Speaker 1: This is WBZ, Boston's news radio Rea defining local news.
Speaker 2: Eighty seven degrees in Boston, hazy and humid out there already feels like ninety three. It's eleven o'clock. Good morning, I'm Nicole Davis. Here's what's happening. You might have to get a bit creative to try to stay cool today. Yeah, temperatures are in the nineties today for most of us. Real feels easily topping triple digits away from the coast. It's not even the hottest day of the heat wave. Yeah, Tomorrow, it's supposed to be really quite hot, dangerously hot in spots off This'll say today and tomorrow are the days to stay in the ac in the shade, if you can, drink plenty of fluids, and of course be sure to keep your pets cool. Will if much more coming up in the forecast in just about two or three minutes meantime. At eleven oh one, Israel launching strikes at Iranian governments in Tehran this morning, after a series of drone and missile strikes from the Iranians on Israel. Not long after the US hit Iranian nuclear targets over the weekend. President Trump posted on truth social hinting at his support for regime change in Iran. The White House is now walking back those comments, but there is still a bit of unease throughout d C over the move to enter the conflict. Here's ABC's Rachel Scott.
Speaker 3: This moved by the President is dividing the Republican Party. He campaigned on keeping America out of foreign conflicts. So on one Republican leadership standing by the President, supporting this move, but a handful of Republicans are speaking out, including Congressman Thomas Massey calling the President's moves here unconstitutional.
Speaker 2: And President Trump on social media criticizing Massy, saying he is not part of MAGA and is a quote simple minded grand standard. Now, the National Terrorism Advisory System put out a new bulletin after those strikes this weekend. In the bulletin, they said there is a quote heightened threatened environment when it comes to the wake of those strikes. Here in Massachusetts, Governor Moore Heally says she's already been briefed directly by the Homeland Security Secretary Christine Nome when it came it comes to Massachusetts. At this point, she says there are no specific threats. She does say though, the state is coordinating with local and federal partners and they are monitoring the situation as it develops. At eleven oh two, Boston Police say three people were taken to local hospitals last night after they were shot. The first responders were called to the scene just before nine point thirty on Whalen Street in Dorchester. When they got there, they found two men who had apparently been shot. Both were taken to a nearby hospital and are expected to survive. But after that a third person who had been shot was also found near the scene. That person was also taken to the hospital, but it's not clear how badly they were hurt. At this point, police have not released any motive or any suspects here, but if you have any information, you're asked to give police a call. It is very warm and very humid out there, and it's only going to become more so over the next day and a half or so. The National Weather Service says we are in in extreme heat warning until tomorrow night. The thing is here, when it comes to this heat, we have the humidity, We've got the heat together. That means we are potentially dealing with some dangerous heat indexes out there, pushing at times one hundred five to one hundred and ten. Even today it's already again eleven o'clock or so, and we're already in the nineties in many spots, getting up to the mid nineties or so if you're outside the city of Boston, low to mid eighties on the capin Islands, in Boston and in the Greater Boston area seeing high in the upper eighties. But again those real fields today pushing one hundred degrees. For tonight, we get little to no relief, a low just seventy five degrees, so you're gonna need the cold shower in fans or the ac tonight, mid sixties if you're on the capin Islands, and tomorrow is supposed to be the hottest day of this whole venture. Here we have extremely hot and humid conditions. Highs in the upper nineties, low one hundreds, especially if you're inland, a little bit closer to ninety on the coast, and we'll have that heat index at times reaching up to about one hundred and ten degrees. For your Wednesday, still humid but not as warm. We have a high in the mid eighties, a couple of stray storms later on in the day. All right, let's get a look at our temperatures out there right now, seeing eighty seven degrees in Westford, north of Boston eighty eight and Haveril eighty eight as well in Bridgewater in Boston right now at eleven o six, it's eighty seven degrees and it feels more like ninety four well in other holidays on the horizon, which means another travel record is poised to be broken. Wbz's Drew o'holland says a record seventy two million people are either hitting the roads or flying in the skies for July fourth.
Speaker 4: And that would be a new high for both drivers and those with boarding passes. Triple A now considers the fourth of July travel period to begin June twenty eighth. We are moving quickly, aren't we so? And for Americans, many of us like vacationing so much. It is so nice. They say, let's do it twice. Yeah, multiple vacations for most American families. Drew mahll and WBZ Boston's News radio.
Speaker 2: And Orange Line riders are feeling good. Big case on the Mondays today for sure. Signal upgrades are leading to service outages. Your wbz's James Rojasa back back.
Speaker 1: It's a mad dash for folks who just learned about the suspended service on the Orange Line from back Base Station to Forest Hills. This is ridiculous. It's ridiculous, terrible, terrible.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because you have me running left for work.
Speaker 2: It just puts you like behind.
Speaker 1: Service is out for the work week and through Sunday. The commuter rail fair free for those affected, and shuttle buses are now rolling through for some. However, the timing is not good. Better to ride the tea or shuttle bus like on these hot days.
Speaker 5: The tea would have been better because you avoid all this exposure out there. But again, we don't have a chance, so we have to take the tea. But I guess we just have to manage it and I'll stay hydrated and all of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, commuters are going to have to keep their cool in more ways than one. At Back Bay Station, James Rojas, WBZ Boston's News Radio, You are.
Speaker 2: Now in the leap for news updates throughout the day. Listen to WBZ Radio on the iHeartRadio app. I'm Nicole Davis, w b Read Boston's news radio