Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning, and welcome, welcome, welcome. It's time now for our community connection right here on K one, Bill one you.
Speaker 2: Trust, and I tell you what.
Speaker 1: It's always good to have folks who've been here at Timers maybe five or six before. So we have Tony and Marty in the studio today and we're talking about a nice little partnership between the bartletviill Sipathon Club and Friends of Dewey Parks. And whenever we have a partnership, it's like the first part is party. Well, okay, in this case it is Tony.
Speaker 3: How you doing yes, just fine, How are you doing doing great?
Speaker 2: Tell us a little bit about this paddle party.
Speaker 4: Well, we are giving a part a title party November this second at seven pm at the Elks Club and we are giving twenty five percent of our proceeds at night to the Dewey Parks and Mark.
Speaker 1: The parts have been coming along pretty good, do you Guys have been doing those bricks and everything, and now it's starting to pay off.
Speaker 5: It is and the organizations around the community and outside the community, family and friends have contributed to our matching grunt that we're working on with the Lion Foundation. And we're getting really close. So we're getting really excited.
Speaker 3: We are.
Speaker 6: It's big money, it's a big.
Speaker 3: Guys at the paddle party. Understand.
Speaker 6: Yes, you'll have bricks at the battle party.
Speaker 2: Oh you will, Yes, bricks and paddles. What can go wrong?
Speaker 3: What can go wrong? Exactly?
Speaker 4: Exactly, nothing can go wrong.
Speaker 3: She's never been to a panel.
Speaker 5: Party yet, you haven't you know this is going to be Have you been to a pattle party?
Speaker 2: No, but she's explained it to me. I feel a lot better. Okay for everybody.
Speaker 6: Who being a teacher, I don't.
Speaker 3: This is a paddle.
Speaker 4: This isn't like you just have a baby paddle work. Okay, when you come in, you buy a paddle for five dollars, and you want to bring all the quarters or buy quarters once you get there, and we will have gifts eat all of our club and other people are bringing in gifts contributed. Yes, and we show you what you well. Okay, let's go back to the paddle first. The paddle, you have numbers out here, so they usually pick a year they got was born or Mary or something that meant something significant. Right, then we take that bingo ball put it in the thing so you know that your number is in there.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: When we get ready, then we show you a gift that we're going to do, and we'll start out with one that we could go for twenty five cents. On your table will be a rambow if you want it. After we show you, you put a quarter in the dish, you raise that paddle. You got to have that paddle up or it doesn't count. And then if your number is called, you get that for a quarter. Oh and these gifts have to be at least twenty five dollars.
Speaker 3: A value of twenty five dollars.
Speaker 6: Oh wow, yeah, and if.
Speaker 4: It's more than fifty, then we auction. Oh yes, but if it doesn't go for the first quarter that you put in, a person puts in. If your numbers not and you want to bid on it again, you put another quarter.
Speaker 6: Just that rock I just heard about, right.
Speaker 4: I told her about my rock my first Civitan paddle party. There was this rock that I really wanted. Will I think it was because I didn't want the other lady to have one of those I.
Speaker 3: Shouldn't have said.
Speaker 2: This happens.
Speaker 4: So I just get bidding, and I paid forty five dollars for a rock. But it was a real pretty rock for your garden, and it is still in my gardener.
Speaker 3: Yes, job, yes, that's good. Okay, where were quarters?
Speaker 2: You go for an.
Speaker 4: Auction auction, okay, or if it doesn't go for three times times, then you have I've done about right. So there will be several auction gifts, because I've got one already that a person gave me for it. So oh okay, So yeah, it's it's just wonderful. And then we have eat six thirty. We're going to open up the doors of six thirty. We will have eats there. You can come, get your stuff you want to eat, take it to your table, and be ready to.
Speaker 3: Do you a paddle, right.
Speaker 4: And we have I've taken the paddles up to two hundred now, so we can go.
Speaker 2: We can see now that's a good range. Twenty five cents to two hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: That's a good well, I mean the paddles.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I mean I've got her two hundred paddles. So because we ran out one time when we were doing it downtown, Yeah, we had to close the door. We had too many people in the room and we didn't have enough paddals. Oh no, And so they actually said, you know, you need to find a bigger place and more paddles. And so that's why twice a year, that's why we do them twice a year is because it's such as such a big deal.
Speaker 6: Such a big deal that year at the Elkslides.
Speaker 4: Then yeah, and the big Yeah, it's the big room that we.
Speaker 6: Have, that big room. I think we've I've been to a few school dancers or something a ballroom. Yeah, it's huge.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and lots of excitement, lots of excitement.
Speaker 3: And we've got kids involved. Now.
Speaker 4: My grandson and his friends have decided that they want to go to these pedal parties, and so I save all my quarters for them, and they have a.
Speaker 3: They have fun, and then he gives me amathed. You know, something comes up. He wants to be it on he goes, can I be it? Oh yeah, certain a certain amount, and then you have to stop.
Speaker 1: No, this is going to be great. It's gonna first of all, it's going to be a lot of fun. And friends of Dowy Park benefits from this two degree nice.
Speaker 6: I know that's good to have friends like that.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, Grace has been a long time friend of mine and hours.
Speaker 6: We're in several clubs. I know we saw you not too long ago, two weeks ago, Yeah, with Pilot and Pilot Club. Pilot Club. Yeah, I've been in that for years or something. Anyway.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so the parks were coming along and the Lions Club and the City of Dewey.
Speaker 6: So the City of Dewey is redone sidebox. They're bad at the lighting.
Speaker 5: They've added all kinds of things to make that park that's looked like the same ever since I started teaching and doing it hasn't changed, but it will soon.
Speaker 1: It will understand the electricity, bathrooms, everything, Yeah, the works, and because Dewey is one of these places where people go on the weekends to do a lot of shopping and sight seeing and with well with everything you got there at the hotel and the mixed museum and everything. And on top of that they do all those street little things, you know, like the Western Heritage Days.
Speaker 5: That day, yes, first we have the swap Yeah, yes, so great. Travis decided that we needed to say PEX hot dogs, so we're selling more PEX hot dogs. Yeah, and earlier that day and then that evening we're gonna go join Civitans and paddle party are going to be all.
Speaker 2: Day love goodness, sakes, have hot.
Speaker 6: Dogs, They're awesome. We sold out last time.
Speaker 1: Well this is gonna be awesome. So once again, the big date is coming up on November the second. This will be at seven pm. This is the Elks Lide. This is the one right behind the right behind Wialdmart, that big beautiful building out there.
Speaker 3: And both gates will be open.
Speaker 2: Both gates will be open. You will get.
Speaker 4: Floodgate because they didn't want people driving through. But yeah, the night of our paddle parties, say opened both.
Speaker 2: Gates, that'd be great.
Speaker 3: Yo.
Speaker 1: Now, this is an awesome setting and of course it's going to house a lot of people.
Speaker 2: You need that because.
Speaker 3: You know and you never know what we're going to have.
Speaker 2: No, that's the big surprise to be.
Speaker 3: I now never.
Speaker 5: Because a shop and I had to go home one of my former students for one of the baskets. So I'm like, Curtis, I think you have some items we might Yeah, I think he does, so yeah, I know we're getting excited and loading our baskets up, so it should be fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Now, how much fun is just to put on one of these things.
Speaker 3: And then you know it's a lot of work.
Speaker 4: Oh, but it's I mean getting all your baskets together and getting the tables all set up and getting your baskets lined up and how you want it. And then we have to talk about a list because we have to mark off when that basket goes and so we can keep tracking what we're doing.
Speaker 6: That would be a good idea.
Speaker 2: Tony, keep that clipboard handy.
Speaker 5: Yes, I'm curious. How many baskets do you usually get.
Speaker 4: We have usually enough baskets, like a hundred we've had. I don't think we've had quite a hundred, but this but tonight, I would no, baby of the second, I would say we'll have at least that maybe. So Yeah, and it takes time, I mean to get Yeah, because I heard about your Wayside experience where you helped Westside School thirty six hundred.
Speaker 6: Dollars that they raised. That's that's a lot.
Speaker 4: Of days they were doing sleigh ground for the special needs special.
Speaker 1: Needs, and that's what you got. A lot of hes got a good history of success with these events, and that's kind of putting them well, that's the.
Speaker 4: First one they were getting to get proceeds away, and we gave all the proceeds to you because of excited one of our civitans, her kids went to school there, and then the principal came in was our MC for the night, and he was marvelous. He was and basically his son is all too stick and so it benefits him. And his family came and it was a marvelous to watch him because if the little boy tried to get round it, he'd just walk.
Speaker 3: Over shoulder and look at him in right down. I mean, it was just marvelous to watch him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my goodness.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's a special family.
Speaker 3: I work a special family.
Speaker 5: I work with him in two different ways. He was one of my fellow teachers and then a principal, and then his wife is one of my dentalists, so they kept the younger kids are sweethearts.
Speaker 2: Sweetheart, this is amazing.
Speaker 1: We live in such a great community here in Washington County in general, where everybody just kind of comes together. We help each other out, and it's a beautiful thing. You don't find this. I lived in a lot of places and it's not like I was a hobo or a bomb, you know.
Speaker 2: But I am in radio and you do have a tendency to travel. That's but this is a rare fine. This is a real diamond.
Speaker 3: I mean like we have got the Cibtan Park.
Speaker 2: Yeah, lookaur Park, they love it.
Speaker 4: We had the Barswall Senior elderly apartment sound on your lane. I was the manager out there for fifteen years and it's a marvelous place for seniors and it's head low income.
Speaker 7: So yeah, not only that, but you help Pilot Club not too long ago to buy three adult trikes for the autistic school from past and has independence my neighbors. So yeah, so they get around and do a lot of really cool stuff for the community.
Speaker 1: And what did you smile a lot? Well, we've got the big party coming up. It's to benefit friends of Dewey Park that is being put on by the Bartletwilt Civiting Club.
Speaker 2: So everyone's invited. It's the Paddle Party. Bring your quarters and your dollars, bring your checkbook.
Speaker 1: It's a it's a November the second at seven pm and it is at the Elks Club right behind Walmart.
Speaker 2: Ladies, thanks for being with us, well.
Speaker 3: You're well, thank thanks for having us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you may notice a little