Speaker 1: When you are ready to double down, dive in, try for a show.
Speaker 2: And not look back.
Speaker 1: Yes, roll into Pearl River rezut from tea times to table games, water slides by day, slots by night. Savor the flavors, feel the fun with big Let's roll into Pearl River Resort. Must be twenty what or older to play gambling problem called one Hunter Kimbler.
Speaker 3: Hey everyone, this is Jack Fairshad's the Right Side radio program and license reviewed, and I want to talk to you for a second about my pillow. My pillow is quite simply the finest pillow on the market. My pillows patented interlocking fills adjust to your individual sleep needs regardless of sleeping position. This innovative field then holds that position all night, helping you fall asleep faster, stay asleep longer. The founder and owner of Mine Pillow, Mike Lindell, personally guarantees that my pillow will be the most comfortable pillow you'll ever own. And I'll add my own guarantee as well. And right now you can get up to eighty percent off of all My Pillow products, including bed sheets, slippers, towels, down comforters, mattress toppers, even coffee when you go to MyPillow dot com and enter the special promo code Midnight Ride no space in between Midnight and Ride and remember enter the promo code m D Night r ID and save big while getting the best night's sleep you've ever had. This show is a part of the Midnight Right Network.
Speaker 4: Hell, Sam, what's your name?
Speaker 5: Has a talent?
Speaker 6: Is this?
Speaker 3: Had a statue?
Speaker 4: Every started shake.
Speaker 7: In aface and an eagle will flow, Tennis.
Speaker 3: Gonna be he win you him the freedom starting a feel and it'll be who like the whole man is.
Speaker 2: Raining down.
Speaker 8: Broughty Courtesy and.
Speaker 9: W liberals be worn.
Speaker 10: Your viewpoints will be subjected to straight scrutiny.
Speaker 2: You're listening to right side Radio.
Speaker 6: It's like to click my eyes and been blown wide off.
Speaker 10: We have come together here because the American people deserve better from those to whom they entrust our nation's highest offices.
Speaker 11: We stand united in our resolved to do something about.
Speaker 10: It, which, whether we like it or not, spell study you and I have a rendezvous with destiny.
Speaker 11: Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem. The nine most terrifying words in the English language are I'm from the government and I'm here to help.
Speaker 12: You tuned in to right Side Radio.
Speaker 3: A right, guys, you have founded. It is the Right Side Radio Show's very Right Side Christmas episode. It is here for the twenty twenty five edition. I am your host, Jack Fairchilds. And before we carry on, as always, we ask that you like and subscribe to The Right Side Radio Show on your podcatcher of choice. Remember we're on Apple Podcast, iHeartRadio, Spotify, Spreaker, Amazon Music, and so many more. So make sure you click that subscribe button. That way, you'll never miss a single episode of the Right Side Radio Show. This also will be our final episode for twenty twenty five. You know, we're not doing any morning coffees until after the first of the new year. Even if I courting episode next week, it probably won't be until after the first. Well now, it definitely won't be until after the first. So this is the last episode of twenty twenty five. What a year it's been. It's been for me personally. It was a year of career change, of joining the newspaper here, the Laurel Leader Call and finding new family members. It's truly been a blessing to be a part of that organization. Making such great and memorable and meaningful friends.
Speaker 7: Like I have.
Speaker 3: You know, it's a Jim really has put together something special there at the newspaper and I am very very happy to be a part of it. So I'm excited to be a reporter. And you know, there have definitely been some interesting moments throughout this year. I am truly blessed. I truly am also we are just we just had the annual Merry Christmas turkey giveaway again this past Saturday and it went off very very well. We gave away one hundred and fifty turkeys. Unfortunately, because Chris was still dealing with stuff with his mother, who has been released from the hospital, but he was still dealing with stuff for that so he was not able to attend. But both of his boys, Cambridge and Chamberlain, stepped up. Cambridge did a lot of the media stuff this year, you know, didn't need me there to do it. He was able to fill in a lot of that stuff himself. Very very proud of what Cambridge was able to do. In Chamberlain as well. It's a special special event. Big thank you to the volunteers, you know, all the way down from our friend Don Hardness Gerald Wade who drove and got the turkeys, Richard Conrad, Bobby Mitchell and his group. There are so many people that showed up. Sonny Jones is a new one who showed up this year to assist. There are too many for me to name. I mean, it's just people who show up and want to give back to the community. It's a special special events for sure. So I was pretty excited to be able to be there and get this done. Now, what's going to follow after this introduction bit is going to be the pretty much is going to be the twenty twenty four Christmas Special. Pretty Much. I did not have time to tweak anything or change it around, but I did really like what we did with last year's Christmas Special. And if you're new to the Christmas Special show, you'll hear audio clips from famous Christmas movies. You'll hear a couple of maybe Christmas Special audio clips, maybe a Paul Harvey thing or two. It's really something I enjoy putting together. When we used to be on terrestrial radio, we used to just play nothing but Christmas, traditional Christmas theme songs. Podcasting, you got to be a little bit more careful with that. There will be maybe one or two that sneak in, but we're not going to do an entire music show for fear of copyright strikes. But we can't get away with clips and stuff like that. And I think that based on the feedback I've gotten over the years, people really really enjoy a very right side Christmas. So this year, hopefully next year, I'll be more adjusted to things, I'll be able to get an earlier start on this and I can give you an updated version. But what's going to follow is going to be what was recorded in twenty twenty four. So I'm just going to let that roll. But I can introduce the first clip because the first clip is one of my favorite Christmas clips and it comes from a Charlie Brown Christmas special. It's when Linus tells Charlie Brown the meaning of Christmas and he goes into the Biblical scripture. This is something you wouldn't see on a modern Christmas special. They would not go into the scripture, and I think that's why this is so special to me. I think that's why every year I want to include it because it just really and truly is a throwback, and it's something that I think most America would love to see make a comeback one day. So here it is Linus telling Charlie Brown the Christmas story.
Speaker 13: They're hopeless, Charlie Brown, completely hopeless.
Speaker 11: Rats.
Speaker 13: You've been done before, Charlie Brown, but this time you really did it, not at truth. I guess you are right, Linus. I shouldn't have picked this little tree.
Speaker 14: Everything I do turns into a disaster. I guess I really don't know what Christmas is all about. Isn't there anyone who knows what Christmas is all about?
Speaker 13: True, Charlie Brown, I can tell you what Christmas is all about.
Speaker 2: Lights, please.
Speaker 13: And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And lo, the Angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shall round about them. And they were sore afraid, and the Angel set unto them fear not. For behold, I bring you tidings of great joy which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the City of David. A savior is Christ the Lord.
Speaker 15: And this shall be a sign.
Speaker 2: Unto you.
Speaker 13: You shall find the Babe, wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger, and suddenly there was with the Angel a multitude of the heavenly host, praising God and saying glory to God in the highest and on earth, peace goodwill toward men.
Speaker 3: Again, just one of the best parts.
Speaker 13: Of Christmas is thought about Charlie Brown.
Speaker 3: I thought the clip was over, so I'm sorry, Linus, but one of the best parts of that special is Linus reading the Christmas Story, and it's just it's again. In those days, it wasn't shocking or surprising to hear someone reading scripture. But sadly, nowadays you don't expect to find that on network television. You don't expect to find something that wholesome anymore. I missed those days, and I really would love to see us return this nation return to its Christian roots. I don't think we're too far gone to go back there, but it's going to take a lot of us being willing to make sacrifices that we don't necessarily like, like maybe talking to people about our faith in ways that we haven't done in the past. So again, that's why I love sharing that, because again, Linus, the innocence of a child, but understanding the magnitude and the importance of the true Christmas story. And while this show is going to be mostly non political, there is a radio bit from nineteen sixty five that I didn't play it last year, I don't believe during the Christmas special, but I wanted to bring it back this year because legendary radio host Paul Harvey. He had a bit in nineteen sixty five that I think you can see some of the warnings he put out here in this You can see them coming through today, and I think it's worth everyone, especially those of you have never heard his If I was the Devil again, this was recorded in nineteen six five, but when you listen to it you can understand why it is so very relevant today.
Speaker 16: I were the devil. If I were the devil, if I were the Prince of Darkness, I'd want to engulf the whole world in darkness, and I'd have a third of its real estate and four fifths of its population. But I wouldn't be happy until I have seized the ripest apple on the tree the So I'd set about however necessary to take over the United States. I'd subvert the churches. First. I'd begin with a campaign of whispers with the wisdom of a serpent. I would whisper to you as I whispered to Eve, do as you please. To the young, I would whisper that the Bible is a myth. I would convince them that man created God instead of the other way around. I would confide that what's bad is good and what's good is square, and the old I would teach to pray after me, which aren't in Washington, and then I'd get organized. I'd educate authors in how to make lowrid literature exciting, so that anything else would appear dull and uninteresting. I'd threaten TV with dirtier movies, and vice versa. I'd peddle narcotics to whom I could. I'd sell alcohol to ladies and gentlemen of distinction. I'd tranquilize the rest with pills. If I were the Devil, I'd soon have families at war with themselves, churches at war with themselves, and nations at war with themselves until each in its turn was consumed, and with promises of higher ratings, I'd have mesmerizing media fanning the flames. If I were the Devil, I would encourage schools to refine young intellects but neglect to discipline emotions, just let those run wild until before you knew it. You'd have to have drug sniffing dogs and metal detectors at every schoolhouse door. Within a decade, i'd have prisons overflowing. I'd have judges promoting pornography. Soon I could evict God from the courthouse, then from the schoolhouse, and then from the houses of Congress and in his own churches. I would substitute psychology for religion and deify science. I would lure priests and pastors into misusing boys and girls and church money. If I were the devil, I'd make the symbol of Easter an egg, and the symbol of Christmas a bottle. If I were the devil, I'd take from those who have and give to those who wanted. Until I had killed the incentive of the ambitious, And what will you bet? I couldn't get whole states to promote gambling as the way to get rich.
Speaker 2: I would caution.
Speaker 16: Against extremes in hard work, in patriotism, in moral conduct. I would convince the young that marriage is old fashioned, that swinging is more fun, that what you see on TV is the way to be.
Speaker 2: And thus I.
Speaker 16: Could address you in public, and I could lure you into bed with diseases for which there is no cure. In other words, if I were the devil, I just keep right on doing what he's doing. Paul Harvey, good day.
Speaker 3: Pre eye opening, especially when you think about that being recorded in nineteen sixty five, and you definitely can see a lot of that has come to pass. And it's even worse when you factor in some of the elements that even Paul Harvey couldn't have imagined that are socially acceptable nowadays. So yes, I do think that it's very much worth replaying that bit of radio from nineteen sixty five because it's a reminder. It's a reminder of why the speech that that we played from a Charlie Brown Christmas special, that the character Linus gave on the Christmas Story is important because we have a power, we have an opportunity to fight back against a lot of this, but it's going to take us having to show our faith a little bit more than I think some of us are comfortable doing. We're going to have to show our fate where we may have to witness to people every now and then. That's the way how we fight back about against the devil in whatever form he's taking. Now I'm going to switch gears because one of the things that when I used to do a Christmas episode back on terrestrial radio, I used to play all kinds of Christmas music. I don't do that as much on here, but during Christmas there are a couple of songs that I still like to play, and one is for my mother because she uh, she has a personal favorite Christmas song and yes, my mother does listen to my shows. So Mom, this one, as always is for you.
Speaker 17: Hullo Christmas, who we love.
Speaker 2: You'll be so blo does thinking.
Speaker 4: Love you.
Speaker 17: Echo shuns over it.
Speaker 18: On a green Christmas tree?
Speaker 19: Oh would be the same.
Speaker 18: If you love you mm hm.
Speaker 2: When those blue.
Speaker 18: Snowfully start falling, that's when those blue mel breeze start they calling.
Speaker 4: You will be to.
Speaker 18: When area with your gris s mother, but have a blue blue blue blue Christmas. You'll be do win all.
Speaker 4: With your brether.
Speaker 18: E a blue blue blue blue.
Speaker 3: And now that we're having a little bit of fun, that was King of Rock and Roll Elvis Presley's Blue Christmas Let's uh. One of the things that, of course and I did this last year and I love it so much because one of the things that I myself and I think a lot of people enjoy or Christmas movies during the Christmas season, and of course Christmas movies are I prefer classics, not necessarily the generic hallmart one that if you've seen one, it's the same plot every time. So I went online and I found different clips with different sound bites from various Christmas movies. So I'm gonna I'm gonna play this one for you, guys.
Speaker 8: Santa's coming into.
Speaker 20: Oh my God, that says Christmas the season of perpetual humps, not just for decoration.
Speaker 8: Look what you give your little jerk.
Speaker 2: If you look for it.
Speaker 16: I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around.
Speaker 21: This is a full blown four alarm holiday emergency.
Speaker 8: Here.
Speaker 21: We're gonna press on and we're gonna have the happiest Christmas Sin Spin Crosby tap dance with Danny and Kay. And when Santa pleases, is fat White down that Jimney Knight. He's gonna find the jolliest bunch of foles this side of the nuthouse.
Speaker 10: God, and I think you're beautiful, and I feel really warm when I am around you, and.
Speaker 2: My tongue swells up. Okay, so do you want to go eat food?
Speaker 19: Hoppy lid and my bingles hop bed.
Speaker 2: In my shoes.
Speaker 3: Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things.
Speaker 2: We can't see dreaming love.
Speaker 21: Christmas, it's Christmas Eve, It's it's the one night of the year when we all that's a little nicer.
Speaker 8: We we we smile a little.
Speaker 1: Lasier, we we we we chare a little more.
Speaker 9: I want an official water recovering action. Do you want to join as weller?
Speaker 12: You're a twelve hundred year old elf.
Speaker 16: We're pretty good.
Speaker 2: For your age. Thanks.
Speaker 14: Thanks seeing someone in wrapping?
Speaker 8: Why are you smiling like that? I just like to smile.
Speaker 12: Smiling is my favorite.
Speaker 14: I can't seem to find our tooth blush, so I'll pick one up when I go out today, losing that I'm a good shape.
Speaker 22: Okay, Daddy, that's true.
Speaker 2: Let's go get the kicked out of us by yes.
Speaker 23: Oh, the side of majesty of a winter's morn, the clean, cool chill of the holiday airs all in his bathrobe and being a chemical toilet into my sewerday.
Speaker 4: Look, baddy, pature this every time up bil Ring. I mean you'll get his wings.
Speaker 13: It's good night, Kevin, good night Kevin.
Speaker 15: It came without ribbons, It came without dig.
Speaker 24: It came without pockets.
Speaker 12: Boxes are back.
Speaker 2: Maybe Christmas, he thought, don't come from a stall. Maybe Christmas? Perhaps, I mean you tauld to look look at the more. Come out to the coast. We'll get together. Have a few lefts.
Speaker 4: Rude off the red nose Rain.
Speaker 17: I had a bear shining nos.
Speaker 5: And you have so.
Speaker 15: You already even say glows.
Speaker 12: All of be the.
Speaker 4: Range used to live.
Speaker 14: We call him name.
Speaker 2: They never left rude off John.
Speaker 17: And any raindeer games, and one called your Christmas eve.
Speaker 4: Oh Santa came to say, chill yelteam.
Speaker 6: Me high.
Speaker 4: Sure please square.
Speaker 17: Snow man see.
Speaker 4: Chill yelteam may high sure police square slave Bel's name.
Speaker 3: There you go, folks. And again the sound bites there from the different Christmas movies. How many of those sound bites were familiar to you? How many could you name? I could name I think all of them, because I think I placed every single one. That last one, there's some debate about whether or not it's Christmas movie. And of course after the clips ran that was a silly little bit that I found online. Apparently there is an AI generator where you can take different songs and singers and you can send me so No, the band Creed did not record an actual version of Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer to the tune of one of their songs. No, that's a AI creation that When I saw it, I was like, I'm gonna make that one in this year, because again, I like to have a couple of new things. I mean, if everything's always the stuff you've already heard, it's not a new Christmas special, it's still more of the same. And that's something I try to not necessarily, do you know. I want to I want things to feel different every year, because again I understand that there are a lot of you out there. If you're like me, you're going to be traveling by yourself. I've got an eight hour drive ahead of me to go see my mother and family in Gainesville, Florida, which, again, if you know anything about the road from where I'm at to Gainesville, there is a stretch from Pensacola all the way pretty much to when you turn down the turnpike that it's just boring. Now when you get to Tallassee, you get a moment of reprieve, but it's more something that lulls you into a false sense that hey, I'm getting close, and you really aren't close. Get to that turn. It's just a long, straight, boring road and it's again, while I look forward to seeing family, eye never look forward to that drive because it's just it's a long drive, and especially in that stretch. But it'll be worth it when I get there. It'll be worth it when I arrive at my mother's home and I can see them again and we can enjoy Christmas. If you're somebody that's traveling with a family, then maybe putting on something like a very right side Christmas is something that you can look forward to. It's something you can share with folks and say, hey, you know, he's playing some decent messages here for us this Christmas season. He's reminding us of why Christmas is important. Yes, Christmas is very much about family. Christmas is very much about the spirit of giving. But we always, as I started out the program, we always have to remember that we are celebrating the birth of Christ. There's so many people out there nowadays that want to push Christmas to a side. You've got schools out there that celebrate winter breaks. Now, nobody in their right mind is celebrating winter. Trust me, when we were out there giving out those turkeys and it was thirty degrees when we first got out there, none of us were happy that it was winter. We were wishing for a warmer day for sure. Now it was still worth it, don't get me wrong, but yes, winter is not what we are celebrating, regardless of what your school's telling you, regardless of what your teacher's forced to regurgitate to you by the school district because they're too cowardly to actually allow them to say the word Christmas. When I was a kid, we got Christmas break, We celebrated Christmas, We traded gifts in class. Now, sure there was maybe one two kids who didn't participate, but nobody made fun of them.
Speaker 2: It was okay.
Speaker 3: It was just understood that this one is not going to participate. And that's the way it used to be. The small minority did not ruin the fund and the joy for the rest of us. It was better back then. All this trying to spare everyone's feelings stuff that they continue to do when it comes to all this forced diversity that they shove down our throat. All it's doing is denying the vast majority of people. But it's been done intentionally. You know that it's been done intentionally. You heard Paul Harvey's words that I played at the start of the show. You heard his warning. That's exactly what they're doing today. And that's why we have to push back, and we have to remind our children. No, you're not a winter break on Christmas break. That's why we're going to see Grandma. That's why we're going to see Grandpa. We are going to get together to celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. And I think that that's okay to say. I know that there are some out there that may not like that. Well, tough, you don't have to celebrate, You don't have to be a part of the Christmas celebration with us. We're okay if you don't want to celebrate Christmas. We're gonna pause right here for a quick commercial break. When we come back, we'll have more of this very right side Christmas twenty twenty four episode for you guys. We'll have another bit of movie clips for you to try to see how much how many of them you can name. And yes, some of them will probably be similar, which you've just heard in that other one, but some will be different. Guss, this is the right Side Radio program. We'll be right back. The Midnight Ride, the home of the anti establishment movement. This network features great programming such as Chris McDaniel's America, God and Country, The Right Side Radio Show, Paul Revere's Liberty Layer, and many more coming soon. So check out the Midnight Ride today. Head to the Midnight Ride dot com and check out all the amazing content. All right, guys, we are enjoying our very special Christmas episode once again, and it's been a lot of fun this year. One of the things that I've enjoyed this year is through the Midnight Ride Network, I have gotten back into broadcasting with my best friend Chris McDaniel on Chris McDaniel's America. And one of the things I truly enjoy is the fact that we've got that show rolling and it's been a lot of fun. And really appreciate Jim Sigelski for the assist that he gave us and getting this show off the ground and financing it and creating this Network and giving us this platform, the Midnight Ride has been a true blessing. And one of the things I thought would be fun is to go back and play for you from the first episode of Chris McDaniels America Chris's intro to the show.
Speaker 7: Hi, well, welcome. This is a new chartered course for us today, obviously, and if you haven't heard, my name is Chris McDaniel. This is Chris McDaniel's America as always with me Jack Fairchild's and this is the Midnight Ride Network. Now you might wonder, and I did at first, why the Midnight Ride, because you think, clearly there's a historical purpose behind the name, right, And I got to thinking about that today, about the Midnight Ride and why it's important to this show.
Speaker 2: And there's a reason.
Speaker 7: There's a reason. If you think about the ride. It took place in seventeen seventy five, and Paul Revere had planned intelligently, which is a key element here, intelligently a method with other patriots about how to make sure we knew when the British were approaching and how they were approaching.
Speaker 8: That's a big deal.
Speaker 7: So you've heard the story of the famous ride.
Speaker 3: Oh we all have.
Speaker 7: Yes, there are other parts of the rides, you know. Put uh, there's the old story about two by sea, one by land, the lanterns in the North Church in Boston. No story short Revere. He leaves Boston and he's trying to make sure that the Colonials have some advance warning of the British regulars approaching. They're going to Concord. They're trying to raid a military barrier. Since the ammunition there, he concocts a plan, men not ride. They did it smartly, that men not ride, and it worked. You know, people don't realize that Revere was actually captured at one point during this ride. Then they released him. Silly British. Silly British, they released him. Not that the capture mattered a whole lie. The point of the story is this, he was able to alert the people of the country, the colonial army, that the regulars were coming, the British were coming, and he did so with intelligent resistance. That's the key to this network. It's the key to this show, intelligent resistance. And you might say, what are we resisting. We'll get to that in a moment, but first let's talk about the show. The purpose of the show what we are and what we are not. Jack, You and I have done radio a lot over the years.
Speaker 3: We've talked together a time or two.
Speaker 7: And we've had shows that were someone mombastic and shows that were designed to get ratings. And you know that came back to home me a couple of times in campaigns over the years.
Speaker 3: Right, I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 7: You know, sometimes you get carried away and you say these things, and that's part of good radio, right It happens, and it's going to happen here. So I want to warn the people out there, no matter what side of the political calculation you think you may be on, we see things differently than just red versus Blue. Yes, now that's important, don't get me wrong. I've been a Republican since I was thirteen years old, and you can tell by the wrinkles on my face that was a long long time ago. But we see things differently than just red versus Blue. There's got to be more than tribalism here. There's got to be more to They stink and we don't because both sides are guilty of that right now, So what we want to do in this show is to pound out a philosophical basis for why it is we're conservatives. To do so with intelligent resistance. And you say, what on earth are you're resisting?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 7: The same thing the founders resisted? Tyranny? You say, for goodness sake, what does that look like? I don't know too much. Government it always results in the same thing, which is tyranny. So we start with the resistance, but we have to ask ourselves why and what's the purpose of the resistance. And it really is a foundational principle based on philosophy. And that's going to drive some people crazy because they always think that conservatism is just a moniker and it's just there to support the Republican Party. It's really not. It's been here for over two hundred plus years. Philosophers like Burke and Jefferson even and others hyek Ron Paul. People say Ron Paul's not a conservative. Of course he is. He has that founder's and pulse in his body. And so we want to develop a system to educate people as to what true conservatism is and what it is not. And we'll talk about that. So, first of all, let's define what the show is not. We're not going to be a mouthpiece for the Republican Party.
Speaker 3: No, not at all.
Speaker 7: This is not Fox News now, don't get me wrong. Fox News occasionally has a criminal truth out there, right, but at the same time, it comes at you with bias, just like CNN, just like you miss NBC. That's not who we are. We're not a mouthpiece for the party. And there's a reason for that. There's nothing the party has that we desire. Now think about it. There's a lot of shows out there that will twist and turn facts and protect the party even when the party is wrong. That's a problem, and they do so because there's something the party has, something they desire. They don't want to offend a politician that could be powerful. They don't want to offend the party chairman who could have money. They don't want to make the donors mad because they're always wanting to run for something. That's not what this show is going to be. If the Republican Party makes mistakes, we've got to be there to call them out.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, yeah, one hundred percent, because I think that's part of the problem nowadays is there's so many people out there that don't understand the difference between concerns neervatism and Republicanism, because while there's similarities there, they're not the same thing at all.
Speaker 5: They're not.
Speaker 7: You know, Conservatism is an element of political thought, and I discussed that earlier. It's been around for an Awfrey long time, and the Republican Party is supposed to be the vessel by which that thought is conveyed. One would think the Republicans would stand for policy and principle, but we've seen over the last forty or fifty years the Republican Party doesn't have a lot of backbone policy our principle. So the philosophy of conservatism has been redefined. I'm not even sure most Republicans nobody means to be a conservative. Then we'll get to that in a second.
Speaker 3: And that's the start of Chris McDaniels America on the Midnight Ride Network, which The Right Side joined during this year. But the other show that is on the Midnight Ride Network, starring our friends Dan Carr and Reed Cooley, Godden Country, it launched this year too, and I have their intro from the first episode as well that I want to replay again and.
Speaker 22: Welcome to God and Country. I hope you guys are having a great day here. We are in the beautiful South, Mississippi. It has been a beautiful day. This is our very first episode of God and Country with the purpose of getting Christians like you to engage in the political arena. I believe with all my heart that one of the reasons why our nation is in the mess that it is in is because Christians are not engaged as they should. Joining me is also mister Reid Cooley, mister Reed, thanks thanks for joining me on the show today.
Speaker 25: Hey Dan, great to be here, Yes, sir, absolutely, and so read.
Speaker 22: One of the things that I want us to accomplish with God and Country, you know, as I mentioned in the intro, is about you know, just getting Christians to engage. You know, as I look around at our country. As I look in whether it's in Jackson, Mississippi, the capital there, whether it's in bat Rouge, the capital there, whether it's in Washington, d C. Whether it's in you know, our whether it's in our city halls, whether it's in the in the county courthouse, I see less and less Christians engaging in what I call the political arena. And so one of the things that I want to see us accomplish here is to get Christians all over the nation to engage locally, not just nationally. So many times people want to focus on d C. Right That's where it seems like everybody's focused in on DC. And rightfully so, people are to be focused on DC. You know, people are focused in on this election coming up in twenty twenty four with President Trump versus you know, Joe Biden, and rightfully so, people are to be I believe this is the most important election of our lifetime, but we have very important elections every four years right here locally, and we need Christians to engage.
Speaker 25: What are your thoughts, amen, keep preaching, brother, I agree with every word all those places you just listed, federal government, state government, local government. I hope that we can engage them all and do exactly what you said that has just encouraged Christians to get out there, to engage the political arena, to really stake a claim in the culture to win this you know, this country back. In addition, so you and I have both been around politics for many years now, conservative politics, on the right side of politics, but just as much, I mean, I'm interested in the culture as well, Like what we can do to foster a culture in this country, maybe starting with the state, but obviously America more broadly, where we can foster that culture where Christians are encouraged to get out there, to engage in the political arena and really, you know, to kind of make the case for Christ as it were. So I'm bumped, man, I'm glad.
Speaker 5: To be here.
Speaker 3: Think about that, you know, think about the words that both Read and Dan were talking about in that opening to their show about Christians engaging, and then go back and think about what I was talking about earlier, about how much we've given up over the years by not standing up to the ridiculousness. Think about how much we have taken steps backwards by not standing our ground. The reason why here we are at Christmas time and you see so many places that are afraid to celebrate Christmas. The other day, I was scrolling through the TV and there was this show on. It's set in an elementary school called Abbot Elementary and they were getting ready for a Christmas parade for a Christmas play, and wouldn't you know, there was a group that complained. So the Christmas play got done away with. They had to change it up. They couldn't say Christmas, it was now a winter festival. And of course at the end of the episode when they pulled it off, you know, there's the one little kid that wasn't allowed to celebrate Christmas. The moral of the story is that made everything good for him. But there's no talk about you know, even though they show what was taken away from all the other kids, it's made light because it was all worth it just to appease one family.
Speaker 2: We've got to be.
Speaker 3: While we have to be respectful of our differences, we shouldn't have to give up everything that we believe in, everything that we celebrate, because they're not giving up anything that they celebrate. That is very very clear. So part of the reason I wanted to replay that is again to remind you of The Midnight Ride and its content with these two great shows, but also to make you think for a moment. Yeah, I know I don't get as political in the Christmas episode, but I still want you to think a little bit. And now that I've made you think for a second, now we can pause from thinking and I can play you the Alvin and the Chipmunks Christmas song.
Speaker 11: All right, you Jim Monks, ready to sing your song a worm What okay, Simon.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, Theodore okay?
Speaker 6: Album album.
Speaker 2: Album two, my.
Speaker 14: Film all film ProFM oh bung bir.
Speaker 4: Wow follow.
Speaker 5: H h.
Speaker 15: Okay.
Speaker 8: Then let's get ready.
Speaker 1: That was very good Simon, very good, Theodore Alvin, if you were.
Speaker 7: A little flat, watch it, Alvin Alvin?
Speaker 4: All right, al for a round.
Speaker 14: Red fun road woodrof fund.
Speaker 4: Fun road woolf.
Speaker 5: Very good.
Speaker 7: Nise enough, let's not overdo it at.
Speaker 11: Just coming out.
Speaker 3: We're gonna pause for one more break after that song, and then we'll wrap up this Christmas special at very right side Christmas twenty twenty four. I hope you guys are enjoying this so far. All right, guys, welcome back here to the right side of the radio program. Here we are in the home stretch the radio show, the final segment of the program today, as we are getting ready to wrap this one up and celebrate Christmas. And of course, you know, as I played before, I love the Christmas movies, so I won't play another clip of Christmas movie sound bites. And again, some of these will be similar to what I played before, but there'll be a couple of different ones in here. See how many of these clips you can place with the movie.
Speaker 4: I'll tell us that a real turner far around.
Speaker 6: Alnser just just run definitely send me posh. Welcome to the family, Best Wallason Davis a flat. You know we've got to get some loop. We've got to take the show to Chicago and Boston.
Speaker 2: I can't make it. I'm going to be very busy. Wait a minute, I'll join you.
Speaker 5: From what I see.
Speaker 26: Now, that'll cut through the murkiest storm they can dish up. What I'm trying to say is rude all with your nose so bright, won't you guide my sleigh tonight?
Speaker 4: It will be an honor, sir.
Speaker 5: So oh you don't believe that, do you? You see?
Speaker 27: My mother is missus Walker, the lady who hired you. But I must say you're the best looking one I've ever seen. Your beard doesn't have one of those things it goes over your ears.
Speaker 5: That's because it's real. Just like I'm ready to send the close.
Speaker 8: It's Christmas Eve.
Speaker 1: It's it's the one night of the year when we all act a little nicer. We we we smile a little easier, we we we we chare a little more.
Speaker 8: For a couple of hours out of the whole year.
Speaker 1: We are the people that we always hoped we would be.
Speaker 12: That the mama is getting red.
Speaker 17: I hate red.
Speaker 16: Thermometers is Fasty's.
Speaker 6: When the mamma gets all reddish, the temperature goes up.
Speaker 25: And when the temperature goes up, I stopped.
Speaker 12: And no, you'll shoot your eye out, kid, Chriswold family Christmas tree.
Speaker 2: Isn't it a little big?
Speaker 5: It's not big, it's just full.
Speaker 2: Yeah. That they wouldn't fit in our yard.
Speaker 12: Not going in our yard ruts, It's going in our living room.
Speaker 24: This is extremely important. Would you please tell him that instead of persons this year, I just want my family back. No toys, nothing but Peter Kate, buzz making, Lenny and Jeff and my aunt and my cousins.
Speaker 13: And if he has time, my uncle Frank.
Speaker 2: Okay, list.
Speaker 8: A list.
Speaker 2: He's making less checking it.
Speaker 14: Sannah, what don't forget the grunch. I know he's mean and Harry is snowy. His hands might be cold and clammy, but I think he's actually kind of sweet.
Speaker 8: Sweet.
Speaker 2: You're thinking schweet.
Speaker 13: Merry Christmas.
Speaker 15: Annah, nice kid, bad chetch your character so bad? I plat out our whole day.
Speaker 28: First, we'll make snow Angels for two hours, and then we'll go ice skating, and then we'll eat a whole roll of toll House cookie dough as.
Speaker 7: Fast as we can, and then to finish, we'll snuggle.
Speaker 5: I have a machine gun.
Speaker 3: And of course that last one is The die Hard, which again is always up to this grand debate. Is die Hard a Christmas movie? What if you listened to last year's Christmas episode? Do you know that I land on the die Hard is a Christmas movie? Well, while I was scrolling through reels on social media, I've come across this Holderness family, who put out various musical parody videos that are usually pretty funny that you can laugh at, and they did one on this very subject of is die Hard a Christmas movie? And I wanted to. I wanted to play that because I found it to be entertaining.
Speaker 6: Is the house every year?
Speaker 8: The die Heart is.
Speaker 29: A movie about Christmas?
Speaker 5: And here's how I know.
Speaker 29: There's a fire that brightly burnt, a party where everyone's turns, and Ellis's drugs.
Speaker 2: Are kind of like the snow. The die Hard is.
Speaker 29: A movie about Christmas, and that's my opinion. And the rooftops at night they are full of twinkling lights from the sub machine.
Speaker 8: Though they've been fighting before.
Speaker 28: They work out all of their differences and they're not mad anymore, and together they kill.
Speaker 8: Lots of terrorists that have see.
Speaker 5: I think it is right.
Speaker 2: Die Heart is a.
Speaker 28: Movie about Charistmas.
Speaker 2: There's red and green deecre.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 29: The green is the millions of bucks.
Speaker 28: The red is from all the blood from the punching and the.
Speaker 8: Shooting and the door.
Speaker 29: Die Heard is a movie about Christmas.
Speaker 8: Think about it. There was missle toe, there were missiles.
Speaker 29: Stay with me and McLean had beare feet get it misled to what do you think?
Speaker 2: How are you feeling this?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Yo?
Speaker 30: And why is there eleven year old watching this?
Speaker 4: It's good?
Speaker 29: Die Heart is a movie about Charistmas.
Speaker 3: Because a bearded man did fly.
Speaker 29: He was sort of like Santa Clause instead his name was Hans and he flew through the air into the sky. Heart is a movie about Christmas.
Speaker 28: All the fun, tide cloth, all of the sweaters that we've seen, kind of like now I have a machine gun, Ho ho ho. There was packing tape for little surprises the parents had to wrap. For McLean, it was a gun that he had taped onto his back and then he shot too.
Speaker 29: Bad, guys, it was super too awesome, doesn't right, I rest my case.
Speaker 9: Ye, yes, it's really good.
Speaker 30: For Yeah, there's just a lot of machine guns and dynamite and murder and so not. Well, I'm happy that's a tradition for you, guys, But also should my eleven year.
Speaker 29: Old be watching this?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 15: Thanks for watching.
Speaker 13: What do you guys think?
Speaker 17: Is die Hard a Christmas movie?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 30: It takes place during Christmas?
Speaker 11: Hold is what Santa says?
Speaker 8: Agreed, Well, there you go watch it right now.
Speaker 30: Yeah, it takes place during Christmas.
Speaker 9: It is not a Christmas movie, Christmas Street, it's a movie about Christmas movie.
Speaker 3: Yes, Diehard is a Christmas movie. I'm on the side of the father and son the mother in this instance, she's way off base one hundred percent of Christmas movie. Anyway, as you guys know, there is a tradition that I like to do on this show now. Of course, next year, if The Right Side becomes a video show, some of these songs may have to go away for future Christmas specials. But one of the things I like, because again is I say every year that I'm getting ready to go and travel for Christmas. Now I'm not going home for Christmas because home for me is Vicksburg, missi Be. My mother no longer lives in Vicksburg. Her and my father, before he passed, had moved to Gingsville, Florida. So I'm not going home for Christmas, but I am going to see my mom.
Speaker 5: But the.
Speaker 3: Sentiment of the song I'll be home for Christmas still rings true because even though that's not home to me, that's her home. So in her view, I'm coming home for Christmas still. So that's how I like to wrap the show up every year is with playing this version from Being Crosby, which again is an outstanding Christmas song for sure. But before we play this song to take us out, I want to stop for a second and wish each and every single one of you listening a very merry Christmas and of course a happy New Year.
Speaker 23: M hm.
Speaker 17: I be hold for Christmas, you can plan on me. Please have snow, a missile toe and prayers and song the tree.
Speaker 19: Chrismasy will find me.
Speaker 17: Where the love.
Speaker 2: Like glease a behold.
Speaker 4: For Chrissmas.
Speaker 2: If all.
Speaker 4: My dreams.
Speaker 8: Behold for Christmas, you.
Speaker 17: Can fly.
Speaker 2: On me.
Speaker 17: Have snow a missile tall, I'm f.
Speaker 19: S the tree, cres mersy, the fine.
Speaker 17: Where the long.
Speaker 2: Like green.
Speaker 8: Beyond for crep.
Speaker 4: In fly Love, bre.
Speaker 8: A Machine, Escape Tomorrow, Rubber Resort.
Speaker 3: Hey everyone, this is Jack Fairchild's The Right Side Radio program and license reviewed, and I want to talk to you for a second about my pillow. My pillow is quite simply the finest pillow on the market. My pillows patented interlocking fills adjust to your individual sleep needs regardless of sleeping position. This innovative fill then holds that position all night, helping you fall asleep faster, stay asleep longer. The founder and owner of Mine Pillow, Mike Lindell, personally guarantees that my pillow will be the most comfortable pillow you'll ever own, and I'll add my own guarantee as well. And right now you can get up to eighty percent off of all My Pillow products, including bed sheets, slippers, towels, down comforters, mattress toppers, even coffee when you go to MyPillow dot com and enter the special promo code Midnight Ride no space in between Midnight and Ride, and remember enter the promo code m I D N I g H t r ID and say big while getting the best night sleeper you've ever had. The Midnight Ride the home of the anti establishment movement. This network features great programming such as Chris McDaniels, America, God and Country, The right Side Radio Show, Paul Revere's Liberty Layer, and many more coming soon. So check out the Midnight Ride today. Head to the Midnight Ride dot com and check out all the amazing content.