Speaker 1: You froze. Then I left and joined and it kicked me out, and then I came back in and you weren't here, and then it said you're here.
Speaker 2: I didn't know. There's a big red button on my dashboard here, and I didn't even know really what it does. I pressed it. Thank God, I'm not the president. Look, I think we recording already, so let's just have a quick live production meeting. We're three or four days out from a certain grand slam. Oh yeah, oh yeah, Mark as Well. There's Mark as Will, There's darm Ap darm apo h Bari's hit in Terns of Barley's. That's me.
Speaker 1: I haven't had that tune in a while.
Speaker 2: That's my you know we did tennis player chance, Yeah, that's my one from the stands.
Speaker 1: I can play that on the piano.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that in the east Enders theme.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But when we do a live show, I can't wait for your your unplugged section, live production meeting. What do you want to do at the French when? What are you I would love to do as much as possible, like short pods, big pods. I don't care, but what you're thinking.
Speaker 1: I'll be able to speak every day in some in some perfect scale. Obviously, I just times and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I will have spare time perfect so like we did at Win with him, we're just five minutes minutes here and there and yeah yeah. On today's podcast A Geneva eightyp two fifty, the only thing faster in Geneva was the Higgs Boasom, wasn't it. You were you were in, you were out the City of Peace. Well, we're also going to talk the Roland Garross debut. It's a come in and Federer forehand France special. WHOA, I'm Dave, but you are actually Marcus Willison. You were actually playing the French Open twenty twenty six. Is that sunk in yet? Is it now like you just sauntering around in a solid gold suit Grand Slam player?
Speaker 1: You? I wish no, I mean, what's I mean? I had Geneva for the weekend and so that was I'm back home now, but I'm off to London tomorrow and then and then Paris Saturday. So I haven't actually put my flight yet. I need to look at that modation we got on airbnb about just over a mile away from the from the tennis so we can walk in if we need. So I've just been organizing stuff and yesterday I got home did my washing. I've got a load of stuff to pack. So yeah, it's exciting, but I don't know. I went to the gym yesterday, going again today, grabbing a coffee. So no, not not really, mate, not really. It's it's it's probably gonna kind of thinking when I get there and pick up my pass and get stuff going. But I'm very much in tournament and match mode at the moment, like it's been relentless, so I'm just kind of in that swing of Okay, let's get there, let's enjoy it, let's see the drawer, let's try and win, and and then I'm straight into the grass. It's like I always knew this time of year would be tricky, and I would have got a rest had I not got into rolling Garris. But who needs a rest right before.
Speaker 2: We delve into the French, which obviously I just I'm desperate to do. Let's talk about Geneva. How so that wasn't on the cards? Was it? An? ATP two fifty in Geneva?
Speaker 1: I mean I ended with Yaka, we were five out and now we were ten out or nine out anyway, we were out. I don't know what number day, but it was quite a high number. So he said, look, I've got a wild card with Strika. I'm going to take that because I don't think we're going to get in anyway. As I was in Bordeaux the day before my second round quarterfinals, he messaged going, there's a lot of movement going up at the moment. So me and Mickey Reyes after we lost our match, I was like, look, I'm going to go home and I'll see you in Paris. But you know, if anything changes or you want to sign in for Geneva, then just put our names down. So we did that and on the Friday night we were five out. So the draw's already been made with five hours, so I'm like, okay, well we're not going to get in there anyway. Three of those pairs got into Hamburg qualities, so there were two out. Then Mickey knew someone was pulling out. This all happened over the space of twenty four hours and he's like, I don't know if the other guys are going to sign in. There's only one match on Sunday. He signed us in on Sunday and no one else signed in and the guy pulled out the same day, so we got put in the drawer for Monday. So I'm like, I've got home on what's Saturday or really late Friday out or whatever it was. And and by Sunday morning, yeah, on what we're doing to go to a kid's party or something, And I said, I've got in. I've got to try and find a flight to Geneva because I might have to play tomorrow. And I had to get an uber to Manchester, flight to Geneva. Got to my turn around ten pm. They put us first on on Monday, so I had to get up early, have my rackets in, go Jeb Walmart pick my rackets up. We had a forty minute hit and then on we went for a match, lost two and four. Played alright actually, but yeah it was tight.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Just the thing is with these it's like, Okay, you know, you're probably not going to win most of the time, but there's a chance that you might. And it's those chances that if you keep getting in as alternates. These two fifties are super strong because they're right before the French. There's only one two fifty on and one five hundred so everyone is here. But say you turn up for ten of these and okay, you lose seven or eight, it's the it's the other two. Like last year we got last into UMAG. Actually we got in as alternates and me and when I made the final, it's one hundred and fifty points and it changed your career. Now, obviously a lot of them you're going to turn up and you're probably going to lose, but it's kind of you turn up and I'm going to sound I'm going to sound like those club nurse we take the mink out of But we lost the first set six to two, and we lost all three due points. Yeah, second set, I had a break back point at five to four. We had three rate points in the match, didn't take any It wasn't you know, with a better luck or winning a bit more class or quality on those big points. So you're into a match or into a battle and potentially you can win and then you're into the quarter finals forty five points in your back pocket. But the part of me was like, do I really want to go? But okay, I think it's turning up that it's important, and I think when you do well, you look back at these moments going I turned up everywhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's the striker who's not scoring goals. You've got to keep giving yourself chances and the balls can go in the net. Right, The proverbial one off the backside is enough? So what about let's just think about before we talk about the idea that you're going into tournament thinking I'm probably not going to win this. But on a Sunday morning, you're with the family and then you say, right, I've got to go. Loads of people have this, like we've got to go away from work. I've got to shoot. Do you look at the cost of flights and hotels versus potential prize money?
Speaker 1: Of course I do. Yeah, that's where I went to Manchester. I mean things out of London were nine hundred quid, so I got a flight for two fifty from Manchester. It cost me one hundred and fifty to get there. I say five hundred prize moneys. Yeah, three and a half grand split between two minus tacks. So I've made a bit of money, go.
Speaker 2: A few hundred quid basically, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: But it's more than that. It's more I wouldn't yeah, but I mean I went to Dallas. I flew trans at landing at Dallas for no part prize money because we lost the first round of the qualities there. There's no money in there. So some of these weeks you just you just do it. Yeah, because we lost in the match Tibrek. Have we won that and qualified with forty five points in our first five hundred? Who knows? Yeah, sure qualifiers have one five hundreds before, Like it's happened quite a bit, so it's I don't know, but yeah, it wasn't a disaster financially, okay, but it But also you know, had I known I was in and I'd have got there earlier, I would have spent you know, a fraction of the cast and being better prepared. Yeah blah blah blah. But also had I gone there as an alternate, I'd spent you know, three hundred quid and art in the hotel each night I'm there. So you know, you just don't do that. You don't go and turn up five out and hope you're going to get in and lose, lose fifteen hundred quid.
Speaker 2: What does it? What does it mean for you that you said that you could. You're going there, You're playing a two fifty and the likelod is, you're not going to win a two fifty, right outright? Yeah, So you're going there and you know that you're going to be in a strong field, which improves your tennis, doesn't it? Playing a long highlights things, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Highlights things like I had a look at my surfercentages and and how to look at them. What they're doing. Where a lot of Cheli's or yeah, some two fifties, But I mean we're playing Bambury and Venus Veoenis has been six in the world. They're good. They lost to Bloody Vavasori ten eight and Rome. These are the top players in the world.
Speaker 2: Right, So I messaged you, didn't I. I was like Venus, like, it's just every doubles match of I seem to remember for twenty years, it's just like Venus seventy percent fair service in and blah blah, you know, like just like like he's like an algorithm, man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, he's Yeah. I mean they're a good pair, but they're a good pair. But yeah, you learn, you learn playing those pairs. Sometimes you go through Celi's and you win tennate or you lose, and it's like down to luck or or you know a couple of moments or you know, no one's exceptional. What it feels.
Speaker 2: Okay, So as a football fan relating this back to England, all my life, England have lost big matches to Argentina and Brazil and stuff like this, and the pundits in the studio afterwards said the players will learn a lot from this, and then the next tournament we play with the exactly right. So what did you what did you learn? What got better?
Speaker 1: Well, no, I know what I need to highlight. I think my first percent and needs to be a tad hire. So it was fifty eight. I won fourteen out of sixteen first points when my serve landed, but I only had fifty eight of them. I only got broken once and that was the game. I hit three doubles in to deuce. So it is a case of am I going too big on my second as well or not putting enough in? But yeah, just just up the first surfercentage a bit and just yeah, just on return. I actually returned pretty well, but we created chances juice pan juice. Yeah return well, So it's just I had a look at myself. My positioning is way better. Yeah, it's one of those you lose and you're like, actually it's I feel like I'm going in the right direction there.
Speaker 2: I mean, the big news is that your hotel had two sinks.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, yeah, I showed you a video that did I show.
Speaker 2: You just a message. I didn't get the exclusion I'm not on your only fans account. I didn't get, but.
Speaker 1: An investment. Two sinks. Good hotel, very nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think, and sign of it.
Speaker 1: Didn't have time to use any other.
Speaker 2: Signs of good hotels that you can think of. I like when you have to get on a little golf cart to go to your room.
Speaker 1: That's yeah, that's more of a resort. I really don't get that so much in Europe.
Speaker 2: I enjoy that a golf cart.
Speaker 1: Golf carts are good. I think I'm trying to go to hotels when you just have a us B charger, you don't even need the plaka, yeah, got USB's floating around, Okay, charger next to the bed is always good. That some old hotels don't have.
Speaker 2: That a sign of a good hotel, but a frustrating one is a really complex in room lighting system.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I had that. I had this hotel, I can't turn the lights on, but there's a master switching turn off and then you turn the master each and it's like yeah, Northern lights.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a lovely hotel with the Amelia and you need you need some sort of like degree in engineering to be able to work the lights. So you're either under the floodlights of Wembley Stadium you're doing pitch black.
Speaker 1: Hm.
Speaker 2: But if you lights showers right, showers? What's your ultimate hotel shower set up? Are you thinking big dinner plate sized chrome walking? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Walking, yeah, walk in an absolute bullet.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, like a like a carture.
Speaker 1: Like almost like piercing and heat heat, like you can't imagine the worst ones and when you have to like when you have to like jump into like crawl into a bath and then it's just someone's just and then it's like and then you can't get the temperature right skull annoying.
Speaker 2: Uh again, we say we go to this hotel quite a lot in Lanzarotti, and the showers have like four turny knobs on it that's on the head, so like it's got the big square plate thing to like water for you. And then there's other accessories for washing your bits and your bobs if you want. But then on the wall you've got not just hot and cold, you've got like different types of shower, so it might be like a fluffy shower versus a culture.
Speaker 1: But you can do that on the top of the head. Yeah, yeah, just simple effective two knobs heat and power. Yeah, and like, don't be too sensitive with the heat. Don't scold me or freeze me. Ye, do's have a happy medium. And yeah, ideally if I don't have to hop in and out of a bath up and then I'm happy. Yes, yeah, I'm not a bath person really. Two years and I get very bored.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I don't mind a bath. I don't like a shower curtain. Like a shower curtain, yeah.
Speaker 1: So you spray it all over.
Speaker 2: I prefer like just a piece of glass.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay, sorry, I thought you didn't like any wet room.
Speaker 2: The shower curtain sticking to my skin. That makes me feel really icky.
Speaker 1: It's weird and also how hygienic.
Speaker 2: I don know. The other thing that is the least hygienic thing in all hotel rooms is the pillows that go on top of your bed because you're changed. They're never ever getting cleaned.
Speaker 1: And that's also good. Hotels have them are quilt and then another layer of something and then like twelve pillows and I'm just a skimmy, yes, launching stuff in a corner.
Speaker 2: That how tightly a hotel tucks in its bedding, like if you don't untuck, you could wake up in the morning a fossil.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true. I've had to really like give it some to get the corners.
Speaker 2: Once, I actually double kicking, like I didn't once, I just slid straight in and was there and I basically I slept like a hostage and when I woke up in the morning, I was cold.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I really enjoy when they make a duck billed platypus out of the towels.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So, or they eat some five the five star hotels in some country.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, like the petals, Yes, the petals.
Speaker 1: They don't even have a duvet. They just give you a sheet and a.
Speaker 2: Little bit of chocolate on your pillow.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I got a per Lies Geneva two fifty cake waiting for me in my room. It's like a flap jackie thing with a chocolate top. It didn't last real long. I spoke to I spoke to our message John Piers to a photo of it, and I said, mine lasted about forty five seconds here and yeah, I haven't eaten mine yet. And I'm like, yeah, ah, you have something called self.
Speaker 2: Control with playferent John.
Speaker 1: Different. Yeah, I mean I did leave there were they left four many cakes out next to the covered machine. I didn't have all of them. I had like one buy it and left them. But like I think, I don't know if I don't have cake and sweets and stuff. I don't really eat sweets a headaches, allergies. But if chocolate isn't in front of me, I very rarely go and buy a chocolate bar.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, but if.
Speaker 1: You start like dangling stuff in front of me and I've just come off a long flight and I'm tired, best decision isn't gonna be made. It was glorious as well. I regret nothing.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'm so looking forward to after the break talking about the French Open debut A sorry, Eli, Welcome back to the What A You're Talking About Willis Podcast with me, Dave tennisist and person and him M Willis. French Open competitor with Yaka Paul again like your your little grand Slam wife, isn't it? So are you and Yakov now like texting back and forth endlessly about different plays and doubles tactics. He's playing Geneva, isn't He's still.
Speaker 1: In Do you know? You know, Yaka, I've made this mistake twice. He doesn't like to know the draw So in Australia I was like, okay, so we're playing King Piers. This is what I've been told, so fast that and he went, ah, so I never looked at the drawer. We don't have to talking about it. So what he does is one night before the order of play will come out and chick when he checks when he's playing.
Speaker 2: And then he'll see for the first time he's playing.
Speaker 1: Its same for the second round. So I messaged him after the after he won yesterday and said, do you know who you're playing? And he went no, but I'm guessing Bamboo and Venus because they watched our whole match, and I went, no, comment, he doesn't.
Speaker 2: Look have you ever heard of that before?
Speaker 1: There's a few players that do it. Apparently, I'm just like ah, I said, my life is so sad that when the drawer comes out, I look at everything.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I heard about Roger Federer with you? I heard the Federer got your match against Parancis and watched it in its entirety with his team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he had tools three scouts watching the match as well.
Speaker 2: Apparently, whoa, We're going to do a Roger Fear special thing coming up.
Speaker 1: It's all there where I'd hit a ball at the start and he was just there, and I'm like, I'd like hold a pass and like roll at one side and just be there on top of the net.
Speaker 2: Was why last thing I need?
Speaker 1: And obviously my scout on him was highlights, which is all his winners. And I thought he was just going to come out and t off and he just kept super steady, and I'm what's going on, Roger? Can you take a risk?
Speaker 2: Please hit a tweener?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Just hit just slash one you can, Okay?
Speaker 3: So miss miss subde.
Speaker 2: Uh okay. So it's ker pull now for those of for those new to the Pard who went with us in the Aussie Open, yakub is, I mean, so what side is he going to play? It's going to play outside And I mean his returning is a standout right.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Obviously i'd heard the name. I've seen like little bits. I hadn't really concentrated on him as a tennis player. And it was before the Aussie he was playing in that International Cup thing for Switzerland, wasn't he correct? Well done him? And it's the returning like he's on the baseline, yeah, and like the but he's back here right the rackets like proper back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't understand the lord, I'll do it. But he's got an exceptional ability to time the ball. I hit it very hard and very low over them.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, it's it's a regular, isn't it. It's And I wonder if he's the kind of player who says, I don't know how just his just his mate, I don't know what I'm doing. So what did you get from the Aussie Open? And what can transfer to like the clay courts at the French, Well, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think it's going to be quite quick at the French. Looking at the weather, it's going to be plus thirty, you know, the start of next week, so I think the war will be tracked flying quite a bit, so that will help us serve for sure. What can we transfer. I mean, we've played two matches in the Aussie Open and two very different conditions. So the first one was a lot quicker in the sun, and the second one was obviously Rod labor late at night. So yeah, I think, I think, yeah, couple like the way the ball's moving. You've got a bit a bit more tactical on clay. Obviously it's slower, can't stand up on the staff, bounce as funny, all that stuff. I love it, really, no, I don't, but yeah, so yeah, well we'll have to work out, you know, how much with servolleting, how much we're staying back, stuff like that. But we're getting there. I'm getting there Saturday, well if I don't put my flight, but we'll have at least two days of you know, three three practice sets, two or three practice sets of those days to work out what's going on and do some reps and yeah, do podcasts and stuff.
Speaker 2: So let's talk about the logistics. I'm personally really excited to see you with Yaka because I think it's a good pair. I think it complements you as well, for the the ability to kind of turn the point around when he's returning you can get quickly like I think, it gives you an opportunity at the net where sometimes you see that more passive return, especially if you're both back, you can get caught right. Yeah, and that's up in the net, the big strength of yours. So I'm quite excited actually about it. I don't think any is going to want to play, you guys, No, So let's talk about the logistics. So you find out you're playing a French Open, and then you do what you move, doctor's appointments or whatever else you gore going on in your life. How do you find where you're going to stay? Did the ATP help, the Rondan garrets help.
Speaker 1: There's an app where they have like hotels but they can book for you and stuff like that. But by the time I got in, obviously a lot of places have gone. So there's some places you can stay for six hundred a night, which I'm obviously not going to do. But a lot of players, there's a lot of dubskuies I spoke to. But Airbnbs, yeah, because they've got teams or there's other people then I've got obviously I'm going with Adam, so I thought, I mean we could share a room at an ebys or something like that, it would be similar costs. But we've got a room each in an apartment with a kitchen. Yeah, fifteen to twenty minute walk from site if we want, or we can get the official car whatever, whatever, it's easier. But I always try and get apartments when it's not included. Obviously at ATPs and Challengers, they have an official hotel and they put you in so Grand Slams you can do your own thing. So I had an apartment in Australia. I stay with family friends when I'm playing Wimbledon US. I got hotel yeah, be tougher in New York because it was yeah, but it was also you remember that story right now, We went and signed it and didn't get it and then got in. That was also a financial risk which paid off.
Speaker 2: So you you're going to arrive, What do you know about the this is the first time you've played it. What do you know about where the practice facilities are, how it all works, like is it a bit like you know, does anyone show you around or do they just presume that you're a tennis sist and you just get on with it.
Speaker 1: I think there's yes, there's players packages and you work out where stuff is. I went last year to sign in. We were three out, weren't we So we me and went for the day to sign in. So I know offside practice court, so like a five to ten minute buggy right away. So you get on a buggy and you go to the off site and practice there. A lot of the time there's different sites you practice. Very rare you get a match court because there's obviously matches going on. A matches start early and obviously a lot of singles players in by the time we're there as well. So yeah, you turn up, you ask a few questions. I'll explain everything. Adam's already there so he'll know where things are.
Speaker 2: Why has he gone early?
Speaker 1: Yeh, because he went. He's coaching all of a crime, so he went with him.
Speaker 2: So he'll be able to give you a bit of the layer of the land. Is there the So I heard about a footballer once who signed for a huge football team. It's very successful FA Cup winning football team in South London, and he signed through and he went in first day and he sat in the locker room and the star player of that team walked in the room, and the whole place just went silent, and the star player didn't say anything. He walked over, got all of this new signings kit and just lobbed it across the floor and then you signing had to walk away and sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry sorry sorry like that right? Why because that's his bloody seat mate? Is there a danger? You turn up at the French, You stroll into the canteen, you get you know, some onion soup and some escargo bagget.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a couple of them.
Speaker 2: Straight in and you sit on the table and then there's a little tap on the shoulder and Novak says, I have the table by the window. Is there any of that? Ah? What shame.
Speaker 1: Exact, because I mean they've normally got big teams, those guys, so you see them or they're set up or but yeah, I don't know. That's what happened to me.
Speaker 2: Well, if it does on this pod, please no one.
Speaker 1: I think people know, people know I'm respected and I'm not going to.
Speaker 2: Move last my cargo. On the last part we got, uh, it kind of dawned on me how wonderful it is that you're going to play the French and maybe landed with you as well, What does this mean for you in terms of ranking points? Like, are you looking at this and thinking if we can win around again like you did at the like you did a win like you did at the US, like you did at the Aussie. Right, you can win around puts me sixty seven if I can be sixty Oh, if I could win another one, I could be sixty four if I'm seeing and so on. Do you look at it like that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Sometimes I look at the live ranking and I know I've got coming off. I've obviously got Queens and Wimbledon and then EU mag a few weeks later. So it'd be nice to put some points on the board. But more important than that, how cool would it be served like one matches at every single Yeah, obviously the aim is to win the tournament, but so so's everyone's. But yeah, to be in that second round, you know, walk out and go out, that would be awesome.
Speaker 2: So you don't look at it in like a it's a make or break situation here, like if I can get three wins, then.
Speaker 1: It'd be great the next eighteen change.
Speaker 2: It's not like that. It doesn't hang in a balance like that.
Speaker 1: No, it's not enough and I mean, it's only life changing if you make final, semifinal, win the tournament. Yeah, you know, third round will be one hundred and eighty points. That would still not for my top fifties. It's the gaps are huge trying to climb up, ye, but they're also you know, if I lost all my points, I check yesterdaf, I lost all my points from now until after mag I'm still top hundering the world.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So you're kind of stuck in that thing, and the only way to really jump up is to do something special, which I believe I can do at some point. But I need you know, you need to start to align. You need to, as I say, keep turning up, keep doing your best, keep working hard, and then you know, historically it's clicked before, but I don't know. Yeah, who knows. But I feel like I've got a good run in me at a slam somewhere or an ATP or something.
Speaker 2: I told you what our mutual mate said, one day, you're going to accidentally win Wimbledon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so.
Speaker 2: Bloody ell, bloody got one trying out loud a missed country file. So let's think about financially. Tennis basically has four highlights a year, much like athletics has one highlight every four years, right four times a year. Tennis becomes a news item, front page, full up stands, and it's where the big bucks are. You just said to us earlier that Geneva's worth fifteen hundred quid or so what's the French open worth to you now?
Speaker 1: Prize money, prize money. I don't know if you can find that, I'm sure it'd be.
Speaker 2: So you don't know. You don't instantly look at it and think, oh, I'm quits in, I'm going to get this.
Speaker 1: I have a look, I have a look at the different rounds, and I think, I think it's just under ten thousand euros to turn up, and then if you win around it doesn't double or maybe go to fifteen thousand euros something like that. And then I think the winner gets three hundred k. When let's get three hundred k. It's yeah, it's it's good money. It's it's nine and a half thousand euros for eight and a half.
Speaker 2: That's split.
Speaker 1: But then yeah, no, no, no, as a per person, so your your nine, you make you make a slam, your make ten grand ish turn up. But then my abnb's twelve hundred. Then you're paying Adam and his expenses and my expenses. Sure, I mean it's so you can clean five so, but so you don't instantly.
Speaker 2: Look at it and go, what a five ground up?
Speaker 1: That's great, it's great, of course, the financial stuff it's it's it's more than that. I suppose it's great, but I know how long five grand last?
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, I mean, Jesus Christ, it's a bit of breathing in London. Now you pull bloody, that's all it is. Thirty pounds out of a cash point. You've spent on one twix. It's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's, it's but it's also know how much I'm gonna be traveling and playing and it's yeah, so it so, it's it's it's it's great because there's very few toalrents where you get that kind of money turn up. But at the same time, it's okay, it is what it is. Let's try and win this first round and prepares best we can. It's because I didn't think that the US Open. I got in and the money was great, but then I was like, right, we've got to play a match, and then you make third round you get twenty twenty five k or something of that, and that's nice. Yeah, but also it.
Speaker 2: Goes okay, So final question I've got for you, because we're going to speak closer to the French and daily level of nerves one to four four being can't think I'll breathe one being French?
Speaker 1: What may where are you right now? One? Jesus Christ?
Speaker 2: Do you know what's right?
Speaker 1: Am one? Because it's it's it's like I'm quite good at going right. Well, I gotta do today and I'm already thinking I'm speaking to you. Then I've got stuff to do today and washing it and it's like I don't have time to sit there and you know.
Speaker 2: What this is where you are different from normals. You can't know it.
Speaker 1: But but if this was my first Slam day, it would be very different. It's my first friend open and but like by the time I get there, you know, an hour before the match or the night before the match, I'll start getting Will you get to four? Hopefully not? Probably be at three?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, four doesn't exist, don't worry about it.
Speaker 1: Four. No, four can happen sometimes, but it's not it's not helpful. No better nerves are helpful. Sometimes it gives you a better drive, for like when you go too far, it's it's crippling.
Speaker 2: Basically, where would you say you are one to four with the nation's favorite quiz feder aforehand French Special.
Speaker 1: Four.
Speaker 2: It's coming up after the break. Welcome back to the final part of the What You're talking About Willis podcast? Before we go ooh, French, it's time for the Federer forehand. You know exactly what it's like to face Tennis's most beautiful and wonderful site, which is Roger Fedder's forehand. So I'm going to give you a list of French items and you've got to tell me whether they are better or worse than Roger Federer's forehand. So far it started off being quite a tight competition to things that are worse. But we've noticed on the last one quite a lot, even things like I don't know a biscuit ended up better. So you did on the last one. You told me to remind you, just to dial it back in and appreciate it's Roger Fedder's forehand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, So I get carried away, especially.
Speaker 2: With food French special h croissant like fresh, like warm, fresh, not from a petrol station.
Speaker 1: Okay, if you didn't give me that pep talk, I'll say, yeah, that's a nute.
Speaker 2: Roger Pedro's forehead is better. Joan of Arc.
Speaker 1: John Dark uh wor sorry Joan?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Camon beer worse Louis Viton, Yeah, worse, Tour de France. Well yeah, grower got a car. Why did you do that?
Speaker 1: I like the light crower.
Speaker 2: They get.
Speaker 1: The most overrated thing in France. Worst.
Speaker 2: No, Citron.
Speaker 1: Can't. Well that's just like lime.
Speaker 2: Citron the car.
Speaker 1: Like like the citron. There is a lime and citron is a lemon.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: The car what? I drive one recently, but very nice, I think I find they always they're small. I don't know where to drive him? A where them as a coat? Okay? Really a beret?
Speaker 3: Oh oh no, I can't.
Speaker 1: I can't. I can't be. There's only yes or no, isn't it? There's no equal man?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the very close not the there's images this week of John Travolta sporting a beret because he's directed a film. He wanted to wear a beret like a film director would. Oh my god, I love that. Do you know what we'll do? One day, We'll do a special on John Travolta because this will amaze you. I've got a mutual mate, do you, Yeah, let's just get him on. A mate of mine trades watches with John Travolta. Yeah, okay, creeps, Oh, any topic you ont so.
Speaker 1: They do the correct restaurants where you get a savoryone as a mane and then you deserve one, and they have like salted caramel better, Yes, it's better than Yeah, they have like duck crape. Yeah, a good one. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Roger rene Lacoste not only just as a tennis player as in like it was world number one in the nineties, ready, but as a fashion brand as well. His nickname is the Crocodile. I love that. No, I like it.
Speaker 1: It's lovely stuff.
Speaker 2: But yeah, film noir, black and white films, moody.
Speaker 1: Nah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. This might be the hardest question you've ever faced. Is the following better than Roger Fedder's forehand m Richard Gasque's backhand?
Speaker 1: Decide? Oh uh?
Speaker 2: When I came up with that question, I felt like Michael Parkinson.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, no, I'd say it's better because what was gas What's the best thing he ever did? In tennis. It was obviously a very good player. Conf you send me to slam? Yeah, yeah, yeah, and the whole time, the whole time. That's it was great. I used to when I first got into Challisystan, what if I'm watching because because of the back end, pretty much all of it, he was just so I don't know, but yeah, the backhands is insane. So Richard gas backup had ever miss what as well?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Do you know anyone has ever played him? Anyone has ever spoken about it?
Speaker 1: No, A few Brits have, but I've never spoken about it. He's a pretty chilled out guy. He doesn't really socialize that much. I saw him, he was he was like to do with the little Challenger in February. Was there chilling? I was a dick every time you look at him. Just think of that, don't you. That's the thing. Whereas I mean, his forehand was insane and sunning, but like the rest of his game was as well. It wasn't like he only had a whereas Gascade like his the rest of his game was good and very good, but like, but his back end was just yeah, yeah, you go, you go. One of the best backhands in the world. Certainly single hand as he's he's up there. It was him, this stand.
Speaker 2: Head ad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, not many woes or anymore the women in eight weeks.
Speaker 2: I mean the flourish, the final flourish on that question is huge, isn't it just huge? Thank you so much for your time, say mate, best of luck with a prep and I can't wait to speak to you over the weekend. I'll speak you soon, excited or of what Hello?
Speaker 4: Victor of Baranco on Troumle, Sergeant Meader of Craig Frederick on the trumpets and the position the Army Blues
Speaker 1: Worked out that