Speaker 1: Big Food and Beyond with Cliff and Bubo. These guys are your favorites, so light share, subscribe and rain it lip stick and on Yesterday and listening watching Limb always keep its watching.
Speaker 2: And now you're hosts Cliff Barrickman and James Boobo Fay. I hear the resonant sounds of Bobo's new Man cave.
Speaker 3: Yep, you're hearing it.
Speaker 1: It sounds cavernous.
Speaker 3: It's not cavernous. I'm up in the guest room.
Speaker 1: Okay, but's just is it kind of like the bat cave at all? I mean, is it the stone walls with like flying rodents or anything.
Speaker 3: It's got all redwood, little four inch tongue and grooves slaps around the whole thing on the walls, and then it's got a white panted roof. So it's not it's not totally dark at all. It's it's it's a pretty nice balance nice.
Speaker 1: That sounds great, man, because your other house, being right on the beach, was often very gloomy and stuff like that, and you know it had dark wooden walls, so it was darker inside than so your new situation is much more bright and cheery.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I did the last couple of days. I get up, I look and I look west down the bedroom milks due west and I look out. I just see this gray wall like about five miles away over on.
Speaker 1: The coast, meaning the cloud the fog, right, yeah, the coastal fog. Holy smell. You're out of the fog.
Speaker 3: Wow, it's weird.
Speaker 1: That's kind of cool though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm stuck. I'm stuked. I mean, like, you know, I'm a little homesick when we miss like there's certain things we miss, you know. But it's cool. I'm excited for the change. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, it's better to be homesick than sick with black mold, like like the last place, you know exactly. Oh that's great. Well, congratulations. How did the move go. That must have been because you've been pretty uh entrenched, I guess in that last place for decades.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And hell, I had no I knew it was going to be a hassle, but I had no idea how bad because when I moved in, like I just kind of moved like I had another place. I was living at that beach house. The rent was like three twenty five or something when I moved in, and I was splitting it with Kyle. So you know, it's like I had a beach house for like less than two hundred bucks a month. So I was like, oh sweets. I'd go back and forth, and over the course of a couple of years, stuff moved in. And then when I moved in, moved in, I didn't have any good stuff at my old house because it was just a total party pass or everything. It was the rash. I just got rid of it and just moved in and just got you know, bought a couple of couches and you know, it was it just transition. It was nothing. It took me like two hours to move in. You know when I moved.
Speaker 1: Places in your hont A Civic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh, this wasn't funny, but it was kind of crazy. Was we were moving my big half ton gun safe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a big one man, what is it six feet tall?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And we were hauling it up there. We were there was four of us hauling it up the stairs and had it on a big special Dolly, heavy duty dolly for moving that kind of stuff. I was pushing up from below and Albo was pushing from below, and then these two other guys, jeffro and trash on top pulling and the matt was there to wipe your feet off, and he leaned back and pushed off so hard it shot out. That shot the mat out from under him, and he landed on his back, and then Jeffro couldn't hold it by himself and so it fell on both of them. Dude, that crushed him dead. No, no, just like bad bruising and banged up and just really sore. And Jeffro got kind of tore up. He had lost a bunch of skin off was like his whole upper arm and down his arm forearm. And he was leaving the next day to go on a tuna trip out of San Diego, h and m on a long long range tuna trip. But it's not the best time they go out to see on a fishing boat. When he got he's probably got like one hundred and fifty square inch gap of missing skin.
Speaker 1: Oh jeez, well you sold it to me. When you called me and gave me the date.
Speaker 2: You were like, Oh, they're totally cool because they're skaters and they like love scars and stuff, so they're.
Speaker 3: Cool, I said, I said, they love scars. They're just used to them. They don't care like they're both like they're both hardcore skaters and just like whatever, like like there's like they're they're covered in scars, so they're they're just like, yeah, no worries.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm sure that salt water will feel good on that bear, like missing skin. Yeah in the sun? Oh man?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, what's what's squatchy going on? Oh man?
Speaker 1: Well, I went, I was in the woods this morning. I did the dawn patrol. I was out there before dark or before daylight rather in the dark. I found a couple of maybes. And there's another spot that I this other spot that I was working, but some other people are working it also, and uh it turns out like two weeks ago I found some fake tracks in the area. So that's unfortunate, like obviously tracks, Yeah, so so unfortunate. That's the first so which brings up a lot of problems of course, you know, because there's a hoaxer in the area, and so the.
Speaker 3: Guy that told you probably told someone else that you're up there looking around up there.
Speaker 1: Well you know, these other guys been working the spot for a while and stuff. But I think what the deal is is that, I mean, I don't think it's one of them, like I know them. I don't think it's one of them. But they've been bringing other people there, and word, I think word got out that they're working the spots, and I don't I don't know what the deal is. I don't know like the whole you know, politics sucks.
Speaker 3: Do that sucks. That's why I keep it. I keep it close to the vest. And that's why don't tell anyone. Like I got a spot, like my good friends, I don't tell them where it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's so simple, man. If you don't want people to know, don't tell them. It's that simple. But I don't know they I have no idea. Maybe they wanted the attention, maybe they won't just like bring their friends out and show them or something. But but you know, you tell one person and then well that that one person is going to say, oh, I can tell my brother or I can tell my my buddy, you know, and then they tell and the next thing, you know, six or seven people know. And luckily that's not my best spot, you know, because it's not my best spot at all, but still it's a good enough spot that I would go there with some frequency, you know. But Now, anything that comes out of there I have to assume is hoaxed, or even if it's not. See, that's the problem. There's been sightings in the area from people I know and trust, so they are in the area, you know. So it's one of these situations where we have a good location that you know, there's a hoax in there now. And the best analogy I have, and I've probably said it before in the podcast, like everybody loves a hot tub, right, feels good you go into jacuzzi or whatever, you sit there, it's delicious, right, it feels wonderful. Well, okay, now somebody takes a dump in the jacuzzi. The water is still warm. It's gonna feel good if you go in, but you don't want to go in there. Dude, there's a turn in there, and then you'll probably never go in that hot tub again. And you know, there's a turn in the jacuzzie, basically, is what it comes down to. That's the best analogy I have for it. Even if there are our sasquatches there, none of the data, none of the information can be used now none because who knows now that the good news and there was no good news in this honestly. But one of the things about it is that I was so capable of recognizing the wooden stomper thing because London tracks, I'm very very well versed in that stuff. But the stuff that i've I've previously gotten from this one particular area looks very very good. So there's a reasonable chance that, like the hoaxing thing is brand new, because I think I would have recognized a hoax a while ago, you know, like maybe the six months ago or something like that, because these are so plainly fake. So I don't know how.
Speaker 3: Many how many were there, like of the of the the youse said the fake tracks, how many was there like a whole trackway.
Speaker 1: Or just a couple were Like now, it wasn't even a trackway. It was like a few tracks here and there. I found two or three in one spot. Then a couple hundred yards away I found the same stomper, leaving about two, three, five, four. I don't know. I think I came home with six or seven fake tracks. You cast them, yeah, definitely, absolutely, Yeah. I personally think it's very important to cast fake prints when you find them.
Speaker 3: I thought you just cast one maybe if it's the same one over and over, or you got to cast a couple to show us through repetitive I guess, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's like the London tracks. Now, mind you, I'm a bit obsessive about stuff. I have over seventy of the London tracks, and I've said this often. If I had one London track, if I would have just chosen the best one and cast it, I would still think they're real.
Speaker 3: I just watched video on that the other day. I was still kind of fooled by some of them. I was like, like, we're like, did the Pirouette spin and all that? I'm like, is that the best fake track what you've seen? I mean, I haven't seen a lot of them, but I never saw it in person, but the video I saw it, but that looked like the best one I've seen.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean now that, well, I learned so much from the London tracks. I can't say I was naive, but I was less way less experienced. At that point. It was twenty twelve, you know, and tracks are fairly rare and that sort of thing. But by the way, there's still bigfooters out there that think the London tracks are real. Quite a few of them. Actually, one person actually told me he's a kind of a paranormal guy told me that the Bigfoots make their footprints look like stompers in order to fool people like me, which I think is ridiculous, of course, but it was at the best trackway, I mean a lot. I personally think that whoever faked that has some knowledge of sasquatch footprints. But you know, the London track thing won't die. Last week, I think it was last week, maybe the week before, I don't know if you don't elastic timeline issues. But recently this summer I got a text from these people that I met. I think I met him at squatch Fest last year in January. These people came up to me and they said, yeah, yeah, our nephew knows about the London tracks. He may have made them, or if he didn't make them, he knows the person who did. No way, Yeah yeah, like this past year in twenty twenty five. Now, of course, you know, that's no different really in substance than someone saying, oh, my neighbor's cousin is the guy in the Patterson Gimlin film suit. R. You know, it doesn't mean anything until there's some evidence about it.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: But just this past week I got a text from them saying that their nephew's ready to talk and I should I should try to get a hold of them. So I texted them back saying, that's awesome. Can I have some contact information? And I have not heard back from them yet, you know. So it's one of these things, just one of these people on the list that I need to reach out to again and just start poking and stuff. And I spoke to them on the phone a few months back, I think in April or something like that, and they said, Hey, he may not want to talk because blah blah blah, you know. And I guess if I had hoaxed something, I may not be so willing to talk about it either or something. But hopefully he is. I would love love, I mean not mind you. If anybody in the world has a reason to want the London tracks to be real, it's me. I was on TV saying they're real, you know, I would love them to be real, but I know they're not. But I would love to get the Stompers. God, what a score that would be for the museum. Yeah, but we digress. But yeah, it's a Q and a episode. So we're going to be taking some voicemails as we always do, and then take some written questions for me. All that will jump over to the member side and do the same thing just for our pigeons because we love them so much. So, Matt Prutt, do you want to tell us how people can submit questions and then give us one? Absolutely?
Speaker 2: You can head over to Bigfoot and Beyond podcast dot com and click the contact form or click the link in the show notes aka the episode description below.
Speaker 3: Oh and the most requested Bobo storytime story that I've always refused to tell. I got talked into telling the turn the driveway, Turn the Driveway story.
Speaker 1: Oh really, that's a good one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that's coming up. So if you look and look forward to that, you tease.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, here is the first voicemail. Hey guys, my name's Larry Heck.
Speaker 4: I'm from the Saint Louis area and I've been interested in the subject of Bigfoot since the midnight nineteen fifties when i read articles in some of my dad's Argacy and True magazines about the Edmund Hillary expedition, and anyway, I've been following it ever since. But I just was curious to know about what your opinion might be about Reinhold Messner and the accounter he had a number of years ago when he was crossing eastern Tibet on foot. He said he thought that it might be some kind of a hybrid bear that he came face to face with as it was getting dark. Anyway, I've heard the account as he gave it to Mark Davies, and it was I've always thought it was really a kind of a spooky thing. But I'd appreciate any comments that you guys might have. And anyway, keep up the good work. Love listening to you guys, you Cliff and Bobo and.
Speaker 1: Through it. You guys do a great job.
Speaker 4: It's always a lot of fun. So I hope you all are having a great day, and take care.
Speaker 3: I got I was so mad at him. I called him a woosie after after when he came out and recanted all that because he took so much grief. He like he caves. I read his book twice, and I read the book I read about him, that all this stuff Lauren Coleman wrote on him, And yeah, I mean he said it was a bear that was standing up right darting on two legs from rock to rock and whistling. Yeah. I was just like, I was like, dude, because he couldn't handle like people heckling on it. It's like you're the bad most badass mountaineer ever. Like he's he's if you read his stories, it's he did the most amazing stuff and he was super respective, but he just couldn't handle getting heckled. So he he came up with this whole thing about it was a bear, but he, uh, he didn't discover that stuff about those bears, that those when they're juveniles they climbed trees. Sub adolescens, they their foot is actually the morphology of the foot changes, so he can climb trees better. And think, that's what a lot of people thought were yetie track, except that warn't yety tracks. So he kind of went with that, and he just kind of went off on that direction. Ok.
Speaker 1: I think I just found the section here in his book. It's on page four. I'm going to read it here. Then, suddenly, silent as a ghost, something large and dark stepped into a space thirty feet ahead among the rhododendron bushes, a yak, I thought, becoming excited at the thought of meeting some Tibetans and getting a hot meal and a place to sleep that evening. But the thing stood still, then noiseless, and light footed. It raced across the forest floor, disappearing, reappearing, picking up speed. Neither branches nor ditches slowed its progress. This was not a yak. The fast moving silhouette dashed behind a curtain of leaves and branches, only to step out into a clearing some ten yards away. For a few seconds, it moved upright. It was as if my own shadow had been projected onto the thicket. For one heartbeat, it stood motionless, and then turned away and disappeared into the dusk. I had expected to hear it make some sound, but there was nothing. The forest remained silent. No stones rolled down the slopes, no twigs snapped. I might have heard a few soft footfalls in the grayness of the underbrush. Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and beyond with Cliff and Bobo. We'll be right back after these messages. Hey, Boba, whatever happened to your gone squatch and hat used to wear and finding Bigfoot?
Speaker 3: Now I don't have that hat anymore. I gave it to Lauren Coleman for his museum. But I might be asking for it back because I'm getting a little nervous in summertime, getting too much so on the scalp up there now, and I'm getting bit uy a mosquitoes. There's not a big lush crop to fend them off. It's it's hell bobs.
Speaker 1: You don't need another hat. You just need to personalize your plan to regrow your hair. You can access treatments that combine clinically prove them an oxidyle and finasteride to stop hair loss and regrow hair in just three to six months.
Speaker 3: Count me in Hyms offers convenient access to a range of prescription hair loss treatments with ingredients at work, including choose oral medication, serums and sprays.
Speaker 1: Doctor trusted clinically proven ingredients like finasteride and anoxidyl can stop hair loss and regrow hair and as little as three to six months.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it shouldn't be a chore to feel like yourself. HIMS brings expert care straight to you with one hundred percent online access to personalized treatments that put your goals first.
Speaker 1: No hidden fees, no surprise costs, just real personalized care. On your schedule.
Speaker 3: For simple online access to personalize and affordable care for hair loss ed, weight loss, and more, visit hymns dot com slash beyond.
Speaker 1: That's hymns dot com slash beyond. For your free online visit hymns dot com slash beyond.
Speaker 2: Individual results may vary based on studies of topical and oral monoxidale and finasteride. Prescription required. See website for full details, restrictions and important safety information. Oh and then the next paragraph it goes on. He talks about following it a little bit, and it says, there in the black clay, I found a gigantic footprint. It was absolutely distinct, even the toes were unmistakable. To see that imprint was fresh. To see that the imprint was fresh, I touched the soil next to it. It was fresh. I took a picture and changed and checked the soil around it. My shoes shit and sinking nearly as deeply.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so upright dashing about like his own shadow. That doesn't sound like a bear, because what is at the very end of it all That would probably be much harder for me to find. But he comes at the conclusion that, like no I saw a bear. I saw a bear silently upright dashing about that appeared as if his own shadow was cast upon the Nah. Yeah, I'm with you, Bobes. I think he was stout man.
Speaker 3: You know. I think I think it's like the second last page hases his revamped I like when he changed his his story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the second last page.
Speaker 3: I think that's what it is. With the last page.
Speaker 1: Maybe even well, I don't see it, and we do have a live podcast going on here, but in the middle of the book, we do have a plate, a photographic plate of the the footprint, and the footprint that he photographed is clearly a bear. So what what?
Speaker 3: What? What?
Speaker 1: What's the deal? Did he not describe it appropriately in order to kind of lead us to believe that he was observing a yetti or did did he not? Was he unable to identify it as a bear print right there? Because clear as day it's a bear print. You can even see the nails in front of it. Yeah, So there's something shady going on, like he either kind of teased and let us on and the later later lead us let us down, or he doesn't know what a bear print looks like, which I find a little hard to believe. Yeah, I don't know. Something shady about that. I don't and whatever is going on, I don't think it's cool. No, yeah, that's just my opinion. I don't. I just think it's it's weird. Something's weird about it. I mean, did you do that to sell books? That's seems inappropriate. I don't know what the deal is, but whatever, man, whatever.
Speaker 3: I guess I guess we answered that one. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But let's pause a moment and give some kudos to Larry. Since the mid fifties, he's been into this with the Hillary pictures. That's pretty rad. That's a long time. That's a long time man like that. That's that's impressive. So hats off to you, Larry, and thank you for the question. And thanks for the kind of words. Oh yeah, the kind words too. All right, So here is the next voicemail.
Speaker 5: Hi, Cliff Biber and Matt Nigel Cooling from LA really enjoying the program. And I also appreciate you giving my children's middle grade book Asha a couple of weeks ago, Alphie and the big Foot of Bluff Greek. Thanks for doing that. Then my question really is on bigfoot bodies. I've been needing some research into bigfoot bodies, and I was reading the story of the Minnesota Iceman, which was a big foot that was told in the sixties as part of a traveling show in an ice cube, and then thought and examined. I'd love to know your thoughts on that particular story and what you think the truth of that is. Okay, thanks again for a wonderful program gets me through Sunday night and the week. Keep it Squatchy and look forward to you your thoughts and your answers.
Speaker 1: Take care. Hey, well, Nigel, First of all, thanks for the copy of Alfhi. I got it. That's literally on the floor of my office waiting to be cataloged right now. Thank you very much for the copy that I think that was cool, really really appreciate that. So Minnesota Iceman. Did we talk to Ken Gerhart about this? He's kind of the expert in it right now, I think, isn't he?
Speaker 3: We talked to someone about it.
Speaker 2: That's one of those things that's been brought up in multiple episodes, but I don't think we've ever devoted a whole episode or a big part of a discussion to it, but we have.
Speaker 1: It's one of the things been touched on several times over the years. Oh okay, because Ken's got an hour long presentation on it and he's really done a great job of doing some deep dives in there. Maybe we should give him a call and have him back on the podcast. Yeah, give Bobo a chance to not call him le promises.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I mean it's it's uh. I haven't heard Ken's talk, but I've talked to him about it in the past, and then to meet you Baynov in Russia. He did. He researched it for twenty five years and he's still convinced that Jimmy Stewart bought it and had it destroyed, the real one where he's passed now. But until his death he thought that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, there is there. Peter Burn was chasing stuff down. I think Todd Nice was telling me that Peter was really working hard on that until pretty close to his death, you know, just a few years ago as well. But I kind of wonder if the Jimmy Stewart thing is just kind of echoes of the Yetti hand thing, the pain bull chief hand, you know. I kind of wonder about that, if that's one of these, if there's any paper trail at all, or if it's factual. I think Todd was telling me that Peter was on the trail of Oh, what's that guy, you know, the very very wealthy guy, the spruce goose guy. You know what I'm talking about, Howard Hughes. Howard Hughes. Yeah, I thought that Peter was saying that he had something to do with it or something. But I guess the longest short of it when it comes down to it, as far as the iceman to put it simply, it's like, I don't know what was going on. Clearly the second one was fake. Was there ever a first one? Who knows? I know personally several people who have who saw the thing when it was on tour through Minnesota and Frank Hanson's display thing, And at least one of those people, if not more than one, told me they could smell it's now. Of course you could just put rotting flesh and something like that and probably stink up the place pretty good. And I wouldn't be surprised if mister Hanson, you know, was that savvy to do that. You know who is?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because they put the light, that light showed it up better than the heat from the bowl cracked the glass and then they got a powerful whiff of decaying flesh. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was a new book that was translated from the French who Webman's wrote the book, of course, and I think Lauren Coleman, I think we had something to do with re releasing it, and I just don't remember. I've got again. I had the book on the shelf, but it was translated from the French, and that was an excellent account of it because as Ivan Sanderson and Welbleman and whatever and kind of there talks about it and well, they're their thoughts on it because they are the people who saw it firsthand and first on top of that, they were kind of the first investigators really check it out. A lot of great photographs in it, I think, if I remember right, Krantz commented in his book that after it was dethowed and refrozen, you could see that things had changed positions a bit. Some of the details I remember off the top of my head, pimples and flex a dirt in the follicles and small hairs and that sort of stuff like I wouldn't be a bit surprised if there was something real to that. But at the same time Frank Hanson, I believe it's kind of a showman if if I understand the reading correctly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that the Jimmy Stewart rumor came about because Hanson had claimed that, you know that the reason that the real body was not available to show anymore was that there was like a wealthy, well known person who was fairly evangelical who had purchased it and didn't want it to be displayed, like some kind of vague statement like that. That then people try to figure out who this person could be, and because of the pangboci hand involvement, they assumed it was Jimmy Stewart, if I'm remembering that correct. But I think that's how that came about.
Speaker 1: That sounds about right. And there's always some sort of like religious thing in there, like somebody was hiding it so they like you wouldn't question evolution or something like that, or you know, some some religious thing. But I think that we're gonna have to be okay with no resolution on the Minnesota Iceman thing unless somebody pops up with the corpse at some point. But where we stand now the Latex dummy, I guess the second one the model that the rumor has it replaced the original, if the original ever existed at all. That's in a museum in Austin. It's like a Museum of the Strange or something like that. I think it's called the Museum of the Weird, Museum of the Weird. I was close for me. That's pretty good. Yeah, so that's down in Austin, Texas. If I remember right, I'd love to go see that. That'd be a cool museum to go check out too. Yeah, maybe we should invite ken Gerhard back on and you can talk about that, because I know he's kind of done more work on that than anybody I know as far as like you know, being out of the road and seeing presentations that he has a whole presentation about it, and he's really spent a lot of time on that one.
Speaker 3: The three of most cited people's explanations where it came from is they say it was shot in Vietnam, like it came back in the Vietnam War. It was shot on the Ho Chi Min trailer or something like that. And then there's some servicemen snuck up back to the US. There's the one that was shot by a guy in Siberia. That's why it's eyeballs hanging out. And then the other one was was got up like Minnesota area, somewhere up there, the Minnesota, miss Upper potential, Michigan somewhere up there.
Speaker 1: Well, the two versions I heard is somebody shot at Minnesota, so that overlaps. Another version I heard is that it was found floating in a block of ice or something like that.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yes, that's another one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a lot of rumors associated with that.
Speaker 3: But it looks like it looks like it got shot in the head though, So it looks like, you know, it was modern.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and if I remember the back of the head, which is what blew the eyeball out of the socket.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's when I just love to know the truth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd like to think there was something there, and maybe there was. I just don't have enough information. But again, people I personally know have seen this thing like they saw it back in the sixties, and they say, I think it was real.
Speaker 3: Yeah. One of our sound one of our sound consultants for Wild There Sounds and former guests on the show, Dave, he saw it. I think he saw it twy.
Speaker 1: I think I was seeking a will a doctor epiphone you know, Yeah, yeah, that works for epiphone guitars. Like he saw it too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I've talked about people that saw it and they were like, yeah, I mean people like that really set close with magnifying glasses.
Speaker 1: You can see that every hair follicle, like it was amazing. Yeah, based on what I've read, I kind of think there might have been something there. But I certainly would like to think there's something there. But again, who knows. And at this point does it do unless somebody comes up with the bones or something, does it do with any good I don't know. Yeah, I have to be okay with not having a resolution on that one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because he took it to Canada and then he was totally he wasn't gonna be able to bring it back or something, because that's why he made the rubber mold or that's where that all came about. Because I guess he made the rubber one because he was so afraid that he was gonna get caught for like murder or something.
Speaker 1: Frank Hanson though, like he not only did he have this you know Minnesota Iceman possible body and stuff, he had like historical John Deere tractors as well. Oh yeah, the very very first one. I think maybe I'm not sure about that. Yeah, certainly historical tractors like this is a known thing. Pretty interesting, But again that just means he's a showman, which probably means he probably shouldn't be trusted. So I don't know. I don't know, Like everything else in bigfoot Land, man, just like there's so many convoluted avenues and rumors and this, and that's I.
Speaker 3: Think you just getting the wrath of the Carneys.
Speaker 1: Or the Bigfoot community. I don't know. Yeah, clowns in the circus. Well, thank you for that question, Nigel, and thank you.
Speaker 2: I did get a copy of the book as well, so greatly appreciate that.
Speaker 1: And here is an equally gruesome and macabre question for.
Speaker 6: You, Hey, Cliff and Bobo. Adam Gusman for Texas here big fan, been listening since the beginning. Had a non Bigfoot question for you, Cliff, you've mentioned Oingo Boingo many times, Just curious what your favorite song is, and same question for you, Bobo, but regards sublime.
Speaker 3: Thanks guys, and keep it Squatchy.
Speaker 1: My favorite Oingo Boingo's song, private Life.
Speaker 3: That's a good one.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's a great one.
Speaker 3: This is my private life. Yeah, I like it only a lad too, because that reminds me of dancing at the high school dances. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, gosh, that whole period, like those three albums. See dead Man's Party. It's okay. I think that's when they turned the page. It's just like, uh like like like the Chili Peppers, they turned the page and became kind of much more mainstream. I should with like Blood Sex Magic I think it was called. And the albums before that, though, are the best ones by far. I think dead Man's Party did that. They put dead Man's Party put uh Oingo Boingo on the charts, but the albums before that only lad. It was a good fear of soul and nothing to fear those three albums. I don't think there's a bad cut on any of those albums.
Speaker 3: And they asked you what was my favorite Sublime song? Oh God, I couldn't say just one. I like, uh, I like it SCP, I like uh what happened There's I like. I like several of them a lot. Uh oh. DJs Man.
Speaker 2: When it comes to their singles, Santo Ria is my favorite of the radio hits.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's good. So I like, I love Sanaa and uh Badfish. That's a great one.
Speaker 2: Santoria to me like really flexes all the like songwriting chops, vocal chops, you know, there's some humor in it. Great guitar chops in that solo, which is like a super clean solo. You know, it's like a really technical solo, but it's not you know, overdriven and compressed. Like it's just there's a whole lot of chops in that song that covers a lot of ground.
Speaker 1: Yeah, stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bogo. We'll be right back after these messages. That is it for the voicemails. So let me grab some of these written submissions. Yeah, we still have some time for a couple of those, I think. Yeah, So here is the first of the written questions for you. Would you like to read it?
Speaker 3: Bobo? Sure? Bob Brewer, that deer and elk throughout thought to be primary food sources for squash. Has anyone brought up the possible effects of wasting disease? It's been prevalent in Colorado for years, it's now in the ozars. Could sus squats be vulnerable in these areas. As your dad bruh.
Speaker 2: It does not seem to have made the leap from ungulates to primates. So there's plenty of humans who've consumed ungulate flesh that has chronic wasting disease and it's not shown up in humans yet. I don't know that it's impossible. It might be very possible. I've heard a number of different podcasts and experts speak about it, but it seems like the concern for that is existent, but a fairly low concern at this point, as far as I understand.
Speaker 1: It, and you know, I'd like to pop in here that I think the deer and elk thing might be over played a bit.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: I know money Maker would disagree with me. He's one hundred percent on the deer train. As far as I know, I think the deer and elk thing might be just a bit over like pushed a little too hard. I think so to be primary food sources, Okay, primary maybe. I think that in the same sort of way that chocolate pudding is a primary resource or a primary food item for Cliff. Deer and elk would be fantastic items to get when they can, but the evidence that I've personally observed in my own life with my own eyes indicates that rodents and insects seem to be primary food sources. So I don't know because I haven't seen, you know, piles of deer and deer. I haven't seen all that stuff. I do think there's a correlation, and I think that part of that correlation is not only that Sasquatches would be happy to take deer down if they could, and they do. Don't get me wrong, I just don't. I hesitate, man, I could be very very wrong, but Moneymaker would certainly say I am. But I hesitate to say that deer and elk are the primary food sources for sasquatch. I think it's like the items that they would prefer to get, but there are so many other things that are easy to get. So, and it has nothing to do with your question, but I just want to put that out there that when you look a look at the stuff that they do, or that they've been seen eating and whatever else, I think the smaller game items might be more primary than deer in olk.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just did some quick research just for clarification since we are talking about something health related I don't want to get it wrong, and I've heard it pronounced both pre on and prion, so I'm going to go with prion because that seems more correct to me, But I could be wrong. But it says there is significant concern that CWD could jump to humans, but there's no evidence to date that this has happened. Laboratory studies have shown that chronic wasting disease prions can infect human sales and genetically modified humanized mice, and prion diseases in the past, like mad cow disease, have crossed this DEC's barrier with serious effects, which raises fears that other prions could similarly adapt over time, and since CWD is spreading and evolving, that might increase cross species transmission risk in the future. But however, research demonstrates a robust species barrier at the moment, and that a twenty twenty four National Institute of Health study found that high levels of CWD prions failed to infect human brain cells, and a decade long study in macaque showed no CWD transmission after exposure, So it seems like the juries out at this point in terms of how that could or when it could happen. But it seems like it hasn't happened yet.
Speaker 3: Well it doesn't. That would suck. I can see it happening though.
Speaker 2: Well, if it did happen, they'd be a lot easier to discover. Yeah, there you go, silver linings. Yeah, silver linings. Always look at the right side. Now, we did talk about this on the member side, but the main folks have not heard about this yet, So this is a good one for Cliff.
Speaker 1: Okay, John Jackson is asking when a track is found, everyone's first instinct is to reach for the plaster to make a cast. Would there be any benefit to scooping up that substrate for an e DNA analysis? Okay, yes and no, Yes and no, not really at this point, but maybe hopefully in the future. I've got a couple of thoughts on this, and I hate to be contrarian. Two questions in a row. I think the first indication, or first instinct is for people to touch the thing. People just touch footprints in the ground. They go, oh my gosh, look at this, and they touch it immediately. That's because humans, of course, their dominant sense is sight, so they look at it and go oh my gosh. And then the secondary is they're going to touch it, just like when my dog, so she was still alive, dog rest her soul, first thing she would do is smell it, because that's their dominant sense, and then she'd put in her mouth. I see it every single day when I'm doing these gigs, you know, doing these events and speaking gigs, and I'm at my table. People come up, they go, oh my gosh, look at that, and they immediately touch whatever is on there. So first instinct is always a touch to the thing, which is a hard thing to overcome, you know. So first n sync is that. But of course I know what you're actually saying. You're not really saying that, but I just want to bring that up again, just to put that out there that if you are ever lucky enough to see a nice looking print in the ground, do not touch it, please. But as far as benefits of scooping up the substrate for an DNA analysis, my understanding of e DNA at this point, I'm no expert at all. I'm involved in a study with the Darby or cut in the North Carolina State University and all that stuff, but I'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination. I'm just a nerd like you guys, a learner whoa whoa, well like everybody else about you bombs but you're still a learner, right yeah, just not the nerd part. But anyway, like the DNA part, at this point, I don't think there's necessarily any benefit for that, and that's it's because of this, it's because of the difficulties with the E DNA. The way Darby is plained it to me is that at this point, since we do not have sasquatch DNA, we do not have a known sample. Finding an unknown sample is kind of like saying this to somebody, Okay, there's a word in this encyclopedia or better at the internet. There's a word on the Internet. It could have nine to seventy letters in it, and I'm not going to tell you what that word is. Go find it. And you're like, what, see, Yeah, there's a word out there. I know what it is, but really nobody knows what it is, and we're not going to tell you what it is. But you have to go find that word on the Internet. And that's kind of what it's like. Whereas if you had had a sasquatch sample, that word would be known, and you can just go, oh, I'm going to use the search function. I'm going to use the find function. I'm going to find this guy and google it and there you got it, right, But that's not the way it is right now. We don't know what We don't even know what we're looking for. We know some but it should kind of look like but that's an assumption as well. So anyway, that's kind of what the EDNA situation is right now. So the EDNA study that I'm involved in right now, Yeah, I mean, I guess there's a really far outside chance of actually getting an DNA hit on the thing, maybe maybe depending on the type of tests that you want to run, which you know, the better the test, the more expensive it is, et cetera. But the stuff that we're trying to do is learn a little bit about maybe where they're going or whatever might be in there, you know, like we take some samples from within the footprint and with outside the outside the footprint and compare them all and see what's only inside versus only outside, right, So seeing what we can learn. Maybe there's a pall in or something might tell us where they're hanging out. We don't know we don't know what there is. But at this point in the game, even the basic tests, you know, at at cost, not even retail, like if you go to a lab, you got to pay more for time and all at cost. Just the materials are several thousand dollars. Who wants to do that? You know, like, do you want to do that? I meant most bigfooters, most people in general, just don't have that kind of funded funding. So at this point, I'm not so sure it's worth collecting the soil from that. You know, Darby knows I have the mattress prints, and I took the soil from the mattress before I frame them, before I frame the swatches there. He knows I have those. You can. I've got probably twenty or thirty casts in my garage right now, cast over the last few years. That's still a dirt on them. He knows that too. Not interested in it, right because there's not much you could do about that at this point. So I think in the future, once we get a hit on sasquatch DNA, then I think that's going to be of interest because you can find out, oh, which sasquatch was this when we start keeping track of individuals in certain areas. Most of that will be done, just like with other mammals, by studying the signs they leave behind, not by visually observing sasquatches. All mammals, whether you're talking you know whatever, bears or sasquatches or what. All mammals are very hard to observe with your eyes. Most of them are nocturnal, most of them don't want to have anything to do with you know you're coming before you get there and leave the area. So the best way to study mammals is to look at the sport the stuff they leave behind. So when we have the sasquatch yet, we will, in my opinion, we will be tracking sasquatch individuals by their DNA And that's my hopes of working with North Carolina State University at this point is that they will get a hit and then we can go back to the data I've already collected and start tracking those individuals and continue doing it, you know, for the rest of my life. I think that would be a fantastic way to spend my time, But at this point I'm not so sure that there's any use in that. Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and beyond with Cliff and Bobo. Be right back after these messages, do you ice?
Speaker 3: I just found dude that I've been like, I found on the move, I said the rest of I found some really cool stuff. I found some stuff, some possible hair DNA or hair hair samples.
Speaker 1: I know a guy, his name's Derby.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna send them. I'm gonna send them in next week.
Speaker 1: Let me know if you need a direction to send that or phone number, email or something like that.
Speaker 2: Okay, well there is one more written submission. I think this would be a fun one to end on. I like such thought experiments.
Speaker 3: Nathan Craig, if you could go back in time to investigate one particular event or sighting within the Bigfoot world that isn't the PG sighting? What which which would it be? And why.
Speaker 1: There's so many?
Speaker 2: Which one would you want to be there to be present for to observe to see if it went down the way they said it went down.
Speaker 3: Maybe Ape Canyon, just because it's so iconic, but that would be kind of scared they didn't see too much. Maybe not that's something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you could just be posted up on the hillside or like wherever you have a commanding view, you know. And I'm guessing since you have a time machine, like you could bring a thermal back with you, you know, or a camera or something.
Speaker 3: It doesn't say that for it.
Speaker 1: Oh, he did say investigate, so we have to assume that, like this event just happened and you're the investigator and you go out there. He didn't say witness. He didn't say witness it. He said investigate one particular event or sighting close very semantically oriented today. Yeah, I'm full of piss and vinegar. Is why, man, You're like, wow, first instinct.
Speaker 3: It had been pretty cool to see the cripple foot tracks in the ground.
Speaker 1: Yeah, from it's got to be the Framan footage for me. Yeah, because no one did it for so long, you know, I mean, growing up in Bigfoot Land, people were saying, oh, the area has changed so much, they developed it, blah blah blah. Oh that wasn't true. The trees are all still there. Nobody, I mean apparently West, Summerlin and maybe Paul. I think West did it for sure, but I don't know if Paul did it. Measured the tree at the time and they said it was about seven feet about. Isn't good enough, you know, I mean, and the footprints that were there. There were other footprints at the site, and of course Paul told conflicting stories about what he did immediately afterwards, probably out of embarrassment because he was so afraid. So there's a lot of unfinished business in my opinion, having to do with the Freeman footage. So for me, it would have to be that event, because there was a lot there that was not mined, you know, and it should have been that every ounce of gold should have been gotten out of that one before it was put away. And I just don't think that it was a very robust investigation closer to the actual event of August twentieth, nineteen ninety two.
Speaker 3: What did the invent poster where you could commercially buy plaster of Paris? Do you don't have any idea about that? Like or something similar, really similar?
Speaker 1: I think that then like the Romans have it or something like that. I don't know, well, I mean.
Speaker 3: Think you go on a store and just buy it like a bag.
Speaker 1: Who knows or no.
Speaker 2: I'm going to stick to my interpretation because I think if you have a time machine, it's not like, hey, here's a time machine. You can go to any time except when it happened. You can only go in the aftermath.
Speaker 1: Of what it happened. That'd be a pretty crappy time machine.
Speaker 3: Oh the Balman Balman, I'd go Bauman.
Speaker 2: I would want to see the Glenn Thomas sighting. Imagine if you had a camera and you can get footage of that whole event, if it happened the way he said it, you'd get minutes of daylight, unobstructed footage of them interacting with those rocks, which are still displaced to this day. And you'd be able to document all that and show the world exactly what moved those rocks.
Speaker 1: And it'd be a long extended clip.
Speaker 2: You'd know what an adult male and adult female juvenile look like. I mean, there'd be so much if you could just get posted up with a camera and document that. There's other things I'd want to see or experience, like a canyon would be super cool. A bunch of those other stories, but I think that one would be the most data rich.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I mean you're changed it there, but you're saying you're gonna view it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he says if you could go back in time. I don't think he's saying investigate. I mean I think he's saying, like to participate in, to observe, to investigate, whatever the case may be.
Speaker 1: Like, it's a time machine.
Speaker 2: It's not like, hey, you can go back to any point in time except while the thing's happening. You can only go back in time after it happened. That doesn't make any sense, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but then you can investigate it. Then you can investigate it. Well, you could witness it and investigate it afterwards. Nathan Craig, You're gonna have to tell us did you mean investigate or witness?
Speaker 3: You're causing problems here, man, straighten it out.
Speaker 1: You're like breaking up the trio. You're gonna get it. You think we're all in different states or be a fistfight right now.
Speaker 3: Nathan Craig's a Yoko Ono of Bigfoot.
Speaker 2: I think just offering a thought experiment about a time machine.
Speaker 1: It can't have too many.
Speaker 2: He already put in one caveat, like anything other than the patterns, insiding like, okay, I'll give you that one caveat, but then to have other well, you can only.
Speaker 1: Go in the aftermath. You can only investigate it afterwards. It's like, come on, man, let me ask you this. Did Bob Gimlin investigate the Patterson Giblin site or did Bob Titmas investigate the Patterson Giblin site.
Speaker 2: I would say Gimblin did both. He not only observed the thing that happened, but then you know, he subsequently followed up on the tracks and they cast a right and laughed, et cetera, et cetera. I think you're zero, very hung up on like the literal technical definition of investigate here in your semantic obsession today.
Speaker 1: Perhaps I like that plaster of Paris.
Speaker 3: It's been available since the eighteen hundreds commercially, like you go in and buy it. So I'm just wondering why no one else casts tracks sooner.
Speaker 1: Good question.
Speaker 3: That is a good question.
Speaker 2: You should submit it using the contact form below and see what we'll answer it next time.
Speaker 1: Remember, but Nathan, I want I want to know your intent. Nathan, send us an email. Get this all riled up? Yeah, I'm not gonna be able to sleep tonight.
Speaker 2: Well, that is it for the written submissions, and we got plenty of submissions and a voicemail from the pigeons.
Speaker 3: All right, cou cou COO.
Speaker 1: Want to gets out of here? Bobs.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, I'm gonna leave in all that silence, you're great for it. All right, folks, that's another episode of Bigfoot and Beyond. We appreciate you tuning in. Hit like hit Share, spread the word like thunderbird until next week, Keep it squatchy.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening to this week's episode of Bigfoot and Beyond. If you liked what you heard, please rate and review us on iTunes, subscribe to Bigfoot and Beyond wherever you get your podcasts, and follow us on Facebook and Instagram at Bigfoot and Beyond podcast. You can find us on Twitter at Bigfoot and Beyond that's an N in the middle, and tweet us your thoughts and questions with the hashtag Bigfoot and Beyond