Speaker 1: One to one j R. Orlando's Rock Station. Happy Halloween, Devil's Child from Judas Priest Pat Lynch and Taco Bob. Good morning. It is not only Halloween, but it's a Thursday, which means tech news. And check it out, Taco, Let's check it out.
Speaker 2: I love how you're pumping in all the halloweensens.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, you can tie them to Halloween. Have a little fun this morning, right, it's our musical treats for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we get that in the morning and then the kids get the chocolatey treats tonight.
Speaker 1: Let's see what we got happening here. So a lot of the big tech companies are reporting their earnings this week, Meta and Google yesterday, big big profits. But despite that, the market plunged. What's going on here ahead of Amazon expected to announce their earnings today, Well, investors have a bit of concern that these big tech giants, even though they're still making gobs of money, or in a little too much pouring it into aii and maybe begetting a little too far ahead of themselves and may cut into the potential profits, which is what all Wall Street cares about.
Speaker 2: I knew you were gonna say, AI when you were building that up.
Speaker 1: Dude. I'm telling you as I prepare this segment every week and I go through a whole bunch of sources that I.
Speaker 2: Use, AI's everywhere.
Speaker 1: Eighty percent of the stories have to do with artificial intelligence.
Speaker 2: Talk to telling you, I've said it from the get go to the beginning of the end for us.
Speaker 1: More and more, I'm starting to align with your thinking on the can of worms that has just been opened or Pandora's box probably are more accurate.
Speaker 2: And the problem is it's been open for long enough to where it's just gonna.
Speaker 1: Get They're just scratching the surface of this, just scratching the Sas the new CEO of Starbucks, Brian Nicol was on his first earnings call this week, and he did tailed one of the first things he plans to do as being the new guy in charge. Now. I can't speak to this personally because I don't drink coffee, neither does taco, but I know a lot of you do, and a lot of you probably stopped by Starbucks and utilize their ordering app.
Speaker 2: I used to drink coffee, never Starbucks, I.
Speaker 1: Know, so the ordering app with Starbucks, I guess isn't all it's cracked up to be, and at times it well, it causes chaos, at least according to the Starbucks CEO, and he says that's gonna be one of his first orders of business is to bring order to mobile ordering, which I guess he's not real happy with how it's being executed right now, as are some of the customers. I heard that.
Speaker 2: This new dude is gonna bring a lot of Starbucks back to what it was from the get go, because I think I don't quote me on this bits and pieces Bobby here, I believe they said, hey, it's just getting too expensive. It's we want to do what the customers want.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of these retailers that sell food and beverage now are the first ones really starting to get the message that hey, hello, we're hurting out here. You worry about your consumers. Without us, you don't have anything. So we'll see. I'm wishing well. The streaming TV industry is snooping on us on a grand scale. This according to a new forty eight forty eight page report release this week. Just get in line, everybody is although, dude, you're smart TVs right now, there's a reason they call them smart TVs. They literally, if you let them, can find out everything about us. Sure, I'm not going to get into the weeds with this. I will tell you this though, If you are somewhat even just a little tech savvy, you can cut down on how much which information is spit out about you to these various streamers that you utilize apps to watch so much content. By getting into your settings in your TV and turning some stuff off that's on by default, that gives them the green light to scoop up and use all of our information.
Speaker 2: My TV's gonna look at my background and say this, dude watches cooking shows and below deck well and that industry show you turned me on too. Wow, that's a heavy hitter.
Speaker 1: They're not so much concerned with what you're watching, but what your habits are so they can market to you.
Speaker 2: That's all I know.
Speaker 1: So just know that if you want to drill down here and try to cut off some of this info that's flowing freely by default in the settings, you can do so. You're not gonna be able to eliminate all of the info being put out there.
Speaker 2: But again, pat get in line. Every other company has been doing this with When you're you're online, you search a rental car. Okay, Now rental cars pop up every time you open a phone or the computer.
Speaker 1: Robert Downey Junior has declared, speaking of AI Taco, that he will sue any future Hollywood executives who try to recreate his likeness using AI digital replicas, even after he's dead.
Speaker 2: How are you gonna do that?
Speaker 1: That's what AI is capable of doing. All all AI needs is a sample or several samples of whatever.
Speaker 2: To I'm familiar, I meant, how is he going to sue when he's dead.
Speaker 1: He's paying his current legal representation to keep a monitor on this stuff, and the second anything goes that way, sue them and give the benefits to my surviving family.
Speaker 2: R DJ man not to be confused. That's Robert Downey Janner. Not to be confused with rj D. Go ahead, Ronnie James Deal, thank you, rest in peace. You have a hologram or a holograph.
Speaker 1: Comcast and Charter are suing the Federal Trade Commission over efforts to make canceling services easier. Now, I told you about this weeks ago, that there's some new regulations in place that literally are supposed to make canceling streaming and video and cable and all that one click away from being able to do that without getting sent into some voicemail hell loop and Well. The companies are suing, claiming the new roles are arbitrary, erroneous, capricious, and abuse of the industry's existing authority. The Interactive Advertising Bureau, with members ranging from Disney to Google, have also joined the lawsuit. May God forbid we cancel anything and make it easy.
Speaker 2: I'm all about canceling. You know your subscriptions, Just don't cancel. Culture and People, speaking of some of these big content companies Netflix, Disney, Comcast, Google, Warner Brothers, Discovery, and Paramount. By the time this year's over will have spent a combined one hundred and twenty six billion dollars on producing and acquiring content for their various platforms. One hundred and twenty six billion dollars. They're putting out some good shows though.
Speaker 1: Well there's good stuff, but there's an awful lot of junk too. They what their move has been is you throw everything against the wall.
Speaker 2: If it's sticks right, keep going with it right, that'll pay off. The three turns.
Speaker 1: The Department of Justice is supporting the injunction that is against Disney, Fox and Warner Brothers, that joint streaming sports streaming service that was called Venue that was supposed to launch back in August. Remember, Fubo got the emergency injunction to prevent that app from coming to mary Well. Now the Department of Justice's Anti Trust Division is preparing an amicust brief in support of the judge's recent decision to slap Venue with that temporary injunction. So now you've got the government getting involved in this thing. Hey, we're with the judge as well. We think that if that app comes to market, it will create an unfair competition atmosphere. So will Venue ever see it a light of day for sports fans? Not anytime soon, at least it looks that way. If you notice, if you use Google Chrome as your browser, you'll see an update is available. I wanted to point out one of the new features you might find helpful. It will now alert you to which open tabs are hogging up all of your memory and slowing down your usage. That's good, so you know if that's something you want to have active or not that you might find that have you done that before you got However, many tabs open, you go, why is this thing so aslow? Well, one of those or two of those might be using up all of your computer's resources. The Chrome browser will now alert you to which one so you can shut them off.
Speaker 2: And think about it. That also goes with your phone when you're online on your phone. Yeah, the same thing, when it's burning up your battery because you know so much stuff's getting eaten.
Speaker 1: Google Chrome browser specifically here, which we're talking about, which whether it's your device being a phone or your home computer or whatever. Yeah, and this is kind of comical as well. Russia has find Google an incredible amount of money, a fine of two undecillion rubles. That's approximately this many in US dollars. I don't know what that number is, taco. I don't think I've ever seen that many zeros before.
Speaker 2: Okay, so that's like twenty gajillion.
Speaker 1: So Russia has find Google. Why well, they say it's all about restrictions that Google has placed on Russian media channels on YouTube. They just just won't host some of these things because it's propaganda. So Russia has just decided to find Google that good luck collecting it By the way, whatever that number is with all those zeros, it's a ludicrous amount of money. It's about two hundred trillion times the current estimated amount of liquid monetary value in all currencies from all countries currently in circulation on the planets.
Speaker 2: Just to let the listeners know how many zeros this is that ballpark, it's got to be twenty five zero.
Speaker 1: Twenty something zeros? Yeah, three six an Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's a two and about twenty something zeros is what they're doing Google.
Speaker 1: For two undecillion rubles.
Speaker 2: That's an air putin. I'm no, I'm not even gonna mess with that guy. He'll get on his horseback watching you through through his TV. Your TV Linchin Tago on demand. Tell loady, I heard you at