Speaker 1: Big Food and Beyond with Cliff and Bulbo. These guys are your favor It's so like say subscribe and rade it five star.
Speaker 2: S and.
Speaker 1: Greatest on Yesterday listening watchy Lin always keep its watching.
Speaker 3: And now you're hosts Cliff Barrickman and James Bubo Fay.
Speaker 4: Hey, everybody, welcome to Big Fing and Beyond with us Cliff and Bubo and Matt. We're all lurking around here somewhere in our various corners of the continents. How are you doing, Bubo and Matt h Cliff. It's Cliff and Bubbo and that and Matt parentheses Cliff and Bobo and capital letters and Matt in all in all lower case.
Speaker 3: That's exactly.
Speaker 4: I'm just happy to be here, which is so funny because like the show would be such garbage without you, just like that, we owe everything to you, Matt.
Speaker 2: It's like recyclable. It's not pure garbage.
Speaker 4: Oh no, this is like the worst kind of It would be like human feces wrapped in plastic or something like that, sent to the burn pile without Matt Pruitt.
Speaker 3: You guys are doing me a service because it's really hard to not talk for an hour being on a call with you guys. So I did that for five years.
Speaker 4: Bobo and I always talking when you're not in the room about how you need to talk more.
Speaker 3: You were missed at squadh Fest, Bobo. A lot a lot of people asked about you. We received a lot of pigeon related gifts. There was a lot of pigeonry going on, but lots of people were asking, like, is Bobo here? Is Bobo here? Is he going to be here? So you were definitely there in spirit. We should have set up the life sized cardboard cutout with the iPad and just had your FaceTime.
Speaker 2: Oh I got that, I still got I just remember that. I don't know where it is, you know, I don't have it still. I had it till very recently. Maybe I gave it away. I had that fold out thing that made me the It's like a it's like a stand like the Tripod stand, and there's like a seven foot and a half seven half foot aluminum cheft comes up, stands up out of it, and then attached is a roll up thing of blow I s put up at the of my picture at the conferences. It's like a seven foot tall bows.
Speaker 4: Like a window shade or something that he'd pull down, but opposite it goes up. Yeah, we could have used that.
Speaker 3: If we had that with a FaceTime thing, we could have our own Robo Bobo.
Speaker 4: Robo Bobo.
Speaker 2: Don't know the difference. That's a funny Thinker said.
Speaker 4: No one will know the difference. Oh, he loves you.
Speaker 2: Did you learn anything new?
Speaker 4: No, I mean I didn't because I didn't have a chance to see anybody else's presentation.
Speaker 3: I learned what Cliff is like when he's seething inside. I know that is he's indistinguishable from when he's happy and at peace. The only members heard that story. Our main listeners haven't heard that story.
Speaker 4: Should we tell it now?
Speaker 3: I think so because Bobo would get a kick out of it.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, it's a check this out both. So in the morning on Saturday, right before Squatch Fests, we decided, uh, you know, Matt and I were saying at the same hotel. Ken Gerhart was saying at the same hotel, and this guy named Kevin, one of Matt's friends. I'd never met before, but cool guy. I liked him a lot. So we decide to go to Denny's or whatever in the you know, in the parking lot before we head over to the venue. We have to be there at nine, right, So I figured eight o'clock. That's plenty of time. We'll be there early, no problem at all. So we go over to Denny's and we have we have a meal, you know, and then then on the way out, Matt was going to pay for my meal, which is very very nice of him, very very generous. Right, So I just kind of just go out to the car. I'm going to go warm up the car and get things going here, and so it'll be nice and warm and cozy when those guys hop in, and we'll all go to the venue together, all four of us, right, And so I go over there. I'm in my car and I turn it on and it's cold. It's like twenty something, twenty six or twenty eight or something. It's cold, and it's icy. It's all fogged in or not even fogged in. It's just like ice over, you know. So we're kind of waiting for everything to dethaught and all that sort of stuff, and I'm waiting for the guys to come out, and pretty soon Ken and Matt come out and get in the car. But Kevin's not there, and I figured out, okay, well, probably need to use rescue or something. And a few minutes later, still going and thinking, oh, you must have to take a dump, right, So I'm like waiting.
Speaker 2: Oh, he's getting around with you. I thought, oh, so it wasn't just right there, you can. Oh the venue wasn't right there.
Speaker 4: Now, the venue wasn't right there. It was like a six minute drive, you know. And we got up from the table at like eight forty eight. So okay, we're gonna be right on time basically after I park and all that sort of stuff. So okay, cool, Well, okay, well, so I guess Kevin's taking a dump and I'm waiting, and like pretty soon it's it's it's eight fifty five, and I'm thinking, oh, shoot, man, we're gonna be a couple minutes late.
Speaker 3: That sucks.
Speaker 4: And then like waiting and stuff, and pretty soon it's it's nine and I'm thinking, oh, man, he's making it's late. What's up with that? He must be sick?
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: This sucks, you know, And then like nine oh five comes, it comes and goes, and I'm just like going, what the hell's up with this guy?
Speaker 2: Irove off.
Speaker 4: Well, I would, I would, I was. I was pretty I was getting real pissed because I don't like to be late, you know, like I like it. It's one thing, Bobus, if you're late and we're waiting for you, that doesn't bother me anymore world friends. But if I'm late, that pisses me off. Pisses me off, you know. Then I'm thinking, what the hell's wrong with this guy? You know, like that, why am I Why am I being unprofessional now in the eyes of the people who hired me to go speak because of this guy's intestinal problems, And I'm just like fuming, and it's building and building, you know, and like I'm getting pissed. Man, I'm getting really pissed in Well, I guess I'll head it over to Matt. I guess.
Speaker 3: So yeah, so uh, I guess Cliff didn't hear it. But when we were getting in the vehicle, Kevin was like, Hey, I'm going to drive my own car over to squatch Fest, so I'm just going to walk back to the hotel from denny They're like, okay, that's cool. So we go have breakfast at Denny's and then as I'm getting up to pay. I didn't realize Cliff had already gone outside to warm up the car, and Kevin reiterated, hey, guys, i'll see a squashfest. I'm going to walk back to the hotel and get my car and drive it over there. Like okay, cool man. So like Ken and I pay our tabs, we go sit in the car and we're just sitting there in silence, and Cliff's kind of like half smiling, just staring straight ahead, and I'm watching the ice melt off his windows, and I'm looking around and like the ice kind of melts. I was like, after a few minutes, like Cliff said, I keep looking at the clock and inching closer than nine. And I finally was like, hey man, I think the windows are pretty clear, and Clips like, oh, yeah, they're clear. I can see. I was like, okay, cool. So we'll wait a couple of minutes. So I'm like, oh, he's waiting on something else. So I look out the back and it's a little opaque looking, so I was like, oh, are you waiting on the back to d ice, He's like, no, no, no, it's it's not icy. That's just a little bit of dust that the sunlight's hitting that's why it looks. And I was like, okay, He's like, yeah, I'm cool to drive. So I look back down to get it. I keep looking at Cliff. He's just kind of smiling, staring straight ahead, calmly. And finally I was like, so, what are we waiting on? And he was like, I'm waiting on your friend, dude, I've been waiting on him this whole time, and so Ken and I were like, oh, dude, he walked back to the hotel like fifteen minutes ago.
Speaker 4: So I got all bent out of shape and all tighten and not over nothing. Man, it took me like half hour to release all that stress.
Speaker 2: I lost it.
Speaker 3: Kin was like, I wondered, what the hell you're waiting on? So we were all just three sitting in silent peace, wondering why we were late. For fifteen minutes of limited separate realities. Ken and I were the frogs in the boiling pot of cliffs Anger.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because it's not easy to make me mad, but when I'm mad, I stay mad. Like you know, when I'm happy, I stay happy. It takes a long time for me to get anywhere, and by the time I'm there, gosh, darted, I'm going to stay there. So it took me like a half hour for me to like let all that stuff go.
Speaker 3: It was pretty hilarious because, like I said, you would never if you just looked at Cliff, you would have think he was just like peaceful and happy. I thought, like, oh, he's just a really conscientious driver. He just does not want to drive this two miles with any ice on the windows.
Speaker 4: Well, the barometric press pressure was off. There's no way I could drive in this situation.
Speaker 3: Exactly. It was a good time though. We had a good time. You were very missed. A lot of people asked about you. Our good friend Wes Germer. We went hung out with him.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I was gonna say. I know.
Speaker 4: Wes was gone twice really because Matt Prude did the event at the museum on Thursday, and West showed up right before Matt spoke and had him over at the house. We had a little fire or whatever. And of course I don't know if Wes listens all the time, but of course Wes fell in love with Sochi my dog.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's what he said. I heard his podcast.
Speaker 4: Oh really, Oh that's what he talked about her.
Speaker 2: I heard maybe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, now he refers to Sochi as his dog.
Speaker 2: Oh, you should give it to her now, she's like full of vet bills.
Speaker 4: No, no, no.
Speaker 2: I'm so Chi.
Speaker 4: I belonged to soci more than she belongs to me.
Speaker 3: There was a fan who brought us some pretty rad little wind up pigeon toys. So now your sculpted Bobo, haad, your representation in the museum has a pigeon on its shoulder, Bobo.
Speaker 2: Oh awesome. Ye I was at a flock of the pigeons this last week and yeah, I know you guys know that we have the same thing to the audience hip. But yeah, my dad, Fireball passed away, and so we had his memorial celebration of life on Saturday. How was that, man, Yeah, Barton and the Yams were there. They can kill you in on it. It was pretty awesome. It was. We got about fifty comments and notes and cards saying I felt like I should have paid for a stand up comedy show ticket for that because everyone was telling Fireball stories.
Speaker 4: No, that's good. How's your mom doing.
Speaker 2: She's taking it tough, but she's you know, she's got to pull through, so she's just plugging away.
Speaker 4: I love me some Alice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a lot she's getting a lot of love and a lot of people stopping by, like there was tons of food getting dropped off as usual, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, And of course you know we've kind of been covering for you a little bit on the podcast and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: And so now that everybody knows what the reason was, I hope all the people who tried to make you feel guilty about it feel like crap?
Speaker 2: Did people try to make you feel guilty? I didn't even know.
Speaker 4: Here's Bobo. How come he's done bib blah blah. That's not the same did you do?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, go suck it now, you know. Hope you feel bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we didn't say anything, did he want? You know, when people are asking where you were and say, oh, you know, Bobo had obligations, So now they'll they'll understand. But I do encourage people because you know, I hadn't seen all the old Finding Bigfoot episodes and so not that long ago, maybe two or three weeks ago, Emily and I watched the Bulbo's Backyard episode, so we could see Bart and heavy Metal Pat and obviously Fireballs in that episode, So people should definitely go watch that. I loved getting to see that after all these years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good one. Yeah, but he was he had just slowed down that point. It just had like his heart procedure, and I think he was to see he was probably geez like seventy eight seventy nine when that was filmed, like he kind of started slow down and it turned like seventy five sixty really slowed down it. Before that, he was rocking hard.
Speaker 3: There's some amazing baby photos of you in that episode two bro, when.
Speaker 2: I'm super fat. That one where I'm holding a little ball.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's like a black and white one.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, that's my pride and joy. You should be proud.
Speaker 3: It's an epic photo.
Speaker 2: My mom won like a case of diapers. I was the biggest baby born at the hospital that month. You look at that photo, you also understand the story about when I was two years old, I got my first haircut. Can never give me a haircut because I was just so like just screaming and kicking and like just going crazy. They couldn't hold me down. I get a haircut. Then my mom realized that she just kept sticking Eminem's in my mouth. I sit still so they could cut my hair. And she took me to the barber and she went through a pound of Eminems and they were like over halfway down at the haircut. Then they had to she had to stop and run down to the store and get another pound of Eminems and bring them back and keep shoving into my mouth so I could finish the haircut. So that photo makes a lot more sense.
Speaker 3: Then now we know how to deal with can't take ris Bobo in the future.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well, we never record in the same room. If only we did, I'd have Eminem's on hand all the time.
Speaker 3: Well, you've got an inside woman, You've got contacts with Krita, so you could bet Karita have a pound of Eminem's on hand.
Speaker 4: Oh that's right, that's right.
Speaker 3: Hey.
Speaker 4: Speaking of which, you know, like, as we're recording this, it's like the last week of January. Are we are we doing the women Folk on the podcast for Valentine's Day this year?
Speaker 3: Yes, we do, so that Thursday, I think is the thirteenth, the day before Valentine's Day, So that'll be a special members on the episode that will come out on that Thursday. And so members will get a chance to ask questions of the significant others for the second year in a row.
Speaker 4: Now that's cool. Now do we hang out or we just like let them loose and then this prey.
Speaker 2: No, we got to correct them all the time.
Speaker 3: No, no, I don't know.
Speaker 4: A quorum is two out of three of us, I think.
Speaker 3: So for those of you who are non members, what we did last time is like each of us sat with the significant other like around one microphone each. So Cliff and Melissa were at Cliffs Bobo and Create at Bobo's, and Emily and I at my house. So and I had all the questions submitted blind, you know, so I would pop them in the chat and then we'd go around the table as members were asking questions of the significant others. You know, every question was for all three, like what's the most endearing thing about your man? What's the most embarrassing thing your man does? And it was quite hilarious. So if you want to hear that old episode or hear the upcoming one and maybe get your question asked, sign up for five dollars a month, folks, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, how much brother? They asked. All the regular questions got asked already. No.
Speaker 3: I think when people hear, especially some of your stories, every one of your stories generates like a new five hundred questions.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bobo will be right back after these messages.
Speaker 2: You know, I was thinking that because my brother was telling some two forty was telling stories that, uh, you're just giving the eulogy at my dad's deal.
Speaker 4: Is your brother's name?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I've known you for how long? And I don't think I've ever known that your brother's name is two forty, although I have to admit I don't know what your brother's name is.
Speaker 2: Four.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, I mean your dad's name is Fireball too. Yeah, so I guess it makes sense. So why is his name two forty?
Speaker 2: In high school he weighed two hundred and forty pounds.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, I guess all right? Sure, anyway, two forty he was at the eulogy.
Speaker 2: He told a couple of stories that I forgot I was even involved in, probably for the best. Yeah. One involved uh filonious act, no charges pressed, allegedly, No, it was you know, I was thinking, like, for the next Bobo storytell I could have him do that one.
Speaker 3: It would be good if there's anyone to share now, because it has been a long time since we've done a Bobo storytime. People ask about it on a regular basis way gather around. It's Boomo story, Dude. He's going to see some things that all Boo classic. Anc He's flying, He's going a kid kill me high.
Speaker 2: For your once again Boobo story.
Speaker 3: Any description of felonious or criminal activity is being told here strictly for entertainment purposes, and is in no way admission of guilt or even true for that matter.
Speaker 2: Our friend, our buddy Dredd dread Tread in forty, Yeah, he was. His mom was super sweet. She actually just passed away last week. He's my buddy Dread that works for Little Lakers. But anyways, we were in Palm Springs and we were like the other, like my older brother, and all the older kids were like old enough to go out and party whatever. They left us behind. And I think, yeah, I remember there was an eighth forty was an eighth grade. I was a sophomore and our Dread's mom, missus Kelly, rented us a golf cart to go out and play golf, and we didn't know how to golf, so we just went out there and just he goes, yeah about the fourth hole. There was no roof on the cart because Bill would rolled it twice. And then at the end we came walking back like an hour late, hour and a half late because I was driving crazy and I drove it into I crashed into the creek and the cart ended up two feet underwater, and like you know, the electrons goot fly Friday was elect electric cart and and then forty those guys like we're busted. I was like, no, we're not. We're we're going to sue these guys for faulty breaks and a defective cart. Thing's a piece of crap. And so I went down there and I was yelling about how we were suing and all this stuff, and missus Kelly didn't find out about it. Nothing like no charge on our credit card, nothing like, we never heard anything more about it. But it should have been like, well, I crashed it off the off the course too, so it could have been like a theft and destruction charge over over thousand dollars. As a philony that was like a five thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Card that was just a harbinger of things to come with your rental question.
Speaker 4: Yeah, one of the things that a lot of people probably don't know about your dad, Fireball, is that he would take kind of like ne'er do wells, like kids in the juvenile justice system and all that sort of stuff on, like work patrols and like kind of set him straight out of like tough love and stuff. And he was this this this well of unending tough love for people much like you, like these nerdy Wells out now doing stuff. And it sometimes it occurs to me that if you were caught or prosecuted or any you had some sort of legal consequence for any of these dozens and dozens and dozens of actions that you took, you'd have just ended up with your dad.
Speaker 2: Hey, no, you won't. I'll kill it before you make it that far.
Speaker 4: That's your dad's voice. I know that's that's you're doing your dad's voice there, right.
Speaker 2: He had a scared it up that that happened. And yeah, he had the worst kids in La County.
Speaker 4: Like, do mean you in ten forty or whatever your brother's name is.
Speaker 2: No, No, the camp like it was like the worst one hundred and fifty kids in La County on that were like murderers and all this stuff, but they weren't. They weren't. They hadn't got for something bad enough. They committed the same crimes as the kids in Cy. But the Youth Authority which is the prison system of youths in California, which is like super and they say the way deadlier and way and earlier than regular like even like San Quentin and stuff. But he had like kids like equivalent of that, and they were unarmed camp They only had like like you know, maybe seven or eight staff members working in like one hundred and fifty you know, gang bangers and whatever.
Speaker 4: So the staff was unarmed, but the clients probably weren't.
Speaker 2: So they had fireball was classic d he'd it was up in the mountains and they're almost all almost all were inner city kids, like U. Seventy of them never even been to the beach. They lived in La County. But anyways, he would show them, like he had a VCR tape of like national geographic like crocodiles snatching buffaloes and grizzly bears tearing up moose and stuff like that. He'd show it to the new kids and be like if you get out of here at night. This is what's gonna get if you had down this. If you guys stick, there's no fences up in the mountains. Whip in the mountains like seventy five hundred feet elevation, and so they get snow and stuff, and they'd get black bears would come in all the time, and they'd leave a little garbage oop by the dumpsters. So the bears would come in because it would scare the crap out of the kids. They wouldn't run away. They had like maybe three attempt to skate escape attempts in like twenty something years he was there, twenty five years whatever, and none of them, none of them made it. But yeah, fireballs. And then he'd play basketball at the ball and they loved him, like because we asked him, We say, fire Ball, aren't you worried about these kids? Like, aren't you worried with them? Like you guys throat and you sleep, and he is, there's a riot. I'll be fine. They'll bring me a book in a chair and a blanket. Told me to kick back while they get the rest of these guys. Because he wasn't worried about what he was but once we were at the Forum. This was like when the Lakers were like, you know, the greatest whatever showtime Lakers, like in the late eighties. It's probably like eighty eight, probably eighty seven, eighty eight. And we were walking through the concourse with my dad. He always was a little IRUs, not nervous, but he'd always keep his eye when we were like in situations like Dodger Stadium or something like that where we might see people from his kids, from his work, and uh, we're walking through and here comes like these ten twelve bloods and there's these dudes and this one guy in front of it, like mister Peanut, Like he had a giant top hat on. He had a golden crusted cane, and they were all wearing like Laker warm up suits, like you know, like the like the official team ones. And uh and he had a Laker's warm jersey warm up suit fashioned into a custom tuxedo, and so a couple of other guys then they had like you know, diamond and gold bracelets and you know, red rags tied around their head, you know, like like mixed it with like you know, their blood, you know, signs. And we were walking and Farmer goes, oh, you guys. Keep He's kind of like, you know, I kind of hesitated for something. Also here, mister Faye, mister Fay. They come running up. They're like, you know, hugging in and like doing like those handslap you know, hellos, like like some weird form of patty cakes, you know, like backhands, slap it and up high, down low and snapping fingers, you know, like that whole thing. Fire Ball do all that stuff, and they're just going, oh man, this is your signs is your sons. He goes, yeah, this is my boys, and and they're all yoh man, like they're hugging us and saying like, what's up. And then they emphasize several times anyone ever asked your family, anyone ever asked us faith you let us know, will kill them. We'll kill them anyone messes with him or like I was like, oh, good to know, good to know, thanks guys. Yeah. So yeah, that was just like one of the Fireball Fireball deals.
Speaker 4: Fireball is the best man, like like a god amongst men.
Speaker 2: He was.
Speaker 4: He really was, He really was. You know those times I've had to just hanging out with them, and he came out of the road. I don't remember where we were, but I remember hanging out with him for hours in like the the lobby of the Big Bear. Big Bear, Is that where it was. I guess it makes sense. It were dripping up or something. The best man. Love that guy.
Speaker 3: Just love them.
Speaker 4: So, Bobo, do you think that dealing with troubled youth, you know, like the youth that are in trouble with the law and kind of ne'er do wells, Which I don't say that is a bad thing, by the way, because the bad kids in my class were always my faves in a lot of ways when I was a teacher. But do you think that dealing with them helped him raise you? Or do you think that raising you helped him deal with them?
Speaker 2: Oh, he was dealing with those guys before we were born.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, So he just kind of sculpted you into one of them.
Speaker 3: See. I think it's like natural selection, you know, where the environment shapes the animals that evolve in it. So I think because Bobo was he evolved in an environment with like a hyper vigilant person who knew how to deal with troubled youth. Bobo's evolution was like to be undetectably like Boba is like a more advanced life form of wild man, you know what I mean, because he already had watchful eyes on him, so he had to be more cautious. You're like, what of those bugs that evolved to look like a leaf so other things wouldn't eat? That's what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good funt for good point.
Speaker 4: A lot of people say that Bobo's like one of those bugs had evolved to look like a leaf.
Speaker 2: If I had a nickel for a time, I heard that.
Speaker 4: You'd have like three bucks, which is pretty good if you're if your if your currency is nickels.
Speaker 3: So you did get whooped a lot, so you fireball call you a few times?
Speaker 2: Oh dude, all the time. Not all the time, but a lot.
Speaker 3: What was the what was the worst whooping? You think? What was the thing that he was like, Okay, this can't slide. That might be a good Bobo story time.
Speaker 2: When I got kicked out of Catholic school in seventh grade.
Speaker 3: See, I haven't even heard that story.
Speaker 2: I got the wooden spoon. We were sitting in class and I love books, you know, but we were on the second floor and uh, I forget what brought it on. But I was just like, there's like a cyclopeda is there and I love the encycle the video, but I just sit there. I was like about the window, it is like a nice sunny day. And then none was turned around writing on the board. I just took a secondpedia to throw it out the window, and there's like this flopping sound, you know, and she turned around and then a snack when it hit the cement down below, and so I kept doing that. I ended up throwing like thirty thirty five books out the window. Yeah, so there was a pile down below. Then the janitor was like, what the hell? We heard it done below? What the hell? Because one came down when he was downe and almost hit him. So I got kicked out and then the Headnne sister of Gloria, booted me. And my mom was the fifth grade teacher there, so she was fortified. My dad had to come from take off work and come get me, and he was whenever he had to come if we got suspended or I got suspended, since my brothers never did. That was like the word like you knew you were going to get your ass beat with the wooden spoon.
Speaker 4: The spoon's the worst man. I'd rather have a belt than a spoon.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah. So then the compromise he made for me to go back to schools that that was the the end of the year. It was like September. I had to sit in a supply room the whole seventh grade year. They've made in the supply room closet. It's a big room. Wasn't really a closet. It was like out the size of a classroom. And some of the dads that were contractors when they remodeled the school that had end of the school, they it was the principal's office, and they split the principal's office in half and made half the supply room. But they they framed the whole thing out and put in like all the ducting and electrical and piping and all that before they measured the doorway, and so her big principal's desk couldn't fit through, so it was in a supply room closet. So that became my id. They gave me a little desk, so I just instantly switched out to make my desk. So I sent this whole semester in the supply room. I had a copy machine in there. I was copying off ice cream tickets for we got for lunch, been selling them for a dime. I was selling liquid paper bottles like a quarter. And then I had boxes and boxes of paper clips and rubber bands and stuff, and I was we'd always do those paper clip fights, you know, th rubber bands when you cut them and you break them in half and make them like little v's and you so I Coo would be walking through the hallways and snipe out him like everyone everyone remembers that, walking out of the hallway and snap like all of sudden, getting whizzed by a half paper clip. You know it's done. And so yeah, I was in the supply room for a whole year, and I had a TV in there, I'd plug in.
Speaker 4: Doesn't sound like much of a punishment, honestly.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Only Bobo can turn solitary confinement into like a business opportunity.
Speaker 4: An opportunity to do more mischief.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But then I was grounded that whole time too. I didn't go to the beach once that summer.
Speaker 3: And that was seventh grade, So you clearly stopped your antics after that point, right, I.
Speaker 4: Learned my lessons scared straight man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's all straight and narrow from then on out.
Speaker 2: I thought you might jump into the the old locomotive of the I showed the pit, the scene, old locomotive, the locomotion, the abulation.
Speaker 4: Oh you want to talk about that? Yeah, because theoretically this is kind of a topical episode. Even though those kind of news to all of us, including all of all three of us around the table here, this is a topical episode where you know, Cliff and Bobo and Matt hangout and talk about various news items that caught over attention over the last say month or something like that. Altho, we've been doing these a little bit more frequently, like every six weeks or so. Is that about right?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I say that's about right, because you know, in the beginning, we were just kind of loosely paying attention to when articles would come in and we'd pop one or two over, and so it would take a while from them to accumulate. But lately it's like, you know, every month, we've got like eight or ten or twelve, depending on you know, how many news items pop up. So it's been more frequent just to cover everything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't mind a bit because you know, I'd read the news pretty much every day, and you know, I like the paleoanthropological stuff to kind of pull my head away from the nonsensical politics crap that's out there, and you know, the division and this guy's a bad guy, and that's on your side and this my side, that side, whatever politics, man, anybody, you know what, if you believe in either side, they've already got you. You've already lost up theirs up ours. So yeah, so whenever we can take a look at the news and look at some good things, you know, Australia Pittes scenes or this fossil find or that fossil find or this sort of ecological study, it's a good it's a good day. So we have a couple of those right now, and Boba, do you want to go? Do you want to start with the australa Pittes scenes weren't good runners? Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that sounds it was pretty cool to who wasn't those guys, just as there was recent study. But the Australia pithic is at forensis, which was Lucy, the famous Lucy. They think with these new modern three D bottling techniques and Musco skeletal simulations. They're able to explore how Lucy's body moved. They've uncovered new critical details about the evolution of human running. And surprisingly, we always thought they must be good runners because they were so bustle bound, but they really weren't there. They were slower. So guess their top speed was approximately eleven miles an hour, significantly slower than we are.
Speaker 4: Well speak for yourself, bobus, you're very, very fast.
Speaker 3: I've seen Bobo do multiple takes running in front of a car going fifty five miles an hour and outrun it every time, so I can attest to this.
Speaker 4: Bobo is astonishingly fast, even like when you know when an age was creeping up on us, and I remember several times like then, you don't know this. You don't know this, Bobo, but a couple of times when you had to go do things and like I was hanging out with Hammel or whatever while you were doing various takes of things with Dana. They either are camera people and funny bag. But several times, now, kid you not, Chad. Chad turned to me and said, holy crap, he's really fast. I said, yeah, it's the bows Man.
Speaker 3: When we were filming that scene, I remember one of the Ping Pong people telling me they were like, dude, this is like not even stunt guys do this. They were like, this is his super qualified stunt work. And if this was a union shoot or whatever, there's no way they would let this happen.
Speaker 2: I was heard about logging boots and it was darker and Dae driving and Rendee driving. That's the scape righterst we just do. That was before we do. Renee wasn't was like a terrible driver before she had those crashes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but we knew Matt. We knew Matt was a driver. I'm not going to say a terrible driver, because he's not.
Speaker 2: He's awesome.
Speaker 4: Matt Moneymaker is a very good driver. He rarely hits anything and and and you know there's that thing in the UK episode where he clips something and we don't know what it was and all that stuff. But yeah, so we didn't want Matt to drive. We figured, ouh, Renee, she'll be conservative like now, We just didn't know any better at the time. Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bogo. We'll be right back after these messages. Okay, well anyway, but back to the article at least. Yeah, so apparently Lucy, remember now Lucy and Australio Pithecus af forensis, which is what Lucy was, They were tiny. They were like three or four feet tall, so eleven miles per hour for a you know, a three and a half foot four foot tall chimpanzee, man woman. I guess in this case, I think that's pretty good. I don't, I don't mind it. I think that's pretty good. And of course, the real clincher for me, at least in this article isn't so much that Lucy was slower, because in a way you can almost expect it because she is so tiny and stuff. And you know, when you look at an animal, you can tell a lot about what they do. Like human beings, we have the same number of hair follicles pretty much more or less as all the other Grade eight species, which and one could presume all the hominin species that come before us as well, right, but we don't have hair growing out of all of our follicles anymore. And you know, if you want to count them to take a shower, get out of the shower, look down right, And every one of those goosebumps on you is a hair follicle. Now you may not have hair coming out of them anymore, but they are in full state, full of pilo erection at that point, standing on in. That's what that's what a goosebumps is. If you were covered in hair, they'd all be standing straight up, right, That's what pelo erection is. So if you look down, those were all hair follicles. So we don't have those anymore. That's because our ancestors shed them for so heat can escape. So we didn't die of heat exhaustion as we ran across the African plains because our ancestors were persistence hunters, you know. And that basically means that you know, like if we look at that goat, and I, like most of us, soon we see a goat, we go that goat looks delicious, I'd like to eat it, and so one of us would start chasing it, and then eventually we'd get tired, and we kind of tagged team our friend or our family member or our tribe member in and then they would chase the goat. And then when that person got tired, then they would tag team that person and etcetera, etcetera, etcetera. So the humans were essentially giving ourselves breaks where we didn't have to run, but the goat never got a break. And then the goat or whatever prey item it was would eventually kind of collapse out of exhaustion. We would fall upon it and reacavioc and kill it and eat it essentially. So that's why we have lost our hair covering because we were designed human Homo sapiens, and perhaps some of our ancestors. We don't know, because we don't have any you know, evidence necessarily of it. We kind of assume some things. We assume Homo erectus was not hair covered, but how do we know. We really have no idea, I think at this point. So and if I'm wrong, please email the podcast with some sort of like articles so I can read and learn about it. But humans don't have that hair covering anymore, so we can radiate the heat out to the environment. That's also, by the way, why we have our foot structure like it is with the arch. You know that arch there is actually made to absorb some of the shock of running for long distances and also give us a little bit extra like spring toward step. That's humans are designed for that. And when you look at australopithesceenes, they simply aren't. They simply aren't. They are pretty robust a lot of them, even the more grass sile ones. You know that they've got a pretty pear shaped body for the most part because of their pelvic shape, you know, which which suggests or actually we know that it increases the mass per surface area. They many of these species very likely had a flexible foot that have any sort of arch. There's some debate about that. I think a lot of paleoanthropologists look at the data and say that no, they had an arch. And I know that as there's a bias out there because from what I understand last thing I heard, and I could be wrong, like there are zero or very very very very very close to zero homoerectus. Maybe I'm wrong about this, in which case I'm sure I'll hear about it. But they but textbooks actually say that home erect has had an arch without any evidence whatsoever. So I know there's some sort of bias out there. These ostralopithesnes, some of them they say had arches. But I kind of wonder about it and the fact that they are covered in hair, or you assume they're covered in hair. I guess they probably were. I think at that point implies that they're not made for that they're not made for this fast running thing. You know, they had a different ecological niche, and I guess that's what really this is highlighting. Even though the title the headline is they don't run fast, I think the real headline is they serve a different ecological niche, which brings us back to sasquatch well.
Speaker 2: And also but on the running cliff, it says they're running required Lucy to expand one point seven to three times more energy than a modern human, making her locomotion far less efficient.
Speaker 4: Right, So therefore she probably wouldn't have used it as often, which comes around to the ambush predator model that people have like Matt Prout, for example, has put forth for the Sasquatch Well.
Speaker 3: I think one of the big takeaways for me is that it just goes to show that bipedalism is not a one size fits all. You know, there's evolution didn't select for one form of bipedalism, not even in upright apes or homin ins, let alone hominids or hominoids, et cetera, and that we're evolved, we're selected for very different things Australia pith scenes in US, and so yes, we're both bipedal, but not in the same way, even in the slightest when it comes down to the minutia of some of these things, that there's many different selection pressures at play here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it makes perfect sense, you know. And when you look at the anatomy of an animal, which is basically kind of all we have for Australio pitho scenes, we have the anatomy and we have some tools that were retrieved out of layers at a certain age, and therefore it could be guessed that Australia pithe scenes may have made these kinds of tools, which would be super interesting because Ostralla pithe scenes were basically, as far as we know, chimpanzees that walked up right, you know, And so if these things were making tools because they had free use of their upper limbs or arms. In other words, it's very very interesting what other animals currently alive today, like regular chimpanzees, might be capable of if they could free themselves up a little bit. But when you look at the anatomy, it tells you a lot about how an animal lived. Leela, Leela what's her last name, you know, the the ericson Project Leela Hodgschick. Yeah, yeah, yeah. I was hanging out with her in Portland years and years and years ago. She was presenting a paper I guess as some conference that was in Towent and she called me and we went out and had lunch or dinner or something and hung out, very very informative, very very cool, and she said some snappy catch line that I don't remember, and I wish I did, but basically the gist of her snatchy cap line was, you know, if you look at an animal and you look how they're built, it'll tell you what they were doing. And we were specifically talking about how sasquatch is intermemberble indexes were larger or you know, the arms are longer than in the humans, you know, for example, and therefore it's reasonable to think that they may have been using their arms for locomotion to some to some degree at the time. And she says, oh, yeah, well they say this, you know, anatomy reflects behavior or whatever. The catch line was, I don't remember what it was at the time. So we do that a lot with these fossil species, you know. And so now that they've used this three D modeling then simulation software, I guess it's no surprise at all that Oshalla patikas a forensis wasn't made for doing the same thing that humans were.
Speaker 3: Oh exactly. Yeah, But bipedalism is not a hallmark of humanity alone. And you know, these evolutionary adaptations are not just byproducts of epedalism. Like just walking upright doesn't give you a single outcome. It can result in many different outcomes. And this is a great example of one that's different from ours.
Speaker 2: Word.
Speaker 4: So when somebody says word to your mother, what word are they talking about?
Speaker 3: Hey, tell your mom, I said hi in a suggestive way. That's why. That's why it's a diss when people say word to your mother.
Speaker 4: Well, it's a disc it's not a good thing.
Speaker 2: It's a good thing, is it word to your mother? Yeah?
Speaker 3: We'll ask of Vanilla Ice.
Speaker 4: When is he going to be on as a guest.
Speaker 3: I don't know. He's probably not terribly busy.
Speaker 2: The whoa dude, Rob's got stuff going on.
Speaker 3: He might be a fan. If you're listening, Rob, send us an email.
Speaker 2: I love the ice it goes by Rob van Winkle.
Speaker 3: Now, he was also in the second teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle's live action movie, so he's got some familiarity with creature suits and anthropomorphic animals and so he's got a lot to say.
Speaker 2: Dude, the guy's a badass dancer. He could sing. He's a sick dirt bike rider.
Speaker 3: He is a sick bike rider. That is true.
Speaker 4: It becomes on. I hope that everything he says rhymes.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm sure the word to your mother was around for a long time, but I don't think that made it to like rural North Georgia until Ice Ized Baby hit two.
Speaker 4: Thousand and five, the way after it was cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly. You guys got it a little earlier in so Cow, but in North Georgia it took Ice Sized Baby before kids in North Georgia started saying it.
Speaker 2: Cable TV and then especially the Internet ruined like California being cool. Besides that, but I mean, like how like the wrestling country would be so far behind because like once like MTV hit, like styles would pop out like overnight, like cross country, you know.
Speaker 3: That's why. Maybe that's why we had a hard time believing that you invented wearing your pants low or hanging crevices because we assumed it was ubiquitous. But since you were an early adopter, you might really have invented it.
Speaker 2: Oh the pigeons tell yeah, dude, hanging crevices.
Speaker 3: And Hi Buddha, chest bump, belly bump.
Speaker 2: Yeah, got videographic evidence of that. Right after that was I think you can trace it to the Oakland A's. And then my brother was good friends with Mike Diegos. His brother, Chris Goegos, was on his team at UC Irvine baseball team, and those guys started doing the high Buddha and I'm thinking they got it from from the Bows and Buford.
Speaker 3: I think these top tier athletes were sitting around watching Kidty Loggins music videos and then decided to co opt one of the moves from the number one.
Speaker 2: Video of the country, number one video in the country.
Speaker 4: Four weeks pro playing with the boys, yep, and still a fan favored in all gay bars across the country.
Speaker 2: You're immortal in the At the Millennium in two thousand and they came out with a list of that the most remixed songs and gig gay bars, and we were at number two after its raining men, you've.
Speaker 4: Been to gay bars?
Speaker 2: Right? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Remember I don't remember going through a gay bar with you. Yeah, with Renee on the road, I don't remember that. Oh me and I don't mean money and like I think grabs were there.
Speaker 4: And yeah, I don't remember going to a gay bar in the road.
Speaker 3: It does say even on Wikipedia. The song was a hit among gay nightclubs. Spin Magazine's interviewer Jonathan Cohen called it quote a sort of gay anthem. Yeah that Loggins performs the song for the video in the middle of a men versus women indoor volleyball game. The women won by fifteen to thirteen.
Speaker 2: I do. That's that's how I found out it was a big deal. I was with Renee and I think we were in North Carolina. I can't remember. We were at some gay bar and that song came on, and like halfway there, I was like, oh, I know this song. I'm on the video and the like it was like I was I couldn't buy a drink in that. Besides, you know, I probably couldn't anyways, because I was a handsome guy. But I was like a full celeb because I was the dude and I was one of the dudes and playing with the boys.
Speaker 3: If any of our listeners are are like adept at editing Wikipedia, will you please edit that entry to reflect that it also features James Bobofe of Finding Bigfoot and Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bobo. Because that's that's crucial info that needs to be on this Wikipedia entry.
Speaker 4: Oh that'd be fun. That'd be a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: It's factually true, there's it should be in there. Well, I will put the link to the video in the show notes yet again because it is a classic.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's fantastic.
Speaker 2: And I don't have a Wikipedia page to link to anyways.
Speaker 3: But that you could still put it in there. It can still at least be referenced.
Speaker 2: I thought you had a Oh okay, I thought you had to have like a page or.
Speaker 3: Something now because Finding Bigfoot has a wiki page, so it could just link to that James Bobo Fay of Finding Bigfoot and click it. You know, this is important information. You've been You've been ignored by history for far too long, and I'm not okay with it anymore.
Speaker 2: Someone's got to make me a Wikipedia page that has the have a just the footnote of Bigfoot and have it all be about playing with the boys.
Speaker 3: All the source material would just be of this podcast that would have all these wild plays about your life. And they'd be like, what are your sources? He'd be like, oh, episode two twenty three.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that. I think the world is sorely lacking a Bobo Fay Wikipedia page. I agree, Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bobo will be right back after these messages.
Speaker 3: How hard?
Speaker 2: Well, how do you get a page on it anything? I don't even know.
Speaker 4: I don't know. But the underneath where it tells me Matt doesn't exist on Wikipedias, his Finding Bigfoot, Bigfoot Field Research Organization founder and president, Matt Moneymaker, Bigfoot Enthusias and blah blah blah, James Fan Cliff, and then underneath it is Chris Moneymaker.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, poker.
Speaker 3: The Wikipedia says that your show is also starring besides you four, Paige Riley, Jane Namars, Naomi and Camille Breen are the other four stars of Finding Bigfoot.
Speaker 2: That's why he made the page.
Speaker 4: That's odd. There is a reference. There is a reference to Moneymaker on the Mountain Monsters Wikipedia page.
Speaker 2: Oh they got a wiki page. They do good for that, they deserve it.
Speaker 3: It's does say that James Bobo Fey was born and raised in Manhattan Beach, California. The tallest and burliest member of the team, he is the one most often used to stand in for Bigfoot and recreations. Fay is known for his gone squatch and hat. It does say he and Barrackman are close friends and search for Bigfoot together before the series started. It also mentions that you are on Conan and then in twenty fourteen, Boston Red Sox second basement Dustin Pedroia met you at Fenway Park before a game and gave you an autograph baseball bat with the Sasquatch logo on the bottom of it.
Speaker 2: That's cool, Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 4: They say there's a feud between the Finding Bigfoot people in the Mountain Monsters on their page. It says here that on April fifth, twenty fifteen, Matt Moneymaker of Finding Bigfoot tweeted that Mountain Monsters was scripted and the Ames team were merely actors. Trapper John Tice responded to the tweet, denying that he was an actor and referring to Moneymaker's show as losing Bigfoot. The online feud continued with Finding Bigfoot cast member Cliff Barrett Cliff Barrickman chiming in that the show is fiction and that the official Finding Bigfoot Twitter account calling Mountain Monsters a fake hoax show in regards to the series. Oh and the Final Wait is fiction and the official Finding Bigfoot Twitter account calling Mountain Monsters a fake hoax show in regards to this series. April twenty seven routine.
Speaker 3: I'm glad you brought this up because I was going to save it from the members episode. But literally four hours ago, a member messaged me and said, Hey, I have this question. I don't know whether I should ask it on the show or not, but I read this Wikipedia page and it mentions that there's a feud with the Mountain Monster guys. Is there any truth to this story at all? And so I said, well, I'll ask him. Doubt that it's true, because they're all good friends, but i'll ask. So here you go bringing it.
Speaker 2: Up before before we met him at the conventions, like I would, because dude, I got so many to by Page would get flooded with you guys are stupid. You gotta get to the Mountain Monsters. They find them every time.
Speaker 4: We're stupid, right, like you.
Speaker 2: Well one of they be like you ignorant, fool, lily jackass. But I'd just be like, yeah, well there's this fake like those I do they weren't actors just because there's no way they were actors like Tuffleberry and I mean, those guys are just you could tell they weren't actors no way.
Speaker 4: You know, I thought they were actors. And then I did a gig with them. You know, the Pennsylvania is something bigfoot camp out that Eric Altman does every couple of years or something. And the Mountain Monster guys when the booth next to me, and that's when I like, I kind of met him and talked to him a little bit, and I realized, oh my god, they're not actors, which which like which is? It's soll perplexing to this day because you know, sheep squatch, come on, guys, sheep squatch but doesn't exist, right, Yeah, And there's a lot of things out there that are going after that are just like local, local sort of you know, this particular hollow calls that sasquatch this name, you know, and they treat them like an entirely different things. And I don't know what. I don't know. I don't know what to think about the show. I think that basically, you have a bunch of really really awesome ridiculous people, you know, like like you and I are, by the way, you know, we're awesome ridiculous people. Not not you, Matt, but Bobo and I mostly Bobo, honestly. And I think they turn it up to eleven. That's what I think they do. They're they're put in these situations and they turn it up to eleven and let them loose and then the editors go to work. Essentially, that's what I think Mountain Monsters is. I don't know though, but the bottom line is they are all, every single one of them, absolutely wonderful gems of human beings. They are the kindest, sweetest, most humble, most appreciative people. I think probably probably I've ever met in my life. And that one, that one gig out there were there at the booth next to me, and I didn't really know him yet when I saw him singing Happy Birthday. Every single person that came by that was appropriate to sing Happy Birthday too, and treating every you know, little boy or girl as a king or a queen and just going over the top. And I said, yeah, there, show is ridiculous, and I think they probably realized that too, And you know, our show is ridiculous in other ways too. But when I saw that, I said, you know what, no matter what their show is, it is fantastic. And I've never seen one, to be fair, I'd never seen one at that point. And after I met him and started hanging out with him, and Melissa met him at some job or whatever, you know, we went back home and we watched Mountain Monster episode and I just laughed and laughed and laughed. There's nothing wrong with whatever they're doing. There's nothing wrong with it. And of course Melissa's take on it was that, oh my god, they're so supportive of one another.
Speaker 2: What do you mean.
Speaker 4: It's like, look like somebody says something and everybody else goes hell yeah, hell yeah, I start shooting guns and going in the woods and like brilliant, enthused about it. They're just supportive, loving, kind people. And I can honestly say now that I know every single one of them. I didn't know Trapper. He passed away unfortunately before I had a chance to really get to know him. I know every single one of them. I mean, wild Bill called me a couple of days ago and left a message. I'm not quite sure what it says, but he left a message. And now that I know every single one of them, they are all fantastic and whatever this feud thing is, it's it's hogwash because I just couldn't love me some mountain monsters any more than I do.
Speaker 2: And we have clear there's some at least fifteen times in the show before.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, here, actually you know what, let's do this. I think I still have wild Bill's message.
Speaker 2: Call him.
Speaker 4: No, that wasn't gonna call him. I was just going to play it. Yeah, here you go, Yeah, here we go. Hold on, say Clint.
Speaker 6: Bar when this is William the United States Ring Corps.
Speaker 4: Who rah, brother?
Speaker 6: Hey, I don't think I live on the last get out?
Speaker 4: Not about right now.
Speaker 3: We got about probably.
Speaker 6: Well, we had about probably three plus slow melted down probably too, but it's steel, sub glue, brow and stuff. But ice to sew your brother, Hey, I just call and see it balls. Well, many ain't seen you, simple but uh Kentucky.
Speaker 4: So it's gonna give me shout. Bro'll see how you doing. Man? Who balls?
Speaker 6: Well, Man, I'll probably be seeing you sometime in the near future. Have a good go up on Cliff who balls will brother who Rah we.
Speaker 4: Who rah Indeed, Man, I love that guy. I just love all those guys so much. Oh, he's so amazing. All those guys. So this bit fighting bigfoot feud whatever, you know, whatever, man, do I think there are shows, actual real stuff going. No, I don't, but whatever, man, it doesn't matter. These guys are gems of human beings, bringing entire new generations of young people into it. And you know, and what the funny part is the funny to me the most ridiculous or one of the most ridiculous things about this. Now that I know all those guys, every one of them, I think, except for Jeff, has seen a sasquatch. You know, Jeff's a great guy, love him. You know it had some of his moonshine. Actually one time, every one of them has seen a Well, now that I'm saying that, I'm not sure Buck has seen one, but I know he may have though, but I know he's found big footprints when he was out turkey hunting at one time. You know, we got to have Buck on the show, you know, he'd be a good guest for the show, I think too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he said he'd come on any time, and it's got to give him a call, man, So yeah, keep poking me about that. I'll try to get Buck on here. But yeah, every one of those guys has scenes wild Bill has seen a sasquatch, you know. Huckleberry I think has seen him twice. So of course they're going to be on some bigfood show doing their thing, you know. And again they're just themselves, they're not actors. They just turn it up to eleven and let them lose.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but their default setting is already like ten and a half.
Speaker 4: I know. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've reading the big Foot in Wikipedia, just Bigfoot, and there's finding big Foot stuff in there, but nothing about us personally. But then there's there are museums dedicated to big Foot and twenty nineteen big Foot reacharch or Clip Berrick, notable for his role in finding Bigfoot, open the North Berican big Foot Center and boring Oregon.
Speaker 4: No kidding, that's nice of them to put that in.
Speaker 2: Hey, Bill got me fired up. I'm all, like hearts popping harder and getting a little jittery.
Speaker 4: Well you should. I don't know if Bill, I mean, does Bill have a computer?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think he does.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he might be a fun guess. I mean it might be hard to follow sometimes because you know, his accent and his enthusiasm kind of mask what he says sometimes.
Speaker 3: Oh, when I was at the twenty twenty one Smoky Mountain big Foot conference, which you guys have both been to, Like it's at a massive convention center in Gallinburg, like a huge room that probably holds like twenty five hundred and three thousand people. Bill refused to use a microphone and people were like a gas. I mean, he started talking and like everyone could hear him all the way in the back, and people wereized, like, oh, he doesn't need a microphone. People could hear him outside probably, so.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he does need a microphone nor a spotlight.
Speaker 3: They could hear him clearing pigeon forge.
Speaker 4: We're coming up to the end of our time here. You know, we still have a members episode to record. Why don't we head over there? And not much of a topical episode. I got to say, we only covered one and we just kind of shot, you know, shot the poop. I guess, you know, for the rest of the time. But I had a good time talking, which is good, man, because I had a kind of a lousy day, So this is great And for me at least, I can't speak for YouTube characters, but for me at least, that's probably my favorite thing about the podcast. I love hanging out and talking to my best friends, so just that we can just set aside a little bit of time and catch up and stuff. When I get lost in the conversation and just have a good time, those are my favorite podcasts. When I don't have to be an expert on something and I don't have to know all the answers and all that stuff. I do appreciate that. So thank you both very much, Matt and Bobo for pulling me out of a pretty mediocre mood. Man. I had a crappy day down doing construction stuff in the outbuilding because I've been talking about a lot. I'm building this room for my casts. The footprint casts have outgrown my garage, so I'm building a twenty by thirty five foot room in my outbuilding. So I can house them. And today we're putting joists up and building this room, and I screwed up well over half of them, so I had to go redo them all. And of course i'm you know, my Gary, my fabulous neighbor is helping me out, and I feel like, I don't know, just so disappointed in myself in so many ways. So it's so nice to catch up with you guys and just kind of lose my grumpy mood for minute and in talk talk squatch with you. So I appreciate you guys. Thank you.
Speaker 2: You know, as I said, I forgot too. We're talking about Fireball over there. My greatest joy in squatching was I had two definite or three or four actually definite encounters with Fireball. He got to smell them and hear them. We went on a trip in New Mexico to the Hickory of Patri Reservation in two thousand and four, had the best sighting.
Speaker 4: What did you say?
Speaker 2: They smelled like we were in pursuit of some squatches, some a couple of squatches that we were that we were encountering. That the the ones that yelled hey, the one that yelled hey when they were trying to corrala cow elk and the box canyons. And when they took off out the back, we drove around, were hauling, asked from fireballs, chuck. We went flying down this back road to go intercept what they'd had to cross. You could see in the grass that they had run through dry grass and it's dunk. That same smell I smelled the time at Bluff Creek that just you know, futred, you know out housey smell with vinegar kind of mixed in. Smelled like a you know, smell a dead year. It's been a dunst one hundred degree heat for a week behind Taco Bell and the dumpster.
Speaker 4: Not a lot of deer in the Taco Bell dumpster around here.
Speaker 2: Man. That was just a great description. I heard that was going the next but yeah, so yeah, you heard the ones in the barn with it. When he was putting the changes underwear and his foot got caught in his underwear and he fell and he heard this laughing like he heated into the big ladder. One goes like shished him shit. They all went dead quietly. He who is that? He sends the bitches and then they ran out and jumped. They ran to the dead pace, just running out the back. I heard that part. They went running through the payloft and never even brooke stride just hit the ground, running like out of the second floor of the barn, just hit the ground, took off. Then he also heard him on our way there. We stopped it where my buddy had a bunch of squash action happ when he was soon while spotted al surveys in Arizona, like up like ten thousand foot elevation, ten thousand feet so on his peak. And we went up there before dry lightning storm hit and we had him around us that night and he heard the knocks and the whistles and he was tripping. And then a few nights later he heard that. Then he heard the scream. He got that crazy scream that everyone that was at that two thousand and four bf Our exhibition in New Mexico, the Hickorya all heard it. Hoyts Ranch heard that. And then we hear him talk about it, kind of get any words out. He heard that whole thing, So that that kind of you know, kind of took me out of the crazy house. And like he wouldn't say that, he for sure had an encounter because he was just like to like guyed his reputation too much like that. But he didn't think I was so netty. After that, he was like, there's something there, there's something there.
Speaker 4: It was neat that your dad had a chance to experience that. And I would say about your dad, your dad is one of the people. And there's a handful of them in everybody's life, I think, but your dad is sincerely to me at least, one of the people that made my life better for knowing him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anyone that bad him and new them, I just feelbout with the feel that, like what I feel abad about him being not here anymore. The worst thing I feel about, besides my mom, is all the people that didn't get to meet him. You better live a good life. If you want to meetings, ago, go to have them to see him from now on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there you go. There you go. If there is an afterlife, which I assume there is, or because I don't think life ends necessarily, I'm looking forward to high fives with Fireball and some belly bumps. Belly bumps in honor of his son.
Speaker 2: All right, if you beat me there, yeah, give him a give him a high Buddha for me too, all right, I guess that's it, folks. Thanks for joining us on this fact filled Bigfoot episode. Thanks for joining us on big Foot. Yeah, but we appreciate it. Hit like hit, share, spread the news, and we appreciate it. Till next week, y'all, keep it squatchy.
Speaker 4: Thanks for listening to this week's episode of Bigfoot and Beyond. If you liked what you heard, please rate and review us on iTunes, subscribe to Bigfoot and Beyond wherever you get your podcasts, and follow us on Facebook and Instagram at Bigfoot and Beyond podcast. You can find us on Twitter at Bigfoot and Beyond that's an N in the middle, and tweet us your thoughts and questions with the hashtag Bigfoot and Beyond