Speaker 1: Welcome to Deplorable Cultnation, Uncault of Conspiracies, Vibration feeling your brain and body today, finding the truth in a reggae swag, feel the rhythm and let it unfold, Unlock.
Speaker 2: The secrets the world has told a journey of life where wisdom's gold.
Speaker 3: Step into the truth.
Speaker 1: So, brave and all, this is your time to rise and see.
Speaker 2: Deplorable Cultnation setting you free on coult of conspiracy. We take us stand.
Speaker 4: Hi, and welcome back to another episode of Deplorable Nation. I'm your host, Deplorable Janna, and today, ladies and gentlemen, I brought back Doctor Shannon because we have an uber, uber important topic to talk about. It's called getting salty. Because there are literally so many kinds of salt out there. I've had this question posed to me on multiple occasions. What is the best? Don't they have heavy metals in them? Et cetera, et cetera? What color should I use?
Speaker 5: What kind?
Speaker 4: So we are going to get into all things salty today and why salt is important for your body. So welcome back, my beautiful, lovely doctor Shannon.
Speaker 5: How are you it's.
Speaker 3: Doctor Salty to you today?
Speaker 5: Exactly, Doctor Sassy salty in that it's.
Speaker 3: Just salty right here today. I am fabulous. Thank you so much for having me back. This is going to be a great show. I just I have thought that from the second I woke up this morning. I'm like, oh man, we're gonna have We're gonna kick ass at this one. This is and so thank you to whoever was requesting this topic. This is fantastic. And I kind of went down a rabbit trail because it just kept going and going and going, Like I maybe I should call it a salt mine. I went headfirst into that salt mine. So I've got some great stuff for you guys today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is gonna be like an interesting topic. I'm I'm pretty well versed in a lot of different kinds of salt because I use very different ones for cooking and so I use some unique things or whatever. But there was literally stuff I have never heard of, I've never seen.
Speaker 5: I'm like, what in the world.
Speaker 4: And then a couple of I looked at prices and I was like.
Speaker 3: Eeke, I don't think so, and that's why we're not going to do that one hard pass.
Speaker 5: It may be the best thing on the planet, but yeah, not some of them may not.
Speaker 3: Be for cooking, And I'm gonna help throw out some spiritual significance to some of this, some uses for all of it. It coming at you from every angle, whether it's cooking, whether it's healing, whether it's spiritual, and even some like you know, daily rituals that you can do using salt, and that probably the cheaper stuff, so.
Speaker 4: Exactly, not not the one hundred and fifty dollars a four ounce bottle.
Speaker 5: Boy.
Speaker 4: So first, I kind of want to start off about why salt is necessary for the human body to function, because it is imperative, you know, and we've been told a core some bologny malarkey for ages about we should avoid salt, stay away from salt, blah blah blah. If you do that, you could be causing yourself a whole new host of problems. So what does salt do for the body.
Speaker 3: Well, let's kick it off by saying what salt is. It's sodium chloride on the periodic table of elements, if you you know, if you want to start there, and that's na CL and that's sodium chloride, and it is an essential mineral that is harvested from salt. Mines or from the seawater. Actually, which is one of the most useful things that the ocean gives us, honestly, is the mineral content that's in it. Some of the types of salt include table salt, which we will get into the variations and should you take it, should you not take it. One thing I'm just gonna say out the gate is do not take iodized salt. Ever, it's a lie. It is not in fact iodized, and it leeches iodine from your system. So there's table salt, sea salt, Himalayan salt, and many many others that we will get into. But what it does for our body is it's vital for number one electrolyte balance, nerve function, hydration. It supports your adrenal health, it helps detoxify the body and skin conditions. It's very good for and it plays a major role in fluid regulation of the body. So we are conductors, right, And when I do pH balance or pH testing in people, I'm checking for salt content because if you have more salt in your body than you have water, then you're kind of drying up and shriveling like a little raisin. And that's going to be really difficult for your heart, and your heart is going I mean, it's like a preservative and it's just kind of shrinking and shriveling. Like if you've ever salt on meat to preserve it or something, it kind of starts to shrivel and shrink, and that's what the tissues will start to do if you don't have proper hydration or.
Speaker 4: Let me just say this for people that may have never done it on beat, but if you're one of those psychos that has ever poured salt on a slug, oh yeah, it makes the mucus dry up and then they shrivel faster than you can shake a stick at. Not saying that I've done that, but I have seen people do that before, so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, so it has the potential to destroy really, but again, the whole thing is about balance, right. We want balance, that's pH balance. I want to see a balance in the salt, the salt in the body, the potassium sodium pump in the body. That has a lot to do with how your heart beats and just our electrical balance in the body has a lot to do with the of salt. Now that being said, when your diet consists mostly of sodium that isn't the kind of salt that is helpful for you. That is the preservative kind of AsSalt, and that is going to be wrecking havoc on the balance of the homeostasis within your system. And so it is best to use some natural forms of salt. And will give you all of those here in a bit with their uses. What makes up that that particular salt, why it's good, and kind of get into answering some of those questions about the heavy metals and all that kind of stuff too, But it really does. It is a healing mineral for the body. So some simple things. When I was growing up, if I ever had the symptoms and the tonsils, my parents would say, what go gargle with our ghost, right, yeah, because it heals. And just flushing any kind of infection with salt water. If you have a wound on the outside of your body, flushing it with what hospitals called saline. Really it is actually salt water, and it is healing. It's going to sometimes it can sting. I mean you could pour it's like salt directly on a wound and that will clean it. That will absolutely clean it out. So but it feels a little bit better when you've got some fluid in.
Speaker 5: Your like pain. If you're into masochistic stuff.
Speaker 3: Doctor said, to pour salt straight in your eyeball. No, I'm just kidding. So any kind of like pure salt, you're gonna feel a burn. You will definitely feel a burn. Now that said, it doesn't it doesn't mean that it's going to injure you, but it is not going to feel good. So yeah, it is a very uh, soothing and healing thing. And many people know that when you go and swim in the ocean, there is something to be said for what that does to the body in so many ways. But just having your whole body like soak in the salt and the minerals that the ocean provides is very healthy for your body. And it gives you even more minerals than you know, like I am landlocked in every direction and for miles and miles and miles where I'm from some mountain bill and yes, you even more so than me, almost and especially in the winters where I'm from in Montana, you know, like salt in the ocean air and just being surrounded by that. We actually have a spa here where I'm from that has a salt room, and you go into that and you just sit there and like the whole air is like salt, and there's salt on the walls and like, so you're sitting and breathing in that salt. It's kind of like having a salt rock or a salt lamp, which you have to be careful of where you're sourcing those. By the way, if you get a really cheap and chancey one, you're breathing chemical. But if it's a legitimate salt lamp, it's going to actually once the heat of the light hits it, it's going to actually diffuse and be something that purifies respiratory systems and you're and stuff like that. So it is really really healing. Not every day, not all of the time, but like it is a really good healing ritual that you could get involved in.
Speaker 4: And you know, like anybody that gets admitted to the hospital, goes through the er whatever, they literally always always start an ivy of saline on you. All the time you go in an ambulance, they start an ivy of normal saline on you. It is common practice to do that. And why is that because it has so many benefits to it that that is the basis before they can do any other kind of treatment, they have to get that IV started.
Speaker 3: And most of the fluid in your body is saline based. I mean, that's why when you get those tears, the bottle of tears to put in your eyes when they're dry, that is actually a saline solution too. When you cry. I'm sure everyone has tasted tears before, and those are salty. Your tears are salty, And I'm going to talk about that in a little bit because I got some great info on that too. But the fluid in our body, whether it is amniotic fluid even from women having children, hers, your plasma in your blood, so everything has pH balance in the body. Everything does. So there is a certain amount of salt that mixes with all of the water that we're made up of, which we did in a different episode we talked about how much water that we're made up of, But we can't forget about the other element that makes up the next highest majority of our body, and that is salt. We are the salt of the earth, as they say, so it's really kind of cool. So there's a couple of types of healing salts and Himalayan salt is one of those. It's rich in minerals, and that one will actually balance your pH And that's the pink stuff. Celtic salt. It's gonna support your hydration. Celtic salt is the stuff that looks gray. It looks kind of dirty, like there's.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it does kind of It looks like wet sand, honestly.
Speaker 3: Just different colors of gray. And that took me a hot second to wanna even put that in my mouth when I was first introduced to it many years ago. But I got a bag of it, and it's all most oily in a way. I mean it's it is dirty. It's dirty salt, but it's like dirty in all of the good kinds of ways. It's got all of the elements and minerals that are it's rich in minerals for the body. Dead sea salt helps skin and joints. And the dead sea doesn't have any life in it because the salt contact content high that like, nothing really serve survives in it. But we use it in our beauty products because it really helps the skin. So you're gonna see the dead sea salt in and we used to see them a lot in the shopping malls where the people would try to get you to use their lotions and creams and stuff for the face. But you'll see a lot of that in skincare. And then it also helps with your joints, probably because there's a sulfur content to it. And then there's black salt, which actually aids in digestion. So salt as far as traditional and herbal medicine goes in ayr Veda, it stimulates your digestion. In traditional Chinese medicine, it's helpful for the kidney meridian, and it's detoxifying because your kidneys, as we know, helps with the fluid regulation of the body. And going way back, that's where your electrolytes come into play. And I drink electrolytes every single day. I literally put a little packet of electrolytes in my water and I will drink like a whole forty ounces of that every single day because you're not you know, you can drink a gallon of water and not even come close to being hydrated enough and hold the water in. Now, your electrolytes are gonna help you hold the right amount of water in the body. And you know there's a lot of people who think, oh, I can't drink electrolytes because it's gonna make me puffy, or it's gonna make me hold the water. The only way that you get puffy and get a dematist tissue from that is when you are so stinking dehydrated that your body meets every drop. And then of course, if you are going in saunas or if you live in hot weather, it's almost desert dry here in the winters and like no humidity, so our humidities leached out of our bodies here. So it's very important to me, especially if I go outside and I walk three to five miles every day, I'm gonna be drinking my electrolytes. Then, in Western herbalism, it's used in rinses, and poultice is for healing. And a poultice is like a little bag of herbs that right, and then you just kind of put that bag topically on top of a wound or something that needs healing, whatever that is. And so salt would be used in that for extra healing capacity because it heals wounds.
Speaker 4: Right now, I will say I like the Celtic Sea salt.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 4: A little more pricey than what you would normally find at your local grocery store. But I use that all the time. If I'm making like an adrenal cocktail, you know, with lemon juice and Celtic sea salt and water and whatever. I don't cook with that. It is specifically just I got it just for that purpose. And I will tell you I haven't found any other gray like Hemalayan salt. And I did run across the Black Sea salt, and that is an experience to behold all in its own because it literally smells like rotten eggs mixed with mixed with dirty feet.
Speaker 3: Ye.
Speaker 4: Once you put it in something, if you can stomach the smell, once you put it in whatever you're cooking, that smell goes away. However, what I did learn is that if you have any kind of sulfa sensitivity, do not ever use black Sea salt because that can trigger your reaction from your body. And you know, whatever capacity you have that you have sensitivity to sulfur, I would not suggest the black for you, but it is very stinky, yep.
Speaker 3: And sulfur is found in the hair, the roots of your hair. That so if you want to have lush thick, beautiful hair. Sulfur is going to be an important element. That's why. And I know Jonat's not gonna like this, but it is found in high amounts in Brussels sprouts. I know, I know, I love them. I love them. I'll take yours and everyone else's and I put bacon in it.
Speaker 5: You can have them all. I'll just take.
Speaker 3: They're like little cabbages and they're so cute, and I just love them. But sulfur is also found in the joints of your body. And so if you are experiencing kind of, you know, any kind of abnormal joint pain, especially at a young enough age that you shouldn't be feeling joint pain, that could be that you just need a little bit of extra sulfur in the body. And so with salt, you you don't need to use a ton. So if you did get the black salt for that purpose, like a pinch literally like take your fingers and just do a pinch, and that is going to give you probably more than enough of what you need. You could also muscle test and figure out, you know, what your proper dose is. When you were talking about the Celtic Sea salt, the use that I used to use that for is before I would do the gall bladder cleanse, to get those rocks out of your gall bladder. You know, the gallstones and the liver stones out there, bilestones, and they're kind of an emerald green color, and that it's legitimate. I mean, you do. You can pass giant stones out of your body, like from your gall bladder and liver. But how I would prep to do that cleanse is I would take I think it's one or two teaspoons of the Celtic Sea salt in thirty two ounces of purified water, and you chug it like you mix it up as much as you can, but you're chugging, chugging, chugging, chugging it. And then you need to stay by a bathroom because it is fast acting and it will literally flush and cleanse the shit right out of you. It's certainly you're trying to clear the digestion. So that's what your Celtic Sea salt is good. And there was actually one time, because I've done that cleans a few different times, nothing came out and I could barely fit in my clothes the next day. I mean it, I kept it all so for some reason, I must not have been very hydrated or something because and I don't know if it was the balance of maybe I didn't put enough salt in. But like when you have the right potency of that salt, it's going to act like it should and cleanse the intestines right out. And that is you know, it's healing. It's a healing flush really right, because all it is is saline salt water, and it's causing that to just melt right out of your body because you need to make a pathway for those gallstones to come out, and you don't eat for a couple of days on this cleanse, and that's so that your gallstones will actually come out and not get stuck in there and they will pass through your intestinal tract. And so that is one way I mean. And you don't you don't have to do that cleanse to do the salt flush. If you just want to kind of to do a flush of your system, this is a good one to do and.
Speaker 5: It definitely works.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 3: It's like two in you know, a thirty two ounce bottle of water. Make sure it's purified water so that you don't get extra stuff in there. But and it's very beneficial for the body. I would say it's gentle, but it's so fast acting.
Speaker 5: It doesn't open. It does not feel gentle. Your stomach goes burner and then all of a sudden it's like you better run.
Speaker 3: Yep. It sounds like you're playing a two bay in a band.
Speaker 5: Oh boy.
Speaker 4: I learned so many things doing this, because it matters where your salt is sourced from, yes, what countries they're sourced from, and how their mind and some of these, Like the worst thing you could do is the table salt because it is definitely like highly refined and whatever, and there's extra added ingredients in there, anti caking agents and stuff like that. And this is literally what is on most shelves and most doors is any kind of table salt. And I haven't used table salt for eons just because there's so much junk.
Speaker 5: Because it's mined from underground.
Speaker 4: My ex husband actually worked at a salt mine and they go down, then they dig into the earth or whatever, and they bring it up and these big like metal pails or whatever, and then it goes through crusher and all this other stuff and all these processes, and so there's all kinds of extra content aminates that wind up in your table salt, so we stop using that. Sea salt is really really good, like Shannon said, it's it's evaporated seawater that has the trace minerals magnesium, calcium, potassium, things like that in it. But it also depends like where they're mining that sea salt from and what if they mine it from any any oceanic water that is near China, stay away from it because China is the world's number one polluter. So China, Thailand stay away from sources that come from them one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: And I think that is the best answer to the question of the heavy metal. You know which ones have heavy metals in them. That's what I would tell the person that asked that question, is it abts depends on where that salt is sourced, because falt doesn't just come with heavy metals attached to it. It's not just like some regular use that. I mean, I don't think it would be considered a very healing salt if you also run the risk of carrying heavy men or metals into the body with it. So that's exactly what I would say, is like where does it come from? And that means you have to do your resource, your research right company. You know, there's so many I'm going to give one example. The Briggs Apple cider vinegar brand was purchased by Katie Perry and Orlando Blue, and I'm kind of.
Speaker 4: Like, the quality is not the same. I'm just going to say that right now.
Speaker 3: They changed it and I will not drink that brand anymore. And that was the brand that I recommended to so many other people. And it's not because they're celebrities. It's because what they did to it. It's like all like Kellogg's and Johnson and Johnson, they're buying up all of the good brands that we think are pure and clean. But you don't realize they're now the parent company and they don't give a shit get what they're putting in it. So you really need to do your research on where you're getting the salt. And I will also tell you that you will get what you pay for. And you know, ten dollars for I don't know, half a pound or a pound of Celtic Sea salt, it's worth every penny because you do not need as much as you would like that I that iodized, yeah, not at all to be air quoted every time we say it. But anytime you use that that table salt stuff, which is like pennies on the dollar, you know, and we all we all think, oh, you know, it's so cheap, I'll just use that kind of stuff. It's growth that's.
Speaker 4: Just terrible for your body, absolutely terrible for you.
Speaker 3: And you're you're paying. I wouldn't even get salt at the dollar store, by the way, Like I don't care how poor you are, Like don't. I mean, it's it's not good for you, and you will you will pay in other ways for not paying for good quality salt. So it just kind of depends on what you want to use it for. Salt is also really good for xfoliation.
Speaker 5: Purposes, Oh definitely, I've made.
Speaker 3: YEP, and you'll probably pay some some quality money. And some skincare products that might have that in some sort of a scrub. But one really inexpensive salt is EPSOM salt and ep some salt is a soak. It's got mostly magnesium in it, and so you can soak in the bath. You can and there's actually a very faster version of that gall bladder gall bladder cleanse where you're actually drinking that uh, oh my gosh, you just drop my brain where you're drinking up some salt, and I don't and I don't really recommend that, and that one kind of wigs me out just a little bit. And I personally haven't done it, and if I if I haven't personally done it, I won't recommend it. But I have corrections and people are still having success on it, so one day I will try it. But I like to soak in up some salt because that's going to you know, salt also helps with the muscle contraction of your body. And so if your muscles are sore or achy, what do we usually say to give your body if they're cramping? Make them and so soaking in an epsom salt bath. Throw a little lavender essential oil in there, and you've got yourself a brilliant little spa bath right there, and that's going to be probably the best bet for your skin and your muscles and like soaking in that stuff. So even epsom salt, which is a very inexpensive kind of salt, is for you. So I personally, I don't really think that expensive is really a word that I would use to describe it, because even for black salt. Like even if you're paying one hundred bucks for an ounce of black salt, and I don't know if that's I don't know if that's the real.
Speaker 5: Are there's some that I about died. I was like, for freaking salt. Hell no, And.
Speaker 3: What I would say is probably because it is purely sourced and forced by actual people who you know this these companies are having to pay overhead prices or like they're overhead and like costs for travel and all of that kind of stuff, but they're not paying to manufacture it in you know, vast amounts, and they don't have all that backing. So that's why they're going to end up paying. I'm charging a little bit more for that kind of salt. And you know, personally, if it's people that schlept themselves up a mountain or something and they like came back with a couple of ounces of sault, I'll pay them whatever they want me to pay for it if I need that, because.
Speaker 5: You have to hike up the mountain to get it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, well we're going to charge you two hundred dollars an ounce because we had to hike to get this shit.
Speaker 5: Good and some of the some of the stuff.
Speaker 4: The reason why they were more expensive is because it's hand mined and so they hand rake it and dry it and stuff like that, and so you know, that's labor cost instead of of like you know, not going a great big chunk out of the underground tunnel and crushing it up in a machine. You know what I mean, actual man hours went into that. And I'm sure that's like, yeah, super, that's whatever.
Speaker 3: Way to say. What I was just trying to say is like when they're hand mining it, hand raking it and doing all of the processing by hand, that's what I would call natural processing. So even when you're talking like sweeteners that are derived from plants, as long as they are hand processed, naturally processed and not the true via craft that you're just buying on the Walmart shelves, right, just one molecule away from plastic, then that's a different story. So again, you have to do your research on where it comes from. And they're not going to charge you a lot for salt unless it is that unless it's very good quality and there is a reason that they have to charge you that for that particular salt. And so again I would say you will get what you pay for when when you're looking for salt. I personally wouldn't spend a ton of money for salt. I'm just gonna soap in in a bath. But it was something that was like a really good quality skincare and you know, a mask or something that delivered minerals to your skin, you know, whatever that looks like, then I would. I would probably do it. I maybe not regularly, but I would. I would be interested in doing something like that just to try it.
Speaker 4: I think the most expensive salt that I have ever bought is truffle salt. Oh, because because truffles there are expensive. They they go for for a lot of money because they're they're pretty rare, especially in the United States now not you know, in other countries they're they're a little bit more abundant than what they are here. So I did spend a little extra money for that because I love the earthy flavor that the treffles have, and so it just intensifies the flavor of certain things, especially like French fries stuff like that. It just really heightens the flavor, which I really like. So that's the most expensive one I bought.
Speaker 5: I have not.
Speaker 4: I have the Himalayan sea salt, the pink one. I have a regular sea salt, I.
Speaker 5: Have kosher salt.
Speaker 4: I do cook with kosher salt sometimes, Like I said, I use different salts for different things whatever I'm making. But kosher salt can be either mined or from seawater as well. It's it's much less refined than what table salt is and it has no ayo dying in it, but it's it's really good. Like if you're per deserving meat, like we talked about earlier, Kasher salt's excellent for that.
Speaker 3: So and you know, while we're going through the different kinds of salt, if you're okay that, I'm just gonna like throw in. Also the spiritual significance to it, we may as well as we're going through. So we kind of talked about Himalayan pink salt. Those are from the Himalayan mountains, and the uses for Himalayan salt are for hydration and electrolyte balance, for adrenal support and burnout recovery when your adrenals get burned out, when you're balancing your body's pH to have the alkalizing effect, that's going to be Himalayan and then salt lamps are typically Himalayan salt and they purify the air and emit negative ions. Negative ions are actually good for us. And then the spiritual significance is that Himalayan salt is a grounding and energy clearing salt and when they use when it's used in spiritual rituals. There's a gal that I've follow on Instagram. Oh my gosh, I just adore her. Her name is Candace, and I always forget her last name, but she has a whole herd of horses and she puts she goes out onto her property, so like in the woods, she lets the herd out and they all come to this massage table where she puts her client and she's got a gigantic sea salt stone underneath it because it's purifying, right, and they're cleansing the energy off of these people, children, you name it. And the horses will go like put their heads over these people and participate in these healing rituals. And totally on my bucket list. I think I think she is in like North Carolina or something.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go with you, Oh.
Speaker 3: My gosh, I'm not even kidding, Like I want to go so bad, and she herself is Australian and somebody said, well, isn't she from Australia. I said, well, she's from there, but I think she's located in North Carolina. But if that's the case, and that's we're gonna have to plan a girl strip, Oh my god. And she so she shares in her videos too, like when the horse bends down just on their front legs and kind of bows almost. She said that means that the horse is putting the negative energy back into the ground. And so I just thought that was really kind of cool. And she's got it in every video you can see that giant Himalayan Sea salt rock that's underneath there. And now I completely understand what she's doing because horses are so spiritually significant. But they are good at cleansing, they are good at purifying, and there's they are ten times more sensitive energetically speaking than humans are, if not more. I mean, they they're magical creatures. And I always tell people I would rather be around horses than on them.
Speaker 5: And I was gonna say, I thought, you're gonna say people.
Speaker 3: Well, I would rather be around horses than people any day. But she she even says that, and there's a couple videos where she'll get on her horse's bare back, but the relationship she's got with them is just so beautiful to watch. I'm gonna, I'm gonna have to share that with you. You'll have to fop Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: And then we're gonna we're gonna book our reservations.
Speaker 3: I'm serious, like that would I do for that? Like it's amazing? Okay, So that's Himalayan pink salt. Then we go to the Celtic Sea salt, which is gray, the gray salt, and the source of that is actually Brittany, France. And the uses for Celtic Sea salt is that it replenishes the minerals that are lost from stress or sweat. It supports your thyroid and adrenal function, which would stand to reason then that it probably does have some iodine and some other minerals in it. It promotes naturally occurring naturally yes, correct, Yeah, there's that's why there, that's why you get the different kinds of salt, because they're not enhancing it. It's where it's from and how it's like what it's around and in the earth and stuff. So it promotes hydration and nerve communication in the body, because we need salt for our nerve nervous system regulation. And then it's used in spiritual rituals for renewal and cleansing. So you're gonna see that theme kind of repeat with salt. It's purifying, it's cleansing, and depending on the type of salt that it is is why they use it. Dead Sea salt, the source of course is the Dead Sea, which is an Israel and Jordan, and it eases joint pain and muscle soreness. It reduces inflammation and skin conditions like exzema or psoriasis, and it detoxifies through osmosis in the bats, and that's just like through the skin. So spiritually it's used in SPA treatments for energetic purification, and again that's energetic purification as well, not just physical, you know, through the body. Epsom salt, as we just talked about, is also known as magnesium all fate and it's technically not salt, but it's widely used in healing anyway, and because of the magnesium in it, it relieves muscle cramps, tension, soreness, it supports liver detoxification, pathways. It will increase your magnesium level, which is so important. And remember, for those of you who have seen the stuff with me on it before, the Holy Trinity, mineral number one in life is magnesium. And if you can get a full spectrum, I highly recommend that because you need them all. But magnesium is responsible for over three hundred functions of your body. You cannot function without magnesium. So a lot of times you can get cramps, headaches, soness, tension, you name it. It'll go away when you have magnesium in the body because magnesium controls so much.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you a question about that, because there are so many different kinds of magnesium that have different functions for different stuff. Yep, what is your suggestion for most people?
Speaker 3: Well? There, I think what most people think of magnesium is the kind that makes you poop, and I believe that's magnesium stright mm hm, And sure, I mean you can use that. So there's a brand you can just get it at Costco. It's called Calm and that's what that does, and it actually does kind of help with the relaxation part to it. But there's a magnesium that I get from a company called Melaluca that that does that doesn't do that to people that I'm aware of. I mean, if you're taking the other kind of magnesium not sit rate, and I'm gonna blank on the name of it, I can run out in my kitchen and grab it. But if you take that and it does help release your bowels, then your body just needed magnesium in general.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 3: I will tell you that the calm has that effect on me, but it's like I have to take a double dose of it and it happens the next morning. But this Mela out is what it's called and that I take as a daily supplement. Then there is the mineral Essence from a company called Young Living that I love. That's an actual liquid tincture and it does taste like metal, like you're like liquid metal when you take that. That kind of makes me feel alive, like my whole body is buzzying, and like that's when I want to go work out or exercise because I'm like, I'm ready to move, I feel great, I feel energetic. So and I'm sorry, I can't remember all the names off the top of my head, but it's the other magnesiums other than sit trait that are going to be beneficial for the function of your body and will not have that diuretic effect on.
Speaker 5: So like a.
Speaker 4: Like a blend of the different kinds of magagnesium would be the best for people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's there's a couple of different ones. Uh oh, I'm going to try to remember what they're called.
Speaker 5: There's they're story.
Speaker 3: It's elemental magnesium is what you want for the supplement. It's elemental, and that's the one that you should be taking as like a function support of your body. Cit Trate's gonna make you poop. And I think there's magnesium oxide or something like that too, that's gonna be part of one of those combos with elemental magnesium.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was looking it up because there's so many there. I think there's like eight or ten. Uh there's glycn eight mm.
Speaker 5: Sorry.
Speaker 3: So yeah, there's glycanate, which is best for sleeping, anxiety, relaxation, or muscle tension. The citrate, like we said, is for constipation, so that'll clear out the system. That's also for muscle cramps, like if you get restless leg syndrome or your legs cramp in the night, and that's for that's for like if you've got a mild deficiency of it. Magnesium malate is best for chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, and muscle pain. Magnesium L three in eight is best for brain health, memory, cognitive function. Magnesium torrate is best for heart health, calming the nervous system. Magnesium oxide there it is for occasional constipation. That's a short term use thing. That's if you are like doing a cleanse, right and you just need to stay unblocked for like seven to ten days or something. Magnesium sulfate is your epsom cell, and that's best for muscle pain, detox baths, and for topical use for healing. Magnesium chloride is also topical use. There's a magnesium oil sprays that you can get, and then magnesium or rotate is good for cellular repair, heart health, and athletic performance. So those are the different types of magnesium, and the most commonly used is the citrate and the glycnate. Because most people when they think of magnesium, they think, ooh, I'm gonna get relaxation and good sleep from this. But I'm telling you that not if.
Speaker 5: You take the not if you take the one for poopin.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, the magnesium is so good for like and you heard it. There was heart health, there was nervous system health, muscle tension. I mean, it's good for over three hundred functions in your body. So if you can get a good combo that's not the diuretic sort like citrate, maybe even has a little bit of citrate in it, it has a nice balance that one's going to help regulate that your body in general. So then epsom salt, going back to that, is popular in ritual baths for releasing heavy or stagnant energy. That's the spiritual use for that one. And then there is black salt, which is also called Kala namak, and the source of that is volcanic rock salt from South Asia. And this is why there's sulfur in it, right because wherever you're around volcanoes or volcanic sand. So right when I was in Japan, I traveled even further south so I could get buried alive in hot volcanic sand. And it was that was on my bucket list. It was fantastic. That supports digestion and reduces bloating in gas. It's used in iur Vedic medicine for balancing vada and coafa dashas. And then it's spiritually used to banish negativity, curses, and heavy energies. So perhaps black salt will be a little bit more pricey because it's used more ritualistically speaking than it is for the other purposes for like physical health. But you know, that's where you'll see it kind of in movies and stuff like that, where there's witches that use salt.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say that, and they salt like the door stoop and stuff like.
Speaker 3: That, and it stops people from entering or bad negatives coming in, yep, And it also will it's supposed to stop curses as well. Then you've got kosher salt, like you were talking about Janet, and that comes from the evaporated seawater or its mind, and it's used symbolically for purity and ritual cleansing, because that's what kosher's all about, and it's common in Jewish practices as a purification agent, and it can sprinkle, it can be sprinkled around homes or in salt circles for protection, and that's the spiritual use of that. Then you've got rock salt, which is all also called senda namak, and that source is India or Pakistan and that's going to balance electrolytes and aids in your digestion. It's used in religious fasting due to its sutvic or pure quality, and it's cooling to the body, which is helpful for pitta dosha in Ayurveda, that's the dashes are there's like different kind of dashes, and so this one is pitta and that's Ayurvedic medicine. And then it is spiritually associated with sacred and clean energy and I really love I love the energetic connection to this, So that's why I really wanted to add in the spiritual significance of salt as well. Then you've got smoked or infused salts and this is really cool.
Speaker 5: I love this.
Speaker 3: The source is varied and typically is gonna be gourmet or ritual focused, right, so this will be right up your alley. You should researching some different smoked salts that you can ear.
Speaker 5: Oh, I have a lot of smoke salt. Nice.
Speaker 3: And it adds sensory and aromatic depth to salt rituals or baths. It's used for fire energy, purification and creating a sacred space. And then spiritually it's energizing and stimulating, which I think is really cool. Then you've got table salt, which is refined salt, and it's typically avoided in healing practice. Quite interesting, and the reason why is because listen here, it's stripped of minerals and altered with anti caking agents. It may contribute to imbalances if it's overused, and it lacks the vitality and trace minerals of natural salt. So it's not natural.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, So, it's pretty much an imposter, is what it is.
Speaker 3: Yep. Yeah, So that's the spiritual significance of the salts, which I think is really kind of cool. And so then I kind of kept going down the road a little bit here and I was like, okay, so salt, saltwater, tears, you know, like I was like, what's I'm thinking, what's the significance in tears? Because I've heard so much about how tears are cleansing to us. And you know, I am an emotion code practitioner and I am all about releasing emotions, feeling your emotions, and we have got to stop normalizing. We don't talk about it. I'm getting real just over that shit. It's like, just talk about it. I don't know why people are so afraid of their own emotions. I don't understand why the discomfort of getting an emotion out is so I mean, it doesn't always have to include reliving a situation or a trauma to even just talk about it.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, speak, speaking it out gets that out instead of keeping it down on your cellular levels.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then your birth fockers not blocked. Your energy is not blocked because we've got to communicate about it, and so that it's another version of purging. I talk a lot about the elimination pathways, right, but I think maybe we should start talking about the energetic elimination pathway. And communicating and speaking that from that throat chokra region is so important because talking about stuff gets it out and detoxifies the body, especially for those of us who are external communicators.
Speaker 5: Call on me animated. Maybe I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So the significance of salt and tears and like bodily fluids, so the pH balance. So we know tears contain water, electrolytes, enzymes, and proteins. Your tears contain all of that, and they also contain and I'm going to get there, it'll it'll talk a little bit about it, but it also contains DNA uh and and stuff from things that you remember, like memories that you're crying out, so you're so salt helps maintain the eye moisture, helps kill bacteria. That's why salt is healing and cleansing, and that's why we are drops that we use our salty or have that saline balance to them, and they regulate osmolarity or osmolarity. However, you want to pronounce that your blood plasma is point nine percent salt and it regulates pressure and transports nutrients. That's what your blood plasma does, and that's the mixture of salt in that. Your sweat is also salty that expels toxins and cools the body. Your lymph fluid supports immune function and cellular communication. And then amniotic fluid, as we talked early early on, it nourishes and protects the fetus and also serves as a little bit of an electrical conductivity thing for mom's voice, dad's voice, things like that kind of buffers sound a little bit too, helps protect against shock waves, you know. That's why the amniotic fluid is a protected sack as far as healing and like nutritional insight, low salt levels can cause fatigue, dizziness, cramps, or brain fogs. So for anyone who has done intermittent fasting it or like even a three day water fast. I did that back in January. That was one of the hardest things I think I've ever done. It was very important to drink electrolytes every single day, every day, and it's it even says it's essential for those on keto or low carb diets because that just increases your sodium loss. You've got to replace it. And then natural natural mineral salts support your adrenal health and the fluid balance of the body. So again, tears is medicine. Then your emotional tears are chemically different than reflex tears. So like if you stub a toe and it brings tears to your eyes, or you get hurt really bad and you're crying from just pain or whatever, that is a different chemical makeup and your emotional tears. Crying releases manganese and stress hormones. Let me say that again, crying, letting that emotion out of your eyeballs helps to release stress hormones and manganese. In extra manganese in the body.
Speaker 4: Now, this one is me to a t because, like we've talked about before, with me, like basically having to take on other people's emotions and stuff literally all day long. We can be sitting watching TV and something stupid will come on, like an Alpo commercial or something.
Speaker 5: And I will just fall yep.
Speaker 4: And he's got to the point now where he'll look at me and he'll go cleansing, and I'm like yep. And it is literally letting go of mine or anybody else's emotions that I came in contact with, or my eyes will just absolutely start watering out of nowhere for no reason, and it's a release. It is literally letting go of stuff that's my release passageway.
Speaker 3: So spiritually, tears represent truth, which is one of my favorite things. Release and offering. So you know, when a mother mourns the loss of a child, that is an offering, right Like, that is grief like no other. That is an offering. And in some cultures tears were actually collected in viles as sacred expressions of grief or devotion, and that's just so beautiful. There even is a biblical scripture and it's Psalm fifty six' eight where it says you have kept count of my, tossings put my tears in your. Bottle, Basically god captures the tears that we cry from our, heart hurting in whatever way that, is and he collects them and he remembers. It AND i just think that it's such a beautiful. Thing the spiritual and symbolic significance of tears is. Purification it just as salt clears, energy tears clear emotional. Weight AND i think it's so beautiful and salt this is. Cool salt is an earth, element, Right so tears represent the union Between earth and. Water AND i love that because we are made up of all of the elements of The. Earth right the periodic. Table when you look at, that we have every single one of those things found in our flesh and dust thou art and unto, dust et. Cetera you, know like when we returned to the dust of the. Earth once we pass away or the earth, boty we leave this earth, suit it goes back to The. Earth so you can kind of think of the earth suit as like an earth and, vessel and it has water in, it, Right so that's the union of earth and. Water and we talked about the spirituality of water in that last show that we, did and so you've got that beautiful union between the two. Things consciousness is then somewhere in that that our spirit comes into this and occupies, this and oh, Man i'm this is just this is so. BEAUTIFUL i just think it's so. Cool it's mind boggling how it all. Works and then the salt in your, body like, blood, sweat, tears is the life. Force it's sacred, effort it's emotional. Truth we are meant to be. Emotional that's why we shouldn't be holding this stuff in the process works the way that it. Does we tear emotionally, speaking we have. Tears that's like an expression of emotion because that is how the process is supposed to. Work and that blood is our life. Force so when you talk about, blood, sweat and, tears that whole expression basically means that you're putting life into something that you're. Doing you're putting more than just. Effort you're putting more than just physical, strength, Right you're putting your life like you're putting meaning and effort behind it.
Speaker 5: TOO i, mean you, know you know WHAT i think, Too for people that.
Speaker 4: Repress their emotions or use it as some kind of like barrier.
Speaker 3: For.
Speaker 4: Communication they don't want to be, open they don't want to be, vulnerable they don't want to discuss those feelings or traumas.
Speaker 5: Or you, know pain or.
Speaker 4: Whatever they're actually doing more harm to themselves than they are good, because LIKE i, said you don't have to get on a pulpit and like tell everybody your, business but you have to speak it out vocally to be able to release that from your, tissue from your cellular. Level you have to be able to have that ability to vocalize and get it, out and then it takes it out of your. Body it puts it in the. Universe and that's something that you can pack. Away but for all the, people they're, like, Oh i'm not going to talk about, that like it's you, know it's too, Personal like no one else has ever experienced any kind of pain or heard or. Whatever it's just. Me you're literally re traumatizing yourself every single day that you hide those.
Speaker 3: Emotions and you can you can do that by. YOURSELF i, mean, yes great salt lamp or salt right something and just sit by it breathe like, practice you, know breath breathwork and then like if that's the moment that you need to cry it out and you're by, yourself, like use it as. Offering use it as an offering to source Because source knows all And source knows exactly your. Pain if you don't want to talk about it with another person or even have it removed emotionally speaking LIKE i do in emotion, code then you, know do your own type of. Ritual have a salt lamp or some sort of salt they're like sit in a salt.
Speaker 5: Bath to WHAT i was just gonna, say make a nice, Back.
Speaker 3: Yeah make your own ritual that you can use to like detoxify your, body cleanse your, body purify your body of the emotion that you're, feeling and just release. It because just like the horses THAT i was talking about, earlier when they are helping to clear that negative energy from a, person they actually push it into the. Earth and you can see them kind of bowed down like their front legs like ow like where they stick their butt up into the. Air they are pushing that back into the. Earth cats actually do it.
Speaker 5: TOO i was just gonna say, that, ye dogs.
Speaker 3: Can dogs are mostly worried about, loving you, know they love but like cats are very energetic and spiritual and protectors of the realms and the dimensions and all of, that so they also will help cleanse.
Speaker 4: That BUT i will say THAT i notice that, frequently like If i've had a stressful day of phone conversations or whatever with, PEOPLE i will actually have both of them do the whole bowing thing or. Whatever and it's not pardon me for saying, this it's not look at my, butthole, Right, Yes i'm taking that away from.
Speaker 3: You. Yes and when cats kind of swirl around you and then they kind of rub on, stuff like when you see them rubbing things that it's, like what the devil are you? Doing if they're not, purring which most of the time when they're doing, that they're. Not And i've heard that the purring is like them tapping into an energetic frequency feeling for you and what you need in that. Moment but then they'll take that and they'll rub against a wall or a, plant or they'll go away a plant and let the plant kind of, like you, know take that off of them because energetically they're getting rid of it for. You they they're carrying it away from, you and you, Know it's made me appreciate cats a lot. More i'm not necessarily a cat, person But i'm not not a cat person. Either BUT i have just recently kind of talked with a gal who told, me you, know cats are going to be significant for, you AND i was, like, what you? KNOW i have? Cats AND i, thought, WELL i told, HER i, go, Well i'm not going to go out and buy a, cat just so you. Know my daughter's been trying to get me to get a cat for, many many, years And i'm, like, No but if one showed up on my doorstep because it found me and was LIKE i need TO i, NEED i need you to own, me, LIKE i would keep it. Right but it has to show up in that kind of way for me to be, Like, okay this cat was meant to be here with.
Speaker 5: ME i was gonna say that's a. Sign and if you don't pay attention to that, sign.
Speaker 3: Yeah one hundred. Percent or if you're like some YOU'RE i don't, know you meet a friend and they're, like oh my cat just had kittens, here take this, please you, know and it's like, OKAY i would you, know in that, CASE i would probably be a cat. Owner but, yeah cats horses very significant spiritually, Speaking but point being is, like get yourself your own ritual to cleanse that stuff out The you, know if if animals naturally are removing negative energies and pushing them into the, earth then it would stand a reason that you could also do that. Too in, fact hello.
Speaker 5: Grounding, YEAH i was.
Speaker 3: Just gonna say, so the spiritual and energetic properties of salt is salt protects, you, right we talked about the salt circles protecting. You it purifies and it grounds, you and it resonates with the root, chakra which is your grounding. Chakra that's the, root that's the earth, connection, Right and it's used in, baths rich and spiritual. Boundaries. RIGHT i think that's interesting. Too also what's interesting is historically and culturally, speaking salt used to be used as. Currency it shaped trade, routes, right actually key and functionuey for cleansing. Spaces so just like you, know burning sage is used for cleansing bad energies and stuff like, that salt is also used in functue to do the same. Thing so that's really neat biblical and religious. REFERENCES i had to look into that too because it's everywhere in The.
Speaker 4: BIBLE i was going to, say there's a lot of spiritual references.
Speaker 3: And just the fact alone of how we are. Created you, know earth and water union sort of. Thing when it says the salt of the, earth that's the symbol of, value because back In biblical times they were using it as a, currency right before money was actually. Created just like essential oils were also used as a. Currency they were very, expensive they were used highly in. Trades we know that even from The Egyptian pyramids they found vats of oil and that was keptain used as actual like trading for. Money salt covenants are everywhere in The, bible and that is a sacred. Bond lot's. Wife we know That lot's wife turned into a pillar of salt because she turned around and looked when she wasn't supposed. TO i actually just finished Reading Dolores cannon's Book jesus and The ascenes And Holy, Buckets, MAN i, MEAN i don't THINK i can look at this whole thing the same. Again but there was mention of that particular, time and there was some more explanation to it that made so much sense to me that The bible just doesn't give us but she didn't necessarily turn into a pillar of. Salt but what was happening at the time was some natural disaster or catastrophe that was occurring that was creating like salt to form like and to cover. Everything it was like covering stuff in. Salt so she slowed down and she was told not to look. Back it was, like just keep moving, forward keep, going and when you turn around to look, back you're slowing. Down and that's that's kind of essentially in a, nutshell what. Happened but that was the symbol of attachment she could not let go. Of so again cleansing yourself and let it be a symbol Of i'm moving. On let the emotion, go and let that be a symbol of moving forward and letting go of the attachment that you have to the, trauma to the, pain to whatever happened in the. Past it's, gone move. Forward and then salt as far as, offerings we kind of talked about offering with tears and, stuff but that's a symbol of spiritual. Preservation and then this is one of my, favorites the salt and frequency or energy, work because that's my line of. Work salt, conducts, electricity SO i have a biocharger device in my office and people sit around the biocharger machine to get the therapies that it delivers the, body and it essentially recharges the human. Battery and if you don't have the right balance of salt to water in the, body or you're just like mostly, salt you're not going to conduct the electricity and actually absorb the frequencies as. Well even WHEN i do emotion code with, People i'm giving them a bottle of water because if they don't move When i'm doing the muscle, testing IF i don't see them sway or moving and it's like they're not moving at, ALL i make them drink more water because they don't have the proper electrical balance to help them be fluid and move so THAT i can see which way their subconscious is saying yes or. No but salt also amplifies, energy and again The himalayan salt lamps emit the negative ions which cleans the air and the energy in the, space so frequency and energy. Work we definitely need that proper balance of salt so that your energy can can come out clear to whomever you are going to. See in terms of. Practitioner so let's see If i've got anything else that is substantial in my.
Speaker 4: Research that's, why like it makes me chuckle that you, know for years and decades it's been, oh don't don't add salt to your, food don't use tables, salt don't use any salt, whatsoever use salt, substitute blah blah. Blah salt is bad for, you just like everything else they. Say, uh when they tell you salt is, bad where you run the other way because it's an absolute and total.
Speaker 5: Lie that's, why like every thing THAT i.
Speaker 4: Use salt, wise every different type of salt is with intention behind, it you know WHAT i, Mean and for specific. PURPOSES i love the magnesium, bats the some salt. BATS i actually even have magnesium flakes THAT i can like crush up and put in, there or crush up and make lotion with great for pain relief and stuff like. That BUT i want to, say since we were talking about, SALTS i wanted to quick go over some things THAT i had never heard. Of didn't know these. Existed i'm, like, What, yeah not heard of, THIS.
Speaker 5: I gotta find.
Speaker 4: It, Okay so they have red sea. Salt never heard of that. Before they Have Floordy, soul which means flower of. Salt it comes From, Britney. France, again it says it's, light subtle and kind of, briny but it's it's very safe and very highly, prized but it's uber expensive again because of the hand harvesting. Thing there's something called Sell griss that's the gray. Salt it comes From, france but from a Region i'm gonna butcher, this like The Grande region or. Something it says that it is safe if comes from clean. Regions it's not as expensive as the previous. Salt they Have hawaiian a laya red salt comes From. Hawaii of. Course it says it's safe if food, grade but verify iron oxide source can contain high traces of iron impurities depending on where it's mine. From they also have The hawaiian black lava. Salt it says that it's generally, safe but some black, salt especially from outside of The hawaii, region contains high levels of, contaminants so definitely make sure that you. Check there's A persian blue salt that ONE i would really like to.
Speaker 5: Try but that one is.
Speaker 4: One of them THAT i looked up AND i was like, oh holy, Hell. No this one comes From. Iran it says it's extremely rare and very.
Speaker 5: Expensive i'm not.
Speaker 4: Joking it was like one hundred and fifty dollars for like two.
Speaker 5: Ounces, wow like a very small. Amount it was.
Speaker 4: CRAZY i was, like, OH i guess not gonna be buying that any. Times take out a loan to buy some. Salt they Had Murray river. Salt it comes From. Australia i've never heard of this, either but it comes from The Murray Darling. Basin it is food safe and sustainably, harvested so it is not as. Expensive There's kalahari desert. Salt, again never heard of any of. These it comes From South african desert regions from salt. PANS i don't know what that, means but it says it's clean sourced and very low in. Contaminants There's bolivian rose salt comes from The andes. Mountains they, said similar to Pink Helayan emalayan. Salt it is definitely considered clean and a good alternative Too emilayan.
Speaker 5: Salt blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: Blah and then There's Danish viking smoked salt comes only From. Denmark it is quote generally safe and used for flavor, enhancements but it's famous over there for being used on charcouterie boards and for use on vegan bacon to enhance the flavor because it has a smoky that.
Speaker 3: Just seems like an eye seymore onto.
Speaker 5: Me, right just eat the dang bacon vegan.
Speaker 3: Bacon, nope that's a Hard.
Speaker 4: Nope here's a spinach leaf that we shaped into the form of a bacon. Slice now we're gonna put this special salt on it to see if it tastes like.
Speaker 3: Bacon, oh that's. AWESOME i use bacon grease as lip, gloss, Man i'm just, SAYING.
Speaker 5: I LOVE i love.
Speaker 4: Bacon, hey bacon grease is actually like on the shelves.
Speaker 5: And the stores now to be able to use for.
Speaker 4: Cooking it's in a cooking oil section now and and like as long AS i can, remember like my, grandma great grandma, whatever they always save their bacon. Grease, course they never refrigerated. It they always left it on the counter, yep.
Speaker 5: And cooked with.
Speaker 4: It they cooked with full, lard you know, whatever so, safer better.
Speaker 3: Options, now my mom does not do that because somewhere along the, way they said that that is bad for you and will clog your. Arteries and now that my mom's in her late, seven mid to late, seventies you, know it's like they're terrified of all of that. Stuff my parents are not WHAT i would call, awake but you know they but they listen to everything they read in a magazine or whatever the media says to. Them and so right, now you, know if the doctors are all, saying don't use that because it's you, know harmful for your, heart they're not going to.
Speaker 4: So which mine are the same. Way but it's so, funny and the same goes for the salt. Situation RIGHT i could literally remove the salt from their house and replace it with a better, option a better salt, option and they would literally go to the store and replace with table.
Speaker 5: Salt they don't, listen you.
Speaker 4: Know and so if if somebody says On Good Morning america Or The view or, whatever that, bacon grease or lard or regular butter is bad for, you you should use margarine or, uh you know, whatever they're going to go for that option without even doing the research to know what those things do to their.
Speaker 3: Body, yep, Absolutely.
Speaker 5: SO i don't know crazy to, me just.
Speaker 3: Tell where they're. At that's WHAT i, love.
Speaker 5: Love them or lab. Them that's just all there's not to be.
Speaker 4: Ye SO i just want to SAY i really am happy that we did this episode BECAUSE i think that's going to open up, doors not just for, options because a lot of people don't know that there's different things out. There i'm gonna say, this if you have your own capability to grind stuff, yourself buy it hole or buy very coarse pieces or. Whatever grind it yourself so that you don't have any of those extra additives in there to stop it from caking and all of that. Stuff don't buy the already Ground heimalayan pink sea. Salt don't do. That that's not a great idea unless you're going to be buying the uber quality, one you.
Speaker 5: Know WHAT i.
Speaker 3: Mean, YEP i found a couple Other this is kind of a fun fact for historical use To so in Ancient, rome soldiers were partially paid in, salt which is where the word salary comes. From the s al sal and salary is actually from, salt and Then china used it as a currency and it's tightly regulated. There africa salt routes and trade shaped economies and, cultures and as far as fung, shue you can put bowls of salt placed in your in different rooms to absorb negative. Energy SO i don't know how many you're big on func. SHUE i have a friend who actually does that. Here she'll go into your home space or your workspace and she kind of tells, you like where to put a plant or where to put you, know there's like put this red envelope in this corner of the, room and it signifies financial health and all of that. Stuff and SO i thought that was kind of. Cool you could probably get a really neat glass bowl and fill it with Beautiful himalayan salt Or celtic sea, salt and whichever one is.
Speaker 5: Best just don't just don't use the black seas.
Speaker 3: Salt, yeah, well AND i probably if it's exposed and, OPEN i probably wouldn't use it in my food. Either and.
Speaker 5: TIME i ever did, IT i was, like, man is something wrong with?
Speaker 4: This i'm, like why does? It why does it steek so? Bad and we actually had to look it. Up my husband looked it up WHILE i was in the kitchen trying to make, food and he's, Like, oh it's because it naturally has the. Sulfur And i'm, like it literally. Smelled it smelled like eggs that had been outside festering in the hot sun for years. STINK i was, like holy, Crap but you don't taste it in your. Food once you make your, food you can get past the god awful stitch when.
Speaker 3: You your body really does need the. Sulfur, honestly it really, does especially as you.
Speaker 5: Age, yeah it.
Speaker 4: Was just it was just a new, experience AND i was, Like i'm not sure IF i can like be in the kitchen like loving on making my bacon and then all of a sudden smelling.
Speaker 5: Like garbage dump. Eggs, yeah, yeah love.
Speaker 3: Putting, WELL i suppose if you needed it that bad for your, digestion you.
Speaker 4: Know oh, Boy, Yeah i've never seen BECAUSE i know you AND i had talked about this before and different stuff with like making adrenal cocktails and stuff like that and different kinds of salt and. Whatever BUT i have never ever once in any of our stores here seen the Gray himalayan. Salt oh, Really like, ever that's.
Speaker 3: Not the, natural grosser place that we have.
Speaker 5: Here, yeah we don't have anything like that.
Speaker 3: Here plastic envelope kind of a. Thing and it's it's so much though that like and you'll pay like ten fifteen bucks for, it but you'll never be able to use that much of. It and it's the really really coarse Gray celtic sea. Salt AND i, mean you got to figure out how to crush that stuff because you get one solid rock of that and you're gonna like put your lips will. Pucker everything's gonna. PUCKER i, mean it's just a lot of.
Speaker 5: Salt all your entrance is an Ex.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah everything's.
Speaker 5: PUCKERING i don't need any of.
Speaker 4: That, No, so my, dear do you have anything else to add? Today you, know just.
Speaker 3: AH i guess just a final thought that as far as like both the physical and the, spiritual salt is such a significant. Factor And i'm also just so grateful and glad that we did this because you, know to see how it all comes, together to see the, symbolism to know that it heals the, body it cleanses the energy, field and it really does connect us to The earth and our. Ancestors it's a primal elemental force in our, world and it's a tangible reminder Of earth's gifts and that connection to the root chakra and just carries both physical and spiritual, energies which today is what we need more than, ever and it's something that we don't pay attention to a. Lot so, Again i'm so glad we did this because most people are, like, OH i just put it in my, food Or i'll soak in the epsom salt. Bath but when you sit down and actually have a conversation on all the many varied and unusual uses and historical purposes of, it it's just mind. Boggling it's really really, cool and.
Speaker 4: What kind of things people really need to think? About what kind of things do they need in their? Life do they need that, grounding do they need that purification of? Energy do they need wound healing or a boost in their body or? Whatever and that should hopefully this episode helps to direct them on the path that they need to go on and their intention behind.
Speaker 5: USAGE i love that.
Speaker 3: You use that word because intention is everything in the energetic, world, especially and so there is a lot of intentional uses for, salt both physically and, spiritually AND i hope that all of this information is going to help people use salt in a more energetic and spiritual way moving forward TO i know the word ritual is probably like kind of.
Speaker 5: WHAT i was going to, say, Routine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, routine, ritual, recipe you, know whatever you want to call. It but just you, know we do we have rituals all the, time you know What i'm, Saying Like i'll wash my face and go put my red light mask, on and that's a little ritual THAT i do BECAUSE i regularly do. It it doesn't mean That i'm like dancing nude in the full moonlight and you, know having.
Speaker 5: Plants ebarking at the.
Speaker 3: MOON i, mean it's. Nothing it's. Nothing it doesn't have to be. Anything woo. Woo AND i think a lot of times we just need to take the teeth out of the monster and stop looking at it for what society has taught us it. Is it is a it's a regular thing or you, know it's something that like we can do things that symbolize our. Intentions so like WHEN i, said get yourself that salt lamp and cry and ritualistically or just symbolically let it, go even if you're by, yourself give it to source as an offering and say, here you take. This it's too much for me to carry anymore that don't let it go and, like but still you can do those and you can even call it a, ceremony which, also you, KNOW i think gets a bad connotation to it sometimes. Too AND i don't necessarily do those, things but Occasionally i'll think to, MYSELF i think this Is i'm going to go do this thing as a symbol of me letting it. Go because sometimes even like an intentions, enough you can intention with your mind and Say i'm done with, THIS i don't need it. Anymore i've officially let it. Go but sometimes having that little ritual or ceremony for, yourself just sitting at the the, lamp taking deep, breaths saying out loud like this is WHAT i let, go having some tearful, offering you, know sometimes that just helps us feel like it's more. Official but one way or the, OTHER i hope people are going to take this information and really consider the energetic and spiritual side to salt as much as we flavor our food with, it you, know and what the significance to us that it is when we are called the salt of the. Earth there's so much to that whole. Thing it's really kind of.
Speaker 5: Cool you.
Speaker 4: Know one more THING i was thinking about that that popped into my head is literally the best SLEEP.
Speaker 5: I have ever had in my entire.
Speaker 4: LIFE i slept all, NIGHT i didn't wake. UP i didn't have any interruptions as when we stayed at a beachfront place and left the door open all night and you could hear that when and getting that sea air, yep and it, LIKE i don't, know it like totally did something to my, body because not only did it put me in that deep, sleep but WHEN i woke, UP i was, like, well let's go run a marathon type, thing which was not normal for.
Speaker 5: Me i'm usually, like that's why they call it VITAMIN. C.
Speaker 4: Yeah AND i just, like IF i had my, CHOICE i would go do that on a regular, basis even a couple times a, year just to get that rejuvenation and. Stuff and think about the healing centers that they used to use that, had you, know the the healing waters and stuff like, that and the frequency and the, vibration And i'll guarantee you they were sald in, it because even if you have a salt water, pool it makes you feel very different than it does a chlorinated.
Speaker 3: Pool absolutely, gosh if everybody would just switch to those, man there'd be some healing. Happening one hundred.
Speaker 5: Percent. Yeah SO i just want to say thank you so.
Speaker 4: Much for joining me. Today and where can people find, you my.
Speaker 3: Dear they can find me on Both facebook And instagram at Creative light one six and THEN i also have A patreon account which is Creative LIGHT i think it's Creative Light. Wellness you can find. Me it won't be hard if you connect with me On facebook And, instagram and then my website is www dot Creative lightwellness dot. Org.
Speaker 4: Fabulous so for me and for the lovely and, talented highly intelligent and humorous Doctor, shannon thank you so much for joining us and we will see you next. Time ladies and, gentlemen have a, wonderful wonderful, day