Speaker 1: This is Dan Caples and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Kaplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download, and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform. Let that celebration continue, because the American Way is winning, and it is a beautiful thing to behold. It's not perfect, right, but it's never going to be on this earth, but it is as good as we've seen it in a long time. And it is trending in the right direction. And how great to wake up in the morning and know that Trump is in office. What because everything you know, Puppy Rainbow.
Speaker 2: Is all of that.
Speaker 3: No, no, but A, it is infinitely better than it was just forty eight hours ago. And B there is so much concrete reason for hope and lots of good things happening already.
Speaker 2: So glad you're here.
Speaker 3: Appreciate those who disagree, Obviously, we try to go to them first, be it a text or a call eight five to five for zero five eight two five to five the number text d an seven three nine. We opened the show, and I won't rehash it here. I'll touch on some key points. Later, we opened the show talking about lawless Mike Johnston, the mayor of Denver, and his latest dangerous behavior when it comes to law enforcement. We broke it down before when he came out and talked about sending Denver police out to the county line to stop federal law enforcement officer officers, characterized federal law enforcement officers as invaders into this state, and once again now has has alluded to a terror that they would bring to this state if they tried.
Speaker 2: To go into schools, etc.
Speaker 3: So he for doing a lot of dumb things, he is actually a smart guy and smart enough to know that he is putting an even bigger target on the back of law enforcement, including federal law enforcement when he refers to them as invaders and inflicting terror and things like that. And Johnston knows there are a lot of psychos out there who can be green lighted by that kind of talk. Now on the first guy on it, first guy in air to say, wait a second, we've got to protect typical political speech where you talk about, hey, let's go out there and fight, fight, fight, or even Barack Obama saying, hey, don't bring up knife to a gunfight.
Speaker 2: Clearly Obama is talking in political.
Speaker 3: Rhetoric, and I'm the first to go out and defend it that even when it comes from a political opponent. But this stuff from Johnston, this is not in that category. This is crazy talk. This is crazy talk. That is not typical political discourse. When you're referring to our federal law enforcement as invaders and talking about them inflicting terror, no, that goes way beyond typical political discourse. It is reckless, it is dishonest, and he knows that it may lead to violence against law enforcements. So that's that is something this community should not tolerate from anybody, let alone an elected official.
Speaker 2: Anyway, we got more to do here.
Speaker 3: We want to talk about J six because I have a text going after that, and I want to respond to that. We don't duck anything on this show, not like what the left does. And I want to play sound from She's being labeled online the quote woke pastor. She's not a woke pastor. She's a dishonest pastor. And she spoke at the National Prayer Breakfast today, pardon me, the ceremony at the National Cathedral, the National Day of Prayer. Presidents traditionally attend, and you have people from lots of different denominations speak, and she hijacked it for a political message, and the beauty of it is that she hurt her own cause in the process. Let's play that sound now cut thirteen.
Speaker 4: Please and the people, the people who pick our crops and clean our office buildings, who labor in poultry farms and meatpacking plants, who washed the dishes after we eat in restaurants, and work the night shifts in hospitals. They they may not be citizens or have the proper documentation, but the vast majority of immigrants are not criminals. They pay taxes and our good neighbors. They are faithful members of our churches and mosques, synagogues, wudara and temples. I ask you to have mercy, mister President, on those in our communities whose children fear that their parents will be taken away, and that you help those who are fleeing war zones and persecution in their own lands to find compassion and welcome here. Our God teaches us that we are to be merciful to the stranger, for we will all want strangers in this land.
Speaker 3: Well, do you really think she'd lecture Barack Obama if he was sitting there, or Jill Biden on abortion, you really think that, and listen if I heard her do that, And the starting point is I think that was inappropriate today in this setting. I'm not going to lose sleep over it because Trump handled it great advance, and the looks on their faces I think.
Speaker 2: Worth the price of admission.
Speaker 3: But she also hurts her cause, right because America just spoke loudly and clearly on all of this, and then she went off, if I remember it right, on some LGBTQ riff. America has spoken loudly and clearly on this, and so she is only hurting her cause by doing this from the pulpit on an occasion that's supposed to be a nationally unifying occasion. But in terms of those who want to say, oh, speaking truth to power courage garbage. You really think she'd do that to Obama or Biden on the mass killing known as abortion, and the mass killing known as abortion that shouldn't be allowed to kill anybody, but disproportionately KI kills kids of color. Now, she would never do that Obama or Biden.
Speaker 2: This was raw politics.
Speaker 5: And I want to ask you on the merits her categorization that those who are here illegally that do not have legal status, that therefore their employers cannot file the proper tax forms for do they pay taxes? How is that possible if they're here illegally, they don't have legal status, they don't have a green card. I would think and assume that most of them are hired because they're illegals, because they can be paid less, because they can be paid in cash, and that nobody ever sees that money.
Speaker 3: She may be referring to sales tax I'm not sure, but I mean, come on, but I think though, Ryan, Yeah, I mean, I get your point there. I just think, in my mind, the bigger point is the hypocrisy, you know, pretending to be this courageous speaking truth to power, and then all of these lefties just disappear when it comes to the mass slaughter of all of.
Speaker 2: This innocent human life.
Speaker 3: So but again, if politically, it's as we've been saying for how long now on this show, going back years, the stuff that makes you frustrated in the moment is good long term for our cause. Politically, all that stuff they were thrown at Trump, we said it was going to backfire on him. It did, and this kind of of misuse of the pulpit today that then, yet, I think that's going to backfire on him as well. And I'm not saying that there should never be strong words from the pulpit on the life and death issues of the day. I think there should be. It should never be partisan, it should never be red or blue or anything like that. I think this was raw partisanship today. Eight five five for zero five A two five five text d An five seven seven three nine.
Speaker 2: Boy, so much hot sound to get to.
Speaker 3: But let me get to this J six tech, he says Dan. So far being the president of law and order, Trump immediately pardon the criminals of January sixth, including over one hundred who were on video beating the Capitol police with baseball bats, among other things.
Speaker 2: Couple of curse words.
Speaker 3: I guess that's because he didn't actually place his hand on the bibles. All bets are off texture. I wish you'd call the show because it cannot be fun to live with that level of anger and resentment, and we could help you with that here.
Speaker 2: But a couple of things.
Speaker 3: This Bible thing is I'm sure the Texter must know if he's smart enough to know how to text, he's smart enough to know the issue with the Bible is justice. Roberts had to move quickly because of the timing. There wasn't time to get Milania in place with the Bibles. That's how all of that came down. And I'm sure the Texter knows that, but just does not care about the truth. In terms of J six, the President addressed it today in some detail in this press conference, and he had and Ryan, what I took away from it.
Speaker 2: You were on air at the time of the presser.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you've had a chance since to see or read about that sound. But the president's response to a series of questions about, hey, you know, jd Vance said nobody who committed violence would be pardoned, and you pardoned this guy who committed.
Speaker 2: That bad act.
Speaker 3: The series of answers, I think together were making what appeared to me to be one global point from President Trump, which was and it's not that he said these exact words in this precise sequence, but the point was that we've got to have equal application of the law in Colorado, in America, certainly in Colorado, we have to have equal application of the law in America, and that in Trump's view, and he gave specific examples out of Portland and other places that that had not been occurring in America. That you had the left committing all of these violent acts, all of this destruction, murder, pillage, and the lefts not being prosecuted, and then you have the right being prosecuted.
Speaker 2: So I think.
Speaker 3: President Trump's overall message was there's been unequal application of the law in America and that's his justification for these pardons. So that I think was the gist of what he was saying today. Eight five zero five A two five five takes d A N five seven seven three nine back in a flash on the Dan Caplas.
Speaker 6: Show and now back to the Dan Taplas Show podcast full.
Speaker 2: Of vide by state and local law.
Speaker 7: And we are clearly have by federal law, and so that'll continue to be true. We just won't do federal law enforcements job for them, and we won't help support their effort to kind of bring tarrort communities if they are trying to.
Speaker 2: Rid schools or hospitals treaties.
Speaker 7: And currently the courts have upheld that view that you're under no obligation to enforce federal law.
Speaker 2: Right, all hell would break of cultural the other.
Speaker 7: Way, Yes, I think you would find wides by resistance to.
Speaker 3: Not What a reckless, dangerous, low life kind of comment. But it's part of a pattern from Johnston here referring to federal law enforcement bringing terror to our communities. Now, he has to know that that is the distinct possibility of green lighting dangerous people out there.
Speaker 2: And law enforcement is already in so much danger.
Speaker 3: But how you got the mayor of Denver referring to federal law enforcement officers as invaders, as terrorizing our people. What a reckless, reckless thing to do. And he knows he's lying to begin with. Now, listen to Trump administration today changed the definition of sensitive places.
Speaker 2: They have a right to do that.
Speaker 3: And they said if they're pursuing criminal illegals, they may pursue them now into schools, they may pursue them into hospitals, if I remember right, I think they said they could pursue them into churches as well. I think that's a no brainer. Listen, if you're pursuing somebody who just robbed to seven to eleven, you're going to pursue to them wherever they go.
Speaker 2: Why should it be any different.
Speaker 3: For somebody Kerry legally who's committed some other serious crime, which is what the Trump administration is pursuing right now. So for Johnston to refer to our law enforcement as invaders and refer to them terrorizing, that is just one of the most reckless things I've ever heard in elected official do, and he's done it on multiple occasions.
Speaker 2: Now, Hey, let's get to the phone lines there and fuego.
Speaker 3: Then I'll get packed to text as well. Dean has been holding since the oj trial will start there. You're on the Dan Kaplis Show.
Speaker 2: Welcome Dean.
Speaker 8: Hey, Dan, thanks for taking my call. Hey, thank you to all those J six people that are mad they released him. Well, guess what when you HAVEDI knocks on your door and rest you. You're already shared out of your mind, and then they tell you you're going to be facing twenty years that you're scared and you know you can't you send yourself with the Big Brother of Sam has endless pockets of legal lawyers. So you're going to take a plea to offer you. Oh, a lot of these guys and women, we're at the mercy of dj and say, okay, I'll take because it's better than twenty. So a lot of these people that couldn't fight the big brother of Uncle Sam.
Speaker 2: Dean appreciate the call. Thank you for that. Deane.
Speaker 3: Do appreciate the call. And I'm not familiar with these individual cases. I'm more familiar with the cases of the pro lifers who got pursued and persecuted by the Biden administration, and Trump's stepping in there to do justice, which is a great thing to see. With j six, my guess is, and again I haven't explored these cases. My guess is you'd have to get into each case individually, and there's probably just a wide variance between the people who may have illegally entered the Capitol and not committed any actions of violence and others who, clearly we've seen some committed horrible acts of violence. And I'm with Jada Vance that you know, people who committed acts of violence, Yeah, that should should.
Speaker 2: Not get an outright pardon. Now.
Speaker 3: President Trump's broader point, and and he made it today, is we cannot have an unequal system of justice in America. And you've had all these people on the left committing these terrible acts of violence, destroying property, rampaging across the rampaging across the country.
Speaker 2: Who who would not even get arrested?
Speaker 3: And so Trump is is making this broader argument about equal application of the law, and he's making some other arguments as well. Let's uh, let's get who do we have now? Rick, You're on the Dan Capla show. Eerie Mike is with us. We look forward to that also, Rick, welcome to the show.
Speaker 9: Thank you, Dan. How are you doing?
Speaker 3: I am living the dream, my friend, and continuing to celebrate.
Speaker 2: How about you? Shane?
Speaker 10: Here, I have a question, Uh, President Trump uh evoked security clearances on everybody that was on the Hunter.
Speaker 2: Biden beautiful to see. Yes, And I'm.
Speaker 9: Wondering if you can do that with since the J six Committee was pardoned, if he could invoke their security clearances.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that the pardon would not as affect his ability to do that, so he could still do that. And I'm so glad you mentioned Yeah.
Speaker 9: I think that would be the best thing for Trump to do at this at this time, just invoke their their security clearances because that's going to hurt them because some are still in Hunger's correct.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I don't know what level of clearance they would have. But interesting question, and Rick, thank you for that, you know, and we'll ask Congressoman Bobert that the next time she joins us as well.
Speaker 2: So yeah, thank you for that, my friend.
Speaker 3: And I was so glad Trump took that step, because that was one of the greatest deceptions of the American people we've seen in modern time. You know, those who signed that letter saying this Hunter laptop thing, and I'm paraphrasing, was likely Russian propaganda. And one story I read Ryan said that it was Anthony Blinken who had coordinated all of that, and that the Secretary of State position was a reward for that.
Speaker 2: So just one of the worst deceptions ever.
Speaker 3: But you know what, in the end, I think Trump's going to be even more effective now for having had this gap and the chance to think about what he would do in a second term. In the meantime, though, look at the horrible price the nation in the world is paid for Trump not having consecutive terms.
Speaker 2: There would be no war in Ukraine.
Speaker 3: That there would have not been the October seven attacks, so much of the horrible stuff that's happened over the last four years simply would not have happened if Trump was president, and we know that because it didn't happen when he was. Hey, I know we've got Eerie Mike, but I want to make sure he has enough time.
Speaker 2: If you're new to the show, thank you.
Speaker 3: Eerie Mike is is a caller who often disagrees.
Speaker 2: It's almost always entertaining and useful, and we appreciate that. So we don't want to limit him to just a minute.
Speaker 3: So Kelly, can you ask him if he can hang around and we will then take Eerie Mike. At the start of the next segment, Ay five five for zero five A two five five the number text d A N five seven seven three nine. Texter says, Dan, the Golden rage is upon us. You know, interesting wordplay. But Ryan, what's so striking to me is that I think President Trump has made it very clear that that is not going to be the.
Speaker 2: Tone of this second term.
Speaker 3: And who could blame him in the first term when he's up against the coup attempt known as the Russian collusion hoax everything else. But while he hasn't lost a bit of his vigor or his strength or clearly his fight, No, I don't think this term is going to be marked by rage. It's going to be marked by strength, often a sense of humor. I mean he's been absolutely brilliant, ye know in his first twenty four plus hours. Hey, when we come back for better or worse, we'll kick it off with Eerie Mike. You're on the Dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 6: You're listening to the Van Pamples Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Or Mike Johnston who says that law enforcement will be bringing terror to Colorado if pursues criminally legals into schools. That Trump administration said, we're allowed to pursue criminal illegals into schools. Who do you think is going to win that showdown? So we'll be following that is it unfolds in Colorado. A lot of published reports now that god Denver is going to be among the top five cities the first five cities where the Trump administration is going to begin Operation Aurora.
Speaker 2: You think Aurora would.
Speaker 3: Be one of those as well, But we will find out together eight five five for zero five eight two five five the number text d A N five seven seven three nine Eerie Mike had to drop, which is unfortunate. We always enjoy his calls and then hopefully he'll give us a buzz back. I think we've disagreed about just about everything.
Speaker 2: And that's always fun.
Speaker 3: If you want to take Eerie Mike's place eight five five for zero five eight two five five, or you can text d An five.
Speaker 2: Seven seventh three nine.
Speaker 3: I want to get back to our in fuego text calls as well. Let's go to Tony in Littleton. You're on the Dan Kaplis Show.
Speaker 11: Welcome, Hey, Dan. I just want to say that I'm a three time Trump voter. I think he's one of the most consequential and greatest Americans to ever live. All prefoosit with that. But if I was him and I was asked how can you pardon violent people? I would simply say, why did Joe Biden feel it necessary to pardon the.
Speaker 2: J sixth Committee?
Speaker 12: Why did the J sixth Committee destroy evidence? And how does anybody know because of the partiality.
Speaker 11: That these people ever got a fair trial. It's over. It's done with.
Speaker 2: Tony. Appreciate the call, Thank you, my friend.
Speaker 3: I think we all know that Biden pardoning is family I mean so dirty, pardoning the J six Committee, pardnering Fauci, pardoning his son when he promised he wouldn't. I think we all know that that completely takes Trump off the hook for it politically, for any of these J six pardons, and I think that is a great thing because listen, Trump talks about us being in a golden age, and I do believe we're in one of those moments right now and we're already seeing it. And so I would hate to see at the J six pardon issue detour derail his momentum in any way, and it won't, and a big reason it won't. I think there are two big reasons it won't, and one is because of what Biden has done with these very dirty pardons. And the other reason, I think is because, yeah, I think a lot of Americans, like I was very disturbed by scenes.
Speaker 2: Of violence at the Capitol. Is the son of a cop.
Speaker 3: Anybody who's going to assault a cop, you know, let me at them, right, and so very disturbed by that. At the same time, I think Americans, including me, deeply, deeply disturbed by the polices and the Bennetts and the hicken Loopers and all the other lefties of the world, including Biden, letting the left rampage through our cities, through our state, across the nation and the left not being prosecuted for lots of crimes of violence that it committed in the name of their political causes.
Speaker 2: And so I think you have an awful lot of.
Speaker 3: Americans disgusted at both and just saying, hey, you know, you got to apply the law equally. So yeah, I don't think the J six pardons will take any political toll on Trump, and obviously in large part because of what Biden has done now that the Biden pardons I think helped Trump in many other ways beyond that, right, because they exposed not just Biden for being what I've always told you on areas corrupt, but they exposed the entire Democratic Party for being corrupt because they covered up his corruption. And it exposes an awful lot of the media, because an awful lot of the media covered up his corruption. So this is a tremendous gift to Trump, and I think a gift that's going to keep on giving. Eight point five four zero five eight two five five the number. I want to get to some of these texts as well.
Speaker 2: Well. Biden's teleprompter going to the Smithsonian.
Speaker 3: You know, it got to the point obviously where a teleprompter wasn't going to help him.
Speaker 2: He just didn't have the mental capacity.
Speaker 3: And you saw that story, didn't you, Ryan about the Biden was using teleprompters at small private fundraisers in homes.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so rough.
Speaker 3: And it just goes to the magnitude of the conspiracy right to keep all of this from us. And I don't think the American people are going to forget that, my friend, Dan, I'd like to know what you think about those people who clearly assaulted officers at the Capitol being given pardons. I don't think anybody who assaulted a police officer should be given a pardon.
Speaker 2: Dan.
Speaker 3: If these immigrants are here illegally, how are they paying taxes?
Speaker 2: That from our friend.
Speaker 3: Alexa, I assume that most often people are referring to sales taxes that are being paid.
Speaker 2: Show some of these just get way too long down. I see. There are already.
Speaker 3: Challenges to some of Trump's directives. Did his new administration run each directive passed a litmus test of our constitution before he signed them? Bob from Arvada in great question, Bob, I have to believe, as organized and focused as this Trump team has been, that there was a constitutional analysis done that they fully expected challenges, not because anything they're doing is by definition unconstitutional, but because that's what they expected the left to do, and so I don't think they're going to be surprised by.
Speaker 2: Any of these challenges.
Speaker 3: I think one of the reasons they flooded the zone on day one with executive orders is to try to slow that down, make it a little harder for the left. But they knew they'd eventually end up in court on these and I think they expect to win in court on most, if not all, of them. Great question. Thank you for that, Dan. I'm not a leftist at all. I'm a god fearing Trump supporter. I'm the guy who pointed out the disgusting ed ad on your show. Read my post on your show, ninety nine percent will agree with me. Ryan, I'm not at all sure what that text refers to. Maybe the texture will clarify.
Speaker 5: Well, that was the text that you took issue with and that I agreed with you on that it was probably not appropriate for air and across the line, and now he's defending that.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right.
Speaker 3: And what I refer to, if you're just joining the show, is we had kind of a series of texts today from someone who I believe is on the left and is just trying to sneak on texts that will make conservatives look racist. And so that's why I didn't read them, because I don't think they're legit. You know, one of the things I'm most proud of somewhere around thirty years on air is that we don't censor.
Speaker 2: We take on all comers. But I've got to.
Speaker 3: Believe that a text is legitimate, that the person who's sending it really believes it before I'm going to go ahead and read it on air, particularly when it's full of racist stuff. Now, I've had a lot of racist on air over the years, who I then used to expose how ignorant their views are and what losers they are, because I learned this growing up from my wonderful parents growing up on the South Side of Chicago, that racists are by definition idiots and losers, and they don't believe in God because no logical person with a working mind can believe that one person superior to another because of the color of their skin. That the racist I saw in action on the South Side of Chicago, and there were many, they were the definition of losers. I'm surprised they weren't born with just a big L on their head, on their forehead, and so that's always been my view of racist. So when we've ended up with a racist on air, we just use it to expose all that. And obviously racists don't believe in God, because if you believe in God, you don't believe that God makes one human being lesser than another, and certainly not by virtue of their skin color. So yeah, we don't censor that stuff, but I'm not going to throw some text on air when I believe it's some lefty pretending to be a righty to try to make the right look bad, somebody who doesn't even believe what they're texting. Dan Representative Byron Donald's love him. He's got such a great presence. This goes back to a conversation Ryan and I were having earlier about all the reasons to be excited moving forward in America, including this pipeline of talent the GOP has lining up for twenty twenty eight, which really begins in twenty twenty six. So when we come back, some more fun hot sound of the day. Marco Rubia, one of the funniest lines we've heard in along time.
Speaker 2: You're on the Dan Caplas Show.
Speaker 6: And now back to the Dan Taplas Show podcast.
Speaker 13: If I may take the liberty for just fifteen seconds to say something in Spanish, because I know a lot of people back home would be very proud.
Speaker 2: And I want to make sure I acknowledge.
Speaker 13: That Adios, I'm a familia. I am famila can attack and min in twenty six a proposal can possibly gravely said that the talo that Magueno and Lictoria the too money that President the Trump porreto opportunidad. I just said, I saved a munch of money by switching the guy call.
Speaker 2: That's what I said. It's one of the great lines ever.
Speaker 3: This is going to be such a fun four years eight five five for zero five eight two five five the number takes d A N five seven, seven three and nine.
Speaker 2: Love this text I just got.
Speaker 3: But this was on my phone from a buddy and a client who called it the Golden Sage, labeling Trump the Golden Sage since he's talking obviously about the Golden Age, but a.
Speaker 2: Lot to that.
Speaker 3: Hey, I understand from Ryan that we have Michael Bennett online one now I've been trying to get Michael Bennett on the show now for how many years?
Speaker 2: Ryan? So great job? Am I right about that?
Speaker 14: Yeah? Dan, it's kind of matches up with that perfectly. I Mike, but I'm actually from Bennett.
Speaker 2: But oh like from Bennett Ben, Okay, okay, okay, Well.
Speaker 14: You're going to pull that one off.
Speaker 3: Well you're probably a lot better senator than Michael Bennett.
Speaker 2: So Mike, from Bennett, what are you thinking?
Speaker 14: Well, I was just wondering. I mean, I've already heard from some of these January six people that have been pardoned, you know, I've caught him on see podcasts here and there, And it lines up with everything that I had said before in the past, and that is it was kind of like an officer pulling you over at a for a ticket, and they walk up to your door and they reach in and they punch in the face, and then they asked you to comply to giving them your driver's license. Because this is actually what happened, is what really went down, is they were standing around peacefully, and I've seen the video of it where they through tear gas, they shot rubber bullets into them, and some of the people have holes in their faces, and there was a few other people that got flash things telling them that injured them. Right, And so all these people are standing around quietly and then the police attack them. Not all of them, but I'd say about a dozen or so of them attacked them, and then the crowd went on the fight. And see what's going to happen here is we're going to see from the January sixth, because they weren't able to speak out, and now you're going to hear the story of what happened actually in their crowd. And I say that every cop that does something like that should be punished. They should be caught on camera doing this and be punished, and that would make it fair.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 14: I don't say that we should go out and fight cops, but when someone walks up to you and punches you, I don't care if there're a cop or not. They punch you and an incite you to violence. They got it coming in some of those situations, not all of them, but I would say a good question of them.
Speaker 3: And let me start with with what I most clearly disagree with here, Mike. If your premise is that if a police officer strikes you, you have a right to strike the police officer back.
Speaker 2: I just disagree with you.
Speaker 14: Let's say myself, Well, let's.
Speaker 2: Break this down. First of all, if you're telling me a.
Speaker 3: Police officer, let's say a police officer misunderstands the circumstance and comes.
Speaker 14: Up and just comes up in front.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, Mike, I'm sorry, my friend.
Speaker 3: I've got to be able to finish a sent Let's say that a police officer misunderstands the circumstance and hits the wrong person by accident. You're seeing that person then has a right to strike the police officer back.
Speaker 2: I disagree with you, and I think you're giving.
Speaker 14: That carse That's a totally different scenario. I'm saying. If you're sitting in a car and someone police officer comes up and you got your windows roll down, he reaches in and punches in, says, can I see the driver's license? Now tell me what you would do in that situation.
Speaker 2: I definitely would not hit him back.
Speaker 3: I think you're giving the worst possible advice that is likely to get a person badly injured and then prosecuted.
Speaker 14: Right, So that's kind of what happened there. They threw slash bags bullets at him and then ask them to stay calm. Yes, and they did well.
Speaker 2: Mike.
Speaker 3: First of all, I don't believe for a second that that's what happened in every case.
Speaker 2: Listen, I think, well, that's the.
Speaker 14: Video of Okay, here's what you'll see it. Dan, you'll get to at one of these days.
Speaker 3: Mike, and please don't go away. You're welcome to stay. But I have to make this point, so I have to get to this, Okay. The way this needs to be pursued is the way that I pursue everything in life, and I assume you do too.
Speaker 2: Get to the truth, do the hard work, get.
Speaker 3: The video, get all the evidence, get to the witnesses, get to the truth of each individual situation, and then treat each individual situation on its own merits.
Speaker 2: Because I doubt very.
Speaker 3: Much, Mike, that in the chaos of that day, that every situation came down the same way.
Speaker 2: You'd have to agree.
Speaker 14: With that it started the same way.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, I disagree. I just think it's it.
Speaker 14: The same way. It didn't end the same way. But every situation there, when you hear them come out, you'll listen to them. They were all antagonized with this stuff, and then they were told to stay calm and not get upset with it. Now, I don't condone striking any police officer. No, but if someone walked up to me and punched me in the face and said, now, can I see your driver's license for no reason, I'm going to defend myself. I'm going to put my hand up, walk him from hit me or something like that. I'm not going to stand there and just take no.
Speaker 2: No, no. Listen.
Speaker 3: And we know all know in real life that that ninety nine percent of the police officers are heroes. Like any human endeavoring, you're going to get the occasional excess. But but if you're in a situation where, let's say somebody you could run into a rogue anything fill in the profession.
Speaker 2: But you're running into.
Speaker 3: A rogue police officer and somebody strikes you when they shouldn't, striking them back is the craziest thing you could possibly do.
Speaker 2: Now, I've got to see this.
Speaker 14: Because I wouldn't want to strike them back, but I would defend myself well.
Speaker 3: Right, And I don't want to burn the rest of the show talking about covering up versus striking back. All I'm saying, is anybody who hits a cop that's out of their minds. Hey, we're at the end of the show, Mike, thank you for calling. You're welcome to call back tomorrow. Listen, when it comes to that the pardons. Trump's broader me message today was we can't have unequal application of the law. Lots on the left of Rampage committed violent acts throughout our cities and not even been prosecuted. That's the broader point Trump's trying to make. I don't think anybody who committed acts of violence against a person, a police officer should get an outright pardon. Thank you, Ryan, Thank you, Kelly. Join us tomorrow.