Speaker 1: Okay, it's such a right, and we're alive.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 1: You can watch us on Rumble, Facebook, LinkedIn, and you can listen to us on Spotify and sprecur and I aren't. And who do we have so far? We've got Detective Jake Jacobs from phil and swag you see it, yeah, yeah, looking looking good and you will see that, uh yeah, right, got the cop too, and you'll see those both the hats and the mugs and beanies at the uh merchandise page on our website. That will show before the end of the show. But so we've got Detective Jake Jacobs from philadela amaside announcer Involve un Unit. We've got Greg Island, veteran n c I, a special agent from Tennessee. It's right where it's where it's where it's.
Speaker 3: Hot, right, uh yeah, like twenty degrees right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I'm John Stetton, a veteran n zi's special agent. So we're pretty well covering uh, you know, the south and the northeast. But uh today mark in the next to last day of the year. And it's been in the son of a bitch of a year for a lot of people, for a variety of different reasons. Most importantly, at least in our profession, Street Cups Uh get the brunt of it. You know, they're the face of our profession. And it just so happens that uh two street Cups or or subject subjugated to a disaster this year, to include the Sergeant Infinity Day Finery and Officer Brad Lansord. We've talked about before, but this year has been particularly difficult for them, and as we launch into twenty six, their want they're following their appeals, So we want to make sure we watch those, you know, even though you you may not be in the profession, and it's not just a TV show, and it's not just an appeal that takes place an hour for an hour. It's all over you know. This thing goes on and on and destroys families and stuff like that, and we've got to that not with that happened.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: If we can. We've got three special guests. We've got Jennifer Finnerty, wife of Jennifer, how do you join? Are you good? And we've got Lacey uh Lanceford brad uh Off Bradford. We've got Matthew Overstreet, an easy brother and brother in law. Do I have that right, brother in law? Finally I have it right. And we're obviously we're still feeding the cows in the bedroom.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, it's a fan favorite.
Speaker 1: Yes, Yes, it's like a scene out of Yellowstone right, So.
Speaker 4: Only if we had a train station.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I mean, you guys have to have a here, and you've been fighting back every second of that year, and most people aren't that strong.
Speaker 1: To be able to keep having it up.
Speaker 6: Year on our family, our boys.
Speaker 7: I mean, they put our boys through, not just Brad, but it's our entire family. It's been so hard on my babies, you know, but they have been I'm so proud of the way that they handled everything. You know, they brave and kind and resilient and they just amazed me with how they handled all the ship that we've been through.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now we're just that, you know, I don't want to get into a big long dissertation about what happened. Let's just you know, and you guys can add whatever you want to, but it's it's two circumstances where for us shooters that are in positions that we couldn't be prosecutors, or I'm trying to make political points and it's obvious that they're only trying to make political points. If they're not using it for the greater good of human kin. This is an exercise in making political points for for their races. Specifically, h the new Mexico Attorney General is h Rau Tores right, right, Jake, who believes that perjury is protected under the First Amendment.
Speaker 2: We have to stop calling these guys prosecutors though, John, I'm sorry, they're not. They're all criminals. And I know we can we go touch on jim it leasy stuff. But when you all all the stuff up that's going on around this country, these guys are not prosecuted, and we have to do something.
Speaker 8: Being cowards and we gotta fight.
Speaker 2: You know, boy, that's just saying they put they put our family through hell and and luckily her boys was strong to deal with.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, Now, that's a that's a very good definition. They're political cowards, right, Yes, I mean they're using other people's you know, somebody brings something to somebody. You know, you can use this for a political points. They're they're only doing it for that. So both both Sergeant Erity and Officer Brad Ansor are part of the UH Pipitterer Foundation as uh, you know, people that they support and you can take a look at this. There's the sergeanty affinity and there's an officer brad answer and then thank you Bill, I appreciate that. And then we've got dafinity. I mean these are you know, uh yeah, you know, I can't I can't tell you enough. You know, a million people watch TV shows, you know, they want to tell tell us about what that will happen. You know that's great. This isn't a TV show. This is this is real life and they affect your life and your kid's life and how long will that be, you know, for for indefinite period of time. But I want to just show a little bit of you know, there's another side to you a cop too, you know. Okay, that's a visit to the is it a peak country in the background it is?
Speaker 5: That's oh awesome, cope tissue.
Speaker 1: Okay, there's chargeant day, finnerty.
Speaker 9: Our weather looks a little different than me.
Speaker 1: Yeah it looks a little bit, yeah, a little bit colder. Okay. Now these are the kids, these are your kids, right correct.
Speaker 10: Emma's twenty, Skyler is ten, and Charlotte is eight. She just turned eight on the thirteenth of December. She was eight months old when this all started.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Oh my god. Now you're Patriots fans.
Speaker 8: You shouldn't show that picture to an Eagles fan.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, or a Bills fan, especially what child the Rady's knowing.
Speaker 9: They're not as good as when Tom Brady was there.
Speaker 10: Well, Drake is going, Okay, that was our town does It's almost like a Hallmark movie Christmas with lights and trees and then we go to meet Santa.
Speaker 9: So this was at our local library.
Speaker 7: Nice, that was our date night. Actually, you're right, it's hard to get him to smiling pictures.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a Lunsford tree.
Speaker 1: Is he's looking good though, he looks healthy.
Speaker 6: He's he's home and he's happy and healthy. And there's our two boys.
Speaker 1: Okay. So it's really a circumstance where neither one of these cases were secured up to the point where they would be prosecuted. One was already exonerated, Sergeant finnerd They was already exonerated. Officer Lunsford had to save himself and his partner.
Speaker 2: It's like I said, they don't care about the families. They we just saw the family photos. They don't care about the destruction of the family. You know, Brad should be getting a medal or a war or saving his partner's life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, in his own.
Speaker 8: Life and things of that nature.
Speaker 2: But instead he's dealing with this criminals that I refuse to call him.
Speaker 8: We have to do something.
Speaker 2: I mean, this lawfair that's going on throughout this country. These two officers was law biding citizens, and we took them down with judicial lawfair.
Speaker 8: They're criminals.
Speaker 2: They no longer judges, they longer longer prosecutors, they no longer anything. They're criminals, and they're destroying this country with this nonsense. And we're gonna step up and stop it, or we're gonna wait for the next.
Speaker 8: Lunch for infinity because it's going to happen.
Speaker 2: You know, if we might got this a three year window, we don't.
Speaker 8: Do something right now, we're in trouble.
Speaker 2: Eight months to eight years this I'm at this crap been going on and nobody stepped up for these fai exactly.
Speaker 1: Now there's there's investigations initiated on the use of political lawfare, right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So we had the National Police Association on our behalf asked the d o J the U s c o J to investigate relators for violating.
Speaker 1: Brad civil rights, which which should have been the first thing that I would presume it was the first thing you guys thought of. I mean, it was certainly one of the first things we thought of. I mean, you know, you can't. You can't. There's so much going on that you've got to break it down like that, you know what I mean. You've got to be able to say, hey, look, this is where it's coming from. What's nipping in the immediately? Okay? So there's appeals out on both cases, right, Okay, Jennifer, I know that you were kind enough to read through the entire PDF of the appeal on Sunday, right, what can you tell us about it?
Speaker 10: Yes, I just finished the last part of it this morning, oh seventy nine pages.
Speaker 9: But it's I was glad I went through it.
Speaker 10: Obviously I have lived this, but it was nice to see it kind of written out and kind of justify what we were thinking during trial that they were basically trying Dave for the crime that Officer Bartlett committed.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, So now can we discuss at all obscro Partlett.
Speaker 10: He was, He was the officer that used the force on the homeless gentleman. It was the end of the shift for the MBTA trains and the inspector asked him to come and assist with getting everybody off and the Anthony Wattson, a homeless individual would not leave the train, so Bartlett went to assist with getting him off and used unjustified force, but wied about it.
Speaker 1: What's his status now?
Speaker 9: He is still on parole.
Speaker 10: I believe he got two years probation, any mean parole probation, and he did testify at trial, and he had grand trial immunity, but did not have trial immunity because the statue of mutations had run out, so it didn't really matter if he had immunity or not because the statue mutations to charge him with the civil rights violations.
Speaker 9: Head it's awesome.
Speaker 1: Picture of the things. Isn't that screwed up?
Speaker 9: Mm hmm?
Speaker 1: I mean, Jake Craig, I mean, it's mind blowing. It's mind blowing that it's somebody that causes something like that. You know what, it gets away with it.
Speaker 2: You know what's amazing to me, Like I said, with this nonsense, it seems like with us, it's always the statue of limitations is running out in these you know. But with us, they gets you the third day you're already in jail to throw away the key. But with them, it's like, oh it's two years. One day is too late, it's five years, one of them is too late.
Speaker 8: It ridiculous.
Speaker 1: It's almost like a time in m hmm.
Speaker 2: JA six is coming up. You know what I mean that that time is about to run out. It's the same stuff with these same people.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: It's a case of Philadelphia, just like yours, chid Well off so Dan, you'll have the same thing you had. Liars who does something, they get rewarded and Daniel love it.
Speaker 8: It's still going through it.
Speaker 2: So it's not just Boston, New Mexico, Philly is all over throughout this country and it's the same prep they get these immunities.
Speaker 8: Stop just rowl need to be a jail leage.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, yeah, okay, So what's the uh? Okay? So Raul Torres, the Attorney General of New Mexico, how to use the term right way because apparently he doesn't know what that he's doing other than politically as a political uh operative. He's the one that to problem in Mexico, then we've got a problem that's equally big in Boston. Right, and her name is what's her name?
Speaker 10: Well, Rachel Rollins was the one who's created problem. You work for a community college when she had to resign a disgrace from being the US attorney under Biden, and then they gave her a job at Roxbury Community College.
Speaker 9: I believe it is to educate criminals.
Speaker 1: Basically, who goes from assistant you? Who goes from your's attorney to community college?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 1: Greg? I mean that's an of her very clime, Jake, Right, that's an aprid climb. Yeah, all the US attorneys have aspired to be uh, you know, professors at the community got which is.
Speaker 2: Jesus Training school training next.
Speaker 1: Now interestingly interesting, I love enough not to get off track, but the corrupt Pennsylvania governor who caused a lot of problems became a professor at a community college. What's that title? Interesting? It's a career path. Right.
Speaker 10: They have no I think moral compass when they are in the position that they're in and then just say, oh well, we'll be taken care of later. The assistant US attorney who was trying Dave's case against him. She's horrible, she has a complaint about misconduct. She definitely did things incorrectly. And Dave's trial, what's.
Speaker 1: Your but being those two? You know what the claim to fame nothing as human beings, you know, pushing a false narrative, right bearing false witness.
Speaker 10: How about that she started the trial opening statements and closing statements were basically pulling on the jury's heartstrings about you know, they had to get justice for Anthony Watson, who was a homeless individual. So from the start it wasn't a fair trial because they were again trying Dave for the misconduct of a different officer and using the fact that Anthony Watson was homeless, and they tried to he was on the witness list to testify, and they weren't able to locate him at the time of trial to have him testify. But Dave was the only one that really helped him, so he I think would have helped our side, which maybe why they couldn't find him.
Speaker 8: Did they go to the corner where he was at the last time?
Speaker 10: Well, I think they definitely know where he was. Was that they gave him at ten and some money so that he had a roof over his head.
Speaker 1: Jesus, you know it's employeedbook. You know it's not the If it's not the Statue of immccasions, they can't find the person.
Speaker 2: Well, you got the prosecution hiding witnesses. When does that ever happen in our district? Is the usually I have to go try to find these dark witnesses right for the prosecution. I never said I never had a datl behay, Jake, could you go and hide this opless guy who was on the eleventh in Arch. Could you move him to seventeenth at JFK and give him a ten and twenty dollars so he can.
Speaker 8: Go to the seventy eleven. It's ridiculous and they're doing this and right in front of our faces.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, like everybody saw in the video with Lacy.
Speaker 8: Everybody saw that video is open and shut.
Speaker 2: It's open and shut, grect and watched it probably a thousand times.
Speaker 8: It broke it down frame by frame right.
Speaker 3: The layers in the in the lunch fer case is just mind boggling in.
Speaker 11: The fact that everything that he did he was taught in the academy.
Speaker 3: In the sequence of the use of Lisa.
Speaker 11: Leath of Force and his department actually reviewed it and you know, said it was he did everything he was supposed to do. And and please correct me if I'm wrong. The Las crusis New Mexico is in what county, and Raoul Torres is the Attorney General, which there's several layers of government between that county and the Attorney General. So everybody up to the state level of the government said everything was it was by the book and and it was done accurately. And so the fact that you have this attorney general who then calls a subject matter expert who's never actually done a day and as a police officer as his expert witness and in the use of force, it's just the whole case just I.
Speaker 3: Can't really put it any better than it just it's it's ship.
Speaker 8: It sucks.
Speaker 12: Brad was cleared well, Brad was cleared by his own department correct lay and by a third party as well. This this case set and languished for almost two years before it was cherry picked by Raoul Torres intentionally and you know, just putting it out there. Something to consider too, that campaign donations from the civil Attorney. There's a correlation there and the link that needs to be investigated. The civil attorney representing the family has a long history of large campaign donations to rival torres and judges throughout the state of New Mexico. And we're talking to the two million millions.
Speaker 1: We had a picture of her. She's it's all bland that right, Yeah. Correct, he's the one that is pushing the civil side.
Speaker 12: Until her law firm represented the family, this case had no traction. The state was not pursuing it until yeah, he want, until she gained them as a client. Then all of a sudden it became a priority. Yeah, let's face facts. It's pure an absolute criminal activity.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 12: He knows that with a conviction against Brad that this city of Las Cruces will settle with the family at a tune of one hundred and twenty nine million dollars, and he stands to financially gain as along with all the other judges that are elected in the state of New Mexico.
Speaker 4: It's racketeering.
Speaker 2: And the thing is with that is that's the same playbook of all these people. Now, this case was nothing until they had a financial benefit. And I think there's laws on the books with the bribery exportion in all those things. That's clear. You got the paper trick. You have to this law firm getting the case and Brad getting arrested.
Speaker 8: Or charged.
Speaker 2: There's there's no ambiguity there.
Speaker 3: I think we should the sergeant entity case is that.
Speaker 11: He was a new sergeant correct and he was actually pulling the lieutenant.
Speaker 3: Job that night, which I've done that before in my career.
Speaker 11: And uh so uh the the U s Attorney that prosecuted the case before she became the US attorney, she was actually a DA the same area, so he he was the case was looked at while she was the DA and they weren't well, they weren't going to prosecute this case.
Speaker 10: He was exonerated after four years. Sir Rachel Rollins was the county DA when Dave was charged at the state level and after four years, when exculplatory evidence suddenly appeared the day before trial that exonerated Dave. The ADA said that he could no longer move forward with the case against Dave because there was no crime there. And then Rachel Rollins became the US district a journey from Massachusetts and.
Speaker 9: Judged him at the federal level.
Speaker 11: Which I mean, it's just that fact. I mean, it's.
Speaker 8: She should be charged at the federal level. Conspiracies.
Speaker 1: The thing is blatant. M it's about it's blatant as he as you can get.
Speaker 2: Unless our government locked these people up. Unfortunately, going to continue this stuff is blatant. He just said, one hundred and twenty nine million dollars is about to be stolen from the citizens of New Mexico.
Speaker 8: And no one cares.
Speaker 6: There's no accountability for criminals here whatsoever.
Speaker 10: Same here, the chief of police for my husband's department murdered somebody, and of course that's not in the news. They but he kept it quiet. Everyone's like, oh, when does this trial. It was hard to find any information, so he was able to bury that. But of course Dave's stuff is all over the news and he was found guilty of murder.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, I'm doing anything to do with what's her name, dosie, what's her name? I forgot her name?
Speaker 9: Oh, Karen Reiding.
Speaker 10: Yes, Martin Weinberg did Karen Reid's federal appeal, and that is who we have.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 10: We have a different lawyer for the appeal than we did for trial, so we're very good hands.
Speaker 8: The attorney is representing Oh yes.
Speaker 10: Yes, extended yep, Rob Reiner.
Speaker 1: Not to get off the track where we have a renowned uh dog Anglare. That's kind of explain what Chloe could have done, you know what I mean? It should be very interesting.
Speaker 10: Where is Chloe by the way, Vermont, I believe that that was rumor on vacation.
Speaker 9: Yep.
Speaker 1: Jeez.
Speaker 9: It's so frustrating when there are so many.
Speaker 10: You know, there are people who commit crimes and then people like Brad and Day who our lives have been.
Speaker 9: Uprooted because of all of this.
Speaker 10: The one good thing through all this is because I've become friends with Lacy and and other Pipe Hitter Foundation families that I never would have become friends with. So it's nice to have people that completely understand.
Speaker 2: Well, I think, can you guys explain Pipe Hitters Force for people who don't know, Yeah, you do.
Speaker 10: The Pipe Hitters is started by Andrea and Eddie Gallagher and.
Speaker 9: He was a naval seal I believe, and.
Speaker 10: Was charged with the crime and after his experience, he wanted to create an organization where veterans and military and police had support so that they weren't going through things alone.
Speaker 9: And they're very supportive, helpful.
Speaker 6: They've been amazing.
Speaker 7: It's really like a big family and they understand what we're going through.
Speaker 6: And we could do this without them.
Speaker 1: And without do you know how many people we represent? Now?
Speaker 13: Oh, there's like I know of us to a salvator Old Roddy is out of New Jersey, I believe, and Mike McMahon.
Speaker 10: He was actually just pardoned by President Trump. His wife is Martha Byrne, who's actually on As the World Turns and.
Speaker 9: She has fought really hard for him.
Speaker 10: That they're another family, and I believe that might be one other current one.
Speaker 1: There's somebody from Philly, right.
Speaker 9: Ye, Salvator Old Roddy.
Speaker 10: I know, I believe he is from Philly, but he was on the I believe New Jersey's.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he's that middle one you said, have them on the show. His parents, Yeah, they're amazing.
Speaker 12: I think they have six active cases currently that they're supporting, at least I'm on the website.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm looking right, he has a right here too.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we have to thank Eddie because you know what they put him through, you know, you know, you almost you don't say the Lord works in mysterious ways. If Eddie doesn't go through what he went through, then we may not have the pop pipe hit or foundation, you know. And it's nice to have someone who continues to fight after they've extricated.
Speaker 8: Themselves from the situation to know what's going on.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Andrea was just she's a warrior and she fought from so hard and they both of them did this and now it's nice.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 7: I've had different families reach out to me who are kind of in the same situation, and I've been able to help them, and so it's it's an ongoing giving kind of thing.
Speaker 6: It's been amazing.
Speaker 8: Argument.
Speaker 4: Oh excuse me.
Speaker 12: I would make the argument that it wasn't for the women standing by their husbands, uh, in the Eddie's situation as well. I've never met the man or had the pleasure too, but I think you would agree with me that it wasn't for his wife and those that stand stood next to him are the strong women in our lives, that none of this would be possible and the force to be reckoned with.
Speaker 2: He'll be the first to tell you that, because he said that a million times. If it's not people for like Jen and Lacy and Eddie's white. I forgot her name is skate you right now, but I've watched her, you know.
Speaker 8: Yes, Okay, thank you, thank you?
Speaker 4: Yes, absolute pitbulls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yes, he's definitely. I don't want to call her anything because.
Speaker 8: I don't want to come back.
Speaker 9: When they can't.
Speaker 1: Yes, there are certainly of the engines because the fights.
Speaker 12: One can make the argument that we're not strong enough to handle it without our words, right.
Speaker 2: I know I couldn't, you know, I didn't have you know, my brim standing next to me. You know, I couldn't deal with this nonsense. But turn turn it right, and they're gonna be there. You don't know how they get near to there, but they're there by your side, and like, like, look how long jenn and Lady's been going through this. Annie's wife Andrew has been going through this longer than that, and she's still there dealing with other people's stuff.
Speaker 8: And that's what we need.
Speaker 2: We need, we need to unify this thing because that's what it's gonna take. It's gonna I'm sorry, guys, I mean not transgender guys. We're gonna need the women to step up to the plate because uh, that's that's who raises the the families. We all know it, you know, we don't like to admit it, guys, we like to be but we know who the real I was about to say, Bayer, We know who the real strip is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah. So we expect, we hopefully expect the appeals to be done this year twenty twenty six for.
Speaker 10: It, correct, Dave. We're expected or May or June. Is what our current timeline is. That we've heard that we might be in front of the judges.
Speaker 1: Okay, and with.
Speaker 7: Us, you know, we got the new trial. The judge said yes, and the age appealed it. So right now it's with the appellate court and we'll be lucky if we hear anything in a year.
Speaker 6: And a half. Two years. We don't, We don't know.
Speaker 7: So it's pretty much everything is on pause. Our life is on hold again. But if you read through the judge's motion for a new trial, I mean, we shouldn't even have to have a new trial. He said in there that it was justified, completely justified.
Speaker 6: I mean, you really need to read through it.
Speaker 7: It's it's just amazing and it's infuriating that you have to go through all this again judge.
Speaker 1: Judge, when a judge as it's justified, I mean, what more do you want.
Speaker 12: Judge, boy gave me Raoul Torres an exit strategy, a way to say you face, and his ego prevented him from doing so. Uh. That was a clear opportunity for this case to be dismissed, all charges dropped, and he chose to double down and continue this fight even after. I mean, when you read through this motion, it's it's astonishing what Foy had to say about the evidence, the weak evidence, the weak case gets yes.
Speaker 1: That and we believe that is because of the civil aspect of things, right.
Speaker 4: It's all monetary.
Speaker 12: Even other attorneys in the local community down there that have very close ties decades working with the AG's office in New Mexico, they're the ones that shed light on all of the money and helped guide us into this investigation.
Speaker 1: Oh, everybody, everybody that you know. As Greg was mentioning, I mean, there's several levels there. The hands are getting raased. Yeah, the only committed murder was the deceited. That's the only person that committed murder. You can call it suicide, you can call it whatever the hell you want. But we've seen this stuff, and.
Speaker 2: You know, ladies have to go through another two damn years of this nonsense.
Speaker 8: With the boys, I mean, they're going.
Speaker 2: To be in college before the star thing is settled, so somebody can steal one hundred and twenty nine million dollars.
Speaker 12: In the States appeal, they refer to Ezzie or did I say that right?
Speaker 4: Lay? Sometimes they refer to him as a gentleman.
Speaker 12: The verbiage they used, that's a gentleman pulling a knife on law enforcement, lying, robbing a convenience store, resisting the rest, fighting, arming himself.
Speaker 4: That's a gentleman.
Speaker 8: Knocking an officer unconscious.
Speaker 12: Yeah, knocking officer unconscious, that's a gentleman.
Speaker 4: That's what we're going to call a criminal.
Speaker 1: It was video on video, by the way, exactly.
Speaker 6: At the last hearing.
Speaker 7: Once again I got called out for bad mouthing the criminal. And I don't think they really they realized that I'm telling the truth.
Speaker 6: I've been telling the truth this whole time. Just because you don't like the truth.
Speaker 7: Doesn't make it a lie. I'm not bad moulting anyone. I've been putting the truth out there and I will continue to do so.
Speaker 6: It's it's ridiculous.
Speaker 8: Have you to have you definitely does that outide? Follow on Twitter?
Speaker 1: Yeah, have you too noticed Jennifer Anilcia, have you noticed the news?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 1: It was a little bit more understanding of what's going on.
Speaker 2: Or not.
Speaker 6: Somewhat like it was.
Speaker 7: We had support from one of our one of my friends. She's not my friends, she doesn't work for the news station anymore, and we you know, she was the only one willing to tell our side of the story. But everyone else they just kind of brush it off. You know, when it first came out, it was, oh, white cops shoots shoots an armed black man. It was it's been like that, you know.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 10: Yeah, same here that we know news stations it was all they even have got it wrong when Dave was sent in say so that he pled guilty, but he never pled guilty, and that really bothered me. It was like in the article and it was like, you know, it's over, like that part's over, like not, They're just gonna write what they want to write to get the views.
Speaker 2: It's like Greg said, Greg said, he's been that Operation Broom person. You know, it's amazing that they gets charged.
Speaker 8: He wasn't even there. He's not even there.
Speaker 3: I gotta say one thing is that people like say words that they don't understand. But Boston metro trendsit. I can't even imagine what a night as a death sergeant would be. Oh my god.
Speaker 10: In the trial they wanted we tried to stop it, but they used Dave's prior use of force reports and they would not allow one of Bartlett's reports that we wanted to introduce. They were trying to set the stage like, oh, Dave knows how to use write a use of force report, he knows the words to use, and actually reading the appeal had to reminded me like the Dave's charge was not even a use of force report. It wasn't arrest report. And I mean, if you're a good officer, you should know how to fright reports. But they were trying to use Dave's prior use to force reports from a lengthy career in Boston that he was a heavy handed officer, is what they were trying to get the jurors to see. And they were even allowed to see the baton that Bartlett used on the homeless individual. But we tried to get Bartlett's one report, which was a very similar case that had the same language as the language from this report and they didn't allow it. Wow, So they use the opposite argument like we're gonna use it because he knows how to write a report, but they wouldn't use it here because then it was pre judicial that you know, they would paint Bartlett in a bad light.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's amazing how their case so strong, but they have to hide stuff. And it's the same argument that you say, oh, it's the white cop on the black guy, or it's he's heavy handed. It's the same terminology you find out with all this nazis, Well, if you're in a certain area, doing certain type of law enforcement activity over a certain period of time, and you don't be heavy handed. The only other thing is you're very fast running in the opposite direction. So it can't be both. It's just not allowed. You got to take the back guy, it was a recent or the back like Macy, Brad did everything he could and Greg said this a thousand times. He did everything he could to you know, the force continuum as we call it in law enforcement, right, you know, he took it. He went above beyond that, you know, and they still a wrestling in Dave's case.
Speaker 8: He's trying to he's telling the damn truth. You got the liar, So is that what they do?
Speaker 2: They say, Okay, we're going to give the liar immunity and we're going to prosecute the truth guy. We're going to give the guys who tried to save this guy's life and charge it with murder.
Speaker 8: This is ridiculous. Like Allison Wonderland.
Speaker 10: And Dave didn't even know about the second use of force that actually happened in the in the booking area, So Dave didn't even know about that for another year until we got the video. He was just told that we better get out there by the monitor room officer, but never has said that Bartlett was had his hand up on Watson's throat, So none of that was mentioned to Dave until Dave sorry, when we were going through evidence.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you one thing, though, I love having ladies like you two on here because we got to continue to get this message out. And we know in this thing that Dave right now and Brad right now are very limited because of what's going on and what they can say. So we need you guys voices to continue to come on here to let people know what's going on.
Speaker 1: This is the kind of stuffs in New Mexico and Boston. Why don't you get off your eyes and tell us what really, what really happened.
Speaker 7: And it's been amazing the support we've had, not only from here and Crusis.
Speaker 6: You know, the community here has been great, but.
Speaker 7: We've had people from Albuquerque all over New Mexico just reach out and show their support to us, you know, because they know this is wrong and they're tired of living in this.
Speaker 6: We're the most dangerous state in the country. They're tired of it.
Speaker 7: They want to start holding these criminals accountable and you know, letting our.
Speaker 6: Police officers do their job.
Speaker 7: But of course you have the judges who let them go thirty minutes after they're brought in. So I think people here are really ready for a change, and hopefully it'll they'll come sooner than later.
Speaker 2: We have to review remove these immunities on these judges and prosecutors. It has to go, and I'm tired of giving them certain terms like activist judges. If you let a convicted murderer out of jail, or someone who just did this or illegally locked up an officer you're not an activist judge, you're a criminal, and you've got to remove these immunities and prosecute them criminally and also allow you guys, when it's all said and done, to sue them civilly. It has to change, and we need our Congress to get off their but and remove these immunities and write these laws so that when these quote unquote activist judges do what they do in these prosecutors break the law, they know that it could be accountability down the road because of it. As it currently stands, they're going to continue to do this and hot evidence, hot witnesses, illegally.
Speaker 8: Lock up cops.
Speaker 2: They're going to continue to do this until there's a repercussion for their action.
Speaker 10: Yeah, the judges are afraid, I think to act on police cases. I at least you said that your judge cleared Dave basically in his motion, our motion to dismiss the charges.
Speaker 9: Oh no, it was sorry, it was an emotion to set aside the verdict.
Speaker 10: And our judge wrote a thirty eight page response to that, which is unheard of I have heard, and he basically said that like Dave didn't commit a crime, that it was his inexperience because he was a new sergeant and only that was the second time I believe he had ever done the desk, and he basically didn't want.
Speaker 9: To set aside the verdict.
Speaker 10: He said, it is usually a cut and dry it's common to have motions to set aside the verdict, but it's also common for them to be denied. And he said this was a very difficult decision for him, but he was afraid of public outcry. And because it was a police case is what we got from that. Those weren't his exact words, but because it was a police use of force case, even though Dave was not the officer using the force, wasn't there there was evidence that the jury could have used to find him not guilty of all charges, which then he should have I believe legally over time to the verdict.
Speaker 9: So hopefully the appeal judges it's just based on.
Speaker 2: Law.
Speaker 10: It's three judges and the lawyers only have fifteen to twenty minutes I think, or maybe it's only like twelve to fifteen. It's a short amount of time to give their case. That's why the brief is so detailed, so that they can't get out.
Speaker 1: It's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: This is what I've noticed with these cape of cases though, with these prosecutes. If you want to call them that, if you do win on a pill instead of them walking away, do you think they will uppheal that decision to the Supreme court of your state.
Speaker 10: We're hoping everything is overturned and goes our way.
Speaker 8: I don't see how it got this started for how many don't, but it seems like.
Speaker 2: From what I see here in Philadelphia, these prosecutors don't give up.
Speaker 8: They keep taking the cop to the next level.
Speaker 2: And luckily you guys have pipe hitters supporting you guys and other people because besides the middle tool, it takes on your family, the financial tool that could possibly be out there that they don't care about.
Speaker 10: That im Yeah, Law Enforcement Legal Defense Fund is another big organization that is so helpful. You have to actually in order to be accepted into these foundations. There's a board application process that it's not just like, oh, we pick you, and if we're a board to unanimously say yes, you know we want to support you, says a lot that you know, they see the holes in the cases.
Speaker 7: So they're they're supporting us to you and they have been pretty fundamental in our new h our new lawyer. You know, he's bringing his whole team on his a law firm, and they are just they're amazing.
Speaker 6: It's they're going to.
Speaker 1: Take the law. We should give a shout out to law firms.
Speaker 6: Matt Chandler.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's one in New Mexico.
Speaker 9: That's Chandler from Martin Weinberg.
Speaker 1: Weineberg Chandler right near you, New Mexico.
Speaker 6: And he's actually out of love it Texas.
Speaker 7: He does a lot of like the cleat stuff up there, but he's dual license in New Mexico.
Speaker 1: Too, So good, good, good, Well, we're almost running out of time, and you guys have anything to say? I mean, you know, it's been a hell of a twenty twenty five. We look forward to twenty twenty six where both both of you see success with your appeals. Do you have anything you want to say? Matt, Matthew, we have a question. Are those brigit Virginia calves?
Speaker 4: Yes, they're Virginia cows.
Speaker 12: And unfortunately, our new attorney general here likes to talk about killing women and children, so and.
Speaker 4: How he wishes that on people.
Speaker 12: So the state of Virginia is gonna go down the toilet worse than it already is. But one of the things, one of the points I would really like to keep in the forefront for twenty twenty six is we have to keep the momentum up. We have to keep coming on doing podcasts, we have to keep getting the message out to the community.
Speaker 4: And we can't let this these topics.
Speaker 12: These issues, and these these members of our community languish and fall by the wayside, because if we don't keep it in the forefront of the public, they're going to be forgotten about.
Speaker 4: And the support will slowly erode.
Speaker 12: And that's my biggest fear, is that we have to keep the momentum and the pre pressure on these attorney generals and on air judges and hold folks accountable whether they like it or not. I see here in one of these motions that I was brought up and false, false information and it was amusing to read, but that I appreciate this opportunity for all of us. But moving into twenty twenty six, let's let's double down on it.
Speaker 1: I hear that, well, we definitely want to have you guys pack as a Chris forward particularly, I mean, you know, the local news and the national news should report it should be reporting on us. This is a you know, this is a moral corpus kind of thing. You know, it went off the rails. You know it's blatantly in corrected. You have an opportunity to correct it in the news. Now, why don't you do that?
Speaker 9: You know mainstream media doesn't want to.
Speaker 1: No local news. You really have to step up and explain what the problem is. It's playton right in front of your face, right in.
Speaker 8: Front of your face.
Speaker 7: I just want to say thank you so much for having us on it and for your continued support. You guys are the best. I love coming on here and just just thank you from us. And we have a long, long fight ahead of us, so we look too. We look forward to to seeing you guys a lot.
Speaker 9: More, me too.
Speaker 1: Hopefully we'll have good news to report at the end. Right.
Speaker 10: I enjoyed being on as well and appreciate you being willing to get our stories out there like a major media doesn't want to do.
Speaker 1: What we really want to do is be able to have your husbands on to tell us what the hell you know what I mean?
Speaker 9: I think Dave looks forward to that opportunity here.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm sure Brad do just here my resolutions, well as far as just cause I got a bunch of them, like.
Speaker 8: My resolutions.
Speaker 2: I hope the next time you guys go on, which is the early January, those guys decided to just let all us go away and withdraw everything because they know they wrong. Man, that's what I want to see early in the new year, long shot.
Speaker 8: But that's what I wanted.
Speaker 1: We want to And what's the name.
Speaker 8: I don't even care if Raul going to jail, even though I believe that's what he deserves. Yeah, with joy everything.
Speaker 2: Let these families go on with their last Let Brad and Dave going with their life with their family and enjoy next Christmas.
Speaker 8: And you know, even though they are Brady fans over there in Boston.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it was nice to have like sentencing.
Speaker 10: We weren't sure if they was even going to be home or for Christmas. And you know, I was prepared, do I need to like go shopping in September for Christmas so that he could be a part of it.
Speaker 9: So it was nice to have him home. Yeah, no, that he's not going anywhere.
Speaker 1: It's perfect, Okay, Well, hopefully that local has enough. You know, it's to report the truth as as opposed to continuing to.
Speaker 8: Reports and very quickly.
Speaker 2: If you guys want to reach out to the trooper in Jersey and they want to come on and feel free to you know, let him talk to John.
Speaker 10: I'm intact with Barbara old Roddy Savage, his mom, so I know I know she would love to do.
Speaker 9: That's doing it.
Speaker 1: Well, guys. We appreciate you taking the time. Please give Sergeant Dave and Officer brad our best. We have to have them on, you know, as a success.
Speaker 9: You might need a longer show for them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, exactly, scial, yeah exactly. I can break that all the time. Okay, all right, anybody else any well, wishes for twenty twenty six.
Speaker 9: Any year, Happy new Year, Happy New.
Speaker 4: Year, Happy everyone, Happy new year.
Speaker 1: Guys. Okay, thank you very much, thank you.
Speaker 8: Take care, guys.
Speaker 12: You