Speaker 1: Friday, Minnesota Goodbye. So let's get started with Juanita. She sent this in a couple of days ago now, and Juanita listens to our show and listens to the Minnesota Goodbye, and she sent in a rant a couple of weeks ago and it was basically shit that pisses her off, And so she's got another one. So we're gonna start off with a clip from Juanita, and if I push all the buttons correctly, we will be able to hear this. And here we go. Here comes Juanita.
Speaker 2: Hey ya, hey, I need to hear back with this week's episode of shit that pisses me off. So when I go to the gas station, I just want to be able to put my card in, pump my gas. Leave. Nope, you put your card in. Would you like a car wash? Do you have any rewards? How was your day? Do you want to receive? Would you like to try our new Pepperoni and cheese teketo?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I don't want no motherfucker ssqito. Just let me put my card in, pump my gas so I can get the fuck out of here. That's all I want to do. Why don't I have to stand here and answer twenty one fucking questions before I'm able to pump the goddamn gas.
Speaker 1: God that pisses me off.
Speaker 2: Also, Dave, I was catching up on my podcast and I heard you talk about the guns and stuff that you have in your house, and if somebody came and tried to fuck with you and your family, they'd probably leave with an extra hole in her ass.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think the same way. I feel the same way.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 2: I've attached a T shirt in this email and just say the word give me a size and I will send you one because I think that it would fit so perfectly. Trust me, I have one on my own. Well, thanks for listening to my rants again. Talk to you next week. Love you guys, bye.
Speaker 1: Love you back. So the T shirt that she's offering to send to me is the word around, the word around spelled out, and a stick figure fucking the word around ah, and so it says fuck around and find out. So, yes, Wanny to please send me that shirt. Excel please. I am wearing a shirt today that has got a picture of Jesus on it and it says disappointments all of you and I got it on Instagram and it's a little bit spong large.
Speaker 3: I think it looks fine.
Speaker 2: Do you think so?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like I'm here, but watch me relax my belly.
Speaker 4: Okay, oh god disappointed.
Speaker 1: See right now, I'm kind of holding my belly in a little bit, and it's like, you know, I've I've grown accustomed to holding it in, to holding my belly in a little bit. But when I'm like natural, yeah, when.
Speaker 3: You're watching TV, this shirt doesn't fit.
Speaker 1: It does not fit. And I love the mean cackle that I got from the two of you. Genuine means, don't apologize, Jenny.
Speaker 3: Explain to you.
Speaker 4: I mean, it probably was mean, but it just reminded me of the moment when like the Grinch is trying to figure out specifically what to wear, and I know Bailey, and then he wasn't it and then he just like really like lets his stomach go.
Speaker 3: That was like, exactly what you just did. I'm not going okay.
Speaker 1: And then there's a couple of more. Oh sorry, I'm not talking to the microphone dummy. Let's see, there's a couple of more that I want to try to kind of go back to. Okay, here's one we were talking about. Josie and Josie my girl. And you can see Josie on my Instagram today because I'm doing the Instagram takeover of the show on Dave Ryan Show. And one of the videos is Josie sitting beside me in the morning while I have coffee and do wordle and I toss treats to her and it's like our ritual in the morning and she just loves it. I'm writing this Instagram but sending it to Instagram, but sending it here as well. Long wind, but I'm sorry, but I'm so passionate about our fur baby, says Sarah. We had a sixteen year old pup, Benji, that had growths as well. They oozed and stunk at times, but never seemed to bother him. Our vet refused to remove them as well because of his age, but said, hey, they're not harmful. He didn't have incontinence like Josie, but had other ailments toward the end. I have a very very good suggestion from my cousin who is a vet. She said, if you think your pup's three favorite things and they stop and joining those, that's when you know it's time. Okay. Our Benji love food. He gets that from his mama, treats, and toys. At the end, he stopped expressing any interest in any of those things. He slowed down for months before he passed, but never gave up his favorite things, and the VET assured us he wasn't in any pain. It was a Friday evening when he completely stopped showing interest in his top three faves. He took a turn so so fast we called that night to have a VET come to our home on Sunday, the earliest she could get there to euthanize him. It was so freaking hard to make that call, but we knew we couldn't be selfish. He passed on his own in our home an hour before the vet was to be here.
Speaker 3: Oh wow.
Speaker 1: I think Bailey was one hundred percent right with their observations. Wishing you and Josie all the best. Longtime listener, Sarah, thank you. Sarah really appreciate that Josie's things are walks, food like treats especially, and scratches, and so she still loves her walks, treats, and scratches.
Speaker 3: And yeah, she seemed like you know alert in your Instagram story, like, yeah, waking up was rough, like that dog looked like she was like cracking all of her knuckles when she was waking up. Yes, but when you know, when you were having your coffee and feeding her treats, she looked very alert and very seemed or seemed very much so. Yeah, a part of the moment she's still doing.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, okay, moving to another one. Thank you, Sarah. We're actually gonna read that on the actual show next week. And I'm sorry a little ill prepared, but let me go up to this one. Here we go, day Fallon, Jenny and Drake. Now, no, he says, no, you didn't misread that. This email is actually from October twenty twenty four. I am just poking fun at the fact that all of my podcasts on iHeart feature an ad from when Fallen and Drake were still a part of the morning show. Do you know this or is this something you have run up the flagpole? I don't know what he's talking about. Do you there's an ad with Fallon and Drake on iHeart.
Speaker 4: I'm wondering, are you saying ad or is it something promoting the Day Ryan Show? And it's saying our four names instead of the current four names.
Speaker 1: Truly, I don't I details. Yeah, no, okay, then man moving on to something completely different. This is from chef Jim Jay Hamilton, and that is a guy, by the way, his first name is Jem j E. M. I am curious about how you manage your time. I know you're on the radio four hours a day, but what do you do professionally for the other three or four hours. I understand your work might not fit into a standard eight hour day, especially with evening events and other commitments. One day, I'm really looking forward to come to the Cities to an event, finally meeting all of you. But for now I'll have to settle for an email and quietly fact checking you for from Jem okay, we you know, we do the show for four hours, but then we're here for probably another hour or two most days to work on the show. On Fridays, we leave and get our weekend started as soon as we can, so nobody has to stay and plan the show on Friday. We do that on Sunday, so Sundays are kind of a work day, but not all day for sure, And then later in the day we kind of have our afternoons free and sometimes we have something to do in the afternoon, like we might have a like I got a fashion show later this month, I gotta go walk a cat walk in.
Speaker 3: And I'm excited for that. You host like a ukulele club.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But honestly, no, we we work. It's it's I guess you could kind of compare it, like, you know, like Jimmy Fallon. I mean, Jimmy Fallon doesn't just work an hour a day. He's like rehearsals and appearances and meetings and things like that, and that's kind of what we do. But honestly, we work those four hours pretty intensely, just like you do. And then after that we get a couple of hours that we work at our pace and then we're kind of done for the day.
Speaker 3: When I got this job and people said, like, what does it entail, I'd say that we're on the show, we were doing the show, and then after and when we go home, we're essentially just influencers for like the.
Speaker 1: Rest side like that, and we are, but also we're we kind of have a, I don't know, an expectation to go do something that you can talk about on the show, and sometimes you know it's like, oh, well, I rode my motorcycle, or I went and did ukulele club, or I volunteered at the nursing home. Never did that. I made that up. But the kind of the expectation is to live a life and come back in to talk about something you did.
Speaker 3: Do something novel every day.
Speaker 1: Well right, And that's one of the things we would get on Drake about is Drake would do nothing. And this is not a knock on Drake, but it was like, Okay, it's the weekend. You're twenty two years old, go do something fun. And he would stream on his Xbox all weekend and we'd be like, Drake, where's your weekend? In five photos, and he would take a picture of him eating a burrito, and it was like, Drake, you got to go do more than that. Number one, because that's our expectation, but also number two, you're young, go have fun. And he's like, man, no, I really love streaming. That's what I like to do all weekend. Yeah, and I do stuff like you know, I'm gonna go flying twice this weekend. Wow, I'm going to go to the gym. The babies are coming over tomorrow night, so try to have a life.
Speaker 3: Wow, you're exciting dude, so exciting, was it? What's it like being so exciting?
Speaker 1: It's difficult. Okay, next one, let's see and again I'm not prepared for this, so forgive me. Good morning, good afternoon, Morning crew. Yesterday's Minnesota goodbye. You were talking about sleep and wanting to do a sleep study, Dave. At my work yesterday we had a gal come talk to us about sleep health and suggestions on how to get better sleep and her encouragement of everybody to do a sleep study. She promoted an en home sleep study that you order online, You tape a device to your finger, and then a few days later you have a consultation with a physician virtually. Here is the link to her organization. I will give the link. It is sleephs dot com. Sleephs dot com. She has a long history of working in the medical field in sleep study. She's been on WCCOTV. She was a gay, great presenter and very knowledgeable. If this is the right email, I would love a staff writer sticker. Here is too Sleeping Better. That is from Angel in clear Lake, Minnesota. You betcha, I'm going to send a staff writer sticker to you. The thing that I didn't want to do a sleep study for is because I don't want to go in and do a sleep study because you have to commit to an overnight you know, you go in, you sleep. And I've done a sleep study before, and what they noticed was not my sleeping, it was something wrong with my heart.
Speaker 3: Oh God.
Speaker 1: And they're like, yeah, your heart would stop beating for like long periods of time or something like that. So they actually called in a cardiologist and the cardiologist said, yeah, he's fine. I'm like, okay, So you guys ever done a sleep study.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 4: I went to a sleep therapist for a while because I just was having such issues sleeping.
Speaker 3: Not for a while.
Speaker 4: We met a couple times, so I tracked my sleep for a few weeks, and then by the second time we were able to figure out how much sleep I actually needed. And like, I don't know, I trust this doctor who has lots of experience more than the people on Instagram telling you you need eight hours of sleep. I was found out to need seven hours and ten minutes of sleep. And so he said, people get stressed and basically develop insomnia because you're in your head thinking you need like eight nine hours of sleep A nay, but not everybody needs that much, but some people.
Speaker 3: Do need that much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like so it's just a matter of what is it called sleep hygiene is a.
Speaker 3: Big thing, Like you gotta be careful with it.
Speaker 4: I mean it's it's you know, if you take a nap, you basically have to subtract that from the seven hours and ten minutes I need. So don't try to go to bed again at ten pm. You're just going to sit there and torture yourself and be a way. There's just like a lot of little things, but it's hard because the main thing I learned was I'm supposed to wake up at the same time every single day, no matter if it's the weekday weekend. And that was where I couldn't really stay on track. And why I still struggle a little bit is because I just can't do that on weekends.
Speaker 3: I want to.
Speaker 4: I don't sleep in super late, but I definitely don't get up as early as I do during the week I.
Speaker 1: Would people say I've heard that for years, like, yeah, wake up the same time on the weekend, Jenny, that you wake up during the week I wake up at about four fifteen to four thirty, And I'm never going to do that. I treasure my weekends to sleep in. Yeah, and I do fine with sleep. I don't really struggle with it some nights.
Speaker 3: But wake yourself up with snoring that seems like a struggle.
Speaker 1: Well, if I sleep on my side, I sleep just fine. OK, But I do if i'd love to sleep on my back. But then when I do, my throat relaxes and I go.
Speaker 3: And then I So you're going to do this sleep study at home and you're gonna be forever change You don't want to get a.
Speaker 1: Seapass and I and I might do this?
Speaker 3: Should all right?
Speaker 1: Here we go from Bethany, She says, Hello, my faves, I have two totally separate topics for you today. Number One, you were talking about laundry detergent. Y'all said you use tide, but I know many of you at least have some awareness of the need to reduce and recycle. I really want to encourage you to switch to laundry sheets. They are just as good, and you do not need to buy those huge plastic bottles of detergent anymore. I know Jenny prefers to buy in store versus online when possible, so just FYI, you can get them at larger targets, so much less waste. They're called earth breeze laundry detergent echo sheets. Have you heard of these, Jenny, I haven't. No, Okay, So there it is if you want to try something different out. And I really do believe in that. You know, we have a towel warmer at home, and I love our towel warmer. It's the size of a garbage can and you put your towel in it before you get in the shower and by the time you get out, it's warm and it's so good and I'm so spoiled now. But it went bad. It stopped working. So how do I do. You don't recycle it or donate it. You take it out and you put this big fucking plastic and metal electronic appliance into the dumpster. And I hate what we do. I hate that it's going to sit in a landfill forever, next to washers, dryers, refrigerators, computers, TVs, couches, chairs, dining room tables, all this shit that we pack into a hole in the ground and cover it up and pretend it's not there. And we all do it, everything from diapers to you know what, one of the worst things is you get takeout. When you get takeout or door dash or takeout, look at this shit they package your food in.
Speaker 3: Yeah it is plastic containers.
Speaker 1: Ridiculous. If you get Chinese food food and you get miso soup, it is a salt not solid, but a very durable plastic tub with a lid. Yes, that you throw in the trash. Oh, I say, by it?
Speaker 3: Do you I save mine because I feel so bad like trying to recycle them.
Speaker 1: Well, then you're like my dad and my mom.
Speaker 3: Well I don't save every single one because that doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 1: If you get a tub of butter, do you save it because you don't want to throw it away?
Speaker 3: Like I don't get a tub of butter. I just don't buy anything.
Speaker 1: When I was a kid, we never had our own bowls. We had cool whip and tubs of butter, so we never that poe. My dad was like a depression baby, depression ara baby. So they saved everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I don't. I mean I don't save everything, but I would recycle it. I wouldn't throw that in the landfill.
Speaker 4: Do you guys know what scrappers are?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: Okay, So basically Andrew's turning over one of his units right now, and he has all these appliances he's getting rid of. And there's people that just like collect that stuff and they like use the pieces or they sell them somehow whatever, okay, and so and then I just saw last night some guy going down the alley picking up random shit in our alley and he was a scrapper too, And I've never heard of that in my life until this week. So there are people out there who like kind of make a living off of taking people's used appliances or hole warmers.
Speaker 3: And that's wild. I that's wild to me because that's kind of the same kind of vibe to me as people who go to like Goodwill find like kind of fancier things or like flip them or just like find something vintage and then resell it for a bunch more money.
Speaker 1: A couple of more emails on the Minnesota Goodbye because there's something you know that I've done such a poor job of organizing the mailbox that I don't want to miss any So listen to this one is from Jamie. I know it's a late response on a topic I miss the episode, so I just listened to it and the finding a sex toy finding a sex toy story is too good not to tell, so here we go. My sister is mentally handicapped, so my mom would have her doctor appointments virtually from the house. I was living at her house for a couple of months temporarily while buying my new house. While I was there, my sister's group home manager and director were there and all sitting around the kitchen table, and the doctor was virtual on a laptop. Now, my sister's an adult female but has about a is about a three year old mentally. My sister, during the middle of the room and meet it in the meeting, got up and walked out of the room while the rest were chatting with the doctor. And after a few minutes, I see the group home manager's eyes get really big and yell my mom's name. Everybody looked over. My sister was walking out of my mom's bedroom off the kitchen carrying a big old dildo. Oh god, my mom screamed and yelled her name while jumping up and down, running over there while grabbing it and disappearing into her room. I was speechless and beyond disturbed, and everyone else was laughing hysterically, including my mom. I don't think I've ever seen my mom's face so red. Sincerely, a huge fan Jamie, So sister found mom's giant, big old dildo. What color are you picturing, Jenny, Wait?
Speaker 3: Punk purple?
Speaker 1: I had blue? Oh at a pale blue. Yeah, that's what I'm picturing. And I don't know why pale blue A pale blue dildo. Yeah, I don't know why.
Speaker 3: Because you have one matches ears that must be it.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, thanks for that story. That was really interesting. That one's a little bit too serious for the Minnesota goodbye, So I think, okay, here we do one more. Tell Bailey I would join her in the shuffle dating thing. I'm always looking to add to my body count ha. Although I'm guessing we're not looking at the same age dating group, so if it's just for thirty somethings, then I'm out. Now tell me really quick, what is shuffle dating?
Speaker 3: So, shuffle dating is this thing that I found that's similar to speed dating, but there's no host and you just show up at the place that they tell you to show up at and you have ten minutes to meet a variety of people. But what this person said the age or the age ranges, they have a bunch of different ones. So there's one that's thirty three to forty five, twenty five to thirty two, twenty nine to thirty seven, thirty three to thirty five, thirty three to forty five, And they said that like in the FAQ, that you can go to years on either side of that age as well, So it could technically be thirty one to forty seven. But I'm sure that they'll end up adding more if it's if it's successful adding more and doing different age ranges as well.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, literally, I tried to write the same person. By the way, tried to write out a list of my body count after listening today, and I swear I was about ten people short. Maybe I need a seapat for better memory. Yes, I love how you tie in other things from the show, although I love to pick Candy from Dave's list to hear about, because who doesn't like candy even if it screams ditzy stripper just trying to feed her kids? Do tell. So this is where I named, like the some of the women that I slept with over the years, my body count, and I said, name and name, and I will tell you her story. So Candy we've talked about on the show. She was the one who I dated her when I was like nineteen or so, and we dated very shortly. I told Candy once on the phone, I said I love you and she said, no, you don't, and she was right. I didn't. I don't know why I said it. I was nineteen, I didn't love anybody but me and my mama, and I said I love you and she said, no, you don't, and she was right. She was a wonderful person, she really was. But she was the one who spent time in prison for setting fire to the daycare she worked at. And Candy was her real name. Actually it was Dlynne d l y in In. I think Dylynnelynn, but they called her Candy. Now that I think about it, Dang, we kind of lost touch. She's gone through some turmoil, as you can imagine, and she was married and she got divorced, and I think she's when I see her on Facebook. She's one of those people who puts a very very old profile picture up and doesn't post any pictures of herself, and I think she's just very unhealthy now, like just very unhealthy, like not like cancer unhealthy, just to probably a body shape that she is just not happy with right now. Okay, moving on, same day, same person. I got two dates this week. I will call him meat and greets to reduce any pressure. Yes, I am that person who only wants to get a drink coffee, tea, wine, or beer for my first meet and greet. God knows, I don't want the whoreor haveing. Somebody watch me eat food.
Speaker 3: Yes, while I'm trying to carry.
Speaker 1: On and get to know you conversation. We used to joke that you can't have ribs or tacos on your first date. Spaghetti Okay that one too. Yeah I know, damn well, they won't have the balls to tell me I got food cut of my teeth. The only thing with food incorporated on a date is you can always tell who the talker is is. They will still have food left by the time the other person is finished. Yes, So, as a forty seven year old single woman, what's your ideal short date ideas? Got to keep those meet and greets interesting. Thanks y'all for the laughs. Have a great day. Dart Lick and all free and clear. Regular staff writer by Shannon. Okay, I totally agree. That's a chapter in my book, fucking eat your lunch so we don't sit here all day. Because if I go to lunch with somebody and I'm halfway done with my meal and they still have their first fork full of salad, I'm like, shut the fuck up, let me talk so you can eat because I'll be done and they still have their force. And I hate that I wrote that in my book. Give me a first date activity, like a meet and greet date activity.
Speaker 3: I mean, I like the going to get a drink. The only thing is that sometimes like if you're sober, then shoot, then that's gonna be. Go get coffee before, yeah, like kombucha or something. But like, yeah, I always get a drink because then if you're having a good time, you can get a second one versus like a coffee. You have one and that's it.
Speaker 1: That's kind of true. Yeah, you don't really have more than that. Hey, send your emails to Ryan Show at katiewb dot com