Speaker 1: The Rush Hour with James Golden entertaining and informative on the Red Apple podcast Network.
Speaker 2: Beyond that, I look forward to pushing forward legislation that would preempt localities from participating with ICE and using their local resources to do the same. Beyond that, we've also got to make sure that in this state we are not discriminating by documentation status. Right now, if you're undocumented, you don't get access to a driver's license, so you're stuck. You don't get access to a lot of the basic things the state offers everybody else. And I think that's ridiculous, and so we've got to stop discrimination discriminating that way.
Speaker 3: That was from two on thy eighteen, the now candidate for Senate in Michigan, Abdullah L. Saide, declaring that we have to stop discriminating against illegal immigrants. They need drivers licenses, they need everything as if they were, you know, one hundred percent America consitizens. No discriminate, as he calls discrimination. In other words, ignore the law and ignore the law. In terms of immigration, Actually, there's news about immigration cut fur callos right now, and this is quick.
Speaker 4: Federal sources telling Fox News ICE made roughly fifty one thousand immigration arrests in July, so that's more than sixteen hundred per day. It marks the highest single month of arrest the agency has ever recorded. ICE has been steadily ramping up arrest during President Trump's second term. The White House has reportedly pushed immigration officials to aim for two thousand arrests a day.
Speaker 3: So ICE is actually on the move. You don't see the sort of headlines that we used to see when Ice Barbie was running the show. Nonetheless, ICE is being very effective. As I mentioned yesterday, we have four primaries that are being held today. Voters going to the polls in Kansas, in Michigan, in Missouri, in Virginia, and in Washington State. Washington State. In the news, horrific fires in Washington State and a person has been arrested. Actually, I'm looking for the story as we speak. I may have printed it out. There's news of fires not only in Washington State but also in California. Here is it out of Washington where they are having primary day today in Washington State. Washington wild fire arson suspect previously charged with first degree murder record show. Yes, quite interesting, isn't it. His name is Aaron Ferrisini. He now faces the first degree arson charge fires that he is believed to have set a fires have destroyed seven hundred buildings have forced sixty seven thousand people to evacuate from their homes or businesses. The man accused of starting the largest of these wildfires that have destroyed hundreds of buildings, forced tens of thousands of people from their homes, was previously charged with first degree murder. He pled guilty to a reduced man slaughter charge. Court record show he's thirty seven years old. As I mentioned, his name is Aaron Farrasini, thirty seven years old, and the hours came. The arrest came hours after the governor of Washington State, the incredibly left wing radical Jay Insley, blamed climate change for the fires. Climate change turns out this guy is now picked up. Climate change isn't some as extensial global thing. Insley said, it's our neighbors, it's our friends. I just want to add to it, it's a bunch of bulls.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 3: It turns out, according to the Associated Press, that this guy that set the largest of the wildfires again forcing sixty seven thousand people to evacuate, burning up seven hundred buildings in Washington State, where the governor is blaming climate change. This guy that has now been arrested for arson was sentenced in Maricopa County to twelve years in prison back in twenty twenty. Twelve years in prison, which means he should be in prison now, but he's not. Less than six years after his release. He didn't He didn't serve any of the for he didn't serve the full term by any shot. Less than six years after he's been released from prison. He's now accused of a major crime now, the manslaughter charge. Apparently he was arrested after he shot his father.
Speaker 5: To death.
Speaker 3: Because he was arguing with his father about washing dishes, so he shot his dad to death. I guess he didn't want to wash the dishes. They reduced the charge in Maricopa County send us him to twelve years in prison. He's already in twenty twenty, which means he should be in jail. It was twenty twelve that he was twenty twelve that he pled guilty. In twenty twenty he was released.
Speaker 5: So they have it.
Speaker 3: And after he shot his dad, they reduced the charges and still let him out of jail early. Now he stands accused of starting this fire. Witnesses in Spokane County Sheriffs said that he was acting suspiciously near.
Speaker 5: Where the fire was started.
Speaker 3: The neighbors then saw smoke rising from the same area and they found him with waterproof matches, abutane lighter, and fire investigators later found out that the blaze was consistent with dry gas being ignited by a match or a lighter. They did more investigation and ended up settling on Yeah, this is the guy that started it.
Speaker 5: They believe.
Speaker 3: Washington voters are again voting today in the primaries governor blaming this on climate change. By the way, another one each and fire. This was part of the whole Palisades when California was burning up last year. The report has been issued that it was caused by Southern California Edison Equipment, the electric company. Yeah, their equipment start one of the fires. They're responsible for that one. Nineteen people killed, over nine thousand homes and businesses damaged. And let's see if anybody in California is held accountable, which would be highly unusual. We started with a cut from said. El said. There are other instances of said and a lot of he has said a lot. He's gotten a lot of attention. Let me just play one quick cut from him, cut sixteen Carlos. He was asked, I think he's in It looks like he's in his home gym or a jim and you'll hear like a workout equipment being moved around and so forth. But he was asked about the biggest problem that Democrats have in the Senate, of which he would become a member should he get passed today, and it looks like he will and then heads to the general election. If he gets past the general election, he would be the new Senator from Michigan. This is abdu l Siad again responding to questions on what the biggest obstacles are in the United States Senate.
Speaker 6: So you have all these plans of things to do in the Senate. Who are your biggest obstacles in the Democratic connee?
Speaker 7: I mean, clearly he's already presented himself, your current leader, Schumer.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like, who who do you think is like the biggest set of problems?
Speaker 7: Thutterman is probably the biggest issue. Fetterman is the sitting counter argument to the kind of Midwest politics that I think really can work. Uh, he's also.
Speaker 3: Just an ah yeah, a and an orifice where excrement settles out of the human body. That's what he called Fetterman, after declaring that Chuck Schumer is rotten. Gotta go, So Democrats have at it. Your guy, uh, your guy, abdul l side. Let us take a quick break. We want to get back talk very briefly about Iran and then move to some other areas in the news today. Still James Golden slurdly fastest hour in American.
Speaker 1: Media, the Rush Hour with James Golden entertaining and informative on the Red Apple Podcast Network.
Speaker 8: Mister President, are the talks with Iron now off and right strikes.
Speaker 5: They're going on right now. It's an amazing thing.
Speaker 8: We have a little problem with the Rown because we have many talks that we'll say we have or we don't have. You know, we're straight about it, but they deny it. But they're not denying it now. They just put out a savment not denying it. But for some reason they when they're talking, they don't like saying that they're talking. So I say, wait, we're in talks, big deal, We're in talk, And they'll sometimes deny it even though it's been hours and hours together talking. Now the talks are going along. We're going to hit them very hard. Yesterday, very very old than any attack I think I can say general from a point of knowledge, any attack since World War Two.
Speaker 5: That's pretty big.
Speaker 8: And we were set to go, and they called, and in addition, Saudi Arabia called, and Uau called.
Speaker 5: Guitar call, Yah call.
Speaker 8: Some numerous people. I don't want to use the word begging, but some were in particular a Rent did not want to be hit, and they said, we want to talk. We want to talk about the Strait, but more importantly, from my standpoint, we want to talk about the denuclearization of a Rent because it's what it's all about. This is why I'm doing this, and it should have been done. Now fifty years. We keep saying forty seven years, but three years have gone by, But it's for fifty years that other presidents should have been doing what I or other countries didn't have to be us, but other countries.
Speaker 5: And nobody did us.
Speaker 8: It was time you're going to and that knocked out their capability, of their potential capability.
Speaker 3: Okay, that is President Trump describing. Yet he talks of talks are back. I don't know how much he invests in hope that these talks are going to be fruitful. It seems every time they get hit hard, it's the same dance. They beg, they beg, and then they come back to the table, there's a deal, and then of course within a week or two they're back to doing what they do. So good luck, hope the talks work out. Hope incredibly they keep their word with the UH with the talks. Looking at the clock to see if we have time to do this we do. Another big story regarding the President has been this reflecting tool business. As many of you know, Janine Piro has dropped the charges, saying this was a contractor's fault, and Trump is livid. Trump was livid. Katie Pavlich, who who Katy Pavilege is amazing. She's on News Nation now. She is a show one News Nation cut number eight. This is what she had to say about it. I thought it was worthwhile us.
Speaker 9: Sisterc Attorney Jdine Piro has been a longtime friend and staunch supporter of President Trump for more than thirty years, and yet rumors are swirling that she may lose her job fired by the President today from the Oval office. Trump was not shy about his disappointment in Pureau and how she dealt with a reflecting pool vandalism case where charges were dropped. Regardless of how that case plays out, it's important not to lose sight of her triumphs and successful record as the face of the much needed and long overdue crime crackdown in the nation's capital. Piro has taken President Trump's directive to make the city safe again very seriously, and she has delivered. She has worked tirelessly to reduce teing crime which once fueled the chaos. Carjackings are no longer out of control, and murder is down significantly. Violent crime overall in DC just to a thirty year low, and anyone who lives here can feel the difference. After the fatal shooting of two Israeli embassy staffers by a Palestinian activist in Washington.
Speaker 10: D C.
Speaker 9: In the streets, Puro handled the murders with grace and resolve, drawing a hard line against anti Semitism and cold blooded killing by seeking the death penalty against the suspect. On top of a resume, Piro has defended Trump at every turn steadfast through all of the law fair and even suggested he run for president back in twenty twelve.
Speaker 11: Watch the passion is there, the fires in the belly, It's time to jump Donald Yeah, when you watch stay tuned. Finally someone wants to take care of you and me, someone who thinks it's important to put our priorities in order. Now everyone wants to moan and complain about Donald Trump when he says he wants to make America first. Here's a man who probably should be.
Speaker 3: That is Janine Piro, my friends Katie Pavlo's great commentary. Katie and Janine Piro, you have doing and you are doing an outstanding job.
Speaker 5: We'll be back, folks. Don't go away.
Speaker 1: The Rush Hour with James Golden entertaining and informative.
Speaker 6: On the Red Apple podcast Network.
Speaker 3: There's a discourage today, ladies and gentlemen in the Daily BS that I want to call your attention to. You know, I don't talk about the Daily BS much because I don't want to be here promoting myself, promoting stuff I do the Daily bso my website, and thank you for the staff at the Daily BS who does the real work.
Speaker 5: But there's a.
Speaker 3: Story today that I think many of you around this nation need to pay attention to behind on your HOA dues. You could lose your home before the bank forecloses on you. The bullet points, as we call it to be bulletin points. Homeowners' associations across America are for closing on more residents than they.
Speaker 5: Have in years.
Speaker 3: Rising insurance costs, depleted reserve funds, unpaid dues are squeezing howay budgets and so these howays are responding by filing foreclosure and foreclosure filings have jumped nearly forty percent compared with two years ago. That is a lot. Hiways have now filed two hundred and eighty five thousand leans against homeowners in twenty twenty five we didn't even deal with twenty twenty six. That's about one every ninety seconds. According to the Benetoch Data Insights, which many associations and many homes owner associations of moving delinquent accounts to attorneys faster than they have in the past. So, if you are not current on your HOA dues for your condo, for your house, check on it because the amounts that you oh don't have to be look, you could owe a few thousand dollars late fees, interest fees, attorney fees, court cards get added, and all of a sudden, you find yourself in problems.
Speaker 5: Your mortgage could be paid for.
Speaker 3: If you haven't even missed a mortgage payment on your home, but you are late paying the HOA, they can foreclose your house. The first mortgage often remains attached to the property, so another complication and a wrinkle. Now, a lot of home associations the saying they can't afford to carry delinquent homeowners. I have my own issues with a lot of these hoas, and they're authoritarian, sometimes illegal, bent on power and exercising power over property that these people don't own. But cost of doing business in some cases dealing with the hoas also another story today. Can find it there at the Daily Base. Rosie O'Donnell said she is returning to The View. Well, she indicated she you know, the View is getting ready to go thirty years old, the thirtieth anniversary celebration. So she was on some podcast and she said she would happily return for the anniversary in whatever way they want her, just as a guest or whatever. I'd go on the thirtieth anniversary in whatever way they want. I'm pretty proud of that show. It's what was becoming, how it really speaks to people into politics. So people started buzzing buzzing, buzzing, buzzing, and that would ABC had released this nam. No, we haven't invited or to do anything, apparently, Rosie in addition to having a horrible track record with some of the guests, I was also got into it with Whoope Goldberg, So that that is just ugly.
Speaker 5: Huh Okay.
Speaker 3: Now there's big fraud investigations going on, of course, let us visit that for a moment. Let's go to Assistant Attorney General Colin McDonald, who is in the state of Pennsylvania. We have two cuts from him. Let's listen in to the Assistant Attorney General down there, Colan McDonald in Pennsylvania. That's cut six followed. Boy, we'll get to both of them, but I'll I'll have a few comments after this.
Speaker 12: Gor patience with causing over four hundred thousand in false claims to Medicaid for services the AIDS supposedly performed when get this, they were actually hospitalized, working at other jobs and even in jail. Yes, the allegations include a scheme that build taxpayers for home care services provider provided when the person supposedly doing that work was sitting behind bars. That of course, is not healthcare, it's just pure theft. Another indictment charges a father and son for engaging in a fraudulent Medicaid scheme. In short, according to the allegations, the father didn't need the care and the son wasn't giving it. The son claimed to be providing services to his father while he was actually working as a driver for a ride share and food delivery service.
Speaker 5: And in fact, that is just amazing.
Speaker 3: Medicare paying for people as home care, as home care attendants that are in prison, that have been in jail, that are themselves in the hospital being cared for by others, but still being paid for delivering home care now, Assistant ag announced and by the way, if you're in the Philadelphia area, we have a lot of people that listen here in the Philadelphia area, you might a voyage the crooks down there to beware cut seven. He further said this about the Strikeforce team.
Speaker 12: As another step in our growth plan, announcing today that our Northeast Healthcare Strikeforce Team is expanding here to Philadelphia. This will place dedicated fraud prosecutors right here to further root out the fraud in Pennsylvania. This district has a long standing tradition of not only prosecuting egregious frauds like the ones charged today, but also a history of excellent corporate enforcement, both civilly and criminally. In fact, today the US Attorney's Office is announcing charges against not only individuals, but a company, a home health agency that participated in the fraud.
Speaker 3: We are proud not let me go to doctor medment Oz, as you know, has Medicare Medicare services about Pennsylvania and what they are finding in the blue state of Pennsylvania. Cut five. This is doctor Oz his.
Speaker 5: Personal care building trends.
Speaker 13: I'm gonna get these numbers to you slowly because they're really important. This is the federal government's data on Pennsylvania. Pennsylvania ranks fifth nationally in average monthly payments both per beneficiary and per provider. That is way out there be number five in both those categories.
Speaker 5: More expensive, that is, in forty five states.
Speaker 13: Over nine six percent of personal care claims here our illness unspecified. That's how they're titled. So we can't track them. It doesn't help if the US Attorney or the Attorney General can't possibly find the fraud because people aren't actually telling us what they're really doing. We have to change that history that's evolved here into the norm. And finally, average payments beneficiary more than fifty thousand dollars. Think about that, fifty thousand per person getting home care in the state on average, far above which you'd ever expect. All this points to fraud. The cases like these are exactly why a holy government approach is so critical.
Speaker 3: And why we have to Now they are fifth in beneficiaries, and these people are not even saying what illnesses they're coming from, and they're fifth in handing out money. The average claim they're saying fifty thousand dollars worth of services. So a while ago, there was a hearing on Medicare fraud and one of the former officials now with the Medicare Medicaid Office, Andy Schneider, was being interviewed by Senator John Kennedy from Louisiana Cut nine. This is what you want to know, why fraud exists. Listen to this exchange between Senator Kennedy and the former Medicaid official Andy Schneider.
Speaker 14: Sure, I'm sure. Don't you think we've ought to put people in jail for cheating?
Speaker 1: Senator, I do not believe states are cheating.
Speaker 5: You don't believe that.
Speaker 14: I do not believe that if they were cheating, what planet did you just parachute in from? Sure? Have worked on this program for a long time, but.
Speaker 5: Believe you cheating. I do not believe states.
Speaker 14: Do you believe in the truth theory? Sure? Do you believe in the easter bunny? Do you believe that Jimmy Hoffa died of natural causes? You're not answering. I do not believe states are cheating in the administration of the Medicaid program.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he doesn't believe that they're cheating. Folks.
Speaker 3: It has now been proven beyond the shadow of a doubt. Look at what has happened in Minnesota. Look what's happened in California. Look what's happening in Ohio. Look what's happening in Maine. Look what's happening in Pennsylvania, Every New York, every rock you turn under. The cheating is massive, and I cannot help to think that some of this is by design. Anyway, We have the clip of the day coming up. Want to leave room for it, so we're gonna take a quick break right now. Fastest hour in American media, James Golden's thirdly will be right back.
Speaker 1: Don't go away The Rush Hour with James Golden entertaining and informative.
Speaker 6: On the Red Apple podcast Network.
Speaker 8: The clip bar day you want to hear it is the clip barther Day.
Speaker 3: Ladies and gentlemen, The clip of the day is three clips combined. As you know, the Wisconsin primaries are coming up soon. The socialist candidate for governor there, Francesca Han, was on CNN talking with Katie and also we have her discussing three different things, thanksgiving her proximity to whiteness. Get a load of that, and then also her take on Donald Trump. Here's our clipper the day. The candidate to become governor of Wisconsin, Governor Francesca Houn.
Speaker 15: You know you've talked about your past positions that he keeps highlighting, and you know obviously likely would continue to do so before November should you win. One thing that they brought up as well was a post from you in twenty twenty one where you said Americans should cancel Thanksgiving, should have done this in sixteen twenty one. The post has been deleted. Republicans have been highlighting it. Do you still believe that Thanksgiving should be canceled.
Speaker 16: I'm a chef and one of the first meals that I made that was for the community when I was sixteen, was a Thanksgiving meal.
Speaker 13: No.
Speaker 16: I always think my hospitality background and owning a restaurant for seven eight years that bringing folks around the table to share conversation and build community is always a good thing. But Thanksgaping is also a time that's incredibly painful for many people in our communities, and so I think there I wanted to make sure that people understood that there are multiple views, but views can evolve and the position that I'm running for right now, and I think my background as a chef will actually help me become a better governor that's able to bring more people to the table.
Speaker 15: Francesca Hong, thank you for joining us. We have to have you back on depending on how things go next week and your primary.
Speaker 10: I wasn't always aware of the struggles of other communities of color because for me, a simulation always kind of took over, and so I did marry my proximity to whiteness continues right. I'm my son is biracial.
Speaker 5: He's half white and half Korean.
Speaker 10: And I think navigating you know, what his identity is and how people perceive him as is always at the back of my mind. And the restaurant industry.
Speaker 16: When we're out of something, we say it's eighty six, and I'd say it's about time we eighty six Trump.
Speaker 10: He represents the utter failure.
Speaker 16: Of our government to keep us safe from threats both viral and systemic.
Speaker 3: She thinks about her proximity to whiteness with her son. It's about effing time we eighty six Trump. And this woman wants to be the governor of Wisconsin. And by the way, her poll numbers are amazing. We're living today with the Impressions. We played one from Sam Gooden, his passing member of the Impressions, Curtis Mayfield. The Impressions. I was talking with Carlos and explained to him how important the impressions were during their tenure. This is a beautiful one. The main ingredient did it over. I'm so proud. Written by Curtis Mayfield. We'll leave you with that one. May God bless and protect each and every single one of you, your families and your loved ones. God will and we're back tomorrow for the Wednesday edition of both Nerdlease rush Hour. Until then, my friends, I bid you adio.
Speaker 5: Bye.
Speaker 6: Thanks for listening to Bo Strdley's Rush Hour. You can hear Bo Nerdley's Rush Hour weekdays at four on seventy seven WABC. If you like the podcast, share it with your friends and listen anytime at WABC radio dot com and download the WABC Radio app. Hit that subscribe button on all major podcast platforms. Plus follow WABC on social on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and X see you next time for a new episode, so you never have to wonder
Speaker 5: What the heck is going on here