Speaker 1: Karen. Yes, you ever get that feeling in your gut like something's off, yes, or maybe that something's really really right, Yes, yes, but you just can't put your finger on it. Yes, all right. Well, people will usually just kind of brush it off, like they're overthinking, or they get so caught up worrying about the future that sometimes we miss these clues entirely.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: That is where our guest today comes in. She's an evidential based psychic medium, reiki master, and best selling author. But what she's really passionate about is helping people like us connect with something we all have our intuition. Oh yeah, and if there's one thing I know about you, my love, is that you are all about learning how to trust that inner voice, especially when life throws us curve.
Speaker 2: Boss, We're juggling.
Speaker 3: All this.
Speaker 1: Well, and get ready, because our guest today is going to show us how to stop stressing about the future, whether it's about a dream job or dream relationship, and start listening to the guidance that we've already got inside of us. It's all about tuning into the present moment, feeling those intuitive hits in our bodies, and trusting our truth in a way that's practical and real. No more projecting into the future, just realigning with where we are right now. You know where The best part is. She's got some seriously cool techniques to help us feel those intuitive messages in real time. Chakra by chakra.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 1: So you're gonna want to stick around for this one and may just change how you connect your inner guidance. This is the skeptic metaphysicians. My name is Will and I'marus, and unlike moulderin Scully, both want to believe. So we've embarked in a journey of discovery.
Speaker 2: We've talked to people deeply entrenched in the spiritual and metaphysical world.
Speaker 1: We've thrown ourselves into weird and wonderful experiences. I even joined a coven.
Speaker 2: Of witches and wait, you joined a coven.
Speaker 1: Yep, all in the interest of finding something, anything that will prove that there's something beyond this physical.
Speaker 2: Three dimensional world we all live in.
Speaker 1: This is the skeptic physicians. Hey there, I Will, i'en and today we're diving into the world of intuition, healing and connecting with the unseen. Our guest, Crystal Perry, is an evidential bas psychic medium a best selling author and ariki master who's worked with thousands of clients around the world. Whether it's delivering heartfelt messages from loved ones across the veil or helping people like us tune into their own inner guidance. Crystal's passion is all about empowering others to trust their intuition. Well, today, she's here to help us understand how we can get out of our heads, stop worrying about the future.
Speaker 2: Yes, she got a job for her and tap.
Speaker 1: Into the wisdom of the present moment, using our own bodies as a guide. So get ready to learn how to realign with your intuition and find the answers you've been searching for. Crystal, welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Thank you will, Thank you, Karen. Pleasure to be here.
Speaker 2: Well, we're thrilled that you hear with us today.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, the pleasure is absolutely all ours. There's a lot of areas we need to go into, we need to touch on, but let's just set the table first and foremost intuition. Can you define that for someone?
Speaker 3: The Dictionary says it's a gift of knowing without reason, So you just know things without any reason. I think from birth we're blessed with this wisdom and our soul that we either tune out or tune into. It just comes on board once we take our first breath.
Speaker 1: Some of us more than others.
Speaker 2: I think I just trust my intuition more than you do. I just ignore it completely. Well, it's ignored only a little bit.
Speaker 1: It's not that I ignored, it's like I'm just completely oblivious to it.
Speaker 2: Well, I think you just want he wants someone to tell him what to.
Speaker 1: Do, But don't you Most people do right, right.
Speaker 2: But then you're like, I don't want you to tell me what to do.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't, but I do, But I don't.
Speaker 2: But I do exactly. So there's the rough I.
Speaker 3: Don't but because they might tell you the wrong thing or what you don't want to hear.
Speaker 1: Right. So the obvious question, then the follow up is how can you a feel the intuition? How can you get like, how can you know that you're intuition talking? And b how do you know it's not you just making stuff up in your head?
Speaker 3: Well, I like to give people tips on so they can physically fill it and then they'll have the answer to know what is truth for them. I like to say that intuition is your superpower. Your ego is your kryptonite. So if you're thinking of superheroes, your ego that gets in there and tells you what's right and what's wrong, that's going to be your kryptonite that tear's away your power.
Speaker 1: So I I just pictured my ego with that twirling mustache and a big hat top of that.
Speaker 2: Right, you got a pocket full of kryptonite.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, way better does than I am.
Speaker 2: I just like that song.
Speaker 3: And he's tucking himself out of it exactly.
Speaker 1: I know, I know. Okay, so how how could I go around? Okay, le, let's take a real world, practical thing that happened just a couple of days ago. We have to make a massive decision, like massive decision altering. Yeah, and we and we tried so hard. We sat, we meditated, and we felt, how do you feel that you do this? I was just like no, no, no.
Speaker 2: But you weren't. At first. We came to this decision and we're like, okay, this is what we're doing. And then the next day all the factors changed, like literally yeah, and so we're like, wow, this still is a good decision, but now this is a good decision too, So that's where you were just like, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know right, So in a case like that, how could I have tapped into my intuition and learned which direction I really was supposed to go in?
Speaker 3: So I'll start right out the gate on. One of the techniques that I teach people is really if you've heard of muscle testing, it's an internal muscle testing that I teach people to find out your truth for you. So once you know what your truth is, then you can ask the bigger questions like should I marry this person, or should I move to Europe or whatever? And it's really simple in a matter of minutes, and we can do it here now with your guests. If everyone wants to, just take a breath, close your eyes, and what you're going to do to yourself is state a truth to yourself. So you can say something like your name, my name is Will. In that silence, in that quiet, in that stillness, how does your body feel? Hey, state your name? How does it feel out loud to yourself? Okay, it shouldn't take more than ten seconds just to get that feeling. Now, the next thing is you're going to state a faults to yourself. My name is George Washington, and you're going to feel in your body where you feel the faults.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm not the most sensitive of guys out there, so I'm not sure if I'm just making this stuff up right, But what I'm feeling is like a tightness around the solar plaque? Is that?
Speaker 3: Absolutely? It's either heart or soular that most people feel it. There's a tent tightness or a clenching. Okay, it's not so now you are doing it right, So now you ask the bigger question when you're still okay, Now I know my truth barometer. I call it, Should I take this new job or this endeavor? How does that feel? Do I get that tightness in that clench? That would be your truth?
Speaker 1: I don't want to ask it now because it's too late. I don't want to let him make the right decision. Did you feel like Karen?
Speaker 2: I mean I felt something in my hands and feet, but I felt like that's the right.
Speaker 3: But usually it's from the chest to the belly, as I will feel it.
Speaker 2: Like when I said my name, I didn't feel anything, like nothing right, And then when I said a different name, like my hands and feet.
Speaker 1: That's just your fight or flight symptoms.
Speaker 3: Maybe your barometer is really strong.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what, I wouldn't doubt that she's actually very strong.
Speaker 3: And if she's an energy healer of any way, most people can feel it in their hands.
Speaker 1: So, oh, I'm a raki practitioner, and I don't think I didn't really know what to say.
Speaker 3: Your fingers didn't tingle.
Speaker 1: I didn't. I didn't. I wasn't paying attention to that. Do it again now and see you if knowing now we're well, Now we're supposed to feel.
Speaker 2: I think I might like make up something like, oh I'm feeling.
Speaker 1: That's that's why I said I might be making it up.
Speaker 3: But just be still and you can do it tonight. My name is and then feel where you feel. And if you go over ten seconds, you're doing it too much. It's too too hard for your body. And this, the second one is state of faults. And it doesn't have to be your name. You can say I have ten kids, or you know, if you don't have ten kids, whatever your truth is, I live in Manhattan. Whatever isn't your truth, your body will tell you it should be really slight and really subtle. And that's how intuition works. Most people overlook it because they expect lightning from God to say this is what you're supposed to do, So.
Speaker 1: Here comes will right. So bear with the question because I'm sure a lot of people out there probably are asking the same thing as themselves, and that would be remiss if I didn't voice it out loud. Could this be my own biases rather than my intuition? This example that we were talking about had something to do with staying at my current job or going elsewhere, and there's a fear with taking that leap, with going elsewhere that comes into play. So could that not be what I'm feeling? Is that fear that bias?
Speaker 3: I think what you're failing is anxiety because that's mixed in with fear of that's going to change my future. Right when we feel intuition, it is very still and it is very calm. So we get the answers that will always be calm even if it's right for you. But you have fear, your body will be still. So as we go through this today and we go through the steps of your chakras where you're going to feel it, it should always be still and calm, even in a chaos. If this is right for me, it's going to be still.
Speaker 1: So the right decision will be still. The wrong decision won't be big.
Speaker 3: Yes, it'll be fear based. You'll have anxiety. You're staying up at night, you're stressing out about it, and you can't get it out of your mind. That's your ego, it's your brain. I tell people your intuition is from your neck down. You're going to fill it in your body, not your neck up.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, what if you get that weird feeling for both options? Then what you're kind of out of lot?
Speaker 2: They both have problems.
Speaker 3: Really, Yeah, there should be one that's a little stronger, that's a little more I feel more comfortable with this when I think about this, I'm more still, I can sleep through the night. I think this is okay. And then you're not getting in your head. You have to ask your body, how does my body feel with this?
Speaker 1: Do you have to be relaxed? We are agitated, right, It's been weeks and weeks of this kind of thing, to the point where even meditations that we do it's difficult to drop in because we're so on edge about everything. Yeah, so could that affect our feeling.
Speaker 3: Could but you're still going to get your answer. Go to a different place than you normally would. Go sit in your car in the garage, go to a park and sit under a tree, and then try it, just because it's a different environment and your brain's like, what is going on here? I don't know, this isn't familiar, and then you can tap in and you should feel something different.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: So when I was asking you the other day just just to close your eyes and kind of go through the thing, and I didn't know that, you know, it sounds like I was doing what she was doing right right, unknowing you are which And I said, well, how did you feel with this? And how did you feel with that? Like did you feel a difference?
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know. What I was picturing myself in that moment is how it felt going out into the world versus how I felt staying where I was. That's what I was going through and what felt to me is like the I guess it.
Speaker 2: Was actually which made you feel calmer? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Which one made me? Which one made me freak out? More? Right? To your point, it was a little bit of both. So because they were pros and constant, both so well, this is interesting, Okay.
Speaker 2: How do you how do you trust it? That's that's my problem. Yeah, you know, because it's kind of like when you, you know, you have the three cups of the little you know whatever underneath and you're picking and I'll be like, oh, it's that one. But since I think it's that one, I means it's probably this one. So then should I go for this one? Or maybe it's that One's like a second, third, fourth, fifth, guess myself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you say, like your first guess is always the right one.
Speaker 3: Yes, in a split second. And that's why I said that the longer you're doing this, the more you're getting in your head. It should just take a minute to feel that feeling. I also teach people when you're tapping into your intuition, stop pushing the elevator button. You know how you're pushing and when's it coming? When's it coming? And someone else walks up to the elevator and they're pushing, pushing, waiting, and someone's crossed their arms, they're waiting and pushing. That is not how you get your intuition. That's adding more fear, more anxiety to the mix. That's just pushing it into the future. Our body sits in present time. We truly are here in this moment, in this breath, and our bodies will give us the answer in this moment, so it is still moment to moment. Here's an example of intuition that I love to share. You're driving down the freeway and suddenly you say, I should slow down. There's a cop. You see the cop you pass. You're good, but you didn't get that intuitive hit till two seconds before. Right. Intuition works moment by moment, and maybe the answer you seek isn't even here yet. Will there could be another possibility that pops up and you're just like, why isn't it working? Why isn't it working because the answer is not here yet?
Speaker 2: Oh, what kind of one did?
Speaker 1: You're right? You're right?
Speaker 2: And then we were anxious about that too. We're just there has been so much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like it's going to cause chaos to your life. But the ripple effect feels beautiful whatever you choose, it does feel beautiful. It feels like you're making the right choice anyway, and you're kind of leaving the past behind. Just unsolicit advice.
Speaker 1: No, I appreciate that you mentioned that there are different chakras, Like you activated chakra by chakras, So yeah, what's the next.
Speaker 3: Or how you will feel it in your body. The other thing I like to tell people about intuition is think of a garden hose. When you turn it on, it's literally coming from source. You were born with it, right, the divine God, whatever you believe, is coming one way down the garden hose to you. Even when you shut it off, it's still in the hose or in the you know, it's still flowing. You don't. It doesn't go reversed, it doesn't go backwards. So whatever's come for you is coming down the pipe for only you. So it's just a little visual.
Speaker 2: Some people love visuals, right.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I feel like I'm drinking from ten of those garden houses at one time, and.
Speaker 3: They're cold blasts at the fire station.
Speaker 1: That's the one that sits you on your ass.
Speaker 3: Well, I like to work from the bottom up, So the bottom root chakra is right kind of where your legs meet, right, it's your you know, the top of your hips, and this is called your root chakra where you're going to feel intuitive hits here in this chakra is something that's going to make you want to move. I want to get up, I want to go towards it, or I'm going to be really still and go just doesn't feel right every time I think about it, I don't want to go there. It doesn't feel like I want to move now. Again, most people always say it's in your gut. That's where I feel. Intuitive hits in your gut, and we'll talk about that one, but it actually runs through your whole body. So again, think of your head, your body, from your neck down. This is where you're going to receive your intuitive hits. Okay, So with your root, Chokra, it's your foundation. It's the moving along in life. It's going towards. So if you're going to marry someone or take a job, you're like really eager, I can't wait to get this job. You're feeling really good, your body wants to go towards it. If it's something that you're pulling away from, I don't know that wasn't good, that don't feel good. Start to pay attention what your body does. Sometimes we'll even turn away. You know, we're talking to someone in that interview didn't go well, and I want to turn my body away to kind of move away. You'll know action needs to be taken now in this chakra. It's a movement of some sort in this area. So how's your root Chokra been feeling with these choices.
Speaker 1: Like it's getting something shoved up there?
Speaker 2: So or liken, Well, now there's a diamond in there.
Speaker 1: What do you wants? Yeah, I don't know. I've not so this is great because in the future we can use these tips. But I was oblivious, unfortunately, and one of those guys that doesn't pay attention. And I need to be more in the present moment one hundred percent. I realized that because had I known to look to see where my hips were moving, I would have had an idea. But now you're asking me, and don't I don't know on them?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the other thing here in this area, if we don't know the answer, we freeze. It's your fight or flight zone. Most people think it's all through about it. It's it's literally, I don't know. I'm frozen. I can't make a decision. So then we have to come back to what is my body? Say? Does it feel calm or does it feel anxious? Thinking about this? You know that truth barometer.
Speaker 1: Would you feel it in both places at the same time, where it's either you can.
Speaker 3: You can you can feel in all of them at the same time. And this is where people get confused. They only think it's their stomach right, or yeah, I just got that gut instinct, or it's a mother's intuition. No, it's throughout your body. You're born with this at birth to have all the senses in your physical form. That's what the universe turned on for us. We never shut it off. Really, we tune it out, but we don't really shut it off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, story my life tuning it out.
Speaker 2: So then how do you, I don't know, wade through the So like we were saying, we had these two options, and both of them had something really good and both of them had something really bad, and it was just so equal. It was like hard to like even thinking now, like going back and remembering, it'd be hard to kind of even have any sort of peaceful thing while we're thinking about those because just thinking about either one of those, we're like, oh, you're crap, you know, what do we do? So how do you get beyond that to really be able to focus and listen to your body?
Speaker 3: If you were my client, I would sit in front of you and say, put your hand on your heart and tell yourself, I'm looking for the best case scenario, and you're asking your guides and angels to step in and give me something better than I can imagine. And look at one scenario and sit and be still. What's the best thing, and you know, give me something better than I can imagine, and then let that go. Do a few deep breaths, let it go. Now, think of the other case scenario and one of those, even though you're telling me that the weight on them was both, they were very evenly weighted, and you couldn't choose one would feel different one would you would have something that is a trigger for you. But if this one offers more, or when you've given it to the universe and say give me something better than I can imagine, maybe there's a perk on the other end of one of them. You know, maybe now you're getting insurance or benefits or you know, I'm just saying a perk that you might not have had before.
Speaker 2: The ironic thing is like, okay, we're going to make this choice, and we're just we're surrendering whatever will happen. Because there was one of the choices was they choose for what wasn't Yeah, basically they're going to choose for you, and so we thought, okay, well, then that way we'll know where the universe's leading is. We're going to let this happen. And then that choice. Now it's like, well you can have that choice, you can have the other choice, and it just was Yeah, it was tough.
Speaker 3: Man, And sometimes the universe puts a path before you that just all the options are right and you just got to go with it. The other thing, when I talk to my clients, I say, we're never on the wrong path. There's a river that we flow in. We think we're on the wrong path, and what if I made this choice, where would I be? It doesn't matter, you're on the wrong path of whatever you choose. Spirit has a way of keeping you there, bringing the right people into your life and doing everything you need right.
Speaker 2: And that's something that you said, you said, because I'm like, well what if you know? So we've been saying this is what we want, and Alison, here it is, here's the opportunity. But then oh but then there's this too. Now, but now what do we do? The universe is giving us this thing that we've wanted, but this might be a better option for us. So is it like snubbing the universe? And was like, no, universe isn't petty, it's not going to be like, well, screen, you didn't take it, So that's it.
Speaker 1: That was your one chance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you get door number three now.
Speaker 3: And sometimes because you don't make a choice now, you get a better option later, right, because the universe is like, oh no, we're still going to make that happen for you. But here's something bigger and better than you can't even imagine, right, here's something great.
Speaker 1: So yeah, and ultimately, just I know people are on pins and needles, wondering what did we decide? What do we decide? Rest assured, I think we made the right decision. I think after thinking this thing's too because now it's giving us more time. We're staying by the way, this is what we're just having.
Speaker 2: You slept through the night, I did Your body kind of responded.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true. Yeah, so well good.
Speaker 2: Only we had spoken with her that day before yesterday, I.
Speaker 1: Know you would have relieved a lot of pressure. Okay, right, well, now we know anytime we got a big decision Crystal, how does it feel. I don't think. We won't do it. We are those people. We will knock on your door.
Speaker 2: How did you come to trust in this and and really learn to trust your intuition?
Speaker 3: Oh? My goodness, trial and error, don't we all? Don't we all? We have to stumble and fall and most people, Let's say, for example, you're at the altar and this is my person and I'm I don't know, it's just not right. And then a year or two later, you get divorced or you know, you take a job. You're like, oh, this is going to be so great. It's harder than you anticipate. The hours suck, and boss is horrible. We don't go into these things blindly. There's a part of us that knows that this might not work out. You know, that little sliver that we're overlooking, That will says I, I don't know that he's overlooking because it's so subtle. It is so quiet. It's like a feather touched you, but there's this chaos and noise in the background, so you can't tell that the feather touched you. Right, spirit is so quiet, so calm and reassuring, even in a car accident spirit saying get out of the way, Get out of the way, Get out of the way. It's nudging you. It's never gonna yell. You know this, this intuitive knowledge that we have at birth is here on purpose for us. We have to tune in.
Speaker 1: Does it have to be that way? What if we really want them to yell?
Speaker 3: I think you're going to have to do a bunch of talking because I haven't one person that it yells to them well with the megaphone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, actually, I would say probably. There have been times when it's yelled at me. Yeah, I get two by four to the head, kind of like okay, I got you, like breaking your ankle in your kind of thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, anyway that after you've made the wrong choice, he will work himself to the bone and just kind of rush from one thing to the next to the next to the next.
Speaker 2: And he's been needing to slow down, and so he's been I think these very strong signals to slow down, and it did it. It took a broken leg the first day of our three week vacation in Europe to finally hit go, oh, yeah, maybe I need to slow down. Maybe the universe is telling me something like yeah, and enjoy it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I just wish I wasn't so stubborn.
Speaker 2: I do too, for lots of reasons, but that's a different interview.
Speaker 3: Time will help that. So let's move up to the sacral chakra as we're doing chakras. So your sacral chokra is your creativity center. If you think about this area, it's your pelvic region where you want to give birth to something. This is your creativity center. What do I want to create in the world?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: I mean this is literally where we have babies, this center. So you're going to have an idea that just comes to you, just pops in in your mind where you're not really thinking of something. That's when you know it's intuition instead of forcing it and cramming it and what's my anxiety telling me? And what's going on here? And pushing and pushing your intuition is never something that you have to push against. It just pops in, just pops in. The idea is just or you'll get an inspiration out of nowhere. And this is your creativity center. Now, if you're not listening to it and you're repressing and holding, you're not going to get the answers there in your body. Right, you're not going to pay attention to that, but it is something that just will just come out of the blue, something you just create. Some people want to be an artist. Suddenly they hit a certain age and go buy a red Corvette or whatever. There's my inspiration and that's what's right for me. Oh maybe not right your will right now? Now?
Speaker 1: Oh, come on the tuya, the duya. It sounds great, and I guess it could maybe explain the with midlife crisis things that people do some of.
Speaker 3: Them or they're not listening to their intuition and they're doing it anyway. Now there's I won't say a dark side to your intuition, but if this is the area in your body, because we're talking about our body, if you're not listening and things get stuck and repressed, you could have some you know, UTIs, some bladder issues, some low libido, whatever it is in this center or as we go through the centers, other blocks because you're just not listening to what the world wants you to create. This is where you're supposed to be doing things. Instead of having someone say, oh you can't do that, that's not good enough. You're never gonna make it, and they start to chip away at your intuitive feelings of creating, and we suck that in, we take that in, and then we have health problems along the way. But yeah, there's always a shadow side to it.
Speaker 2: Would this also be responsible for those aha moments?
Speaker 3: Absolutely? Some people wake up in the morning and have that idea. Some people get them in the shower because it just usually intuitive hits happen when you're not thinking about the deal. I tell people, get your body busy. Ask the bigger question. Here it is. I'm going to use an example. Should I marry this person or get take this job? Right? Here's the bigger question. Your body knows the question. We don't have to keep pushing that elevator button. Well what about this? What about that? We leave the question out there. Now, go take the dog for a walk, Go do a load of laundry, go cook a pot of soup. And in the meantime, if you're really paying attention to what I'm doing in the body, I'm taking this walk in the woods, I'm cooking and cutting the carrots, and I'm here in this moment, and you'll get a download of Oh, that's what I'm supposed to do. You have to check out of the question and the problem and the issue. You have to completely check out and let your body physically be doing something so you can get the downloads and the ideas.
Speaker 2: Wow, maybe that's why I like cooking so much. My toes like zen for me. I'll just sit there and just chop and I just kind of zone out.
Speaker 1: And you know, I've been meaning to get some of those adult coloring books, Yeah, because those do really well for me.
Speaker 3: You needed that two days ago before you made your decision.
Speaker 1: I blame our own scheduling system. Yeah, had I known, though, You.
Speaker 3: Can just create your own coloring books now out of this creative center and say, when you're really stressed out for a being decision, color in these books designed by Will and Carrot.
Speaker 2: Skeptic Metaphysician Coloring Books.
Speaker 3: That's amazing.
Speaker 1: Thank you for the business idea that's ahead.
Speaker 3: You always get something better than you can imagine, right, little side, hustle on the side for you.
Speaker 1: Let's take a break and we'll be right back and now back to the skeptic metaphysicians.
Speaker 3: Spirit will push you on the places that you are excited for, whether they bring you money or not. It's we're here for the joy. What brings you joy, and follow that and then money follows.
Speaker 1: And that's the thing, right, it doesn't have to go in that order, the money and then it'll bring you joy. Right, if you're doing it for the right reasons, like you said, your joy, the universe will give you what you need. So if we do go follow our path, if something has happened and we had to go, as long as we're enjoying what we're doing and not worried about it, not adding stress and causing block, we will have everything that we need. But that's hard to internalize, you know.
Speaker 3: Most of the times, will it's because of generational patterning what your parents do and they say you should have this, for example, like a nine to five Monday through Friday. Once you quit and you get out of the corporate world, all the whole world's going to end because they were programmed and that was their safety zone. And it's kind of impressed upon you to do it a certain way. And if you're not and you're going outside the box, that fear is not just yours. It's generational. That's laying on your shoulders.
Speaker 1: No, that's so right, Yes, it's so right, because that was the big fear is and I can't. I sat to Karen. It's a way to need to provide and the way that I know. I've got the security of a paycheck every two weeks. I get the benefits I can provide. But the other side, where it's not as steady anything it is, it is Yeah, that is crazy, scary.
Speaker 3: So take the leap. That's where our biggest growth is truly is taking leaps.
Speaker 1: I know I know that too, and I okay, we're taking the leap conservatively. Good, Okay, right, we're taking the leap conservatively. We're not resting in our laurels. We have decided to move in one direction, but we know we're going to use this direction in order to launch pad into the other direction. They'll take a little bit more effort on our part, but it will be worth it at the end because then it won't matter what happens here. We'll have here, this already laid out in front of us. Wow, we are looking at us. We are working out our problems right on the air, right here. We keep your crystal.
Speaker 3: You know you got this.
Speaker 1: No, no, you are the catalyst for this. We'd really appreciate that. This has really started the conversation going in into hyperdrive, which is great. So we talked about several different chakras. Are there are there more?
Speaker 3: Hey, yeah, let's go to the gut instinct, the solar plexus. Everybody talks about this is where I fill it, am I up because that's it's almost the chakra that's biggest and open most all the time. You walk into a room and you're like, ooh, something's off here. Your chakras look like funnels. They're big on the outside and they're really fine tuned right next to your body. So when you walk into a room here, you've got like megaphone to walking into the room or the job or the career or the choices. Right it's it's huge, and it's amplified and you're picking things up. So your solar plexus is your control center, your empowerment center. Where do I feel, do I have self confidence?
Speaker 2: Do I have?
Speaker 3: You know? Self esteem? In this area, this is where you get the butterflies and your prickols on your skin. It's just one of the most intense chakras that you're picking up. So on the opposite side, for those that don't listen to their intuition, You're going to get digestive issues or stomach issues or problems related to your digestion because you're not paying attention to what's the world telling me or am I not following it?
Speaker 1: That makes a lot of sense for me, because I do have some stomach issues whenever I get stressed. But you say, if you are not tuning into it, you're going to have these issues. So how do you prevent that from happening, whether it's your stomach issues or your solar plexus or your root chakra. How do you How does will get beyond and finding get out of all the medical bills?
Speaker 3: Okay, well again you're gonna have to sit with yourself well and think neck down. How does my body feel right now? I always have people check in with your body first and then ask I want to get rid of my stomach issues? How does my body feel? My body feels like I need to stop drinking black coffee or black tea. Okay, that's what my body's telling me. Random thoughts, you know, and it will come out of the moment, out of the blue. Maybe I need to not take the supplement anymore. That's just what it's telling me. I'm going to take it out for a minute. Just start to pay attention to what your body's saying.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you are flipping it from the way that I thought. I thought you were saying that your body's constantly giving you messages and if you don't listen to it, it'll give you the stomach.
Speaker 3: Issues if you're not. For example, if you're supposed to be creative and be an artist and do all these things, but you're afraid of the family, and they're like, that's stupid. You need a nine to five, don't do that right, And you're tuning that out. Your intuition keeps talking to you and you're tuning it out, so you're going to continue to have those health problems.
Speaker 1: It okay, so I was right? Then, Okay, do people feel one over another or can you train yourself to feel them all? Or is there one specific we're supposed to be listening to.
Speaker 3: It's whatever's coming in for you. Some people get them stronger in the heart or the throat than the rest of them. It's just I'm just giving you tips of where you might feel it and go, oh, this is my intuition telling me, right, Okay, that's oh, that's what that means. Most people just think intuition and it's one feeling, and that's fine, covers it all. But it does sit in your body. You're going to have a reaction viscerally in your body of some sort when you're picking up intuitive hits.
Speaker 1: Is this close to people talk about the clear cognizant, where people who are psychic in that sense that they just have a knowing. Is that the same thing? Are we talking about? Same thing?
Speaker 3: A little more clear sentient? Is what we're talking Because.
Speaker 1: You're feeling it, Ah, feeling got it?
Speaker 3: You're feeling it like you're getting the goosebumps, and why is my heart racing? And why am I getting sweaty? And you know, it's a feeling, it's a physical feeling. But yes, but yes, Let's say you just met someone for the first time, in your heart starts speaking, You're like, I know this person, we're supposed to be together, this is my soulmate. Like there's a visceral feeling that sort of thing.
Speaker 1: If we're talking about chakras, like is there a crown chakra one or or third eye chakra one?
Speaker 3: No, it's below the neck and I stop at the heart, but when I get to the throat, it's about speaking your tooth. So your heart chakra is the one on one connections. Let's say you're in a relationship and suddenly you're just like, I don't know, I'm feeling something's off. If nothing's even changed, but you're just feeling that's off. You could be a friend, it could be a coworker. You could go to work and go, how you doing today, Sally, and she's like, I'm fine, but you know instantly something's not right. That's the one on one connection. Your heart chakra is telling you that that's your intuition picking that up. Okay, that's just an example of the heart chakra. When we get to the throat chakra, it's about speaking your truth. Most people don't. Ninety nine percent of the people that I work on with reiki and energy work are closed off on their throat chakra. Again, generational program of don't speak you know, that's a bad attitude. Don't say that to your sister data. We just tuned out, tuned out. So in order to open that up, we have to speak our truth to ourself. Get in the car and sing. Get in the car, and yell it out, get in the car and tell your truth whatever it is. But you have to start talking truth to yourself or we get on the opposite that thyroid problems, laryngitis, you know, it's throat problems because you're not trusting your own voice.
Speaker 1: I've heard that you're supposed to be to speak your truth to people like you're not like what it was a Conversations with Godbook four, I think is one that says highly evolved beings don't not speak the truth at all times? Right? Is that better? Or is it really.
Speaker 3: Just someone who hasn't spoke them truth their whole life? And now baby steps? Maybe I just need to start humming because it's breaking up the throat. Maybe I need to start singing. Maybe in the car, I'm singing. Maybe in the car. I'm just like, I can't believe you did that to me, x y Z. I don't like that, and I want to tell my boss off right. I'm starting to get it out, and now I'm a little braver. I can hear my own voice. When we're born, the only voices rerecognize first are usually our parents and our own. That's why babies will make sounds googo, go go, little noises because it's reverberating in their lungs, in their bronchial system and up through their ears. They recognize your own You recognize your own voice first. So when you hum and it's breaking that up, when you meditate and you chant, it's your own voice. It's calming, it's bringing you to an awareness of oh, my truth. And sometimes it'll crackle when it's not, and you'll go, where did that come from?
Speaker 2: This makes me sad though, for all the people that have no idea about any of this. Yeah, you know that are dealing with indigestion or you know, even worse cancers or whatever, because they've got their body kind of turning against them. It's we kind of just keep getting these words out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it really comes down to awareness and who are we sharing that with? And where is my truth? And even if I can't speak it to my family because they won't understand, maybe I write it down then it still comes out of my body. You know, there's just you can work on these things. I do go up on the up to the eye, the third eye chakra, but it's not because it's a physical thing. Your third eye is seeing other realms or other dreams and other realities and other perceptions. But your physical eyes can also be used for your intuition. Like you're going to see someone lying to you, they'll have shifty eyes or they'll turn away. You'll just see something's not right. Your physical eyes can pick up your intuition there as well.
Speaker 1: I think the police actually detectives or whatever they're trained on lie detection, right, they can tell with body subtle body cues. There's specific people that can actually call that out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like they'll like the pulse and stuff, and they they'll hold their hands and talk to them.
Speaker 1: But not even that they're just when they're talking to them, they'll actually they'll they'll just know. And maybe that's the tips that she's giving us.
Speaker 2: I was just thinking. So, we interviewed a light detector, not on this show, but on the show that we work on, and that was he has like the thing where he sets them all up and then they also hold on to their hand or their wrist and like you'll feel subtle changes impulse or like a little bit of hands starting to sweat or right. Right, it's very interesting, really interesting.
Speaker 3: Well, if you've I think it's on Netflix. So it could be another show, but it's called light to me where he just looks at him and they're twitching on the left side or they're rubbing their knee on the right side or something, and it's like, Oh, this happened because of that, you know, right. I love it. I love watching that.
Speaker 1: I heard somewhere that if you look up into the left, it's you're trying to make up a story, but if you looked up to your right, you're trying to remember or something.
Speaker 3: Like retrieving information.
Speaker 1: Right, So I keep forgetting which one it is. But every time I talk to someone and they start going this like, oh, is that is that a liar or the retraining, I'm trying to second guess, but I need to do more research on them before you can actually be sure about you're a liar. No, I'm just I'm trying to remember something. From now on, I'm going to start taking a moment and trying to figure out in my body where I'm feeling it. I'm assuming there is a way, by practice, you can enhance that or make it fall.
Speaker 3: I practice, and I tell people make it fun. For example, when you're trying to find a parking spot, okay, I'm going to get that parking spot up front, and maybe you don't get it, but the next day do. You have to build the muscle that your intuition is just like anything else. You have to keep practicing and keep building that muscle. Like Karen said earlier, you got the three cups with the rock inside or whatever. You're like, okay, what one is it? Right? And practice. The more fun you make it, use your children, use your friends, the more you're going to retain. And remember. I go through a lot of different tips when I teach this for people. The number one thing is stop right then and listen. When you get an intuitive hit, you have to stop right then. For example, like driving down the road, Oh, I should slow down. There's a cop that happened in a moment and I need to slow down and listen. Okay, Now you're like, okay, pass the cop, turn up the radio, start singing again. It's over. But in that moment you must take two seconds and pause what just happened to me. You might not make any sense of it. I don't know why I need to call my aunt in Carolina right now, but that came to me. There's people that regret things because they don't like, I got to call my mom and this happens at four o'clock and I'm taking my kid to soccer and I'll call her later and da da da da da. Like the next day she calls and says, oh, I filled off the ladder and broke my ankle at about four o'clock yesterday. Do you know what I mean? We know after the fact and we beat ourselves up, but stop in that moment when it's like that was an intuitive hit. Wow, that's cool, I got it.
Speaker 2: Make it fun and it's interesting because you know, you hear the term women's intuition a lot, and I think women, I don't know if that we tend to be more intuitive or it's to learn things. Well, I'm thinking about as a young woman growing up and like going out and all the stuff. You have to be aware of your surroundings and you meet someone, you get a vibe and you have to trust that vibe. And we're taught that, I think, at least by our mothers and by you know, trust. If you feel, you know, this guy feels creepy, just you know, cut and run. So I think in that, at least in that regard, I think my intuition is good. Job choices not so much.
Speaker 1: But I think that falls in one with the crystal saying is that you've developed it. You know, you've had a chance to develop that. For someone like me who hasn't had that thought process my entire life, I think it's difficult for me because I don't necessarily think. I live in the moment, so I might have a passing thought like there's a cop ole here, but it doesn't hit me like it's an intuitive hit. It's like, oh, it's a passing thought, and oh damn it, I went too fast. Right, Other than sitting going through every day, every second of every day, just like super vigilant, is there a way to someone like me who's pretty thick to pay attention.
Speaker 3: There's things you can do to start getting better and better when you can ask yourself, like check your own vibration, like what is going on? Am I in a bad mood? Did I just have a fight with someone? Or did I not get sleep last night? Why am I cranky? What's going on? You're not going to get your intuitive hits clearly if you're off right, if you're hungry, if you're angry, if you're cranky. None of that's going to happen. If you know that you have a big decision to make, you have to be in tune. So you have to have that. I tell people you have to drink plenty of water. Focusing on a computer. Focusing on a computer for just fifteen minutes can make you very dehydrated. I mean there's some studies on this that just focusing on my computer and doing my work and I'm dehydrated. And the brain uses the most right, So we need to hydrate our brain if we want our intuitive hits to come in. So being hydrated, eating clear foods and not junk food and not garbage and not processed, and know things that are going to give you that. Again, energy is very subtle. You almost miss it every time. So start paying attention to the very subtle things. Was that something Maybe it was, Maybe it wasn't, But I'm starting to pay attention. And just keeping yourself clear, keeping your vibration clear, shifting your breathing exhaling longer than you inhale will always help. It takes you out of fight or flight mode. Oh yeah, if you can do it three times, you're pushing against that vagus nerve in your body. That tells your body you're safe and you're calm, even if the house is on fire. Right, if you exhale longer then you inhale, it will tell your body you're safe. Your body will naturally do it. When you're stressed out and you're fighting or you're frustrated something, you'll just sigh. Right. Your body is like, oh, reset, this person's going crazy. Reset. I'm constantly sighing, and now you can take control of that. Now I'm just like, oh yeah, deep breath then and I'm going to really push that exhale. Do it three times, you know, after this call, See how you feel tonight if it starts to reset you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I like that, you know, having more water and really, you know, thinking about what you eat, because it is hard when you're rushing around and then you're eating crap and you're feeling bad about that, and then you're getting anxious about that. Then you're not sleeping, and then you're anxious about not sleeping. It's like it becomes aspicious cycle. So how can you listen to your body?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, just tuning in and waiting for the whispers. Mainly keeping your body busy I like, I say, I tell people, ask your question and leave it alone. Stop pushing that elevator button, walk away for twenty minutes, thirty minutes a day if you have to, and then come back to you. You're not allowed to repeat the question. You have to let it go and go make that soup and go fold clothes.
Speaker 1: But you have to actually ask it right now, just thinking.
Speaker 3: You can do it internally, because the universe knows your desires.
Speaker 1: But nothing like it does a passing glance question like ask. It's like, you got to actually make a point of asking the quest. I wonder releasing Yes. What if weeks go by and you don't get a psychic or intuitive hit and you're like, I can't how's the question again? Oh my god?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Usually that doesn't happen. You have some sort of inclination. And this is where you have to pay attention to the subtle hits because sometimes it's an answer you don't want to hear. You might get a know of something that you really want and go, oh that was a note. Now I got to sit with myself. Now now I got to go back to that truth parometer. Okay, I got to know on this. So how does this feel and your brain will want to check you out again, so always come back to Okay, yeah, what's my truth? My name is blank? My name is blank? Right for my truth? That's how it feels. Now I've got this hit. Is it true that I should not do this or I should? You know, whatever it feels like, and if your body goes still and calm, like there is no pressure in your body, that's your answer and you just have to go with it. We see.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's why my name didn't really work, because I've never liked my name, and now it's pretty much a bad word. I don't feel like my name right to put questions.
Speaker 3: So let's say, and I don't know really about you. You could say I have two kids and that would be your truth. Or if that's your truth, right, or or I live in Manhattan or I live whatever. There's a truth, and then give yourself a false and you'll still have the same results.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm the king of the world.
Speaker 2: False faults.
Speaker 1: I feel very calm.
Speaker 3: Actually, maybe his is reversed.
Speaker 1: Dang, it's like you know me like her. We did start with the opposite day right before we started recording.
Speaker 2: So oh, that's funny.
Speaker 1: All right, Why do you think people have such a hard time trusting their intuition.
Speaker 3: I think it's twofold. I think it's generational that we've been taught to believe to make the right choices to do a thing, and everyone wants what's right for us. Your parents want you to make the right choices, and so than we do when we fumble. But we're meant to live our own life. We're in our own body, we're in our own soul, so we're meant to fumble and fall on our face. Number one, I think it's generational. Number two, I think we've ignored it. When I teach intuition classes, I say about five or six years old, we start to tune it out. We get into the societal norm of going to school and the teachers saying, hey, little Johnny, you're so good at math. Right, you're so good. Look how good you are. And you're little Johnny and you're playing with your truck and you're coloring, and that's what you love to do. They're telling you something, but your intuition's like I loved color and I love the trucks. But pretty soon now you take your report card home and your parents are saying, oh, litle Johnny, you're so good at math, Look how good you are, And they start telling you what you are and what you're not, So you start tuning out what you believe. Usually about eighteen to twenty we go, I don't know. Am I going to college? Am I not? Am I getting a job? You're trying to check back in, right, And then usually I see clients again. By twenty five, that's like, I don't know anything. I got married, I got divorced. I thought it was right. I have no idea. We start to tune it back in because we've forgotten it's other people's programmings around us to fit in the norm. I mean, it's everywhere. It's not just your parents did this to you, right, They don't know any better if they had that done to them.
Speaker 1: We just need to change the world, is what it is. Yeah, absolutely pretty much one hundred changed it and.
Speaker 3: Just allow our little ones. And when they feel inspired and they see, you know, their play friends and invisible play friends, and they feel just so creative and they're just so in love with life, that's where we need to keep them and support them. And what else do you see? What else do you want? And they would never shut off their intuition. It would just keep growing and growing and better our world.
Speaker 1: Well, speaking of intuition, I have an intuition hit. I think I get the feeling that you. Wait, second, you wrote a bestseller that released in July, didn't you.
Speaker 3: It's like your psychic look at that.
Speaker 1: I'm just I'm feeling very still. I'm very very calm. So tell us about your book.
Speaker 2: They did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's called trusting your intuition and listening to the spirit with it. And it's really just kind of so you can fine tune all the things we've went over today, giving examples, giving different opportunities, and just learning to trust that flow. It feels awkward at first if you haven't practiced it because it's so subtle. We want to ignore it, we want to forget it. But it keeps pushing and pushing, and if something's not right for you, it's going to push you right out the door to say no, this is right for you. Get going.
Speaker 1: It starts with a whisper and then with a two by four of the head. We say it all the time on the show. Right, Yeah, you should see that, you got a listened it no matter what. So where can someone get the book if they want right.
Speaker 3: They can get it on Amazon, they can order it on my website and I can ship it to them. Blossoming medium dot com is my website. I offer a bunch of different classes, usually on zoom, so people can get a recording afterwards. I think I have an upcoming class teaching you how to connect to your spirit guides and angels coming up, so there's just a lot of opportunity. I also have an oracle card deck that I published when I published this book. They kind of go with each other, but not. I mean, they're just fun their nature scenes. They got the little sayings on there, Like I was saying, intuition works moment to moment, just little cards and reminders that we can we can do this ourselves. We can have this muscle back even if the world is saying no and it's decisions that the family's saying this isn't going to fit, that's not going to work. But you are so calm inside that you are just that I in the middle of the storm. That's your intuitive hit, that's so strong going. I know this is right for me. I don't care what everyone else thinks, and usually you'll act on that and you'll see later on that that was right for you.
Speaker 1: Got it now, all right? So we're going to add a direct link in our show notes to your website. If you didn't happen to have a pen when she mentioned it really quickly, you only need to do those skeptic meposition dot com go to her episode page. You will find that link directly laid in there, so it's easy for you to connect with her. I'm really curious about your book, so you've got at least one sale out of this. So it's been really great talking to you. You have opened up my eyes to a lot of things that I just took for granted. So thank you for taking the time and teaching me.
Speaker 2: How to and the tips. I love when you give us actual tips and make it just seem She has a very practical way of explaining it.
Speaker 1: Which is perfect for our audience. Right we are the skeptical physicians, right. This is practical tips for to move it forward. And the best thing about it is that it wasn't all huge wore though it is rooted in WU the intuition, but it was very pragmatic and I love that so Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom with us. This is wonderful.
Speaker 3: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: It's all for now. We will see you on the next episode of The Skeptic Metaphysician. Until then, take care,