Speaker 1: Hello, everybody, Welcome back to the fire Escape Cast. It is episode ninety three. I'm Mike Mahardy here as always with Dan Rikert.
Speaker 2: Hello, Mary Kish, Hello.
Speaker 1: And my cat Daisy decided to come intro. Oh my god, I was gonna move her mouth me, Michael Wow.
Speaker 2: For the audience. For those who aren't on the video feed, that is just a cat speaking into a microphone. You won't know if I'm lying unless you joined the Patreon on the video gotch.
Speaker 3: I love Amanda more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's not a lie. She's You're not far off they all do.
Speaker 3: I mean she said it.
Speaker 1: Diazy has become I don't know if I've told you that. She just decided like two weeks ago to become a lapcat at five years old.
Speaker 2: As animals get older, I think you can see there's like we see it with like Razor, just getting like a little more chill or a little different.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that happens. It happens with people. When you get older, you get different, right, that's what.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I forget what five is in cat years, because cat years isn't just seven years like dogs. It's it's like way more at first, but then when they're older. Each year is oh not human years. So what does it say for five year old cats? How old is she? Well?
Speaker 2: Google AI says, it's just the thing at the top. It's the quickest thing, right. The first year. Okay, here's from Purina. Okay, this is from.
Speaker 3: Purina dot com the source.
Speaker 2: Look the second thing.
Speaker 1: Okay, cat chat real Okay.
Speaker 2: The first year of your cat's life is considered the equivalent of fifteen human years. Yeah, second year adds nine, so two cat years are twenty four human years. After this, each additional human year is four cat years. So age three would be twenty eight. So thirty six, yeah, thirty six, so they're thirty six. They're like they're our age now. And now she's decided to cuddle on my lap. I'm not thirty six, but might as well be. And she just like started doing it.
Speaker 1: I think the colder weather also is you know, they need me for heat sometimes, but it's.
Speaker 3: Really cut a laptop me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you sound like shit. By the way, what's wrong, I'm sick. I'm just clearing the air before I'm sick.
Speaker 2: Very what do you got? What do you say?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: I don't know, it's not it's not the big one tested tested. That's for death, big true, that's true. I like grossly overestimated the power of COVID. Yeah, it's it's I'm not dying and I don't have anything like severely wrong with me. But I did have a fever two days ago, and I broke it yesterday, and I think now I'm just like recuperating ye old voice. Also, sometimes I'm just tired, and sometimes what I think I'm gonna say in my brain comes out terribly after it's come out, I think it's happening right now.
Speaker 2: That's why you don't put things in your brain first, you just haven't come out your head. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Dan's filter is a like reverse osmosis, where he says stuff and then it goes back into his brain and then he evaluates it after it's been said a few seconds ago.
Speaker 2: That happens when I'm listening to like, somebody will say something to me and I'll go like yeah, and I won't understand what they said, and then I'll respond, and then I'll think about what they said and be like, oh, that's what they said, but I've already said yeah or laughed or something. It's kind of a problem.
Speaker 1: I hesitate to bring this up. I'm not gonna go to specifics because I do it like no, no, no, no. It involves like person like people we know, and I'm not going to say names. But Dan, you made a you Bianca and Amanda and I we went out to dinner like two weeks ago, and you said a joke that at the time you made it comparison. At the time that was like, I was like that that was pretty funny. But then like that night in bed, I was like, that was really fucking funny. I should have laughed harder.
Speaker 2: No joke you're talking about it? Yeh, very funny, you know how like you got a laugh from another friend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was. It was the end of the day. I was having I have a lull at like five pm every day, and you you know, we saw you right around then. But it's kind of like when you are laying in bed going over something embarrassing that happened that day, I like had an epiphans I should have left so much harder at that joke. Dan told me it was really I need to know it was impressive.
Speaker 2: Well can I just take the laugh now?
Speaker 1: That?
Speaker 2: Oh good?
Speaker 1: That was good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll take you. Look at all. All's forgiven. We're good. No, no, no, Hey, I'm the one who told the joke. Mary, I get to have the final verdict on this.
Speaker 3: I think that's sad for you.
Speaker 2: Then, I liked Mike's joke earlier about how Mary's voice is hoarse because she was cheering too loud in Madison Square Garden recently. I thought that was fun. That's my laugh for that one.
Speaker 1: That's the kind of joke I make before we record, right, people don't hear it, Dan Oh, I mean Vinny Vinnie hopped in the zoom and said that, Yeah.
Speaker 3: These are really funny. These are really funny jokes.
Speaker 1: I like how the butt of the joke changes every episode so far. It's been a lot to marry a Jake special yep. Although then I became about the joke and you changed Jake dot Org.
Speaker 3: Going back that because you weren't fast enough.
Speaker 1: That was a really fun joke.
Speaker 2: Jake won that round you.
Speaker 3: So Jake won that around you.
Speaker 2: Hmm.
Speaker 3: I'm not smart enough to defend myself right now because I have sick. What's the problem here is that you guys are picking on someone who doesn't have the full capacity of their brain. And I think that says more about you than it does about me, who is a victim in this situation. I am doing my best to keep up, but it takes me a little longer to retort and call you what you are. In these situations, I have to think about it, process it, and by the time I usually come up with a really nice, witty comeback, the moment has passed and I just have to be quiet.
Speaker 2: Well, the question, you know, we're typically drinking during this show, and that impairs speed and reflexes and things like that. So do you feel like sober and sick is slower than not sick? And if you drinks in.
Speaker 3: Oh not me, honey, alcohol only improves the speed in veracity.
Speaker 1: There's mouse there's like a drink count or.
Speaker 3: Like Bomber's peak for sure, what does Bomber's peak like? Notorious for engineers or like essentially coders who would drink because it improves your creativity, your flexibility, and your curiosity to a certain degree. And so people who were like programming. It's like an old comics you can look it up.
Speaker 2: But like, is this Steve Baumber thing that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the comic is depicting essentially like a bunch of programmers who are at Bomber's peak, and so it's making them really creative and really interesting and they're writing amazing code. But the problem is is that you can never maintain Bomber's peak because you drink too much and then you pass out, and so it's it's a fallacy, like you can't maintain it.
Speaker 2: Sweet spot. There is a sweet spot with like I have Bomber's peak during Astrobot speed runs where it's like, Okay, I'm like four drinks in, I'm like, you know, not getting in my head about stuff, but I'm not like sloppy, Like yeah, there's a right amount.
Speaker 3: Of the deck sterity goes up, right, Like have you ever drank when you're like taking on like a crazy bloodborne boss or something, You're just like, I'm so fluid, I'm thinking of his moves before he's making them. I'm in the motherfuckings Oh my god, I'm drunk. And then you and then you had to fall asleep at your keyboard, and you know that happened to the best of us.
Speaker 2: That's so rare with me, the falling asleep. It's happened, but on a rare occasion, like sleeping in a couch or a chair or something. I like, that's why I can't sleep on planes and stuff, is because I can't be in a seated position sleeping easily reclined. Sure, if I got like a lazy boy situation going on, that's happened more often. But like, do you ever play.
Speaker 3: On a couch like where you're like kind of it's a lounge couch situation. Like I fall asleep like that all the time, And I just got a new couch and so now it's, yeah, I'm in trouble if it's it's the couch that has half of it is a sitting couch and half of visit a legs extendo couch. You know I'm talking about, yeah leg rest situation. And if I do that, and I have usually my Steam deck and I'm playing something in there, all bets are off. At any moment, no matter where I am in a video game, I might just fall asleep and have a and I just wake up like an hour later and I'm happy and nothing bad really happened to me. There's no punishment for it usually, So yeah, I mean it's just become a natural occurrence.
Speaker 2: Ye are you not like waking up the airport or something. You're probably fine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you don't want to wake up in a lawless land. If you wake up in like, you know, Toledo on a random Tuesday, you've gone too far. But if you're in your home, you're you're safe still with your blanking on you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, have you guys seen we might may have talked. Is that Mexican Coca Cola?
Speaker 3: It is you, guys. I'm a costco homie now, Yeah, I can't help it.
Speaker 1: I can't believe it. For good prices they yet they ran like really good wines that should not be as cheap as they are.
Speaker 3: It's crazy, it's crazy what they offer. But the Mexican cokes there are like such a scam. It's such a good deal. And if I'm gonna drink soda, I'm not much of a soda person. Dan, I know you're a big soda head, so like we can maybe talk about this, but like I usually just do not drink SODA's ever, it's not in my thing. I'm a I'm a Lacroix person. I usually drink like soda water if I want something crispy, But I do not have any kind of soda almost ever in my life. But a Mexican coke at the glass bottle, it's just like it's I don't know, it's a treat. It's like somebody gave me a gift. It's a decadent dessert. It makes me feel like a million bucks. I love it. It's such a good treat.
Speaker 2: I believe it. The only thing is I just I've never bought a full normal soda since like before college or maybe early college, so it's all zero. And like, I don't think they do zero Mexican coke.
Speaker 3: I don't think they do have zero.
Speaker 2: I don't think they do no.
Speaker 3: I think there'd be something like just completely impossible about it, considering the whole point of Mexican coke is that it's made with sugar instead of corn syrup, which is like our American systems, And I don't think zero has corn syrup. I would assume it's all su gross or some kind of like fake.
Speaker 2: Oh okay.
Speaker 1: I used to know that There was a period when I was younger and I was getting tested for allergies and it turned out one of them was corn. So like we were like, all right, if it's bad, nothing, I guess corn syrup will have a little bit to do with that, So I started trying to avoid coins corn syrup in all of it, in everything.
Speaker 2: I had an allergy test this morning, my first time ever. It was what did they do?
Speaker 1: Do they do the prick?
Speaker 2: Yeah, a billion little pricks in my back and then they did I didn't know this was like a medical term, but they did still have these raised dots in my forearm. They're like, Okay, we're gonna test for food stuff by putting. It's not a shot, it's not an injection. It's just like a little blip under your skin. And they said blip like a lot to the point where I was like, is this an actual medical thing that I've never heard or because I've only heard it like, oh, a dog was like sticking his tongue out. Weird. Like, we're put like six blips under your forearm. I don't know what that means.
Speaker 3: Go it an acronym, I don't know, but.
Speaker 2: It's just like six bumps they inject like wheat and oil or whatever under your forearm and they see if it like freaks out and sprouts another arm. And it didn't do that for me, So yeah, I guess I'm fine.
Speaker 1: Why did you get the Well, first off, I hated the prot test because several of them went nuts on my back. Oh really yeah, grass went crazy like grass grew on your back. It was so bad that it like it like it got red and a huge bump and the red overtook some of the other pricks so radiated out for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no, But did you.
Speaker 1: Just get Was it like a routine thing or have you been booked? You had?
Speaker 2: It takes forever if you book something here where. I booked it back before I had my sinus surgery, just being like when I was having all those infections, I was like, that's the spring. Maybe I'm allergic to something or pollen in Minnesota or something. So I booked it and the earliest date they had was today. And in between booking it and now I like had surgery and recovery and stuff. But I was like, I'm so curious, why not I'll get the test. So but I think I'm good.
Speaker 3: It seems like it's a nice thing to do. I mean, I'm not even I don't have a lot of allergies. I'd be very curious if my body had any reactions to any items. Like I would do it just for the knowledge of like what I'm allergic to. So did you did you have any reactions to any bleps? Nothing?
Speaker 2: There's the one like control poke they do on your back to like compare the other ones to do. And this said, Oh, that one's like a histamine thing that's going to make an itch for a little bit, Like I slightly itched for a little bit. But it just it was easy. It was fine. Nothing reacted bad. Uh yeah, simple. They drew some blood to check some other stuff. But man, it's all easy.
Speaker 3: So you don't have any allergies.
Speaker 2: I'm not allergic to anything.
Speaker 3: No, why did you do it again?
Speaker 2: I was wondering about earlier because I booked it in the spring. Maybe I'm getting nine thousand, understand.
Speaker 3: I heard the story. I don't understand why.
Speaker 1: You book this is that's a bit that was me.
Speaker 3: I'm going to bed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you boked it a while ago before he had all the surgeries, and the surgeries all helped and now he feels fine, but he hadn't.
Speaker 2: Okay, I see, I'm still curious, man, I'd like to know about my body and what.
Speaker 3: You find out if it's something like allergies, before you have major surgery. So you did a little out of order, but I guess it just worked out in the end, Thank you American health Care system.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would have booked it sooner, but like it literally was like, oh, six months from now is the earliest thing. So that's great.
Speaker 3: That's so crazy. I was thinking about out and got the big one looking into a deviated septum because my nose is always stuffy, and I've heard that deviated septums are like you know, it's I mean, it is a procedure, but it's totally fixable with modern science, and it's really worth looking into. And like these things are booked out six months in advance, so if I wanted to like get my deviated septum fixed, I have to like call a doc now and book it and see me in the next year.
Speaker 2: Might as well, Like you'll book it and then forget about it, and then it'll come up for you know, and it's like, oh shit, get that done, like they did that.
Speaker 1: That's got recovery though, that the allergy thing, you just came home and you're fine. Deviate septum has quite a recovery.
Speaker 3: It's like getting a little nose job.
Speaker 1: We both got it, Dan and me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they did it with mine while they're in there doing the sinus stuff like.
Speaker 1: Two weeks, so they got these like stints up it, right.
Speaker 2: I didn't need the stens, but it still was for a while.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had the whole mind was bad, so like my whole left nostril just like didn't work my whole life. And I never really asked anybody about it, so no one knew that it wasn't working. I was like, why do we have two nostrils? I thought it was like a like a kidney situation. My mom's like, what are you talking about? I was like, why do we have two nostrils if we only breathe through one? She's like, are you congested right now? I was like no, I feel fine. She's like, are you telling me you can't breathe through one of your nostrils? I was like yes, She's like how long? I don't know, seventeen years.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize until like two years ago, and I was doing a yoga class and they were like, let's do some bread stuff and she was like, okay, so cover one nostril and out, cover the other one and out and like one of them just doesn't do that. It turns out like, yeah, I just wouldn't breathing through the right one.
Speaker 1: It helps broke out like turns out being able to breathe like symmetrically. And I was playing sports up in like fairly well up until then and then afterwards like, oh my god, I've been working like over time, like twice as hard to run the same amount.
Speaker 3: If only they could have unlocked that during your peak high school years, you could have made State Mike.
Speaker 1: Oh dude, I'd be I'd be fucking you would have been able to read.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you could have climbed mountains with both of those nose hooles opened up.
Speaker 1: I'd be the fourth Splash brother. Everything would have been different.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't be fucking like Naku in those weight chambers like heavy gravity chambers, just struggling to do setups and all you needed was that second hole.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't fucking be talking to YouTube every two weeks, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: I do wonder if that was something because I did. I just did another half marathon on Sunday, and the last one, like all my training and everything was done without the surgery, and this one was like a billion times easier for me than the first half marathon this year. But I think another big part of it, though, was it was thirty four degrees this time, and the one I did in July was eighty degrees by the end, and so like I was full on, Like when I crossed the finish line in July, I felt fucked up, Like I remember thinking like I need to sit down and just eat a bunch of cookies or something until I feel like I can, like drive this one. I crossed the finished line, grab bottle of water and like, yeah, I'm good to go, Like it's so much better when it's cold outside.
Speaker 1: How many halfs is that now?
Speaker 2: Three? And I signed up for a full marathon next year.
Speaker 1: You can start telling everybody you've run one and a half marathons.
Speaker 2: Ad, no, no, I'll be back runding good three halves and I'll do the full next year. My sister's going to train with me, so that'll be fun from a distance. Yep, yep. So she'll train in Kansas and then she'll fly up for the thing in October.
Speaker 1: How do is it the Minneapolis Marathon.
Speaker 2: Twin Cities Marathon?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: How does that? Like? I know training for that is like, Okay, one day you do two miles and then you rest, and then the next day you do six and then you rest and then you kind of work up to peaks and then you work back down and then you work up.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Am I sort of describing it?
Speaker 2: Well, I've got it on my Google calendar. It starts in May and then so like let's say, let's look at June. My long run Saturday is eight miles, then it's nine, then it goes down to six. Then he goes to eleven, then he goes to twelve. So it does kind of go up and bring it down every once in a while, but this is slowly, like the trend line's going up. So like by late July, I'm doing fifteen miles. Get into August seventeen, eight nineteen, just working a ry after that in twenty six.
Speaker 1: Do you run twenty six before the marathon at all?
Speaker 2: No, it looks like the longest I will run before is twenty on September thirteenth.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's just like not worth the injury risk after those six that extra six miles or something. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I could see it because it was three four days ago. I did this half and like my left foot is like I don't think I like broke anything or whatever, but just like I can feel like the bones in my left foot are like hurting, so I'm like icing it and stuff. So if that happens at thirteen miles, I can't imagine doing nineteen twenty pleasure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my uncle, I forget how many he's run, but he like places well sorry, not like top three. I don't think top three, but he like he takes it seriously, does it in under whatever the hour count is that like, oh you're a serious marathon run or whatever. And he was saying I was like, have you ever gotten like this random injury like two hours in or sorry, two miles in? He's like yeah. I was like what And he described some of the injuries he got at two miles and I was like that sucks to just have to end the racers like, oh, I ran the rest of the race. I just didn't run quickly. I was like, but you I forgot I wish I knew remembered what. But it was like an injury that if I was playing basketball, I would leave the court immediately. Sure, he just ran another twenty four miles or something because you're like, well I did a year for this, Like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if it's on if it's on race day and you're literally not like it's not like a bone sticking out of your leg or something like you know, you train for yeah, the better part of a year. Like I would probably run through there, Like my foot was hurting. By the end of this one. I was like, this is my last run of the year.
Speaker 3: Basically all the bones were inside and so you can't run.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would have accepted an injury if you know it was my last run.
Speaker 3: Yeah. When the doctors check you out before the run, they're always like, where are the bones, And if they're all on the inside, fucking run.
Speaker 2: If there's one poking out, they just kind of poke it back in and you know you're gonna go put a band aid over it. You're good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just periodically pussy everybody got this.
Speaker 3: Pussy's way. He's got a bone sticking out, My bone hurts me.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, fans orb is hanging out of his body. Loser, his orb is intact.
Speaker 2: He's fine, my orb was drawn. Yeah, well that's cool.
Speaker 1: That's exciting. Twenty six point two miles.
Speaker 2: Yep yep, that'll be October. I mean, we'll see I could get injured. Any number of things gonna happen, but that.
Speaker 1: Hit twenty six miles. You only have point two left, and then one of your friends flew in secretly and comes out of nowhere on a skateboard and runs into you.
Speaker 2: Tanya hurting me. Yeah, basically, that'd be a really weird thing to do.
Speaker 3: Kanya Harding did that so that she could win. Mike wouldn't even be doing it.
Speaker 1: I just can't tolerate.
Speaker 3: He would just want to take you down a peg.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he doesn't skateboard, Yeah, just a cool factor.
Speaker 2: He learns the skateboard so he can do this. It's for the content. We'll tell a story on the podcast.
Speaker 1: No, that'd be even funnier if I like put a hood over your head and then two of my henchmen pulled you backstage, and then I came out dressed like you with a wig on or a bear up your wig. I crossed the finish line, like Bank goes to hug me, like, hey, fuck, I love you.
Speaker 2: It's just that Nathan for you, where he has all the prosthetics and stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, come here, baby.
Speaker 1: Fucking watch your back that last mile, Dan, shit, Okay, that's when that's when, that's when I'll be lurking. Oh god, that really would be funny though, if, like now, if I did fly in secretly and you look off to the side and you I'm just standing there randomly at like mile nineteen, Yeah, doing.
Speaker 2: That, I agree, that'd be very funny. Yes, I'm calling your bluff. Do it.
Speaker 1: That'd be really fucking funny.
Speaker 3: My girlfriends have also been doing marathons. They've been trying to convince me to do one. There's a couple half marathons, but I really do not tend to run more than five miles ever, and I don't know if I want to run more than five miles. That's a long time. I remember the first time I run, I ran like three miles. I was like, good for you, Like go get a drink, like you're done for the day. But I've gotten more proactive with running with them, and I've found that when I run by myself, after I run about one or two miles, I'm pretty tired and would like to like take a break or chill. But if I run with friends, I can run three miles and not notice and there's like a social component or at least a mental component to running that's like just about distracting yourself with other shit going on so that you don't think about how tired you are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would, that would be when I listened to my podcast typically throughout the week, like during the training runs, and then on actual race day. There is something about just like there's adrenaline, there's a million other people doing this. It's like it's not your normal route, so there's like novelty to it. So I didn't necessarily know if I was gonna be able to do it this time, but like once you get out there race day, it's just like your brain clicks into place. It's like, all right, yeah, we're doing this.
Speaker 3: I couldn't imagine a full marathon. To give you a lot of credit, I've tinkered with the idea of doing a half, but again, I just think that there's like a sweet spot for me personally, or like five or six miles and I'm like, I'm so proud of me, and then I go home. I don't get a medal, but I feel like I accomplished a lot running five miles.
Speaker 2: But you know what the thing is, though, is that. I think the reason it's worked for me more than most any other workout is because you register so far in advance, like I've already paid for a thing a year from now, and if I am not ready for it, I've just wasted that. You know, I wasted the money. It's not refundable, you know. It's like, so I have to hit this schedule. I can't just like because if you don't have like a dedicated thing or a day on the calendar you got to prepare for at least me, I'll just be like, ah, you know, today was busy. I didn't have time to do this or whatever, like to do a reason, Yeah, you have to do it, otherwise you're fucked and you're just not gonna be able to run the marathon. So it like keeps you on track.
Speaker 3: I do like that. I feel like I could use more reasons to be committed. The best one I have is that my girlfriends want to run with me, which is such a wonderful thing. And I don't want to embarrass myself and have these girls that do run marathons, and I noticed this the last time we ran together, because they're obviously much faster and better runners. Than me because they run marathons. Was that they were running slower than they usually do. I know what their average miles are, and they were running slower miles and they didn't complain and they never brought it up because they're very nice girls. But I recognized that I was slowing them down, and so like, to me, my motivation is is if my girlfriends are inviting me out to run, I don't want to be the slow runner. So I have to like keep my shit together so that I can be invited to the cool runners club. It's all social for me, baby, Like, I don't want to be in the loser runner club. I gotta I gotta show up.
Speaker 2: That sounds fun. I've never done that, Like the like running with people thing, I don't.
Speaker 1: I It's that's not speaking of like what's for you enough for me. I can't run with other people really because I either I'm slowing down for them or I'm working harder than I want to be to like with them. I mean, once you've enough with someone, I'm sure you like get a good sense of each other's pace. But like, I hate even when I round a corner because I'm running in like a city, most of the time, so it's all on a grid for the most part until I get to the water. If I round a corner, I kind of peek around at first to make sure no one else is running on that block, because again, then I have the conundrum. It's like, do I pass them and feel like an asshole? Or do I get stuck behind them? Or yeah, do they fucking show me up?
Speaker 3: So those are strangers, and that's toxic masculinity.
Speaker 1: It's not I can be competitive and not be a toxic masscular.
Speaker 3: They're just like so excited to run together.
Speaker 1: Join I didn't say.
Speaker 3: To my limit, and I better not let this other men.
Speaker 1: Pass close on a run up behind him and kick him in the cross from behind him, then keep running, pick pocket him, sucking as he's bleeding out, take take it, steal his phone for the rest of my run, and just text all of his friends I hate you. I'm in love with your spouse n f BR three nine two k H Mary. I texted Dan and Bianca this yesterday, but I'll have you know and you'll appreciate it that, yes, Amanda and me cannot watch a sex scene in a show or a movie without her like shouting over it. I'm anna, I'm gonna fucking fill you up. Like it's like it could be the most emotional scene now and like in a drama, like we're like and it's just I know it's coming, so I'm bracing myself.
Speaker 2: Good, let me talking.
Speaker 3: I have to go because it kind of I mean, it has the potential to ruin things, but I actually think it's a beautiful thing that makes you closer, like uh uh to me and my partner. Sometimes this is just I don't know how this happened, but probably for years now, anytime a character and another character kiss, we elbow each other like schoolgirls and are like, like we always do it. So if it's steamy, if it's spicy, if it's just a kiss, it's always an elbow. Just be like shit's heating up and it's become like lore now where it doesn't matter what situation it is. If people are kissing, we have to like elbow each other. And I think it's funny and like I wonder if like years from now, you guys will be like watching the equivalent of like the next generation's Titanic and like two star cross lovers will finally, that's a different movie will finally be kissing and you will and you guys will just be like, I'm gonna shoot secret joke between you two.
Speaker 2: You know what I want. There was a website once called the Walk of Life Project, and it took that. You know, they did the Walk, the Walk that the dire straight song. Yeah, yeah, it was. They basically said that every movie could be improved by putting that over the as he goes into the credits, and so it would be like two thousand and one Space even like a Star Child and Watch of Life is playing, and it was amazing. I want to see a site like that where it's just taking the mcgoover's sex sounds and putting them over sex scenes in movies. So just like famous sex scenes or like the Terminator one where it's like Kyle Reeves and Sarah Connor and just dub over mcgoover sex. Just uh, why is that? My I was trying to think of a famous sex scene in a movie.
Speaker 3: It's like Terminator, what a famous sex scene?
Speaker 2: Hey Tommy, what sex was? So to me, it's the most famous sex scene.
Speaker 1: What does it say about me that I went straight to three hundred with Gerard Butler The beginning is very slow motion scene. Yeah, before he's going off to die.
Speaker 2: I'm got just shoot, that's that's my slow.
Speaker 1: Motion Gerard Butler.
Speaker 2: It's really good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what is what is like an emotional sex scene?
Speaker 2: What can I think of emotional sex scene? How much emotional sex have I seen in movies? Fuck, there's there's gotta be some. I don't really see a lot of romance movies. We talked about that.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: I guess mcgruper had the right idea when they took the top gun scene and fucked with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what is a non ironic nice emotional sex scene?
Speaker 3: The Titanic one where they're in the back, they're.
Speaker 2: Just paying each other naked, they don't have sex.
Speaker 3: To they do?
Speaker 1: Yeah, on the raft they Yeah, he falls off into the deep because they were trying to sixty nine on the wrapt He came.
Speaker 2: And like blew his body pack in the water and to die.
Speaker 1: And then she was too tired, just too.
Speaker 3: Satisfied, time, too tired, get off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sorry, I beat.
Speaker 1: That's why Leo's face as he falls into the depths like.
Speaker 3: He's got.
Speaker 2: On the director's cut. He keeps sinking down and you see his boner come in to frames.
Speaker 1: Now I'm curious. Let me search emotional most emotional sex scene.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't remember the banging and Titanic.
Speaker 1: There's a reddit about this.
Speaker 3: You don't remember the banging in title?
Speaker 2: I remember the painting and I remember the ship crashing. Those are the two things I remember.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: The subhead for this reddit post is something blue is the warmest color? Et Mama tambien. Okay, Now I remember that portray Lady on Fire.
Speaker 2: I'm saying it was Alexandros.
Speaker 1: Which one? Aren't there several?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 3: The only one the original I.
Speaker 2: Ever saw that. I was thinking of wild Things for a second.
Speaker 3: I was thinking of the nod that was not emotional though. Those are just really hot people.
Speaker 1: Fucking yes, aren't there several sex scenes in cruel intentions? I mean, yes, I want to Selma Blair and Ryan Philippie.
Speaker 3: Right, but there's the same girl kiss which I think is pretty hot in the pool?
Speaker 1: Oh no, that's a there's scream, isn't it? What is the who's the I think it's who kisses Naomi.
Speaker 2: Something Nev Campbell and Annis Richards and wild Things?
Speaker 1: Yes? Yes, okay, so yes, we were we already talking about that. We covered that. I never saw that movie. I just like when I was eighteen, my version of fourn was watching movie sex scenes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it's like a super famous one for anyone remotely close to thirties or forties.
Speaker 3: Ye, you fix that right.
Speaker 1: You've seen this film Wild Things?
Speaker 3: No, oh my god, we have to discuss this. Wild Things is one of the greatest films of like is it nineties of like that era? Maybe it's so fucking good. Nev Campbell kills it in the role. But you have to be really careful because there's spoiler city because it's about it's like all full of like twists and like who done it? And there's like all these neat stuff to it, so you really shouldn't look it up. But like it's really well done, especially for how hot everybody is. Everyone's so smoking hot. You'd be like, was probably not a good plot, and you're watching it because you get to see a full pair of like stunning boobies. But it's also got an incredibly good plot and really good twists, and everyone's a good actor. It's a kind of movie.
Speaker 2: I think I might have seen the pool scene. Oh my god, that's all I need. I think that was it.
Speaker 3: I think I read it continuously gets good. Matt Dylan is really good in it. Denise Richards kills it like it's it's awesome. It is like, yes, it's super horny, and you should watch the sex scenes. They're really great. But the film itself is wonderful. It's just like people are dying and there's like money floating around and everyone's like, who's killing these people for? Like what money? And there's like master minds going on, and there's a police Bill Murrian situation. It's very good.
Speaker 2: What Bill Marie it am? I thinking of the right thing? Bill Murray is like in a neck brace? Right?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I he there's there is a neck brace situation? Is it Bill Murray? I think I'm not think might be, but it's it's very well done for how hot everybody is. Like you'd think it was like a second rate movie because it's just there's too many good looking people, but.
Speaker 2: It's a cinemax like a Cinemax after dark type thing, like it had that vibe to it, but it had like it was a real movie.
Speaker 3: Yes, so I think that's absolutely worth watching in its entirety. And then you get the bonus of these really great scenes. But I'm telling you the movie itself is solid.
Speaker 2: It's a watch people like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah you okay, you both have homework? Can you watch Wild Things please?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: See, I'm interested.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is not a huge ask mic, there's.
Speaker 1: No sure Yeah, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: Do we still not know legitimately romantic, non ironic sex scene in the history of cinema?
Speaker 1: No, I see there's a few Broke Back Mountain, Lose the warmest color?
Speaker 3: Uh, I would not recommend blues the warmest colors?
Speaker 1: No, isn't that two kids like high schoolers?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And these scenes are like ten minutes long. Like I When they say these things, I think they mean things like Romeo and Juliet, where there's like people like making out in a pool and it's hot like blues. The warmest color is as close as you absolutely can get to it just being like porn with like a slight plot.
Speaker 1: Oh well, yeah, I was saying, like I'm famous ones.
Speaker 2: Wait, Top Gun Maverick was there one with the Tom Cruise and Jennifer Connelly, didn't they like, Yeah, I remember that lady.
Speaker 1: The first time the song came on.
Speaker 2: Oh maybe I thought I remember there being a yeah, okay, oh.
Speaker 3: I was, uh, Witches of east Wick. Have you guys seen that? It's a classic.
Speaker 2: It's older Susan Sarandon, right, it.
Speaker 3: Was, yes, yeah, and share hello, and it's really really good. But I couldn't remember exactly what it was called. And I was just like, what's it called, like Witches of like Breastwick or whatever. And it turns out that there is a Witches of Breastwick because they made a porno nice based on Witches of east Wick and they called it Witches of Breastwick.
Speaker 2: Boy, that sounds like a real first draft, like we'll call it, which was a Breastwick, or we'll call it until we come up with real title. It's like that, which is they just.
Speaker 3: Did it made it all the way into the final. Jack Nicholson is in Witches of Eastwick. Yes, it's great. It's three witches who are all like, they don't actually know they're witches, and they're sick of men, but they love men and they're drinking and they're all concocting who they think is the perfect man. And then it's Jack Nicholson and he comes into town and he starts seducing them all and he starts like getting with all three of them?
Speaker 2: Is Jack Nicholson like an is he like a desirable man?
Speaker 3: So I think what's interesting about this film and Jack Nicholson in general, is like Jack Nicholson can play like an absolute psychopath and he can also play a very charming and charismatic person. And this role contained both of them. When they're describing in the Witches of Eastwick, when they're like, should he be handsome? And the girls are like, he should be, but not too handsome. It should be like, in a funny way, chrisma with them, And I mean Jack Nicholson has that in droves, like he's so charismatic you can't take your eyes off of him, and the way he portrays this character, who I believe like, although it's probably up for debate, very like essentially like demonic character. The more Jack Nicholson plays him, the more you're like, oh, this guy's like a fucking psychopath. But you also still can't take your eyes off of him, because he's really charismatic and enjoyable to look at. But he's just a freak of nature.
Speaker 2: He just never plays the like I'm just a everyman, good old boy like he is always like some sort of like shining or Cuhoo's nest, like, you know, he's still kind of a wild man like because he's so good at that. I can't picture him just being like an everyman character.
Speaker 1: He's got He's got the Easy Rider, five easy pieces Chinatown era, I think Chinatown when I have been before those. Have you guys seen an easy Rider?
Speaker 2: I have to really good movie, all those movies.
Speaker 1: Just looking through these sex scenes on this time out list.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Mike was so quiet recently, and I think he's been looking at best sex scenes of all time porn.
Speaker 2: Oh I saw that, but I don't remember.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, ship, that isn't that? This is the bad one? This is the last tango in Paris? Why is that on? This isn't that when she came out saying that she was not comfortable during that.
Speaker 2: Whole Oh I heard about that. Yeah, Brandon fight Club. Oh the weird like uh Matrix cam Helena Bonham Carter or sex that's just like a shot, that's just like a quick like like matrix rotator around her thing.
Speaker 1: Monsters ball with Thornton, I know the sex scene similar thing.
Speaker 3: Well, Dan can describe this matrix shot.
Speaker 2: A lot.
Speaker 3: You have that like embedded in your brain.
Speaker 2: And that's not even a horny thing for me. That's just I saw Fight Club a lot as a teenager. I can tell you, like any scene in that.
Speaker 3: Comes the matrix shot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Brown, Yeah, totally. Man, I haven't seen any of these fucking movies. Oh, Team America that had a good one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that one's a joke. That's not Sincere.
Speaker 2: It's on this list.
Speaker 3: It's on this list, then it's a bad list. It should be Sincere.
Speaker 2: This is best sex scenes of all time I'm looking at.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that's like a joke. Okay, Like good ones are like Pretty Woman.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you guys are well they bang in it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys.
Speaker 3: The only time you guys can each think of sex scenes is when the matrix camera has like really shot up their pussy or like some kind of action sequence has occurred right after it.
Speaker 2: What I thought about but didn't say when I was trying to think of movie sex scenes. There's the part where uh Nicholas Cage and his girlfriend on the roof when he before he gets called to Alcatraz and they're about to do it on the roof and he gets a call from the FBI being like we needed to go to Alcatraz, and he's like, thresting, this is not happening, Like I remember that, Yeah, I remember romantic sex there the ones that matter? Yeah, or like three minutes of screen times is cage thrusting into her.
Speaker 3: Well, here's the thing, Like these are They're probably made for different people. When you're googling something like best romantic sex scenes from the nineties or whatever, these are probably going to be more targeted towards like my demographics. I understand why you probably haven't watched them. But the great equalizer is Wild Things because it's genuinely good and it has really hot sex scenes. It's it's the perfect blend of both of our worlds. It's got something for everyone. I swear to God, I cannot not like.
Speaker 2: I believe it. I believe it from the you know, three minutes I've seen of that movie. I could see it.
Speaker 1: I've seen that same three minutes many times.
Speaker 2: The best part that's always on TV. When I was a kid trying to turn it on.
Speaker 3: You know, I was rewinding it and playing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh it's this many minutes in Okay, it's hearing at one o'clock on HBO. Guess I'm watching that scrambled late at night. I'll tune in right, I'll cut away from Conan right now, and there we go, and then I'll be done and out of breath and back to Conan, Back to Conan.
Speaker 1: Okay, just reading these lists of like best secon scenes of all time, do you ever get like overwhelmed by how many fucking movies have been made? Like what percentage? In a good way, but like what percentage of movies do you think you've seen? I'm curious I have ever been made and published? Like you're like released.
Speaker 3: We'll say it again, how many what.
Speaker 1: Percentage of like the movies ever made do you think you've personally seen?
Speaker 2: Well, I've seen one three hundred and nineteen movies according to my letterbox. That's so much. I'm not saying, oh, there's a lot more than that, for sure, Yeah.
Speaker 1: But I'm saying, what, I wonder how you even find that step? But just watching just reading through this list of like best sex scenes, Like god, there are so many movies I have not seen and probably never will.
Speaker 2: But there's also you have to like, are we saying, like theatrically released, because like, you know, it's like how many games came out this year if you count every Steam in the every you know, two dollars thing on Steam or whatever, everything.
Speaker 1: I ever made. But like still I think if you go to like the Criterion Collection or the Criterion Channel, I was like, oh my god, I've seen like they're like film buffs are very impressive to me because I've I have not seen a high percentage movie. I've seen a lot of movies in my life, but not you know, not nearly as much as I could have if I focus more on it.
Speaker 2: Well, according to a Reddit thread, which is I don't know if that's better or worse than Google AI, as of twenty sixteen or twenty seventeen, Hollywood is releasing around seven hundred films a.
Speaker 1: Year for how long though, But yeah, that's.
Speaker 2: But like thirties. I don't know when film started, but.
Speaker 1: A lot of the movies on this list probably I wonder what, like what they define as Hollywood because yeah, to your point, there's a lot of I think acute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you don't count like direct the DVD like Aladdin tow stuff.
Speaker 1: I'm counting that there's like a lot of like indie gems that people like Chris Plant always tells me about. I'm like, Chris, I'm not going to watch this, but but.
Speaker 2: Nowadays it's like the streaming stuff too, is like oh okay. Like Palm Springs is definitely a your last movie, even though I went straight to Hulu during the pandemic. Yeah, yeah, it's muddy. I guess we'll never know.
Speaker 1: One day we'll know. I guess we'll never know.
Speaker 2: I've seen thirteen hundred and nineteen. I'm so picky with my fives. I'm very proud of it. I saw cool movie. Can I uh, probably less than maybe around twenty I would say. I want to give a suggestion here. Sorcerer. Have you heard of this movie?
Speaker 1: Yes? Why? Why is that?
Speaker 2: I actually heard about it? Mary? At your get together in Portland a good friend of yours that was there. Chris was telling us about his favorite movie and he said it was Sorcerer and it's a tangerin dream does the soundtrack that did the GGA five soundtrack that had heat, They did a thief of James Cohn, so awesome, awesome soundtrack. But it stars Roy Scheider, the chief from Jaws and it's basically it's almost like dest stranding. It's like it definitely seems like something Kajima would have seen.
Speaker 3: It's like nineteen seventy seven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's like it's such a cool concept bank and I had never seen anything like this. It's like four dudes from different spots in the world all and I'm not going to spoil anything. They all just gonna get into shit where they need to like skip town. So like one of the guys was like a terrorist, one of the guys was in the mob and they'd gotten some shit. One of the guys got into a shaded business thing, need to skip Europe and stuff. They all wind up in the same like South American village and they're all just kind of like trying to lay low off the grid and just going to the shitty bar and stay low. And all of a sudden there's a problem at like an oil facility or whatever, and they need these palettes of extremely volatile dynamite delivered two hundred miles.
Speaker 1: Oh, this is the truck on the bridge.
Speaker 2: Yes, And it's like a suicide mission where it's like, okay, we need good drivers too, and so like Roy Schider plays like a former mob driver, and he has to drive this like dynamite that's been leaking and will blow the fuck up if there's like you hit a rock and he has to drive it two hundred miles. So it's just a lot of like four dudes trying not to kill each other and kill themselves like very precariously transporting dynamite across South America. It is. It is so tense and cool, and the soundtracks awesome. I fucking loved it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've I think I've seen that truck scene come up on like most tense movie scenes ever, oh many times. That's why I recognized the name. I want to watch this sounds cool.
Speaker 2: I like huge recommendation for it.
Speaker 1: Have you seen Jaws? There's like a bit. Yeah, there's a shark and it's it sneaks onto the beach and dances some the middle of the day. Yeah, oh wow, Yeah, I want to Sorcerer.
Speaker 2: Okay, I've given forty two five stars, so out of my thirteen hundred plus reviews, I've given thirty six five.
Speaker 3: Staries and you gave a five star to Sorcerer poor.
Speaker 2: And a half.
Speaker 1: What's your most recent five How.
Speaker 3: Dare you recommend something you didn't give five stars too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it's good.
Speaker 1: Most recently released, most recent that you rated that you saw.
Speaker 2: Oh is there?
Speaker 1: It doesn't show chronologically.
Speaker 2: Sort by win rated, yes, newest first when no, uh oh, I guess I went back and uh okay. The last three were once I rewatched recently, The Wrestler, Alien and Annihilation. Those three I rewatched in the last year, and it's like, yeah, those are five star movies. I like, yeah, And before that was Rambo, Last Blood and Grimlins two.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 3: A yes, Grimlins two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look, Grimlins two is a five star movie.
Speaker 1: I've seen it.
Speaker 5: The sex scene, actually, the last scene in the movie is the lady Grimlin kissing on the dude and then like looks at the camera with like lips to cons all fucked up looking, and then like I think it might heart fade into the credits or something like that.
Speaker 2: So it's implied that the Gremlin lady had sex with that Henchman guy. Five stars.
Speaker 1: Cool. Cool, you guys want to talk about video games? Oh?
Speaker 2: Sure, yeah, Mike and Mary. I joined First Leave to enjoy some fantastic personal line just for me, but now it's become my secret weapon for the holiday season, from hosting to attending parties, I always have great wines on hand to share with friends and family.
Speaker 1: Plus, we're coming up on Thanksgiving, We're coming up on the holiday season in general, so it's a good time to get some Saint Audette Nui Pino noir from France. Pino noir is always a great Thanksgiving wine. I myself love Boujelai. There's Cabernet Salvignon from Chile. There's Caberne Salvinill from California. There's Zinfandels, there's Chardonnays, there's Rose's Mary. Tell people how they can get in on this before Thanksgiving and the holidays hit.
Speaker 3: You can bring a great bottle to your next gathering with first Leaf. Go to try first leaf dot com slash fire Escape to sign up and you'll get your first six hand pick bottles for just forty four ninety five. That's t R y F I R S T L E A F dot com slash fire Escape. Try first leaf dot com slash Fire.
Speaker 1: Escape here like there's a lot of background noise.
Speaker 2: That was a part Oh okay, put that was not That was a crash.
Speaker 3: It looks it sounded like a dog had run into a box.
Speaker 2: No, I see the waveform on that part that was I trust me, it was a part. I felt it.
Speaker 3: I mean, I almost want to replay it because I have to just say, it's incredible to me that your farts can sound like an animal rustling in Christmas packages under a tree.
Speaker 1: Or calling through a china shop.
Speaker 2: I think the problem is we talked about Costco earlier. I bought a giant bag of candy as backup candy bag because I want to be the full sized candy bar house. So I bought thirty full sized candy bars and then if there are more, I've got the backup. But I have eaten almost all of this bag of the backup candy in the last it's like, ooh, Halloween's coming up. I'll throw out the bag after Halloween. But after every fucking meal, three meals a day, I'm taking so many fucking Skittles and Twizzlers and Nerds and arrowheads and Life Savers gummies, and I'm just eating like a thousand calories of candy a day. So that's what's going on with the part.
Speaker 1: After three each meal, like after breakfast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like a lot of skittles after.
Speaker 1: Break it's your breakfast, just skittles.
Speaker 2: No, I'll do I'll do the healthy thing. You know, it's cool. I had some oatmeal or avocado toast and then skittletown.
Speaker 3: If you think you smelled your fart, do you think you could taste the rainbow smell?
Speaker 2: No, it just smelled like a fart. It's still lingering in here, so so you can tell ye it is not. No, it's Mary farts in here right now.
Speaker 1: Mary, when you got up to when we got up to take the break, right before damn left, I was like, wait a minute, William Freakin directed Sorcerer, why not just lead off with that? That would have had me right away? Forgot that part some of the best ones ever. But anyway, Mary, you've played Zelda now, the Legend of Zelda Echoes of Wisdom.
Speaker 3: Yes, I finally uh got my hands on it. I've been delayed, but we are in Gody season, so I've really tried to kick it up and make sure that I am up to date with the latest that everybody else is playing. And I I don't know how far I maybe you guys can help me, but I mean I have to be like eight or nine hours into it now.
Speaker 2: I mean, I full on dungeons have you done?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I think it's a little confusing to know what a dungeon is. Is it when you're in the cloud.
Speaker 2: World if you got to, well, you do the cloud thing to like get into it. But like if there was a big key in it in a boss fight.
Speaker 3: I think I've done two big keys, okay.
Speaker 2: Has the map kind of opened up after that? Like you did the day with the like, oh, this aura is playing their flutes and then you died the desert stuff.
Speaker 3: I've done the desert stuff and I've done the water stuff.
Speaker 2: Okay. I think it's right after those two that I started liking it. Like I liked it at the beginning, I started really liking it after those two because those two in particular are really talky and stuff. There's just a lot of like they're so talky. Yeah, I was surprised. It's a lot for a Zelda game.
Speaker 3: I appreciate you saying that to me because I've like skimmed a couple of reviews and I've played it and so far, although I would not say I dislike it, it's still Zelda. I mean it's very fun and it's interesting. I would say it's one of the weaker Zeldas that I've ever played for a couple of reasons. So far so far, right, and I have more time to go with it. But here's like a couple of my issues. One very talky. I just want to play, dude, like, leave me alone. I don't understand why everybody wants to tell me their life fucking story. Two, I felt a couple times that I was punished for investigating areas early. And I'll give you an example. In this game, I find it fairly linear, despite the fact that it is an open map, right, but they've closed a lot of spaces off because of the purple cloud shards.
Speaker 1: Or something rifts yeah maybe, yeah.
Speaker 3: The yasma whatever, you know, and it makes it pretty limited where you can investigate. And in the water area, I started just scoping around in the water because I thought it would be fun. And I found this cave and I was like, that's so cool. I found an underwater cave and I went through this system and I got a little uh treasure coat, you know box, and it gave me fifty rupees And it wasn't that exac I didn't getn item or anything. But I was like, oh, well, I got some money and I investigated this little cave and then I started doing the main story. And then later on in the main story, they were like, my son's stuck in a cave, and it took me to the same cave system I had already discovered and investigated and enjoyed, but now there was a kid in it, and I had to redo the exact same cave system it already had. My my treasure was already opened because I had already discovered this space it, enjoyed it, and I just had to They literally made me redo the exact same puzzles so that I could free the child who was stuck in the cave systems. And I thought to myself, you know, if you're gonna punish me, I don't know if it's a punishment, but like, if you're just gonna make me redo this because I didn't do it in order that the game wanted me to do it, why did you let me do it?
Speaker 2: This is really annoying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't let me do it and have.
Speaker 2: Something block it off until a story event happens.
Speaker 1: Or something, or if like in Tears the Kingdom I feel like if it was a open world Zelda, you would have come across that kid first, and then you you what, he would have been like, oh, thanks, you helped me out, and then he would go back to the village and then it would adapt. So she's like, hey, I heard you got my son out, Thank you or whatever.
Speaker 3: One hundred percent thank you. That's exactly what I was hoping for. It's like, if I had discovered it out of order, an open world game should have accounted for that and then told the person my son told me, you got me out, you got him out, so we can skip this part of the story. Like there was just something about it that was like, it's open world, but if you do that cave system before we want you to do it, we're gonna make you fucking do it again because we're not ready for you to do it yet. And it's just like, well, then it's not open world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's I totally get what you're saying. Like, if a game is open world like that, that was part of my big argument about Red Dead two is like big open world Rockstar game, but then like, oh, I veered from the path for two seconds and the like failed my mission it's like, well, don't fucking sell me on this big world.
Speaker 1: And so seldom in Red Dead two, I won't have happen enough to me. I've got another bonu pick with you tonight, so I'm just getting warmed up. I wonder I like, uh, echoes wisdom a plot, but there are I talked about this last episode. It does feel like one of the messier Zelda's I've played, even considering like Breath of the Wild and Tiers of Kingdom's frame rate issues. This like, I actually, so, I think I've done three three more dungeons since last we spokes a five total, so you're near the end. I've got another like three, I think three dungeons. I think there's six after you do the two initial ones. Six after wow, yeah, maybe three or four after two? Like look at yeah, it looks like there's room for three more. Maybe I've only done two.
Speaker 3: There's like six items and I only have like one of them. So there's so many thingies I still need to get from.
Speaker 2: There's some weird things that you get only if you do this particular thing and you'll occasionally use It's. Yeah, it's messy in a few different ways. Like you know, there's there's frame rate, you brought that up. There's things where it's like, yeah, it's open, but because you can break stuff, you can also get to step out of order. Like from what I'm hearing here, I think we're all roughly on the same page of this game. Where's I think we appreciate what it's doing. We generally like it, but like there are things that annoy us about it to the point where it's like, I do wonder if this will place on the top ten for us?
Speaker 3: You know, yeah, I think it's it's it's I have issues with it, you know, and I am enjoying it, and I do want to say, like what I'm worried is that we're holding it to this really high caliber. Because it's Zelda, I just expect it to be so fucking perfect. I was shocked that in the first boss fight, I was like, am I just supposed to throw tables at it? And like, I think a lot of people probably had this like weird reaction of like what am I supposed to do in this boss fight? But usually in Zelda's they're just so clean about guiding you and coddling you of what you should be focused on. During every boss fight, even if it is very open and you can do it however the fuck you want. In Tears of the Kingdom, they were always like, so we're teaching you this very specific skill. The entire dungeon and the boss fight will also use this skill.
Speaker 2: It's all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But in the first boss in this game, you're just stuck with this boss and you can only make like three things, and so I just kept throwing tables at it until it died.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, the first one was very much just you gotta warp transform into Link and hit his weak spot like.
Speaker 3: That was why I could not do that. I threw tables at that bitch for like ten minutes.
Speaker 2: Styles.
Speaker 1: That's one thing like this, even if you're probably very right, Like if it wasn't a Zelda game, I I wonder if I even would have played it, because I like this game a lot of its ideas more than I like the execution. The so many of the echoes, like the ones that attack things, their pathing is just awful and they miss. And I realized that there are things that are going to be better at The sharks are gonna be One of the better things. Is someone in water This far in the some of the birds are just better at taking out other birds. But like, this game does feel like a collection of really cool ideas that it's a bit rough around the edges, and I'm still really enjoying. I think it's in my personal top ten of the year, but probably it's very low. It's just I don't know. I also it just like even I tried doing what you and Grubb said, Dan and opening the grid to pick an item, even then, I was like, I still preferred the just use my go back to the on the dpad for the most recent ones because more often than I was using a recent one.
Speaker 2: But like water always there. Yeah, and I don't.
Speaker 1: Know what the solve would be for that. Maybe a series of rings that you get like Dishonored two style, like a weapon that you go through.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's just so many and there's a lot.
Speaker 2: Oh and it gets worse. I bet it does, because I'm.
Speaker 3: Very early and I'm like, I have so much shit. I don't understand why they let you duplicate so many items. I can see the creativity, but it's also like you're confusing me, like.
Speaker 2: Two kinds of rocks and then yeah, just so.
Speaker 3: Many types of enemies, and now they've added like enemies with uh with metal and stuff and statues, and it's like if these are for puzzles and I'm never gonna need them again, You're just adding these to my very full repertoire, and I'm like a little overwhelmed with choice.
Speaker 2: It's like the resident Evil thing where it's like you use a key. I love it when it's like, hey, you don't need this any more? Do you want to throw it away? It's like, oh, thanks for telling me that game.
Speaker 1: There's I also in a bigger sense, and this might be unfair, and tell me if it is the fact that you have this ability to become the character that we were so excited that for once we were like getting away from and you use it to do damage. It's like, why wouldn't I warp into link if I'm getting frustrated because these birds won't be hitten and like the Eater. By the time you get to like the fourth dungeon, the meter is pretty generous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like I was like, hop out kind It's like it Zelda's game, but you can be like if you want to do real damage.
Speaker 1: Want to actually do damage, and like, yeah, I'm I'm I'm definitely meeting the game halfway to do the creative stuff, and I appreciate for what it's doing, but like, this feels like a not a first draft. That's very unfair, Like I don't know this, this feels like it needed a few more edit pass.
Speaker 3: I agree with you. It feels like a hack week concept. And then someone was like, I'm making a real game and.
Speaker 1: Say that it but it's still I still think this is a good game. It's just this is It's like it gets really frustrating sometimes. But yeah, I really like when I saw that you could transform into link with like the robe, I was like, or the sword. Sorry, I was like I didn't want like I was.
Speaker 2: It was go all the way in if you commit to the bit and if you're gonna do it. Yeah, It's funny the the weight that a series name will will carry into a new game, Like you know, we're all talking about like your expectations of Zelda going in. It's got the name on it. And I remember Spirit Tracks came out for the s and we gave it an eight a Game Informer, and I remember at the Game of the Year meetings that year when we're trying to whittle our list down. Spear tracks came up and like all of us were shitting on it. We're all we're all just sitting in the meeting and just being like, oh man, it's like there's no real overworld. You're just in these fucking train tracks. It sucks. It sucks. And I think Andy McNamara or someone was like, well, we gave it an eight. It sounds like everyone hates it, and Matt Helgeson was like, yeah, but at Zelda, so I think it was kind of it was a gentleman's eight. It was Zelda. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And to be clear, like when Breath of the Wild kind of came out and did something, you know, big and bold, I was all for it. And like I remember during the Game of the Year at GameSpot that got heated because the only argument people could make against Breath of the Wild aside from the frame rate issues, was but it's not a Zelda game.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, oh, shut up, yeah, And.
Speaker 1: I was like and then again, like the more we talked about, the more like we wrote. Oli Welsh wrote a really good up at on Polygon when I was there, like this is the closest any Zelda game. This is basically they took the idea of the very first Zelda game but made it in twenty twenty seventeen. So like in the middle of the map, Yeah, I have fun, so like in essence, it's the most Zelda ass game ever made. But again I was like the first one to fire back. I'm like, I want Zelda to evolve, and I think, you know, like when it plays with this structure that we understand as Zelda. Like Mary you mentioned, like my favorite Zelda games are still I mean, Bretha Woldteers the King am I almost to my maybe counter to my point, I almost don't count them among my Like I'm talking when I say my favorite zeld the game is my favorite traditional ones like Akarina Majora, like the sixty four era or I don't know, I really like Link between Worlds. But I'm all for them for it evolving. But uh, and I'm very glad I was a wisdom is even a thing and that it's such a full fledged Zelda game. But yeah, got it. The more I play it, the more I'm simultaneously impressed and frustrated because of the rough edges.
Speaker 2: It's flawed for sure. Yeah, No, I don't think.
Speaker 1: I'll forget it anytime soon, which is more than I can for some like really tight, boring games.
Speaker 2: We were you know, we will need to figure out what we're talking about, game of the year and stuff. Here. We're kind of talking a little bit off mic about the homework assignments we want to give each other because literally the next episode is our game of your episode just insane to think about. So we made a little doc here of like, okay, games that we think everyone else should play beforehand, because we're going to talk about it quite a bit. My two U we'll talk about more in a bed Echo Point Nova and UFO fifty. Do you guys have any off the top of your heads?
Speaker 3: Oh, off the top of our heads. We also have to have maxes for games that we should all play because I think I think while you can obviously put, I'm just gonna say this while I buy time for us to think about our games. But it's like, while we could all say like, well you better uh put, Oh my god, I can't even think of any right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like two two two seems fair if you.
Speaker 3: Like is it two? Is it five? Like I'm not going to play ten, like you're definitely gonna ru fifty.
Speaker 1: Fifty UFO fifties already.
Speaker 3: I ain't gonna play all of them. You better tell me your favorite.
Speaker 1: Nova was not on my list.
Speaker 2: I will talk about that in the bid here. Did did you both play Prince of Persia the Last Crown? Yepkay?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah we raved about that the beginning.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we played about Prince of Persia. I think that's fair cro country on there. To be honest with you, I think that's yeah. That's going to be for.
Speaker 1: Those too that that I want to play. Just out of my own excitement.
Speaker 3: I'll put it on there because I didn't think you guys would play it, which is why it's probably worth That's.
Speaker 2: What this is for. This is for the homework.
Speaker 1: Going to say, Marry, we've been playing survival horror games together. Literally the series inspired this game.
Speaker 3: But where have you been?
Speaker 2: What are we doing?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: Well, we'll need to play Rise the Golden Idol. Yeah, it's coming out between now and the end of the year. I gotta play the last one under the Wire. I think Dragon.
Speaker 1: Dragon I need to play. Sorry, I'm glad to see that's the kind of attitude. I got a bone to pick with you about a certain game that you want to Wow.
Speaker 2: Okay, I know where we're going here. Okay, Okay.
Speaker 1: I sat down to Metaphor Refensasio and I was like, okay, so I'll play and then maybe tonight I'll get to that part that Dan mentioned that pushed him away, because I'm sure it's really far into the game.
Speaker 2: It wasn't just that part.
Speaker 1: But you said, how long did you play that game?
Speaker 2: Twelve minutes?
Speaker 1: Twelve minutes? Do you sincerely think that that's giving a game a chance? No?
Speaker 3: Why did you?
Speaker 1: Why did you? Like? You had this preamble about how noble you were for giving a game of chance and meeting it halfway? That was not a bit. Maybe in retrospect you're painting it as a bit. You were being serious. You thought that was like being all like high and mighty and being like.
Speaker 2: Okay, I was because I was open to a personal growth moment. Am I giving this game a shot? I'm growing? No, I'm not giving myself any credit because I lasted twelve minutes for the fuck this shit like, So that's not personal growth. That's me doing everything I've always done so now all as a person there, Okay, at.
Speaker 1: Least you acknowledge that.
Speaker 2: Now that we're for twelve minutes, I was a big man, last big man.
Speaker 1: It's longer than I.
Speaker 2: My anime game about Mike Kings and Magic. Yeah, it's it's I'm sure it's a really good game.
Speaker 1: Oh man, I'm digging that game a lot. And that's and that's I'm not going to give that to anybody like I think Jake and I are the only ones. Jake's put way more time into it. I can't give you that. It's one hundred and twenty hours. If you finish it, that's not happening. Like, I'm not asking to play it, but for it.
Speaker 2: I'll quit the podcast if you put that on this dog.
Speaker 1: For what it's worth, that game.
Speaker 3: You have the ability to do the funniest thing right.
Speaker 2: Now in the call. All right, you're right, it would be funny.
Speaker 3: I consider it with my bits fire Escape is canceled and the funniest bit Dan has ever done.
Speaker 2: It would be really good. Mike, tell us about your your Magic game.
Speaker 1: I'm fifteen hours in, so not that far. I finished the first Palace you've done.
Speaker 2: What have you?
Speaker 1: I'm using Palace because that was persona no inenclature. But God, for as much as that game annoys me, it also impresses the hell out of me. Like similar to Persona five and four, those are the only two I've played very slow start I Also, it's not just I'm fine with the game being talky as long as it's done well, and much of this game has actually done surprise like the Overwooking story I really like. But so many times the game says eight things when it could just say one. And also just as often it's almost like they're recapping every single scene right after it happens. That kind of writing annoys me. When this game gets out of its own way, similar to Persona five, when it's talkie and you know, a meaningful way to like ramp up drama on the way to your next big mission, then it's super fun. The momentum gets going. Possibly one of my favorite RPG combat systems ever. Octopath Traveler two was the most recent one, or Octopath Traveler one and two where I was like, oh my god, this is incredible. I thought Persona five's combat was fine. It wasn't, you know, it wasn't super building on the earlier on four at least again that's the only other one I've played in huge ways, but metaphors Combat is one of those things where the more I play it, the more I enjoy it, which in a genre I think many people associate with grinding, which you can do here. I think that's pretty impressive using weaknesses to basically chain chain a series of attacks, as opposed to Persona five, where you use an enemy's weakness and it stuns them. The objective there was to stun all them once, so then you could use these group of attacks.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: The weakness does a little bit more damage to the enemy, but it only costs you half a turn. So then if you have three characters, that means you have three turns. If you hit an enemy with a weakness every time, or get a critical, and there's a few other criteria, you can actually double that turn count. As a few people have told me, you can actually start to do more with that throughout the game. But I'm just finished the first palace. I love the character designed so far. Some of the characters are more just more compelling than others. I'm looking forward to building up my party much more like you do in Persona. You unlock these new people, but I also really like the flexibility. I think I've said this before on fire Escape, but I'm not a respec person in games. It makes me like, do.
Speaker 2: I appreciate your cheating?
Speaker 1: It's it to me. It's like I have spent the last like twenty five hours getting into the muscle memory and like building out this character. Like Dieblo Forore, it's just as easy. You can refund all your skills. I appreciate the option, but like it's almost overwhelming to think. It's like, it took me this long to really feel comfortable with this character. I don't know if I could just start from scratch and also have to learn like eight things at once. Metaphor is one of those games that it's actually doing a great job of encouraging me to switch out their archetypes. Those are just their They're like persone that come in and do their elemental attacks and their magical attacks. They're healing their buffs, that anything that's not just using their sword to hit the enemy in the face. You can swap them pretty much at will. At a certain point, you also start unlocking new slots to inherit them skills from other archetypes. So then let's say you could be the healer, but you can also inherit skills from the brawler. It was like a job system, yeah, basically, and there's really no penalty for switching at any point, aside from the fact that you just won't be progressing through that archtype skills. The boss fights are generally really well designed. I've only done like two major boss fights, have done some other like mini bosses that are just kind of it's more about the spectacle. And then lastly, the world building is just unlike anything I've seen before. I mean, yeah, it's a lot of like fantasy, medieval florid bullshit. But anytime I'm like, okay, I've seen enough of this in video games. Then all of a sudden, like the depot, the dead king will then rise up out of the castle as this floating upside down volcano with a lava face, and he'll tell everybody that he's like he's instituting this contest for the next king. And then all of a sudden you find out that humans are like the monsters in this world. So you fight humans.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's crazy, we're the walking dead.
Speaker 1: Yeah we're the monsters, but they're actually monsters.
Speaker 3: So like an enemys, we're actually the people the whole time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it'll be it'll be like a giant bird's egg with a human face sticking out of it, and then there's a spear through the length of the egg, so it looks like your dick. But then he's got like fishnet stocking legs. It just sounds like a really sexy mister potato head, I know. But yeah, the enemy design has definitely got that Atlas trademark at weird Atlas vibe.
Speaker 2: To it all.
Speaker 1: Again, I'm not trying to sell you too. It especial because it's a hundred twenty hours, but I'm liking it a lot so far. And you know, Jake has told me that the combat keeps getting better, which I'm excited about because anytime I feel like I've really wrapped my head around everything, it does introduced things at a good clip. So I'm gonna keep playing see if the impressive moments outweigh the frustrating moments, which again, so many times I'm like, all right, done with I I appreciate talking, but you just said the same thing four times in a row, and I just want to I'm trying to ask through the thought bubbles or the dialogue bubbles, et cetera. So yeah, we'll see, we're gona keep playing it. Okay, cool Dan? What is Echo Point Nova? Did I say that correctly?
Speaker 2: Echo Point Nova? This? Have either of you heard of this?
Speaker 3: No? I'm shocked. I looked it up because I hadn't heard of it, and it's so odd to me that this has never come up before. I don't even how did you find this? This is a first person A couple.
Speaker 2: Of people specifically brought it up to me as sounding like a Dan ass Dan game. I think Bonk and Grub both were like, have you heard of this game? You should check this out, and they were right. It is super open world, just a bunch of sky islands, and instantly you were just like dropped in no fucking story.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And it's just like you're getting weapons, you're getting abilities, like okay, you're here's your double jump. Now you got a grappling hook and you can grapple clouds. You can just like swing around these sky islands by grabbing clouds. You can grapple enemies and go to them. You have a hoverboard, so your sprint button basically at any point whipped out like a hoverboard and you're like just wall sliding, sliding up these islands, just going crazy. It is. There's agility orbs like crackdown. So there's all sorts of like, okay, you got this next ugility thing. You now have a quadruple jump, and now you've got this butt stump that makes this explosion happen. And it's just a bunch of like platforming around these islands. And then there's a combat arenas on the islands where it's like, okay, press this button to start the arena and here's twenty four dudes and you're just hoverboarding around, slowing down time, grappling to people, fucking running into them with a hoverboard and sending them flying off an island. It is like weird physics and stuff. It is the most dewey ass game you could ever imagine. It all feels so good, almost like JANKI in a good way where it's like I should not be able to be vertically hoverboarding up this island while shooting a bunch of dudes to it. It is. It is. So we did a co op stream on Giant Bomb and it was a blast. It was like I was loving it. Solo and then we got four of us in there, and it's just four of us hoverboarding around, just doing crazy flips and killing everyone. It is. It is a game made for me, and I think I think both of you could appreciate equip it actively and make for a pretty good page run video.
Speaker 1: The Steam like, uh, the Steam trailer just video gameplay is mesmerizing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just super fast paced. It is, but you feel like you have set.
Speaker 3: A part of it doesn't seem like it. There's no, it's not like a speed runny game, but it has a visual style that it's like a speed run game, but it's not.
Speaker 2: No, it's not like titan Fall meets like a your foot game. It's kind of got that look to it where it's like it looks like it should be a speed run thing, Mary, but it's like you can take your time, and like there's parts if you don't activate, like a combat encounter, you could really just spend as long as you want exploring, like opening up the map and getting agility orbs, and like it's very generous with spawn points and stuff. Basically anytime you're on solid ground, it's just like okay, you can spawn here, you can fast travel here. It's like there's no barrier to having fun here. You're just hopping in immediately immediately getting all these abilities fast travels, easy deaths, are quick respawns. Uh. You know, all all the weapons level up individually just by using them, so like, oh, I'm using this grenade launcher a lot. Oh now the explosion has a bigger radius. Oh, now I've got these HG rounds for it. You unlock skins like unlockables for all the different weapons. Grenade's on a cool down, so it's not a lot of like collecting stuff. It is a Oh man, it is a game made for me. It is fantastic. So it went from me not knowing what it was to very quickly into my time with it being like, oh, this is going to be on my top ten for sure. This is awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was seeing a quote that it looks like titan or it plays like Titan Fall meets Doom meets Tony Hawk.
Speaker 2: I think that's a great way to put it.
Speaker 1: It also kind of looks like Edge Runner, was it.
Speaker 2: It is made by the developers of Severed Steel, which I don't remember if I played that, but it was a similar Yeah, platforming speed thing. Yeah, but checking recommendation it is a great. Oh it's an amazing podcast game. If you just want to have something on the background and just go to town, you're not going to miss anything. It's great.
Speaker 1: Are you playing on with mouse and keyboard or a controller?
Speaker 2: I was playing on controller until we did that multiplayer stream and everyone peer pressured and mocked me for playing a first person shooter with a controller, and I switched the mouse and keyboard. It's like, man, there's a whole bunch of more buttons and you can ham realm. Turns out it maybe these kids with their mice and keyboards, this new fan thing might might.
Speaker 3: Be onto something in PC gamers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe they're onto some that's thing. I play pacy games all the time, but just always with the controller. But yeah, it's uh.
Speaker 3: I like a controller. I like the way it fits in my hand, and I like the way it feels for everything except for an FPS. When you're playing an FPS, that's when it changes because you want the mouse for your retical for everything else. I do really like a controller.
Speaker 1: I still think like with a game like this where it's like wall running and sliding and whatnot, that never feels as set. I prefer mouse and keyboard most of the time, but that never feels as satisfying to me on a mouse and keyboard.
Speaker 2: Well, I feel like, like with stuff like grapple hooks and stuff like that, I feel like it is more natural for me at least to hit LB instead of like Q. You know, like it feels like you're doing like, you know, a bunch of stuff with their hand. Here, it's like, oh fuck, I gotta go over this. Wait, what was croudch It's almost a little too much where it's like my brain maps to a controller easier. But it's probably just because I didn't grow up playing PC games. Yeah, but that's how I think. I think both of you would enjoy it quite a bit. It's it's a lot of.
Speaker 1: Fun, all right, Cool, I'll play it.
Speaker 2: Cool Mary.
Speaker 1: What's night Trap? Okay?
Speaker 3: This is a short one. It's the Night Trap. I was told that Vinnie has played this before and it's like a thing, but I had never heard of it. If you look up.
Speaker 2: The yeah, like live.
Speaker 3: Action and you have to sometimes. I've never played it. I've never played.
Speaker 2: Al Gore's wife, Tipper brought this to Congress and was very upset about it. Mortal Combat rating system stuff. Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: So I what I'm bringing up?
Speaker 5: Gore?
Speaker 2: Who's Trap? I'm old? Who's Al Gore?
Speaker 3: Who's Tipper Gore? Imagine I imagine naming someone Tipper.
Speaker 2: Hillary Clinton was involved.
Speaker 3: To my mad and friend Silver invited me to play a Halloween game on their stream and I was allowed to pick any game I wanted, and I was searching through all these different Halloween games and I have not played this, and everybody else knows about it, and it's obviously very beloved and known in game or lore. And I was like to say, I guess that's true because I beat it and it took I think it took three hours for me to get through this son of a bitch. It is very complicated, but it's also a beloved game where it's live action of a party or maybe yeah, like a teen party, where things go wrong and you hit the traps that grab people that either save the day or if you miss too many of them, and it's insane the percentage of uh you have to get. I think it's like if you go under seventy five percent or seventy percent of the times, you're supposed to trap people. You just lose, You just straight up lose, and then you have to do it all over again. And so it's a really annoying mechanic and poorly executed before it's time. Quite innovative with the fact that, like you're looking at all these different screens in security cam footage to know which trap to hit at the right time to stop these teams from essentially dying. And it's crazy how interesting and innovative it was probably at its time, and how it's probably inspired a lot of games that are modern and beloved now, like Five Nights at Freddy's Right, where you're like skipping through security cams to find out which one you should be looking at it any given time. It's not scary, it's more like funny and a bit of a joke for eighties style humor. But I had a really good time playing it. I think, like, I'm glad it's in my gamer repertoire now, like I'll probably like bring it up. And then the lore that everyone talks about is that this game was how it came to be that now we have ESRB ratings because I guess there was a scene where a girl is like in a ninety and she gets like grabbed, she gets killed. It's not like syringe, like a like a needle in her neck, but it's it's it's not to injector. It's like like a rod goes into their body and they die. And that's the footage that they gave the government, which was like you have to start monitoring these games because they're killing scantily clad women in them, and that's how we got the ESRB.
Speaker 2: Well, and yeah, that's the thing is like that was so like you know, early nineties, and you know, up until then, it was like pixels and ape and stuff. Mario and they really freaked out with Mortal Kombat being digitized actors and night Trap and it's like these are people and where these are realistic depictions of violence in something that is like definitely then seen as this is a children, these are toys. This is for children. And so yeah, Tipper Gore and Hillary Clinton like brought them to Congress being like, look at this shit. We cannot allow this. This needs to be regulated. And so yeah that at the time, it was like a thirteen m a seventeen. Like I remember that being like when I was reading video game magazines back then that was the hot topic is like, oh god, have games gone too far? Is this going to ruin a generation of children? And Night Trap and specifically alas seeing that fucking screenshot of the girl with the big cartoon syringe in her neck and then you'd be like next to a picture of like sub zero holding ahead with the spine coming out of it.
Speaker 3: So where'd you It's actually relatively tame, Mike, have you seen any footage of this game? Are you like looking at it? It's like, yeah, it's a it's relatively tame, Like, yes, there are some like sexy people in it, but it's nothing sinister or like really slutty or gory happens at all.
Speaker 2: No Wild Things.
Speaker 3: It's No Wild Things, which does have a rating I believe of R and has really earned it for really big titties all up in your face.
Speaker 2: That's what the arm meats.
Speaker 3: It's incredible they really did earn that. Night Trip is like when you trap someone, it'll it'll be like they go in a hole and it's like what happened to them? And it's like, well you killed them, and it's like but nothing, you don't see them die like you don't hear them. It's just a hole.
Speaker 1: It's like the Megan Fox from Teeth, except it's a bigger one.
Speaker 3: Yes, and I don't think it earned the ESRB rating system, but it took me three hours to get through it. I probably won't play it again for fun, but I could absolutely see myself like putting this game in to show a niece or like a family member or a friend and be like, you have to play this absurd game that I cannot believe existed, and it's got good lore. Nineteen ninety two is when it came out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like as a historical piece, it's like an important moment in video games as much as like the game itself. I feel like if it wasn't for the controversy, it would just be another one of those like FMB games of the early nineties where they didn't have that stuff figured out yet. But because of the controversy, it really is an infamous Yeah, well, not.
Speaker 3: Too much more to say about it. I'm glad I played it. I'm glad that silver Streak, who also streams, he was the one who like came up with the idea and was like, let's play a horror game. Uh yeah, that's the secret and it's funny, like a lot of people probably knew that, but for anyone who didn't know, that is the lore of night Trap and the ESRB rating system, which is pretty interesting history.
Speaker 1: With Mary as our first segment, we'll be doing that every single episode. Mary, now you need to bring in a little history tidbit to every episode.
Speaker 3: I have a really nice song for it.
Speaker 1: The more you know, yeah, Dan, I saw you're playing Black Ops six.
Speaker 2: Yeah, holy shit. I feel like I went from really yeah, I played every Call of Duty a lot, you know, pull on like prestiging numerous times, from like you know, Call of Duty two on the three sixty up until god like there's infinite warfare, advanced warfare ghosts, Like I'm still doing every entry then and like I think the one where I started fall off the every year was like Black Ops four. Was that the one that was like mainly war zone there was no campaign, there was no campaign. And then it went back to like I didn't play w DOWE two. I just like that's been done to death.
Speaker 1: What you just said w w E two.
Speaker 2: No I didn't, Yes you did, No, I didn't w W two. I might have said it weird. I played the business.
Speaker 1: World War two. I'm sorry, I thought you said w w E two. Okay, No, World War two, Yes, okay, it was.
Speaker 2: It was a shoot. It really happened. So so I fell off. Yeah, Black Ops four, w DOW two. I didn't play a lot of what was after that.
Speaker 1: I didn't play Cold War Vanguard, the other World War two one.
Speaker 2: Yea, I didn't play Banger So like I feel like I've been on a break from call of duty for the first time in a long time, uh, and coming back to it like Ship this well, I mean I played the moderwork for one remake. I played the ship out of Monterwork for one remake didn't play much too, And that didn't have a real campaign right like.
Speaker 1: Two and two did. But it was very much like just a series of gimmicky missions back to back.
Speaker 2: I make a three remake.
Speaker 1: There's a matter of work for three that was last year. Yeah it was, but it was it was universally panned.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right, Okay, so I think there were reasons.
Speaker 1: That Shriyer had reported it was be DLC at first, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so yeah, there are numerous ones I've not played, but man, this one. You know, I saw were you saying like, oh, this is like a breath of fresh air for the campaign. I was like, okay, cool, I've always been a campaign guy more than I was multiplayer and it is so good. I'm like, i think I'm over halfway through now. Incredible pacing. It is just like a ton of variety. It is really getting away from that Steve Frosty who uh military stuff and way more Mission Impossible twenty four. Yeah, It's like there's like but that's what I'm with. Like the variety. There's like a lot of like espionage tech missions like remember that one and uncharted sneak into the like auction, the art auction and stuff stuff like that. Where it's a Bill Clinton speech. It's like prior to the ninety two election, and you're like you see Bill Clinton and he's just up there and on a stage and you're like, you know, do I want to go talk to the senator's wife at the bar? Do I want to go do this? And I got to get a retinal scan of this guy, very James Bondy type stuff. And then the next thing will be like you're in a desert storm and it's like a small open world, a desert area where it's like, okay, you can just go destroy these three scud missile sites, or you can go around and like there's some dudes down in the helicopter crash over here, there's some supply drops over here, there's SAM sites here, And if you do all that stuff, you're getting more cash to build up your base between missions.
Speaker 1: You're more in that particular mission. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you get the chopper gunner and all that stuff. So it's like I literally did every single thing on the every point of interest. I got the trophy for that because I was just having so much fun, like driving around in a jeep, just like even little encounters that like you know, aren't like when I think call of duty campaigns, I think very scripted, just like here's the part what this happens, and here's the part where you repel down to whatever. And so there was something free about like, Okay, it's open. I'm driving around a jep. I see two guys on patrol. Hang on, let me park the jeep. I'm gonna crawl up on this hill and snipe these two dudes. Get back in the jeep, and it's it feels different and fresh.
Speaker 1: It's got a really nice quality of life touch. I don't know if you've noticed. If you're not detected and you've got your scope on an enemy, one of your teammates will say, don't do that. That's gonna alert somebody.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't take that shot.
Speaker 1: It shows you they Basically it's an audio way to tell you, like a diegetic way to tell you they are in someone's sideline.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, yeah, it's really seamless, nice touch.
Speaker 1: I don't remember a game doing that before. I mean they're a game. There's stell games that like you could see the site lines. But yeah, it was a nice touch.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah. So it's like that open world thing I absolutely adored. And then it just goes right into another mission where it's like, okay, I'm at the point out on the story where it's like getting weird in a way that Call of Duty typically doesn't. And so it started like doing something I won't spoil anything, but it's just like, oh, okay, we're doing that, Okay, cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as I said, you know what I played, So I played the whole campaign. I'm curious what mission I.
Speaker 2: Mean, I just went into like a research facid I had to get door cards. I just finished that one. Okay, yeah, that's right. And so that was a crazy mission. And like even the weapons stuff you're getting, it's doing the thing where it's like, yeah, it's early nineties, but also, fuck it, here's a homing knife that you can steer in mid air and remotely detonated like crazy shit like that. That's like didn't happen really, but it's plausible enough to like, oh, this super secret Black Ops thing had these experimental weapons, and it like when you call in the kill streaks and campaign you're piloting the missiles down in the open world areas. That all feels great. It is a I am amazed at how much I'm loving this campaign. It is really really good, and like to the point where, shit, I used to like multiplayer Call of Duty a lot. Maybe I'll play more of that just because I'm loving this game so And I also wonder, like I feel like back in the day, it was always just like, Okay, here's the Infinity Ward one, here's the tray Erk one, here's Infinity Ward Okay, now we're bringing in a sledgehammer, and now we got three. Is this I haven't really followed a lot of the like lead up to this one or the marketing. Is this just kind of like Activision and we've got help from Raven and all of these studios. Are they all kind of working together on this or is it like predominantly Trey Arc since they're the Black Ops teams.
Speaker 1: So Trey Arc got four years to work on this, which has oh okay, yeah, because wait, why is that? I believe that's because Modern War for three became a full fledged game when it wasn't originally supposed to. So they had four years since Cold War which is basically Black Ops five now based with a new number, so they had four years. There's been some shakeups. It sounded like things were sketchy at Sledgehammer for a bit. I don't know what is gonna I don't know what's going happening going forward. But to your point, I don't think it's the same exact like concrete rotation as it used to be.
Speaker 2: Well, I would love if this is like get everyone all hands on deck and wait a few years between them. Like I'm I'm sure that the money situation them to do every year, but shit, them having four years to make this one led to this, Like, this is the best call of dude I've played in a long time.
Speaker 1: Have you you dabbled? Are you you're a zombies guy at all? Called dody Zombies, I never, like some people really liked it. I just never liked zombie aesthetic stuff.
Speaker 2: And like even just the like I felt like every Zombies mode was like, Okay, I got to figure out, like I grab the doll and turn it up down and put inside the ferris wheel and then I you know, would tap into secret code and then I can like get a special dollar. Yeah, and then I can put two more boards on this window. I just I never really like zombies that much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, something to do with friends, though, Like the whole point of it is it that it's supposed to be like really brilliant. It's like that you're getting six buttons that you can finish the hat so that you can put it on the cat's heads, so that you can get an extra nail. And that's what's fun about it is it just gives you shit to do with your friends.
Speaker 2: Look, I got Eco point Nova. Now we gotta have boards. I'm good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fair enough, Mary. I'm curious if you get time to just dabble in zombies and all. There's two maps. Now, Liberty Falls is very much like a Stranger Thing style small town and like Appalachia, that is the more like intro one where yeah, you can once you get the pack a punch machine and you're upgrading your weapons, you can unlock these zip lines from tops of buildings. It's a really pretty clean like incline towards this church. Everybody will be like, Okay, I gotta go pack a punch this new level five wepon I just got, Let's go back to the church, and then you'll fight your way back up. Every once in a while you'll get a syringe that turns you into one of the berserker enemies, so you just start like hammer punching zombies. And then there's a second one called Terminus. That is what you're talking about, Dan, That's that Terminus is like made for the like Easter Egg diehards who want to see like the secret stuff.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that they're doing that. Yeah, they go big for the diehards, but I just I don't think I'm one of them. No.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's definitely like a core group of freaks that like it, and I identify as one of those people. I just think like it's core value the zombie mode. Like I used to always get really into like different modes of games that do that. For example, when Team Fortress had like a tower defense mode, I was all in on stuff like that, where other people were like, no, I just want to play like regular Team Fortress and I was like, you fools, this is super fun to like fight hordes and hordes of machines that come through, And this is the same for me. It's just it's just a silly way to play a totally different style of game, and with all the fun guns that you enjoy playing, but it's mostly cooperative play is the only reason you would enjoy it. If I was by myself, I would not play this mode at all. If I have three buds, that's all I want to play.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like, I guarantee you at some point here we will do a giant bomb stream where we get four of us together and do it, and I'll be like, that was a great time. Like you know, even if I don't necessarily know every Easter Egg or whatever, it's four players, you will have.
Speaker 3: Fun with your friends playing like the zombie mode of these games. One hundred percent. It's why they keep making them. They're like beloved and they're genuinely like a joy to play.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, uh So overall, I can't say enough. I normally like a little over halfway through the campaign from what I've seen, Mike might have played more. Is it just you don't have to say anything in particular obviously, but like does it keep getting weird?
Speaker 1: Uh? The research mission? I would say the research facility is definitely tonally weird getting weird.
Speaker 3: But can I just say, wouldn't the question me does it get weirder?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, because it does not get like tonally as it's it calms down tonally. However, you have not seen every kind of mission yet, like mission structure.
Speaker 2: See that makes me more excited than anything, because I think that is like I'm trying to recall a duty campaign is just like it.
Speaker 1: Would if I I don't think you've done there's a mission coming up very soon that when you said, it's like, it's like mission impossible. This this game to me feels like what was I telling a friend? The campaign is like if Steven Soderberg and wild things like yeah, exactly, no, but there's there's a mission coming up where it's it's playing with the structure of what a Call of Duty mission is. And then there's another one that takes pretty clear inspiration from a series I know you love. Oh okay, and that's there's there's those two. I try to remember how many are yeah, because it's like an eight hour campaign. Is the series twenty four no sorry, video game franchise?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay, okay, yeah, okay. That that's really exciting to hear because like, as much as I've liked prior Call of Duty campaigns, there'd be variants like oh, here's the sniper mission where you're sneaking around and the you know, the the ferris wheel or whatever, but like it's still you're going from A to B and you're shooting dudes with guns. Oh yeah, no, the rest this is totally different. Well ick op six.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to even think what the most linear mission would have been, like the first the intro probably.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the intro, like yeah, but it's cool how it does that because it starts you and just like, okay, here you are, You're in kuwait, and uh, this is a Call of Duty mission. It's just you know, downside, shoot, talk to a guy, he gets shot, whatever, and then pretty quickly it's just like all right, here's a totally and now for something completely different. You know, it's awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm curious what you think about the rest. Uh, it's definitely it's it's not just like on Rails missions. The rest of the game for sure awesome.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm all the way in.
Speaker 1: But yeah, Mary, if you get the chance dabble in zombies, I'm curious what you think.
Speaker 3: I would like to. It's it's something I always really enjoy doing and like that would get me to play with friends for sure, Like I would love to play that mode.
Speaker 2: I know who were constantly just like, oh we should do that for a player for fire Escape, and then we find time this should be maybe if this would be a good well.
Speaker 3: I mean even for Giant Bomb as well. Dan, Like that's the type of thing like give me a ring a ding ding Like, yeah, yes.
Speaker 1: You guys play anything else? Mary, you play something?
Speaker 3: I have one more. I played more Nevah. I've really really liked it and I just want to say I think that it should be played probably before Godie, I think it is worth maybe if I'm only allowed to put two. I have to think about it a little deeper, but like I do think it's just an incredible growth from Greed and so now that I've like put more time into it, I just think that it has become quite a puzzle platformer that is staying in my memory. It gets good and so for someone who likes puzzle platformers and Dan, I know you like those two, it is really well done. And I was heavily impressed by especially the secret I don't know flower areas. So like essentially there's lots of puzzles and sometimes you'll be like, oh, but there looks like there's a little secret up here, but it's really hard to get to. And if you put in the extra energy to figure out the platform puzzle to get up there, there's like a little flower that you just get to touch and that's it. But it's it pushes the player to be able to get to these like secret spaces and you don't have to do them, they're all optional, but getting them is like a total rush because they're hard to get anyway. I've I've found a lot of joy and never and I think it is an absolute gem of a game. For twenty twenty four. So I just wanted to say, after the completion of Never, I think it's an absolute wonderful game and I really enjoyed my time with it, and I think it's beautiful. I think it's smart and a good platformer, and you there's like a fun little wolf in there. You can't go wrong. It's probably one of the prettiest games of the year. Easy. So do you like visual aesthetics? Neva got tho es. Dude, it's so pretty. I can't believe how ori it got in this next one, and like it's not a metroidveny. I just want to set that tone.
Speaker 1: Not at all.
Speaker 3: It's like a limbo with puzzly platformer styles, but aesthetically it's so pretty and it has some or stuff like for example, like yeah, when you have like run from the waves in or like it has that too, or it's just like a system where you have to like run through a series of obstacles quickly. So I think that's neat sequence. Yeah, I think it's great. So that's all I wanted to say. It's a short one. I just I just think it's I think it's fantastic. I was very impressed with it by the time I was done with it. But in the homework slot, No, it's just if I only get two homework slots. I have to be very careful. I have to be very this is like a strategic thing.
Speaker 1: I too are Dragon Age, Valguard and metaphor re Fantasio.
Speaker 2: You have to I've been quitting the podcast.
Speaker 1: I haven't played val Guard. I'm eye for what it's worth. I'm excited to play vol Guard because it's it sounds like it has a strong mass effect to structure vibes, which I'm looking forward to. Dan, I'm surprised. So you played a Batman VR game.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I just heard some early buzz saying like, oh shit, this is this is a real good one. And you know, I'd always hoped that like there would VR gaming in general would get to a point where it's kind of worth like booting up the thing and loading it, like filling the battery because just sat in a closet for a long time. This is an awesome game. This is a worthy of like the Batman Arkham name. It really takes all of the feelings. It's not as open world as like it's certainly not Arkham City where you have this giant map or anything like that. But I think most importantly, the combat is there, and I think the predator sneaking around, you know, jumping on gargoyle stuff is there. It's not perfect because, like I think your instinct is you'll get into a fight as Batman and you wanted to start throwing you know, fists and everything, and it is a little deliberate. It's almost like a lot of VR Rhythm games where it's like, okay, a yellow circle shows up and that means a straight punch, and then it's like an arrow going this way means okay, left punch, uppercut this way, So you kind of have to dial a combo type thing. You can't just like flail around and it works. But once you get used to that, it throws in really fun things in the combat where it's like, let's say you start punching a guy and just the number five shows up in a circle. That means you can just throw five punches and do full on just Batman, just they're just fucking dude up. And then like oh, it'll tell you to like bring both arms down and that like takes his head and just brings it up into your knee and fucks them up in the combat. You know, normally you see a guy in the Arkham games and there's like lightning mother head and you hit why and you know, counters them. This one it shows you that same type of symbol, but you just need to move either hand in that direction to interrupt their thing and compo. So like you'll be beating the shit out of one dude. You see it someone coming in from the right. All you do is like stick your right hand out and then your perspective changes, fucking that dude up. Like all of that stuff works really well. You're like sweep in your cape. If you hold a trigger and move your hand, it'll like sweep the cape to stun them. All of that shit works really well. There is a little bit of a learning curve is maybe too sphere of a turn, but like it takes them getting used to basically, but it all kind of makes sense and feels right in the moment. And the sneaking around, grapple, hooking around batter rang stuff, like the batterraing is on your chest, so you just like reach to your chest, you grab it, you throw it. Like a lot of R games have that look down and grab something a gun or an AMMO cartridge from your body, and it doesn't work that well. Here I was so rarely like fucking up, like, oh I meant to grab a smoke bomb, but I grabbed the batter rang Like no, it tracks very well. Like this feels like an extremely well made VR game and smart stuff, Like to activate the detective mode, you put your hand up to your head and you like pull the trigger, so like, it's so fun to walk into a room and you're trying to find clues and you're like like you tap the cow and Batman vision like all that shit's really cool. It feels exactly like I would want an Arkham game in VR to to feel like, yeah, very very impressive. Mean, I might play through this whole game, and I don't know if I've ever played through an entire VR game, like you know, Half Live Alex included, So yeah, loving it.
Speaker 1: What are you playing on specifically a quest?
Speaker 2: It's only on the Quest three?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, gotcha, it's not it's only on the three specifically, Yeah, specifically, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know if it's okay. Yeah, works, works really great.
Speaker 1: I'll try it out in town.
Speaker 3: I saw if I could just be that guy for a second. I saw a Reddit post on our Gaming about the Batman VR game, and the post was like, I thought that I had been able to break the game, but the game knew what you know, knew how to outsmart me. And so you're Batman and VR and there are these bars and all you have to do is get your batter rang. Is that what it's called, Yeah, your batthrower device, and you have to hit a lever on the other side of the Yeah, but there's bars in the way, so it's obviously trying to get you to figure out a puzzle. But in VR, the guy like maneuvered the batter rang in between the bars, you know, physically, and he threw it and it hit an invisible wall.
Speaker 2: Oh really okay.
Speaker 3: And so the game had like had a feature to prevent you from cheating. But my reaction to that video is is like, that's actually a bummer, because if you're thoughtful enough to maneuver the battom rang to go in between these bars and hit the lever, that should have worked. And instead of coming up with a clever in game design function, like I don't know, maybe there's a box over the lever or something like that. They just put an invisible wall, which I think was limiting considering the amount of creativity that you would expect someone in VR to be able to display in that game. I would have liked them to come up with something a little bit more interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for real life, if Batman could get his arm in there, that would count, you know, I.
Speaker 3: Agree, And like a whole part of the cell of VR is that they're selling an immersive experience that you get to feel like Batman. And Batman is smart. He outsmarts his way out of a lot of situations because that's the kind of person he is. And I feel like a real Batman in that situation would shove his arm through the bars and just dink the batome rag into the candle. So I thought that was interesting.
Speaker 2: See Batman being smart. That said, my a lot of my joy out of this comes out of being dumb ass Batman, where it's just like I'm kicking dudes asses and then Batman's just crouch chopping him and stuff, and like you can see the cow, you can see like you look down, you see you feel like Batman. It's like, uh, Professor Gordon, what's this fucking commissioner. Gordon will be like talking to you, like showing you this like super serious film, and I'm like shoving my finger in Gordon's nose. I'm like throwing beer bottles at him, like I'm just like asshole Batman, Like it's very fun for me.
Speaker 3: You're still rich, though, so they can't touch you.
Speaker 2: What are they gonna do? Yeah, yeah, even if.
Speaker 3: But whether or not you're smart or stupid, what they can't take away from Batman is he's rich as fucking untouchable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he'll throw a beer bottle at your head. It's fine, you can.
Speaker 3: Get away with it.
Speaker 1: I want to try that out at some point. Yeah, all right, I think it's all the games. You guys want to do some emails, sure, okay. As always, you can write into Firescape cast at gmail dot com with questions, comments, concerns. Maybe we'll read your questions on the air like a couple we have tonight. Also, we'll give you another reminder of a few of these things. But if you are not a patron and you want to become a patron at any point in November, you can sign up at any point and then you'll be charged on that day. The following month as opposed to the first of every month, so it won't screw up your weird subscription or they won't do that weird subscription schedule anymore. Just for people who haven't signed up yet. Okay, we have our friend, doctor Fernando wrote in Dan figured you should be the one to read this since you met him.
Speaker 2: Sure, Hello, fire Escape. I was going to wait to email until after I watched Dan's recommendation Annette, but after the last episode, I realized I should probably check in my apologies. I had a busy two weeks went to a big medical conference in La full of nerds who love infections. They actually had an interesting booth by a company called Nerdcore Medical that makes a board game that they described as a hybrid between D and D and Magic the Gathering, except it's all antibiotics and bacteria designed as fantasy characters and creatures. I spent the following week negotiating and signing a new job contract and being on call at the hospital. So between those events and the intermittent poop city Slam of Jamas, I have been busy. I had a great time with Dan and Jersey and it was refreshing to learn that Mary actually loves the soundboard and thinks that Dan is brilliant and private. Dan is Wow. Anyway, I'll get back to you soon after I watched the movie. Thanks for existing, love, Fernando. Oh, thank you so much, doctor Fernande. Oh hell yeah.
Speaker 3: Did you reaffirm that I am not upset in person to Fernando?
Speaker 2: What? No, I honestly don't remember that. It was like our second bar. I was pretty toasty by the time we talked to bullshit.
Speaker 3: First of all, you're a lightweight. You should be able to at least go four bars before you're blackout.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Wow, I wouldn't blackout. I was just pussy, pussy pussy.
Speaker 3: Somebody take him home. This guy's at the second bar.
Speaker 1: Can I'm the one that's with the toxic masculinity. Yeah.
Speaker 2: When I blackout, I just go to bars and talk to people about a net.
Speaker 1: We just happened to be a fire escape fan.
Speaker 2: Ooh that out of sex thinge in it? That was like, not ironic. He was singing into her vagina.
Speaker 1: That sounds ironic.
Speaker 2: No, it's presented very straight. We love each other so much. He's singing into her vagina as he's down there doing god knows what.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know what he's doing. H he's driving.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you doctor for doctor Fernando's great. Which, by the way, Doctor Ryan. So people were trying to nark and saying to Doctor Ryan on a giant bomb chat recently, like did you see this is virescap said they got a new doctor. They got doctor Fernando. Now, no one's been replaced, no one's Look, people have numerous doctors. All right, Doctor Ryan, My neck's all fucked up. If I got questions about that, I know you can fix it up. Tell me what's going on. I get a terrible infectious disease. Doctor Fernando's got it. Look, you need a whole suite of doctors here, and that's what we're building.
Speaker 3: So we got doctor Fernando's. Sounds like you're going to an Applebee's. We had to go to doctor Fernando's. It's like so good. Their onion rings are out of this world.
Speaker 2: How dare you, besmirts. The good name of doctor Fernando is a good man. On the end, doctor Fernando's, you know doctor Fernando's, ladies, not on Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Doctor Fernando's does sound like a teeky bar.
Speaker 2: That's a cool name.
Speaker 1: Our Fernando's an awesome name.
Speaker 3: Yeah, doctor Fernandez is a buye one, get one on Thursday nights.
Speaker 2: Oh the wings in Doctor Fernando's just out of this world. Yeah down there, Dan, Yeah, yeah, thank you.
Speaker 1: Doctor Mary. Do you want to read this one? From West from Baltimore. This was a response to Dan his cooking spiel last episode. But it's a question for you, said, you don't have time to do it?
Speaker 2: Oh right, yeah, hello there.
Speaker 3: I used to hate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. It wasn't until college that I revisited them and realized that they are fantastic. I have eaten them regularly since. I recently learned that when my mom makes a peepee and jay, she makes the wrong decision at every step. This could explain my childlike dislike, my childhood dislike of the sandwich because her preparation is a travesty. This is how she makes it, white bread, grape jelly, smooth peanut butter, and ratio of twice as much jelly as peanut butter. How do you make your peeb and jay? Thanks Wes from Baltimore.
Speaker 2: Okay, I have thoughts on this? Did I first of all, did I mention on crustables on here? Before?
Speaker 3: You have mentioned uncrustables. We've discussed this, Okay, those are very good. Bunk made you aware of it? Can I just clarify West from Baltimore? You say white bread, grape jelly, smooth peanut butter, and ratio of twice as much jelly as peanut butter. Does this mean that it is white bread, grape jelly, smooth peanut butter, grape jelly? You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: You? You just like, is the peanut butter flanked by jelly? Oh?
Speaker 2: No, I don't think she uses a lot of I don't think it's not astata.
Speaker 3: There's another piece of white bread on top.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh yeah, he's just saying.
Speaker 1: I think he's saying, like as opposed to like a whole week with strawberry jam with.
Speaker 2: You expressive if it was that, I agree with a lot of this. Yeah, white bread. No, I like wheat whole grain stuff. But specifically you can get like the Sarah Lee forty five calorie a slice because like you don't want bread, it's like one hundred and twenty calories of slice. That's a lot going on there. So I got the forty five calorie Sarah Lee stuff wheat jelly. I'm new to the jelly world, so I don't have feelings about grape versus strawberry or anything. So that's the thing I don't really know right now. I think we have a thing of sugar free strawberry in the fridge and that's what I use. But yeah, smooth peanut butter is the wrong one. You do skippy super chunk all day and the ratio of twice as much jelly as peanut butter. No, you put like eight knifefuls of super chunk on one slice. And I know I'm new to jelly, but I just kind of get just the slightest just like just you're turning that bread purple, just the slightest, like the color of jelly is on it, but like, no no chunks.
Speaker 3: You know, jelly to jam situation.
Speaker 1: I don't know the difference you mean jelly to peanut butter or jelly to jam. Oh, I see you're saying, do you use jelly or jam?
Speaker 3: Whether jelly is clear and it's just the essence of fruit. It's like the jelly like jam is like gooey goopy and you can get fruit chunks in it.
Speaker 2: It's that seems like a lot like when I get salici. I don't want chunks. I just want the liquid, you know, so I think I want the same thing with those liquid liquid.
Speaker 1: Well, no, that's a whole other conversation. Salsa chunks are going to be firmer. To Mary's point, I just want the wet red Yeah. I mean there might be like some like collection of fruit, but you can smooth them out.
Speaker 3: In my damage. I could do with that sound bite.
Speaker 2: Try me.
Speaker 1: I so what the six freak side of it already is? Yeah, I I go like a whole wheat with like the oats around the crust. I like yeah, I like yeah. I think it's like a I think there's there's like a lumberjack on the bag.
Speaker 2: There's the one with the guy that was in jail, Dave's crazy jailbread.
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: No, the whole gimmick is like it says on the thing like this dude was in jail and now he makes bread.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 2: No, do you not know what I'm talking about? Jail bread? Hang on jail bread brand. I think it's just Dave's Killer Bread.
Speaker 3: It's not be called jail bread. It's called Dave's Killer Bread. And I don't think it's actually about him going to jail. It's just that the bread is so good.
Speaker 5: No, it is called killer Bread on their website after products.
Speaker 2: No, this is Dave's Killerbread dot com. And right next to products there's Second Chance Employment. And it's this whole thing about like, hey, you've been to jail, we'll get out and come make some bread. It's all.
Speaker 1: But that's not him making that's not him making.
Speaker 3: Jail killer because he's a murderer who got out.
Speaker 1: This sounds like they do, and like they run a program where they and have rehabilitated, rehabilitated prisoners coming. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I didn't say he was a murderer.
Speaker 1: I didn't say you said he's murdered. I said that. You said he made the bread in jail and it got famous.
Speaker 2: Well that's not right. So okay, I'm there's all about us page and everything.
Speaker 1: He went to.
Speaker 3: Murdering day and he killed a bunch of guys, but really good bread. So we used to call him Dave the Killer.
Speaker 1: Of Jail because the bread was so good.
Speaker 2: He went to prison for fifteen years. That's not you know, stealing a Skittles.
Speaker 3: Bag many women. But his bread is dope.
Speaker 2: I'm certain why did Dave Bread go to jail?
Speaker 1: Kamala Harris, pardon him because his bread was so good?
Speaker 2: Okay? He served over fifteen years in prison for drug distribution, burglary, armed robbery and assaults in Portland. Oh wow, Mary, what is this quite the rap sheet? It's a bunch of bread making criminals your town.
Speaker 3: I'm glad he found something to do with his life. No good for him. I like rehabilitation system. I'm just dying at the idea that like you called it Dave's jail bread, and I do I really will say like like, when you say Dave's killer bread, my thought is like, oh, that sounds like delicious bread. But when you're like, this is a guy who got in a prison and his name is Dave the Killer's Bread.
Speaker 2: But that's the gimmick, it takes such a dark turn. Oh he gotta rested. Wait, he got arrested in Portland for ramming patrol cars. Oh this is years ago.
Speaker 1: This sounds like the coolest guy I've ever heard.
Speaker 2: It's off it's on the Portland to separ addit.
Speaker 1: He was just ramming into police cruisers.
Speaker 3: Yeah bye, And I did not know this lore.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Although he's no longer using methampetam and that he'd been smoking pot, snorting coke and drinking heavily, I do not think the fame and success of Dave's Killer Bread had a great impact on it. He spend money on fancy cars and flashy things. Wow, this is a Reddit thread, so this is all allegedly What is the what.
Speaker 1: Is when is the Adam McKay biopek about this guy coming who's playing Dave Kill Michael sinkerl Oh my god, I forgot to tell you guys. Holy shit, Michael Shannon's the actor, are you guys fans? Yeah, he's like one of my favorite actors. And I swear to god. Amanda and I were sitting at this dive bar. I'm not going to say exactly where. I don't want to blow it up, but it was near our wedding venue and we were killing time because our wedding venue invited us back for an anniversary dinner. And we're sitting at the best dive bar in the world, the best bar in New York and as we sit down, I look over I was like, that guy looks like Michael Shannon from the side, and then he turned around, like, oh my god, Amanda, that's Michael Shannon. We didn't bother him. We never do. They've got shit to do. But I discovered that Michael Shannon, one of my favorite actors, goes to one of my favorite bars, and he used to live in like my favorite neighborhood in New York.
Speaker 2: It's crazy, but.
Speaker 1: He would be good as I feel like he would be a good Like google Michael Shannon if you haven't seen him a while, he would be a good killer. Dave bread Maker.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm still googling Dave jail here, and it's like, I hope I'm not being too harsh on it, because like, it does sound like, Okay, he had a ramming police cars episode about eleven years ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fucking but it.
Speaker 2: Does seem it does seem like. No, he looks like a man who's trying to better himself and makes him bread and he can't can't fault a man for that. No. He sold his bread in twenty fifteen for two hundred and seventy five million dollars Jesus bread. I gotta learn how to make bread. You gotta go to jail to jail.
Speaker 3: Yeah, except instead of police and try and run a couple of them over, I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: Go punch a cop and learn how to make bread. There you go.
Speaker 1: That's the the first two steps of the three steps of success. Third one is profit. Yeah, fucking make that money. Oh anyway, I do the lumberjack bread, and then I do peanut butterwich crunchy peanut butter, and then I do like a raspberry preserved jam that has seeds in it. Still like that's when you get the real taste. My ratio is two to one peanut butter to jelly. The jelly jam. The jam, in my opinion, is just there to add that little bit of sweetness in acidity, because otherwise the peanut butter is going to become overpowering and fatty in your mouth and the like. To me, the peanut butter is there more for texture and like mouthfeel. The jam is there to cut through that with acidity and fruity flavor, and like some sweetness, peanut butter is to.
Speaker 3: Hold it all or sorry. The killer bread is so that you know you can bite it without getting your fingies all sticky.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm still learning because I feel like I have had five to ten thousand peanut butter sandwiches that were just a ton of chunky peanut butter and nothing else. I've done that. Like maybe I've maybe had fifteen peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
Speaker 1: I've had a lot of peanut butter only sandwiches. I will say, though, like I think as a concept, a peanut butter and jelly sandwich exists because it works much better.
Speaker 2: It does itself. I get it. Does anyone have just jelly sandwiches?
Speaker 3: Probably well, Jelly on toast is very popular.
Speaker 2: I think, oh yeah, that is good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I go for that over My stomach does not love butter that early in the morning, so I go with like a jam also raspberry if I can get a hands on it, but strawberry is a close second. Great.
Speaker 3: Some time I go to like an American diner, usually your meat, hash browns and eggs comes with toast and they serve it with some jelly and you slap a little bit of jelly on a piece of toast and eat it with your breakfast. I do that every time. I consider it like the sweet dessert of my diner breakfast. Right, It's like the sweetest that it gets, and it's really good, So I consider that the equivalent of a peanut but sandwich.
Speaker 1: I also don't to West's point, I'm not a grape jelly fan, like really didn't.
Speaker 3: BlackBerry is really cool.
Speaker 1: I'm only you have in my grapes one way, and that's if they're grown in Burgundy, made in the cellars at Albert Davilan at d r C fucking put three years in barrel, aged twelve years in glass and Mary, can.
Speaker 2: You can you break his fingers this time?
Speaker 3: You guys? Every time you guys made me laugh. My laugh is so meaty.
Speaker 2: I haven't heard its cutting the mic out.
Speaker 1: I haven't heard any of your laughter this time. Yeah, we West get your mom right.
Speaker 3: It's just like.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's on the recording. We can't hear her laughing. It's like, whoez we can see you? Yeah, I see coffin fuck.
Speaker 3: Anyway, PB and J's are great.
Speaker 1: Tell your mom to write in Wes with that that sounded weird.
Speaker 3: I meant like I don't want to hear from Wes's mom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, missus Wes. Uh Miss West? Sorry, okay, all this last one? Uh maybe Miss West. I don't know, Miss West write in about your PB and J stories. All right, this last one. I don't read this whole thing. Actually I did cut some from this, but I do think I need to read else. High Fire Escape. Your Gody episodes inspired me to start a movie club that I run with about thirty friends and acquaintances called the Buzzies. We meet at the end of the year discuss the movies that we watched that year by nominating films for ridiculous categories. There's way too many of us to come to a consensus per category, so instead we just share our personal picks and nominations. By the end of the night, Trevor film has the most nominations across all categories, wins Buzziest Film of the Year, and everyone gets to leave the new list of recommended movies check out. A lot of our categories are directly inspired by your Goady categories. Film most up its own ass, for example, but we also have some of our own categories that we're really proud of, like film with the best performance that's too good for the movie it's in that's good film that you think about the most, or film with the most toxic relationship, or film you were most surprised to love. That last one's good. Yeah, well, I mean a bunch of those were, but I like that last one because I did not expect to love fucking Prince of Persia Metrivania, Which brings me to my next question. What are some ridiculous movie award categories you were submit if you were a card carrying member of the Buzzies With love from Austin Bobby aka your actual biggest fan in Texas.
Speaker 2: Wow, fast explosion.
Speaker 3: I want to car a card if we do this, card carrying member of the Buzzy. Oh yeah, all right, let's let's write these down.
Speaker 2: Explosion, best explosion?
Speaker 3: Well what makes it? What's the best explosion?
Speaker 1: Click exploded? That's not big but it's awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it depends on how big the dick is. You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's like fucking nukes, but like, yeah, not everybody has this.
Speaker 2: Is it the Oppenheimer nuke or the dick explosion?
Speaker 3: With small explosions over here? You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: What if? What if? What if? What if? What if the Oppenheimer nuke had blown his dick off during that test? Would that movie would have been a very different turn tone in the rest of the movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, whoa, you should have cut to that because there's this, oh there's a non ironic sex scene an Oppenheimer. He's reading I Am Become Death while the lady's on top of him, and then like what if they're both getting into it? And then cut explosion And it's symbolic and that's like a metaphor.
Speaker 3: And Einstein comes out at the very end of the film and goes up to that guy and goes, did you see that guy blow his dick off?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I said we're all gonna get laid. Yeah what exactly? Yeah, anyway you want?
Speaker 1: That's got the dire straight song at the end of Oppenheim would be really disrespectful.
Speaker 3: I think best sex scene should be in there talking about it all episode. So like it makes sense to be like, which movie has like a really good, like horny scene. And it can be because it's funny, or it can be because it's sincere. That's irrelevant. The most important thing is that it's just in your opinion, it's like that sex scene is awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, best boobs best boobs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that can be connected, but maybe not the best sex scene.
Speaker 1: No, that's separate.
Speaker 2: Best bad guy death, best bad guy, best main bad guy death, and best henchman death.
Speaker 1: He thought of you, dude, and then I thought of hospender dead at the age of who the fuck cares?
Speaker 2: That's probably I forgot. I haven't logged into my Activision accounting forever and I was trying to log in for Call of Duty. I forgot I was hostbender.
Speaker 3: H I assume I probably do this, but I think it's nice to do like best one liner or like some kind of like one off just thing that someone says that everyone thinks is memorable from that movie, and you judge it based on the line, not based off of the film. So like, if you take the film out of it, is that line like fucking god damn good line that's worth knowing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got one worst CG moment that's.
Speaker 1: Good, fucking alien what's it called?
Speaker 2: Oh fuck yeah, Yeah, that's a contender. That's here.
Speaker 3: Everybody talks about it.
Speaker 2: The best late title card or what about latest title card?
Speaker 1: What is an example of that that? Like, is there a recent one I mean, I know there are a lot, but I'm trying to think of a.
Speaker 2: I can't think of a notorious one right now.
Speaker 1: Well, oh, you know what movie I have qued up for like the weekend because we're not doing anything is Dread.
Speaker 2: Oh have you seen it?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: But I've heard a lot of people like say it's their cult classic favorite.
Speaker 2: It's a good time. You're talking about the Carl Urban one.
Speaker 3: Right your ridge?
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, the remake from twenty fifteen or something like that.
Speaker 2: Not the Stalone one. No. Oh yeah, that one's not great.
Speaker 3: That's the only one I've seen.
Speaker 2: Oh, the Stallone one.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: No, The Carl Urban One's fucking awesome. And Lena Hetty from Game of Thrones is the bad guy in it. It's so good.
Speaker 1: I just kind of had a buzzy idea like best video game, or sorry, best best movie that has structured like a video game. Like I just thought of running Man. I was like, that might as well be a video game.
Speaker 2: Are there enough though, for like a category for a year? You know?
Speaker 1: Oh right, it has to be for a year.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking of at it's not like an all time thing. Yeah.
Speaker 1: God, I really did not see many movies this year.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, I could do like least accurate biopic. I feel like there was just so many biopics and someone's like this kind was an asshole? What are we doing here?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Like were they like whitewash him and make it seem like he was actually not so bad after all?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Or even it could be something like you know, like Beheaming Rhapsody, which you know was well received, but it was like, this is not accurate in a lot of ways.
Speaker 3: Did I see what you're saying?
Speaker 1: It's like how Elvis fucking Baz Luhrman's came out, and then Sophia Coppola's why the hell am I blanking on his wife's name, Priscilla? Priscilla, thank you the movie's name? It very clearly I took a lot away from both of those. Saltburne was last year, right, Yeah, God, I really did not see many movies this year.
Speaker 3: What about like a genre bender? It's really interesting when like a movie that's meant to be scary is funny, right, and so it like kind of messes with you, or a movie that's meant to be funny takes like a serious turn.
Speaker 2: I don't know if this movie is meant to be funny or not. Do you guys know anything about this Terrifier series a little bit, so you know that it's like Terrifier three was like the biggest movie, like in the country.
Speaker 3: The tomato score is off the charts.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: I had not seen any of them. I was at a Halloween party on Saturday and they put Terrifier one on the thing, and it was like a nice like background thing, like, Okay, it seems like another Like oh, maybe it's like it it's like a killer clown thing. Sure, I swear. There's like a ten minute scene spoilers for the first Terrifier.
Speaker 3: Wait, I don't know if I want to see a sport. I don't know if I want to spoil it for.
Speaker 2: The first I don't want to spoil it. But there is a long scene where everybody started like looking over for the screen, like, oh my god, this is the most horrifying thing I have ever seen. It's like practical effects and it's like it keeps going and it shows a lot and it is unbelievably gruesome. Yes, Mary, Mary, take it off. Watched Mike's reaction as I describe this. Okay, Okay, Mike. He takes these party girls home from a bar and he yeah, he ties one to a chair, he's a clown man. He takes the other one and straps her upside down to like a wooden thing with her legs up like this in the air, and then he takes a hack saw and she's completely naked. Does he just full on just naked lady upside down, legs spread in the air and making her friend watch as he's got a hacksaw, starts at the vagina, and it's just like right right, right, right, right, right right right. It goes all the way through. He says, like like bloods all over his face, like her intestines all fall out on the ground and everything, and he just goes all the way through, saws through her head, goes from vagina to skull, saw her in half, and it is long and shows all of it. It fucking insane, and it's just like at this party, it's like we're also like.
Speaker 1: A mid conversation, Who's who put this movie on at a party?
Speaker 2: You used to live at their place?
Speaker 1: Really? They were they You're good? Uh, but they were they aware that I don't know, I don't know anything about the story.
Speaker 2: I don't know it went from Halloween to that. I'm like, Halloween, it's course, and then it was that It's like, what the fuck I thought you.
Speaker 1: Were gonna say, like Hanson put it on just to fuck with people.
Speaker 2: No, Hanson was right next to me, and we're like, what the fuck is this?
Speaker 1: Jesus Christ?
Speaker 2: It was insane. It ever, that was the first one I've heard. It gets more insane as the series goes on. So holy, so it's.
Speaker 1: Like it's, you know, exploitation, kind of like Gore. That's why people are seeing three so much.
Speaker 2: But it seems like, like like Mary mentioned the Rotten Tomatoes, like, it seems.
Speaker 3: Like people like the high score.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like I kind of thought like, oh, this is gonna be some hostile torture point.
Speaker 3: Thing perspective of this is is every Halloween, I always watch a horror movie almost every day. So I watch like thirty one horror movies in the month of October. I enjoy it. It's like something I always get into. And towards the end of the month, aka right now, I struggle to find a horror movie that I haven't already seen, and so I was looking up best horror movies, and Terrifier three is one of the highest rated horror movies, but unfortunately I googled do you have to see Terrifier one in two in order to see three? And generally the consensus is you really should see the first two because apparently they like come into play in the third one, And then the Rotten Tomato scores of one and two are really low. Plus a lot of the reviews are straight up like one is is just a straight up gore fest, And that's my least favorite type of horror movie. Okay, it's not that I won't watch it. I'm not like anti anything really, but to me, just watching someone get tortured and like just watch like gore is a little exhausting, whereas like what I really like is like the fear of what's going to happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I I've never been a horror guy. And that's why, like when people ask my favorite horror movie, I always go with the Shining and that feels like a cop out because it's like, well, this is a real ass movie. This is the Kubrick movie, you know, Jack Nicholson, Like this is a real in psychological horror type stuff. Like I I appreciate like Halloween stuff like that, but I've never seen Friday at Thirteenth, never seen Nightmare on Elm Street. Like I've just never really been drawn to that stuff. But I'm with you, Like I remember seeing Saw and Hostile in the theaters when they came out, and those were big things, and like I didn't like them. It was just like I feel like we're just doing like, yeah, of course, it's it's shooting fish in a barrel, making people squirm by like showing someone's like achilles heel getting split open and stuff like that, you know, or like I got a stringe, I got a bear trap on my head.
Speaker 3: You know, yeah, one hundred percent. Uh, those are to me sometimes they feel not always I don't like get like too AGGRESSI about it, but sometimes they can feel a little lazy to me. Sure it's a hostile did this to me the movie Hostile, which is like at some point they were just torturing people, and I was like, but the fear of it is out. I'm just watching someone be tortured. To me, it's the cat and mouse game or the who done it of it that is the most exciting part. Or how is this happening, Like how how do you get out of this situation? Is very interesting to me, So yeah, I get it. I don't think it's for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I cannot speak to the movie at all. I mean it's like I couldn't even like really hear most of it. I just like that scene people noticed, so yeah, it's not like we sat and watched it. I just saw that and I was like, that's the most fucked up thing I think I've ever seen in a horror movie.
Speaker 3: Just yeah, I think like going back to like the thing, I was, well, I don't know if this is connected. It's like, to me, what makes a good horror movie is when it has a really intriguing plot, and yes there are horror elements to it, but maybe even without it, it's just like it's so interesting, the concept of what you're going to do next is so consuming that it's worth it even if it's a little scary or if there's like some supernatural elements. A good example of that is like from Dusk until Dawn, oh right, which is like so fucking good, and it is a horror movie, like a lot of people die, it's got some gore, it's like pretty scary, half.
Speaker 2: A Tarantino movie and half like a gory vampire movie.
Speaker 3: It's fucking great, right, Like, it's super engaging, you want to know what happens next, it's sexy. Whew. I also think it's genre bending, it's funny, it's got some good humor elements in it. But yeah, it's got vampires and like people die and so like that's like peak for me, So I get it. I don't know if that's for me. I'm glad you brought that up, Like, I just don't. I was like kind of after I saw the Rotten Tomato squirrels, like, I guess I'm supposed to watch this now, but like, if it's a gore fest, that's really not my jam. Yeah, yeah, I think get reviewed so high.
Speaker 1: No, I've just been reading plot points from all three of them for the past few minutes and it's just, yeah, it doesn't.
Speaker 2: Sounds sounds like a lot. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, Bobby, I'm gonna put best terrifyers that you have to watch all three? Which one got you? Guys? Tell us which one is the best one to watch?
Speaker 1: All right? Well, thank you for writing in, Bobby Wes and doctor Fernando. All Right, uh, well, that's your episode. As usual. You can ran the fire scapecast at gmail dot com. Next episode will be Game of the Year.
Speaker 2: That seems impossible. I have Extra Life this weekend coming up, and that's crazy to think. We also, so I got all those guys flying in for Extra Life and then very quickly I have all you flying in, so well we'll watch the betting and everything. So uh you know, we'll get all the grub and minati. That's so yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that'll be sad.
Speaker 3: Change the mattresses, well, it'll clip them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll have the episode.
Speaker 2: He's gonna get Disney all over it. Disney Magic is what he calls it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Disney Adult, that's what he does. November sixteenth. It's gonna be our live show Saturday, November sixteenth.
Speaker 2: Not live show, live show in place stage.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's gonna be our live stream Game of the Year, Game of the Air live stream. Happy. Yeah, it's all right, it's a live we'll post were live streaming.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the whi which okay, wait, so we got to hammer this down now. So it's going to be on the YouTube, the fire Escape YouTube after the fact. Yes, So if you want to watch the bod check out the fire escape YouTube and are we just doing my Twitch channel or are we making one between now and then?
Speaker 1: For fires should probably make one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, would we get? Would get as many people watch sausages made folks, I mean the brand new Twitter account or Twitch account.
Speaker 1: I think the people are gonna watch. You're gonna watch it regardless of which channel it's on. But we can talk more about that and then we'll figure. Keep an eye on our social If you don't follow us on Instagram, Twitter, go.
Speaker 3: Check Twitch, dot tv slash.
Speaker 4: Dave's killer Bread, David jail Bread. Probably Dave's murderous bread. He used to be a murderer, but now he makes bread and fucking he was richer than you.
Speaker 3: He fucking hit police with his car and now he's batman.
Speaker 1: He does he does have batman money now. But yeah, keep an eye on our socials so you could see the specifics. But yeah, it'll be Saturday, November sixteenth, and then the breakout recording for the video will be in our YouTube channel after that on Monday, but we'll also just have the audio up on Monday. As episode ninety four. I gotta look back and see whether we counted Game of the Year as like a numbered episode last I know we did. I know we put it up as as like at the usual time, but I got to see if we this is just for my edification afterwards, so we know, so we don't like do episode one hundred a week early or late.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think we count it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, and then yeah, like I said, if you are not a patron yet and you want to become a patron because you want to be ready for all of the Game of the Year stuff and all of our end of the year stuff and bonus episodes, we'll find time to make a couple of those. We really need it, yes, because we owe it to the people.
Speaker 2: Were there, we said, Eco Point Nova. What was the other one that would be good.
Speaker 1: Called Duty Zombies. Oh yeah. You will not have to pay the subscription price for Patreon on the first of every month. If you sign up, let's say November fourteenth, you'll get charged on December fourteenth, if you haven't been a patron before. That is new for us because it has just traditionally charged everybody on the first every month, which is annoying. If you subscribed on the thirty first of the previous month, that you get charged twice in a row. That'll give you ad free episodes, or our video tier and give you access to bonus episodes, or if you just want to treat it like a tip Jargs. You appreciate what we do. Every dollar helps. The Game of the Year show is possible at the end of the year largely because of patrons, so we appreciate I appreciate all the patronage there. Outside of that, you could also go to Firescape Merch dot com if you want to get some merch and wear it and tweeted us, or maybe we can like repost something on Instagram around Game of the Year people wearing their stuff, get people jacked up, get amped for the Game of the Year show. I'm gonna be wearing some fire skate merch on the show for sure. Outside of that, Dan, what do you have going on apart from Firescape?
Speaker 2: Check out Giant Bomb. We have our Game of the Year stuff coming up. We've got Giant Bomb at Night coming up around the Game Awards, so stay tuned and all that stuff. We'll have the couch set up grub interviewing a rotating cast of industry personalities. So yeah, and then we'll have our Game of the Year stuff over there as well. So yeah, check out giant Bomb, follow me on Twitch. Hope do more streaming in the near future here And that's about it, Mary, What about you.
Speaker 3: The usual twitchy things. I'm still streaming on Mondays, except this week because I was too sick, but I usually do try and going live on Twitch also just to talk about you know, twitch stuff on Twitch, very twitch stuff going on over here. What are you doing, Mike?
Speaker 1: Just Firescape get ready for the Game of the Year. Got some travel coming up, although I'm done for like two weeks, which is awesome because this is the first two weeks we don't have to travel in several months.
Speaker 2: It's a good feeling.
Speaker 1: It's gonna use it to catch up on the eight video games I need to play before just so I have ammunition, or I'll just finish metaphor no, I'm kidding. I'll do my homework for a Game of the Year as usual. Thank you everybody for joining for episode ninety three. We will be back in two weeks with our Game of the Year episode on November sixteenth. That's gonna be the actual live stream, but again, if you happen to miss it, for whatever reason, will be up as a normal episode on November eighteenth. We're excited earlier in the year that we usually do, just because things are getting crazy later in December. And yeah, we're looking forward to it. I can't wait for Aster about to get number nine.
Speaker 2: To each to their own.
Speaker 1: You just got really heated for a second.
Speaker 2: I could tell I'm breaking pencils in both hands right now.
Speaker 1: You're sawing yourself down the middle starting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, don't worry, Mary, were to anything.
Speaker 3: No, I'll tell you this.
Speaker 1: So I asked for about reference.
Speaker 3: I did not. I had my headphones off and I saw this and I saw yeah, yeah, And I'm not a fucking idiot.
Speaker 1: No, Yeah, it could be anything. If I didn't realize as a whole, there's a whole, there's a whole.
Speaker 2: You really, who's just a mime with that man? He kind of a clown mime?
Speaker 3: Know what this means?
Speaker 2: What does it mean? Mary? You're so smart?
Speaker 3: He saw a person in half. Their legs probably are their arms.
Speaker 2: That's not all the details. It's a murky. It seems like it's a murky for you.
Speaker 1: You didn't hear how long it was or what how he sounds low.
Speaker 3: He was my headphones off ten minutes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he didn't really tell her everything.
Speaker 2: There are some cut details you don't know.
Speaker 3: Oh, like her titties were flapping in the wind when it was happening.
Speaker 2: Well, that does happen. Although I didn't say it, that absolutely happens.
Speaker 1: I didn't realize the whole, wicked, very specific thing happens. There's a whole Wikipedia entry for death by sawing from like click to.
Speaker 2: When I was looking at the Wikipedia, it's like, Wow, they people did this for Shoot, that's fucking crazy.
Speaker 1: It's like being drawn and quartered. That's fucked up too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it seems like people just did shitty things back then. I'm glad that doesn't happen as much.
Speaker 3: All the time.
Speaker 1: Dan or pulled apart by horses. I think that might have been apocryphal. I also could be very wrong and that might have actually happened. I don't know.
Speaker 2: They should stop doing that.
Speaker 1: We just have guns now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that seems better. I don't know.
Speaker 3: All right, Thanks for everybody, Dan, While, while we're on the way out, what do you think of immigration and the NRA supporter? Dan Reiker sign, I had no idea that you were such a cardoon.
Speaker 2: Between drawing and quartering and sawing people in half by their privates, guns seem like a better way to go if I had to choose one of the three, That's all I'm saying, rather not have any of them.
Speaker 3: You've obviously never been shot in the dick.
Speaker 2: That sounds bad, too, well, it all sounds.
Speaker 3: You should have thought about that before you joined the n RA.
Speaker 2: A Oh, dear.
Speaker 1: By the next episode. See for Game of the Year.