Speaker 1: The paranormal, UFOs, monsters, mysteries. You're listening to Talking Weird and Know from a Kevin Deep in the Northwoods, your host, Doctor Dean Bertram.
Speaker 2: Good evening on my fellow widows and weirdos. Welcome to Talking Weird on the Unsold Radio Network. I'm your host, Dean Bertram, and I'm delighted that you've joined me for what is a Brother Bomy night here in the north Woods.
Speaker 3: Where I record live stream the show.
Speaker 2: That's said as I think I'll mention it to the guests when he comes on, because I had him on near the beginning of the summer, and now it feels like he was just here yesterday and the summer is racing by. I hope you're all enjoying these last days of summer, finding fun things to do, whether it's county fairs or last days at the lake, or little trips or whatever your traditions might or might not be. Maybe just taking it easy, enjoying the evening on your patio or your balcony or your front porch or wherever you are in the world. If you're in the Northern Hemisphere, enjoy the rest of the summer. And if you're if you're elsewhere, I suppose you know, get ready for your upcoming summer regardless, I'm delighted that you're going to be with me for the next hour or so. Whether it's live at nine pm on Thursday, August the twenty, twenty twenty six, or whatever time you're watching or listening in the future, Welcome. I'm so delighted to have my guests back with me again. As I mentioned, I had him earlier in the summer. He's one of my favorite people to have on the show and one of my favorite people in this entire crazy forty in paranormal space that we are all interested in. He's also a renowned jazz musician and a paranormal investigator. For over thirty years, he has led the acclaimed Eric Mintel Quartet, performing at prestigious venues like the White House and the Kennedy Center and captivating audiences with his innovative jazz compositions. And they are fantastic. I've listened to him play and so it's spectacular. Beyond music, he has made a name for himself in the world of the paranormal with his hit TV series Eric Mintel Investigates, which is always a blast and super interesting exploring phenomena from ghosts and UFOs to bigfoot and dog man sightings, and his dual careers highlight his diverse talents and insatiable curiosity. He's also an incredible author, and we're going to be talking about his most recent book today, which is just fascinating. And I'm delighted to welcome back to the show my dear friend Eric Mintel. Oh my gosh, Bigfoot.
Speaker 3: In the house. I thought, good mate, I thought you'd throw it in a mask when you were in the green room for a minute.
Speaker 4: Then you got to mix it up, right.
Speaker 3: That's absolutely true.
Speaker 2: That's absolutely I used to I always loft doing that for my Halloween episodes, wearing something bizarre.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, oh, definitely definitely, man, for sure. Well, it's always a pleasure to see you, man, it's always always great to be on the show. You know, you and I are such like minded people, such creative individuals. You are doing so much which is really really great, so many projects. I don't know how you keep up with it.
Speaker 3: Man. Well, I mean you're not one to You shouldn't be one to speak, man.
Speaker 2: Because you were so busy with your with your music, your TV show, your books, and we're going to talk about your most recent book tonight. What I was going to mention quickly though, which I can't believe. You and I were discussing Disclosure day like I think, ten episodes ago, like it was the beginning of the summer.
Speaker 4: I know, right, it was just it was that, like I think the couple of days before it came out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that I think.
Speaker 2: I think you've seen an advanced, like proper advanced industry screen, the kind of stuff I used to see when I was in Sydney. Now in the boonies, get invited to anything like that. But my cinema released it a day earlier than the official release, and I think I saw it the day you came on or something, so we were both ready to jump into it. And I beat the hell out of that movie and you were far kinder to it. I did see the other day. Speaking of movies, I don't if you've seen it or not, the End of Oak Street.
Speaker 4: Did not see that yet, Exa, that's on the list.
Speaker 3: It's great.
Speaker 2: It's so yeah, it's speaking of Spielberg, it's better than all the Jurassic Parking movies put together.
Speaker 3: It's so good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it looks it. It looks it. I want to see that for sure.
Speaker 3: It's phenomenal. That was it was good.
Speaker 2: I think even the trailer of the well, the teaser trailer and the lead up to it was like Summer Ends on Oak Street. And it's such a great because it is the end of summer. It's a perfect movie to just see out the summer.
Speaker 3: It's right now, man.
Speaker 4: And that's what we were just saying, like how things are going so fast. It's like, you know, we were just talking. It seems like it was only just a couple of days ago, but it's like ten episodes ago already. So yeah, the summer has been crazy. We've been busy as hell with doing all I mean we're shooting video all the time for of the Pocono Television Network and have been loving the partnership and just having a great time. We just we did I mean, we've done it all. Ghosts, UFOs, Bigfoot. We actually have a Bigfoot video investigation that we did that's coming out this Saturday on PTN, and we talked to witnesses. We talked to a gentleman who actually was on a bike trail and heard a scream and stopped and looked around, saw this, like all this stuff going on in the woods over by this creek bed, and just like the Patterson Gimlin thing, all of a sudden, he sees this creature standing there like at six and a half seven feet tall, and he had the presence of mind to not only get out of there, but he also took a picture of it. And you could see this culture and we ran it through all the things like the AI to see if it was you know, fake or anything like that, and it's not. I mean, it's the genuine thing. So there's something there. And people have been seeing this creature in the Pocono Mountains for years, for decades, so it's uh. And so you'll see a lot of a lot of the witnesses, all of the stories kind of tie in together. It's really really cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm looking forward to that episode. My daughter and I always watch your show together.
Speaker 3: Actually, good thanks man. She's with her Momay night.
Speaker 2: My wonderful girlfriend, Samantha Crawsey was a guest just last week on the show, has been on a few times. She's here tonight and she sent me her heart. She always sends me she's downstairs. She's not in her house tonight, so it's fun to have It's fun to have her. Hey, baby, nice too. I'm sure you can hear me, even I'm not in the show.
Speaker 3: She can probably.
Speaker 4: Man, thank you. Dean's a great guy.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Eric.
Speaker 2: That's pretty sweet if you just say, but yeah, what we're talking about tonight though, is going to be this your new book again. I said, how busy you are paranormal in the Poconose there is.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's unbelievable, man, I mean, you know, and I you know, it started has already been a year in June. It was a year that we partnered with Pokeno Television Network, and you know, a real quick story about that. I had, you know, prior to that, we were doing a lot of videos for restaurants, pubs, bed and breakfasts and telling historic stories here in Bucks County and kind of going all over the place. You know. We went to Elcorn of course, and did the Beast of Bray Road, New Jersey Pine Barons and did a big Foot investigation in the Pine Barons and the Jersey Devil of course. But I had called I had seen a commercial on TV down here for Pokeno Television Network, and I saw Chris Barrett was the CEO, and he just looked like a really cool, approachable guy to just call, and I said, Hey, I wonder if you know he'd be interested in airing my show. So I called and we made it, and then it led from me getting the videos aired to having this incredible partnership. So we're really really grateful me Domick Satel who's our spirit medium, and Mike Striegel. One of these nights we'll have to get all three of these guys on the show.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'd love whenever you want to, let's do that. I'd love to do it. Yeah, we should.
Speaker 4: We should definitely do that because Dominic Scott some really create insights on when he goes on these investigations, like what is he tuning in on and what you know, how he goes into it where I don't tell him anything and he's kind of going into all these investigations cold, you know. And and for Mike, our cameraman, who initially was on the skeptical side, is now more of a believer because the very first video we did of the year was the Harry Packer Mansion in Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania, which is just in the Poconos, and the the Harry Packer Mansion. I don't know if people know this or not, it was the inspiration for Walt Disney's Haunted Mansion in Disney in California. So all of Walt Disney's guys were there in jim Thorpe looking at this house and they modeled it after after this, the Haunted Mansion, so the the the chandeliers inside. So that was our very first time, our very first video. And on that investigation, Mike not only saw a shadow at the top of the stairs, which is which a lot of people have seen this this entity, he also was he was getting possessed by the picture, by the painting of Harry Packer. Not possessed in an exorcist kind of way, but he was getting possessed. Whereas we kept like where is Mike, where did he go? And he's going into the into the room where this painting is. He kept being drawn into this painting and it was just like this kind of connection that he had and it was an interesting thing. So, and it was a very wealthy family that that initially owned the house in the uh turn of the century, and they were responsible for a lot of like Lehigh University, the railroad system out in that area, so they were very influential people and also in the political scene as well. So but it was a really really cool thing to see Mike have that kind of reaction, you know, because sometimes, you know, when you have. One of the things with my show too, I try to do, is I try to feature the cameraman, you know, because a lot of these shows, you know, they're always behind the scenes. So we always try to get these guys right on camera because they're seeing things that we're not, you know, we might not see, you know, So we get his testimony every once in a while, and just the dynamic, the energy between the three of us is great. And then we also have some of the people from PTN come on the investigation with us, Kate Kroll, who's executive in charge of broadcasting, a few of the interns come up, and Chris himself has been on some of the investigations as well. So it's it's really great we're doing not only the history, but all these incredible like paranormal activities that we're experiencing that have been going on for years that people had no cluees in their own backyard.
Speaker 2: I mean that's yeah, that's absolutely fascinating. Speaking of backyards, I have to share this with you. Last week is regular listeners and viewers of the show. Well, no, I had my girlfriend Sam on and we were talking about our ongoing strange UFO sidings ever since we went to at C five events back at the end of June, and we were talking about that extensively. Just now there was the loudest rumbling above the house. I muted you and yelled down to Sam, what the devil is that? Is that like military jets? It probably was, but it wasn't just like we normally hear one military chat. There were things in this and they probably are military planes. But it was a crazy loud rumble. Now like if I hadn't muted you could have you could have heard it. So yeah, here in even our northwoods of Wisconsin, the weird stuff we get in our backyards in our skies at night is crazy.
Speaker 3: And I love that about your show.
Speaker 2: I love how you go to so so many different places and you talk to so many different witnesses and so many different experiences, and that you're not just a ghost show or just a UFO show or just a cryptid show. Like, I think that's one of the great strengths of what you do, that you're open to all of this different subject matter and you take it all equally seriously and you go and you look at all of it. Was that something and before we get into the book more, I'm just cute because don't think I've ever asked you that before. Was that something you'd kind of decided on from the beginning, or did you kind of move into where we were doing just ghosts, but now we want to do this, or we were just doing UFOs and now we want to do this or was it were you always like I just want to do every strange tale I can get my hands on, all of the above.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think it was like, I think it's the fact of, like, you know, there's so much out there, let's let's try to mix it up a little bit and try to do it cryptids, ghosts, you know, UFOs obviously because UFOs is the hot topic right now. I like everybody's talking about it. Everybody's had these crazy sightings. So that's been Yeah, that was early on and early on in the show, I always wanted to be truth based investigating. So we always say truth without the gimmicks, right, So we're not using all the gadgetry like the spirit boxes and things like that. We're using Dominic his skills as a spirit medium, a magnetometer sometimes on some of these investigations, and maybe sometimes a EVP which is really just kind of a dictation device, but and maybe not even that sometimes and letting the show organically happen, you know, And with that that when you go into these things, and you've heard me say it before, I go into a lot of our investigations on the skeptical side, but and having that bit of the open mindset, there's stuff that hap within fifteen minutes, something happens. And I mean prime example was last night, Mike and I just finished a UFO video for here. It's called Witnesses Witnessed the UFOs here in Bucks County. We're setting up last night. We did a night shoot right here at the house up on the sand mound of the of the house here in the yard, and so we set up everything there. I had my cell phone camera on a tripod and I'm just I'm pointing it to the sky because I wanted to get some b roll of the sky. Well, I looked at the footage today when I was editing it. In we caught a fireball. I could not believe it, man, And I mean it was like it you know, it wasn't a UAP but you could obviously it was, but the tail on this thing was unbelievable. So right then and there, we're like, oh my god. And then after the shoot, we just kind of looked at the sky and we're looking around and we saw another shooting star. So there is I mean, if you if you take the time and keep looking at the sky, you're gonna see something. There's something there, whether it's you know, shooting stars or a satellite or something else.
Speaker 3: Right, you know.
Speaker 4: And my UFO encounter with the those five orange orbs back in twenty sixteen and then they disappeared. One of the things in this new video which I think people will like is we feature Bill Burns from UFO Hunters.
Speaker 2: Bill is literally so great whenever he's on your show. By the way, I get sopisode.
Speaker 4: Came, Bill is awesome, man. Bill is just a wealth of knowledge when it comes to all this stuff. And I could literally say, now he's my next door neighbor. He literally lives fifteen minutes from here. It's unbelievable. So but Bill, what Bill was saying, which I thought was really cool, is that we see these UFOs and you know, they're not wing, they're not coming from vast distances. They're blink They're winking in and out of time, right So there, maybe they're they're moving. Time is moving through them, you know, they're moving through the spaces in time, and then that's why they're there. And then they blink out or they disappear. So it's just really I mean, you could go down so many different rabbit holes with with the theories, but that's I thought that was really fascinating and to kind of think about it that way. One of the other things we did too is we were we went down to what they call the fuge, the Centrifuge over here in Warminster, Pennsylvania, and it was an area where Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin, John Glenn they all trained at this facility. Oh wow, this facility is where we won the space race.
Speaker 2: Is there where they spin the spin which is like in moonray Kill or whatever.
Speaker 4: That was. And I was inside this thing, man, it was unbelievable. I'm not going around, but it's unplugged now.
Speaker 2: But no, man, I would have paid as to say, you're spinning around and nothing like James.
Speaker 4: Bond for forty g's that thing could do.
Speaker 3: Goodbye, mister, mister mantel.
Speaker 4: God gone. So yeah, I mean, so this one's kind of come out probably next week. And like I said, the Bigfoot video that we just did in Jim Thorpe's coming out this Saturday at eight o'clock Eastern Standard time.
Speaker 3: Here. Oh nice, No, I look forward to that. In fact, I might wait.
Speaker 2: I will probably watch that with my daughter when she gets back from her mum's on Sunday, because we love watching watching your stuff together. We had a comment from Horace Smith after your fireball I mentioned saying because he's a he's a You might know who Horace is as well. He's a good good friend of the show, a guest on the show, good friend of mine. He's a professor Emorus of astronomy in physics at Michigan State University. And he says, my sky photo's always missed the fireballs, so he's quite happy. I assume that you've got one. Speaking of Horrace, I'll tell you a little horror story as well. I was mentioning as as we were talking about last week on Talking With and I just mentioned to you beforehand and Sam and make a Friend I have talked about a couple of times on the show.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Ever since we went to the C five events at the end of June, we along with people who been on my property with us, I've seen things in the sky that we quite frankly can't explain, like really weird things. Last Saturday, so we did the Talking With on Thursday and last Saturday we were outside looking at the skies as we do, as we've always had.
Speaker 3: Incidentally, we've never just ever seen anything.
Speaker 2: Until until after the late June Sea five. Then we went to and Sam and I have been watching the skies together for well over two years before that. But we saw strange things. Lights coming together, weird lights like they weren't satellites, moving in a staggering motion, changing direction, accelerating, all kinds of weird stuff. But we saw the most spectacular thing we saw was this super bright light that seemed smaller than the others, and it seemed to emit a halo of gas or was going through a lower with this rolling halo that blew out of it multiple times.
Speaker 3: Super strange.
Speaker 2: Anyway, as I do whenever I've seen anything strange, I run it by horrors because again he's a professor.
Speaker 3: Amors. If one of your good friends is a you know, an astroli.
Speaker 2: Professor, and you know what, he found out what it was, and it was a Global Star had done a rocket launch. And by the time it had done one you know, rotation around the planet. It was almost exactly the time we would have seen it because my girlfriend filmed it and we had the time stamp, and we sent it to Horrce and he said, yeah, I think you've seen globe and he sent me images of other people. It took him like, that's definitely it, so we could eliminate the most spectacular thing we saw. It was a Global Star launch, but the other things, you know, was horror. Will also say we just can't figure out. I'm happy if I can find the explanation for anything. I'm not going to go, no, you're wrong, it couldn't have been it was a UFO. I'm like, no, well, now I know it was. It's identified. It was a it was a you know, a satellite rocket launch, I get.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, and we we just had one of those here not too long ago, and you can now I think it's more familiar for people that they're seeing that kind of with that halo kind of thing, and it's the rocket launch. It could be you know, coming in going out, but yeah, that and then we've had so many sightings here, man, it's unbelievable. I mean, the one video that I got from the Gentleman right literally right down the street here, it looked like literally a portal opening up in the sky. It was incredible. I mean that's in the video as well. And ah my god, just that and then uh, you know, and then Starlink satellites too are mistaken for UFOs as well. You know, I took my dog out for a walk and I just happened to look up at it just at that right time. I saw it, like it was like a train of lights going in the sky. And as you know, how it is going down to get the phone ready to go take a video, boom.
Speaker 3: It's gone.
Speaker 2: No, it's I mean, it's always worth looking up though, And obviously the heavens have more things in them which we've made now satellites than ever before. But I still I really do, and I mean know I'm there anybody who listens or watches to this regularly notice I'm fairly skeptical and I'm fairly suspicious of the extraterrestrial hypothesis. But ever since that sea five of them, I don't know what it is. Sam and I have definitely seen some weird things we had. Matt Auckland, another good friend of the show aka flat Rockland, saying, hearing reports of Bigfoot running uppills at a steady pace, almost gliding, almost hints of them blinking in and out of this realm?
Speaker 3: Do you have that approach sometimes?
Speaker 2: Eric, do you like, are there things you hear and you go, this sounds like it might be as paranormal or as a ghost when you hear.
Speaker 4: You know, And that's a good that's a good question too, because or you know, a lot of people have seen bigfoot. Right, it's there and then it's gone. Okay, So is that we've said this before? Is it moving in and out of reality? Is there? Is it moving again?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 4: Is it a ghost? Could it be a ghost? That was another thing that another bigfoot researcher in myself we're talking about. He came up with this theory, could be Bigfoot be a ghost, and uh, it's just fascinating. I mean there's a lot of reports too, and a lot of Bigfoot researchers don't want to go with the Bigfoot UFO connection, but you know, that could be. There could be a connection with that as well. Somebody also said, you know how people, you know, you get the abduction reports, right, and why couldn't aliens abduct Bigfoot, you know, and and perform experiments and then when they drop it off they see the UFO and Bigfoot, Right, that could be that could be a connection as well. That's pretty out there. But you know, who.
Speaker 2: Knows, because there are particularly in the seventies said, well, lots of account even Bigfoot walking out of sources, they had stories in this is go write a book about this back in the book.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh I have that book. It's awesome. It's incredible. And I know Stan, uh, incredible guy, just and he's on it all the time. I mean since Kesburg he's been just out there. I mean, this stuff Dean has been going on for ages here. You know, these guys remember the Alligash abductions in nineteen seventy six. Charlie Foltz is still around. He lived well and I just talked to him yesterday.
Speaker 3: I went out, Did you mean on camera met him?
Speaker 4: No? I met him last year when I spoke at the Exeter UFO Festival in New Hampshire and I saw his presentation and it was great to see his presentation because I've always seen their account of the story on unsolved Mysteries and things like that, but to hearing from him was unbelievable. And this orb that they saw that was just like a sun that came out at night and came over these guys and took them up into the craft. It's the same report. I don't know if your listeners remember. It was maybe a couple maybe about a year or so ago, two years ago, but it just came out now. A police officer in Connecticut was doing his his tour and he was up by this reservoir in like mid Connecticut, I can't remember that, Middletown, I think it was in Connecticut. And as he's driving by this reservoir, the interior of his cruiser lit up so bright, and he looked out and thirty feet away is one of these huge red plasmoid type, and he said he could not believe it. He's looking at this thing and you know the light that's on the cruiser, you know the flashlight. He flipped the flashlight on this thing, and as he did that, this thing went from thirty feet in a blink of an eye to over the reservoir like half a mile away. And that's when he said he snapped out of it and started taking a video of this thing, and you could see this thing in the middle of the reservoir just kind of floating and going.
Speaker 3: How long ago? Sorry, Eric, did you say, it's.
Speaker 4: Just the report that he was just on NewsNation just not too long ago, maybe about a year. It came out in two, I think two years ago, and you just made the report now exactly.
Speaker 2: I'm fascinated with And he did you say he was a police or sheriff for police off, Yeah, Sam and I recently shot an episode of home movie Legendary, which you'll be not the next one we released.
Speaker 3: We're about to release one on the Lake Peppin Monster, but.
Speaker 2: We shot one in Elmwood, Wisconsin, which some people call the UFO Capital of the World, and some of the most famous sidings there were by a police officer, and it's interesting. It also brings to mind like the Loni Zamora Soicoro, New Mexico siding, like these sidings where police officers.
Speaker 3: On judy have an experience.
Speaker 2: It doesn't mean that I think police officers are necessarily more honest than anybody else, But when you're prepared to make an actual statement as a police officer that you've encountered this and you're trained to observe things, and there seems to be for whatever reason, those reports seem to ring with more of a than any other reports. When when a police officer or you know, a pilot or somebody.
Speaker 3: Who has the most to lose by making a claim.
Speaker 4: Exactly, Yeah, you're right. And that's the thing too. We when we just did this bigfoot video in jim Thorpe, we were at Machunk Lake and jim Thorpe where they've been having these sightings. We actually had a police officer who's also a bigfoot researcher with us and he's he's on camera talking about his research and the reports that he's been getting in that area. Again that go back decades, so we're gonna wind up going back there. I think in the spring because there is another report. This was dean this, you can't write this stuff. This was unbelievable. So the night of the investigation, we're out in the middle of nowhere and all of a sudden we look over there's a guy walking up the trail with his cell phone in hand, looking for us. He was looking for us. He wanted to show us this bigfoot footage that he got over this these ear How the hell did you find us? How did you know that we were going to be out here? And he's said, well, there was a newspaper story that came out earlier in the day and he happened to pick the paper up and that that buzz created and he was on a mission to find us. And I'm glad he did because he was a great guy and his photos were unbelievable. These tracks that he had in the snow that had like six foot strides between them, it was unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: So it was really cool. So he's in the video too. It was kind of like an unexpected surprise, but it was incredible. We were also in an area that the park rangers had said when we were down there, they're like, oh, yeah, by the way, there's a five hundred pound bear hanging around out here. He likes to come down this trail. I'm like, oh great, thank god I brought my bull whip with me. But not that that's going to do anything. But no, that it's a it's a great video. And man, I'll it's uh again. I always go at the end of the day, people are seeing and experiencing something. You know.
Speaker 2: That's an interesting question I have and I have a question from a listener in a minute of viewer in a minute as well. But when you're out, because these are some hairy places you go, do you take ever like bear spray or firearms or anything forget about for the bigfoot, for the like for the bear, or for the human predator or anything like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what, Dean, that's You're right. I should be doing that, and I don't, and I should do that from now on. I know I'm stupid when it comes to that, you know, especially when we did the Beast of Bray Road, you know, investigation. We had nothing. We had nothing but a flashlight or radio, you know, and not thinking anything that we'd run into anything, and of course what happened. We actually ran into the creature that night.
Speaker 3: We have speaking of Gray Road just quickly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have a question about it, So I'll throw I'll use that to segue and then I'll throw it back to you for you to say whatever you want to about about maybe being next time ago that Lee Hample's farm has had entities.
Speaker 3: That seem to be paranormal.
Speaker 2: And there was also a question also from spring Hill Jack Water who said, Eric, have you been back to Lee Hample's farm?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Great, and Lee is awesome. I don't know if you've had Lee as a guest on your show, but I show Lee's great. We haven't been back since twenty twenty two. We did a follow up investigation six months after the initial one, from October second through the fourth of twenty twenty one. We went back six months later and it was great. We had you know, we didn't encounter the creature that time, but we did go and have a town hall meeting at the local library there and we had over one hundred and forty people showed up to tell their story about seeing this creature, describing the same thing. But we are planning on going back. We were given permission to explore the extra one hundred and eighty five acres that's out there. So Dean, will we get out there? Man, I'm going to give you a call. Man, you should We may need back up on this one.
Speaker 2: Well, funnily enough, that was our the first home movie Legendship myself and Sam shot was was based to bray Road episode. Well, it's a fascinating part of the world. It's very strange. It's a very strange part of the world.
Speaker 4: And it is. And to answer his questions about things being paranormal there, we think there's a there. We think there's a portal there, you know, and you know the lay lines and stuff that are on the earth, there's an area there on that farm. I think that that is what's happening there because and the only reason I say that earlier during the first investigation, Scott our cameraman and drone operator. He builds these incredible high end drones and he was flying a drone over while we were doing a little reconnaissance in the area. Lee was showing us where this all this stuff is happening. As we're going across the field into what we call the bait area over in that field, in this big thirty five acre hayfield we actually disappeared off of Scott's screen when he wears you know, you've got to wear virtual reality glasses here, we as a group completely disappeared in this area. He took the glasses off. We were still there, but digitally somehow we disappeared in that So something was messing with the electronics in that area, because later on that night, Scott was also trying to connect the go pros and that wasn't working either. So the night of the investigation, none of Lee's trail camps got anything. On the trail camp, Scott didn't get any go pro footage, but we were able to get the howl and we saw the eyeshine and the weird mist that came up and then all of us, you know, and then I had I don't know I told you this, but you know, I never really listened to those howls on headphones, only just maybe about a year ago, and I was shocked. On the there was a series of howls. There was three howls. On the second howl, we actually heard a growl happening behind us, and Dominic was hearing all this rustling sounds going on. So I didn't realize how dangerous of a situation. We really were in and blissfully unaware, and then we heard that third howl and that was it.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: We were like, well, And then what got us out of there was when Dominic says, shine the light over to where we heard the howl, and there, about one hundred ft one hundred yards away, you could see eyes eyeshine going like this in the corn, like six or seven feet up in the corn. So something was there, and that told me we got to get the hell out of here. It's telling us that this is its territory. Get out of here. But you know, Lee's getting all kinds of other stuff on the property. He's getting orbs, these weird UFO lights going through the woods out there. And when I saw these lights, they were smoothly going through the woods right, And at first I thought, well, maybe maybe it was like you know, all terrain vehicles, you know ATV's four wheelers stuff like that, and because it kind of looked like that. But then it's the difference of seeing and you know how this is. You see a video, you're sitting there watching a video, but it's a whole different thing to be on site in those woods and know there's no way that could be anything like that because the trees were so dense in there, you'd have to move every second to get around the stuff. And this was just gliding very smoothly through the woods. And you know, it's one thing you could fake lights in the sky, but going through the woods, that's a whole different.
Speaker 3: Story, indeed.
Speaker 4: But it was. It was amazing. Man. So all that footage, Lee's got the orbs, these wee these even got like a terodactyl, a picture of a pterodactyl on the property. It's nuts, man, It's crazy. So so yeah, we want to get back there because Lee is such a great guy. Him and his brother Fred just really great, incredible people. Man.
Speaker 2: Let me let me know, because as I said, Sam and I did the first home movie Legend Tip. The first one was The Beast of Bray Road. We'll come down to do part two and we'll put no I'd love to put you in it.
Speaker 3: I'd love to put Lee in it as well. And we go. We have a comment. I didn't know it was probably Steve Ward. I'm guessing spring Hill. Jack Ward is Steve Ward, a very good friend of mine.
Speaker 2: And he said, yes, leave Eric were on my show The Highestrangest Fact is such a great show.
Speaker 4: Steve's great. Just Steve is so great, you just ask him.
Speaker 3: He's one of the real gentlemen.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that he made a funny joke before, and I thought, this is a troll. But he obviously knew you and was making a gag, so I didn't put it up on screen.
Speaker 4: But Steve, Steve's awesome, Steve.
Speaker 3: I love.
Speaker 4: Actually Steve and I met, believe it or not.
Speaker 3: On Bray Road town.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Me Dominic and Ellen Ellen Collins, who was the reason why we were all there. So we're on Bray Road and one of the things with Bray Road is that people are saying you can't park on Bray Road. The cops will tell you to get off the road. We were there three hours. No one told us. Ashley, a police officer came up and said, what are you guys doing. I said, we're doing a We're doing a Beast Bray Road video documentary and uh, He's like, oh, I have fun. And I said, well, have you had any any encounters? He said, now, but have a great night. Any Nobody bothered us, So it was It was incredible and that's where I met Steve though. So Steve was there, he was walking up and down Bray Road and so yeah, so we could literally say that we met on Bray Road.
Speaker 3: As only Steve would woke up and down Bray Road.
Speaker 4: And Steve, well, then Steve. I always have to thank Steve because uh, he got me in to speak at the Mothman Festival a couple of years ago. That was a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: I cannot imagine I got to get to the Mothman Fest one of these yees.
Speaker 4: God. I there in twenty twenty four, and I'll tell you, man, there was a mile long line of people waiting to get into the Mothmaan Museum in Treble. I sold a ton of books that day. I hung out with the guys from Mountain Monsters too.
Speaker 2: I was about to say, that's where I want to go because that sounds up. Malasia are going to be there this year or something. I'm like, I should take my daughter because.
Speaker 3: We love that.
Speaker 4: Those guys are awesome. Man. I hung out with Jeff Jeff row.
Speaker 3: Wow and will go to be jealous.
Speaker 4: And then when I was when I was heading home the next day, I was leaving the hotel who It's a foggy morning, right, and who do I see coming through the mist? But Wild Bill, I'll get out of town.
Speaker 3: Really, go Bill, I really, Oh my gosh, you know what.
Speaker 2: I'll be honest and this maybe shows my my Juno mindset, but Mountain Monsters would be my top five paranormal shows of all time. My daughter and I love it. My girlfriend has to suffer it because she'll come over and we'll be marathoning it. And Sam has to just sit there and watch Mountain Monts.
Speaker 4: There was nothing like when Trapper was on the show. Though on the show, Trapper had some of the greatest one liners. Man, it was just unbelievable. He was a great, great guy and very I mean he's sorely missed by a lot of the fans, you know. And but yeah, no, it's a great show. Those guys are awesome. And I'm actually trying to see if I could get Jeff and Willie and maybe some of those guys Huckleberry and maybe Wild built to one of my conventions.
Speaker 2: You should, because they do cons I know, I wish I knew the backstory, just because I'm curious, But I know that that Willy and Jeff Row have their own show now, and wild Bill and Buck and Huckleberry have there. So there's been I don't know if there's any animosity, but there seems to have been a split and three of them are doing one show and two of them are doing a different show.
Speaker 4: So yeah, now those guys are awesome. Yeah, they're great. And I mean, and you know, talk to those guys too. You know, I thought, Okay, the show is a little on the humorous side too, but these guys are really serious when it comes to the research, you know, and what they're doing. So it's uh, and they've they've jumped, they've come up on some things that you know, they can't explain. So it's really really wild.
Speaker 2: Now Matt Auckland wants to visit with us. When you come down. He says, where is Lee's Farm? He'll be willing to come and be the bait.
Speaker 4: There you go, Matt, there, there you go. Lee's Farms in Elkhorn, Wisconsin.
Speaker 2: So just behind Bray Road, like it just kind of is you have to kind of go around to get to it.
Speaker 3: It's just the actual strip right.
Speaker 4: And it's incredible property too, you know, And I made the mistake, you know, that day when we were doing the reconnaissance earlier in the day, I wound up baiting that area with steak bones the night that we had the night before and all day and all day and into the night. I'm thinking, hmm, I'm wondering if that was a good or bad idea and it was a crazy investigation Dean, I'll tell you, man, that was just it changed my whole perspective on what's out there.
Speaker 2: I've watched the episodes. They're really good. They're staggering accurately. We have a question from Horrorce for you, man. We're gonna be talking about your book. We're gonna have to segue there in a minute because we're meant to be in the Poconos and we're stuck in We're stuck in in wis concept Horror Smith, who I mentioned before, good friend the show. Professor Emorus of astronomy and physics at Michigan State University asks you did your crew Eric have jewel cameras to try to verify odd things that are seen from different cameras. It may be tough to do that in practice, but I know horror is an astronomer is thinking if you can maybe triangulate or something with different.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that would be you know, when you don't have a huge television crew budget kind of thing, you know, you're kind of down to one person on one camera. So that's kind of what we're dealing with right now. As much as I love that, it's always good to have two cameras, but now what we've been doing, if we're doing like a ghost investigation or even like a cryptid investigation, now I'm having Dominic on his on his camera walking around getting his testimony, what he's dealing with and what he's feeling and sensing, and then I'm adding I'm adding that into the videos as well.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: We just did the Jim Thorpe Visitor Center last week and my god man, we had so much crazy activity there. Dominic was going up the stairs and as they're going up the stairs, Aboard literally falls right in their way of them going up the stairs. Where this was the Jim Thorpe Visitor Center.
Speaker 3: But where whereabouts is.
Speaker 4: That one in Pennsylvania in the Poconos? Gotcha in the Poconoes. It's it's a town called jim Thorpe. It's a great area named after Jim Thorpe. The the athlete and but yeah, so this was a crazy and a piece of wood came down, dropped over. It was almost like no, you can't come up this up these stairs. So and we were joined by another medium that night, Michelle Gallagher, and she's been on a couple of investigations with us before. She actually owns in jim Thorpe owns a place called the Dimmick House. It's a bed and breakfast. We did a Dean This is another thing we did. I mean I've never done this before and we did it. We did a seance at this house at a house and we were all sitting at the table and people could see this video. It's called Eric ben Tell investigates the Spirits of the Dimmick House. And at the end there we have the candle burning. All of a sudden, Michelle is talking about the owner of the previous owner and with that boom, a big flame shoots out from the candle. And then Kate was there with us as well. She's talking about the previous owner and she says, John, if you're here, show us a sign. And you could see all of our hands are on the table. There's a big long shot of us. You could see no one else is in the house, no one's outside. Middle of the night, and you hear knocking your knocks and I heard one knock on the thing. But then in post I turned up the volume a little bit more to see if there was anything out there. Four or five knocks right after wow, and you could hear that, and you could see us all reacting to what the hell did we just hear? So something was there. So that was something. And all night during that seance at the end there we kept hearing things coming through the living room. Stuff was moving around, all this rustling. It was just crazy. And and then we of course at the end of that, people say, but are you afraid of things coming home with you? We Dominic sets the boundaries before we do that, and so did Michelle sets these boundaries and then all of a sudden, just you know, that's it closes it down, and that was it. But that was an incredible investigation too. And you know, I was more on the early on. I was really more on the fence and on this more on the skeptical side when it came to the ghosts. But now having done these videos and captured what were capturing on video, I'm like, what, there's a real thin veil from here to there, and you know, we're capturing this stuff and people are sensing this, and I also think that people are connected to the spirit world UFO's bigfoot. I. Whenever we're on these investigations, I eventually I inevitably say to people, you know, have you ever had any paranormal experiences in your own personal life besides being here at this location? And ninety nine percent of the time they're like, yes, I have.
Speaker 3: That's a good question, that's a very good question.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So it's a connection. It's it's incredible.
Speaker 2: And do you think I mean, given that you've you've just released this book, and given of all the investigations that you've done in this part of the world, do you think it's maybe what kil would call a window area or is this something about the Poconos that you think is particularly draws these kind of experience inswers or these manifestations. Is there is there something either geologically or orally or.
Speaker 4: That's a great question. Geologically, yes, Uh, lots of granite, lots of granite in there is a lot of limestone in that area as well. Limestone, for some reason is a conductor for these for these things, right, But that's that was one idea. But also it's a very very spiritual area, very much Native American Lenape tribe was there, so very very spiritual in that respect. You know, we've we've the Shawnee Indians have been there. You know, that's why we you know, they have all these different places, the Shawnee Inn, the Shawnee Playhouse, that's all of these places that we've investigated, and a lot of times Dominic will definitely tune in on those Native American spirits and people will see Native Americans in some of these spirit forms in these locations. So yeah, it's a very very highly rich spiritual area.
Speaker 2: Do you and it is the book do you consider like a companion piece to the show? Like is it is it? Does it fill in some of the gaps that you don't have the time to do in a television show.
Speaker 4: It does? Yeah, it's like it's like it exactly like a companion to the show. And so obviously we were doing the video and then it's a book about the anecdotes of that of that particular investigation, and you know, so yeah, we chronicled all of the different investigations and I got up I think I got up to fifteen investigations, so fifteen chapters. Yeah, and then we're going to do another one. I'll do volume two next year. When we do this next season, the new season coming up is going to be unbelievable. We've got we're going to be doing more cryptids. We're going to be doing another Bigfoot investigation up in Jim Thwart Machunk Lake. Again. This report that this guy to the name of Will Yerger and a really great guy. He's a new father. This guy has got nothing to gain at all by this story, but this is something profound that happened to him, and he wanted to tell the story. And look, Dean, you know and you know this too, we're good at discerning the truth from the bs, right, you know when people are talking and I feel like, you know, it's like a when you're interviewing witnesses and they're having this this hard time coming up with him getting goosebumps and they're having this something profoundly happened to them, right, right, And then to show the photographic evidence that he was able to get as well, so really interesting stuff. So he was you know, he was a great witness and I can't wait for this new episode to come out. But we're going to do more. We're going to do a follow up on that. A woman reached out to me who's been having activity on her horse farm for over thirty years. So this ties into another report that happened in the Earth nineties up there. So you know, people might think, what what is Bigfoot doing here on the East coast? You know, he was I thought he was on the West Coast. But I think Bigfoot sightings have been more per capita on the East Coast than they have in the West Coast, only because on the West Coast you've got a lot of areas that are not populated, right, so you know you're not going to get those reports. You may get the one straight you know, the standard report of somebody seeing that. But why you're getting so many reports out here is because it's more populated, absolutely, you know, and you're seeing and people are having this, So I think they're all over the country.
Speaker 2: No, I mean that seems to be the be the case. Steve Ward made another great comment in response to your when we were talking about how great your questions were about if people have had other strange experiences. And I thought about it funnily enough when you said it. But Steve's points worth rating for people who are only listening to the show. Steve Ward says, John Keele found that even the vidual has a UFO or cryptid experience, they likely have had paranormal experiences all their lives. So it's this repeat kind of experiencer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, totally agree. I mean, you know, the other thing is too. The other theory was sometimes could we as human beings be creating the paranormal? Could we manifesting that? Right?
Speaker 3: You know, I think I think that's likely.
Speaker 2: I think there's a there's a co creation element at the very least, there's somehow we aren't separate from what we're experiencing. And that doesn't mean there isn't a genuine anomalous external intelligence or external phenomenon to us, but I think we're far more connected to it than traditional beliefs have led us to to think totally.
Speaker 4: And there's just I mean, there's so many things now. I was reached out about maybe about a month two months ago, and we're gonna still do something with this gentleman he called me from Massachusetts. He said there's a lot of weird UFO stuff going on up in Massachusetts, a lot of it. He's been having abduction experiences since he's been nine years old, and he wants to be regressed and wants to find out what is what's going on with him. And I talked to him and he's a great guy. Talked to him and he sent me pictures. He just he's a sweet fifty seven Chevy that just won awards, you know, so he's he's he's a car guy too, you know. So, but he's been having these crazy experiences his whole life, as have other people up in that area. So now this is something that we're gonna really kind of look into.
Speaker 3: And again it's a good show. That'd be all of the classic cause as well.
Speaker 4: Oh exactly. But yeah, just to your point, you know, like there's something there that we're not creating. That's something thing that's happening, you know. And so but all these different things, missing time, abductions, it's it's got it. It's all like we did in this video. Like what I said to Mike last night, I said, Mike, you know, we'll never know, Well, like we might, we might kind of get an idea of what's out there, what's going on. But unless it lands right in front of us, we're not going to know what it is. You know, it's it's what are these plasmoid? Now? Now it's a plasmoid right form? You know?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: The funny thing too is to me at least is a big fan of Philip K. Dick, who's probably the most important science fiction author at least in my in my taste in the twentieth century. He wrote Blade Runner and you know, Minority Report, Yeah, all these kind of things. He suggested he had experiences towards the end of his life that seemed to be he was having contact with a non human potentially extraterrestrial intelligence, and he called that intelligence variously valus or zebra. And it seemed that these things were he coined the term almost for this, that they were they were plasmoids. They were they were a life form of a different, differently composed than we were. And in the exegesis of Philip K. Dick that another friend of mine, Gabriel McKee, worked on that book, which was something he wrote which was just his philosophy really, and that was it wasn't released too long after his death.
Speaker 3: In that book, he.
Speaker 2: Talks about how interestingly UFOs kind of behave the way Vallis does. Here it's here one minute, it's hit there another minute. It appears this way for one person, that way for another person. So there seems to be the idea of this, this plasmoid idea. And I saw I saw flat Rockland Matt Auckland comment on that before the the significance of plasmoids.
Speaker 3: I think there's something there.
Speaker 2: I think there maybe this isn't the life form very different to the way we think of life traditionally.
Speaker 4: I go back right, and I go back to a report I got uh from a couple on a ship in the middle of the Bahamas at midnight, they saw that what they thought was fireworks and here it turned out that it was these weird tweeting type things going over the water. And then it was like in there they looked like plasma. And then all of a sudden, a huge orange orb came out of the water and went after those things. So it's like, is this is this a new life form? That's the whole thing?
Speaker 3: Is this?
Speaker 4: But has it been here? That's the other thing. You know, the oceans have not been explored nearly as much as the space has, you know, so we've got a lot in our oceans that could be I found a very interesting anecdote when we were at the fusee. The woman told us, you know, fish can survive g forces fish because of their physiology. So with that, they did an experiment where scientists, actually a scientist got into water and in this like tube and they hooked it underneath the centrifuge in water and they spun the fugeon. They were able to survive thirty g's in water. Oh wow, So now Dean, you've got what do we have? Usos unidentified some meerge objects rights trans medium UFOs going in the water, coming out of the water, going in the sky. So and it was fascinating to be there because I'm like, I'm looking at all this stuff and these molded chairs where that's where the pilots would sit into these molded chairs because it would keep all of their blood vessels and corpuscles from flowing down to their feet, you know. But I'm like, where did they come up with this? Unless they had seen it somewhere before. And I always go back to Roswell. I always go back to what happened, because this facility it opened up three years after Roswell. So I always think to myself, could there be that technology? You know, there was a lot of things that came out of that fiber optics, you know, transistors and all kinds of stuff like that. Something to myself, could there be that connection as well? You know it's again, you know, I know I'm going down a whole one.
Speaker 3: No, I think it's interesting to me.
Speaker 2: It's a particularly interesting topic that the idea of these trance medium ships for starters. Ivan Sanderson, who was good friends with John Keel, wrote a book suggesting that these things might be from beneath the oceans back in the sixties exactly, but pre dating Ivan Sanderson, Raymond Palmer and Richard Shaver, who anybody who regularly watches the show knows I spend way too much time thinking about and talking about. I made one short documentary, The Shaver of Mystery, and I'm still making the feature documentary The Man who Invented Flying sources about these two men. But Richard Shaver said that there was this race of people he called the sea people that were part of the antediluvial races here and they had these type of ships, and everybody dismissed Shaver like he's mad, it's crazy. But now you see like Congress like hearings, they're talking about trans medium ships and you know, and I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, we have Shaver was here today, he'd be saying, well, I told you this literally in the mid nineteen forties.
Speaker 4: Exactly.
Speaker 2: I told you this before Roswell. I told you this before Kenneth Arnold even saw anything. And now you're like, okay, well I was already talking about it. So it's so funny to see this stuff coming like full circle to me.
Speaker 4: Exactly. Yeah, you know, it's amazing. And your document, I can't wait till you get that done. Man, that's gonna be awesome. I mean you've done a lot of research. You've done a lot of work on that, man, so you got to get that thing done.
Speaker 1: That.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's been I thought it would take me a year. It's taken me like four or something. I'm still going I did have a wonderful short out of it. I ever said you were linked to.
Speaker 3: The Shaver mystery.
Speaker 4: I don't think you did said you.
Speaker 2: Were linked to the short which is almost finishes fest run now been played almost thirty firsts at one like literally ten Best Short Documentary Awards.
Speaker 3: I'll send you a link, please do.
Speaker 4: That'd be awesome and people could get the new book.
Speaker 2: That's what we need to talk about just quickly. Yeah, let's talk about that before we say goodbye. Let's let's put this on the screen. So pitch the book a little bit more. Yeah, prize into the series. Tell me where people can get it.
Speaker 4: They can get it right on Amazon right now. And it's fifteen chapters dealing with everything from all of the venues in the Poconos, the Harry Packer Mansion, Shawnee in Skytop Lodge, all of these incredible, incredible venues, Sherman Theater and if any of your listeners are in Pennsylvania, October fourth, we've got a great, great paranormal convention happening at the Sherman Theater from twelve to six in Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, and that's going to be incredible. We've got speakers, vendors, We've got Gene Steak and Natalia Stico talking about her father sent her plans where they were reverse engineering Soviet UFOs in the fifties and sixties. Wow, incredible story. And then we've got Tom Carrey is going to be talking about Roswell deathbed confessions. Dominic and I are going to be there talking about paranormal in the Poconos. James Krug is going to be there as well, talking about crop circles. And then we've got Mike Famlint talking about Bigfoot. So he's got in the shadow of Big Red Eye. And it's a really great, great bunch of great vendors, great speakers. We're gonna have a lot of fun. And that's gonna be October fourth, from twelve to six at the Sherman Theater in Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania. And then my book is available on Amazon dot com. I've got a couple of books available. And then people could see us on the Pocono Television Network any night of the week. Every night of the week. We're on seven o'clock and you guys can download their free app. It's a free app and you could see it any anywhere in the world. And then new episodes are on Saturday nights at eight o'clock. And like I said, this Saturday, we're going to have the new Bigfoot episode, which is going to blow everybody.
Speaker 3: Away, madam. Looking so forward to it.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 2: It's always so awesome to have you visit me on Talking Weed, and I'm glad this time we had you back like we wereunning, like you know, ten episodes apart or something like now.
Speaker 4: Man, this is awesome. It's always a pleasure to talk with you, man, because again, we're all we're all in that like minded creative atmosphere, you know, and we and like everybody else, we just want answers too. We want to figure out what's going on out there.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: Ain't that the truth? So thank you so much for visiting with me, mate, I really appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: Brother.
Speaker 4: Let's let's do it again. And let's do it again and get all the team on and we can do that. Let's do that again. Let's let's talk about that.
Speaker 2: Let's let's do that, like not six months away, Let's do that in the next two months.
Speaker 4: Sounds good. Even before that, that sounds.
Speaker 2: Wonderful, sounds great, mate, And until I talk to you again, which will be when we get ready to prep that episode, which sounds amazing, until I get to talk to everybody else out there, which will be same. Weird time Thursday, nine pm Central. Next week, same weird network, the Untold Radio Network.
Speaker 3: Please keep it weird.