Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Been joining me in the studio is Jackie Ray. Jackie is great to see you. We missed you last week. Yes, Now we have to talk about some athletes, and you and I are usually in agreement. Athletes should have a space to be able to talk about things other than sports or their sport. Absolutely, you know, professional athletes are people, and people have politics and beliefs.
Speaker 3: But but here's the caveat some.
Speaker 4: Of these guys, it's just idiots, just straight up idiots.
Speaker 2: I got two idiots for you, Jackie Ray, and I want to see what you could gather from their idiocy. First, is Miami heat guard Tyler Hero. Okay, and he can ball, yeah, get me wrong, but he doesn't believe any history before the year nineteen fifty.
Speaker 4: Listen to this real thing?
Speaker 3: Yeah I think so, yeah, I don't think he's I don't think he's behind history.
Speaker 2: Well, you said you don't believe he hap like Twitterland, No, I don't believe that.
Speaker 3: I don't believe anything that happened before nineteen fifty. Wait wait, no, thank you?
Speaker 2: Okay, So wait, you don't believe something that happened, like like, how do we know when did he when did he come to the land or whatever?
Speaker 4: Churchill, they said.
Speaker 3: There's no way really knowing if it was him could be.
Speaker 2: Involved, right, okay, the forest Columbus as if history did not exist in any form before YouTube or YEV or videotape.
Speaker 4: I mean like World War II happened before nineteen fifty?
Speaker 5: How did Okay, here's that was a lot like I'm stuttering, just just trying to regurgitate. So when you look at this political landscape, if you don't know how we got here, what do.
Speaker 6: You think happening right now? This is a lung. Let's say he's a voter, a voter he votes for. But let's say he is a voter, his vote means as much as mine in theory.
Speaker 5: Right, But this is the problem then, because what is he voting based upon?
Speaker 3: He has no framework, his dumbosity. How did you?
Speaker 5: Let's unpack this because if you don't believe in history, when was the.
Speaker 3: NBA created pre nineteen fifty? So you playing point? You playing in a game you don't believe in.
Speaker 2: Stop trying to make sense. Let's get to the other idiot, because we'll be here all night. Amon Shumpert. He is a retired NBA player. He played with Cleveland. I don't know where else he played. He played with Lakers for a hot second. Those who may be in just popular culture. He was married to rapper and actress Tianna Taylor for some time. Fumbled it fumbled that bag, as they say, he is of the opinion, like an increasing number of NBA players, is of the opinion that the Earth is not spherical, or in his terminology, it's not round, And there's nothing you can do to convince him, prove to him otherwise.
Speaker 4: This is a mon shumper in all of his ignorants.
Speaker 7: World being flat.
Speaker 8: Bro, you have no proof that it's okay, that's.
Speaker 4: What be crazy. How you're gonna prove to me is round?
Speaker 7: And how have you ever like flown? Yeah, the whole time, really never ever ever, you know it, don't look.
Speaker 8: I never saw one of them little windows and saw enough earth to see a curve.
Speaker 7: You didn't do that. Look, but you can't see the end of it, like I'm saying, if you like, go to the go to the beach and look at the ocean. It stops at one point because the curve you can't keep going.
Speaker 4: Like if it was flat, you could keep seeing.
Speaker 7: You could pull out a telescope and see farther and farther.
Speaker 4: You want to know, it's crazy.
Speaker 8: I could paint you a picture right now and draw a straight line and you could say it looked like a curve picture exactly look like from where?
Speaker 5: Why Tiana Taylor somewhere going? Thank you Jesus.
Speaker 4: How did that guy impress her?
Speaker 5: I don't know, because I would have been done as soon as he put an F on the end of Earth.
Speaker 3: We are done.
Speaker 2: For the science people out there, the curvature of the Earth is about eight inches per mile. Okay, if you can get up high enough or have enough distance and get perspective, you'll see the curvature of the earth. Why Imon Schumper thinks he's smarter than everyone else in the world, even though he.
Speaker 4: Doesn't believe figured this out hundreds of years ago? Okay?
Speaker 5: I feel like most of us when we were kids in school, we made these sun dials and we could see you know how so so did he fail that or did he what happened? I need a history lesson that Tyler hero doesn't believe exists.
Speaker 2: I short of just putting all these dumb the fathers on a rocket and take and shooting them off towards the moon so they can Jeff Bezos Elon Musk helped me out here where they can actually see it for themselves.
Speaker 5: They will wallow, okay, But the thing is, though you don't have to see it for yourself. Then NASA literally has a camera that's in space.
Speaker 4: They don't believe.
Speaker 2: They don't believe anything that that's happening on the International Space Station, the pictures which are being back to us.
Speaker 4: They don't believe any of that.
Speaker 2: So short of them actually being in a rocket and then they dip their head out the window and decompress and explode because they think this probably just images being pasted on the side of.
Speaker 4: The right of the capsule. They're not going to believe.
Speaker 5: That's insane. So what's that movie with Jim Carrey? Is that what that they believe in the Truman Show.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe all of this is just a big lie, But but that is.
Speaker 4: Part and parcel.
Speaker 2: Here's the serious point of our nation today, because we believe that everything is some sort of plot to deceive us and control us, and everything which is told to us is actually a lie, and we can't believe reality. We can't believe history, we can't believe whatever we see in the news today because fake news, fake news.
Speaker 5: Listen, I write, it's not real. What you're seeing is not real. Okay, I invented that. But I know where we are and it's and it's interesting though. It is because I have I have people that you know, not that I'm related to or I know personally, but that I've been in acquaintance with, who i would consider really intelligent and insightful but very religious at the same time. And I've sat down with them and I've had conversation and randomly I like museums, and so anytime there's a new dinosaur thing.
Speaker 3: I love dinosaurs. Where this is going, yeah, you know where this is going.
Speaker 5: They don't believe that dinosaurs existed because dinosaurs are not in the.
Speaker 2: Bible, right, And according to the Bible, the Earth is only so many thousands of.
Speaker 5: Years ago, right, and so that way when people are saying, you know, millions, so for them, nothing predates the Bible, and so therefore dinosaurs don't exist. And then the bones that are in the museum are absolutely fake and fabricated to what end though, and that's always my question, what how are you deceiving the people except for to say, at some point we want somebody to make too many series of Jurassic Park. Aside from that, what would be the purpose of the lie?
Speaker 2: The same with what would be the purpose of deceiving all civilizations, not just in the United States, but all civilization to convince them that the world is flat even though scientifically.
Speaker 5: There's so many holes in that, so many, so many, I mean, you know, and what's the upside of it?
Speaker 4: And when is someone going to find the edge of the.
Speaker 5: Disc because listen, I used to tell now this person was a friend, but no longer, not now, But I used to tell him. I was like, listen, I know for a fact the Earth is not flat, because if it was, do you know how many people I were to kick off the side of it?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: No, I could make a really joke about certain news going on today. Listen, there'll be a way in which people would be removed from this country.
Speaker 4: There was an edge. Not going to call it the earth.
Speaker 3: Okay, Earth might be flat, but Earth is not.
Speaker 4: Excuse me, excuse me, excuse me. Vague news. Jamie Fox, That was.
Speaker 2: Jammy Fox Fox when we come back, we got some more athletes to talk about and what they've done, what they said. Antonio Brown, he's in the news for two things. One he's in the news for attempted.
Speaker 4: Murder charges again.
Speaker 2: And he said that he slept with Governor Newsom's wife.
Speaker 4: Same story.
Speaker 2: And also Clayton Kershaw what he had on his hat on Pride Night. He had a Bible verse on Pride Night. And people are trying to talk about the Bible and Christian beliefs. People are trying to read into the message he was trying to share. We're gonna talk about that when we come back. KFI AM six forty Going Beyond the box Score with Jackie Ray. We're live everywhere on YouTube and the iHeartRadio app. You can tune in your look at Jackie Ray and her wonderful looking self. You can see what she looks like.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six FORTYFI.
Speaker 2: AM six forty is Later with mo Kelly. We're live on YouTube and the iHeartRadio app. Tune in at mister mo Kelly on YouTube. Make sure that you like and subscribe. Okay, we got some great things coming and it's easier if you like and subscribe. You know, we love to give away stuff. There's a hint for you. We'll still go and be on the box Score with Jackie Ray. Jackie Ray, we talked about the dumbness Tyler Herro, the dumbness of the Mond shemperd NBA. Now this we need to talk about. I will say the views in Major League Baseball and football, if you will, this is kind of politics for both of them. Let's start with Clinton Kershaw, Dodger's great first ballot Hall of Famer. He's an outspoke When I say outspoken Christian, he's not in a political sense. He you just know that's a part of his life and he will let you know that when opportunity presents itself.
Speaker 4: During Pride Night on Friday.
Speaker 2: On his hat his cap, there was a little inscription which said Genesis nine twelve sixteen, and if you're not familiar with that passage, this is on Pride Night for context quote and God said, this is the sign of the covenant that I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you for all future generations. I have set my bow in the cloud and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and the earth. Talking about ratios, there has been some conjecture about whether Clayton Kershaw was saying, no, this is the true meaning of rainbow. It's not the Pride symbol. I know, you've seen the story. How did it look to you?
Speaker 3: It looked like exactly that.
Speaker 5: It looked like he was saying, you know, you guys kind of hijacked this symbol that has meant this one thing for generations, because it didn't used to mean that when I was a kid. I distinctly remember I was raised in the church, though, and I remember one time we moved to Capitol Hill.
Speaker 3: I'm from Denver, Colorado.
Speaker 5: That's kind of like our West Hollywood is in Capitol Hill, and I remember I drove down the street with my mom and I was like, there's so many Christians in this neighborhoods everywhere.
Speaker 3: That's such a good neighborhood.
Speaker 5: My mom was like, Okay, you know, I was too young for her to really break down to me what that meant. So I you know, and this might not be a popular opinion, I'm not mad at him for this.
Speaker 3: I feel like this is his belief system. It wasn't.
Speaker 5: The backlash would have been swift and severe if he hadn't participated, or if he didn't partake in any way, or maybe whatever. That's always a thing when people decide to opt out because they don't want to take part in Pride Night.
Speaker 3: We've seen athletes do that before.
Speaker 5: He is a Christian man, and so there's a lot of Christians that believe, you know, homosexuality is not a sin. There's a lot of Christians I believe homosexuality is a sin. Wherever he falls on that spectrum, that is his belief. And as long as he's not harming anyone or bringing any physical harm to anyone or berating anyone verbally, if he wants to remind everybody what the rainbow originally meant, I'm actually fine with it.
Speaker 4: I'm fine with it in this way.
Speaker 2: And this has nothing to do with Clayton Clearshaw specifically, but it has to do with athletes generally.
Speaker 4: Athletes will put slogans.
Speaker 2: And things, Bible verses on their shoes or cleats and what have you.
Speaker 4: It's not new.
Speaker 2: Different leagues respond differently, And if you are comfortable with putting who you are, whatever that means on your cleats, on your hat, and you're welcome with whatever response the league like. For example, if you do this in the NFL, if you make any type of variation in your uniform, you get fined instantly. Doesn't matter what you do. If you wear one sock too high the other sock too low, you get fine.
Speaker 5: Depending on who you are, though not every athlete gets fine in the same way.
Speaker 3: But that's story fun another day.
Speaker 4: Another thing.
Speaker 2: But my point is if you want to make some sort of statement and everyone knows that the camera's going to be on Clayton Krishaw, so he knew that people would see it, it would be enlarged and people would speculate if you're okay with whatever the response will be, be it fine.
Speaker 4: Questions in the media, then I'm fine with it.
Speaker 5: Right I When I saw this, my initial thought was like, uh, oh, you know, people are going to get upset. But at the same time, I feel the point that some people will miss is everyone has a right to live their life the way that they see fit that's best for them, as long as it's not causing harm to other people. So why you might while you might see this and be offended by it. That is a problem between you and whoever you pray to. This is his feeling, his belief system, and he is showing that in a very non evasive, non confrontational way, and he has every right to do that.
Speaker 4: Let's stay with the Dodgers real quick.
Speaker 2: And I didn't give you the story, but you may know about the TikTok singer Natalie who sang the national anthem, didn't chase the words, but saying it in Spanish against the wishes of the Dodgers, who said explicitly don't do that. They went carnation on this, said don't do that. You did it anyway? And was I offended?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 4: Was I think? Did I think it was the right thing to do?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 4: It goes back to Clayton Kershaw.
Speaker 2: Now, if you believe in your heart that you need to do it, going back to protests, however that is, and you are willing to deal with whatever consequences in this case, she'll probably probably be never asked back by the Dodgers, then okay, follow your convictions.
Speaker 4: It didn't hurt anyone.
Speaker 2: And if you know the history of it, it's not the first time it's been done. You know, You're just it's just in another language. You're not changing the words to make a formal protest. You're not trying to say the land of the Free for immigrants in the home of the Brave and immigrants too. You didn't make any changes, you just say it in a different language.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's definitely a form of protest.
Speaker 5: And I think, you know, given this climate, especially what's happening to the Latino community in our country, that's why she did it like that. I would bet my last dollar that if what we're seeing with ice and things of that nature weren't happening, she wouldn't have even considered singing it in Spanish. So it was definitely a form of protest. And look, that's the time that we're in. People are the way that people protest. Not everybody's going to go out into the street and risk getting a rubber bullet in the thigh. You know, right, Mark, you got a rubber bullet in the thigh all over the place. Good gobally, So not everybody wants to be Mark Ronner. Safety first, Safety first, because I know that left a welt or two, Yeah, yeah I did.
Speaker 1: I Actually I don't bruise and those gave me massive bruises.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so see they're terrible. Not recommended.
Speaker 3: Next time, just sing a song in Spanish.
Speaker 4: No, well he can't sing. No, no, great plan, that's my plan.
Speaker 3: No, he said, I had to be on key.
Speaker 5: He wouldn't be the first person that sung that national anthem off key.
Speaker 2: Very quickly before we go, Antonio Brown, I want to call him a former NFL player At this point, I don't think anyone's going to sign him. I don't know if he's trolling, but he was a prominent Trump supporter. I don't know if he's trolling because I don't think he's not. That's what I'm saying. I don't think I can't think him seriously with bost things that he say. But now he's wanted for attempted murder. A warrant has been issued for the rest of Antonio Brown with the shooting that took place in Miami last month.
Speaker 4: But that's not that's not even the main.
Speaker 2: Part of the story because in the story, as he was proclaiming his innocence, at the same time, he also said, and I'm trying to keep it as you know, peg as possible said that. Well, he said, quote, I had sex with your wife, Gavin as in Gavin Newsom.
Speaker 4: I don't know. Stop laughing more. I'm trying to.
Speaker 2: I don't there's no evidence that's been presented that there's actually connection between them. I do believe that there's something emotionally wrong with until Brown.
Speaker 3: He took that big hit.
Speaker 5: Anybody who's been following football, there was that moment in time when he was in Pittsburgh. He came over the middle and he got And ever since then, I've been saying this that he did not. You know, the NFL is horrible in my opinion when it comes to concussion protocol, especially given what they know about CTE, which can't be diagnosed until after you pass away. But the amount of time that they leave people in concussion protocol doesn't make sense to me. It's not really when we know for sure you're healed, it's when we need your back kind of thing. And so he's been out here playing with some mental stress so much so that we know Tom Brady moved him into his house, which I wouldn't have done that, Like, I'm a very nice person.
Speaker 4: But he's got enough money where he can just pay Yeah, and.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna get you servants and like a medical professional to be in there, a mental health care professional and all that. So you know, as far as him attempting to off somebody, I don't know. I have to see the video because it's said he was in a fight with several people.
Speaker 3: And so for me, you know, if it's.
Speaker 5: One on one, cool, depending on how I'm doing with you with somebody else, jump.
Speaker 3: Saying cool, But I don't care about attempted murder.
Speaker 4: Tell me about the governor's wife.
Speaker 3: I think the governor's wife is sitting at home and.
Speaker 2: Saying, there's a phrase we call catching astray, were you're not doing anything one someone, You're in a situation through no faulty, right, the governor's wife caught astray because I'm quite sure her communications person said, ma'am, we have to talk to you about it. Antonio Brown story, Did you have sex with a black football player at any time?
Speaker 5: She's like, first of all, I only have sex with people who comb their hair on a regular basis. Oh too far, too far, My bad?
Speaker 3: My bad?
Speaker 4: Is that too much time to go?
Speaker 1: Jackie Ray, you're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty