Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: What this is going on?
Speaker 3: Time four?
Speaker 2: What's happening?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 1: When will the nightmare end? When will the storm move out? Here's what to look for in the coming days. We are gonna have a mixed bag of weather conditions. Today, thunderstorms are possible. We could have some heavy rain. We could have small hail, gusty winds, possibly another small tornado or water spout. We will have low temperatures as well. We're gonna have some breaks in the afternoon into the evening commute with some sunshine and clouds like we have right now here in Burbank. Sunshine, clouds.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: There was a storm that went through just before noon. It looks like basically from Escondido, a specific cell from Escondido all the way up the fifteen to like Menafee, and it was pouring rain in some of those areas. That is all moving over the mountains now when we'll make its way of course through palm Springs and the desert before it goes into Arizona.
Speaker 1: So tomorrow it looks like We're going to get some scattered showers early and some more scattered showers mostly light for the rest of the day into the evening, and then for the weekend, dry sunny skies. Temps will go back up six to twelve degrees and next week we're going to get another storm system. So keep that umbrella out and pack your patients, stay dry, turn around, don't drive around. That's going to arrive Monday. There was a tornado and Pico Rivera this morning.
Speaker 4: If you can believe, yeah, Gonzo was there an EF zero that they said. The National Weather Service went out there to investigate, made the announcement say.
Speaker 5: Confirmed EF zero tornado high end EF zero tornado at eighty five miles per hour that moved through Rivera at approximately three point fifteen am Pacific daylight time.
Speaker 4: Now there was also a whoop. Sorry, there was a rescue that had to take place. Fire in Sanja Sinto had to rescue people after several cars trapped several vehicles. This was on a roadway on Soboba Drive near Chabella Drive. Swift water rescue team was deployed. They were able to escort six people to safety.
Speaker 1: I have a stupid question, ah, since today's today. You're not supposed to say that, You're supposed to think it.
Speaker 2: What temperature is?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: Are we in the normal time or are we in the altered time?
Speaker 2: What are you looking?
Speaker 1: What do you mean the daylight time? Specific daylight time?
Speaker 5: Am I?
Speaker 2: Are you asking if you're dreaming right now?
Speaker 1: No? Is this the normal time? We are currently in? Daylight saving time? Is that normal time? When do we f with the clock to where it's not normal? Is that the fallback time? I think it is right, No, because that's standard time. Yeah, I know, but I think it's reverse. You mean, like I think, now we're in normal times and when we fall back, they're screwing with us, and that should be called daylight time, and this is called standard time.
Speaker 4: Your question is when, if it's inevitable that they take away that the clock change, which one are we sticking with?
Speaker 1: This one? Isn't it?
Speaker 4: I don't know, Honestly, I honestly have no idea.
Speaker 1: You don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's not as stupid of a question as I thought it was.
Speaker 2: Probably we're both pretty both asked the dumb question.
Speaker 1: Pretty dumb.
Speaker 4: We've told you many times about this. This disappearance of Sudikshe Konanki, the University of Pittsburgh student went missing in a trip to the Dominican Republic last week, a retired FBI special agent. So there are some critical steps that the investigators and the Dominican should be looking at, and that if the FBI is involved, they should also be paying attention to. He says that the FBI cannot take over the investigation, but is going to use the diplomatic channels to push Dominican authorities to prioritize investigative steps, provide some forensic assistance to do the intelligence sharing sharing that could uncover some leads. We do know that there was a person of interest who is a twenty four year old former college wrestler out of Virginia who was there and was one of the last people seen with her. He is the one who said they went into the ocean, went swimming, got hit by a rogue wave, and that that was the last he saw of her, and then he went and threw up and was drunk and fell asleep on the beach for three hours.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's never a good mix. The beach and an abriation never good. You can't even make out on the beach in Mexico, or you couldn't circle nineteen ninety seven because you could get arrested.
Speaker 4: Hey, Starbucks is going to change some stuff and actually allow more seating in some of its restaurants.
Speaker 1: Because that's what we've been asking for. Who sits down at a Starbucks anymore?
Speaker 4: The new CEO, Brian Nicol, announced that the coffee giant is going to expand the in store seating options.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I increased the availability of power charging outline.
Speaker 1: You know what, I have seen more star By locations just be grabbing go type places and coffee shops and other coffee shops like PiZZ I've noticed there are people that sit in there and they meet in there. It's a whole thing. And I think Starbucks baby did away with that when they went through that whole needle gate of you know, they had people using their bathrooms shoot up and then there was this whole thing where you have to let them and then people stopped going to them. So maybe they're trying to bring back some sort of community.
Speaker 4: There are at least four Starbucks within about three miles of my house. I think there's more than that, but I can think of the four right away. One of them is massive. One of them is a really big one. It's got to drive through, so you can, you know, you grab and go. But it has a big seating area. And I know that my wife has gone there many times and met people and hung out and had a cup of coffee. Yeah, at least the ones she tells me about, right, Well, that one guy is at her workout class, right, the plates guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then there's the pool guy, right. So she doesn't have to leave the house for the pool guy, and she just goes to the fitness guy to see the fitness class, to see.
Speaker 2: The other guy. And that's just down.
Speaker 1: Do you see you ever see a naked woman on a flight that you didn't know? I don't know what you guys are into. No, there was a Southwest flight from Houston to Phoenix had to go back to the gate because a female passenger strip naked and began screaming in the aisle, walking up and down the aisle while yelling and naked. Okay, yeah, see you're a dude, so you're like, fine, if you want to be crazy, fine, just take off your clothes and I'll forget the crazy part. As long as you're Naked's not what guys say. That's not what they say, not out loud, it would be rude.
Speaker 3: Right, you're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 4: Ryan Van Tiel is the owner of Bert's Burgers down in Orange County, and he joins us now in his.
Speaker 2: Connection of courses.
Speaker 4: He's the head of I guess you could say the PMS Union on Twitter that you can find that. I mean, he's famous, famous basically, but also famous because of Bert's Burgers.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna get into one right now.
Speaker 2: Ryan, Let's go, Shannon. She got the cheeseburger. There had a little bit more stuff.
Speaker 7: That is the Cali, the Fleetwood Cali style two by two slider.
Speaker 2: You no, I do not. You're on your own. You got a scarf?
Speaker 5: Use it.
Speaker 2: Ryan.
Speaker 4: You guys are catering, right, I mean for the most part. Right now, you're catering. You know you're working on the future. But how do people find you? What is it you guys specialize in and why should they go to you as opposed to the normal old taco truck that everybody else uses.
Speaker 6: Sure bertsberger'soc dot com or Bertsberger's o c anywhere on social media that's Bert with a U b U r T.
Speaker 7: And the reason they come to should come to us. You know. I thought about it.
Speaker 6: And everyone goes to a party, right there's like, oh, we gotta get Taco guy Tacoo guys like, well, what if you want a cheeseburger? And then I thought, well what if you could have like multiple cheeseburgers at a party. You're at a party, you want this giant cheeseburger, and it's dripping all over you, like it's dripping on Shannon right now.
Speaker 7: You know you want something little and dainty, especially you know, pretty lately like Shan, She's like, I don't want this giant cheeseberg one at.
Speaker 6: This party, little right, and maybe you want the Cali style two by two, or maybe later you want the berts Burger, which is our barbecue bacon cheeseburger. You can sam that's when you had so you can sample different kinds. And it's just like having a Taco guy at your party or your corporate event, at your wedding anything, Like.
Speaker 1: I really like the sauce. It's not you know, it's nice sauce there.
Speaker 7: That is Bert's secret sauce.
Speaker 1: I bet it is, I bet it is. Ryan. Also the pickles a key it is are key and the halapeno. Talk to me about that situation.
Speaker 6: Okay, well, well the halapeno you got accidentally, but because.
Speaker 1: I really like that, but that's.
Speaker 7: An incredible segue. Thank you. Now you're like an experienced newsperson.
Speaker 6: The hallepeno is our fried halipenia, which goes on our Mexic guac burger, which has Mexico City style guacamole and kotiha cheese and wahaka cheese and fried halopena.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's incredible.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 7: Beef is American ground woggu beef.
Speaker 4: So that that was gonna be my next question. The slider is obviously the key ingredient is going to be the meat. How do you settle specifically on that style and where do you source it from?
Speaker 6: Well, I know we're on the radio, so I'm not going to curse, but I said to my partner in chef chef Tony, I said I want Holy s beef, meaning when you bite it, you're like holy s and that is He's like, oh yeah, well we got to get this and it's this American woggu ground beef and it's I mean, as you can taste, it's unbelievable.
Speaker 7: And then we season each burger right before we cook it, secret seasoning, secret season That's delicious.
Speaker 1: It's really good.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And the thing I love about sliders is that, I mean, your point of sitting down at a restaurant, even in a nice place, you're going to order a cheeseburger, hamburg er, whatever it is, it's always built not for human consumption. That's I mean, it's built to be super high or super messy, or it's hot. The bun is too big, like it's never a comfortable plan thing to eat in a restaurant. A slider, however, it's literally meant to fit in your hands, yes, in your like sliders.
Speaker 2: It all works.
Speaker 1: Especially this is like a good sized slider, good ninety seven.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 6: No, it's like tacos. Right, you have two tacos, you have three tacos. Whatever you get, you get two sliders, you get three sliders and your set.
Speaker 2: Who's Burt.
Speaker 6: Burt is my bloodhound. He's one hundred and fifty pounds. Blood bloodhounds are only like one hundred pounds. And this guy's just a giant, and he's this big slobbery, massive bigbber on all the burgers.
Speaker 2: He's in the logo there, right.
Speaker 6: He's there in the last Burt that's literally Burt and logo. No, he's not allowed in any kitchens.
Speaker 1: Bo that's zero fun.
Speaker 7: He protests, but he's not allowed.
Speaker 1: If my husband leaves me and I get married again. You guys do weddings, that's super cool. Yes, what a fun wedding. Where you go and there's just sliders everywhere, in different kinds of sliders and cheeses and hala panios that aren't even supposed to be there.
Speaker 6: We'll think about like the late night slacker smack. Right, you've been dancing, you've been drinking, you're like, oh, I need some food to fill me up.
Speaker 7: What about sliders? Yeah, right, like ten o'clock at night.
Speaker 1: Really any time of day. Yeah, it's a slider time of dead.
Speaker 4: So sliders obviously the main the main draw for Bertzburgers. But there's also fries on there.
Speaker 7: Yeah, waffle fries. We do an incredible fried and tallow.
Speaker 1: And interesting waffle fries. Why waffle fry? Why do you pick waffle fries.
Speaker 6: Okay, there's multiple reasons. I'm an overthinker. So we actually do you said any time a day, we do breakfast sliders, and we have two breakfast laders, the bacon, egg and cheese and a sausage one, and both of them have a waffle fry on it so that it sits in your egg. And that came from I was at McDonalds one day. I was like, you know what I really want? Is I want that sausage muffin, but I want the hashtar on the sandwich. Yeah, And then I thought, and I was this is literally what happened. I was at home and I was like, you know what I want on this sausage egg McMuffin Is I want some Tai chili paste.
Speaker 7: Don't it just hit me? And then so I put that on. I was like, wow, this is incredible. I'm gonna make this.
Speaker 6: And so that's why there's waffle fries. And then they're just delicious on their own with ranch or anything.
Speaker 1: Okay, girlfriend from al Toro, she used to put still does, put potato chips up in a bag of plan. You could do that Hocke in her sandwiches. You gotta put a little potato.
Speaker 7: In your sand, super thin crispy potatoes.
Speaker 1: Why not?
Speaker 4: And then of course the top it all off, the shakes and the fries. You brought us this mini shake.
Speaker 1: Yes, the chips should get their own moment.
Speaker 7: They deserve their own moment.
Speaker 1: They're really good, they're secret, they're not too thick, good salt content.
Speaker 2: A lot of secrets, a lot of secrets.
Speaker 7: Bert bloodhomes are very secretive. You know, they've got.
Speaker 6: These giant mouths and jaws. So you'll be looking at me like, what is he doing over there? You walk over there and he's just got like he's got like.
Speaker 2: A rabbit, a rabbit in his mouth.
Speaker 7: A full rabbit. You can't even see it.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 7: Birds are secretive. They don't hides in the corner.
Speaker 4: You've got the triple reeses, mini shaked and not so thin mint.
Speaker 2: Oreo, the berry berry lemony milkshit made.
Speaker 1: Some quick work out of that milkshake over there talking to me about it.
Speaker 4: And then the pie. It's fantastic. I mean you start with the bass of McConnell's ice cream. Yes, right, so that's perfect, you said, the homemade whipped cream, yes, And then as that Oreo.
Speaker 7: Crumbles and oreo crumbles and chocolate stupid.
Speaker 4: And then the Maggie made lemon merangue pie shooter and again, I mean you mentioned this to us off the air. My god, everything is made. I wouldn't say bite size, but it's small.
Speaker 7: Yes, everything, Yes, one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: So it's I feel like I need a spoon.
Speaker 7: We call it a shooter because it's in a shot glass, but there's no alcule. It's literally just lemon merangue pie in a shot glass. And I thought, with desserts and and and.
Speaker 6: Shakes, the mini shakes is you know, you're I don't like if I go to In and Out or I go to five guys, I never get a shake. It's too much because I know I'm already you know, eating too much as it is, right, I don't want to be rolling into my car.
Speaker 7: I want this. But this little yeah, it's perfect.
Speaker 1: At a little bit lighter is the perfect amount. The mini shake is the perfect amount. You're like the Goldielocks, Burt, I mean, Bryan.
Speaker 7: You can call me Bert.
Speaker 4: It's okay, it's called Your dog health is becoming a huge issue. Talk to me about seed oils. Talking about about the oils, that you do use for your foods.
Speaker 6: We don't use anything but beef tallow to fry, to fry our fries or anything that's fried, it's with beef towel.
Speaker 7: Because you know, I.
Speaker 6: Read this book actually like twelve years ago, and this woman was talking about beef tallow and seedles and I was like, what is this? And so I started asking nutrition's friends, like, oh, no, beef tal that's how McDonald's used to fry their fries in beef tallow fifty years ago. And then you know, there was controversy about being vegetarian and so they switched. It's like, oh my god, beef tallow is unbelievable and you can make candles with it.
Speaker 2: I'm okay now if we also for your skin?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, rob it all over your face? Yeah? Hellow me to Do you have another burger out there?
Speaker 1: I wrote, yeah, yeah, yes, Ryan, Thank you so much. It's so great to meet you. I feel like I've known you forever.
Speaker 4: Berts burgersoc dot com bert is with a you. Bertsburgersoc dot com is where you find the page about the catering. You can also find them on social media. Bert's Burgers O c Ryan, thanks for coming in.
Speaker 7: Thank you guys.
Speaker 2: Ryan Ventil again from Bertzburgers.
Speaker 3: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty'm scene.
Speaker 1: As you mentioned at Tokyo, it was Heneda Airport, hundreds of fans ten deep hoping to catch a glimpse of show Hey Atani as he arrived with the rest of the Dodgers. They did put up a wall to shield the players in case they came through the arrival area. The Chicago Cubs exited the same way when they arrived late last night, Dodgers were seen on the tarmac disembarking from their charter from Phoenix. Atani was one of the first off, but the players did not make it to the arrival area. They took an escape route.
Speaker 2: Being married triples the risk of obesity in men.
Speaker 1: Wow, you have women cooking good food for you. If you're without those women, you end up just eating out of a vending machine.
Speaker 4: A study of couples in Poland found that married men were more than three times more likely to be obese than unmarried men. No such link for women. When it came to marital status. Researchers did find that both sexes tended to be heavier when married, when the risk of being overweight rising to sixty two percent among husbands thirty nine percent among wives.
Speaker 1: Why do you think that is, I don't know.
Speaker 2: They said. Getting older also can increase the risk of being overweight.
Speaker 1: Did you used to be thin before you got married?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's time. I was never I was never larger than when I was married. There was a time twenty five years ago when I was just over two hundred pounds.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're you've always been thin.
Speaker 2: That was a joke, I know, But I've also been two hundred pounds.
Speaker 1: Well, your wife was pregnant at the time and you were eating a lot of ice cream.
Speaker 2: But I wasn't pregnant at the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you were eating ice cream out of solidarity.
Speaker 2: It's very sweet for strange science.
Speaker 1: Nice have you lost that way?
Speaker 2: What sence?
Speaker 3: It's like weird science but strange.
Speaker 4: Well, SpaceX had to scrubbed the launch yesterday of crew ten astronauts for NASA to the International Space Station.
Speaker 8: SpaceX LD on countdown one. At this time, we were standing down from today to further hydraulical these data. It's take ex dragon decapy all stay fought. Its tasted even to tak rubble already with the equipment age. Yeah, sorry about the unfortunate result today, but we'll get you back up here and there soon.
Speaker 4: It's probably like they went to go give blood and they were told not today, and they're like, oh, well, okay, that's fine, okay with that.
Speaker 2: Actually, as a matter of fact, the.
Speaker 4: Hydraulic problem that they were talking about apparently has to do with specifically one of the arms that holds the rocket in place before launch. They scrubbed at about forty five minutes before the scheduled lift off time. As of right now, they're saying the next launch attempt would be no earlier than hopefully right at but no earlier than seven oh three Eastern time tomorrow tomorrow night. They didn't want to do a launch attempt today because they knew that there were going to be high winds and rain along the launch path, so they didn't have the same weather window.
Speaker 1: Are your cells aged with you or do you have genes that keep your cells younger? Apparently it's a thing. The US born women, the oldest living person before she died in Spain last August. We've got some intel on her cells.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Intel, that makes it sound like we have some dirt on her that Maria wasn't telling people.
Speaker 1: She's probably got a lot of dirt on her. At this point, you're listening to.
Speaker 3: Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI. Am six forty, the US.
Speaker 1: Born woman who was the world's oldest living person before she died in Spain last August at age one hundred and seventeen, said that her longevity was due to luck in good genes. Isn't that the truth? Evidently she was right. A study of Maria's microbiome in DNA determined that the genes she inherited allowed her cells to essentially feel and behave as if they were seven teen years younger than they actually were.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: They referred to this as the privileged genome that she had.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It refers to the bacteria and people's guts, the microbiota that has a role in keeping you healthy, if that's the role that it plays, and maybe it has a role that keeps you unhealthy.
Speaker 4: Well, imagine you can have all of the parts and pieces for that long life, but you got to do some of the other stuff.
Speaker 2: She avoided drinking alcohol and smoking.
Speaker 4: She liked walking, she constantly surrounded herself with family and loved ones.
Speaker 1: And then the Mediterranean diet, which all nutritionists continue to swear by, that's the healthiest, and yogurt, yogurt nuts, lean fish meats, things like that, a lot of garbonzobeans.
Speaker 4: They're hoping the people who've been studying this, studying Maria and her body and what's in it or what was I hope that she can provide useful information to those who are trying to develop medications, maybe in treatments for age related illnesses. But it sounds like it's very simple in terms of developing medications and treatments.
Speaker 2: Go back to what she said.
Speaker 4: She avoided drinking, she was not a smoker, She enjoyed walks, She surrounded herself with family and loved ones. I mean, those one, two, three, four things right there are give you a leg up on just about everything.
Speaker 1: They sure do. Genes notwithstanding, right like me.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's things you're not going to be able to control.
Speaker 4: But if you're gonna if you control those four things, well, you could say diet would be the number one.
Speaker 1: What do you think that milk shape did to your gut biome? You think it's a happy biome right now, right.
Speaker 4: I think I have a strong enough gut biome that I can handle a milkshake.
Speaker 1: You could pour cement down your maw and be fine with your gut biome.
Speaker 4: I have a question about people who are lactose intolerant. Okay, so diarrhea. Yeah, in the event I was lactose intolerant, I mean really like it.
Speaker 1: I think that milkshake would hit you sooner than it would if if you were not.
Speaker 4: But my question is, is it actually if if I had an urgent this And I think this is important for strange science because this is a scientific question, but we do here. So let's say I ingest milk and I'm not supposed to because it's of all the lactose in it. And then do I get five minutes? Do I get ten minutes into the rest of my life? And I go, oh, you're gonna have to finish the second And then I go and I go in there. Is it the milkshake itself that's going to come out? Or is it just my body saying everything must go? Whatever's whatever's along the freeway, it's it's we're taking an exit right now, We're taking the next exit.
Speaker 1: I'm googling it. Why why I don't have the answer. I'm googling if you are a lactose intolerant and have a milkshake, Let's see.
Speaker 6: How.
Speaker 1: It doesn't say how quickly the diarrhea happens, But it does, I mean it does they gas, the bloating, the diarrhea.
Speaker 2: I think gas and the bloating would come right away. Yeah, I'm just curious.
Speaker 4: Well, use it would take. It's a long distance from your stomach to the part of its mental, part of its mental too. You gotta believe part of its mental. Like you know, you're not supposed to eat that milkshake and then boa, So your body just starts opening doors left and right. It's like the reverse of the the intro to Get Smart. If you're in anywhere in North and South America and you're listening to the show, you'll be able to view the red colored blood moon starting tonight, the first total lunar eclipse visible on our continent since twenty twenty two. You will be able to see it with the naked eye. You do not need a telescope or binoculars or anything like that. You're gonna have more than an hour of totality, and you will be able to see it in parts of Western Europe and Africa, as well as New Zealand if you're lucky. The lunar eclipse, of course, is when the Earth goes between the Moon and the Sun so that the Moon is actually in shadow. The coloration the reason they call it the red blood Moon. The coloration occurs because the sunlight scatters through our atmosphere before it reaches the Moon's surface. The shorter wavelengths, the blue, the violets, they do not reach the Moon. The only longer wavelength colors red and orange, will illuminate it.
Speaker 1: Should you find yourself lactose intolerant, I just want to shout out to the Lactaid protein milk that I discovered when I was up at my mom's. My aunt is lactose intolerant, I believe, and she turned her onto this. It's so much better than in my opinion, it was creamier than real milk, like in your coffee if you're going to froth it up throat in your coffee. Freaking delicious. It was like the Lactaid protein. It was like twelve grams of protein per serving or what have you.
Speaker 4: Well, I think I'm making myself lactose in tall because I don't drink a lot of milk to begin with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're making yourself lactose.
Speaker 2: We well, I mean your body doesn't get used to it. I used to drink it all the time.
Speaker 1: Oh, I see what you're saying. Yeah, well, you eat a lot of ice cream. In Australia, a man lived for one hundred days. I don't know that with an artificial titanium heart.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 4: In fact, Sunday night, I was offered ice cream and I turned it down.
Speaker 1: Really yes, I did.
Speaker 4: Why because it was full, which is usually never an excuse, But I figured I might as well make it. I don't need ice cream all the time it's offered to me.
Speaker 1: Right, okay?
Speaker 4: Like eighty five percent? Yes, yeah, I mean I would say even higher than that. It's probably like a ninety two percent yes for me. But you know, catch me on an off day.
Speaker 1: I don't think I've ever seen you turned down ice cream.
Speaker 4: This guy in Australia live for one hundred days with an artificial titanium heart while waiting a donor transplant. See that's why you eat the ice cream received the implant during a surgery at a hospital in Sydney last November.
Speaker 1: You could find yourself needing an organ one day and you're like, why didn't I eat that ice cream that one time?
Speaker 4: In February, became the first person worldwide to leave the hospital with this titanium heart in him, which kept him alive until HEARTDNA became available Earlier this month.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 4: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.