Speaker 1: You are now listening to the Someone's Favorite Productions podcast network.
Speaker 2: Hello and welcome back to another Thursday Night Live this week for the Severn Sale with somebody that is going to be an actual expert on Severn and I cannot wait to dive into this. I've been logging for the show since I first talked to you, my friend. Tonight, we have QC Extraordinaire mister Blake Monahan. Blake, thanks for showing up tonight.
Speaker 3: Thank you. I love that QC Extraordinaire. That sounds awesome.
Speaker 2: Well, when you sent me the resume, I was oppressed that you actually put that on there. That's able to move.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: It's a good choice. So first time on the show. How you been introduce yourself to the world? Tell them what do you want everybody to know about you?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, I guess I've been started with physical media since I worked at Suncoast Video in the nineties, you know, of course, I think a lot of people can relate to that. Actually before that, probably working in mom and pop video rental stores. You know. I am older forty seven, probably older than a bunch of your audience. I have mostly dogs and cats, you know, no children, so that helps.
Speaker 2: That's why you look so young.
Speaker 3: But yeah, you know, so working around videos always and having a desire to go to film school David Lynch. Of course, you know, I saw Lost Highway when I was in my formative years and was blown away. I'm like, oh wow, this is like crazy, you know, and then always liked the horror films and George Romero, particularly being from Pennsylvania, you know, that kind of regional filmmaker really spoke to me. And I guess, you know, we're getting those homebrewed books like John Russo and you know, how to make a movie type books, you know, kind of had me, you know, wanted to go to film school, and I dabbled in that a little bit, but of course, you know that's a tough realm. And then you know, from there started working doing I guess the way to describe it. And that time was you know, selling, selling movies at at conventions, you know, like DVD rs that kind of stuff, you know, and meeting people like Mike, license titles, those kind of things. Yeah, you know, and this is the wild West of the nineties, of course, so it's a different realm, you know, but quickly met people like Bill Lustig, Mike Rainy. That kind of set me on the right. And one of the things that I really wanted to do. I was reading Bill Landis's books Lezoid Express at the time, and the vibe of the grindhouses, the forty second Street experience kind of really made me want to like experience something like that, you know. So I started doing some revival screenings here at home only because of meeting Mike from Something Weird, who had put me in touch with Eric Hayden at Hollywood Book and Poster, and they had like all kinds of stuff HG. Lewis and crazy, crazy reels and reels, you know, and this is before AGFO and it was a little harder to track down all of that stuff, you know. So we did a screening of Blood Feasts and then that's how I got hooked up with things with Bill Lusted. We did a zombie, We did a screening with Bill coming up to do Maniac Cop one and two, and you know, I was really enjoying doing the programming. That was awesome, you know, but it was tough to maintain, you know around here is I live in screen, Pennsylvania. It's a small area. You know, it's not as it quite as now. It's a little more thriving. People can do monthly events and things like that. But this is like two thousand and two, two thousand and three around there, you know, a little harder to hype, a little harder to carry on a monthly audience, I felt like, and there was like really cool things going on. Of course, like you know, the the Zoom films guys were not that far away doing stuff. So kind of from there, I went and worked at Trauma, you know, and that was that was really where I cut my teeth. For sure.
Speaker 2: You are you are the second I think in the last week that I've talked to that has some sort of pretty major background in trauma. So what all did you do with Trauma?
Speaker 3: Well, early on, when I originally went to film school, I was trying to get a job as a production assistant on I think at the time it would have been maybe Terror Firmer, It must have been around that time, you know, But I you know, I just didn't think I could juggle both. I was going to New York Film Academy, which is just kind of like a really intensive program where you kind of have to you know, it wasn't like I had a lot of time to burn, you know, so it took me a few years, and it was only after doing the screenings and stuff. I kind of went to Lloyd with like a Manila envelope full of like newspaper cuttings and flyers of things that I did, and like dumped them on his desk. I'm like, hey, you know, like give me a job, and like you know, they kind of like blew me off, and I was like whatever, you know, and kind of like got on the bus to come back home, and Michael Hurst called me and he was like, why would you get this job? It's a terrible job. If we don't pay you anything, we're going to treat you like trash. Why would you want this? I'm like, I don't know, you know, like give him all the reasons why I want it, and I don't know. We'll call you monday. And you know, kind of went to go do that thing, you know. There I was doing public relations and acquisitions. So basically at that time at Troma, they still had the cool building on Ninth Avenue, you know health Skitchen there. You know, it was awesome, awesome building. You probably, oh, well, it was worth a lot. Then there was a McDonald's downstairs, you know what I mean. It was like, you know, it was the building I think was probably one of the best assets, you know, And at that time you had to figure, like I was working with Trauma Team video kind of I was actually just watching well I don't want to get into that just yet, but you know, around two thousand and three, you know, when the when the DVD things starts to like implode, you know what I mean. And that was kind of what was wild to me getting back into physical media now was a lot of the titles, the trauma pickup titles that were like nobody cared for are now hot cells, you know what I mean. And I love to see that shift in the market and and people like, you know, seeing that, like you know, fifteen years almost twenty years later, you're like that is awesome, you know, like it's really cool to see things finally like reach their audience.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, so many of these are getting definitive releases that back then we had people scoffing at and now we're all like, fucking Mother's Day has this incredible four kre you know.
Speaker 3: But even then there were like really discerning fans that were like, you have to do it right, and you know, back then, I can't. You know, there was a lot of scenarios where it wasn't done right because it was a TVD and there's like, ah whatever, you know what I mean? And I do see like the meticulous care that goes into it now, which is incredible to me, you know, truly is film restoration being the forefront and the DVD sales almost being like after, you know what I mean, Like it's it's cool to see so much care important too things.
Speaker 2: Well and funny enough. I don't know if you're ready for that stage, but you're one of the people putting in that care nowadays. Is that? Is that what came after? About that part?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so, I mean I think it kind of I don't do you remember the film The Children? Of course? Yeah? All right, So there was a DVD release of The Children that trumpa put out that was largely maligned, widely low you know, and we Trauma Team Video didn't really have a lot of a lot of input like as how things went, but we sure did get a lot of hate mail and at that time, like my inbox is like exploded, but just like hate mail over the transfer of the child. And I couldn't particularly tell you what was wrong with it, but at that time it kind of it kind of I was like, Okay, maybe I need to chill on on this for a little bit, you know what I mean. And yeah, and we tried. We left Traumatine Video, me and some of the other dudes and went and made our own tried to make our own movie. It was called Kickball the movie. It was executive produced by Lloyd and Michael. But it didn't get finished. And then I went and worked on a movie that Paul Sorbino filmed up here, which also did not get finished.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: So I started just kind of like collecting disc a little bit. And during the pandemic it kind of, you know, just getting away from film and stuff getting for a while. I was like, all right, well, kind of get away, get away from disks and stuff for a while. But during the pandemic I picked back up on dis and wanted to collect disc again. Like I had picked up a few things, you know, some standouts, liquid Sky from Vinegar Syndrome. I was like, you know, that kind of was a thing that brought me back in, but definitely during the pandemic started collecting again to the large degree. You know, it's a funny story how I get back into it because around the time do you remember the Non Exploitation box set that so they were rapid firing putting out a bunch of stuff, you know. And around that time I listened to the Seventh Films podcasts and Andrew was talking about doing QC on Bloodford Dracula and was like, this has been horrible, you know, like we need somebody else to do this work. You know, probably probably just joking, you know, and seven does like a rapid fire release of a couple of things that they post on Facebook, so on maybe the third thing, which I believe is in non exploitation. I was like, hey, how about I, you know, do some of that QC work that Andrew doesn't want to do, you know, kind of just like throwing it out there, you know, like and sure enough, Andrew messages me and is like, hey, dude, like do you have any experience and that actually I do, you know, doing the Trouble Team video thing.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: So they gave me a couple of test jobs and that was a couple of years ago, and from there you know it's kind of expanded, you know, really just checking, you know, as much as I can. I try to watch as much as I can. QC is not a joke.
Speaker 2: I know most people have probably not had to do one for a disc yet, but it is exhausting. It is something that takes a very specific eye. Why don't you share some of the things that you look for in some of these QCs.
Speaker 3: I think it would really depend on what stage that I get it right, you know what I mean. So sometimes I'm looking at things like directly out of restoration and you're just looking for restoration errors, you know, like drop frames. You know you're gonna look at the color correction things like that, But a lot of that is color correction especially is not stuff for I work with a lot of smarter people and kind of on my on my end, you know, I always Andrew has put it to me, like I'm looking at it like on the same end that everybody else here watching is looking at it, you know what I mean, Like I'm I'm I'm a dude watching a disc at home. Does it work? Do you know what I mean? Like it does? Is there weird saying thing? And one thing that I'm semi fanatical about is subtitles because the way that everything is mixed today. Of course, I always have subtitles on, you know, and it will drive me bananas when they're not as accurate as they can be. I don't waste a lot of time on it, but it's one of those things that like you try to get right, and you try to and some some labels particularly, are like, you really want to get the tone right. You really want to make sure that it matches what it's supposed to be saying. You know, we're a word or two here there. I'm sure nobody really cares, but you know, you want it to be I want it to be spot on all the time.
Speaker 2: I agree to yeah, I I don't think I've mentioned this on the show, but this year I stepped in and I've done QC on a couple of titles for Severn and it was post restoration before any of the other stuff, so there wasn't even subtitles to check or anything yet. But it was two of the titles that are getting upgraded to four K tonight. And it is crazy to see, you know, from the inside something that you've seen on Blu Ray multiple times because one of the titles that we're going to be talking about tonight that I was able to do is Wild Beast, and that movie is a classic. I mean, it's a movie that I've seen at this point probably I mean after QC you could probably count that for like another four but like eight times actually trying to watch the movie, and you know, it's featured in Red Rocket in a poster in Seohn Baker's movie. It's one of those it's one of those movies that has gained notoriety through that first Blu ray release from Severn, and so to do it right, they have to really just do an incredible restoration to make this shine because it's it's kind of a quintessential Severn title, like this is one of their classic films, and man, this thing is beautiful. What are some of the movies that you've done QC on that have been just something that has wowed you for how it's looked.
Speaker 3: Oh, well, for sure, Sanitary, man, I mean that I that was a favorite film of mine for the longest time, and when I saw it in the theaters even it was muddy. The d the DVD released, the Anchor Bay DVD release was Muddy. I never I had the shameless Blu Ray hit was awful. You can say it, you know, but it wasn't. You know. It's something that I that I needed to hang on to, so seeing it in all of its glory. But I mean, I feel like most four K restorations I watched these days like really bowl me over, because yeah, you know, I came from either the theater or VHS generation. So and especially the VHS generation. I mean, like it's cool like that. The collector's market of VHS is is what it is, you know, but living living through it and having access to like a four K of Dawn of the Dead, come on, Yeah, I'm not one.
Speaker 2: Of those that has nostalgia for the v h us here.
Speaker 3: You know what, I want to diss it, you know, like I have all kinds of stuff, you know, but ye, like it's just it's not quite my thing.
Speaker 2: Not quite my thing is a great way to put it. We're going to go through some more about the QC for seven stuff later and that's that's the big topic tonight. Obviously, we got a seven sale launching in the middle of the show. Later on tonight. We got some recommendations Blake's got ten titles. I've got somewhere between seven and ten titles to talk about. What We'll get there as soon as we go through the announcements. But let's do our regular stuff first. What uh what do you got pickups lately?
Speaker 3: Well, right before, like I mean, right before we started, I was watching your Your five dollars recommendation, the Kim's video documentary.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 3: That really put me in the mood for this conversation because it brought back so much nostalgia and I had no idea that mister Kim was such a gangster, like it's a it was a really I thought it was a really on documentary. It wasn't. I thought it was going to be all nostalgia. It starts out that way, but then just like he gets in this awesome you know, like uh yeah, yeah, yeah. That was that was really fun. And like I said, I took a little mini vacation so I could watch a couple finally unwrap a couple of titles and like, you know, talk about them now. Of course, I know you were talking about this a couple of weeks ago, the Equator mass experiment. It is just oh my god.
Speaker 2: So I did bring this up tonight, this one, and here's the second one.
Speaker 3: Oh no, these are.
Speaker 2: Incredible, Like, I mean, you've been sharing some pictures. How do you feel about these? What has been amazing?
Speaker 3: Like It's one of those things where I look at it and I'm like, oh my god, like eighty dollars all right, no, no, you know, and then finally like all right, me fine, you know, paying for whatever. Its semi paining list. Then it shows up and you're like, oh my god, you know, even just popping like the first disc and there's like a million bar features. There's you know, I know everybody that gets down on the art cards and stuff. But maybe one day I'll frame them. I don't know, they're so cool, you know what I mean. It's just like I guess it's a way to like inflate the price of things sometimes, but I don't know it's so cool. I don't care.
Speaker 2: Great and I mean honestly for the price. Somehow they feel like a steal at the end of it, Like there's so much in there.
Speaker 3: There's like four four, four or five discs in there, you know, I think, and the restorations are beautiful, Like I did you finally get a chance to watch this one or the first one.
Speaker 2: The first one I have. I've at least scanned over the disc. I've seen quater Masts many times, so I'm not trying to pour through it again.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I had never seen it before, Okay, I.
Speaker 2: Mean the three main movies are incredible. You got to get the sequel to If you have not yet, you should.
Speaker 3: Oh well, I mean, don't that a good time? Dude? I already figured you need to talk to me to spend some money tonight.
Speaker 2: So just a little bit nothing crazy, anything else you want to you wanna flash?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So, oh yeah, dude, this for sure the mystery of the Third Planet, This Death Crocodile, Treasure of Soviet animation. This thing plays like psychedelic Johnny Quest from Russia. It is like what a vibe, you know what I mean? Like, I feel like any Death Crocodile movie you just pop it on and you're like, what, Like, it's just such a vibe. You know. That in particular was so much fun. I loved it. It was total Johnny Quest vibes.
Speaker 4: The uh.
Speaker 2: The hard thing to share about that because animation, for some reason, when you post stills online, they're not super impressive. These movies you need to pop the disc in and just kind of live in the restoration for a minute.
Speaker 3: So it's and there's a there's a jankiness to the animation that of course, you know, it's like this, you know, Soviet like era like of course, it was very cheaply you know, designed and made. But it's just the ingenuity I have the character design, creature design space backgrounds. It's like it competes with anything that Japanese animation has offered from the seventies, you know what I mean. It's crazy and to me it's like The Wild West. You know, I watched that stuff. I know nothing about it, you know, it's so cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that that first release is great. And we're going to talk about volume two tonight. In fact, I think that's our first announcement we get to talk about awesome. All right. I'll share a couple and then if you got anything else you can throw it in. This is very late. It is July twenty fourth. This released on July first, and I just got my own copy of the magazine that I publish, and here is issue number twenty and this is the all black and white. It look at that. Yeah, I took delayed like three weeks to get it to my house. The author copies suck to get, but I am so happy with this one. It is crazy good looking in personally, I gotta.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm happy to announce that mine came quickly from Amazon. So I really I love the black and white photo section in the middle. You know, that's really cool, you know, but glamour shots. Yeah, there's a lot of a lot of great writing in there as well. It's fun. It's fun to pick up a zine, you know, like style publication, but it's it's a lot slicker than the crosswords and stuff or so, you know. That's the only problem with the dude is I want to mark it up. I want to like get my pan out. Yeah. Yeah, I got to do it for sure. It's so much fun.
Speaker 2: I mean, I had somebody show that they keep the release date parts of it and they circle the ones that they want so they can go back through and actually cross them out when they get it in.
Speaker 3: And that's I kind of wanted to highlight it with the highlighter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah. If anybody is not get it yet, you got to check it out. It's it's it's some good stuff. I see Silent mannible saying he's got to get the physical copies. They are so worth it. Dustin saying, got that issue is hard copies So aid arrived in the mail.
Speaker 3: A week before I released it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Dustin always when I announce it by like the next morning, he's like, look what I got already.
Speaker 3: I'm my gosh, dang it.
Speaker 2: Next one, you talked about an OCN release, So here's one that I wanted to share. This is the Saturn's Core release of Twisted issues that just came out. This is Charles Pinion soov film that I am super stoked to get. Helped produce the commentary for this release and could not order this fast enough when it went up crazy like different type of like glossy slipcover for Saturn Score than they normally do. But in all reality, this is the poster that many people recognize just as an overloaded disc as usual. I mean, the back is literally all the way to the bottom of it, and I think there's even there might even be one more thing that's not listed here because there's not enough space. But it is like every time you get a release like that, I know that I got my money's worth, which I always appreciate, so that's been nice. I got one more, sort of smaller release, but I did get one more that I wanted to pair with quater Mass too, because I pre ordered this months ago, and I think a warehouse change sort of spawned a delay. And finally I got in this thing that is heavier than all shit, and that is Wake and Fright four K from Umbrella, and.
Speaker 3: It's at that chalky boy. I love those translucent slips like that. Yes, yeah, that is such a nice look. That's really nice. Love this movie. I have not put the four K in yet. I just watched this.
Speaker 2: I think it was in October, but man, really eager to watch this again. This is if you've never seen Wake and Fright, it is one of the sweatiest movies you will ever see. It is a very hot type of movie, and so it's not really great to watch in July in the middle of a freaking heat wave in the Midwest. I'll probably watch this like mid November and be able to warm up a little bit around.
Speaker 3: So you watch, you watch the cold movies in the summer and the hot movies in the winter. I'm a fat man. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It genuinely brings me a little bit of comfort. Yeah, yeah, it's worth it for sure.
Speaker 3: I feel like I do the opposite because, like, you know, we had a heat wave here and I was watching like Hills have Eyes and stuff like that, Texas Chainsaw getting sweaty.
Speaker 2: Hills Advice is rough in the summer, and it doesn't watch the original or the remake. Both of them are like, yeah, we're just gonna suck the soul, idiot.
Speaker 3: Yeah I was. I was actually pricing out the I have only seen the first of the Wrong Turn films. Maybe your watchers can tell me if the rest of them are worth watching, because around that time I was like, oh, maybe I should check those out too, But I was like, there's like eight of them or something.
Speaker 2: I don't think i've seen any of the rug The first.
Speaker 3: One is you know, you got the killer hillbilly scenario. You know you can't go wrong with that. It's always always plausible, I need to for sure.
Speaker 2: The last one, I feel like is a quite blake type of pick. And I have the first one here somewhere, but this one is maybe of the first two, the one that I'm more excited about also very much goes with the shirt throm Aring Tonight kind of on theme because we both are into some of the something weird stuff. This new Psychotronica set that is coming out through They're they're calling it MVD visual, but I think it's actually a piece of VCI if I remember right. So these are this is Mondo key Hole. This is the second release in this new line that they're doing. I think they've announced six now. And there's some like sexploitation type titles. There's some some stuff that is a little on the sneezier side. They're not gonna have like amazing restorations or anything. These are gonna be pretty budget type of releases. But these are really really interesting and not getting a lot of attention on other sort of labels. So check the other ones out that they just did. Oh gosh, I can't remember the name of it, but I think it's The Mermaids of Birius or something like that is one of them, and it's basically just a bunch of topless mermaids. I mean, what's not to love there? That that's great, But yeah, Monda Keyhole is not going to get probably a release from anybody else anytime soon. And these are these are decent releases. I mean we're talking too discs. Yeah, I got reversible art. It's got some special features as a brand new commentary on here. Uh it is if I remember, I think this is even like a two K restoration scan. But these are these are yeah, restored in two K from the original uncut thirty five millimeter negative. I kind of think these are going under the radar, so pay attention to these.
Speaker 3: If. Yeah, I definitely need that Topless Mermaids definitely sounds like right.
Speaker 2: I think it comes out next month. I need to get that one in here too. But it brings up something that is really really exciting for tonight. If you are paying attention to the announcements. Right before we went live tonight, I shared a video across all of my social media for a new podcast joining the Someone's Favorite Productions Network, And now I want to share that video with all of you before we go into the announcements only bring it.
Speaker 3: Hello, filthy movie lovers.
Speaker 5: My name is Gentry Austin, now on Casey Scott, and we're the hosts of the Sin Syndicate film podcast for Something Weirdos Anti Criterion Bros. And Joseph Sarno of Ficionados join us semi weekly as we peer into the adults only theaters in sticky floored cinemas of the golden age of sexploitation, when the morals were loose, the laws were murky, and the intercourse was all simulated. Find us now on the Someone's Favorite Productions podcast network.
Speaker 2: There we go, and we're back. So yeah, really really exciting that they're part of the network, but maybe even more exciting we get to bring on for a few minutes. Here the two hosts of the show. Here's Gentry Austin and Casey Scott. Welcome, gentlemen, Hey guys, thank you for having us and grand tradition.
Speaker 6: We're already talking over each other.
Speaker 2: I am so that this is incredible. First, tell us how sin sind Kit got started.
Speaker 7: Well, I'll start, I guess I started a Instagram page probably about a year and a half ago, just dedicated to sexploitation, mainly as a way for me to kind of just remember all the stuff I was watching, because if you've watched any sexploitation you know that they're very brief. Ninety minutes is probably for a sexploitation film. So I was watching so many I was like, okay, I need to like just catalog this somehow. So I just started a page and posted original screen caps and video clips, and after a while I was just like, you know what, in my research, I was like, you know, nobody's really doing a.
Speaker 3: Podcast about this.
Speaker 7: I mean, some people have been covering some of the titles, some of the larger titles I guess, you know, the Best Buyers and some of the doors Wishman stuff. But I kind of saw a void there and I was just like, well, Jesus, God knows, we don't need another podcast, but you know, this might be fun. So you know, Casey is a guy who you know, his name has come up a lot in my research into sexploitation, so I had sent him just a random message online. I was just like, hey, I want to start a sexploitation podcast, and right away he was like, let's do it. So I was like, all right, let's let's start it. And we just have been kind of off to the races since then.
Speaker 2: Well in my post I shared that literally like three minutes into hearing the first episode that I listened to, I went, you know, we have to get this podcast I mean, it is movies I love. It is respect to filmmakers that don't get much respect. It is well researched, It is accurate research. It is discussing back and forth if we're going to fix IMDb pages because nobody has over the last forty three years. And that is the kind of autistic attention to detail that I love. Casey, Ye, how did we get to this point in research? Because this is incredible?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Casey is a stickler for their accuracy.
Speaker 8: All right, go ahead, Casey, I really am. Yeah, but I've said that multiple times, you know. In our last episode that just I think the first one on the network was the ed Wood one, and we talked about how there are people attributing films to ed Wood, but I need the proof, and it's hard to find proof on a lot of these things. So that's what I try to do. You know, I've been doing this for I've been doing this since high school and I turned forty two this year, so I've been doing this for a long time. I've been reaching out to people who will talk to me and doing extras for you know, media Blasters releases, Vinegar Syndrome releases, District picts, releases things like that over the years. So I've thought about doing a podcast, but I tend to stay I try to try to stay in the background. I try to platform the people that I'm writing about or that I'm interviewing.
Speaker 6: It's really more about them.
Speaker 8: But Gentry contacted me, and I said, well, I think there's all work if I'm working with someone who's passionate as Gentry, because then it will be I'll have someone that can we can support each other and keep each other passionate and interested about this. And Gentry does the editing, Gentry does the sound bite, sound clips and everything, and no, it's it's been fun so far, but it's it's the only frustrating thing for me is that we've barely.
Speaker 6: Scratched the surface. So we have a massive list of stuff.
Speaker 8: That we want to want to cover and we only do it like once every week or every two weeks, and we want need to do a double feature or something, Gentry to kind of knock a few more off this list.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I see, Yeah, I had I had pitched that early on, like, hey, we'll do like top ten you know, newty qts, top ten naughty Westerns. But then I think we kind of decided not to go that route, but yeah, we'll see.
Speaker 8: I tend to do that anyway, because we cover so much stuff in one episode on one film, and that was actually that's something I was thinking about doing a letterbox list of all the movies that we randomly bring up in every episode, you know, because we really jump all a massive list.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I always wish i'd done that when I first started, that's for sure.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I guess.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I was just gonna say, like a little background is that, you know, we cover one, like Casey said, we cover one film per episode, and we do a pretty deep dive on it. We like, you know, if if you've if you're familiar with exploitation, like, there is still a lot of mystery around a lot of the films, so we do our best to try to uncoll for what we can. And Casey's a great researcher. I'm an armchair researcher as well, So so give our yeah, give it a listen, and hopefully, you know, let us know if we if we missed anything or if there's any corrections.
Speaker 6: We love that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the kind of the kind of titles you guys are covering. I mean you mentioned I would. You've talked about, uh, these these sexy nwdy westerns. You've talked about these random ass exploitation films that so many people have just never heard of. Something weird gets brought up pretty much every twelve seconds. And Blake, who is yesternight, loves something weird as well.
Speaker 3: Blake, I love something weird. Y, just do it.
Speaker 2: Mahoning like just a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 3: Right man, it was my so I only live like seriously like under an hour away from there, but my schedule and everything, I just have not gotten a chance to go out there. But as soon as I saw there was something weird event, yeah, we had to go. We had a dh I had met Lisa back in the day, you know it conventions like back then. Yeah, but like it was nice to see her and say hi, uh you know. Of course seeing that stuff though, like on the on the drive in screen and the little intermissions like everything. It was fourth of July. It was like the best Fourth of July I ever hed, you know, like it was really fun and Mahoning was just such a good vibe. Yeah, very good vibe.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they did a something weird series in anthology film markots here in New York a couple of years ago, and you know it was with Mike uh. I think it was after Mike could pass unfortunately, but Lisa was involved. And they sent actual prints and they had a print that they had two prints that actually broke while they were testing them on the projectors. But they actually sent the one print they had of the pick up with the burnt in Danish subtitles, the one print they sent to actually project on that. Yeah, and then one of the only two prints of Smell of Honey they sent, and I think Frank Frank kinelatter sent behind sat behind me and we get whispering to each other, Oh my god, this.
Speaker 3: Is so cool.
Speaker 6: I can't believe we're getting to see this. It was like, is a really otherworldly experience.
Speaker 3: So any of those.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you gotta take it. If they ever show anywhere New you like an hour is a fair.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean in New York is like scranted in New York, very close to each other. So we you know, we we were supposed to come for Tribeca Film Festival this year to see the Milligan stuff, but just things that right for us, So yeah, speaking of that.
Speaker 2: Night, Casey, you just went on a long, long discussion on the on the Milligan stuff. Can you share some fun experiences from that night?
Speaker 6: That was one that I unfortunately was not able to make.
Speaker 8: Alex or Alex are kind of unofficial third co host. Alex DeSanto was able to go and he but he is kind of like a celebrity in the Milligan world, so he went to like a special pre screening thing with all these Milligan actors and with Jimmy McDonough. So, I mean, he didn't it wasn't He didn't really go into that much detail about what that night was. But I think we could have done a whole episode about that event because he was just over the moon with that, with that experience. But I'm excited to see those when they come out.
Speaker 7: Hell yeah, like yeah, yeah, and be on the documentary if you picked it. It hasn't been announced yet, but I'm assuming Severn is gonna be putting out that degenerate documentary. So keep an eye over Alex. He'll be the guy with like the great hair you seem, yeah.
Speaker 2: The only one the model.
Speaker 3: Yes. Uh.
Speaker 2: You got a question from Dan Sibner. What is each of your favorites NUDI subgenre casey, what's yours?
Speaker 8: Oh God, you know I have to stay classic and go with the Ruffies unfortunate.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean the Ruffies.
Speaker 8: The Ruffies were kind of the mind blowing subgenre that I was like, oh wow, these are really kind of hateful towards women, and it makes you think about like why, and so it really opens up the whole can of worms about the historical and the social context of these films, like what led to this? How are these films? How are these films seen then? And how are they seen now? And we're really lucky we got to see any of them because most of them are black and white, and though it did not have any kind of home video life at all until Something Weird came around, so like we wouldn't know who Michael Finley was, we wouldn't know Anton Holden or you know, the OLDA films like none of the We would know none of those if it wasn't for Something Weird. So definitely the Roughies for me, which is I guess a boring answer, but I just keep going back to them.
Speaker 3: I don't know, Gentry.
Speaker 2: If I remember your commentary right, it's got to be the nudy Westerns, right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, right, there's a lot of good ones.
Speaker 3: I do love.
Speaker 7: I do like, I really like the good nudy Westerns that we got, which are like three of them. But no, I'd probably say the same as Casey, probably the Ruffies or the new you could call them, probably the nudy Noirs, same thing. But yeah, if you listen to our kiss Me Quick episode where we talked about the Nudy Cuties, you know, we talk about how it's all building up, you know, the nudi Quts built up to the Ruffies because you know the market was saturated with these stupid nudy comedies where men were like not allowed to touch women. So you know, the Ruffies were introducing this concept like Okay, we're going to go all the way now. You know, the censorship laws were lax enough that we can we can abuse them and do you know.
Speaker 5: Heinous things to them.
Speaker 7: So that's that's and then it goes we could go further than that, but we'll keep it from we'll keep it there.
Speaker 2: What about you, Blake, do you do you have one of those that's your favorite?
Speaker 3: I mean, of course, anything with like monsters in it, like what is it House on Bear Mountain or monsters crashed the Pajama Party, you know, like those kind of things, right dead yeah, oh man, Orgy of the Dead, the classic classic ed would you know a theme strip tease in multiple rounds with Chris Well, yeah, cannot be griswe.
Speaker 2: I mean I would say ruffies too, So that's already been believed to death.
Speaker 7: But then they're coming off really woman hating here, classic monster kid.
Speaker 8: I mean that was kind of fun. When we did Kiss Me Quick, we kind of touched on that a little bit. There aren't there aren't enough monster No, to be honest, you don't make a couple naked ladies nearly enough.
Speaker 6: No, it's just it's such a fun.
Speaker 3: But those are my main interests, so.
Speaker 8: That tracks the interests are sex and horror, So that might that might mean why the Ruffies are kind of because they are really horrific at least for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I just watched a couple of the Joe films and you know, I'm sorry, great, yeah, you know, and the Ron Sullivan Ron Sullivan box seat from Yeah, some cool stuff in there, man, but also very very mean.
Speaker 8: Yes, well, last weekend was like that's the one particular experience whatsoever. Yeah, like I interview know about that film and he said, yeah, I just basically live to Sam Lake and said I was a film student to get in Who's good graces and said, oh, I wrote this little script and he said, here's a camera, go shoot your movie. That's why there's all the shit that is overexposed, and.
Speaker 3: Well, like he didn't know what he was doing for what it is. Though it looks amazing now. I mean, I think they look so good. Everything on there, it just pops. It's so awesome. It's so awesome to see that stuff like wrist Story did that degree.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you guys for coming on and joining the network. I think a lot of people in chat. Are you going to subscribe to that podcast? Now before we go, Gentry, tell us about this brand new episode with the ed Wood Films.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we had Will Sloan on, who some of you may know for his work he did with gold Ninja Video. He's done a bunch of stuff with them. But he's got a new book out about Edward. It's like a critical analysis. And I reach out to him to talk about a film that nobody wants to talk about, which is the Sinister Urge.
Speaker 6: It's ed Woods pretty much his last.
Speaker 7: Mainstream movie before he couldn't get a job and just started writing smutty novels and he wrote Orgy the Dead somewhere in the middle there.
Speaker 6: But yeah, we talked to Will about Sinister Urge and kind of how it you know where it.
Speaker 7: Is in the ed Wood Cannon, and going back to the Ruffie, we talk about how it's kind of one of the first Ruffies, maybe the first or second one, but you'll have to listen to the episode to learn more about that.
Speaker 2: Cannot wait, Casey Gentry, thanks for doing this. Everybody, please go subscribe. The links are out there. Anywhere that you get your podcasts from, you can get the sin syndicate. You guys are incredible, Genuinely, the amount of work that goes into each episode should be applauded, and I know that from experience, podcasting is rather insular, and I'm sure you don't get that feedback a lot. So thank you for what you do because it's incredible work.
Speaker 6: Yeah, thank you. I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Ali. Guys, we'll talk to you again soon. Thanks for hanging.
Speaker 6: Out, Thank you for having us. Glad to because of guys.
Speaker 2: Have a good night.
Speaker 6: You guys, you too, Thanks.
Speaker 2: All right, I mean thanks for putting up with that Blake.
Speaker 3: That was awesome. That was awesome. I checked out the podcast the other day when you told me that they were going to be on, and it's awesome. It's very much something that I will find myself listening to all the time.
Speaker 2: So nice, cool, nice recent watches. Is there anything else that wasn't in your pickups that you wanted to highlight before we go into this or do you have more pickups?
Speaker 3: I don't remember. I do, Oh, I do have some more pickups. Of course. I did get from the from the from the Criterion sale. I got Thief. It took forever to get here, you know. I don't know what was going on with Amazon with that one, but it was a nice price, so I had to get it, you know. Nice. That was an essential I did get, of course, after so going to the driving event at mahoning into something weird, I had to get the teenage Gang Debs nice right, Yeah, that that was another one and definitely a big shout out to I got my copy of Breaking Glass. I loved this movie. Earlier when we talked about the QC. Of course I did not mention. I have pretty much worked on every Fun City release since Party Girl, and so this one was really fun. And I found myself like listening to Hazel O'Connor for like weeks afterwards, you know, like, very very cool movie. I don't have that yet, we get it, dude.
Speaker 2: I wanted to pre order it with Fabulous Stains and I was like, this up soon, right, And now it's been like six weeks since we found out about it. I'm like, come on, come on, get it out there. But yeah, I'll pick it up eventually because I've never seen that one, but I love Fabulous Stains, so I was really hoping to get it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was. It was a cool like you know, also kind of simultaneously almost I had worked on for Keno, the Blur documentary and the live performance, and I never knew that Phil, Phil Daniels. Phil said his name, the actor, Yeah he was. He's the guy that does the park life pretty much spoken word for the for the Blur song. He's from Quadrophenia. He's also in Breaking Glass, you know, so it's got a neat little uh. I know that guy. You know, It's cool, very cool, nice.
Speaker 2: Uh. Any other recent watches.
Speaker 3: We went to go see Spinal Tap in the theater the other day, which included a little bit of the of the new film, which was very enticing.
Speaker 2: I think the trailer just dropped like right when we went live, because they're doing this San Diego Comic Con event thing right now too, so we'll have to see that soon. I'm kind of worried because they're all quite old and it's been a long time.
Speaker 3: The the the little clip that they played at the end of the movie very much referenced that in in a very hilarious way. So I'm hoping that's like the joke that they go with kind of you know what I mean. So it seemed, you know, we'll see't I don't, you know, I'm not a huge comedy guy, so I don't really watch a ton of comedy films.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's twenty I mean, I was gonna say twenty twenty five, but like modern times right now is kind of rough for comedy. I'm very curious to see how this whole Naked Gun reboot slash remake goes over with people, because great comedies are kind of hard to come by right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a tough subject, and it's probably not my best subject because I've never been like I have a few of course, you know what I mean that I really enjoy, but it's just you know, yeah, definitely. It's easy to have a nostalgic filter on comedies from when you were younger. And that's what I always ask myself, like is it that am I just getting older and the humor is not the same for me, you know what I mean, a lot of the stuff that's coming out now and that's probably why I don't enjoy it, or is it just not funny? You know?
Speaker 2: So yeah, I mean it's a different time. And I mean that's a good question. You mentioned you go to the theater for spinal tip. Are you seeing many modern movies?
Speaker 3: Probably? Probably not. I feel like a lot of my time is tied up in QC. To be honest with there.
Speaker 2: I'm not surprised, Like.
Speaker 3: You know, I work another job too. I work three days a week and pretty much the rest of it, Like if I get out, it's normally I don't even remember it was the last new thing that we saw it was, To be honest with you, yeah, it takes a bit to get me to go to the theater. Also, you know, I'm not into like I might see Superman because it seems you know, fun. And James Gunn So that's an interesting story. When I worked at Troma, James had the job that I had maybe two people ahead of me, so he was kind of in the slither stage of his career then and was always like very cool when I had to like message him and ask him questions, just some you know, low level trauma idiot, you know what I mean. And you know when he had his like bigger films come out in the Guardians and stuff like that, I remember sending the messages and he was always like very cool about it, you know what I mean. So seeing also how hard the Hooe got trolled on, I would probably want to want to go see it just for moral reasons, you know, Like you know, but I enjoy a popcorn movie, and if I don't see it, if I don't see it in the theater, my likelihood of seeing it is like zero, you know, So I really would have to, you know, And I'm not a snob about how it or anything like that. It's just it's kind of like, you know, I just don't that's not quite the vibe. Yeah, I look for you also, Mike Ripe. I know you've seen me complain about this on my personal Facebook. Everything is three hours long. I don't need another three hour like comic book movie. Man, give me like, yeah, I watched all these exploitation movies or seventy minutes. I love it. It's like, give me a tight eddy, let's go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, you know, to get into what I watched this week. Speaking of modern movies, we are. We're at the stage where I'm trying to escape my kids quite a bit. So we somehow talked to my mom into watching our kids every Saturday for us to go to the theater. So at this point I'm watching movies that I could not possibly care less about, but I get to stay out and in a movie theater. So I'm basically in heaven, even though the movies aren't great.
Speaker 3: But this last week's enjoying the experience of going. It's such exactly time. Yeah. Always yeah.
Speaker 2: So this last weekend I was kind of worried because things did not look amazing in the trailers. But first film we went and saw Eddington. This is a rough one to set your palette for the Night. The next ari Astra film. I thought it was quite well made. It was really well shot. They really captured New Mexico beautifully captured twenty twenty in a way that I don't think think anybody has in a film yet.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: But at the same time, just like you just said, I think there was about forty minutes that did not need to be in this movie. I feel like ari Astra's at a stage in his career where nobody is telling him no, and he just puts every single thing that he needs in his mind to put in the movie. And the story is great, and I like the movie. I'm not saying that I didn't, but it definitely had a lot of stuff that just playing did not need to be in the movie. I mean, the second act specifically is long and drawn out.
Speaker 3: It does definitely, you know, obviously a result of like the limitations previously of film stock and the raw materials and things, you know, not having to deal with that has opened up a whole new world of wank, you know, like, yeah, a cinematic wank, you know, like and I don't know, man like sometimes and I you know, I like a ton like I love on the Silver Globe you know what I mean. That movie's like three hours long and has big sections that are just spoken word. But it's awesome. You you know what I mean. Movies that need to be long, you know, like they need to be long, and I could you know, that's a whole argument. This will set off a whole entire argument. But it needs to be long, you know. Yeah, well you want to you want to trim a good twenty minutes out of the Godfather, you know, like I don't know, you know, like, but that's really funny, you know.
Speaker 2: So yeah, last Weekend, the other two real quick. I'm gonna breeze by the second one, because god, this movie is not easy to talk about. I know what you did last summer at the reboot Slash remake. This is a terrible movie. It's awfully written. That being said, it was entertaining, like it was a fun watch, but in no way is it a good movie. Like they they spoiled it's they the movie spoiled itself like twenty minutes into it, and I'm just lost at that stage. But the last one is really the one that I wanted to spend a moment on because I don't think hardly anybody's gonna see this movie let alone in the theater, right, I bet this is going to get very little play. But somehow amc here was showing a film with one of the worst titles I've ever heard, called don't Let's go to the dogs tonight?
Speaker 3: Did Ai write that.
Speaker 2: Let's go to the dogs tonight? This is a movie about a family of European descent that is living in Africa in nineteen eighty during one of the wartimes that is happening around there, and there is a period of political tension where they're leading up to a general election and essentially, if one candidate wins, the idea of democracy feels like it's going to win. And if the other candidate wins, like the nation of Africa that is sort of independent away from the Europeans that are there are they're feeling more confident that they're going to fare better. But it's a very much a rising tension film all leading up to this political moment. But what makes us interesting is this a movie that is made from the point of view of an eight year old. So there is a young daughter named Bobo in this film that we are watching the entire time, and so there's certain things that happened that you're only catching glimpses of them because you're the eight year old watching this. And so there's things like the parents go into the room and they shut the door, and she says, oh, I know what they're doing in there, because the door is shut and locked, and then there's like a brief pause and she says, yeah, they're moving furniture and sometimes naked, and it's just like, it's an eight year old, so they obviously we know what they're doing, has no clue, and it's just a hilarious setup for that. But the interesting part is for those that loved the movie Matilda when you were younger, this was directed and starring miss Honey from Matilda. I had no idea it was her until it started.
Speaker 3: Good movie.
Speaker 2: I gave it a solid three and a half stars. It was worth the time, It wasn't super long. It was a good film. Good time.
Speaker 3: Now, how does your personal rating scale work? Let me ask you, and hold on one second. My diabetic dog is eating cat. Oliver, get over here. I told you don't named Oliver. That was perfection. He's named Oliver Reed. He's named after you know, the famed actor. Probably why he is now diabetic is that he always had an affinity for beer, and what he would do was if you happen to leave a drink on the floor or like anywhere, he would knock it over or lick the top of it. And you know, I don't know, but yeah, he's he's diabetic now. And I've kind of disliked whethered it for the last bit of the conversation because I didn't want to be ruined. Like but we previously discussed. We have several rescue animals here and one of the one of the wonderful things about doing QCs that allows me to also care for the menagerie.
Speaker 2: As I explained to Blake the chat knows, I said, you you're gonna mention the animals. I have to make an appearance tonight. So at some point there something will make an appearance with four links.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I feel like the Orange Cats are just getting ready for something big.
Speaker 2: All right, So yeah, check out some of those movies if they sound interesting. I feel like it's time to get into some announcements. Though we got to breeze through some of these. We can get to Severn. Let us do it. So first, up tonight. Is I actually like that a little bit better. Deaf Crocodile announced their title that is up for pre order.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: This is The Treasures of Soviet Animation Volume two. This has in it The Snow Queen, The Scarlet Flower, and the Key from nineteen fifty seven, nineteen fifty two and nineteen sixty one. Now, the interesting thing about this that is a little abnormal from Deaf Crocodile stuff. Usually they put something up for pre order and it's going to be out the end of the following month. There was a restoration backup, and Craig has been working like crazy and so sadly this is going to be coming out the next month. This will be out in September, not August. But on the bright side, you get two really great titles in September. We're going to announce the next one in August. Another incredible movie. I hope you guys check out both of them. But this is a big deal. Specifically, The Snow Queen is one that people have been wanting a great restoration for for ages. We have lots of examples of Miyazaki praising The Snow Queen, saying this is his favorite film and Without it, Studio Ghibli would would not exist. So that's a that's a pretty big deal.
Speaker 3: That's cool, man. How many volumes of these have? They said yes.
Speaker 2: In the podcast episode that we just released last week, they say there are currently six volumes Treasures of Soviet Animation planned.
Speaker 3: At least I have to resubscribe because I have everything from the beginning and it's been a little little tougher to chase without the subscription, so I think I need to do that again.
Speaker 2: Well, and hopefully people watching. No, I'm not really wanted to like hype up foma or anything like that, but I'm also really proud of Deaf Crocodile because after leaving OCN and going through that transition for a little while, it, you know, some people got lost in the shuffle. Of course, inevitably, everybody knew that was going to happen when you leave a company like that. But now some of these edis.
Speaker 3: That's unfortunate because I feel like the things that they've done in the nice hard box editions since then have been just like really beautiful.
Speaker 2: Right the hard part if you're not a subscriber, some of these limited editions are starting to sell out quickly.
Speaker 3: Now I did notice that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there are multiple titles that have come out in just the last three or four months that are already gone of the deluxe edition. So if anybody's after these again, not trying to say fear missing out, go by now or they're gone. But on the other hand, like The Snow Queen is a title that a lot of people have wanted on disc for a long time. I don't see this volume lasting very.
Speaker 3: Long, So Buddie, I can hear my credit cards screaming tomorrow. All right, I knew you're gonna talk me into all kinds of bad stuff here tonight.
Speaker 2: Well I'm not trying, but congratulations, because you're gonna love it. This release, by the way, lots of stuff to go over. We've got all three films in Russian with English subs. We have a new visual essay by Evan Chester on here, new visual essay by John Atkins of Animation Obsessive, New commentary tracks by Ralf Gezen on this. New artwork on the standard edition by Beth Morris, who does great stuff. I love the circles that we're doing on the animation sets for the Soviet stuff. It's such a beautiful way to separate the three titles in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I listened to your interview with her the other day, and I think that her work on this stuff has been just awesome, just awesome.
Speaker 2: And then the deluxe edition, this is Haley Bucks. She is doing the art for all of the hard boxes in this set for at least you know, we've got six so far and more potentially theoretically, so that's crazy. And then of course you get a sixty page illustrated book with it. You've got another essay by Rolf kes In, and then of course an essay by Waltshaw, who does something for all of the book's incredible release. Check it out now if you are into it. Nice first Severn title of the night. So, a four K release of kill List from twenty eleven is on the doc. This is the first four K release of this title anywhere in the world. Over six hours of special features. You get a commentary with Ben Wheatley and Mike Hewitt on this archival commentary with Ben and Amy Jump, another archival commentary with some of the actors. You've got interviews that are coming on this. You've got archival making of all kinds of stuff. Kill List I love this movie. I think this is one of the better folkhre movies of the last twenty years, because you know, a lot of people are gonna say that they dropped off at that point, but this, I think is like top tier of that group. I'm sure you've seen this one here and did you you see this title?
Speaker 3: For sure? Did? Yeah? I think the only one out of this batch that I didn't do in some form or another was the Linda Blair film for the Summer Sale, I should say, but this film in particular, I had not seen before, and so when I get a title, I just I just download it, get ready to work on it. I don't if I've never heard of it, I don't look it up. I don't want to know anything about it. I mean, that's kind of how I treat my film watching in general. I try not to watch trailers if I don't have to, and things like that. You know, so you can imagine that this one was a what the hell you know? And I feel like, of course, the less said about it, the better. But you know, Ben Wheatley awesome, so cool. The supplements, I feel like, really give you a feeling for the friendship between the two lead actors, and it gives you a better appreciation for the performance in the whole thing. It just gives it depth, you know what I mean. But what an awesome movie. Yeah, it's If you haven't seen it, just don't just don't know anything about it.
Speaker 2: Don't watch a trailer, don't read anything, don't go Please don't go check reviews because one of the worst things that you could do is hurt the feeling that this movie is going to give you, because you will feel quite a lot. Yeah, this movie's amazing.
Speaker 3: It definitely had me guessing I've until the last act, that's for sure. Nice all right.
Speaker 2: Next up, Keno Laber September twenty third is part of their Keino Cult line. They're putting out Dan Curtis's late night mysteries from nineteen seventy four. These are some made for TV. I think they're just called made for TV movies. In this I believe it's like three or four of them. Nightmare at forty three Hillcrest is getting commentary by Amanda Reyas and Heidi Honeycut.
Speaker 3: Honeycut.
Speaker 2: I think Amanda said that at least one of these know the ones has a commentary and Keino for some reason did not list it in the announcement, but I believe it's there. Yeah, this looks like a must for me. I love Amanda Rays being on these releases. She's obviously the authority on the made for TV stuff. Is this something you're gonna check out there, Blake?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, for sure. I love Dan Curtis. Of course. Dark Shadows is a is a big It's a big influence. When I was young, when I was a wee lad and we had four channels, PBS had had Doctor Who in Dark Shadows all the time. Yeah, and I love the seventies and eighties television movie vibe. But he was keen on previously put out the classic was it Classic Ghosts or something like that. Yeah. Set Also, you know, they're just like these are mood pieces, vibes. You know, you can just kind of hang out and like, you know, they're they're creepy, you know, maybe not a ton of action, you know, if you're used to like the Italian gut Busters or something like that, but all vibe pieces always worth watching.
Speaker 2: And then the other thing is these are like genuine rescues. It's kind of amazing that the made for TV stuff is actually being put on disc because for years we didn't think a lot of these were ever gonna happen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure, things even like was it the one with the little goblin guys in the basement, don't don't look in the basement or something like that?
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, please write all of the copy for every release ever, because that was amazing.
Speaker 3: Green Light, It's a go picture.
Speaker 2: Next up, very different vibe from made for TV movies. September ninth, Vertical Entertainment putting out Liam Neeson in Ice Road Vengeance, which is a sequel I don't even remember. Maybe the first one was just called Ice Road.
Speaker 3: Probably not.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, this guy is just kind of doing his thing. Uh are you li and guy in action movies in twenty twenty five?
Speaker 3: I mean, I can't say that if I, you know, if I didn't get a couple of teeth fowl or something, I would watch this. You know, Land on the Couch looks kind of like something I can I can knock out too, But I don't know if i'd be adding this one of the shelves anytime soon.
Speaker 2: It looks like a painkiller movie, got it?
Speaker 3: For sure? That's yeah? On four K.
Speaker 2: Stone Cold with Brian Bosworth. We don't have a date yet, but they've already previously released this on Blu Ray. This will likely knowing Keno, probably not yet any new extra since they just did it on Blue, but hey, it'll get a brand new HDR Dolby Vision Master. And there's a lot of people that love this movie, so this is a big deal for a lot of eighties kids.
Speaker 3: And this has a stacked cast otherwise, doesn't it yet? Like Lance Henrickson, like a whole sure is in ninety one too, like peak Lance Hendrickson, I you know this, this seems like it could have gotten a VSU restoration. I wonder how escape you know it would have looked nice next to Navy sales.
Speaker 2: Myself stuck with Kenos since they buy eight hundred and forty seven licenses a year. All right, next up of four K upgrade Sunday seven is releasing Asylum this year, so this will not be available tonight. This will go up on Sunday to get you to come back and buy some of their four K upgrades. We got four of those titles that they're updating that are titles that they've released prior that are now going to four K. Asylum is one that has a brand new interview. So this is a new Blu ray and a new four K disc. They're not just reusing the old Blu ray. And I gotta say, Asylum is one that has a history of looking pretty bad on Blu Ray. And I don't think seven would be mad at me saying this. They're Blue didn't even look that great. It was pretty muddled, very grainy, like very of its time, sort of scan last time they went back and they were able to get the OCN for a four Okay, and this movie is a revelation. Uh, it looks really damn great. I will say the wrap round parts are not quite as clean as the other parts in this film, right, I think that's just based on the materials that they had. Unfortunately, however, all of the shorts in this anthology look incredible. Tell me about this one, sir.
Speaker 3: Like you said, I think I saw you talk about this somewhere online. The Shimmering Suit. Yeah, I think it looks so awesome. It finally makes sense.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Like, but you know, I am a sucker for any kind of anthology film. I mean, that's just always been my favorite and the Amicus anthologies for whatever reason, they're just kind of got this you know air. You know, they're they're a little like it's it's a little different than Hammer, you know, and they're they're a little grittier. They tend to like it a little more into the gods, not the Hammer side away from it. But you know, uh, they definitely this one, this one works for me. It's got a lot of great stories.
Speaker 2: It does, it's it's it's also one of those that has multiple memorable stories. I know that anthologies are very hit or miss, and this one, I mean, first of all, Christopher Lee is in one of these. You've got that little miniature doll we're going to talk about in a little while. They're doing an enamel pin of the doll at the end of this year.
Speaker 3: That ten looks amazing And I was listening to the podcast earlier. Did I hear that it like has a hinge like that it opens up to the guts. I have to have that, right, I have to have that, Like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you've seen Asylum, you know what the little doll is at the end, and it's it's kind of a perfect thing. I feel like, I again, I have to own that pin at some point. But yeah, this movie's great. I also Q see this one, and the restoration is just so good compared to what this used to look like. People will be very happy if they picked us up. Funny enough, back to back. The next Upgrade Sunday title is Wild Beasts. This is, like I said, another one that I was able to Q see. This is from nineteen eighty four, and this is again a quintessential Severn title. And as I wrote here, and I wrote this myself, like seven didn't tell me to write this or anything I said. The Blu Ray included with this four K Here is also a newly authored disc. The four K was so substantial compared to the old Blu Ray that they felt like they needed to upgrade the Blue for everybody as well. It is sourced from the four K Master that they used for this new four K. And I have to admit I've always enjoyed this movie, but seeing this with this four K Master this time was like a brand new movie.
Speaker 3: Dopping it lops so good. The Pope tell.
Speaker 2: Us about your history with Wild Beasts and why you like this movie.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, I love trust Berry.
Speaker 2: I thought I thought you were about to say PCP there for a moment. No, it goes with the film pretty much. It hasn't seen it by the.
Speaker 3: Way, Yeah, I mean spoiler alert, but you know, but yeah, it's a it's a wild premise. But like you know, the Mono Kane films, you know, all of that stuff. I've been a fan of Women of the World Goodbye Uncle Tom, Like those are just this dude knew one mode of filmmaking and it was excess like he just never relaxed for five minutes. And like this one was new to me because I'd only really seen the Mondo films and not really seen much that he had done on his own without Jaco Petty, you know, And so seeing that I was I was really blown away by it. You know. The protagonist or the hero is mustache is also so impressive. It is just it is the best mustache in Italian cinema. I mean it's just it rocks and wow and look yeah, look at that. I mean, you know, that's the orange cat vibe I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Exactly. I do want to fix something Adam in the comments brought up he wasn't trying to correct me, but I will notice that I said Christopher Lee, because of course when you think about British films, you always get the two of them mixed up. Peter Cushing is the one that was in Asylum, not Christopher Lee. I'm an idiot. I'm sorry. Yeah, chrispher Lee and Peter Cushing don't exactly look alike, but hey, it happens.
Speaker 3: But they're like peanut Butter and jelly bro usually. Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: Let's go to the next one. This is a four K upgrade of The Boys next Door, directed by Penelope Sprus, starring Maxwell Caulfield and Charlie Sheen. This one has no new extras. This is simply an upgrade to four K. But as we'll talk about in the recommendations tonight, this is one of my favorite Severn films of all time. I've not been able to see the four K on this one, So tell me what this one's like.
Speaker 3: I really feel like it just the cinematography pops in it, now, do you know what I mean. It's just I had again another one that was pretty new to me. I'd never seen it before, you know, so, and a lot of these eighties kind of indie you know, like under the radar films kind of Escape Me, you know, the one I'll mention later. But it's just again the mood that and it's based on a true story, right, I think it's at least inspired loosely. Loosely loosely yeah, yes, No, it's a great movie. It's just you know, it kind of fits into that, like at Close Range and the other film I will mention later, you know, like I kind of see them all in that same sub genre of gritty eighties like coming of age movies in a way, you know what I mean. Yeah, it is.
Speaker 2: It is very hard to explain because this movie starts with one vibe and very quickly gets to a very dark vibe.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but very worth to watch. Incredible performances for both of the the two leads very akin to Henry Portrait of a serial Killer, but far less nihilistic in a weird way, because it's still very nihilistic, just somehow far less nihilistic.
Speaker 3: It's got the eighties gloss. I feel like, you know, Henry had no gloss. Henry was gritty as all hell, you know what I mean, But you still got This has some gloss, which keeps it slightly elevated above the book.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree. Dustin had asked a question about Wild Beast is there real animal violence in this? And I tried to respond and YouTube did not want to display the comment, So I will display this one Dustin. Yes, there is some animal on animal violence in Wild Beasts that happens.
Speaker 3: And also some rats were literally burned in the film.
Speaker 2: And that was not special effects, so I will warn about that for sure. But I think that was the only like animal torture by humans.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean there's the scene early on where they're like drugging the tigers. Do be is because they're really drugging the tiger? Do you know what I mean? But you know, yeah, it's it is the product of its time, and if that is something that makes me uncomfortable by all means, I would avoid it, you know what I mean. It's not I feel like anytime an animal comes on screen at all, despite the level of production, even a Hollywood film, I'm like, oh boy, this is a plot point, especially in horror films, you know what I mean. As an animal lover, like I just I don't just leave. Just let's not let's not include that at all, you know, And it is something to to reconcile for sure. And you know, if there would be one of the if I had to say that there and this is a planned response, I guess, and that if there was one thing that was hard to do when you q see it, it is films with animal violence, because having to watch that repeatedly is not fun, you know.
Speaker 2: But yeah, and like Brendan is saying here, I wasn't trying to downplay the word some yet, like hundreds of rats are burned in this movie and.
Speaker 3: One yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, for sure, it's not it's not scene. Rat's Night of Terror also has a lot of that in it too, you know what I mean. And I mean anytime you're taking mice and dyeing them black to make them look like rats, I don't write charcoal whatever they're using. I don't think it's a great it's a great idea, you.
Speaker 2: Know, like yeah, I don't think they can scent it.
Speaker 3: And I don't mean the laugh editor make light of it. But it's just you know, of course being uh, you know, in the exploitation film Realm. It's something that I feel like we are mostly familiar with. And if you make a choice to not want to see that it's a you know, it's your choice, and I agree with it, you know what I mean, But if you want to see it. I don't agree with editing anything out exactly what I mean, So it should be you know, retained for for what it is.
Speaker 2: That's why I love when companies give us the option put both on there. Yeah, nothing nothing wrong with this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've seen that, Like didn't they do like a seamless branching with Cannibal Holocaust at one point where it was like you can watch a version without you know, it's you know, and that's you know, something that takes a commendable amount of work for the author authoring team, you know what I mean. That's a it's a lot of work and it's it's it's I appreciate that. That's cool, especially in a film like Canial Holo cos Yeah, I mean there's a lot of other objectionable things gone out there. It isn't exactly the Son of Music otherwise, you know what I mean.
Speaker 9: But like.
Speaker 2: It reminds me of Stephen from Unearth Films. Was asked if they were if they were going to do an animal cruelty free version of Calamity of Snakes and he said, we considered it, and then we realized the movie was going to be twelve minutes long.
Speaker 3: That's like when you watch like hot and Saucy Pizza Girls on YouTube and they cut out all the saucy parts, you know what I mean. So like that's literally just it's like just like twenty minutes. I thought it was a Chuck E cheese commercial. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Oh that's great.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: Next up September twenty second in the UK from screen Bound is Sex with the Stars from nineteen eighty one. This is not one I know about. Have never seen this and it does not look like there are any extras.
Speaker 3: Have you seen this one? I have not. It does sound promising, though.
Speaker 2: Very cleverly edited so that I can share this on YouTube and Instagram. I appreciate that screen Bound, thank you so much. Unless that's the original poster art, which is very helpful, because man, I've been flagged many times.
Speaker 3: For some of the cover art I've had to post. This reminds me when I was young, like so my mom would allow me to have things like Jane's addiction record with nudity on it, or a Clive Barker comment with nudity in it, but when I would get it, it would have bikinis drawn on everybody. My mom would kind of like self censor the things, you know, like yeah, when I was younger, you know what I mean. That's what this kind of reminds me of. It's like censored. It's like drawn in here, over the over the.
Speaker 2: Bits quite cleverly. Next up, August twenty ninth on four K over in Germany, Wicked Vision is releasing Spider Labyrinth on four K. Now, usually I don't announce a lot of the Wicked Vision stuff, but obviously this movie's very special to me. On top of doing the commentary and the visual essay for it, which they did get from Severn, and I provided the original track so that these could be on here as well. The big thing is people have fallen in love with this movie over the last couple of years since Severn released it, and Wicked Vision is including the Italian language audio track, which Severn was not able to get, so this is theoretically an upgrade for somebody that wants the original language. Severn only was able to do the English dub, so this is actually going to be slightly different, and it's got some exclusive restoration stuff that they did and could look even a little bit better.
Speaker 3: Is this like a big box? I'm trying to understand the.
Speaker 2: The concept photo here is that you're actually able to choose just the film, or you can subscribe to an Italian cinema collection, which will get you ten releases over the next year and a half and it goes. They send you the box with the first one and every time you get one, you just slide it right into the box when you get it. That's pretty cool, and they're talking some pretty big stuff if you subscribe to this. Did I list it here? I don't remember if I included it. If not, I should have, I did not.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately we'll come back to that one.
Speaker 2: But yeah, the titles that you're able to get are pretty big, Like I think they are looking at the whip in the body Bava doing it in four K, which has not happened anywhere else in the world yet, so pretty big stuff like that. So that's it's a pretty rad idea.
Speaker 3: I think. I'm sure the Bava four k's will now start to appear across the world. As I received my box at from shot factory. That's Monday. It's Monday, it just ships, so it was I was on the fence with that one, but it's Bava and.
Speaker 2: If you don't have any of them, it's a really great set.
Speaker 3: We I have some, but not enough to justify not buying it, right, So there you go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and yeah, the Wicked Vision stuff, I mean for those that have been following the channel for quite some time. I'm friends with Ront who has done a lot of stuff with Wicked Vision over the years, and they do really great workover in Germany. All of their stuff, even if they don't advertise it, I think I'm allowed to say, but pretty much every single title has added to English subtitles, even when they're theoretically not supposed to. So you can buy from Wicked Vision knowing that it's licensed material, which isn't always the case in Germany, that it will have English subtitles, and that it will be high quality.
Speaker 3: Pretty much always pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Going to our Next one is House on the Edge of the Park is the other four K upgrade coming from seven on Sunday as part of their upgrade Sunday. Another one that came out just a few years ago on Blu Ray from seven that made a big splash. This is a big deal title. How does the four K look on this one, sir?
Speaker 3: Looks really good. I mean, you know, this movie kind of has a lot of like you know, the party scenes is very dark in the beginning, very much benefits I feel like from four K. I know there was an issue with the black metals in the past on the original release of the Blu Ray. I never thought that the Blu Ray looked bad, but like this definitely, I think, you know, it's a very the cinematography is very dark, and I very much feel like it helps with a lot of that. And you know, I mean it's a must have in the Italian horror collection for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And if somebody is out there and you have not seen House on the Edge of the Park, it is a very worthwhile movie. And if looking at this slip cover is turning you off in anyway, this is meant to be like a very anti thematic slip cover. It's meant to be very different than what the actual film looks like. It's a really good piece of art, but the actual cover here, this is much more akin to the feeling that you get while watching this movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I do love that artwork, but I mean, all the performances in this movie are really great. Davids is awesome, David has amazing, you know, I mean, show me a bad David Hes movie, I guess. But you know, Annie Bell also who I love, is in this and yeah, I just it benefits from the upgrade. It's worth having it and all the Italian stuff. In my opinion, there's just some heavy hitters that you're like zombie, you know what I mean, things like that that I'm always going to upgrade, and this looks great, and I would say it's worth the upgrade.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And like sim sind the kids saying here, Lorraine de sill is in this one and Wild Beasts, so you get two of them and yeah, great, great look and release David David has is the Lena Quickly of Horrors is similar.
Speaker 3: That's that's pretty app Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Especially the seventies and eighties. Next up over in the UK on September fifteenth, Studio Canal is doing a four K release of The Man in the White Suit as part of their Vintage Classics collection. This is a brand new four K restoration of the movie. We've got a new feature d on here. Matthew Sweet on the Man in the White Suit, and then a bunch of archival features. You've got a sixty four page booklet and then a poster of the original artwork. Not what I've seen. Are you into British stuff like this?
Speaker 3: That's not something I have seen either.
Speaker 2: Know that that makes sense. I am in the same boat. So we'll go to the next one. Oh, this title September ninth, Blu Ray the US, coming from the decal of the ritual from this year. This is the al Pacino and Dan Stevens Possession movie that we talked about a couple weeks ago. I still can't believe they got al Pacino to do a Possession movie in twenty twenty five, and just based on that, even though everybody says it's bad, I kind of want.
Speaker 3: To see it. Yeah, I mean I yes, that sounds like a great performance.
Speaker 2: So everybody in the comments tell us how bad it is, and then we're gonna say, yeah, but I'll still watch it. Oh, speaking of what is supposed to be terrible. September ninth, Blu Ray coming from Magenta Light Studios, a indie that I have never heard of doing physical media here in the US of Bride Hard from this year. This played one week in theaters and then bombed hard and now this rebel Wilson leading film is coming to Blu Ray on September ninth. One of those comedies that we were talking about that are pretty rare.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I have not seen this one.
Speaker 2: I'm not shocked. I just talked about this one. But you can pre order the four K steel book release of I Know What You Did last summer, the brand new reboot that is out there. I've gotten some questions. I'm not seeing a standard four K of this one. There is a standard Blu Ray available to pre order and this four K steel book, So it looks like Sony might be going steel book only. I'm gonna be saying the worst steel book like eight hundred and fourteen times to Night Blake. Are you a steel book person? Do you have many?
Speaker 3: I don't I have? Yeah, Like I mean, I bought Tombstone. I buy them when it's necessary. I reserved a Night of Living Dead. Of course I don't have. There's a lot of strong opinions on them online, is there not? I feel like I don't know. Like, as you can see here, I front face a lot of stuff. So I'm a little less you know, sensitive to it. I feel like if I had to spine that I do spine some of my collection, and that might I might not like it as much. But yeah, you know, I definitely have had a lot that have come damage. But I mean that's that's a depending on who you get it from. You're not getting damaged steelbooks from from Diabolic or something, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, unless the post office decides to punt your box to your Yeah.
Speaker 3: True. But I mean, for the most part, I feel like the indie retailers really packaged things. Like when I got my quator Mass that I bought it on Amazon and it came international in like in an envelope that was soaking lack. When I got it, so an.
Speaker 2: Envelope that's dripping and then it barely it.
Speaker 3: Was like seventy bucks ship. So I was like, all right, you know, like whatever, you know, Like.
Speaker 2: Next up, I clicked the wrong thing, I apologize. Next up is another steel book. This is Disney's Leelo and Stitch from this year. I'll breeze through this one. Since Blake wud I much say they are doing a four K steel book. No standard four K standard Blu Ray and a standard DVD. This remake is not good. I did not need to watch this in the theater, and for some reason I did. I don't get it. Don't watch it. It's not great. Going to the next one. Another British film, The Wrong Arm of the Law, coming to Blu Ray from Keno on September ninth. This is a Peter Sellers film, has a brand new audio commentary by Lawrence Luherman, and then some are extras.
Speaker 3: Peter Sellers is pretty fun. Have you seen much from Peter Sellers? No, not really. I mean Pink Panther when I was younger, but like, I'm really not familiar with this body of work, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've not seen too many either the Pink Panther and maybe one or two others at most. Maybe next up September sixteenth, Universal pissing a lot of people off by releasing Speak No Evil on four K after they release it on Blu Ray. This is last year's Speak No Evil that people decided this will probably never go to four K and now, of course it is no new extras, but this will have Dolby vision and this is still not the original Speak No Evil, which does not even have an English friendly HD release. Dear God, please somebody release that film. We need it. It's very good. Going to our next one. Two thousand and five's Cinderella Man. Got a four K coming up on September sixteenth. This is Russell Crowe, Rene Zilweger. This is gonna have Dolby Vision HDR ten. I had never seen Cinderella Man. Is this one you got to see back.
Speaker 3: In the day. No, I've not seen this one either, also somehow not surprised. Yeah, I think that some of the rom cons. Now, this looks interesting to me. I saw this the other day.
Speaker 2: I like these collections that were.
Speaker 3: Archive is doing. Yeah, so that's very nice.
Speaker 2: September second, the Greta Garbo collection. We've got four films here, and these are pretty cheap. I mean, we're are Archive when they come out on basically Amazon now or unless you go to Movies in these are on release about eighteen bucks of pop. And these are all old discs. Let's not give them too much praise. I guess these are just the same old discs, just repackaged.
Speaker 3: But they're cheap.
Speaker 2: To get all four of these, it's forty bucks, which that was basically the price of two of them on release. So that's pretty great. We've got Anna Christy from nineteen thirty, We've got Camille, We've got Ninochka, and we've got Queen Christina. I don't have all the years listed to I apologize, but I've here heard supposedly these are all like really great top tier movies for her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that looks like a lot of fun. And like I've been trying to I have so much I don't know, well for B films, cult films, I don't have a lot of classics and really like you know, with the Criterion sale or just the last couple of things like pick up like Maltese Falcon things like that, like really cheap when they're like, you know, fifteen bucks, eighteen bucks, because this is it's nice to have that collection in the four case of these things look amazing and you know, I mean this is blue, but you know, I'm sure they look amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Ronnie says, had Queen Christina on my shelf forever, but need to watch it. Corin says, Nanachika is fantastic. Yeah, That's all I've heard is that all four of these are pretty much incredible We've got a couple more of those talking about just a second, but first A twenty four in September releasing Materialists on ray. This is a movie from this year that wasn't terrible. I saw this in the theater. I liked it. It was nowhere near as good as Selene Song's first film, but I thought it was a good time. Good performances from everybody, that says a commentary from Selene Song. This has a featurette called the Math of Modern Dating making Materialists. There is a composer Deep Dive, and then they've been doing these postcards with all their releases, so you can look forward to that good movie, excited that it's getting a good release. I know a lot of people are upset it's not four K. Doesn't bother me. It's not something that I needed to be in four K.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I definitely find a lot of there's a lot of things I feel like I will I will settle with. You know, I've wrestled with like you know, Nightmare and Elm Street. You know, upgrade to four K, but like the old Blu ray doesn't look all that great, so maybe we'll see. Yeah, do I care though? Do I care? Because beyond three, I mean, I don't I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean two and a half years ago, I watched all eight of them in the theater in one day.
Speaker 3: So I and how did you? How did you feel about the latter half of the of the films? I made diminishing return.
Speaker 2: Sure, but the odd ones are great one three, Devin, Yeah, they're pretty fun.
Speaker 3: What is the moment the girl with the bug arms when she's doing the weightlifting. It's got the Tornado O'Connor song. Five. I like that one. I do like that one.
Speaker 2: I don't remember which one at this point.
Speaker 3: I got you very off topic. I'm sorry, No, I love it.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I do want to throw out Kevin Jenkins saying does Pedro Pescal ever sleep? He's in everything. I realized this week that I'm going to see a movie with Pedro pescal and It this weekend. And that's the third one in like five weeks that I've seen him in in the theater. That's brand new. That's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: I feel like there was nineties actors that might have had that kind It was like Billy Bob Thornton kind of show up and everything for like a hot like decade, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Sure, but he wasn't starring in like true, every big film for three weeks in a row, and everybody's saying that that movie you're looking for is Part four.
Speaker 3: It's Dreammaster already, Harlan. Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. That's what happened.
Speaker 2: So here's one of those other Warner Archive collections. This one is the Errol Flynn Collection. This one has six films, and yes it is proportional. This one is sixty dollars to pre order right now. This one has Robin Hood, Seahawk, Santa Fe Trail, Edge of Darkness, Objective, Burma, and Don jah Are Adventures of Don Juan. Yeah, I think out of these, I've only seen Robin Hood.
Speaker 3: But I like ten bucks of film though. For ten bucks of film, like it's crazy, Like this is this is why I'm always broke.
Speaker 2: Bro Six classics for sixty bucks. That's pretty great.
Speaker 3: Oh man, that's awesome. Well, this is the one I was waiting for. This one. Here look at that.
Speaker 2: This is maybe the most exciting of them, especially if you don't have any of these movies. So another war Archives on September two of World Without End Attack of the Fifty Foot Woman, The Beast from twenty Thousand Fathoms and Them. This is this is a great set. I think I've seen three out of these four. Them is a classic.
Speaker 3: Odet and is just unbelievable. I have great memories of watching that on TV with my family when I was young. Yeah, that is a really great film.
Speaker 2: And again, forty bucks for great HD releases of these four movies is.
Speaker 3: Kind of amazing. Absolutely, I'm stoked on it.
Speaker 2: Over in Germany on October twenty third, you can pick up a four K steel book of Child's Play, or a four K media book of Child's Play, or a four K media book of Child's Play. These are all coming from Cape Light, who do pretty good work. They've screwed up a couple of discs, so for something like this, they're probably using literally like the exact same material as Screen Factory, So don't expect like some sort of fixed problem type of disk or anything like that. It's probably identical. No new extras on this, but it is subtypled in English, and that is a good thing.
Speaker 3: I like media books. I don't have any, but I always like if I get into that, then there's going to be an even greater issue than there already is, you know, I mean, shelf space has rapidly become a problem. I'm sure that most people who haven't built their own shelves can relate to that. It's like buying any kind of prefab off of Amazon recently has been really prohibitive. It's like crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's not great. I mean, prices skyrocketing on those since the pandemic stuff at least doubled for shelf space.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm for sure a lot of that stuff is coming from I mean, I don't know what the situation with tariffs is, but it seems like every time I want to buy something, there's one involved.
Speaker 2: If I need something that they start the tariff right before me, right that day.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: Next up, Keno Classics on September sixteenth, they're putting out a blu ray of matchin in Uniform from nineteen fifty eight. This is a milestone of queer cinema, and this is supposed to be great. I know that there was a earlier version of this, I think from the late thirties or early forties. That it's supposed to be really great, and I'm just I'm glad this is coming out. I have not seen this version, but I've heard nothing but great things. Oh there it is, nineteen thirty one is the original one?
Speaker 3: There it is. I think the great thing about Keno's massive slate is that it allows them to do a lot of stuff like this and things that are like silence. Like I worked on a big collection of made in New Jersey. I need that set. Yeah, those were very cool, you know, and just that's something that I'm not sure a lot of places would take a chance on, you know, but they have the size to do that kind of thing, and it's important. Those things are important as much as like, you know, I need like the greatest chunkiest edition of the shot on video horror film from you know, two thousand and one. I also need a nice collection of silence and things that it's just a nice I think, how to cleanse the talent and balance things out sometimes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's absolutely needed.
Speaker 3: Good call.
Speaker 2: Next up is Angry Harvest, coming as part of the Chino Classics line, also on September sixteenth on Blu Ray. This is from nineteen eighty five and not a movie I've ever seen, but this was nominated for the Oscar for Best Foreign Language Movie that year and is supposedly again really great. This one has an audio commentary by Bill Gabierri if you've never heard any of the work from Bilga, some great great film critique that I really want to highlight here because this is a movie that probably needs the context, and I imagine the commentary on this is astounding cool. Going to our next one, We've got a film called Ildno, also known as The Gift from two thousand and three, coming from Keno on September twenty third. This is a four K restoration, has a trailer on here. Not a film that I'd ever heard of, but it is one that looks really important. Definitely curious in checking us out, I wanted to read Nazi Ronnie's comment here. The Nazis tried to destroy the original match In in Uniform because it was a lesbian movie, but it miraculously survived.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, yes, yeah, that's awesome. That's the kind of film preservation man that like you could really really get behind.
Speaker 2: Exactly. As part of Keno Distribution, Cohen Media Group is releasing Unicorns from twenty twenty three. This is starring Ben Hardy and Jason Battel has a trailer on here. I had heard that this movie was good, but again, one do you don't get to see one of these in some festival runs. These get very difficult to see. So I'm glad that somebody like Coen is putting some time and energy into releasing it because I wanted to see this and it sounds really great. It's the same producing team that did The Kids Are All Right and Broke Back Mountain, and it's supposed to be great nice. This is a big deal for so many people. First off, crazy cover on this release. September thirtieth, Keno is releasing a four K of Yorgos Lanthemos's Dog Tooth from two thousand and nine. They had had this on Blu Ray for quite some time, but this got a brand new HDR Dolby Vision Master, all supervised by your Ghos, and it looks to be an incredible release. The theatrical screenings have gotten good reviews and all that. This is also gonna have a booklet, which Quino does not do a ton of. There's an interview with Yorgos in that booklet that Letterbox did and then on the extras on the four K disc. There's an audio commentary with a few people on there that there is a archival commentary, and then there is a blu ray of special features as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel like this is a must if I remember right, I believe this is.
Speaker 3: The first Yrgos film to get to four K. I haven't seen any of his work, so I definitely need to catch up, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, knowing some of the stuff that you like, I really feel like this would probably be.
Speaker 3: Your jan It's been highly recommended to me, for sure.
Speaker 2: He makes what on a very understated way of selling this to you. He makes weird movies. I like weird movies, Right, That's a must. Yeah, people need to see this. This is the most random thing I've seen from Keno in at least twelve seconds. September thirtieth, they're putting out the Lake Trilogy from twenty nineteen to twenty twenty two. This is Slovenian and it is a crime drama series on the novels of Tadej Globe. It is in many ways Slovenia's Alpine answer to the Nordic noir craze, a cinematic police procedural and a scenic winter landscape with a dark and troubled protagonist. Yeah, this sounds really interesting. It's got a really great bunch of cinematography that is just not anything I get to see living in the middle of Kansas City. But the old murder mysteries are always fun. Absolutely, and what a wild poster. It's just a dude reflecting on a lake. I will take it. But yeah, he definitely looks cold out there. Going to our next one, another Keto title through RaRo. On September thirtieth, they are putting out the forty four Specialist. This is also known as Mark Strikes Again and so yes, this is a sequel and they have not released the first one, nor does it matter, nor the second one. I believe this is the third one, which is hilarious.
Speaker 3: Is this like Leonard Part six? In a way? In a way?
Speaker 2: We got an audio commentary by Rachel Nisbitt on this. Glad they're putting us out. This is probably a good time to announce and share. I believe Rero has quietly canceled the last title they announced. I am trying to do some research on that, so I will share if I can find something else soon. We talked about that about a month ago, but now it has quietly disappeared from every site on the internet. So we shall see going to the next one Hammer, so we spent some time talking about Kuiter Mass. Their next four K title is The Man in Black from nineteen fifty. Is this one that you are excited about, Blake?
Speaker 3: Yeah, these smaller ones, the smaller Hammer special editions like Shatter, Foresighted Triangle. I haven't gotten any, so I haven't seen them even really in the wild, but I want every last one of them.
Speaker 2: So these smaller ones, they are much smaller than the ones that Blake and I shared earlier. They're less than I think half the size of those, and these are This is a two disc release, specifically, it's got a four K disc and a Blu ray disc. And just to share how much work Hammer puts into these, this has English, French, Italian, Spanish and German subtitles. What other boutique label is doing that for their releases.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you one thing I wouldn't want to see that.
Speaker 2: Well, and if that's not enough, that you have to check in five different languages, two brand new commentaries, lots of new interviews, lots of new featurettes, visual essays, plus a giant booklet, like there is so much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they really, I mean it's it's just like I go on the site and I want to buy like every last thing that they have, like I pretty much. You know, when the Anchor Babe Boutique DVD explosion started, you had a lot of Hammer films getting snapped up in that wave, you know what I mean. And that was a lot of my you know, the vhs even they had vhs dragging the Prince of Darkness. I remember doing the Clamshell releases if you remember those. And so the Hammer stuff was really like when I started collecting the stuff that I started buying first, and it was very much it brought me back like I had seen a lot of the stuff on television when I was younger, but didn't really know you know what I mean. You'd always catch something on broadcast halfway through, you know. But all of it is just that there's a lot, I mean, there's definitely a lot of Hammer films that are boring kind of you know what I mean, But these aren't any of them that I've seen so far.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like that that's a good way to say, because yeah, there are quite a few Hammer films that are.
Speaker 3: A couple of snoozers in there, for sure.
Speaker 2: Well forgettable, there's probably the kindest way to say that.
Speaker 3: I still, you know, and I feel like I like to revisit things though every couple of years, you know, and your attitudes towards things always change, you know, And things I did not like at all before are things that I like a lot now. And so you know, maybe you think it's boring when you're a gore hound and you're just looking for Fulty movies and stuff like that, but you revisit it as an adult, it's like, oh, this is actually pretty cerebral and cool. You know. I don't know if I would have like connected something with like quator Mass Experiment like I did watching it now, you know, if I watched it when I was seventeen. You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, and the reality at least for me. I'm not trying to speak on your behalf too, but when I watch things, I just go through cycles. So sometimes on a Wednesday, I might think it's boring, but a month later BE like, oh, it's Tuesday. This movie is fantastic now.
Speaker 3: And I always refer to it as like the the QC. Stockholm syndrome two is like, sometimes sometimes I'll watch something I'm like, I hated that, Like damn, I hate that movie. It sucks, you know what I mean. And then like I go through the commentary, I go through the extras, then I watch it in Italian and then I'm like, oh, no, it doesn't suck. I just didn't understand it at all the first time, or I didn't have the context to necessarily get what I was looking at, you know, And I think, you know, not everybody. I don't know if I would if I had the time, if I was just watching stuff for fun, to be like, yeah, I'm gonna fully explore this movie I hate, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Like, but but you know, sometimes when you do it for work, it could be a very positive experience because I feel like, well, I asked you before about how you rate your films on Letterbox and I can't remember. I was listening to a commentary once and for work, of course, and they were talking about how on Letterbox they always start with a three star rating because like, you made a movie, you did something phenomenal and hard, you know what I mean. All of the nuance in my rating is between three and five you know what I mean, Unless I really hate it, then I'll give it a hard one, you know what I mean. And that's rare. That's rare. You know, it's rare that I really really hate something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's pretty close to exactly how I do it. And on that note, I know what you did last summer. I got a solid three.
Speaker 3: Didn't give it a little bit, yeah, yeah, whatever.
Speaker 2: The whole QC fatigue experience with some of these is so real. I mean not to like pause in the middle of the announcements for just a minute, But a couple months ago I shared on here that I had that giant accident basically while I was in LA where my wife and I both lost our laptops and they were ruined. And I was in the middle of qcing Asylum at the time that that happened.
Speaker 3: My god, that was a nightmare.
Speaker 2: I was running up against the deadline, lost my computer, and so I was in there trying to get it done. I had two visual essays that I was about to turn in and this QC that were all roughly at like sixty percent complete, and so getting back into getting it done when I was already past the deadline, and I didn't want Severn pissed at me. I was working at like one o'clock in the morning, going, Nope, I gotta do this. Like you see, you have to be completely one hundred percent in I think I watched the end of that movie. I'm not kidding, maybe like eleven times.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and and like we can get into it when you're done, But it's it's not it's not work that you can force, do you know what I mean? Because like you you really have to be like one hundred percent when you and and and it's really easy to get fatigued really fast, you know. And I know we talked about that.
Speaker 2: But yeah, yeah, if we got more time at the end, we can throw more in there back you say, yeah, crazy, But first we got to talk about this edgy motherfucking release uh A Dark Sky. As part of their Dark Sky Selects line, they're putting out a blu ray steel book of Faces of Death, that movie that your brother's friend showed you in nineteen ninety two because he found it under a blanket in his best friend's van. This thing gets a brand new extra on here called many Faces of Death, and nothing else new except for the packaging overall, I don't want to try to steer anybody into buying this or not buying this. But one note is I have heard that if you want all of the Faces of Death films, you may just want to wait a little bit longer and see if something were to happen in the world, because you might be hearing more about the series soon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like I would. There's a nostaligia factor that makes you want to revisit this, but maybe one time. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know about owning this thing.
Speaker 3: Like you know, it's of course most of it is just stage or you know, it's like a Mondo film, an American Mondo film. I guess. Yeah, I don't know if I feel an inclination to own it. But it is a very attractive looking steel book. Tho'll look at that. The inside artwork is very nice.
Speaker 2: Very very very classic and evocative of this title.
Speaker 3: That's fair.
Speaker 2: Let's go over some of the Severn stuff after the rest of the announcements. We're gonna cover all this in just a minute, so I'm gonna skip over that indicator put out some crazy looking titles just this morning. First one is plot of fear. This is getting a four K and blu ray release over in the UK on October twenty second.
Speaker 3: Not a US release. This is a.
Speaker 2: Film that's going to get a new commentary with Eugenie Orkilani and Troy Howarth interview with the first ad on this film, new presentation of an interview from twenty thirteen, a bunch of newly edited stuff. Eugenie orka Lani really kind of crushed the extras on both of these. He did so much. Eighty page booklet with new essays, some really good stuff. And then to go with it, they got Franco Niro in Hitchhike.
Speaker 3: From that movie is a that's a great movie. I highly recommend this one.
Speaker 2: This is the big winner of these two. I love this movie. Uh. This is also four K and blu ray, also coming in the UK only also on October twenty second. Lots of new extras from Eugenio again some really great looking stuff. Tell the world about Hitchhike.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I will be snapping this one up. It is. I feel like it's a good double feature with the with the Bava film. Yeah what is it Babby Dogs or has another name too? Yeah it does. Yeah, something like that. Yeah, I like this is a double feature, very kind of cool Italian road movie with Well David has sprinkled in here, right, isn't he in the one? He is one? Yeah, so he's always as we discussed earlier just on eleven that guy. Yeah, different, a different breed dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this this is a This is a pretty big deal. This is gonna look incredible. Franco Nero just being amazing in this movie. Also, it's a more more coney soundtrack. You pretty much have to have it at that point. So yeah, I think this is a beautiful piece of cover art too.
Speaker 3: All of their stuff I have, I'm, you know, a big Genrelyn guy, and I have all of the Indicator stuff that they've put out so far, and just gorgeous special editions. I've bought those films so many times now. I bought them on laser disc and the original DVDs and then again on blue ray. I finally had finished the collection from Kino when these ones started getting announced. But you want to talk about four K upgrades that like are just completely a world beyond the old scam. Yeah, they are the rillin stuff. I mean, I thought I was a fan before and I know now it's gorgeous, gorgeous, like they just pop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they they look incredible. And then not to mention, not to just harp on packaging, but I am a huge fan and I happen to have not that I play on this, Sibnard, you don't need to to comment on that. I happen to have an indicator one right here. This is Cardinal Knowledge that they just did on four K over in the UK. And this is a hard box release. Wow, look at this. It is a thin packaging and it's got the disc and it's got a booklet all in this hyper thin but extra like fancy packaging to show that this is a prestige title. We're giving it just something special and it's essentially like barely over the size of a Blu ray and it's a hard box release, Like this is the way to do something like this. I love this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they do really nice work. The booklets included with these two are phenomenal.
Speaker 2: Oh man, this is hilarious. And yeah, just like Wave said, their boxes don't take up the entire shelf. It's great. Everybody needs to adopt that packaging. It is probably my favorite.
Speaker 3: I do have one gripe though one of them I can't remember. I can't see it from here, but the one of the real in titles, maybe two, is taller than all the other ones. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think they were still getting used to it and they were not quite right.
Speaker 3: Like, bro, it drives me crazy.
Speaker 2: Just off the top.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, let's just shave a little off the top. That'll be fine.
Speaker 2: October seventh, in the US, we are getting a four K steel book of Dangerous Animals that just came out this year. This is from IFC and Shutter working together. This is the movie that they marketed as a shark attack film that has zero shark attacks.
Speaker 3: It is. I enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: A lot of people hate this movie, but I thought it was pretty fun. It is another one of those that's not a good movie, but I had a good time with it.
Speaker 3: I feel like there's a lot of animal attacks films going on right now.
Speaker 2: For some reason, I'm getting the shark feeling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's sark week.
Speaker 2: It's not shark week. Let's not go down. The August nineteenth, Sony as part of the Sony Pictures Classics line, they're putting out the House of Sand from two thousand and five not what I've seen, but it stars Fernando Torres and this is supposedly incredible one that I had multiple people message me about today and it sounds like I need to pick this up because it sounds amazing. Were you able to see this one ever?
Speaker 3: I have not seen it.
Speaker 2: No, for everybody that can see this on Facebook, Jeremy is a friend. It is not my birthday. He always does this. Thank you for moving right along. Turbine over in Germany keeping the three D dream alive. On Luck fourteenth, they are releasing a three pack of three D tiles new to Blu Rays. So we've got Fast and Furious ten or Fast X, Puss in Boots, the Last Wish and then Trolls banded together. All of these on four K or not four K three D for the first time anywhere in the world. They are region free discs and they are super high quality. Turbine does really great work on these, and if you are just like wanting to keep your three D dreams alive home, they do a really like really affordable bundle on these, so if you want all three or like if you're saying, hey, I want to these and maybe I could do the third, you just kind of get all three and it's cheap and it's not a bad deal.
Speaker 3: Nice. I did see you put some boots. That's a great movie. Did you like it? Of course, dude, fucking amazing. You got an orange cap protagonist. Of course I'm gonna like that movie.
Speaker 2: Next up is The Island. This is from nineteen eighty five, getting a Blu ray release from Eureka in the UK on October thirteenth, North America on October fourteenth. This says it is perhaps the most accomplished genre picture directed by British Chinese filmmaker Po Chi Long, which I've heard is an incredible movie. Very curious to check this one out. It looks like a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: I had this in my cart earlier today.
Speaker 2: And mine right now.
Speaker 3: It sounds so good. It's like what like Texas Chains or something like that they compare it to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's definitely one that I need to need to check out.
Speaker 3: And really it's really economical. I had that and I think Diabolical Doctor Z in my cart and it was like fifty bucks ship for the two of them, which really is not bad.
Speaker 2: Well, and keep in mind Eureka Free Worldwide shipping if you order direct, which is yeah.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying. That's a crazy deal. Like, I mean, you know, they're a little more expensive even just to order them domestically.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not bad, especially if you only want one somehow, Still free shipping, no threshold, free shipping.
Speaker 3: How do you argue with this? The thing that was houlding me up was I have Diabolical Doctor Z on another disc, so knowing that I might dis order this guy, then.
Speaker 2: I will say, we're about to cover Diabolical Doctor Z in like twelve seconds. But there is something on that disc that might entice me at least, so I'm keeping an eye on it. The Island has a new commentary with Frank Jang and a new commentary with Mike Leader and Art Venoma. There's an interview with the director from twenty twenty three. This sounds like a really great, fun release, But Diabolical Doctor Z is going to be after this one. I forgot this one was here. October thirteenth, Blu Ray in the UK of the Ambulance, Larry Cohen's nineteen ninety really fun movie with Eric Roberts and James Earl Jones that everybody should see. At least once, if not seventeen times, because it's that good. New commentary by Steve Mitchell. Archival commentary with Larry Cohen, moderated by Steve Mitchell. There is a new visual essay on The Ambulance and Medical Horror by Murray Leader. New interview with the writer Michael Doyle, and this is great. Have you ever seen the Ambulance?
Speaker 3: I have not, But Eric robertson Larry Cohen sounds like, oh wait, no, I feel like I did see this. This was a HBO or Cinemax, Like, yeah, dude, I did see this one. Yeah, this is a good one for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a fun movie.
Speaker 3: But now, Eric Roberts is always a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: Diabolical doctor Z coming out in the u UK on Blu Ray on October twentieth. The Jess Franco film from nineteen sixty six, Eureka, going all in on the Just Franco titles this one on the disc we have a commentary by Tim Lucas. We also have a new discussion of European Gothic horror in the nineteen sixties, the Xavier Ald Donna Rees. There's a new visual essay on Mad Science in Gothic Horror from Mary Shelley to Jess Franco by Sam Degan, and that is going to be a blast to watch.
Speaker 3: That sounds awesome. I'm a big fan of the essays these days, the visual essays and things like that. It's like a two very nice, concise way to get your perspective and voice heard out there. You know, it's just like rather than perhaps a full commentary or you know, I mean, I know that, Like I myself am trying to get more into reading booklets and minor notes because there's just so much information in there, you know. But the visual essay it's a great way to get that across, I agree fully.
Speaker 2: Over in Germany on November fifth, you can get a four K steel book of the Silence of the Lambs, or a four K media book of the Silence of the Lambs, or a four K media book of the Silence of the Lambs. Yes, for the record, that is the second time I've been able to do that in the last minutes. This is also coming from Cape Light Over There no new extras. This is likely the arrow restoration, so it's probably gonna look great. This is primarily if you didn't get the Arrow four K limited edition, and you're like, man, I've always wanted this in a steel book with a completely different language than I speak on the cover, Or I really like the media book art and I really want a booklet attached to a film that I can't read in German. Yeah, this is a great option for you. Another German title, So many of those this week play on. On October twenty, Second is releasing a four K media book of Argento's Phantom of the Opera from nineteen ninety. This is not the cover art. This is just one of the posters that was used on the film. But this is pretty widely regarded as the worst Argento film. Have you seen this?
Speaker 3: Yeah? It is. It is most certainly the beginning of where it starts to get not great. Now. I know there's some highlights in there, Sleepless, I feel like things like that, but this is where I started to drop off as a fan. I think, you know, I'm again, maybe this is something that if I revisit it now I might have a better appreciation for for what it is. But you know, I remember it looks looking really bad, like maybe that was just that was just the DVD release at the time. But maybe I just feel like there's a lot of like subpart cinematography, I feel like, and a lot of the later Argento films, And I don't know if that's just a product of like that era of straight to video, like even like Trauma is a little you know, you know, like yeah, and are used to the Garris lighting in the Argento style of course his younger years. You're not going to eat it's like what you know, but you just I feel like you see that in general with kind of Italian films as they kind of get into that mid to later eighties period or early nineties, you know, things get very drab. Right.
Speaker 2: So in the comments, wave is saying a terrible Argento film and VS isn't releasing it. I guess there's always time for them to put it out. So here's the joke. We found out during Subscriber Week just this month that in the second half of twenty twenty five, Vinegar Syndrome is releasing a four K of in Argento film. I would not be surprised in any way if it was this fanom of the opera, considering we've not heard anything about this being upgraded. This was released previously by Scorpion, So this is probably able to be licensed in the US because that was at least five years ago. So theoretically that could be the one that we're seeing coming at the end of the year. There's also the quite high chance that it is the card Player. That would not surprise me in any way, or not the card Player. Sorry, that just happened, Sleepless, that's the other way. Sleepless. For some reason thinks.
Speaker 3: Are they all like the same production company, like, because they're kind of a similar era, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, similar era. I believe they all have historically been licensed, like in a bundle, if you're going to get one, you're going to get all of them. So it would not surprise me for sure. All Right, only a few things left. Like I said, we'll come back to the Severn stuff. September twenty third, Kino putting out French Without Tears from nineteen forty. This is a Ray Milan film. This has a new audio commentary by Gary Garani. I'm assuming this is not a family classic that you've seen seventy two times.
Speaker 3: No, it is not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, same here. Had never heard of this before this week, and I don't know anything about it. So we'll talk about that later. We got to replacement program that probably isn't going to affect too many of you. But Warner Archive is having some trouble with their High Society release. If you remember, we already talked about the fact that many of these went out without slipcovers, and they were like, hey, we're so sorry. If you want a slipcover, even if you didn't buy it, email us and we'll send you a slipcover. Which, for the record, nobody's gotten a slipcover yet that I know of, so hey, Warner Archive, you should probably send those. But also they have found that one of the batches of the discs was pausing and skipping at seventeen minutes and forty seven seconds. So if your copy does that, you will need to email disc services at allied von dot com. If yours does not do that, you should not email them just to get another copy of that four K disc for free. So, just for the record, check your release. You may want to check it out.
Speaker 3: QC.
Speaker 2: How does that work? Hey blick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean a lot of this stuff I feel like that I've been seeing recently. I mean, there are definitely things that I've seen that have happened on the end that would have been things, you know, that we would have caught. But mostly I'm seeing stuff that's like replication and you know, like stuff that's happening and at the manufacturing and you know, like, you know, I feel like at least you know, with I mean seven, you know, there's several layers of us watching things, you know, and we have Todd, our fearless QC leader, who really has like the eagle eye, and working with him has been such a learning experience that dude is like on it, you know what I mean. But there's a couple of us watching everything, and you know, I mean, I know a lot of the smaller labels, you know, I've kind of like stepped in to help them with things sometimes and they're working with like really short turn around times. Like I got asked to do something today and they're like, can we have it like tomorrow? Like no, you know what I mean, But I could definitely get it as fast as I can, you know. But you know that's like I said, I feel like and really, you know, I feel like it's important to say I only speak for myself. I'm freelance, you know what I mean. I don't represent any companies and things like that, but it just seems like the majority of things happen, you know that I've been seeing. You know, there's there's definitely been one or two things that I've seen that you know, that might have or should have been caught on the other end. But there's the things that are so hard too, you know what I mean. Like it's just you see how you could watch something a thousand times and then on the thousand and first time find something new, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, considering I watched the second half of Asylum eleven times.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, and it really it is like trying to identify deal breakers, you know, or disc breakers. I mean, that's that's constantly what I'm trying to do is break the disc you know, when I get it, at the point that I get disc emulation phase, I am trying to break it, you know what I mean. Like I am just like you know, going through everything, stopping it, going back, pop up menu, this, that, back out, you know what I mean, Like, and you will break them sometimes, you know what I mean. Like, So that's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the QC stuff is not able to be overstated enough. How much work goes into some of these I mean we're talking the entire disc being looked through for some of these companies, like upwards of thirty plus times, with different people on different setups, with different TVs, different players, checking for different.
Speaker 3: Things, and it's impossible to like, you know, create every scenario. Like I'm a video game guy too, you know, I love video games and and things like Bethesda games which are so complex but always broken. You know, those things could be fixed, you know, you know kind of after the fact. You can't really fix the disc after the fact that unless it's like a replacement program, which gets prohibitive, and you know, you know, it's it's great. I see so much in the boutiques where they're really for the most part on it, like we're as a major. It's like some things that never got fixed, you know what I mean. As I've tried to go through and sell off kings like Blu rays and DVD's older releases, you find out like, oh, well this had a flaw and if you didn't get the you didn't get the replacement just then, Like I can't sell that to somebody. I can't know only now you know what I mean, Like sell a flawed to somebody.
Speaker 2: That is true. We got one more that is not Severn and then we will get into the seven stuff. On September thirtieth, Neon and Dekel are working together to put out a four K of the Life of Chuck from this year and so also get a Blu ray release. This is a Stephen King story that was made into a film by Mike Flanagan, starring at Tom Hidlston che would tell Edgy four, Karen Gill and Jacob Tremblay, Mark Hamill, a bunch of other faces that you recognize. This is one of my favorite films of the year. This movie was profound love this movie. Audio commentary from Flannagan on the disc. We've got a making a feature atte exclusive onset interviews with a bunch of the actors, trailers, teasers and they say and more, which sounds great. This is This is absolutely an astounding movie and if you missed it, because it was easy to miss it, you should try to make time to watch this movie.
Speaker 3: It is glorious. I heard you talking about the cinematography and stuff in it the other day, I believe on one of your pods and some of the some of the you said some of the shots that he gets away with and stuff, and it is pretty impressive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he does stuff that I've never seen somebody try to do in a movie. And it's just I don't know, it's it's one of those movies that you watch and at least for me, I watched and felt like in awe and not just like, oh, this is a beautiful shot. I'm amazed that they could do this like one of those where it actually made me feel like small in the universe while watching it like that, I loved. I had a great time with it. All right, So that is it for this week, really quickly, in case you have forgotten, here's what is coming out next week. We've got some big ones. Gonna skip over some of the VS stuff since most people have had those shipped already. We've got a Spinter Repet Detective four K from Shout Billy Madison four K from Keno, the Thunderbolts four K, Steel Book and Blu Ray and all that standard and whatever standard four K, all that coming from Disney to Catch a Thief four K coming as well the beyond standard four K, which is I believe pretty much identical to the limited four K at least in terms of the discs. The packaging is a little different. I believe that's finally getting out there and shipping. The Venetian scheme four K. The new Wes Anderson is out there. We've got They Died with Their Boots On from one our archive, the jet Leek collection. This is the first of that new Golden Princess titles that Shout is putting out that is going to be out there. This looks great. Cannot wait to get mine in. We've got Faded to Black four K from Screen Factory finally releasing. Nobody is getting another four K release. We've got Hiding Out in four K the John Cryer title from Keno.
Speaker 3: I love that movie.
Speaker 2: Have you never seen it?
Speaker 3: Oh? Great, dude, it is. That's another HBO eighties classic. It's like this great scene where I think he's like on the run from the mob and he's like in you know, kind of on his own, decides it like disguise himself as a high school student, and you know, he's got this scene where he's like in the office and like what's your name? And he's looked at a can of coffee. He's like, it's Maxwell Houser and they just like go with it. It's like the original Kaiser Susday. It's amazing. It's totally totally worth a watch. That's that. And you know what really needs a release is Morgan stort Is Coming Home. Have you ever seen that one?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's another John Cryer, I believe, and he's like a gorehound obsessed with like George Romero in the film. I found it on the on the internet archives not that long, but that's begging for a release for sure. Very nice.
Speaker 2: Some more Warner archive this week we got Nights to the Roundtable and the Cobweb from nineteen fifty five. Kind of really long awaited titles. Tear Vision stuff will finally be releasing over the next few days to the subscribers and then the wholesalers. We've got Suddenly in the Dark and the other titles Children of Violent Rome and The Devil's Sword that people have been waiting on. Suddenly the Dark has been the cursed title that people have been waiting on since January finally going out. This has had multiple QC problems that we were just talking about that happened in manufacturing, and then there were some other issues. One of them we caught it in QC, went to go fix it, and then all of the SINC went out for some reason when we fixed it.
Speaker 3: So that's been like that. I mean, that's another thing too, right, There's so many moving parts that texting one might throw everything else out.
Speaker 2: Yep, Super Nightmare, Gotta love It, curdled on four K from Keno this week as well, Prisoner of Zenda from Warner Archive, The Castle and Blow of Fu Manchu four K releases from Blood from Blue Underground. Oh, Blood Underground. That's a crazy title arcade from full Moon this week. We've got Terrifying Girls High School, a couple of those coming out from Disco Tech, Bright Leaf from Warner Archive this week, All Years from Film Masters, Common Writer X from Disco Tech as well, Brainstorm from Warner Archive, Melinda from More Archive, one that I really need to pick up two weeks with Love from More Archive as well, the Diabolic Trilogy from Keno Lorber.
Speaker 3: We have I think one or two more that I wanted to bring up.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Rust, the Alec Baldwin film getting its studio release this week. If you were after that one, and then of course all of the titles that we were talking about earlier with the seven stuff and then Mondo Keyhole from the Psychotronica line that I shared at the beginning. Lots of stuff coming out next week. Pretty exciting dang week. But tonight is about the Severn sales. So let me let me switch back to what I was going to share for our bundles, because we have not gone through all of the bundles yet.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 2: A lot to share. Let's go through the policies real quick. So this starts tonight. Sale will be going until eleven nine pm on let's see where is Tuesday, seven twenty or sorry, twelve one am on Tuesday, so basically Monday night going into Tuesday, the sale will stop. In this sale, we have ten brand new titles, fifty percent off of most everything Severin and Intervision except for the stuff that's come out in the last nine months. And then that of course includes the stuff that is brand new to this sale slate four k UHD upgrade on Sunday. Those are the four titles we already discussed. There will be new merch items Saturday will be a box at sale. Will talk about those in just a minute. There will be a bunch of merch that is on sale. There will be a bunch of titles on sale for the first time that we have not seen before, like Cemetery Man that Blake called out earlier, The Devil's Honey four K, The Church four K, The Sect four K, Butcher Baker, Nightmare Maker four K, the Mad Bomber, Blu Ray, lots of titles that have come out in the last nine months the people have wanted and now will be on sale for the first time. This is where a lot of people are gonna get a lot of bang out of their buck. Severn's Box Sale Saturday Sale. This will be from midnight to midnight all day July twenty sixth. The ones that are gonna be on sale all the Haunts Byres Volume one, The Lensie Baker Collection, Cushing Curry Curiosities, Donze Macabra Volumes One through three, The Dungeon of Andy Milligan, The Eurocrip of Christopher Lee Volumes one and two, Game of Clones, the Bruce Floitation Set, House of Psychotic Women, The Ray Dennis Steckler Box Set, the Non Exploitation set that you talked about earlier. Then we've got the Black Menuel Box and the Lenzi Milan collection. Lots and lots of box sets going on sale. Any of those that you want to shut up before we go to the next bundle, that's part of the seal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure. Actually, of course, like one of my picks for the sale, if you're going to buy anything, for sure would be my absolute favorite, The Central World of Black Menuel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go into it, tell us about it.
Speaker 3: This set is just it was. When I started working with Andrew, I feel like I would ask about this all the time, like when do we have to black menul? When do we do with Black men? Well? You know, and then finally, you know, I started to work on some of the titles and see a lot of stuff I'd never seen. You know. First of all, I mean the book in this thing, look at this all right, I mean that is just that in itself. You got a little rundown of the films, all kinds of like essays and the thing that I like about this, these films kind of would have been lost. I feel like if it weren't for a serious critical feminist reevaluation of the films themselves, because it would be so easy to dismiss them as just exploitation films and there's so much more going on there, you know, and appreciating, you know, Laura Gemzer as like the female James Bond like of the time, Like they're like traveloge films, like you can watch that that is a summer vacation in a box. You will go all over the world, you know what I mean. And it's just such a I mean, what a monumental feat to track down all of those films and find the best quality sources that you can find, and they look beautiful, you know my pick for the ten just the the the restoration on it is just mind blowing. You can just I feel like when you're so accustomed to seeing this stuff. I either saw it on cable, you know, like through an old TV, you know, all the coaxial cable like TV, or I saw I saw a VHS tape, you know, a rental tape that had been rented a thousand times or later I saw you know, third fourth generation bootleg VHS tapes of these films, something like a Manuel on the Last Cannibals, you know, like which is a classic. You know, you'd always to buy a bootleg of that at the conventions for years, and then you see it cleaned up and in the context of the other films, and just with all the analysis that's on there, and like the commentaries, there's just so much to dive into and you'll walk away from it. Like I mean, I feel like seven puts so much into the extras in so much like comprehensive material that each disc is almost like a film school in a box. Like if you really want to know something about an you know, a film or a director or a creative team. I mean, like you you can you could probably write a doctoral thesis by going through the extras on a few of the discs, you know what I mean. And that is like no slatch. That is such a great set. It's just the design. It's heavy as hell as you might know, right, you know, like I noticed it was getting marks and it from being on the shelf we like right here because it was like front facing. So it's just because it's just so heavy. But then you got the little wheel, you know, the term. I don't know if I want to turn it too much because it's I don't know what's going to pop up on YouTube, but yeah, yeah, yeah, but yeah, what a great box set. And of course all the haunts is you know, the full core stuff. Eyes of Fire alone in that set is just such a great film. And again, you just that box set has such a witchy vibe to it. Man, you can like just dive into all the extras, the short films, a little like you know, a little animated things. There's just so much to love about it. But when it comes to box sets like seven really like they nail it. You know. We some of the stuff that I've worked on for them just is just like I mean, Steckler was kind of coming together when I first started with them, you know, it was just there's so much in there, like it's crazy. It's again, you want a comprehensive director box set, you know, there's quite a few.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And one of the easy ways to get some of those is during that box set sale. But also if you love some other stuff, they got some crazy bundles. So this time we've got what is called the Fistful of Finns Bundle. This is going to be the four Italian shark exploitation titles that they got. So you got The Shark Hunter, You've got Monster Shark, you got Night of the Sharks, and then you've got the Shark book that they're putting out there. I said four shark exploitation, I definitely meant three. And then you also get the slipcase that comes with it. That's the fourth thing. This is a pretty good price. I think one hundred and sixteen bucks for all three of these plus the book.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and like the box is very cool, and these movies are just so much fun. I mean, Frank on Neiro in The Blonde Wig, it's just that movie opens with like he's just like cooling on the rocks, like being a beach bomb, you know, and it's just like this totally like he's got he's got his his fishing line out, and he sees he gets a little he gets a little pole, and he goes running down and he just like pulls up a little shark. It's just like the most casual shark hunting beach bum because of course it's Frank Onneiro. You can do that, you know. And then you get Treat Williams of course in the In the Last Shark, which is also you know, just a phenomenal action film. It's so weird to see him pop up in an Italian action action film.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I need I need to see that one. Yeah, this is a good looking bundle. And then we talked about kill List earlier. They've got this bundle with ki List that has the four K release. It's got the killst t shirt and then a Glow in the Dark com manual emanual. I was thinking of black Commanuel enamel pin with this and this thing. Sixty five bucks for a brand new four K release and a shirt and a pin. I mean, people used to complain about seven prices, but I feel like they're pretty good this time.
Speaker 3: A good shirt will run you thirty five dollars most prices now plus shipping. So yeah, that's a pretty good deal. And I love the enamel pins. I have like a little corkboard that I put them on the Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then on this little panel that I've got here. The Baskin release is a part of the Turkish Delight bundle. This one you get the four K release of the film and then this art of Baskin book. Now. They shared a little video on this, and so a little note. If you love the world of Baskin, you need this companion book. They say features more than one hundred and forty pages of rare photos, storyboards, illustrations behind the scenes, production shots, cast and crew recollections and everything else you want to know about this film. And best of all, it is autographed by the director. So for sixty seven bucks, this is a pretty cool deal too.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean, I liked this movie a lot. This was something I had not even really heard of before I watched it, and it's a lot of fun. Have you seen it?
Speaker 2: I have seen it. I've got the screen Factory released that they put out years ago, and I love that movie. It's psychotic about it. It loses control kind of quickly in a weird way, and you go, you go to some weird places. It's a movie that's very difficult to actually describe because man, there's some indescribable things that happened in that movie.
Speaker 3: And again it's one that, like I feel like is best left like kind of you know, if you can go in too. I feel like it increases my ability to enjoy phones so much more if I just going completely blind, you know what I mean. Like, I'm willing to accept it for what it is, you know, And that one in particular has some twists and turns that really worthwhile, some big ones.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, the next bundle that they have is the just the discs bundle, and so you get the ten brand new releases, not the four K upgrades, just the ten brand new ones that are new to the sale, and that is Basking, four K kill Us, four K Sisters, four K, Dead Sleep, Blu Ray, Skinheads, Blu Ray, Fearless Dragons, Blu Ray, Ferret Vampire, Blu Ray, Monster Shark, Blue Ray, Shark Under Blu Ray, Night of the Sharks, Blu Ray, and then the slipcase to catch all of those shark'sploitation movies. All of these for two hundred and sixty bucks twenty six dollars of release is kind of incredible for brand new releases from Severn.
Speaker 3: I think that's a great deal. I mean, man, like I you know, like I said, I did not see the Linda Blair film, but just about everything else that I've seen this in this slate has been a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: Well, and I could throw out there because we're featured on the discs for the Linda Blair film. Yeah, it's it's a fun movie. It's not the best Linda Blair movie, but it is a crazy story that is all like it's it is based on an actual doctor taking advantage and killing people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I listened to that. They discussed it on the seven podcast. I listened to it earlier today and they were talking about how is a true story. It's like, although as much as a relaxation clinic where they put you in new coma sounds very appealing to me. If I could maybe get up in three and a half years, that would be awesome, you know what I mean? But yeah, I don't know if it would work out.
Speaker 2: So the next that they have is the Everything Bundle. So this gets you all of the discs. It also gets you all of uh the like little shirts and books and all those little trinkets that are coming with everything else for that price for all of these brand new things, that is quite a lot of stuff to get for sure.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: And then you get the four K Upgrade Bundle. This is the Sunday for four K upgrades that we talked about earlier. All of the for one hundred and thirty five bucks. So basically, if you want every single thing that Severn is doing brand new during this sale, you need these two bundles, and yes, combine them, you're at almost five hundred dollars and that's a ton of money. I'm not taking that away. However, fourteen new releases, shirts, books, enamel pins, slipcovers on most of the releases. This is a ton of stuff. Severn is kind of doing a massive slate here.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I always love their bundles, you know, they always put together like the coolest little drinkets and stuff too, you know, in the shirts. You know, we're always I have my Steckflo shirt on right now. As a matter of fact, you know, nice.
Speaker 2: So this is a lot. We have recommendations, but we're only about eight minutes away, seven minutes away from the site opening. I'm gonna stop sharing this, blake. Why don't you run through you already talked about black and Menuil give us well three more and then we'll see if that gets up right up to the sale time. Then we'll open up the sale and then we'll go through the rest of our lists.
Speaker 3: Sure, I would recommend Midnight if you haven't seen it yet, John Russo's Midnight, you know, being a like we talked about this earlier, like the regional regional filmmaking, regional films, and I think this one's great. It's got John Ampliss, who you know, you know, from Martin Daye Dead. He plays like a bad cop. We got Lawrence Tierney in here, also kind of playing like a bit of a sleeves bag, you know. But it's a great restoration. All of the extras are really cool. If you're like a Romero or like Latent Image, you know, the early like Pittsburgh Filmmaker Crew fan. I think there's a lot of stuff there to dive into. It's a it's a great disc and definitely you know, one to pick up on the sale, and.
Speaker 2: It's it's one that's been there for a long time, so it will absolutely be on sale. It will probably be pretty damn cheap too. That's one that's been a for sure. Yeah, you're like twenty nineteen something like, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean I made sure one of my picks. Of course, Jess Franco's Thong Girls, which is probably one of the best movies I've seen in a long time, is not going to be on sale today, so I made sure that everything else is going to be and we'll have to save that one for another another discussion.
Speaker 2: Well, even then, Thong Girls is it. I think it was only like twenty two.
Speaker 3: Dollars on this It is the best Jess Franco movie. I mean, like it is just so much fun.
Speaker 2: And on top of that, I think on Amazon it was only going for like eighteen for a while, so if you can't wait for sale, that's basically a sale price.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you're a Franco fan, you need that one. I mean, it's just it's it's totally so different than what I'm used to for Franco, but also kind of like ahead of its time, like going to like a lot of the subject matter, and it I think is like very relevant now more so maybe than it was, or you know, more easy to talk about. I think it's definitely could find an audience. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh, Franco is Franco, and obviously he gets a lot of releases, but he is I don't know, He's done so many different things. So we'll see who gets grabbed by. What what's your next one?
Speaker 3: I love Gwendolyn? Have you ever seen Gwendolen? This is also by the director of The White Emmanuel, whose name I will never believe because of course my brain does not want to ever pronounce it like it's supposed to be used. Yeachin, you know what I mean. But this one, you got what Brett Hoff, Right, you know, he's amazing in this and just it's every set piece is kind of like you know, you know how White e Manuel very much is like very because because us is like a photographer, so he's got very great Nissan san In this movie in particular, it's just very like kind of gaudy, you know what I mean, definitely ridiculous, over the top, like I'm not even sure what it's about sometimes, you know what I mean? But what a great watch Man. That movie is just so much fun.
Speaker 2: I am kind of shocked they have not upgraded that one to four K yet. This is another one of those that's like a quintessential Severn title.
Speaker 3: It definitely feels like it, you know, the threat of one liners throughout it too, or just like amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you were making a list of Like when I think of Severn, I think of these ten titles, I feel like Gwendolyn kind of has to be on there because it was a foundational one.
Speaker 3: For them for sure. For sure.
Speaker 2: All right, let's do let's do one more and then I will share one of mine after.
Speaker 3: That cool staying in that vein kind of I would do massacre in Dinosaur Valley. This one has it all. It's got a little Indiana Jones, it's got a little Cannibals, it's got a little plane crash. It's clearly like just kind of rolling a camera in an office space with fake windows and they're like putting up against the trees like it's just and Michael Softkeev also is just a another quite essential Severin Staple actor you know from After the Fall of New York. He's kind of Brett Huffish, you know, the quipping American guy who's not quite sure why he's there, but he's just gonna wise crack his way through it.
Speaker 2: It's a good, good choice, good choice. This is a fun one. I've not watched this one, I think since it came out, and I got to be honest, I don't remember a lot of this movie. I need to see it though. Again. The one I'm gonna shout out, which we talked about just a minute ago before I talk about another full title because we kind of already mentioned this. Spider Labyrinth will absolutely be on sale. And yes, I'm on the disc with Will, But have you got an ending forget forget me being on the disc. This movie is amazing It is essentially a just weird, weird setting over in Budapest, and we've got an individual that's gone over there from the US to investigate some things, and things just start to get a little weird. The townspeople are starting to be at a place and suddenly it is a just special effects masterpiece of an ending that I love so so much.
Speaker 3: The last of that movie, you'll have your jaw, hang it off your face.
Speaker 2: It may be a climactic moment.
Speaker 3: And like that. That's a film that I had not heard of before, and like, you know, I've considered myself fairly well versed in the European and Italian stuff and like, you know, all right, what's this all about? But boy, yeah, yeah, that's that's a payoff, buddy.
Speaker 2: The other one to go a little depressing after that. This is a title that Severn's had got way longer than twenty nineteen. I think it was like a twenty seventeen title. This is the documentary The Killing of America. This is a documentary from nineteen I think it's eighty one, and it's essentially about like gun control and how we've sensationalized violence in a lot of things and it's a really, really great narrative on here, Sibner saying, the site is live, so I will refresh here we go. So I'm going to check out some of this and show everybody some sales prices. But while I finished that, we'll talk about Killing of America, because it is a really great movie, a good documentary, one that is important and sadly still incredibly relevant. Man, this is their seventy five percent offset.
Speaker 3: Wow, I look at this, man, there's some great stuff in here.
Speaker 2: Six and seven dollars on.
Speaker 3: First of all, if you don't have Overboard four ninety nine, now is your chance. I mean, I would snap that up in a heartbeat. It's such a great slip cover too, with a slipcover, Okay, like book, this is the best movie. Like it's phenomenal. I don't know if it translates into today's environment. And man, it's another staple HBO movie. I believe I saw that one in the theaters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a good movie. It's definitely a little some of the storylines in twenty twenty five I am perfect, but you'll still.
Speaker 3: Appreciate it for sure.
Speaker 2: Some other really good things in here that are I mean all of these are under ten bucks.
Speaker 3: Chris Lee Stuff Castle Living Dead Crypt of the Vampire would be a must have for me. Endgame Joe Demato's Endgame awesome post apocalyptic film.
Speaker 2: Mastering Dinosaur Valley that you just shouted out.
Speaker 3: Seven. Yeah, you will not spend a better seven dollars today, I promise you.
Speaker 2: But they do have Gwendolyn also for seven to fifteen, not the one that you just shouted out. Peanut Butter Solution I think is really great. That's one of their seven kids titles.
Speaker 3: So it's really funny. That's a like when I, you know, I work at a bar a couple of days a week, and I tell the guys what I do, and they're like, you know, mostly met with blank stares, and then I recently, not recently, but when I had started working there. I mentioned one of the guys I worked on the Peanut Butter Solution, and he was awestruck. I had to get him a copy. Yeah, it's like he watched it with his son, which really was to me like the best part about it, like exposing a new generation to the peanut butter Solution. Yes, seven fifty Gwendolen, you have the Mondo films here also really cool. I like the Jane Mansfield one. You know, can't beat that.
Speaker 2: A weird one for everybody. Saint Bernard. Have you seen Saint Bernard dip Blake?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I have not, so Saint Bernard is a crazy, crazy exercise in practical effects. Gay Bartolos directed, and it is a guy dragging around a Saint Bernard head for the entire film with some crazy stuff. Just the setting of this film is wild. It is. It is absolutely worth the watch. Very philosophical movie. I love that movie. Nice Man. Some in crazy crazy prices on.
Speaker 3: These Jack the Ripper six.
Speaker 2: The Old UK release a basket for seven fifty if you don't want the four K upgrade.
Speaker 3: Shocking Dark. I would also highly recommend.
Speaker 2: Shocking Dark is great future Shock The Story two thousand and eight d is a must burdevic. Seventh, there you go, there's the Killing of America for seven fifty. H Man the I'd love the the trailer compilations that so many of these companies have put out. Oh yeah, that's exploitation and kung fu trailers a fury.
Speaker 3: People need those. Yeah. When I went to David's premiere of the Clones of Bruce that Tribeca two or three years ago. They were giving away copies of that like an old goodie bag. And I do love trailer collections. There is a cat here in case you're seeing tail.
Speaker 2: I got to be honest looking at the brand new releases here, Blu rays with out slipcovers twenty one dollars. That is a very fair price for a brand new Blu ray from seven something with a slipcase like Ferrete Vampire twenty seven bucks. That's not a bad deal at all.
Speaker 3: That movie is very cool for anybody who has been like me and had not heard of it prior. I think it's it's you know, it's got a little political commentary in there, but you can just watch it kind of for what it is, and it's kind of just a weird addition to the Vampire films. Very cool, very cool car in it too. You know a lot of history of the car. I guess it's like a legendary car in Czechoslovakia.
Speaker 2: I mean it looks pretty amazing. The slipcover on that looks great too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, I love the artwork they did for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So now all that stuff is the main titles there are listed at the front, and then you've got the sale stuff, which we should be able to go through and look at pretty much everything else that's a catalog title. We'll need to go to like the second page here to get to some of the cheaper stuff.
Speaker 3: But gosh, here's what.
Speaker 2: Like thun Girls twenty bucks not on sale, but even on sale, it's only gonna be fifteen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, twenty is not bad at all. You will not regret that purchase.
Speaker 2: Moving down, we should be approaching. Okay, so this is where stuff starts getting on sale here. So we've got like the Creature fifteen bucks dog called Vengeance fifteen bucks. The Dario Argento Deep Cuts is twenty seven to fifty. I might need to get on that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's there's a couple of great episodes. A lot of that Italian TV stuff that has been servicing is really worth watching. And I feel like, you know, I have a I'm a sucker for Lambert Obama. There's just some kind of vibe to his movie. He's like kind of cheesy once he gets past demons and stuff, you know, but like they're just like a comfortable sweatshirt, you you know what I mean. And that's how I felt about these, Like, there are a lot of on I think it was Eyewitness that I watched that I like the most, But the Prince of Terrors, like it's a trip as well, you know, it's got a it's got a killer ending. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I have not seen any of them, and I've heard that it's actually a really good release. And I love I mean, I love Argento, so I definitely want to see it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, the the Argento Deep Cuts with the Door in the Darkness has just got some really cool stuff on there, and then there's all kinds of really like shorts that he did like on other shows, and a lot of that was new to me. So definitely check that out if you get a chance, and especially if you're an Argento a completist.
Speaker 2: Yeah, The Mad Bomber is that one that you saw and q se there Blake.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I did watch that one. It's it's it's different, it's a different it feels that one feels kind of like, uh, something weirdy to me, kind of you know.
Speaker 9: Very like exploitative, exploitative. It's got like a lot of gore in the explosion scenes. It seems like it was maybe they'd try to do a topical thing like, uh, you know who is in that. There's like Joe Don Baker or somebody's in the right like crazy like seventies Stalwart.
Speaker 3: You know another tip Chuck Connor's. That's Chuck Connors, that's the guy. Yeah, so you know, I mean, if you like that kind of stuff, but it's not going to be something that wins you over if you're not into the vibe of like the seventies kind of like, I don't know who would be watching this, It might not be into that. It's right, it's definitely. It's definitely fun and worth watching, and it's got a great explosive.
Speaker 2: Ending reminder that this is not a sale price, but this is usually hard to get unless you're at a convention. They've got the Four Flies on Gray velvet four K release up fifty five bucks, solid release. Again, this is it's pricey compared to the other stuff we were just talking about, but it is a wonderful release of this movie.
Speaker 3: I loved the restoration on this one. I had. This was really hard to track down in the in the early days. I feel like YEP, four Flies and Cat of nine Tails were always kind of the ones that the liars, but this one in particular, and I really like the uh the crazy music kind of starts out with like very like like frantic like drumming music and stuff. It's just you could see Argento cutting his teeth, I feel like, for for What's to come.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's great restoration, absolutely worth watching. One that I have still not seen the full movie of, but when Severn announced it, I went and found a version to watch and it looked it really really intriguing. What is the Red Light Banded all about? Did you see that one?
Speaker 3: I did? Now that's like a brazil like Brazilian right, Yes, it's kind of like a It reminded me a bit of like a stream of consciousness type filmmaking, you know what I mean, Like, yeah, hallucinatory and amazing manifesto. So it's like, yeah, it's I'm trying to is it's very avant garde, you know what I mean, Like it's it's hard to just just tribe what it's about, but it's definitely very artie and and very political.
Speaker 2: It looks good, it really.
Speaker 3: I mean for seventeen forty eight, hell.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a great price for that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's got the short films on there too. I actually do remember the short films. Yeah, those are very cool. There's three different lions that had short now. Yeah, so that's that's got some cool stuff on it.
Speaker 2: Uh. I have to ask if they're here from your friend's list, because I'm not on the East Coast. Is it actually your birthday on Friday the twenty fifth here, Blake? No, okay, good, So they're just doing the Jeremy thing like I got earlier.
Speaker 3: Perfect, it's in November.
Speaker 2: Amazing, Okay, So we talked about Ruffies earlier. Hot Spur is definitely one that people should get.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, Hot Spur and Scavengers all right next to the the commentary that Andrew and Joe Rubin do on both of us. It's just that's worth the price of admission alone. When when I saw Lisa from Something Weird, I she asked what I was up to these days, and I told her about working QC and doing working Severn. She had the pickup and like, oh, you didn't bring Scavengers and Hotspurs. She's like, yeah, no, I kind of left those ones. I didn't know if they are a little too much to bring to the family certainly environment, but the The commentaries I don't know are are so much fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we are looking through Blu rays only right now, but I'm gonna switch over to four K in just a second. I wanted to go down to this title right here, so Close Circuit. I think I've been ringing the bill a lot.
Speaker 3: That's my number two pick for today. Yeah, look at that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just in case you have never seen Close Circuit, Close Circuit is a secret masterpiece in Severn's catalog that so many people have still not seen. And it is stupendous, incredible story. All takes place in a movie theater and it is just a wonderful, wonderful premise.
Speaker 3: But a cast of characters in that right, Like as they go through an interview, it's like each each person gets their time to shine as their own little weirdo, unique character. And there's definitely like you can't tell me that they didn't see that when they wrote Demons. I don't care what anybody says. Okay, Like there is so many there's so much demons vibe to that movie that like it just had to be, but it is it. The ending is just another one. It's best to not know too much about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is true. So here we are with the four k's the first one that we got in this list. That's unseale. Here is the Opera five disc. This is the set that is massive and incredible operas theoretically. I still call it my favorite Argento I this movie and this four K is beautiful, just amazing.
Speaker 3: Yep, A tremendous, tremendous amount of work. I feel like this this group of titles was had a lot going on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, twenty twenty, Texas Gladiators on sale for the first time. Castle of Blood four K on sale for the first time.
Speaker 3: I had Texas Gladiators as a pick for tonight. I would highly recommend that one as well. Al Kliver, I feel like Zombie, you know, you know, the mustachio ginger man who shows up in a lot of Fulci and other assorted Italian films, Joe Tomano. He gets his chance to shine as the lead in this one, and it's like, if you like fall Out and those kind of things, it's kind of like a post apocalyptic vibe, but kind of like a spaghetti western. I don't know. Man, highly recommend that as well. And anytime you're gonna get the soundtrack in there to this Italian stuff, it's like you gotta jump on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I actually listen to these CDs and it's so nice to have some of these in high quality, like proper recordings. It's it's a god say and seven does great stuff on that.
Speaker 3: I'm sure it's no surprise that, Like I'm a big vinyl guy, and I listened to a lot of vinyl. Yeah, right, like CDs especially, I've kind of gotten back into and like cause I like to you know, I do a lot of streaming, but I like the uh being you know, listening to one album at a time, you know, whereas with streaming, you know, you kind of you drift off and you don't listen. You just kind of just continue, continue, continue. Vinyl it forces you to like refocus your attention every time you flip the record, you know. But I don't always have that kind of time if I'm cleaning the kitchen or something. But if I still want to do that, a CD may sound so good. Put them across my five point one system. They sound great.
Speaker 2: You know, like this is uh, this is gonna be ridiculous, but just uh, it was a two days ago. I think I finally remembered a password for a hard drive that I had from years ago from all of the CDs that I collected for years, and was able to get into it to load it into my current hard drives and found out it was four hundred and fifty gigabytes of like my entire life in music, and I'm so stoked just to go through everything again.
Speaker 3: It's awesome. Like I was definitely like on this lime wire phase or whatever you want to call it, whereas it's like for a while, you know, kind of And that's one thing, you know, physical media collecting has its ebbs and flows. I had a big VHS collection and sold it off, you know what I mean. And I had a lot of DVDs and sold them off. And when I did that, it was like I hung on to all the euro stuff and the things that I thought would be obscure and sold off, like the Jason's and the Freddy's and the things that I knew would get another release, you know, And like collecting kind of has ebbs and flows to it. You know. There was a while where I was like, I'm just gonna fill hard drives with stuff, but then I never watched any of it, you know what I mean, Like a hard drive full of stuff is not as cool as like, Hey, you know, I.
Speaker 2: Never stopped buying CDs. My whole thing is this just became the passion that was more than music. Music used to be my number one, with movies being number two. And it's just it's flipped and I don't see that changing back anytime soon, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and especially as I get older, I feel like I have more of an emotional reaction to film cinema than an easier time connecting to new work. I should say, you know, when it comes to film than music.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would agree with that there, and that's for sure. I don't think I've ever seen this similar is asking is Echo and Forbidden any good? Have you seen that one?
Speaker 3: Blake? I have not seen that one.
Speaker 2: I think that's one of the Mando double features that they have.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think I came out around the same time as the Jane Mansfield one.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, those were a little bit before me. I just got the Jane Mansfield myself. I think I'm one of the last sales because it was really cheap. I do like Mondo films. As we discussed before, you know they're kind of but again, that's something that you can and kind of haplessly wander into animal violence if you're not careful.
Speaker 2: Right right, that that does happen. I am keeping my eyes on Butcher Baker nightmare Maker.
Speaker 3: I might pick that up a peak.
Speaker 2: I might pick that one up. I've been very very wanting it since it went for sale with them because I remember seeing that years ago, and I need the four K.
Speaker 3: I think, yeah, it's a lot of fun. Man. I know Andrew loves that one a lot, so he was really stoked when we were working on that one.
Speaker 2: I'll shout out the psychic, really great fulcy film. The four K looks very very good here it is.
Speaker 3: That's as good as that movie is ever gonna look, man like. Indeed, I do like that later era Folg too. You know there's this It's charming, if not his best work.
Speaker 2: Oh no, dude, McMahon is saying, they've got Cruel Jaws back up.
Speaker 3: Oh let me pull that up real quick.
Speaker 2: Is it with the slip or is it just with Oh okay, so it's the the blu ray of Cruel Jaws.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this was gone for quite some time. So this is this is convention stock, so like like four Flies on gray velvet, it is not gonna have a slip. It is not going to.
Speaker 3: Be on sale.
Speaker 2: This is just it's hard to get and now you can get it on Blu Ray, which is cool. I'm glad they had this opportunity back up there for some people.
Speaker 3: Did we talk about Fearless Dragons?
Speaker 2: I think it was mentioned, but not like in depth yet.
Speaker 3: No, that is so fun. I mean that if you're looking for a good time pizza and beer kung Fu movie, like, that thing is just a blast.
Speaker 2: Dude McMahon is saying, Mask of Satan. Too bad, it's not on sale. This one is not gonna be on sale till the next sale. I believe Black Friday is the first time that will be on sale because this one was just released last Black Friday. Some of their older four K stuff are great titles that I would recommend as well. Nightmare looks really great on four K.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, Nightmare is amazing.
Speaker 2: I saw you reaching. I was like, are we going to go into it?
Speaker 3: No? No, we got a cat that's all perfect.
Speaker 2: The Five Days and oo there Argento, that one's on sale for that four K Love me, the Axiom Mutante, the Alex Deela Glacia titles that they've done are just incredible.
Speaker 3: Here's what I see that I could recommend faceless nice Jess Franco for people who don't like Jess Franco. That is true, you know. And it's got an unforgettable theme song that you just cannot get out of your head. For better or for worse, I'm thinking about it right now. But it's got a lot of great gore effects in it, which I think that, like, I don't really can't think of a lot of Franco where it gets gory other than Bloody Moon maybe, yeah, know, like this one is just and the restoration on that is just, oh my god, Like it's you know, I feel like I went to France. Uh.
Speaker 2: Two of that I can mention that are on the screen that I had in my stack. I think these are, yeah, my only four k ones that I was going to talk about other than Spider Labyrinth Out of the Blue, not a very common Severn title.
Speaker 3: This is kind of my number one pick.
Speaker 2: Look at that the uh this is like one of their art house type of titles. This is Dennis Hopper at his absolute best.
Speaker 3: I saw this thing in the worse depending on what.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 3: It is an incredible movie. It is a.
Speaker 2: Depressing, nihilistic movie at some points, but it is quite worth the watch with a just Gangbusters ending that people will love if you've never seen it before, and then they're very very first. Four K is one on my list that I have to recommend because Santa Soandre is an incredible release from them. Nice little package that they put together here this is I think it's a four disc set. Yeah, four disc set. It's got some like art cards in here, and the restoration on this thing is just incredible. It is a hot or asci film through and through. But man, this is this was shocking when when Severn first put this out because it was a film that people were like, oh, yeah, this is pretty good, and then they did their four K restoration was oh my god, this is jaw dropping.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what a great movie. So the rest of his work really needs four K restoration? Right? Did Errow do? Four K is a blu ray? Just blu ray? Right? Yeah? And I don't know what the state of the elements, you know are or rights ownership. I think that was always a big thing because it was owned by like Alan Klein right, El Topo was like the Beatles manager guy who tend to be as it here in the US. Yeah, he's the reason my the Verve had to handle their royalties over to the Rolling Stones for for their Sweet Symphony. You know, the guy. The guy's a bulldog for the rights of his Internet intellectual properties. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a common thing. Unfortunately with him. Uh, it happens. I get it.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, it's like Richard Rubensin and Donnovan Dead. It's it's it's an unfortunate well yeah, man, I never forgave him since like the late nineties when he sent season distance letters to the Donna the Dead fan pages. Like I was, like, I had like my first compact for Sario computer and I'm just like discovering the whole. Like you were talking about the Internet third spaces the other day, you know, like if you if you if you lived in a small area or you liked a certain kind of like you know, I you know, I had a few friends that really this kind of stuff. But getting into broader conversations you know with people came through you know, going on all message boards and fan sites like that and everything. You know, it was so much harder to obtain information about movies and stuff then, you know, if you you couldn't just pull out the IMDb for Donovan Dead or you know, it almost like things would take on like a mythical status. You would hear of them but never see them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and to literally pull away like one of the only resources was just the most asshole of movies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so he's always been and he's definitely not hurting for money since he produced like Doom and things like that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: But you know, right, So some of the seven merch is on sale, not at necessarily fifty percent off, although some of them are fifty percent. Some of them are even more on sale than fifty percent. But I mean, shirts just over fifteen bucks is a pretty good deal. You've got stickers for like a dollar fifty, hoodie for thirty eight bucks for seven is pretty good.
Speaker 3: I love the hoodie, and I can't speak highly enough about the water bottles. There's two of them. I have one of them here, and I love the bottle. Yeah, and the metal one is also great.
Speaker 2: But I don't have any of the water bottles. I guess I'll have to look at that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm into the glasswear brot. I think I've got the pint glass. I think I've got the coffee mag Yeah.
Speaker 2: I've got the Little waken Fright pint glass.
Speaker 3: Nice. Nice. Yeah, I'm a glassware dork. Nice.
Speaker 2: So yeah, the opera shirt is is a really nice one. I love this seven podcast logo tea that they've got some really good stuff to look through here. Let's go through a couple more of your recommendations, Blake, that we haven't talked about.
Speaker 3: Sure. I mean, for the most part, I kind of blasted through a couple in there because you mentioned them. You know, we got Faceless, We've got Texas Gladiators. I know, I haven't brought it up yet. This was one of my favorite films. I love cemetery Man. However, the QC process on this is quite rigorous, and I don't know if I watched it again. So it's an amazing set up. And again, like I spoke of it earlier, like it looks better than the film has ever looked. You know. It's yeah, it's just there's so much detail on the cinematography of that it was just missing from from every other presentation of it before and the five point one or the I think it's at most on this one. Is it not great sound mix? Great sound mix.
Speaker 2: That set also some really great extras to that don't get praised enough. Just truly an all together, really really wonderful set yep.
Speaker 3: And i'd say otherwise Vampyros Lesbos, you know, yeah, that's just Franco fan or if you're just getting into the Severn stuff, that is definitely one that you have to have. It's Franco. I'd say that there's two entry points there for Franco, depending on which angle you want to take in my recommendations. You got Faceless, which is a little more of a straight up like kind of exploitation, I don't want to say slasher movie, but horror movie. And then there's Vampires Lesbos, which is just like free, free jazz Dracula yep.
Speaker 2: And and it's good. That's the big thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's good. That is d Franco film. I think for a lot of people, I mean for me, it brought me back listening or watching the documentary about Kim's video That's where I had first picked up this. This is kind of how Jess Franco got on my radar. This is like a big record kind of in the nineties for like DJs and stuff. It was the Sexadelic Dance Party and had like, I think some stuff from She Kills in Ecstasy and Vampiris Lesbos on it. I had actually heard that long before I saw the movies and kind of just like would stare at the cover like this seems so cool, and then I was not disappointed when I saw it.
Speaker 2: Craig is asking if it's possible to add more to an existing order, and yes, during the sale it is. I believe it'll give you the option at checkout.
Speaker 3: All right, give us another give us another title there, blakeh boy, geez, let's see when we went through Gwendolyne Massacre and Dinosaur Valley, do we talk about Voludo Nero my pick that was out of the Black Emmanuel set I think a little bit another Al Kliver, great great character actor from Italy. He's you know, he's in the Texas Gladiators, Zombie all that stuff. He plays a bit of a cult leader. It's kind of like disaffected rich people sex vacation, weird trip out movie, but like it's got a lot going on, and yeah, that's definitely. I don't know if that would get a standalone release. I know the the I'm sorry, what is in the Tales? The Spanish TV series?
Speaker 6: What is that?
Speaker 3: If you have not seen it, I would highly recommend it's kind of like got you know, like a Twilight Zone vibe or like you know, outer Limits.
Speaker 2: And if I remember right, this thing is like a shocking amount of content in here.
Speaker 3: I feel like there's a bunch of episodes right yeah.
Speaker 2: The runtime almost fifteen hundred minutes. Yeah, and if you buy it right now, it's seventeen dollars and forty eight cents.
Speaker 3: I feel like I worked on that for like half a summer.
Speaker 2: Like, let's see, do you think the Pickup is going to sell out before it goes on sale? No? I don't even think it's limited, So no, definitely not.
Speaker 3: I would snap up, you know, if my personal sale approach to this one, to snap up a lot of those those chief titles right away, because absolutely that is like a great way to bulk up your seven shells.
Speaker 2: No, and some of those seven fifty ones are likely closer to selling out or at least going out of print. Pickup is limited to two thousand. I did not realize that. If that's the case, maybe, I don't know, it's not one that I see in a lot of like hall posts or anything.
Speaker 3: I think the leaf ross is a little bit of a tough cell.
Speaker 2: Maybe yeah, in twenty twenty five, I can see that case for sure.
Speaker 3: But again, like I said with Black and Manuel, like all it takes is the right re evaluation and the right the right lens on these things to kind of you know, and appreciates cinema as a time capsule, you know.
Speaker 2: On that note, one that is super relevant right now, I think I'm close to coming up to it here, so I will scroll for a second to verify there. It is one of my favorites. And the entire Severn catalog is the Canadian film Siege.
Speaker 3: Have you seen that? The one that is a very cool one.
Speaker 2: So this is a movie that starts with some people in a club that is a not great situation when they are encroached upon by people that are just looking to pull out a planned attack on this group and they essentially have to go hole up and keep themselves alive. And it's something sort of similar to like Assault on Precinct thirteen, And it's incredibly incredibly mesmerizing. The movie is really well acted, It is tense through and through. It is a really poignant ending ending, and the whole thing sort of stems from a period of time in Canada where some of this is based on not quite like a true story, but a real series of events that happened that learning about the history that was kind of crazy. So definitely we're checking.
Speaker 3: Out another one where the bonus features give you some historical context to appreciate the film a little more.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I still can't believe Overboard is five.
Speaker 3: Bucks by two. What a great Christmas present.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hello, Grandma, I bought you a Blu ray copy of Overboard. You can't play and it is probably problematic in.
Speaker 3: Twenty if you love Grandma, n if you buyer a Blu ray player too, Yes.
Speaker 2: Yes, indeed, lots of fun stuff in their catalogs starting around this time, and going back that a lot of people still have not seen. Night of the Demon is the classic severin We're Gonna Rip off your dick, Bigfoot movie.
Speaker 3: Don't Go in the House. Also great movie there, I love that one.
Speaker 2: Fantastic.
Speaker 3: That's a Stockholm syndrome movie. That's a movie that I thought that I hated until I started working on it and that I discovered that I actually love it.
Speaker 2: Dude McMahon is saying the free shipping thrushold was one hundred, but it's wanting to charge me ten bucks. Did they stop or do they change that? Let me look up their policy here that we just had pulled up, because as far as I'm aware, I thought one hundred was still the free shipping.
Speaker 3: I think you had to choose that. It's a selected checkout if you look at.
Speaker 2: The Yeah, is it giving you the option to get free shipping if you select something else? McMahon, Yeah, it says free med email shipping over one hundred just selected at checkout, So there should be an option there for you when you're in the process. You shouted out Midnight earlier, and then I want to shout out Cannibal Man. This is why I had to watch a couple of times to appreciate. I did not love it the first time, and then watching the second time, and after learning about all of the political context behind the Franco regime and everything, Cannibal Man is really well acted. I think people will appreciate that if they have never seen it, it's worth the watch.
Speaker 3: I think when you're looking at a lot of the Spanish stuff as a reaction to the end or the dying throws of the Franco regime, it makes it all the more interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it explains a lot some stuff. If you're watching it for the first time of that context, it might seem a little nonsensical even, but finding out why the film had to do that is a completely different story.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I know that we're talking about shark'sploitation stuff a lot because of what is in the brand new titles, but we should probably point out Deep Blood, the Joe Tomato film, which in the seven catalog before it did not have a lot of friends other than cruel Jaws, and now it's got quite a few that it can hang out with. Demato is always wild, but this is one that if you want a fun Jaws ripoff, you should check it out. It is it is worth the watch. Not the best shark exploitation film, but definitely worth owning.
Speaker 3: And it's it's pretty cheap right now. Yeah, for sure. I mean, any Joe to Moatto, in my opinion, is it's worth owning.
Speaker 2: I would agree.
Speaker 3: There is the Caligula film, the Joda motto caligular film is that one on sale? I like that one a lot too, it is, of course that would be a good one. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I pull up all the demodel that you can and add to Kart because they are the two.
Speaker 3: Dis Colegula and Messalina. Is only seventeen forty eight, for sure. You got two cuts of the movie, the X rated cut and the unrated cut, for sure, worn't it so? Uh?
Speaker 2: Somebody was asking about this film earlier in the chat, and I just wanted to say, if you've never seen it, Day of the Animals is one of the most fun animal attacks films that you can watch. I mean you literally see Leslie Nilsen your face light.
Speaker 3: Up right, I'll allow you to continue.
Speaker 2: You see Leslie Nilson like get in a boxing match there, Like, is that the best way to say it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's there's hands involved. Uh yeah.
Speaker 2: Day of the Animals is a really interesting premise for a film.
Speaker 3: Bunny of the Animal, Grizzly, you know, any of the animal Wild Beasts of course also kind of fits in that, although that's the only one I think where they're on VCP. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, less less nature, more man made. Yeah, but yeah, Day of the Animals is probably my favorite of that era of the Animals attacks films. It's it's a fun story, it's it's got actual animals that they do some crazy stuff with real animals in that movie that probably would never be allowed on a set.
Speaker 3: I know. Yeah, good stuff. Dang deep Blood is only seven fifty. That's crazy.
Speaker 2: I spent a lot of money on Deep Blood once.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you could. You could definitely build a nice collection with some of these prizes seven fifty.
Speaker 2: It seems like the free shipping option disappears if you check out through the shop app. This happened to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I could do the guest thing right, check out as a guest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was about to give that as the recommendation. But I don't know if this is a hot take, but fuck Shop, Like I hate how much they're like controlling the checkout process on so many of these sites.
Speaker 3: And like I prefer to use PayPal paying for and they kind of like unless you do the checkout as a guest, sometimes they will pigeonhole you into using your shop app and then they give you like the bogus like here's ten dollars in cash that you can't use on anything, and if you try to it's like the prices are different. So it's a you know, but coming from the this is the school of I'm gonna send beg my mom for a check so I could send it out for a catalog, and when I would get that, six weeks later, send out another check so I could get my movies. And maybe they showed up, maybe they didn't, you know what I mean. I guess I'll settle for shop for the shot aapp. I can, like, you know, keep an eye on where things are and get excited, like today when I was like, oh my god, my Mario Bama set is on.
Speaker 2: I want to shout out def Crocodile, who just posted in the chat. I just removed the check out with shot feature in our store. Yes, thank you, that's why you're incredible.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 2: Let's see some other ones. Tales of the and Canny is definitely one that people should see if you have not seen it yet. Severn is a kind of incredible at these in house production documentaries and this is the story of anthology horror and it's just really well done. Fifteen bucks can't beat that. Just perfect. Let's see Cruel Jaws back in stock. Like we mentioned earlier, some of the more classic Severn stuff popping up here.
Speaker 3: The Beast Must Die. I love that one too. It's so classic. That's Amicus as well, is it not.
Speaker 2: I believe it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I think so.
Speaker 2: If you are not one of the lucky, like nineteen people that still have the Al Adamson box set, the Al Adamson Documentary is one hundred percent worth your time. One of the craziest stories of somebody's life that you will ever hear again. In house documentaries from Severn is kind of David's like Forte that's what he was doing way back in the day at in kirbay Uh and then helping with Blue Underground and now doing it on his own. Severn is pumping out some of the best documentaries out there. I mean, look at what they're doing with the Susanna story right now.
Speaker 3: I mean, working with these guys, David Carl Andrew Todd, their passion for the movies like it's it's it's just a world different than you know. Had I had, you know, I worked for these guys first before everything else that I did, I probably would have had a much different experience in the industry. Than I did back then. You know, these are guys that are absolutely fans first and foremost, and just like you know, you realize that, you know, I've been around this whole collecting scene for decades now, you know, and it's a small group of people that kind of you know, perpetuate a lot of this stuff. And it's it's people like you and everybody. This is like watching and commenting that keep this stuff alive, you know. And it's and it's funny like how you'll you know, like when I met Bill Leussig, he's like, oh, my partner David Gregory, and like years later that's somebody that I'm working for, you know what I mean. Like it's just kind of you see how it's really driven by, you know, people with passion for the physical media and for the films themselves. And it's nice to see younger generations of people you know, watching your show or you know, getting into collecting. And like I was saying before, like films that were trauma pickups that we couldn't give away seeing them finally find an audience. You know, a story of a junkie that that VSL put out, it was amazing. I love that movie. It was like one of my favorite pickups, you know, and it's just when like the boutique company is being run by fans and people who are actively keeping this stuff alive doing documentaries rather than you know, soulless corporations. That's why we get stuff that's so comprehensive and why like, you know, something will get delayed so we could put an extra bonus feature on there or a CD soundtrack, you know. That's that little stuff to go the extra mile, like is so huge, and that's what attracted me to Severe in the first place, made me want to work with them, you know, just because it just seemed like you weren't just selling me some crap. You know, like so much goes into presenting this the best possible way. And you see that when they get a find a new source or finally dig up a negative, you know, they go out of their way to make a nice restoration and do it right. Yeah. They just did that with.
Speaker 2: Oh, the Franco movie or not Franco, the klaus Kinski Dracula.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, they just did that again.
Speaker 2: It was something that like, oh, we're never gonna be able to find this, let's just put this out.
Speaker 3: They did it.
Speaker 2: It was great, and then suddenly they did find it and they went through the process of making just an incredible release out of it, which many of the labels would have just said, we can't do anything.
Speaker 3: Sure, And it never it never feels like a cash grab. It always just feels like, you know, we are doing this because we found a better source. We want to give you the best possible version.
Speaker 2: You know. I wanted to point out Blood on Satan's Claw. This is another one of the convention stock titles, one that you can't always get from Severn. So if this is a title that you want, you may want to prioritize that during this weekend sale.
Speaker 3: Great movie as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, V, if you have never seen it or you don't have plans to pick up the first box set All the Haunts by Hours because it is in that box set. V is a really wonderful movie. It has one of the most memorable final fifteen minutes in a film that you will ever see. It has some of the most shocking imagery that they I still can't believe how they got some of those shots in that film.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Eastern European stuff from that era is just like it's again, a whole new world to explore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, now you're getting into like the old era of seven. A lot of these are stuff that people that got in like post pandemic that many people had not even seen many of these titles because these were released in like twenty eighteen and previously love a lot of these. Next to Kin is a really great film. Have you seen that one? No Xtakin is good. People need to check that out. Skinner that is one that will make you feel a little creepy for sure. All the Colors of Giallo is another one of the documentaries you should check out. They also have All the Colors of the Dark. That was a sale two disc title. Came into this little fancy dual package that they put out back in the day. What else Anthropophagus and Absurd I believe these said that both of these are coming in four K eventually. I think they're working on restorations those still, so may if you're not, like I have to hop on four these would be a goodbye right now.
Speaker 3: But if not, you may want to hold off on those.
Speaker 2: The Changeling this is another one that is a title that Seven has put out multiple releases of and their four K of the Changeling looks great, and this is just an amazing classic horror.
Speaker 3: Movie, probably one of the creepiest ghost stories. I feel like it might be my favorite. Yeah story, it's very good. Yeah, it's so worth checking out. It is a great, great time see seven coffee mug is only seven dollars. I'd like to point out, very very worth it for the glass beaar fans off. There very nice.
Speaker 2: Some classics here, like The Devil's Rain and Devil's Honey. Devil's Honey is a four K now, Threads is one that I have recommended quite a few times. However, that one is another one that's rumored to be getting a four K soon, So I don't know if that'll be seven or somebody else, but you might want to check it out.
Speaker 3: Nice, Yeah, that one. I think Diabolic posted a couple of weeks ago or a couple weeks ago saying that like sales had gone up on it, like after like some one of the most recent crises. I don't know if it was I ran or one of those things like that's certainly a choice you like of your viewing. Yeah, just embarrassing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, more of these trailer compilations listen on this last page here. Dark Waters is another one that is that one's in the first all the haunts.
Speaker 3: Right, I think so yeah, Yeah, that one's.
Speaker 2: A different disc even so if you want everything, I think this one has different special features that are not in the box set.
Speaker 3: Cathay's Curse, but that's the older Blu ray.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that one is on four K. Now.
Speaker 3: Doctor Butcher MD has a four K now as well. Uh, Doctor Butcher four K would always be in my top recommendations.
Speaker 2: Uh. The Lost Soul documentary. This is one that everybody should probably see at least once. If you're into the island of doctor Moreau's story, you gotta check this out. And then there we go Vampius Lesbos and She Killed in Ecstasy. Both are if you're getting into seven you probably should have both.
Speaker 3: Of these for sure, definitely must have.
Speaker 2: That is the end of the Blu Rays. Let's go over. I'm gonna look closer at some of this merch stuff. Seven dollars coffee mug is intriguing. Geez, that is cheap.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I recommend it's a nice one.
Speaker 2: Seven Shock class that definitely already have one of those. I don't need a flask for anything. Why do I feel compelled? Cloud Mage says The Changeling is unbelievable, one of the most shocking opening standing movie ever. Love it been putting off the four kp grade, but the sale might force my hand. Agree about next of kin and change links? Is Couch Odyssey? Two good movies? What else we got website exclusives? Lots of stuff gonna be on sale in this one. They've got a lot of slipcover stuff that you can't get anywhere else that's on sale this time. Nice gosh, seventeen fifty for some of these titles that I've been wanting for a while, might be forcing my hand.
Speaker 3: I gotta admit.
Speaker 2: Let's see any other questions or recommendations from the chat. I just realized they're still selling The Kathy's Curse for K box.
Speaker 3: I didn't didn't know that.
Speaker 2: I might need to pick that up.
Speaker 3: I have one. I don't think it lights up.
Speaker 2: I'm not surprised.
Speaker 3: I don't think it ever did. But I think that was one that I just asked for, and I was like, I don't care if it works to send me one, you know, like it.
Speaker 2: Was a good idea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I remember the old dead pit VHS slip back in the day. But it is a gorgeous looking cover regardless. I mean, I like, you know, I love the slips yep uh.
Speaker 2: Cloud Mage wants to ask what Gwendolen is, Like, why don't you talk about this one again?
Speaker 3: There, Blake, Yeah, it's kind of I won't say it's a comedy, but it's definitely funny, you know. It's kind of like I said, it's on part with Emmanuel the Sylvia Crystal one in that, like it's got great Nissan Son everything is set up perfectly, but it's just really goofy, and I guess it would be like kind of a sex comedy. It's got Tawny Katain in it shwing, you know, like can't go wrong there, you know. But yeah, it's just it's a lot of fun, you know. It's goofy. It's it's not like it's certainly not a neurotic film like a Manu. Yeah, it's it's it's it plays its hand goofy, like right from the beginning. It kind of plays like a great value John Carpenter movie or something like that, you know, And like I said, the protagonist is always kind of like you know, or Brett Hooff is always kind of like doing quips, you know. And the original title of it was like like the Perils of Gwendolyn in the Land of the Yik Yak or something like that, which kind of I feel like that gives you like a better idea of the vibe of the movie. It's like goofy kind of you know. Again, I think that's Andrew's term, like the pizza and beer movies, like one of those things you want to throw on, like, hey guy, I'm gonna say it's something fun, you know, like sometimes some of this stuff I could watch gets a little grim or or or boring or repetitive and something like that you could just bust on. It's a party, party film. Yeah. It's also got a great soundtrack by Pierre Boshet, who does some music for some of the Men All films.
Speaker 2: I don't think I knew that was the same composer, and now that makes perfect sense.
Speaker 3: I think he did maybe the second because Serge Gainsburg does like the third right, something like that, something like that.
Speaker 2: I want to shout out one that I was going to grab and forget all about it. All about evil is a really great watch some great extras on this Disso were you were you doing QC.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was one of the first ones that I did. That was a lot of fun, and that was kind of like, you know, like I kind of had an aversion to newer films and so or things that were like so OV until I started doing QC, you know, and that's kind of got like a really fun like John Waters vibe to it almost. You can tell it. They're like kind of going for that, you know, but it's not it's not like annoying or or overt in a way that like makes it less original. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's definitely worth the watching. Sasha Leone great in it, and again it's really great, really great extras on that disc.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have mentioned so many titles tonight, and I feel like there's more than I wanted to say, But yeah, what else you got, Blake.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's tough when you're trying to like I mean, I would just recommend so many of them, you know, like there's so much stuff here. Castle of Blood, of course is amazing. I don't know, if that's something that is fifty percent off, that's a great four K upgrade. If you don't have it, of course. I don't think we've talked about the clones of Bruce, you know, if we're going to go for the box set Sunday or is that Sunday Saturday? Sorry, Saturday Saturday? You know, the clones of Bruce. If you're a fan of martial arts, I mean, you could grab Fearless Dragons and Fearless Dragons on that and call it a day. You know. There's just so much and there's so much fun in that Bruce set, you know, and kung Fu films Asian films in general are kind of another thing that I've kind of just really started to get into through work. You know. I did a little bit of work on one of the Shaw Brothers sets, I think Sharve's three, and that was when I kind of started like, Okay, maybe I do really like this stuff and you know, get a little more appreciation for the choreography and things like that in the films.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I am. I think the Bruce Ploitation Box is the main thing on my mind for the sale, for sure. I for some reason I've been holding off, and now it's just time.
Speaker 3: Yep, don't wait any longer, bro.
Speaker 2: I mean yeah, it'll be one hundred bucks. And for those that have been like on the fence on that price, don't forget that the Severn Store release has a full extra disc that the wide release does not have for that title.
Speaker 6: Thanks.
Speaker 2: So these are some of the newer ones that we haven't spent a lot of time on. But keep in mind some of these bundles are limited. So like the the Everything Bundle is limited to only fifty, the Turkish Delight Bundle is only to one hundred and fifty. So if you're after like that art book, you might want to jump on those sooner than later. I bet that the Everything Bundle will probably sell out in like the next twelve hours. It pretty much always does. And then the Turkish Delight Bundle. Baskin is kind of like a low key, pretty big movie. I think a lot of people love that one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a good one. I would definitely check it out.
Speaker 2: Let's while we're just scrolling through some of these things, let's go through the QC process some more, because for those that don't understand, what are some examples when you're looking post restoration? What are some of the things that you're looking for?
Speaker 3: I mean, I think the biggest thing. You know, you want to find any kind of like dropped frames or any kind of like weirdness going on. It always seems like more often not things that get miss or things in the periphery like where there's scanning the film, you know, you'll see things that kind of like we'll slide to one side making sure that things are framed correctly. And especially when they're doing like recreations of the edits from the o C and there's a lot that go wrong there. And you know, it's a lot of you know, digital stuff and digital artifacts, restoration artifacts, flashing. There's a million things that could go wrong. And that's just in that stage. You know, I don't you know, I obviously am not working alongside of like the color of correctionists and things like that. But when something is wrong, you know what I mean, or like Dolbi vision things like that aren't working like you're going to know, you.
Speaker 2: Know, yeah, so post the restoration and they get everything ready on the disc, how are you checking the disc to make sure that it's good for production?
Speaker 3: So I either use and like the old APO two three player, which you can basically get like a disc image or emulation and play it off of that to or I could burn it, depending if I want to try it on different machines. Sometimes I have a PlayStation, I have an Xbox, and if I have time, I like to pop things in different machines, different configurations of sound, whether I'd be running through an optical cable or an HDMI. The other day I found an audio issue that manifested on something. Not when it was plugged in through the HDMI, but if you plugged it into the optical, like all of the channels were wrong, you know what I mean. But when it was down mixed into PCM, it was right, you know what I mean. So it was like when it but you know, So that was something that like, you know, I feel like I learned something all the time, and that was that was a big one. Crazy.
Speaker 2: I love that you brought up the player that you have, and it's hilarious because I have an OPO two of three and I let Andrew know, and that was the moment where he was like, oh my god, how are you not doing QC for us?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Opo, that is like a leg up that allows me to do a lot of stuff four K, especially because a Blu Ray DVD I can burn, you know what I mean, But a four K I can't really burn. And that allows me to run the four K from a file like it was a disc. Essentially it acts exactly the same.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the APO two three for those that don't know, it's not been manufactured since I think twenty eighteen.
Speaker 3: So now the secondary market prices on them insane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like starting at like two thousand dollars. Literally, it's stupid. It is absolutely stupid. I might have to plug in here really quick. Can you give you one second of course?
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, I'll be right back.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, I have that player as well, and it is something that will allow you to put in basically any format and it will be able to read it and play it. For a lot of people, the OPO is like the the main thing that you want to basically be able to throw anything at it in your collection and it will be able to find a way to read it. And considering the second prices, they are not easy to come by nowadays. Sadly, let's see picked up the Baskin Bundle and feeding Frenzy Nice. Danny Mozart says OPO is too good, it couldn't last yeah, that is.
Speaker 3: True for sure.
Speaker 2: M dude McMahon, what is your audio setup for QC. I'll ask Blake that in a second. I have not been one to do QC for audio. I've only done QC for video. I don't have a good audio setup for that, sadly, so yeah, I'll ask him that just a second. Paul is saying what is comparable to the OPO?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: This is the sad thing is why it's valuable and still like cost two grands on the second hand market. There is nothing comparable to the OPO now. There's nothing being manufactured that you will play everything like the OPO did. There is nothing that has all of the options that the OPO had. There's nothing that has been reliable like the OPO is. So it is something that is difficult for sure. This name how did you get to the web store exclusive section? When you go up to the menu and go to shop, it shows on the left side here under formats web Store Exclusive slipcover section. Blake, we had a question of what is your audio set up like for QC.
Speaker 3: It really depends. I use like an LG seven to one system. I also try to check on like just the TVs I have an LGC two that's my main monitor. I feel like the LGC two gives you like the best Dulby Vision color representation. I'm sure there's nicer models, but that's just been the one that I've been working on for a while. But I use an LG seven to one. Nothing fancy, you know what I mean. It is just a store lot, best buy, yeah type thing. And then I also I tend to check with headphones a lot, especially commentaries. Commentaries tend to have a lot of weird anomalies in them, and two point zero mixes. I check in headphones a lot too. But I mean, I'm only ever limited by how much time I have to work on something because I would love to go through it, like on every machine, with every audio and visual configuration. It's like, you know, if you've ever recorded music on indie music for yourself, like you want to listen to it in the car, You want to like, you know, listen to it everywhere. So I mean I try to to be as extensive as I can, like even go as far as like a lot of times looking for things like in supplements like misspelled chirons or like you know, just in subtitles. Of course, that's always the that could be its own job.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's I mean, there's a lot that you can find in some of these things. And I think that is kind of the unsung hero of this QC process that people aren't realizing, because gosh, you can discover just almost anything, and so many different stages.
Speaker 3: Of this and and you know, like I said, like it's a matter of breaking things like trying to you know, you know, like just knowing the way that my system worked, knowing that like you know, I wasn't to get the pure you know, DTS mix. I had to use the optical you know, so like they just but it would be easy if I'm just doing two point out, just be like, oh, I'll just use the HDMO, you know what I mean, check it that way, right. It's just, you know, you you learn that there is just and it's always like a terrible feeling if I see a note about like a disc recall or something and I'm like, oh my god, I raised my notes. I'm like, did I work on that? Like, like you know so, but thankfully I haven't experienced that too much. Knock on wood.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, that is a worrisome thing with QC. For sure, you don't want to be the person that caused something to get missed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, you know, and it's and it's hard, like you are, you know, more covered with some scenarios than others, Like some places like it might you know, smaller labels, it might be me and the person who runs the label looking at it, and that's it, you know what I mean. The person who runs the label might be fatigued from looking at it a thousand times, you know. So that's and that's the thing. It's like fresh eyes are always going to be or fresh look at something. That's why I always try to like take breaks or come back to it, you know, and you can't, like you can't race through it. You cannot race with the word like I have all this work to do, it's gonna take me x amount of hours, Like no, you don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's it's a lot more tiring than people probably understand.
Speaker 3: I Mean.
Speaker 2: One of the things with QC is your eyes kind of have to be open the entire time, Like blinking is a problem.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm a professional napper, like I will take like if I get slightly tired and I find myself my attention drifting, and especially this time of the year where it's so hot, if I find my attention drifting, I will go and take a nap just to get back on it with fresh eyes. Because, like you said, watching the end of Asylum like eight times, like that's what happens. Like if you're trying to force something, you're trying to get through the deadline, you're trying to watch something at the last minute. Sometimes it's better just to go to bed and look at it, you know, get up, set your alarm for four am, and get up and look at it again, you know, take a nap, go to sleep for an hour.
Speaker 2: Blake am I right? And assuming that because you're plugged in, you can't use the headphones now yeah?
Speaker 3: Correct? Sorry, making sure are you getting some feedback?
Speaker 2: Ever so slightly? Plus you're a little quieter than you were, but that's okay.
Speaker 3: I might be able to switch back in the second I met like seventeen percent everywhere, it's not pretty cracked. Quick here.
Speaker 2: Understood, and now your sideways?
Speaker 3: Oh oh all right, well let's see if you can come back here we go, Yeah, you're good, all right, I'll try to be louder.
Speaker 2: Uh, well, maybe we. I mean we've looked through most of the titles. We're probably close to the end here. Did you have any on your list that you wanted to share that we haven't yet?
Speaker 3: I feel like between the two of us we covered all ten of them. I would say out of the Blue is my number one. Closed Circuit would be my number two.
Speaker 2: I love this movie. I love Close Circuit.
Speaker 3: I love that we were on the same page for both of those. Yeah, out of the Blue is like that eighties renegade filmmaking vibe that I was talking about before. I had a great quote that I had the right that starts off that that film in particular, and goes to show you the mind space of Hopper. At this point he said, for a person like me, it's a miracle that I get the opportunity to direct a film because I don't listen to anybody, And it seemed like he was in that phase of not listening to anybody. Oh yeah, it shows in the movie. Yeah, he's ripping beers the entire time, very very clearly.
Speaker 2: Of the ten brand new films on the slate, what are like top two that you would recommend for people that you think are just the most fun.
Speaker 3: I would do Ferrat Vampire for sure, and it would be a tough decision for me to decide between Last Shark or The Shark Hunter. So it depends you, like, do you like Treat Williams or do you like Frank o'neiro in a wig? God, that's hard, it is hard. They're both essentially. I feel like they talk about how it's kind of the same story for like at least half of the film, but they both really work for me, man and I like, you know, we didn't mention it, but Doug Buck's Sisters is actually a good watch. Cloye Sabini's great in it, Stephen Ray is great in it, and it's I mean, it takes balls the size of Cincinnati to remake a Brian de Palmer movie. So I give Doug Buck credit for that for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that is a bold move to do that, for sure.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it definitely I do not hate it. It's it's a decent watch.
Speaker 2: Anymore any more questions out of the chat before maybe we call it for the night. As people are thinking and maybe writing out a question, I just want to say thank you. You've been incredible, Blake. You've answered so many fun questions. Here's a question. Plan nine wants to know. I'm half Hispanic, but I'm curious about skinheads. Any info on the movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like Clauia Pragosa and roseal Vanieri, like like our Drudy what's her last name? Sorry, I'm thinking of two different people. It's like their take on Robber Stomper. You know, it's uh and it's got like, you know, the Fergaso charm. So it's it's it's serious, which is you know, when you look at Foragasso's other work, it's hard to take it serious. But it actually is a pretty good movie, a decent story, and it's like again contemporary thing to that Robber Stopper, maybe American history X era of them being like, hey, look, we could make something serious too. And I mean obviously the storyline of like disaffected like male youth like kind of is relevant right now. You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the first time I'm blu Ray anywhere in the world. And it's Rosella Drudy.
Speaker 3: Is the name Rudy, Yes, that's it. Yeah, thinking Rosalvanieri and Rosella Drudy.
Speaker 2: Say that five times fast. Yeah, but genuinely, I mean great behind the scenes on all the QC process. I've only been involved in the post restoration steps, so it's nice to hear about all the other stuff. But to hear somebody that's seen all of these in the last few months and so much work and all the titles that we're all about to enjoy, just thank you.
Speaker 3: I mean, I know that this is not a process that you're.
Speaker 2: Getting fan mail for all your hard work on these, so genuinely thank you for what you do.
Speaker 3: No, dude, I really appreciate this. This is a lot of fun and thank you. I mean, at the point that I started doing QC, I started listening to you pretty much and really got my discollecting and high gear. And the enthusiasm that I had, you know, for this and continue to have for it is mostly because of people like you, Andrew David, Jonathan Hurstberg from Fun City, like everybody that I work with, it is just so enthusiastic about you know, you know, we're all fans on top of of you know, working on this stuff. Yeah.
Speaker 2: One thing I do want to say for anybody that did not see it. Blake's letterbox Facebook, Instagram, all that is in the description below. Go give him a follow. He is somebody that you should absolutely keep an eye on throughout the years. I mean, he's watched so many of these movies that we're all interested in. He gets to watch them before us and prepare us for it. So yeah, it's worth it.
Speaker 3: And I had post lots of pictures of cats. If you like cats, I got lots of them. I'm surprisingly one made a brief appearance tonight, very brief. I better go check there, probably lighting the house on fire.
Speaker 2: Hilton says. Any thoughts on Ozzy lost this week obviously?
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, that's a bummer, you know, Like I feel like all the heavy hitters, the legends from the seventies lou reed Ozzy, you know, and what a terrible year of David Lynch, you know, all the legends. I definitely feel like the world that I came from is starting to not exist anymore, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's crazy to lose Azzy, but I mean, to be fair, we got a lot more Ouzsie than I think many of us ever expected.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, what a way to go out. I mean, if you saw the footage from that concert, like, yeah, so awesome, So cool and just like, what a touching tribute to the man. You know, dude's been around Like me, you can't. I've seen a lot of people trying to discount his contribution to music, and that's crazy fan or not. You can't do that, not at all. I mean, he is a legend literally for sure.
Speaker 2: Well that's all we got tonight. See everybody back next Thursday. Enjoy the rest of the sale. Keep in mind stuff changes every day, so like the box set sale will be there on Saturday, the Sunday will be the upgrade day. Keep an eye on the stock counts. I mean, some of this stuff, for all we know, could sell out. There's stuff that's limited. There's stuff that I mean some of the stuff that's only seven to fifty could be nearing the end of their license theoretically, so they could literally just run out of them. So keep a close eye.
Speaker 3: Cheers man, Thank you, Thanks.
Speaker 2: Blake, have a good night. We'll see you all next Thursday, and have a good week. Stay safe everybody. Yeah, another new first time guest next Thursday too, so come hang out awesome see you then. Thank you for watching The Disconnected. On the way out, make sure that you are subscribed to the channel, that you've liked the video and that you've copied the link to be able to share with someone else that may appreciate this.
Speaker 4: Me no, Hello, This is Matt and Emily from Scarecrow Video in Seattle, Washington. Did you know that we have the largest video collection in the world. We have over one hundred and forty six thousand titles and growing. That's over three times more than Netflix, Amazon Max, and Hulu combined.
Speaker 10: Plus a Scarecrow now offers rent by mail service throughout the US, so check out Scarecrow Video dot org for details. You can catch Emily and I or Matt and I if that was going to be you saying that on our biweekly YouTube show Viva Physical Media for video recommendations and so much more.
Speaker 3: CIA bye e.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to hear more shows from the Someone's Favorite Productions podcast network. Please select the link in the description