Speaker 1: The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, starring Basil Rathbone Nigel Bruce, makers of bromo Quinine Cold Tablets, bring you another adventure.
Speaker 2: Of Sherlock Holmes.
Speaker 1: Well Basil Rathbone of Sherlock Holmes and Nigel Bruce as Doctor Watts. Watch out for coals.
Speaker 2: Ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 1: They are very prevalent now and a little cold may be the start of a serious illness. What you want to do with the first sign of a cold is take famous bromo Quinine tablets. Romo Quinine tablets are made for one purpose and one purpose only, and that is the relief of cold. They act fast, give you speedy results. That's what you want when you have a cold. Romo Quinine tablets are known the world over for their afflicature. Trust her reputation when buying a medicine. Do this when you feel a cold coming on, and you will ask for bromo Quinine cold tablets. And now, as we make our way through the night to doctor Watson's hospitable door, we notice.
Speaker 2: The feeling of spring in the air.
Speaker 1: The buds are swollen on the trees, still black and dripping.
Speaker 2: From the range.
Speaker 1: You know the smell of warm, damp earth, deluicious.
Speaker 3: He mister many, Well.
Speaker 1: Hello, doctor Watson, I didn't see you in the doctors.
Speaker 4: I've been not checking out to see if my magnonias deserved the winter and.
Speaker 2: He casualed it.
Speaker 4: They all seem to be fairly bursting with bugs. There's nothing as delicious.
Speaker 3: As that first faint.
Speaker 4: Whisp of spring, all stretches. Come along to the house before we both catch her just a cold.
Speaker 2: I have to use her, not a tobo boy, and.
Speaker 4: None of that age before beauty nonsense. I'm not as equipped as all.
Speaker 1: Well, what's this the front hall lizard with trunks the suitcase. Oh yes, I'm afraid my and your wonder last has broken out rather early this spring. I'm off on a little joint first thing tomorrow morning. But come along util the study. Does that mean that this is the last oftoric allighy for.
Speaker 3: This one to yes time? I am afraid it does well.
Speaker 4: I trust I'm not too forward if I hope to be invited back in the floor, of course not.
Speaker 2: You know, we'll be waiting for your attime.
Speaker 4: Oh very much, very decent of you put up for the the hand rings of Urbano follow like the solfa. I appreciate it you now, but sit down, so many sit down there over there in the usual chair. That's long before I get all gillery sentimental.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can tell us about Professor Moriarty to night.
Speaker 4: Well, I had intended to, but I've changed my mind. I'm going to tell you the adventure of the retired Colorman.
Speaker 1: Instead retired Colorman. Isn't that a military chance?
Speaker 4: No it isn't, mister Jossea p Emberlet it mean the junior member of Brickfallen.
Speaker 3: Emblem Manufactures of artistic paint boxes. He's a quite entity. Unfortunate was card from this.
Speaker 4: At the age of sixty one while the House of Jewishim, and then settled down.
Speaker 3: The next year eighteen ninety Sevemari watched.
Speaker 1: Your full married Mary, who is married.
Speaker 3: And the woman sloty years His juniors always be Risday look who in two years he was as.
Speaker 4: Miserable a preacher as caused beneath the Sun that Leanna company ahead the story again. As I was saying, this is the twenty third of April eighteen hundred and ninety nine, and a rainy and disagreeable April, it had been Holmes is a melancholine philosophic moved that morning as he stood by the window watching the rain drops chasing one another down down the pave.
Speaker 3: Rain and always depressed him. And he was not working on a case. When he was working on a case, I don't believe you realized that there was such a face as.
Speaker 1: Weather looker that beastly rain hasn't stopped for three days now as well be an enough flood. Well, heaven only knows what transgressions could have brought it on. There's been a really first class crime for months.
Speaker 3: Chir uple chair up.
Speaker 1: It's probably good for the crops or something, sliden crimes.
Speaker 4: The rain, of course, probably makes the little buds stout to the little flute.
Speaker 1: Huge are plasted, optimistic, more likely rotting all the seeds that's already been planted. Rain, Where the juice does it all come from? This can't founded English climate. Why any man with half a brain stays on this rain soak miss bound Island is beyond me of the men.
Speaker 3: Of anything to do it. It's this is dog bless them.
Speaker 4: This climate gives them perfect complexions and there's so many lovely creatures about what Englishmen would think of quitting the country so much, beauties, the Chakes school rubbish?
Speaker 1: What's rubbish? This spring has given you a temporary softening of the brain, and I regret to say it seems to have that effect on most impressionable male possible nonsense.
Speaker 3: When a woman's concerning money, of cases, you've never even noticed whether she's sixteen or sixty, and then you don't care whether she's got a well turned ankle or whether she's flat footed. Why should I homes? There are times when I think you're cold budded fish.
Speaker 5: Today, Watson.
Speaker 1: Possibly, Why do you suppose the pool doesn't show up?
Speaker 2: That fool?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 1: Sigh up the Amberley.
Speaker 2: Is he one of your clouds?
Speaker 1: I suppose I may call him so been sent to me by stat and Yah Scott to do right by this chart. To be exact, you must consider the case fairly hopeless. If let's trot hands the mat over to meaves on a cord.
Speaker 4: Then there's a care drawing after in front of our front Joy.
Speaker 3: You must see your cart dis tambler.
Speaker 5: Yeah, things looking individually, Watson, because.
Speaker 3: An old fellow looks literally bowed down.
Speaker 1: With care and no weaklings of those shoulders in that chest the framework of a giant adding.
Speaker 5: The cab driver about the fair watches the penny day, Sir.
Speaker 4: I don't like his face, so fierce and eager, and the way those snaky locks of grizzled hair stick out from under his hat.
Speaker 1: Wonder what he's worrying. Worrying, mister Ambley, willing to better has nothing to do with money. Imagine nothing else could upset him to any great extent.
Speaker 4: Nonsense Home, you always look on the base side of the human nature.
Speaker 5: Yere, he is now come in, come in.
Speaker 3: Which of you is Shelock Holme?
Speaker 1: I am, and this is my friend doctor.
Speaker 3: I'm a broken man. He's rubbed me the spine. He can everything I had in the world. I thought it was my friend, and he took everything, and I'd come under my nose in my own house rob me. He did, Yes, I felt sure it was a question of money, and he who set money. He's told my wife the life of my life.
Speaker 6: Yeah, love my eye. It's true she was steady expensive, but after.
Speaker 7: All she was my wife.
Speaker 5: And he's tole now, mister Amberley.
Speaker 3: And if you were to be a blonde wife like gold and my securities the money I saved up two years of hard work, gone all gone at first?
Speaker 5: Tell us about your wife.
Speaker 1: How long have you been married?
Speaker 3: Two years?
Speaker 2: Two years?
Speaker 6: And she's tired of me already two three years?
Speaker 1: My good men, Easy, more facts and pure incriminations if we're to get to the bottom of this case.
Speaker 6: Well, three years ago I retired bought a house.
Speaker 7: Think hou said, bluisham cost you plenty of money at that house, did well, sir.
Speaker 6: I've never lived alone in the big house before. God sort of lonely house began to leave looking.
Speaker 7: After so I thought I'd start looking around for a wife, nice healthy, young wife to look after me.
Speaker 3: Then amede Ella and some girl she was too, a good cook.
Speaker 7: Hair like gold could make a bee for the kidney tie that went notes of your mouth, though I.
Speaker 6: Thought I might just forget Madded'm very practical. I'm sure that's what I think.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 7: A tank, But Lord, missus, the money a woman runs into it there made my heart bleed the way the money went.
Speaker 5: Must have thought you'd be glad when the other pullet to go off your hands. But who was this?
Speaker 7: Is a painting sheep's clothing her and his name was doctor Ray. Ernest a young fellow.
Speaker 6: She used to come over and knights to play chess with me.
Speaker 1: See he's told you why, and my securities here for Tilly. The securities are registered. You know, I'd be hope to convert them.
Speaker 6: Maybe not, but I must have them back.
Speaker 3: And you've got to find those securities for me, mister Holmes. You've got to find them.
Speaker 1: And your wife has call and of course, of course wherever she is, say quite On the other hand, of Amberly, I consist, I don't see that I can.
Speaker 3: Get much service.
Speaker 1: It's a routine matter, and I'm sure that Scotland Guard would be only too not.
Speaker 6: A single security.
Speaker 5: Well, very well, very well, very well, we'll do our best.
Speaker 1: Doctor Wats will take a run down to your house at Fllluis to look over the ground.
Speaker 7: Yes, I'm expected to come yourself after my heavy financial loss. Nobody cares if an old mentor is broken to stop that brain. I'm not coming myself because I'm preoccupied with the case of the.
Speaker 5: Two Coptic patriarchs. This particular hit certn't seem to be very complicated. I'm sure that's the Ambulet. The doctor Watson can handle it as well as I could myself.
Speaker 3: Well that's the best that you can offer.
Speaker 7: Answer, it's best.
Speaker 2: That's what she was.
Speaker 3: And that young man that he picked popped, I think he did like my own son. Let the run of the house. And now look how they've treated me me.
Speaker 6: You'll never have the.
Speaker 3: Right to light.
Speaker 1: And now I'm good day's ramble.
Speaker 6: Oh yes, well, well, good day, mister Holmes.
Speaker 3: Nice expect doctor wats to this afternoon? Have my desk, I believe, Oh the epectives don't want.
Speaker 4: I must say home, sir, I like the way you shall go all this off onto mycoders, coptic patriarchs.
Speaker 3: Indeed, you just don't want to go.
Speaker 1: Like Watson right the very first time you've been digging for the case all to yourself a month.
Speaker 5: Well, here it is.
Speaker 3: This isn't a nice case. You've given me a muscle that old skins.
Speaker 1: Oh my daughter, oh my duckets say, with the emphasis on the duckets, I'm not mistaken. Oh oh, can't found that passage? Yeah ah, that's better that dash good. Hello steps on the stairs, Watson, if I'm not mistaken, and in a triumphant mood, hello home, Well I'm back, hell a conquering hero afternoon, I take it to the right of victory.
Speaker 4: You're right, well I.
Speaker 3: Did manage to dig up kill.
Speaker 1: How about mister Amberley, state of residence? What's it like?
Speaker 3: Well, it's called it to Haven.
Speaker 1: O charming, isn't it?
Speaker 3: I think the place of interest you are homes? You know that particular quarter of Monoughness.
Speaker 4: Brick Street, the worries, suburban highways. Well, right till the middle the lies this beautiful old home, surrounded by a high sun baked wall, bottled with lichens.
Speaker 1: And topped with moss, the sort of wall you may emit the purty once and I noted that it was a high brick wall.
Speaker 3: Mmm, what I should have guessed it was Behaven, even if I hadn't lost Alamo. Who's smoking our certain street?
Speaker 1: Elanjah, there's a cold dark the first man with a curious look in his eye, with great kindic glances, and the toomic typing quit Heaven. How do you know how to fool a child of tender seen to wrapped on the same I don't see, never mind continuing the story.
Speaker 4: I'd hardly entered the gateway before I saw Miss Tambley coming down the drive to beat this, he began at once, pouring.
Speaker 3: Out his grievances.
Speaker 1: He walked back to the house together and.
Speaker 3: Were once inside the wall. I must have I've never seen a place worth kept.
Speaker 4: Garden un to weeds in an a breathful neglect. The house, too, was slapping little to the last degree. He just goes to show what happened to her place, and there's.
Speaker 3: No woman in her hand about it to keep it in order.
Speaker 5: Yes, but misus Amberley has only been looking a few days.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 5: Time for so much disintegration to take place must have set in before she'll left.
Speaker 3: Possibly at any rate, Miss Dambery seemed to be ashamed of him. He's doing his best to remedy it, though I must admitted his efforts looked a trifle and effectual.
Speaker 7: What's to become of me?
Speaker 3: What's to become of me?
Speaker 6: My wife gone, most of my fortunes stolen? They all come in, doctor Watson, coming here. You see what remains of what? Do you think it called?
Speaker 2: My home?
Speaker 6: And then it's hold castle, so they say, But hope this is where the heart is in my heart? And look out after watching look out that would wait, Oh, look.
Speaker 3: At that look good? That I'm just paracos. Too bad.
Speaker 7: Here you almost getting that part of paper all the limit. Sorry, I should have left that part of pay in the package. I suppose that when one's alone in the house, run figure alone.
Speaker 3: Who you've been doing this?
Speaker 6: For doing yourself?
Speaker 7: I must try to extrange the occupation under the circumstances. No one must do something to HEAs eighteen half and step in here, Docter Watson. This is my study and I thank them, thanks, thank.
Speaker 3: Do you guess this painting would work in this room?
Speaker 7: Too?
Speaker 3: H there's no painting.
Speaker 6: It's not right. That's why I have a sire in here.
Speaker 3: No, let me see where did you keep your security in the.
Speaker 2: Safe in that wall?
Speaker 7: This brings really a strong room, I think for a man shut around the window and an arm door fang a proof.
Speaker 3: That's the irony of it.
Speaker 6: No seating about could have taken my money.
Speaker 3: But my wife, my own wife.
Speaker 7: That's a picture doctor working on the mantels taking in her wedding dressin room.
Speaker 3: I put, don't local sort. I'm not fighting great that there isn't nice. That is night. I brought two upscal seats that behave marsecur? What did he give it a treat I did, didn't? Did you go now?
Speaker 2: Last moment?
Speaker 6: Said she felt sick that he had a headache.
Speaker 4: She did.
Speaker 3: I believe it went alone.
Speaker 6: When I came back, it was gone.
Speaker 3: The safe was friend. What night was that?
Speaker 6: That was thirsty?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 7: Yes, unused money wasted? He was always wasted money. I have that ticket, hold on the par No what I.
Speaker 1: Want to get rid of it.
Speaker 3: I want to get rid of everything to remind me about. Yeah, give me that picture, I say, where the fire? She goes closer? May I told burning torment that pictures burning?
Speaker 1: Now one person Followay Watson, This case begins to look more stumble than I suspected it. If you could only have brought me that ticket, Watson, I did my.
Speaker 3: Best, Humbler.
Speaker 4: I may not have the ticket itself, but I did notice the number of the sea from Bravo.
Speaker 1: Watson.
Speaker 4: You happen to remember, as a matter of fact, because my place and form at school thirty one from the bottom.
Speaker 3: And so it's stuck in my head.
Speaker 1: Splendid old though then the amberless seat must have been thirty or thirty two.
Speaker 5: Jim me, hear me?
Speaker 1: Now, who can that be?
Speaker 3: Whoever it is? He hasted impatiently.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, here he comes up the stairs, steady running, Come in well, bless my celibate is narrow friend, our good friend, mister Ambley.
Speaker 5: What's up?
Speaker 3: I tell you, I, mister host, I shan't make anything up here. See to yourself.
Speaker 5: Come at once without fail.
Speaker 1: I can give you information as your recent last night Elman at the packarage suspatched the two tent from Little Purlington, Little Purlington and Essex. I believe not start in Clinton. You will start at once acause I wants to look up the train.
Speaker 3: And it's probably a hope.
Speaker 7: What could anyone in.
Speaker 6: Need with pudding?
Speaker 3: But I'm a very responsible person.
Speaker 1: Where's my craft?
Speaker 5: Yes, here it is.
Speaker 1: You'll look up for this minister of the gospel, e E E E Ellman Elman.
Speaker 5: Here it is, Yes, J. C.
Speaker 1: Elman, m A living of moss Moore.
Speaker 5: Little Purlington.
Speaker 6: Yes, but I still don't surely.
Speaker 1: Mister Ambley, you want to find your wife and your lost security.
Speaker 3: But once, of course, is a waste of time.
Speaker 7: Then money here we are here, here, we are.
Speaker 2: Here's a train from Liverpool Streets five twenty.
Speaker 1: Yes, just have time, mister Emily.
Speaker 5: You go downstairs and hill a camp.
Speaker 1: I'll help doctor Watson throw a few things in the bag.
Speaker 3: Do you think I need doctor Watson?
Speaker 6: But I better go alone.
Speaker 1: It may be a trap draw, we know, Dick. I shall go, mister Ambley.
Speaker 5: It would make the most possible impression.
Speaker 1: On book pleas and on myself if you refuse to us so obvious a cue. We should feel that you are not in earnest about this investigation.
Speaker 3: Very well, I'll go, Perhaps you'd be You've better go him home?
Speaker 1: What take your case, Watson, after the brilliant ways in which you handle it. No, no, no, no, no, go on with Rambley.
Speaker 5: You'll miss your train very well.
Speaker 1: But ye here you Watson, Yeah, yeah, here's your beg.
Speaker 3: It's packed.
Speaker 5: As you never know when you may be called off in a case like this, I packed it for you.
Speaker 1: I do think that quite now, whatever you do, see that he really does go to little Pullington. I again quite should you take away and try to return. Get to the nearest telegraph station and send me the single word bolted. I will arrange to have it reach me wherever I am.
Speaker 3: But you have something to look into it to sends there.
Speaker 1: I have, Watson. This case is beginning to take on a rather curious, sinister aspect. Above all, old man, take care of yourself and mister Amberley before we find the outcome of Watson's curious mission. Ladies and gentlemen, I have a few words to say. Here's what you want to do when you feel a cold coming on. Here's what you want to do with the very first sign of a cold. Take famous Blumo quinine cold tablet. Romo Quinine tablets.
Speaker 2: Don't fool, no sir. They get right after a cold symptom. They get right after a cold misery. They relieve a headache and other pains that go with a cold.
Speaker 1: They relieve that stuffiness and seeing of depression that it comes with a cold, they help reduce the fever that goes with a cold. Promo Quinine tablets are fast and decisive in their actions, first because they're made especially for the relief of the common cold, and secondly because they act internally.
Speaker 2: You can take lots of things for the.
Speaker 1: Relief of a cold, but nothing more reputable and reliable than famous bro Quinine tablet. At any drop store, at the first symptom of a toll, ask for Bromo b r O m O quinine q.
Speaker 2: U I n I any romo quinine cold tablet.
Speaker 1: Ooh, I confound this rain. Everything's just dark as a black hole.
Speaker 5: Accou cut the haven, sure, the little haven this is. I can find a window on latch, that's chance on.
Speaker 1: The first floor. The old boys to quarters o seven story window perhaps, and they managed to scale this portrait pillar, this confounded rain just to play the grease pole.
Speaker 7: Come on.
Speaker 5: There we are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's the window that been latched. Easy one foot over the sill up with your end up with him, thought I wouldn't see.
Speaker 3: You prowling around down below. Well I've caught you ready ended Nicemil goost chase.
Speaker 6: That turned out to be that pent the like hands is the fool.
Speaker 3: And sham Famin. If you'll call and see him, you can explains.
Speaker 7: Please play nothing that pickure. I've never seen that telegame before that when you treated us, you might have talking.
Speaker 3: With suspicious kedricers.
Speaker 7: Then missing the last train and having to sit up all night the confounded station with the rain dripping through the roof.
Speaker 3: He could have gone to the towel.
Speaker 1: Don't be no terble.
Speaker 3: That costs money. Indeed, here's your house in the terminaler. I think I'll go along home now and get some breakfast.
Speaker 1: You will not.
Speaker 6: You're gonna come into the house and see if everything's on.
Speaker 3: I look up there doing the work with the porch. It's open. Perhaps you left it like that to sluffish. I said, you don't have to look for this.
Speaker 6: Where's my where's my?
Speaker 2: Soon?
Speaker 7: Fight out?
Speaker 3: I say, he's gloom. Someone's been here right enough?
Speaker 6: Foot prints on the fresh pig?
Speaker 7: Are you finding?
Speaker 1: If I have to say, the place of trambler?
Speaker 3: We're here waiting for you with a study home?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 3: Did you get it here?
Speaker 1: In through the empt going upstairs window?
Speaker 3: That's fed very young man.
Speaker 5: Thettle has always been an alternate profession that I cared to.
Speaker 1: Adopt it, but I was glad I hadn't. When I walked into inspect to the strands gun last night, he thought I.
Speaker 5: Was a burglar too.
Speaker 3: But come, we're we're keeping him breaking.
Speaker 1: He's in the library. Tell me out of plants.
Speaker 5: I told you we could expect them back before to them.
Speaker 4: No, but look here, that's shortless Stars. That's the man I saw lowtering in front of the gate yesterday afternoon.
Speaker 3: The fellow of the Blackness Stars glasses right the.
Speaker 1: Strands, fugly imagines that's this guy.
Speaker 3: Oh no, look here, No, I'm too obvious.
Speaker 1: To anyone who took.
Speaker 3: This.
Speaker 7: I won't have two biggy buddies prowling around my house in the middle of the night and watch from mister Sherlock Holmes, I says, peck, you sent that telegram yourself.
Speaker 1: Very clever of you, mister Amberley, very clever, you trifle pale. I thought a knight in the country might mind I trying.
Speaker 3: To fool your taste for and have you put behind the bars all ye, suldy, not.
Speaker 1: Inspect for this glade. Why he's from Scotland, young, I don't tell.
Speaker 7: If it's the house and long no, no, no discrete breaking into my house in the middle of the night.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'll get you for bet. What were you doing in here last night? Answer me that.
Speaker 1: Looking for the bodies, Looking for the bodies, the bodies of your wife and doctor Ernest want to get under them?
Speaker 3: How scared you murder them?
Speaker 2: In this one?
Speaker 1: We have ample proof. Why stopping from stopping, it's gonna capture in his hand. It's poisi fow it no, no, no, no, no, family, If you please everything decently and in this proper place. Take him away with the stride.
Speaker 3: Right, come along now, no more monkeys all.
Speaker 5: See that?
Speaker 3: Oh bout ambler is a murderer. How did you find it out?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 6: The first club is the field to get it, which you didn't use.
Speaker 1: We can't let out that's destroyed, is all about it?
Speaker 5: Yes, see fear.
Speaker 3: The people assured us that there.
Speaker 1: Had been too empty sy not just one. The second clue was the smell of fresh paint. What are you trying to hide by there?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 5: He asphyxiated.
Speaker 1: His wife and doctor answered, this room, good heaven, his strong room, which was as near air tight as anything that human impostilate. But how well, that's what I wanted to find out. That's what I was looking for when I broke into the house last night.
Speaker 3: What did you find?
Speaker 5: Look here now is a gas pipe along.
Speaker 1: The skirting gear. It rises in the wall in the angle there, and ends in that plaster arose in the central proceiling, where it's concealed by that ornamentation, ends wide open.
Speaker 6: Oh how horrible.
Speaker 5: Then look here, look here the floor.
Speaker 3: What do you make out two words written on the wall? We were we then a little scull. We were What does that mean?
Speaker 1: The poor devil was trying to write we were murdered.
Speaker 3: I can see the whole ghastly scene.
Speaker 5: It was last Thursday night.
Speaker 1: Embiley had lured his wife and doctor Ernest into this room.
Speaker 3: Oh listen that wind, I wish it would laugh, and had.
Speaker 1: Stopped the bed in this room.
Speaker 3: Have a little dame in here, hey, doctor Ernest, and Judgest said Healy. Entertain the doctor while I go and look at.
Speaker 6: The chest and sid minute, doctor Ernest.
Speaker 3: Person, it is it o man.
Speaker 7: I closed the door, that said the draft pretty much coziered in here with the dark carried much cozier.
Speaker 1: He said, Wind only wouldn't howl feel so depressed that isthing terrible were going to happen.
Speaker 3: Nonsense, missus Embley. This house is getting on your nerves. Does any wonder he gets worse and worth Oh, doctor Nad, I'm so frightened.
Speaker 5: You must go away now.
Speaker 3: Don't be along, Sam.
Speaker 1: I've had your husband under observation sometimes I'm afraid he isn't quite normal.
Speaker 3: It isn't safe for you to stay here any longer. But doctor, don't you understand I can't leave.
Speaker 6: My husband knows what would happen if I left him alone. We could get a nurse to take care of him.
Speaker 3: You can't stay here with him.
Speaker 7: What was that.
Speaker 1: He was outside the door?
Speaker 6: Litt me?
Speaker 4: Doctor?
Speaker 1: Him is terrible. What can we do?
Speaker 7: You hear that it's the ca someone.
Speaker 1: Turned on the gether.
Speaker 3: I can sett out here.
Speaker 2: The door.
Speaker 3: Look, he's got the doll.
Speaker 4: To this.
Speaker 3: I am shutting, Emily, you realize what is me?
Speaker 1: He must have gotten mad.
Speaker 6: I'm afraid.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, that's what I was afraid of. Maniac? Oh, this is horrible? With who I want?
Speaker 1: Can we do it?
Speaker 7: I feel so? I cannot me here, lie down on.
Speaker 3: The floor, yes, bets it down here, it's no use.
Speaker 2: I can't see.
Speaker 3: They're awake up.
Speaker 1: I don't mind.
Speaker 2: Didn't work.
Speaker 3: I'm glad all right? Where this, Emily? This is Emily. Don't give out that I feel think too. I'm born people. He stands your time. I can't think. O, God, I can't believe.
Speaker 1: I can't think.
Speaker 2: What a tragic story.
Speaker 1: Doctor Watson was miss Tamberly and saying.
Speaker 3: In acided he was the end of his days in an asylum.
Speaker 2: Did they ever find the bodies?
Speaker 4: Yes, at the bottom of an old world opening which it is cleverly concealed by a dog.
Speaker 3: And I see now I'm.
Speaker 1: Afraid it's time to say goodbye, and not goodbye, doctor Watson.
Speaker 3: Just as you say, mister Manning.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 3: In conclusion, I want to thank you and our radio audiences who so patiently listen to the reminiscences of her of a sentimental old pull us.
Speaker 4: And I want to wish you all, old and young, extremely happy summer.
Speaker 1: Thank you, doctor Watson, Ladies and gentlemen, and just a woman. Dasil Rathbone would like to say a few words deal. But first may I give you a word of advice. Remember the danger of the so called common cold, Remember the secondness it can cause and the bills it can cause. Act promptly, decisively at the first sign of a code. Take famous bromo quime and tablet.
Speaker 2: Romo quinine.
Speaker 1: Tablets have a reputations, Their fame extends to all quarters of the group.
Speaker 2: Their merit is an assured fact.
Speaker 1: Reliability is the one thing you want in any medicine, especially the medicine for the relief of cold.
Speaker 2: Don't wait, don't procrastinate.
Speaker 1: When you feel a cold coming on, go write to your Druggists and get a box of bromo Quinine tablet.
Speaker 2: The small costs may save you a lot in grief and expense.
Speaker 1: I clearly for bromo Quinine cold tablet and now here's battle last, Ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 5: To me, Shilock Holmes has always been one of the greatest characters ever created.
Speaker 1: Tonight, as our present series ends, I'd like to thank our sponsor, the makers of bromo Quinine, for giving me the opportunity of playing homes on the air, especially with such an inspiled Dr Westners and.
Speaker 5: To Bruce.
Speaker 1: Speaking myself and mister Bruce, may I express our gratitude to.
Speaker 5: Our Radio Audio for the many letters of interest.
Speaker 1: And encouragement to be received. And finally a word of appreciation to all the performers and others concerned with this program will helped soy miserably making the Baker Street Days live again. And now until fall, it's time for me Tombesday.
Speaker 5: Re revoir and good luck.
Speaker 2: You have been listening to a Sherlock Holmes.
Speaker 1: Adventure adapted by Edith Miser from Saratha Colan Doyle's story The Retired Colorman with Basil Rathbomer, Sherlock Holmes and Niso Bruce and Doctor Wattson. A Sherlock Holmes series was produced by Tom mcnight. This program was presented from Hollywood by the makers of Bromo Crimeine Coal Tavists.
Speaker 2: Quick relief for Cole. This is not Manning's vacant.
Speaker 7: This is a national broadcasting company.