Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon, and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Somebody liked your Chiefs rand in Orange County.
Speaker 3: I just have to say to Shannon, after your rant about the Chiefs jaded party of one your tables.
Speaker 4: Ready, I'm not jaded. It's obvious.
Speaker 1: Just anybody who's watched the Chiefs this season knows that they are the worst undefeated team to watch.
Speaker 4: It's awful.
Speaker 1: I mean, here's the thing. I don't hate Patrick Mahomes. I don't hate Tom Brady. By the way, Tom Brady did a really great job. It's the first time I really listened to an entire game that he called Niners Chiefs.
Speaker 4: He was really good.
Speaker 1: He was entertaining, he was informative, he wasn't too egotistical.
Speaker 4: I loved it.
Speaker 1: Well, I hate Tom Brady, don't hate Patrick Mahomes. I think they're great at what they do. Patrick Mahomes turning that no play into a thirty three yard run incredible. I mean, we're watching history or watching magic, and I'm not gonna put that down. I'm just saying, from top to bottom, they are not a very well put together team to show that six.
Speaker 5: And zero record, which is ironic because it was last year where they got off to such an awful start but were better than their record was exactly Yeah, a couple of stories that were following people with private health insurance would be able to pick up over the counter methods of birth control like condoms and morning after pills, etc. For under a new rule the White House proposed today that without a doctor's prescription, women may pay as much as fifty bucks for morning after pills, and women who delay buying the pill in order to get to a doctor's prescription could jeopardize the purpose of it in the first place. So this new rule from the White House would also require insurers to bear the cost of an O pill, the only FDA approved over the counter birth control pill.
Speaker 4: It's time for swamp watch.
Speaker 1: Swamp is horrible.
Speaker 2: Government doesn't work. Man, make this like a reality TV show.
Speaker 1: Wasn't bad news?
Speaker 2: Always a pleasure to be anywhere from Washington, d C.
Speaker 4: Hey Joe, a town all.
Speaker 3: Too clearly built on a swamp and in so many ways still a swamp.
Speaker 2: I have a bunch of malarkey.
Speaker 4: Nobody said drained the swamp.
Speaker 2: I said, Oh, that's so gosh.
Speaker 5: You know the thing, I think the image from the weekend has got to be Donald Trump in a McDonald's apron, are you. I mean, I can see they shut down that that McDonald's franchise until four o'clock in the afternoon yesterday so that he could he could man the friar and work the drive through.
Speaker 1: He has a little bit of an obsession when it comes to McDonald's. I mean it's been reported before, we talked about it earlier. He likes his McDonald's. He had McDonald's delivered to the White House. Jared crish I wrote in his memoir that he knew Trump was better from COVID when he had his big mac and fish filet and fries and shake delivered, that he knew he was on the mend.
Speaker 4: This is all because Kamala Harris I guess purported to.
Speaker 1: Work at a McDonald's in nineteen eighty three. She's very big with advertising that she grew up in the middle class and that she worked at McDonald's during a summer in college, that she manned the friar and other stations there at the McDonald's.
Speaker 4: Well, apparently there's no record of it.
Speaker 1: There's no pay stubs, there's no record of for I don't know how I would prove that I worked at a deli for four years, five years through high school and college. It doesn't exist anymore. I certainly don't have a pay stub from nineteen ninety seven. You know, how do you prove that kind of work record. I don't know, save for maybe like a picture of you behind the counter, But I don't know if.
Speaker 4: You'd ever take that picture. It's hard to prove.
Speaker 1: But anyway, because there's no proof, this is one of the hills that the campaign, the Trump campaign, is dying on, and so they and it was a fun stunt having somebody who loves McDonald's, loves business, American business, go and work the drive through for fifteen minutes. He seemed likable in that video with the French fries and the more likable moments he can have and not the name calling, if he just stuck to being the way he was with John Cobalt in that interview, of just being a nice guy, human like two dudes, just talking the way he's talking to the normal everyday people in the drive through line. That's the foot he should lead with. In my opinion, you know, you put that next to JD. Vance's colossal failure of a trip to the donut shop where he didn't seem like he could talk to real people. And maybe that's because he's an academic and an elite. Maybe he's just not good with talking to strangers. But Trump is Why wouldn't you lead.
Speaker 2: With that talking to strangers?
Speaker 5: Well, the Harris campaign came out and said that this is exactly what next another Trump presidency would be, which is him exploiting working people for his own gain. Now the what's his name Joseph Costello, spokesman for the Harris campaign, Trump doesn't understand what it's like to work for a living, no matter how many staged photo ops he does, and his entire second term plan is to give himself, his wealthy buddies and giant corporations another massive tax cut.
Speaker 1: It's it's true, but then you sound like you're pooh poohing what was a nice little moment of somebody out in the community.
Speaker 5: They're not gonna he's They would never give him credit for making a good political choice.
Speaker 1: But that way to say there's a way to say, like something clever about him serving fries or something. I don't know, there's a way to not sound like you're just crapping on everything.
Speaker 5: Just but look at the imagery that they've been trying to get Trump to use. Him sticking his head out of a drive through window, waring a McDonald's apron is very America.
Speaker 2: It just is.
Speaker 5: That's I mean, that's it is him at a Pittsburgh Steelers game last night. It's a very and that kind of imagery I think goes pretty far when you're trying if you are one of the two percent or whatever who's undecided.
Speaker 4: It does.
Speaker 1: Like we've talked about people want humans in twenty twenty four, you want your politicians to speak plainly to you. You want them to be relatable, You want them to not talk down to you. Well, what says I'm just like you, even though we know he's not just like us? But what says that? And it's the Steelers game and it's the McDonald's.
Speaker 2: And you want him to talk plainly but not too plain.
Speaker 3: Kamala Harris that you've had enough that you just can't take it anymore. We can't stand you, your ash vice president.
Speaker 1: That is awful, Like again, why would you Why would you let that side of you have a microphone?
Speaker 2: That's he's such an indidate.
Speaker 1: Like when they let Antonio Brown have an open mic over the weekend. Who've signed off on that? That could have gone sideways real quick. So I told you they had like a bunch of high school students here and they did some sort of assembly, national anthem, the whole bit.
Speaker 4: Now they haven't broken up into four groups.
Speaker 1: And the group that is in the section right below the radio booth. It's like a motivational talk and I'm getting some free therapy right now. They're going over this book. It's called the Energy Bus. Ten Rules to fuel your life, work and team with positive energy. And it's like all this Tony Robbins stuff. Oh wow, it's like you're the driver of your own bus.
Speaker 2: They're doing this on game day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's it's just kind of I guess it would be really cool if you're a high school student and you have some sort of a workshop or assembly at the at the stadium. It'd be pretty cool. But yeah, I mean, free therapy. Be man, positive energy.
Speaker 2: Gary.
Speaker 1: It's very important if you if you come across the challenges and the adversity in your life that you're certain to come across as you're driving your bus, whether it's somebody who doesn't like you, bad weather, what have you. If you approach that with positive energy, it makes those challenges a lot easier. Well, like like in the triathlon, you know, you got to look at it positively, like, yeah, you swim the miles and then you realize it's a lot going to be a lot easier to get on that bike, and as soon as you get off that bike, you note it's going to be your favorite part of the run.
Speaker 4: You're going to put in your air posit.
Speaker 5: So no, no, I just did a one hundred miles on my bike, and now I got to run a marathon.
Speaker 4: Your positive energy is not happening with your energy.
Speaker 5: Best room out positive the chafing, I listen, you got to put gold bond on those babies. Couple things. People have been calling and suggesting that this the Social Security Administration would know if Kamala Harris worked at McDonald's.
Speaker 1: Okay, nobody's going to take that call, I know.
Speaker 4: Going back to nineteen eighty three.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I'm sure those records are I'm sure Social Security has everything filed away perfectly.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean they I'm assuming they've kept my employment records.
Speaker 2: No, since I turned eighteen.
Speaker 1: They don't know about you with the stint at the Chinese delivery restaurant.
Speaker 5: Before before I was eighteen, or the movie theater and the movie theater, or the kennels also under eighteen, and all that was under the table. Of course, it was well that McDonald's isn't going to be under the table. My job was under the table, but again not McDonald's. You worked at a sketchy deli.
Speaker 4: It was not sketchy, wonderful place.
Speaker 5: One of the things that has come up today is that Kamala Harris and Donald Trump are focusing on battleground states.
Speaker 2: That's all we're going to see them do for the next t two weeks.
Speaker 5: It looks like Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Michigan have dates with Vice President Harris. She's been traveling around with former Congresswoman Liz Cheney. Trump is spending his day in North Carolina. He's got events, he's got a rally, he's got faith leader meeting. Scheduled to be back in North Carolina again on Tuesday. And one of the things he did this morning was he was talking with first responders and people still recovering from Hurricane Helene. The critical portion of who's going to choose the next president, will you know, is still that sort of gray area of those people who claim that they are still undecided. Because this new Washington Post poll that came out five thousand registered voters, well it's a pretty large sample size. Forty seven percent say they will either definitely or probably support Kamala Harris. Forty seven percent say they will either definitely or probably support Donald Trump. So whatever you know, questions you think are going to be answered November fifth, might not be, might take several days.
Speaker 1: Tim Walls went on the View to talk about Elon Musk's recent pledge to give away millions of dollars to registered voters in battleground states.
Speaker 3: That's what you do when you have no plan for the public, when you have no economic plan that's going to benefit the middle class, when you have no plan to protect reproductive rights, when you have no plan to address climate change and produce American energy, you go to these type of tactics.
Speaker 5: So the plan, the plan from Elon Musk is he wanted people to sign a petition that supported express support for the First Amendment and the Second Amendment. You could only sign that petition if you were in one of these battleground states, and you could only sign the petition if you were a registered voter. So there are questions about whether or not this is actually legal.
Speaker 1: Tim Walls was also asked if his thoughts on Arnold Palmer Oh no, and Trump's recent offscript comments about Arnold Palmer's genitalia.
Speaker 2: Oh, I didn't pull that.
Speaker 1: He said, Well, I'll tell you what he said. You just said I'm passing on that one.
Speaker 2: Well, that's smart.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you shouldn't.
Speaker 1: Touch anybody else's genitals, certainly.
Speaker 4: Not especially are no longer with us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Arnold have been gone for nearly a decade.
Speaker 5: Only a big honker, and I refused to say it, but when he took showers with the other pros, they came out of there.
Speaker 2: They said, Oh my god, that's unbelievable.
Speaker 1: I don't think I've ever heard a man talk about another man's penis.
Speaker 2: Not in such glowing terms, maybe.
Speaker 1: In any term, but I guess I wouldn't be in those circles who would tell me.
Speaker 5: Right again, I'll only point out that if it was if it was an exceptional thing. That's that might rise to the level. But I'm not going to get out of a shower and in a gym and go, hey, look at those average guys.
Speaker 4: Right, look at your average.
Speaker 2: You could pick a lock with that one.
Speaker 4: I believe you said if it makes an impact.
Speaker 5: Well, listen, you walk down the street every day, right, and you run into hundreds, maybe a couple thousand people, depending on where you work and what you see. It's only the ones that are standouts that are going to catch your attention, right, That's what I.
Speaker 1: Just didn't know that men looked at other men's genitalia.
Speaker 5: It's not like it's not like you're looking around to repair. But again, if it's if to look at it, if you're Arnold Palmer, and it's just unavoidable.
Speaker 4: Right right, I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 5: Hey, we have some wellness suggestions for you, some some things that are going on. We are absolutely ruining our children and no one is doing anything about it.
Speaker 4: Oh that sounds uplifting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've got a story about a cat.
Speaker 2: Is it uplifting?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: That was a joke.
Speaker 1: That was because remember the last cat story. Yes, And you were like, why are you talking right now? Why is this being brought up?
Speaker 5: Why are you just telling me what the comic strip says? Why are you just explaining the YouTube.
Speaker 2: Video to me?
Speaker 4: Gary and Channa?
Speaker 2: Waita, Now you sound angry?
Speaker 4: Oh I do? I don't. I'm not. I'm not angry.
Speaker 2: Are you sure?
Speaker 4: No? This is my happy face?
Speaker 1: That's not It is.
Speaker 2: Rule number seven? What's rule number seven?
Speaker 4: Rule number seven is surround yourself with people who are enthusiastic. Yay uh. He loves women's volleyball. And here's why. Oh boy, a five game notch.
Speaker 1: They can lose the first two games, they're down in the third deciding game, another point gets scored on them, and what do they do? They get up off the court, they come together.
Speaker 2: Not the greatest sports analogy. This is awful.
Speaker 4: This is awful.
Speaker 6: I'm a delivery driver and when Gary said look at that when it can pick a luck, I.
Speaker 2: Almost dropped everything that was hilarious. Good word, guys, keep it up. Stolen valor, stolen valor. It's not my joke. It was from Saturday Night Live.
Speaker 1: It was the delivery though. For me, I've been hearing from people that this is a thing that guys do talk about this that it's like a dude thing, because dudes are, you know, kind of focused on their their penis. I hear from people on the text that Petros does this a lot.
Speaker 2: He talks about he doesn't talk about his own.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I haven't heard that show in a while, but he did.
Speaker 5: Petros doesn't talk about average. He's not talking about average. You're talking about guys that would you know you could put them.
Speaker 4: I didn't know that he was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess guys are kind of it's kind of like their way of measuring how they measure up in this department. So apparently it is something dudes talk about.
Speaker 4: I didn't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know how many listen. Here's the other part about it.
Speaker 4: I mean, I know, not in an I talk, but not in you do not.
Speaker 5: I'm not in a world where I'm in a shower in public very often.
Speaker 2: It all. I can't remember the last time I took a shower in public, right, I'm not.
Speaker 1: That's I mean, I remember the last time seeing a bunch of naked women. And it was at after a yoga class, and it was a well traveled yoga class. A lot of people were in that class and went and took a shower after, and a lot of them did and they are They were just out and proud with their nakedness, the youth.
Speaker 4: And but I didn't.
Speaker 1: There wasn't anything to comment on, like, you know, I see the knockers on that girl, like you know what I mean, Like I would never across my mind to even have a notable experience.
Speaker 2: There was nothing out of the ordinary.
Speaker 4: There was nothing out of the ordinary.
Speaker 6: Hey, Gary, it's V from West Hollywood.
Speaker 2: Hello. V.
Speaker 6: Why would it be okay for anyone in the public eye, especially someone running for the president of the United States, to talk about a dead man's private parts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm speechless, and so.
Speaker 6: Should you be?
Speaker 2: O tell me okay, it's like.
Speaker 6: You're okay with it, Gary, have a great day.
Speaker 5: She reminds me of missus Ramshada Koza, who was my first grade teacher, who would yell at me like that too.
Speaker 1: Well, didn't work. Missus Rama Shatakota could have done a better job.
Speaker 2: I say, I'm okay with What am I going to do?
Speaker 5: Am I going to change the fact that he said that on Saturday to a crowd?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: I think it was idiotic for him to say that to a crowd of people.
Speaker 4: That's the outrage we were looking for. It is.
Speaker 1: It is weird when you think about the former president of the United States and a current candidate for president of the United States talking about a dead man's penis and the size of it, like that is Asini'm like, let's go back, let's hit pause and go in our time machines and go back to nineteen ninety eight. Could you imagine that in us just laughing it off, we would be like, what the hell?
Speaker 4: Who is this guy? This guy is freaking crazy just.
Speaker 1: Talking about any dead person's penis on a public microphone address situation, let alone.
Speaker 4: Let alone a candidate for president.
Speaker 1: It is nuts when you think about it, like that's how warped we are now is we get on the air, we start laughing about this and how it's hard to say Arnold Palmer.
Speaker 5: But that somehow I'm endorsing the fact that he did that. He did this because I didn't lose my head and clutch my pearls.
Speaker 4: I don't know, you sound angry now, I just say it's.
Speaker 5: So frustrating to me that people can't listen. We're we collective. We there's three hundred and thirty million people in the United States. We've become ridiculous. Yeah, we have lost we have lost it. We've completely lost it. I saw a very funny sign over the weekend that said, has anybody tried to turn off the United States and turn it back on again?
Speaker 2: Like that? That's how I feel.
Speaker 5: I feel like we've we've got so many of these little like digital leftovers that we need to just reboot this thing.
Speaker 1: I feel like your energy bus is struggling right now, my energy bus. You might need an oil change on your energy bus.
Speaker 2: My energy bus has been running on four flats for a while.
Speaker 1: You've got to take care of your bus and v a bus that you have.
Speaker 5: I appreciate you calling, but it's not it's not that I endorse him saying that.
Speaker 2: I thought it was ridiculous. I thought it was stupid.
Speaker 5: We as a collective society are better than that. I know he was trying to be funny, but I don't need I don't need my presidential candidate to be funny.
Speaker 2: I want that to have some amount of substance.
Speaker 1: I also think it's a reflex to this whole man thing that has taken over the election both campaigns have kind of weaponized being a man, right, what does that mean?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: Kamala Harris says that ad where it's you know, I'm a construction worker and I'm man enough to vote for Kamala or what have you. And all these different manly men talking about how they're going to vote for her and how that that's manly. And I think that that piss is off. Piss is off that makes us upset Donald Trump and that he wants to reclaim the man card. Okay, so he's going so far to the to that goalpost that he's talking about another man's large genitals.
Speaker 5: Wait, hold on a second, But then that undercuts it. It would be different if he was like, did you see the knockers on that woman in the shower after the yoga class?
Speaker 2: That would be one thing to exert his madness.
Speaker 5: But talking about the other guy's giant appendage, it's not man.
Speaker 4: I don't I don't know.
Speaker 2: Is it like I can appreciate that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what it is. I think that's what it is.
Speaker 3: Can you tell us about that yoga class again, but.
Speaker 1: This time slower.
Speaker 4: I will say this.
Speaker 1: I was sitting on the bench after the yoga class in the locker room or what have you. And I'm sitting there and I'm like getting my my shoes on or something like that.
Speaker 4: And this girl comes and.
Speaker 1: She puts her foot up on the bench right next to where I'm sitting, totally naked, and I was like, this is in my space?
Speaker 4: Like this is It was too close? It was too close.
Speaker 1: I did not enjoy that. But anyway, do you want your jeopardy question a minute?
Speaker 4: She was very natural.
Speaker 1: All okay, damn you asked for it.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 4: Well, then you shouldn't have played that talk back.
Speaker 2: You know me.
Speaker 4: I'm an open book ready for your jeopardy question.
Speaker 1: Yes, I just felt like male genitalia was taking over too much of this show. Great judges for two hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: Oh this is good.
Speaker 1: This will this will be a palate cleanser. This biblical king judged a child should be split in two.
Speaker 4: He didn't go through with.
Speaker 1: It, However, the biblical king kid the guy that wanted to split the baby David Solomon, Oh.
Speaker 4: What hath you rot with your lack of knowledge? Unto the Lord?
Speaker 5: What is a what is a baby food pouch? And why are we letting our kids do this. We're killing them slowly.
Speaker 2: People.
Speaker 1: I don't get any credit for speaking the Bible language.
Speaker 5: You've defiled every other moment of this show. You don't get to cleanse yourself just by speaking one Bible language.
Speaker 2: Whatever you just.
Speaker 4: Said, I did not defile the show.
Speaker 2: Okay, you told us about the doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: You asked for it.
Speaker 2: I never.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm not there, so I can't get into trouble market. The boss is live in the KFI twenty four hour newsroom.
Speaker 4: People with private health insurance would be able to pick.
Speaker 5: There was a very sad story out of Texas from last night. A helicopter crashed into a radio towers, erupted into a fireball, crashed to the ground. Four people, including a child, were killed just about eight o'clock last night in the Greater East End of Houston. They said it was close enough to a local fire station that the firefighters heard the crash, and we're obviously the first responders that were there, But it was a why it hit high enough. Apparently the helicopter hit high enough on the tower that the debris field was extensive, which means people had remains in their backyards.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, awful.
Speaker 1: All right, so we've got to stop feeding baby food to people who are not babies. Well, this is just another example of the softening of the American public.
Speaker 5: I want to point something out. We've talked about the movie Wally, where they're trying to see if we can go back to Earth and because we've completely screwed it up and the robots have to go check it out for us. The people in Wally, you remember, on that big space station that they're in, they just sit there. There's like a screen in front of their face.
Speaker 2: That's weird.
Speaker 5: They just eat processed foods all day. That's also weird. They don't eat solid food. They get their nutrients from this mysterious drink that produced by the company called Buy and Large, which is, you know, a point about corporate something something. But a lot of people have asked what goes into that drink on Wally Because there's no plant, there's no cattle there. I mean, where do you get the nutrients? This should make you think of Wally when we tell you that Purade food pouches are being given to children over and over.
Speaker 1: Again, children and in some cases adults. Sales of food pouches have increased nine hundred thousand percent since twenty ten, overtaking jarred Pures as the predominant baby food on the market. But I think the reason that you're seeing that massive percentage boost nine hundred thousand is because it's not just babies eating this stuff. It's not only just parents that are harried and it's a quick snack for their young kids.
Speaker 4: Adults have eaten.
Speaker 5: These things the occasional pouch. According to doctors, the occasional pouch food, as awful as that sounds, can be part of a healthful diet because it's occasional. But relying on these pouches can interfere with nutrition. It can interfere with long term food preferences. It can interfere with dental hygiene. It can interfere, interfere especially if it's younger baby, younger children with speech and language development, and nobody knows what's in the pouches. Listen, The La Times talks to a woman named Caitlin who stops by Target and puts puade food pouches for her three kids in the cart. In goes a twenty four pack of unsweetened apple sauce, And you think to yourself, Oh.
Speaker 2: Well, it's unsweetened. It must be fine.
Speaker 5: The twenty four pack of the fruit and veggie blend unsweetened must be great for a little Johnny. Finally, the yogurt pouches for her son's breakfast. She says he'd eat six apple sauce pouches to day if I let him.
Speaker 4: Ha ha ha.
Speaker 1: Doctor Stephen Abrams is a professor of pediatrics at the University University of Texas Hookham Horns. He says pouches are highly processed foods. They serve as a quick snack, but they cannot make up most of your toddler's diet.
Speaker 5: There is something to be said about the simple mechanics of eating and eating different foods, and when you pure something like apples, you don't get the same fiber content, the same fiber workings through your body.
Speaker 2: You know, gi tracked, you can't.
Speaker 5: It's easier, I get it, but it's also going to cause problems down the line.
Speaker 1: Well, kids are not going to know how to chew. It sounds like a very human thing, but some doctors are saying that children are so reliant on the smooth, sweet taste of these pouches that they've developed food and texture aversions they refuse to eat regular fruits or vegetables, And he says, in the long run, we're gonna pay for it. Like, yes, they're very convenient. No, no glass jars that kind of a deal. You can just pop them in your diaper bag or your bag or the car, or your kid's backpack or what have you. But convenient does not always mean good for you. Actually, the converse is true.
Speaker 5: Doctor Tanya Altman is a pediatrician over in Calabasis, and she says, not all pouches are created equals. Sometimes they can be a contributor to a family's nutrition. Those that don't have added sugars or salt could even have advantages over other processed snacks, et cetera. But getting like you said, it's not just as simple as here's a treat, shut up and don't bother me, or this, you know, stave off your hunger for an hour or two until we can get you some actual food.
Speaker 1: Well, and remember who's behind the processed foods and the processed foods push it's the tobacco industry, and manufacturers are appealing to parents by marketing these pouches as all natural, organic containing vegetables, but that does not reflect on what's inside. They said that a green pouch advertised as broccoli pear might turn out to be more a little more pear more, a little more than pear puree, not broccoli.
Speaker 5: And pediatricians will tell you that the purade anything peaes BROCCOLI's pears whatever.
Speaker 2: After about after.
Speaker 5: About nine months, you want to get away from the baby food stuff. You want to give them the things that they have to manipulate with their hands, to put in their mouth, to learn to chew, to swallow, to drink, I mean all of that.
Speaker 1: I mean that's part of writing on your energy bus, and you know, encountering adversity like how do I eat these raspberries in my high chair? Oh, make a big mess in my face with them till I figure out that they go right there in that hole.
Speaker 5: To that end, there's a statistic that I saw today the average American can the average American consumes about eighty pounds of sugar per year.
Speaker 1: Wow, A lot of times people don't know, you know, how much sugar is in whatever they're ingesting' I mean fruit is kind of surprising when you think about how much sugar's and fruit. I mean it's good. It's good sugar, but it's better than eating you know, candy, but still a lot of sugar in the.
Speaker 2: Pouch of processed sugar. Sounds good.
Speaker 4: Remember those what are they called pixie sticks?
Speaker 2: Do I?
Speaker 1: And remember not just the little ones with the paper, but the ones you'd get at the little league game. And they were about, oh, I don't know, two feet long, and it was plastic and it was about an inch of a diameter of sugar.
Speaker 4: It just straight sugar.
Speaker 2: And the little spoon paddles was also at a.
Speaker 1: Fun dip, fun dip? Yes, is that what you're talking about? Oh, I'm talking about the whatever you just called it. Oh, the pixie sticks? Yes, Oh, it was just the straw full.
Speaker 4: Of straw full of it, the plastic straw.
Speaker 5: No, I'm thinking of the something else. The there was a pouch and you dip you, yeah.
Speaker 4: That's the fun dip.
Speaker 1: And there was a different color h pouch was a different color of sugar, and then they had the white sugar sticks on the end.
Speaker 2: How do we have any teeth left?
Speaker 4: How the hell? This is why I've paid dental bills for my whole life. My parents have who signed.
Speaker 1: Off on fun dip like where was the FDA and does it still exist?
Speaker 2: Not the way it should?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, here kid mainline sugar and then try to go to sleep.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 5: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app