Speaker 1: In the Sports page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six to nine the Games, Mike the Bulldog beyond You on JR.
Speaker 2: All Right, we got the Bulldog on the horns, So Magic dork twe last night. They got to put that behind him, as they're right back at it tonight in San Antonio.
Speaker 3: Doggy. Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's not often the team loses when the opponent scores ninety six points or less, but the Magic are the worst scoring offensive team in the league. They've scored ninety points or less nine times this year. I think that leads the league. By the way, I'm so frustrated with the Magic. I mean, they get a little momentum and then they fall back into their same routine of not being able to score again. These guys score less than shot Doctor used to score there. They're just they can't put the ball in the basket. Palo Bancaro, even though he had twenty six points last night, one of eight from beyond the ark. The Franz a Franz Wagner, he had over twenty points last night, but one of seven from downtown. They cannot shoot the three, and they cannot score enough points. They are tied for last in the league in scoring with the Brooklyn Nets. So yeah, I realized they play good defense, but you're not gonna win basketball games if you can't score well.
Speaker 1: They had strung some before, strung some together before this. It don't be too hard of the guys.
Speaker 4: Hey, you were eighty seven points. That's that's just not getting it done.
Speaker 1: Kind of like a high school game.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So, by the way, speaking of basketball, I know you guys being big UCF fans, and you see if alumnus and all you're gonna you're ready for the first ever college basketball Crown Tournament. You see if tips off that tonight, you guys ready for it.
Speaker 2: Didn't even know that was a thing.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm what he talks You guys are big ucfns.
Speaker 4: You don't know the UCFS tipping off against Oregon State tonight.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Today five thirty pm in the CBC, it's called it's the first ever CBC tournament. It's in Vegas. It's essentially a Fox Sports created event so Fox Sports can have some program.
Speaker 2: How many teams are in this?
Speaker 4: This is a sixteen team, single elimination tournament started last night in Vegas, and the Knights have their opening game tonight. It's sort of like I think, it's sort of like the UFL. It's you know, you know, Fox created the UFL so they could have content. They've also created this basketball tournament because they don't have the NCAA basketball tournament. So it's essentially for the It's essentially for betters, I think the bet On basketball while they're waiting waiting on the final four.
Speaker 1: Now, Pat didn't know about it, but I bored the team jet right after the showdow.
Speaker 2: Oh, we'll have a nice trip out to Vegas. The women's final four is set Bulldog after last night's games.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Paige Becker of Yukon thirty one points. She leads Yukon to a seventy eight sixty four win over USC. Now, USC was the number one seed, but they lost their star player Juju Watkins to an ACL injury earlier in the tournament. So Yukon the powerhouse, historical powerhouse in college basketball. They're going to the Final four for the seventeen sixteenth time in the last seventeen years Yukon in the Final four. They will take on UCLA on Friday in one of the semifinals, and then the other semifinal will be an All SEC semifinal. Texas, which beat TCU last night. They're going to play South Carolina and.
Speaker 2: Those games are in Tampa, Tampa, if you want to go over there.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm actually going to San Antonio for the Final four this weekend.
Speaker 3: So are you? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Nice?
Speaker 4: By the way, you mentioned yesterday you were talking about the Yankees and all the home runs they hit these torpedo bats are using. Have you guys been reading about these? Ye? Yes, I mean these torpedo bats are amazing.
Speaker 3: I guess some some M I. T.
Speaker 4: Physicists came up with this bad idea where he the bats look like bowling pins, and.
Speaker 3: They've moved the the main.
Speaker 4: Mass of the wood like like eight eight inches below the actual tip of the bats. So these so they're generating a lot more power because that's where the balls mainly hit.
Speaker 3: So the Yankees have have I guess.
Speaker 4: They're the ones who sort of started this, but other teams are starting to use them as well.
Speaker 1: You see that, I Judge said, I don't need that. He's not using it, Aaron Judge.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he wasn't one of the Yankees that used it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he's still hit four home runs in three games.
Speaker 2: As yesterday, they'll have to start building new stadiums with the center field six hundred feet out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this will be these torpedo bats. They'll be like the tush push in football.
Speaker 2: Which, Hey, there's a serious talk they may ban that plague with the NFL owners meetings here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're going down owners meetings going on in West Palm right now. In fact, Brandon Kravitz of our station is down there covering that. So yeah, that's the big The big controversy is will they ban the tush push because the Eagles have perfected it and no other team has quite frankly.
Speaker 1: Well, the Bills are pretty damn good at it too, because they have the machine that is Josh.
Speaker 3: How although.
Speaker 4: Sean McDermott, the Bills coach, he's one of the ones who's pushing to have it outlawed, believe it or not, even though the Bills use it the second most of any other team.
Speaker 1: On the Eagles, I heard yesterday they're talking about the angle they're going to do away with it.
Speaker 3: The angle that.
Speaker 1: They're taking is that they're worried about injuries.
Speaker 3: Oh Jesus, I guess it's football.
Speaker 1: Let him do a toush push if you have the equipment and the guys to do that.
Speaker 3: Injuries. No, they're worried about the Eagles winning the Super Bowls.
Speaker 2: If you don't like to play, try to figure it out on your own, and if not, try to figure out how to stop it.
Speaker 4: Well, not every not every team, though, has a quarterback like Jalen Hurts.
Speaker 3: This guy can squat like eight hundred pounds.
Speaker 4: I guess, I guess the success of the tush push is Jalen Hurts, like you know, when he crashes him into line, he has such leg strength that he can you know, he can surge ahead like Most quarterbacks can't squat eight hundred pounds like Jalen Hurts.
Speaker 1: But they shouldn't be penalized for that. In my eyes.
Speaker 3: Sorry, you paid a lot of money for a.
Speaker 2: Good teams going back in the day saying Earl Campbell's thighs were too big, he might hurt you when he runs over. You know, a good lord, all right? Lightning back on the ice tonight at the Islanders. Bulldog Mike Bionkey, host of Open Mike Mornings, Jason dust on AM seven forty and FM ninety six to ninety game and he takes time out of his show to fill us in on the sports page here on JRR each morning.
Speaker 4: By the way, Happy belated birthday, I forgot my birthday wish yesterday to the great Angus Young of ac DC who turned seventy yesterday.
Speaker 3: Oh Lusonaco on Demand to download the iHeartRadio app.