, Texas, and the judges were his mother and his aunt.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's funny.
Speaker 2: He couldn't appear in person because he's actually filming a movie, so that's funny.
Speaker 1: The fourteenth annual KFI Pastathon is here. Jeff Bruno's charity, Katerina's Club, provides more than twenty five thousand meals every week to kids in need in Southern California, and it's your generosity that makes this all happen.
Speaker 3: There's a two ways to help.
Speaker 1: You could donate now at kfiam six forty dot com slash Pastathon. We could go into any Smart and Final store donate any amount at checkout, and Wendy's. Wendy's is one of our partners as well. You head into any Wendy's restaurant in southern California, you donate five bucks or more and you get a coupon book for Wendy's goodies.
Speaker 2: And don't forget our All day Pastathon itself. Yes, you can donate before this, but the all day Postathon, where we're going to be broadcasting live from the White House restaurant there in Anaheim is going to be Tuesday, December third, that's Giving Tuesday. We'll be out there starting at five in the morning with Amy King and Wake Up Call all the way through every show through Moe Kelly until ten o'clock at night. You can donate right there on site. You could drop off pasta and sauce donations.
Speaker 4: Again.
Speaker 2: That is Tuesday, December third. This year's Giving Tuesday Pastathon at the Anaheim White House Restaurant.
Speaker 1: One of my favorite Harbob Brothers moments in history. Yeah, okay, So Dad Jack had this competition, because it was always a competition between Jim and John Harbaugh and Dad Jack had this competition.
Speaker 3: Of who could get me a beer fast enough.
Speaker 1: The kids would have to run down to the basement, open up the fridge, grab a beer, pop it close the fridge, run back up the stairs.
Speaker 2: And have it in Dad's hands and don't spill a drop.
Speaker 1: Jim had the record at twenty six seconds. John was trying to beat that during the nineteen seventy Stanley Cup Finals between the Bruins and the Blues, and so John takes off to get the beer and what happens in that moment. It's the Bobby Orr flying goal. He missed it, and years later Bobby Orr signed a picture of that freeze frame of him in the flying in the flying goal and said, next time, John, forget the cheese and crackers. Because John maintains that if he just got the beer, he would have made it back and seen the flying goal, but that he stopped because his dad wanted cheese and crackers as well.
Speaker 2: I just love that. That's a great story. It's a good thing to have a dog. You can teach a dog to get a beer too. I don't think they can crack it.
Speaker 3: Open for you, but can your dog get you a beer?
Speaker 2: My dog can't reach the fridge, I know, I mean, I don't even I'd have to set it out on the cool garage floor for him to go grab it.
Speaker 1: Lacks the arm length, Yeah, that's going to be a problem struggle.
Speaker 2: Also the arms. He doesn't have arms right, right. So there's that the breaking news out of DC. We'll talk more about it we get into swamp watch some of the details of it. But Special Counsel Jack Smith is asking the judge to dismiss the federal election interference charges against President elect Trump. This motion seeks to dismiss the case without prejudice, which means if the judge agrees, it could leave open the possibility that they do in fact try him again, could bring charges once he leaves office again. So but that's something that's going on now. We've talked a little bit about this in that first hour. There is a Reddit user who went on a round about her younger sisters Thanksgiving Day list of demands. She the thirty two year old, said, I've hosted Thanksgiving for my family every year since I moved into my house five years ago, and it's always a little messy and chaotic, but that's part of the charm. This year, my sister decided she wanted to help bring some order to the gathering and revealed a family code of conduct list. She said there is a rule against overlapping conversations at the table, with suggestions for taking turns like a respectful debate club, and a ban on political or controversial topics, with the sister as the final arbiter of what is off limits what would be too heated. This twenty nine year old also wants to see a dress code of smart casual because holiday photos should reflect well on the family and to sign seeding that she claimed was based on optimal optimal personality compatibility, and that the younger sister insists everyone read and sign this list of demands before they actually attend Thanksgiving. What would you put on your list of things that the code of conduct at Thanksgiving?
Speaker 3: I just would never do that.
Speaker 1: I would never tell people how to behave You'd like to think it was just understood, right, or maybe if you're waxing poetic about something you think in politics or policy or what have you.
Speaker 3: That you kind of read the room. But not everyone can read rooms.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know's there's a huge spectrum of social behaviors and unfortunately that's that's kind of like a rare thing for somebody to be able to read a room accurately, to know what's flying and what's not.
Speaker 4: Where does that come from? Who? Why do people not have that?
Speaker 3: It's just a personality type?
Speaker 2: Hm, I mean, is it a matter of like and I don't I'm not an only child, so I don't know. But is it an only child characteristic? Is it common in older the only children where they can't read the room because they didn't have to deal with I don't know.
Speaker 4: Other people.
Speaker 1: I find only children to be more social. Only that they because they had to, they were to deal with adults, you know more. You know, there was not a lot of Yeah, you were having conversations with adults more than you were with kids.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But I think there's also kind of the personality type of I know better, I know best. This is everything I do is the best, This is the best.
Speaker 3: You know that guy.
Speaker 1: There's always a guy who's like, my burger place is the best burger place. Or you know, my son's going to the best college. It's everything they do is the best, or you know what you should do?
Speaker 3: Is this kind of thing? There is always fun.
Speaker 2: So the conclusion to this is that the thirty two year old who's been hosting Thanksgiving dinners at her house since she bought the house a few years ago, again the little sister, the twenty nine year old, was the one who came up with this code of conduct. So the older sister said, I'm not going to enforce a code of conduct, and if you don't like it, don't come to Thanksgiving.
Speaker 4: She said. She ultimately canceled holding Thanksgiving at her house.
Speaker 2: The younger sister doubled down, saying that she was being ungrateful and stubborn as a result.
Speaker 3: So that sounds like a fun time, doesn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no kidding, I kind of wish they would have had Thanksgiving.
Speaker 3: What are you doing for Thanksgiving?
Speaker 2: My in laws are coming into town. I have a nephew that's going to be driving down. Maybe some random friends that come over, but son and daughter will be there.
Speaker 4: Son's girlfriend will be there probably at some point.
Speaker 3: So nice.
Speaker 2: And then football, right, But I put my nephew in charge of the volume on the TV because my father in law and mother in law tend to listen to it pretty loud.
Speaker 3: Now, do you have any roles? Do you do anything? Are you responsible for any of the food?
Speaker 2: I'm probably turkey guy? Okay, yeah, which means yesterday I had to take the turkey out of the freezer and stick it in the fridge to begin the thawing process.
Speaker 3: Do you do that yesterday?
Speaker 2: I did good, but I still might have been a day late late because it's for some well I shouldn't say, for some reason. My wife bought a twenty pound turkey, but we thought it was smaller than that. And then I looked at the label and it says twenty pounds.
Speaker 3: So how many pounds did you think it was?
Speaker 4: I thought it was about a twelve or thirteen pound turkey.
Speaker 1: So sweet to underestimate its weight like that. You are good with women, a mcgiver.
Speaker 4: I am McGivern.
Speaker 2: So anyway, that's the old apple cider bourbon brine that I have to start working.
Speaker 1: It sounds like you may need to call in Neil's show and find out what to do with that massive bird that you did not cross quick enough.
Speaker 4: It'll be fine, it'll be fine. I just add the cooking time.
Speaker 2: I usually cook it wrapped up pretty well so it doesn't dry out all that stuff.
Speaker 4: So all right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Hey, if you ever miss any part of this show, you can always go back and listen on demand.
Speaker 4: Did you know that?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: We have a podcast.
Speaker 4: Yeah, every day, every single.
Speaker 1: You don't have to listen to this show well nine to one. You can listen to it anytime a day.
Speaker 2: You should listen to it from nine to one and then think of the highlighted parts that you'd like to listen to again, and then listen to it again on the podcast. Oh, just search Gary and Shannon on the iHeart app or anywhere you find your favorite podcast.
Speaker 1: That's a really hard call to make, Like what are your favorite parts?
Speaker 3: It's like picking between your children.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, yep. I have a hard time with that.
Speaker 3: Every day you're picking a side. You know, I want the stuffing and the mashed potatoes. I don't just want that.
Speaker 2: No one's going to fight you for both of those? Can I have both of them? You could have one on one day and you could have one the next.
Speaker 3: I got to get into an uncrustable here. Now I'm hungry.
Speaker 2: Swamp watch when we come back to Gary and Shannon. You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show. You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.