Speaker 1: This is the JB and Sandy Show podcast. You can listen live every morning on one of three point one in Austin, or stream the show on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Something you need to think about when you're good, especially this time of year when you're going through TSA at the airport. Trisa's going to tell you about it in just a sec. Thanks for being with us. It's the JB and Sandy Show. I'm Sandy, this is JB. Hey, Chris is here too. Hi.
Speaker 3: Everybody, don't forget that.
Speaker 2: You can text us anytime at seven three seven three zero one ninety six hundred. We got super excited earlier in the show because man, are we going TikTok crazy? We got twenty four followers on TikTok. That's right, we're growing, We're growing. You can follow us there at JB Sandy atx same thing on Instagram, and if you want to follow us on Facebook, you do that too.
Speaker 3: It is the JB and Sandy Morning Show, so check that out.
Speaker 2: There was something that I was going to bring up before Trisa told us about this TSA thing that I cannot remember what it is, but I'll skip that. We'll get right into it. If you're heading to the airport, you don't want to be sweaty, right, No.
Speaker 4: Any excessive sweaty spots on your body can get you flagged at TSA and they will pull you out to do an extra pat down.
Speaker 5: Excuse me, oh, because you appear nervous.
Speaker 4: Because you appear nervous, but also because those machines that you go through. It has something to do with how the wave technology bounces off of water. You know, you're not supposed to take certain types of liquids or amounts of liquids on planes, but.
Speaker 5: By the time you walk into the airport and this time of year in Austin, you're gonna be sweaty. Yep, sure are yep.
Speaker 4: One woman is going viral on Reddit because she said she had swamp crotch at the airport and they flagged her, pulled her out, and padded down her groin because it was excessively sweaty.
Speaker 2: Right man, we need to come over here for secondary screening.
Speaker 3: Could I ask why you got you got the.
Speaker 4: Swamp crotch kind of ratching down there, she said, happen at two different airports, same groin area issue.
Speaker 3: How disgusting is that?
Speaker 2: I mean, now, what did she walk to the airport?
Speaker 3: Does she ride her bicycle to the airport?
Speaker 4: But I mean, you got a bunch of pit stains. They're going to pull you out. The machine's gonna flag you. You just excessively sweaty, and as a TSA person, if I work for them, that's the last person I want to do an extra pat down on your sweaty guy.
Speaker 5: Man, I have to get some use the gold bond before you go.
Speaker 3: No kidding, I didn't.
Speaker 4: I've had those all over body and a purseprints. Now I guess you have to bathe in that.
Speaker 3: Here's some information.
Speaker 2: You know, we've all we've kind of been wondering what's going on at the airport. So I did a quick search and asked if A. B I A was expanding. We know it is. But here's the deal. A new concourse in Halls, which is a one billion dollar twenty eight concourse. It will be Concourse B and an eight hundred and twenty eight hundred and twenty million dollar arrivals and departure hall are under construction to boost capacity, with the completion targeted for early twenty thirties. So you got five years for that. Now next year theyre call it the West Infill Project. This project adds seventy five thousand square feet across four levels, and we'll expand Checkpoint three from two to eight lanes, and that's going to open next year in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 3: So that's good.
Speaker 2: I mean going through TSA, going from two lanes to eight lanes is going to help out quite a bit. Like the one that we currently have. If you go to the airport and go left all the way to the end, that's the biggest one of them.
Speaker 5: So the airport, do you guys, do you have your TSA pre checks? I got clear? Well, yeah, yeah, okay. I was wondering about that because it's I'm starting I think we've gotten to a point where everyone has TSA pre and it's not an advantage anymore.
Speaker 4: When I said, I get in the TSA pre check line and it's just as long as the regular line.
Speaker 5: Center does move faster because you're not taking your computer out, taking your shoes off and stuff like that. But I'm like, this doesn't work. It's tempting to get that clear thing. My wife has it, and it goes faster. Yeah, clear.
Speaker 2: Someting it depends like sometimes TSA is faster than Clear.
Speaker 3: You know, it just depends on when you go, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: But the thing about Clear that's great is maybe it isn't TSA too. You don't have to take your shoes off, you don't have to take your belt off, your laptop doesn't have to come out, all that little things that just eat up a bunch of time. Can I send a public service announcement to any of our fellow travelers out there when you're going through TSA and you're sitting there waiting for your for your bucket of stuff to come through. When you when it comes out, lift it up, take it off and move.
Speaker 5: Don't get dressed, don't get dressed, putting your watch on, putting your belt.
Speaker 2: On right there, Yeah, don't get dressed again right there at the belt take it move. They've got benches for you to sit down. Get out of people's way, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I mean. Those are the same people.
Speaker 2: That stand right next to the to the baggage where you get your baggage claim.
Speaker 3: How is how is that.
Speaker 5: Not common knowledge that if everyone stood back and when you see your bag you approach, your bag is not on there. You don't go nearest.
Speaker 4: I get angry, like irrationally angry, and I mouthed loudly when I'm waiting for my bags, hoping that the people who are crowding the baggage caresel cure me and feel stupid.
Speaker 3: I feel that.
Speaker 5: Way every time, every time I come back into Austin. I said, I'm like, looking at all of these bone heads. Yeah, just knees up against the thing, and Barber Jordan's going up a baunch of clown.
Speaker 2: I was just gonna say that, I go over there and talk to Barbara. Go Barbara, can you believe that super these people are? And She's like, honey, on now, I've seen it all. I've seen it all. I've seeing it all.
Speaker 4: Can we go back to Clear for a second, Sandy, did you see JB? How his eyes lit up when you mentioned Clear? I think JB wants or Sandy wants to marry Clear. He's got it. He loves it so much, keeps trying to talk me into getting it. But we were on a trip last December and we had to spend the night at in Pittsburgh. We're at the Pittsburgh airport the next morning trying to catch our flight.
Speaker 5: Sandy had Clear.
Speaker 4: My TSA pre check had lapsed and our daughter had to stay with me. We had to get in a line that took like an hour and fifteen minutes to get through. Sandy leaves us, goes through Clear five minutes later, He's like at the gate, drink some coffee, got some breakfast.
Speaker 5: I get to you.
Speaker 4: He would have gotten on that plane and left with that as had if we had that made caid. Yeah, I should take it to be all excited about Clear.
Speaker 3: She took care of your business.
Speaker 5: How much do you know offhand? I think I had it like one year and I let it lapse. It was like three hundred a years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, something like that.
Speaker 5: It's not cheap. Yeah, that's another just another thing, another subscription. Man.
Speaker 4: Can we also please ask all of the airports in the United States to have the same rules when you're going through, Like sometimes you do take off your shoes, sometimes you do right, sometimes you do. They make me feel like I've just hatched and never traveled on an airplane before because I have no idea what to do and they're very yelly.
Speaker 2: Jew To answer your question, Clear Plus, which expedites identity verification for one hundred ninety nine bucks a year for an individual membership. You can add up to three adult family members or friends to your account for one hundred and nineteen dollars, so your kids under eighteen can use clear Lane for free when accompanied by a member.
Speaker 3: So there you go. It's funny.
Speaker 5: Before I had TSA pre uh, and we would travel a lot. My daughter, you know, was doing wakesap competitions all over the country starting at age ten. And I guess because of her age, she was automatically TSA pre and we didn't have it, and she she'd go, I got TSA pre see ten years old? Ten years old? Without you made me think. She's like, She's like, I'll meet you at the gate. Did you just go good? She'd go to the gift shop and you know, get some stuff. Ya. Line, we're stuck in line. And she's just always been comfortable in airports. And I was like, well, I mean, how much once you're on the other side, how much trouble can you get in in an airport?
Speaker 3: Right? True? Right? Yeah?
Speaker 5: But yeah, she would just bolt from us.
Speaker 3: Christia is worthless in an airport, is she really is?
Speaker 5: It depends on who I'm with.
Speaker 3: It is unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Because the airport is the most signed place in the world.
Speaker 5: Too much information.
Speaker 2: Then everywhere to tell you where it's where. And Tricia gets in there and it's like she's never been to an airport before.
Speaker 4: So much information, it's so many options.
Speaker 5: I hate it, right, I just like, I mean, I think the only thing that's hard to decipher is like where you get the right share services at something? That's true? Where am I supposed to go to find the right shoah?
Speaker 3: That's and in Austin you got to walk all the way over to.
Speaker 5: The That is the dumbest thing out in the rental place. Yeah, I yeah, if you're anyone who's in charge of that with Abia that it was a dumb move, because I hear it from people who come visit. They're like, your right share pickup? What the hell you know? And if you have a lot of bags, that is a long drag? It is It is like, why do we not have on the second level a people mover just straight across right?
Speaker 3: You know? Yeah, exactly, I'm with you. It's bad.
Speaker 2: They should have asked us these questions before they built that damn thing.
Speaker 5: Somebody ever asked.
Speaker 2: Join us again tomorrow seven till eight o'clock for the Jbi and Sandy Show. Hey, thank you very much for listening. Make sure you listen to the radio every morning to six until ten on Austin's eighty station one O three point one