Speaker 1: Instead of strippers. They call them butler's. They came in lamp dances, suck. They break her feeding cake to her with what and these guys are wearing what do you mean with what?
Speaker 2: Did they put a little cake on the end of it?
Speaker 3: I went ef it with I showed you're gonna ruin it gexcept with some sweet pursuing it, huddled out Shawn Shank through the sewer. Kid, Now what chill in a day?
Speaker 4: Eagle?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're doing it. Three o'clock on the dock. Got a habit for my house, a golf status. Howard starting to get Crattit shows that enough multiply like a rabbit.
Speaker 2: Tune in, so out, crank it up, feed the habit.
Speaker 5: I hang out with her friends, rocking on the radio, my on Moy's kin skins, talking on them.
Speaker 2: It's oh baby baby, go kt.
Speaker 5: All up radio.
Speaker 2: Yes, you're listening to the world famous Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle. I'm Ben Rogers, joined by Jeff skin Waite. How you doing Skin? I am doing swimmingly? Ben? Why do people say swimmingly? I don't know. I guess it's like if you're swimming as long as you're not swimming for survival if you're just swimming leisurely. Yeah, probably the most pimping, like relaxed baller thing you can do. Right, Life's so good. I'm swimming, just doing a little swimming. You're doing swimmingly. Yeah, I'm just I'm just doggy paddling down here. Bro. So you were on TV today. What were you doing on television? Man, just just doing superstar stuff, making some appearance. No, as you know, Ben, Uh, the draft, the NBA Draft is Wednesday, and in fact, we're having a big old party, the Ben and Skin Draft Show from three to six, brought to you by our friends k Post Company. I think a lot of people have heard of them. They built the roofs on all DFW sports teams homes at and T Stadium, Globelife Field, American Airline Center, and they're the title sponsor of the draft coverage coming up on Wednesday. We're doing our show from three to six and then I'm walking We're in there. We're going to be in the inside the bowl of the American Airlines Center doing our show and then I'm gonna walk down and then the MAVs are throwing a draft party and you can hear all of it right here on ninety seven point one The Eagle. So our show three to six and then the Draft from six to nine. It's the MAVs coverage of the Draft. It's on YouTube, it's on KFAA, and they're gonna simulcast it right here on the Eagle because, as everyone knows, the Mavericks can't say this officially, but everybody knows they're gonna draft Cooper Flag and he is probably the best two way prospect to come out since Anthony Davis. Hell, Yes, come about ja, Yeah, come out to the Yeah not you know, I know it's Pride Month. Come out to the NBA since Anthony Davis. So that Ben and Skin Draft Day Extravaganza from three to six, live from the American Airline Center again brought to you by k Post Company. We're gonna go without music, like our entire three to six show will be no music, and we'll be very MAVs centric. Well, I'm sure we'll have lots of MAVs guests and analysts and lots of hype and we'll just be ramping up to our coverage and then that'll be simulcast MAVs Draft coverage from six to nine pm. Yeah, and it's such a huge event. There's all this promotion going on. So I went down to our friends at below and I jumped on, Good morning Texas, hold on with Aaron Hunter. There's no way this happened. You on, hold.
Speaker 6: On one overall pick in the twenty twenty five NBA Draft, and all eyes are on.
Speaker 2: Of course, Duke's Cooper flag. There is a lot happening to bring in the big night.
Speaker 5: So here to tell us so much more and what we might expect this upcoming season.
Speaker 4: Is commentator Jeff, also known as skin Wade.
Speaker 7: Good morning to you.
Speaker 2: Okay, hold on, so good commentators Commentator Jeff. It's like terminator X Jeff. She is very awake. Yeah, I was impressed. So the show is at nine o'clock. But when I walked in the door, I mean I could tell those people have been up for eight hours. Yeah, I mean it was amazing.
Speaker 1: I will investigate this full interview tonight and see if there's anything good for tomorrow show.
Speaker 2: Good. I don't think there's anything that good that I did. So that is the voice of Kevin KT Turner. He is here as well. Pride and enjoy of only Kevin. How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm well, ninety three degrees in sunny here in DFWK three five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, three oh five is my mom's most unlucky number. Do you know that? Did ever tell you that? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Random?
Speaker 2: Random? I don't know, like car Ray, I'll know another single person that has an unlucky number. Okay, I don't she had an unlucky number. It was three oh five. Three oh five was always the number she was most worried about. It was her You guys have one, no, no, Why was she upset about three oh five? Well, it's dark. So yeah, it's dark. So I think it had to do with an address. And it's a lot of trauma. Okay, and so it's wait to bring it up. Kat I followed her throughout her childhood and life. But I want to talk about I'm sorry about that. That just stuck out, stuck. I don't know why I said that. It poured out of my head, it did. I was just doing an unnecessary time check. Yeah, yeah, okay. So I want to talk about my wife. Skin and I each celebrated anniversaries with our wives. You guys, how many years is this? We have been married? Now for twenty three years. Okay, we've been together for twenty nine. Okay, we're married for twenty two, together for thirty two. So it's been a long, long road. That's a glorious run. And so a couple of things. My wife said this weekend that I wanted to to mention. So in KT you had mentioned you will go play pickleball with me. There's this pickleball place over here called Pickleball Kingdom right across so it's next door to Sofa Kingdom. So my son is back in town from college. He's he's now here for the rest of the summer. He'll be here and he wants to play pickleball. So we went and played pickleball today, and I was reminded of that when we went on our vacation, we tried to play pickleball with Cat, my wife, and while we were discussing like maybe getting the family together and playing some family pickleball, we realized that my middle son, there's no way in hell he can play with us because he argues every rule. He's Luca like he's gonna you can't even have fun because because really you have to come to an agreement. Was that in was that out. It's really just everyone's like, oh, no, whatever, and he's like, no, that was out, Like every call goes his way. And then I remembered how unathletic my wife was when she tried to play with this. Now she's in great shape, as you know, skin man, I'm telling you, but not athletic. And so we would throw her the little pickleball and it was the weirdest thing ever, like seeing her just try to catch a whiffleball. She's not an eye hand coordination, no and I coordination. It was you almost had to run over to the other side and hand it to her. And so we brought it up and she said, she said, in all seriously, she said, well, yeah, she goes, I'm not a sports player. That's yeah. I was like, man, she is my hero. That's the greatest thing I've ever heard anybody say. Yeah. And so she said, I'm not a sports player, and I was like, that's a fascinating thing. Man, I've never heard anybody say sports player.
Speaker 1: Didn't she have an absentee Father's probably teach her.
Speaker 2: To have it back to the trauma, Well, yeah, three or five hours. So anyway, some of the other terrible things that happened to your family. It's a common thing for us. But you know, so right after she says this, I'm like, this is amazing. Remember she she is the person who said a beef is a dead cow. Yes, and she's very confident a beef is a dead cow. Beef is a dead cow's right, and she was very confident in that. And so she was just she said, sports players if it was a term that people threw all the time. That sounds like something Gator would say. By the way, yes, who are those sports players that you're talking about? She immediately said, do you realize goats are coming into our neighborhood this week and to eat all the grass? Okay? Especially I guess is. I was like, I don't even know how to like, you're still We're thirty two years into this thing, and you're surprising me every day. And I was like, well, what hold on? What? Okay? So tell me what you're saying right now. What did you see that makes you think goats are coming into our neighborhood? She said, yeah, there's this, Uh, she goes, I don't know exactly where it is. I go, so they're just gonna come. Let a thousand goats loose in the neighborhood and they're just going to go eat all the grass. She's like, I think it's because they're not going to mow it. They're just gonna let the goats come eat all the grass so they don't have to mow it. I think I've heard of people doing this before in fields right all right.
Speaker 1: Now, like some neighborhoods that are burgeoning. Yeah, is that right.
Speaker 2: I have seen a goat with a weed eater tied to its muzzle, So that's crazy. I'll be damned she didn't send me a link from Facebook. Later in the day, cat Rogers vindicated a truck came into the neighborhood with hundreds of goats on it. Oh my god. And they felt like Michael Young. They fenced off this area, they let out the goats. It was a huge field area. They let out all these goats. Goats pour out of this truck and they just start eating all the grass. And I guess instead of mowing it, they just bring all these goats in. Do you know who's pissed about this, John Deere. Yeah, John is very upset about mister Kuboda either. And I know you guys won't look at links I send you, but I'm gonna I'll send you. I'll send you a link of these goats eating the grassn You look at that link, Christina and tell me what it is when he sends it. All right, we are often running on a Monday. We've got a great show planned for you. Don't go anywhere. We're going to crank up the wayback machine here in a little bit things that happened ten years ago. This week, we'll take a look at that. We've got the audio bubble bath going at three point thirty, a big slip up on an MLB broadcast, which is where it's maybe a warning to us of things to come. But coming up in just over three minutes, where are we going to go and things? Skin is tracking well, I'm inspired by something you just did, so I'm gonna also deliver some great quotes I've heard recently. All Right, that's coming up just over three minutes. Yes, it is the Ben and Skin Show, ninety seven point one the Eagle. Thanks for hanging out with us today. Don't forget Wednesday, it's the big Draft Day celebration. We'll be doing our show from the AAC Live Ben in Skin three to six, and then we'll be simulcasting the Mavericks Draft show right here on ninety seven point one The Eagle. All of that brought to you by k Post Company. They've been in the roofing business doing big things for a long time, so they are our title sponsor of our draft coverage on Wednesday. Now, I'm gonna give away a four pack right now to Kok Boom Down Baby. It's a week and a half away. It's one of the best celebrations man. Nobody does like Ka Boomtown And so we're gonna use the iHeart app. The first person that leaves a message on the talkback feature with their name, their phone number, their email address and can tell us what sport Ben was playing with his son earlier today. He talked about it like five minutes ago. If you were listening, you know him and his son were playing a sport and it was the same sport he once played with his wife when she proclaimed to not be a sports player. So if you know the answer to that sport, put it on the talkback right there be the first person name, email address, phone number, and you're gonna win that four pack to Kaboomtown. We have an amazing audio segment coming up here in like fifteen minutes with a terrible faux pas that was said during a baseball game and we will laugh about it like Beavis and butthead. But right now it's time for this O track, another edition of things Skin is Traffic. All right, I got a couple things here, but I want to get this in first. Today is the twentieth birthday of my daughter Maya. Yeah, let's let's clap fit her.
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 5: Is?
Speaker 2: She twenty twenty. And one of the things that I'm really enjoying is I'm really enjoying spending time with my daughter now that she's an adult. It's a totally different experience. I know you're going through this with Max. Max is going to be twenty in October. Yeah, okay, And it's just so fun to do adult things with your kids. You know. It's just a totally different vibe. And I'm still like parenting her because she allows me to, Like, my daughter will actually listen to me and her mother doesn't mean she does everything that we want her to do, but like she's she listens to us. Amazing, It's amazing, and I am enjoying the adult experience with my daughter so much. It's a blast. Does your son who's seventeen, does he listen? Not at all? Okay, because that's not a single thing I say, because mine, it's about to be twenty, listens. Mine that's seventeen, no interest in listening to anything. And then my who's fourteen. I can't even get her to drink water, right, because why would she do that? My dad said, drink water? What an'n idiot. I had a big, meaningful conversation with her after a basketball tournament. I thought I was like really delivering some good stuff. She was in the back seat, nothing serious, just like trying to give her, you know, mindset stuff. And Kat told me that she was doing this speed it up. I didn't see her. She was doing the hand motion for speed it up, speed it up, get it over with in the back seat. I didn't see it. The one thing that me and my son do love to do is we have some really good nerdy basketball arguments. Because he mostly disagrees with all my basketball opinions. That's incredible and so it's fun. I mean, like we will debate stuff and I do really enjoy that and honestly, man, he doesn't give me problems. Yeah, I mean the stuff that you and I did, oh infinitely worse. Yes, and he knows that. And there's also some stuff he's doing that I don't know. So whatever, But had you earlier you were talking about some great quotes that your wife threw down, and it reminded me I did. I don't think I brought this to the show. So if I did, I'm just old and I forgot. But you know how You'll be driving through the northern urbs and there will be a field and suddenly like, hey, here's a couple of developments, and then so there's a field and a bunch of cows. Yeah, okay.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: My wife is one of these people that gets real excited when she sees donkeys or goats or cows. She wants to go on vacation at a place where you room next door to donkeys, and then you wake up and you look out the window and there's just donkeys hanging out. Like she knows that poop everyone.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's gonna smell real bad, is that right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, y'all need to tell her that next time you see her, because I'm like, I don't want to do that. Well, she wants them to wear diapers. But that's fair. Donkeys and diapers. Honey, do you want to change those donkey diapers? But she had a really fight, and I want you guys to think about this next time you're driving around and you know there's going to be some cows around the corner. And she said this, and it's true. And now I can't every time I see cows and think about it. She because you know, cows have really poor spacing. Oh that's so good. And now every time I look like they're all standing together in one just they're all together. Space it out, space it out. What are you guys doing? God? Why are you guys all in that one area? Look how giant this field is. You guys have really borespace. Group think. And then I got one more because you know how you get the emails from the next door app or whatever, and there's a subject line. Yeah, I don't really want to have any other contact other than just to let you know what was in the subject line, and said, who cat is this? Yes, so those are things that I'm tracking. Cat is I can't stop saying that something you said to your wife? Also, all right, There you go. There's things Skin is tracking coming up next in the audio bubble bath, a big slip up on the MLB on an MLB broadcast that could be a fore warning for our show. Don't go anywhere. That's coming up next. Huge draft extravaganza happening on Wednesday. We're gonna do our show line from the American Airline Center from three to six, and then immediately following us, it'll be MAVs Draft coverage from six to nine. MAVs have the first pick in the draft. They're on a crash course to make Cooper Flag a part of this organization for the next fifteen to twenty seasons. That's magical. Our coverage is going to be brought to you by k Post Company Roofing, Waterproofing and Solar Solutions. They built the roofs on all the DFW sports teams homes at and T Stadium, Globe Life Field, and American Airlines Center. So our coverage on Wednesday is going to be music free. So from three to six we'll do our show with no songs, no music, or will be a ton of MAVs coverage just getting you ready for the draft. That is a huge deal. The MAVs getting the number one pick, and it's such a big deal that commentator Jeff went on local news this morning and talk to some people. Now, I do want to say this. We have a post up on Instagram. It's at nine to seven to one the Eagle on Instagram, and it's what movie traumatized you as a child, And I want people to go put their answers on there, and so I'm going to read off a few. We want as many people to answer as possible. Julian Rodriguez said, the Texas Only massacre, that's a scary one. The Texas chance On Masker? Is there anything about Only? That's like the small Towns and the Chan saw Masker movies? No, but I never saw the chance on Masking movies. So no, he's our buddy. Michael says, Tiptoes scared the crap. Okay, but it was somebody in the role of a lifetime HU comedy. Let's see Clint Clinton Gill says the People under the Stairs. Yeah, sounds terrible. I've never seen it. Keith TKR says, Poltergeist that traumatized me as a kid. Froyo Joe's had three clapping symbols. Skin Weight said the Omen I'm snoop the dog. Child's play for sure.
Speaker 7: Dude's signs was traumatizing for me.
Speaker 2: Yes with mel Gibson. Yeah, swing away. Somebody said Rosemary's Baby. Fancello said The Exorcist. Those are really old movies, Rosemary's Babies, like nineteen sixty eight. Yeah, Domestic Disturbance.
Speaker 7: So good.
Speaker 2: Anyways, Uh, there's a lot of very scary movies listed here, so get on Instagram, leave a comment. Oh a candy man, jeepers, creepers, children at the corn Wizard of Oz. Kevin Turner says, the hills have eyes. That was terrible. Yeah that's creepy. Oh good answer. So thank you everyone who's interacting with our social media at nine seven one the Eagle. But right now it stop for this sea. That is everyone.
Speaker 1: Chip Carrey is the son of Harry Carey, legendary baseball broadcaster. Oh, Chip Carrey's doing games for the Uh he's doing games to the Cardinals, I think, and uh so here he is, and the Cardinals are having something called disability pride night. It's kind of doubling up on the Rangers, who won't have a pride night. Do the Raiders have a disability to night. I have a disability Pride Night. This is a whole other conversation. We need to hear the audio first, but there's a whole other conversation that we had about this ability Pride Night during Pride Month. Do you think when you hear this that you should just think about this could be a warning for us moving forward.
Speaker 4: Disability Pride Night is Thursday, July tenth, with the themed ticket fans take home a Cardinals cat featuring the Disability Pride flag and Cardinals in braille details at Cardinals dot com slash theme.
Speaker 2: After What's happening.
Speaker 6: Lead that one top of the zone not open either, the one one pitch.
Speaker 2: Laughing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's hid three balls in his strength.
Speaker 7: Okay, so he was laughing and he couldn't get it together.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's what happened. You don't think he was terrified at first. And then they're looking at each other and the other guy starts laughing. Yeah, I don't even know. I'm not saying you did the wrong thing. I don't even know that you have to beat this out. I uh debated it and did it for safety measures. Yeah, but I you know, well.
Speaker 7: I would have dumped it. I would have freaked out.
Speaker 2: And no matter what I think, if it happens on the fly, you could make the case that it was an accident and it was a slip. But if you play it knowingly, then you're I think it's more complicated.
Speaker 1: That's what I I just I think you're technically probably allowed to because it is someone's error, but also not you know why not.
Speaker 4: Ability Pride Flag again, Cardinals in Brail.
Speaker 2: It's still shocking enough. The peat might make it worse. Actually, he immediately cracks himself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this isn't off Mike and said shockingly with aggression, you know what, Tom Brenneman.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And then I don't know if I'm going to broadcast again. Hopefully it's some of my friends and colleagues will step up for me and say that I'm a good person. I know nobody on the production staff will. I guess. If there's people out there a charity event that I got eight to attend, I would love the opportunity for them to step up.
Speaker 1: Cooper Flag is something that we're going to be saying a lot moving forward.
Speaker 4: Ability Pride Flag and Cardinals in Break.
Speaker 2: Can see how it could happen.
Speaker 1: Now, why is Cardinals in Brail because of the blind So it's not blind night, it's disability night.
Speaker 2: Now, it's just the weird thing where it is a promotion for something happening in July, but we are in Pride month now, and so that's where it kind of that's where it makes it extra crazy.
Speaker 7: So I don't know they're blind and gay.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm sorry he's blind. No, but that does bring up the topic because I saw some of that on Twitter. It is disability Pride Month July. Yeah, which you know, there's a lot of people who should have pride in their their situation, whether it's whatever it may be. But there were people that were confused that it was specifically homosexual disability was yeah, it didn't have to be a rainbow colored the Rangers like, hold on, we don't know, okay, okay, so okay, we'll do this. It's actually homosexual disability Veteran Pride Night. So if you're in that veterans that was part of the don't ass, don't tell policy that was wounded, we're having a knight for you.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: It is uh, But also, man, you know what I hate awful announcing they've turned into sludgefest. Dude, I know, but they're worse that Well. They were like, well, the guy's not going to be they had a story. He's not going to be disciplined for having a mistake with saying a word the wrong way, Like what is wrong with people? The guy clearly did not go out and say something disparaging about a group of people. His tongue slipped.
Speaker 4: Fagon Cardinals cat featuring the disability Pride again Cardinals in Bradude.
Speaker 2: The weirdest thing is that what's his name wasn't up to bat.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: The gap. But they are playing the Reds, aren't They aren't Cardinals playing the Reds.
Speaker 1: I think he's a Philly now though, I'm just saying somebody I saw someone say, Man, it's always the the reads.
Speaker 6: Just guy coming here, need that one one?
Speaker 2: Alright? All right there? Yeah, man, there's the audio bubble bath coming up. In just over three minutes, we crank up the wayback machine. These are things that happened ten years ago this week. Oh yes, it's the been in Skin Show ninety seven point one, the Eagle KT what's coming up at the top of the hour. There's something here that says the cubby hole.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it took a little trip over the weekend, and I can tell you what the locals in Pittsburgh think of George Pickens.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and other stuff. Okay, Uh, a man on the scene coming up here in twenty minutes. But right now it's time for this old bullfos. It's time to go into the bitter schedule Waybut.
Speaker 1: We've been out putting this in play and running it out, so we'll keep running out the ground ball until we get tired of doing it.
Speaker 2: Ten things that happened, A few things.
Speaker 1: That happened ten years ago this week, all right, and no order at all?
Speaker 2: Right, no order at all?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Did he got arrested?
Speaker 1: But well he had to fight with a coach at U c l A where his son was playing football.
Speaker 2: Oh god, I don't remember this story either.
Speaker 1: He allegedly fought the coach, choked down an in turn, and then put another staff member in a headlog but you know, and then invited them to the freak off. Luckily, everything's been great for him ever since. Everything's good.
Speaker 2: The new Spider Man was announced, and everyone was like.
Speaker 1: Huh when they announced that nineteen year old Tom Holland would be the next Spider Man. There everyone for a big loop because he's unheard of. Now this has zen Day in it right now. I don't know which one, so there's too many spiders.
Speaker 2: He's great, he's yeah, he's he's really good at it. Yeah, uh okay, hold on, you talk smack about him. He got Zendaia. Yeah, okay, that's what I'm saying. I think the Maples a taller, hotter girl. So didn't they be awesome? They met doing Spider Man, right, yeah, I guess so, okay.
Speaker 7: I was thinking of the other guy who did Spider Man, I mean Garfield. Yes, oh okay, yeah, they did too many. I was upset with that because it was just too soon. We just had Spider Man always more.
Speaker 2: But in the multiverse they're in it together.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I saw that too. Oh, I don't know that. Too many damn timelines. I can only get through the week. I did see the animated one, and that was badass so good.
Speaker 1: Also, ten years ago, Leonardo DiCaprio invested in a Mattress startup.
Speaker 2: Pretty good though, right, he couldn't hang with that one guy that who did you follow kt that guy with the mustache it's always on trial. Michaeldell, Yeah, Michaeldell, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Dude, he couldn't hang with me and Christina can both speak to the softness of my pillows.
Speaker 7: I love my pillow. I genuinely love my my pillow.
Speaker 2: Get another pillow. See what's up?
Speaker 1: You don't get good in the pillow industry having crappy pillows. He's the best crack addict to ever start a pillow company.
Speaker 2: Our guy screen Each.
Speaker 1: Went to jail for stabbing a guy in a bar brawl in New Year's Day.
Speaker 2: Rest in peace. He died in twenty twenty one. That's happened.
Speaker 1: We added some words to the Oxford English Dictionary on this week ten years ago.
Speaker 2: Some of these words were fauxshizzled.
Speaker 1: Oh no, that got added, stanky and sexten years ago, and sext and for ten years.
Speaker 2: What about our word? We came up with sexperts. I don't know anyone's ever used that word. That should be in there, right, it should be in there. See if it's in there, Guys, will you explained to Christina what it is? I don't think I know it? Would you not? One? Would you man explain to Christina what a sexpert is.
Speaker 1: Rumor had it Tom Cruise might do a Top Gun sequel that came out.
Speaker 2: Oh, oh my god, I remember when we did that on the show. I don't know if it was exactly ten years, but we've done that for years. Just looking forward it will this happened, and we, assuming it was going to be terrible, already doing it with Days of Thunder. Yeah, you know, do we do with another on Top Gun three the other day? I don't think this week. I don't think we're doing it with Days of Thunder. And also, lastly, ten years ago, this week of cat one Dog of the Year. Hey, what was it? Cat Dog? Uh no, cat Dog grow one of the grossest cartoons of all time.
Speaker 7: I loved it, though, but my mom said that every time we watched it. I don't know why you watch this gross show.
Speaker 2: It is gross. What was gross about it? It's a cat one way, dog one way. Its shaped like a big wiener. It's very strange. There's no butthole.
Speaker 7: No, it was a cartoon. You didn't think about that.
Speaker 2: How do other dogs sniff? Cat dog? Cat do?
Speaker 1: All?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: There you have it coming up next in the cubby Hole. Katie's weekend trip to Pittsburgh. What did he find out about the Dallas Cowboys while boots on the ground at Pittsburgh. We'll discuss next. Don't go nowhere, that's next on the Eagle cobef I do I lose control? Didn't ever know what nanks garth? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Uh So I went to Woodies homeland of Pittsburgh over the weekend and uh uh.
Speaker 2: Basically I've been before.
Speaker 1: I went saw radio Head there years years back, went to a to a Pirates game and then uh, like they playing the Reds. Uh, I think they're probably playing the Reds. Yeah, And my dad had been, my mom had never been, and it's it is known as one of the best baseball parks there is right now. Sometimes sometimes my parents take a weekend trip and go, you know, check out some ballparks all that stuff.
Speaker 2: So which also, by the way, I've heard Pittsburgh is an amazing beer city. It is.
Speaker 1: It is a huge beer city. It's kind of a small town, but it's very interesting. And uh, I get on that flight and I could not believe it. The a whole flight, like literally more than half the flight, it's people wearing Rangers gear really, which is like Rangers fever doesn't appear to be burgeoning to me.
Speaker 2: I'm not really sensing that in the Metroplex. And no, I know this is I know why this is. It's because people do very much like to do baseball road trips because it's three games and you can plan a bunch of other things around it. And the Rangers rarely go to Pittsburgh. Yeah, so it's one of those things where it's like, hey, they're going to Pittsburgh. We've got to do this, and then we can go to the Fart Museum or whatever. It's not like going like Finway or Wrigley. But I think it's like a notch down from that. Yeah. I have it ranked on my number it's my number two ballpark.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: Oh Finway is so good.
Speaker 2: But I mean, well, it's the football stadium that's right on the river's connecting right yeah, and it's right well okay, so it's right there. So it's just gorgeous on the river and it.
Speaker 1: Looks like f an Ai, Like it doesn't look real the city right there the river.
Speaker 2: It's just perfect.
Speaker 1: It doesn't look like the Trinity over there. It doesn't know, and it's pretty awesome. And there's you know, there's hills and things. There's you can if I didn't do it, you can uber up the hill, or you can take an incline up the hill. And there's a bunch of bars up there too, and you're basically looking down on the city into these stadiums. That sounds it's really neat. Have you been, k No, never been, so none of us are ever thinking let's go to Pittsburgh, right.
Speaker 2: It's like, you know.
Speaker 1: But the uber driver picks me up and he goes from the airport. I flew alone, and he goes, man, you got here just in time for the heat. Look down on my eyewatch seventy nine degrees. And I just just before I got into uber, I was thinking, damn, it feels so good. The atmosphere feels different here. And he goes, you got here just in time for the heat. And I went what He goes, Oh, yeah, it's hot. I was like, it's seventy nine. That's amazing, wonderful. Yeah, so good. It did get hot on Sunday, but I was out of town Sunday mornings. I was home by ten am. I mean about hot, how much was it? It got into the nineties, which for them. That's enough to fire off an extreme heat warning. In fact, they Rangers playing Baltimore to night, and I think it's like gonna be high nineties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know we got to have it. We're having a ninety three degree day right now. Let's all get get on a plane to go to scenic Baltimore. I would love to. I want to see where they shot the wire.
Speaker 1: So every time I would talk to a local, I would ask them, which, by the way, I talked to so many locals I took to like people from DFW a lot too, because again, tons of people from DFW there.
Speaker 2: You just run into them. Did y'all talk about the whole THC man.
Speaker 1: We didn't get to that. We didn't get to that. You stay downtown. Why we stay downtown? You just walk to the game. And they've got a whole setup where you walk over the bridge of the river to the game, traffic closing off.
Speaker 2: It's so good. Love it.
Speaker 1: But then every time I asked them about George Pickens, I got kind of the Michael Chicklists response when we asked him about Rondo.
Speaker 2: They give us the good luck.
Speaker 1: Every time, they Yeah, I like, And then if when I asked them about Aaron Rodgers. Their response was the single syllable laugh. It was that every time they think it's a joke, a guy actually put a bunch of money in and he's been been making signs about the pirates, but for Billboard money to uh fire Mike Tomlin.
Speaker 2: Dude, they hate Mike Tomlin.
Speaker 4: Really.
Speaker 1: I couldn't find a single person who was endorsing Mike Tomlin. He's there, Jason Garrett, except he actually won a super Bowl. Yeah, every time we bitch about stuff here like, oh, Mike Tomlin sound pretty good? I mean, dude, I was like, man, you might not want to complain. Our coach literally talks about ping pong all the time, like it's happening every day, ping pong and dinner and meeting their dogs.
Speaker 2: It's very weird. But you're not You're not a small talk guy, so it sounds like you were really forcing small talk on it.
Speaker 1: Well, not a small talk guy. But when you hang out with my parents, you drink and a little trouble keeping up.
Speaker 2: Lord, did y'all did you talk Geinny Paula Malu with anybody? Never got into like Steelers Hall of Famer.
Speaker 1: You know what there actually was one guy kind of a beating, uh stop down to have some oysters. And this fella could not stop talking about the time he met Fred Blitney coffee. It's just really hard to tell him I didn't care. I'll tell you, mister three times. Okay, So what about George Pickens?
Speaker 2: Are they upset that they lost George Pickens to the Cowboys? And what they were? They hated everyone.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm talking universal, not even a He's talented, and they're like, now he sucks.
Speaker 2: He's there, Christian would He's awful.
Speaker 1: They're like, he doesn't care, he's gonna get terrible penalties all that stuff. Now shot, he's calling him GP and saying he's amazing. And he's the last one off the practice field at mini camp. So we'll see the contract here. He's gonna be on his best behavior this year, no matter what.
Speaker 2: I want him for this year and then I want him to go sign somewhere else and when Bowl this year, and then you don't need to pay him. You got to pay Mike.
Speaker 1: Craft a wide receiver in the first round next year, and we're good. Biggest nemesis of the city is a guy named Bob nutting.
Speaker 2: Oh, horn Star.
Speaker 1: They are not nutting over nutting. He is the owner of the Pirates and he refuses to spend any money. And let me tell you the other thing I saw more than anything, Paul Skeen's memorabilia.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: People walking around with Paul Skeene's jerseys for a guy who plays once every five days. I saw multiple Paul Skin's T shirts where it's his face and his mustache all over the T shirt, but.
Speaker 2: Hashtags skiing team.
Speaker 1: Such a star and he really is. It leads MLB an e ra to grom seventh, by the way, but they are so I talked to it like an eighty five year old guy, and he's like, I don't know, I still come to these games anymore. He's never gonna sell the team, is gonna give it to his family.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He starts talking about Jerry Jones. I'm like, well, at least I think Jerry Jones kind of cares, and like they're going, we want Mark Cuban to buy the Pirates.
Speaker 2: Oh, he's from Pittsburgh.
Speaker 1: Who last story though, I met this couple from New York. We're walking on the bridge away from the Saturday game. So we're walking back downtown. A couple from New York. They have like seven kids, and this is clearly a Brady Bunch situation. But one of them they ask where you're from and whatever. Domond Dallas like, where do you live in Nolas? I'm Richardson And oh my god, my daughter just moved to Richardson. She's twenty two and a crime scene analyst. And I said why Richardson. They're like, well, that is a competitive job. Force you just take the job if you can get it, especially in that early and her first order of business on the job was a part of the team who was investigating the Kelvin Joseph accident.
Speaker 2: Wow, that killed that lady. Wow that lady who was a bartender at Benders and Richardson, a bar that I often go to. No.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that was her first, Like, moved take the job at twenty two in Richardson, out of nowhere, and that was her first. And they were kind of they're kind of funny people. They are like, yeah, we can't make her laugh. She won't laugh. Very serious to be a crime scene analyst, you can't have a sense of humor.
Speaker 2: Everything has to be serious. It would be weird if you are like the wacky crime scene analysts. It always a bit I don't. That's why I feel about like a Lasik surgeon. You don't want them to be wearing a Hawaiian shirt, cracking jokes. You don't need a lot of personality or have a laser beamong my eyeballs or solving this murder. Right all right, there you have it. There's the cubby Hole. KT's Small Talk Adventures in pittsburgh've been in Skin Show ninety seven point one the Eagle. This segment right here is brought to you by the Twisted Root Burger Company. Now here's the deal about the Twisted Root Burger Company. They just spent six months recreating, recrafting, testing and perfecting what we think was already a perfect burger menu, and they've added things to it. And they also have a new build your own burger option where you're the chef, you have access to all the topping sauces, bun, protein options, and then you show them how crazy you want to get with it. You can try this at any of their locations. They are out all over the Metroplex. Carlton Coppell, Deep el Amis plain O, Badford, Arlington, Mansfield. They're all over the damn place. And one of the cool, really cool things is when you go in mentioned. Just go in there and say, hey, Ben and Skin sent me, and bam, they're going to get you ten percent off your order because Ben and Skin sent you. It's beautiful. We're not buying your whole meal. We can't do it. It's too many people listening. We're grateful for that, but we'll buy ten percent of your meal. I got to do is mention us and you're getting ten percent off and every penny matters in this economy. That's what Kat was cornering me and telling me during the commercial break. But talking to a little small talk, telling me about Pittsburgh and talking money. Putting a pitch fork in your Adam's apples. He's telling you, yeah, yeah, we love Twisted Root. It's magically delicious. Enjoy it. Enjoyed the build your own burger menu, Enjoy everything they're doing. Get back to the roots of that magic. But right now it's time for this around the sports ktun queens as all the sports.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we will get to what happened in Game seven of the NBA Finals, and about an hour and fifteen minutes. But there was a trade yesterday morning as well. So Sunday morning news dump is Kevin Durant gets traded from the Suns to the Houston Rockets for such players as Jalen Green and Dylan Brooks and the ten pick in the draft and five second round picks.
Speaker 2: Your thoughts, I think it's so damn weird that you can have a blockbuster trade on the day of Game seven of your finals. Yeah, I mean, why wouldn't they just wait till the season's over. I think that's also further proof that there's not some grand conspiracy going on. Yeah, I mean, like Oklahoma City and Indianapolis are in the finals, Like, are either one of them top twenty five markets? What mark is Indianapolis about thousand? Yep. So it's just amazing to me that on the day of Game seven, and it's been a good series, it's been a really good series, that you have a blockbuster trade for the number eight all time score in league history. Like, man, this league is fricking nuts. Who won the trade? In your opinion? For me, personally, I think Houston dominated this trade. I mean, really, like go back and look at what Phoenix gave up for Kevin Durant, and now look at what they're sitting on. I mean that it's been a bet and this is this is par for the course. I mean, Cuban to a lesser degree. But man, every rich guy that dominated some industry comes in. Man, come on, and in the case of their owner, you know, he played college basketball at Michigan State and he I know basketball, I made eight billion dollars in mortgages or whatever he made. Come on, man, let me show you how it's done. And all these rich guys come in and may two years later they're begging for relief. I fired three coaches in three years. My team as old as f I have no assets to rebuild my team. And I did this in like less than twenty four months. They all do it. The guy in Sacramento, remember when he was gonna, He had coached his daughter's basketball team, and so he was given ideas to the and then suddenly Vlade has just run the team into the ground. I mean, they all do it. They're egomaniacal rich guys. They think they know everything, and they come in and all guys like Sam Presty or these other like real methodical team builders go oh, Haha, the cocky guys pulled it out great, hey man, Yeah, come take advantage of me, and then eighteen months later they're begging for relief. So I know that's a long winded way to say. Houston just added Kevin Durant to their team and didn't give up one of their four best players. Crazy. That's pretty good, dude, And they were the number two seed last year. You can make an argument based on talent that Jalen Green was one of their top four players, but they have other players. They would rather have him the starting lineup than him, and they're gonna have to pay him big money in a year or two anyways. So they're just like, dude, when we were in the playoffs and it was crunch time, we couldn't turn to Jalen Green to get a bucket. Now they're going to turn to the eighth all time score in NBA history. That's one rings. Does it make sense for another team in the West to go all in right now?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 2: Because the West is already so stout. I mean, I think that's fair. But as good as Oklahoma City is, I know this sounds stupid because they just had a dominant year. I look at them, and I, unless Chet Holmgren makes a giant leap, I don't think they're this unbeatable jug or not. I think they're really good, and I think they're poised to be really good for a long time. But I don't think this is like, I don't know, like some dynasty like the Spurs had, right or when you know, when you looked at Shaq and Kobe that looked unbeatable. I don't think it's that. And so I agree, Houston, Santonio, Dallas, Oklahoma City, those are your top four teams in the West next year. And I'm not even talking about Minnesota or Denver, I mean or La with Luca dh It's insane, it's nuts, and the East is weak and now the East is injured even more. All right, Coming up next, it's a news quiz followed by the Today Game, followed by Jaws turning fifty. All that's coming away in the Ben and Skin Show. Next, it's the Ben and Skin Show, the only show in the netflex with the balls to ask who cat is this? This segment's brought to you our buddy, brought to you by our buddy, Rodney Anderson. Rodney Anderson give him a call if you have questions about do it a cash out refinanswer, you're just curious about what your options are. He's an easy guy to talk to him. We talked to him earlier today nine five fifty two hundred nine seven nine eight five fifty two hundred. You may have a bunch of debt, but you might have equity in your house. You won't know until you call Rodney just to pick his brain, get his advice fifty two hundred. But right now it's time for this. Give me that moves quickie. This is a story from the weekend. As we have had a death.
Speaker 1: Fred Smith died at the edge of eighty one. I'm sorry eighty Fred Smith is the guy who founded FedEx. Do you know anything about this guy?
Speaker 2: Is?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: He hired Tom Hanks and then Tom Hanks crashed. That's what the reference. Yeah, I saw the last twenty minutes of That's a good movie.
Speaker 1: I like those twenty minutes that I saw. Fred Smith, by the way, yes, ten kids. One of his sons is former Falcons head coach current Pittsburgh Steelers offensive coordinator Arthur Smith.
Speaker 2: All let's go.
Speaker 1: So a tough year for Arthur Smith as his dad died, and now he's got to deal with Aaron Rodgers. Fred Smith Fedix obviously huge, but kind of a wild story. FedEx would not be around if it wasn't for some good luck from old fred Smith, because in nineteen seventy three, that's when they launched, but they didn't have a lot of money. In fact, they were running out of money, and one investor meeting had gone so poorly that he hopped on a plane with the remaining five thousand dollars that the company had and played blackjack.
Speaker 2: God, this guy's a hero.
Speaker 1: And he came home from Las Vegas with twenty seven thousand dollars. Yes, so five thousand down twenty seven thousand dollars back, and it was enough to keep the company going for another couple of weeks, and then they raised enough money.
Speaker 2: He's the Everly Jones of shipping. God. She did say she put five grand on a hand, right, yeah, and which means it's probably ten yeah.
Speaker 1: Right now, it is illegal to take company funds and go gambling with that, but in nineteen seventy three you're not frowned upon.
Speaker 2: But I question that too much. I don't know that there were rules in nineteen seventy three, were there. I don't think so. For anything, I don't really think there were.
Speaker 1: Honestly, it's now a fifty billion dollar company, so they've done well, doing pretty good. Now there's a thing I was thinking about some other companies who had good luck. Zoom had such good luck. I mean, Covid was so good for Zoom. We were still talking about Skyping. We were talking about, well, that's really the two I guess, yeah, But there were all the ones who were trying to get out there.
Speaker 2: Zoom without the pandemic.
Speaker 1: I don't know what they are, dude, Microsoft without IBM, there is no Microsoft.
Speaker 2: I was saying about Twitter.
Speaker 1: Twitter is a side product project from some bros, you know. And then all of a sudden, Oh, the Internet starting to take off and people are fund to bike social Facebook happens, Oh we can do a.
Speaker 2: Little more with that.
Speaker 1: You're just all good luck, and that's really good, but no better luck than winning at blackjack was such a fun game. But to come out of that up twenty two K to keep the company going, you're a celebrity.
Speaker 2: Death of the Win's great man.
Speaker 1: Sorry to Ralph Mick of a bad company at the age of eighty one who died. Fred Smith is our celebrity death of the week. All right, thank you, Kevin. We've got Jaws' is turning fifty.
Speaker 2: We'll talk a little Jaws A big news for Texas. This is a decision made by lawmakers and then we'll get into the NBA Finals. All that's coming your way in the five o'clock hour the' been in Skin Show. This segment's brought to you by our friends at Andrews American Pizza Kitchen in Plano, Texas. So unbelievably good. It was named best pizzeria and all of DFW by readers of the Dallas Morning News. If you're a foodie, you like traveling around the metropolites going to the best, you know, restaurants, who wanted the best tacos, best pizza, best breweries, those types of things you really covet that, Get out to Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen in Plano. It's at Preston and Plano Parkway. Again, they've mastered five different types of pizza and people are raving about Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen in Plano. But right now it's not for this juicy news hot Gods, every Stay on the Top in the Chu.
Speaker 1: Last Friday was the fifty year anniversary of the movie.
Speaker 2: Jawls Bump Bump Bom June twenty, nineteen seventy five. I think it's my favorite movie of all time. Really, I mean, I just freaking love that movie. It terrorized my entire childhood and still still lives rent free in my brain. And we went to Turks and Caicos and you know, there's no Great white sharks there, but dude, when you're just in the water, you just feel so vulnerable. You can't hear anything. It's it's hard to see what's in there. And since you don't hear, like since they don't have like tap shoes on, and you're not you know, on a hard floor, you wouldn't know if they snuck up on you. And you see footage sometimes of people swimming and their sharks swimming all around them and they don't know. I don't know if y'all seen like the footage of the great white that like sneaks up behind a guy who's scuba diving and like nudges his head and the guy had no idea there was one right behind him. I've never seen that. But dude, there have been times I've been in a deep swimming pool, like an Olympic sized swimming pool. It's a humble bragger, yeah, man, And I've like, in my mind it was like, you're a little notable right now. It could be a great white in here. Now it's a swimming pool. They don't like chlorine. And you would have been what ten when he saw this, you know something like that. I mean, we didn't see it in the theaters, right, it would have been, it would have been. It probably made its way to network television, I would think, because they used to make the over the weekend. They used to take ABC movies and edit them for television. Then they would say edited for television. So I would imagine the first time either one of us saw Jaws was probably on network because Jows came out in what's seventy five? Yeah, yeah, yeah, But dude, it's it's such a perfect combination of terrorizing you. The acting is great, the casting is great, and the soundtrack is great. The music is incredible. It's an incredible movie. It certainly changed Spielberg's life forever, and man, he had a lot of doubters as that thing was being filmed. There's a really amazing book called Easy Writers Raging Bulls about cinema. It's maybe my favorite book, not because it's so well written, just because I love that time period nineteen sixty seven to nineteen eighty one when directors ruled Hollywood. They were in charge, and so it's got a lot of stuff about Spielberg, Scorsese, Freakin Lucas, all these people and how they rose to fame, and the Steven Spielberg was in over his head. He was freaking out. And it was also the first movie they ever ran commercials for on television to market it. Now, it was the first, so it's technically the first ever quote unquote blockbuster.
Speaker 1: So he came to Dallas in March of nineteen seventy five, so three months before the movie was released for a sneak preview to people, because he wanted to get audience reactions. So he would go to a couple of the big cities and Dallas is one of them, and he was in the back of the Medallion Theater. The Medallion Theater, by the way, is now at Cohles, so it is not holding held up well. So he's in the bag just watching it. I don't even know if it was announced that he was there. The article did not say nobody would have known who was back then. And when Alex Kintner gets eaten by the shark, there's some movement in the crowdler that he notices. He said, a man got up and started walking out, and then he began running, and I could tell he was headed for the bathrooms. But then he didn't make it, and he vomited all over the floor. Oh my god, what have I done? What kind of movie have I made? A man is just barfed because of my film? But the great news was about five minutes later the guy went back to his seat and finished watching the movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so he paid his three dollars.
Speaker 1: He said that he heard the first you know, screams of people watching Jaws. Liked it so much he came back and did a showing of Close Encounters of the third kind. Great movie got another good response in Dallas. So he's like, hell, Dallas loves my stuff. If I'm coming back in nineteen seventy nine for the movie nineteen forty one, and it definitely flunked the screen test, and he has never been back to Dallas.
Speaker 2: Since it was a very disappointing movie for young skin to watch. He had good parts to it. Yeah, but man, when you were ready for Blushi and boy, Spielberg's involved and he's basically making a movie about World War Two, You're just looking at this thing, going, what what's happening right now? And then a giant didn't that the one of the giant ferris wheel goes down the boardwalk and into the water. Yeah. Yeah, had Tim Matheson in it. He was from Animal House, so he wrote from Animal House, tend to do a comedy movie about World War Two. It was like a farcical world. Oh my god, shut up in drama Spielberg. It was not good.
Speaker 1: Well that he didn't because it wasn't good and no one liked it. He didn't come back. But I thought that was really cool that he showed Jaws three months before it premiered anyone. He showed it to Dallas, and Dallas was like, yeah, one goat put heh yeah, all right, ralphed everywhere Jaws is fitty.
Speaker 2: By the way, we asked a question on our Instagram account ninety seven to one the Eagle, what is a movie that traumatized you as a kidd o, do us a favorite Get over there and answer that question and maybe we'll read the best answers on the air. All right, Coming up next, a bill got blocked. It could be good for Texans. We'll discuss in just over three minutes. Don't go anywhere. That's next on The Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle Bo Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle Don't forget Big Draft party on Wednesday, and we are going to be doing our show live at the AAC. It's the Ben and Skin Draft Party from three to six, brought to you by the k Post Company. Those fine folks built the roofs on all DFW sports teams homes at and T Global Life Field and American Airlines Center, and they are sponsoring our draft coverage this year, not only our draft party from three to six, but then right after the Mavericks Draft Party at the AAC will be simulcast right here on ninety seven point one The Eagle, the Home of Dallas Mavericks Basketball from six to nine, all brought to you by the k Post Company. We will talk a little NBA fils here at the bottom of the hour. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 1: And now it's time for ba's weekday up Day, featuring veteran news anchor kt fun tweets.
Speaker 6: Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 2: Here, Kevin's not here today.
Speaker 1: I'm Senate Bill three, and I would like to ban the possession, sale, and manufacture of all THC products.
Speaker 2: Miss Picky Babe. Sorry that was dumb.
Speaker 7: H that was really good the bill, not you.
Speaker 1: This would also include Delta, a THHC, which Texas lawmakers in twenty nineteen were like, hey, fine, yeah, we can have it. They legalized it then. So last night was the deadline. Governor Greg Abbott's got all these bills standing on his desk and he's reading them and he's been getting letters from all kinds of people. He said, I'm gonna call here, I can get up to that midnight deadline, and he decided to veto the THCHC ban bill. So for now, Wow, this multi billion dollar hemp you know, industry gets to survive another day. Fifty five thousand jobs is saved for now. Of course, he's in their clappings are hell yet?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 7: Saving jobs? Saying job more jobs in this economy.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 1: This also will benefit military veterans, anyone who's dealt with some traumatic stuff and they rely on these THHC products, you know, to help them get through.
Speaker 2: So I think this is one of the most fascinating things that's happened in Texas politics in a long time. I absolutely thought this was going to get banned. Well, you know him, he's never really said anything about it, and the fact that he stayed out of it is an indication that, you know, he's not going along party lines on this, and there are things to consider and it is a complex issue. And you know, you guys have heard me say this a million times on the air. I thought weed and gambling would be legal in Texas much sooner rather than likeater because of the economic impact. And I'm like, this is a very red state, and for the most part, economics is what drives, you know, the red constituency. And we have this independent state that operates autonomously for all these reasons for business purposes. But this is their unique area where a lot of people want to put morality into this sort of thing. And so the fact that Abbot held out to the last minute and then vetoed it and said, hey, we need to do a special session in July. To me at least as an indication, He's like, I'm not on board with this. We are letting a part of our party, you know, strictly the red because this is Texas man, the moral part of the party. Ramrod something home that a lot of us don't necessarily believe in. We need to talk through this and we're not just going to let Dan Patrick pound the table and get what he wants. This is really unique that Abbot waited to do this and did it the way that he did. More powerful of those two guys. That's a great question. It really comes down to the money that's backing them, and in a lot of cases, you know, it's a lot of the same money that's backing them. But you know, KT had this article from Texas Monthly that he read last week talking about and like if you, if you, if your family's been from Texas for a long time like mine has, you probably have some Baptist roots in your family. I do, and that's always had a really strong foothold in the rural areas of Texas, and so things like gambling and alcohol, Like, dude, remember Ben when you couldn't buy out when we were junior, you couldn't buy alcohol on Sundays. Yeah, and I you know, we've had friends who, you know, I never knew too much about it, but we have had friends who are like practicing Baptists, and they'd be like having to go over in the shadows to they don't want to be seen drinking. They don't want to seem to be drinking publicly. But they did drink public If they did drink, if Uncle Johnny was out of family function, there was no alcohol. If Uncle Johnny wasn't there, the booze was flowing, baby. And so my whole point is that, you know, that's a strong part of the Red part of our state is the old Baptist constituency, and they very much are not against They're verymuch not down with gambling, not down with THC, not down with alcohol, and a lot of those things. And it's a political rub and it's not one of those things. It's just cut and dry that all Republicans believe the same on because there is a lot of money. And also in general Red states are very very pro military, and dude, I can't tell you how many dudes I know that we're in the military that smoke because yes, because of the stress. Yes, yeah, And so it's just there's new ways of thinking about things that don't go along with the old guard. And you know, I give kudos to Abbott for not just rubber stamping this beacuse because he's because there's such a strong part of and quiet on the marijuana talk because he doesn't agree with it. Yeah, and we're in an era when we were younger, people in the same political party could disagree on stuff. It was healthy. It's how laws get made, it's how you find consensus. Now everyone's scared to go against anybody in their own part. But by the way, let me just say weed's not legal. Hundreds of this conversation could lead your wrong way to do right. Delta eight TC is just a it's a it's a.
Speaker 1: Form of tac You can come down with CBD or someone else that's like less psychoactive. So that's just that's important to say, like this, like weeds free now. But it's like those drinks that we talk about, CBD gummies and things like that, and a lot there's a lot of shops, you know, and places like that.
Speaker 2: So crazy stuff dude. Yeah, all right. Coming up next, we'll catch up on sports. Let's talk Game seven of the NBA Finals DFW. That's coming up next.
Speaker 4: Reach down and grab a couple of lump tomatoes.
Speaker 2: It's time sports ketchup. Catchup on sports. Sports catch ketchups. That's great, man.
Speaker 1: You guys watched the game last night, which one man, I love sports this weekend.
Speaker 2: I think Oklahoma City is quite possibly the least likable champion ever. I was thinking about this earlier. I just dislike them so much. I just, you know, Shay is brilliant, obviously, but man, he's such a foul hunter. They're such floppers. They're flop gods. I hate lou Dort. I think he's a dirty player, the Shenanigans and stuff he does, and they're so corny and cheesy with the way they all do their interviews together. I'm just not a fan. And maybe it's just because they're so good and so young, and they're gonna be good for so long and they're a MAVs rival, but I find them to be wildly unlikable. And I was thinking about it. I think the the old Miami team with Lebron and d Wade and Bosh, that's probably more dislikable. Oh yeah, for sure, more unlikable. The cheating Astros, probably more unlikable any Laker team ever, and the and the uh. I was thinking probably Brady just because they won so much, and he was just the he's so brady. But man, I think they're one of the least likable champions. Ever, how do you feel about him? Tizzle? Ummm, I won't know that I would take it that far back.
Speaker 1: I can tell you that I was actively pulling for the Pacers, and then I ramp that up times ten.
Speaker 2: When Haliburton got hurt. That was just so gutting, it really was. It's just so gutting for him to tear his achilles in Game seven when the score is still close, there's still drama, and you wanted to see what was going to happen late in the game when the team that's supposed to win, which is aren't they the second youngest NBA champion ever? Think so, Yeah, they're the second youngest NBA champion ever. I wanted to see how they were going to handle it. And not only do you have, first of all, the really horrible, sad part of what's gonna happen to Tyrese Haliburton over the next year. But then also, I mean it's like everything undercut. Game seven, the huge Kevin Durant trade. Yeah, Sean Sweeney announcement. Oh, by the way, there's a Game seven going on. The NBA is the most transactional league ever. A team that was in the finals made a trade while the finals were going. That shouldn't be happening. That's insane. The Pacers made a trade with the Pelicans over one of their first round picks during the finals. It's so weird, but that is what fuels the league. Man, it's old transactions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it wouldn't have hurt the league if the Kevin Durant trade news came out on Wednesday. I agree with Thursday, and I agree that no reason for that yesterday before Game seven.
Speaker 2: But dude, I think about the Achilles injury is my biggest concern just as a human. Yeah, I just don't want you know, I played pickaball today and I was so scared of my achilles. How do you go anytime I played basketball? I beat my son, So you know, it's good kind of kind of a bad as Yeah, but you know, I think about you know, Haliburton now ripping tering his achilles, Dame Tatum and or all these guys fighting through strained calves too, where they're like trying to play through because KD back in the day, right, ight, so, but Luca had three strained calfs in two years, and I'm like, okay, man, I get some of that concern over that, but you know, it just seems like it's happening more and more often right now. Yeah, And it's, uh, I don't know enough about this, but I saw one. Uh. You know, there's a lot of people on the Internet that claim to know stuff about medicine, like sports storm chasers. Now, yeah, yeah, they're yeah, they're the medical guys. Sports medicine version of storm chasers are like, if you look at all of these injuries, they happen when a guy over extends the length of his push off. Okay, okay, And then I'm looking at this video going, okay, I guess I don't know, I don't know anything about it.
Speaker 1: And he was rushed back from a CAFs so he could play. That's what happened to Kevin Duran. This is where at all, that's that's the common thing that.
Speaker 2: I see what dude, just here he was like one game away, came down to one game game step, one game away from the NBA Championship. You got to go for it. Yeah. But now and he played well in Game six. Yeah, not only does he not you know, not only do they not win, but he's gonna miss all of next season. Dude, So what do they do now? As a team? They should blow it up? Now they're not with that, not the age they're at. They've got one free agent, the Matters and Miles Turner, he's thirty. But you know, by the way, that deal that they made last week was to get their first round pick back next year. Okay, so yeah, how crazy is that? So they so the Pelicans are going, oh crap, right, I would have much rather had their pick next year when they don't have Haliburton for the year.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: So anyways, man, I mean that's they were. They were way over match just in terms of history. I mean, Oklahoma City was a historically good basketball team this year and all these there's all these stats that came out that said if Indiana had won, they would have been the least impressive champion of all time statistically speaking, so the team that was supposed to win one, and they're also like the youngest team in the league. Oh my god, they're gonna be good forever. Yeah, we're going to have to deal with that team. Yeah, all right, coming up next in the Big Finish. We're just three minutes away from this. In the New York Times Top Movies the twenty first Century demands our attention, Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle. This segment is brought to you by Rollertown Beer Works. That's the brewery up there in Salina, Texas. At Me and Big Ben are partner's in. I went in there yesterday to grab a couple of pints. Love Rollertown beer Works. We're so happy to be associated with it, and you know been we have. It's never too soon to make plans and so not this week. But next week is going to be our five year anniversary party and it's gonna be wild and it gets going on Wednesday the third, and goes all throughout the weekend, and it kicks off on Wednesday the third. Aint nobody got to work on that Friday. Brand New Funk is going to be out there at the brewery. It's going to be a blast, and we're gonna be celebrating our five year anniversary all weekend long. Man, it's hard to believe we've come this far, but we're so grateful for all the support. When you go to the grocery store and you see Rollertown, whether it's a Rollertown light, the big German juice erum, yeah, who's the hefe one thirty three. If you see any of our beers on the shelf and you put them in your cart, that helps. If you go to a bar restaurant they have us on tap and you order us, that helps. If you rock some Rollertown merch around you're wearing that hat, all of it helps. So thank you for all of your incredible support. He right, but right now it's time for this kill.
Speaker 1: This thing's big for those deals where we might be doing multiple segments on this In fact, I'll tell you that we are.
Speaker 2: We're gonna be doing multiple segments on this week.
Speaker 1: More than five hundred directors, actors and their Hollywood names voted in this thing, and the thing was for. They gave him a big ballot and said, what are the best films released since January first, two thousand twenty five years.
Speaker 2: I love this now.
Speaker 1: I immediately you scroll down and you see what one hundred is, and by the way, one hundred through.
Speaker 2: Eighty is all they released today.
Speaker 1: Okay, you scroll down, you see what one hundred is, and you're like, all right, that's a good tone setter. But I'm gonna do because I'm a bit of a movie blind spot and I could do better with movies. I'm gonna attempt to watch every movie here on the top one hundred list that I've never seen before. What within fun and then trying to do it by the time I.
Speaker 2: Die, no, no, no, do it by the end of the year. Maybe I'll get it done by the weekend. Oh wow, you never know.
Speaker 7: There's only two movies on there.
Speaker 2: You haven't seen one hundred super Bad, I've seen it.
Speaker 7: That's half sick.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 1: And they have a little checklist on the article two where you can put i've seen it.
Speaker 2: Okay. By the way, is my gut instinct is that super Bad's too low? It should be higher. I would think so, I would mean, so got over. It's just the greatest movies ever and it's.
Speaker 1: On the list well twenty five years, so yeah, last twenty first.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, yeah, I thought that might be higher than too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, number ninety nine we go back to two thousand and five for Memories of Murder.
Speaker 2: This is Bong june Hoe. I haven't seen it. I don't think i've heard it.
Speaker 1: After Charles Melton said I've seen that movie twenty times and it hits me every time. I laugh, I cry, I'm frightened to hold my breath. They may have the greatest ending of any film.
Speaker 7: Interesting.
Speaker 2: Wow, it's about a june Ho. It's like a bikini thing.
Speaker 1: Uh no, it's a different thing. I think the director is Bong june Ho, the detective played by Song Kang ho yeap. But pretty good couple guys, Yeah good that daddy Kane Korean please ninety eight five?
Speaker 2: You guys have seen this grizzly man? Oh yeah, I didn't realize that was like guys, like thanks, he was friends with the grizzly bears. Eat him like a twizzler. Yeah, it's a pretty shocking ending. Okay. Interesting, I would have thought that that was a nineties movie. What years it say? It came out? And five? Okay, yeah, that's a really compelling movie. Yeah, if you've never seen have y'all seen it? Well? This made me think, you are they gonna put a bunch of documentaries on this list. I think that that's actually not to I think that's sort of a transcendent documentary. In other words, there's a lot of people like I ain't gonna watch a documentary that they see that and they're like, they're in it has a narrative. It doesn't strike you as a documentary. Was he he was definitely Gay for Bears. Oh that's a good band name. Yeah.
Speaker 1: God, I know so many people from Chicago who are Gay for the Bears.
Speaker 2: I'm like, why they're terrible?
Speaker 1: Gravity twenty thirteen not bad, Number ninety seven.
Speaker 2: It really wasn't bad. It's got a good bit and that the movie happens in real time. Yeah, it's an hour and a half, and there's it doesn't jump around, it's the w whole plot. The entire movie takes place in an hour and a half. It's a good movie.
Speaker 1: And it's problem the Interstellar came out around that time, and they're at two space movies all at once.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this happened a lot. Yeah, because people are in a race, because they're all working the same properties around Hollywood. Number ninety six Black Panther. Okay, I would have thought that would have been higher. Yeah, seen it?
Speaker 1: Wow, Yeah, you have seen it kt Yeah, okay. Number ninety five The worst Person in the World. I don't know that this is a twenty two I've never heard of. Who is It doesn't appear to be anyone I know, But I can tell you what happens. A college student changes majors like outfits later in her twenties. She dates some guy while fantasizing. But I've spent with another guy. Man, this looks terrible.
Speaker 7: And it's number what not ninety five?
Speaker 2: But it's probably good, you know, you know, I don't know better than super Bad.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it sounds like a lifetime movie.
Speaker 2: Never heard of it. Two thousand and two, Number ninety four Minority Report. Okay, have mom, cruise Tom f and cruise my best friend. Yeah, it's you know, it's not one of his best. Conceptually, I dig sci fi. It's this idea that you can, through technology, you can tell if someone's going to commit a crime in the future well before they do. You can like and like the idea of searching through someone's memories. I think you can search through their future. Cool. I think it's a Philip K. Dick book. It is a Phil Dick ye adaptation. Phil Dick best known for do Android's Dream of Electronic Sheep, which became Blade Runner. Wow Yeah, renumber ninety three.
Speaker 1: Michael Clayton is the movie two thousand and seven George Clooney.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I never saw it. I saw it and don't remember it, so that says a lot. Oh dude, it'd be new to you. O. You're watching together.
Speaker 1: He's an attorney, but he's a fixer trying to undo some damage.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't know. Didn't they have that guy in it? It's also an in the bedroom? Does he travel a lot? And you know it's just all about four? Oh, that's up in the air. That's Badassanna Kendricks in it.
Speaker 1: The unfounded Hollywood rumor of the day that I will throw at you just random mess at places. Is that George Clooney maybe not so tight with his wife anymore? Oh eatner, Harry Styles?
Speaker 2: What unfounded? George Clooney is having sex with Harry Styles internet gossip allegedly.
Speaker 1: But then I started to think George Clooney has got that lake Como Villa Harry style is often seen in Italy. Just kind of hanging around with a huge mustache would make sense, Okay, expecting mustache.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it seems like a huge leap. It's a great movie. It's a fantastic film. Met it over there? Is that? Is that the one we're at the end of it? Uh? The guy that made the Jesus Christ movie is getting his arms all stretched out. I don't think so. Are you not entertained? Russ crow right? Yeah, prime Russ Crowe and now Welcome Only Phoenix. I was getting them mixed up with Mel Gibson.
Speaker 1: Number ninety one, Fish Tank twenty ten movie, never saw it. A few movies about adolescent girls are quite this raw or daring out.
Speaker 2: I'm out.
Speaker 7: No, you say you're gonna watch all of them, Katie.
Speaker 2: Don't make me watch the movie about the adolescent girls. I wonder if thirteen will be on here? Did you guys see that? Nope? That was really good.
Speaker 1: Michael Fassbender would be in this one sack stuff, isn't it?
Speaker 2: I get Okay? Twenty thirteen?
Speaker 1: Noah bombok he's kind of artzy, right, Yeah, he's written a lot of stuff with Wes Anderson twenty thirteen movie called Francis ha.
Speaker 2: I have not seen it.
Speaker 1: Greta Gerwig, I don't know. Man doesn't sound great. Eighty nine.
Speaker 2: Wait, Greta Gerwig gets married to Noah Bomback. Really yeah, okay, I didn't I know that. Interstellar number eighty nine. That's great movie twenty fourteen. He was a year after grend and it is super powerful. Tug on the Emotions, it's really really well done. Great soundtrack.
Speaker 1: Tug YEP number eighty eight, a two thousand and one movie called The Gleaners, and I will just move on.
Speaker 2: Never heard of it.
Speaker 1: Eighty seven. I'm not gonna follow through The Lord of the Rings Fellowship of the Ring. First one does one pill p Jack Peter Jackson?
Speaker 2: Is that the one with Dudley Moore in it?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Those never did anything for me. Me and either dude, Me and me and my wife watched the first five minutes and the first one we looked at each other and goes, we don't want to watch this, and we just stopped and never went back. In the interview when they're making they're talking and like the little bald guy, are they making fun of the Lord of The Rings movies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, frodah, yeah, yeah, probably it could be a Harry Potter thing.
Speaker 2: It's easy. Okay, I'm not into either, so I thought they were the same thing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that sounded like Gollum in there a lot. It'd be the same thing. That's who was Thank you call them? Is what I'm talking about.
Speaker 5: It.
Speaker 2: Colin's great man.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I keep going Yoda, I don't know. I know it can't do his voice because i'd have been Frank Oz who knows? Number eighty five? Anchorman better than Superbad? How about that? Do you guys think it's better than super Bad? I don't I do, but I think it's close. I love I love them both, but I guess I would have thought, I not super Bad was better? But maybe not.
Speaker 1: Kirsten Dunn's eighty four Melancholia twenty eleven. She's get shooting light lightning out of her fingers? Kind of strange?
Speaker 2: Is that a large von Trier movie? Uh? Yeah? Okay?
Speaker 1: Eighty three inside Lewin Davis. This is a Coen brother movie. Yeah, twenty thirteen about a folk singer, and I still have never seen it. Oscar Isaac would be in that. Yeah, the act of Killing number eighty two by Joshua Oppenheimer and the other director is anonymous. This looks like a documentary, okayst we'll get to eighty one Black Swan twenty ten.
Speaker 2: Everyone just cares about the one scene with me Lacunas.
Speaker 7: There are so many guys that love that movie. That's all I heard about. Guy is watching that movie.
Speaker 2: Well, none of them liked the movie. They just like the one scene. You have porn. It's not seriously Yeah, but porn doesn't have Natalie Portman and Me Lacunas, and it just search looks like better casting. Yep, Man, I feel like this has got a lot of momentum except for that one gleaning movie. Yeah, glossed over? Yeah, how many of those as you've seen? KT? I've seen three of these. He is on a bad stretch right now. I'll never forget this movie. KT went to the theater. He looked a ticket taker dead in the eye, and he said, did you.
Speaker 1: Know that butterflies? They studied them across the Atlantic Ocean. Only took eight days, and it just.
Speaker 2: Made that guy hate his job worse than he already did. Christina is going to stick around and play some music. Here on the Eagle.
Speaker 1: There you going, Well, I'm gonna get my sock back, dude,